Speaker 1: I am all in you.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast And guys, what what is this? Is? Season five, episode eleven ten? What is it? Eleven eleven eleven?
Speaker 2: Okay, so wait really fast before you go. When can we see Sullivan's crossing September October?
Speaker 1: In the fall? I don't know when that's going to be September October, but it's going to be on Wednesday nights. I think it's, oh, you know, the night Wednesday nights. Yes, in the fall. A couple of things to report. Delta Airlines found my like a monthly so the suit survives? No, no, John, this was this was John Barbados, this was this is It's a different.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, well, Scott, you wear this thing from the gap. It's fine.
Speaker 1: You're gonna make it work. It's not about that.
Speaker 3: Did it just show up on your doorstep?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, I mean I had to fill out a form online, you know, bag and plead and send money and send donations. But Delta they came through. I was very very pleased.
Speaker 2: Is the crack staff on strike?
Speaker 1: No? No, they're still in uh Borla they're still in fishing. Look, they've worked their tushies off. Come on. They they stare at screens all day looking for inconsistencies and mistakes. So I sent them to bor. There's still there. Yeah, I have.
Speaker 2: A new clown pillow for this one, which I'll tell you guys. Yeah, boys, new boy.
Speaker 1: So let's get into this. Danielle, Danielle, take daniel Away. Synopsizing. By the way, this Synopsizing International Synopsizers Association. The ISSA has awarded Danielle honorable mention Best New Artist. It's a big honor. We're very thrilled. We threw our big party.
Speaker 2: That is so funny.
Speaker 4: I love it all right. This is season five, Episode eleven, Women of Questionable Morals Air dates January twenty fifth, two thousand and four. Loreali's warm regard for snow turns frosty after several mishaps, and Rory continues to give her dad the cold shoulder until she learns his father has passed away. Laurel I spends time confronting Christopher but keeps it from Lukeyikes, and Richard and Emily find a lost dog. First of all, I loved this episode.
Speaker 2: How happy are we that Richard and Emily.
Speaker 4: I'm happy for the dog. I'm happy for them. I'm happy for Lorli and Rory. Like the only one I'm not happy for is Luke because he's getting kind of fooled in this episode a little.
Speaker 2: I know, we need to debate that because then he built an ice rink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something, something bad's coming, right, I kind of feel like they boinked after all their tequila. Is that is that the case that she.
Speaker 2: No, no, I didn't get.
Speaker 1: That isn't coming. Isn't that like a bad thing.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see what happens, but they I don't not Ye.
Speaker 1: That's like for me. I was waiting for the next shoe to drop, and I thought that was it shrink And then the next episode, by the way, Luke I slept with himrcas, Oh that's not coming, all right, Well I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: Well, we're not going to tell you. But yeah, because I've been reprimanded about I've been reprimanded about spoilers, and.
Speaker 4: So protect my precious ears, please.
Speaker 2: Hippy my lippy. I know they were like Danielle, don't read these calls.
Speaker 4: I don't for the record, because of spoilers. I just don't unless I'm tagged in it and it comes up in my feet.
Speaker 5: I do not look at anything nothing.
Speaker 2: I read them. But I would like to begin with that question for Scott Patterson, what is harder to play sleepy or drunk drunk?
Speaker 1: Both are hard, both are not. Yeah, it's it's really.
Speaker 2: Do they ever let actors actually drink to play drunk?
Speaker 1: No, you can't do that because then you'd have to drink all day or drink for three or four hours.
Speaker 4: I feel like Scott's told us this before, that the key to playing drunk is playing super sober.
Speaker 1: Is that you're trying to be straight.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, So really, all it takes is if there's movement, just one little misstep and then the audience gets it. That's all that's all you need to do. It's it's not like movement all over the place. It's just it's just a little wobble. It's just a little it's a little slur. It's not on every other word.
Speaker 6: It's not like, well, although some nights are like that, they wouldn't be far off.
Speaker 1: You know. It's not Foster Brooks. You know what I'm saying. It's it's it's a little.
Speaker 2: More playing sleepy is so hard because you have so little experience of knowing what being sleepy is because you're asleep.
Speaker 1: The silliest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Because you have to play asleep. Do you think he nailed it?
Speaker 1: I don't know that was the beginning, Yeah, I thought so, Yeah, you think I had too much energy coming out of the bed.
Speaker 2: Well, so okay, because here's my thing. Don't I go from zero to one hundred? Right, So like I'm never like oak up, I'm just like hello, like because my phone will ring.
Speaker 1: Well, no, that's the thing. He's he's a guy who is he's not a big sleeper anyway, right, He's a guy who wakes up really early. He wakes up when it's dark out, and he gets going. So he's he's, you know, used to this. His body is engineered that way at this point. It's he's trained his body to get up early and and and endure the entire day and then just like take a little cat nap at night and then wake up and get it do it again.
Speaker 2: So I actually thought that opening was sweet. She's very excited about the snow, and he's grouchy, but going along with it.
Speaker 7: I like, what they brought this back from I think it was season one where she's like, I smell snow, Like I love that week get that because I think I don't think we got it last season.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so either. And what I loved is her coat.
Speaker 4: And another skinny scarf totally doesn't keep you warm at all.
Speaker 2: And did you notice she doesn't totally hold his hand in it? She kind of holds his coat kind of like how you would like holding his coat, and like they're kind of going out there. I thought it was cute.
Speaker 1: He was he was a crank face. I thought he was a bit of a crank fast.
Speaker 2: I like when you said, Kimmy Listen Live at five said no snow and then just sprinkles snow.
