Speaker 1: I don't know what the best part of this segment is today. It's either the intro that Jeff sings or the funny stories people give us. I know, yeah, it's your second Date Up Day podcast. But today we are gonna give you a textual healing. I already seen j just a song in my head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: It's really good. It's gonna get stuck in your head, I promise. But that's where when someone has maybe a text issue that they don't know how to solve, we jump in to the rescue and help them send the perfect text so perfect in you know, yeah, roughly perfect. Yeah. I used their quotes. Yeah, but we always like to start with your comments.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I saw one from Jasmine who said I need more. I love to hear you guys, You all together are the best. You all can't leave the program because I want to hear you. When I'm in my eighties with a hearing aid.
Speaker 1: Oh god, one hundred and twenty years old, and what we're fine? Will we do it all the same thing? Imagine all that I'm here with hearing as Jeff's gonna need one in like two years ago. How loud he listens to his headphone.
Speaker 4: By the way, he always be young, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Yeh A good point.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 1: And by the way, if you really love this podcast and you do actually want more, I'm not just saying I'm not gonna say what's wrong with you? I'm going to say we do a full hour podcast as well. If you're on Spotify, you can hit the more like this button, Or if you're on YouTube or another channel, you can just find brook and Jeffrey on the don't you get an hour of us every day? You get more? Yeah, So if you don't want that avoided at all costs, let's get this textual healing started.
Speaker 2: So we got a message from a listener just a few minutes ago that we ranked a Code nine emergency.
Speaker 4: Wait, what are the codes? I never learned the code?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but N nine feels high. Is it a nice?
Speaker 2: It's almost as dire as the Code sixty nine I responded to yesterday under the bridge to Brooks House.
Speaker 1: Wow, that one your business?
Speaker 2: I know the real reason it broke in the first place. One of our list and her says that she's in a weird, complicated situation that's turned her life completely upside down. And she's panicked and felt like she had no other options, which is why just minutes ago, she stole her roommate's cell phone and is now sitting in her car outside their apartment waiting for us to help her.
Speaker 1: That is, that's upside down in a bad way, not like in your way.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find out what would make her need to steal her friend's phone when we do a textual healing coming up next, text you will he then text you wo. So we got an urgent DM this morning at Brooke and Jeffrey saying, this is a textual emergency something about a woman who's locked herself in her own car with her roommate's cell phone. Wait what, I don't know anything other than that, so let's bring her on.
Speaker 1: Can you breathe?
Speaker 2: Terry, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hi. Sorry, I'm just freaking out.
Speaker 1: You're freaking out?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I've just been upset the last three times that I've come home to meet my boyfriend at my place. He's been there before me. Okay, I come in the door right, and my boyfriend's standing there looking kind of guilty and awkward, and I don't know. My roommates there too, and he's act feared.
Speaker 1: Okay, slow down, slowed down? How long have you been? Like? Who's your boyfriend? I guess is the first question?
Speaker 2: Is he a famous boyfriend that we would know?
Speaker 1: I just we're going to be talking about him. We need to know what his name is?
Speaker 2: Sure? What does your boyfriend have a name?
Speaker 5: Yeah, his name's Alex.
Speaker 2: Okay, And so Alex is getting home to your apartment before you, and that's unusual behavior.
Speaker 5: It's just the way that he's there and she's there and they're acting really weird and guilty something.
Speaker 3: How you chose to lock yourself in the car?
Speaker 1: How long have you.
Speaker 2: Think that my own car? And I don't know about the door?
Speaker 4: I have the keys.
Speaker 1: Wait wait you guys?
Speaker 2: So okay, So you're you're suspicious of your boyfriend and your roommate that something's going on between them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean like it makes me feel like they're hooking up. And look, I didn't want to believe it, but then, you know, I started thinking more about it.
Speaker 1: And Okay, so how long have you been dating him?
Speaker 5: We've been dating for three years.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a long time.
Speaker 2: So have you confronted either one of them about what you think might be going on. Have you brought it up to your roommate or to your boyfriend? You did?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did oh?
