Speaker 1: If you are one of the lucky ones who got loved your relationship marriage right the first time, then this show ain't for you. Welcome to I Do Part two, where your hosts today have said I do eight times between the three of us.
Speaker 2: Eight.
Speaker 1: How was that for an intro? Janna Kramer, Listen, j I.
Speaker 3: Feel very targeted and you're not.
Speaker 4: You should just feel seen, Jenny, thank.
Speaker 1: You because on this end down here with TJ Holmes, hello, and Amy Robot four I dos down here as well, and a fifth in the making. We should argue on this end possibly, So yes, I'm not targeting Rush right, I'm not targeting, but welcome everybody. So Jana, we have to say, is so good to have you in studio. Jena is here with us in New York.
Speaker 3: I love New York, you guys. This is such a fun city. It's so great. And here with the beautiful Kelly. I mean, this is this is awesome.
Speaker 5: Yes, we have what we should mention. We have the amazing Kelly ben Simone. Right, did I say your name correctly?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Kelly ben Simone is in the house here and she is going to be We mentioned this in the first episode one of our celebrity mentors.
Speaker 4: Are you prepared to mentor us, Kelly?
Speaker 2: I hope so. I'm working on it one day at a time.
Speaker 1: But Kelly, people coming to you for relationship advice more so now than they used to.
Speaker 2: I mean, in the past month and a half, I've become like the relationship group. Wow, everybody's asking me for advice, which has been really, really sweet. But it's also like bittersweet because I'm just like I hope I say the right thing.
Speaker 5: Well, well, you always say the right thing in the right moment because it's authentic. And I think at some point we were talking about that authenticity is a big part of reality TV and sometimes it's not. But You've always been the one who speaks her mind always, And for those who need an introduction, I don't think many people do. But you obviously hopefully remember Kelly from The Real Housewives of New York and Ultimate Girls Trip and recently making headlines for ending a wedding to be four days before the nuptials were set to actually take place, all because your fiance wouldn't sign a prenum. Is that the only reason why the wedding was.
Speaker 2: Called the only reason.
Speaker 3: How long are you guys actually together because at the first time, the first thing that I read, because well I thought, I was like, wow, that's so powerful and that's you know, like more power to her. But then I was also like, that makes me sad for her because how long was the relationship? Like that must have been really hard to part from that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean we were together for over a year and a half and I you know, everyone's like, you're a runaway bride. I actually ran to myself. You know. It was a very crowded, messy environment on his part with ex wives and all these kids, and I love children, but it was just like very, very, very messy, and I just couldn't handle all of that. You know, I'm very neat my girls. I raised my girls on my own. I provided for them, educated them, like I'm like the mama bear of all mama bears. And to see like all this chaos all the time was just like not for me. Coupled with the fact that you know, I'm the daughter of a lawyer and if I'm going to get married again, I mean I've been single for so long, not because I am like single, like you know, someone like they're like, well, you're single, I'm like, well, I'm not like single, like out there like, oh my god, I'm single. I'm single, introduced me, introduced me. I'm just not married.
Speaker 4: You know, there's the difference.
Speaker 2: There is a total difference.
Speaker 5: Your divorced, your your first divorce, your only divorce. Correct was back in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have been like a mediator.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It was like and was there a prenup obviously in place?
Speaker 2: Then no, there wasn't. But it was like a mediator. But it was also different. I was young and you know he I was young and made starting to make money. He was you know, older and starting to make money, and so we were like we were really building, you know. I helped him build his career. And it was just a different environment. It was a different time too. You know, two thousand and seven, people weren't like, get a prenup, take care of yourself. You know, women weren't like, oh, I need to watch out for my finances. You know, it was a different time. I mean people didn't even talk about really about marriage. When I remember going on when I was first on Housewives, and you know, I was like, I'm a single parent, and they were like, oh, so that we got one of those in the room. Yeah, it was kind of like I had like leprosy or something. You know. I was like, I'm just single, Like I just raising my kids on my own. And I was, you know, also young when I got married, but just it was just a different time. Now it's like people are like, I'm single, I'm loving life, and back then it wasn't really perceived that way.
Speaker 3: So can I ask kind of an insensitive question?
Speaker 2: You can?
Speaker 4: I think, push through it.
Speaker 1: You'll make it.
Speaker 3: Just get through it because I don't want to sound I don't want to put him in a bad light. But does he not have a lot of money?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't really know what his money situation is, which is also a bad thing. You should kind of know what the finances are of the family finances. I just knew that I have two children. I've worked really, really hard. I have a lot of earning potential, and I want to make sure that my girls are protected for the rest of their lives. I mean, that's why I'm making money. I'm not making money so I can go to tom Ford. Although I do love tom.
