Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star and Frisco and now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is Tuesday, March fourth, twenty twenty five, and we are fifty one days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Light, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: It's Miller time.
Speaker 2: We've got Brian brought us, We've got Tommy yarsh with Chris Beam in the back on Kyle Yeomans, and for the first time since before the Senior bull We've got itself back on the Draft Show.
Speaker 3: It's the one, the only, the Nick.
Speaker 4: Harris Yes, Senior Bowls, Super Bowl and then Combine and then I got six somewhere in between. But it's good to be back. I am so happy to talk draft and nothing else.
Speaker 3: You've been a world traveler. Nothing all over. What just happened about three seconds? Yeah? Nothing, nothing at all, nothing whatsoever.
Speaker 2: I may have just broken and taken a possible position off of.
Speaker 3: Our draft board. Or does it Yes? I think it does. Yeah, yeah, I think I think it. But at the I think maybe at a position, if you say the ones in the threes, I think it takes yeah, yeah, okay, instead of maybe having Walter Nolan at twelve. Now do you kind of think about something there. I still draft defensive tackles in this draft.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, I think I would still draft defensive interior. And shoot, if Mason Grahams somehow falls at twelve, you have a legitimate conversation about that.
Speaker 3: Sure, but I think.
Speaker 4: If this also did easy one news ends up getting confirmed and by the team yes, yeah, yeah, then this I think it takes the need of having to get a three tech right there at twelve, a guy like Walter Nolan, Yeah, out out of the equation. But that doesn't mean that you can't go on day three and get a guy like No it's.
Speaker 3: People, no, no, no, no, no question about that. The thing to me is, like I know that when they said that they were going to get or work on getting OSA done, I immediately took Walter Nolan Adham off the board. I took not yeah, I took him out of my mind. Yeah, but it doesn't stop me from looking at these ones and looking at threes. I'm just not looking at him and you know, probably at you know, at twelve or at forty four.
Speaker 2: We're referencing the reports that have surfaced as of literally one minute ago, I mean we were literally counting down into the show and Ian rapperport Adam Schefter on Twitter the reports are and like Nick alluded to, the team has not confirmed. But four years, eighty million dollars an extension for Ostgezuwa fifty eight million guaranteed is what it appears to be. So Cowboys that playing the place the franchise tag on Osa that would have been about twenty five million dollars, and of course down a one year deal instead, he opted to take the multi year deal that ends up being more guaranteed money, but over a longer period of time. This is a win for both parties. I think whenever it's all, I.
Speaker 3: Kind of feel like this is really a win for Matty Eberflus. Yes, absolutely, I think Matt Eberflus probably came in him and the staff sat down and watched the tape. He is from the he originally from the Rob Ryan administration of three four odd Defense, yep, and he's morphed into a Rod Marinelli for three guy, and Rod Marinelli always talked about how important that three technique was, you know, even to the point where he got the Cowboys to sign Tyron Crawford. Remember they were thinking about, you know, like, oh, well, here's our three technique in the future. And Crawford unfortunately was just too banged up to really have any kind of influence you know, on the team that way. But uh yeah, and if this in fact the reports are true, you know, good for the team to get that done. I please, I hope it doesn't keep them from going out and doing other things. Yes, And like I said, we've learned that you have to play in all three. You have to be able to draft, you have to be able to trade, and you have to be able to play in free agency. And if you don't do all three, then you're going to fall behind the other teams that are win Super Bowls.
Speaker 5: We're just talking about this on talking before we started this show. In terms of you made a good point about three techniques. In Matt Aberfluss's defense, he's called him the engine is the word that he used of their defense. And I think that if this is in fact the case, that OsO Diggisy was back in Dallas for a long term. You've got that, and you've got one box checked.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: The other position that's been really good in his defense too, has been the nickel corner spot. So Jordan Lewis is the name that comes to mind in terms of a guy that you want to keep in house, because if you're going to be a draft and developed team, you've got to take the guys that you draft and develop and keep them in town. And I think both of those guys fit perfectly into this scheme.
Speaker 3: You know. Can I can ask a question here though? Of course, sure, just in the form of team building. And we all understand Osa had a really nice year last year for this football team. But with this the depth that the position at the defensive tackles spot, could you have let that ride and drafted it like you maybe thought about, like you double dip that thing.
Speaker 4: You're really banking on that. Yeah, I think so, But you're.
Speaker 3: I mean, are you paying a position that in the draft? And listen, I'm happy Dallas did it. I'm not saying I'm but I'm just wondering if if you if you resigned a linebacker or you were signed something that didn't have depth in the position. Is this one of those things you're gonna look back and you're gonna say, Wow, this contract. They signed a player. And I'm not complaining about them signing players. I'm just saying, as deep as the defensive tackle position is, is that a mistake or could it be seen as a mistake in team building? Maybe?
Speaker 2: But I'm looking at a team that let's just go down the history books, Justin Rodgers, Villiami Fojoco, John Ridgeway, Osa, Chauncey Golston. This is all over the last five drafts, Neville Gallimore.
Speaker 3: They've missed on a lot of defense.
Speaker 2: Okay, they've missed on a lot of might as well keep the one that you've They've missed on a.
Speaker 3: Lot of defensive tackles, but have names like Grant and Williams and Harmon and Alexander and Sanders and Norman Lott. I mean, I don't think I've seen a group of defensive tackles that have been this good. Well, a lot of those guys.
Speaker 2: That you mentioned, like Graham, I don't know if he's there at twelve.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying I was just saying that the name I said Grant. I didn't say Graham. I didn't say Graham. You could so throw Golden in there, throw Grant in there, Throw Williams from Ohio State, Harmon from Oregon, Alexander Alexander from Toledo, Sanders from South Carolina. This is a this is a deep group. I mean, heck, we you know, my man Nick here just threw a Peoples at me in the fourth round, you know, I mean, I just you wonder you wonder though, and with the ones Collins West, Philip sure cald Well, those names are better than anybody you just named. I mean to me, you're drafting one of these guys here. I think it's a much much better player than what they've had to deal with in the past that maybe they were, you know, maybe they're like, oh, we're kind of forced to have to do this and it doesn't work out as well.
Speaker 5: I'll say this, I don't think even if you still get a guy high, like if you look at that second round.
Speaker 6: Forty four, maybe one of these defensive tackles.
Speaker 5: Because I'm fully with Brian and this is an elite deep defensive tackle class. There is no problem with having too much depth. I think at the defensive tackle position.
Speaker 3: No question. And so, but you are spending twenty million dollars a year, I think if that on the position.
Speaker 2: If that's the case, you're not spending a top three round pick on your three tech.
Speaker 3: You've you've kind of you've addressed that it's there.
Speaker 2: But now you can address another spot too, because I'm also when I'm looking at this football team, Yes we needed three tech help. Yes, the Cowboys needed some help in that regard, but they also need help in wider They need help at running back, they need help at corner, they need help a linebacker at one tech. All of these different areas can now be addressed because you've checked a box and you've gotten.
Speaker 3: I'm still drafted the dude, And at forty four, I mean I might even think about it again. You know, I'm not thinking about it at twelve. Now, I might think about it at twelve. Now. Okay, let me ask you guys this. Do you see Graham Michigan as a one or three technique? And if he's there, I mean my colleague to the left here, my scouty buddy here, he's like, Graham, sign me up, let's go. Yeah. See that's what I'm saying is he a one or three on your board?
Speaker 4: I think he could play either, but I have him as a one.
