Speaker 1: Hey, you found the Brook and Jeffrey Second Date podcast. We're so happy you're here. Yea even more exciting, we officially broke top twenty. I know comedy podcast charts.
Speaker 2: Which means you guys are like us and you binge and you've been binging us, so we appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Hours of your life wasted it. Yeah, and don't forget to tag us in your Spotify wrapped Yeah. Yeah, the stories TikTok wherever you want to post it. Yes, all the Emmy back on there, all them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna get a bunch of dudes posting now.
Speaker 1: It's at Brook and Jeffrey. All right, let's start this second date.
Speaker 2: The second date update. A good sign at the end of a first date is a kiss, oh yeah, maybe a short conversation that mentions, hey, this was fun. We should do it again, maybe with less clothes next time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great direct way to say it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: A potential bad sign at the end of a date is when one party cuts things off a little bit short and the other party reacts by accusing them of lying. Oh now, our listener Luke didn't go quite that far, but he came right up to the edge of calling her out, and I want to hear the story from him. So, Luke, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, are you still really angry, Luke, because I don't know if we should do this call?
Speaker 1: If that's your headspace, No, this kind of bad.
Speaker 4: And I was like really excited, had a good time, so I was just a little disappointed.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, all right, So who is this girl that we're going to be calling here? What's her name?
Speaker 4: Her name's Ivy And we met online?
Speaker 5: Okay, and why were you poison Why were you so excited about Ivy?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, we were chatting for a little bit after we had like met, and like we were trying to figure out what we could do, but it was so hot. But we both like, man, we should do something cool, maybe something with water or maybe something with eye.
Speaker 5: Oh, freezer, date, I mean I get it, Like that makes sense. You don't want to be sweating your entire date. It's not a good look.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really wasn't. But I ended up seeing this TikTok video with this guy actually baked a cake in his car because it was so hot outside.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, whoa, I just saw someone do a lasagna in a mailbox?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Yes, what happened with?
Speaker 1: You don't need one anymore?
Speaker 2: So what'd you guys do? Make a charcoterie board in a freezer?
Speaker 1: So did you guys bake a car cake?
Speaker 4: Well, we were wondering if it was like fake or you know, there's no way we could really do it, and so we actually did try it.
Speaker 1: You date, did it work?
Speaker 2: I actually think that's fun?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I thought it was fun and she was down for it too, which I was like super excited about, and so I went I picked her up.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, Okay, we got the.
Speaker 1: Cake, Mick.
Speaker 4: We put it in a try in my car and we left it out in the sun for like maybe about an hour later, and then when we checked it it was actually baked.
Speaker 5: Shine way, dude, It's like and now you have cake to eat.
Speaker 2: It's great and your car smells amazing eight days after that too. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't need to buy any of those like cinnamon air fresheners for a long time.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, what kind of cake did you do? Chocolate funfetti?
Speaker 4: Who? It turns out both of us our favorite cake is red velvet.
Speaker 1: Oh you have a shared cake love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we tried it and it tasted really really good.
Speaker 5: Weird, So this is such a fun date, but it's like daytime, right, So it's not like she's probably gonna stay the night or anything.
Speaker 2: It's wondering where does the booze come in?
Speaker 5: No, it's just like, I mean, it's more casual that way when you're in the middle of a day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so I knew she wasn't going to end up staying the whole night, but then she was kind of like, oh, I have to take off. Yeah, this was kind of abrupt really.
Speaker 1: I mean at that point, you've probably been hanging out for two hours, right, Yeah, it is big account of.
Speaker 5: Some people just want to leave, like when the timings right, because if you overstay then that should be a bad look too.
Speaker 2: You know, did you have an excuse for like why she needed to take off?
Speaker 4: She did. She was like, oh, my dog hasn't been feeling well.
Speaker 2: That's hard to argue with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but see. Now what was weird is that nowhere on her dating profile or none of her pictures did she even mention having a dog.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you think she's lying about the dog?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I just kind of thought it was weird because, like, we chatted for a while online and at no point did a dog come up.
Speaker 2: That is odd because most people with dogs have to tell you about them in the first time their profile picker something.
Speaker 5: Come on, why would she lie about a dog. There's so many other excuses she could have used.
Speaker 4: But now what happened was that she said her dog was sick, and so I was like, oh, man, I didn't know you had a dog. And then she says, oh, yeah, his name.
Speaker 1: Is sprinkle Sprinkle. Okay, she's staring at a cake.
Speaker 4: We had just put sprinkles on the plot.
Speaker 2: His name is red Velvet car.
Speaker 1: How my kids come up with me?
Speaker 2: You know, it's a pretty big coincidence there.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's what I thought. It just seemed way too coincidental. But I just didn't even call her out, And so I even told her. I said, Okay, well I'll drive you home, but she was like, oh no, i'll uber but Hi, your car is like super hot.
Speaker 1: You did just make a cake here, Yeah, but that's why I want to ride it in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you talked to her at all since the date happened?