Speaker 3: Ford and it with his fans Like me, we're in New York.
Speaker 2: People are like, oh my god, they're just spending money like crazy. Well that's not really how it is. Like, I just want to make sure that my girls are obviously educated and have a good you know framework, but I just want to like ensure that they can do whatever they want.
Speaker 3: And he didn't want to sign it because he what was his reasoning for not signing. He just said no, just flat out no.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He was like, we're not doing this. I'm like, we're doing what So we're doing We're going to combine everything. I'm like, wait, no, no, no, no, we're not combining anything. There's like, that's not happening.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I know, O Kelly, a lot of the headlines like that to write about that didn't get married or marriage off because of a pre nup, But clearly there was a lot more going on than the pre nup. That might have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Yes, but you will would you sare to say, now you all shouldn't have gotten married.
Speaker 2: No, And I touched on that. I just was say, with the messiness and the being crowded, it was just too much. It was just you know, I have a you know, I have two girls, and I have a big life, and you know, just with all of the messy it was just too much. It's just a lot, and like some people have the bandwidth for that. But like, you know, I travel I work in five states. I'm traveling a lot and all these you know, different shows and trying to just to have a good time with my life. Now that my girls are you know, educated at jobs and are feeling good about themselves, like I feel like I'm like, oh my god, I'm like, you know, eighteen again, Like world's my oyster, Like, let's go for it. What can I do now? Like where before I was more like whatever was making money with the things that I would just be laser focused on. And now I'm just very excited about you know, new opportunities. And I think that's something you know that we're not seeing that much of, you know, with women in their fifties.
Speaker 4: Yep, you know, I hear you.
Speaker 3: What are y'all thoughts on prenups?
Speaker 5: You know, I think before it's it's nice to be in a position where you need one. You know, I too got married young the first time, at twenty three, and even when I got married again, in my mid thirties, there wasn't a lot to speak of, so it wasn't even a consideration. But once you I am too, a woman in her fifties with two daughters who rely on me solely for their you know, financial support. I've never considered a prenup before, and I don't know how I feel about it now. I know that I have created a trust after having learned some lessons during one of my divorces, and so I've taken that action and that has left me feeling more protected for my daughters. And you know, everyone's got different avenues, but I learned the hard way that you do need to keep that in mind because, as the saying goes, you don't know who someone is until you divorce them.
Speaker 2: So I'm not a lawyer. I'm not trying to, you know, tell people about the law. But I'm just you know, explaining what I know. And you know, it's either you either have a trust or a pre nup. So you know, if you're going to go into a relationship and you want to say to the person, Okay, you know we're going to get married. I mean at the end of the day, like it's a transaction. It's always been a transaction, like it's not some new thing. People are like, no, no, it's for love. Yes it is. But when you're sharing finances, whether it's one dollar or ten dollars, that's your money that you made, and the person that you're with should be excited about that saying like that's a great I mean, if he had said that's a really good idea, I really appreciate you taking care of yourself and putting, you know, putting your family first, I probably would have married him, even though everything was messy, and even though there was just so much there was, it was so crowded, I probably would have been like, you know what, I really appreciate that. But because because of that really rubbed me the wrong.
Speaker 5: Way, I was just gonna say, that's about I think so much of I can only speak for women. We want to be supported, and sometimes that's getting the support to know that we can support ourselves. And if that's not celebrated by the partner or the person who you want to spend the rest of your life with, that is a red flag.
Speaker 3: Well, and yeah, I will say this too. A lot of and I don't know if this is just now, but at least five girls that I've spoken to about prenups, it was the guy that didn't want to sign the prenup. It was always the guy having an issue with it, like, why do you want me to sign that? And you know my girlfriend who was you know, she was my lash tech, she was just like, he won't sign it. And it's frustrating me that he's just like, I've built this business, I've done this, and there's and I have multiple examples of it's always the guy wrapping up against it. So I'm curious TJ to direct it towards you, like, what do you think that is with the man to not?
Speaker 1: I was about to ask you, is there an ice and all those friends? Was there some kind of financial imbalance or just maybe.
Speaker 3: Some are a few are equal in pay and then the others the women? Do you have more money?
Speaker 1: Did you ever? And I'm gonna don't you dare try and put this.
Speaker 4: Back on promise.
Speaker 1: I'm going to answer. I promised you did you ever do one? Did you ever use a prenup?
Speaker 3: I asked you first, Okay, that's.
Speaker 1: Fine, I never have my answer, but and then I have an opinion on them as well.
Speaker 4: But have you ever knew she came.
Speaker 3: She came to you before you guys get married, and she says, I want a prenup? Would you sign it?
