Speaker 1: What's up? What's happening now?
Speaker 2: This is another episode of the Beatdown Podcast. And I don't know about y'all, but I'm still over the moon about that thirty eight to thirty three win over the Cincinnati Bengals. I mean that touchdown to Terry McLaurin to ice the game, just inject it into my veins. But we're gonna have to find a new fix this week, as the Commanders need to turn the page for Week four and take on the Arizona Cardinals in hopes of starting three to one for the first time since two thousand and eleven, so well over a decade here. And the Cardinals are a very solid team. Caler Murray is very dynamic both in the passing game and on the ground, and they're even a little bit fister than you might think. So how the Commander's going to be able to take them down? Well, that is exactly what we're going to be discussing today. And with me, we have two more guests, Scott Abraham from ABC seven and David Harrison from SI dot Com making every turn.
Speaker 1: Guys, how are we feeling this morning?
Speaker 3: Let's go, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm doing doing good.
Speaker 5: Doing very excited to avenge my previously unearned defeat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna ask you that. And David, it's seven.
Speaker 2: Am where you're right out right now, so I really appreciate you doing this kind not it's in the early hours of the morning out there in the desert. But yeah, David, you you lost in week one, the first podcast of the beat Down to Late Lewis, so you're definitely you're definitely feeling out for revenge.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh yeah, absolutely, got I got it.
Speaker 3: Wait, who determines who wins? How do you figure that out?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm really glad you asked that, because that's exactly what we're going to be going over next. So for anyone who is just now listening for the first time, I'm going to be asking these guys three questions over the next twenty five to thirty minutes or so. Won an offense, won a defense, A more one, more of a general ish question. These guys will be giving points based on their and their answers, And again, you don't need to take the points too seriously. It's you know, what's more important is the objective information that these guys are giving you. Because they, like everyone else on the beat there to some of the best of what they do. But that said, it is my podcast and I get decide who wins and who loses.
Speaker 1: Uh. So that's your answer, Scott.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's good thing I sent you a venmol before this started.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, extra incentives are always welcome over at the Beatdown Podcast. So with all the pleasantries and the information out of the way, let's go ahead and get started here. And yeah, I know as much as I love to eat my desserts. First, we are going to start with the medicine, which means we're gonna start with the commanders defense here. And I don't think anyone needs to point out that it has not been the greatest start for the group as they would have wanted. Their last and third down converts allowed, they are near the bottom end yards allowed, passing yards allowed. They're okay on on the ground, but still they give a lot of a lot of decent plays. It's till a chunk plays in the middle of the field between the tackles either way, Like I said, not exactly what you would want. And Scott Sin's you are new, we will start with you first. There's a lot of things right that the Commanders need to improve upon. But which area do you think they need to improve on the most in order to get a win over the Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Listen, they got to stop the pass man that The secondary has been a problem all year long, and I think it's going to continue to be a problem. Look at what the opposing wide receiver ones have done through the first three weeks of the season against that Washington secondary. Mike Evans went off, Malik Neighbors went off, Jamar Chase went off. What is the solution? How do you fix that? Well, you gotta look at the big boys up on the line. Can you get pressure on the quarterback? Can you get pressure on the quarterback? Sack the quarterback while rushing being only four? Remember the secondary and the defensive line, you kind of work in concert. When one is off, the other is off. So this is something that defensive coordinator Joe Whitt Junior has been trying to figure out. They've had a few days off in Arigona trying to figure figure out the game plan for Kyler Murray from Marvin Harrison Junior. You have Emmanuel Forbes coming back that could be a boost the secondary. I think Benjamin Saint Jews for the most part has been pretty solid. But it's really tough, you know, trying to figure out how to shut down the opposing team's wide receiver one. But I think it comes down to pressure making the quarterback uncomfortable getting home and trying to get those big guys up trying to get to the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know, honestly, that is such a good point because Jonathan Allen and Deron Payne are two of two the reputation suggests there are two of the best demons of tackles in the game right now, but they have not really gotten off to as good of a start as you would want. Like the rest of the defense, I think they only have about five and a half tackles between the two of them. So, David, I'll kind of pivot here and and really kind of asked you the same question, but with more of a defensive line twist, like, what what do you think it is about Jonathan Allendron Payne and that that defensive line that's that's really not been as productive as you would like to life and to be over the first three games.
