Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainments. Sam's The Rick Burgess Show with Speedy Greg Burgess had Evan. I'm and Rick Burches.
Speaker 2: Here going to America. What's up Metacola.
Speaker 3: I see you.
Speaker 2: So rich in Georgia. I see that you're ready. Oh man, look at Maine as written. What are you doing? Listen to the Shoe and Maine. Glad you're here.
Speaker 4: Minceville, Alabama, Brookwood Hospital, oh Bro Alabama. All over Mississippi, Barlock County, Hersel.
Speaker 2: Farms is in the hat.
Speaker 5: The Flying Elvis is SILICAKA Chapter is ready.
Speaker 2: Calthoun's County. You better believe they're ready.
Speaker 5: Five Star Company Indicator Alabama is ready. Hey, go by and pick up that stuff in the storage belt for me, will you? The Big O is ready ready. Yellow Creek, Tuscalooso.
Speaker 4: The Cole haulers in Parish, Alabama are working, rubbing.
Speaker 2: Shouts to the radio. I'm ready for.
Speaker 5: Go. Larry and Tigger. They're in Titus, Alabama. Arrians Laara, Mississippi.
Speaker 2: There ins well, that's funny.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 5: Also, thank you like oh we see you Ozark all you my goodness, there's a there's Florence, Alabama. The hawk Man's there. The Wida Kers gregor Ready. So so everybody's pouring in on the Text Nation. Gods, is that not like what I love about we start doing that with the text Nation. It really truly is like running onto the field. It is, you know that they become the marching band, they become the crowd. They're screaming because I'll just high fives all the way out. I just have to be real with you when you do what we do in the live setting. Okay, I'm talking strictly live setting. When we do it, it can feel lonely. It can't, yes, and.
Speaker 2: It's good to know you're not alone. It is ukoutk out right side, ye yeah, thank you. See, it's just.
Speaker 5: It's a lonely addler can't even put a sentence together about it.
Speaker 2: It's dark out right side.
Speaker 5: It's a lonely road this time of day, don't y'all. Sometimes, especially when you're driving and think, well, nobody catching this right now? What do we do it? If you talking about I drive from miles and don't see another car and then you see and then you see it. Then you see text Nation and you're like wow. So there's a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people in the world. There starts at five am. A lot of people with us.
Speaker 5: You know, back back when the pretty important that's six am on East Coast, back when everybody would go to the mall.
Speaker 6: Uh, and it was a big deal on Black Friday, when you remember they would open it easy and look they didn't open up the day before and all the now it's like Black Friday's Black Friday, but all the sales going on. I would always be coming in to do the best of on that day. And I would the road I travel, I go right past the mall and I would see the parking lot was hell and people were lined.
Speaker 2: In and I and I would I'd be driving going, well they need me today, I know.
Speaker 6: But it would fire you up because it's like I see other people out because normally this time of day you just don't.
Speaker 5: Well, we're doing it live and we come in. It's it's early early in the trash truck. Yeah, I didn't realize we were starting to grab a little ground there in the state of Maine. Yeah, well look I'm ready. Hey, you never know, there's people. It's a state in this country, you know, it's not a very big one. I think we could get everybody there. Yes, put some yard signs. Sure, we're going to double the Rick Burgess show yard sign just like that is a good idea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like when I put what college your bound does is we're gonna have to promote our show.
Speaker 2: We just do that, right, Well, we'll get better.
Speaker 5: We're gonna take a trip to Dublin, Georgia, and then we can just keep going up to Maine. See what's happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, get some lobsters.
Speaker 5: Which way is Dublin, right, it's south south Atlanta.
Speaker 2: South Georgia. That's to the right of Alve Mounts.
Speaker 5: We got that part, and we'll get on the southern. We'll get Adler. We'll get on my way to Black Chair. If you sure did, We'll get Addler. A yard sign and it can say Rick Burgess Show fans at play. Yes, yes, I like it.
Speaker 2: I've moved my lawn. I took a picture of it. And it doesn't say slow children at play. That's what you say. It says children playing slow down? Okay, which is better?
Speaker 5: What did you do customize yours or something?
Speaker 2: I think know the words gotten out that they changed the sign. That's probably why.
Speaker 7: Yes, I think that's why I see where doublin property values because people didn't want to have their families near the street sign that says it, Oh, what's that?
Speaker 2: What's that speed?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I was looking to see it's it's if you're coming from Atlanta, you go through Making and you're headed towards Savannah, and there you are in Dublin about halfway by the way the walls on down there Gray, there's an airport close.
Speaker 2: There's an airport close by. That's something.
Speaker 5: It also violates to me, violates to me. You know when I have to make decisions. Yeah, you know when am I going to drive this? I'm just gonna tell you the distance to Dublin. Yeah, it's beyond my I'm three. I cut it off at three three and a half. Yeah, I will not drive further. That's gonna get your know.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 5: Hey, it goes further than that. I'm going to the plane.
Speaker 2: An eight hour guy, eight hours, max, I do not. You're in a sweet van though, Yeah, you're driving a house.
Speaker 7: There's rumbling, there's rumbling and bumbling of and rumors that the trip to Dublin, George is going to feature a van. What that's Remember we got to talk and Larry even asked for it in the comments van I want to meet you.
Speaker 2: You should wish you would come.
Speaker 7: Projects and Speedy and Greg and I we're talking and we're like, I'm not going to really for the show. It would be road the three of us in the sweep a van and we go to see Larry and his patch collection. Which is that for anybody that does know, that's what we're going to check out. A random caller and listener of the show that has a patch collection may be the.
Speaker 2: Only person alive.
Speaker 6: And don't forget too that there's a listener listeners of the show that they've invited to. I think I got an email from somebody that's traveling from Texas to go to Dublin and spend the night and see the collection.
Speaker 5: They were coming through time.
Speaker 2: I think I saw in the night with them, Yeah, said Larry.
Speaker 5: Listener Larry some cigars, right, all right, so let's go back. I've noticed that Larry and I can't get this. Rise it Carolyn or Caroline. Carolyn. You know these Carolyn Caroline people lay Yeah, like it throws me because Bennie Rose's wife is Caroline. And then you got Carolyn, you got Caroline anyway, So she's any Rose's wife, right, But I'm talking I deal with to But you what I'm talking about, you have to call and which one?
Speaker 2: Which one? Am I yet?
Speaker 5: But the no, Bennie he's now he let us meeting meeting run along yesterday and didn't prioritize Bible study. But all right, so so the you know, Greg Dondee.
Speaker 2: Was not here. Greg, he's recovery. He's on him.
Speaker 5: I told him, I told him something that when I said it, I knew it probably wasn't right, but I said it. I told him that Gray was praying for him. And I thought, why did I say?
Speaker 2: Why would I not? Well, that's what I would ask you. Yeah, have you?
Speaker 5: I mean, I like benut have you I am? I praying for Donnadan for the peanut. That's that's a tough question. But anyway, do you remember you remember Carolyn and Larry. We need to pick up on this, like what I called the butterbean incident down at camp House where I casually discussed with those ladies. I'll let you know if we're coming and if we and if we're coming, then that you'll know. And I thought, well, since I didn't tell you we're coming. That never got solidified, and in their mind the day it was mentioned, it was solidified. And I've realized Larry and Carolyn are in that camp. If you mentioned something that you're considering, they put it down, it's done and on the calendar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it? Well? I mean I didn't hear us commit today?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you're coming this week?
Speaker 2: You know, they kind of jumped to the conclusion you.
Speaker 5: And I probably need to go to Rainbow Omega before that.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're doing that. Yeah, we are.
Speaker 5: We're doing checking an event for them in August again, and we need to go by it. Does it no offense? And I know that's likely they're they're listening, and here I go. Does it concern y'all at all that we truly don't know these people?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: You know, I feel okay, all right.
Speaker 6: I had to remind myself of that when I was telling Terry I might be gone, uh to Dublin. I feel like I do know them better than I probably really do.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 5: You know, it's impossible for you know them real well since you've never met that it would make a good movie if you were writing a storyline about enjoyful jo people when we come to visit and.
Speaker 2: Hold on, guys, don't go. Don't do this saying it is, don't do the sound.
Speaker 5: And by the way, y'all pay no attention. You're gonna see over here on my desk, and now I kind of bring it in here. Yeah, you might see a random blank piece of paper and you might send me johtting some names down. Okay, do not think those are people that I'm considering. You're replacing you off something bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all. Well, you know you kind of have to plan it. Now.
Speaker 5: Larry's gonna think we said he's a serial killer.
Speaker 2: No, but y'all got him in it. That'd be a good storyline.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, right now, right now.
Speaker 2: If it goes south, I've got on my list J T. Ryan Greenwood and Hobe.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, there we go.
Speaker 2: His signature on all the desks and he leaves a hatch on their forehead.
Speaker 1: Killer. This is the Rick Burgess show doing what he was to do the brick.
Speaker 2: But it's so all right, America. Thank you for all the feedback we're getting.
Speaker 5: By the way, yard sign idea going over well, I'll be in touch with the merch folks. Speaking of that new swag available now at rick burgesshow dot com click shop Burgess Ball Battle shirt. There also men Don't Run in the Rain the shirts you know the book. It's out and rolling and really really rolling, and man, that's just so so encouraging. But if you want to also start the movement, men everywhere walking around with it emblazing across the T shirt men Don't Run.
Speaker 2: In the Ring.
Speaker 5: We're getting so many stories about that. So that new shirt is now available at rick burgesshow dot com. Are you needing to sell a house fast? Anyone hands up? Need to sell a house fast? You know, Let's say, for instance, you know you you inherited a house from maybe a family member that went on end. Maybe I hate to bring this up because it's such a horrible thing divorce. Okay, maybe maybe there's some kind of hey, we gotta do something about this house. Maybe you inherited some property, or maybe you bought some property and there's some old house on it that needs to be moved. Sell my house fast, or they're the people to do it now, no real estate commissions here, Okay. If the house needs to be cleaned up, whatever fixed prepared. They'll do all that stuff needs to be moved out of it that they'll do that. So why don't you if you this is basically I'm in a buying on a house. Hey, my company just moved me. I just got the call that I've got I'm now going to be operating out of Dallas Fort Worth. I don't know why I grab that, but that just some reason seems to happen a lot. Okay, and you need you need to move the house. That this is all the scenarios that they're really good at. So call one eight hundred seventy three four zero five zero four. One eight hundred seven three four is zero five zero four. Google has five star reviews like crazy on These people also sell my house House Fast has been added for twenty five years and their link is Erick Burgess Show dot com. Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors Speedy. You actually speaking of you know, knowing what's going on out there while you're doing the show. You know, the podcast world is different, Like when I looked up on the text Nation and they shouted out podcast worlds here fourteen hours behind, but we're here. Yeah, you know, they live a different world. You never know when they're there. You know they're there, you just don't know when. So you were thrust out in the middle of what is in the biz called morning Drive morning and one of the busiest parts of town doing parking lot passwords, speedy by me. Lunch yesterday went well great, lot sounded you know, it was entertaining, and you were listening to the show. What was it like listening to the show? Well it was it was kind of cool. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. And I'm like, have lot the energy.
Speaker 6: And I started, you know, I was I was busy listening to the show and trying to play traffic like twenty and that didn't work out.
Speaker 2: Well, well they didn't.
Speaker 5: I have to turn the radio down at.
Speaker 2: Times for that.
Speaker 6: But man, bumper to bumper traffic and stuff. But I you know, and some look, this isn't just me, but when some of us leave the studio, it's time to pile on that person.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: It just as fun, sure, you know, and so I get that. Matter of fact, I even laughed at one of them. But I heard you make a comment and I'm like, well, now, why would he say that you And I quote said, now that Speedy's gone, we can talk about music.
Speaker 2: Well, well, you hate music, and I'm like, I love music. Actually, now I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know the ins and outs in the history of some of the groups and the songs kind of which, which, by the way, I've never alluded to the fact that, like, I don't like the discussion or I hate when y'all talk about it. Matter of fact, I have questions and I'm all in on the discussion. But you love club and normally I just said.
Speaker 2: You have your genres that you know a lot about me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well not yeah, kind of just a little bit. We're talking about music.
Speaker 2: I thought the music genres just know something about music.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know how baseball got brought up. Something that you know that you know a lot about, not all you say all you know something like things that you know.
Speaker 2: He said that you didn't know about genuine, and Speedy did know about genuine.
Speaker 5: We knows, Like I think that actually makes my point.
Speaker 2: No, it's just a different genre.
Speaker 6: Like River was in the truck yesterday, my truck, my grandson and we jumped around and listened to all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 5: I listened to every So you were trying to make up for that statement that Rick made.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's just me.
Speaker 6: That's who I am, what I do. So I thought, well, so that's now that Speedy's gone, we can talk about music.
Speaker 5: Well, what I meant the three of us, like, y'all are like what I meant and what I meant by that, And I think you guys know what I mean by that. That doesn't looking at your two bros that that that doesn't mean you don't like music. That's not what I meant. What I meant was, I mean, we all kind of have a background that's a little deeper, and we can get into the final points of music. We've all been in bands, We've all we you know, we're more students of music. You're just kind of a little more. I enjoy music, That's all I'm saying, Mississippi. You're more of a Jerry Clower guy.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, I will tell you this. I have learned more about music. I never I don't know if y'all were this way apparently not. Is that a lot of times I would just listen to music because I loved, you know, the beat or the way it sounded. I never really paid attention to the lyrics and and there was a really a lot of really nasty rock songs that I would sing out in the eighties.
Speaker 2: I had no idea what. I didn't know the meaning behind them.
Speaker 6: I had no idea that I was you know what I was singing, And I could sing a couple of lyrics and it would be awful.
Speaker 5: What I would say, you sing bad companies, feel like making love? Yeah, yeah, yeah, right. I remember singing that I had no idea what. I had, no idea what I was seeing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 6: I had no idea until y'all came along and you started to giving me the lyrics and the breakdown behind the songs.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, oh, wow, that's what they're saying. When you're twelve and you walk into the kitchen and going feel like making Yeah, your your mama will look up. We'll looked up from the fried chicken.
Speaker 6: What somedayson We gave rock song rock songs a pass on filthy meanings. But if if something in the urban world said it was it was a nasty song.
Speaker 5: Well, and if you went over into India, people always think the genre that they listened to get to pass always Yeah, can't your music people can be the worst.
Speaker 2: At right and put your right hand out. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that one.
Speaker 6: That one kind of hurt as I was turned and right into the parking. Let me tell you, wow, Let me tell you what I meant by I think given with me here, I can listen. Let me tell you what I meant by that, I can listen to it portrayed you as anti music, No.
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 5: What I mean is that makes me feel better because sometimes I think we need to hurry through some of the things we're talking about because I'm thinking, well, Speeding's not interested in this.
Speaker 2: Have I ever given that told me? I mean he does like sexual healing by market.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying is like when you talk about see I enjoy baseball, but you know, the final points, when you start getting into all the things, then I'll drift a little bit. I just kind of want to talk about the basic things of the game, but you know the deep things of the game. That's kind of way we are about music versus I said what you're saying. Yeah, yeah, maybe brothers got draft.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: Okay, Blaze TV just dropped an explosive investigation. You got to see I mean, this is this is a mussy uh, this is the George Floyd Wright. Remember this, when Minneapolis turned upside down for the first time ever, Three active duty Minneapolis police officers are speaking out on camera. Now they are remaining anonymous because they're still in uniform. I mean they're still serving, but now they're serving in a city that, because of the way this was handled, the city had basically turned on law enforcement. Hey, thanks Tim Walls. These guys were on the front line. Okay, and when the third Precinct was abandoned and burned. And remember they want to tell you too, things about Derek Shavin that might change your.
Speaker 2: View of this.
Speaker 5: Their say, he was railroaded, they said, Tim Wallas completely filled them. And they're risking their lives every day in this city. So the first ten minutes are actually free. You don't have to be a Blaze TV subscriber. So if you want to go let me check on this. If I want to watch it, go to YouTube and you just search Blaze TV Minneapolis. Now, if you want the full unfiltered investigation, then you need to be a Blaze TV subscriber, So head on over to BlazeTV dot com. Slash Rick and get twenty dollars off your subscription. Sign up, support unrelenting journalism and see what the media won't show you.
Speaker 1: It's like eating lunch at the cool, quick, quirky show.
Speaker 5: You whatever, America, thank you very much for being with us, unpacking a lot.
Speaker 2: So let me update you on some things that are going on that you can go out and enjoy.
Speaker 5: Okay, So, first of all, Adler continues to post some of the interviews we did back in early May.
Speaker 2: When we were on location, had the opportunity to interview.
Speaker 5: A lot of the celebs and the music in sports world, and the latest one is out now. Me talking to Kirby Smart, do apologize that I upset Ohio State fans by suggesting that they had an easier path to the playoff. That's upset a lot of Ohio State fans.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't.
Speaker 5: I gave them props and said though that they beat the teams that were in front of and they beat good teams. They made some of the so called good teams look like bad teams. They they can't help that, and Kirby and I drafted on that. Yeah, so I'm sorry, biging Ohio State coach. Days in the news today. We got to break that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do well.
Speaker 5: The Buckeye fans they're very sensitive, very sensitive. Well, Rick, they're no need to be sensitive. You won the national championship and the first year of the playoff, y'all mowed everybody in the playoffs. A lot of pride there, really good. But they I mean, I didn't mean to say that. I was just saying that we need to fix some of the way we do the playoff. That's all I was saying. They're throwing I'm trying again, kind of like when I'm watching it last year. You know, they're trying to do a lot of changes and a lot of stuff they're talking about. It's just bizarre to me. I can't Yeah, it's getting a lot of stoneless. Don't overanalyze everything you said, just a couple of quick adjustments.
Speaker 2: I thought we already did that.
Speaker 5: So anyway, that interview is out Yesterday's Wednesday Bible Study archive also out on the YouTube channel and the podcast channel.
Speaker 6: I I know that I'm I'm sitting here right now, Rick, So you probably don't want to talk about it, but it has to do with music. You're going to talk about Ohio State well we can. But actually I was going to actually bring up Rick Ashley. Uh, never going to give you up? Yeah, the song it has reached the one billion, one billion Spotify stream downloads.
Speaker 2: And you believe that's one billion? Just a thing. It ain't a joke. It's a joke.
Speaker 5: Let me say, that's what's wrong with the world right there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: When when when Rick Ashley song is that popular? That explains a lot of the world.
Speaker 2: In nineteen eighty seven, the year ungraduated high school?
Speaker 6: Never going to give you up when it came out? Yep, Yes, it has written one billion streams on.
Speaker 2: Spot So what I'm good with it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll tell you your taste of music lately scared.
Speaker 2: It's all over the place, Greg, terrible songs.
Speaker 9: I like this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's your favorite. Oh my good.
Speaker 5: You were so disappointed when Selena got killed by the way, I was, oh speedy, How good does that make you feel? Somebody who won twenty bucks from you yesterday shows you the lunch They oh that's great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, heck yeah, let me throw this out san Antonio. Greg Selina's death rocked San Antonio, or.
Speaker 2: You don't even care.
Speaker 5: I've seen the movie.
Speaker 7: Hey, honestly that that that Rick Rick Astley song is better than you remember terrible. The production on is better than you terror baselines, better than your mind.
Speaker 10: You know what.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm never gonna say again. You know what you want? Speedy?
Speaker 5: Good news for you based on that, Based on that statement right there. Yeah, let me tell you you'll never hear again on this ship when you're out on location. Now the speedy is gonna we can talk music.
Speaker 2: See, I'm right here. I'm just curious.
Speaker 7: I know about about some stuff that you don't know about, but you know about a lot of stuff that I don't know about.
Speaker 5: It there's what's going to make you work for to the next day, you, miss Adler. And then I can say to these guys, now we can talk about music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've all heard a honeysuckle blue, Okay, now that I ever said that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, have you ever heard of driving a crime?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Acted like you hadn't, just because I don't know all the band members names and driving and crying speedy, I don't think you do either. Getting thrown into the non music category recklessly as is speedy.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Were you escorted out of the driving and crying concert because you were screaming at the stage.
Speaker 2: That's not the lyric? Did you That happened to me? By the way, that's not normal. Who would sing a song right?
Speaker 5: Just enjoy the show? Any thing I was streaming at a lot that came out in the nineties. I mean that came out at in the time when I was actually cared about stuff. If you ever listened to the song, I'll explain that a little bit. I have you ever listened to the song who Are You?
Speaker 2: By the who?
Speaker 5: Do you remember the lyric? All I remember was throwing punches around and preaching from my chair. Yes, yes, there you go.
Speaker 6: Okay, so uh, I'm gonna go even deeper here. The on YouTube, it says it has over one point six billion.