Speaker 5: That was the first thing I did. I asked my boyfriend about it, and of course he denies it. But he started lasting, like really nervously, and he said it was ridiculous of me to think that I and that I'm the only one for him. You know, YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 1: Is there something that's like, why don't you believe that?
Speaker 5: I just have this weird feeling that you lie?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, and guys are not very good at lying. I will say that we're like, what roommate?
Speaker 4: You're a roommate.
Speaker 2: I've never even seen another work since friends.
Speaker 3: I feel like, you know, when you walk in on someone too, they all like scatter really fast.
Speaker 1: All I thought half naked when you walk in.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I've just been going crazy, and you know, I want to know, like if it really happened, or am I being obsessed for reasons?
Speaker 1: Okay, take a deep breath. I mean, one thing, you've been dating this guy for three years. I mean I assume he and your roommate are pretty good friends, right, they're clothes.
Speaker 5: I guess for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so you wanted us to do a textual healing to help you with this, I what do you want to do here?
Speaker 5: Look? I figured that this is the only way to know for sure if something happened. This happened like five minutes ago. My roommate was on her phone, put it down to go to the kitchen, and while it wasn't locked, and I just grabbed it and ran out of my car.
Speaker 2: So wait, wait, you stole your roommate's phone.
Speaker 1: Have you read anything an.
Speaker 5: Get No, I've been a little freaky out. Listen. My idea is that I'm going to text my boyfriends little her phone, pretending to be her. I love it.
Speaker 1: This is I like, I mean, Alexis is onto something? Do they already have a thread going? Do they have a text thread without you?
Speaker 5: The last few text seems a little weird and off again. It's just everything's making you think that there's something going on.
Speaker 4: I could be deleting the bad text.
Speaker 5: It says I'm coming over, and that was him sending it to her, Like why would he send that?
Speaker 1: Sound?
Speaker 2: Does she respond to that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Hard eyes?
Speaker 5: She just sent the thumbs up.
Speaker 2: That's worse than hard eyes.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's an old woman.
Speaker 5: May down though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's less communication.
Speaker 2: It is a lot to jump to the conclusion though, just based on the text.
Speaker 4: Acting weird too. The physical actions is what makes it weird.
Speaker 1: You know, I would think it's weird not to jump to that conclusion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm getting that feeling like I just walked into a room of people with half of their clothes on getting really excited.
Speaker 1: Is that bad?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's been in this situation.
Speaker 2: I bet Terry, you want our help to come up with a text from your roommate to your boyfriend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I need you guys to go quick because I think she's gonna realize that she's never her phone and I don't know how long we have.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brooke, you have an idea. What do you say as the guilty roommate?
Speaker 1: I would say, I think she knows. Do you see what I'm saying, because you're coming from the roommate, I think she knows.
Speaker 2: I'm freaking out right now?
Speaker 1: Sure? Sure, I like it. And just see what his response is, because if it's innocent, he'll be like, knows what right? Like he'll just right back and be like, I don't know what you're talking about. If he's not innocent, oh crap, yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, Or I'll just send a thumbs down emoji.
Speaker 2: All thumbs and fingers.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay emoji.
Speaker 2: Maybe put the wide eyes shocked emoji at the end, like I think she knows I'm freaking out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, that sounds good out.
Speaker 1: Okay, God, dude, this sucks because if he's cheating, it's with your roommate and you're friends with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And if he's not, now you're like that overly protective girlfriend that like worries about every time that he's alone.
Speaker 1: With somebody and steals other.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, you sent it.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have to play a song first, but when we come back, they get.
Speaker 1: A fast song.
Speaker 4: We don't have a lot of time a song.
Speaker 2: And then we'll see if your boyfriend responded and if he really did cheat on you with your roommate. When we continue to test her, you like, I hope it's not true. We'll find out. Right after this. We have a young woman named Terry on the phone with us, who reached out while she's locked inside her car. Now, don't worry. She wants to be locked in it because she's hiding. She's hiding from her roommate outside of their apartment with her roommate's phone because she believes that there's a chance her boyfriend could be cheating with her room mate.
