Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Matt is on the phone today for a first date follow up and he's getting ghosted by somebody named Bria. So in a minute, we're gonna call her and see if she tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date first Matt, how long has it beens as you her from Bria?
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, you know it's been It's been about a week now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I gotta be honest. It is the first time I've ever been ghost since. I'm not really sure if it's a long time or not ever.
Speaker 5: Wow, congratulations, than I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: I try to be selective of the idea.
Speaker 2: A week is a long time if you all with somebody, Usually if they like you, you know, maybe a couple of days go by where they don't text you, but they get back to you. Have you tried reaching out?
Speaker 4: I'm headiting about it, just because.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be like a single you know, thoughtful thing like not exactly a grand gesture. I don't want to be like a doork about it, but I do want to make sure that it is memorable, want to make it, you know.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm calling it is because I want you guys to help me out with this. I really don't know what I'm doing. This is totally new territory for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you want to get her attention with something more of a hey, how you do in text?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 3: I want to be much more of a because she is dating with intention and I want to make sure that I am someone who's you know, intention is worthwhile.
Speaker 5: That's cute a picture.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, how did you meet Bria Matt How did you meet her?
Speaker 5: And how is the date?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We so we met on Hinge and we were talking, you know, back and forth for a little bit and making sure that you know, we we really you know.
Speaker 4: Had a feel for one another.
Speaker 3: I saw on Hine her photos where she was hiking, and that showed me that she's equally active and she appreciates nature, and that's that's all me. I love that we went to a rooftop for drinks, you know, right sunset, so he's going to have very very beautiful views. And indeed we got sure that that was great. Uh and it was really romantic. There were plants.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: It seemed kind of an intimate setting. And then so I'm glad we were there because we started just acting like we were on vacation, you know, so we made up stories for ourselves. We were looking around us at the different couples of different people, making up.
Speaker 4: Stories for them.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of fun, it was, and and she was a lot of fun. One of the things that I really appreciate is just how she beams with everything, you know, just big smile, laughing, contagious laughter.
Speaker 4: At that point, we started out, you know, what we want and goals and.
Speaker 3: What our passions are, what drives us, and.
Speaker 4: It seemed it really really seemed to fit.
Speaker 3: And this is why I'm concerned about the ghost thing, because you know, I hope she's all right. I hope that I didn't come across too strong.
Speaker 4: You know. We ended the day with a hug, like a nice tight hug.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 3: It seemed promising, and so I want to make sure that everything is kind of how I thought it.
Speaker 4: Was in my head. And I don't know, maybe I messed up. I hope I didn't.
Speaker 5: Well, it sounds like it went really great for the most part. Is there anything that happened that could be why.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I'm competitive, I'm maybe overally competitive.
Speaker 4: And I asked her if she.
Speaker 3: Was seeing other people, uh, you know, just because she said she was dating with intention, but.
Speaker 4: I don't want to know kind of how that went. And yeah, she did say that she was kind of dating.
Speaker 3: It didn't sound like there was anything serious going on. But maybe I just came across as too intense with how.
Speaker 5: I asked, how did you ask?
Speaker 2: Did you reached across the table and grab her hand and stare Deevid Durryan said, are you seeing anybody else?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: I might like it.
Speaker 4: I can't quite remember.
Speaker 3: So maybe I was in a bit of an altered state of mind.
Speaker 4: Maybe the drection was going that evening.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, that might have contributed to it, Honor, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: All Right, Well, man, Matt, we'll see if we can figure it out for you. We'll play a song, come back, and then call her and try to get you another date and find out where you're gettinghosted.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you guys, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll play a song, come back, get your first day, follow up next. If you're just joining us for today's first Day follow up. Matt is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Bria. So we're about to call her and see if show tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Matt, why don't you catch us up on your situation?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bri and I went on a date, and you know, beforehand and met on Hinge. I was very tried to all of her photos. We met up, it seems like it was going really great. We had a lot of fun just making up stories about ourselves when it came to this fun little gamer we're playing. But I feel like I really got to know her. I was very very attractive to her, and she was basically like just just sunshine, and so I want to know.
Speaker 4: What happened it.
Speaker 2: Okay, And you think that the reason she might not be calling you back is because you asked if she was dating other people?
Speaker 3: Maybe I honestly don't know, and I'm looking for you guys to help me out with this.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well here we go. You ready to call her?
Speaker 4: Please? Let's do what's up him?
Speaker 5: I speak Tobria. Please, This is hey Bria. How are you?
Speaker 2: My name is Jubel and I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jewbil Show. Hi, Bria, I'm Nina also on the show.
Speaker 5: Hi, and I'm Victoria. Oh Hi, there's a lot of people here there is How are you.
Speaker 6: I I'm okay. How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good? Thank you for asking. Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 6: I have?
