Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 2: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuff where Flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 4: Now your hosts.
Speaker 5: Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross. Thursday, you look Alive at Tostitos Championship Plausa outside Fortuner at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it is ninety two degrees and sunny. The highest ninety six, the lowest seventy seven.
Speaker 4: I need this thing that kind of just turn over somewhere, like just turn into it's tip to fall, like come on.
Speaker 5: They tried it did for about three days and then it's like, hey, I got a couple of ninety nine days left.
Speaker 1: Here I am.
Speaker 5: I'm back.
Speaker 4: That's Shannon, he is Nate, This is Kirt in the back. It is my boy Chris Beam keeping us up live and jumping. I am Salt and Pepper Poppy. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equipal of the Brill people.
Speaker 1: When we speaks.
Speaker 5: Brought to you each and every day by wing stop where Flavor gets it and shout out to Big Rob up in the accounting department. Not only does Big Rob make sure we get paid, he also listens to the show. Yeah, Big Rob man, so up a Big Rob, thanks for thanks.
Speaker 1: You should get.
Speaker 5: Him on one day you can talk about what he does with the with the team and if he's about.
Speaker 1: That's the biggest check you ever rope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's probably probably probably, that's probably hr.
Speaker 5: He should probably go visit with legal before he comes on the show with us. What cannot Yeah, because we're going to ask all of it. We don't want to get into trouble.
Speaker 4: But we will have the line and we told the line of trouble daily.
Speaker 5: You know what's great about the all these shows is our boss. Let's give a shout out to Derek Eagleton. By the way, because Derek's really Derek Eagleton. You don't get cut cut approbation. But for all the nonsense that he puts up with from you know, all of us, particularly this show, he is he never really but I mean he lets go like if you get yourself in trouble, you get in trouble, right.
Speaker 4: He never says you can't.
Speaker 5: You can't do this and you can't do that, and like we we put, we push it, we put you know as far as like you know where we PG. Thirteen R rated or you know, so shout out to Derek too for kind of letting us do our thing and be who we are. And you know, every once in a while we'll get a little tap on the shoulder or text message, Hey, you.
Speaker 4: Get that invite down so the office, Hey, after the show, if you're not too busy, come on. And it's always so nice, like it's always never like me me in my office.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 5: So I was like, hey, what are you doing after the show?
Speaker 4: After the show, you got a few minutes, come on office right quick.
Speaker 6: He was like, God, I've been because you ain't gonna get to that next show.
Speaker 5: I've been fortunate enough in my uh my time back to not have to visit upstairs. I've gotten a couple, you got a couple of text messages, you got a call. I didn't. I didn't get a call.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 5: I think, Okay, I haven't had to walk up those stairs yet, and.
Speaker 6: You walk up instead. He'll sneak around this whole bill be called we will be every Well.
Speaker 5: We got football tonight. Yes, who's the game tonight?
Speaker 7: Jets against the Patriots.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Patriots have beat the Jets fifteen in a row.
Speaker 5: Could that change tonight? Possibly? I'm not really interested in that game.
Speaker 4: But what I do want to see what Aaron rod is like. I want to see I want to see if he still got a little left of the tank.
Speaker 5: It'll be interesting. Uh, let's talk about and.
Speaker 4: Then we can watch the running back on their team that we.
Speaker 5: But something I do want to talk about, well later, let's talk about the new Hall of Fame class that was announced yesterday that that is up for nomination.
Speaker 4: That's if we're not putting darry Woodson in there.
Speaker 5: I was going to bring that up. Yeah, sorry, I know it's good. I agree with you though. There's some interesting there's some interesting folks that are up that will probably get in that don't necessarily need to be in, and someone that may not get in that maybe should being. We'll talk about all that later, but right now, something that's very interesting. The injury report popped up a couple of names that we weren't aware of. Ceedee lamb ankle, Digg's foot, Hooker's shoulder, Mazzi back all popped up yesterday.
Speaker 8: Ye, Diggs and Lamb are back of practice, so it was probably kind of a rest day for them. I'm not sure about the others, hopefully.
Speaker 7: McCarthy said that Mazzie Smith, who's also on there, you probably can talk about him, will get evaluated before he can get back to practice, meaning like they have a they have mri.
Speaker 1: I, So okay, mri I, well not much.
Speaker 4: It's a back, so I don't know if it's.
Speaker 1: Every well a back.
Speaker 8: That can't be good getting MRIs in your back. I mean, that's how does that get better?
Speaker 7: They're evaluating the test, So I'm assuming you have something in my MRI.
Speaker 1: Biet a little.