Speaker 1: I'll sign whatever she wants me to sign if it means I can marry her. Oh, I completely pulled that out of my ass.
Speaker 4: I didn't, but it was just documented no, no, But my.
Speaker 1: Feeling on it, and this might sound crazy to you, O, Kelly Jenna, is that there's something that's so unromantic about it. It's something that does make it feel like a business transaction. I get one hundred percent get it, but it just feels icky to me. So I have always been on the higher end or the one who makes more money in my relationships and marriages, but it never crossed my mind.
Speaker 3: To do so.
Speaker 1: So then you're saying, so.
Speaker 2: You either do the trust and if you don't have a trust in place, then you can you should do a prenup and you not should you can.
Speaker 3: In my last marriage to my husband of almost seven years, I did not have him sign a prenup to me. It was like, we are getting this, this is my one forever and we're getting married. And when he cheated the first round of affairs, I when he was in rehab, I made him sign a post up, but that did not hold up in court. It was not going to hold up in court. My lawyer had said when I finally divorced him that post ups don't hold up as well as prenups, and that he and he told me he was going to fight the post up. And so that's when I just went into my own you know, brain of Excel, Google sheets of Okay, what I think is fair and what is you know, without trying to take because it was I earned most of the money in that relationship. So now in this new relationship, it was it was a really hard conversation to have because I have my entire team of people and lawyers and business managers and looking out for me, and my lawyer was like, this is like getting health insurance, and I'm like, I get that piece of it. I was like, but I'm like, I'm struggling with that. He's like, well, why wouldn't you have health insurance for your life? This is the same thing. I'm like, but it's not. I'm like, he's the love of my life and I don't want to have a pre nap. I don't I go Having said that. Then I look at the other side. I realized how much I lost almost half of my money in my last divorce, money that I worked really hard for. And I come from that single mom of there heart. My mom was a single mom.
Speaker 4: This is not for me.
Speaker 3: None of that money is for me. It's for my children, and so if I just want to protect that, and I think when I had the conversation with my husband, now you know, he was very much like you, it's not what we're already going into this to not be together, Like it doesn't feel romantic. It's like and I'm like, I know, and I was like, I don't want it either, like zero part of me wants it. And he's like, I will sign it if you want me to sign it. And you know, I'm not going to actually say what the end decision was, but for for me, it was a it was just a really tough conversation to have.
Speaker 2: But isn't that so nice? Sorry, it's not so nice though that he said, like if you want that like that.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, I think I needed that piece and then whatever we ended up saying it was the right.
Speaker 2: And that was the other thing too, is that there was no, there was no like gentle conversation about There was no like, you know, I want you to be happy and healthy and make sure that you're safe. And I think that's one thing that is that, you know, there's so many roles of being reversed. There's a lot of women that are making a lot of money. And you know, it's like when I when I was dating before I met him, you know, a lot of guys would be like, oh, you know, Kelly's going to take care of this, and Kelly's doing this, and Kelly's doing that. I'm like, why is Kelly doing everything? Like hello, you can like you know, start doing things as well. And you know, I just I just feel like there's nothing wrong with making money, and there's nothing wrong with being you know, supporting your family and putting your children first and like wanting a nice life for yourself. There's nothing wrong with that. And there's nothing wrong with wanting to have a partner that's involved in that as well. Who's like, Hey, you know what you're doing just a freak job.
Speaker 4: I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 1: Because Asten don't get why he would just he just said, but he didn't just give you like a response, you say, you just said no and moved on, is it? I mean, what was the logic behind it? Am I missing? Oh?
Speaker 4: I was going to ask that question. If you didn't the same exact question, they had to.
Speaker 1: Give you some reason why besides just no, I refuse.
Speaker 2: Well, actually he said to me no, and then he was like, I'm gonna have my lawyer go back, and I'm just like no.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's where it's so transire, that's where it's gets so.
Speaker 2: And I was like, no, no, no, We're not doing this back and forth. It's like, this is it if you want to be involved or not, and.
Speaker 4: That's it. That was it.
Speaker 2: Having done. He had it for a long time. It's not like he had it like a day.
Speaker 5: Well that I mean, I know, this is crazy. My brain goes straight to a place where, you know, what it all happened the way it was supposed to. Because if he went to that place immediately with you asking for a prenup before you're even even a married couple, My mind goes to what that divorce would have been like had it not worked out. Well, he said, you know, conversation is that I'll take it to my lawyers. That's the worst possible response when you haven't even gotten married.