Speaker 2: Views on YouTube.
Speaker 5: It was that it became like a meme again.
Speaker 6: But he's fifty he's fifty nine and took to his Instagram to post a video thanking everybody.
Speaker 5: I hope he has owns his own publishing, and I think he looks great at fifty nine.
Speaker 2: Fifty nine.
Speaker 5: Now, it's just what I'm saying it here. Okay, now we're his age. I haven't heard a lot from him since then right now, and like you say, it has become this thing.
Speaker 2: Adam.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say this to you, and this is important to rival. This is me, This is me loving you. You are listen here, here, my heart. You are in the in the music world, your look and your abilities. You are too cool to say what you're saying about Rick Ashley right now. It's killing me. Okay, you're too cool for what that feel that way.
Speaker 7: About you sometimes, Rick, sometimes you're dancing makes me say, Rick, you're too cool to dance like that.
Speaker 2: It's okay, though, I still love you.
Speaker 5: Should I continue to do it? Or would you rather I didn't?
Speaker 2: I think because you spe you dance, Rick, hope you dance.
Speaker 6: I think if we started playing never going to give you up? I think that Rick would probably start doing.
Speaker 2: I might do that. And then the strings come in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't believe it was somewhere. This is somewhere, Adler. The metal community weeps.
Speaker 2: Look, oh yeah, no, we're open mind. We're an open minded first.
Speaker 5: I've never noticed that with the metal butch.
Speaker 7: You're not critical bunch at all. And you won't eat our own nor everyone else.
Speaker 5: You will and you won't cross your arms and stand in the back of the room with the band's playing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, here's what's.
Speaker 5: Got you going crazy?
Speaker 2: Uh? Greg?
Speaker 6: With as far as the Time goes. It was released in nineteen eighty seven, but in the in the two thousands, early two thousands, it became popular again. It's like this new sound popularity. It's called Rick rolling. Mean, I think that is what kind of got it going again. Yeah yeah, but I think that's got you thrown off on the.
Speaker 5: Half because I just never imagined the eighties. I mean, I remember the music from eighty seven and I just didn't have him in that cantable. Is this where Greg, he's not moved off? This is he still at eighty seven and talk mad about it being that's wrong. I thought you would move off quicker as wrong.
Speaker 6: I think we give Adler a pass here on. I'm not on this because what is it? Guilty pleasure when it comes to songs? Yeah you know, yeah yeah, it's almost like you don't want to admit it, Like, you know, I like Thompson Twins, I hate say listen. I have a lot of those, clear listen, I admit this.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of those.
Speaker 5: But Rick Ashley is not one of them. What if your friend's guilty pleasure was meth? Would you just turn the blind eye to music?
Speaker 2: Said music? You're extreme things, you're mad for you? How did you get this?
Speaker 5: Yesterday was a long day for you. Okay, I didn't get as much as I hope for it. Listen, listen, and I had high hopes to listen. There's songs from eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Shakedown, Bob Seeker and Jamming Me Tom Petty.
Speaker 5: Those are guys like Shakedown. Okay, love Bob Singer, but he let us down on that to mask your question? Can we like songs that you don't like?
Speaker 2: You may not want to dance with somebody waiting Houston, that's another guilty pleasure.
Speaker 11: I'll call it.
Speaker 5: I'll back to the dancing again.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm that one.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 2: I'm very embarrassed. You cannot.
Speaker 5: I don't like people talk about bad music around.
Speaker 2: Still the Night, White Snakes, Still in the Night.
Speaker 5: Can we bring speed Wagon?
Speaker 2: That is that.
Speaker 5: There? Be careful what you like though? That Hey Still the Night? And I think I've told to add her this before, and I usually wait to speed wouldn't here, but I think I will. But the uh little pet shop boys so that is one of your favorites. So if you addler, you remember because it's like old football stories. You know, everybody tells old band stories too. When Greg and I were in course, you know the band that almost made it Silent Rain and uh and so we actually won our for our region, the Segaum's Talent Search, and and we even though even though we even though we had some good original songs, we did have a judge tell us one time when y'all covered Still the Night by White Snake and nailed it. Y'all got my vote. Yeah, that's not that's not an easy song.
Speaker 2: It's a great song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's no way I could say it now, No way if I saw if I sung it right now, I'd have to tell I wouldn't be able to speak for a week. They were coming down, was one of them? Top level Yeah rocks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, still haven't found I'm looking for YouTube. Also nineteen eighty seven, you like the Cure. I'm not going to tell anybody, but I went through a cure.
Speaker 2: Face. I'm not gonna tell anybody that that falls into that. George Straight, Hey, can you it was cool to like the Cure for a while?
Speaker 5: Can you tell me how you feel, and this is here we go.
Speaker 2: You too? You two is great.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at rich always to sellouts.
Speaker 2: But their their music back then was good. Their catalog is strong.
Speaker 5: They have some good music, but they got some bad music. You too, Yeah, you too and I have a very strange relationship. That's what I thought.
Speaker 12: I thought.
Speaker 2: I remember this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's days that I had a little running there where I thought that I was in on YouTube. Now, Scott the rock Garowsky do not speak ill of you two in his presence.
Speaker 2: That's odd.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh well, he'll club you. He also likes Oingo Boingo. Remember that he admitted it.
Speaker 2: He can't even say anything ever again.
Speaker 5: Now you're talking about dead Man's Party. Yeah, that's that's a nice Snyder. Maybe be one of the worst defenses I've ever heard from a person as far as making a bad music decision.
Speaker 7: Joshua Tree Joshua Tree one of the one of the great rock albums of all time.
Speaker 2: But outside of that, I'm not a big YouTube fan. I'm not either. I mean, I saw some of it, Are you serious? I was there? Really, I was there. They had the car lights coming.
Speaker 5: Right listen, they'll put on the stadium, they'll put on the stadium show. They were the first ones that figured out how to play stadiums in the round.
Speaker 2: Yeah I got I got a fact about you too. And they were the first ones to do the sphere I believe as well. Right, yes they were. How about this.
Speaker 5: I was once in a cover band, I'll admit it. And we were we were, we were, and all we did was you two. Now the band was called me too.
Speaker 2: Are you serious.
Speaker 5: To win? So with dount you to never let Elmer Fudd get in your head. Listen to that song without you.
Speaker 2: If you never let it get in there, that's all you're gonna hear.
Speaker 5: See we just had a music segment. I mean that was great speed he well done, buddy. See we can do this. Why I didn't know if we couldn't.
Speaker 2: I never did. I never felt uncomfortable. I got to purge the room by playing rat coming back.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: Okay, Harvest host if you love to get in that r V and hey, baby, we going on a family trip.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 5: Actually, I was talking with a friend just the other night at a dinner and he was talking about he remembers when his dad. The guy got a got an r V and he said, we went all the way from my Ami to the West coast. He said, you talk about seeing America on the road, there's something special about it, but there's a lot of things that can be a hassle. So harvests Host is saying, look, if you're planning a road trip, you know hotels are expensive. You know camping you know is sometimes not the best, and you want some high comfort, low cost alternatives. Whether you need harvests host to take your road trip and turn it into something that will be pleasant and may be RESTful as opposed to a nightmare and a hassle. So harvests Host, if you hon a rent an RV, go ahead and get your harvest Host membership. You'll get unlimited, no fee overnight RV stays at ninety five hundred locations across the country and Canada. It's only seventy nine dollars a year, and you book your favorite destinations and enjoy unique RV stays all year long. Hey, you tired of being bored out of your mine parked at some rest sterium. Harvest Host says, no, no, no, Let's get you overnight at some amazing locations. Let's maybe take you to a museum park there a beautiful farm, you like, golf at a golf course, even a drive in theater, maybe an orchard of some kind, you know. And so there's all kinds of opportunities and new destinations and you get to support unique businesses across the country along the way.
Speaker 2: People are raving about this.
Speaker 5: It says every time that we book through Harvest Hosts, the host are helpful, they're welcoming. I had electric hookups for an RV and even they let us stay a few extra nights. Usually the host will confirm with you within five minutes, and they have fifty thousand five star reviews. That's a lot of RV folks saying this changed our world. Let it change yours. Head to harvesthost dot com. Use our code Rick B for twenty percent off Harvest host membership. Once again, that's harvesthost dot com for twenty percent off, and make sure use my promo code Rick B so they know that I sent you.
Speaker 1: In order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor, So like up Francis and enjoy the Rick British.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back. Thanks for being with us. I know you don't really care.
Speaker 5: So as we work our way back more to talk about on the show today after this. You know the song We're good, of course good.
Speaker 6: An old friend of mine, Bubbo Cole Okay, and he had a jeep and he would take the top off and sometimes he'd pick me up for school and we'd play this and you could hear us coming two blocks away.
Speaker 5: I saw Rat at Oak Mountain Amphitheater with great white and kicks, remember them?
Speaker 2: You remember that?
Speaker 5: Hey, you ain't get no better than that. That's that's the lineup.
Speaker 2: I remember. I was getting a ride to school one time.
Speaker 7: I was like a freshman and my buddy's mom is driving and she was the most straight laced lady ever glasses. She was sitting knit when we would come over. She's driving us to school in her van, turns on the classic rock station in town. Rat comes on and she sings every single d I was like, Wow, I didn't know your mom, Like Rats, the Librarian.
Speaker 5: Those of us that were in the hair metal those of us that were in the hair metal era, we just kind of grew up, got into live, start having kids, putting on glasses, like that and knitting. But if you play it, if you ever crank it, it's still in it. We come back, We come roaring back. Yeah, a big, big, Well. When I say big, this thing with with former President Biden, I just feel like I'm looking around going we on what we all knew this? I mean, they're acting like this is some big discovery. Now, well you know what, we think the president might have had a cognitive decline. We were all saying that, have you ever been like you remember we used to talk about that great commercial where the guy's giving the idea and the boss is sitting at the table and he acts like he doesn't really like the idea, and then he gives the same idea and everybody goes crazy. Yeah, and he's like, that's what I said. I the guy said, Now I did my arm like that, right. I used to think that was a great, hilarious commercial. Yeah, I feel that way right now.
Speaker 2: It's right.
Speaker 5: We were all saying this. I mean, now everybody on the left is like coming out and acting like they've been appalled about the very thing they were doing. It just seems strange, very strange. Kareem Jean Pierre, like DAP dap dapper. A lot of you have been sending us this story.
Speaker 2: We do have it.
Speaker 5: Apparently she's claiming she's switching a Philly from the Democratic Party to Independent and it's going to release a new book about broken Biden White House. How can you you've stood there and had to sell this product.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 5: How can you do just like to have and then now you're going to come out and unveil everything and just you know, admit that you were just true true.
Speaker 2: Conviction would have been. I can in on it.
Speaker 5: I can no longer come out here and do this while I'm still the Press secretary.
Speaker 2: I'm coming clean and I'm leaving.
Speaker 5: I can't continue to part of it, not not I made it through it, We got through it, We did the whole thing. Now I'm out away from all that. Now I'm going to tell you the truth, as opposed to tell you the truth when I actually had the platform to tell you the truth.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 5: Now I'm going to go over here and tell you the truth now when when really it doesn't do anything, and you're supposed to supposed to look at you like like you have any crediblity.
Speaker 6: What she'll do what she always did she'll play the victim and claims she was just doing her job, But behind behind the scenes, she was it was termoil and she was trying to make the best of it and do her job. And you know, I'm a patriot and I was just trying to make it happen. And we did this, and that's what she's gonna do. And she's lest she left the party so she can write this book and not feel obligated to We.
Speaker 5: Got a pretty good advance on the book. Oh yeah, you know, and good for her. But but but you know, sure you get a good deal. You're out on your own. Now do whatever you want. You're gonna be independent. Now, good for you. The thing that's weird for me, it's like I feel like that I'm in in a Twilight Zone episode and it's like we all we all, we all saw this. They're acting like that it's some kind of discovery. We all knew this. How did you know, Rick, that the president was on cognitive decline? I was watching, I was listening, and see, I've seen it.
Speaker 2: I can see it.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, he just yeah, And uh so, now they're all going to tell us what we already have known, Like they discovered it.
Speaker 2: You didn't. We all knew this.
Speaker 5: You told us that we It goes back to like we all said so many things from the pandemic. It's that same feeling again. We all were saying this, and we were told that we couldn't say it, and that we were mean for saying it, and that we didn't care about people. And and now everybody is coming out going, well, I'll tell you what, And I'm like, no, that's what we said.
Speaker 6: No, you weren't allowed to say it. Then we can say it now because now I'm saying, she's she was clearly behind behind it all. And matter of fact, Peter Doocy with Fox News, they even did an investigation on all the auto pens and and and and all the signatures and I'm talking about all of them and they were all the exact same signature except for the last one, which it was different. And and and then Biden wants to come out last night and make a statement that you know, I signed all this and I did that, which means.
Speaker 2: That you didn't.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: It's just I guess they just think we're walking around stupid. That's well, that's another stop say that.
Speaker 2: Mom would get mad at me if I was you.
Speaker 7: Do you want to hear Karina announce her book? Yes, yes, Independent is the name of the book.
Speaker 2: Well, good for her.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Hi, I'm Karine Jean Pierre and I am the author of a new book that's coming out this fall called Independent. It's coming out on October twenty first, so please please do grab it. And the reason I wrote this book coming out of the White House. You know, serving as White House pre Secretary was an honor and a privilege. But since I have left, the people that come up to me, strangers that come up to me just across the country as I'm traveling, and sometimes right in my neighborhood at a grocery store, supermarket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know my daughter's school.
Speaker 1: The number one.
Speaker 10: Question they asked me is, kareem, how do we get out of this? How do we protect our democracy? How do we protect vulnerable communities among us?
Speaker 1: What do we do next?
Speaker 2: Okay, you're the problem, you by the bunch.
Speaker 7: But she has announced that she's leaving the Democratic Democrat Party to be an independent, hence the name of the book Independent.
Speaker 5: Yes, said, I determined that the danger we face as a country requires freeing ourselves else of boxes, this is all that psycho bibble garbage the left uses. And we need to be willing to exercise the ability to think creatively and plan strategically. And you know, I always want to press the left when they say these kinds of statements. Right, to be specific, what are you talking about? Well, you know boxes? Yeah, be specific? Yeah, but we need to be creatively strategy strategic. Right, what does that look like?
Speaker 2: What is the plan? Well, to be creatively strategic? What does that mean? To be strategic creatively and and and do the work. We're going to do the work. Okay, what do you what?
Speaker 5: They love space, you know, and I'm in my space and now I want and I'm going to come into your space and.
Speaker 2: And give space and give space to give we all have space to be going to space. You know. It just it's just she has.
Speaker 5: Another book come out of the Art of Polishing Incurred Greg. I'll say what she went through the whole time she was You ain't saying that more more of a provocative title.
Speaker 2: I'll give you that.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll be back and we're all gonna come back and you know, just your space and entering into my space and creatively strategically we'll do.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the Ricks Birch Show, broadcasting from the real world, Wick, Speedy.
Speaker 2: Greg Andlering.
Speaker 5: Rick Burgess book up from there, a guts time pull the show.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, Gang, Here's ready for more.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the Big Burgess Show, podcasting from the real world.
Speaker 6: Let me go America, Beedy, Bread Andler and Rick Burgess bo up from there, guts.
Speaker 3: Time, pull the show.
Speaker 5: As you heard, the games all here and you can't too. Texting us at eight eight eight six Big Box. Emailing us you can go to Rick burgesshow dot com to the Rick Burgess Show see how to email everybody. You can also call us same number eight eight eight six Big Box. All right, So brand new hour is rolling now and Speedy mentioned it last hour. Ohio State coach Ryan Day, here's the headline. Here it comes looks weird. Big Ten should have four college football playoff bids. The Big Ten, which has produced the last two national champions Ohio State in twenty four Michigan in twenty twenty three, has a case for being the best conference in college football, and the head coach of the defending champion Buckeyes Ryan Day feels they should be reflected in the college football playoff. We're in the Big Ten, we have eighteen teams, some of the best programs in the country. I feel out we deserve at least four automatic qualifiers because of our quality of teams. A lot of this talk different conferences want all these so alloted spots. I thought we just went by who was I mean, it didn't matter, try to get the best teams we did. You know, it's you know they went to eighteen when Oregon, U, c, L, a USC and Washington joined. You know, I don't understand why. I'm with you, guys. It seems like an unnecessary statement. Couldn't you end up with four in there any way? Guaranteed, so guaranteed no matter what now, And it's not just them. I don't saying this, the other conferences are.
Speaker 2: I also say it.
Speaker 5: I don't think any conference should make that claim. I think we need to put the best sixteen teams in there, and if it ends up you got four out of your conference that are the best eighteen, fine, I mean sixteen. Was it sixteen or twelve? I'm sorry what they're trying to add sixteen? But right now we're still at twelve, and just give us the twelve best teams. I don't care what conference they come from. Yeah, just give me the twelve best teams. Yeah, exactly. Yeah, I think you need to do away with the com championship. No conference, not even no matter how much you love a certain conference, no conference should be given four automatic qualifiers. And I think we got to get past as fans.
Speaker 6: Are we looking for the best team or somebody with the best record, because you can have a really good record, but being a conference that does not have the week to week grind that some of these big that's their power four conferences have argument is you could have two or three losses in the SEC or the Big ten, but be better than someone that's ten and one or you know whatever in another conference. And I think we got to look past it. Well, they got two losses, Well yeah, but who they lose to? Oh, Alabama and Texas. Oh okay, yeah, Well that's what that's a little different. You got you got to take into account.
Speaker 5: Even though I do see if Alabama and Texas are in the playoff and I go, so I got to see them play them again. But you know, I understand all that I think something was it. Did Sankie say that the SEC they wanted like five spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear that wrong.
Speaker 5: As much as I enjoy see football and that's our part of the world, that that's not nobody the SEC should not have four automatic qualifiers and the Big ten shouldn't have four, right, nobody should.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 5: I think we need to put the best twelve teams in there. And I am with you, Speedy. Let's think about it. Let's just don't look at records. Just look at strength of schedule. Let's look at who the losses came to, you know, all, how's the team playing?
Speaker 12: Now, all of that.
Speaker 2: It's never gonna be perfect. I mean year, let's be honest, that wasn't and probably s.
Speaker 5: M U, I mean SMU, probably more than Indiana because Indiana at least looked physical at times to some degree. Yeah, SMU should not have been in it. But but you know, we're learning. So but I understand if i'm Ryan Day, I'm probably saying the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I will say this.
Speaker 5: I know this is not popular, and I don't know why Speedy said it, and I'm just repeating it that some bout music is sometimes including listen to me. Now, everybody's settle, everybody's settle. I know this is an unspoken and you're not allowed to say it, especially if you live where I live. Okay, I know I'm not allowed this. Sometimes we as SEC fans can be a little delusional. I say that, yeah, we've been good a lot, but sometimes we're not as good as we think we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: And sometimes other conferences, and I think the Big Ten would make the biggest case. They got some good football teams, sure, and when I think we need to stop pretending that they haven't caught up, well yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I think all conferences can be a little delusional because you live in that area and that's what you know, right. But I and look, I get too with mid majors and the SMUs and you can only play who's on your schedule. I get that argument too. Hey, guys, this is the conference wein, these are the people we played, this is our record.
Speaker 2: We can't help that.
Speaker 3: I do that.
Speaker 5: But I think I can't help that. I can't help that I'm taking that into account. No, no, right, and we just have to balance all that out. And I just think that, well, the committee is supposed to strength of schedule really facts.
Speaker 2: Which so I guess they do.
Speaker 5: But but I will say this, the old twelve team or last year. Is there anybody in here, anybody in here that thinks Ohio State wasn't the best team in the country.
Speaker 2: No, I believe that by the end of the year they absolutely were.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 5: And and I'm talking about really didn't have anybody that close to the h.
Speaker 2: Right, they were.
Speaker 5: They were much better than everybody they played. Yeah, so they deserved it. Then they they lost the close one the Oregon during the season, then made Orgon eat it well, so yeah, yeah, And what I'm talking about is you got to take it as the years come by. Just because somebody has a logo, uh, doesn't mean they're great all the time. You know, when you go, well, and now look who we got in our conference. Well, when's last time they've been good? Yeah, you know, and you know, and and then sometimes somebody will get on you saying, well these teams haven't been good, Yeah, but this year they were. You know, so it was harder this year than it was last year. Yeah, and that kind of stuff. It's never gonna be perfect, and everybody's never gonna be happy, but I think it's still better than Yeah, well we've had in the past, no, no question about that. But but the thing is, do you have a conference? And I think the big tens of yes, and the SEC is a yes. When you have the kind of conferences that has to have those kind of logos in there or at any point you could be in a nightmare. Yeah, and I'm saying the big ten two those four ads, I know, those four teams had USC has been pretty good and Washington has been good. Those those are good teams. Yeah, those have not been pushovers. Even U c l A is is not as they haven't been just a pushover. Uh, those those ads are make that conference stronger.
