Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. All right, so let's get it to the latest episode.
Speaker 2: This was a great introduction. By the way, we missed your Claudia. Welcome back.
Speaker 1: I'm happy that you're here. Let's get write in to it. You were missed for sure. The fans went crazy when you weren't here last week, so we're happy that you're back.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So look, the episode of the Real Housewife of Atlanta started off with Smia doing some charity work. What I love about this scene is Shami and her daughter before the girls, Kelly and Brick got there.
Speaker 2: Samia house of the castle.
Speaker 1: So to see that garage lifted up and those massive ass.
Speaker 3: Boxes backed up to the heavens that they was, I love it.
Speaker 1: Mm hm, I I loved it so much and I love the fact that she said when she when she talks about her daughter living in privilege and how she really wants to be able to teach her that you are blessed and you have to pay it forward. I thought that was that was beautiful before we get to the killy and britt of it all. To me, this scene solidified the importance of Shmia being on the show, because not only does she bring a lot of wealth and access to it, but it's the humility as a mother of what she's teaching her daughter growing up in privilege. Because listen, I'm gonna say this to y'all. I'm a fan on TikTok of seeing black rich kids.
Speaker 4: I can watch all day.
Speaker 1: It puts a small on my face just discover Robert Smith's daughter. She's like in her early twenties and she's on TikTok living her best life.
Speaker 2: So that shit makes me happy. So I was happy to see that.
Speaker 5: I love seeing that. I love that part of seeing Shemia's storyline. I mean, let's keep it a buck, especially after this episode. Not everybody got the bread they say they have, okay, and it's nice to see Shemiah who but doesn't even talk about her bread softly, show us how she has it, and the fact that she you know, some people get a few dollars you can tell new money is usually arrogant and obnoxious, and Shemi is not. Like she married a very wealthy man and they've been together for ten years. And I love that she's instilling that into her daughter instead of being a little brat, you know, kind of she could easily be a spoiled brat and she's not. And I thought that's a really great lesson and I love, love love seeing that. I love seeing that for Shemi, Like that was a very important scene to me, especially you know, within a world of Instagram posturing, you know, to kind of like instill that early on because she didn't have to, because she really got happen to.
Speaker 3: I thoroughly enjoyed that scene. First of all, Shamiah was tailored up and then Gucci.
Speaker 4: Pants and shit.
Speaker 3: I don't know who her tailor is, but they had cut that shit on her. She was in that Gucci in that garage, that little beautiful black daughter of hers with her beautiful little braids, running around and just being a thriving child, well adjusted, articulated, articulating her little thoughts and reasoning like that on camera.
Speaker 4: We love shit like that.
Speaker 3: That's what makes us love the Real Housewives of Atlanta, And we do get attached to the children of these ladies. We love watching them grow up on TV, seeing them progress and watching them be rich black kids. It's just like when Barack Obama won the election. I couldn't wait to see them little girls running across that white house lawn and the little rothschild coats and wool two peet little hats and shit. I love seeing that. So I love this scene. Samia's garage was full of shit to give away, which was in a sharp contrast of what we saw from Britt when she came over with that quilted northern and I believe it was a box of sanitary nepkins as well, and so you.
Speaker 4: Know, it was a bit different. But I loved this scene and it was good to see.
Speaker 3: I also liked seeing Kelly and Shamiah and Britt having conversation over Shiya. I liked seeing her watch her mama and her mama's friends talk that sort of in the community. That's what teaches our little black girls how to be little black girls.
Speaker 4: And I love seeing her looking up listening intently to what they were saying.
Speaker 3: That was just good TV and that's why we love Shemiah being on this cast.
Speaker 1: So yes, no, I thought so too. So you brought up Kelly and Britt arriving. Brett arrived with some stuff, and she did bring up the event that was in last week's episode. Claudea, you weren't there for that one, so not sure you know what's been going on. But Brett had an event, Hey, Tisha, she had an event that went a at a country club I believe is where she said they live, and a lot of people were unable to eat. And there's been such fodder on social media about this. Britt in last night's episode brought it up again and just pretty much said that's not her standard when it comes to not feeding people, not having an event of her standard. And there's a lot of things happening on the blogs about what's been going on with Brid's situation. Have you guys been seeing this?
Speaker 5: I saw that bullshit all the way from Saint Martin. Okay, that was some bullshit. First of all, how do you have an event where just what seven eight people get food and everybody else is supposed to be peasants, And at first she did say that they weren't even supposed to be seated, that they're supposed to be standing around and like just kind of like just to give in ambiyonce and like use everybody that's there as unpaid extras, and like Brett, look, if you don't have it, you don't have you don't have to show it, you know what I'm saying. I remember when I was on the show, Yo, y'all show me putting together some Ikea furniture. It was when my real front show was being delivered in the moving truck. Was lay, y'all play me. But it's all right, you don't have to go in there. Everybody ain't rich. And I feel like on Instagram and on social media and on on reality shows, everyone feels this immense pressure to be wealthy when they're not. Meanwhile, you're breaking the bank, you're renting clothes. Ooh, there's so many other people I could put on blasts right now, especially from the other show we did it together, Carlos anyways, but like people lie, and it's like I feel that in one regard. It's like I understand the pressure like you have to like put this image, but in this case it backfired. It made her look super ridiculous. Obviously with the wardrobe. I know this is last week's episode. I mean, obviously you're not used to being at a country club like that. If you think that's the way you address to go on a golf course. They don't like you to wear heels because you dama made the course. You got to replacedvits like you like, that's golf etiquette. No one in their right mind when I go to the celebrity golf trendment said I'm invited to and you know, islands and stuff like that. Bermuda was my last one. There's no heels on the course. You have to wear a collared shirt and proper foot attire. I remember one time I tried it, like the shirt like Carlos has on. I remember I tried it one time with a tank top and they let me because I was a celebrity. But it was definitely very much against golf etiquette. That was so ridiculous. And that's someone that doesn't know what she was doing. And Kelly clocked it. She said, I don't see none of her neighbors seem to know who she is, Like they don't know, the members don't recognize her. Britt, I think you keep failing by trying to be something you're not. And we would like you more if you just kept it a buck about who you really were. If you can't afford to feed twenty people that don't try to feed, they don't have an event like that, just have it for the girls, because now you look dumb, and you got a lawsuit, Now you look crazy.
Speaker 2: What is this lawsuit that Britt has right now?
Speaker 4: I know because I don't really care about it.
Speaker 3: To me, like the whole digging into the lawsuit shit is like just extra. We saw enough on the show when we saw that there wasn't enough food to go around, So there's no more that we need to know to me, like, obviously she wasn't proactive or her team whoever was responsible for planning and organizing her event, they did not have a plan B in place. That should not have been a need for one. Either you have food or you don't. And once herself and whoever else was making decisions for her was made aware that there was an issue with the food, it's a very simple fix.
Speaker 4: You put the car down get it together.
Speaker 3: If they don't have the supplies there, you order from somewhere else, even if it's gotta be wings. You know what I'm saying. You just order it and get it to the people. Open that bar up, put a car down on that bar, open that bar up. Get everybody drunk, and make amends for the obvious oversight. The digging into these lawsuits and Fulton County and all this other shit.
Speaker 4: That's just a bit much for me personally.
Speaker 3: It's just me, So I didn't really invest too much time into looking at it.
