Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star in Frisco. The Dallas Cowboys Tyler and now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: It is no Wednesday, April twenty six, twenty twenty three. We are officially into Draft Eve. Everybody. Tomorrow is the NFL Draft in Kansas City, Missouri, and this is the Draft Show presented by Miller Lte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Welcome into the Star and Frisco in the SWBC studios. We've got the whole crew locked, loaded and ready for draft coverage all weekend long. We've got Bobby Belt back and ready to roll. Brian brought us, We've got Zach Waltchuck Morrison. I'm Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: Everybody ready, We ready? Bobby?
Speaker 4: You ready?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean You're never ready? Like don't you always feel like Brian? I know Brian and I remember Dane in years past would do it. It's like the what about one more I could have I could have worked in one more player or something like that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm to the point where you're no, I'm not. I'm not. I'm I'll tell you where I'm at right now. If if we were all doing this, if we were working as a team for a team, I'd take us all out and play golf right now. I really would. I'd go take us to go do something, you know what. I the day before, we need to go think about something else. You know, we don't need to be thinking about mock drafts and scenarios. I mean, if we've done all the work we can to get it to this point, the tags are up on the board, we've talked about potential moves, move ups, we've done simulators. We're going to do a simulator today for our show's purpose. But if I was running a draft, I would give you guys the day off.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks guys, Yeah, good show, everybody, all right, we'll see guys tomorrow. Would Chase Kepka's ace on and live golf circuit that's what we're gonna talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would. I would totally just give you the day off because I I don't feel like it's gonna be a long three days, you know, and we're gonna need to concentrate those three days. And I I don't want you, you know, sitting there and you know, pondering this and pondering that. You know, we've done all the pondering we could do right now, for for the for the team purposes, for our show. We're gonna continue to continue to ponder. Yeah, that's what we're here for. We're here to ponder. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, what was the biggest thing or I guess the most fun thing you ever did the day before the draft? Was it go play golf? Or were you still kind of locked in? Yeah, that's fair and.
Speaker 3: Get hammered, like start dartying, you know, the day party.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I I always like I would take my guys to lunch, you know, or we'd all go out and just and let the guys maybe go back to the hotel or go do what they want to do. I mean, you're you're in this mode where you're it's the same day. It's like the movie Groundhog Day. You live in the same day every day, and so maybe it's an opportunity to kind of reconnect with your family because you're not gonna reconnect with them for three days. Uh, you know, say hello to people, go out and run some errands, you know, relax, Binge, watch Ted Lasso. Whatever you want to do. You know, I would live. I'd let you go do that so to me, but I would always make sure that it was we're gonna go do something else. We're not gonna We're not gonna worry about this anymore. We're gonna worry about it for the next three days and that's all we need to do. What are you expecting, Ayisha, going into the next three days?
Speaker 2: This is your first go around at and I'll ask Zach the same thing. Zach's been around the fan at least for a little bit longer. But you you this is your first time on the draft show. What are you expecting over the next three days?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 7: I am. I'm starting to get like the Beg's about tomorrow, just because I don't know if I'm supposed to we supposed to say Beg's on there.
Speaker 3: That's fine, they were a good group in the seventies.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I'm starting to like and there's no I don't know, it's so unpredictable, Like right now, I feel like I know nothing, Like I feel like I know some things, but we don't know what other teams are gonna do because they don't some of them can't draft it good. So I just that's my thing is that I'm so unsure about the first round. And I think after the first round we can get I mean, things will kind of fall into clarity, we'll understand, we'll understand where some players lie and stuff. I just think the first round is gonna set up a lot for us. So I'm more I have the most like anks about the first round.
Speaker 2: I think teams would probably agree with that, right, I mean the first round is kind of the impact pick, but it's also the most unpredictable.
Speaker 8: Yeah, especially at twenty six.
Speaker 7: I mean you have no idea.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're just you're sitting there waiting to see how the board falls to you.
Speaker 8: Right, And I don't think.
Speaker 9: That this is one of those where you're really making the move up unless there's a.
Speaker 8: Rare situation that a player slides.
Speaker 3: Let me run something by you, guys, then on this for the move ups. If somebody were and I was talking about this on Cowboys Break and Nick Eatman asked me the question, why would you move up? And I said I would move up if somebody was just giving away their pick. You know, if one of these teams like Baltimore or Minnesota, or somebody is so desperate to get out of the round, or maybe not get out of the round, but to get out of that spot that they say, Hey, I'm not going to hold you up for a three. I'm gonna let you have this pick for a four. I'm gonna let you have this pick for a five. You know, teams sometimes get stuck. Dallas got stuck during the Travis Frederick pick. They went from eighteen to thirty. They got stuck and they wanted to bail, and they actually took less value for the pick. Could have got a second round pick out of it from San Francisco. They took a third. So if somebody is willing to give their pick away, I need to be there to pick up the pieces and think about this. You know, if it's a possibility to move up four or five spots, six spots to grab somebody, then I think I have to be ready for that. Yeah, but I have to be ready for you know, I've made these calls, I've talked to people, but I got to monitor the situations with these teams. You know, I got to let these teams know, like listen, you get stuck, call Dallas. Call me, yeah, I'm here, you know, call me and that way you could you know, maybe maybe you're even calling these teams as they're on the clock, those teams that you were willing to go to twenty two, twenty three, twenty four. If you're willing to go to those teams, call them and say, hey, you guys can make this pick. Yeah we are, Brian, Thanks, boom. Next team when they go on the clock, next team, Hey, you guys going to make this pick? Yeah, Brian, we are.
Speaker 6: Boom.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Call the third team, you guys, what are you doing here? Man, we're talking about it right now. Oh okay, we're here. We're here. If you're willing, you know, just to know. Yeah, I'm bothering you to the point where I keep I keep the pressure on you to call me and let me know if you want to move this pick.
Speaker 9: I think that's really smart. I mean, just always have your options open, especially if they do want, say a Dulton Kincaid from the Utah Yeah, and you need to jump a team, maybe it's Jacksonville or you name X team that might be just a couple.
Speaker 3: Of tea the tight end Jacksonville's talking about him a little bit. We mocked him that way in our first round mock that we did. We had a tight end.
Speaker 9: Go yeah, well, I mean Evan Ingram I think was just franchised. I don't know that he's got a long term deal. He did, but he's not locked up long don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I haven't looked at what it looked like last year in Jacksonville. But I know when Doug Peterson was in Philadelphia, Philly ran more twenty one than anybody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could do that with Evan Ingram and Dalton Kincaid or Evan Ingram and Michael maybe they would do that.
Speaker 3: See that's but my whole point about trading up is that I'm I'm staying active. Yeah, I'm staying I'm keeping my I'm keeping options open because you don't know if somebody is going to ice. Just said it earlier. The strange thing is you don't know how people are going to draft. You might have an idea there's some new general managers in this in this uh draft, new guys, new experiences. You know, I'm not saying it's like my guy on draft day, like Sonny, you know, from the Cleveland Browns, like he's forced, like he's forcing the Houston Texans guy and he's he's banging on the jack the Jacksonville guys. Nobody went to his birthday party. You don't want to take that exactly. So that's what I'm saying. I mean, you're not doing that, but you're but you're keeping yourself in in in the way of knowing of people knowing like yeah, we can call Dallas, but it might be to the point too where they want to bail. That's the only way if somebody was willing to give that pick away because they're stuck.