Speaker 3: I do too. Ye see, there's guys around the league that say he's a three. But yeah, but he knew he lost all that weight. I think he did it for the combine to because he was going to get crushed at the combine their short arms. Doesn't look but just throw on the tape. Okay, the guy is a outstanding football player, but they were going to crush him on all the things at the combine that you measure. So to me, if you guys see him as the one, you seem two hundred ninety six pounds as a one or were you are you? You need to be like three. You need to be at least much like we.
Speaker 2: Thought about my same same scenario where he weighed in lower than we thought, and then he got here and he was under three hundred pounds of training camp. Yeah, and he never really got back to that. It would be the same category for me, and I don't I don't want to go down that road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair. That's why I love, trust me. I love the fact that they got osa done. I'm really happy for him. I just wonder though, and this is not a complaint, but it's just you just signed a player twenty million dollars a year at one of the deepest positions in a draft in my opinion, yep. And that's where I think you have to look at it and you're like, Okay, maybe maybe they're not as high on these guys as we as I am.
Speaker 4: Maybe it'll also just be a burden hand situation where it's like, hey, we know this guy, he's been here four years, he's one of the best pass rushing defensive interior lineman. We're okay with putting that twenty million dollars per year price tag on him, rather than hey, you know, whoever you draft, whether they feel like Walter Nolan is a steal at twelve or or they feel like it's a reach at twelve, it would still be a guy that they'd be taking a chance on at the end of the day, rather than a guy that they already know that's been in the building for four years. They could still feel pretty good about this defensive tackle class. And you know, who's to say that they don't still get one in the first couple of days.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope they do. I hope they do. I just was wondering though, from what you guys thought about that, you know, spending money at a very very deep position. That's that's the only reason I brought that up.
Speaker 6: I understand your concern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think that Nick, well, it's not a concern, it's just a question.
Speaker 5: Well, I understand your question there. I think Knick's line of thinking is right. Where you keep the guy who's been a shirt commodity for you. This guy has played in every game that he's.
Speaker 3: Been in Dallas.
Speaker 5: Question the health of the availability is something that he's had. He started I think sixty three straight games. So you know, you keep a guy who has been in the building and now you know, gets to work with a guy who prioritizes his position and sure one of the best in the league of that position. Well, like I said, if they took a defensive tackle with at twelve, if they feel really good about a guy or forty four or even in the third I wouldn't feel bad about that at all. I think, I mean, look at what Philadelphia just did in the Super Bowl. I mean they were deep at the position. Yeah, and it absolutely completely changes how you can play the game.
Speaker 2: I mean one of the top available free agents right now is Milton Millon Williams exactly. I mean, they've they've elevated his draft stock even to get to that point. I like I said, I agree that it has to be asked and the question has to be asked, but apparently it was enough to answer.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they're fine. Are the issues that the Cowboys have run into is second contracts? Yeah, they have not always got the bang for the buck in the second contract and so you know that My hope is that that they actually this one that that starts the trend going the other way, and.
Speaker 2: They were proactive with it too, which is another thing they haven't done and has led.
Speaker 3: To that across the board.
Speaker 2: So different couple of options there with os Digizua and company.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: There was a story that I heard last week on O SO SO that I think is is kind of fascinating. Okay mentioned he has missed one game and his Cowboys career. It was one and it was in his rookie season. He had gotten a massage and the massage therapist had COVID and he was just being a good teammate and being a good you know, rookie and he's like, hey, guys, like, I just want to let y'all know. He's like, shut up if you weren't supposed to tell us.
Speaker 3: So they had to.
Speaker 4: They had to keep him out of a game in contact, uh with with somebody who had COVID.
Speaker 6: So like, he's really never responsible teammate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, responsible, good, good, good guy.
Speaker 3: That's why they brought him back. Yeah. Great, it's a great locker room guy.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: The NFL Combine, of course in the review mirror, a couple of standouts from there. Tommy, you made the trip out there, Nick, you were out there for a little bit. You're wearing her Indianapolis jack.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like an NBA All Star game yep, with a little racing flair to it too. Uh yeah, So, I mean who improved their draft stock? We just heard about, uh, what you you have with guys like Graham and Grant and what they've done at the NFL Combine. But what about the rest of the group. Anybody else stick out to you?
Speaker 3: Tommy? What position do you want anyone? Okay overall stand up?
Speaker 5: Well, well, we'll talk about defensive tackles. This is a guy that you brought up Kyle Tyree and Ingram Dawkins from Georgia six five and seventy six pounds ran a four to eight six forty thirty six inch vert at that size, that's that's pretty impressive. Two hundred and seventy six pounds A little light, but you know, if you're looking for, if we're talking about the Cowboys liking guys maybe later on in the draft at that position and they want to get some depth later on, I think Ingram Dawkins can.
Speaker 3: Be that for you.
Speaker 5: Jalen Nole from Iowa State, the wide receiver. A lot of talk about Jayden Higgins being that big outside target, and people are starting to find out now about Jaylen Nole. Bobby put out a Bobby Belt put out a good tweet yesterday about how everything we've heard about the guys, he's a great leader, and I think that's that sentiment is correct. You know, I remember talking to Jalen at Big twelve media days a couple of years ago when I was covering Texas, and you can tell that he kind of comes across as a light but then from a testing perspective four three nine in the forty eleven twelve in the in the broad jump and forty one and a half inch vertical jump, so I think that you could see him jump into the day two picture, and he maybe even goes earlier in the day.
Speaker 6: Two picture than you would think.
Speaker 5: And then Quinn shown Judkins running back from Ohio State. I thought had a very good combine, you know, I know the speed element of his Can he break away? Can he finish those long runs? It was a big question that was looming over and runs a four to four to eight forty not the best, but certainly not horrible. And then from an athletic standpoint, thirty eight and a half vertical jump, eleven feet in the broad jump at six one and twenty one pounds. So it's a deep running back class, but I think Judkins moved himself up maybe a couple of spots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, those are some good names to throw out there. I want to stick with the receiver position at Matthew Golden running at four to eight four nine, Maxwell Harriston running a four to two eight as well, the corner out of Kentucky. You know, that's a guy that I think probably stamped a placement right around in the late twenties to early thirties as far as where he could go on draft weekend. Shamar Stewart is an interesting case because he had he only had four and a half sacks of production during his entire career at Texas A and M. But you see him generating pressure, you see him being active in the run game. You see that size coming around and ceiling the edge, and then he has this combine that just kind of blows everybody out of the water.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, this is our top fifteen guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no, I feel like you could get some other better value in the top fifteen if we're talking that specifically personally, if we're talking about the edge position, you know, I'm more of a Mikel Williams guy than a Shamar Stewart guy. We're talking the top fifteen, even I know there's some other edges that are probably further than the first round. I have a first round great on Donovan as a ryaku out of Boston College. I might be on an island on that sense, but I think he is a hell of a pass rusher. Obviously not as big as Shamar Stewart or Mikel Williams, but I just feel like there's some other guys in that range you could work with, but I still he's still a winner from the combine. Also, want to take a look at Terrence Ferguson, the tight end out of Oregon had a really great combine as well. You look at the size on him, six' five. OVER i believe he came in over two fifty and had a great. Workout that's a guy who's probably stamped his placement as a day two. PICK i really liked WHAT i saw From Terrence. Ferguson and you know The cowboys tight end is on the. Board when Is when is tight end on the?
Speaker 3: Board is the?