Speaker 5: So you saying the lawsuit isn't worth a three two plai charman that Brit brought to the fundraiser. Listen, listen. I just can't with Britt this whole episode. Like every time, like I take my foot up a BRIT's neck for like an episode or two or whatever, she do something stupid like this, Like, first of all, these people in Grenada, Grenada need stuff, and you over here bring in like the bare minimum, like and here's the thing again, you don't if you don't have it, you don't have it. But what's obnoxious is showing up with the Hermes bag and bringing two rolls of toilet paper in some some tampons or some pads like that's like where and then oh, my, my team, she's always blame it on our team. Will you are clearly on a losing team. If the team can't deliver for you, go through that closet and bring some clothes that you don't wear anymore, like stuff that you want to already posted on Instagram. Like it's not that hard, you know. I just feel like she did again did herself with DIOS service by doing that, she looked ridiculous carrying how I look like bringing a Hermes bag and I'm bringing you twelve dollars worth of supplies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, it is the case.
Speaker 1: And then you know, the party planner did release a statement pretty much saying that the event was not of her liking either due to some restrictions that she was under. So listen, it's one of those things where as reality producer, you follow the reality. Obviously this happened before the episode aired, but it is something that people are talking about when it comes to what Claudia is saying, which is when you get on reality television and there is this perception of living beyond your means, and that's why I always tell people, and I've said this every week on this month, and I live blah blah blah. You really just have to be yourself. And I promise you, if you go in being yourself, you will always, always, always win the audience. You mean I win one hundred percent of them, because no one does, but you will win the large majority of them because when you give people an excuse to talk about stuff like this, because everybody is talking about these things that have on earth. I do agree with the fact that, look, let's focus on the show. But the problem that's happening is so much is happening outside of the show that is carrying the season. And that's why this is the first season in a very long time or maybe ever where the fourth wall is constantly being broken. And we saw that with Porsche and Drew said, down, Porsche, don't do nor more.
Speaker 2: Sit down baby at this point.
Speaker 5: Don't do any more reality because you are not delivering this season. You're not and you're so cute. She's such a cute girl and she used to be. She's not giving like she's another one that's not like listen, Porsche, like you were the most anticipated return to reality TV people wanted to see you and hear your story. And I know you were kind of cut at the feet a little bit with Simon not letting you record in the house, but you still could have talked about things that we cared about, these fake beas with Drew, these bad sit downs where you're getting you know, Drew fucking clowns. She read you down. You looked you lost that one. And she used to be so much funnier in her green screens and she's not. It's giving grasping for straws, and I feel like there's like some sort of desperation, like I know I don't have it. I gotta try to give something. So it said she's just saying mean shit in her green screens instead of just like keeping in the buck. All right, all right, I was tripping. I know Drew Ane messing with my ex, you know, but I just I'm being yo. We would laugh more if you just admitted I was being a petty bitch, Like I would appreciate that more than just acting like it's a bigger deal than it's not when it's really not. Like it's just a lot of posturing this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of my favorite things about Porsche ever since he's been on the show. Was her kind of in the moment, one hundred percent off the dome, quick witty retorts, comebacks, you know, funny things to say, like when her and Kenya before Kenya departed, when they were at that dinner at the Bank at the Vault, I think it was called or the Bank, whatever that restaurant was, and they were joking about the soulful menu in a funny way and Porscha's yeam bite.
Speaker 4: They was going back and forth. That was funny.
Speaker 3: I like that Porscha and I haven't seen that much of her that side of her personality this season. And when you know, again most of your earlier point, Carlos, when there's so much going on off the show, obviously, we know that Porscha is going through the shit she's going through with Simon, and to her credit, she's been as forthcoming about that as she can off camera in interviews on her YouTube channel. But when it comes to the show itself, it's a different presentation, and I think that that's where the disconnect is happening for me and a few other viewers. Even though she looks gorgeous like a dial on the screen, we're hearing the things that she's saying, it's not really lining up with the shit she's doing, Like the light.
Speaker 4: Did I say that? What's I talking about that? Did I say that?
Speaker 3: When you were literally on a high mic off camera saying this stuff? You know what I'm saying. It just kind of is a misalignment. And I want better for Porsche. I feel like season seventeen, all this shit will be worked out that needs to be worked out for her to exist kind of in the fullness of her personality on this cast, and maybe we'll see more, I'm hoping, And I'm also looking forward to the reunion because, make no mistake, Porsche Williams is very well aware of.
Speaker 4: The criticism she's receiving.
Speaker 3: She's very well aware of what people are and are not saying, and I think that her performance at the reunion, which I believe they take this week, should be interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Porsche did address the things you brought up, dustand so Porscha after YouTube channel subscribe to a Porsche for Real.
Speaker 2: She did speak about what.
Speaker 1: We talked about before, which is stuff happening that we're not seeing, but also what's going on with her and Drew being over it. So listen, I'm gonna say this. I am over this working with Dennis. I think it's the storyline has run its course.
Speaker 2: It's not juicy.
Speaker 1: It's something that should have been three episodes max, only because unless Drew was really sleeping with Dennis, I don't care about this storyline.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: About the idea of, well, y'all, you're filming with my baby daddy, you filming with my husband. I think for the audience this and this is just me being honest, it's taking us out of the real moment because we're confused as to why Episode thirteen I think was last night. We are still talking about something that happened episode one, and they addressed it, and I think Portia and Drew sit down really showed me that they both seem seemed to care about it, you know what I mean, Like I didn't feel connected to it.
Speaker 2: I didn't think they were connected to it.
Speaker 1: Porscha said that Drew is dating her producer Black. She later revealed that Dennis allegedly said it to her. She said that in her professional Drew alleged that Porsche is dating somebody else and.
Speaker 5: Future, she said, we don't protect one and not protect the other. But Bravo, I don't like that they protected Porsche by not saying Future's name. Who's a known thought in Atlantica. Anyone could scoo feature. Okay, he's so easy to gain, all right, he's just raw dog with everybody. Porsche, be careful before you get a bacteria infection if you are messing with him, because he clearly doesn't use comments with all those kids, like you can't like not show hear the name that they're saying about Porsche. But then put a picture of a guy that Drew's allegedly with and she said it wasn't true and then blur his face off. I just don't like that. That's very unfair. And those are the kinds of things that make me still have to keep pressure on her. And that's actually Bravo's fault, right in editing. That's not right, and that turns the viewers off where there seems to be favoritism, Like what's good for the goose better be good for the motherfucking Ganda, because that ain't right. Why we protecting one but we ain't protecting the other. Now Drew has to deal with false allegations allegedly right, and it's okay for us and no Black's name, but it okay for us to know future future, future future. I said it. Fugure mask off, fucking mask off.
Speaker 3: Okay, I love futures and music. Everybody know that's one of my favorite rappers. So the thought of him imports the dating I was turned on. You know what I'm saying. But you know, I think they look good together.
Speaker 4: But you know, I understand why. It's the thing. I get it.
Speaker 3: And also I just want to say, March Madness is one of the greatest rap songs of all time. I want the orchestra to play March man Is when I'm shaking my peers hands is I'm walking up the aisle to except my ship.
Speaker 5: He's dope for music. I love his music. Listen, that's great music. Listen. I get it. Porscha, I get it, Porscha, I'm not. We listen. He's not an ugly eye either. We get it. But like I'm just talking about the fact of protecting context, protecting one out the other. Let's keep it fair here, keep it fair. That's not me dragon.