Speaker 9: Are you kind of work in both sides of it with teams behind you, like.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to keep teams from behind me, not to go ahead of me. I'm trying to do.
Speaker 2: But let's say you at twenty box out, Yeah you do get wiped, and maybe it's Arizona at thirty four that does have a new GM and you're you're talking to them about like, okay, well, if there's a player you like, maybe won't move back, and you kind of set that way.
Speaker 8: You've got contingencies both ways.
Speaker 3: I keep talking about that, and actually was I think it was Bill Barnwell from ESPN. Bill Barnwell had an interesting trade proposition that and sometimes I can't say words proposition, the Dallas goes to thirty five, which was Indianapolis. Yeah, and they pick up that that day that that started day four. Yes, yeah, that's right, that fourth round and it's it's the fourth overall pick to start the day. And sometimes in that position, you know, we always call that it's the this is the the day three is known as the scouts draft, where the scouts are the ones now kind of working the boards and stuff. And so that that day, that day three pick fourth overall in the round. That could that could get you something big if you want to, if you want to parlay it into something bigger for next year, or you could just take that player that you probably have on your board that was a third round player, you know, or man like, we got two or three guys still on our board. We're sleeping on our board after the second night, and we still got some third round grades up on that board, and that puts you in a good spot. You got that round, you get two premium players. In my opinion, that fourth round players are just they're like gold, you know, because you got one at the top of the round and one at the bottom of the round. You get me two picks to start day three. I'm gonna do some damage. I would love for that to happen. Yeah. Yes, there's a lot of meat there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The point is here, though, is that there are scenarios. There are chances to go up, there chances to go down. It's like what Jerry's favorite quote was, if it's if the phone's not ringing, it's me a collin.
Speaker 3: He says it every year, every year, and.
Speaker 4: To the point where an old country song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty six year old knows the words to lyrics to an old country so look it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably told us it was an old country song.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But with that being said, we've got scenarios to look at too, because we're going to continue to ponder. Like Brian said, and Bobby, you have some mock draft scenarios that we're going to work through.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So well it's the uh, it's the mock draft machine. It's where we're going to be able to see what plays out ahead of us. Brian and I did this the other.
Speaker 3: Day and we got a great player we did.
Speaker 4: We ended up with Joey Porter Junior.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: We would have a freaking party.
Speaker 4: So let's go.
Speaker 3: That would be good pin throws.
Speaker 8: That would be great pin throws for me.
Speaker 3: There's there's you don't like Porter.
Speaker 9: Huh you gave me that look like No, I was you wouldn't be satisfied.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not saying it. I'm sorry, Bobby. He was just looking at my face. I interrupt you. It was my face. It was my face, they interrupted you. I just I like the idea of a corner I really do. But I'm trying to figure out, especially with someone like Joey Porter Jr. You guys, Stephan give more in here for a year, four year, So how do you feel he gonna play behind him.
Speaker 9: For a year for a whole year, and corner he gets hurts?
Speaker 3: Trayvon Dix didn't play a whole lot.
Speaker 8: You kind of need four corners now in today's NFL.
Speaker 7: But that was more so because of injury. No, No, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Feel like it was because he's broke his foot at the beginning of December. Yeah, it's all, but like the last two games of the year missed a little bit.
Speaker 7: That That was just my question about the cornerback things like how does that work? For you guys.
Speaker 4: So for all of the for all the simulators that are out there pro football, I do like the best one that I think is the Draft Network. I think there's just the most realistic one. Uh. And so I know this has been something you guys have done over the years before where you go through the mock draft scenario. So, uh, we can use this one from the Draft Network. How far would you like to go into this, Brian? How far do you want me to to send off the simulator before I stop it and we reevaluate we're at pick.
Speaker 3: One, send it down to fifteen.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what I was thinking, because then you could get up with your second round pick if you really you.
Speaker 4: Don't want me to slow down again? See if maybe Scarronsky's there nooood all the way to fifteen?
Speaker 7: Yeah, talked about that.
Speaker 3: You think sid is that picture him with a bong to the picture of him smoking?
Speaker 4: Did he have a mask and a bong?
Speaker 3: He No, he was just and it could be super old.
Speaker 8: But there is a picture circulating.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that he has a bong.
Speaker 9: Right, And I think everyone would go back and take Larmie Tunzel if they had the chance to redo that no doubt.
Speaker 4: Probably fifteen the Texans, so they didn't have to give that up. Okay, so pick one was Bryce Young to the Panthers. Pick two to the Texans was will Us. Wow, you had pick three Will and Anderson to the Cardinals. C. J. Stroud comes off the board number four to the Colts. It's Tyree Wilson edge rusher. Pick five to the SEAHAWKSY Devin Witherspoon picked six to the Detroit Lions. Anthony Richardson goes seven to the Raiders. B John Robinson goes in the top.
Speaker 3: Ten A to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Okay, that looks like it's gonna happen. That's apossible. That's a possibility.
Speaker 4: The Paris Johnson goes to the Bears at number nine. Christian Gonzales to the Eagles. Would that upset you? Christian Gonzalez to the Eagles at ten?
Speaker 3: That would upset me.
Speaker 8: I'd be bummed.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I've come to the realization that whoever the Eagles pick at ten, I'm probably gonna be with the exception of maybe van Nessa.
Speaker 8: Let's hope they take van ness is a hell of a player.
Speaker 3: I like play to the others, I feel like that. I'm going to be I could be really, really really wrong about him, and I think doubt. I think he's on the or to Dallas at twenty six, by the way, I do, he's reconsideration.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Roderick Jones tackle to the Titans at eleven, Nolan Smith Edge Rusher to the Texans at twelve. So they get Bryce Young and Nolan Smith. That's huge, Jackson Smith and Jigba for Jordan Love's new target there in green Bay at thirteen.
Speaker 3: That's im possible. Talked to green Bay last night, sticky, Taron Rodgers.
Speaker 4: The simulator is talking to the same people you talked to, right, Okay, Edge Rusher to the Patriots at fourteen.
Speaker 3: That's about where he needs to go. Perfect value.
Speaker 4: Here we are at fifteen, which is now the Jets pick after the Aaron Rodgers trade, and there's one huge name still well, actually two huge names on board, but one specific that's fallen out of the top ten. That's surprising. Kronsky is there, that's good, Jaylen Carter has fallen. Yeah, So it's fifteen a point where you start calling Brian or do you let it ride for a couple more.
Speaker 3: Picks, man, Because he's my number one player.
Speaker 4: Here same, Here's just some of the names that are left on the board, and this is the draft network stack here. Jalen Carter, Peter Scaransky, Darnell Right tackle from Tennessee, Deontay Banks corner from Maryland.