Speaker 2: Well, just like by you know, I mean, so we're talking about like you know, would have, could have, should like all these different things. But here's here's the here's the good news. The good news is the law doesn't care if you're madly in love or if you hate each other. The law says you get a certain amount of money regardless if you don't have a trust or a prenup and place, so you know, you can be loved as much as you want. And then what something happens good, bad or ugly, and all of a sudden, like all that money you've worked for on your the male part or the female part is going to the other person. Like just like you said, like you had to give money to another person's like cheating on you. I mean, how that doesn't make you feel you don't like sleep at night and be like, oh my god, I'm so warm and fuzzy because he cheated on me so much money.
Speaker 3: It's more so just and that is the only that is the only piece that like causes still friction with me and my exses because I pay him child support, I have the kid seventy percent of the time, he took almost half this of money. So it's like it's frustrating to have that where I'm like, I worked my assa, I came from nothing, like my mom worked three jobs.
Speaker 4: I hadn't.
Speaker 3: Like I'm the girl that's like the only saw negative in her bank account. So now I'm I'm to a fault too much of a horder in my bank account now because I'm afraid of not and not being there, not being able to support my kids in their sports. Like I had to quit figure skatings my mom couldn't forford it. I never want to have to tell my kids you can't do a sport because mommy doesn't have the money. So like I want to like make sure they're protected. And so you know, like you said, when you divorce someone like he even said, I won't take your money, Well no, because when the divorce is happening, they're going.
Speaker 4: To go after it all a lot of scot chills.
Speaker 3: You know that you're getting divorced for a reason. You ain't friends anymore, you're not in love anymore.
Speaker 5: And when everyone starts lawyering up, it just it goes from you know, amicable divorce to very much the opposite very quickly.
Speaker 4: And I think that's part of the point.
Speaker 5: Of this podcast, which is pretty cool, because we've all lived a lot of life and we've all learned lessons the hard way, and that's part of the goal is to hopefully impart some of that with wisdom to listeners to women out there who are looking for love and have gone through some of these tough times where you don't know what it's like until you've walked down that path.
Speaker 2: I mean with my first with my first ex husband, my only ex husband, you know, we had a mediator and you know it's my you know, our accountant and the mediator, and we went through everything and I just made sure that my ex husband was safe and that I was safe. And you know, it's like I come from like good stock. I'm like, I want people to feel good, Like I want them when they're around me to feel good. I want them to like be able to trust me. That's like super important for me and my ex husband, you know. I mean I made sure that he that we were both like in a good place.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 2: That was really important to me. And so to come into a situation where I wasn't feeling good after I'm the one that like tied the bow on for my first husband, you know, my my only husband does.
Speaker 4: First we were just getting caught up in all of our lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my first husband's second husband, eight husbands.
Speaker 3: Did you consult with anyone with your decision to with my lawyer? Yeah, with my lawyer, no friends or anything.
Speaker 2: And I also we had just gone to Jamaica with my girls and we were having and my girls were not happy. My oldest was not happy, my youngest was not happy, and I'm just like, what am I doing? My kids are my kids that are like my everything are not happy. And I've broken up with guys before that I've been dating that. I was like, oh they're fun, and my kids are like we hate them. I'm like, okay, you're bye, good bye, You're done. So like they've always been my priority, and they just weren't feeling good too. They just weren't feeling it.
Speaker 3: There was a lot, So where does that love go then, because obviously you love this man, you know, like, is there any regrets do you like, where do you place this love? Or was it just an immediate turnoff that.
Speaker 2: It was a turn off, But it was also just like I just well, I mean, if to remember too, it's like I had to move out, and the first night I'm in my ex hus my daughter was staying in my ex husband's apartment, and so I like no place to go. So I'm like, okay, I'm gonna go with my daughter into my ex husband's apartment and there are all these like Sonny angels and then he's got these like symbols, and I wake up and I'm like.
Speaker 1: What is going on with my life?
Speaker 2: Do you know what like very like little crazy figurines that kids loved where they're like kind of oddly pornographic, but for kids, they're weird. I don't know, they're not mind. But anyway, I was just like, this is not my life, like the sunny angels and this art, and I'm in the bed with her and the dogs and.
Speaker 3: I'm just like your ex husband that's the apartment.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, I'm gonna like lose my mind.
Speaker 5: You got to that place, Kelly, But how like how much courage did it take? Or I'm just curious for you to actually say I'm calling off the wedding.
Speaker 4: What was that conversation?
Speaker 5: Like obviously you knew this would be everywhere because it's been such a public relationship. What went into the decision, how much courage did it take, and.
Speaker 4: How did it go down?
Speaker 3: So I was getting a colonic. Those are great. I used to have those in Los Angeles, have known a while. They're so good. We're feeling in the world, but right when we're stout to come out.