Speaker 1: I think did you what I thought was interesting is and the reason why everybody is commenting about being future, even Claudia is because on the the the mid season trailer, his name wasn't bleed, but in the episode it was bleed.
Speaker 2: That's why it was confusing, because.
Speaker 1: It's out there already, right, just based on that, And then I do know it was something that Simon alleged that happened. And I think that's the reason why Drew mentioned his name too, because Simon alleged that during his his his his time on social media. But listen, perhaps a cease and desist was sent over. But I think listen to Just's point. If it's true, and we don't know if it's true. If it's true, it's not a bad thing to day Porsche. If it's true Porsche, I think we all aliked Look furuture appears to be a good time, and ain't nobody mad if.
Speaker 2: It's a good time.
Speaker 5: And she very well may not have dated him, and it may be just Simon being a hater and throwing that out there. My point is not whether or not she did or she didn't. That's her business. If she's, like listen, she going through a divorce from from Simon, she can date who she wants to date, and that's like, that's keeping a buck. My point was the inconsistencies, like protecting Porsche's alleged hookup but not protecting Drew's alleged up when they're both in the same position going through messy divorces, Like let's have you know, maybe the black allegation with supposed it was Drew is not true either, and I feel like we don't know that either want to be true or false, but like have the same energy for both. That's what I had a problem with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just got a problem with the whole storyline.
Speaker 1: I thought, listen, it was cute episode one, maybe episode five when the whole thing came about with like whether or not Shemia got the message wrongly delivered to Drew about Drew's album paying for Polar's tuition.
Speaker 2: So to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think it was one of those things where I was like, I honestly don't care, and as I was watching the scene, I think they both just did not seem to even give a shit either.
Speaker 2: I'm glad they made up about it in.
Speaker 1: That episode, but I think it just has no I think it's did Wait, child, we are just getting started. This is reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show.
Speaker 5: It seemed like it's just dragging. Like in the past, it seemed like this is what some of the White Housewives shows would do. No shade, like, I'm not being racist like that, but I'm saying like, it seemed like the more White Housewives franchises would be stuck on a very small issue for many, many weeks and you're like, oh my god, she didn't go to the bar mits, but who gives damn. Like seven episodes later, we're still talking about it. And the Atlanta Housewives always had big like the reads were big, the big, big drama where you're like, all right, I get it. So it was exciting. This is giving kind of scrambling for storyline. Let me drag this for like six, seven, eight, nine episodes because if like, it's not that big of a deal some of the stuff. And now we're still we're looking at a meet up lunch between Drew and Porsche that should have happened episode three. In episode thirteen, we're all she's doing the entire time is bringing up black trying to embarrass her, and then Drew is popping off back and do we think they're going to get back on and cool again before the end of the season. I don't think so. I don't think there's enough time for him to get back cool. I don't think so. What do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And to be fair, Porscha had a lot of shit she couldn't talk about this season, right, so I'm sure she was searching for things to dig deeper into and present on camera. I just wish they would have picked something else, because this shit with Drew and this student's filming scenes and all of that shit is just it is literally belabored. At this point, we have had it with that situation, and everybody's had it.
Speaker 4: Were just ready to move on collectively.
Speaker 3: I was much more entertained by Porsche the dialogue they had at the table in Grenada, when they were all sitting down and her finally saying, maybe I did you know.
Speaker 4: To take it too far or whatever, Let's move on.
Speaker 3: I was happy to see that because there's so much other shit that they could be talking about.
Speaker 4: Fatrius back.
Speaker 3: Why hasn't anybody talked about where things were before she lived? Why can't we see her and Porsche talk about them patching up their friendship? Because the explanation that we were giving when Faedro returned it wasn't enough to me.
Speaker 4: We want to see the healing.
Speaker 3: That could be something that Porsche could lean into that's really authentic that we could see, you know what I mean, because there's so much that we can't see other than pulling this shit out of their asses about Drew and Dennis and all this other shit that just don't make any sense.
Speaker 5: The ogs are kind of letting us down. They're letting us well, I think to me, like when you think Fajr parks, like for years, there were some people that are her fans or Housewives fans that really wanted the return of Phaedro to the show. And when Porsche wasn't there for a while, people really wanted her to come back. And they came back, and they're really not giving. They're not giving because they're refusing to address the elephants in the room or they can't. Phaeda, like you would be the talk of the town if like we would really have a serious conversation about the big life that you know, all that stuff, but they're like staying away from that, and all you're coming with is these weird faces. It looks like your top teeth are missing, like the blonde hair, like you're not really giving, You're being mean to people. Once again, you don't even know, and that's why people think. I don't know what people think my issue with portrait phagers, and I'm not going to spend more time on it. But the same thing happened when I got on the show. She went on. Ellen Degeneral is talking about me before she even met me. It doesn't like why you going in like you don't know these people and you're going in before you even do one scene with them. It's different if you do a commentary, but you're going into this friend circle late in the game and being a mean girl out the gate. And I don't think it's I don't think it's giving like the shade that she thinks. And it's not funny like it could be. I think it's funny. It's not funny.
Speaker 3: What we also know for sure is that Fader's not quick on her feet on that reunion stage with no notes, and so I think that she's going to be in for a rude awakening when they get on their stage, because these ladies have watched this shit and they've seen the things that have been said, and they watched the show for previous years. I think we're going to see some interesting conversations on that reunion stage.
Speaker 5: I just found it really funny for Asia to sit there and call Brit I mean a girl about town, PHAs now, Phaja parks Fai phaser PHAs now, don't get me to talk and honey, boom boo, because you're not the woman the Christian that you try to portray yourself to be. You're very much in these streets with lots of rappers on air mattresses with ankle bracelets back in the day, allegedly, and you have done your dirt, so that may not be the area, like lying, fraud and hoism may not be the area that you may want to attack. Maybe attack on something else, because you know, never attack on things that you're guilty of. So you're strong suits you can attack on. You're smart, you're educated, you've been to school, got a big ass, you know you those are your strong suits. But like when you are like before you even like get to know this, girls like you was really coming for people that you're kind of like, what's the difference between you and Britt?
Speaker 2: Actually, so I do want to talk about.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, I want to talk about the shade that Phaedra made to Angela because Claudia is the last week we did talk about Padri's return, and I said, like, oh my gosh, it was funny. I was laughing, you know, the little shade here and there. I thought was funny. Obviously I'm not that person, so it's not at my expense, but I thought it was fun like shade, right, I will admit in this episode.
Speaker 2: When Paedra.
Speaker 1: Talked about Angela and she said how she is the oldest looking younger person she's ever met, and hopefully her personality is more youthful than her face, I was.
Speaker 2: I didn't like that. And the reason why I don't like is because, look, I come from the old school Housewives. I love. I love a good shade of good read. When Nini and Shary ready.
Speaker 1: To about the doggy tea, your carving repossessed your baseball knees, you know, put them put them knees on a treadmill.
Speaker 2: Your skin can use of bleaching.
Speaker 1: Those ladies were friends before the show happened, and this happened season four or four years into the show. So when they read each other about their appearances. The reason why we all laughed about it is because those two had a friendship and we saw a history between Nienie and Charae that warranted shade to not just be about you know, your gate is broken.
