Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you. Thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 2: Ryan on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 1: This is Kiss FM.
Speaker 3: Happy for I Day, So good to see all of y'all. Ruby, Intern, Madison, Mikayla, Siciny.
Speaker 1: Tanya, good morning, good Mark.
Speaker 3: Good morning, engineer tubs. Everybody's here for the team effort that is the on air Ryan Seacrest broadcast. I gotta tell you a funny one. Oh, It's embarrassingly funny. So somehow I in the airport ended up needing to use the toilet, and uh, I was seated for this episode, and when I got up, there was no toilet paper in the area. And I also didn't understand the toilet. It was a strange toilet and there was a cord beside the toilet, so I pulled the cord. And as I pulled the cord, I thought I heard an alarm go off.
Speaker 1: But I had no toilet paper.
Speaker 3: So I took my pants down and you know the hot blow dryer to you use for your hands, Yeah, I turned around and used that to wash my backside down. This was all in your stall, all in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, were there not other people there to watch you.
Speaker 1: Use So here's the thing.
Speaker 3: The door was not locked, and I pulled the emergency cord and a man came in while I was hot blow drying my rear end to dry it. I had to explain that to him and what was going on. He thought I'd fallen into the toilet or something. Yeah, it was an alarm that I pulled.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for like elderly people that need Yeah, yeah, yeah, But I thought it was quite creative to wash myself down with the hand hot blow dryer since there was no toilet paper.
Speaker 4: Was there a bidday? Like, I'm confused?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, how you just what I air sink and then an air dryer?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, your own bidet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was quite flexible in your hand.
Speaker 3: I didn't know no hands were involved, but there were no pa But then the guy barges in on me in the middle of it, I'm like, what are you doing? Goes you pulled the emergency cord. I go, well, I'm having an emergency. There's no toilet paper.
Speaker 1: Wish I had a video, you would have loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, truly truly embarrassing.
Speaker 4: You need to check if there's toilet paper before you sit down on the toilet.
Speaker 3: You know I never do yeah no, and usually have to go so bad I could barely get there.
Speaker 6: Oh, I inspect like every stall and then I find like the best looking one.
Speaker 1: No I can't, I can't get it out. Sometimes that the day.
Speaker 4: That when it breaks every square, it's like in its.
Speaker 1: Inside a vault.
Speaker 7: If there's no toilet paper, you can use the seat cover.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's emergency.
Speaker 3: I've done that too, but it's not it's not funny games anyway.
Speaker 1: He wish you guys were there for that one.
Speaker 4: I don't actually yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Come on, you're laughed.
Speaker 3: But you know, sometimes you got to get survival creative, and that's what happened. So we're gonna get into free gas every hour. I'll do it. Next I'm gonna give you a whole tank of gas. And today we have free gas every hour all day on kiss stick around, because if you want to get out of this heat and go to raging waters, I'm gonna just pile on four packs all morning long. I had another one just a second here. So I do appreciate everybody who listens to this show.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 3: And even if we've never met and never called in a grateful that you're here or come here every now and then or here all the time. And I do love talking to you on the phone. I love when you call in and have a question or comment, or you need advice. I don't have any training and advice, but I just try and use practical thinking.
Speaker 1: So I like to give advice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I understand somebody here advice from me.
Speaker 4: I would love some advice from you.
Speaker 1: What's the category?
Speaker 4: The category is being a godparent.
Speaker 3: I have god kids all over the planet. How you have I have one, two, three, four? I have six?
Speaker 1: Six?
Speaker 4: You know all their names and ages and birthdays?
Speaker 1: Don't? Right now?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: So I have six? Can I be of help?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: So I have a niece and she was born in April and she is the cutest. And the other day we were at my brother in law and sister in law's house and they were like, oh, let's let's have a toast, and so they she made a very What does she make me? It was not an aperol sprits, but it was the other.
Speaker 4: One Hugo spits. Thank you, Tanya.
Speaker 6: Yeah, made me as much as Hugo.
Speaker 4: It's got some other type of liqueur in there. There's no Aperaol because there's likes die in the app.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of. I'm really actually never had. Next time you're first one or heard of the other one.
Speaker 4: Okay, Aperol's staple.
Speaker 1: You should definitely have that.
Speaker 4: I just want to have apall.
Speaker 1: Not for me.
Speaker 4: You even tasted it, It's not for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the story? Okay?
Speaker 6: Anyways, so she makes this beautiful drink and I was like, this is so nice, and then she goes, we have something we want to ask you guys, and they said, do you want to be Avery's god parents?
Speaker 4: And I started.
Speaker 6: Bawling and I was so emotional and it was so special and I thought it was a really amazing aunt Thank you.
Speaker 4: And now I'm like, I'm like I got home.