Speaker 1: Where this is the time.
Speaker 2: Chronics are amazing, so literally, I don't even know what they're just like, they're just amazing. Anyone who has not gotten a chlonic, I love them.
Speaker 3: I feel so just like light energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was feeling very stressed out and so I got a colonic and I'm laying down and I was on my phone, well I'm just getting a colonic, and he said something to me along the lines of, you know, you need to if you're going to cancel the wedding, you have to do it now because there's a cancelation policy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He didn't say if.
Speaker 2: You're going to cancel wedding. He's like, there's a cancelation policy for things. And I was like, I'm sorry, what what? What? I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: What did I hear that?
Speaker 2: Did you just text me? I didn't hear it. I was reading it, I'm like, did I just do I need my readers on? Did I just see a cancelation policy? Just was like, we're done.
Speaker 4: It happened over text where it was I saw it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I called him and I was like, what did you just do? First of all, are you talking to people on my behalf? Like? Are you talking to people that I know? Because that's not okay because if anyone's going to break news, I'm going to break my own news and listen, you know what. I think. He's a really genuinely, very nice guy. He's just not my lobster. He's not my lobster. And you know, I want like someone that makes me feel good about myself. I want someone that like pushes me to be the best version of me. I don't want someone I don't want a messy environment. I don't want someone like talking about cancelation policies. I want people to be like, you know what, you may love you so much, let's fight for this. Yeah, you know I'm coming to get you.
Speaker 4: It's the wrong that we all want come back and they fight for you. It's hard almost.
Speaker 3: We want to be able to write, are we canceling this or not, and then have you guys say no, I love you so much, I want to do this.
Speaker 4: Like that will always chool.
Speaker 5: If he had said, you know what, money doesn't matter, I just want to be with you no matter what, let's figure this out, you would have policy.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm sorry, what, Yeah, we want to be chased?
Speaker 2: A yes, yes, chase me, chase me.
Speaker 1: Okay, you we're together two years in total?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, you just said something. How long in that two years? If you look back, when did you actually know he was not your crustacean? He was not your lobster?
Speaker 2: A couple of months and there was an issue a couple of months. Yeah, and I was just like, what is going on? Who are these people?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: What is happening? See?
Speaker 1: Doesn't that happen? Only you knew that long ago, but it took two years to finally flesh that out. Is that always or often the case? I don't want to say just with women, but with all of us? Isn't that a problem? Often time we ignore the signs that you clearly saw early on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do, I think, yeah, because we want to push through and go okay, maybe this will change, or you know, we want the love or he's he's good enough maybe, but it's not the best.
Speaker 2: And you know what it's that's really interesting that you said that, you know, he's like not good enough. And I feel like people are like after I got you know, I called it off. I was with I was at this restaurant in the Hampton's and I sat with some people that I really respect, and you know, we said to me, you know, well, Kelly, everybody has luggage, and I was like, okay, Louis Bauitton, fine, but like a storage unit, like I know, I just can't. I don't care how this lands you guys. I don't care if you guys don't understand.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, but don't you think older in life that we have more stuff to put into storage like we've got now.
Speaker 2: It needs to be I have really nice furnitures.
Speaker 1: I don't have room.
Speaker 2: But it's how you organize that, right.
Speaker 4: It can't be all and that is a huge touched.
Speaker 2: All these little plast things. You can put them in box.
Speaker 3: It has to be labeled and and nicely put away, which is healed and worked on store.
Speaker 5: It can't be yes no when you walk in and there's just a mess everywhere, No agreed.
Speaker 3: So the advice for someone finding love that feels that initial I knew within the first two months what was that piece that would be the the advice that you would give them so that we can stop people in their tracks to then meet the right person.
Speaker 2: Understanding your bandwidth, I think is like mandatory for your So for your own self, you have to instead of people saying like you, this is okay, this is not okay, you have to understand your own bandwidth. For some people, what's messy is not that messy. For other people, what's you know, what's what's what's a storage unit is? You know, just like carry on luggage. So you just have to understand your own bandwidth and be okay with that, do you know what I mean? And like, you know, you guys have been through a lot together, but you're so connected, Like just just been talking with you before we even started this. You guys so in love and just so just connected. Like you know, it's you were like look at each other when you were talking. You know, it's not just like oh my god, what are they going to say? I mean, you know what she's going to say, and you know what he's going to say, and it's just beautiful and just being able to be open to that other person. And so I don't think the person. You know, it's like everyone's like they they're like, oh, I want to you know Jill's Aaron used to say, I want a PJ. No, no, no, everyone go for a TJ. Like that's like that's the real you know, that's just what life is about, just like sharing memories. So you have to understand your bandwidth and know like what you can handle and kind of what you can't.