Speaker 3: Okay, stop you right there. The first three guys I would absolutely love. So I think I'm gonna let this sing ride.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm gonna because here's who's coming up next. You got Jets, Commanders, Steelers, Lions.
Speaker 2: And it would probably take your second rounder like fifty eight and possibly a late day three pick packaged in with your second rounder to move up to fifteen because.
Speaker 3: The Steelers could take either of them, you know, Carter or Right.
Speaker 4: And here's the thing you got to consider, Brian, if you love any of these players, you have an opportunity here to potentially jump right ahead of the Commanders instead of letting this get in your division.
Speaker 8: Correct. I think you got at least pick up the phone and call.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm calling Jets. I'm calling.
Speaker 4: I would Jets need some draft capital, right, So let's see here we will Will they.
Speaker 3: Be interested in one of my players? They've got two wide receivers.
Speaker 2: That are on the board there too, to help Aaron Rodgers or Scaransky if they would like, I say, can I trade him?
Speaker 3: Can I trade one of my wide receivers?
Speaker 4: You can gallup, not through the not through the actual here. But I mean if you wanted to throw in a player for free, that we can't calculate. I know that because the Jets currently have pick fifteen. They have a second, a fourth, a fifth and a fifth. That's all they have.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, they could definitely use some some Ama.
Speaker 3: Let's I'm let's let this sing ride go, let it ride, let it ride?
Speaker 4: What about letting it ride?
Speaker 8: Let's let's let it ride. Let's let it ride?
Speaker 3: How you want to go?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 7: No? No, just I want to see what happens?
Speaker 4: Okay? How far do I let it go?
Speaker 3: Five twenty? You want?
Speaker 4: You want to get? So we get up to through the Buccaneers, up to the Seahawks.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do that John Snider, because I know I could deal with John Snyder. He's my Internet. It was my intern in Green Band. Deal with him. Here we go that you want to actually call him?
Speaker 4: He's taking Tis just took Peter Skaransky.
Speaker 3: That's did do it?
Speaker 4: Okay, right, You've got Deontay Banks to Washington.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 4: So you do have Joey Porters Jayalen Carter's still sitting there. Okay, Joey Porter Junior goes to the Steelers. Oh, the Porter family gets to stay in Pitts.
Speaker 8: We're very happy about that.
Speaker 3: Popular pick too.
Speaker 4: Next pick key On White ed Rusher to the Lions.
Speaker 3: We got a break there. There's a lot of we just got a break.
Speaker 4: I do think there's some key On White love.
Speaker 3: I like, yeah, oh yeah, a lot more than me.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, all right. Next pick here, Buccaneers take Lucas van Ness. That's a fake pen throw for you. So now you're sitting at the Seahawks. You have the who's between you f the Seahawks, Chargers, Ravens, Vikings, Jags, Giants. And here's who's left on the board.
Speaker 3: Carter's still there.
Speaker 4: Jaylen Carter's still there. You could go to Seattle Darnell right, Zay Flowers receiver, Boston College.
Speaker 3: I think I got say Flowers with the.
Speaker 4: Cook's Elijah Knzy defensive tackle, sit there and get the tight ends Bryan Branch. But all the tight ends are there. Jordan Addison is there. The receiver from USC Emmanuel Forbes. Uh, John here yet?
Speaker 7: Can you say the first two names again, Jalen Carter and Darnell Right.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I would be. I'd be getting on the phone here. Who did the Seahawks take in.
Speaker 4: The first with their first pick, Tyrie Wilson.
Speaker 3: Wilson an edge rusher. Yes, they don't get a tackle car.
Speaker 8: They could take Carter. That would be a very seattle like.
Speaker 4: Now here's here's the thing you got. Here's the thing you got a factor to According to the board that exists out there that this is drafting, of the two highest remaining players left are Carter and Right. So you are going to have to take the chance with four or five teams going, well, let's just go, BPA, take this guy.
Speaker 7: Sure, I want to Does this simulator know something we don't know?
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you this, guys, the tight ends we love are still there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, what do you what do you how many picks you got one two, three or one two, three, four or five six picks between you and you've got at least harder Right and both tight.
Speaker 3: Ends got Yeah, we haven't let this sink go.
Speaker 8: So there's a lot of players you like.
Speaker 9: For sure, there is the number one player in the draft available.
Speaker 3: Number one non quarterback. Not a lot of people.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Tanner McKee certainly is in the play here. Jalen Carter is the number one player on my board, number one player on Bryan's Yeah I'm getting Yeah, Jalen Carter. The way that he can impact your defense, and people cry about, hey, can you go get yourself a big nasty in the middle, that he's not only going to give you pass rush, he's gonna be able to stop the run.
Speaker 2: He's gonna free up your linebackers. The impact he can make.
Speaker 9: You get him at twenty, I think it's worth up moving up the five bots.
Speaker 2: I'm right there with you in terms of going up for a special player that's there at twenty. It would take your third round pick, and it take your sixth round pick to do it. You need one hundred and fifty points on the trade chart. Your third round pick is one forty, so you pair that with one of the late day three picks, you've got one fifty seven to trade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a gamble, a little bit of an overpay.
Speaker 9: And we need to make sure we check out you know, everything when it comes to do. We like the kid off the field, all that stuff, but if that checks out to me, he's too good to not at least call about.
Speaker 4: Here's my only thing. If you if Jalen Carter happens to fall down to you all the way to twenty six and you want to take him and take those risks with all the concerns off the field, that's fine. You're you're you're taking that that chance with face. I don't know that I want to sacrifice anything to take a gamble on the person. Okay, it's the problem.
Speaker 2: What about Darnel Wright, who is still on the board there too, and would automatically make your offensive line complete?
Speaker 3: Man, we didn't, we did, We had We had no thought when we were building our board at Carter was going to be there at twenty right, there's none, no, And if we're window dressed, okay, you had a thought maybe Arnel would be there one one. Any thoughts about where you would have him on your board?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I have him met three three two two two.
Speaker 3: I think we were doing. We got a guy.
Speaker 2: You have to I think you have to and I love to try. You gotta try, and I love rightay?
Speaker 6: Three?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let's play it this way. Let's play it now, let's play it. Okay. I got on the phone with my old intern in Green Bay, John Snipe. He turned us down. He didn't want it. Okay, he don't pick you pick one? He said no, he said no.
Speaker 4: I can pick one. You can't go back and you can't.
Speaker 3: That's fine, pick it. That's what I'm saying him. Pick That's the scenario. He turned down. We can't, we can't. We can't do anything. I can't do anything in this.
Speaker 4: All right, we're gonna let We're gonna let the Seahawks pick here, don't take him and the Seahawks took a manual Forbes.
Speaker 2: Oh we're living another day, boy. Okay, now it would only it would only take your third round pick to go up to twenty one.
Speaker 3: Okay, now I'm now I'm yelling at my pro guys. Okay, I'm yelling at my pro guys. You gotta tell me who's next to this board. Chargers, chargers. Somebody tell me what the chargers are looking at here.
Speaker 2: Somebody give me the chargers needs, so you know chargers needs right now?
Speaker 3: You would look at a Sorry, I had to pull it up. That's fine, You're doing good.