Speaker 4: Question is it something you take a swing on on day? Three, like, hey we got this six?
Speaker 3: Round Come they're going to make everybody mad and take one at at in the.
Speaker 4: Third exactly they Take they Take Terrence ferguson and pair out The Ferguson. Bros for the next few. Years you, know how how does? That how does that work?
Speaker 3: Out i'm going to talk about real quick about Uh ursery From. Minnesota oh, Yeah, Arion yeah, yeah. Righty and there's no extra. Syllables the the thing about him is AND i AND i GUESS i meet. Personally these guys have got to show me that they played the way they test on. Tape if you don't do, That i'm not going to sit there and massively swing you up and down that. Board But urser is a guy that's interesting just for the fact that he tested much better at three hundred and thirty one pounds than he. PLAYS i do think And i'm Maybe i'm alone on. THIS i know that watched AND i go back and forth about this one little. BIT i think this is a slow footed, guy and you watch him coming out of his, stance and there's times he does he doesn't get away from the line particularly. Well but he tested like a guy that could be that type of. Player but you, know you've got to show me that you could play at these, speeds or you got to show me that you can play at this your your, power your, level your verticals and your broad, jump you, know the short. SHUTTLES a great example to me is AND i was watching the running back From Texas tech AND i was just AND i was just amazed, about you, know with his. Situation brooks is it Rights Codge, Brooks And i'm Watching Todge brooks play And i'm, thinking, like, okay well he ran four five two he's two hundred and fourteen. Pounds but you're, thinking, like there's some times where he gets caught and it doesn't look as as, fast maybe the long speed stuff like. That but what you do see is the, shuttle the four oh. Six you see that ability of the twenty yard. Sheld you see the, cut the, cut and then go the, cut the, cut the, cut then. Go so you see. That so there's ways you could take the combine numbers and apply him To if a player's playing that, way they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars testing for this thing or training for this. Thing just be careful out. There don't don't, let don't let combined. Workouts i'll remind you Of Mike mamula in a draft From Boston. College if you don't know Who Mike mamula, is go look him up and tell me what kind of career he. Had great combine, tester drafted seventh. Overall really from a combine raiders did it for a, year drafting combine guys that can, run they can't. Play make sure that the workouts show in the. Tape that's that's how you tie the two. Together it's actually a twitter on the twenty.
Speaker 2: Question yeah, too and we can hit it now since we're already talking about, it because it is a great reminder when you're putting these things together and you're building your, board use the combine as extra. Context don't use it as the, concrete, Right it's just extra things to go into your prep work to, Say, Wow Matthew golden did run before two. Eight that's you can see the separation your, speed there's route running all of this. Thing and then, oh by the, way he ran a four to two. Eight that means he can get up and go and he had a great split there. Too all of those things, matter but they're not the only. Thing don't let it be the only.
Speaker 5: Thing i'm gonna give you one more name here before we get To twitter on the twenty hours very, quickly And i'm looking right at my Guy Botch. Lombardi hope you feel, better, pal and happy related birthday. Too oh, Yeah Matthew golden From texas first round lock unbelievable combine and, yeah hook. Them AND i think this was a guy Who brian talked about marrying the tape with the combine. Performance AND i think that's the guy that at LEAST i feel like you see it with a. Speed for whatever, reason was a concern with him based on what you saw on.
Speaker 6: Tape this guy was a track. Star you knew he was going to do well at the.
Speaker 5: COMBINE i really think that this was a great move or a great excuse, me a great combine For Matthew. Gold and he's established himself among the best receivers in the. Class And i'll watch AND i have first round grades on. Him SO i don't know if you do, Too, brian.
Speaker 3: But i've got him down. There you, know if you're talking about like thirteen fourteen, players he's probably player, fifteen, sixteen seventeen in the, stacks so he's right. There but, yeah you guys were clearly the two guys that were on and For, yeah So.
Speaker 2: I've been marking, like whenever you guys bring up a guy on my, Board i'll put a little. Emoji and the emoji THAT i have for, You tommy is just The. Longhorn, yeah the two up in the. Air that's the Emoji i've been, using And i've had it on there since like day one of the. Draft so kudos to. You he's he's definitely gonna be up there in terms of those receivers before we get To twitter on the, twenty did anybody kind of disappoint you in a certain. Sense it's hard to be disappointing because at the combine you're looking for, positives you're looking for a couple of. Things but did something stick out that, said, hey maybe we should flag this and double back on the film for.
Speaker 4: IT i think the biggest one Is Tess, johnson The oregon wide, receiver coming in at one hundred and fifty four pounds and running over four four.
Speaker 3: Eight, yeah four four eight was his was his.
Speaker 4: Time you, know at that size you got to have better speed than.
Speaker 3: That and it, is, uh but don't you play like? That? Yeah it doesn't he. PLAY i mean he plays with, quickness he plays with a, burst he does.
Speaker 4: Separate it just feels like ever since That Rose bowl, ended his stock has just been like slowly coming. Down and we were talking about him being like a fringe like round.
Speaker 2: Guy he was great at The Senior, bowl had an awesome week.
Speaker 3: There but it was all good at The Senior.
Speaker 2: Bowl, yeah it was all stuff that was In AND i heard a scout tab it as, this but he said it was TikTok routes where it's it shows up and it looks great because you leave a guy in the, Dust but is he actually going to work On? Sundays probably, Not and that's kind of what we've seen From tez at.
Speaker 3: Time, YEAH i. Agree do you see anything else along the way with? THAT i do. Not, Okay, SORRY i got a. Call it was like it's.
Speaker 2: Important, Sorry we'll take our, break but we come. Back we've Got twitter on the, twenties So nick can handle some business with more of The draft show coming up right after.
Speaker 9: This life is a, workout And Smoothie king is here to help you power, through whether you're maxing out overhead, presses push them through chest, flies or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary. Bridge Smoothie king has the fuel to help you go all, out build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of, protein zero grams of added, sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and The Gladiator smoothie available in, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only At Smoothie.
Speaker 8: Kin All. Right Drew, pearston Former Dallas cowboy and Now Pro Football hall Of, famer here if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and. Glasses don't throw, Ahead mary go WHERE i. Went Laser Care Eye, center the official laser partner of The Dallas.
Speaker 10: Cowboys, drew thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction. Procedure at LASERCARE I, center we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see.
Speaker 8: Check them out at dfwis dot. Com tell Them drew sent. You Hood.
Speaker 11: Hoo I'm Dak, prescott quarterback of The Dallas.
Speaker 3: Cowboys as they snapper the, preshout who looks, right it's not. There he escaped Slapt he'll look her. Stout just like.
Speaker 11: Football when it comes to, crypto it's important to have a team you can. Trust with blockchain Dot, COM i Know i'm in good. Hands since twenty, eleven they've been trusted by millions around the world to, buy, sell and trade.
Speaker 12: Cryptocurrency pruscott's gonna run this, himself run it up the, middle and he.
Speaker 11: Scores whether you're new to crypto or an active, Trader they've got you.
Speaker 3: Covered what are you waiting? For get started at blockchain dot. Com cowboys.
Speaker 13: Fans when it comes to navigating the ever changing world of. Tax your business needs a partner can trust to tackle even your biggest tax.
Speaker 3: Challenges ryan and is.
Speaker 13: The largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business. Taxes our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you. Had learn more about How ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by Visiting ryan dot. Com ryan the official tax partner of The Dallas.
Speaker 1: Cowboys this is The dallascowboys dot Com Draft.