Speaker 6: And I was like, Michael, I feel like we need to buy her a gift, or we need to send flowers, or we need to do something. I'm like, I feel like I have to just like now we I don't know, like something has changed in me.
Speaker 8: What do we do?
Speaker 1: You're basically like an auntie.
Speaker 4: Well I am an auntie already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you're now to the same Avery.
Speaker 4: Yes, Avery's my niece. So now I'm gonna be your god.
Speaker 1: Your god.
Speaker 3: Oh she got godmother and so so this is interesting because I don't I'm not related to any of mind. But you're expected to celebrate birthdays, You're expected to celebrate holidays, gifting basically, and you're also expected how old is Avery?
Speaker 4: She's like just shy of three months.
Speaker 3: So every quarter you spend, you spend one on one time with her when she's a little bit older. When knows when she's a bit older about life lessons and you you are a guidance kind of person too, so not just not like a parent would, but like wisdom that you know somebody that's not related to you would talk about. Okay, and it is. I I've that's one of the things I do. I pull my god kids aside and I'll say, you know, what's on your mind? Or how are you looking at a dating school?
Speaker 4: What's on your mind is such a great question.
Speaker 3: And then you kind of give them your advice on things, and it's there there. I find them to be more open to me than their parents. And I don't tell their parents whatever. I make a deal with my god kids.
Speaker 4: I don't tell tell their parents.
Speaker 1: I don't tell their parents unless.
Speaker 6: It's something that's been important.
Speaker 3: I make my godkids feel as if they can come to me, and the conversation that we have stays with me, and they trust me and they share stuff with me.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, you're like a vault. You didn't tell anybody about the Taylor Swift invite to her wedding, so.
Speaker 1: I was not allowed to.
Speaker 4: I get it. You can be trusted.
Speaker 3: I can be trusted. Yes, so to all of my god kids. I can't wait for our next meeting. We do have a zoom at FaceTime usually because I can't be everywhere, But there you go.
Speaker 4: That's that's what I like, the quarterly meeting, like the check in, check in.
Speaker 3: Another hot day. I don't like the haste too much. Yeah, we're all going to Raging Waters. You want to tickets next on Kiss f M. Thanks for streaming on the iHeartRadio app. Thanks for listening on your smart device and your FM radio. And I got Gloria up early this morning with us at Water Village, shouting out to everybody waking up in at Water Village. So, good morning, Gloria, Hi, good morning, good morning. So you're torn between your husband and your best friend.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Well, I really need some advice on this because I'm very much stuck in the middle. So just like some contact. My husband and I've been married for eight years, and my best friend and I we've been friends for well over twenty and the three of us were out to dinner with a group of other people. Wasn't just the three of us but a couple of weeks ago. And I don't know how this happened, but somehow my husband and my best friend got into this huge argument. I don't really want to go into the details, but everybody at the table was very, very uncomfortable.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was horrible.
Speaker 9: And the next day my friend told me she doesn't respect my husband as a man and she thinks I settled when I married him.
Speaker 1: Wow, And I know.
Speaker 9: And then my my husband says he doesn't want her to be around anymore, and he thinks that I should end the friendship completely.
Speaker 10: So I don't know.
Speaker 9: I'm really why why does she?
Speaker 3: Why does she have such an awful opinion of your husband?
Speaker 9: You know, I'm kind of surprised, it seems to have. She's never said anything to me, which which was really kind of stunning. I wonder how maybe she just kept it inside and never mentioned anything, but it was. It was surprising because very I've noticed since you know, we were teenagers, we're very close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and by the way, you married the guy, so this is unnecessary conflict. You know, it's like, why is she even going there right now? You married him too late? If she wanted to tell you that I pick your battles.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's it's very it's very upsetting. And I was upset that my you know, I made vows to my husband.
Speaker 10: But I just don't know what to do.
Speaker 11: I don't know, well, I mean, I know what you can do is address it with her, to say I don't appreciate disrespecting my choice, my marriage, my husband.
Speaker 3: It's not okay. And I don't want to hear about it again. If you have a problem with that, or if you have a problem with him, we are going to have some distance.
Speaker 1: And that's what you tell her.
Speaker 4: Dang, that's harsh.
Speaker 3: It's harsh. She's the best friends harsh and rude.
Speaker 4: That No, they obviously got into a tip.
Speaker 1: What was it? What was the fight about? Was what was the fight about?
Speaker 9: Well, I don't particularly want to say necessarily, but and if I'm being completely honest, I think you were both making good points. I see both sides.
Speaker 1: But then she personally attacked your husband.
Speaker 4: But he exactly, he personally attacked her.