Speaker 6: Look because of n I L Transfer portal and all that we've said. It's a lot of people probably rolling your eyes. Now everybody's good. I mean because now you and you can leave and go over there in a heartbeat. And now, uh, the the programs that have the history and that they're the staple of their conference. They're normally the standard and and and most of the there are the upresh line. But now other teams are coming along, well we can be good too. Why Well, because we just got you know, twenty transfers, and our roster is totally different.
Speaker 2: Yep, within a completely different team. Yeah. Derek Carr.
Speaker 5: Also in the US right, Derek Carr is explaining why he turned down thirty million dollars in guaranteed doney from the Saints to opt for retirement. He was walking away from more money and a lot of people you know would see, he said, in their whole lifetime that is absolutely true the majority. He said, I just simply did not feel good about taking it. In a season where he was going to be sidelined by a shoulder injury. I couldn't take the money and feel good about it. Boy, he's a breath of fresh air. Yeah, knowing that I with my shoulder problem, I was not going to be able to contribute, and taking that guaranteed money and then not playing, he said that part was tough. I didn't want to have the surgery and just sit there. It sounds crazy, he said. Just you know, people kept saying just take the Saints' money, but I could not get I couldn't get a piece about it.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 5: I know I could have collected the thirty million, but I wouldn't have been able to play if I had the surgery and I needed the surgery, then if I tried to play without the surgery, I don't think I could play at one hundred percent. So that didn't help the Saints. I just felt that it was the right thing to do for myself. And here's a strange concept. I think it was the right thing to do for the team.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: He probably looked at his financial situation and said, I'm good and right.
Speaker 2: Why would I not want to, you know, do this.
Speaker 5: Oh, but it's rare, and I understand. I don't know if i'd have done.
Speaker 2: No, you're right.
Speaker 5: Over the course of his he's done well, and this is that doesn't make it any less. No, it doesn't make it any less, don't. I don't know, guarantee. I know people who made as much money as Derek Carr, and they would have taken it in the same situation.
Speaker 2: The majority. He's still unique because of it.
Speaker 5: But he did make, to your point, Greg, over his eleven year career, one hundred and ninety five point seven million dollars a lot of money, and he did get he did get a ten million dollar roster bonus for twenty twenty five. Because that was due on top of his salary. But again, though he could have had thirty something million, it's good he.
Speaker 2: Didn't need it.
Speaker 5: But well, most people wouldn't. But I don't know, but I'm saying the majority of people would have took them. But it said, oh yeah, for one year, let me get that thirty millie and I don't even have to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you're right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that thing all this comment his agent made him a good that had a good contract down there to cover him.
Speaker 2: Evidently he did.
Speaker 5: But the thing of like y'all both just said, right, hey, he don't need it. Well, first of all, I don't know how many people he's taken care of or what he did or I don't know any of that. The fact is he had the opportunity to take it, yep, and he did. That's right. All you could have took it. Nobody would have said a word like oh, you should have done that, right, And he did it because he didn't think it was the right thing for the team.
Speaker 2: What a concept. Yeah, we'll be back.
Speaker 5: Hey day eight the number six Big Box more of the Rick Burgess Show, so churning along right after this. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show get a signed copy of Wick's new book, Men don't run in a ring for Father's Day by going to Themanchurch dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, so that cutoff is Monday.
Speaker 5: If you want to sign copy, okay, the book's out, it's everywhere and it will be. But if you're wanting a signed copy, then you've got to get that in by Monday, so we make sure we get them to you before Father's Day. Okay, and use the links either at Rickburgess Show dot com. You heard Ken Osborne tell you the Manchurch dot com or Burgessministries dot com. That's the only place you can actually get a signed copy. Use those links and be sure you're clicking on the right link. It's in red and it says click here for a signed copy.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: If you want it by Father's Day, you gotta get that done before Monday, okay, because we don't want you to be, you know, looking for it and not get it in time. All right, let's hit uh. We got a couple of these today.
Speaker 2: And then but we ain't starting back Big Fox in the house. We're turning it loud. This show was rocking up. Everybody. Just keep coming on the answers, emails down time.
Speaker 9: But we're on the go.
Speaker 2: Let's go Orge on the mic. No time to start, let's go control, let's them all. Hey Bush, Hey Bush, what's the word today? Fox in the studio. We're here to slick up and show. Let it all go while we're walking the show. No time to be moles.
Speaker 5: These are emails from you. If you want them to be considered, you put hay bird hay bird there in the title. Uh as you can imagine Adler Speedy. I know you are in the same boat. George Straight, heavy, My goodness, Greg, what have you done?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 2: So here we go.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna have to here we go, Hey Bird, Hey Burde, here's James. Here we go. I get Greg now, Well what a statement? I get Greg Now? About George Straight. I've been a lifelong fan of Straight, But as I pay attention to his video, he doesn't even play the guitar most of the time, it doesn't She barely plays an instrument, doesn't write any of his songs. I'm afraid I have to say Greg is right again. No, But see, people don't get they're not listening. Although I appreciate little support, I just said it doesn't get any bigger than him in country music.
Speaker 2: It doesn't.
Speaker 5: Hey, Bird, don't like his songs? Said, I mean, I adn't question that he didn't write every song. Well you've started, you know what? You you know what that's like saying I mentioned I didn't mean to set the woods on fire. Now I did drop a cigarette. That's a good point, Okay, but come on saying I just don't particularly ain't my thing. Well, but I acknowledge that he's as big as it gets acknowledge.
Speaker 2: But can I have straight pride? Can I be proud?
Speaker 5: Say this right now?
Speaker 3: You are?
Speaker 5: You're pretending I know you. There's no way, Greg, Way, I.
Speaker 2: Don't understand why I can't do. I can't have you can't in my life.
Speaker 5: What kind of music you like? And then I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You're just you're messing with me, that's what you're doing.
Speaker 5: That's funny too. I like to mess with me too, No, Greg, listen.
Speaker 7: Sometimes I like to feel like I'm on a motorcycle riding through hell while demons are chasing me and I'm getting away because I have the power of Christ in my heart.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sometimes I like to have that. That's metal. Sometimes that's what metal makes me feel. Christ Metal escaping.
Speaker 7: I'm surrounding, I AM and I and they can't get me down. Okay, I'm ahead of it because I'm on a motorcycle, Flames coming out the back.
Speaker 2: You guys get it.
Speaker 5: Got the visual and then sometimes especially the cover to Meat Loves About Out of Hell.
Speaker 7: This is That's how I envisioned myself when I listen to metal. But then sometimes I like to be on a horse, in on on, on a horse exert.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's I like to feel different ways. Now.
Speaker 5: Now, now you're America, I'm not saying no, I'm not saying you can't like that kind of music, but that particular artist, there's no way you're into That's all I'm you can be in the genre, but you you are. You're messing with me about this.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is my childhood. Man, I grew up. I don't know if you Texas heard a.
Speaker 5: Lot of bad music when I was growing I know your dad, you you're listening to truth. You were not listening to George ste.
Speaker 2: A lot of Michael W. Smith. But every restaurant I went into, this is in the restaurants.
Speaker 5: When when y'all got edgy Amy grant some for pop stuff right all right here George was on in Hard eight restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yes, George streets everywhere in Texas. You gotta have it.
Speaker 5: Hey, Yeah, that's a good hey bird, Hey Burge, Jeremy. It continues. I went to a George Strait concert four years ago. Stop paid big money to sit down there close you know what. It was a snooze fest. I actually dozed off one time when my wife waking me up, reminded me of how much money I spent. So I'm with Greg on this one. Hashtag Greg's menion.
Speaker 2: Okay there is.
Speaker 5: Look, guys, I've turned it over to the people. I didn't make them say this.
Speaker 2: Hey bird, hay burge, how about this?
Speaker 5: George Ray don't need me. He's doing fine. From Tina. Had to go to the dentish yesterday for my annual cleaning. As I'm laying there in the chair, I hear George Straight on repeat. I got tickled laying there thinking what if Greg was having a root canal the whole time they were playing nothing, Get George Straight? How would Greg handle that? I'd walk out with that paper thing around my neck, with your mouth over me.
Speaker 8: Do what.
Speaker 5: This one I'm getting now starting to pick up a little momentum as the book is actually out there. Hey guys, look, hey bird hay Burge, I've noticed a tapo in the book. This from Mom, Rick, I love you more than Greg Mom. No, guys, guys, Trump was not elected and we had not changed the Gulf of Mexico to Gulf of America. Stop sending me pictures of the book circling Golf of Mexico.
Speaker 2: Frank, Okay, okay, it's it is.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 5: When did you refer to the Golf of Mexico when Dad had the soccer guy going by kicking the ball?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, when we're sitting down there at the beach. Yeah, because that was a long time ago.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was not.
Speaker 5: And the time that I'm telling the story, it was called the Golf of ma Yes, Rick, it was called that up too, But I don't know it may still be called that. We're just not called that, you know, I thought to myself, now, me actually getting an email directly from Trump, I wasn't ready for that. Uh No, I just think uh so anyway, though, that's funny that y'all keep doing that. Uh here we go, hey Birch a Birge and uh well, now let me hold that one because Adam, that's the one that has the website with it, and we I think that needs its own segment.
Speaker 2: Okay, that because especially with you the dog people. Uh so they say that was the one. Oh here he is. This is for you, Adler.
Speaker 5: And you mentioned this once, Hey Birch a Burge, Jarrett here love the show, listen daily, Thank you. I was just curious, has Adler thought about a TikTok page, kind of like you know where y'all put a little something up there every day, something short, like a behind the scenes thing. I've watched a few of the old documentaries and they were just awesome. Just curious if you had any thought. Keep up the good work. I know we mentioned that, but honestly, I'm not speaking for you. You chime in here, Adler. Adlam's got so much on him right now. I don't think we can add anything else.
Speaker 2: Right right, and we know we need to.
Speaker 7: We need to, but we need to have more social media posts and more social media content and more. And I know that sounds crazy, but editing these short form videos is difficult, but we do need more short form content. It is difficult to get that out Blaze. The people at Blaze have been helpful. You may see some more short videos. They've helped us with that, And I'm just trying to crank out content as much as I possibly can. I was all in on TikTok and then Congress acted like they were going to ban it, so that kind of.
Speaker 2: Gave an excuse to keep pushing it back. We'll be right back, Steakarks.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, only in America. Could these four men do this for a living God bless America? This is the Wick Burgis Show.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go game working through another one together. How'd you sleep last night? America?
Speaker 5: You said good because you tauson turn a little bit? All right, tauson turners. If you checked the mattress, maybe it's maybe a look something to consider. If you had a mattress it was customized for you, probably would have been better. Let me tell you, Greg Burgess and Leelee sleep on the heelis matter? It's better Rick when they when you fill out that sleep quiz. Yeah, Man, make it just for you and the way you like it.
Speaker 2: How you gonna beat that little Lee Lee's Nuggle up. Come on.
Speaker 5: So right now there is a twenty percent off opportunity. Here comes Summer Little Summer sell action. So why don't you go to helicsleep dot com slash big Vox. Go there, twenty percent off. Tell them the things that Greg said didn't take long.
Speaker 2: Don't sleep sleep quick? Say a minute?
Speaker 5: How do you sleep? Side back? You know, stomach combo, You like a firm mattress, You like a medium mattress, You want something really soft?
Speaker 2: Cloud? Yeah? Are you big and tall? Is this for a child?
Speaker 5: All these things they take into account. Then they go to all their customized mattresses and they ship it right to you, no charge for that on the shipping, and then you get to sleep on it up to one hundred nights to be sure that you love it. And if anytime in those first one hundred nights you don't, but you you're gonna love it. If you don't, then you get a refund. Okay, there you go risk free. So you got nothing to lose except all this sleep you're losing right now. So go to helicsleep dot com slash big Vox. Get twenty percent off right now on a mattress made just for you. Okay, a couple of things. Is this now the norm? Can we not have some sort of you know, I mean, Greg, I really I questioned myself going to this this quick because I don't want you to upset another fan base. So if you'll just stick to this, if you'll just stick to the story. Okay, this is not about I'm not asking you to give your view on the catalog or anything like that. Okay, what you've already done in the past, and sadly I drafted with you. Oh boy, Can I just say the word Jimmy Buffett and just leave it? Stay right there, stay right there. Apparently, the allegation is that Jimmy Buffett's widow is upset and confused. She's locked in a legal battle the singer's fortune two hundred and seventy five million. Jimmy did well he did, his widow, Jane said in legal documents she believes the co trustee of the estate is not being forthright about the two hundred and seventy five million that are in it. She is claiming that both the co trustee, Richard Mauzing, as well as an attorney assigned to carrying out the high profile transaction named Jeffrey Smith, have been openly hostile toward her, and this is what she's claiming in her legal documents. She said that the attorney has failed to perform even the most basic tasks required of him as his role as the co trustee, and that means providing Missus Buffett with information concerning the trust assets and finances, which has left Missus Buffett in the dark in regard to the state of her own finances. I can't get them to tell me the deal. You know, it's obvious that this is the you know, what was left behind by my husband there for it should be hers. They've been overseeing it, but they they treat me like I'm somebody that shouldn't be getting information. Yeah, oh yeah, man, so there's uh so she she said that they this trust was put together, this legal team in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, and.
Speaker 5: Listen to this. The whole reason that Jimmy put this team together and set up this trust was so that I would have a nest egg if anything happened to him.
Speaker 2: It's the whole reason, and now they won't let her get it.
Speaker 5: It's the whole reason they're keeping her out. She said, no info over you, she said, I'm in the dark. And then others are saying if Jimmy Buffett was alive right now, he would be furious on how his wife is being treated by these by these men that he trusted. So says right now rather than you know, keeping this is now her lawyer keeping my client informed about her finances. They have spent sixteen months stonewalling and making excuses on why they could not yet tell her the deal. And she's not she's not happy, said she'll request information, they won't give it to her.
Speaker 2: Sounds to me like they've squandered this thing and they're trying to.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 2: So anyway, anyway, so the I'm reading here that they told miss Buffett to sit on her toughet.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, all right, which was not very nice, not cool.
Speaker 2: Oh this is not good.
Speaker 5: Listen what the trust said they said earlier this year, mazingter how you say his name? The trust put shocking results in front of her, as he showed the Marital Trust earned less than two million dollars in net income, a remarkably poor return for a trust with an estimate of two hundred and seventy five million in assets.
Speaker 2: Skimming skim they were trying to put it back.
Speaker 5: Then he died on them and now they had. Now they're getting called out. Oh Jimmy died before they was ready.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: I'm who knows, but that doesn't sound well, it's something doesn't doesn't if they're not, they're trying to keep her where she can't see what it is and what it pertains to that a lot of it ain't there. Yep, that's just my theory. Adler, I know you've been one of this. Update Rosenberg in Paradise, Roseenne Barr says she's living out her Texas dreams. I guess Adler's attention, despite she's had a tractor accident. Yeah, Roseanne Bars finally getting to live out her Texas treamers in her seventies, even with minor setbacks and a tree. Uh that that trapped her inside her tractor. A tree Apparently she tried to move a tree or something and it fell on top of her. She was trapped and trapped her. Uh, she has, She said, I've been trying to do the work because this is a dream come true. Look at her riding track, trapping my own property, and unfortunately her tractor fell on top of her and trapped her underneath the weight of the machine.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen to you.
Speaker 5: Look at I hear this from Gary all the time. Gay, let me tell you now. And you're gonna start messing around on tractor, then I need to get you trained properly. Them things is dangerous.
Speaker 2: That's exactly even ground and all that.
Speaker 5: Hey, look, I know you one day you talk about you wanted to man, Hey, don't discluint buy some tractor and start riding around on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all, what happened to uh? What's his name? Hawkeye? Jeremy Renner? He got ran over the snow machine machines so bad he should have died. Toothpaste his eyes. Hey, he was He was looking at his own face. He said, Oh, you didn't have to that.
Speaker 1: He talked.
Speaker 2: He talks all about the amount of bones that he cuts. Rose in. I don't know if she should be doing this. I mean, you can easily die.
Speaker 3: I ran.
Speaker 2: I did I think I remember you telling that story.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we were removing we were removing small saplings from a fence line. Who was me and my buddy in Texas were removing small saplings from a fence line. He would pull up the tractor to the fence and then lower the fork had a front lift, and then I would take chains and a cable and wrap it around the base of this pine sapling.
Speaker 2: John it was his grandfather's farm. We went and would work there in the summers, and so I would I would.
Speaker 7: I was on the ground on my knees and I would I would get the chain and wrap it around the base of the pine, and then he would lift the tree up out of the ground.
Speaker 2: Boom, it's out of the ground. Problem solved.
Speaker 7: We're not gonna have gigantic trees growing along this fence line in the fields. So I am going to get the cable ready, and at that time he would just pull up. As I was getting it ready, he pulls up and we're there. He stopped and I'm wrapping the cable around and his foot slips off the clutch, so the drive and gauge is The grill of the tractor hits me in the back of the head and it's coming up over me. Oh my god, and the sound of the engine is over my body and I just was in a ball, just curled up screaming. It was one of the more scary moments of my life and were I was. I couldn't drive drive yet, so I was like around eighth grade. Yeah, so I'm like the eighth ninth grade. Uh and and uh then I I I ended up in between the two big wheels by the time he got his foot because he got jerked back as it went forward. So when you're getting jerked back, it's hard to get your foot back on that break and clutch.
Speaker 2: And he took out the fence.
Speaker 7: I was underneath the big wheels in the back, and I just ran out once he stopped, I ran out from under the tractor.
Speaker 2: That was very scary. We just I was so scared, you can't even be mad. And we like hugged each other and stuff. So I could have left that part out of it. And I'm not kidding scary. Glad you weren't taller. I mean, I'm being serious.
Speaker 12: I'm glad.
Speaker 7: I'm so small that I've never curled up into so tight of a ball. And all the sound of the engine all around me was horrify.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget it.
Speaker 7: Still, that's probably the closest I've I've come to getting real smashed, real bad. But man, this is I can't believe Roseanne got hit by a tractor too. Now I got something in common with Roseanne, by the way. She got hit by a car when she was a little kid, and they said that her behavior got crazy and erratic after that severe injury. That car accident might be why we ended up with that national anthemout that that they said that before she was more of a calm child, that she got hit by a car and who she became very erratic, which I've heard.
Speaker 5: Can do you need to got hit by another one later than it made her back to normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, maybe this tractor accent. Yeah, this might be getting kicked by Now she's back to normal. I need to get hit by a tractor again. I thank god, I have really solved my life problem. We can make that word. How close was this to the ketch anything?
Speaker 1: This is the week Burger's Show, simply outworking the competition, the week Working Show.
Speaker 2: Let's go to work.
Speaker 5: Thank you for being with us again today, America. We'll be chatting with you shortly if you want to struck. If you got something to bring to the table, our number is eight eight eight, the number six big box. Okay, Things you need to know Wednesday Bible Study archive is out today. If you are interested Job sixteen as we walk through the book of Job, you can catch that on our YouTube channel or our podcast channel. Coming up this weekend episode five Tales from the Camp House the Fish Fry that'll be coming out this weekend on our YouTube channel. Also today we record another episode of Strange Encounters. That'll be episode four. Our guest Calvin Speedy Wilbert. We'll be delving into what he actually had to deal with and experienced which led to the shutting down of the Old Rick and Bubba series The thirteen Working Day of Horror as some as some people say, hey, hey, that's when it got real. So we will interview Speedy about those experiences and it'll come out this weekend wherever you get podcast or on our YouTube channel and podcast channel as well. So how long do you think it will be as this keeps going with a big Beautiful bill It's being debated now, how long before Trump begins to turn on Elon? Because Elon will not He's not letting go. He does not like the Big Beautiful Bill. He's very negative about the bill. You know, he and Trump worked side by side. I mean they were yucking it up I mean, for a time I thought they might get their own series and down on Netflix. And you know, you know one thing Trump holds very dear as loyalty, and of course you know, in Elon's mind, he's just saying, well, I'm very literal.
Speaker 2: So I don't like it.
Speaker 5: I think it's still too much debt. I don't think it's solving the problems that I found. And somewhere in the middle of all that is some sort of balance. But these two individuals, when you think about balance and compromise and meeting halfway, their personalities don't seem to no. I just see I just see a collision coming, you know.