Speaker 4: I love a fresh snow, Like, are you guys snow? People like, does it make you excited?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think Danielle's because we didn't grow up in it too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I grew up in it. It's exhaust me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see the people who grew up with it don't like it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I grew up with it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Scott's a total ski snow guy where I'm like, oh, it's exhausting.
Speaker 1: You can't get off, I mean lifts close at three thirty or something. You can't get me off the hell?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm like still like, I'm like, I've done two runs.
Speaker 1: Let me go up one more time, just one more front.
Speaker 2: Your opposite, I'm like, I've done two runs. Is it over? And I don't have a car port, so I have to shovel.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you're right there.
Speaker 2: I have to shovel snow off my car. And let me tell you that is a workout like nothing like you know the scene where you guys are shoveling the snow off the car and the tree fell.
Speaker 4: The mold you felt that and Lola was punching the snow.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's exhausting for anyone that lives in snow.
Speaker 1: To live in it, you know, but to vacation one, Yeah, totally. You just need a heated driveway in a garage problem. Okay, you can't live in snow country with that or heated garage.
Speaker 2: I don't even have a covered garage a carport. My car building buried. First of all, you're not allowed where I live. But also I don't have them. But anyway, you don't have Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Mountains two of your houses. You have fifteen of them. One of the I love them.
Speaker 2: I love when you were shouting out the weather guys Jimmy Mountain because really and truly in l A, there's a guy named Johnny Mountains.
Speaker 1: Mountain drink water.
Speaker 2: Oh god, okay, so the only theF what what when it's snowing outside the diner? But yet it's sunny. That's not totally like if it's snowing, it's usually kind of gray. So it's very sunny. But then there was snow which I can't remember. Is it soap? What was the fakes?
Speaker 1: Paper? Oh? Paper, it's tiny, tiny paper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, such a messic clean up.
Speaker 1: They just suck it up with that giant vacuum you have it.
Speaker 2: Soap seems easier when we do spake snow at jingle Ball.
Speaker 3: It's soap, it's so yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, but because you don't have to do as much.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. So okay, So we're off to the race.
Speaker 1: Plus the soap bubbles and that crowd loves to see champagne bubbles and it gets they get their drink on, so you know you're not going to drive.
Speaker 2: They do all that spake snow that's on the ground, like outside the Gilmour's house.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's just that's like foam. Oh really, it's like foam.
Speaker 5: Looked good, Yeah, it did, look at it.
Speaker 1: They do. They do a great job. When you get on set, it actually looks like real snow, and then you want to go run and jump in it, and they're like, no, don't do that.
Speaker 3: We want it.
Speaker 2: Although it's probably hot out and you're like in all that, like acting like you're cold.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's one hundred degrees and this is what you're you're dealing with. Yes, you're freezing, which actually works. It does cool you down. If you do a sense memory, like you're sitting on a block of ice naked, you can lower your body temperature.
Speaker 2: You know what I thought of you the other day because I was doing active listening. I try to be a good listener. I actually try what I try to, like show I'm listening, so ask a question and then it just seems like I'm talking, but I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: I know you're a very good listener. You can't You're you're an expert conversationalist, so you have to be a good listener.
Speaker 2: I try.
Speaker 1: So, how were you actively listening.
Speaker 2: I was like hearing them and engaged and hearing them and like engaged in it actively listening.
Speaker 1: And then and then he got really bored and went back to the old way, said screw it, I'm just gonna think of.
Speaker 2: How long lasting. Oh god, wait, So so we go to the diner and there's just this table old cats, which at first I was like, they weren't talking a lot, and I was a little over my head. I have a couple complaints in this episode because I also could not understand Michelle was talking so fast.
Speaker 1: It was hard to it was hard to understand him.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't I did fel faster than usual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, I can't here. So you got the guys at the table. We obviously knew there was going to be reenactment in this because in the recap they always give you a sort of a glimpse of what you're going to see. So this is where I thought it was snowing, and it was also sunny. But anyway, here's my new clown pillow. Who's ready for it? Ready the mug Cubbies. I feel like we need to shout out the mug puppies. Do you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know mug cuppies.
Speaker 3: I think what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Okay, they have their own cubbies, and I just think it deserves a like a tip of the hat every time.
Speaker 1: We're going to do the whole post on it. It's going to be great. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, was there a specific mug you sorry, just calling.
Speaker 2: All the mug coming. Oh yeah, there was a good shot. So I was happy to see Taylor. How about you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's finally breath of fresh air. Yeah, and he was funny as funny as he could possibly.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a welcome return. Okay. So and I did think it was funny because even though I was having a hard time following what all those guys were talking about, when Luke says trying not to walk too sexy, when Flora LII goes out, that was good.
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 2: So then we get right away Emily's on the phone and she sees the dog, so that they gave that to us right away.
Speaker 5: It was so cute.
Speaker 2: Bay, I just love I'm so happy. Sorry, that was a very I'm so happy that there they seem to be getting along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was really Richard and Emily's episode, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I didn't realize how much I hated them.
Speaker 1: Not it looks like the icebergs are melting.
Speaker 2: I felt that, hmmm. And they were so kind to each other, like they feel like they're on their way back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he went out fire pos, that was just what I was about to say, and he's.
Speaker 2: All, is it a rabid dog? It's not frowling at.
Speaker 1: The mill and the dog is that?
Speaker 7: Well, then throughout the episode, most of it, they just called the dog.
Speaker 4: It yeah, and we just kept saying it. I'm like, it's a dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just love that it's the Internet that they're learning the Internet, and it looked like the old timiest internet. And then he's like showing her the Louis Bhuton website. I don't even know if Louis Bouton had a website back then.
Speaker 1: Well they did otherwise the health could they put it in the show?
Speaker 2: There was a lot it was a while I think now I don't I don't want to speak out of school, but there was quite a while before you could buy Louis Boutona on the internet.