Speaker 6: And you know, I think I think ultimately what it boils down to is the assignments that these guys have right now, they're just simply not winning them enough and winning them in tandem enough to make make the effect that they need to make to make.
Speaker 5: You know, when there's a lot of games you can play up front. Obviously he has a defensive front, and Joe Junior has mentioned that, you know, he uses the worst weak and you know, whether you want to call it adjusting or shifting or changing or whatever word you want, Like, the good news here is.
Speaker 4: That the coach understands this isn't good enough.
Speaker 5: And it's not just the simple fact that my players aren't executing. But when you do try the table a good times where you know a guy will kind of pain blockers down, then maybe the twister, the stunter or the outside linebacker we'll come back.
Speaker 4: In or whatever.
Speaker 5: This either the gap it doesn't get there in time, or gets there with a bad angle or over pursues, and that's where things kind of get messed up. I mean going back to week one, and you know, everybody kind of has their hand in it. So I think that while we on the outside focused on kind of the bigger names in it, they're they're opportunities for guys from time to time that just aren't being taken advantage of. And I think for Joey Junior, so okay, is it not being taken advantage of because my players.
Speaker 4: Just not doing the job, or is it they're a different way I can make this job approachable forward this.
Speaker 5: Player, And I think it's encouraging to know that the coach is trying to do that and.
Speaker 4: Get those fixes, because who's got's point?
Speaker 5: I think that's where improving the past defense really starts. And to even add to that, in this game specifically, there are defenses the area mccarlo's offensive face already that are performing at a better rate right now and producing better than the Washington Commanders defenses. And they're still able to exploit those defenses that again are playing at a better clip. And the way they do that is their shortstop quarterback, right And the problem with any mobile quarterback is if you don't have pocket discipline, containing discipline while you're trying to have Russia while you're trying to get better here, you're going to get burned anyway.
Speaker 4: But the problem with Kyler Murray.
Speaker 5: Being that shortstop style quarterback is he can do it on either side this dude has thirteen pass that's outside.
Speaker 4: The pocket this season so far, he's completed nine of.
Speaker 5: Them, or he's got fourteen completion sorry outside the pocket, and they're basically evenly split from the left side and the right side. This student can escape the pocket on either side and still make you pay with his mobility. So it's not like a quarterback that you know, needs to scramble for the right side to say, a thrower or needs to scramble to the left side. He can do it all over the field and the best secondaries.
Speaker 4: In the world.
Speaker 5: If he can get out there and create five seconds of time for his receiver, they're always.
Speaker 4: Going to get open. And that's really where this pass rush has to get better this week.
Speaker 5: Specifically, you just want to get to the quarterback, but you also need to keep Piler in the pocket because that's where his number goes down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, absolutely right.
Speaker 2: You know, it seems like if you can crash the pocket, you can kind of make feed up his process a little bit and get him off because then he's a he's a small dude, and if you can you can get around him, he's got you're to limit his vision. But Scott you also mentioned, you know, the secondary and getting manual fours back with the thumb injury, you know, and you also brought up how these number one receivers that Washington has gone up against has really given them a tough time. And Marvin Harrison Junior is another one who is I mean, just as dynamic, if not more so than elite neighbors who gave them a lot of fits in week two. You know, we'll we'll go we'll go into the secondary here specifically because I think that's that's gonna be another big challenge for them, even with Emmanuel Forbes out there is you know, Scott, what have you seen from from Marvin Harrison and what do you expect of this secondary?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know, as they go up against a passing a passing group, they didn't have necessarily as many weapons as as the Bengals do. But again, like they've got some some pretty interesting pieces out there.