Speaker 1: We will say first, thank you for the kind words. That's true. I was like, oh, I spend a short time with you before we came in here, but is was there ever did you all spend in time trying to reconcile after you cut off the wedding?
Speaker 3: Was there ever a chance did he say, hey, I want to go to therapy?
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah? Oh we did go to therapy once. And then I was I was like, this is not therapy. I was like, this is babysitting for him. I was like, I'm not doing this. This is like I'm like, the therapist is supposed to be like, here are the tools in your tool belt, use this one and she was like, Oh, you're so handsome and cute and fun, and everybody's not nice to you. I'm like, I'm gonna kill myself.
Speaker 1: He charmed the therapist. He's a charming guy.
Speaker 2: He's a very charming guy. He's very he's a great guy.
Speaker 1: Just not for me.
Speaker 2: It's just not my lobster.
Speaker 3: Well, this show is a dating show. So now we know that you're out there in the dating world.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, oh yes outside No.
Speaker 3: Wait, did I hear a rumor that you were dated with Bethany's. Oh my god, what I talk about?
Speaker 2: This is like crazy.
Speaker 3: So my last Bethany's as the one that no no, no, no, okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm in the Hamptons with my I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna rent this house in the Hamptons. I am getting my license in Texas. It's one hundred and eighty hours. I'm going to study, do my stuff, spend time with my kids. Learned to play polo, learn to do something that's like so difficult. I'm going to learn that and just really, you know, take myself out of like all my little you know, drama filled you know, environment, and just go do something that's different. And just like get excited about life again. And so you know, my daughter's like Mom, you know, she's like, you can just go on Riot. But you you know, like at the beginning when I was on Ryo, I was like, people are like, they're like, oh, just say hi to people say like hi Hi. I was like, this is not working for me.
Speaker 3: It's so it always just ends at the high like I think people just want a bigger your You're cute, cute, you liked her, and then in just the conversation ends right.
Speaker 2: When I was yeah before and I Waskeday, I was like hi Hi. I was like, what's this not happening? And so she's like Mom, She's like she's like say something like your trouble And I was like, oh, So I was like, you know whatever, I usually say aloha. That's usually my fan like aloha, and they're like are you from Hawaii. I'm like I could be like, I'm you know.
Speaker 4: Just I love trap there exactly, thank you.
Speaker 2: And so I was like, okay, I'm just you know, like and then my other friend is like she's a lawyer. She's like, it's a numbers game, just like all these guys. So I'm like okay, like like like like oh okay, like oh oh yeah, like like like like whatever. And then they you know, I'm like a loha aloha, just trying to be polite, and my my oldest starter is like, you're not supposed to do the first one. I was like, it's a loha. It's not like I'm saying like let's have sex, like and she's like, eh, you're so grown. So cut to there's this one guy that's from California, and I was like, oh, this guy looks really nice and he's like near Malibu, and I have this beautiful listening in Malibu, and so I was like I spent spent a lot of time there. And so I was like, oh, just you know in my head, you know how you're like you're like, oh, that's kind of nice. And I wasn't thinking about it. And then he was like starting to chat with me, and I was like oh okay, and he's like, we should move over to your cell phone. I was like, my what you want my cell phone number? Like how does this work? So I was like okay. I was like giving my cell phone number and then he's like like texting me at night. I was like like I'm not a night person. I'm like a morning person. So I was like, why is my phone going on? What is going on? And he was like, lah, whatever, I have kids, I have all this stuff. And so this goes on for a while and then I'm at dinner at Bill Boukay in sag Harbor. I'm hunning very bougie you guys. So we're in sag Harbor at Bill Okay, which is a beautiful restaurant, and we're all dressed up because we've gone out with for a work dinner, and my two girls were there and I walk out. He goes Kelly, and my oldest daughter is like hell, and my younger sons like I don't think you know my mom, Like we have no idea who you are. Basically like she's totally giving him the cold shoulder, and he's like Kelly, He's like, I'm a twan Riah and I'm just like and like everyone's just like and I was like, oh my god. I was like hi again, I to see you. And then my daughter's like, I'm getting ice cream bye, and I'm like I'm I'm just gonna go get ice cream, and so like I literally I'm awkwarded, this was the guy. Yeah, don't look at me like that.
Speaker 1: This was the guy.
Speaker 2: This was the guy I was texting with. So then whatever I text him. I didn't text him my best friend. My friends like she texted him and she's like, yeah, so nice to see you. We should connect because she's like you gotta like get him to connect.
Speaker 3: Right, And how long goes this?
Speaker 2: I need like three weeks ago.