Speaker 4: No? I mean she hasn't. I've tried to text her a couple of times, nothing about the dog, but I just have got nothing bad.
Speaker 1: Huh. Yeah, that is weird.
Speaker 2: The first thing I'd ask is how's your dog doing? She should say good, bad, whatever.
Speaker 1: It definitely seems like she wants nothing to do with you. Yeah, but you know that's.
Speaker 4: What we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: We're gonna play a song, come back, and we're gonna try and let you have your cake and eat it too. Your second date up.
Speaker 1: A cliche, right, but yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, on a scale of one to ten, Luke, how impressed were you by that?
Speaker 4: I'd have to say maybe about a six. I'd pay seven if I wasn't so sad it was this girl, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna do second date update right after that. Hold on second date update. The first date that we just heard about has all the ingredients that we love, Okay, viral TikTok videos, homemade red velvet cake, yeah, and a sick dog named Sprinkles about the Well, don't feel bad. It's probably just a made up dog. Because Luke and Hiss date Ivy attempted baking a cake inside his car on a hot day, and afterwards, she suddenly claimed that she had to go and check on her sick dog sprinkles, which Luke thought was a little bit suspicious because she never mentioned having a dog before that and they just finished putting sprinkles on top of their cake. Yeah, yes, so was that just an excuse or was it an actual emergency. We're about to call her and try and find out, Luke. We're gonna put the frosting on this segment here. Unfortunately, Jose's already licked the spoon. Is that still cool with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fine. I just man, I'm really hoping that she and I are able to get reconnected, because I really like this girl.
Speaker 1: If she's lying, she's a terrible liar.
Speaker 5: You know, you.
Speaker 1: Can't even go with Bella like I mean, that's the easiest dog name.
Speaker 2: Ever, you know, Yes, I have a dog named Bella. Luke, do you think we should just call her a liar as soon as she picks up the phone?
Speaker 4: No, because I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's your call, it's your second date.
Speaker 5: It's not bad to date a bad liar, you know. Then you always know when it's the good liars.
Speaker 1: You don't want to.
Speaker 2: We're gonna try and find out that answer right now. I'm just gonna dial her number. Here we go.
Speaker 5: You're gonna feel dumb if the dog answers the phone better be barking in the background, coughing.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Ivy?
Speaker 3: Yes speaking? Is it hi?
Speaker 2: Ivy? My name is jeff I'm an assistant with the veterinary Clinic. I'm calling to see how Sprinkles is responding to the antibiotics.
Speaker 1: Okay, right out the gate.
Speaker 2: Wait what huh your dog Sprinkles? Oh no, did Sprinkles go to the big fire hydrant in the sky. I'm so sorry?
Speaker 3: What going on, guys?
Speaker 2: Ivy? So I'm not actually from the vet clinic. We're on You're on the radio right now with a morning show called Brook and Jeffrey. We would be the funnest vet clinic. Four people calling.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm like, why are you guys laughing? What is going on?
Speaker 2: We're doing something called a second Date Update. We're trying to get some answers for one of our listeners named Luke, who you went out with recently.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Luke, right right, girl?
Speaker 1: Why are you lying to Luke.
Speaker 3: Listen, guys, I mean I made up a pretty bad lie just to get out of where I was.
Speaker 2: Luke was kind of onto you. He noticed that at the end of the day you seem a little panicked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I checked it in Wait to Go. I mean, did he tell you what happened? Or like, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean we know, we know a little bit about the day. We know that you guys went and tried baking a cake together inside of his car to see if it really worked, based off of a viral TikTok video.
Speaker 1: Which we thought sounded like a really fun date.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, listen, Initially I was completely gained. But did he tell you anything about his grandparents?
Speaker 1: His grandparents?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, does he live with them or something?
Speaker 3: So he picked me up and I thought we were going back to his house. So I was a little shocked. And he opened the door and I see two old people sleeping in a rocking chair. You know. He wakes them up, and he goes, hey, meet my grandma and my granddad, And I'm like, wait.
Speaker 1: What better the parents though?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You feel like that, like does he take care of his grandparents? Is that why he lives with them?
Speaker 3: He doesn't live with them. We were just visiting.
Speaker 2: It sounds like they didn't even know that you guys were coming.
Speaker 3: No, so here's the thing. Really demands his grandmother to make a cake.
Speaker 1: Wait what whoa? I thought YouTube made the cake.
Speaker 3: No, she did. And then the thing is he didn't even bring any ingredients and he just like, oh, we need to make it. Hey, blah blah blah, and so horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think they're like in their nineties. It's not like they're like seventy something. They were really all feeble. And he's over there like cracking whips, and his grandmother.
Speaker 1: She's like, I can't grip the spoon.
Speaker 3: I wanted to help. I mean I even offered, and he kept interrupting and go, no, no, no, let her do it. She needs to say active stop.
Speaker 1: No he did it.
Speaker 2: So basically, did grandma at least seem happy to make a nice little cake for her grandson.