Speaker 2: Show the first Ever Lone Star smokeout is coming To. Arlington Watchheadliners Joe, Party Cody, Jinks midland and more at this three day outdoor country music, festival plus enjoy barbecue from some of the best pitmasters in the. Country get your tickets today at seat geek dot, com the official ticketing partner OF at AND T. Stadium that's more of my speed in terms of the read country. Music, yeah, barbecue that's all for. It there's also A Marty crawl happening today at The star. Fascinating, yeah they're shutting down the streets and you're doing A marty grawl celebration with beads and nice different food trucks and things of the sort down the. Line that's today at The star In. Frisco come stop by, admissions free to get in and it's just you go up and down the streets and do The.
Speaker 4: Marty cray what it sounded, Like marty girl in our house at about five, am this summer rain and the wind hitting it was like the beads were coming in a little.
Speaker 5: EARLY i hope everybody's families are doing, good and, yeah damn houses and damage is.
Speaker 6: Okay but, yeah that was that Was did.
Speaker 2: You get hit by it, Too, Brian, YEAH i rarely wake up AND i JUST i just let it be.
Speaker 3: Okay, hopefully you, know hopefully everything's. Okay THOUGH i think it. WAS i got it this. Morning it seemed.
Speaker 2: FINE i have like a grill in my backyard that's been in the same spot SINCE i moved into the, house and the.
Speaker 3: Grills about four feet over to the right from where it. Was it just slid over with the wind moved some stuff.
Speaker 2: Around, yeah it had like pillows in the neighbor's yard and all sorts of. Stuff it was pretty all. Right when, uh when we get into the second. Segment that just means.
Speaker 3: It's time for some time for Some. Thanks good job.
Speaker 2: Man all, right post, combine how does your wide receiver and running back board stacked? Up did it switch around at all during your time watching THE Nfl?
Speaker 4: Combine, yeah that's a that's a that's a good, ONE i think with with combine with those SPECIFIC uh, positions in my, OPINION i value the tape so much more with running back and, receivers SO i wouldn't say there's a huge jump. Around if, Anything i'm more so feeling better About Matthew golden coming out of the, week and more so as a first round type. PLACEMENT i still have a second round grade on, him But i'm not against the first round love that he has. Gotten but and then looking at running back, POSITION i, mean you look at a guy Like Damien. MARTINEZ i really liked. HIM i had a third round grade went into the, combine and that more so just confirmed my theory on. Him he's going to be a guy that will visit with The cowboys during the pre draft. Process he's A lewisville, native so that's. Big but aside from, THAT i don't feel like there was any real you, know big moment at the running back position that made, me you, know take anything else away IF.
Speaker 3: I could look at another position real. Quick AND i want to ask you, guys this At South carolina safety that Ran amanda May, oh he tested so, well why does he not play as well as he? Tests BECAUSE i didn't move him and people were asking me would they consider him at? Twelve? Now, NO i don't THINK i still have him in the third. Round i've got him in like a late. Second, yeah where are you guys looking AT? I i have him as a.
Speaker 4: SECOND i JUST i love the length in the range that has back, there sure that that length can certainly work out and he's a thumper in the run.
Speaker 3: Game. Yeah, now Granted i'd Take watts over him From Notre. Dame as a, player.
Speaker 4: You probably have more of a sure. Thing and to bring up the ceiling floor argument with, you why would you do? That BUT i think you're trying to confuse thing With. Watts BUT i think the ceiling could be higher with, him and worry.
Speaker 3: Does he did? He did he play as well as he worked? Out in your? Opinion? NO i MEAN i know you got second round grades because, yeah you're higher on, him AND i am.
Speaker 4: YEAH i still feel like his his thumping in the run game has range with his. LENGTH i feel like it does show up on. TAPE i, do and SPECIFICALLY i go back to The TEXAS a AND m game that they had this past year where he was all over the. Place granted that defensive. Line when you play with that defensive line in front of, you it can really help out some. Things BUT i like him And worry on?
Speaker 3: Tape do you have him Or starks? Higher starts From George. STARKS i Have starks higher, Too that's.
Speaker 2: The only em And worry is my second, safety and Then watts is right after him in third and that's kind of the WAY i have him stacked right. Now but, YEAH i would agree with. YOU i think he worked out better than what he. Plays BUT i also don't have a first round grade at. SAFETY i Have starks as a second round. Grade what about you anything wide receiver running? Back to answer the, question.
Speaker 5: NO i would go With nick THAT i feel better About, Golden but, again don't over the, Course Luthor, burden don't overthink troll, McMillan AND i think.
Speaker 3: People are starting to overthink. McMillan, yeah they really are let him do. It just had him in his mock, draft had him with The cowboys, TODAY i think at, twelve so.
Speaker 4: Did jordan read out OF. Espn i'll say two names THAT i heard the most coming out Of. Indianapolis and, granted this staff has still got a lot of work to do as far as catching up on this draft, class so things can. Change things almost certainly will. Change but the two names THAT i heard from talking to people around the league throughout the week In indy Was tero McMillan as far as The cowboys, go And Mikel williams out Of. Georgia those two guys get gaining, speed at least in my, eyes as potential placements at number.
Speaker 2: Twelve which one would you like?
Speaker 4: Better I'MITHER i like mc McMillan would be, awesome but Man williams would be a hell of A Dmarcus lawrence. Replacement If lawrence is not backw next.
Speaker 2: Year if we're talking about revamping your defensive front and trying to do What philadelphia did where you don't know where it's coming, from that's that's What Mikel williams could bring.
Speaker 4: You but also in that same, sense if you do take a guy Like Mikel. Williams are you basically, saying, Hey Marshaw, kneeland we you, know we know you last year the same way as we know you were hurt last. Year but we're going to take this guy and you're going to have to beat. Him, SO i, MEAN i don't, KNOW i don't know how that plays.
Speaker 2: Out he could, ALSO i, mean the trade game could be a factor. There if you want to take A Mikel, williams you want to maybe use A Marshaw neeland And Sam williams who have some upside but haven't necessarily shown, it whether it be because of injuries or, rotations then maybe that's a. Thing BUT i THINK i would rather go McMillan because he's higher on my board And i'm not window dressing at this.
Speaker 3: Point i'm going with.
Speaker 2: McMillan i'm not overthinking, it And i'm getting a solidified ONE b to see the.
Speaker 3: LAMP i. Agree how many let's look at your, boards, guys how? Many how many give me your names in the third? Round if you guys have got it broke no At Ed edge Oh, man some good ones.
Speaker 2: Go Josiah, Stewart, Michigan Nick, Scourton, TEXAS a and M land And, Jackson, Arkansas Jack, Sawyer ohio stage.
Speaker 3: Just the name a.
Speaker 4: Few yeah those J t tow them all the. While you Have Ashton, GELOTE i think On.
Speaker 3: LOUISVILLE i have.
Speaker 2: Your donovan, ask, YEAH i have.
Speaker 3: HIM i have in the second round as.
Speaker 4: Well Antoine Powell island out Of.
Speaker 3: Virginia. Tech, okay, okay pair that. Up you're gonna take take your, take your, take your, uh Your williams in the at twelve and give me a. Receiver then in the second you would take and then flip it and put McMillan and then take an.
Speaker 4: EDGE i see what you're. Saying, okay so pair him.
Speaker 3: Up that's. Fair it's my third. Round we're going the second round or third. Round go go take your, Take go go second round if you, want or actually go, third go.