Speaker 5: How you guys doing with the uh I?
Speaker 4: Like the double Star?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that's the best.
Speaker 4: That's a little Giants one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the best jersey in history in the Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Color coordinated Well today, Yeah.
Speaker 5: We called each other.
Speaker 1: We had uh Tyrone Crawford on the show last.
Speaker 4: Night, The Great Canadian, right a Canadian?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, God, I love that guy.
Speaker 4: Did you play with him, Jesse did not?
Speaker 5: You were before him?
Speaker 1: Right? Yes? Four daughters? Yeah? Four girls? Is he done?
Speaker 6: No? That's one is seven months old is gonna try for I didn't even ask seven months I'm like, bro, I wanted to tap him, like, hey, you need to stop something.
Speaker 4: He got some snaps left, You got some snaps left them play a few downs.
Speaker 5: Underappreciated players. Everybody on the defense, according to Kurt Daniels, is saying that they just didn't do their job last Sunday.
Speaker 1: So everyone said that does.
Speaker 5: That Do you know that during the game or is that something that you have to watch film to figure out. If it is something you know during the game, why can't you correct it mid game? This would be the question.
Speaker 4: There are moments in games where things begin to spiral out of control and it's oh, like politically, let's use for example, right, let's let's let's use the eleven side game.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: We knew that was happening, and we was like what we knew that was happening?
Speaker 4: Couldn't stop it, That's what I'm saying, Like it started to happen, and before you knew it, it had spiraled out of control. You know, like, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 1: So good?
Speaker 5: That's a good point. Right during that game, you knew it, you couldn't stop it, Like what was going on on the sidelines, Like what like, are you panicking or you just like God, are you just.
Speaker 1: Like try batter your position. Coach is just coaching.
Speaker 6: They never stopped coaching it try you know, does due this make sure your technique is go to battle, battle, fight fight.
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 8: Then mentally though, they're just like bruh done.
Speaker 6: When certain when a team is on top of you like that, you are looking at the you looking.
Speaker 4: At I was going there. Next you start clockwatching, You're like, boy, don't do anything to stop this clock. I want to get because it begins to spiral to a point where it seems like no matter what you do, you can't try harder. You can't technique harder, you can't scheme harder. It's nothing. You just It's one of those things where you just say, man, how can we get this? Can we go to the ref and go, hey, don't stop this clock for nothing. Let's just get out of here and be done with this.
Speaker 6: You check your body, I mean you you literally be walking off the field making sure that nothing get hurt. Yeah, you know, I remember that level set game. That's why I started laughing. The only difference was we had another shot at them. These guys don't have another shot at that team, So no matter what you do, we can say, hey boy, they really shined against the Ravens.
Speaker 5: That game is still with you, Brian, that that's a whooping.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna nevill That'll be here at the end of the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and maybe Chris or Kurt, you guys can pull the stat up. Did you guys lose the next game like you had the Love and Sat game.
Speaker 1: I don't think we lost the next game. Check it out. Check it out.
Speaker 4: And I asked that question because I said this earlier in the week. Excuse me that that loss felt like more than just one loss, right, like it felt like, yeah, like it felt like on the next four okay, yeah, we resolve, but it just felt like that win. And you see how this week has been going. You hear what coaches are saying in the media, You hear what players are saying in the media. You know, you see you're seeing guys you know pop up on the injury report, like things don't things don't feel settled right like things feel like we're and even though yeah we three weeks in, but this feels more desperate, chaotic, like it feels like, you know, s O Wes, the alarms are going off and and and a lost Sunday would really rock the boat in this building. I just felt like that that loss felt terrible. It did. It felt really bad. So to answer your question, yeah, man, sometimes I think just spiral out of control and there's nothing that you can do. You're looking at that clock.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, in each position.
Speaker 6: For our guys, I don't know if these young bloods can take. But you have a boisterous guy like Michael Irving who can't get that ball. He can't get that ball and it ain't troy fault and it ain't his fault.
Speaker 1: That the people that's keeping him from that ball. And I mean, we just did not It was just total chaos. Bro.
Speaker 8: They was at us, other guys on the field, like Kendrick should be like, I'm getting my ass kicked here because you guys aren't holding up the front.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: I think he would say something to him.
Speaker 6: They're in it together, you know, like Emmett was in it with us. Now we got we were the ones offensive mine, but emmittt was in it with us.
Speaker 1: But all up.
Speaker 6: Defense, they're like they're looking at it like wow, you know, turning to something like big fellow, roomy, roomy, big roommate, roomy, what's up? And it went from a nice into cussing. We were more vocal, man like the fourth and short, you know, the fourth and whatever.