Speaker 1: I don't like this, and I don't like that a roommate and her boyfriend already had a text rag growing on their own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the threads was basically like telling her when I'm coming over, which is not something that you usually text to your girlfriend's roommate. So now Terry wants our help to text her man on her roommate's phone, pretending to be her, to see if he's going to admit to doing anything.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did he write back?
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 2: Before we get there, we should mention Terry didn't ask to be on Textual Healing this morning, but she did just email us for help in a panic. It just kind of worked out that this segment fit right into place.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the text messages.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey, I don't.
Speaker 2: Understanding what's going on. You just care about the drums.
Speaker 6: I mean, somebody else thought they were doing textual healing today and we kind of kicked him to the curve.
Speaker 2: This was more important.
Speaker 6: So sorry for the other person who thought they were doing to be on the show.
Speaker 2: The first thing that we texted to Terry's boyfriend from her roommate's phone was, oh my god, him freaking out. I think Terry knows wide eye emoji. And Terry, did your boyfriend respond to that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? He responded and said, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: No, that's bad.
Speaker 6: That means they've talking about They've practiced this so many times.
Speaker 4: You know, when he's getting caught, he's not.
Speaker 1: He doesn't think he's getting caught. He thinks he's talking to the roommate.
Speaker 2: No is saying we're caught, and he's going You could take that sentence either way, like he could just be playing into it, or he could actually be panicked, like what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, how you say? That's a good point.
Speaker 1: This is what you do back to him, You say, what do you mean? What am I talking about?
Speaker 2: And he's gonna, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: What do you mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just do that back and forth.
Speaker 5: I feel like I feel like it has to be something better than that. I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't find I try.
Speaker 4: We can confirm that they have met up. He's said, I'm coming over, so.
Speaker 6: You can say about us meeting behind her back.
Speaker 1: You know, that's but that's not. But what we need to get into is the questions, because we need to hear from him. We need him to admit that he is cheating, and if we keep making statements that never opens the door for him.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea. Maybe we should pressure him to admit something by saying I'm going to tell her today, and that forces him to respond.
Speaker 5: I think that's good. I think that's good.
Speaker 4: He text me back in great detail what we've been doing to tell him.
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, but maybe more vague than that. Maybe it's just like, I'm sorry, the pressure is getting to me. I just want to tell her what happened.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's actually really good, Jeff.
Speaker 1: But what is he going to say back?
Speaker 2: Again, if he's truly innocent, then he still maybe won't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Kee's asking questions. We'll figure it out time, Like I'm going.
Speaker 3: To tell her if you don't type of line.
Speaker 5: I think. I like, the pressure is getting to me. I'm going to tell her what happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really good. I agree with Jeff.
Speaker 2: Okay, Terry, go ahead and send.
Speaker 5: That Okay, I'm sending it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 1: And if he writes back like what are you talking about? Then we believe him, or then we say, you know what I'm talking about? What should I say? Like what says yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't want to the theoretical conversation that might happen in every which way.
Speaker 5: Wait, he said what happened?
Speaker 1: Just say you know, you know what happened?
Speaker 2: All caps and it's right in the middle. Still could be like what happened? Or what happened?
Speaker 4: We get like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Or it could be like what happened to us? Why are we falling apart? As this secret love affair that's happening behind I think I like, just what happened?
Speaker 4: I mean, like, okay, so again.
Speaker 1: That's not a confession. Maybe he's not cheating.
Speaker 6: We should say, look, she knows we've been meeting up behind her back.
Speaker 2: Something about playing off of the emotions that his girlfriend is going through. You have to bring that up so that he feels the need to say something.
Speaker 1: We know his girlfriend already accused him. Because his girlfriend's on the phone with us and just told us that, so he knows that you're up.
Speaker 5: I say, I feel really guilty about it. And Terry has been up to say Okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I think you go with what Jose said, like she knows that we've been meeting behind her back, We've been meeting without her there, Okay, go with that, Terry.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, I sent it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling right now?
Speaker 5: Really anxious?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I feel like right now I feel less confident than I did before we started texting him that this guy was cheating on you.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I feel nauseous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know it's smart enough to play this dune.
Speaker 2: I feel nauseous because we've done hundreds of these, and this is the first time the listener is actually choosing to take Jose's advice on some sort of Twilight Zone.
