Speaker 1: You're listening to jo Just One Now with me, Jojo Seua and iHeartRadio podcast O.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to joj Just Cue Now. Today I am answering the burning question what the fuck is next? And welcome to the party of Honestly, we're all figuring it out together. You know. It's kind of funny. My life for the last three months has truly revolved around putting Karma out for the world. And I had a moment on April fifth. It was like the video had just come out, the song had just come out. Sat down so with my family. I was with my three closest friends and I was like, guys, like, what do I do tomorrow? What do I wake up and do? What I what do I post? What do I say? What do I wear? How do I act? Like literally what do I do? And I was like, well, we'll figure that out when we get there. I do have a lot of really really exciting things coming up next, though, I'll be honest, we didn't really know. I'm going to talk about everything, but I'm gonna start in the music world because music for me is the most important thing right now. It is the leading lady of my career and it is the direction that I want to take my career in, and so it was very important to me that that was the fronting man for me. And for me, I wanted this adult you know, first moment. I wanted it to be Karma because it is so strong in being a head turner, you know what I mean. Having the first words come out of my mouth be I was a bad girl gives me every single bit of Miley Cyrus Banger's era that I have ever wanted. That was a big goal with me, is I wanted this to not replicate, not copy, not duplicate, but be inspired by. And I grew up when Miley Cyrus you know, did her Banger's transition, and I fucking loved it. I was eight years old at the front row of the concert, like I can remember seeing that like it was yesterday, And so for me, I was really excited to have a chance to make a moment like that. And I was like, all right, you know what, this is time to shine and saying I was a bad girl wearing these extravagant costumes, making a song that people are gonna say huh too. That every step of that was a piece of this puzzle, you know, what I mean, and then the music video getting as crazy with the concept as possible and as large with the concept as possible to make people go what you know? What I mean? That is? That is all I wanted, And I think I think people maybe said what a little bit too much? But I ain't complained about it. I mean, the success of the song has been actually unbelievable. I mean I remember when it first came out, the way that I was feeling was just like, how is this real life? Like this is There's no way this is real. There's no way this is the life that I am living right now. There's no way this is me? Like, what is happening? This is actually insane. But it it's been so satisfying. That is one thing I can for sure say. It's been very hard, but it has been very, very satisfying. When we came up with that, we wanted to release Karma first. When I really really put my foot down, was like, this is what's happening. Karma's first. We didn't know what was going to be. Second. I had a few songs that are really good follow ups to Karma, if that makes sense musically, but I didn't know which one I was gonna want to put out first, essentially, and then all of a sudden, the world's reaction to Karma made me think of a different song that I have, and it was not on this original list of what could come out second. But then the thing is, is Karma to the world became a lot of people's guilty pleasure, and people were being dicked about Karma, but they were listening to it. People were being dicks about Karma, but they were talking about it. People were being dicks about Karma, but they were watching it. And it made me realize that maybe this song that I was never thinking should go second is actually the most perfect song to come out second. And uh, the thing is, is this song what fun part about it? It is not. It's not finished. So now came up with this idea about three weeks into our Karma released plan, once we kind of figured out the world's reaction, and I told everybody at my label, I was like, hear me out this song next. And I'm being cautious of if I if I say the title or not, because I don't want to give too much away. But the world, with Karma being a guilty pleasure, truly, truly decided the next the next Steps, so the new the second song that's coming out. I actually had a big hand in writing, and everybody's favorite popster in the world, Megan Trainer also wrote it with me, So it was me, Megan and a writer named Matthew Koma and then uh Paul DJ White Shadow and Megan's brother Justin Jay Train. He also produced on it as well as White Shadow, and that that song is so special. That song of course has meaning behind it. You know, if I'm gonna write a song, I'm gonna write a song with meaning. But here's the fun thing. A song doesn't get to have one meaning. A song gets to have however many meanings it possibly can. Because let's say, let's just carm me for