Speaker 1: Well, I want to thank you for coming on here. One. I know Thomas Value, I know you doing a thousand things these days, dope that have you on him?
Speaker 2: Man, thanks for having no no doubt.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you right off the top man hip hop turning fifty Man, that's crazy man. I know I know you from Loan Beast growing up. Yeah, I know you grew up around music. Could you talk a little bit about just show early you know, relationship with hip hop and coming into it and you know with R and B and what you grew up listening to and all that.
Speaker 3: Just being around the neighborhood and you know, back then the DJ was our connection to you know, learning about all of the underground music everything. So just being around the DJ world where you know, you had the world class record crew, you had the DJ crew together, oh early stereo crew okay, uh huh, and just being around that and listening to underground music and like artists like run dmc se Boys and even like Cool mo O D and the you know, uh Cool HERK and Busy Be and.
Speaker 2: Those types of guys.
Speaker 3: Just hearing all of that music, uh into to now being a guy who they kind of they say it's a legend in it and and uh it's it's it's incredible because I learned from all of them, and that's what made me who I am. And you know, it's got me to the status that I am now. Uh just being a part of the beginning uh parts of hip hop, even just listening to him and then being around being having a chance to hang with uh Easy and and and Dre and you know all of the the the vest iced T and Dove c and and you know all those guys from back in the day Coolio, all those guys.
Speaker 1: So I like to think that although G's that actually started when you when you guys are listening to the music that is coming out commercially, the rock this way Woul run them see and mixed it with rock, some of the hybrids, some of the things that kind of go away a little bit from hip hop. You know, you know, God's rapping on it, the battling, the one on ones and stuff like that. Was you guys hearing a lot of the commercial stuff that was octually coming from the East Coast. Was you guys hearing that trying to form a West Coast version of that or create your own version of that or was it just where it was going and what it felt like.
Speaker 3: It was just where it was going and what it felt like, and it just just inspired us to just do music, you know what I mean. But we did it in a in a you know, West Coast style, like our way, like more live instrumentation, even though it was a lot of live instrumentation coming from the East Coast. But we were heavenly inspired, you know, just being a just watching B Street for Crush Groove, you know, movies like that, even uh, the even the miseducation of uh what.
Speaker 2: Is the Sun? Uh Sunny Cars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even just you know that stuff was was like that was what was coming out of out of from New York and now.
Speaker 2: We loved that.
Speaker 3: We loved that and uh, you know, just those movies because it had a hip hop vibe to it, you know, and all of that stuff just inspired us, along with having the Dream Team and uh Arabian I'm not Arabian Prince, but uh, god damn it, I'm it's gonna Egyptian Lover, who was probably the majors pioneer from the West, was Egyptian Lover because he was dealing with the East Coast way before a lot of guys, a lot of the O g's from California was even out and then the l A Dream team.
Speaker 2: Uh Ice t.
Speaker 3: Those guys was was vets I was sitting the B Street.
Speaker 2: Was that was that ship?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 3: You know they showed the grimy ship where they was in the in the in the broken down buildings, setting up the party through the electricity. We wasn't doing that ship, I learned, you know that was that was dope.
Speaker 1: That's how they was doing it, pulling it in, bringing it from other stuff. Yeah, yeah, that was originals man. And two when I'm saying thinking about man like guys like Iced t w A, those early those early depictions of style, man started giving like the West Coast, like an edgy of style in the East coast. When you say y'all were still stormailing, but y'all was talking about what was going on the West coast.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Uh, gang Bang was at all time high, and uh the artist at that time was just you know, like n w A and Easy and everybody. They were just letting everybody know, this is this is what's going on here, and this is our version of this is all we can put out because this is what we're going through.
Speaker 2: It was really.
Speaker 3: Gang influenced, you know, with just along with police brutality.
Speaker 1: Did you did you see because you was in the early parts of the depiction of what West Coast music would be labeled ass But I remember I remember Rapp being very inspiring. I remember teachers questions used to be should be an uplifting of a of a sound? Yeah, then all of a sudden, I forgot about all that ship like you was around when talk a little bit about.