Speaker 3: Well, Marvin Harrison Junior comes from some pretty good DNA. His father, Marvin Harrison Hall of Famer, well did his thing with Pinton Manning in Indianapolis, one of the greatest of all time. And Marvin Harrison Junior did his thing in college was tremendous at Ohio State, and after a slow Week one in the NFL, the last two weeks, Marvin Harrison June has shown why he's going to be one of the best receivers in the NFL for many years because he can do it all. He has the route tree, he can be physical, he can take the jump ball, he can be elusive and show off his speed. So it's going to be a handful for this Washington secondary. How do you stop Marvin Harrison Junior. Maybe get a little physical, well them cam him at the line of scrimmage, get him off get him off kilter a little bit, don't give him a free free release. You know, you got to try something. Clearly, what Washington has been doing the last three weeks against those wide receiver ones hasn't been working. So you got to go back into the playbook. That's why Joe Wick Junior is a defensive coordinator, That's why he works in magic with the Dallas secondary. Last year, they got to figure out a way to shut down Marvin Harrison Junior. And I think a key element of all this is let's get some takeaways. Boys. Let's try to figure out to punch the ball out, get a bumble, get an interception. Since this defense has been giving a lot of yards and a lot of points, seems like the only way this defense can maybe stop the opposing offense creating some turnovers. So maybe be a little bit more aggressive, take some chances, be physical. I think I think throw the kitchen sink at at this point, guys, because what you've been doing hasn't been working. To try something.
Speaker 2: Different, David, real quick before before we move on to the next question. Scovery's of an excellent point. They only have one turnover U through the first, you know, three games of the season. What can they do to get more opportunities for for for their offense because they simply cannot go through these interests where the commanders have to put up no point, no no punchs, no turnovers. They have to basically pitch a perfect game every single week in order that you give themselves the best chance to win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they gotta have faith. That I think is the key here. So Coach Witt kind of talked about this where you know, there are guys in positions to make plays and they're either just not reacting fast enough or or they're not they're not trusting what they're seeing with their eyes fast enough to go and make the best play right. They're in position to maybe make the hit, or try to get the tackle, maybe try to get a punch out in all those things. But there's opportunities there to break on the balls and break on routes. He's up the trust what you see, man, and and you know that could be hard, you know, especially when you're talking about the secondary.
Speaker 4: That's returning, you know, and you're just organic lineup.
Speaker 5: You've got three three members of the secondary that are recurring from the worst past secondary.
Speaker 4: In the twenty point three NFL season, and then right now when Jeremy Shid dropped.
Speaker 5: Down in the box and putting Percy Butler out there on the fields, and Night's got four members in that secondary that are problem with.
Speaker 4: That work pass defense in the NFL. So it's kind of understandable from a human element to know, like those guys are probably a little bit shell truck. They're a little bit inconfident, unconfident in.
Speaker 5: What they see their odds, and I think that's what's leading to some of these hesitations.
Speaker 4: And as they get more confident, you know, I think that's where they can play fast. You're always your coaches said, once you're playing completely fast.
Speaker 5: I think these guys are in their heads a little bit more than Joe At wants them right now, and they're thinking, you.
Speaker 4: Know a little bit, the Scott's going.
Speaker 5: I think Benson Saint Jus is playing with a lot more confidence than maybe some of those other guys, and I think as his confidence.
Speaker 4: Growth, maybe you'll be able to see those things as well. And I agree.
Speaker 5: I think that when you watch the Arizona and Cardinals, they have a few receivers that really have issues making catches through contact, which is why I really like a guy like Noah Abanagni to maybe get more snaps in.
Speaker 4: This game, because that dude is a very physical cornerback.