Speaker 1: We didn't get man, we we had to take.
Speaker 6: That all the way to I was so happy to get on the off the plane, into my car and going home to my.
Speaker 1: Wife because it just didn't stop.
Speaker 6: People walked by you to the point where you thought the stewardess were staring at you left ye left leaven The Steward's like not so good of the day.
Speaker 4: And that had to be a pretty difficult film to watch because when you when you put fourth effort or lack thereof effort like that, and I'm you're supposed to be accountable to the men that you're in this room with, because there's one there's there's a difference between you losing because I can lose, like if Darrel Revis was defending me and I didn't get to catch that game, probably a bad game for me. But you know what I'm saying, right Like, in the same respective, if you're the real Revis and Jesse Holly goes off of five for one o two in a touchdown. Not a good look, you know what I'm saying, Like you just so it's one thing to lose, and it's another thing to go. Man, Man, shoot man. That looked they were just man, they were just better than you know, and there's another thing to get whooped. And then you turn on the film and you looking and you saying, oh no, you ain't even give effort. Dog, You ain't even you ain't even try, like it ain't any just better than us. Brother, They blocked you off the ball for nine yards.
Speaker 1: I tell your story, man, get larger and larger.
Speaker 6: Tell you something. We were playing New York Giants. I think it was coach Johnson's first year and we were up there in the old Stadium and this when we had the outside waits and coach Ward was our strength coach and uh, you know Jimmy always kind of skeptical, but about all of that, you know, he wanted you know, you know, solid things, and you know we boxing and you know all this new stuff they doing today, we was doing it back then and it was it was first in gold and Coach Johns said, run it every time. Harry Carson's and the young Banks and a young uh Lawrence Taylor, And I can't thank of the other guy that they learn Marshall, they they boy, they stopped cold blooded four times in a row. Jimmy say that. I can't say it exactly. Just would never ever happen again. Some his's gonna roll. As soon as you see was over, coach Ward was gone. They redid the whole way.
Speaker 1: He was not joking.
Speaker 6: Wow, and uh we had to hear that and we couldn't. It was like we was two and a half hours into the flight. We was thirty minutes from landing before he even served us some food.
Speaker 5: Well, y'all just terrified on the plane after a long.
Speaker 1: No, you weren't terrified because he was a man and you want scatter that. But he controlled your destiny right. It wasn't no guarantee money. You know, you got cut into checks.
Speaker 5: Well, y'all like a bunch of kids in the back of the.
Speaker 1: Plane and come back there like we just passing them around.
Speaker 6: No, we just paying it ain't gonna feed it. We just drink ourselves. Well, he'll come back to the man just and see the thing about it, Now, this is what made coach John's Special Michael, Everyone's gonna be talking to you, Troy Aigman wont be all that studs they and.
Speaker 4: That is you, bro.
Speaker 1: There is your difference.
Speaker 4: Okay, you you. I probably shouldn't say, but I want to say this.
Speaker 1: Don't say it, don't say it.
Speaker 5: Should we take a break and let.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break. Let's take a break. Let's talking about it. Take a break. We're bak whenever we like you on the.
Speaker 5: Show, the dynamic.
Speaker 9: It's good, Jesse, all right, We're gonna go to break. We'll be right back seeing Jesse steps in or not.
Speaker 10: Hey, Cowboys fans. As official whiskey sponsor of the NFL, it's not a kickoff without the generous spirit of Crown Royal, and that's why we've built the Crown Royal Rig, an absurdly awesome eighteen wheeler delivering the generous spirit to stadiums and tailgates across the country. Follow the Royal Rig on its journey from city to city, bringing together local cuisine, NFL legends, and the opportunity to pack a purple bag for charity and win tickets to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Crownroyal Dot com for roles in more, please drink responsibly.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Prushcott keeps it slides with the first.
Speaker 11: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto With blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: Perfect grow My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 12: How's wing Stop sound crispy, juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted tossed and those eleven souls satisfying players headed with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop ranch, and of course spicy Cajun fried course. I think you've heard enough, Jep your flavid delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 2: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and seat Gig is here to help you experience all the action. Seat geg makes it easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat gig is the place to do it. Seat gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea ticketing, a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed geek.
Speaker 1: Back to hang in with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to hanging with the boys where we don't know if Jesse's still on the ledge or not.
Speaker 9: We're about to find out during this you get during the second second rough to you Eat It every Day by Blockchain dot Com. Thank you Blockchain dot Com and seven eleven Kirch Jesse Pumpe. They're teaming up with Fanatics to give you the chance to be a VIP at next year's Fanatics Fest. From now until October the twenty ninth, use.