Speaker 4: But maybe it was just like a catalog, like this is all Yeah, our product shopping store or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just love that they're very much going back and forth to the house, to the pool house coming up, you know. Okay, okay. So then we go to the scene where I couldn't understand most of it with Michelle and Lorelai. But I did catch Jack Frost nipping at my nose and he said, Jack, I don't care. But yeah, why Scott, Why was it so hard to understand? Was it because he wasn't facing camera?
Speaker 1: Was it because it was back having sound issues?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I could not hear him, and I.
Speaker 1: Think that was I think that was it was. It was an issue throughout the entire episode because you know, the beginning, the opening, a lot of laurelized lines were looped and you can tell, and I think some of mine were too, And I think that that happened throughout the show, and that's going to happen when there's a snowmaker going and a little buzzy totally whatever. So you're going to come in and you're going to do you're going to a d R. A lot of the dialogue that you did.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they match it. You know, it's interesting. My Nieces.
Speaker 1: We stand there in front of a giant screen and we see our scene before us, and we match the.
Speaker 2: Rhythm and so hard.
Speaker 3: That's so hard.
Speaker 1: It's it's actually a lot easier than you think to sort of get the basics down, but to get it perfectly the tone and of the scene, because it can be too brighter, too muddy. That's the hard part.
Speaker 2: Too brighter, too muddy. Can you explain that.
Speaker 1: If you put too much energy in your voice at that particular time in the scene, it can really right or if it's too muddy, if it's too underplayed, then it can also alter the meaning.
Speaker 2: Would like this, Okay, so say on my mouse going like a B C D right, But if I'm looping and I go heys like like that, that's that's gonna be bad.
Speaker 1: But it's really it's you know what. A lot of it is the room tone. So what they do is after a scene is over and they know there's going to be some sound challenges, they say, everybody stand still, everybody be quiet. We got to get some room tone. So the sound up in the air and he gets he records that tone of the room in total silence. Room has a distinctive sound to it, even when nothing is going on in there. Okay, there's a hollow this, so there's an echoek vibe to whatever it is, a muted vibe. That's the hard That's when you can tell that somebody's done a DR because it's very difficult to match room tones when you're doing a DR.
Speaker 2: And then they lay under the ad R.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: Wow, fascinating. That's interesting, interesting because yeah, I had a really hard time understanding Michelle. And this is where Danielle she's still wearing the same coat with the skinny scarf.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did have a funny line about bankruptcy will be funny. He had funny lines. So all this what was gonna say? My nieces love Gilmourt girls And they watch it with the closed captioning on the audio's up, but the close captioning is on the word.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think people may do that.
Speaker 4: Right, that's still a trend, even like on Instagram videos, everyone captions.
Speaker 2: Yeah fine by me. So Suki was a little bit grouchy for me in this episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah was she in this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Just grouchy with the coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the coffee.
Speaker 1: Here's my thing about that. It's like, just go out and send to go get some coffee.
Speaker 4: It's like, right, and how would Lurlai ever not.
Speaker 1: Just go somebody can go out and do a coffee run.
Speaker 2: First of all, this was my thought too. Luke's is like eight.
Speaker 1: Stuffs from the right, send somebody to get coffee.
Speaker 2: And also when she I know we're not there yet, but when she was drinking old other people's coffee.
Speaker 1: O my god, that made me get that was foul.
Speaker 2: Really, because there's Backwatch and I were having a call last night because we stumbled upon the TikTok that explains why you should never use the cure eg in your hotel room.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because there's just mold and gross stuff people.
Speaker 7: Like people do disgusting what to it, Like, I can never look at a cure egg ever the same.
Speaker 2: I'm never never TikTok said, because people are so weird they do weird stuff.
Speaker 4: Or really gross like we need to come on INSTAGRAOM.
Speaker 2: I know this is a lot of work with Somebody needs to do Danielle's face cam because Danielle's face to everything we say is like she's just making somebody do that, please please, okay, And they put nair in the shampoo. Never use the shampoo thing.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I used That's one thing I do use.
Speaker 2: You can use it. That TikTok said, if it has a lock on it, there's some sort of lock on it.
Speaker 3: All my own, And yeah, I bring my own.
Speaker 7: But one time I ran out of shampoo and I did use it and the pump wasn't coming out and I tried to open it and it doesn't open.
Speaker 2: So I think those you can use.
Speaker 7: Because yeah, yeah, so I didn't realize people lock the people lock them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, how much of a heart attack would you have if you washed your hair in the air.
Speaker 1: I've left most of my hair in a holiday and dream over the years. So now I get it. Now I get it.
Speaker 2: Did anyone notice in Suki's kitchen there was like a snowman in the corner. That kitchen was so filled with so many food, delicious food.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember her being in this episode.
Speaker 2: It was fun sne she was so groudchy she was in two because she's in this one, and then later she was horrified by the coffee.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I remember that scene. I I she was my spirit animal in that scene because it was like put it down. Gross, She's like, you're discussed, yeah right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then we go to the dorm and Paris is on the phone with Sea Spam, which, even though Paris is being cuckoo, I was like the fact that she's trying to get through the Sea Spam, she's always up. And then Christopher showed up, just un poor Christopher totally unhid.
Speaker 7: Painful scene and like, also, Rory's not going to ditch class, like out of all people to ditch, she could have been nicer, but like yeah, yeah, like she could have been nicer for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go to let's let's ditch a couple of Yale classes to go have breakfast with my underachiever, distant father. Right, let's do that.