Speaker 6: You know when he made his first comments and then they had that press conference saying it was a timely exit from DOGE and it was kind of like a love fast and it was like, bro, you know, all this kind of stuff, and then he then he made this comment you just wanted.
Speaker 5: The next day of the abomination comment. Yeah, yeah, and just Mike Pence said, see Greg Now, I tend to think even though he talks too fast, Adler, does Ben Shapiro find that balance that I'm looking for. The explanation looks like on the stuff. Y'all have written about this video that he's going to say that when it comes to the the ideology, Elon Musk is right, it doesn't do enough to solve the debt crisis on a pragmatic level. Trump is right, right? Is that the balance we need to hear? Now, Shapiro talks a little fast. Sure, it's like you've sped him up. It's like he's own So I know it's two minutes, but.
Speaker 2: So you know how with RFK we speed up his voice? Yes, with Ben Shapiro, do we need to slow down?
Speaker 5: He's talking to our Blaze brethren, Glenn beck yep. So here he is giving us that balance that really they're both right, it's just according which way you're looking at it. He switched to another war that's going on.
Speaker 14: Elon Musk just came out earlier today and said he wants everybody to call Congress and reject this big beautiful bill. There's a lot of good things in the big beautiful Bill, a lot of bad things in the big beautiful Bill. What's your take on this on Elon Musk and how this bill is being put together?
Speaker 8: So, you know, I think that we have to kind of discuss it in two separate forms. One is sort of the ideological and one is the pragmatic. On an ideological level, obviously Elon is right when it comes to solving America's debt crisis. This bill doesn't do nearly enough to solve America's debt crisis, right. I mean, it makes like very minor changes for work requirements on Medicaid. From my perspective, you can call those big cuts to future spending, fine, but it doesn't really shape the cost curve in a serious way. They would get the American national debt down, and of course by maintaining the tax rates where they are, presumably that leads to in the best case, not much loss of revenue because it've increased economic dynamism. In the worst case, the actual loss of government revenue, which is to say, tax tax money. The bill itself is not designed to lower spending. It's not designed to do that in any real way. So on ideological level, listen, on ideological i'mate partier. On ideological level, going all the way back to two thousand and five, I'm in favor of privatizing social security.
Speaker 2: But on ideological level, the American people disagree with me.
Speaker 8: And President Trump actively campaigned in twenty sixteen, twenty twenty, and twenty twenty four on not touching Medica, Medicator social Security in any serious way. And so that being the case, the idea that we were even going to return to twenty nineteen levels of spending with a majority in the House of two votes and a majority in the Senate of three seems to me fantastical. So the question you have now on a pragmatic level, and this is where President Trump is right. On a pragmatic level, here are your actual choices. Either taxes remain the same and spending the spending curve continues to go up, but at a slightly lower rate, or the taxes increase and the spending continues to increase at a slightly lower rate or a slightly higher rate. No one in this country takes seriously that that problem. And I get where Elon is coming from. I do I welcome him to the party, pal like like I've been here for my anxiety. You have to glad. I mean, we've all been here for decades talking about this stuff.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 5: So that's he's basically saying, Elon is in the fantasy world that we all wish, but is never pragmatically going to happen. Right, You couldn't sell the people on that you would have an uproar, which Finney is watching the left. They don't quite know what to do because really the things that is upsetting, the things that are upsetting Elon Musk are directed at them. They're actually getting more with Trump than they would with Elon. But Elon's mad at Trump, so they tend to lift Eline up as kind of heroic for being angry with Trump. But what he's angry with Trump about really is about them, So it's kind of weird. They find themselves in kind of a weird place. Really, Trump is being less severe than Elon wants to be. But Trump is saying, Elin, you you may be, as Shapiro pointed out ideology, yeah you're you're right, but there's no way we get that through. We don't have the votes are too close. Uh. And if we're gonna if we're gonna make any real change to get the good things in, I'm on, I can't go touch Medicaid, Social Security and Medicare. I can't, uh, and I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna raise taxes. But if I don't keep it where it is right now. How taxes are gonna go up, so it's better to keep them here than for them to increase. And we'll work on spending a little bit and more of that will come in the future than right now. Yeah, yeah, am I'm oversimplifying this.
Speaker 7: And you see you know your rand pauls oh, sure that are upset because this bill will also raise the debt ceiling yep by four or five trillion. But then, and you know, Elon worked so hard to have these cuts and it's it's looking like because he Elon made very big promises as far as the amount of money that he could find cuts for, and that number has ended up being.
Speaker 2: A little bit smaller than what he projected.
Speaker 7: He even in one interview said maybe we could find a trillion, and it is in the hundreds of billions, you know, maybe two hundred billion, which is not a trillion. And in defense of the big beautiful bill, it will in the future lead to hopefully one point six trillion and reduce. So it it like like so many people are saying, it does have pros, it does have cons and I'm trying to learn as much about it as i can and figure out what I think about it.
Speaker 5: So to me, though, on the more simpler question, how long until Trump turns on al and starts worrying him out? Yeah, I think he's on borrow time. Also, he's let him go further than I thought. I think they're brofesst is is if Elon keeps on another day or two, and every day's got something stronger to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, from what I understand, Elon asks for his unofficial government position to continue longer, and the Trump administration did not approve that.
Speaker 2: So you could you could say that the part is already open.
Speaker 15: Yeah. Sure.
Speaker 5: At the top of the hour, we'll be back. More of the Rick Burgess Show coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the man who was bold enough to point out that there is no such thing as dog years. Dogs just don't live as long as you want.
Speaker 2: Birches, What about it? America? Speedy, Greg and Adler Here. As the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: Moves on, we'll hear from you America this hour via the phones. Be listening for unscreened phone calls.
Speaker 2: Coming up shortly. Yeah, okay, all right, so this is.
Speaker 5: We want to do a full Hey Bird hay Birge segment here because it's only one email, but but I do want to you dog folks.
Speaker 2: This is this is a ye. Matthew wants to ask you guys something. Yeah, okay, let's go everybody.
Speaker 5: So, hey bird hay Birge, this is Matthew, and how about this. I'm excited about his first statement. Okay, fella's first statement.
Speaker 2: I like it right here.
Speaker 5: Okay, first statement in the email. First off, the new show is one Radio Gold. Okay, I like love the new show. Thank you very much, appreciate that. Forty eight he said, I've been listening to the Rick and Bubba show since college, and I thank you for that too, sir. The idea of a dog keeping me up at night because he or she is scared of the rain and the storm is a foreign idea. It would take one time for that to happen at my parents' house when I was younger, and the dog would have come up missing. But I realized we're living in a different time. So he has offered something for you guys to consider.
Speaker 2: It about dum okay. Adler and Speedy both struggled with this.
Speaker 5: Great your dogs did they do anything on storm don't like them, but want some men though in the garage, be locked in the garage sometimes, but but it gets under the car.
Speaker 2: That said every road I take to What about the dog.
Speaker 5: So he said, I understand we're living in a different time, sir. We all grew up in the same house as none of the none of our parents would have tolerated the things that modern day people tolerate with dogs. I mean not even not even remote dogs. I never imagine. And the checks I've written for a dog unbelievable, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I'd like to have it.
Speaker 5: It's like I got a raise when I gave that dog one. Okay, so he says there is a product, but Speedy, I can already hear you. And I bet Adler too. I bet y'all. I bet you because y'all both have said you pretty much tried everything. Yeah, yeah, okay, So this may not be the answer, and I think it's absolutely ridiculous what this product is. But anyway, he said, there is a product I found for Speedy and Addler. Doggie hush, oh, doggie, hush.
Speaker 2: Look on his head and it.
Speaker 5: These are ear muffs so some kind so the dog can't hear it. But I think they sense it. I don't think it's about earing. They feel it. Does this work real gear, real piece. Each headphone ships a set of them on milling and it says it seals off so much they can't hear anything.
Speaker 2: How you gonna get it on them?
Speaker 5: You think they're gonna sit there and let you put that on their hands, right, and then they're gonna rip it off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I in no way.
Speaker 5: It's I don't know that that's gonna work because fifty bucks it looks sweet.
Speaker 2: Well we lost speedy on that one.
Speaker 5: No, I just I'm just about spending anything.
Speaker 2: Those poor dogs were doing.
Speaker 5: Even I'm like, I don't know, man, I think you should give the dog away before you do.
Speaker 9: That, you know.
Speaker 6: You know what I've noticed with Jack is that it's like he has this nervous energy where he just it's all, Yes, it's weird.
Speaker 5: His very strange because he wants to go to the storm.
Speaker 6: He wants to go into he wants to go outside into the store, and we have a covered area where he could sit up, but no, he wants to like lay in the rainiest thing. But it seems like he gets an inern some energy where if I go hey, buddy, it's okay. It's like he wants to play, like I gotta have, you know something, It's like there's just so much anxiety built up in me.
Speaker 2: I gotta do something about the.
Speaker 5: Dog.
Speaker 2: Will you please drive the headphone?
Speaker 5: Please get those get those hit he would wear them.
Speaker 2: I just don't think it would help because he's filling the storm. Why don't you try it?
Speaker 7: All right, So it's got velcro straps. It's got basically it looks like a bral kind of like that.
Speaker 2: Buddy, here's these cones, new jerseys, cones you put over the dog's ears.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can tell whose kids have been waking up at.
Speaker 2: Five layers of soundproof material. Yeah, no way that dogs his head. No way, he's gonna he's gonna bat it right off.
Speaker 6: Well, it's got a chin strap that goes under head. So once you put it on, you know, it's like he's.
Speaker 5: By the way, Text Nation, don't do CBD solutions. The last time Adler tried that, he kept taking them.
Speaker 2: Ye, just keep going for the dog. My bad.
Speaker 5: The CBD stuff.
Speaker 6: You know, they go to the vet and get a prescription for like straight up anxiety stuff. And yeah, y'all don't have to send all that. We have exhausted all of that. It's like the stuff from the vet makes him like more crazy. One thing, like he's a super doll like.
Speaker 7: One thing I found is that when when an animal has a surgery, they will send you home with some really powerful stuff. And we, because I've had to pay for a couple of those surgeries, we've got some of that stuff left over. And so if you get it before the storm gets there, you got to knock him out. You got to get them all glassy eyed before the storm gets there. Turn on a bunch of fans in the room. And I have noticed that that will help.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, so speedy for you. Yours to me Adams a little more complicated. Yours seems quite simple. Just let him go out in the storm, and I do.
Speaker 6: We started that, but you know that they old we're trying to protect you from yourself. And so when it's lightning and it's cutting up, he probably don't need to be out there.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe he goes crazy.
Speaker 6: But the fencers we have set up in the garage a really cool set in the deal. And the last three times, the last three times it's worked, we have one of these huge orange fans. It's like, you know, for a factory that's blowing in there, way too big for the for the garage, and man, we put him in there and he seems to do fine.
Speaker 5: They've already tried the thunder jacket. Yeah, please don't email us the thunder You tried it the odd part. Like you talked about how he goes out the last time, what about when he buried himself in the corner behind all the lawnmowers.
Speaker 2: And everything else he was hid. Yeah, I ran around trying to find you. Here he comes out. He's a zombie dog.
Speaker 5: You know. I had a dog that used to go in the garage. We had these shelves that we had all that trophy stuff. Yeah, and there's a little hole in the bottom of the box and he would she would dive into that hole and high. You couldn't see that, Chloe. That was baby girl.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 5: By the way, legend, someone said, I don't think if ir mush you're gonna do anything for my dog. But I just got me a pair for my family's next family gathering.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just want to say when I go to the in laws gathering, I gotta have Hey, that looked just like baby girl in that picture. By the way, that's exactly you look at that.
Speaker 2: Isn't that funny?
Speaker 5: By the way, what that That was one of my favorite Babylon bees too. I remember that one Calvinist dog reminds the owner, no one is a good boy.
Speaker 2: About the dog? What a good one? What about? What about that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: I commend you know what I mean now that now that you got your son's dog, of course he'll be moving out.
Speaker 2: He's fine. That's what I say. It was about.
Speaker 5: Say, now you got two that don't act up in one that does. Yeah, the well, you know from three to two.
Speaker 6: You know, sometimes you know when you're on the team, all the players get punished and you're like, what, I didn't do anything, and the old old Gregg's loaf and so we all get punished at I used to and so I have we've started stopped punishing Leo and Cuddy for Jack. Uh And they're like, why you put me out there?
Speaker 2: I'm trying. Yeah, that's true. What do you what do you think now?
Speaker 6: Jack's just going you know, the person that I gave my dog to should take him. It's a it's a sweet little dogs just when storms come in. But here's he turns into a crazy person. Get crazy dog and some of ear.
Speaker 5: Mufs put him on and then watch the other two as they look at him and probably make fun of him. Yeah, they'll be doing something.
Speaker 2: Oh here's bad news. Deaf dogs still hate storms. Not gonna help.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they feel that it's the pressure.
Speaker 2: Start cutting.
Speaker 5: Not gonna sit there with that on our head. I had them two crazy dots and one time Lisa tried to be cute put sweaters on them and they immediately ripped each other's sweater off and just destroyed them. Really, those are the two minus dogs I've ever known.
Speaker 2: They were crazy.
Speaker 6: Oh, the wind can be blowing and and them here a wind chime outside, Like can I can I ask you something?
Speaker 5: You notice the wind's just? Can we can we trace one dog other than that Chloe dog, because that was Lisa's dogs that was different.
Speaker 2: Do you hear? Do you hear this theme?
Speaker 5: Dogs start becoming gregs and they become mean. They get an attitude. I just hold the ground. They always take on their owner's personality, don't.
Speaker 2: They hate to hate the deed, not to breathe.
Speaker 5: I must bite tires, right, can a dog have root trets like bite you and then try to come lick you. No, no, no, Greg, you don't literally bite tires, but you bite tires.
Speaker 2: Let me say something.
Speaker 7: You know how you're supposed to get You're supposed to get your your puppy around other dogs. You're supposed to get puppies around other dogs, so they don't learn how to play and they're not.
Speaker 2: Mean, and they don't they're not scared of other dogs.
Speaker 7: You guys know that, right knows that you. You need to do this with storms with your dog too. In the first year and two years of their life. When it's thunders or when it lightnings, if you jump, they see that, and really you can impart. You can impart fear. What you need to do is work on making a storm not a scary time for your dog. Keaven, my dog I ra Whisper, is not afraid of storms. He does fine in storms.
Speaker 2: I have no problem. You didn't make it scary and right if it thunders, lay on the ground and roll around and play with your dog. Many people have dogs that are scared of storms. Lots of people.
Speaker 7: It's not I'm just no, no, no, but dogs can be inclined to that it can be inclined to that, and you can help desensitize.
Speaker 9: Them to that.
Speaker 5: I don't think they're doing it because of you, who jumps around that much when a storm comes.
Speaker 2: Kevin would look at me and be like, hey, you go with that anytime with light, you do it. You know you bet, you're wow, You're strong and brave.
Speaker 11: I love you, Dad.
Speaker 2: That's what happened. And now he's good with storms. Haw's chin like storms. He's fine with them because you got to desensitize.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get on the show. No by calling one eight eight eight six big box.
Speaker 5: All right, here we go America. Let's open up those lines for you. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 2: Has been bringing a lot of excitement, but it's the way to go. Look, we're we're out there on the edge. Beg ay day eight the number six Big Box. We screen them as they go.
Speaker 5: You're gonna hear the phone ringing, and don't worry about that because we'll answer it eventually. And when we do and you hear say hello, you're on the show. Your turn to go, and we'll move them quickly. So if you want to be part of the show, unscreen phone calls right now a day to eight the number six Big box Relief Factor dot Com all natural, love this product.
Speaker 2: Love this product.
Speaker 5: Over the years, we man We've had some great ones and a lot of them are still here, still with us. And this is one one hundred percent natural research based formula created to help combat the root causes of inflammation using four botanicals. Pain is the key reason that people go to the doctor, and Relief Factor was designed to help your body reduce pain associated with aging. Exercise in everyday living and naturally you can do it. I love this product. We'll give you three weeks right now, three weeks for nineteen ninety five and it has worked for the majority of people who've tried it. I hope it works for you. Go to relieffactor dot com. Relieffactor dot com, our Rickburgesshow dot com under the sponsors button. To the phones, we go, Hello and welcome to unscreenphone calls. You're on the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Go Yeah.
Speaker 9: I've had the worst call of my life and it got me thinking I'm hearing myself real bad. I don't think I've got anything turned up, really lou But anyway, he got me to thinking would you rather, would you rather have a real bad cough for three weeks or vomit three times and and be doing I'm going with a three time vomit.
Speaker 2: I am too.
Speaker 5: I didn't know the cough was gonna last?
Speaker 2: Dry?
Speaker 5: Or is it just one vomit and we're done?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 2: Three? You have to three of them?
Speaker 5: I know three separate, but we is it the other two?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it dry?
Speaker 5: Heaven?
Speaker 2: After each time? It's just like three and you're done?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll take that over three week chronic cough all day long.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Now if you say, if you said all both of them last three weeks, I'm going with the cough. Sure, yeah, yeah, definitely we continue, man, I got two in here in the studio.
Speaker 2: You sure did.
Speaker 5: Greg rick Berger's show. You're on unscreen phone calls going away from Hello, turn that down, turn down whatever you're playing?
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, Hey, hey, I won't tell you. Greg was right.
Speaker 12: I didn't get into that thousand pounds sister, but I watched this last episode and it was that brother is he reminds me up?
Speaker 8: Greg?
Speaker 12: He gets messed up off the clock clip He's larious.
Speaker 5: Cuff Let me let me comment on last night's episode. Okay, I'm gonna put a warning out there. Of course they put a warming Tammy had her skin remove a surgery. Boy, they show you way more than no. No, why I bet that looked like somebody phil dressing a buffalo. Hey, and what.
Speaker 2: They showed was horrible. Oh why would you watch that? I turned away.
Speaker 5: Because I got to see the other parts were still funny, you know, Amanda and Chris nearly got a fired pretty fun ray Burgess show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead and the surgery.
Speaker 2: I heard the doctor used a harpoon. All right, go ahead?
Speaker 13: Uh just when conseil. I love the new show. My son and I listen every day on my way to work and she drop him off at school. He's four. And also I have a like one hundred and ten pounds German shepherd dog who is terrified of storms as well, and I try to drug him before the storm and that doesn't usually work. But my son still has a sound machine from when he was a baby that drowns out the thunder, and he will try to break through his bedroom door to get in the room with the Seille machine and that usually helps him.
Speaker 2: Wow, So he knows. He knows where to go, the place of solace. He knows where to go. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 6: What about if I put it dry that I wonder if I could cramp some you know raycons in his ear?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and then and then start some of that stuff in the headphones.
Speaker 5: What if you just hug him close to you and hunting his ear. Yeah, we continue. Rick Virgis show is a little heart going unscreenphone.
Speaker 3: Good morning y'all. Hey Greg, I heard y'all talking about our white trash TV. I tell you what does them is some ugly head first, but I'm oa tell you that taming listen Tamy, when they did that surgery. They need to cut that shed off her forehead. That's covering her whole paste.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: So he's so good to hear the female, Greg call this. She's right that boy, it was something to say.
Speaker 2: We continue.
Speaker 5: That's Rick Rgis Show, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, good morning gentlemen. Hey buddy, Greg, got a scenario for you. Yeah, I go with it. You got a broke leg, You gotta watch TV for six months. Got one movie to choose from you, going.
Speaker 11: White Lighting Macon County Line Gator McCluskey, w W and Xey Dance Kings Billy Jack.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, what a what a legendary too, sith, I'm going with White Lightning.
Speaker 2: I love you love White light Yeah, that's a good one. Is the Gators, isn't it? That's good.
Speaker 5: It's from the Gator series I know now, w W and the Dixie Dance Kings is that's pretty good too, all right, I mean, don't talk down to me about Gators.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of any of these movies except White Lightning.
Speaker 5: Well you're missing out. They got Burt Reynolds in them.
Speaker 2: Oh nice. Yeah, he was the coolest guy ever.
Speaker 9: He was.
Speaker 2: He was I wanted to be Burt.
Speaker 5: And and right there around eighty one, you were trying we continue h rick Burgers show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 11: Hey, good morning, We're good.
Speaker 2: I hope you're okay.
Speaker 12: Good, Hey, Speedy, I got a question for you, yes, sir, So what do.
Speaker 13: You think about the six station and baseball coach we'll got.
Speaker 6: I don't know a ton about him. I know he came from Virginia and he's he's quite the coach. Uh and I understand he's bringing his staff with him. So we'll see what's hope we think about him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's great.