Speaker 1: You want to yell, yeah, we're right here.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm on your husband's side. You chose him as your partner, and I think you got to be loyal and you got to pay respect to that, and she needs to respect it. So good luck on a direct conversation with your friend about how you feel and how your marriage is your priority. And thank you for listening in atwater Village.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, thank you. Take good care.
Speaker 9: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Unnecessary conflict, like there's a reason her friend maybe is causing this conflict.
Speaker 1: Where's her envy and jealousy coming from?
Speaker 4: But then why is the husband also getting into the fight? Like that's on him too? Why is he fighting with her best friend? Come on, bro, But.
Speaker 3: The wife made the choice to marry the guy for life, so the best friends she needs to get over.
Speaker 4: It sounds like two stubborn people that just won't back down.
Speaker 3: Definitely, Tours, that's like you, And when we get stubborn with you, you don't want to back down, says.
Speaker 4: Only if I have to really prove my point.
Speaker 3: Only if I'm right. All right, listen, we're coming back here in a second. How to get your partner to open up? It's very different for men and for women. How to get them to open up? I'll tell you next a kiss. Let's talk about your partner. If you want your partner to open up and share their feelings with you a little more and be honest, right, be candid. Here are the best ways to do it. For men, if you want them to be honest and open up a little bit more, communicate a little deeper. For men, casual physical contact will instigate this. Oh yeah, and stand shoulder to shoulder with them.
Speaker 4: That's weird on a walk or something in the car.
Speaker 1: There you go shoulder to shoulder on the plane. Now for women, okay, would your partner to open up a little bit more? Active listening is key?
Speaker 4: Amen?
Speaker 3: Eye contact very important, yes, amen, And you must be face to face. You gotta go face to face right, active listening. That is something we all need to do better because I know for a fact I'm with people and somehow my brain goes off on an entire story in my head and I don't remember half of what they were talking about, and I gotta get back into active listening.
Speaker 1: We've got to do that better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Today's quote. I love these every morning. If you're here at this time, we have a quote every single morning. Here's today's. If you're going to believe the worst case scenario, you must also believe the best case scenario and give it the same space.
Speaker 4: Why do we never do that?
Speaker 1: Well, I just told you to try it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I teach my kids that.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, well teach Tanya Tanya. For seven o'clock, Donnie's got a trending report. We got to get into Nick Jonas what he did to meet Prianka, his wife.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's coming up in the second also free g ass. Next for Sistny your headlines just FM headlines with siciny Well.
Speaker 6: Investigators have identified shredded iceberg let us supplied by a California lettuce provider, as a potential source of contamination in the cyclosporiasis outbreak that is second thousands across the country. A police chase ended in the Pacific Ocean yesterday after the suspect ditched the car.
Speaker 4: And ran into the water at will Rogers Beach.
Speaker 6: The massive water main break in West Hollywood Yesterday is putting a spotlight on LA's aging water infrastructure, with official saying some of the city's pipes are over one hundred years old, and post Malone will headline the FIFA World Club closing ceremony.
Speaker 4: The show starts at ten thirty a m.
Speaker 6: Sunday morning, before the final between Argentina and Spain.
Speaker 1: Good morning, it's good to be with you.
Speaker 3: We got to more heat today and raging waters tickets but mostly sunny and all weekend, got eighties, got nineties and free gas in a moment, raging waters tickets to cool you off in a few minutes, and telling ya with a trending report. So she just asked us this, and you have we ever wondered what Nick Jonas's first message to Prianca Chopra was. I mean, before they knew each other. I'm so happy to get the conclusion what happened.
Speaker 7: So on this week's episode of their podcast, Hey Jonas, they were talking about because Prianca was their guest, and they were talking about how they first met. So Kevin had asked Nick if he had seen Prianca show Quantico. He hadn't, but he drove past this huge billboard of her face on Sunset Boulevard, decided to look her up on Twitter or net x whatever. Turns out she already followed him back, so Nick's yeah. So Nix lit into her DMS with this line. He said, Hello, I've heard for a few people that we should meet. I have to agree with these people.
Speaker 4: Are you in La anytime soon?
Speaker 1: So good?
Speaker 7: One four hours later, Preanca rot back, Hey, Graham, whom assuming is like their mutual friend. Graham's told me so much about you. Let's text more private. My team can access this fair So I wanted to just like hone in on the fact that Prianca had like zero chill. She responded after four hours, she didn't play any games, like everybody else tells everybody, you got to play the game, play the game. She didn't, she was I'm sure four hours is probably when she saw his DM. She responded right away, and I love that for her. If Parachha Choper Jonas doesn't have to play games, none of us have to play.