Speaker 2: Third if we're taking a, receiver, yeah you.
Speaker 3: Take you take McMillan at one and then and then you're Taking williams at one and then pair it with the opposite in the third.
Speaker 4: Round let's let's just for toots and. Giggles let's go with McMillan and. UH i Like Jack, SAWYER i just worry about the arm. Length so you're telling Me Azi roku will be there in the third, round because if, So i'll TAKE.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's will take you, THERE i have. HIM i don't. THINK i don't think HE'S i don't.
Speaker 4: Think uh then, yeah let's just uh.
Speaker 3: Soul do you like him From texas at?
Speaker 12: All?
Speaker 3: Uh, YEAH i don't.
Speaker 4: Like him in the Third, swinston he did have a great. Combine i'd love his. Bend you know What i'll give You. Swinson i'll give You. Swinson.
Speaker 3: Okay so McMillan, swinson, okay and then Take williams in a wide receiver in the third and tell me which one you, like which group you like? Better who is your third?
Speaker 6: Round in the? Third what's That Trey harris old miss in the?
Speaker 3: THIRD i got him in the?
Speaker 6: Third yeah that in a, Heartbeat i've GOT i have a second grade on.
Speaker 3: Him that would be.
Speaker 4: Yeahs there in the. Third if he's there in the, third and that's the big that's the BIG x guy that you can.
Speaker 3: Throw out, There i've got him in the. Third.
Speaker 4: Yeah Then i'm Taking Jaydon higgins AND i really good about.
Speaker 3: IT i would feel good about Does royals make it to the second or third.
Speaker 4: Round i've got him in the, second SO i think he makes it to. THIS i don't think he makes it maybe to seventy seventy, six seventy, Six, yeah BUT.
Speaker 3: I SEE I Now i'm struggling because because IF i take McMillan And SWINSON lsu AND i Take williams And royals From Utah, State i'm struggling a little bit. NOW i Mean i'm struggling BECAUSE i, like REALLY i like both. Pairings BUT i have McMillan so high on my board in my stack THAT i think THAT i would take. Him BUT i really like to say That i've GOT i Got swinson right there in the top of the Third so if we were grading for The, COWBOYS i would have him like as a one three to zero one three. One so we've.
Speaker 2: Talked so significantly about the high end, receivers guys like McMillan And burden And golden And, Igbuca, Royals, hunter all these guys, there but we've we've also hit the depth Of Ed. RUSHER i THINK i would rather chance it on the edge because there were more names THAT i liked in the third at edge just across the. Board even if it's not the l S u edge rusher, there he's there for me. Too SO i like those names more at edge, rusher and there's more of. THEM i only have like six third round grades for wide, receivers but royals into the fourth.
Speaker 3: Hers, Yeah Tez Johnson.
Speaker 2: Higgins i've Got jack beck in there or besh in there from FROM tcu third, round late. Third, Yeah i've got him as the final third action The but, yeah like those are the guys That i've got ahead of, them AND i would rather take the edge rusher in the third and figure it out from.
Speaker 3: There how about a defensive? Tackle then do it with a defensive. Tackle take McMillan in a defensive.
Speaker 2: Tackle and Then i'm talking About peebles out Of Virginia Tech Omar Norman Norman lott From tennessee.
Speaker 4: Talking to people In. Indianapolis Dion walker is really starting to. Slip he's a guy that.
Speaker 3: Might imagine that third. Round But i've got him in the that's. Project that is a.
Speaker 4: Projectackle how how comfortable would you?
Speaker 3: Feel doesn't he doesn't he play like he terrifies, You like, yeah one, Minute you're, Like, god what a nice, play and then you're, like is he in the? Game is the rotating? Him what are they doing with this?
Speaker 4: Guy tell you what a GUY i have a third round great on. THAT i don't feel like third round.
Speaker 3: Myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah another guy in the third round THAT i feel like would not be as much of a. Project Alfred collins out Of. Texas, yeah that's an athletic, guy beats double triple teams at a high, rate active. Fans he had multiple batted balls in that defensive line At texas last. Year basketball. BACKGROUND i mean there's there's a lot to luck about him. Too so you're saying, receiver defensive. Tackle, yeah then, yeah if you go to and whatever in the second round and Then.
Speaker 3: Collins in the third, round CAN i ask you guys a real quick, question then power rank these guys for? Me these defensive, tackles these one Techniques Collins. West phillips, called, well have you Seen? Caldwell have you had M callwell At? Oregon? YEAH i would.
Speaker 4: GO i would Go collins out Of, texas, Right Jamari caldwell out Of. Oregon, Okay Phillips, West phillips out Of, Maryland west out Of, India.
Speaker 3: AND i Went Collins West Phillips. Caldwell that's the FOUR i had.
Speaker 4: Order, Yeah i'm just a Big calledwell guy.
Speaker 3: Is a good, player and you're not wrong with.
Speaker 4: THAT i Mean phillips is the strongest player in this class in My.
Speaker 3: Yeah, YEAH i JUST i was just. Curious it's real quick. Too peebles And. FARMER i like people give me. Peebles, yeah they're. Both they're they're touching.
Speaker 4: Tack i'll tell you, what though a lot of people In indy disagree with us on.
Speaker 3: Peoples you feel the, Same oh, NO I i Have peoples Over. FARMER i have both in the fourth round. Though But i'm telling you. What the THING i like the way that people's. Attacks this is The Virginia tech three techniques who we're talking about. HERE i love the way he attacks the gaps and. Stuff But Farmer. Man there might be something To farmer. Too, yeah more so about how people. LOOK i got him over pegeese from old Miss. Yeah so, okay thanks for that's a great. One thank. You all, right we got to get one more.
Speaker 2: Question we can't just do.
Speaker 3: One sorry about.
Speaker 2: That Bull durham On, twitter the Famous Bull durham, says where would you Rank mazi among those defensive tackles in this class if he was coming out this, year but you cannot factor what he's done in THE.
Speaker 3: Nfl you got a factor in what he was as a.
Speaker 4: Prospect i'm probably not the best person to ask about.
Speaker 2: That what do you, Think, brian based off of what we were doing scouting him back in what was that twenty?
Speaker 3: THREE i would HAVE i WOULD i would have actually the group Of Grant, williams T Leake williams is that right? Yep From Ohio, State. HARMON i would have him fourth in that second round. CLUSTER i have Of Grant Williams harmon in, him.
Speaker 4: And that's you Have nolan as a first or second.
Speaker 3: Rounder the second round is a three technique? Gotcha?
Speaker 2: Okay, YEAH i would Put i'd probably right around. There he's in That Grant Nolan Sanders williams conversation for me BECAUSE i had a second round great on. Him i'm looking at my board right. HERE i had him Behind Jalen, Carter Elijah, Cansey Brian, breaesy and he was right there With keanu And benton who's had a decent.
Speaker 3: Career he was right there Where dallas is picking for, ME i had him right in that like in the. STACK i want to say he was in the forty forty. Four THAT'S i have him at forty. Five he's right there in that second. Round SO i WOULD i would take all three of those GUYS i Mentioned grant Williams herman over him if that was the, case AND i think all three of those guys are going to be right about the same, SPOT i would PROBABLY i agree with you on the three.
Speaker 2: NAMES i would Throw Walter nolan in there Because i'm a little more.
Speaker 3: Intrigued but, Well NOLAN'S i separate, MY i separate MY i got. GRADED i Graded masey as a. One, yeah so that's WHY i put him with the. One, Yeah i've got. It i've got him all in one. Stack So i'm looking at just the look at it at that. Point But nolan would be in that category as a three tech instead of a. One sanders there kind of the same, thing all.