Speaker 5: The seven Rewards app to check out to be entered for a chance to win when picking up products like Slurpy Big Go up in te ketos. No purchase necessary terms apply. Wet's let's talk.
Speaker 6: About big gulps and taketos, three pumps, three pumps on pump eighty.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about the running game. But first, so Jesse. Jesse talked about something that I think is I think it's it's important, and Tom Brady talked talked a little hit on it in the broadcast, and we talked about on the show this week how the game has changed behind closed doors and socially. And Tom said in the broadcast when they were talking about Jalen Croppers slipping and do you go back to him? To Brooks, I'm sorry, Jayalen Brooks, do you go back to him? And Tom said, not today, right, And that was and guess what that was, y'all's mentality?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Not not today? Not today? Maybe maybe tomorrow, maybe the day after, but not today. I'm not talking to you. So I may have told this story on the air before, but my buddy went to college with Tom Brady and he was like a seventh or eighth eight string wide receiver. He played on he played on kick coverage and he was like a fifth or sixth string dB, but it was really fast. He ran like a four four forty And they were out practicing doing like he was white. Yeah, real fast. Yeah, and uh, he'll let you know that he played for Michigan, but you know, you have to dig a little fine out. He played special, but he did get he did He got in on one defensive series against Michigan State and got a got an I n T like last game of the year of senior season. So yeah, so he's got a little cred. But he was really good friends with Drew Henson and whenever Drew was there and Tom took over and all that. But they were out running offensive drills in the off season spring and they were running routes and everything, and Tom was out there and he was lined up and he ran like a go route and Tom laid it out perfect, but he had to step to get that last catch, and he stepped on a storm drain and his foot slipped and his cleak caught and his knee buckled and he dropped the ball. And he said, Tom, in a dead sprint, ran forty yards till dog cussing him the whole way, and he's like, Tom, I almost dislocated my knee. Tom goes, I don't give up. F If the ball hits your hands, I don't care if your leg falls off, you catch the ball. You catch the ball. If I throw it to you and it touches your hand, you catch it. And he didn't talk to him the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 5: The very next day he went to the training room. Tom's there before any of the trainers. The doors are locked, sitting in the hall is when they have books. They didn't have iPads, and he's reading his playbook and he looks up and they're the only ones in the building and he looks up and he goes, he goes, what's up, Tom? You see, looked up, He looked back down. He never spoke to my buddy again the whole time they were at Michigan because of that one instance. And we were just talking about in the break, how the social dynamic has changed now to where when you were a winner, you didn't associate with people you didn't deem as winners, right like that, Like y'all right, Nate. Back in the day, it was and that's the way, you know, and Brady blow and behold becomes the best quarterback in the But that's the mentality he had every single day. And this is you know, he could have just blown it off at spring, they're just out, no coaches around, They're just throwing the ball around. This guy almost breaks his kneecap and okay, I get it. No he that was it and he didn't have anything to do with him, and that was you know, And just wondering where that that changed, because it seems like Eve and your leaders now aren't aren't geared that way. The leadership is on any team, not just this team, but you know, and in sports, and I mean Kobe had that mentality, right, he was a MIC's like still like that, right, But at some point between then and you know, Jesse, we were talking to Break, it was still there when when you were playing. So somewhere between there and here, it's gotten to where it's you know, it's okay to enforced mediocrity. And I'm not listening, I'm not labeling this team and not talking about what happened this week. I'm just talking about sports in general. But at some point it's become okay in team sports to be okay at a high level.
Speaker 1: And I like that man, you I mean, he had some conversation.
Speaker 6: I just you know, suggests. Can you answer that long winded eight hour question?
Speaker 4: Was still like I'm always we always laugh and say that some of the things that we say in the break should be in pay per view and make y'all paid twenty nine.
Speaker 5: That was a good one.
Speaker 4: I'm still a little bit human from that because that like I just I don't know, man, and I don't I don't want to.
Speaker 5: You don't want to step in it, leadership, don't gagem on Curt. He's trying to say, I too worked up right now.
Speaker 1: Because I.
Speaker 5: Jump jump, get you off side.
Speaker 6: The thing that is is we're saying, I think this started because we started laughing when we say we're supposed to talk about our defense today.
Speaker 1: That's where you started it. In the back.
Speaker 9: That's where it all started, before we even came in here, that's where it started. We won't tell everybody what happened.
Speaker 6: I told him, y'all can do to show without me today because we talked about defense.
Speaker 1: I have nothing to say.