Speaker 1: Well well the games.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about games, these games that we have all played in the past, or people have played with us. First of all, some people believe that by playing a game of waiting days to respond creates scarcity.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 3: The feeling of scarcity right, and scarcity makes people in theory think they want more. Right, you can't get it or you can't find it. Wow, I want it. Scarcity is the concept that go for I don't like it. I don't like to contrived. Oh let me seem like I gotta create scarcity. I'll tell you what confidence is. Confidence is responding. Yeah, you want to convey confidence. Then you don't wait. You respond confidently because you want to respond, not that you want to respond, but you're gonna wait a little bit to create the scarcity. So confidence is about being able to show interest back right away.
Speaker 4: Yep, go yo, ps.
Speaker 7: I wanted to It's Prianka Chopra Jonas's birthday tomorrow, so I wanted to give her a happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday.
Speaker 4: I love that your birthday tomorrow. She's my birthday too, and that's time.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, happy birthday to you tomorrow too.
Speaker 4: I share a birthday with Prianca. I feel royal because of it.
Speaker 3: After the show, a will post show meaning to talk about what we might do the next day, and one of our producers, Mi Caleb in here a while you know michaeleb from Hinge. She pitched some things she did not know, so she said we should talk about this stuff on the air because she just found out recently while doing research for the show. These things were surprising to her, so we decided to make it into a segment called no Mickayla, come on over here. Mikayla did not know you're supposed to wash your pillow every.
Speaker 2: Month, Like do you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 12: Nope?
Speaker 1: No, in years, I do not.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've heard this, but I was like, there's no way this is true.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: It's real.
Speaker 3: I don't, And sometimes I feel like my pillow case is thirty so I sleep on the pillow without a case and that's real badurse ew things Mikayla didn't know. They're supposed to shower before you go in the pool.
Speaker 2: I've never heard this in my life.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that either.
Speaker 6: Well, sometimes if you go into like a like ana or something, they want you to rinse off the sweat before you dip into.
Speaker 3: The But why if just going to the pool, do I have to shower before you end the pool?
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's all of your oils and your sweat stuff is gonna.
Speaker 4: Get in the bottle.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that, Mikayla. Things.
Speaker 3: Mikayla didn't know you're not supposed to put hamburgers on a grill.
Speaker 2: I love a grilled burger.
Speaker 1: What do you mean like protect it with the something?
Speaker 8: I guess the juices, like in the fat or what make the flavors. So when the rips in the grill, you don't have as much flavor, so it's better.
Speaker 1: I disagree. I like to flavor. I like a charboil burger.
Speaker 6: But what doesn't it like fall through the cracks? Didn't you have a disaster Tubs on Fourth of July with your hamburger?
Speaker 4: He was like, never again? Will I grill cheeseburgers like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? True story. It's just the meat MUSHes through the grill and it sticks. It's just a mess.
Speaker 3: Well, you can get something that is on top of the grill to keep it from staking grill.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Things make Kayla did not know you're supposed to zip your zippers before washing your jeans.
Speaker 1: I did not know that. Mikayla me either.
Speaker 8: I checked my pockets to make sure nothing's in them, but I don't zip up the zip.
Speaker 6: Why because oh, it can snag break other things.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it's Mikayla didn't know you're supposed to flip and rotate your mattress, MICHAELA. I've never in my thirty two years on this planet done that.
Speaker 8: Say I'm not the only one, so I guess I have to do that this weekend.
Speaker 1: One more thing.
Speaker 3: Mikayla did not know Bananas are berries and strawberries are not berries.
Speaker 4: Come on, that's not excuse me.
Speaker 1: Bananas are berries, Strawberries are not what. Okay, I did not know that either.
Speaker 4: It has berry in the name.
Speaker 1: So what they misnamed it? They did? Who's they did? Fruits?
Speaker 3: I also not berries. Raspberries and blackberries not berries.
Speaker 4: And I don't think I could live now.
Speaker 13: And apparently no one else knew either, and no fairness, neither did I coming up raising waters tickets DJ Triple XLS in the mix and you're on kids DJ Triple XL on a Friday morning with the mix.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, brother, thank you so much for doing that.
Speaker 3: So we are gonna play a game for these raging water tickets. And this was a suggestion that came out of Kimberly and Palmdale's Hall with us.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: IM fascinated with trying to guess how many stores or chain restaurants are in specific cities in southern California.
Speaker 1: It's interesting. So here we go, which city has more?
Speaker 3: I got Miguel in Downy on the line, Miguel, thank you for listening. We're gonna play for some Raging Waters tickets here. You gotta get free right before you get free?
Speaker 1: Wrong? Okay, Okay, got it?
Speaker 3: This one is which city has more Chipotle restaurants? So I'll give it to you. Tell me which one has more Chipotle restaurants. I'm in California. Pasadena or Irvine, which has more Chipotle restaurants?