Speaker 2: Right when we come, BACK i want to touch on a couple of the guys that we've talked, about uh since or that you guys have watched film wise since we've last, talked because we haven't talked To nick in a. While brian was at spring training last, week and Then tommy was out at THE Nfl. Combine who are some of the guys you've watched since? THEN i want to hit some of the rumors. Too nicks kind of alluded to a couple of them rumor round table from THE Nfl. Combine do you believe it or do you not believe? It with more of the draft show right AT i don't.
Speaker 14: Believe I'm Darren, woodson Former Dallas cowboy player And Super bowl.
Speaker 3: Champion WHEN i played in.
Speaker 14: THE nfl at a high, LEVEL i relied on my vision to see the. Field AS i started getting, OLDER i noticed my vision wasn't as good AND i was.
Speaker 3: Getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all.
Speaker 14: DAY i went To Lasercare Eye center And DOCTOR g talked about all the. Options thanks to technology And Lasercare Eye, CENTER i can see near far in. Between don't fumble your vision any.
Speaker 6: Longer visit them.
Speaker 14: At dfwis dot com and tell Them darren sent.
Speaker 3: You they got me back on my.
Speaker 15: Game Star Sports tours is the only efficient fan travel part of The Dallas, cowboys offering exclusive game weekend travel packages for the, pregame sideline access and photo ops with current, players cheerleaders And cowboy. Legends want to stay at The Team, hotel attend the best tail gay party In, texas tour The.
Speaker 3: Star and talk x's and ods with Me Everson. Walls With Star.
Speaker 15: Sports, tours you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel Package.
Speaker 9: Today life is a, workout And Smoothie king is here to help you power.
Speaker 3: Through whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 9: Overhead, presses pushing through chest, flies or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary, Bridge Smoothie king has the fuel to help you go all, out build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of, protein zero grams of added, sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and The Gladiator smoothie available in, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only At Smoothie.
Speaker 12: Kit how about Them cowboys or how about Them Tyson Cowboys. Nuggets as we cheer for the stars on the, field we love that we've also got some stars on our.
Speaker 3: Plate thanks To Tyson.
Speaker 12: Brands star shaped cowboygets pat along with all our other Favorite Tyson foods, products sure make game day. Special score some Delicious Tyson Cowboys nuggets and become a game day star just like Our. Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the. Plate, remember tailgates and game day have always Been tyson.
Speaker 3: Jez is The dallascowboys dot Com Draft.
Speaker 2: Show experience a fabulous shopping day at The Flea Style market at The star In, frisco presented By marketplace By michaels On, Saturday march twenty. Second this vibrant outdoor market is packed with over sixty local artisans ARTISANS i don't even know how to say that. Word offering a curated selection of, fashion, Jelry, YEAH i think you go maybe home, decor, kids, goodies and lifestyle must. Haves for all the, details head to The Star district dot. Com that reads more from my wife.
Speaker 3: More than for. Me Read artisan's Farms Time?
Speaker 2: Artisan what is? That what is artisan?
Speaker 3: STUFF i think it's kind of like, Rustic oh really kind of like, yeah artists and bread and stuff like that kind of roughly.
Speaker 2: Made ye talking like Like i'm gonna stay away from. It all, right let's go into actually good is?
Speaker 3: It i'll look into. It the uh rumor meal rumor MILL i should are You, OKAY i don't.
Speaker 8: Know i'm.
Speaker 3: TIRED i didn't get a whole lot of sleep last. Night we had some trip lets up last.
Speaker 2: Night the rumors from THE Nfl combine this week were starting to. CIRCLE i want to either say you either agree with, it have heard, it maybe disagree with. It let's just kind of talk about it because around this time it is lying. Season we mentioned that last week as. Well Ayisha morrison did a great job filling in and we had a couple of good.
Speaker 3: Shows but we started to.
Speaker 2: Hear some murmurs coming out Of, indianapolis one of which kind of reminds me of twenty twenty. One there was this rumor surrounding a guy Named Micah, parsons now his his next man up number eleven From Penn. STATE a Dual carter has a similar rumor about work ethic and. Character do you believe any of that along the?
Speaker 3: Way is that something that should hurt.
Speaker 2: As draft stock or you drafting just the player as is talk about Dual CARTER a.
Speaker 3: Dual, Carter i'm not worried about. It i'm not. Worried i'm Not i'd worry about the. Foot so that's what we're going to.
Speaker 5: Work if we're finding something to worry, About, yeah that's more WHAT i WILL i think.
Speaker 3: THAT i think What i've learned about the foot is what he has the condition is something that potentially could be. Bad it's kind of the the actual the stress fractures or what shows up on the on the. Scants so he has a condition that is pre to. That so are we going to be dealing with potential, uh stress fractures in his? Foot And i'm not saying this like a gas mask the hope to get him down to twelve so The cowboys could. Draft i'm saying it as talking to trainers and doctors. Stuff this is a legitimate concern more so than maybe the character. Stuff the character STUFF i do believe IS i do believe it's. True, Okay and you know there's a there's a certain level of you put up with players that are. Great it's a great football player right. There so you, know sometimes these programs are, like, Hey i'm glad to see you, go best of luck to, you that kind of. THING i believe that is. True BUT i would worry more about the. Foot and but the potential with stress fractures in that foot is something that a lot of people have kind of warned me about would it deter you away from pick twelve in That, NO i don't think. So, Yeah But i'm just, saying though it would be you could talk about the character stuff and all that and all you. Want you, know there's there's a lot of Things i'm not going to say WHAT i would allow a player to do as long as he gets to the, Quarterback, yeah as long as it. Works BUT i will say this, though medical, concerns especially with. Feet these these gentleman make a living playing on their. Feet, yeah and if you have a problem with them going, forward it's SOMETHING i don't want to deal with every. Year but that's kind of the precursor to what this kid might.
Speaker 4: Have we're you gonna, ANSWER i think From Abdull carter doesn't have anybody taking his name off boards or. Anything James pierce out Of. Tennessee probably that was going.
Speaker 3: To be my next.
Speaker 4: One, yeah, yeah and that those that's a concern that probably has a little bit more validity to. It not that there's no valid concerns To Abdull, carter but these concerns With Peers school all the way back to his high school. Days so that's a Name i've heard more concerns about Then Abdul.
Speaker 2: Carter, yeah and it's character, related they're not medical. Related and SO i, mean he tore up the, combine was phenomenal in the. Drills his tape is first round quality. Tape but if you're having that much of a consensus across the, league And i've heard, it maybe if there's thirty teams in the, League i've heard probably twenty of them think there is a character concern and there's.
Speaker 3: Probably twelve they.
Speaker 2: Don't and so he'll probably still end up in the first round because somebody's going to keep them keep his name on the board and they're going to keep looking at. It but there was also the rumor that he could slip into the third. Round they could keep him going into late day.
Speaker 3: Two. Yeah, see this is the disadvantage that we have as the media scouting community is that we can get tape and we can watch, it but we're not privy to all the things that are behind the scenes with, characters. Medical you, know you might get fortunate to hear about a player or two that, hey you need to keep an eye on. This and because we'll be working on this, draft and all of a, sudden why is this guy? Sliding why is this guy? Sliding and Then bobby Or nick Or tommy's going to come up and, say hey THIS i heard this about this. Kid and then you're going to, go, OKAY i didn't know. That, well second round grade on the tape characters going to drive him to the Fourth, yeah you, know so you's got to be alert for.