Speaker 5: Now, the trade off there, and you have to be willing to accept this, is if he gets a significant amount of snaps, he's probably also going to get a flagger two right from me physicality. But again, if you did that's the brand of football you want to play. You have the stuff that sometimes you're going to get those penalties, but if you can get into your opponent's mind where maybe you're not even on cover, maybe Marvin is able to get some separation, but he can't see that he's that separation.
Speaker 4: And if he just thinks, say, you're probably there, that can impact the play as well.
Speaker 5: So you know, those are all the things I think that you know, they need to get better at than obviously a work in progress, but they're Joe, it's confident that they're getting there. Playing that poor and of Commander's defense, and you know there are signs to say that perhaps they are. I'm interested to see how Emmanuel looks coming back, if he does indeed get to get back on the field this weekend.
Speaker 2: The Commanders are one of just four teams to have two or fewer turnovers. They joined the Raiders, the Titans, and the Jaguars who have zero. So it always can be worse, but one is not necessarily the greatest thing. We're gonna move on to the next question here, but before we do that score update, you guys are tied five to five and points. I really like stuff you you brought up, David about no egg bnogny and being more physical. I really thought that Scott made a good point about the turnovers. So but we're gonna flip onto the other side of the field now and go to the offense because the Commanders have a big weapon that they have lost with Austin Eckler into concussion protocol. This guy is second in scrimmage charge for this team. He's spent just a just production magnet. He's been able to really kind of give a spark to this unit in ways that I think maybe a lot of people outside of the Commanders organization didn't really think that he could. So David, we'll start with you next. Now that Austin is out, who want office need to step up for to replace that production in week four?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I actually asked Cliff that that almost exact same question, and I like the way that he said, you don't replace Austin Eckler, you know, but they've got to come up with a way to kind of fill in for him while he's out, and even though you don't just one for one replace him. And I definitely agree, especially when you look, you know, on the Dross, but just across the NFL, like there's not really another Austin Eckler out there that's as effective as Austin has been, and he's certainly has been this season for the Commander, So I think trying to just fill in, right, Jeremy and McNichols is kind of the low hanging crew, as a name goes, But I also think that he provides this dynamic that you know, you always want to keep your opponents on their toes.
Speaker 4: And I think when you have an offense that just came off.
Speaker 5: This you know, multi layered historic performance on Monday Uniting and Cincinnati Bengals, and you kind of see this evolution of this of this team, like as Cliff Kingsbury and Jade Daniels have been able to together on role more of their playbook and more of their dynamic ability on offense, there has been kind of a path, right, Like you go from week one to two and three and you see this kind of natural progression of the offense. So while every week looked a little bit different, and certainly the performances has obviously been a lot different, there is a theme there. So bringing a guy like Jeremy McNichols, then, while you would obviously much rather have Austin healthy, it gives you an opportunity to switch it up a little bit, change the tempo, and make the Arizona Cardinals defend looks that they haven't and make them defend a type of running back to will with Bryan Robinson Junior and Jeremy and McNichols that they haven't seen yet.
Speaker 4: So how did Cliff Kingsbury get them to kind of dance off with each other? That's going to be really key.
Speaker 5: And if they can come up with kind of a new wrinkle, then the addition of Jeremy McNichols can actually be turned into an advantage at least early on. I mean, every defense was dounit just eventually if you can kind of get that early spart the air Lanvarnald are a team that has known if they fall behind early, they will almost completely, but they will very significantly go away from James connerd. So if you can use your offense to help put pressure on their offense and do that and that only that, that simplifies their offense and makes the defensive job you here.
Speaker 2: You know, I like Jeremy mc nichols. I liked him a Lotstin's training camp. I think he brings a lot of unique things to this offense. And he played really well. Uh whenever Eckler went out, have that really good that good pass block that really helped set out the touchdown from Jade to Terry.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: But Scott A mcgoveror you next, and what you know?