Speaker 2: Or your car got repossessed. They said, bitch, I'm gonna go for the gusto. But they earned it. Nieni and Scharay earned the.
Speaker 1: Right to come for each other's physical appearance. And I feel like Phaedra attacking Angela's physical appearance without even physically meeting her. I just felt I didn't feel good about it. I didn't like get at all.
Speaker 5: I thought it was especiallylashbacks of phasia. Phaedria is a She's not a renovation. She's a complete tear down and rebuild of what she looked like when she first got on the show. Let's keep it a buck, okay, Phaedra, you have your audacity to sit here and say, Angela looks like the oldest young person you've ever seen. Angela is the most natural person on that show. Clock that's he the most natural body is snatched, doesn't have a ridiculous looking bbl her waist. She looks good. She's had some work done on her face. She we talked about that, the nose, whatever, but she's pretty natural in comparison to a lot of reality stars and for her torself, come out there out the gate and say that she once again, you're attacking something that you're weak in yourself. We all see the throwbacks when you first came on that show looking like someone's grandma.
Speaker 3: Okay, and for you, yes, and that was just what a year ago, you know what I'm saying, right, And that's the thing I mean, friend, I'm sorry, but physical appearance, it's just subjective, right, Like people, everybody has an opinion on what's attractive to them and what's not.
Speaker 4: And that's just a dangerous water to plan.
Speaker 3: Now if we arguing, you know what I'm saying, and we're at that level and we're going there.
Speaker 4: Then fuck it, let the shit fly.
Speaker 3: But unprompted, unsolicited, unwarranted, just going after Angela's physical appearance like that, it wasn't cool, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It just wasn't It didn't look good, it didn't land well.
Speaker 3: It was not a way to return when you just came back off the heels of you saying some crazy shit in the first place, which is why you are part of this show for all that time. It's not the way to come back in. I would like to see just her be funny outside of punching down, you know what I'm saying, Like it's a way to do it without being mean spirited.
Speaker 5: It's given because she came in late in the season that she feels like she got to come out guns blazing and like just kind of make a splash. But the old Phaser that had you know, some funny reads come in with that and that's enough. It's almost like overcome. Okay, I haven't been here for I missed eleven episodes, so let me come in here, attack Angela. Attack this when attack this? Want attack this one when? Okay, we get reading as part of this. But like, Angela hasn't done anything to you.
Speaker 4: Yet, right, it's got to make sense. It's got to make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when it was when it was to that degree, like I said, listen calling Kelly and Garden known because she's short, Okay, Like you know, like okay, that's whatever, right, Bristol girl about town, Okay whatever, even even in this episode, now, look I did because I'm.
Speaker 2: Very honest, right, and fair when she said.
Speaker 1: Drew, I don't hope I Drew stuff, but she alsoul trained like that to be as funny, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean, like you could it was funny but right, it was funny.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was the thing.
Speaker 1: It's one of the things where you can make a joke that can be a little bit age is.
Speaker 2: But I think the thing that threw me off about.
Speaker 1: Angela was just Angela said two seconds before that, shady bye.
Speaker 2: I see Fedra looking forward to meeting her. Then damn she blew her head off.
Speaker 1: And the thing about Drew because to me, it was more so about Drew's profession, right, like I know, watch her old stuff that she dances, soul trained like that to me is.
Speaker 2: Lighthearted. Again, I'm not Drew, so I don't know how she took it.
Speaker 1: But if I'm being honest, right, I was turned off by the Angela disc but the Drew soul trained comment. I did laugh out loud because I thought was like, okay, that's that's funny. But I do think this.
Speaker 2: I do think this. I was looking forward to seeing.
Speaker 1: Faedra's life in this episode because she is back and I wanted to see her at home. I wanted to see, mister president.
Speaker 4: Beautiful kid.
Speaker 5: She's got beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she's a housewife right right, she's holding a peach. I did expect to see some faith your personal story in this episode, whether it was this is me being honest, whether it was Faedra packing to go to Grenada while her kids were there and she's telling them like.
Speaker 2: You know her. Because Faedra is a great mom.
Speaker 1: So anytime you get to see Fadra being a mom, it balances out.
Speaker 2: Her lethal shade.
Speaker 1: And I think because and this this is I'm being honest, because we're not seeing and it's been two episodes, I know, but Faedra is coming in hot, and I think what could have been a balance of a kool off is if we would have been settled in her life and been welcomed with her at home with the kids getting ready for Grenada uppacking, so that this lethal shade doesn't feel like uh, Because I think what we're all experiencing is every time we see Faja pop up on screen, it's like a lethal shade that comes down to confessionals and it's like, give us, give us a beat. Like we were twelve weeks in and we got to come a little bit and.
Speaker 5: It's not as funny as what it used to be, you know what I mean. She's definitely I think I think she's lost a step when it comes to like her funny reads. And maybe she's like feeling awkward because she hasn't been around and she's a bit rusty. But for her to come, see, I didn't like the shade for Drew's career because I like so I was like, you know what, I'm all about fair and balance. So let's talk about Phada's career because she always prides herself on being a brilliant attorney. So let's if you do a simple Google search of Phaja Parks and Bobby Brown, let me just give you a quote from Bobby Brown. Meanwhile, Brown said of Parks in his book, I won't cast aspirations on her lowering skills, but I will say that when she was my lawyer, I usually wind up going to jail. So, you know, she likes to talk shit about people's careers and stuff. But like in the words of Cynthia Bailey, win a case. You know, so then she became an undertaker because her career in law was as dead as the bodies that she said she wanted to curate and fix and work on. So you come in here with this whack ass jokes for people who actually do have a career. Listen, you can say a lot of things about Drew, you can call her a liar, you can question some of her her truth, but what you cannot do is come for the girl's talent. I did a movie with this girl. She's a great actress and she's a great singer, and you can't come for the career. And even saying soul trained, honey, you look like you as a dancer on Soul Trained, with the looks that you had up until the last three years when you finally got a lace front, because you're the one that gives nineteen sixties nineteen seventies was around back when there was black and white television. So you coming for someone else's age career. And again that's not where you should be. Phaedria. Use your strong suits, huge, use education, use your degrees. But instead you're falling flat. And the reason I'm really reading and it seems like when she doesn't have a Kenya to go up against, she's not really giving anything.
Speaker 2: We need.
Speaker 5: You need Apollo, and you need Kenya, because you're not giving anything. You're not you're giving, you're giving. This is just another check. She's got a lot of reality shows she's on, which I give her congress on that she's making a lot of money Traders, all House of Villains, all these shows I think she's doing. And this seems like a stop along the way. It doesn't seem as invested, because maybe you'd have better things to say. You're a smart girl. You could do better than these lazy reads you've been doing. I don't like them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with Claudia. I think we had a great opportunity to be reintroduced to Faedra, right, this is she She was in such a unique and great position, right like getting put back on to the fucking Real Housewives of Atlanta after a multi year hiatus like that. Quiet said that Candy Birds had benched her for all them years, you know what I'm saying over at the Housewives.
Speaker 4: So for her to be able to come back and have.
Speaker 3: The opportunity to reintroduce yourself to the audience, that was a hell of an opportunity.
Speaker 4: And so far, I don't want.
Speaker 3: To speak prematurely, but two episodes in it looks like the opportunity has been.
Speaker 5: Because she came.