Speaker 2: That the next rumor That i've got up here is THE nfl has no consensus AT qb. Two it appears Cam ward would be the first quarterback off the. Board what ABOUT qb? Two maybe not Shouldar.
Speaker 5: Jackson dart's Helped, Yeah Jackson dart has helped himself out a. LOT i think that people are intrigued by the size and he what he's able to do with his legs at. Times you, KNOW i think he Had he's very productive during his time At Ole. MISS i think he had a great year last, year got some good weapons. There kind of towards the end of the year you saw maybe some decision making question marks that. Arose BUT i think there's a lot to work with, there and you, know you just wonder where people really have Shad Or sanders, say whether it be a scheme fit or an arm strength fit or whatever the concerns may be about.
Speaker 6: Him fit the ego.
Speaker 5: Fit maybe it just depends kind of what teams have in their valuation of. Him i'm not saying that he couldn't be the second quarterback take AND i think that's absolutely still a. Possibility But dart is a name to. WATCH i think, that AND i kind of talked about this little bit On. Twitter Quinn ewers had a great combine from a throwing the ball around, perspective because that's been the environment that he's thrived in since high. School those settings where he just gets to sling it to wide receivers with NO dbs around and no, pressure no, pressure and he just gets to show. Off there's a really pretty ball and it's easy to, catch and receivers love the passes that he. Throws but there's there's no, pressure there's no. Defender so there's still plenty of questions about. Him BUT i wonder if you, know people watch his workout and he's going to have A Pro day two WHERE i guarantee there are gonna be some throws where he makes people are, like oh my. God quin youwers look at this, play but it's really easy to look good in those, settings and viewers just look good in those settings for a long.
Speaker 6: Time so you just got to remember.
Speaker 5: That BUT i wonder if that boosts him up enough for a team to be taken maybe at that.
Speaker 3: Spot i'll say.
Speaker 4: This about yours had an extensive meeting with The cowboys last. Week was not a, formal but it was one of those extensive informals where they really kind of dope into his brain a little. Bit they came away really. Impressed compair that If schottenheimer was at The Texas Pro day last year Where Quinn yours was throwing around To Jetavian, Sanders Xavier Worthy ad AND I mitchell looked really good that, day and you know that's that's certainly a data point that you could take away saying That schottenheimer saw him live in. Person y'all may have talked about it last week on the, show but he's working With mike McCarthy out In.
Speaker 3: Plano we didn't talk about the.
Speaker 4: Draft, process which is very. Fascinating but back to THE qb two, CONVERSATION i have SHADOR qb. TWO i feel pretty comfortable about having SHADOR qb. TWO i think there's a, gap a pretty sizable, gap but before you get TO qb. Three BUT i it would not surprise me if another guy ends u passing.
Speaker 3: Uption i'll say this About. SANDERS i was more impressed by him two years ago THAN i was this. Year AND i think that he was dealing with far more adversity two years ago when he first came to The colorado, program and there were times where he had no offensive, line the offensive. Coordinator it was a little bit of a, mess and his father was trying to kind of find you, know they went through some ey but you see what he did With Pat shermer is the play, caller FORMER nfl head, coach offensive coordinator and all. That they did some things with the offensive. Line the skill obviously on the outside it's gotten even. Better BUT i was more impressed by him two years, ago having to carry a team where it was just not very good in a lot of, spots and he was able to kind of make make do and keep them in games where they just should have got blown out a lot. More BUT i think that to, me if anybody is critical of this, KID i think they're off base about.
Speaker 5: IT i would agree with, that AND i Have sanders AS qb two as. WELL i really think that within a locker, room this is a guy who's going to be able to captivate and get his teammates to play for. HIM i know that that has been a knock at, points and you, know there are plenty of people who are haters for lack of a better, term BUT i think that his personality is one that they can kind of captivate a locker room in the. Rights, YEAH i think that he can really work.
Speaker 3: Out you have to be if if you draft this, kid you have to be ready for The. Hollywood it's just the biggest fear That Bill parcells had was called The hollywood. Quarterback where he was out, there he was in you, know he was, everywhere and you have TO i think this is the concern that probably some coaches have when you Buy shard Or. Sanders, yes you get an outstanding, player but you buy AND i, know you, Guys tommy And, nick you guys were at The Super bowl with. Me there he had a whole setup just for his podcasting stuff and just FOR i, mean it's this whole big entourage of thing him And Travis.
Speaker 7: Hunner these kids get, it they get they get the business side of promoting, themselves and you just, wonder do you want your quarterback being that type of a guy that might.
Speaker 3: Turn some teams. Off some teams might, say look at. Him he thrives in that, stuff so it'll. Yeah but, see but, See i'm sixty one years old and you, know you guys are young, guys and that's. COOL i mean that's the difference between between our age gaps and stuff like, that and where, like do you want The hollywood? Quarterback do you not want The hollywood? QUARTERBACK i love the. PLAYER i just worry.
Speaker 2: What all you what all you're going to have to have to make sure that he thrives in the.
Speaker 3: System but he thrives in that kind of that, swirling you know area THAT i said he's involved. In he thrives in. That good for.
Speaker 4: Him tell you About? Hollywood can you Move hollywood To, Cleveland? Ohio Daniel jeremiah and his most recent mock draft Had Travis hunter going To cleveland at two and Then cleveland trading back into the first round Of grab Shit door at twenty.
Speaker 3: Nine, Huh we'll be very, fascinating very. FASCINAT i, mean.
Speaker 4: How many years before deon' the head coach In cleveland negative.
Speaker 2: ONE i mean it was This it was right around this time last year that the same kind of The hollywood quarterback mantra was Around Caleb. Williams Now Caleb williams was a more nflready PROSPECT i, think and there was more, uh there's a higher grade on him coming, out but that same kind of thought process of him going To, chicago will The bears be? Comfortable and certainly they, were and they ended up making that. Pick moving, forward it's an element that you have to keep an eye.
Speaker 5: On all, right well The bears are comfortable too Bad Kayleb williams wasn't because he had four defenders in his face every. Snap but you know that that's part of it is you've got to BUILD i feel like from the inside. Out in terms of, it there would be like that In cleveland, exactly and you know he might be like that In New york, too if that's if that's a place where you look at or you, Know Las vegas and in terms of guys that the places that are being thrown out, There so you know that's always something you got to consider with these.
Speaker 2: Quarterbacks are you buying the buzz for Armand embao From?
Speaker 3: Missouri is how you say him in? BOW i think. SO i thought it Was. Membo i'm gonna look at.
Speaker 14: IT i.
Speaker 4: Am and this was a GUY i wanted to specifically wait until after the combine to watch again BECAUSE i watched him mid. SEASON i say mits it was Like november last year AND i put A i put a second round grade on. HIM i was, Like, hey this is a good. PLAYER i like this. Player he's, strong he's, physical he's. QUICK i love how he marries his bottom half.
Speaker 3: With his upper.
Speaker 4: HALF i was, like this is a good. Player and then he's now starting to get this ot one. Love he's starting to get this top fifteen. Love AND i was, Like, okay you know, What i'm gonna wait until se him in person In. INDY i want to, see you, know the physical traits in, person look him up and down and take that and watch the film. Again did SO i understand the. Hype i'm buying. It this is this is a really talented.
Speaker 2: Player you think he's he's better suited at tackle THAN i think.