Speaker 2: Well, we're calling because we do a segment on the show called the First Date follow Up, where if you go out on a date with somebody and then you ghost them, they can email us to call you and ask why you're ghosting them.
Speaker 6: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: So we got an email about you from somebody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, who are you ghost? Well, I'm guessing is this Matt?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is so. Matt emailed us and we talked to him a little bit about your date. He really liked.
Speaker 5: You, and he is wondering why you're not calling him back.
Speaker 6: I mean, it feels kind of weird to say, but I just think he's too pretty.
Speaker 5: You think he's too pretty?
Speaker 6: I think, yeah, I think I think he's too pretty. And I think he knows he's he's a he's a handsome lad. And that is a little bit of a turn off for me?
Speaker 5: Was it confidence or arrogance?
Speaker 6: Well, so, like it started off, he just kind of seemed to talk a lot about himself, and he seemed to just always be catching his reflection in a mirror or a window, just like seems very taken with it. And he also was kind of talking about his Internet presence and how many followers he has, and just like I repeated that a few times, and I just kind of felt like I wasn't really being paid attention. You know, it's a first date, so I expected some questions about me, and he just kind of seemed to be talking about how fit he is and like how he's going to start off fitness page. You know, like I know that he we talked about hiking and like being outdoors and being fit, and like I'm definitely about that, but like I'm also a person, and I felt that, yeah, we got to talk about things bigger than internet presence.
Speaker 1: It sounds like he was trying to impress you. Oh, isn't it Like he showed up with all of his toys and was like, look at this is what I have.
Speaker 5: Do you like him?
Speaker 6: I could see that. I could see that, and you know, I was trying to ask him about things that he was interested in, but I kind of expected him to ask me about some stuff. That's you got to make a connection on your date, and I feel like you actually have to, you know, like ask questions and sort of be interested.
Speaker 4: Okay, can I ask your questions? So? Wait? Wait, what was that?
Speaker 5: That's Matt. Matt is actually on the other line listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I thought it was just you guys.
Speaker 5: Matt's here too, Yeah, and I guess he has a question.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask, did you have a fun time on our date?
Speaker 5: Otherwise valid, that's a question about you.
Speaker 6: But it was a question about us, So I'm gonna say fifty to fifty. We I mean, we did have fun, Like it was fun pretending like we were on vacation and coming up with all kinds of stories for the people around us. But you know, it was a date where I was trying to get to know you, and I thought you would be trying to get to know me. So anytime I felt like I brought up, you know, bigger topics, you know, I thought it you just kind of always steered it back to you. So I'm looking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're there are a couple of I hope they don't come across as just excuses here. First off, I kind of had maybe a couple shots before the date to call my nerves because I was definitely really getting.
Speaker 4: Looking forward to to getting to know you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, of course he did.
Speaker 3: And I feel like I honestly, I do genuinely, I feel like I I you know, I feel like I did actually get to know you. You know, like you're You're a great listener, and I mean the work you do the animals is brilliant.
Speaker 6: What I don't work with animals, I'm really sure what that is.
Speaker 3: I might have had way too much. I had two shots that might have quadruplets. I genuinely though, I, I mean, I really appreciated her energy, and I think that she was She's just sunshine. She's just sunshine and human form, and I understand that. I, yeah, totally totally overly concerned about my looks and everything, and that shouldn't be something that I'm worrying about.
Speaker 4: On first date.
Speaker 3: With my business, I kind of have to be on all times and I should have unblinded. That was one of the reasons I had those shots as well, but humbly I would love a second date.
Speaker 6: Can you could you just tell me what color my eyes are?
Speaker 4: You have beautiful green eyes, Well they're blue.
Speaker 5: Would you like to go on a first date with another shot?
Speaker 6: I know? Were we were? We? What this? Did this happen?
Speaker 3: Sounds like we need another first date for sure. I need to remember it this time.
Speaker 6: Well, if you can promise that, you know, maybe we do an afternoon thing, maybe we have some coffee and we if we talk about some things a little bit bigger than internet presence, I think maybe I can.
Speaker 4: I can agree to that.
Speaker 3: Though you said a drive a hard bargain, but those are agreeable terms.
Speaker 4: You're gonna go, Bria.
Speaker 3: I am so sorry that. Clearly I was in a different place.
Speaker 4: In my mind that I was not listening to.
Speaker 3: A single where you said, and I really appreciate. Yeah, you know what this this next one, I'm going to listen to everything.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let you do the talking. Let's let's go with that.
Speaker 5: Well, I do.
Speaker 6: I do like a person who can own their mistakes. And you know we're not always going to be perfect every time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, cool, Well, congratulations, Matt, You've got a date with Bria.
Speaker 4: Impressed with the real eyes Juble's first date.
Speaker 2: The follow up