Speaker 4: I can appreciate him like trying to make an effort. But then but then I just like took it right back because he was just making it all about himself. Like I wish he just kind of was like, I miss you. I recognize this disconnect between us, and I want to fix it. Like I wish he just went that way instead of being like my dad is sick and like I'm not friends with him, so I want to be friends with you, and you know, like all the all these things, he was just making it about himself versus like like being genuine, authentic to his daughters.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: Likedation, right, Yeah, I don't know. I just kind of like I liked that he showed up, and then I immediately took it back within like ten seconds because I was just like, this guy is just ugh, he's really and I'm a Christopher fan and this the season is just not doing it on any fever.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's just trying to make things right. But I'm a Christopher fan too, so I might see him with rose colored glasses because people really hate him, and I'm like, hmm, I think he's trying to make it right. It's trying to sort it out, maybe in the wrong way.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think he knows something about Christopher standing in the doorway that makes me want to punch him.
Speaker 4: Just in general, like this season, whenever he pops up on screen, I'm just like, bop, Yeah, this season.
Speaker 2: God, do you hate Christopher? How do you feel about Christopher?
Speaker 1: Just a, I don't know, he's just kind of spineless character written.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's spineless.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 1: Spineless character. What can you what can you say? He's deficient in so many ways, just a kid a privilege who just sort of threw it all away, you know, made a mistake, didn't I guess he wanted to take responsibility, but I don't know. Uh, you just but the story needs somebody like that, This this dynamic needs a CHRISTI yeah better and that Laurel I can look better.
Speaker 2: Right, and someone that Laurela is so drawn to.
Speaker 1: I mean, many people who have people in their lives that they know are just sort of like, you know, that's if I get on that ship. It's the Titanic, we're going down. But I still can't stop myself from getting on that ship.
Speaker 2: When and when we get to it, don't let me forget to make I have like an idea on the whole them going to Christopher's house, but we'll get to that. So then we go back to the inn and Laurel i' is on the phone. I think maybe about the cancelation stuff, but what stood out to me is she looks real good and brown that brown short sleeves turtle neck sweater. I've literally been on the Internet googling neck, short sleeved sweaters and it's not easy there, it's not easy. So and she was wearing brown, brown, brown pants.
Speaker 3: Brown anyway, it's back in, back in style, a lot of browns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna have to go for that. And then Michelle is stuffed shoveling and we find out Michelle has a date. But I sort of just wasn't that wasn't my favorite parts.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was because I was still like I can't hear. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I spent a lot of time in the end. The sound wasn't great, so it was like.
Speaker 2: Gold farbs are missing, and I'm like, they're missing. They went They're a wall, they went cross coundersing. I don't know. It wasn't It was all fine, but it wasn't my favorite parts.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, it was like filler scenes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the leftover coffee and it was funny when she said I'm ashamed of you. That was fine, but like that was where I was just like, isn't Luke's literally right there? Like you don't need to eat backashed or drink back Yeah.
Speaker 5: If anyone's gonna find Laura coffee, it's going.
Speaker 1: To be Laura, Like it's right, right, sends Caesar over with some like a bunch of coffees, and.
Speaker 2: Isn't her house like four steps away? Also, yeah, it's like that was a little bit like really, the Emily and Richard stuff to me in this episode is a ten out of ten. I love.
Speaker 1: Let's throw a flag. Let's thrown flags on the play throw it. I just threw it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay throw You mean about the coffee? Yeah, about the coffee. Yeah, it's like Emily Richard's stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh well, So I do have one thing I wanted to mention, and I forgot to just rewind a scene before this when we're talking when Christopher is at Yale and he gives he gives Rory coffee and he goes, I don't know how you like her coffee, but here you go and just throws like all the sugar and stuffy her and I'm like, I don't know. I just found that very purposeful because Laurla knows how Rory wants likes her coffee, you know, like, but her dad doesn't like. I felt like that was like purposely inserted there to like show that know much about it doesn't.
Speaker 2: I don't totally think I know how my boyfriend takes his coffee. You know how your husband takes his coffe?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, four shot iced Americano, Oh wow, on fat milk.
Speaker 2: We don't really drink coffee. So maybe that's why, Scott. Do you know how your wife takes her coffee.
Speaker 1: She doesn't drink a lot of coffee. She's a tea drinker.
Speaker 2: Same. I think that's the thing if you're not, but.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, but it's something that's so important to Rory, Like she drinks coffee, that's for her.
Speaker 1: She takes her coffee when she does drink it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you've been married for like one hundred years too, so okay.
Speaker 1: Sorry, best years of my life.
Speaker 2: And I knew that we're oyay, so we knew Christopher was gonna be outside that class. So it was like that that was where the coffee scene was. So Danielle, you actually weren't reversing. We hadn't quite Okay, So you're fine, That's what I'm here for. So I also thought Yale looked fake. I know I never think Yale looks fake, but in that scene, I thought Yale looked a little fake. To me, I was like, and I don't mean to be nitpicky. I just whatever.
Speaker 1: We're throwing a lot of flags on this, but it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Mean I don't love it. It's just that's our job. We're just here to sort of like pretigue. What I will say is that Emily and Richard to me, were the best part of this whole episode. I agree, And then I definitely want to dig into the Luke Loralai Christopher. So we do go now to the reenactors and Miss Patty and Taylor are judging the ladies, which was probably totally inappropriate but also kind of hilarious. And Kirk was just pushing Lulu for the win.
Speaker 1: In a stage boyfriend.
Speaker 2: That was that. That was just funny.
Speaker 4: And we have Taylor back, that's important to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah right, so yeah, so that was all good. And then Laura Taylor really wants Laura to be the townhorror, but she's respectfully passing and then she stepped in the puddle, and you know, she gets back to the diner and I think this is where she burned her mouth off.