Speaker 2: The Chargers Chargers there they are defensive line, oh god, the linebacker, offensive tackles.
Speaker 3: So their top three priority they take right away from us here, right, yep, they could take right and they could take Carter. Take both of those.
Speaker 4: They and that's the thing that those are their interests. Are they willing to even take your call?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 2: Okay, wide receiver though they might snag a wide receiver. Yeah, okay, I'm on the phone as a secondary need because they do have Keenan Allen still, they do have Mike Williams.
Speaker 3: Still, maybe they could take one of these ends too, because they could need it. The Okay, justin Herbert, we just called Tom to LESCo. Tom turned us down. He ain't letting us sin pick it all right.
Speaker 7: Next, don't nobody like us.
Speaker 4: They took a receiver. They took Zay Flowers.
Speaker 3: Let's go, okay, all right, okay, pick I.
Speaker 4: Mean you're you are now you're three four picks out.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: This is the team's right it. This is the team that's scary though. But this hapens to Baltimore all the bleep and time.
Speaker 3: Oh that Baltimore will take the place.
Speaker 8: Happens to Baltimore.
Speaker 9: Every freaking year they sit there, somebody just slides into their lap, and what do they say, the raven We'll take them.
Speaker 2: Pro guy, tell me Baltimore's needs please, corner, running back, offensive guard.
Speaker 4: They got a running back edge. Yeah, I guess he just hasn't signed up. Done that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: They they signed Odell of course, in the off season they traded for They signed Nelson Aguialore. So their wide receiver position looks better, but they haven't really valued that spot.
Speaker 3: They could take a wide receiver.
Speaker 8: They really could use a corner.
Speaker 3: Eric DaCosta turned us down on the tray.
Speaker 4: All right, we gotta go again and go to the Vikings.
Speaker 3: No, who do they pick?
Speaker 4: They took Juju Brents from Kansas State.
Speaker 2: They got the corner, all right, Prince, Okay, wow, are we talking about him enough?
Speaker 4: I mean, there's there's no matter that Brents could go back into the first.
Speaker 3: I don't have him.
Speaker 9: People have been talking he's good three Yeah, me too, I don't have him in the first.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see I have a message. So the Ravens took Brents. Yeah, I got Brents in the third.
Speaker 2: How about this, let's take our break Okay, let's stalk this sover. When we come back, we're gonna see if we'll either let this thing ride or we're gonna trade up a couple spots and go get us a Jalen Carter or Darnell right with more of the draft show right after this.
Speaker 10: Miller Lte is the light beer brewed for people who love to taste of beer, for those who are always the first to volunteer for beer runs, who hit up tail gates for sports that they don't even like, and believe having a beer fridge in the garage is non negotiable. It's a ninety six calorie, three point two car love letter to beer lovers who know that the best part of beer is the beer part.
Speaker 4: Taste like Miller time, celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three. Miller Brew Company, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Speaker 11: Beer Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 3: You want to stay at the.
Speaker 11: Team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls with Star Sports Tours. You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 12: Hey Cowboys fans, if you're looking for a full time or part time job, check out Liberty Tax, proud partner of the Dallas Cowboys. If you've got tax experience and want to help your community with their finances, you're the perfect candidate. No tax experience. We also offer in person tax school courses locally. Liberty Tax has seventy nine locations across DFW and twenty three hundred offices nationwide. Learn more about our job opportunities at Liberty tax dot com, slash hiring, or call your local Liberty Tax office today.
Speaker 5: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: As they snap of the fresh stout, who looks right, that's not there.
Speaker 3: He escaped slapped, He'll.
Speaker 4: Look full pres style.
Speaker 3: Just like football.
Speaker 5: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 5: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallas Cowboys dot com Draft shows.
Speaker 2: Back here at the Draft Show and the Star in Frisco presented by Miller Light. You can come out to the Star in Frisco for the Draft Weekend Party presented by Miller Light starting on Thursday, April twenty seventh, that's tomorrow, everybody six thirty pm. Enjoy draft coverage, players, appearances, live performances, and more. On Friday, you can come back for Draft Night Out with live music and games. Then finished strong on Saturday with the Draft Day five K presented by Baylor, Scott and White Health. For more info, visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Draft. They will have our coverage out on the plaza for a little bit. They're gonna have us kind of scattered throughout. And if they don't do that, guess what you got us on your phone? You got us mobile.
Speaker 3: Come out here, bring your headphones.
Speaker 2: We'll watch our coverage because our coverage starts at six o'clock tomorrow. On the Dallas Cowboys Radio Network and Dallascowboys dot Com. We are going to be excited, especially if something happens like what's happening right now. We're running through our first round mock draft. We've gone through the simulator. We're sitting at pick number twenty three at the moment where the Vikings are on the clock, and Bobby, we've got some great names still available too.
Speaker 4: There's Jalen Carter, There's Darnell Wright. There's Michael Mayer, Dalton Kincaid. Michael Mayer tight end Notre Dame, Dalton Kinkaid tight end, Utah, Jalen Carter interior defensive lineman, Georgia darneld Wright tackle guard, Tennessee. Thank you, There you go. Brian Branch is still there, Verstatle dB from Alabama. Jordan Addison, great route runner, wide receiver USC. So there's a bunch of different options here. There's also Hendon Hooker, which Brian will argue to pick here in a few moments.
Speaker 8: I'm sure, Well, I think the Vikings are about to take him.
Speaker 4: They very well could. And so we've got the if I can hear it, picked twenty three and we're just three picks out from the Cowboys, and what are we.
Speaker 3: Doing make any suggestions.
Speaker 9: I think I'm not worried about Minnesota taking Carter. I think they're looking at a corner.
Speaker 2: I think I think in real life they're taking Hendon Hooker here, I really do.
Speaker 8: I think they're taking the quarterback.
Speaker 7: They also need to replenish tight end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't Anthony Richardson still on the board.
Speaker 4: I think he went to I think he went to.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's it's possible they could take a defensive tackle. I don't see that as a bigger need for them right now than quarterback. They've done a lot of homework on corner and receiver.
Speaker 4: How much do you think that if the Jayalen Carter went to the Giants, how tough do you think it'd be for your interior to block Dexter Lawrence and Jayalen Carter?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Loud, Oh no, I'd say we let it right.
Speaker 3: I'd say we're thinking, so we're to a point now where we've there's so many good players on that board that yeah, I would feel bad about losing Carter because how close he got. But I'm but I'm understand. You know, you can feel good having we let it, we let it ride, We let it ride this far. The draft GUIDs might be with us on this once do this, let's got it ride go all right.
Speaker 4: Next pick here is the Vikings and they have taken Hendon Hooker.
Speaker 3: Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 7: What an accurate simulation simulators, I'm telling you it's it's been pretty And look I've run a bunch of different simulations with us.
Speaker 4: Sometimes b Jon Robinson falls to the twenties or all the way down to the Cowboys. This time he went eighth. Jalen Carter, haven't seen him fall out of the top ten in the simulator yet you're still here right now, So it does try to account for some of those different points.
Speaker 8: Great job.