Speaker 4: I don't think there was any strategy in place whatsoever.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I think she just started filming. At least that's what it appears to be.
Speaker 4: To me.
Speaker 5: It's giving letdown and I feel like with all that, listen, there's no doubt that Fada was not a good housewise what she was on the show. I will give her that. If she came with like half of that talent and that presence, it would make it. She would quickly rise to be like one of the stars of the show.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: We'd be like, Yo, this is what we missed because you don't have Nini, you don't enough Kenya, you don't have like you know, the ogi's really like that. She could have easily walked in and kind of ran it, but instead she went this route. And I think she should just came in with funny reads, not just that's not enough just to buy that paycheck, you know, it's not enough. I don't know, are we getting paid to make facial expressions? Well, Carlos, you owe me four hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Off story. I'm trying to make sure this thing cooks.
Speaker 5: That's how Look I got Fagers whole season and ten seconds. Uh oh, not a garden nome. I love little people. Wait, let me hide my top teach.
Speaker 2: Please, I'm not mad.
Speaker 5: I'm just honest. You know, you know it rain drops whatever? Is it? Just the bottom teeth and at the time of what we're doing. I know that's a new trend where people fix the top teeth and at the bottom. But she got the reverse. I don't know, but fed go back to what made you great when you came on the show, being funny line about new dates and all that. But it's okay. It still made it for an interesting story. But this we're here attacking Angela and other people before you even meet them, Like, at least meet them then we can justify it. We'll be with We'll be with you when you write yeah, and also think this.
Speaker 2: I'm in with this.
Speaker 1: I also because as somebody who worked on the show, I love Listen. Nothing is better than a face off, like face and face you know what I mean, Like a face to face off. You know what I'm saying, Like listen Fedra versus Kenya face to face Me to Co season five, six, seven, eight nine, Like that's I love a face and face face off. So I think, to your point, if that's going to be a read, I think, say it to their face so that it can be a ping pong and I and I think then, I think then the audience would appreciate it and would appreciate the read. Because even when you and Nini had y'all back and forth and again on.
Speaker 2: My podcast, when I asked.
Speaker 1: The legend the icon the Queen Nini leagues, of all the battles you had in your career Housewives, which one was your most Like, I'm forgetting how I praised it, but like it was yeah, like you're formidable opponent. And she said, Claudia Jordan, thank you. I'm like, hey, Kim Zosiak, she said, if I had to give to any of these girls, Claudia and I think it's because she appreciated and I'm gonna speak be Nini, she can speak for herself. I think it's because Nini appreciated this girl came to me with the read to my face as a newbie, and that back and forth ping pongrus was respected. Clauda didn't hide behind anything, like she said to your face.
Speaker 2: So I think when these re.
Speaker 1: Reads are iconic when it's face to face and not rehearse.
Speaker 2: To me, Claudia, I said face to face child, all right, so we're gonna I said face to face, Sudie. So when we.
Speaker 6: Look at the.
Speaker 1: First of all, Claudia, does it getsphasor of rougher buddy with faces?
Speaker 2: Does it faces where you and I be going?
Speaker 1: At some times it's the funniest.
Speaker 2: Look back because I'm such a fantom of mother. I live that. On Tuesday mornings, I watched it again.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all.
Speaker 5: In the comments, I'll come of say something. I know I'm not supposed to being the comments, but I do, right because I like to hear if there's something we're missing. There's no jealousy or hate towards any of these women. These I'm so far removed from that. That was ten years ago, you guys. I live in Dallas. I'm not trying to get on Atlanta. I've been gone for literally eleven years. Actually it's not about that. But when I'm asked to do commentary, I'm going to comment commentates on what I feel and what I think. Whether I was on the show or not, it has nothing to do with it. I can provide a little extra context because I did work with some of these people and I know how the reality game goes to an extent, So please don't take my honesty for any kind of bit. I'm not bitter or jealous of Porsche or Phaser. I have a very fucking amazing life, glowing hairline, real, everything, real, I'm happy, I look young. It's not that.
Speaker 3: This is a commentary, so we're here to give commentary.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. That's why I stay out. You can, you.
Speaker 6: Can?
Speaker 5: I can?
Speaker 6: I do that.
Speaker 2: Not not a trust.
Speaker 3: Give you guys topefully that we need to get your sacred endorsement line.
Speaker 4: And show.
Speaker 2: Anywhere moving on. This is called a transition.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just want to put that to bed. It's not that. But if you want me to be fake, I can be fad fake things and be like, oh.
Speaker 1: Well, Claudia, I think you should know by now when you weren't here for a week.
Speaker 2: They missed you. So listen.
Speaker 1: The ones who get it getting The ones who don't just never will And that's fine, that's fine, it's fine. But I appreciate everybody who tunes in because at the end of the day, We're obviously provided some commentary for you guys to watch, and I, along with Claudia and Dustin, we all appreciate you taking time on a Monday night to watch us. Okay, So, whether you disagree with Claudia, Dustin or be, I appreciate you opportunity again.
Speaker 2: And I know they do tool.
Speaker 4: In this square. Do you see what she is doing?
Speaker 5: These are real too. I'm just fat.
Speaker 2: This is the thing. This is the thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know how y'all can hate Claudia because listen, listen, this is me. This social media, don't do it even if you disagree with the person. I always think it's best to just say at least the chick is funny or the guy's fuddy.
Speaker 2: Like you don't have to like Claudia, but come.
Speaker 5: On, my real ones like me, and I just that the ones that like me love me, and the ones that hate me, I haven't met me yet.
Speaker 1: All the tears let me last night, moderator, give my ts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not rented, nuther hair. I will rent if I'm hosting a reunion. I rent because I might kind of wear it again, but I don't not my everyday life. Okay, now that we're clear.
Speaker 1: Okay, So thank you Alabama, SAVI love you. Okay, let's get into some of the girls arriving Granada are all of our mutual friends. Cynthia Belly admitted that she's in love. The guy is younger.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about this really.
Speaker 1: Fast because I think it's important. Cynthia is with a younger man. She did not just close his age, so I'm not he lives in Absterdam. Everything that I'm saying, she disclosed herself. She's sat on the after show and it made me sad, and I want to bring this up, not only for Claudia and Dustin to talk about, but I know this lot of people in these comments who love when we talk about relationships, Cynthia said on the after show as she was talking about her new love and she was telling Drew some of this too.
Speaker 2: She said.
Speaker 1: Dating him feels different because he treats her nice. And she said she almost broke it off with him because he was just too nice, and she had to capture something and say why as a twice divorced woman, don't I think I deserve a man who is just nice. She said, he wants to be around her, he likes to kiss her he likes to hang out with her, and she said she never knew what that felt like. And I felt sad for her, but also happy for her that she got that. So I want you guys to speak about that too. Listen, all of us are single. That stuff I relate to, just like that.
Speaker 2: Relate to in terms of claw Claw.
Speaker 5: Not everyone here. I just said, that's not true.
Speaker 1: I don't know who at the end of the day. Is that something you took relate to. I thought I was powerful.
Speaker 4: I think with Cynthia. Cynthia is a unique case, right.
Speaker 3: Cynthia moved to New York City when she was eighteen, okay, and got thrust right into like the modeling world. She's dated, you know, men who are very powerful, very rich, and very complicated, you know what I'm saying, at a very early age. She was exposed to that sort of dating environment and that sort of relationship.
Speaker 4: And she's been famous.