Speaker 5: You can't cps for grandparents that we can call worried about.
Speaker 3: So that wasn't even the worst part. Guys. When the timer went off and he decided to go check on the cake, we went outside and I opened the car door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it.
Speaker 3: Was super hot in the car, you know, and I said something like, it's not like an oven in here, and he reached around and touched my stomach and said he can't wait to put a bun in the Oh.
Speaker 4: The hell.
Speaker 3: I melted like I was, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Maybe he just meant the cake.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like you could stay in the kitchen where you blow. You know, it's like, what the hell is going on? This guy sucks.
Speaker 2: I hate to say this, but we didn't tell you. Mister muffin man is on the other line himself, and he wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Are you there?
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you have to talk to him, Luke.
Speaker 3: There, it went through all that you're putting me.
Speaker 2: We didn't know, Luke, talk to your future baby mama.
Speaker 5: Yeah, family, Yeah, what the hell?
Speaker 4: Luke? I okay. I like the thing is I knew my grandma was going to have the stuff for the cake.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So does the grocery store, Luke. That's where you go to get it.
Speaker 2: That's the part that you're the most upset about. What about the butt in the oven? Yeah?
Speaker 3: All of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just starting from the beginning.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 4: I think that was a sweet thing to say. You know what it means, I'm like looking into the future.
Speaker 2: I could see that. And you know a lot of the times when you're around your grandparents, they're pressuring you. They're like, hey, when are you gonna give me some grandkids?
Speaker 3: So it probably just say that on the first date. Are you serious? I'm like petrified of you and getting anything.
Speaker 4: In put in my oven?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I guess the second date, maybe it would have been a better movie five years.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 5: I have two kids with my husband, and if he did that to me, I'd still be grossed out, like, y, like, don't touch my ovens?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, my kitchen, his clothes right now?
Speaker 5: Thank you? Wow.
Speaker 1: I just want like, can you never talk to a woman before? Like do you not know?
Speaker 5: Look?
Speaker 4: I just okay, Maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to say.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was.
Speaker 4: I was trying to be cute or sweet.
Speaker 3: But oh no, And then your grandparents are like ninety something years old, and you know they're cracking whips and making her do all these things.
Speaker 1: It is a lot.
Speaker 2: I did not crack oh with it was a dish towel. It's different.
Speaker 3: Oh, my god, I'm not you see why Now we didn't.
Speaker 2: Know any of this.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the thing. My grandmother loves baking cake. She was a baker when she was younger. Oh yeah, and byles away. Last time I tried to help her make a cake by cracking the egg, she slapped my hand with a frigging wooden.
Speaker 5: Spoon because you said something rude at the same time.
Speaker 2: I mean, you didn't say you wanted to put a bun in your grandma's oven, did you. Oh, my god, to help her with the cooking, because she can't bend down to reach the oven. It's a back that's.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 1: That oven doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, at this point, let's just get to the end of this and let me ask Ivy, would you are we going to do that? You can't get any worse than what happened on the first date, so that on the second day there's nowhere to go but up, and we'd like to pay for it.
Speaker 3: No, thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was polite.
Speaker 2: I did not see this coming.
Speaker 3: I want to say hell now, but I'll be nice. No, thank you?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Luke, you can't be shocked with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess it would have been nice to know about the grandparents before we called Ivy and had that sprung on us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the oven line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they both were important, you know, like we did a little TikTok challenge. We bonded over it, and she lied about her dog to get out of it.
Speaker 2: I know this didn't work out quite that well for us, but Luke, maybe your grandma would like to make a cake for our morning show. She needs to stay act different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, feel bad about that.
Speaker 5: I mean, okay, your grandpa brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I think that was actually kind of our fault that we didn't get the second date there?
Speaker 4: What are you?
Speaker 1: I'm not taking blame for that. We need to go with your fault, not my fault.
Speaker 2: None of us in here asked him, did you bake the cake at your place? Did you bake it at her place? Where did this date actually happen? Because he would that's us. That's on us for just assuming, because he would have told us that it was at his grandparents. But we never asked the question.
Speaker 5: No, you don't ask did you go to your grandparents house and force your ninety year old grandmother to make the cake?
Speaker 1: It's just not that's a very natural question.
Speaker 2: Absolutely the first question we should have thought of. So now what happened now? Not only is the egg and the bowl, there's an egg on all of our faces and buns and ovens all over the place.
Speaker 1: God, I bet they're better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is on something and make sure. Yeah, let's all get tested. So no second date.
Speaker 5: There, But I don't think he's going to get a second date in the future anytime soon either.
Speaker 2: And yeah, going forward, though, we promised to ask all the important questions, where your parents were, where your grandparents were, what weird questions were asked? Any odd references for any future second date update that we do.
Speaker 4: I have a bad feeling next time someone's like, oh, well we ate a casserole, we're gonna be like, no, we know what happened.
Speaker 2: Grandma baked it didn't it Because we're better investigators. We're all better now. So email us if you ever want to get a second date update. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back.