Speaker 3: I can't wait till Twitter comes at us tomorrow and they're.
Speaker 4: Like you guys, said Jalen Carter, would you say, yeah, you said he'd be there, and why's he going six? So we've got the Jaguars here. Their next pick will McDonald.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's fine with me. Yeah, the Cowboys might be kind of bummed.
Speaker 3: That's a pin throw across the hallway. For sure.
Speaker 2: They would want him to fall and be at least in the conversation, get into fifty eight.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a We're not gonna have a tough choice here.
Speaker 4: Is there.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have yeah, cars one of those two guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Carter, right, how about even trade back?
Speaker 3: Were interested in trade back?
Speaker 4: Able to we might?
Speaker 3: Let see the giants?
Speaker 4: All right, giants?
Speaker 3: How about us? We went from we went from a tack mote put We went from a to like, let's let's balance.
Speaker 4: The giants have taken Jordan Addison.
Speaker 3: Splendid?
Speaker 8: Shall we?
Speaker 4: So what do we have?
Speaker 3: Who's on the phone. Who's on the phone. Yeah, so we have No, you got to take the guy, right, you got to take you. You sweated, you were trying to be aggressive to go get your best player on your board.
Speaker 4: No, I don't like the offer that we have here on this first one.
Speaker 8: What's the offer?
Speaker 4: It's Pittsburgh is saying they'll give us thirty three, so go back six.
Speaker 3: Okay, they'll get the first pick of the second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they'll give you just a seventh this year and a fifth and a sixth next.
Speaker 3: Now that we're saying, no, that's not enough at all, not to get us to come off our best player.
Speaker 4: No, No, no, no, no, and then all you're you're getting offered from, uh, the Saints is a fifth to go back three spots, three spots.
Speaker 3: No, I'm taking Jalen Simulator.
Speaker 7: Mad at him.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of those teams are probably looking at it, like Brian was talking about earlier. If somebody wants to give away their pick, I'll go do it. But otherwise I'm just going to sit here.
Speaker 7: The way that bald Baldy came at the with the Cowboys for not having a DT man, you might want.
Speaker 3: To go, well, here you go, here's your guest.
Speaker 4: So we're rejecting the Saints, we're rejecting the All right, I'm interested to see who they had the Cowboys give us.
Speaker 3: I think I think as a group.
Speaker 4: We would Well, this is ours, we get to make the pick.
Speaker 3: Oh we do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have to pick Jalen Card.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't do I thought they pick it.
Speaker 4: No, they pick everything leading up to us. Yeah, and then we can see what happens behind it.
Speaker 3: I vote Drew Sanders, WHOA I vote no?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know you do?
Speaker 2: You love No, it's Jalen Card one hundred percent, number one player in the f false G twenty six. The only thing that I hate about this is because it's not what's the number one need for your team right now?
Speaker 3: It's offensive line, right that the biggest spot that's that's opening right now. I mean, defensive tackle is up there.
Speaker 4: He's nowhere close to cart I'm curious where darneld.
Speaker 8: Arnold Wright's eighteen?
Speaker 6: For me?
Speaker 3: Uh, he is number fifty fourteen.
Speaker 4: Fourteen, sixteen sixteen. Yeah, we all have him like right in the team.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, twenty four. I have him at twenty four.
Speaker 4: Okay, well he has them at twenty four. But other than that, we all have So my thing is that, and look, there's not I don't think there's a total lack of questions with Darnell right, No, but it's it's different than the questions that are being asked about Jalen Carter. Yeah, and so is there Yeah, there's obviously a talent gap, but like Jalen Carter has gone down the board this far for a reason. Yeah, And when you look at the talent versus the work effic like, does it not trouble anybody that it was ten days after the combine he was nine pounds heavier. No, he couldn't finish drills at Pro Day.
Speaker 3: Oh No, there's maturity.
Speaker 4: There's some maturity, questions, work ethic, this maturity, there's I mean, he was, he was, He's a really great player. I think he was even better last year though than he was this past year. And so I think that when you look at Carter, I mean there are definitely questions. There's fewer questions clearly about right. So are there enough questions about Carter that closes the gap for somebody like right?
Speaker 6: Esp?
Speaker 3: I feel like, do you guys feel like and I'm weird? I mean, I am I religion, I believe in I mean, I'm not acting the hell are we doing? But I'm sitting there thinking, like I do believe in the draft gods though too, I do. I believe in the football gods always have.
Speaker 8: Did show up? And did he play on Saturday?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: But the thing about it is, are these Jerry's warts?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Maybe it is Jerry's warts. We tried to go get a player that we thought, you know that, like we saw him sliding, but we could never pick the player, never could get in to pick the player. So to me, there's a side of me in cycling. Was I not supposed to pick this guy. That's that's the question that we're all asking, right, Why why is he here? Why am I was?
Speaker 6: I not?
Speaker 3: We were just so aggressive. We tried to get to twenty to trade for this guy. Do you want to we thought about it at fifteen.
Speaker 4: Do you want to call back to somebody. Do you want to call the chiefs and see if they'll give you, like a fourth to move back a few spots or a third.
Speaker 3: So they can go get him and take the player, take the player before.
Speaker 4: We do it, I want to I want to hear your thoughts on this.
Speaker 7: What I mean as far listen, we sweated all these Yeah, I'm more so I'm unsure because I don't have no answers. I mean, I know this is just a mock, but like we don't know for sure, like what is going on with Jalen?
Speaker 3: Like don't why is he sitting?
Speaker 7: Why is he? Why is he sitting there? Because we talked about it yesterday. When when you start seeing a guy falling, it is.
Speaker 4: For a reason and it Oh yeah, I don't think we're as if in real life, if Jalen Carter is there at twenty six tomorrow, I don't think we're asking why.
Speaker 8: I think we know why there's a risk and there's him.
Speaker 4: This was more uncomfortable for teams than we knew. But we will know why.
Speaker 7: But what I'm saying is is like, yeah, we know why surface level, Like we know why surface level. But have teams talk to them? Have they talked about his diet? Have they talked about his And I don't know enough to be like, yes, let's do it. And when you ask about who's the more short player right now, I guess you want to say with Darnell writing him, I don't behavior stuff. We've seen this story. We've seen this story with the Cowboys plenty of times, guys not being able to be on the field. But they're great players, but they weren't on the field.
Speaker 8: So but he was on the field.
Speaker 7: I mean tracking that.
Speaker 9: That's the thing with Jalen Carter. He didn't miss games. Now he played right, So yeah, he put on nine pounds. Human nature. We trying to put ourselves to the individual shoes. He's having to go and interview with police. He's stressing you stress seed right, I'm on soda State of the rweight loss.
Speaker 8: I've dealt with that issue. You're stress eating. You put on some way.
Speaker 2: Eight things happen, right, human nature, life happens. I'm not gonna knock the kid. Tell you, why are we putting him number one on our board, number three on our board if we don't intend to take on twenty six? Hold on, he shouldn't have been on the board.
Speaker 4: But hold on when you go like it's human nature, like it like, we can't knock the guy. Life happens. The life happens. Stuff that has been happened to Jalen Carter. A lot has been Jalen Carter's doing.