Speaker 10: I'm gonna go with Pasadena.
Speaker 3: It's Irvine. Yeah, Pasadena has three. Irvines got six. Here we go, next one, Glendale or Huntington Beach, which has more Chipotle restaurants?
Speaker 6: So, honey the beach.
Speaker 3: Glendale has three, Huntington Beach has two. Okay, I think you gotta get this one to stay in it.
Speaker 1: All right? You ready? All right?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 3: Lancaster or Corona, which has more Chipotle restaurants?
Speaker 10: Little Corona?
Speaker 1: You got it?
Speaker 3: You got it, yep, all right, that's one. Remember I said you got to get three right before you get three?
Speaker 10: Wrong?
Speaker 1: No one down?
Speaker 3: Here we go, next one. Santa Fe Springs are Woodland Hills. Which one has more Chipotle restaurants? Sanafe Springs, Woodland Hills, Woodland Hills, Sanna Spras has one shock Woodland Hills has two.
Speaker 4: It's just one off.
Speaker 1: It is fair.
Speaker 3: What fast service fast food restaurant is your choice in Downing?
Speaker 10: Actually I'm a big Chippolas fan, but I just go to the one and Downy Yeah?
Speaker 1: How many? How many? Let me ask you this question?
Speaker 3: How many Chipotles are in Downy too?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm trying to check check. Is that right? That for sure? All right? Gret, Well that I'm gonna make you the winner. You're so confident about it. Done.
Speaker 3: You have won Raging Waters tickets. Congratulations, Miguel, Thank you for listening to us. All right, I'll be looking for on Firestone Boulevard and Apollo Way.
Speaker 1: Got chapoule every other day. I got you on air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 3: It's Friday, Yeah, Friday, and it's hot, and I have free gas for you in just a second. Thanks for listening to us on KISSFM. Thanks for streaming on the iHeartRadio app. So got our intern here summer intern and she's jumping on the dating apps. And last time somebody did this here was Tanya, and I think Siciny really basically built.
Speaker 6: Like clean out some of her photos and like put different ones up.
Speaker 4: We then communicate with but I know, but first it.
Speaker 6: Was the photos and then I communicated with her what is now her husband for a few a few.
Speaker 4: Messages, no, like the entire time until I met him for a date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Madison, Madison has never been on Hinge. She has our summer intern and Cisiny has taken it upon her to curate the whatever the Hinge thing.
Speaker 4: Is project profile profile.
Speaker 3: You picked the profile, so what did you what do you have to like? What did you do for Madison for her Hinge profile?
Speaker 6: She sent me a lot of photos and I kind of went through and I picked up what I thought were the best ones to showcase Madison. She had okay with like other friends and group picks, but like I just didn't care for them as much as I did exactly, So.
Speaker 1: Why did you pick only bikini top pictures?
Speaker 4: This is what she said.
Speaker 1: She sent me, I mean, I don't everybody's in the bikini here, there's one.
Speaker 4: I mean, she's you know, free spirit, fun, fun girl.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's what you picked, and you picked also, like the main one is a picture of her in her bathroom looking in a mirror, taking a picture.
Speaker 4: Is that the main one? I think there might be one above that. Okay, I don't think that's the main one.
Speaker 1: Well why did you pick that one?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 4: I liked it.
Speaker 6: I liked her outfit in that picture, and it looks, you know, she looks great. And then I like all the other ones where it just looks like she like travels. So there's nice scenery behind her, and one with her friend.
Speaker 1: And she's drinking rose in one of them. That's great. Cover her face.
Speaker 6: Off, she's exactly drinking rose is key because it shows that she drinks. So that kind of like already eliminates that question if they if someone's swiping and curious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I got you on that.
Speaker 3: Now what do you think about how she has built your Hinge profile with these pictures?
Speaker 1: Does this represent you? Have you gotten any hits on Hinge?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Going pretty well.
Speaker 4: I've gone a few likes. I've sent a few likes, so it's going pretty well because yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, why do you pride yourself in doing this.
Speaker 4: Because I don't know. I've never got to be on dating now, and it's exciting for me.
Speaker 1: Exactly, she's never got to do it. Have you ever been on a dating app?
Speaker 2: It's my first.
Speaker 12: Ye.
Speaker 4: See new territory for the two of us.
Speaker 1: Are you great sited inter Madison, Yes, i am.
Speaker 6: I have my notifications on so it's kind of funny when it's like so and so has.
Speaker 4: Liked you, and like, have we messaged anybody yet?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: Not yet?
Speaker 6: Okay, so that's the next next and I feel like at this point I need to download the app and put it on my phone and.
Speaker 1: The responses because she's good at it. Oh yeah right yeah, and then eventually you can you know, revealed it.