a good example, right, I have stuff that I can relate that song to, but what you can relate that song to might be completely different from me. And so I don't ever want to stuff my songs into a box and be like, this is what it means, is a story it's about, and this is why I did this song because it's gonna mean something totally different to you. Because no one walks in your shoes, no one paid your bills, no one lives in your house. It is you. It is your life. You you know your stories, and you know what you've done, you know what you're gonna do. You know your life. And so that's why music is such a fun art is because it is so it's so easy to manipulate, to fit into being whatever you want it to be. And then you know, as soon as I decided that though, we had to get to work really really really really fast. And I called my music video director and I was like, hey, Mark, new music video, new song. Don't have an idea yet, but keep these dates on hold. Then I called him back literally three minutes later, and I was like, I have an idea. Can I come over tonight? And he was like, how did you come up with one that fast? I was like, when you know, you know, man? And then my choreographer, Richie actually called me and he had come up with a whole nother idea and I actually didn't even end up telling Ritchie my idea because I liked Ritchie's idea way more than mine. And so then I called Mark back, the director, and I was like, lies still have the idea, It's just a new idea that Richie has can we still come over tonight? He was like, of course, let's go. Let's talk about it, and then we hammered through the video idea. This song is currently getting hammered through we believe it or not. We don't have any official plans yet for it, but we do. We do know what's happening. We are ready for it, but we are now. We were in a marathon where it was like a cute little jog. You know, you want to save your energy, You got a really far away to go. We are in a fucking sprint right now. We are sprinting for dear life. We are running as fast as we possibly can to get this next song is next. Look out there. A few weeks ago, when Karma released, I got to do these uh little Weeho bar poppins, and then I had a party at a bar in Weho called Heart just for my friends and family. We made Club Karma, and I honestly I got to play a few songs that are unreleased. I played one called Chi's a Fighter, one called Balanced Baby, and these two songs. I was really excited for the world's reaction too, because I you know, I didn't know what people thought yet truly about Karma. I knew people were hating him being dicks because I'm not gonna it's fun to be you know what I mean. But now with Balance babe, and she's your fighter. There are so many viral tiktoks that have happened of people being like, she should put it this shit out first, this song is fire, and I was like, no, no, no, no no. That's why that song is not first. That's why that song is not first because I got you to talk first, I got you to think first, and now I'm gonna follow it up with some strong ass shit. And whether people like it or not, Karma Karma musically is a good song. It is not. It's not the best song. There is no such thing as the best song. But the thing about Karma, the reason why she is so special and why she is for me this perfect song to come out first, it's because the way you have to talk about it, the way that the word of Karma translates, the way that you know this song is so head tony. If I was to put out Balance Baby first, which maybe is a better song, that's not the right first moment. And so anybody out there that's been like oh, marketing team. Marketing team first. Number one, I am my marketing team. Second, people are talking, And that to me was something that was so important to get people to do because even though it might not be my best song musically, it is my best song for a head turn and my best song to get people talking. And that is why I knew it was so important for Karma to come first. And I feel like now the Internet is actually kind of rounding a corner with Karma being like, wait, okay, maybe maybe a little bit, And I'm like, bitches, I've been here, I've been saying, I've been saying, y'all gonna enjoy it. It's been really fun. I also, I have been teasing Karma for oh my god, six months now, and there's just a lot that people didn't really realize necessarily I was teasing, but as I was teasing it, and now for about a month, I have been teasing our little next moment. I almost just like flat out said what it was, let me not do that. But I've been teasing it and it's it's been fun. And there was this TikTok with Karma with this girl was like predicting JoJo's new stuff. She literally said, Karma's a bitch. Number one. What else would you say abou Karma? Everybody says Karma's a bitch. Number two. I have put that everywhere in my life for the last three months. I have put it on every outfit. I've put it in my fucking room. I have put it in captions, I put it in posts, I've put it in interviews. I have said