Speaker 6: He did a lot of stuff at Virginia and and Startful is fired up.
Speaker 2: He's good him. I mean, they got the talent and hell, stage is all I got say, let me chase.
Speaker 5: You can't do a British accident, but you got hope. You got that, Rick, he's waiting bet twenty four seven. Yeah, well that's a good point. I heard him talking about hope.
Speaker 2: You meant it, Joe.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Do you have your Rick Burgess Show swag? Check out our story at Rick Burgessshow dot com and click shock.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, are you ready to be bowled enough now to let the whole world know? Yeah, I hang out with the Rick Burgers Show. I'm with the guys. That's my show.
Speaker 5: We'll wear it proudly and check out all the new designs and more to come at rick burgesshow dot com, including the brand new men Don't Run.
Speaker 2: In the Rain shirts.
Speaker 5: Check that out as that goes along with the release of the book.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I got to ask you.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm gonna handle this is I'm gonna try to be the least amount of gross I can, Greg, I'm first of all going to make a statement. I've come to the conclusion this thousand pounds sister thing, it may be the lowest level of entertainment I think I've ever heard of. This has got to be ground level. I mean when you were telling me the park, you were telling me that, like a feature last night featured one of them getting their skin.
Speaker 2: That's normally.
Speaker 5: But in the lobby they got into a fight about somebody breaking wind. Yeah, they were in the waiting room waiting on the surgery and one's sisters let one rip and made the other one mad. Now does that feel like that's a pretty low I mean, that's that's that sounds like stuff that would Then I realized the show we do, and I'm sounds like great. I mean yeah, yeah, I don't know. And she got real mad about it, real mad. But they do it all the time and then don't get mad.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: So somebody in this series wind is featured. Yeah, amy's a thread to rip one big women ripping big women? Oh yeah, okay, dropping win. Well, I say a thread. I mean it's not the running thing. O. Great, the fact that it's in there at all, I mean, well, last night they like the guy to fight in the waiting room at the hospital over it. Okay, so now now now here that's unbelievable. Now comes my next question, and it look just I'm handling this with kid gloves. So when and good for good for which ones lost? They've all lost? The is this Timmy getting skin? Amy's put hers back on a little bit. She's they called her out on it. Okay, Samy's drifting back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a skin.
Speaker 5: Well that's where I'm going out, don't you show it? Ain't she lost over five hundred pounds. Good for her, Okay, that's what I say. So you'll have some skin, buddy. There's no indictment on that. Congratulations to her for turning her her health in a different director. I will be honest, though, it was funnier when she was huge.
Speaker 2: Knew it. That's three and a half of mine.
Speaker 5: Like that clip you sent me. Yeah, you're telling me that ain't fun that's funny? Okay, And she was shooting. She was over seven during that one. Can can you continue to be funny? That's just not funny?
Speaker 2: Oh? There it is?
Speaker 5: Oh well, so you need we need to get her on fixed mama's mouth.
Speaker 2: That would help.
Speaker 5: All right, here comes my question that for it, and you know what we do for a living. Then it's actually come down. There's people who know. There's people who know. Okay, and I almost dread the answer. Okay, people that get up in the seven hundreds, eight hundreds, that's big, one ton all that it's drastic and they need it. Bless them. Okay, they get all the weight off. Now we've got a lot of loose skin. Then we got surgeries to kind of get the loose skin. It's been stretched.
Speaker 2: We got to get her.
Speaker 5: But I what happens to the skin that they I don't know because they were laying it on the table like a stack of tibles.
Speaker 2: Where does it go? In the break? He said that he was holding it up like a bed sheet in the break and his hands out. Where does it go?
Speaker 5: Horrifying, Greg, If we could get if we could get some of Tammy's skin, would you put it up in your office? No?
Speaker 6: Rick, I'm like, like Earnhardt Bumpers, Oh, look at that hole in that supposedly going to do some of that goosele on her neck.
Speaker 5: There they were concentrated on her face and her neck stomach and listen, they had like eight people working on her at once.
Speaker 2: Oh God, lover, yeah, how about that job? How about that forul?
Speaker 5: For you?
Speaker 2: Thankful for?
Speaker 5: What do you do with the fat?
Speaker 2: Where's it going? All right?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: My skin? Now it's a lot y'all.
Speaker 5: You know remember in Fight Parity, You ever seen when they when they harping in whales and they take them that place and they cut them up.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: I like remember in Fight Club they were using the fat to make soap and then selling it back to the fat ladies.
Speaker 2: Here's your own fat. I made some soap. Oh I did not. That was in a movie. I didn't see that in the movie. That's what they did.
Speaker 5: Do you think it is just okay? Somebody put port rhymes. That's terrible. No, now you've ruined it. Now I'll question every bag I get. No, they would never come in your mind. They would never tell you that how.
Speaker 2: Much date it? Oh hush, come on, Why would you can't? I wouldn't even come now, hold on, you know how you can you can be where did eight thousands when it came up? I'm just kids if it was in skin form.
Speaker 7: Or somebody claims you can use the skin in in some surgical procedures for like reconstruction.
Speaker 5: But they know no way they keep that. Do you think are we talking are we doing so I can donate my skin? Are we talking about hefty bags and it's out discarded.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of it is medical weight. Whatever they do with all that.
Speaker 5: Medical medical somebody says to make lipstick out of it, lipsick soap, Come on, no victims they put it.
Speaker 7: They're they're taking it Brazil and injected into women's butts and putting in celebrities cheeks and lips.
Speaker 2: They're using it.
Speaker 5: They're not going directly. They're not going to the dumpster with it. I can tell you God, they're not wasting the frazer they're selling. I didn't enjoy that episode.
Speaker 2: Is good.
Speaker 5: For the fight overbreaking wind? It would have been a total loss.
Speaker 2: What was on TV last night? Knowing what I know, and then you chose that is hilarious.
Speaker 5: I recorded from that because it comes on later than I want to normal day, so so I and I don't watch this either, because it's just it in my world. It's like you people, and I had one the other day. Well, I regretted this person, have myself on these people, and we had it happening here on the show where they want to send you their wounds and stuff. I don't want to see it. I don't nobody wants to see any desire to see it. They don't want to see you scar from surgery. What I'm saying is, if you're a person, because I know maybe there's different degrees, Let's say you're a person who you're going to make sure you've recorded the latest episode of The pimple Popping Doctor. Okay, do you also just sit there and watch this episode of one thousand pounds Sistant.
Speaker 2: And say, yeah, more of this eating chips and depth. I turned away. I did good.
Speaker 5: If you want to give me speech out, I gotta say, if you want to watch somebody lacerate and afected oils and I.
Speaker 2: Don't get that is wrong with that, That's that's just wrong about this.
Speaker 5: A lot of people must know it's a popular show. Never watched it once, and I can't watch it. Have you ever accidentally been scanning? Yeah, it runs across it and it's just it's just bad timing, Like and I just keep this is the grossest segment we've done yet I don't know. We're not going to detail. We're just saying, oh, yeah, you did say that. Greg, I forgot at one point.
Speaker 2: Any discussion of pimple popper is and then you're over here. I wasn't talking.
Speaker 5: I just want to know what happened to go. That's a fair question.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 5: It's a fair question. And I was asking, and of course I didn't have great didn't give. Greg gave the visual of you know, well, harpooners bringing those in.
Speaker 2: No, I got it.
Speaker 5: I know exactly how I got My question wasn't people operating? My question wasn't that I wanted to know what happens to it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Is the just waste google that, don't google it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna skin removal?
Speaker 5: Somebody out what happens with skin after skin removal?
Speaker 2: What I was reading earlier theory.
Speaker 5: So if this is my field, if this is my field of work, am I just numb to it?
Speaker 2: Am? I?
Speaker 3: Literally? Am?
Speaker 5: I literally sitting there in the hospital cafeteria, go ahead and having my breakfast, knocking it back, talking about the games. Hey did you see that game? And then I'm about to go in there and do that.
Speaker 7: Yes, It's like when you first start changing diapers. It's horrifying after the surgery.
Speaker 1: Common complications after skin removal surgery include fluid collection. Under this.
Speaker 5: Complication, they're saying what they're doing with it, turn that off once you go find out talking about once you go find out privately, Hey, type us up a document and hand it out. They're preserving it for other procedures.
Speaker 2: I knew that. Let's move on.
Speaker 5: I like some of you said, pretty good idea for bird victims.
Speaker 2: I think they do that reconstructed like I said.
Speaker 5: Or what if you get paid for your skin there, she's gonna have a big check. He's trying to turn it into revenue.
Speaker 2: You just saying the wait guy, Greg, Okay, the wait Greg?
Speaker 5: Hey, I just I just panic.
Speaker 2: Somebody put a picture on text Nation. But it's just bacon. All right, we'll be back, disgusting. I just stay close.
Speaker 9: I just date me.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, loaded with caffeine. I'm ready for another hour. This is the Wicked Show.
Speaker 5: Glad you're here having a blast hanging out digging it. Do you miss any part of the show, Go back and catch it on the Daily Archives. You can do that on our YouTube channel or the podcast channel. Never miss a moment of the show. I'll go back and listen to things that you caught about halfway, or somebody told you about, or maybe you just want to hear it again or share it with a friend. I love hearing people that families that say when everybody gets home, they begin to start talking about the things they heard during the day, and they get out the archives and they go back and revisit Babylon b with a great one today.
Speaker 2: And we cover this story earlier.
Speaker 5: Elon Musk leaves the job of making government more efficient for a much easier job of sending humans to Mars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good. That's good. That's a good one right there. That is a good one.
Speaker 5: All right, So other things to cover, Speedy, did you say you had something?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just have four sports events and maybe five we go that I know y'all couldn't care less about, right, and it bothers me a little bit?
Speaker 2: Sorry, good care less? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Really one, I know y'all don't care, so I'm wasting my breath and I don't either. But the way you're about to talk about something that does a lot of the audience. That does because it's currently happening.
Speaker 5: What percentage of our artists you think cares about this topic?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 6: Twenty NBA Finals start tonight. Yeah, I thought that was OKAC in Indiana play on ABC seven thirty in Oklahoma City tonight.
Speaker 5: This is the final, first game, this is this is the first game of the NBA Finals.
Speaker 2: You know thing I wish you would have done right there?
Speaker 5: I would have like I would have loved to have put one hundred on the table and Greg tell us who's in the NBA.
Speaker 2: I had no idea, God that I would not have in that crazy y'all don't care.
Speaker 5: So there was a time in my life where I kept up with it, even if I didn't watch it. I kept up with who was leading who. Yeah, I haven't watched a basketball game, and I don't know when right. I think I might go to watch George Strait before I before I would before I would watch an NBA final. Get crazy, unless you need to get some rest. But at least I'm getting some music. At least I'm watching some musicians. I mean, it's so you get a little nap.
Speaker 6: Little yeah, ok uh, tonight or last night, I should say the NHL Stanley Cup finals started.
Speaker 5: Okay, what what do you care less about the NBA Finals at the same.
Speaker 2: Time, Yes, it's always like that. It's weird. Who do you care less about? Greg? The ns? Right now?
Speaker 5: We got to watch one of them. We're gonna watch the Stanley Cup or we're gonna watch the NBA Finals. I think now I know nothing about hockey. I know more about basketball if you're familiar, and I know there's a lot of things about watching hockey. I have no idea what's happening, but I think I would use it as an opportunity to learn it, and I would go with hockey.
Speaker 6: Okay, I agree, it's a it's a it's a rematch. It's Florida and Edmonton in the finals. Still play for Edmonton, Greg, Oh, he doesn't. And I go, which team you're gonna mojoe this time?
Speaker 5: Speaking nobody's mojo and anybody.
Speaker 2: As the Dallas fans.
Speaker 6: I hate to say this to all the Dallas fans, uh, but the two best teams are in it right now. I mean Edmonton was better than Dallas and in that series it just was you could tell, will you please pick one? So Edmonton won an extra period, it took it took overtime and they won four three.
Speaker 5: Which team would you pick in the finals? I'm not you're still.
Speaker 2: In Dallas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably you got them, so I did. I got to see them.
Speaker 2: No, No, they wouldn't. They didn't let us score and j C didn't experience that hurt. They did not score a single point. Lee. Yeah, oh my goodness that you wanted to hear like, yeah, I love your son, I love you. Will never forget this moment I graduated college.
Speaker 5: Dad, Thanks, thanks for loving me, Thanks for sacrificing for me and leaving the box seats empty.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: So I know you don't care about those two, so we go. We're rolling through them another and you don't care about but a lot of people do. In the NCAA Men's Baseball Super Region.
Speaker 5: That's one of all this I care the most about. They're starting to start tomorrow Super Regional.
Speaker 2: I'm about a four Carol. Auburn is hosting for the first time.
Speaker 5: So far, you've hit me with a zero care, but I'm a four to five Carol list. I'll jump in when the series starts.
Speaker 6: Okay, Auburn is hosting for the first time in program history. The hosting coast of Carolina. Well, how about that war Eagle?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Uh, last night, this is this is this was a crazy game now, y'all don't care anything about it. But in the College Softball World Series, Texas and Texas Tech were playing Game one.
Speaker 5: This is now softball. Yep again again, I mean, of everything you've mentioned these last two, at least I give a looxie. Texas Tech their phenom?
Speaker 2: Is it Kennedy?
Speaker 5: I think is her their phenom?
Speaker 2: Picture?
Speaker 6: I think she's the first seven figure n IL softball player.
Speaker 2: Okay, but she is.
Speaker 6: She is unbelievable. She can throw in the seventies, she can hit it out of the ballpark at any time. She is the best college softball player. What you're walking around is it?
Speaker 2: Is it Nasee or not Kennedy? I believe.
Speaker 5: You said nase or Kennedy.
Speaker 2: It's her last name.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I thought you were one of those people person last Yearyeah, but you act like that. Does Hoby know how to again, y'all don't care. Does Hobby know how to say it? Hoby, please call us if you know how to say.
Speaker 2: Or I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I just nagerie, but I think everybody calls her nase. I don't know right now. It feels like I'm on a car out of control. So she is this phenom picture. They're up one nothing okay, uh over texted over Texas. You don't get in this over Texas. And and she's doing what she normally does. She's shutting people down. Okay, bringing Texas gets two on in the bottom of the sixth, and they're going to intentionally walk the girl that's up to bat. We got okay, first bases on, first bases open, there's owners at second and third, they're gonna walk the batter up uh to you know, I don't know the strategy behind it. If it's to create fource outs everywhere, I don't know how many outs were there were anything. And so they so, for the first time the entire season, they're gonna attempt to intentionally walk someone. They hadn't done it all year, and so they she does it three times. This is where the catcher catch this pitching. Yes, this is where the catcher stands up. And you know that, well, some people don't, Okay, I'm talking Toddler.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: And on the fourth pitch, uh, the ball went over over the plate. And and the Texas Longhorns batter uh hit Reese. The catchers the picture position a pitcher.
Speaker 7: Team is But I quit listening as an historical person because she is the first seven figure This girl is getting paid over a million dollars a year to play softball.
Speaker 5: I was saying, she's the first seven figure that is.
Speaker 2: That's a big deal too.
Speaker 9: So so it is.
Speaker 6: It is three to oh, and they're putting they're putting the batter on intentional based on balls and and she throws a kind of a strike on the outside part of the plate. She hits it to left field and Texas scores too and ends up when it was supposed to be a walk.
Speaker 2: Correct. Yes, that's why it's an intentional walk.
Speaker 5: She threw it right down.
Speaker 1: She sure did. Y.
Speaker 6: That's that's the best Moen game. That's Beth Mowen's on the call, by the way, right.
Speaker 5: Across the plate about how about the batter is paying attention?
Speaker 2: Sure is? Sure is series she.
Speaker 5: The picture makes eight hundred thousand more than her head coach.
Speaker 6: Uh and and cannot say right across your plate, Greg, Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Most right across the plate.
Speaker 5: Spiders when they're getting walked, they're relaxed, they're standing there, look around. But that that was you know, Kelly Leek did that bad news bar did he did at home And now, honestly though Kelly Leek had to reach more than that girl did, he did the picture just didn't throw it. She wouldn't accurate. Rick and I think the first time they did it, and you can tell Bingo alongs traveling all Stars and markings, I think the same thing happened and the squire Joe hit it.
Speaker 2: The ESPN story says sure that.
Speaker 6: That this was, according to them, the first attempt for based on ball's intentional Based on ball, you could tell for the Texas Tech and the Texas Longhorn batter. At Wood said she realized, uh what was going on and took advantage of an opportunity because I think one of the other balls that were throwing, she was pretty close.
Speaker 5: I could have got You don't want to hear Beth Mowens and slow mo oh was it sound like okay o one?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Almost made play it short?
Speaker 2: How about Beth Mowents on the call? Shoes went.
Speaker 6: So anyway, that wrapped up the fourth morning of Van John O't carry there about.
Speaker 2: The problem there is like they said, that's the only time they've done it all year. Yeah, yeah, they weren't. They weren't comfortable doing Yeah. Nigerie was used to throwing strides, not walsing the softball. Say fris call or not? Who cares?
Speaker 3: Du we care?
Speaker 2: These guys don't an they don't know.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. You listen up.
Speaker 2: Like lisay, you gotta find.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Well, here we go, America, brand new hours. Speedy, Greg and Adler here. Thank you for being here.
Speaker 5: Another shot at phones this hour. We may do that and you may open up eight eight eight six big box unscreen phone calls. Thank you for being with us.
Speaker 2: We'll hit that.
Speaker 5: Might look through some more emails this hour. We've got more stories for sure, as The.
Speaker 2: Rick Burgers Show starts a brand new hour.
Speaker 5: Now the archive from yesterday's Wednesday Bible Study available to you now America on our YouTube, our podcast channel. Job Chapter sixteenth coming up this weekend. Looking forward to the opportunity to head to Beautiful Seminole, Texas Simon win First Baptist Church have the men's event there on Saturday night and then on Sunday morning. I actually have been asked what I sit in and teach one of their small groups before the service, that we'll do that and then actually be preaching in the the main worship service as well. So if you want to find the details for that and you're in that area or roll over from Lubbock, you can go to themanchurch dot com look at Saturday and Sunday and the link you need is there to find out more. Because I don't I don't know all the details as far as does the men's thing some require tickets, some don't. I don't know what. You need to check that and see. But looking forward to being there, of course, you know, got to get there. Uh so that's hey, you know what I get to do on Saturday begin I think it's wise. I get to get up exactly the same time I get up every day. O. Right, So that's that's all right. And that hurts because usually about Wednesday in the in the Thursday and you start thinking about that Saturday morning, you go, hey, I got to come more days it comes Saturday. I get to sleep. You tell not him, I've got the valet thing taken care of, and this time I won't have a I won't have a weapon. Leave your gun at the house, leave my lie about it. Still think that should be on the website. I think think that's a pretty important change. Yeah, I don't know why you don't have it on that website. Tried to talk to somebody, couldn't get anywhere. It's I might as well have. I might as well been calling and saying I'd like for somebody to figure out how we can get a rocket to Mars. It didn't feel that complicated. I said, hey, you know, if you've changed the rule, so you probably when people are like signing up to get a reservation on the valet thing, you know, which takes a lot of hassle out and really doesn't cost that much more than being you know, stuck in when he else god forsaken parking decks, you know, for the for the weekend that you're gone. If if there, if you're not supposed to have a vehicle, uh that has a weapon in any part of it. I'd put that in the website so that people know when they get there there and they don't. They don't seem nobody cares about that. A little middle note of that. I just think that's big. I mean, if you change the rules, you should let everybody know, don't you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 6: However, however, if I know I'm going into a valet situation, I probably take the firearm out before ever go.
Speaker 5: But why well, but I mean with somebody, so, so what am I gonna do with it? You're gonna playing with it? No, I guess you'll leave it at home.
Speaker 2: But now now I'm not protected. Maybe I believe, maybe, maybe that you can get from.
Speaker 5: Your house to the report. I've been at work, I've been all. I've been on contemplations sometimes, I mean somebody, So I'm just gonna ride around and not be protected.
Speaker 2: I mean, who you bully the kid? Have you ever read our email? You do have the point? You ever checked social media? Good point?
Speaker 5: Me? Do have a good point there, brother, Seeing the world we're in right now, however, I look, I'm armed and ready. Well, however, here you have us protecting you and then you.
Speaker 2: That's comforting mostly met.
Speaker 5: Me mostly if he gets them on the grobody brings in a fritter about the time I've been attacked. Hey, how many we got left? I might go fretter today. Let's finish your let's finish. I'd like to talk to the audience about we look, we got it, y'all. Bring in a lot of carbs. I mean, we've got to have more protein. A little fibre wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Oh great now, and that's exactly what we need around here. Speaking of a seminole, wind.