Speaker 6: Come on, man, The bottom line is this, And I don't know who started this rumor that if overshown would have played more snaps, it would have been a different outcome. And for you, I'm going to use a Jesse deal. All of you who have all twenty two. Don't know what you're looking at, because if you couldn't see, our linebackers did not have any space to maneuver on the most important place.
Speaker 1: You don't know what you're looking at.
Speaker 6: It don't matter I was overshown, whether it was Jack Lambert, it don't matter. When you push guys back into the laps of the linebackers, that's not right, and the linebackers have no room to maneuver.
Speaker 1: But I will tell you.
Speaker 6: How our defense have to beat this team. You know, just my opinion. You may disagree. We have to somehow someone let them know they can't run the ball.
Speaker 1: And more importantly, lamar.
Speaker 6: Jackson, because if he feels he can't run the ball, then he gonna scream to his coach and he can at least thus throw him out of there. This is how you get them, This is how everybody beat him in the playoffs. You start with a soft rush. You never get up past him, You never rush around him, you never take four steps past him. You rush right up to him as a wall. Your two tackles about even your defensive ends a live it far the end, and you have an umbrella. And your umbrella the guy that spying him, whoever it may be. Y'all can decide. All you great fans can decide. You all twenty twos can decide. But don't step towards that line. Almost drop back into a soft, soft middle. Just drop back two or three yards into the middle. So when he come out of one of those holes, you can get him. But if you step up two or three yards behind your defensive line with that soft umbrella, you automatically lose the angle. I don't care if it's overshown Marathile. You can go get Dion Sanders. I don't care who you get. You automatically lose your angles. So now, if you want to beat them, hold them under one hundred and forty yards rushing SERIOI, because you one hundred and forty keep them up onder one hundred and not including including him Lamar Henry Big henryep because you're gonna have to let him run a liveit. So you do slow him down. You may not stop him, but you slow him down, but you want him to have to pass you. Now, I could be wrong, but that that's the only way I think we can beat them, because if they have a two way go, if they running for one hundred and ninety yards and this boy thrown for two hundred yards the game over.
Speaker 8: So is it better in some ways? Instead of concentrating on the pressure and the trying to sack him, you're just trying to contain him.
Speaker 6: Some guys, why would you you let Tink come screaming down in a three or four times and leave an opening hold.
Speaker 1: Of his dogs?
Speaker 5: He gone, Man, you.
Speaker 6: Can't take liberties with this guy. Uh, and I and I overdid it. You gotta hold them around about one hundred and ten yards rushing because that that forty yard maybe a strength that yeah, but that's how I look at beating them.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: But if if you let Henry come straight downhill, you're gonna have to your middle linebacker and your two tackles gonna have their hands full.
Speaker 1: Okay, he go down and he reading the defensive end.
Speaker 6: Defense end can't mess around, and like Jesse said, that's when you have a replacement, right, because they ain't.
Speaker 1: Gonna let that that.
Speaker 6: They ain't gonna let that linebacker scrape off of them, So they gonna have the guard tackle deucing down to the linebacker. Now the defensive end is sitting there now, either safety or a corner.
Speaker 1: Gotta make this move, and if you.
Speaker 6: Move too quick, he'll he'll he'll pull up and go straight down the line and dump that thing off.
Speaker 1: They got a nice tight end and lively.
Speaker 6: This kid hadn't grown over the last two years, from being tired on national TV a couple of years ago, to blocking folks in the ground and then to catching that rock.
Speaker 1: So he allowed Andrews to take his time to come back. But I still.
Speaker 6: Believe I saw some throws where he was hitting people. You're like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Then you'll see some throws where he miss guys wide open.
Speaker 8: So what scares you more the speed of Lamar getting loose or the bulk of Henry just barreling at you.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take my chance with Henry Lamar. This dude is man. He is truly video style man. He I don't even want to talk.
Speaker 5: So you're more scared of Lamar.
Speaker 1: You're more scared of la Lamar, Lamar Lamar.
Speaker 5: You're more scared of Henry Lamar, both of you because even though Henry Lamar right up the middle, Lamar just because of their looseness and the big play capability.