Speaker 4: I can't remember, Yeah, yeah it is. The cuffee is too hot, and then Kirk runs in.
Speaker 1: By the way, what is really that's a lawsuit against Luke Steyner and they shut it down.
Speaker 2: Do you get around that?
Speaker 5: When?
Speaker 2: So you know when they come over the plates very hot, plate's very hot? Does that cover them?
Speaker 3: Probably because they're telling you.
Speaker 2: They're telling you plate's very hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah hot plates.
Speaker 3: If you touch it, it's your own fault.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, And they always don't put it on the table the right way. You're like getting you.
Speaker 1: Fall into your lap, burn your mouth, burn your hands, whatever.
Speaker 2: The two most dangerous things but hetas that's hot.
Speaker 4: That is a facial at the same time.
Speaker 2: And the other one I love is a cookie skillet. Do you guys ever have a cookie skill?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I will gladly get burned for a cookie Skalet.
Speaker 2: Is where I'm like, I'll throw I'll throw germ spears out the window like everybody did it with their spoons.
Speaker 5: Just it.
Speaker 1: Just one place we used to go to served to apple crumble dessert and a skillet, hot skillet every time. I'd always grab it. Right, you just hold a glass of ice water and eat it.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the pazuki too, Scott.
Speaker 5: Have you ever had.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my god, you gotta get your kid a pazuki? Have you guys ever do you guys ever go to BJ's Pizza.
Speaker 4: I used to do that for my birthday, Like I would say ages like ten through twenty. Like I love the Pazuki.
Speaker 2: Remember when we all went to Vegas last year, it was like it was like a Pazuki Paloosa. It was some sort of specials on BJ's.
Speaker 4: Please we talk about you every day Jay's.
Speaker 7: Pizza for three days in Vegas.
Speaker 3: It's all over there.
Speaker 2: I ate a lot of Kazukies, just saying, all right, what did we think about the fact. So let's debate a little bit. One thing is why didn't Rory tell Lorli that Christopher came by? Like I'm not one hundred percent clear on why she didn't do that.
Speaker 3: This is my main problem.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, Oh okay, So I think because Christopher told Rory that his dad was sick, and if she told Lauraai that Laurai would then go to Christopher.
Speaker 5: That's my theory.
Speaker 3: But okay, I was just gonna say that.
Speaker 7: This is my problem with the show is that both Rory and Laurai just keep hiding things from each other or other people. And I don't understand because like they know it's wrong, Like you know, Laura I is thinking I should tell Luke this, or Rory saying I should admit that I knew that her grandfather died, but they just don't. And I'm like, it just that's the only part of the show that really bugs me. Yeah, it's like, just just say it. It would be so much better if you just said it. I understand it's the show, but so let.
Speaker 2: Me throw something out to you guys. And we're skipping a little bit of detail, which we'll get back to, but let's let's debate it. Why didn't she just say to Luke Rory's other grandfather died. She doesn't have to say Christopher's father because that might trigger Luke a little bit, right, and she knows that. I think she's trying to be sensitive to his feelings. Why didn't she just say we have a family situation, Rory's other grandfather died, because then Luke would have been like, oh my god, what do you need?
Speaker 1: How can I no drama in that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: They want to create conflicts. So creating conflict is.
Speaker 4: Luke even triggered by Christopher.
Speaker 2: A little bit? He was a little bit in that other episode, but he's I mean, I don't think he was triggered at Christopher.
Speaker 4: I think he was triggered at Laurela hiding.
Speaker 5: Something from him.
Speaker 4: So like, I think even if Laura I said something like, oh, you know Christopher's dad, you know, Ory's grandfather passed away, I don't think he would be I think he would be like, go, you know, like make sure everything's okay, okay, not that thing is No.
Speaker 2: I love Luke, right, I love Luke, but he can't be triggered by it because I think when you go into a relationship with a woman who has a child, child, you have to be like, I accept that this child has a father that obviously she was in a relationship with good, bad, ugly whatever you just have.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but is sharing with you, you know, the weaker characteristics of her ex. You know, you get sucked in and then when that's really true stuff hits the fan. You're more compelled to intervene and act in a certain way. And that's if you don't, you're going to get accused of being you know, like why didn't you have my back there? It's a very precarious situation to be in, you know, and she shares a lot of stuff with Luke, right.
Speaker 2: I mean he does and he knows. Right. You make a great point there. I think if Luke wants to be happy, he just has to sort of be very accepting and tolerant of this past that she has. I think we'll get to it. But it's interesting he knew she was lying, and I wonder if he believes when she's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh yeah, I look, he's really good at compartmentalizing his feelings. He's had so much practice watching her day to other guys. But you know, he's got a job to do every day and he does it. Mm hm.
Speaker 2: So good point.
Speaker 1: And so I think now that he's in the relationship and he's comfortable, you know, this is just you know, more rules rules for the road. He's just like, yeah, he already knows how to how to be and survive with this woman. He ye knows the road map already.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's really true. So let's go back a little bit. So he comes over, she's she's very mad at the snow, and the snow's all over the car, and she's in her pink coat, which I didn't love the black scarf with the pink coat.
Speaker 1: But that was quite a rant that went on for it.
Speaker 2: Was a length tad lengthy, right, it was a little bit length length. It wasn't my favorite part of this episode. And again I don't mean to like criticize this episode. What I thought was interesting too. I've only seen this episode one, maybe two other times. This isn't what I've seen like seven times. But anyway, he's there helping. You know, that was sort of not my favorite scene. I don't know what you guys think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to get back to Richard and Emily again, which I agree.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 2: The Friday night dinner was so sorry, sorry Scott. Cleaning the car was not my favorite wonderful cleaning, but I just want to.
Speaker 1: Get back to He wasn't complaining.