Speaker 2: I think you know obviously, like like if David said, you can't really replace Eckler's production, But what about guys like zach Ertzlut McCaffrey, some of these other weapons that they have. Do you think they're gonna be able to get more snaps and more looks Now that you know Eckler is going to be out for this week, it's.
Speaker 3: Time to unleash Luke McCaffrey. He took the words right out of my mouth. That dude is an athlete. He used to play quarterback, transition to wide receiver. He's speedy, he's shifty. He could be that Swiss Army Knights type player that Austin Eckler is. You're not going to replace an Austin Eckler. Sure you can try to mimick. You can try to replicate with Luke McCaffrey. Line up, line them up all over, you know, the offense, outside, inside slot, maybe put them out in the backfield, get get you know, creative with Luke mccafrey. Because again you talk about the pedigree, the DNA of a Marvin Harrison Junior.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Luke McCaffrey has that pedigree in DNA, so he can be in that Austin Eckler type role. Also rely on your studs, guys. Rely on a Terry McLaurin, rely on a Brian Robinson Junior, rely on a zach Ertz. Those guys are you know, been there, done that they can be those players when you need that third and four, When you need that third and five, Okay, go to your safety blanket and zach Ertz for a first down. Get Terry McLaurin more involved like you did against Cincinnati. Brian Robinson Junior, stick to the running game, open up some holes on the offensive line, big guys for Brian Robinson Junior. And I think another key factor is the kind of to lessen the blow of not having Austin Eckler. You've got to play in front of the sticks. So you don't want to get in third and lungs. You don't want third and seven. You don't want third and eighth, you don't want third and nine. You want to play in front of the sticks. You want those short distances, Get those first downs, get those third and ones, get those third and twos. I think that's gonna be key of them not having those third and lungs because that's where Eckler came into play. So if you can stay in front of the sticks manage those down in distances of a third and one and third and two, I think you'd be much more successful.
Speaker 2: You know, the Commanders are sixth in third down conversion rate, and I think a lot of it has to do with with how they've been able to rely on the running game as much as they have, much more obviously than they did in twenty twenty three when they were last and run past ratio. But David, you brought up Brian Robbinson first, and you know, we often hear about how surprised this this coaching staff and a lot of coaches, even the previous regime. We're surprised at how good Brian Robinson is the pass catcher. And we've seen some of that every now and again, right, Like I mean last year, you know we saw some of that against the Seahawks. We've seen some of that in other other cases. Uh, do you think we're going to see more of that with the Cardinals, Because you're right, he does have this ability to make these screens and do make some people miss in the open space as a well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think I think there's a very good possibility again when you have a when you have a quarterback like Jaane Diagels is an extend plays.
Speaker 4: I think that's kind of the.
Speaker 5: Next step in the evolution of the quarterback here is you know, and we talked about kind of going from week one to week three, and week one, I don't call James Daniels nervous, but I think you can tell like his internal clock is certainly accelerated in the first NFL game, Top Bolt defense, you know, road game, all those and the certainly plays into that. And there are some reads that you would like them for him to see, anticipate and deliver on that he doesn't.
Speaker 4: And then we two he's delivering on more of those things.
Speaker 5: Week three, we obviously kind of see the whole thing just just really kind of explode and you and you really get the first glimpse that Jaden is like on his most collided putting in.
Speaker 4: The National Football League.
Speaker 5: Well, the next step in that is understanding, you know, when your first plan doesn't work out and your second playing doesn't work out, how do you keep that play a lot for your teammates to give them that third and the fourth look, break those.
Speaker 4: Those bonus downs as some coaches will call them after the play the original play, who's on during the fourth? And that's where a guy like Brian Romins can really do a lot of damage.
Speaker 5: And you know, we know the ability is there, right We've seen it in practices at the ability to extend the play, manipulate the defense with your athleticism and take advantage of that is there. It's getting it up to the full NFL speed right now that you're in the regular season. And if that next step happens this week, It's it's easy to try to get excited about every week there being a next step for Chad and Daniels today, but I think that really is that next step, and if that happens this weekend, it's just going to unlock another level of the Washington Comanders offense.