Speaker 2: That, I was in there.
Speaker 3: I was in the day I saw here that you know uha, teachers, uh Q Tip and five Dog them was my guys, even leaders of the new schools Rhymes we was bust Rhymes and them used to come to the West Coast and me and Snoop would go up to the La Mandrian name and Charlie Brown and all. Then we smoke them out, you know, yeah, you know, just showing the West Coast hospitality, no matter who it was, apache who had gangster big teeth in them, everybody when they came out here, we embraced them and just let them know how much we loved them because they inspired us, you know, So that that whole man, poor Rochester teachers. Uh tribe called quest Actually we got the Jazz is one of the records that inspired me as a as a as a hip hop producer, as an MC. You know, I ain't no heavy MC. I'm just a storyteller. I guess you could say, uh, but uh, all that stuff inspired me and just being in that era and then it turned into you know, uh one a seven on the motherfucking cap and and I mean that it was all it was still all all yeah around the same times because me and Snoop was listening to special Ed and uh second Shade of Red uh Redhead Campin.
Speaker 1: These are all classics, right here go look all these up. These are all classic classics, you feel me.
Speaker 3: But still like, like, like we was talking about earlier, what comes out of you is where you are, where you're at, you know, And we was in Long East, California at that time, on sixty first in London, hustling, you know, just trying to make some some bread and some young young teens just trying to make some bread, just caught up in the same old hoodship right the.
Speaker 1: One of the day, right, talk a little bit about the dre effect. Man, you know, Drake coming from m w A, all this knowledge, all this impact, he obviously set the wave almost like right, you know, doctor Dre don't really get enough credit to me. You know when you starting to established like style and started like implementing like how people do things. Obviously it comes from ice Ta, it comes from guys for them, and he was talking about.
Speaker 2: With them then Huh, dra Dre.
Speaker 3: I think produced uh had some something to do with the production of colors. I know he had. He was also a producer with the I don't know if you ever heard of the batter Ram, the vater Ram. You can't stop it, baby, the batter Ram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, jnoth.
Speaker 1: I gotta y'all got that right. We noted that. We got that noted the slady okay, bo, I'm gonna look that up. I gotta look that up. It's called the Battle What.
Speaker 2: The batter Ram?
Speaker 1: And who is that by?
Speaker 3: That was by Toddy T and Mixed Master Spect. I think Dre uh DJ Pooh, I think they all was all co producers in that Quick.
Speaker 1: They don't get enough credit. You don't never hear it when you talk about pone of style. You never hear pool. You never hear quick.
Speaker 3: Quick as dope. Pool is dope. I guess they they you know, they just you know, just don't really be looking for a lot of publicity. They just want to do They want to pay music to speak for you know, for them.
Speaker 2: Uh but they they dope. You know, you know them my guys, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Man, I love Uh I want to talk about them early days with two one three man, talk about your first group. That's your first group and Snoop how they come together?
Speaker 3: Uh well, we we've known each other all our lives, elementary school and church. Uh So as we got older, Like I said, when we was in our young teens, me and Snoop was over on sixty first Street, we was hustling, you know, doing different things and moving around and uh we we he was actually doing music then, you know, we just you know, we're just doing it just for the homies.
Speaker 2: It wasn't for the masses.
Speaker 3: We was doing it for the homeboys, the neighborhood and everybody.
Speaker 2: Just a party.
Speaker 3: Two and uh so one day, you know Snoop and Nate that was was at Poly together doing music and Nate had went off to the Marines. So after he got out, he had heard about us doing music. So one day we was on the spot and they pulled up, uh on sixty.
Speaker 2: First Street, you know, uh pulled up on us. And then we from there.
Speaker 3: We just started just start doing music and Snoop was like, he's still singing.
Speaker 2: He was like yeah, So we.
Speaker 3: Just started collaborating and just started doing music together.
Speaker 1: Three three geniuses, all bringing a whole different flavor to it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: We went and did our first demo, Uh what uh would DJ Money be from?
Speaker 2: From Long Beach?
Speaker 3: That's when we h we had a uh actually you know what. I remember we were just talking about quick, but he quick inspired us as well. He had an underground tape that was out.