Speaker 4: It wasn't you, But that's like three months into the relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, Sysney will with the guy until then, and then on your wedding day, I obviously officiate because that's what happened with Worry.
Speaker 4: Your whole life is planned out.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 3: We got inter Madison on Hinge, we got Jordan on Nectar M, we got michaelon farmer's daughter.
Speaker 1: Farmer's dog? What is it?
Speaker 4: Farmers only?
Speaker 1: She's not on that, oh farmers only? What are you want? She's raya Okay, I knew there was one a farmer's daughter. Not is there a farmer one? Farmer's dog?
Speaker 4: Farmers dogs?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 3: Oh see what happens? It's kiss FM alright. So everybody's into the Cup. Many of you you had your team in it, maybe they're out. Argentina is in it, Spain is in it. This is the final coming up on Sunday. If you're still trying to decide where to watch the World Cup Final on Sunday, there are a lot of places all over La County that are linking up with FIFA to do official watch parties, right, isn't exactly?
Speaker 6: The biggest one is the FIFA Fan Festival at the Coliseum with giant screens. Are gonna have live music, food, games, kind of like a festival feeling.
Speaker 3: Did you see I'm just thinking back to the game on Wednesday? Yeah, did you I loved when they took the live shot to Argentina in the park where the live shot of everybody celebrating together watching outside at a viewing party, so you know, when you got a team and your rooting for him, to get a bunch of people together, massive crowd, it can be fun. So if you don't want to head downtown, there are also some free parties. Bourbank's doing one. Venice Beach has got one, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Venice Beach, Downey Pomona.
Speaker 6: I think so last night, I feel like I heard EJ givingaway tickets to are the downtown Burbank one, So you might still be able to win tonight with him here on Kiss if you want to try to go to that one. But it just feels like the whole city has been celebrating the World Cup for these past few weeks and it's just brought everybody together.
Speaker 4: It's such a cool vibe.
Speaker 6: I'm like, it's giving me a really nice preview of like what the Olympics is going to feel like in twenty twenty eight, and I.
Speaker 3: Like it all RIGHTO, we need more things that are good news and more things that bring us together and don't divide us up. The next World Cup is not until twenty thirty, so we got to come up with some other ideas exactly right. I don't know what it's going to be but Sunday noon yep, yeah, first time ever World Cup's gonna get a super Bowl style halftime show.
Speaker 6: Exactly Madonna, Shakira, bts and then they added Bieber So I don't even know how they're going to fit all these acts in eleven minutes, but I'm here.
Speaker 4: To watch that halftime show.
Speaker 1: Gonna be fun to watch. And good luck to the teams.
Speaker 3: We'll see Sunday Beautiful Day one at two pointy seven KSFM on this Friday, warm and sunny and no gray or gloomer in that stuff.
Speaker 1: And thanks for being here now.
Speaker 3: Obviously, big story yesterday West Hollywood, sistany you were talking about the roads were rivers. It did a lot of damage so near Sunset and Holloway busy area about three thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: I swear you actually have somebody on the line that lives right there.
Speaker 6: I mean the water was gushene like. It looked like a river going down the street.
Speaker 1: It was a what happens a water main break?
Speaker 3: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: And JF.
Speaker 10: Is this JF you can get it is? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm great?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Jeffer? Jeff JF it.
Speaker 10: Is days It's like JFK without the.
Speaker 1: K got it all right?
Speaker 3: Well, JF, thank you for reaching out to us this morning. So you live right where this all happened, at Sunset and Holloway.
Speaker 10: I live basically at the epicenter. I'm the one building that got hit the hardest yesterday morning.
Speaker 3: So I think if you're building the news because it was like crazy, the flooding and the parking underground, what did you see and how are you doing well?
Speaker 10: I'm doing okay. Well, look, let's be honest, it's Friday. I'm always doing good on Fridays, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm rather resilient. But yesterday morning of having to get a wake up call at five am to look outside and to see this torrent coming down the streets was absolutely alarming. I'm sure Ryan, you're probably perfectly aware of waking up early in the morning seems like to be like a routine, but waking up in a panic is a completely different way of starting your day.
Speaker 1: And are you on the ground floor seeing all this coming at you?
Speaker 10: Yeah? So I live on the bottom floor, but I don't face the street. I'm just a couple of basically apartments that are down the hall. So I didn't get hit as hard as some of my you know, my neighbors, fortunately, but the amount of destruction that has taken place on the streets in the apartment around me was absolutely insane and really really heart wrenching to see exactly what some of my neighbors are having to go through.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. And in your car I heard was destroyed.
Speaker 3: And so if you can picture, you know what Crumberley has done, crunchy thin top on it and it breaks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what the street looks like, exactly.