Speaker 5: I bring a fruit cup by the way. I'm glad, I'm glad this this is funny. We're gonna take a look at it. I would like to tell everybody listen, everybody calm down on the baby app making everybody out to be babies.
Speaker 2: Funny.
Speaker 5: It's a lot too quick. I mean, people, you're obsessed with it. This is a funny one. Somebody said it, somebody's texted, but we now have it's put it on my story. Somebody's put us as babies, and that's funny. But I just want to say, overall the baby things getting overused. It is well, well, we're out of controling this baby thing. That's to the point now where some are some are really funny when they're singing or talking. Yes, I'm gonna tell you the funniest one is aunt Estra and Fred from San France.
Speaker 2: Son never sing you.
Speaker 5: Talk about funny. But there we are as babies. So is this what we would look like with as babies?
Speaker 11: Say?
Speaker 2: Do we ever really know that?
Speaker 5: That's not what I like when I was a baby.
Speaker 2: Much? Greg?
Speaker 5: I think you're pretty dialed in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Adler's eyes.
Speaker 5: Wow, here is about his thick speedy. It looks like you're it's the same picture. Yeah, okay, right, you know he claims it's a bad picture.
Speaker 2: He's still bad.
Speaker 5: Right, those eyes are open. I can tell you that.
Speaker 2: But you think that why do you think.
Speaker 5: That's a bad I think that's a great picture in it. No, I think it's like No, that little boy looks like he's very aware of that.
Speaker 2: Really does look like baby, Greg, Yeah, it does. It really does baby Speedy.
Speaker 5: Of course he's over greeting in the picture, of course, Andler. Baby Adler has a has a goatee.
Speaker 2: Why why don't you have a beard? Rick, I don't know. That's a great question. The glasses did carry over. That's funny.
Speaker 5: I like for our picture, man, I'm sorry that looks like Speedy.
Speaker 1: It really does a lot.
Speaker 5: Loud of us ourselves the way we really are.
Speaker 2: That I don't.
Speaker 11: Can't you.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying it looks like me. What's wrong with you?
Speaker 6: That's the only thing that is the same. I mean you need to sell something. I think you're a little feisty.
Speaker 5: Right right here, stroll down and look at Speedy the adult than Speedy the baby. That's the different, same person, the same person. But again here we go speed. He doesn't have his goatee. I don't have my go te Rick doesn't have his full beard, but Adler has a goate isn't that interesting.
Speaker 2: That AI is artificially intelligent?
Speaker 12: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: I didn't know you were a little cross eyed at I'm not right that right one, cross that right guy.
Speaker 7: Looking at the picture where you all look thirty years younger, And then I look like I pooped in my pants.
Speaker 2: And that's fine. It's everywhere. We're putting it on posters and billboards and websites. It's fine.
Speaker 5: Your right eyes looking at the tip of the nose just a little, a little. It's not a cross side. He just got an eye with the mind of its own. Yeah, it ain't like you can see the chicks in the backyard from the front porch.
Speaker 2: It ain't one of those.
Speaker 6: But it's slight you're talking about like when kits a little, a little out of groove.
Speaker 2: Rick, It's not, it's not.
Speaker 5: It's not in group kind of like a kitchen, a kitchen count kitchen hanging.
Speaker 3: Go this far.
Speaker 5: If it was one of my tires, I'm not going into good worked on just yet.
Speaker 3: But I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like.
Speaker 5: It's not haling quite like. I'm as long as I keep mans on the steering where I can keep it straight.
Speaker 2: Like what it feels you do you think I was blinking a contact out or something. It's just not good you media. I need to get that looked up. But not today, not today.
Speaker 3: We make it work.
Speaker 5: It's handler looks like somebody was trying to be funny and he's given him charity, but like with his face like oh.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, gracious.
Speaker 5: Speaking of bits for the bits for the show, you had a good idea during the break on a bitch you want to do on the show.
Speaker 7: Okay, somehow the way you're looking at me, I think we could get away with ripping on the air.
Speaker 2: I think that we could. What are you talking about? Why would we do?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 5: I think there's some against it.
Speaker 2: Some of that, isn't it.
Speaker 5: The bodily functions or something on there? You know what, I've never read that part. I don't know what I mean to trying to live it.
Speaker 2: Have you ever done that, by the way, I've seen it done to put that on the wheel.
Speaker 5: If somebody lands on the wheel, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: Can anybody here?
Speaker 7: I thank on command, And I'm just saying, if there's an opportunity for anybody, I think you should take it.
Speaker 2: I think you should take that opportunity. I think it's funny, wait funny, No matter what, I always if it's a serious subject, never not funny. It's even funnier.
Speaker 5: It's a serious never not funny, you know it isn't I'm just saying that, I think we should leave that door open.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that was your idea. Yes, that's my idea for the show. All right, thank you, Eric, thanks for sharing. It could be And so next week we're going on to joke seventeen year old. It'd be great. So what during a setup for bringing more attention to the Bible set.
Speaker 1: It would This is the Rick Burgess Show. In a world that embraces mediocrity. They are Thriving the wick but show what.
Speaker 2: About it America? Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: You have you have?
Speaker 2: You got your name registered. I hope the show hunt Jack has So what do I mean?
Speaker 5: Well, North Alabama teaming up with the Rick Burgess Show with the Ultimate North Alabama Hunting road Trip. Come see sweet Home Alabama, Alabama the beautiful and if you would love to go hunt some deer man we got you. Set up our friends at Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association. They have put together this hunting road trip at Willow Oak Lodge in beautiful North Alabama. It's free range hunting. It's two days and of course you get to all your meals and lodging including included in that as well. Willow Oak manages several thousand acres of land for free range hunting. And you'll have an opportunity at the buck of a lifetime, so you will be responsible if you win. To be sure you have all the necessary licenses and you got abide by the laws of the Great State of Alabama. One buck allowed a day. You have to follow anything involving baiting laws or anything like that. You must use it in one calendar year and it is non transferable. If you want somebody to go with you, then they can go and stay at the lodge I think for one hundred and fifty a night something like that. Alabama Roadtrips dot com Alabama roadtrips dot com, or go to Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors or you can use the contest button as well. So we've got all this going on right now, which is great. This has been a lot of fun. Completely overwhelmed in a good way with a response to the book Men Don't Run in the Rain. Love it, Thank y'all so much, and the PR team that has been hired to help get the book out there, and it's doing really really well all over the country. Again, we're sharing Dad with people who never knew him, as what we hope would happen, and it is happening. But this is also you know, this involves being on various shows and doing things, and I've had a great experience, but you know, we have one coming up next week that's going to complicate our lives. It's a booger. It's a booger, and that is the seven hundred Club. So they'll they'll they'll call and they'll ask and there's a lot to do, but because of their pros, they want to do a good job. It's I'm on to attempt to do the show with you guys for the majority of the show on Tuesday, the tenth will be here vox seat people. I'm so sorry, but the guys will be here. I can't be responsible for your experience. You won't give them n I won't be here to oversee it. I wonder if speed you just might want to rup because then he's got he's got to give for himself and me. Now he's accustomed to giving for you.
Speaker 6: I have to give you to the people that come to see time, and sometimes I have to give a little bit for addler. But he kind of comes in strong towards the end. He does right towards the end, he gives it to him.
Speaker 5: Give a month, you know the last fifteen minutes you just well, you not accurate. Was the day you were trying to give an encouraging the kid that lost lost the couraging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not what this segments about.
Speaker 6: Everybody got even halfway through his encouragement.
Speaker 2: He even was giving up on it. Sometimes you try, tell you what trying, things get.
Speaker 5: Knocked down, You get back up titters, never segments about winners, never quit, get back on that horsequitters, never win.
Speaker 2: We miss the shots you don't take son. Oh that's good, that's what a good one. But he was in that tone. He was trying to honestly want to kid, he really did, like.
Speaker 6: He was so serious, and then you started making fun of him while he was talking on this show.
Speaker 5: Listen on this show, in this group before this is the only place you can be the one doing the right kind thing and be the target, you know what I mean, not the people who aren't doing it, the one who's actually doing.
Speaker 2: The right thing, who's trying to do the right thing. In that situation, not one of us thought that it.
Speaker 5: Was going well, including the kid, right, so that we didn't have anybody who thought it was going well.
Speaker 6: And that whole scenario, the kid was uncomfortable because he played basketball and he lost one.
Speaker 5: I thought the kid was going to try to start encouraging Hey man, it's all right, I'm gonna be honestly.
Speaker 2: The kid got a little manner and he shut up. He might have won it in this fun the wheel and got like, be Mowens, what.
Speaker 5: Don't you why don't you why just I you realize we put that thing up and had a nice little bog we get a little off subjects. So you're gonna be on PTL Okay, no, it's not pt O, it's seven hundred Club.
Speaker 12: Of course.
Speaker 5: It's hilarious when I think about myself when the seven hundred Club would be on, like it are Memos House. But anyway, so they're they're they're a big time operation and they want everything done right, a lot of pre interviews, all this, Well, they'll they'll ask for pictures.
Speaker 2: Did you how was that they need?
Speaker 5: They gonna put you in that mix? Yep, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: So anyway, did you run the list?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Rick, I don't know if you have the teeth to fit in. Probably not.
Speaker 5: There's good smiles of that, Greg, could you do me?
Speaker 2: Afraid that's a compliment.
Speaker 5: Say, well, you're gonna be sitting in here and I'm actually and I'm actually gonna be there. Okay, you'll be here with all your commentary and then I'm gonna be there facing it. Okay.
Speaker 2: Which one is your brother? Yeah, I'm sorry? Sorry?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they were asking for pictures. Now look in the world of efficiency. Oh please tell me you sent the turtle neck. No in the world, in the world of efficiency. I just want to get this off my plate, okay. And I'm at home and then I've got the PR people saying, hey, we need these pictures. So they're requesting it from me. They're asking for pictures, and they had very specific lists of the pictures they wanted. They wanted some pictures of Dad obviously. Now, of course I didn't realize they going to ask a picture of Dad at every stage of his life. Okay, and those are hard to find, and but but I gave him what I had. Then they wanted some pictures here. And then all of a sudden, this is when I knew it, and I thought, I just need to get this done, and I hope that I can pull the y'all. Y'all know what I'm about to talk about. They want a picture of the family. So I go through and I go please. All of a sudden, I was down there in my office. I wouldn't bother nobody. Sherry Watson, what are you doing. I'm just taking care of stuff, you know from one of the interviews, and do next week that I need to pay bills and do stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Why are you.
Speaker 5: What are you looking at? You said you got your photos out? I do, But what what do you send them? They asked for pictures? You're not qualified, and I'm like, oh no, yeah, I'm just sending some pictures of dad.
Speaker 2: Is that all they want? Just pictures of your dad? When you want to lie?
Speaker 12: Uh? Do that?
Speaker 5: I was sending and I'm just sending pictures and dad and stuff and what do you mean and stuff? What else did they want? Do they want a family picture? And then she you know, you do what they can. They can just sense it, you know, Uh, you were gonna be the one pigging baby, I've got family, piers. Let me have your phone, and I thought, up there go yep, just I was almost done. I mean I was one picture away of having this done. And then they look just scrolling up. I'm gonna have to get my phone. And then how many times you go that one's a good one. I'm like, baby, that these are pictures? I think you like, h have you already sent one? I have not sent one? Okay, well you can't send that one?
Speaker 2: Whatever? What what about that?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: What what is wrong with me? I can't believe.
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 5: What did you send this one. Be sure you're looking at everybody has made a good picture. Everybody. There's a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be hard.
Speaker 5: And so I said, baby, that's just what I said. Baby, Let's just find one you you're good with. And then the rest of us have just lived with it, like six minutes, like Adler did with our promotional picture, and and so so so eventually, eventually, eventually, I mean I was so close to this being off the plate. Uh we we we we got a picture that she still harndon. Now how many minutes she did it add to the project?
Speaker 2: Fifteen? Oh well, that's pretty good, you guys, fifteen to twenty.
Speaker 5: At one point, I'll tell you this, maybe I'm losing time because at one point I left. I went and started keeping around the house and start paying, start just messing with stuff.
Speaker 2: The long fifty. I went out one time. One time I was out in the yard.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, I believe you that you've got the front of yard game back in so so that's going to be on the next week.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show in a world that has gone nuts, they are here to well, to point it up, the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: Having a blast as always, thank you America for being with us today.
Speaker 2: So from text Nation, let's see what we got. Rick, when will you be on Morning Joe with Joe Scarborough.
Speaker 5: You know what's interesting, Way back when Bubba and I were doing the Rick and Bubba Show and we did that book deal with Thomas Nelson, Bubba and I were all Morning Joe back when he was normal. He was like really normal, and he was conservative or at least moderate. But that's before that crazy woman came in there and made him crazy. I mean, he was talking about Bama football and I mean we were having we had a good time with him, and he was very complimentary of the show, and then all of a sudden, that crazy woman came in there and made him crazy, and he just kind of lost his mind and started looking like Jimmy Newtron. Yeah yeah, I about the hair that was his head that seems to get longer and longer, and I've got a long face, but I think I think Scarborough he's got more.
Speaker 2: Forehead than I do.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, wears that hair. But what happened, I mean, that woman just made him crazy. Story's oldest time grip. All right, come back down. Then somebody said I was listening to the show and I heard you guys saying something about when dad hung up that light there right there, Yeah, you're good, and said, you said your dad put up a booger lot. What in the world's a booger lot? I've never heard of that in my life. How do you not know what a booger lot is?
Speaker 2: Person?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean he lights up in the area that's a little shady, so you don't get nobody. The bookwear doesn't get you, that's right. Boogers coming up, Yeah, you don't. You don't want a boogwear coming out. So that light on, you can see him out there by the dog pin in the woods.
Speaker 2: That's right. You know you don't do that.
Speaker 5: I'm a little surprised at that. A lot of people put them on the Transformer poles. They come on and everybody's happy. Look, let's face it, now that we have all these streaming apps and podcasts and YouTube.
Speaker 2: We're starting to bring a lot of Northerners.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got no idea what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 5: They got to learn a couple of a couple of Yanks coming in. I'm sorry, ladies. Good news for you today from a health standpoint. Speaking of talking about ladies and so, and I'm very thankful for my wife for helping us pick out the perfect family picture to sin and that that little thing they do where they take the three fingers and they and they make the picture coming closer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, I've been there, Greg, and I've been together, and I know it's just why in every family, so we're not unique. We'll have a kid's birthday party, Thanksgivings Eve when those things that a lot of times will bring the whole bunch together.
Speaker 2: I mean it's I mean, the hen house is full.
Speaker 5: And we'll just take a picture and we'll stand around, they'll all, they'll all just they'll start passing around. Oh, what's wrong with me? Why am I even in that picture? Rick Burgess, you better not post that, you know, and all that starts. Remember the night we were at the ballgain Oh, and we were getting someone, a stranger to take it, and they kept making her retake.
Speaker 2: It and she didn't even know us.
Speaker 5: Oh no, Lisa and Sherry, that poor person, that poor person. We were like, we haken one more. They wanted one more, and I begged them. I said, y'all, please take it from here everybody else. No, don't don't ask, don't back up so much. Come in closer. No, you're too close. I mean take it again.
Speaker 6: You just need the heart or favorite all the ones that she's approved and make a file just that. I've started doing that, but you know whatever, you just go to that and go to that file and preapproved.
Speaker 2: For some of y'all.
Speaker 5: Honestly, when it comes to our wives, I mean, I know it seems like we post the same picture because we do. Yeah, they only give us about four you know, I mean for the rest of our lives. Yeah, I mean, and so you better not post one and not get it the worst you ever get that? Did you post that when they get going to each other about it? You posted it last time? No I didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did. And then see, oh they'll do that right where it is, have fight amongst them himselves.
Speaker 5: I'm not taking any more pictures all they'll start that. And my all time favorite and my favorite to get is Leelee and my sister those two. Chandler doesn't care. I don't care. I do it to Chandler and she thinks it's funny. Okay, if there's ever a bad one, I'm talking about where we all agree it's bad. Yeah, and Lisa will start or my sister Chandler doesn't care. I just do it to her to get a laugh, and they'll start saying, don't don't you dare post that. I keep sending it to them like I've posted it and have some weird look on their face, text me all camps.
Speaker 2: You better not.
Speaker 5: And uh, that's that's one of my favorites. And the worst they look in it, the more I start through it. Yeah, yeah, what's wrong on my face? I said, Oh, I should have posted that. I didn't even look at you. I looked at everybody else as far as you look good.
Speaker 6: I forget when it was okay, it is all right on my Instagram, it's November twenty ninth, twenty nineteen. Wow you you you going back and found it and I posted this on Halloween, Halloween, good night, spitty. I'm thinking thirteen working days hard on Thanksgiving and it's everybody in the picture. May everybody everybody in the picture has a bad look on their face.
Speaker 2: On purpose? Yes?
Speaker 6: No, no, they were taking multiple pictures and at that moment, every there's nothing nobody.
Speaker 2: In the picture. When did you post this?
Speaker 5: I just like, hey you happy, happy things, and it's a it's a post.
Speaker 9: That I have.
Speaker 6: I did on Instagram in twenty nineteen in Thanksgift for Thanksgiving and twenty it didn't go.
Speaker 5: Over well, but I mean, let me chase up. You've only got two people looking at the camera.
Speaker 2: That's only two.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think my mom or dad had just had surgery. They were they were out of it. Please love, so it's worth.
Speaker 1: He's looking down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking I think Terry's looking at me. The boyangs hun. Yeah, my mom's done.
Speaker 6: And my dad, of course he doesn't know where we are, you know, as far as where the camera person is John, John and radc. They're making way for the dog.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: Lenn and Mark, my sister and brother in law. He's looking down like just please let this get over with and Lenn's directing everybody.
Speaker 5: It's just it's just a precious pit. When I saw that, that's funny. One of my one of my favorites is suppose we were out, we were on some we were on some hot somewhere and you know how you just don't know what you're gonna capture when you're firing a bunch of shots.
Speaker 2: So the boys.
Speaker 5: You know, Sherry's standing up in a tree and the boys are standing around her, and they've got their kind of arm around here, around her knees or whatever, and all of a sudden she lost her balance just a minute. By the time, I was thinking, who and I called it in the middle like a staff pictures, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, are just describing the staff picture. No, it's not that bad.
Speaker 5: So anyway, uh so, ladies, here's good news. You know, this is this ongoing stuff. Look, I know, hey, Ada, I appreciate your passion for making America healthy again.
Speaker 2: RFK all that.
Speaker 5: The problem is we never can stick to what we say is good and bad throughout your lifetime. These things just keep changing, all right. Do you remember when they tried to say that coffee, Hey, watch the coffee now, yeah, watch coffee. I'm in trouble if coffee and eggs probably been mistreated as much as anything have. I've never seen anybody be treated the way eggs have been treated. Hey, egg, white people, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Eat the eggs, Eat the whole letter and eggs. No, it wasn't crap.
Speaker 5: If you're if you're in the audience, and my wife's gonna love hearing this daily coffee drinking linked to major health benefit major in women. Oh sorry, greg as day age a popular thing that women love to do in the morning. And like I said, Sherry was a coffee drinker the whole time we've known each other. I'm new to coffee drinking. Now, why I'm close now to almost fifteen years in now, But first fifteen years of our marriage didn't. I didn't drink coffee, and she loved it and all this. So now this is research from you know who long knows how much longer they'll be in business, Harvard University when the war with Trump. But anyway, they followed, Hey, this is a big sample, fifty thousand women from It's it's a over a thirty year period, and they found that drinking coffee every morning could help women stay mentally sharp and physically strong later in life. Healthy aging was tied to regular coffee, but not in men.
Speaker 2: Not in men.
Speaker 5: Well that, greg, I said, this is good news for women today. But you would, thinking that it was good for them, it'd be good for me.
Speaker 2: I would say that, yeah, surely.
Speaker 5: I mean, so, ladies, don't let anybody give you a hard time about your coffee yeah. Now, now some of y'all, they don't say drinks that you call coffee. It's talking about coffee. Now you add coffee, coffee, not this thing. We don't even know what it is that you're drinking that you call coffee. Yeah, we're talking about We're talking about straight up coffee.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now it doesn't say and hear anything about it has.
Speaker 2: To be black.
Speaker 5: You know, you can't put a lot of sugar, but you know you can't put a lot of stuff in there?
Speaker 2: Are we?
Speaker 3: Are?
Speaker 6: We rare that we like ours just black? Because somebody said, hey, you want some coffee, So how do you want it?
Speaker 2: Just black?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Are we?