Speaker 2: That ship was hard than the motherfucker. So it was hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's that's what made us do the underground tape thing, you know. So that's when we formed two on three and we we did our demo with Money B and it was called Long Beaches a motherfucker. Oh wow, that motherfuckers hard to this day, I should have brought it up here, Dan, straight up, Long Beach is a mother.
Speaker 1: So I got to so I gotta even say this, man. So if we fast forward a lot of your friends go to death Row right, you end up signing with death Child.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to take us through the story. I think I've heard the story, but I want I want to hear this story right here on Certified.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, I was.
Speaker 3: I was there, did a lot of work with you know, with Dre and and and Snoopy, our whole crew.
Speaker 2: We all was there working and doing our thing.
Speaker 3: And then once things kind of blew up a little bit, tours started and things like that, you know, it was time for people to have their roles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and my role was I was a.
Speaker 3: Producer slash DJ uh and I would I would rap too, but you know, when it came time to start moving, you know, I wasn't involved. M you know, I wasn't being invited into the tour or you know, whatever was going on. So you know it it it kind of had me upset.
Speaker 1: So it fuck with the friendship a little bit between uh everybody.
Speaker 3: I mean, it didn't really fuck with the friendship. I just didn't didn't Uh. I didn't know how to to uh accept a blessing pretty much because Dre must have seen something that I wasn't saying as far as just being around, uh, you know, getting myself caught up in a situation, you know, cause I was pretty much I was alive while around that time, and I I was, you know down, you know, really down to do whatever right and uh and uh he he pretty much seeing that pretty much and was just like, man, you need to go and to be your own man. M you know it hurt, you know, I was upset a little bit, but I went when did my own thing. I went back to sleeping on the floor. UH had my NPC sixty, I had my creative records and just started producing, just start doing my shit again and start you know, making songs with with other artists outside of the guys that I was with, which that's how I came up with uh Endo Smoke, which was pretty much my first UH production. That was my introduction as a producer and a artist, cause I wrapped on it and I produced it, and I you know, helped write with Grim's uh verse. Even though Grim is he's incredible, but I helped out with I gave him some of the flavor that we had, you know, like that H and R stuff to puff in your lungs, smoking on the chronic, getting straight sprung.
Speaker 2: That's that was our.
Speaker 3: That was a style that I that that I used, that that we all you know had around that time. That uh, but that that actually introduced me into doing indo smoking also introduced me into producing definition.
Speaker 2: Of a thug for Tupac yup. Cause I was at the studio.
Speaker 3: I came around after you know, I was kind of like distant for a while. UH came to the studio and Draden was working on a on a the UH actually depot of just the soundtrack they was doing the record for. And I bumped hears with Paul Stewart and John Singleton and I was like, look, man, I was like a starving student. I was like, look, do you guys have any room on y'all soundtrack?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: If you do, could you please listen to the song I got. So Paul was like, all right, I'll listened to it. I said, well, can we go to my car? So I had a burgundy rigle. We went, sat in the regal, I put the tape in. I started playing it and it went for about maybe fifteen twenty seconds and Paul.
Speaker 2: Was like boom. He's like stop, stop and stop. So I stopped it and he was like I kind of looked at him like like this motherfucker. Okay, another motherfucker tripping, don't wanna you know, gonna shoot me down. So he was like, can I take the tape with me? I said hell, yeah, take it.
Speaker 3: He said, just give me your number and I paid you, you know, and let you know what we think. And so for that was like ninety three, ninety four, ninety n ninety three.
Speaker 2: It was ninety three.
Speaker 3: Ninety It was like n in like ninety three. I think it was like.
Speaker 2: Yes, ninety three, and one song was on the tape, the Winner of ninety three.
Speaker 1: What song was on the tape?
Speaker 2: It was Indo Smoke.
Speaker 3: And so I got a call that Monday, and and Paul Stewart was like, then we want this to be our first single off the Poetic Justice soundtrack.
Speaker 2: And I was like huh.