Speaker 4: Top of like a sinkhole.
Speaker 1: But it's the.
Speaker 10: Thin layer of that it is, you know. And to be honest with you, like I was able to look through the garage door to try to see if I could find my car, and it wasn't even in the spot where it was hard.
Speaker 1: So they washed away.
Speaker 10: They basically just looked like all of the cars in the parking lot had turned into pool floaties and we're just you know, in different locations, as though they were playing bumper car all by themselves.
Speaker 3: So wait, speak of your car, what do you do? Who covers your car? The insurance LEDWT.
Speaker 10: Well, obviously, you know, we have to cut we have to make sure to call up our insurance policies to make sure that they're aware of the situations. The LA Department of Water and Power came knocking on our doors around eleven am, only to be followed up later on in the afternoon by the City of West Hollywood. So many people have come knocking on our doors just to make sure that we have the right type of that we're in touch with the HOA yeah, yeah, yeah, multiple, it's multiple cooks in the kitchen, but at the same time, it does feel as though that there there are people in place to help assist all of us through having to go through this.
Speaker 4: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for if you are.
Speaker 3: You're just a kind hearted, resilient as you said person, JF, and we appreciate you calling in. I'm glad you're okay, and sorry for the disruption and the chaos it's now, but good luck to you, my friend.
Speaker 10: I really appreciate it. You guys have a fabulous weekend.
Speaker 1: Thank you to JF. Bye bye.
Speaker 3: I'm just floting through more and more images as the story keeps coming out of how crazy that was in the middle of this city.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and especially all those apartments and condos that have underground parking on that street got affect the problem exactly. So that's a lot of water that went down and damaged probably multiple cars.
Speaker 1: All right, JF there in West Hollywood. Thank you for calling.
Speaker 3: With Ryan Seacrest, got our weekend watchless And then I have a question for you that is an adult question, so I'll ask you a second.
Speaker 1: First, tell me what's on your weekend? Watch? This isn't it?
Speaker 6: I am watching The Five Star Weekend. Okay, it is now streaming on Peacock's on Peacock. Yes, I have to think about which one it is. I always forget which streamer. Anyways, it's Jennifer Gardner and she plays this celebrity food blogger who invites a friend from every chapter or every era of her life to this weekend getaway. So it's kind of an interesting concept. So that's why it's called the Five Star Weekend. These are her five Stars. So it's someone from her past, from my childhood. It's a friend that she met in college. It's a new mom friend. And so it's kind of interesting, like how they all kind of like intertwine or don't intertwine?
Speaker 7: Piece I was missing I started trying to watch this and I was like, are they even friends? These people don't even seem like they know we're like each other.
Speaker 4: Through the EPs.
Speaker 1: But I like it?
Speaker 10: What I like it?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Mind like it?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: Because starts to become some twists and things that you just can't believe are happening, and you get invested.
Speaker 4: Eight episodes are streaming now in Peacock, Tania.
Speaker 1: What's on your weekend watch list?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 7: Mine's Lord of the Flies on Netflix. I don't know if you have seen this, but they basically took so it's based on the classic book A plane crash leaves a group of English school boys stranded on a remote island.
Speaker 4: It looks so good, it looks beautifully shot.
Speaker 7: There are four episodes that are streaming now on Netflix and I'm definitely gonna watch that this weekend.
Speaker 1: Ruby, What is on your weekend watch list?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: I can't wait to watch this.
Speaker 14: It's called Lost in the Jungle on Hulu and Disney Plus, and it's a documentary chronicling the miraculous true story of four young siblings who survived forty days alone in the Amazon rainforest after a twenty twenty three plane crash. And again, that's streaming I remember this story. Yes, it was all over the news.
Speaker 1: So now they have like you know, I.
Speaker 2: Believe they talked to the kids actually about how they survived.
Speaker 6: Because they were like the oldest one was like what sixteen and the youngest one was one. Yeah, so they all survived forty. It's insane, all right.
Speaker 1: So I have a question for you. Look not off topic, but kind of.
Speaker 3: Let's say that you're in your room and you're with your girlfriend, boyfriend, whatever, and you're making out, and you want something on in the background, just for sound and visual, but something that doesn't have explosions and gunfiring. Every time I put on something, if I'm making out with somebody, all of a sudden, it's like jarring shootings and explosions and screaming.
Speaker 4: Because you watch like Yellowstone and like, well.
Speaker 1: This is Berlin. I put Berlin on. That's what it was.
Speaker 4: But would you put on TV? Why not put on music?
Speaker 1: Khalid is sometimes I don't have time to do. I gotta go.
Speaker 3: You gotta make it happen, you know, And it's but what's good background TV for making out?
Speaker 4: I don't no, because I don't put TV on.