Speaker 1: Pretty good advice, actually, was.
Speaker 2: She's probably gonna end up saying he has he written anything back?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, he said, he said, Look, I've taken care of it. She won't know what what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Say, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: How are you going to take care of it? That means he needs to explain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, tell me exactly how you did it.
Speaker 6: I like the exactly it's like when you don't smoke weed, because I feel clarity.
Speaker 1: Terry, welcome to the world.
Speaker 2: I think you take some form of that, like what what did you say, Jose, Yeah, that's still.
Speaker 1: The No, tell me exactly, tell.
Speaker 5: Me exactly how you did it.
Speaker 2: Perfect because you want your stories to match up as the lying roommate and boyfriend. What did they take care of I don't know. Something is up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously he didn't take very good care of it because you're on the phone with us thinking that he's cheating, so he took terrible care of it. Oh Dot.
Speaker 6: Stott, stop stay.
Speaker 4: Oh god.
Speaker 5: I found a guy who fixes old cameras and I paid him one hundred and fifty bucks. He says he'll be done by tuesday. I'll put it back on the shelf and she'll never know.
Speaker 4: Did they film like a racy video together?
Speaker 1: Do you know what he's talking about?
Speaker 5: I think he's talking about I have an old digital film camera. He could be talking about my camera.
Speaker 2: Where's your camera? Is your camera in the bedroom or is it in like the living room?
Speaker 5: It should be in the living room. No, you do now that it's about it. My camera hasn't been on the shelf because I was looking for it the other day, but I was in a rush to go somewhere, so I just sort of left it. And I'm wondering if they just broke the camera and we're too scared to tell me.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe we just asked that, like paint out the picture, so the camera is going to be fixed and she'll never know we broke it.
Speaker 1: But he already said that. Well, we're just repeating what he said. We need to know, like and she didn't know we broke it while taking those races.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know what the pictures on the camera are?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, are we still doubting or now do we believe he's not cheating?
Speaker 2: I'm wondering, Terry, how do you feel about it?
Speaker 5: I don't know, guys, very I just my feeling's kind of changing about this, Like I'm feeling like maybe they just broke it and they're feeling bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah that you know.
Speaker 4: Them better than we do.
Speaker 6: So if your natural gut instinct is that, then that's probably the truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're like assuming the worst.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, you just like drama, but really, you know that maybe when you do get your camera back. I know I don't want you to see anything that you don't want to see on there. So you just mail the film over to our radio station and we'll look at it for you and rate the pictures and then tell you if anything bad is on there that you don't want to.
Speaker 1: Jeffill spend a lot of time in the dark room.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got you guys are the bus. I gotta go get my roommate's phone back before she realizes.
Speaker 2: Okay, before you looked, delete all the text that we just sent and that he sent to Okay, yeah, no, I will Frids going to see it.
Speaker 1: This is only going to be more drama. You better update us. Somebody's getting caught doing something.
Speaker 2: Wrong next week. Her roommate's going to email like, I think my roommate's been stealing the car. I want a text from.
Speaker 1: Her phone brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: So that call happened just a couple of days ago. Obviously it was a little bit unclear what was going on with the camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a huge possibility of him cheating.
Speaker 2: Well, a little while later we did get an update from Terry. She reached out to us, she said. After that phone call, she went back upstairs to her room and confirmed her camera was missing. Okay, so she just asked her roommate about it, and the roommate confessed that her and the boyfriend accidentally broke it because they were going to make a surprise birthday scrap book for Terry. They were using they were trying to take the photos and go through the photos, and they accidentally broke.
Speaker 4: The canvas photos on there too.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice, and their gen z so they like, what is what is this stuff? It's a film and I don't know how you do that? Do we just pull it out?
Speaker 5: So? Do you?
Speaker 2: That's the explanation that Terry got. Not sure if she fully believes that or not, but you could probably find the photos up on OnlyFans somewhere.
Speaker 4: Until your conclusion, we're looking at the photos, but they were naked.
Speaker 1: What his scrap book is this?
Speaker 2: That's pretty exciting.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good, that's great.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the update. I'm glad we got to hear that me too, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,