Speaker 3: He was like, yeah, we want this to be our first single. So I called Mr Graham like, man, we got a single with uh John Singleton and Paul Stewart over there at New Deal. Uh, so they want to meet with us. So we went up, had to meet and everything was great. Oh wow, Uh did the deal with him? You know, we got some cheese out of it. And and that w That was pretty much my first introduction to as an artist and a producer, uh, into the music game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, I was thinking about this the other day. Man, it's been twelve years since Nate been gone. Does it feel like twelve? Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it feels like it a lot because when up, you know a lot. We worked together a whole lot more than everybody. And he really understood my music, you know, as far as my production, and he knew what to do with it. And I say that, you know, sometime when I work with artists, they don't really understand what's there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Nate would understand it, and he had dissect and then he'll put the vibe to it and the shit is a classic. But some artists to today will be listening like damn, okay, I'm trying to catch a vibe with this and this, and it's like, what are you thinking about?
Speaker 2: Just go wow?
Speaker 3: You know, but Nate knew what to do, and uh, just not having them around, you know, just to to get down on on certain records that I do, or me producing for him or him hearing him, you know, on a record with Snoop or Dre or or you know, anybody in the industry is just like wow. But we still hear it every day, all day r year after year, every since he died and before when we when we put the record out, it's still it's still going. So that's that's what uh, you know it. It makes me feel good just to know that it it's still keeping his name alive along with with mine as well on what we did together as far as to regulate uh record. You know, we did that shit right in my apartment. Uh little small apartment with no furniture, just a bed and my dogs shitting everywhere and studio equipment in one room, and uh we did that motherfucker right in there, you know, and from there, you know it a uh what was a trip?
Speaker 2: Was I was at the studio. Now this is a whole nother story.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I was up at the.
Speaker 3: Studio with Dray uh him and Mike Lynn. So I told Mike, I said, Mike, I got the song I want you to hear because I know I knew that they was doing above the rim uh soundtrack.
Speaker 2: So Michael was all right, come on, let's go.
Speaker 3: So we got in the car once again, pushed the tape and that it was regulate and uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was finished. It was finished. Uh it wasn't mixed, but it was a rough draft of it.
Speaker 3: And uh so it played. Mike was like this ship bang. It was like, you let dra hear this. I was like, nah, I ain't let him hear it. So he said, I'm gonna I'm gonna let Dre here and I'm gonna let Jimmy hear it, he said, And I'll get it, you know, I'll get back to you. So once again, this was a CD. It's actually not a tape with a CD. So I gave them a CD.
Speaker 2: And uh, uh.
Speaker 3: Warn we want this to be a single, our single for above the brand soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: And that was regularly so I was like, damn, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I want to say two days ago. So, first off, Regulators probably is one of those, one of the one of them, one of them joints that is going to be forever in my top ten forever, right, just vibe just I can throw that on. I can feel like I'm on pH you know, like I can, I can. I can give you moments in my life that I've had. Regulators be like the soundtrack to that to those moments, right, you know we got kids. Yeah, you know, kids on all apps, TikTok, fucking all socials, right, yeah, my kid is scrolling and she stops and she's I'm driving. I can hear Regulators playing It's just Dad is your song? And I said okay, And in the middle of the song it flipped Unt Tree.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah that.
Speaker 1: Was I was in that motherfucker doing this right here. Bro on you hear me, I was getting out. Yeah, man, listen. First off, I'm a fan of all music, don't give a fuck what it is. Frob fucking classic jazz, everything, right, So I'm a fan. When they flipped country, bro, I think it flipped my country too, Like it flipped the country and me, you know what I'm saying. And I know I'm yeah, yeah, I'm going and I'm being funny. But the point I'm making here is that, man, someone told me, the biggest form of flatteries to be copied someone to use your stuff or to inspire. When you hear when you hear Regulators, you hear those remixes, like where does it take you? Like, what are you thinking when you hear you heard the country version? What would it take you?
Speaker 2: I was like, that's it's dope.