Speaker 3: That's totally fair.
Speaker 4: Just look at all these things outside of his control.
Speaker 3: But that's why Jalen Carter.
Speaker 8: I've done my due diligence in my homework.
Speaker 9: And if we've graded out that he's draftable and we've put him at the top of our boards, good point.
Speaker 2: I'm taking him at twenty six. Otherwise I'm not having him there in the first place.
Speaker 3: These are the conversation set it would happen in this absolutely would. Of course, we don't know everything that they know, right, eat and talk to the kid. That's the disadvantage that we have. That's the disadvantage that we don't know. If there's more we see the stuff that's being reported.
Speaker 4: It's also picked twenty six.
Speaker 3: I'm not picked nine, So I mean I think you can you can take the risk.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if it's cut and dry, who's the best player in that situation? You take Jalen Carter and your defense is so good that you know what your office does is important, but it's maybe not super duper is as important as last time?
Speaker 3: Khilly something here? Can we do something here? I'm interested in I'm interested in picking right and seeing where Carter ends up.
Speaker 2: So our actual pick is Carter, but we just want to see what I would be voting, and if there was any official vote, I would be voting to pick Darnell Right.
Speaker 9: Okay, it's tough because I love Darnel right, I do. But to me, I've got jailing Carter number one for a reason, going back and taking out.
Speaker 4: But I'm doing it.
Speaker 3: I'm doing it on tape and all that. Like again, maybe there's a reason why he's maybe on some people's boards, he's tenth, twelfth, fifteenth because of the stuff that we don't know about. Scout's running into Athens, Georgia. That's why I told you guys, I would send Butcher, my FBI guy from Philly, to go figure out what he is. Well, I want to know what Butcher thinks. What's that? You think Derek would pay for Butcher to go down here for but he needs to go check it out?
Speaker 4: All right, well we will. We can take right here just to see what happens behind? But what is the actual pick? Because I would vote right? What would you vote?
Speaker 3: I'd vote Carter Carter black and White. Is Jalen Carter, Jayalen Carter for me?
Speaker 4: So all right, y'all all can get fired twenty seventh league in two years.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll take care, don't make but take but take right.
Speaker 4: I'll take right just to see. But it's Carter Carter is the pick. What would have happened behind you if you take Darnell Wright? Right after that, it is Quentin Johnston to the Bills, Cam Smith to the Bengals, Jalen Carter to the Saints, Derek Pull to the Eagles, and then it was Jones to the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Try to come up and get him from you. If we hadn't made that, we'd have lost him.
Speaker 4: Yeap, Oh no, we didn't.
Speaker 3: Didn't, upset Bobby.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying like I I I'm I'm talking about specifically, like, uh, you know, our life experiences color our worldview. I think the life experiences in this building of players like this. I don't. I don't think I I want to take that.
Speaker 8: I get what you're saying.
Speaker 9: I just think the talent level for him is even greater than some of the other risks they've taken with a Randy Gregory in the second or a Kelvin Joseph in the second or name of the.
Speaker 4: Eyes were on this guy. All eyes were on this guy at the combine and even knowing a few days later at the party where it's like, this is our one chance do you work out? He showed up out of shape and couldn't finish bag drills. It's like, okay, you refuse to even get outside the top ten for other teams to talk to you too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then and then always your knocking against Taken des Bryant.
Speaker 4: I didn't have a knock against Takenada. See does Bryant look? Does Bryant had his own off field stuff? Does Brian Jalen Carter stuff? From everything you hear about Carter are are not equal to me?
Speaker 3: Maturity issues right, it's maturity issues.
Speaker 4: And then there's always players with Keavon Thibdau was thought to have maturity issues, Kavion Tiboa's issues.
Speaker 2: There were rumors about Michael Parsons too.
Speaker 3: It's not nearly the same, right, it doesn't always the same. You know, all the things that you just said make absolute sense. And then I go into my office and I close the door and I watch Oregon, Tennessee and Florida those games, and then I kind of go, oh, Okay, I know why I got him where I do. Yeah, you know, and you're you're you're not wrong about I'm not saying you just sweep any maturity issues or anything under the rug. And that's and the only reason why we had a shot to draft him at twenty six was because of everything you said. And Okay, is it a risk taking him at three with all that, more so than a risk at twenty six. I mean, I don't want to I don't want to bust a pick in the first round. Yeah, I don't want to bust a pariod. I don't. I don't. But if you're giving me an opportunity to take a guy and I don't on our board, I'm just saying, on our board, consensus was probably a top three player, right, and we're picking at twenty six. It's the same. It's almost the same argument with me with Bjon Robinson. You know, it's he's he's a top three player on my board and I get to pick him at twenty six. I don't care if he's a running back. He's a top three player on my board.
Speaker 4: Word, yeah, yeah, I think it's just at that point you're talking about positional value. It's a debate about how much is this position even worth. There's no question about where he is, while the other one is about that the Carter questions. The debate at that point is more about is he going to be on the field? Is he going to reach that? Like I don't think you have the same questions about will be John Robinson be available and be good? Yeah, Like whereas with Jalen Carter. And I don't think Jalen Carter is going to be a bust or anything. But what's his availabily, Like, what's his work happens? Like how much does he tap into his potential?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's just a high risk, high reward with Jalen Carter, whereas if you were to pick a darnhell right there, it's a low risk high reward to a stink. Yes, lower risk and a high or less high reward.
Speaker 4: None of the tight ends went by the way. Yeah, Kaid and Mayor all got through the first round.
Speaker 3: Are we able to do rounds two and three? Twitter on the twenty you wanted to do? Yeah, we can answer something.
Speaker 4: I set it up for one round.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll get Twitter on the twenty. Let's do that when we come back it We're going to answer some questions.
Speaker 4: He told me to do one.
Speaker 3: Knewest Dallas Cowboys. I didn't think we were gonna get through one. Jayalen Carter got it done. All right. We'll be right back with more Draft show right after this.
Speaker 10: Miller Light is the light beer brewed for people who love to taste of beer, for those who are always the first to volunteer for beer runs, who hit up tail gates for sports that they don't even like, and believe having a beer fridge in the garage is non negotiable. It's a ninety six calorie, three point two carp love letter to beer lovers who know that the best part of beer is the Beer part Taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer.
Speaker 13: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and Whoo Me Too. These smoothie bowls start with Usaii and Pataya and are handcrafted fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola and his savory peanut butter Drizzle. New Smoothie bows only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Hey Cowboys fans, if you're looking for a full time or part time job, check out Liberty Tax, proud partner of the Dallas Cowboys. If you've got tax experience and want to help your community with their finances, you're the perfect candidate. No tax experience. We also offer in person tax school courses locally. Liberty Tax has seventy nine locations across DFW and twoy three hundred offices nationwide. Learn more about our job opportunities at Libertytax dot com, slash Hiring, or call your local Liberty Tax office today.
Speaker 6: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion.
Speaker 4: When I played in the.