Speaker 2: She was totally right.
Speaker 1: It was like a role reversal that didn't really land. Well I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. What did land was Friday night dinner, Richard's being so sweet to Emily. Lore lyon Rory were firing on all cylinders, like the bit about like pretending mom's not there, she's a witch with a bee like it was just the whole thing was great.
Speaker 1: She went with her mother in the room, so I called her up.
Speaker 2: It was so funny, but she's just be funny about it. And then we learned the news of Strobe. Now here's my one thing. Rory only met Strobe one time? Yeah, that's that is not possible because we we were there when they met, which is weird.
Speaker 3: I mean they definitely mentioned that when she was a kid. She's she met him, right, No, she.
Speaker 2: Says, I I only I think she I tried to write it down. We might need to pull it. I don't know if anyone listening can pull the exact line, but she literally when she's talking to Lorelai on the phone, I think when she's leaving the house and she says something like I only met him once, and I was just like what somebody if they could pull the exact quote, because I'm like, is so weird and doesn't even track.
Speaker 1: Why? How what other situation?
Speaker 2: Because she went, I mean he look down the road, like I get it, and they weren't around, but like it seems like they should have met the.
Speaker 1: Family thing, Laura, I wasn't even connected to her own family. Why would you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 7: Like Emily and Richard throw so many parties, like they never came around once as a kid.
Speaker 2: I mean, right, she said she only met him until Rory wanted to go to Chilt.
Speaker 1: I guess the show's m I mean, the good point.
Speaker 3: We're just so into the details of it.
Speaker 2: I'm just so like, that's so weird. What I did love is that they're all talking about sending the flowers, and Emily's like, I already signed your name to the flower. I was just like, oh, thank god, these two are getting back together. Thank god. Okay, while we keep talking because we're running out of time. Oh wait, there it is the one time. Oh thank you, wow, Jackie. So Laurai says, yeah, I know he needed devent, you know. And we alternated between feeling bad about his dad and not liking him so much pretty much being life. So that's what Laura I says, And then Rory says, and I quote, well, the one time I met Strove, he did seem a little bitter and we all were there for that. Remember it was like when the big yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, if she's hardly hanging out with her dad, what makes this thing she's hanging out with her grandfather.
Speaker 3: That's a goot.
Speaker 2: Am So okay, here's my questions for y'all. Did Rory do the right thing by going over there? And did Laura I do the right thing by going over there? Yes?
Speaker 7: To Ror, I think she needed to, especially after the way she spoke to her dad at not Children Yale. I think Laura I should have gone with her. I don't think they should have like taken turns. I feel like they should have just gone together.
Speaker 5: They didn't know, they didn't know.
Speaker 7: True, but no, I know she didn't know, But I feel like they should have just gone together and be a family for a moment.
Speaker 2: Right to Tara's point, Right, why did they keep not telling each other things like why didn't Rory just seem to go over there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or even just like I have no problem with Laura showing up and be like, here's a gift whatever, Tuila, call it a day, have a drink and GTFO. You know, like you don't need to like be there till sunrise.
Speaker 2: You know, guys think it was weird that she stayed there all night? Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes?
Speaker 2: Do you feel nervous about that?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah yeah. Luke not liking at it at all?
Speaker 4: No, Lucky, no, no, no, no, It's just a tale as old as time, like, can we get a new tail?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? Like, I'm just kind of over it.
Speaker 1: You know they are milk in that cow well beyond Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm still I'm still joining. Yeah, I I I'm enjoying the milk. I'm just going to say. It's like I get it, and it's not. It's questioning. So you know the one thing that is, but.
Speaker 1: Your lead character who's carrying the show is going back into that situation again, and that's is that a misstep? Throwing a flag? Story wise?
Speaker 2: You three are I'm not. The one thing I thought was interesting though, is immediately.
Speaker 4: Wait, hold on, I have a question. I have a question for you, Amy. So, with all this being said and how you still want the milk? Are you team Luke or are you team crystalher.
Speaker 1: Amy? I'm advising you to have a lawyer present. This is getting.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I can answer that. Okay, I am always team Luke always.
Speaker 1: It's not a team. Well okay, first of all, can I just dispel this team thing? What's this team?
Speaker 10: It's just something the media did, Okay, I'm into it. You cannot be categorized as being a member of any team. Okay, because you're grouping Rory's boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Are you team Dean Jess?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she's asking me, am I team Luke or team christ It's.
Speaker 1: Not even a question. What what team are you? What are you talking about? A team?
Speaker 2: Do we support Luke and Lay?
Speaker 4: And then there's okay if you if you, I know, Scott's very confused.
Speaker 1: If you had to pay, I think you're confused. No, manipulated by a medium machine.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, let.
Speaker 1: Me millions of being poured into it.
Speaker 4: Let me rephrase the question.
Speaker 1: Then click, so they go. A team is a team Luke or a team D And it's not a team okay, team you know Jimmy Carter or your team Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 4: I mean, okay, all right, here's the question rephrased. Give it to me endgame for LAURALI do you see endgame with Luke or do you see endgame with Christopher?
Speaker 2: Well, obviously Luke, but that being said, okay, let me give it to you.
Speaker 5: And I just don't know how you can like have give.
Speaker 2: It to you. Everyone can understand. Everyone listening is going to understand Team eight in her team big like I go back and forth endgame, I can argue I did want her team Big until Big do.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's let's use game bar terminology.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you team Lorelei or you team you know Nicole?
Speaker 4: Well, it's I mean, that's not even a question.
Speaker 3: We all hated Nicole.
Speaker 1: Very much by putting her on a in a category, in a box where she's when it's so obvious what the choice is.