Speaker 4: Because when he gets loose, he gets loose, and like I said, I said in a tweet, you can't let Lamar is the big jackpop winner. You got to give up penny slot wins. You can't give up the bigs jacket. And Lamar is a home run hitter like he's the big because what happens is when you don't get him but the first guy, no one else has accounted for him. You see what I'm saying. And that's why when you have to play eleven on eleven football because normally, to be honest with you, most of the time you're playing eleven on because people don't account for the count for the quarterback to do that style of running.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So now I have to take a dedicated man who won't rush, who won't be in coverage, who will strictly be on him, which means in other areas I'm going to be light right, I either got to zone it up, man it up, or zone in some areas of man in some other areas well, what happens if he what happens when he breaks containment and he gets to that man's side and he beats the guy that was scheduled for him, Nobody gets nobody to get him. That turns into a forty forty yard run right, and he ain't he ain't mobile. He fast. You know what I'm saying, Like, there's a difference. Patrick Mahons is mobile this joke of fast.
Speaker 5: Explain and unless you and I've had the privilege of being on the sideline during the game when there's somebody that's fast on the feet, it's different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he out to nature points outruns your angles.
Speaker 1: It's different.
Speaker 4: It is. It's completely different from being a mobile dude and being fast. And when you think you got an angle on him, excuse screwed?
Speaker 1: He gone.
Speaker 6: Michael Vig, Steve Young. Back when I played and when you played, those were those type guys, Michael Vig, Steve Young, you know, especially Steve, you know, bigger, you know, left handed cat. He already on the wrong side. Vick too, was already on the wrong side. But you was scared of his past the way you was scared of Steve's. You know, they pumping and you jump up at you.
Speaker 5: It's like tomorrow he's he's shifty and quick. And then Darren Sprolls is fast, like maybe it's because he's so low to the ground. It just is like he's moving quicker, But dude, he I mean, it's different fastest on the football field.
Speaker 1: It's the thing about Camara.
Speaker 6: He turned twenty six pounds. So when you think you Finn bust him up, that's best. That best the cats up. I'm serious. The majority of them cats when they hit him.
Speaker 5: Didn't know how strong you were.
Speaker 1: Like, wow, this is something.
Speaker 6: Sit this dude, and then we taste someone and see see how you're right, Jess.
Speaker 1: That was a double beating because look at it's Thursday and we still talk about the Saints. That's a double beating. Man. Some beatings are hard to come up off of.
Speaker 8: They're worried about getting hit by Kamara, and hell, what are they gonna do when Henry comes out real quick?
Speaker 5: Before we go to break U great stat here by Kurt Jackson leads the NFL and average rushing yards before contact with six, Henry's tied for ninth and yards after contact with two point seven.
Speaker 1: He falls forward.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and who are you more scared of the quickness Jackson?
Speaker 6: The thing that hurts is they both helped one another. You're gonna have to be very, very disciplined, and you're gonna have to in this case we're playing here, right, you're gonna have to grab turf and a lot of times when they deuce block you, especially that tackle because that tackle has full back responsibilities. But they're gonna douce you going to that middle linebacker of going.
Speaker 1: To that place.
Speaker 6: You mean, what do you mean by do guys getting hip to help and moving you? I thought you meant yeah, No, Nah, they ain't gonna They ain't gonna douce. You're trying to get that vun right, You're trying to get that deuce.
Speaker 4: One grabbing turf.
Speaker 8: They just need to fall down.
Speaker 1: Turf man and crab back at them.
Speaker 5: All right, let's take our last break. When we come back, we'll finish up on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 2: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in the heart, either no eye in blue star or a lone star for that matter. And there's no eye in how about them cowboys smear enough nose.
Speaker 4: There's no eye in football.
Speaker 2: The ball is a wee thing, an experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 12: Home are away.
Speaker 2: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eyeen Cowboys fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 12: How's Wingstop sound Crispy, juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted tossed in those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range, and of course, spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 3: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating heroes. Fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamolding made with real hals Avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Your hero's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 2: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and set Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 4: All the action.
Speaker 2: Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 4: Whether you're buying or.
Speaker 2: Selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat Gig is the place to do it. Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed geek.
Speaker 1: Back to Hang in with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought you each and every day by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of Cowboys. Do you want to talk Uh, we didn't get to a whole lot of the run sheet. You want to talk about that?
Speaker 8: Or actually got a lot to.
Speaker 5: Talk about the Hall of Fame nominees real quick?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 5: Tell me your thoughts on these. Tell me if you're do we want to say in or out? Or do we just want to go through the list? What do you guys want to do?
Speaker 4: I'll just go through and we'll just say in or out.
Speaker 5: All right, let's start with one interesting name that I'll just say off the top of the bat that I didn't even know h was going to be nominated. Travis Frederick, which I don't think he played long enough to to Yeah, you think if maybe he had like a fourteen to fifteen year career, he would have he'd been in pretty Yeah, some more Pro Bowls. And did they change? Do you think that the criteria it used to be you had to have a pretty long career ten plus years? It was pretty good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When Terrell Davis got in that kind of reset that bar.