Speaker 6: NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Laser Care Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to tech Nowology and LASA care E Center, I can see near far in between.
Speaker 8: Don't fumble your.
Speaker 6: Vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 3: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Head to the Miller Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium for the Dallas Cowboys Tacos and Tuons Festival presented by Miller Lyte on Saturday, May thirteenth from two o'clock to seven o'clock in the afternoon. Enjoy a variety of tacos and food truck options as you sip on cold drinks and listen to live music, Admission and parting parking for the Dallas Cowboys Tacos and Tunes Festival is completely free. Visit att stadium dot com slash Tacos and Tunes for more information. See you there, Bobby Belt, Brian brought us, Achwalchuck, Aisha Morrison.
Speaker 3: I'm Kyle Yeomens. We just picked Jalen Carter.
Speaker 2: But it's time now for a very late edition of Twitter on the Twitter on the twenty on the forty six. Yeah, all right, We've got Luke and this kind of goes along with it. We just selected Jalen Carter. Let's pretend like we didn't take a defensive tackle. You go offensive line and go tight end. Whatever happens in the first round.
Speaker 3: I was encouraging by the names there by the way, the tight ends being available right being available.
Speaker 2: I think if we're sitting there, that would be a perfect draft. If that was the case, I would be happy with whoever they picked at that point. I would be ecstatic me too. Would you rather have this question from Luke Dayon Henley out of Washington State in the second round or and Coburn the defensive tackle out of Texas in the fourth round or Keanu Binten out of Wisconsin in the second round and Dorian Williams, linebacker from Tulane.
Speaker 3: In the third round. Darn it, what are you doing, dude?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Which one would you rather have?
Speaker 2: These are pairings between defensive tackles and linebackers. We just took Jaalen Carter. He's gonna be there tomorrow. It's written in the stars. It's happening.
Speaker 9: I am going to go with the second option because I have Benton way higher than Coburn. I got Coburn in the sixth round. I didn't love the player at all. I don't think he gives you a ton. I could be super wrong out he's a player one hundred and eighty seven on my board. I thought A Jomo was better his teammate at Texas. So Benton, to me is a far greater player at sixty four on my board to Coburn compared to the linebackers.
Speaker 3: But I think Henley's better than Williams. But I'd rather have the.
Speaker 9: Combination of the second with Benton and Williams and risk not having Henley because I don't love Coburn.
Speaker 3: Okay, what are you thinking here, Brian Man? I'll tell you what. I like what he said because I have Benten at fifty and but I Colburn, I think a little bit more than maybe you would have. I just love Henley so much too, that I might say Henley and Coleburn would be my guys just because And and I understand with Williams the two lane linebacker, I mean he he makes a ton, a ton of plays. But I think I would I think I would go, I go with the route with give me, give me Henley and the Texas defensive tackle.
Speaker 7: What do you think in Aisha, I'm struggling because I have Coburn in the fifth and I have Benton in the second. I think that Coburn gives you a little bit more in run defense than what Benton is gonna give you. He's more pass rushy guy. So, M I'm struggling. I kind of think I'm on the same.
Speaker 3: Where do you have Henley and Williams.
Speaker 7: I have Henley, I have Dayon Henley early second okay, and I have Drian Williams indeed third.
Speaker 3: Thirty third, Okay, that's kind of where I've got him to and so.
Speaker 7: And and to your point, I think I could deal. There's a little bit of upside with with Coburn enough that I can deal with him be into DT and then Dane Henley be in.
Speaker 2: Miob Man, This is a good question because I think the way the way that it lines up for me, Henley is ahead of Benton, but then you have Williams that's ahead of Coburn, and they're paired in different aspects. I guess from their from their general value. Bobby, what do you think, and you've seen Coburn play quite a bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah. For me, this just comes down to I think Henley is the best player of the four. Yeah, pretty easily.
Speaker 3: And I agree that's what That's what I was And.
Speaker 4: So to me, it's I want I want the better player. I mean I wouldn't obviously, it's it's just where I wouldn't be picking a defensive tackle in the third round, I don't think. But if it's Henley given these two scenarios, that much rather Henley because that's the better player and I think it helps his football team more right now, and I think he's going to be the best pro of the four. And so I would take Coburn and Henley. I wouldn't necessarily be jazzed about taking Coburn in.
Speaker 7: The Yeah, I'm not excited, and.
Speaker 3: Four way better. I thought it was second and third, So second and third for the Willams.
Speaker 4: Oh and then second and then second and fourth if it's Cobra and fourth. Thought we're talking about Cobranan the third.
Speaker 3: He's in the fourth.
Speaker 7: That's okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I would take the first one that I get a running back in the third.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got because I've got Benton at what I say, fifty and Dorian Williams at one twelve. So I mean, wow, you're that low on Williams. I mean, I guess I have him at eighty eight. That's not too much, No, I mean, and yeah, I mean to me and I I'm just because I like to measure with I measured with Dane and then measured with Daniel Jeremiah. Did Dane happened? And Dane had him at one o three, So he's closer to you guys for where he's at. I had I had Dorrian Williams at one twelve. Daniel Jeremiah in his top one fifty had him at one nineteen.
Speaker 4: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: So but he's man, he's he's got some of these that are kind of a little bit, a little bit, you know, a little bit stronger than what I would have. But that's okay. He does the work. We all do the work, you know. But it's a really really good question, though. I just love Henley so much too. I just love him.
Speaker 9: I get where you're going with the Henley love. He's fifty. He is the highest ranked player of those four. I just like the combination the other two better.
Speaker 4: I think if Henley were on this team next year, like he could lead the team in tackles, like I think he's good and he's ready to go.
Speaker 2: I think there's a chance whispering, of course into the microphone, that he is on the team next year.
Speaker 3: They like him across the board.
Speaker 8: That would be maybe a home run pick at fifty high. Love that well.
Speaker 3: I think that people have him, Excuse me, I should the thing. There's the thing about it is, I think he's one of those guys you'd probably have to take earlier than you'd want, you know, you'd have to take because I don't I just don't think he comes back around in the third at ninety. I just don't, you know. But that's me. Sorry about that.
Speaker 7: Football question About that though, particular about if he played for the Cowboys, how does that change what you do with jay Ron Curson those guys because he I mean, you you playing a lot of big Nickel because you need that cover short linebacker for the time. It is this dude can can do it. Yeah, so how does it?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm just asking how does he fit for Quinna disguise things?
Speaker 9: Sure, and you're probably taking Clark off the field if you're just playing two linebackers. Spot he takes Clark's spot, especially in coverage, is in like third down passing situations.
Speaker 7: And that's what I was asking, how does he fit to you?
Speaker 3: See the thing about I'm going to give Clark a pass because I think it's amazing. I think he even played it all last year completely and I think with Jabril Cox. You know, Jabrell Cox now to me is a little bit of Jayalen Tolbert. Let's get on the horse and ride, let's go. You know, we got to figure some things out here. And he was supposed to be a coverage guy too.
Speaker 8: When so maybe this was so high on Jabrill Cox. It's been winning.