Speaker 3: For a long fucking time, and so she's had she hasn't had the opportunity to kind of like land anywhere, you know what I'm saying, Especially in relationships they didn't necessarily pan out.
Speaker 4: So hearing her say that she feels that.
Speaker 3: Shit now that makes me feel so happy for her. I love her very much much and I'm glad that she's happy. She deserves all of that shit, and everything she said on the show was real. We all know we've been known, but to see her share it with the world that felt good. And people have to remember, Cynthia hasn't lived a regular life, you know what I'm saying. Her life has been unique especial for a long fucking time. The majority of her adult life, she hasn't had what we would all consider most people consider to be a normal dating life. So to hear her have that takeaway now feels good and it looks good on her.
Speaker 4: She looks very happy.
Speaker 5: I feel I hate that she feels like well not I can't saund she feels, but it sounds like she feels like maybe like she didn't deserve it, or like that she's surprised that anyone wouldn't be lining up to treat Cynthia Bailey amazing. Cynthia is a very nice person.
Speaker 1: She really is nice, very nice and not to countch Off Laudia, Cynthia will literally give you her last dollar the jacket off of her back. Cynthia is top five of one of the most genuine giving people.
Speaker 2: Like when I say give, like, I've been in.
Speaker 1: Situations with Cynthia where she's like, I'm gonna take care of this, and I said, Cynthia, I'm a man.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna take care of aiding around me.
Speaker 1: I got you since, but she does it with such love, So Claudia, I can.
Speaker 5: Agree and like that says a lot about the dating pool that someone that is as kind, beautiful, successful as as Cynthia feeling at this age right not to age Shamber, because I'm right behind her.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Just saying at this age like this, many years have gone by where you haven't felt the love that you deserve is insane to me. But I understand. I've been having a lot of conversations with girlfriends about this, Like I feel a lot of and I want to go live and talk about this. Maybe when we finally do the show Miami, we can talk about this. A lot of women, a lot of women.
Speaker 1: How much right y'all could never y'all could never make Jordan, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: A lot of women feel like almost that they have to be apologetic of their success, and especially now, this constant remind is in the media like black women are doing so much better than black men, and that's probably causing some kind of a divide, you know, it's making it us versus them, And a lot of women that are successful a lot of times get penalized by their men and they kind of try to humble you in the relationships. So while you're thinking, isn't this great, I booked something else and he's like, you know, I didn't get a callback from my business, or a business is struggling, and it's like, instead of like writing for each other, it becomes a competition. And i think in Cynthia's life, she's probably had a lot of that, especially if you're a model dating and not saying Leanne was like that. I'm not saying that about him, but if she dated it in that world, it's very difficult when you're booking your guy isn't in business. Like we all had to publicly see the things that happened with Peter, right, and I'm sure that had to be difficult for him when to see in contrast, wifey is flourishing and you're getting the bad rap, right. That's not an easy position to be in. So I'm sure she had to downplay a lot of time, and now she's not downplaying anything. She's comfortable, she's happy. I talked to her about a couple weeks ago for like an hour, and we caught up on all things, and she was just so happy, Like it seems like very simple and just and fun, and it sucks that you got to wait this long to get that and you're often punished for your success.
Speaker 1: And the advice she gave everybody that I know I always lived by. She says she will never ever ever have a public relationship. She says she would never post them on social media. She says she would never do recarpet with him. She said, I've learned the hard way and that's not going to happen. And look, she's happy. She's happy, she's happy, so she's not off. To Cynthia Bailey, you found love, honey, getting that.
Speaker 5: Back broke by your young en. I love it for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to get into Drew versus Shemiah.
Speaker 2: I'm over this too. I'm listening. I mean, I listen.
Speaker 1: I'm glad it's over. At least I hope it is a child because again I always ask people, is it that deep? And I think when it comes to Jewish Shamia. I think Shamia and Drew, I think they know what it was and they have to talk about something again. I think it fell flat.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know what buffet Drew sligh Dora had, but she ate when she told Samiah, who she referred to as a lap dog, well, a head dog will holler.
Speaker 2: Ju So the doors having.
Speaker 1: Her best season that she's ever had as her presidence on the show, Absolutely that was an excellent read and it was to her face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was quick, very quick. I think that. I don't know. I'll just leave it on the positive.
Speaker 3: Yes, Drew is having the best season she's had in quite some time, and I'll enjoy on this is episode what twelve thirteen thirteen thirteen. I am enjoying Drew at this point of this season.
Speaker 4: I'm enjoying Drusidora on the Real Housewives of Atlanta. I've never said that. I can say that tonight.
Speaker 5: I like her on this I again, I've been away from the show for like a decade, but I like what I'm saying. I like that she says it to your face. She never comes off mad, like she's not yelling. She does it with like a calm she doesn't raise her voice. She's like, oh okay, waits her turn to get you with the read. I don't like that Shamiyah and Drew have a thing because I do like them both, and I would like them to kind of get over this. I also think maybe Shamia's storyline is also affected by her husband. I wanted a film as much, but you know, so she's so, you know, when there's a little bit of a deficiency, like I'm sure she would love to be able to show her amazing relationship with a very wealthy and loving man. And when you don't have that as you're not able to do as much. Your storyline does become their interpersonal relationships with amongst the girls. So you got to have to stretch out an argument with Drew, and you know what I mean, Like, I think that's probably the reason why that's still going on. And I feel like they're trying to make Drew the bad girl, bad guy of this group. Why, you know, I think Kelly said everyone has a problem with Drew. I'm like, do they all have a problem with Drew?
Speaker 3: What's her problem with Drew? Do you guys remember what Kelly's problem is with Drew? Because that's a real question. I don't know what it is. I must have missed it.
Speaker 2: No, I think listen and y'all know me. I love Kelly. I'm a Kelly fan. I think I think Kelly. Kelly is the host of the trip.
Speaker 1: I think Kelly may have been approach to bring Drew up and that was her way to find a natural way, because when I say, it felt flat and it made no sense, and I think Kelly, being a newbie, was sort of like I guess but if you look around the room, Drew does not have a problem with anybody.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't Kelly. But yeah, Kelly, Yeah, but that would.
Speaker 5: But Carlos, like you said, like sometimes you have to your giving instructions. I don't want to, it's not really and they're like, well we need it and.
Speaker 1: So or find a way to bring this up so we can talk about it.
Speaker 4: You I'm sorry, go ahead, let's go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say I thought it was funny because when Kelly brought up like.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's talk about this, they didn't show who said it, and maybe I didn't catch it, but somebody said.
Speaker 2: I was about to go left, like yeah, yeah, they.
Speaker 1: They kind of just knew, like we're at a dinner table off the country, we got to talk about it.
Speaker 2: So that's what That's what I thought of too.
Speaker 3: Do you think brit was prompted when she brought up Apollo and his wife sure ain't being invited to their event?
Speaker 1: Yes, because I think for them it was sort of like Fadri's here, let's bring up something to get her to cook. It fell flat because Fedra, and this is the thing about this is a thing about producing. You have to know your audience. And by your audience, I mean the cast Aedra and Apollo have not been together in.
Speaker 2: I think nine years.
Speaker 1: Aedra doesn't give two fs about what Apollo does as a married man, and that's why I'm on phaedrus side when it comes to her saying like he's married to another woman and has been for a very long time. I think Britt was, you know, proposition to bring it up. And I also think too because I also thought too, like, well it fell flat while wasn't in there.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: I wonder you guys agree with this. I think it was kept in because.