Karma, Karma's a bitch, good girl, bad girl for so long that yes, she predicted it, but she just literally shared what I've been sharing. She just picked up on it. The fun thing is I've been doing the same thing for what's coming and like specifically next, but also what's coming not just next but in a bit from now. I've been, honestly, I've been teasing what's coming next, like literally the next step, but then also what's coming next very far out into the future. And it's kind of been fun. It's kind of been a like cheeky game of like play as you go, because only I know so much. I mean, I can't predict too far into the future, but I do know. Look, you look at me, and you you get what you get, and I just I don't know I am, I am who I am. You get what you get. I just I don't know. I uh, I'm having fun with it, and I think that's something that's really important to me. This career is something that I have loved my whole life, but I have also had times where it's not been fun for me, and I have learned that it is so important that I keep it fun for me. And one of the ways that I can do that is challenge myself by seeing, you know, how creative can I get with something. I did a post where I was balancing on one leg and now that I've shared balance baby a little bit, and I did that I as I was capturing that post, I actually captured it, and I was like, Karma photo shoot post. Then I was like, oh my god, I'm an idiot. Boom boom delete. This is on balance baby post. Like just like little stuff like that that like I come up with as I'm doing it is very fun. The celebrity reaction to Karma was literally crazy. I mean, everyone has been so supportive of it. A few little standoup moments Gene Simmons. I mean, of course, people have been called me out for copying kisses Luck, which honestly, on set of Karma, it would have been much easier if I just told my makeup on his look, I want to look like Gene Simmons from Kiss, because that is exactly what I fucking looked like. But we didn't plan that. I don't know how that happened. It crossed nobody's mind until like randly halfway through the day someone was like, you look like you could be a kissed and I was like, oh, you're so right. But Geene Simmons, I mean, he gave TMZ the sweetest quote ever. So that was freaking amazing. When I was at iHeart Radio Music Words, I was in the full black Beast fit and somehow Katy Perry recognized me, and that actually made me like shit a brick. I never met Katy Perry before. I actually have a really funny story. I go up to her and I was like, I love you, and she was like, oh my god, jojo hi, and I was like I'm gonna go now, and I ran. I ran because I just like panicked. I love Katy Perry and so then my buther says like, yo, do you want to take a picture with her? And I was like, of course, like I would die too. So we go up next to her and I was like, hey, back again, can we take pictures to thegether? And she was like, oh my god, of course. And I don't know why, but my brain went to say to her and I'm sure she said this two thousand times, but she was like I told her. I was like, oh my god, I came out to my friends and family to your song. And she was like she she said to me, she said, which one?
Speaker 1: Katie Hot and Cold et roar?
Speaker 2: I kissed the girl? What song? What? What does Kate am I living under a rock? Does Katie Perry have multiple songs that you could come out to people too? She very well might. But I mean, I feel like I kissed the girls pretty obvious, But I don't know that was honestly, like, that is a celebrity interaction that, like, I hope I never forget because Katy Perry asking me what song I came out to to my family of her songs is just iconic. Lil nas X was also super supportive. We both have a dancer. His name is Amari and he dances for both of us, and so Mari had a birthday party and we both were there, and he uh, he was really sweet. He was like, I just want to tell you, like, what you're doing right now is awesome, Like keep keep going, keep pushing. We need this, the world needs this. You're making art, You're being an artist, like keep going, no matter how hard it gets, keep going. And that was really inspiring to hear from him. I mean, Lil Nas is also a fucking amazing artist that gets it and is down to just clown and I think that is something that is so important about the art that I'm making, is you just gotta be down right now. One of the things that's happening immediately is we are filming our second music video actually this week, which is so exciting the concept of this music video. Honestly, when I found out this was happening, I we were in the middle of Karma release plan, and I literally was like, honestly, Karma, good luck, Like I wish you nothing but the best of luck. I'm gonna focus on this one now. And I kind of kicked Karma to the side of the road for a second so I could really focus on this next moment, and I am so happy that I did, because this next one, I even was telling it to my friend Malia, who is one of the girls in the Karma music video. She's also