Speaker 4: I'll say this for even for Terrell Davis, like and I think Deonna said it. I forgot who said it, but it was always talking about could you tell the story of the league and leave out that person? And I think Terrell Davis had a it wasn't a long It wasn't When I say season, I mean like a moment in time like Terrell had like a three four year.
Speaker 1: Joint.
Speaker 6: He was the back, was nobody touching him, Him and his offensive line coach created the stretch play.
Speaker 1: It was did it really? This is what they used to say.
Speaker 4: And take a take a while, guess what coach was of that under.
Speaker 6: Coolby shot shot shot, original shot and the second half of that was who Gibbs Shanahan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Shanahan was originated Shanahan and Gibbs was his offensive line coach. He had undersized guys and he said, how could I make this work? And he started to stretch play or what people call the zone, the zone inside outside.
Speaker 5: That's the zone that you talk about.
Speaker 6: You take it to the outside rear of the tackle and take one cut.
Speaker 1: We don't want you jermming around. Take it all the way there. One cut.
Speaker 6: You can make that cut outside that tackle all the way back to the backside of the backside guard.
Speaker 4: Hans run the ball now.
Speaker 6: They said that the way you get into the Hall of Fame is when I was coming through. You either have a long, lustorous career, are you impact the league?
Speaker 1: And I think that's.
Speaker 4: Where two thousand yards they want back to back super Bowls. She was MVP of the league.
Speaker 1: He gave always something he couldn't get by him.
Speaker 4: Like he had he had a moment in time when you looked up you were like, we couldn't tell that period of time without talking about that Broncos team and that player on that Broncos.
Speaker 1: Team and that system.
Speaker 5: Stretch play I don't remember a I say that on here a lot trash memory. It's a bad memory.
Speaker 6: And I also and I'm talking about my boy, and I'm still hot over here.
Speaker 4: Y'all know I'm simmering over here.
Speaker 5: You don't say that because like I don't ever want to say something, and y'all go, no, that's wrong. And I'm like, if I say I can't remember, then it's like, oh, yeah, I forgot about that, So that way, I'm not wrong. But I don't in my memory, I don't remember a group with this many really solid players that could or could not be first time ballot guys. So let's just go through it.
Speaker 4: And before you start there, like I think we're getting to that point now where we're talking about the criteria is changing. It's like you had you had this grouping of just man twenty thirty years of just hell of five players, studs, steads, studs, and so now we're getting to the point where it's spaced out a little bit more like all those guys are in right, So now you're looking at it differently than when you're looking like those dudes told the story of the National Football League in the seventies and the eighties and the nineties and now you're getting to where it's more spaced out, you know, and so go ahead.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, No, this is this is an interesting one. Adam, Vinnie and I think he's got to be in.
Speaker 1: And these are the up to date guys.
Speaker 5: These are these are the first time, Yes, sir Adam Vivneitier. What do you think, Kurt?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we vote for Kurt, me and Jesse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is an interesting one. Earl Thomas, part of one of the best defenses in recent recent history, was a key player.
Speaker 4: His off the field stuff is going to make him have to wait.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: I think you get in eventually, eventually, but not first not the first ballot. We think that, yeah, yeah, first time.
Speaker 1: No, you have to wait.
Speaker 5: I have to wait. Keep to leave his.
Speaker 4: Off the field stuff. I don't think he's good enough player and his off the field stuff ain't. Definitely he ain't getting it.
Speaker 5: For his ballot Antoine, but THEEA.
Speaker 4: No, he's nice, but antn't even getting in. He had to wait here getting in. Here's a really good play. Here's an interesting one. Terrell sugs, he's in. You're talking about the raven Ravens he's.
Speaker 6: You're talking about played with great, great players, right, Yes, he's in to be in right, one of those.
Speaker 4: Great that defense will have four or five.
Speaker 1: He should without a doubt.
Speaker 5: Uh luke Keikley short career, got to be in there, one of the best to do it right, he'll be in th Panthers.
Speaker 4: Not he won't be first ballot though, No, no, not first ballot.
Speaker 1: No he won't.
Speaker 5: Sugs yes, first sug yes.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 5: Marshall jan the offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: Also team not first ballot, no curse.
Speaker 6: No, but the eventually eventually, uh maybe a while, not a while in at three three three tries.
Speaker 5: Joe Staley, Now, who did he play for the Browns? The Browns long time?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, really good this new criteria. When is the last time a Brown got in?
Speaker 4: What's the Browns? Somebody recent?
Speaker 1: Was he?