Speaker 3: I would say that was like, it's dope, right. I uh just talked to uh Jennifer Horton, who's actually we're partnering up. That's she's going to start doing some work with me. Shout out to Jennifer management wise, and she's tight with his people. He talked to his people and like, what do you guys want to do? You got so I told them that I could do a brand new version with new verses to regulate for that, you know, if he wants his version of his parts to still stay as is, or he could do some new new verses and we're just creator a new regulate twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: We need good vos right now. Yeah, you're getting ready to go tour?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, high school reunion tour.
Speaker 3: Me snoop whiz and too short and burning. That's a smoke affair.
Speaker 1: Tell me, tell me, tell me a little bit about it. Where where does it start?
Speaker 3: We start off in Canada, Vancouver, Canada. Uh, and then from there we do the Northwest, and then we ease over into the Midwest, and then from the Midwest we go Uh. I think we start heading towards Pennsylvania. Uh, Indianapolis, and then we do Brooklyn, New Jersey. I think we do two days in Brooklyn, then we do I mean New Jersey, then we do a day in Brooklyn, and we're all over the place. It's it's two months to a two month tour. So we're gonna be hitting like everywhere and I'm gonna have fun, man, uh and tapping in with everybody in every city, you know, on that barbecue the whole now.
Speaker 1: So take me like, what's the what's the what's the what's the what's the constant with with tours? Like are they headaches? Are the nerve wrecking leading up to it? Like? Take me through I know what sports is like. We have a training camp to get ready for a season. You go to season, you play the whole season. You gotta playoffs. Like, take me through a tour though it's the same thing. Really, it's the same thing. Some get you get, you get.
Speaker 3: You love doing it, but you get burnt out sometime with with some of the things that that you're doing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: As far as partying every day, lot, it's a lot of partying every day. You gotta you gotta get into that party vibe every day, damn. And Uh, you know, it's a lot of drinking and smoking.
Speaker 2: Uh, a lot of vibe, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just just just a bunch of stuff like that that's constantly going on and some sometimes you get kind of burnt out on it.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Uh, are y'all collabing on your music? I know it ain't all party a working.
Speaker 2: Know we we work, we work.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Everybody carries like a portable studio you can set up right in your dress a room, you know, with the with the lungs. The music is already done and formatted. You just pop your headphones on, get your booth up, start playing like I'll be like, sort, I need a verse a snoop, I need this wiz come on. But I'm actually working on a record right now for me snooping wiz oh wow to drop before we leave in July.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, in this situation, when you have a tour, do you do you do you focus on new music or do you just your chance to put new music out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I definitely focus on new music, and and it's just another vehicle to push.
Speaker 2: That new music.
Speaker 3: By being on the road, you can introduce them in the show, the new music as well. While it's on the radio plan getting people familiar with it they can see it as well, and then that that it works together. Yeah, I just did one with Little Wayne too. That's that's pretty dope. That's actually that motherfuckers push play on you.
Speaker 1: We got to go to the brig.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's dope. I mean, it's really dope.
Speaker 1: Now I gotta I gotta ask about what feels like. I know music is your love, but man, bro, when I talk when I talk rubs and I talk when I talk grilling, when I talk grilling to you and smoking and the barbecuing, Bro, you light up like a whole nother bro, Like what is the I know you said your pops, man, but this is your true this is your true passion right here, Like grilling is your true passion.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's just fun.
Speaker 3: It's a getaway because I don't have to deal with like any politics or any you know, any clearances or anything like that. I'm in my own world and and whoever's around we just having a good time and feeling good and just conversating like we are right now, just having a good time conversating and it's just feel good, you know, And it just it just it's an escape for me away from the things that go on in the music business, like, for instance, me trying to get my masters back, you know, and it's been thirty years. You know, they've been juicing me that long. You know, I didn't put so many kids through college, high school. They brought so many houses for all these kids. And all I asked you guys to do for me doing what I did by saving the company is to give me my master's back. That's the best gift you could give me. But they just juicing me still, so it takes me away from all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all got all thought, y'all, I go, man, fun, that's the rap and no man, that's been certified today. Man, we had warned you come in here. In short, it's the whole joint, from fucking rubs, the sauces to tang ye to barbecue the hot. But y'all ain't ready. What's this shiit say?