Speaker 5: I'd like to say, I'd like to say I did that because I'm like Greg. I did it because I got sick and tired of trying to put anything else in.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: Just give me a cup of coffee, let me start drinking. Does it taste better the other way?
Speaker 2: Yet?
Speaker 5: It does, it does, But I just don't like all that in it.
Speaker 2: I right and deal with it.
Speaker 5: I can just grab that pot poor and be done with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a black guy. Now, well, are you really so you're all black?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 7: You are?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm down with that homes. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, So anyway, healthy age for women tied to drinking coffee, how about that?
Speaker 2: Right? That's pretty good, Greg. That means it's somewhat good for us, That's what I'm saying. I mean, it can't be bad for us. Maybe then what a settle there? Ain't bad for you? You know, I'm sure to overdue, is I mean? The capping could maybe give you a heart problem. You go crazy like I'm crazy. Actually give you a stronger heart because it beats faster. I don't know if that's right. Probably not. We'll take that up. Yeah, we'll take your phone calls. Next.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: James Brown is.
Speaker 1: Okay? Are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show? Who eight eight eight six big bucks?
Speaker 2: Here we go on screen phone calls.
Speaker 5: America's ready, time to speak, little roll through on action packs, one after the other, and we get as many in as you can. Let's get started, Rick Bird, just show hello, you're on unscreen phone calls?
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, I don't know if this was a dress yesterday, but that blouse was wearing yesterday looks like he was celebrating Pride month.
Speaker 2: Hey, have you ever heard blouse that was? That was a normal shirt?
Speaker 5: Now, I don't would it be more embarrassing to wear it or to get beat up by the guy who was working.
Speaker 2: Don't go there. Meet me at the face, Meet me at the face. You know I'm a big man. On screen phone call.
Speaker 9: I.
Speaker 2: Got to look this up. I do too.
Speaker 5: What I got to get wrong with that shirt?
Speaker 2: What I've worn that before? What's wrong with that shirt? The diamonds on it? Like sparklely diamonds, diamonds. I'm messing with you. No, no, it's a fine shirt.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks for putting up the Bible statue making fun of.
Speaker 2: A good choice for this month I had quick access to.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, should you really make fun of them? I'm pent sure that has a Bible verus across.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I shouldn't noticed, Greg.
Speaker 5: If it's not a solid color, you make fun now. I don't dislike color, I mean I don't. I noticed flashy Okay, fast fashionista. Okay, I got five shares with different colors. This one style, every other that good like every other super old man. Yeah, we continue Rick Burgess show. On screen phone calls go ahead, like liber.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 11: Hey, I got a dilemma for Greg. All right, So y'all were talking about going to the finals games, the championship games. So your two favorite teams are playing in the championship game. Somebody gives you tickets. Would you still go? If George Strait was performing at a halftime?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, because that's limited. He mean't gonna give me one song?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, if I got to sit through a two hours show, different story. But you can't go to concessions. You have to sit there at half time. I can get it to you and get it.
Speaker 2: You can do that. I could do that. I want to.
Speaker 5: I want to bring a point about you. YEA one more thing on the shirt. I don't think a shirt can be made fun of if it's come through the studio several times successfully and no one ever made fun of it. Now, God tells you to make fun of it and then you're in. I don't think that counts if I can every time i'm because I know there's one shirt you ridicule, ridicule every time I wear it, so that means that shirt's got a problem. But if I've come through here successfully with the shirt on and then all of a sudden, you go, you double back and make it a bad shirt. I don't think you can do that. That's a good point, especially if I spent five hours with it, right do you have you spend multiple shows with it?
Speaker 2: Do y'all have shirts you wear only outside of here? Yes?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah. I play golf in a couple that I'd never have worn here. Yeah, oh yeah, because I got it. I'm like Adler. I got a whole different life away from here. There's so much more freedom with you guys. Without you there, you know, you can you can try new things, put on clothes, wear certain hats, you know, fix your hair certain ways.
Speaker 2: I will say this, that's a good one.
Speaker 5: You played shuffle board after the show yesterday, and it does look like when everybody's out of the old people try and get exercise. Okay, and when I'm sixteen years old, it's an appropriate shirt what I'm saying, Yeah it was, but it was okay, okay, golf. Don't made me pull out the pictures of me in France with it. Well, they probably fit in there. They love me there. That's where I saw Jesse Palmer.
Speaker 2: That was awesome. That's right. Where'd you get that shirty notice shirt.
Speaker 6: Here's what I would like to don't have to be on a Vox Seats seat day. I would like for all of us to go, Okay, tomorrow, we're all wearing a shirt that we're worried about and we've never worn here, and we all wear it on.
Speaker 5: The same time. Think I got I got one that Greg will just we have to wear it on the that was that was big, Rick, So it's gonna be big on the Well, we won't have what.
Speaker 6: I'm saying is on the vox seats. We won't have to take pictures in it and all that. Just on that day, every staff member wear a shirt that we have not worn here yet. There's one every shirt he owns today, he's got one who's got a hole in the sleeve like you would.
Speaker 2: It's okay. His is different.
Speaker 5: He don't wear feminine shirts. He wears t shirts that he wore when he was like twelve, and they're faded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is fine because look the hole is on the it's not on the camera side. It looks like literally the Yardian I've seen him wear that before.
Speaker 7: Can I say this to you, this is the shirt that I was wearing when I went to jiu jitsu that day for the very first time, and I got my shirt snagged on the door as I'm walking away, new.
Speaker 2: First dude jiu jitsu, and then I'm in the door.
Speaker 5: Everybody's looking at me, and I know I've said this, but that means the door handle his shoulder had.
Speaker 2: It's a push. It's a push one. That's it's how that's how high. It's not a door handled like on your your like on your room.
Speaker 5: They said on the Burgess bast Battle that Adam was talking about how me he was while standing next to a fence. It was four feet do you can clearly say on the fence behind?
Speaker 7: I thought, leads Well, at least I have hair and my skin fits and I don't have diabetes.
Speaker 15: That's true the left, that's true.
Speaker 5: Still wore that shirt again, even though I think we made fun of you last time.
Speaker 2: We did well. It's not on the camera side. It doesn't matter. I know you have more clothes. It's got a hole limit.
Speaker 5: If I could just say Adler for you, and that coming from us, this is a big statement because there's nobody here that you want to follow on fashion, I'd like to to see you try harder, a little more effort. The Smoothie King's upgrade is the one you got it and it's barely hanging out. I'm not even telling you to stop T shirts. Just maybe a current T shirt, something new, yeah, yeah, something, Just try harder, some person dancing.
Speaker 2: I'm trying as hard as I can. Guys, that's all I got. That's not all you got. I wore a pink Floyd shirt earlier this week.
Speaker 5: It seemed to like that, Oh that's for Sunday, all right, So we continue Rick Burger's show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Rick and Greg.
Speaker 11: I was thinking about you your dad the other day out of the baseball game, and uh.
Speaker 9: There was an old man out there, and I just want to let y'all know he was rocking the cardboard in the hat.
Speaker 5: But hey, let me say, I've never said when dad took a stand on something, continuing the conversation was just a waste that he think that carboy went. So we're staying there, Rick, I said, didn't know. It doesn't You don't for shipping because that keeps sweat off of it, keeps it keeps the form in shipping. Yeah right, Uh, so we continue Rick Birder's Show, unscreened phone calls, Go ahead, you're on the show.
Speaker 12: Hey guys, Hey Steedy stady man. I'm sorry that you got your feelings heard yesterday.
Speaker 2: Uh that kind of bothered me. Kind of makes you thank Rick, thanks us worth one hundred bucks just to get rid of you. That's good.
Speaker 5: We can pick up on that. No, No, I just knew we could raising talk. I had to pay to get here so I could get through a couple of topics. Rick Birder's Show, unscreen phone.
Speaker 12: Like he's got a food hard memory. It won't let him see that she walked.
Speaker 2: All right, whole hard memory, George String, Yeah, I didn't have.
Speaker 5: I let almost a whole whole chorus go last time, and I'm like just a little short of this time. Yeah, just Rick Birder Show on scring phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 12: I will ask you two quick questions. Whenever it's just y'all ride by yourselves between you and the good Lord, do y'all ever just listen to music? But y'all talk about how y'all hate h on the show. But I just picture Greg singing, Aha, take on me, like getting all the you know, I'm just going on me.
Speaker 2: Worst song ever made, worst song.
Speaker 5: I hate that song, that song, that song, that song that that song is a fireable offense.
Speaker 2: But you could sing it and you know the lyrics. Hate that song. I do like that song. Songs like that weaves covered. There are songs that I heard, a song that I leave on the radio.
Speaker 5: I'd never let y'all know.
Speaker 2: So sad, it's it's pretty hardest beating.
Speaker 7: I was why talking when it goes to the halftime, when he goes to be gone and then it goes back to the full beat in an air or two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good songs.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 2: So sad.
Speaker 5: See I'm talking music.
Speaker 2: I hear you. You're talking bad music. Yea different music. It's just different music.
Speaker 5: No, I mean I like some pop songs. That's just not a good one. Name one pop song. You like one pop song I like. You might be shocked that I can listen to Paddle of the Airways. Here is my request, And that's about as dumb as song as.
Speaker 2: There is the airwaves. Let's say I was a kid and I loved I loved being in I thought about being on the radio.
Speaker 5: So I thought it was shocked to listen to it. And I pictured myself being the person that was singing.
Speaker 1: About here's the Rick Burgess Show. You better listen up.
Speaker 3: You know what we say.
Speaker 2: As I'm in a tell.
Speaker 5: Gotta find use.
Speaker 1: Broadcasting from the real world, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being with us, America.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Our number is an eight day to eight, the number six Big Box. You can text us on the same exact number. So we have a lot to do again this I were we thank you for being with us, and we got the stories to cover and maybe another opportunity for you to join us.
Speaker 2: Always fun to hear from you as well.
Speaker 5: Okay, so from the text nation, have this question earlier, and we just did that last hour. Why did y'all go to unscreened phone calls? Well, we talked about that a little bit. It's really running a lot better the old system, you know. I mean, if you had a full time call screener that you had in there and you know, they got a check and you said, look, you stay here, and you stay on this phone for all five hours and you answer every single call, and you and when you there there's a good when you screen it up and you let us know, then you know it might not make sense. But when you're talking about, you know, a four man team, and then you give up somebody to go screen phone calls, and honestly, just being completely real, none of us are call screeners. We're all call takers. And so then somebody calls and they say, hey, Greg, is that you? Well you been doing so Then Greg, trying to be nice, gets bogged down with this person. Well, now the phones are ringing while he's talking to them. These people get tired of it ringing. Then then when you went from having five calls that we're trying to get in and now you just have the one that's still talking to Greg. Then Greg puts him on hold or her on hold, then the cause have stopped because they think nobody's gonna answer, and and it just really we found ourselves getting very few people on the air and most of the you know, in finding really good calls. So this actually has worked a lot better think because it's quick, it's it's action. You know you're calling. We're not staying on with anybody too terribly long, where you know, it's all uh, and everybody's.
Speaker 2: It seems like it is.
Speaker 5: I mean I may have gone I think I'm kind of there's I don't even see how this is possible, because it can't be going to that format. Maybe this phone system, has it been upgraded lately or something.
Speaker 2: I don't because.
Speaker 5: Because also the quality of the call itself, and not talking about the content, the sound, the sound of it. They sound so much better now than they than. What's this weird? And I don't even I don't even know what to credit that to. Maybe maybe super time the engineer knows. Maybe, so maybe I did something. I know he changed out some of the stuff on the board. Maybe that's the No, it was before that. I've been noticing that for week. Yeah, well, I mean he mentioned Tom, he did. I like to see Tom leave it like you found it. But yeah, I mean, but he thank you Tom for all you did, and he upgraded these things over here. Man, it spent a long time, he did, and he looks up.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Do you want it? You want to feel?
Speaker 5: He found a full meal in the cracks of all that.
Speaker 2: That's not true stuff.
Speaker 5: I don't eat over here much.
Speaker 2: A lot of granola, he said, and that is almond milk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my wife is threatening to take me off granola because she said, you find it everywhere. I tried something that granola in there is pretty good.
Speaker 2: Well, well, well milk, you want to wear a shirt, I got one for you. This is the right month to that. It's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I ain't gonna bit it or nothing. But if I was like starving to death, then they said, look all we got is granola. I said, you know we mark things we don't know about, don't we. Yeah, but I'm not gonna walk around. We make fun of things. I'm not going to put almond milk in it together. I'm not doing that. I didn't know I asked you to do that. I tell you what I'm mad about.
Speaker 2: I put it.
Speaker 5: I put a whole the whole milk. And there are two times I've done that, and nobody's naker drop.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 2: I was out of Cereal, so I had Syrian a long time. But the but no, I don't know.
Speaker 5: But one of the things, if you want to feel bad for Tom, if you will feel real bad for Tom the engineer, do you know what he has to do Monday? Yes, he's gonna sit down with me, Yes, and get me, get me versed on the equipment I'm taking to Virginia to do the show you take with you. We thought about that one time.
Speaker 6: The good thing about it is probably sure the base unit you used for the Regions show, so you're gonna have some some you know, familiarity with it.
Speaker 2: I can't say that word, but I know this. You didn't really like it.
Speaker 5: You know, I just couldn't see some of it.
Speaker 2: I did made you mad? No, it didn't make me mad.
Speaker 5: I was, yeah, I was mad early, Yeah, because I thought to myself when I was working at it, you know, the run through, I could see everything.
Speaker 2: Now I can't see everything, you.
Speaker 9: Know, right, you know?
Speaker 5: Then all that, Yeah, but then you start getting all that. Hey buddy, they're doing their junk. I know, but that's what they're here for. He's pegging you gotta watch you gotta watch the meters. And I'm like, well, if I could see them, I would back.
Speaker 6: You didn't like you don't like it? And then if we don't tell them, no, know what I'm saying, bladdering, then what we do?
Speaker 2: No, I got you.
Speaker 5: But what I'm talking about is you didn't you know, I know where you are to run through. It's not like this set up.
Speaker 6: You want it to sound a certain way, and your headphones. It if not, you can't feel it, and you were afraid you weren't gonna be able to fill the show.
Speaker 5: Well, in that particular situation, I couldn't see the meters when we did the run through. That particularly when this wasn't involved. Right here, this wasn't involved. So we did the run through. It was set right in front of me, so I can see the meters. But when we got in again, when we got up, when we got on the field for the game, which we got to have this this is in play, and that's well over here, and then this is me, I'm like a turkey picking off the log getting heated again. So I'm down.
Speaker 2: Know where my problem is.
Speaker 5: I know how to operate radied once I'm connected. Tom keeps showing me how to connect with them that and I just I can't. I can't quite pay attention. I got you, I can't quite get it. It's gonna be easy, it really is. It's right with it, right with this part I keep trying to get I'll think about it, and I said out here, I'm going so say it's pretty simple, and I can't tell him, I mister missed it.
Speaker 6: I was thinking about you're just gonna click on something. You're going to be amazed how easy this is.
Speaker 5: That goes so right here now when you get ready to click this and then I'm probably need stump and picked it up on the Oh gosh, yeah, said that's it. Say there we're connected, Yeah, and that's it. And I just can't say, Tom, Tom, I didn't see how we connected so so so on that note. The reason why I'm doing this for time, he asked me. He said, Now does it bother you that we're going to test it like I ride for the show before you go to the plane.
Speaker 2: I said, no, No, for me, that's best. You don't want me doing it like today.
Speaker 5: You forgot you have a podcast interview Monday.
Speaker 2: That's fine. Do you think he's good time? Good time?
Speaker 5: I didn't tell Tom that. I think I think I'm supposed to get to the plane and I'm supposed to fly okay some time, and I'll do it right after the show.
Speaker 2: We'll do that.
Speaker 5: We'll do it that part, then I'll do the podcast. Then I'll go the airport.
Speaker 6: He needs to understand the way you have to let's do it. You called me right now, do it on your own and that step back and go you do everything.
Speaker 2: No, that is right, you're right.
Speaker 5: Instead of showing if you did that, let me tell you if he if he did that, right now, don't you quick worried about stop Greg he is He's already showed me honestly, at least three times. Okay, And and let me tell you Phels right now, if he walked in and asked me to do that, it would be like that day I was sitting in Troy. It was called Troy State then, and I thought to myself, you remember filling the blank. Please don't let it be filling the blank, because if they give me a fill in the blank test, that means I have to know the material. If they'll let it be multiple choice, some sort of matching thing, I'll even take an essay question. I can I can, you know, kind of fumble through that I can do something. Do not let it be feeling the I hate to tell everybody out there, teachers everywhere, please, this is how you need to.
Speaker 2: Know whether we know it.
Speaker 5: But I'm out of school. I can be done with this. The only way you really know if people know the material is filling the blank.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, go on it.
Speaker 5: How many students that I just ruined. You say, look, and so you know right now would be like filling the blank. All right, birch, connect you want you to connect.
Speaker 6: You know what I've done with him before is I will stop him and go I will never forget this. Hang on and I'll get my phone out and I'll actually record. Okay him Textnations says I should do that.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I go, yeah, I do that all the time. I've even done it with Adler when he's shown this stuff in there when he's not going to be here, I'm like, hang.
Speaker 5: On, somebody record it if y'all don't know what we're talking about. And you know, look, it's it's a different day in our industry now, you know. The bells and whistles are gone. Okay, So I'm going to be sent off to a hotel in Virginia to get myself on the air to do the show with no engineer, no producer, no nothing, just me in that room with that equipment. Goodness, just got a mo and then some poor sap whose room will be next to mine. When I start hollering out, are you ready?
Speaker 2: Are you ready? I'll see you picking you? Yeah, person doesn't sleep next.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start not caring in the world, wondering if the box Eats is gonna bring more fritters. I love my world. If you're he'll show up? Oh forgot Richie, where are you gonna say? I'll be, I'll be, I'll be dying. Need somebody to help, somebody to help. Man will be up there. We just gonna doritters. You're gonna do enough, Fritter bro We'll.
Speaker 1: Be right back. This is the Rick Burgess Show, the man who removed the phrase what's your new good from Society? Rick booches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 5: We're moving to another day today and we thank you for being with US America. So I do want to pass this along for you. And I got a great email about this yesterday, even had someone leave a voicemail in the office about this. And these are people that are asking and one of them looks like a product that I think is going to be a huge hit here on the program that they've developed, and they're asking about what do we, hey, Birge, what do I need to do to put together a marketing campaign with the show Love the show Fired Up?
Speaker 2: Want to be part of it.
Speaker 5: I actually had two conversations about this yesterday, one by email, one was on the office phone. Well, here's what you do. If you're wanting to go national, because that's what I always asked. You talk about national, you talking about local in your market, whatever the case may be. If you want to go national, you go Rick Burgess Show at Syndicatedsolutions dot Com and we can get you, uh into you in front of with all the different platforms two million people a week. So Rick Burgess Show at Syndicated Solutions dot Com. That's the I want to be involved in all of it. I want to be on the radio network. I want to be on the tune in AUP, you know, I want I want to have I want to be on that podcast Darkive.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 5: I want to be part of all of it. Okay, if you want to know something about your local market, just just email us directly and we'll connect you with the the sales manager there. So again, if those of you that are out there and and looking forward to them, we got some a new one we're starting this week that Greg's got some stuff for us to record today. Uh So, Rick Burgess Show at Syndicated Solutions dot com we'd love to put the team together with with your product and we'll take it out to the world. Okay, So a couple of things, Greg, you said, are you familiar with lumberjack speed climbing?
Speaker 2: You you speeding.
Speaker 11: And there?
Speaker 6: I mean it's unreal. Yeah, they mean business. So I've come down a tree fast, not going up a tree.
Speaker 5: That's climbing. Having to use the bathroom too, ma'am. Yeah, some great stories from both of you.
Speaker 2: On mountain.
Speaker 5: I peeled the bark off a tree coming down. Yes, you did, correct, I mean.
Speaker 2: This all right?
Speaker 5: So this is when they and this is this is the lumberjack competition, right, yes, yeah, And I'm with you. Adam. You put out here and well you speedy one of you. I'd like to see this as an Olympic sport. I like this better and batter flag football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 5: How big is that thing?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Look at that? What kind they Oh my goodness, it's like they're running on How tall is that? Greg's real tall? I don't know. They're way up.
Speaker 6: They're getting tired, but they're right there together. I mean the sixty feez, my nanny.
Speaker 2: Now that guy just free failed to the end. I didn't count. He slipt. He didn't mean to. No, I think they meant to.
Speaker 5: I think there was they jumped out when they're closed. But he was going backwards a law.
Speaker 2: This is a race to the top and then back down to the bottom.