Speaker 2: You forget Britt is.
Speaker 5: There and.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm being very I'm being very honest, and I said this last week. I started off this season praising Brit, I said Britt, I said, I love me some Brett. Britt seems to be that girl. I am starting to feel bad for brit because I feel like she's fading and and it makes me sad because I felt like brit Edie has so much potential, and it does make me sad to watch the possibilities of who she could.
Speaker 2: Have become stayed away.
Speaker 1: I believe we have two or three episodes left, guys, and.
Speaker 2: I just I do feel like even last.
Speaker 1: Week, like, look, hey Bread, if you're watching, look you bet.
Speaker 2: This is my advice to you.
Speaker 1: I would celebrate the fact that you're being talked about again, because there was this dry spell after the incident at the hairspot, and last week's your event, we did talk about you. Now, granted it wasn't the greatest thing to talk about. But one thing pat Tie Labille always said, when people stop talking about you, that's when you need to be worried. And my advice to brid is people aren't talking about you in the way they used to, and that worries me for her, her and her only sort of like second win did come last week because I feel like good press a bad press.
Speaker 2: Get my name right, but I do put bad for bread.
Speaker 4: I do. Brit got done a disservice when.
Speaker 5: Kenya was removed from her storyline.
Speaker 3: Because you had that and Kenya's removed from the cast ended up overshadowing everything that we know about Brit and don't know about Brett.
Speaker 4: All we do know about Brit is.
Speaker 3: That she was the young lady who was in conflict with Kenya Moore and that conflict resulted in Kenya's departure from the show. That's all we know, and her mama moved. That's all we know about brit Edie, you know what I'm saying. And that scandal that all the hoopla, scuttle but and shit talking that was going on surrounding Kenya's departure from the show has completely overshadowed britt Edie's presence on this cast. She's scrambling to connect with these ladies, and the scenes that we were watching even on the some of the after show scenes that I've seen where her and Phaedra and Porsche are filming together, you can see her trying to connect or find a bridge amongst the two of them to kind of like fall into their groove of banter, and unfortunately.
Speaker 4: It just misplaced.
Speaker 3: I think that that story just got way bigger than what else she had to offer on this cast, and now we're kind of looking at it with our poems up, like what's up? You know what I'm saying. I don't think that was fair to her. This is why Kenya should have never left the cast, because we could have seen them duke it out fine, resolve or not watch everybody pick sides. We should have just really leaned into it instead of interrupting it abruptly like that because we all lost out and so.
Speaker 4: The bridge I agree.
Speaker 5: I'm going to first go back to the talk about Phaedra. I think Faedra and now will get Faser pops right here, so y'all take note when I say something positive too. Okay, look look this, Yeah, she's pretty, she's done that. I really want to hate them, you one of them. Phadria is too smart to fall for that bait. And I actually sided too with Fader when they brought up Apollo either with poor instructions from the producer or that's all brit had. And she was like, I feel myself fading in this scene, let me say something to get the cameras back on me. That's what it gave. But us knowing how reality works, it probably was some direction like, hey, we're not hearing from you, say something about port Faedra and Fader again. Way too seasoned, I will say, way too smart to fall for that. She's not gonna get into an apollo thing that was many relationships ago, like he's married, she's then moved on with you know, other people and all that and so so uh, you know, that was never gonna really fly. So it definitely whoever gave her that direction, I kind of feel like they set Brit up for a little bit of failure in that moment. I also feel overall in this show that Britt is really in over her head. Maybe she thought that she would come play with the girls, you know, rent a little ormez purse, go to a dealership and show herself buying cars and that would be enough to portray this wealthy lifestyle and that would be enough. But really it's really not. You can't fake it. Like the fans of reality and the commentators are too smart and we clock too much. We've seen it all We've seen people fake storylines, and the fans can smell a fake like a fake existence a mile away. So you're better off going in saying I'm trying to get there and I'm not. I'm I'm trying to get my line up the ground. But she wanted to come in like already, so big time established. I'm which I got all this going on. Well, guess what the internet salutes are gonna do that thing. They're gonna look it up, They're gonna find lawsuits, they're gonna find that your business isn't really successful. They do it to everyone like you got to know that, and I do. I know, I do read her down, but I do think they did not do her a favor of putting her on the show as a housewife out the gate. I think she should have been a friend first, get her feet wet, see how things goes. Because oh, I also will say this. I know I'm getting long winded and I don't want to be that. It's very apparent from her times on this show that Britt doesn't really have any female friends. She's not a girl's girl, because she does feel like she kind of she thinks the way to get a moment is to just be mean to another girl, like even when she was talking to Angela, your husband doesn't even now let that Jarrett his wife, And it was so it was so much anger in her face. I'm like, why are you so happy to tell a woman that her husband doesn't claim her and you're a married woman where people say you're in a lave at her marriage now saying she is, but there's things about her like it doesn't seem much she knows valid girl code at all.
Speaker 4: And this is what I mean.
Speaker 3: You're making a great point, Claudia, because this is exactly what I be talking about when I say that people can not be conflict centered on these shows and expect to be successful on an ensemble cast. It's got to be more than that, you know what I'm saying, Like, you can't just come out of left field with these very serious allegations, very dark, taking the show into a very dark fucking place, like unnecessarily.
Speaker 4: It just does not add up, It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: And that's what happens every time she finds herself in conflict. We saw brit do that with Kenya whenever at that Bangball dinner, we saw her do it with Angela at the Bailey cue for Juneteenth. We saw do it with Angela at the Peace brunch that they had. We're seeing her do it now, you know it just it's got to be more than just that. But before I saw brit on the show, when she was announced as cast, I was immediately drawn into her look. I thought she had a sharp, edgy, you know, personal style that I thought would translate really well onto camera on screen. And I thought that she was much more confident than the way I'm seeing her show up in these scenes on camera. It almost looks like she's fearful of being disliked in the aftermath or in the wake of what happened with Kenya's departure. So she's walking on eggshells with these ladies and not really. I don't know what the deal is, but there's a disconnect there, And I just wish that she was a little bit more confident and a little bit more transparent on this cast because aesthetically.
Speaker 5: And when we when Kelly said that Drew had beef with everybody, really it's really Britt that has had beef with everybody there. If you think about it, She's yelled at Angela she's mad at like she's the one. That's why I've been popping off with everyone, and I think she thinks that's the way to be relevant, Like let me argue with people so I can be ready. You know, I can get to read and be on the blogs for that week. But that's fine. We do need a good read on these shows. But it has to be rooted in, like the stake's got to be there, like the stakes like a friend that you have to kind of get together. We care about that, but not you just come in hot. That's why I don't like what Fat is doing now, coming in hot against people you don't even know yet and you haven't had one scene yet. It doesn't make sense. And that's what britsmane doing her entire time on Housewives.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I listen. I agree, And we have again two or three more.
Speaker 1: Episodes left when it comes to this season, and look, I'm just happy that we get to like in with the storyline that I felt dragged a little bit too long, and I think the girls probably felt the same way too.
Speaker 2: In hindsight, right in hindsight, looking on it, like.
Speaker 1: Okay, I forgot I brought this up again for a whole nother week.