gonna be in this next music video, and she was like, she has this really funny like language that she uses, and she was like, dare I say this is gonna be better than Karma, And dare I say, I don't even care about Karma anymore? And I was like no, literally, and she was like, I thought, we did our biggest on set of Karma. Oh, we are doing our absolute biggest on the set of d D DA DA. That's not the song Don't worries not called da, although that is probably some shit that I would call a song, but I'm not going to Also, coming up very soon, I am performing for the very very first time live in a very long time. I'm doing Miami Pride. It will be my first time performing Karma. I'm also performing three new unreleased songs, one little cute, cheeky gay song that I wrote, and then one old old faithful can Never Forget About Boomerang, And I am so beyond excited. I have been waiting to perform like this for so long, and just seeing the way that the Weho clubs last week reacted to Karma. I mean, it has gotten me so pumped up for this live performance. It is gonna be Miami, so it's gonna be a ball. It's a Pride performance, so it's gonna be a ball. It is my first performance, so it's gonna be a ball. Me six hands are we've had. But it has been so so satisfying, so great and so much fun, truly, and I'm ready. I've already committed to a few other performances. I love it. They're not easy to do. They are fully self funded by me, and so it's a lot to get these these shows on stage, but it is so so worth it, and I uh, I enjoy it so much, and so it's like, you know what, let's fucking go. Let's have a good time. Another thing that's massive for me that I'm really looking forward to is being back on tour. I have gotten pitched so many tour offers and none of them have been right just quite yet. It's just a little too soon. But when I tell you, I am holding on for dear life for the day that I can be like, let's go, and everybody knows, everyone's on standby, they know I don't want some puny, little ten city tour. They know I don't want some little fifty city America tour. They know I want to go world tour as many times as we can, like put my ass on stage five hundred times, please, Duram. The tour was one hundred and thirty four shows. We need at least that we at least need that we cannot do any less than that. That tour was also spanned across five years, which is actually insane. But yeah, I've definitely, I've definitely planned what the next tour will look like and what I envision it to look like. But of course, because it is far away, you know that will change and manipulate over the next year or so. But I think the same way that April fifth crept up on me really really fast. I think, whenever this tour comes, that's gonna it's gonna come fast, and no matter what, time never stops moving. And that is one thing that I am mad grateful for also coming up next for me in my career. That's kind of everything in the music world. I mean, there's there's so much to come, but that's pretty much everything that I am ready to share with you. There's a lot there's a lot, but that is everything that I feel like I want to share right now. But something that was kind of a fun on the little side of my career, the Dance Mom's Reunion that is coming up right around the corner. I very excited for it. It's gonna be really fun. We had two like sixteen hour days on set that's getting edited down to. Honestly, I don't even know how long, but I know it will not be that long. Imagine thirty six hours of a Dance Walms reunion off. Y'all had to relive those days on set with me. Oh, you would not want it, but yeah, we did the Dance Moms Reunion. It was really fun. It was Me, Klawney, Page Brook, Chloe and Kindle and then all of our moms except for Chloe's mom, Christy, she couldn't make it. It was fun. The dynamic at first was a little funky, I'm not gonna lie, but then we kind of found it. We had fun, We laughed, we cried, we all got really open with each other, we got really honest. It was really good. It was really good. I'm excited to see how it's edited. We all get to do press in New York together, which is gonna be really fun. Weird. We all kind of have like a sisterhood bond that will just literally never go away no matter what. And what's interesting is even though me, Chloe Page, and Brooke never were on the show itself together, somehow we had that same sort of sister bond, which kind of blew my mind because I was like, I literally don't know you guys, but like you feel like family. How is that possible? And that's what do they say? They say trauma bond. Okay, I feel like the last thing that I want to talk about that I am actually really excited about my twenty first birthday. It's coming up a little bit over a month May nineteenth. I will be turning twenty one, which is absolutely fucking wild. I cannot wait. I will be in New York just before my birthday to do some press, but then I think I'll actually end up being back in LA for my birthday. And I have this idea for a birthday party that I want to do. I