Speaker 2: Okay, hang on, hang on your honor that on, I respect it.
Speaker 1: Hang on. I'm trying to draw a comparison here. So why are you putting Luke in a box with a male version of Nicole, if not worse, and then splitting the audience up there between are you team I mean?
Speaker 2: Okay, you are making an amazingly good argument that I'm going to say no one has ever actually made. That's being said. There's something intriguing to me about Christopher and Laura l I that I did not find intriguing about Nicole.
Speaker 1: What do you want for Luke?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: I think that Luke never had a love interest that was serious enough.
Speaker 1: Requestion, is a love interest that's serious?
Speaker 5: I they have a baby, I do.
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean it's a serious love interest. It means, now you know, somebody got her not off in whoops, but there's history.
Speaker 2: I think there is such a deep connection there. I still think Luke is better obviously, And also, Okay.
Speaker 4: I do I do understand, Like I got to give it to you, Scott, I do understand what you're saying, Scott, I actually do understand.
Speaker 2: Making probably the best argument I've ever.
Speaker 1: Had to defend Luke nobody is I'm stepping into the role. I have the character in the minds of the fans, right in their consciousness, because I feel a responsibility of the character because I don't think there's a comparison at all, and I don't understand the poll that she has to this guy.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there that could explain to me maybe why I like Christopher? Is it something? Because maybe it's a bad side of me. Do you know what I'm saying, Like why do I like Jerks?
Speaker 1: Here's what Amy and Dan did. They created what a lot of fans perceive to be as the perfect man. Okay, Okay, So if you read fan reaction over the years, it's Luke Luke Luke. He's the ideal guy. He suffers in silence. It's not about him he's a throwback character. He loves her, he serves her. If it doesn't work out, he's still going to be a great friend to her. That's sort of a fantasy situation, that's an ideal situation. And then juxtapos this against Christopher, the polar opposite, and then somehow let's rate them. And I'm not taking away anything David Sutcliffe did for that character, because no, no, no.
Speaker 2: He plays it so well. He's not really good.
Speaker 1: And it's a difficult role and a thank role obviously, you know, judging by the tone of this conversation.
Speaker 2: Well, and and the fans they hate him, and I just don't hate him, Danielle Tard, You guys hate him.
Speaker 4: I don't hate him. I do, weirdly, I do, weirdly have some kind of sympathy for him, but I don't like him anywhere near Lorelei. I don't like him as like if I'm separating him and just like oh Christopher, I'm like, I do feel kind of bad for the guy, but in his general contact, with his history with Lorelei and Rory, I'm just kind of like, dude, you're kind of a coward. That's that's how I see him.
Speaker 2: Would you be happier if he was just gone and never was, like not even a character or gone away now, like we know your tool go.
Speaker 1: I think he's always going to be a useful tool in this uh, in this piece, in this drama, because every time he returns, he triggers the you know what out of the audience. Yeah, and he forces the characters to act in ways they wouldn't normally behaving, which I think is a plus.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: There, you throw a fly in the ointment. It's interesting to watch, right.
Speaker 2: Very I think. I also there's something about the fact that Richard and Emily adore him. It's like, oh, that's intriguing to me. I think I'm attracted to him. If I'm going to be truthful, I think he's super cute.
Speaker 1: Listen, I think I think something just dawned on me how much I love this character Luke, how much I love playing him, and how proud I am of portraying him. And yes, I'm a little defensive, I think today, and I apologize that to aggressive, but you know, I put a lot into that and I take great pride in it, and I don't want Luke to be reduced or categorized in that way. It's it feels wrong and it feels bad.
Speaker 2: The reason I like it is you're sort of holding me too. Why do I like Christopher? And I'm admitting I don't totally have an answer. I just know I do like him. That's why I'm saying, like.
Speaker 1: That's the way they got an actor like David sucklif.
Speaker 2: Because he's because I also think he's so handsome Tid it's hard him. I wasn't like as into Max or or Digger, Like I wasn't like, oh hot for them, whereas.
Speaker 3: They were like there for the season.
Speaker 2: Christopher, I'm like, he's kind of a cutie. They have this connection. I love their ping ponging they do when they're talking. I don't know, maybe it's like he's familiar, They've got this history. I'm not saying I like him more than Luke, of course not. But I'm not ready to just like kick him out the I also think.
Speaker 7: Amy it's because we keep bringing him back, so you're kind of like stuck seeing him again too. Like with Max and Digger, like they just go away and yeah, there's not even a conversation around them, which you're probably attracted to. Him in that sense, because you know he's coming back one way or another. He's in he's Rory's dad.
Speaker 2: Right before we go, we have a couple more important things. First, we've got the reenactors, which was pretty funny. Amusing is the girl? It's amused. That was great. We we we get to see Richard and Emily again and the dog is gone, you know, but you see I'm really feeling them, and then we need to talk about it. The ice rink, like, oh my god, she's lying to him and he's building her an ice.
Speaker 1: Rin this perfect guy.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just he's just don't it's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what did you feel? Were you more mad about her lying?
Speaker 1: No? I think it's great drama. I think it's really great writing. I think, yeah, you really set the audience up for to feel something very deeply, and I think that's the art of what they do. So well, you see the ice drink, you see what he did, and you know that they haven't been fourth totally forthcoming with him, and there could be some bad you know, another shoe to drop. We don't know, if you know, Laura l and Christopher slept together and that's the next lie that's going to be uncovered.
Speaker 11: Right, I don't think that happened, but I well, I mean I don't know, no, no, no, but I think that's hanging out there. It's like the you know, the fact that you went there as Scott Patterson makes me think Luke is gonna think the same thing.