Speaker 5: And that's qualified. You can qualify getting down by just falling.
Speaker 2: It must be a certain kind of well. I mean, it comes with a risk.
Speaker 5: It looked like he'd lost grip with his foot and face. There's some kind of optical illusion here. I thought the gall on the left was ahead, and all of a sudden, the other guy starts falling down before him, right that the guy that was falling, he'd kick his feet in there and now and then and then both of them. I think free failed to the ground, just that one guy was higher up. But I thought the gall on the left had made it to the top before the other one. The other one started going down.
Speaker 2: It might have been a premature. I think it was going down.
Speaker 7: But the it seems like the race to the bottom is part of it, because they are racing back down.
Speaker 5: I mean, how do they keeping these things straight up?
Speaker 2: Nineers up there to hold these poles. It's like a tower, and they're buried. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's closed.
Speaker 6: But the guy on the left, he gets there just a little quicker than the other guy on the right. But then the other guy's technique on the.
Speaker 2: Right kick in it. No, yeah he did that on purpose. Yeah he did, now that I see it, he did. The guy on the left just let go. He's like, I went down.
Speaker 5: Wow, can so you can just fall as long as you're willing to take the hit on the uh the little mattress type thing down there. That's the way I used to go.
Speaker 2: Hits on the way down.
Speaker 7: The way that they can get up the poll is unbelievable. Yeah, I bet they've got daughter's named Nikki because these guys can do it.
Speaker 2: These guys can. That's terrible.
Speaker 5: That's a people he had no other That guy is going to just completely fall out.
Speaker 6: Do people frown on the guy that's free falling down because the other guy he did it right, he went on, he put the spikes in, and Robbie.
Speaker 5: Robbie Gallaty he just got right. Looks like, looks like.
Speaker 7: So that was part of the Lumberjack World Championships, and evidently the fall is part of it. It's a race to the top. And it's a race to the bottom. It is an international lumberjack competition in July that happens every year in July.
Speaker 5: Great, do you think you could put on your climbers and go right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But I don't know you. But those are different.
Speaker 5: Those go on the front of your feet and you run up like the ones that the guys work on the power lines. They go in the middle of your foot, and so you can't run up like.
Speaker 2: That side Look the front side, My gosh, man, can you not just listen to anything watching? Look? Look, look, look, it's his toe.
Speaker 5: Is not in it's not it's not in the middle. It's on the front of his toe.
Speaker 1: It in the middle.
Speaker 2: It's not in the middle. It's not in it. His toe is to the side. It's not at the very point of his foot. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: It's up higher. It's not the same, not the same.
Speaker 2: It's not on the tip of the toes all I'm saying, Greg.
Speaker 5: I didn't say tip of the toe. It's like the pad of the foot.
Speaker 2: Okay, well then now we're talking about freaking thing. Now the same will say how many pos have you climbed? Anyway? One, here we go in the middle between your heel and your pad of your foot. Oh, here's a better picture. Yeah, look see it.
Speaker 5: It is the side. I'm sorry, it's the ball of the foot. It's not the side.
Speaker 2: That's part of the size. It's different. The toe isn't sticking. It doesn't matter. I love you and I don't want to fight about this. Yes, apparently you do. Anyway, it's like a Calvinist walk.
Speaker 6: So are you saying like it's on the inside of the big foot big toe, I mean the big toe, the inside of the big toe, pad pad of your.
Speaker 5: Foot, the side, And you say, you say, y'all would climb with it in the right there in the killing in the middle, in between the two pads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the back pad and the front path. They got chicks doing that arch. So you're saying it you'll climbed on the arch. Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 5: You're saying it's on the front of the foot.
Speaker 2: That's actually it's on the back side outside of.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 2: We should get into this, that's right. You would be good at this World Championships. We should get into the cats doing it too, that could.
Speaker 5: Those are the lumber jills. I really do think they're going man I really said, Okay, my goodness.
Speaker 2: Oh the log run, y'all? Do the log run over the water?
Speaker 5: No, I would love to see you try.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 5: You know, I can barely walk to the truck about salt. That salt thing gets gets old quick.
Speaker 2: Yes, I wish they were wearing plaid for these lumber checks, Paul.
Speaker 5: You know I did to man so at a camp one time with men brook and Brooks went to was it Caliborn?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course we won. Is that where you hurt your elbow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's surgery. Yeah, but I didn't have to got back and after one lacross tournament, which I think you got in trouble about.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 5: In fact, we got you in the handle did, but we wanted to tournament.
Speaker 6: It's not good if a doctor looked at you and go, now, if you could have gotten here, any of you, so you just maybe a little earlier.
Speaker 5: No, that was one of those things where you know when you when you get when you go shooting off into a pond that all the water is coming from mountain streams and you're when you go into the pond, your elbow has a gaping wound shooting blood out. You're gonna get bacteria. I mean knew when I hit the water, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, well, I won't be long now, y'all look at his chainsaw. It looks like a drink where his fights at my good No, that's a show, no chainshaw right now, all right, we're in. We're gonna start a team that was almost as powerful as my electric went. Yeah, I'll be the log runner and drink. You can climb the poll. I'm okay, yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: We find this is the Rick Burgess show shoes and I ain't any involvements in the food fights of nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 9: Rick, but.
Speaker 2: It wasn't me. Here we go. Thanks for being with us today, America. A lot for us to do. Just a couple of heads up to you.
Speaker 5: If you want to sign copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain for Father's Day, The cutoffs Monday, just I mean, we can't get it to you by Father's Day. After that, we don't think so by by Monday the ninth. Those get those in and you can get as men as you won't. That's fine, but use the link at rickburgesshow dot com or Themanchurch dot com or Burgessministries dot com make sure you're clicking on the red link that says click here for sign copy. And I've signed a bunch of them and I'm happy to sign more. But we need that order by the ninth if you want it for Father's Day. Okay, So a couple other things we need to run down today. Did you see this other story where we have people that they're they're from a tribe who live in isolation.
Speaker 2: Uh in the bush.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: They have never in their entire existence have they ever seen sprite the drink. They haven't seen it. They've never They've never consumed one. And now it seems like if we find isolated people there's look, I like sprite, but it seems like maybe we should have done some more important things because I bet they haven't had coke either.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: This, I don't know why we led with sprite. Do we think they couldn't handle coke?
Speaker 2: I don't know. But you know, sprite is how often we go to sprite? You got much. I don't like a sprite, I don't hate it.
Speaker 5: I'm not against sprite either, but I go.
Speaker 2: About every fourth. You know, I had four.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna yeah, if I go soft drink, I'm gonna go Coca Cola Classic or Coke zero. That's what I prefer every now and then dot coke.
Speaker 2: But I like coke zero.
Speaker 5: No, no, but but I would rather just consume less of Coca Cola Classic than more.
Speaker 2: Of the zero in the other one.
Speaker 7: All right, So this indigenous tribe, they don't know how to open bottles either.
Speaker 2: Who did this?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 2: This is amazing to me because it's like when a baby tries it for the first time. They're like, this carbonation is insane. They can't open the bottle. We not open it for him. They opened it for her. And so they handed to I guess an elder man of the tribe. Are you sure? And no, not this this is a woman. Okay, yeah, but then spend the time. Then the elder man has a knife and he's gonna he's gonna chop it right over.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: Can they not twist the lid? No solid for him?
Speaker 5: My goodness, they never had to twist anything.
Speaker 2: Tough tough man talk tough people. Watch a sharp knif But he's going to let it spray.
Speaker 5: No, don't do that.
Speaker 2: He's cutting it down the middle. He's trying. Oh, my goodness, he's gonna it's gonna spray everywhere. Right now he's getting a pop like, he's like, this is amazing, fantastic. And then now they start sharing it. Oh my good. No, she's about to freak out.
Speaker 5: She's turning it up like, wipped it off.
Speaker 2: One her eyes is enough. I don't know what. Give me that letter about them all here's she can't believe it. They're not gonna believe it. Look they're excited. Look they're so excited.
Speaker 5: Boy, she still can't get that top off. Look yeah, look, she's like, what in the worlds This is the first time you drank a natty light, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then believe it. Well, that's funny. That is funny. It looks on their face from the carbonation. Jumped on it, he got it, didn't choke. I thought he was going to suck the whole bottle down. Don't chuck the bottle.
Speaker 5: He pulled it out of his old mountain and stuck it right in the other person's mouth. They live in the bush. I wonder what made them trust them. You know what I'm saying, the bush and you're bringing me some weird drink. I mean, like I wouldn't let some honkey, come up, hand me something.
Speaker 2: You got them?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know where they're not. I don't think I never saw a hockey, but it just feels like that's what honkeys.
Speaker 2: Would do do. Let's go to to the bush people, some spry.
Speaker 5: I don't think any other ethnicity would find an isolated tribe and give him a sprite, but a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of what what's that sprout?
Speaker 15: Star spew?
Speaker 5: And he jumped on it like a dug on a june bug, was chasing a spruy.
Speaker 2: He was chasing it like it was like a sprinkler.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: It was like I was trying to stop anice guy. Sprite never had a chance. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: I think they ain't much left carbonated water. Got let me tell you how big and he.
Speaker 2: Nobody big in that. There's very skinny.
Speaker 15: I'm talking about the got you saying wrap that bottle? How old do you think that guy disappeared?
Speaker 12: We got it.
Speaker 2: This guy's probably twenty seven years old. He's living a rough life. Say that hardly? Hardly?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 8: Rick?
Speaker 2: Was it the Netflix?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Series? Was it? Blue Zones?
Speaker 9: Is that what it was?
Speaker 5: Do you remember in one of them?
Speaker 6: Because because they didn't well, they didn't have access to a lot of the bad food that we had around the world. And was it somewhere in Mexico where they they uh McDonald's came close whatever, and they talked about the decline of their health and everything.
Speaker 5: Once they started. I can't remember what country it was, when you're right, it was in a blue zone. They were doing great, and all the fast food restaurants began to develop in that area and their health went they plummeted.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but one of the reasons why they, you know, lifespan and all that was so great was because they didn't need drink.
Speaker 2: All the crap we did preservatives. But the guy did like a twenty something year study.
Speaker 5: Great, can I just say on this particular topic, this is not complicated science.
Speaker 2: You'll believe that fast food is a treat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this bunch here they wish they'd had surprise their whole life. And and here's what's going to happen after this. There'll be Hamburger's, there'll be French fries, and before you know it, you'll go back nobodys sitting around not doing anything, saying we just don't have the energy to get up off the ground.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go back. We're gonna go back and visit them, and they'll be taking shots of them. You're right, but that's not nothing bad. I don't know, it's not. I think sometimes you throw out things nothing you don't think they were just because you don't think. That doesn't mean not one person is exclusive to that.
Speaker 5: He's gonna hear me. He's going further. He believes right now, he thinks we it wasn't just me. They don't think there's anything wrong. This is what we always talked about in the Power company. Yeah, so that's not the right crowd. So Creeper Jackson approved it. That don't mean anything. Yeah, yeah, I mean, come on, that don't mean anything.
Speaker 6: So if you could introduce something, Rick, that's a good pointsides. I'm not talking about the gospel and all that. I'm talking about like food or drink. If you could introduce something to a tribe or whatever and go try this, what would it be?
Speaker 2: Chili dogs? Nice chili?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 5: Greg, Yeah, they're no where their body candle.
Speaker 2: Side. Let's pretend there's no such thing as direct.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know what, I pretend that a lot Let's see, I would bring about a fresh pepperoni, pizza, bring them an apple, of course, I think you see what they do to me? I think probably you know, I would like to bring the corn bread. Maybe biscuits went that route?
Speaker 2: Have a version bread?
Speaker 5: They got a version, They got some kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Bread, maize bread or something bad.
Speaker 5: What about something like maybe a treat like, say, you brought them pizza is a good one. What if I brought in that chocolate syrup and put it on the biscuits. I'm with whoever said pizza, that would be a good one too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ma'am right here.
Speaker 5: For nobody's ever eating anything like that. You can go with pizzah of all the things we can crust. I just said, like a pep pepperoni, Come about fresh? And they've never had anything like that? You don't think they've been they've had they've I don't think they've ever gotten out bread and put it over like something and warmed it up and made them something.
Speaker 2: Out like that?
Speaker 5: Well, what about some hot pancakes about three layers?
Speaker 2: Oh, with some butter on it? M what about Okay, I'm hungry.
Speaker 5: What about a chocolate chip cookie?
Speaker 2: I bet they go crazy hard to beat that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, or what about a nacho cheese Gerrito's Locos taco.
Speaker 5: We're not trying to kill them. We're not trying to.
Speaker 2: Kill Loco where the shell is a Geredo chip.
Speaker 5: And I believe their jestive system would be so virgin that that would kill them. Yeah, you know best or favorite fast food burger loaded like a loaded washer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you hand it to them. It's between the whopper and the quarter fountains. I'm going double woppy, double double.
Speaker 11: I got a call a foul.
Speaker 5: You got a chance to give these people bacon and you don't give them a bacon cheeseburger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 2: Style? Okay, so you got to have bacon on it.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Do you have your Rick Burgess Show swag? Check out our store at Rick Burgessshow dot com and click shop.
Speaker 5: I got some new stuff there, including cup two options. Pick the one you like the best, or grab one of each. Men Don't Run in the Rain shirts with the book out now. Movement has started all over the Rick Burgess Show Nation, And if you'd like to have the shirt, walk around down and start a conversation and blazing right on the front men don't run in the rain.
Speaker 2: So it's available at the store.
Speaker 5: Go there and just click on the shop as Ken just told you and you can grab those for yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: So, and there's other things there too, anything that you wanted to hit speedy because I've got some other things to run through. But is there anything you want us to cover? Did y'all have anything that we needed?
Speaker 6: I had one, but it was kind of a somewhat feel good which Greg. And then we had one where it was just what would y'all do in a situation kind of thing. We had a seventy six year old woman. This would be what would y'all do in Texas? That assaulted a man's wife because she was furious that he was playing what in the park?
Speaker 2: What do you think? An instrument of some kind? An instrument?
Speaker 5: I say, yeah, something that makes noisegle? Did it make Did the noise make her mad? Or the fact he was playing it? Apparently the noise the noise something really really annoying? An accordion, oh adler, trombone, bagpipes, bagpipes?
Speaker 2: Can I stop for one moment? Can I stop one moment? Do you think you hope?
Speaker 5: Are you just hoping your dad's not listening at Are you just hoping that that poor man doesn't hear what his son just said when he was asked this question. He could have picked any instrument, and he's asked, what do you think was so annoying that a seventy something year old woman got upset with her husband and you just throw out there recklessly, not even caring if your dad can hear this? The trombone, which he loves.
Speaker 2: Hey, leave my father out of this.
Speaker 5: He does love that trombonembone.
Speaker 2: I learned to play trombone. I played trombone. People don't like it one in here.
Speaker 5: I know I've said this before. Will you please tell Greg? Did you know that he had he might agree with his family that if if he would only play it at church when they were out of town, that they didn't like. They did not want to see him play the trombone while in the in the worship center. Yeah, well is this fart of worship songs with trombone?
Speaker 11: Not a lot?
Speaker 2: Greg? He did have to force it, that is true, a little bit of force. It just wondering.
Speaker 5: So so you have bagpipes. To me, I think bagpipes are a lot like tattoos. Less is more.
Speaker 6: What's amazing is to watch because you're you're blowing when you should be sucking the air, and it's it's weirds, like it's reversed.
Speaker 5: I've only seen one up close, and it was it Brodie's Graduation or Big Loves. I can't remember one of them. And they were right in front of them and you're right, this guy is working this thing.
Speaker 6: And then I mean, because you're blowing out the air and then you're like, don't you pump with your arm Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, underneath your arm pit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're you're you're trying to get the air in there, and let's be honest, let's just be honest. Amazing grace is about it, and even even even a couple of after a few bars you're kind of done with it. Then yeah, you know, it's like there's something I've never seen an instrument give you so much joy in so much anguish in such a quick period of time.
Speaker 6: A salt package well seventy six year old Texas woman assaulted a man's wife because I got into an argument because he was playing back pipes. She also threatened to call her husband, who she was quick to kind of play the judge card. My husband's a federal judge. The judge did show up at one point, but he is he's not accused of doing anything wrong. But apparently the wife that started all this and complained, she was let off in handcuffs.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow. Also good story here, a feel good story.
Speaker 6: A stray kitten in Long Island got stuck fifteen feet down a pipe outside someone's home and five fighters arrived, which I'm sure they were, and to try to get it and they couldn't. But a volunteer named John showed up and got got it out quickly, and it was a pretty clever method.
Speaker 2: This is a problem solver. Here is.
Speaker 6: What he did is he pulled out his phone and started getting like kitten sound effects and started playing noises of a kitten.
Speaker 5: The allen and the cat came straight out. The kitten came straight Say this, then he's not stup, That's what I was about to say. Well, then if he just came out, then he would have came out anyway at some point.
Speaker 2: Well, but he's not.
Speaker 6: Stuck in there, he can get out. Well, I'm just saying that's on the cat, thank you. It's obviously on the cat. But it wasn't coming out, and so the person that's not as heartwarming as the cat being trapped on its own. It hurt another kitten, and it's like I'm coming out.
Speaker 5: Well, it don't matter if he didn't like being in the poppy, should have just came out. He just showed you could.
Speaker 2: Understood what should have happened. Nobody could get it out.
Speaker 6: So the guy was quick thinking and said, what about if we just played a kit in the owen and see if that will bring him out?
Speaker 5: And so they played it and it got the one are you open to the point where making though if he was trapped, it's more heartwarming, But when you make the point he wanted to be down there and he heard that cat to come see it. But if everybody just left it alone, he would have came out. It's kind of like the guy knew there was a volunteer firefighter and this little girl said the cat was in a tree, and he said, have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? He said, he'll come down whenever.
Speaker 2: He wants to.
Speaker 5: Well said, well, now the kitten, the kitten they saved, is now up for adoption. If you want to say that didn't save called it after it came out of this hole that it liked beings, did not save it.
Speaker 2: That's not a save kitten. That's not a heart worm.
Speaker 5: Hey, I had a kitten. He was he was in a kitten a house and he came out. If you if you want to say, hey, I didn't want to sit wait around for my kitten to come out, and this guy helped me get it out. Great to rescue. It's nowhere near as good as my angel story My Mama's Keys. My Mama's Keys are better than that story, way better. I don't know how this will go, but in the in the tech world, this is kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: AI.
Speaker 6: Man on the Street interviews people in the fifteen hundreds and a perfect blend of now and then someone used AI to show what Man on the Street interviews would be like in the fifteen hundred.
Speaker 5: Now you're tamploith scary stuff.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, you don't like it.
Speaker 5: Now the time I'm traveling, be careful with time trail, Okay, we won't play it.
Speaker 2: Then, yeah, well, did you'll see that Bible? AI? Yes, be careful with that Bible.
Speaker 7: It's like Moses with a selfie walking through the Red Sea with a selfie cam.
Speaker 2: Like I told you guys to stick with me.
Speaker 5: Careful with this next thing. You know you're gonna let Joe Rogan preach cause he went to church a few times. You want to hear any of this audio?
Speaker 2: I know you don't. You don't, okay what you're saying.
Speaker 6: So the guy if like man on the streets, you know, like if he was a man on the street like ai. AI basically created a man on the street with questions that they would ask in the fifteen hundreds to men on the street.
Speaker 5: Couldn't actors do that?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you never mind. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 7: There's Moses walking shadrack me tracking a band to go in the in the fiery furnish.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's what they were doing.
Speaker 2: There's no no in the art. Okay, he said he's lit up in here. We got we got two by two, all right.
Speaker 5: Lifelike for you right now, woke up, stepped in, done, got text and that was before breakfast.
Speaker 2: What do you think of King Henry? Well, he's very committed to marrying. Be careful. How's the health situation looking?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 3: Everyone I saw yesterday is dead today.
Speaker 2: So what's life like for a farmer? Right now, hard work, saw back, but the soil is good this year. Might even eat something with meat next week. So this is an AI man on the street interview in the fifteen hundred. Okay, that was a real pick me up.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's not as good with that video, but that's fine. Right, yeah, we didn't have video.
Speaker 5: Just yeah, but it would just be something Moses walking around with an iPhone.
Speaker 2: You think that was better the points?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, but look, hey, I don't like I don't like taking robots and missing with the Bible. You want me to send it to robot you're looking for trouble. Thanks for being with US America. You miss the part of the show today. Good news is go back and grab it on your own time. You can do that on the podcast channel. You can do that on the YouTube channel. Never have to miss a minute.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with US America. If we're wrapping up our time together until we meet again.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.