want to do everything but alcohol, everything but bar, and so it's gonna be like normally your twenty first birthday, I mean, you get shitfaced. It's what you do on your twenty first But for me, I don't enjoy drinking. I really don't believe it or not. I was a bad girl. I did some bad things, but I don't drink, and so I, uh, you know, I I but I have before. I've drank in other countries where it's legal. I'm open about. I've drank inside the comfort of my home with my family. I've tried it, hated it, didn't want to touch it. But my family has always been very good about being like, look, if you want to try something, tried inside the house with us, so you don't need to go sneak out, you don't need to go to a friend's house. And also all my friends were always older than me and we're like, no, this is stupid, don't drink. And so I was like, okay, this is but I don't want to drink. But yeah, tried things in foreign countries and honestly, like just genuinely hated it. I in my house, I just tried like a sip of my dad's whatever, or a drink at my mom's white claw or whatever anyone was drinking at the time. But then I went to Ireland with my mom and it was like I was finally legal age should drink there, and it was like, let fucking go. I had everything under the sun, the moon, the sky, the stars. I had it all. Literally. We went to a restaurant. They had a list of shots and I was like, bring them all. I didn't want to try them all, but I wanted to like smell them. I wanted to visually see them so that way I could like pick which one I wanted. Hated them all, it's disgusting, literally discussing. Then my mom was like, well, get this. It's like a mixed drink. It's sweet, you'll like it. I was like, okay, got the mixed drink and I was like, this tastes great, but like, I'm not about to have a four hundred calorie alcoholic beverage, Like absolutely not. I'm already a very healthy eater. I was like, that's going fuck with my stomach and I am not down, and uh yeah, honestly, since then, I haven't touched it. I just don't like it. It's just not my vibe. So for my twenty first birthday, we're gonna do everything but alcohol, and we're gonna do a coffee bar, a smoothie bar, a juice bar, a latte bar. We're gonna do like I V trips. We're gonna do like all every drink, macha bar, every drink we can come up with. We're gonna do that everything but alcohol. No alcohol at the party. And one friend actually who's sober and so he he can't come to any of my parties because there's normally alcohol around for people. But he was like, I can come to this one, and I was like, you absolutely can, because there will be no alcohol. There will be so fun and it's just I feel like that's a very meant thing to do. It's like the cheeky opposite of what you're supposed to do it. So I was like, all right, Also, why the fuck have I said cheeky forty two times in this podcast? I literally, honestly, it's probably because I talked to my I talked to my friend from the UK last night, but she doesn't even really say so I don't I don't know, honestly, don't don't care. I'll take it. It's cheeky, it's fun. I'm trying to think if I missed anything else that's coming up next for me. I mean there's so much. There's so much in the works. There's so much that is happening literally on the daily. I mean I get four text that's like, hey, do you want to do this?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Fuck me. Something that's coming up that I am so excited about is my Pride merch. I just got the proofs of it.
Speaker 1: It is so good.
Speaker 2: I'm not sla talk about it yet though, so I'm probably gonna get in a little bit of trouble for this, but it's fine. We're all gonna live. The Pride merch is actually insane this year. I am so excited. Finally feels like a really good Pride collection.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I had a Pride collection last year and it it was cute, it was fun, but it wasn't wasn't this This is like, oh, this is actually freaking lit. Like even if you're not a Jojo fan, which is totally fine, Like this Pride stuff is like still really cool for just anybody. So yeah, I'm very very excited about that. All right, troops, I uh, I think that is it. I got a fun day ahead of me. I got rehearsals right now, so I am gonna get out of here. I'm gonna head over to studio Seeua. I'm gonna bust down train. The next project's coming up so so soon for you. I am so excited for the future. Thank you so much for hanging out with me. I will see you all so very soon. Or if you're just listening, I will talk to you very soon. You will hear me very soon. I don't know. I don't know. I should figure out how to word that properly. Anyways, I love you and I will see you next week. Goodbye. Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 1: Everybody. Be sure to follow us on Instagram and TikTok at Jojesua Now podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to write us a review.
Speaker 1: And maybe, if you're feeling to leave us five stars.
Speaker 2: I'll see you next week.