Speaker 2: We were all there, we were all excited when he got picked. Yeah, that was that was a huge thing, all right, kind of along the Jaln Tolbert lines. Who could be the best wide receiver three for Dallas who compliments Ceedee Lamb and compliments Brandon Cooks the best, therefore helping Deck the most. And so I guess if there's gonna be a wide receiver three that takes the first and second rounds out of it, right, we can probably talk third round on in terms of.
Speaker 3: Your wide receiver prospects. Okay, if you have somebody in the sex like the guy that.
Speaker 4: I keep thinking would fit really well, here is Cedric Tillman.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't play sixty three.
Speaker 4: I agree with you need to take Tillman in the to be it's a three receiver league, and so I like, I mean, I don't think that that's I just think what Tillman does and the physicality, the way he attacks the ball in traffic. You know, he's big, he's strong. I just think that's something that they're missing, is the Brian referenced at all last year. They missed the my ball mentality at receiver pretty much all year, and Tilman doesn't struggle with that at all.
Speaker 7: You got somebody with their scout na because y'all gonna get upset with me.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 7: I love me some Cedric Tillman, but I would take I would take take down in the second, Okay, I would. I think he gives I think the route run is there. He can get open on his own. He has such a good feel for the WI receiver position. He can tell when a corner sitting on his hip. He can he can just he can do things that I think a lot of the other guys have to work to do. He can naturally do it. It's just the size that you guys talk about or whatever. It takes me be but he's so he's so shifty, and I understand that Cedric Tillman is more the wide receiver that you look for and has the size and everything. And I like his tape. I just there's some excitement and some explo some explosion attitude electricity with that player.
Speaker 4: Tank Dell made me question math in Indianapolis, Like when they when they show his four four nine forty time, like there's no way, yeah, but you watch it, Like even when you watch it's like that doesn't look like damn near forty.
Speaker 9: He's electric And if you tell many people, hey, you got a chance to get a Tyreek kill like impact player.
Speaker 8: That's him. To me, I'm I'm Marvin Mems all day, okay from Oklahoma.
Speaker 7: Visit yeah, reported visit.
Speaker 9: Right yeah, And you know Frisco lone star local kid. Because I think Mems, if you need him to play inside, he can do that. I do think he can win outside. And I think No, Cooks is not a guy that you've got him for two years, but I think Marvin Mims has the ideal ability to be a number two in the future, you know, four years from now, assuming you get Ceedee Lamb locked up. To compliment him, I love Marvin Mems and he's also a guy ball's his He goes up the way he can contort his body, makes really spectacular catches. You hit him in stride what you want to do in this West Coast offense, He'll go get your plays after the catch.
Speaker 8: I'm team Marvin Mems all the way.
Speaker 4: He reminds me of Randall Kopp.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 3: I kind of feel that, man. You guys have got some great names. In my third round, we're looking at Tillman Mems, Mingo Read from Michigan State and Rice from SMU.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Rashie Rice is interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so players sixty three, sixty six, seventy one, seventy eight, and ninety one Hyatt for you, Hyatt is the second round guy for me.
Speaker 7: Sounds good.
Speaker 3: I have for Shei Rice as a second round or too. I really like Forrashi, right, and I think he.
Speaker 9: Was twenty four really well there and that's a bigger body player, no doubt if the Cowboys wanted to go there?
Speaker 3: Hi Rice?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What about eighteen Perry from Wake Forest?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 3: I got him the fourth? Yeah?
Speaker 4: The fourth? Him in the fourth?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's player at number one hundred for me? And do you have him?
Speaker 4: I have him been the third, I have him in the third.
Speaker 3: Talk about him?
Speaker 7: I think I initially wrote down that the breakaway speed is real. Yeah, that's one of the things that you see. I think that's actually what sets him apart, is that he can separate really quickly. I think he understands how to how to be open and how to be available for his receipt, for his quarterback, and then also to I like the hands. I think they're pretty sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tall is he right? You got him right?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: You got him right? Tall player?
Speaker 8: Yeah, sixth three.
Speaker 3: He's awake or not a wake forest. He's a red zone demon.
Speaker 2: He had fifteen touchdowns in twenty one. He yeah, I just got him right eleven this year. Yeah, yeah, she's got him right, this guy. And I think he benefited from one of the better quarterbacks in the country. And they run a weird offense where it's like they they they hand, it's like this slow and then they pull and then now he's running routes down the field, and so you're like, once you get used to that.
Speaker 3: But he he There's a lot of these receivers that benefited from really good quarterback play, and I think that I think Perry was one of those guys. But you're right, six ' five boy, Yeah, there's people that had a lot of questions. I had somebody to reach out to me, like, you know, why do you like him so much? And then and then he can't run and then he ran that time at the combine four four nine. Yeah, and I'm thinking I think he plays faster than that. I didn't want to say anything, but I'm like, I think, yeah, yeah, so he would be a good that would be a good, a good talk about guy.
Speaker 6: For me.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 2: One of the guys that I was looking at was Tank Dell to and Bobby said he made him question math. You made me question math too, Bobby, So you're not alone. I don't look at a ton of the puction from these guys until after I watched their film.
Speaker 3: Led the FBS and receiving yards.
Speaker 2: He led the FBS in touchdowns against man coverage, against press coverage, and against in red zone touchdowns too. He also had the He had thirteen receiving touchdowns when open according to PFF. You talk about third most drop passes though, That's where I have the question on Tank Dell. He had the third most drop passes, but he was also targeted more than anybody too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 7: Everything they had that does the return ability to do something for.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah, he's rare.
Speaker 9: He's got taking TCU Turpin off the team. Okay, interesting, there's no need You've got Tank Dell as your returner and they're not playing them on offense.
Speaker 3: Would you spend a fifty eighth overall pick for him for Dellah, I would go.
Speaker 8: I would go in the third round on Dell.
Speaker 9: I think fifty eights old too rich for me with that but heck of a player.
Speaker 7: Yeah, round with him. I like him early third round.
Speaker 4: Also, the Commanders turned down the fiftie option on Chase Young. Wow that got hurt effect draft?
Speaker 7: Yes it could. Yes, Who did we have them drafting in this mock?
Speaker 4: I don't remember who it was they got picked there, I can get there.
Speaker 3: Somebody vamped for me.
Speaker 4: As an offensive lineman or somebody I don't remember was.
Speaker 3: Banks. That's right that Thanks for man.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Next time we're on the air, we're gonna be leading in the draft coverage six pm Central Time tomorrow on the Dallas Cowboys Radio Network one three, the Fan Odyssey app and Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 3: You can catch us anywhere all weekend long Pick to pick.
Speaker 2: We've got every single selection for you all the way up into Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 3: We've got the whole crew ready and rocking and ready to.
Speaker 2: Go for this weekend. Should be a whole lot of fun. We're looking forward to it. Great job, everybody, Thank you. The hey is of course in the barn. Now let's go play going all right? Yeah, we'll see you on the course, all right. For Chris Beam, for Bobby Belt, Brian brought us Zach Walchuk and Aisha Morrison. I'm Kyle Yoman saying so long, We'll see you for the twenty twenty three NFL Draft in the Draft Show.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.