Speaker 1: Well, somebody out there has got it.
Speaker 6: No, let's seem because the TV.
Speaker 3: The TV is like the right light. You know, you have the lens of the candle. I light a candle too, but you gotta have a little TV lights nice.
Speaker 4: I gotta go over and say off campus might be good.
Speaker 1: Really, I just can't have shootings and explosions.
Speaker 4: Everything they have like good soundtrack. It's like easy all right, like Gump forcet Gump has a great soundtrack.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I can't. I need to find somebody's like.
Speaker 4: Maybe something not geo okays want to.
Speaker 1: Look at bears and dolphins and here's the animal. I have had problems. I get thrown out of the moment with all these things that are The.
Speaker 4: TV is a bad idea. It's distracting. Turn it off, light a candle, ask Siri to put on some sexy tunes and you're done. Not right now, series trying to lead or her.
Speaker 3: Series putting on sexy tunes for well, you didn't help me, maybe my nose. Feel free to reach out, send us a talk pack. It is going to be super hot this weekend. I mean that's the time of year we're in. So if you want to get out and do something, do hydrate. You gotta you gotta drink a lot of water. Bring some water with you. But the World Cup Final, obviously we're talking about earlier Argentina in Spain Sunday at noon, the halftime shows BTS, Shakira, Madonna and Bieber. The official FIFA fan zones are going up in San Pedro, Exposition Park, Pomona and downtown Burbank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it could be fun.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 3: The Orange County Fair that's a great one. It opens today, so if you are ready for your deep fried Oreos and pork up Palooza Pizza not the pork Palooza, Pizza Porka Palooza Pizza's coming back. Orange County Fair and Coasta Mesa. Those are the Love Long Beach Festival. This is where you go just talk about love. No, it's it's on the waterfront with multiple stages of live music, local food trucks, craft beer, and open air yoga sessions.
Speaker 1: Is love Love Now?
Speaker 3: Another thing for hots on the California weekend A Taste of Paris Music Festival. That's a so cal Paris notably original foods. There tastings, local restaurants, live outdoor music, and then you got Monster Jam at Crypto Arena. Oh yeah, Grave Digger. I don't know El Toro Loco. Who's gonna take a classroom crusher?
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 3: It's all going down at Krypto for my ideas, anybody want to add to anything.
Speaker 4: I'm beating the heat and I'm going to be on an island to Catalina.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, tiny subburn of birthday, din't my happy birthday?
Speaker 4: Thanky birthday?
Speaker 3: MICHAELA going to this fhear again I see the Backstreet Boys. Lucky you're nineteenth time. I mean, seriously, still, I've never even been to this sphere. Come well, okay McKayla, you're going to roll out to the Sphere in Vegas. That's going to get people talking.
Speaker 4: Didn't you say you wanted to see the Backstreet Boys?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been trying to see the Backstreet Boys at the Sphere ever since they started being at the Sphere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a nine chance to do you August Now.
Speaker 1: I heard one of the Backstreet Boys told me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually exactly, Jordan is in the back room officiating this weekend a youth basketball game in Granada Hills. Let's go Jordan's Yes, see what you got you got skills. You got referee skills.
Speaker 4: I do because I'm not tall enough to actually play in the pros.
Speaker 1: So you wear a whistle, that's so cute.
Speaker 12: I wear a whistle. I wear the black and white, got the black basketball shorts.
Speaker 1: Are you are you calling physical? Are you calling physical contact? Of course?
Speaker 12: I literally last weekend I was roughing too and I had to give a coach a technical foul because he tried to yell in my face.
Speaker 1: And I was not your face, Jordan Well, so I called a charge.
Speaker 4: For his player.
Speaker 12: He obviously did not agree, and it was a it was like a really intense tournament game, and he just got in my face and I had to tell him, ay man, listen, I'm not doing this with you today, please, And I gave him a warning at first because he was yelling from the sides, and then this time he came.
Speaker 4: On the court, I had to tell him, no.
Speaker 1: Did you blow the whistle?
Speaker 4: I did, and I did the tea the whole tea.
Speaker 1: Things, tea, You're out.
Speaker 12: I felt like such a boss. I actually have never done. That was my first time giving a coach of tea like in their face.
Speaker 1: This weekend, I'm five to three Yeah, where's the referee?
Speaker 12: Was?
Speaker 1: Where's that? What'st coming from? Have fun and we come back with Ray Waters. Take us next.
Speaker 3: This is Kiss on a Friday and we're out. So we're back Monday with a Ryan's Roses. Also doing something well. Driving reduces stress, poosh your immunity. It makes you a better driver. I'll tell you about that. We have more free gas coming up Old day to day and kiss bye bye.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again Monday