Speaker 2: Sniffing griffins, sniffing griffin Smoke me out? Oh yeah, smoking me out. We brings heat and.
Speaker 1: A brings heat. Oh yeah, I'm gonna ask me, what's the process is something like that? That's a long process. I'm fighting for something that you created something this technically.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's been a it's like I said, it's it's thirty years. You know, I haven't really start I just started really like focusing on that like in the last maybe like ten years as far as you know, Like, damn, why wasn't I thinking when I was younger about my masters and I could have done these deals while I still had ownership within my masters? I own my publishing catalog. That's the biggest shit ever, right.
Speaker 2: You know, a lot of guys don't facts, you know.
Speaker 3: But the guys that do, you see these deals being made like dre Facts with the two hundred and summer, and I think that's just for the chronic right.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And they come to me like we wanna do half of d D I say, hey, we may be able to do that.
Speaker 1: Business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I cause I still don't you know. You hey, you guys just you know, came in a little bit as a partner, right.
Speaker 1: You know, but uh, have you ever thought about taking some of these young guns and putting them on the you umbrella and kind of give them like a little script or whatever.
Speaker 3: All the time, Like a lot of the young artists uh VG Perrico, uh Zoel Somema's and you know, like all glasses alone like these like underground artists here like that people.
Speaker 2: Really don't know about yet. Yep.
Speaker 3: But a lot of even the artists, even like ty Dolla signed guys like that, A lot a lot of these guys they called me and aksed me about all of this shit, and then I give him a a blueprint of how to move Like BEG Perrico called me, and I he was just like, uh, you know, like what what can I do to to.
Speaker 2: You know, try to make my shit move better?
Speaker 3: I said, be different, you know, be different and quit talking about ops in every song. Uh, you don't have to do that in every song. Just tell Just paint a picture and tell your story. Mm, whether it's good, bad, whatever it is, just paint a a whole movie a picture. So people don't just have to hear you saying, well, i'm'a do this or do that to some motherfucker all the time.
Speaker 1: What that.
Speaker 2: People don't wanna hear that every day. We wanna feel good sometimes, you.
Speaker 3: Know, be different, you know, like myself, I talk some shit, you know, but then I'll I I still spit some game at the same time as far as how a guide you in a direction where a positive direction too, you know. But I'll talk some shit cause that's some shit that I went through at that time. So I'm gonna tell you my whole the story and the vibe of of how I'm feeling, of what I'm going through. And it's just like, I'm not no gang bang motherfucker like out rowdy and doing all kinds of shit.
Speaker 2: I just told my story, just.
Speaker 3: A young teen coming out of Long Beach, California, just tryna survive, just tryna be something in life. But I had to go through all of this shit to to see and say that I don't wanna be in this type of shit. I still fuck with you niggas. I love y'all right, I still fuck with all you guys, but I don't wanna still be coming in the hood, hanging in the motherfucking hood. I love the hood and I give back all the time, but living in that motherfucker. Hell no, I'm trying to get the fuck away, and that's what I did, right, And I still fuck with everybody, but shit, I pop through for ten or fifteen minutes each spot. I'm not gonna sit there long, cause if I sit there too long, i'm'a get myself in some trouble. So I gotta get out of the right. You know, Hey, smoke a joint, we have a shot whatever. Boom boom boom, smoke a joint. Look, I'm gone. I love you, I love you, and I'll be back, you know, because I don't want to fuck up my shit by shooting somebody or hurting somebody who don't know me, even though I don't go through that right, but I don't want to have to put myself in that position where I have to say, Okay, thanks, you're tripping with me for what you know, you don't even know me, or somebody just on some bulls shit because I'm blasting. I ain't like these other mother players. And I ain't gonna sit up there and get on the record talking about I'm fuposed to do this or do that.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 3: I'm just protecting myself, my family.
Speaker 2: That's it, you know, I and I.
Speaker 3: If I'm with my homeboys and some shit going on, I'm damn. I'm with it is what it is. We We just gotta do what we gotta do.
Speaker 2: Facts.