Speaker 2: So I am looking forward to the reunion. I think it's gonna be a very fun, shady one. Andy did tweet he wanted people people.
Speaker 1: To submit questions, which means it is happening very soon. A lot of people are saying allegedly it is happening this week. But I will say I'm looking forward to this.
Speaker 5: Is gonna be just like more of the mean shit, like mean when it's warranted, right when someone did something really horrible to you, they'd be a reason to be mean back, but not just coming in and just talking shit. And I will say this, and I think I saw comment about this. Honestly, I feel like Cynthia deserves a peach on this season way more than Phaedra. Cynthia was the glue. Cynthia was great in getting people to talk and open up. She had a great moment with py Hey, you guys, mark this another moment. I'm anna say something nice about Porsche. There was a great scene with Cynthia and Porsche where they were talking and I feel they felt like Cynthia really got through to her, and it really to me, knowing what I know from what I you know when I used to talk to Cynthia about this all the time, how far they've come from when they had an actual physical altercation showing real growth between Porsche and Cynthia. Again, hey saying something positive. I thought that was beautiful, right, And so I feel like Cynthia has definitely earned it more than a Phaedra and at this point even brit because Cynthia has been the glue and been a voice or reason and has you know, provided I think more than two of the others.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cynthia did her damn thing this season, for real. She was an incredible friend of the show. Peachworthy for sure.
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And again, I I'll end by saying this, if you are a former housewife, especially if you are an OG, and I'm sorry, guys, OG means you have to have started see than one.
Speaker 2: You're not a You could be a legacy. You could be what you're not, a VET thank you.
Speaker 1: Legacy or a vet OG's meet season one, So stop over using OG, ohky digress. If you are an OG housewife and your acts back to appear on the show, my advice to you is follow the Cynthia Billy blueprint and be a friend be a friend's And the reason why I will say more to the ogs because when they started Housewives season one, it was a very different time. It was a very different time, and those girls gave everything that they could to the show, and I think rightfully, so rightfully, so they just don't they're not in that same hit space to give to give the same amount and and and do you think there.
Speaker 5: A lot of the I'm sorry to cut you off. Do you think some of that comes from like back when it first started, right, blogs and commentary wasn't as big as it is now. So now people are editing what they would do now normally with well, on the blogs, they ready for this, so let me adjust as before they just lived their life and they were more authentic.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, look, well about the percent. I said this at nauseum and I'm never going to change this. Social media killed the reality star.
Speaker 2: And when I say that, it's gone.
Speaker 1: Are the days of a reality star coming on the show, not already having glam set their looks, not already meeting with hiring a publicist.
Speaker 2: I met somebody. I'm not gonna say who, so don't ask me messy rain drops.
Speaker 1: I met somebody before the show started and they said to me, I'm the publicist of so and so, not.
Speaker 5: A publicist before you even get on air.
Speaker 6: I I'm not gonna say what show was called, darnge.
Speaker 5: I want to know who it is, and am a journalist. It's my job to try to.
Speaker 1: Get to.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say who. But I remember saying.
Speaker 1: Take advantage against when you spend money you don't really have. No, I'm not gonna but I'm not gonna say don't spend money that you don't have. But if you do, got the money, girl, do what you want to do, child, right, I'm gonna answer you second camera. So the thing is this take advantage of the network publicist, who whose job that the network is paying them to publicize you? So social media because a lot of these girls come in wanting to be this person of feeling like I know the audience wants this and and I and and it makes me sad. It's the reason why I really don't watch as much reality TV as I used to, because I can spot a fake. It's hard for me to watch these shows with these new girls. Not I'm talking about Lanta, I'm talking about just the general population of reality television. These new girls come in, they study the format, and you should always study any job you have, but study the fact that they were themselves. Don't come in trying to be this person. Don't come in trying to be that person. And once the show airs, they cater to the social.
Speaker 2: Media fans who love them.
Speaker 1: And it's great to have fans, but also no, you can't live or die by the fans because they'll love you one episode.
Speaker 2: We see it with Shemiah.
Speaker 1: A lot of people love Shamia the first couple of weeks, and now people are saying Samiah, bye girl, and that's just.
Speaker 2: You are so.
Speaker 6: Person.
Speaker 4: No, I think it was look Carlos, but it would have been her.
Speaker 5: Hey, Rangels, who do you think it was?
Speaker 1: I do think it was I have done anyway. But Claudia is fucking hilarious. Okay, answer this question, Carlos, you our producer. If Kenya was under reunion, what would you think? Claudia doesn't answer this too, Okay, I'll start first. I strongly feel that kenya story has yet to be told fully, and as a vet that she is, I would love to see her and Brent have a conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kenya needs to be on that reunion. That is a huge opportunity to hope Bravo and the powers that be take advantage of without a doubt, without questioning, ken you should be on that reunion. We want to see what she has to say. We want to see her and brit talk about that shit. We want to see her talk about it with the cast. There's no way that she should not be at this reunion in my opinion, and they should not tease it. They shouldn't even put it in the trailer for that motherfucker. Just let her walk out in part whatever of the reunion and let.
Speaker 4: Them ladies do what they do.
Speaker 3: She ken If y'all are listening, Kenya Moore needs to come onto their reunion stage at some point, and I really hope it's not too much.
Speaker 5: I don't think she will not because then I think they won't ask her because of maybe legalities. But I think I agree with both of you. I think it would actually offer us a great segue and opportunity to get her back on form next season. And for the people that say, oh, the ratings, the ratings are not what they used to be and they're slipping and Phaji when she came back to not return to bring the ratings they thought listen are different now it's a different time with video on demand, right, But there is no there is a no, there's no way in the world that Kenya coming back to the union. Letty, let Kenya and Britt now touch each other, but have it out and resolve it in front of us. Have a moment of like like Black Girl magic where they hug it out and guess what it's set up for next year and then we can see what is going to be. Can you imagine like it would actually gives Britt a chance to be an actual housewife and have a story.
Speaker 2: All right, that's a Claudia think I so much?
Speaker 4: Dustin, thank you?
Speaker 2: Where can they see Justin on tour? Right?
Speaker 3: You can see me on tour? Look at Dustin is my name on all social media platforms.
Speaker 4: All the information is there.
Speaker 3: You can go to Dustin Rosslive dot com and get tickets. I'll see y'all in La June twelfth, and see in Chicago, see you in Philly, see you in Houston, see in Dallas, see in DC, see in Atlanta. And we're on our way, So pull up on us, y'all.
Speaker 5: Check me out my podcast accidentally informed on Wednesday, we've been doing some Diddy coverage. We've been getting people out of in the trial or coming through. We had Tisa tels, we had armand Wiggins come through giving us great commentary. Please come check it out.
Speaker 1: Armand shot up to Armand Wiggins, who is covering the Diddy Trump amazing doing the car room. And I saw that he was with our friend Evan K. Williams on TV. So armand Happy Pride Month from your gay godfather.
Speaker 4: I fuck with our mind. I love him.
Speaker 3: We hung out in New York and had a motherfucking blast. That is my boy, and I'm so happy to see him doing his thing with this trial. I love to see him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's doing good. He's doing good. All right, We'll see y'all next Monday.
Speaker 1: Claudia Dustin, thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow and subscribe to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: Wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: Visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and yes Baby my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment, an executive produced by me Carlos King, King the Rain Entertainment, Baby
Speaker 5: M