Speaker 1: So Scott, real quick, before we move on to the final question.
Speaker 2: You bring up Lout McCaffrey's ability as a as a Swiss army knife here, and he was a little bit of a running back back in his college days. Do we see possibly the first lout McCaffrey touch out of the backfield as a runner.
Speaker 3: Do you think why not maybe like a little wide retiever handoff here? You just I think they have confidence and Jerry McNichols and Brian Robinson Junior they'll get the handoffs, but don't be surprised for maybe like a little a little wide retiever action getting getting a little reverse action and you don't I don't see Luke running in between the tackles per se like McNichols and Brian Robinson Jr. But I certainly think he can fit the mold as being that athletic type of Swiss army knife where you get the ball in his hand, good things usually happened. So I think, uh, he's shown some glimpses. He's grown and grown each and every week of making an impact on this offense. So I think more and more as the season goes on, and especially on Sunday, I think they're going to get the ball in the hand the little bit more of Luke McCaffrey.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think Luke is gonna have an interesting game because you saw a little bit more of that with a thirty yard pass on fourth down. I think they're starting to open him up a little bit more and I think that's gonna be able to really help out this offense. So final question, But you guys are still tied dead heat heading into the last question here. Uh, And we're gonna stick on the offense. And we've seen how this offense has really produced. They've been the talk of the league for like the last few days or so with how impressive that win over the Bengals was. You know, the first thirty eight point game they've had since twenty twenty in Thanksgiving. It's been a long time since we've seen since we've seen this kind of level production from a commander's offense. But uh, David will start with you, what do you think the next step is for this commander's offense now that Jaden and Terry have started to connect on these explosive plays.
Speaker 5: It's it's the consistency in the explosive plays, right, So we've seen already then go to the map and they and they can they control the clock, then.
Speaker 4: They can use that air running back, and they're willing to use their running back.
Speaker 5: And now we're starting to see that explosive connection come together, not just for Jae and Terry, but like Fred mentioned, Luke McCaffrey, the pride of cass Arock of Colorado.
Speaker 4: But you need to see that more consistently. Right, So two really big anomalies that we've seen in the last two weeks.
Speaker 5: A team kicking nothing but field goals and winning, and then a team only having four explosive plays on offense and not only hitting but scoring almost forty points like that almost never happened. When you look at expected points per average on drives, when you have explosive plays, that expected points per average drive goes up to four point seventy nine.
Speaker 4: When you don't have explosive plays, that drops to one point two.
Speaker 5: And when you think about it, for the mand new team that really wants to have like fixture seven drive games because they want to con twelve o'clock, they want to run it, they want to let us go home early, which you reatly appreciate. Like you're talking a difference of eighteen points potentially on drive, where you don't if you have an entire game, which is pretty rare with no explosive you're talking about an eighteen point difference there on average. That's very, very significant, especially in the defense that's struggling.
Speaker 4: So you love seeing the explosive connections. And just like I just kind of talked about before, and I know I was kind of getting into dangerous waters maybe free answering the final question.
Speaker 7: But the next evolution for Jade Daniels can also help online the next evolution of this Washington Commander's offense, because we've all seen again Brian Robinson take that short dump off and turn it into big yards.
Speaker 5: Well, now get that short dump off with three or four members of the air zoning the Cardinals defense, chasing Jade and Daniels, and now you're behind them, and I don't know, two or three other receiver art defenders are on the opposite side of the field because they're defending routes on the other side of the tree. You've got half that defense that already basically out of this play for Brian Robinson Junior, and now you've got to make each of that space. That's how you generate more explosive than of course play action and all that stuff opening up lane for these running backs. Now, I think it is important also when we talk about the commanders having only forest flow the plays on offense igin Cincinnati Bengals forting to realize too, like a couple of those closes or.