Speaker 3: But other than that, hey, I'm softest Peter Cotton tale, shit, I ain't tripping.
Speaker 1: I heard you. I heard you say when you said about your masters and how you when you were younger, you was thinking a whole nother way. How important is the script in which we give to each other, or the script in which we inherit, or when we talk to our og to get dope information. How important is that script to be able to be handed down to the next generation. How important is.
Speaker 3: That It's very important so they don't go through the ship the things that we went through. It's very important so they don't go through the things that we've been through.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Even even with my kids, I tell them, I said, look, you y'all talk to me like y'all think y'all slick or something, or I'll slick everything that you didn't been through and gonna go through. I've been through it already. That's why I try to tell you ahead of the game on certain situations that you're going through, this is how you gotta handle that situation.
Speaker 2: And I do that for artists.
Speaker 3: I do that for my kids, and it's it's really important to pass it down. I'm not sure how many guys do. But I even DM Kodak Black when he was going through all the stuff before he.
Speaker 2: Went to jail.
Speaker 3: M him and a baby soldier. Okay, it was Kodak Black I reached out to. Actually I reached out, reached out the baby Soldier because he was in jail for murder and him and Kodak Black, they they was tight, you know. But this would be actually before he went to jail for the murder situation, which he beat and he got out and he's back in jail for a violation. I think Baby Soldier and I told him, I said, look, talk to Kodak Black and have him call me. I want to talk to him because he don't have no nobody trying to guide him.
Speaker 2: In the right direction.
Speaker 3: So I reached out, and I reached out to Kodak Black, but he went to jail. I don't even know if he even seen it. But just me being from here way on the West coast, cause I I stay in tune with all the younger artists, all artists my age whatever, I stay tune tune with everything. Sho and uh I s I was just somebody gotta say something to this dude. So I just reached out the baby soldier then reached out to him and talked to both of 'em, and uh, baby soldier, he got it. You know, I was looking out for him while he was locked up too. And uh, it just it's it feels good to pass it down. And and Kodak is starting to get it mm a little. He's starting to get it, right cause I seen he started investing in in uh real estate and and things like that, and uh and just moving in a different direction a little. Even though he get had a dirty you know, he's still trying to move in the right direction by building you know, building you know wealth for the neighborhood that he came up in, and you know, making it possible for for people there to have jobs and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So that's pretty dope.
Speaker 1: Got to that. Yeah, that script has got to be out there. I got to ask you about your Raiders.
Speaker 3: Man with the Raiders, I mean, I got major love for the Raiders. I'm kind of uh I think we should have Uh. I mean, I know it was contract thing with Car.
Speaker 2: Car my God, I love Car.
Speaker 1: But you got Jimmy, Yeah, he's straight.
Speaker 2: He just gotta stay he gotta stay healthy. You gotta stay healthy.
Speaker 1: I like points start Jimmy Benning, like, I'm down with it. Y'all got a y'all got a super super athlete and the wide receiver in atoms Man. Yeah, it takes a certain arm to get it to him.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, straight up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like y'all. Man, I like y'all. Team. Ain't like how y'all.
Speaker 3: Went saying Aaron Rodgers was gonna come. That would have been that would have.
Speaker 2: Been a legend.
Speaker 1: They just shut Vegas down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it ain't.
Speaker 1: Enough, Hyahwashington, Vegas. You know what I'm saying, That would have been legendary. That would been different to Vegas. Handle Anon Rodgers now fresh out of Green bayle like, yeah, ship, that's the party capital.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was talking to you earlier and uh, y'all going on tour. I gotta think that on some of these tours you're gonna hit some of these barbecue spots and some of these.
Speaker 3: Like, man, I'm going to every city I go to. I'm tapping in with every barbecue pit master there is.
Speaker 1: Y'all hurt that Barbie. We're coming straight live, straight lived to you. You know what I'm saying. Warrann g the tour going. You know what I'm saying. What's the name of the toy again?
Speaker 3: It's called the High School Reunion Tour. Snoop Dogg too Short, Warren g U whis Kalif and Berner in uh DJ drama.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a classic.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a good time and we're gonna show your life on tour.