Speaker 1: This is sounding like a good story to me.
Speaker 3: Then like I'm related to Bethany or not.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm gonna go I'm gonna talk past her. Okay. So so we are like I'm like, he's like texting back and forth all this stuff, and then all of a sudden, like I don't care from him for a couple of days. But I was like, oh whatever, like it's you know, I'm doing my stuff. And so then it's after Labor Day weekend and I'm in the Hampton's and on Ria it tells you where people are. I did not know this, but I found out this that it says like visiting, visiting in wherever. I was like, wow, they oh my god, you know where people are.
Speaker 4: So that's fun.
Speaker 2: So he's like, are you in Montalk and I'm like, I happened to be in Montalk doing a photos and he was like, let's meet for a drink. My kids are leaving and I was like okay. So then he I was like, oh, you know, I have to be back in New York, so I had to be in New York early. And I was like, well, we can meet for a drink, but like I'm driving two mon talk and it's spotty in the Hampton. So I was like it's either now or like basically never, so you know, and we've been like texting a lot, like he was like always texting me like and so then I was like I have to leave, like I can't be in wait for you in Bridge Hampton.
Speaker 3: So a week later, this is very dispensable.
Speaker 4: I'm here, I.
Speaker 2: Like my friend goes, wait, is this the guy that you were dating? And I'm like who what? And it just like sends me page six and it's like Brittany dating this guy and I'm like wait what. I'm like, so he's dating her and me? So I sent him a text and I'm like I'm like, oh. I was like the Hamptons is such a beautiful place, Like I hope you come back. I'm really really sorry you are a part of the dark side. And then he called me.
Speaker 5: But when he was actively dating or is actively dating Bethany Franklin, he's texting with.
Speaker 2: You, Yeah, he said that like that. She was like, I don't feel like this is going anywhere, And so then he started texting me. I'm like, so now I'm like, you're sloppy seconds no thank you to no one ever like no thank you. I'm like, oh my god, hidios.
Speaker 3: The dating world is so tough.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, so is that small of a pool to pick from here in New York?
Speaker 4: By that can happen.
Speaker 2: Even worse than I mean, first of all, like like whatever you think about her, like like her or not like her every single like almost I would personally.
Speaker 3: She's always been so kind and lovely to me with a podcasts and through dms.
Speaker 2: But like, yeah, that's amazing for you. She's been opposite to me.
Speaker 4: Oh no, awful.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: I just I love that Jane is just now getting filled in on this. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: She's like my quote unquote.
Speaker 3: Like like you guys to get along in the show, like millionaires show.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: She takes life to another level. It's whatever she can to get, like anything. She's very thirsty. So cut to She's like, so I was like, I'll meet a guy and I'll be like going on a date and he's like, oh, so your best friend. I'm like i dated her. I'm like, who's my best friend?
Speaker 4: But really, wow, Brittany, I'm like, wait a.
Speaker 2: Minute, I'm sorry, Brittany.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just a moniker. It's a moniker that was just created. Okay, got it.
Speaker 5: So I was just like.
Speaker 3: I used to want to hear but her real name, Brittany Britney Frank.
Speaker 4: It's it's yes, it is.
Speaker 5: It's just you know what, when you don't have good feelings about someone, I understand this, you just don't want to even give their name.
Speaker 4: Powers, come up with a different names.
Speaker 3: I've made up names in my book to not give people power. There you go, and legal reasons. But that's that's going.
Speaker 1: But were you interested in the guy genuinely?
Speaker 2: He was. He's a really like nice guy, like he has kids my age.
Speaker 3: Disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, oh my god, like we have like similar like you know, we're interests and I was like, Oh, that would have been fun, but I was like, you still pursue you Well, he gave me this weird phone call which is kind of like basically like if it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Work out, I'll let you know, trying to go back to Britain.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he was doing, but I was just like, I'm not interested in anything.
Speaker 3: The only thing that I will say about Ryah, which is the piece I don't like, Like I know that I was some of my friends on the time that I was on Riot up he was matching. Certain people would match with some of my girlfriends and they're like, oh, like my girlfriend Caitlin, she's lovely, and she'll be like, oh, you match with him too. I matched with him, and I'm like, oh, you can totally have him if you want. Like, I don't think there's but everyone is kind of talking to everyone until it becomes, you know, a thing. So I'm not giving him grace whatsoever. Like if he was actually in a relationship, that's messed up. But I will give grace to the guy. Where I feel like a lot of guys are called out for talking to different people if you're just dating. That's the dating world. You're talking to different people until I don't know. It's just my personal opinion. For I'm not totally bashing the dude.