Speaker 4: GUARDS i think he is BECAUSE i think he has the mobility to handle.
Speaker 3: It, okay what do you, Think. Brian I'M i wish this kid had more of a nasty side to his. Game he maybe and maybe he's just so smooth and the athletic ability that his you, know HE i think he's a really really good pass. BLOCKER i got some questions about him being a good run blocker, though BECAUSE i think that he will come off the ball AND i don't think he always has to stand and that bothers me a little. BIT i, mean he really relies on his mass to get, movement and you, know it's like when he can hook his. GUY i mean he has a he's fine with, that but he could Be AND i said, this you, know when you watch some of these, Blocks i've seen him stand around too much instead of trying to finish his. Blocks and MAYBE i caught him early With texas And South carolina in some of those. Games BUT i, MEAN i just wish there was more of a nasty side to his. Game but you got to be impressed he didn't allow a sacking four hundred and sixteen. Dropbacks that's that says something about playing in The Southeastern conference and not doing. That BUT i wish he was just more of a nastier.
Speaker 2: Player, Mimboo, memboo, Yep mimbo Like memphis first and Then boo like a like Ghost, mimbo Mimboo.
Speaker 5: Boo yeah, NO i Like memboo. TOO i think he moved up for. ME i still Have Calvin banks From texas AS myot.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 5: OKAY i think he kind of he proved himself as a tackle this weekend in terms of, size and you, know you still questioned the, arm, like but you could say the same thing about Him. BOO i think the the thing with Him boo is you can play him ATTACKLE i feel like he would fit at guard, too and you, know the, athleticism there's so much to work with there WHERE i feel like you can develop him into a better run blocker like like Like brian was talking. About but what he's able to do in the passing, GAME i think is. Enough that's really. Impressed you could feel good you're leaving him on an. ISLAND i think the numbers prove that.
Speaker 2: Too man and his his combine workout was a.
Speaker 3: Thing it was.
Speaker 2: Incredible he was the ninety seventh percentile in forty yard. Dash he ran a four nine to. One at his size six foot, four three hundred and thirty two, pounds he had a thirty four inch vertical and a one hundred and fifteen inch broad.
Speaker 6: Jump and thirty one reps on. Bench.
Speaker 3: Unreal, yeah and that's not even a mention short, arm.
Speaker 4: Hey, son you want to play defensive, tackle sure, right those? Reps, yeah BUT i think the athleticism.
Speaker 3: Works Really, no there's no. Yeah this this kid's he's a hell of a. PLAYER i, say the sense of urgency bothers me with this guy. Sometimes that's All i'm. Saying and it's just LIKE i just wish he's so, BIG, INDI i just want him to finish. PEOPLE i don't know if he.
Speaker 2: Has the lower half to. Finish because he's moving well and he's able to get up and. DOWN i don't know if he had.
Speaker 3: That lower half power That i'm just some of those other. Guys i'll tell you this. Though you, know if we're starting to hear the clean bill Of health On Josh simmons From.
Speaker 2: Ohio, state you're still having him in.
Speaker 3: There count me in on that. One count me in on that. One if that's the, CASE.
Speaker 2: I will SAY i went back and Watched Donovan jackson his counterpart in the way that he kind of filled in and went out the left. TACKLE i like me Some Donovan, Jackson Donova. JACKSON i Got Donova jackson Over booker at. Guard, OH i don't know IF.
Speaker 5: I, THINK i, THINK i think there's an. Argument there, is there is an. ARGUMENT i still have, book but it's it's. Close it is feel, Good, TOMMY i know WHAT i can do in. Here i'm Just i'm just agreeing with.
Speaker 6: YOU i feel the same.
Speaker 3: WAY i was watching H.
Speaker 2: Tate rattledge right last night From. Georgia have you guys watched?
Speaker 12: Him?
Speaker 3: Yeah what do you think about?
Speaker 2: Him i'm kind of a throwbacks, player very much, so and that's Why i'm. Torn.
Speaker 3: WELL i, mean, yeah he's he's. Been he's a right guard of, course three year starter At. Georgia a lot of inside, zone a lot of gap, stuff thick, build armling. Strength he wins as a run blocker with his play strength and his leg, drive HIGH iq, stuff picking up blitzes and stuff like. THAT i think he gets a little straight legged for. ME i, mean and as it hurts him with his, leverage his pad level gets a little, high AND i think that's a problem that you need to kind of look. AT i don't ask, him, yeah don't ask him to do much in the way of pulling or playing in, space but you know he he, could he could play. Better there's nothing flashy about his. Technique But i'd say a very steady. Player i've been the third round. MYSELF i think.
Speaker 4: There Are day one interior. STARTERS i don't think he's one of.
Speaker 2: Them, yeah, Yeah i've got a third on him as. Well whenever he came to looking at, THAT i think he could get into a starting role.
Speaker 6: SUBSOLUTELY i just don't, say, sorry go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, OH i was JUST i just don't see him like right off the. BAT i actually thought he reminded me a little bit of WHAT. Tj bass brought a couple of years, ago where he's powerful sound with his, hands wins with leverage at. Times pad level was, good but then it was a it was kind of an injury. Concern he didn't move well in space at, all and that was kind of WHERE i was torn BECAUSE.
Speaker 3: I kind of. Problem, YEAH i think this Crazy sabel WHO i have as a guard will probably go a lot higher than but. Him milam From West VIRGINIA i have questions about, Him RATLIC i have questions about. Him jonah From, ZONA i have questions about him FROM i mean a. Bar, yeah me And vouch working on. That every time we talked about we Say jonah From. Zona but, yeah let's THINK i put him a. Guard. Yeah, see that's What i'm. Saying there's these these third and fourth round guards THAT i have really big questions. About you, know can they really are they as you? Mentioned are they? Starters? Yeah you know these guys might be some backup dudes right.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah all, right that does it for, us unless you wanted to add.
Speaker 5: SOMEBODY i was gonna say that to help The tate rattledice. Case there's a picture going around On twitter yesterday with him and this giant Like Faral. HOG i think that he went and.
Speaker 6: Hunted so first, round that's WHAT i want from my offensive.
Speaker 3: Lineman, yeah he just like you, said throwback.
Speaker 2: Player he looks like a movie character playing bullet spot stash.
Speaker 6: Everything, yeah he's got. Some he's got.
Speaker 2: SOME i like it to each.
Speaker 3: Other, okay now we're.
Speaker 6: Talking we have some push up. Front i'll tell you that we'll.
Speaker 3: Be back On.
Speaker 2: Thursday i'll be out So Zach walchuk is gonna host On. Thursday have fun with that, one and, uh we should be back for the rest of the.
Speaker 3: YEAR i don't think anybody else is. Traveling I'm i'm done.
Speaker 4: TRAVELING i don't want to owners meetings at the end Of, march But I'm i'm ready to. Roll, MAN i have been so ready to.
Speaker 3: Back my. Goodness good to have you. Back thank, you.
Speaker 4: GUYS i appreciate.
Speaker 3: You'all get well. Soon.
Speaker 2: Vouch we'll talk to, him hopefully down the, line and then we'll be Back thursday with more of the draft show For Nick, Harris brian brought us For Tommy, Yarsh Chris beam and everybody helping out in the.
Speaker 3: Back I'm Kyle yeoman saying so. Long we'll see you On.
Speaker 1: Thursday this has been a production Of dallascowboys Dot com and The Dallas Cowboys Football.
Speaker 3: Club