Speaker 1: A Yes, indeed, yes, sir, We're gonna crack on this guy. Damn barbecue. I gotta asked, what's your favorite thing to smoke? And what's your favorite thing to grill?
Speaker 2: You had the favorite thing to smoke?
Speaker 3: Uh uh it's brisket. Yeah, brisket, That's my favorite thing to smoke. And then as far as grilling, Oh way.
Speaker 1: I can't pick them all. You're gonna pick one.
Speaker 2: Grilling uh mm hmm. Damn. Let me see.
Speaker 3: I say, I really like to do uh like salmon grilling it. Yeah, hide and fast, you know, get the skin crispy.
Speaker 2: On the bottom.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, Now winter, is it safe to say with all of this that you set up today, right, is it safe to say that we're gonna see the ware g Regulated cookbook someday?
Speaker 2: Definitely, Sniff and griffins BBQ.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about the rubs in the season.
Speaker 3: The rubs and seasons is already in action. Uh, that's on sniffing griffins BBQ dot Sniffing griffins.
Speaker 1: Y'all hear that sniffing griffins.
Speaker 2: Sniffing grigriffs BBQ dot com. I got dot com. Yes, indeed, sniffing grif.
Speaker 1: What sniffing grif? You gotta give.
Speaker 3: Sniff sniff and griffins is my Uh my rubs have an all purpose rub, I have an original.
Speaker 2: I have smoky sauce.
Speaker 3: I have a damn Actually the names is we bring heat, smoking me out and O G my O G sauce and really good sauces. It's a different, different flavor.
Speaker 1: Hold on, man, you jumping through anything. You got barbecue sauces too, Barbi diesel sauces. Yeah, so we need to see the whole boy, we see the whole thing thing. Do tell me? I got salad dress and this ship coming too.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm doing everything kg. Yeah, hot sauce that's coming. I got a yellow sauce coming. I even have a season in salt coming. Then I have flavors, some flavored salts.
Speaker 2: That's coming as.
Speaker 3: Well as well as uh uh plant based seasonings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna ask you that man. As a chef, Man, how much do you vegan about? How much of the wave you gotta? You gotta pay attention to that and implement a little bit of kind of like where food is going. Everything's healthy or everything's plant based.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm I'm right up in there.
Speaker 2: I do. Uh.
Speaker 3: Portobello burgers is really good, or I eat it without anything. I just love the grilla or or smoke them too. Uh, just how juicy and flavorful they are. I taste damn in like a steak.
Speaker 1: I gotta get on that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Portobello mushrooms.
Speaker 3: Uh, take some olive oil or avocado oil, you know, rub it down and seizing it up and get the cooking.
Speaker 2: You'll know when it's done.
Speaker 1: Man. You know what I want to do? Man, one time when you go to Vegas and you what you call it when you go to the football games tail game, when you tailgate it the Raiders game. I want I want to I want to be that. Oh yeah, I want to be there for that.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, yes, the.
Speaker 1: Camers We're gonna we're gonna certify We're gonna chill right there. Money watch do you watch the game right there? You go in?
Speaker 2: No, I go in, but.
Speaker 1: Some sit right there and watch it from right there.
Speaker 2: Though I have been there.
Speaker 3: I have watched it before the Raiders and Chargers when they used to battle. We we go up to the Chargers game about a hundred deep, and we start with breakfast lunch, and then we have another meal when people come out from the game. Everybody that goes in, because some people just stay out. When they come back out, feed again. Everybody's a whole new batch of food.
Speaker 1: Is it you? Is it free?
Speaker 2: It's free all of us. It's a whole that, our whole crew.
Speaker 3: You got the frying man, you got the barbecue man, you got the the what was the breakfast man? We had every we had every type of food. We had it all right there with breakfast lunch in the late I guess I don't want to say dinner, but meal after after the game.
Speaker 2: Music going, Oh yeah, party, the party.
Speaker 1: Put this on the list. You heard it first.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I appreciate thanks for having me. Man, Yes, indeed, Man.
Speaker 1: Shout you your family, everybody. Man know what it is. Man certified a ship. Yeah,