Speaker 5: Joe Thomas was the last one? Joe Thomas two years ago, two or three years ago?
Speaker 1: He won't get in first bat.
Speaker 8: He was forty nine?
Speaker 4: Or I'm thinking of Joe Thomas jet oh no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No no no no no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: I think I'm think of Joe Thomas.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Brian Khalil, who is he offensive lineman? Or who did he play for? Ryan?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 8: Saints Carolina?
Speaker 1: Mainly Carolina? Oh, come on now, come on now.
Speaker 5: Travis fredan El said, no, the Lady Walker. No, Ernie Davis is interesting.
Speaker 1: No, I can't win with it.
Speaker 5: The Marius Thomas No, speaking of Darren Sprolls too much of a gadget guy. Here's a really interesting one, because I think he was talented later in his career, but his his celebrity as far exceeded what I think he did on the field.
Speaker 6: Marshawn Lynch, I'm gonna tell you what you boy spoke on him last night. Your boy at Tyrone. They say, Tyrone, who is the toughest back you ever went against? Tyrone mentioned two other guys, he said, but the guy the hardest guy I ever tried to hit, and I didn't. When I hit him, I got ran over. He said, he ran over me. He said, he cleared the block so quick. He said, here's the back and the next thing he said, was on his back and just tracked right up. I said, for real, He said, for real, I don't know if he'll get in man, not for he won't get in man.
Speaker 8: Ten thousand rushing yard.
Speaker 6: He won't get in unless they put him in because he's a celebrity. He won't get in because you remember, this dude did not talk to the media, He did not get along with him, and media holes grudges, they hold grudges. Now, he won't get in. Thro If he do, I'm gonna crap my hands for not for him, but for the media. I'm not saying he's not good enough to be a Hall of Famer, but if they let him in on the first battle, media, my hat's off you.
Speaker 5: All right, here's the most interesting one of all, Eli Manning.
Speaker 1: What's his name? How many commercials as he made?
Speaker 5: I think the two Super Bowls?
Speaker 6: Does it?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 5: You can't you can't keep again, man, he'll he's a man. The only playoff game he ever won is when he wanted when he won.
Speaker 4: Super Bowls and ten.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like that's it, that's it.
Speaker 4: But he got to super Bowl and not only to get to Super Bowls. It's who he beat to get.
Speaker 5: Mister Brady on both of them, right, So he's got to he's got to.
Speaker 1: Be in, right.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, he'll be in.
Speaker 5: What a class though, that's a hell of a and I don't remember them usually putting up that many people do they.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah that first time. They'll throw a big list of them first time.
Speaker 5: And then you brought up Wood. He's still up m s yep.
Speaker 8: So he's not I don't think he's singing.
Speaker 5: He's still modern era.
Speaker 4: To get him in this this this list isn't good enough to where you're like, like, you know what I mean, Like I think, I think this is this might be the moment.
Speaker 1: All right, I hope you join me in the Hall of Fame. Baby, what are you holding up there? Jesse?
Speaker 5: What we got here?
Speaker 4: We got we got some T shirts for my boy g from Jersey. That's how I got Jersey. Stand up. The reason you see that, you see you want to you want to know what winning looks like. You want to know what standard, what standard looks like.
Speaker 1: You want to see you want to see.
Speaker 4: Who wasn't going who wasn't gonna just take getting pushed around?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Right here?
Speaker 4: When when when when there was a standard, you couldn't you couldn't go out there and get trashed and be welcome back?
Speaker 6: Is he in the back of the man he's still almost I was just showing as one man's step. We was always close and you were.
Speaker 4: Able to get in and everybody shout out the chief from Jersey.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, it's a good week for our show. We got free wings yesterday, we got T shirts. Today, we're going to have dinner. Most of us we're going to go have dinner.
Speaker 1: So your boy, I know, my boy sold me up. But you know what, computer, I ain't giving up on your computer.
Speaker 4: That's great, fellas.
Speaker 5: Good seeing your great show.
Speaker 9: Kurt, Jesse, Nate, Chris, thanks for keeping us on their Joesiejosh, thanks for keeping him company.
Speaker 1: Will be back. What's tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Friday?
Speaker 1: Already then this week went back for a new week. Call us tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Tell us your thoughts.
Speaker 6: When Kendrick said you should be excited by getting bloody, let's get up and wipe it off.
Speaker 1: Oh like I care? He said, Man, I I'm excited about getting blood Who said that? Kendrid? The line back, I'm excited about getting bloody. Just get up and wipe your mouth. You keep going there, Let's go what you already know. Henry coming to see how tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.