Speaker 4: Well, she's even lying about her headache. You know, she felt the worst hangover she's ever felt in her entire life, and she's telling Luke, Oh, it was just a little headache.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like she's just down playing everything. And I don't know, watching that ice drink scene in particular, I was just like, why is she self sabotaging herself?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm like, she here, she has this guy that's shoveling snow off his car and building her an ice drink to make her you know, association with snow happier after a series of unfortunate events, and she's just like skating on the ice as if nothing happened.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's just like she's attracted. She still likes jerks, you know how every girl kind of goes through that, like we all like the wrong guy until we finally get it right.
Speaker 4: But she likes Luke, so it's just like, why is she going backwards?
Speaker 1: You know, like you know Danielle. It's an interested amy. That's an interesting point. Maybe on a certain level, Luke really bores Larela because he's so predictable in her entire day.
Speaker 2: I think she has not ready yet completely. It's not ready. She's not ready for the perfect guy, like we all are. I dated a bunch of dumb dumbs until I was older and ready for the right guy.
Speaker 1: How can she don't know ready? At what point is she going to be ready? She's thirty six now about age seven.
Speaker 2: Age is just a number, like you just got to get to that point. I don't think I got there till my first corpses.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's just a number.
Speaker 2: I don't think I got there till my forty. I liked a lot of bad ones. I don't know. Danielle was ahead of me. She got it right, Yeah, young.
Speaker 4: I mailed the perfect guy at twenty two. Oh my god, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: But prior to that, college was a show. So don't give you that.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that's the thing I think. I think. What's interesting about it is. Life is messy. There are a lot of situations in the real world where people have children out of wedlock, or they have children and they're very young, and it really complicates their entire lives. You know. Sometimes it's a little worse than others. Sometimes it can be really good and they're getting along and everything's great and everybody's getting along. But you know, obviously this situation where there's a complications. So it's it's it's it's true life. You know, it's it's believable, it's you know, just what it is. Everybody's got to deal with it. So there we are on the show. We're dealing with it.
Speaker 2: I thought of a new thing before we go, a new bit, a new thing. I don't know what to call it. When we do favorite lines, I also want to do high low, your favorite part of the episode and the one weeklanth I like that, so okay, Like my favorite part of this episode is everything with Richard and Emily just that was really my favorite. And I would say my low was that I couldn't hear Michelle and Suki was just sort.
Speaker 4: Of like is it bad for me to say exactly the same Like all the Richard and Emily specific the dog stuff was just so funny, like Emily even saying like it moved, is that normal? Like just like all I had like ten favorite lines from just Richard and Emily.
Speaker 5: I'm just like that was so funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What was your weak part?
Speaker 5: I mean the week part.
Speaker 4: I would agree with you with Michelle and Suki because it didn't do anything for me, Like, there's nothing, It didn't make an impact on me at all.
Speaker 7: Tura, I was gonna say the same thing, like those scenes with Suki and Michelle, like I kind of forgot about them until I saw them on our notes sheet, like our sheet of notes.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it wasn't very memorable.
Speaker 2: What was your favorite?
Speaker 3: The dog stuff has to be Emily and Richard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, I think the high For me, it was kind of a tie between the Richard and Emily stuff. Uh. And there was a scene where Luke came in from the cold and he didn't and Laura l I lied to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just came in And I really love that kissed her.
Speaker 1: I love those scenes because you just because the audience knows and they know more than the character does, and I think that's very powerful. It's very important that the audience participate in these emotions, right, and that's the writing. Again, got to compliment the writing because now you're leaning forward and you're like, oh, is she going to tell him? What's he going to react like once he finds out? But he doesn't know she's not saying anything. So creating that kind of tension, I think is it's in that way is brilliant. So that was a high point for me. In the Richard Emily stuff too as well, with all that anticipation and you're participating and all that because you're actively wanting them to get back together. Low point for me has to be seeing Kirk and makeup. Sorry, yeah, no, no, thanks no.
Speaker 2: So what do we rate it? What does everybody rate it?
Speaker 1: Well, that's a good question, Tara, What do you think.
Speaker 3: My measuring stick is milk and cookies? Good?
Speaker 7: And I'm going to give it an eight because the lying just really bugged me. That was really like my downfall this episode was just like are we lying? I Mean, I understand for you know, drama of the show, but I'm just like, you're digging yourself in this into this bigger hole by just constantly lying.
Speaker 3: So that's why I give it an eight.
Speaker 4: I'll give it nine out of ten, Princess Dogs.
Speaker 2: Eight, fire Pokers.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give it seven point eighty five spineless fathers mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Also, I just said I should have said nine out of ten Team Luke's because I'm team.
Speaker 1: There's no team.
Speaker 5: I'm saying is there's.
Speaker 2: No Luke and team.
Speaker 10: There's no damn right, there isn't.
Speaker 1: It is funny, all righty? Okay? So from now, if you're going to ask that question, are your team, look at team Chris of you have to ask first team Nicole.
Speaker 4: But I didn't even say there was another team. I'm just saying I'm always team. Look, there's no one else. There's no other team.
Speaker 2: Good discussion.
Speaker 1: He's in a league of his own. There are no other teams in that league. Episode what's the next episode? Season five, episode twelve, come Home? That is going to wrap it up here. Thank you everybody, best fans on the planet. Keep those cards and letters coming and all of those very impactful positive and there's a drip of negative, but we learn from it, we take it in. We don't internalize it too much because we get to get together every week and do this show. And that's the joy for us. Anyway, all the best and always remember I am all In. We will see you next time.
Speaker 9: Stay safe, hey.
Speaker 1: Everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com. Oh you're Gilmore fans. If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the world, go to my website from my company, Scottip dot com, s C O T T y P dot com, Scottip dot com Grade one Specialty Coffee