Speaker 2: Like listen, Like, do I think that he's a bad person, No? But do I think that he loves housewives? Yes?
Speaker 1: He knew what he was doing. You can't.
Speaker 2: All he has to do is google and being you know what I mean, he knew exactly what the situation is, and people are googling people like I don't necessarily like to do that because.
Speaker 3: I didn't google you for I didn't know the drama, so I apolish. I just figured, like, you know, that was like kind of show made.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it was, well it was supposed to be, but then it was like life made, and I was like, this is so weird. I was like, I don't even know what's going on here.
Speaker 3: What do you think makes a person thirsty?
Speaker 2: Just constantly going after you for things or just commenting just you know, just genuinely inherently just mean things, or going after people that are like I think one of the things that at the very beginning, which we're not talking about it, but just like what I don't like in general is that going after people that are like doing good things, Like I don't go after you to say like, oh my god, like you've had three marriages, I've only had one marriage. I'm better than you. Like I'm like, oh my god, I have empathy. I'm like, oh my, there must have been something happening. So a thirsty person to someone like like goes after someone who's successful so that they can hop on that success, but then drag that person's success down so that they can kind of prop themselves up. So that's kind of how I see.
Speaker 3: It makes sense. You don't know the full picture of things, right, And.
Speaker 2: I'm always like tell me, like, yeah, you know, but then you know, I guess from being on television, people just genuinely think that you know, we know everything. I'm always like, listen, if you want me to know your story, you can send your bio to me beforehand and I'll read it. Like That's how they were. They were like, you don't know everything about me. I'm like, no, I've never even met you before. I'm trying to learn. You can give me a chance to learn.
Speaker 4: Kelly, what is the dating world? Like?
Speaker 5: You are fifty six, yes, stunning, gorgeous you there's a trend and I'm living it actually right now, where women are dating and it's perfectly acceptable dating younger men. What's your thought on that and what do you like when you're looking at who you might date. What do you give as an age range that you'd be willing to date? How low would you go?
Speaker 4: How high would you go?
Speaker 2: You know this is numberwise? Well, because like you know, I always like defer to my kids about everything because it's like there are my like, you know, life arbiters and I'm like, okay, so what is it? And they're like, mom, so like my oldest is twenty six. She's like, mom, I'm twenty six, so you can't go to thirty. I'm like, I didn't say I was going to thirty. She's like, well, some guys at thirty might like you. I'm like, well, okay, but I didn't say that. You said that, So I think like mid sixty and like, you know, mid forties is you know good, like you know, ten years younger, ten years older. I think it's like a good thing. I mean I did date one time, one guy that was fifteen years younger than me, the nicest human, I mean, he was such a smoke show God, he was so long.
Speaker 3: What happened so much? The reason was the age difference in issue and the nicest person.
Speaker 2: On the planet, it was, it was just he was just too young.
Speaker 4: He was too young. He was too young.
Speaker 3: And what made it too young?
Speaker 2: Because he was fifteen years younger than me, And that was just.
Speaker 3: The number that was bothering here was there an actual reason.
Speaker 2: For it was the number. I just felt like he was just too young. I was just like and like I went out to dinner with one time with his friends and they were all young, and I was like, this is too young.
Speaker 3: But that's like that I don't know, but I'm like, I mean, I get that the same time. Like that Ann Hathaway movie, I'm like, I just I think there's I don't want people just to focus on the number.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I love that movie.
Speaker 4: I thought was sod. I read the book I loved I loved that.
Speaker 2: I loved it. I ran to.
Speaker 3: I love that movie.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: It was a lot.
Speaker 4: He was in his twenties.
Speaker 3: I mean, but love is love, okay, right, I love it?
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: You know what the thing is too is it's like twenty years I when I was dating this guy, who was fifteen, who is just so attractive. I'll tell his name is Alejandro when he's just so attractive and what you know, he's hot with a name like so well mannered and nice and kind of attractive. He you know, he was so nice to my kids, but my kids were younger, and I just was like, I knew that he wanted more kids, and I was like, I don't know if that was going to be something that we could do, and you know, he was also you know, it was just like in his early he was thirty and so he was like, you know, just trying to like get his life started, and I just didn't think that that was like appropriate.
Speaker 1: We have so much more to talk with Kelly about when we continue our conversation. If you are single and ready to find love again, call us at one eight four four four I Do Pod. That's a eight four four four four three six seven six three, or you can email us at idopod at iHeartRadio dot com. That's idopod at iHeartRadio dot com. Or you can follow us on Instagram at I Do Part two Pod. That's I Do Part two. That's the digit two in the middle of there. I Do Part two pod and iHeartRadio podcast where falling in love is the main objective.