Speaker 4: Near closes, like a sixteen yard pass the Noah Brown that you ball down to the four yard line or whatever it was, like the.
Speaker 5: Sixteen yard pass is not in the closest technically very good play. And then obviously from four yards out you're not getting explosive in either the run game or the pass game.
Speaker 4: So you know when we're when we're sticking strictly, you can explosive. Mark. That's where those numbers come in. And if this team can generate.
Speaker 5: Six, seven and eight of cloth of offense to play per game, then you can more more confidently.
Speaker 4: I think we're expect the twenty four plus point.
Speaker 2: Helpus, all right, Scott, same question, what is the next phase of the Commander's offense?
Speaker 3: A sidebar layer? And I don't think none of us have talked about it yet. Let's give some flowers to the Washington offensive line guys, because they have been really really good pass protection, uh you know, in running the football in the last couple of years. They've been a storery lineup and they protect the quarterback Sam Howels the most a quarterback guys. They did a tremendous job against Cincinnati and pass per text and I think the evolution of this offense, let's let's let's let's continue to get nasty a little bit, build a little identity in the trenches in that offensive lineup. Let's stick to that running game, because the more you run the football in the NFL, the more successful the offense usually is. And Brian Robinson Junior went off against the Giants, had a tough game against Cincy. I mean, had a lot of carries, but not a lot of yards. But stick to that running game. It'll make it much easier on Jaden Daniels as a rookie quarterback.
Speaker 4: And I love the.
Speaker 3: PLAYAB little edge PLAYAB little nastiness, take the will of the opposing defensive line. So I think that's a big part of this too. And Cliff Kingsbury knows what's working right now for this Washington offense. They've been relying heavily on that dynamic due all Boston Eckler and Brian Robinson Junior, part of that duo is going to be missing on So we talked about maybe some of the changes they may implement. And I also want to see as this offense evolved. In the evolution of the offenses. Jaden Daniels as the passer. You got a glimpse of that on Monday against the Cincinnati Bengals, that deep balls, stretching the fields. The more and more he's gonna get comfortable of reading defenses sitting there in the pocket. Having a clean pocket, which was crucial on Monday, will allow him to stretch the field more and push the ball down the field. So I think it starts with the offensive line, to be honest with you, guys, start with the offensive line. The pass pro get a nice little pocket for Jane Daniels to feel comfortable where he can stretch the field, and I think that's gonna be all part of the process.
Speaker 2: You know, honestly, the Commander's offensive line was expected to be, to your point, Scott, one of one of the worst in the league heading into the season, and I think there's been no There's been some some hiccups here and there, but I think mostly you haven't really heard that much about them.
Speaker 4: And that's what you love.
Speaker 1: As an offensive liney.
Speaker 2: You don't want you don't want to create two many headlines other than the fact that they've beginning gotten great production for Jayden and Daniels. All Right, So drum I feel like I should added rumble here into this. You know, Scott, I love the points you were bringing up, you know, about the OFFICI line about uh, you know, Lil McCaffrey about creating the turnovers.
Speaker 1: But David, I gotta give you the win here.
Speaker 2: Just no, no, I think that's look modern offenses in the league. That's it's all about generating as supposed to plays. And I think that's that the more you can make it in this league, the more you you're gonna be able to be successful and overcome a struggling defense. So David, first win of the Beatdown you have any.
Speaker 5: Look, and maybe I one against the big time, but I'm now one to know against the ACC and I'll take any time your own defeated against any any power conference.
Speaker 3: Love that, Love it all right, guys, Thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really appreciate you guys doing this.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, hopefully next week when these these you was listening to the Beatdown podcast, we'll be talking about a third straight win. But again, thank you, guys. Uh and for everyone else listening, please rate, review, subscribe, and this has been the Beatdown podcast,