Speaker 1: Well, the welcome, guys, what's going on?
Speaker 2: It's your girl, Amada La and you're listening to exactly Amada, a production of iHeart and thank you so much for Twenian as usual. Don't forget to give us those five stars.
Speaker 1: Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite podcast platform, which everyone maybe if you.
Speaker 2: Just want to see you get to know a little bit about me more. Except dolo chie may I always say the same thing. Have you seen an achievement gossip?
Speaker 1: He says, She say, don't believe it all. I've been going through so much.
Speaker 2: But you know what, whenever I have the opportunity of connecting with you guys and just talking to you, inventing and you know, talking about my experiences or the things that are going on in the world, I feel so much better.
Speaker 1: And today we're talking about people that.
Speaker 2: Are getting caught on tape or behaving like an ass.
Speaker 1: And everybody's just applauding it like it's all good.
Speaker 2: Everyday racism and bullying can now be recorded and if you're acting out, you know, automatically, you go viral.
Speaker 1: The more you act like you have no set, the more popular you become. And not only because of you know, you may.
Speaker 2: Be doing tiktoks and while it out and doing dumb things. But then we had these videos of the Karen videos online as well. There's so many things going on right now in society and how social media is not making people famous or basically doing nothing of importance in life, nothing of value to society realistically, and we're just applauding it. That's why I wanted to bring my special guest, who I've grown to love him, because our energy is just matched. He understands me. We're in the same frequency. He's an amazing spirit. And I have today on the show Kelvin Davis memoricalsas how you been.
Speaker 3: I've been great? How have you been?
Speaker 2: So? If I've been like beyoncet to, let me tell you it is tough out here in these streets. I'm just gonna give a little quick something about what happened to me yesterday. I was on a private jet. I couldn't find a flight home. It was a whole bunch of you know, famous artists all together. It was a really small jet. There was really bad turbulence. The luggages moved from one side to the other street like in the movies. I hit myself in the head. It was crazy. I was praying to God just to make it home safe, because you never know what can happen. And we've seen so many terrible situations happen to not just artists, but just you know, to people. Overall, God has our back, but sometimes going on, he makes us, you know, he makes us go through little turbulence, and I felt it yesterday. Anyways, I see life with a different perspective today. It was a lot, but maybe you have a lighter story. How how have your days been?
Speaker 4: Both of my daughters in the school on Friday to go see The Little Mermaid.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've heard everybody talking about Little Mermaid? How was it?
Speaker 3: It was so good?
Speaker 4: It exceeded all my explain chasings. It was truly amazing.
Speaker 1: They meant to that, It meant to that.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't wait till my girls are old enough to see and understand, you know, a Little Mermaid. Right now, they're too little for that, so all they probably wan I'm getting it. Yeah, today we have a really good show because we're going to talk about something that's really happening in society right now, and it's just learning how to manage it and deal with it. And I'll say as far as everybody wanting to have a viral moment, having the validation of society of the people that are following you, or whatever the hell it may be, has made people go crazy. Has made people do these little TikTok dances, which is cool if you're on your phone dancing all day trying to get it together so someone can give you a like, I get it, or you're just doing it for fun, that's cool too. But we've gone from the dancing tiktoks to the TikTok challenges where you have to like choke yourself or drink bleach or you know, throw yourself off a bridge and look and see if you survive, and like all types of craziness. Right, we have so many things going on right now that I just thought it would be such an important moment to discuss this with you.
Speaker 3: What do you think for me, it's like you're chasing to go viral.
Speaker 4: At the same time, when you go viral, there's a hot chance that.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing that will happen.
Speaker 4: Because once someone goes viral on the internet, unless it's something that goes along with their content that they do all at the time like that one viral video does not make them a content creator creator, right right, They're still just like the average person with one viral video. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: No, you know what's crazy is that we make them go viral because if they don't have our support, they don't go anywhere. So if that also puts in context the fact that there's people out here who bother to go to college study, you know, they bust their ass, they do all these things and don't even get one third of the money that these influencers are. These people that go viral, make and create, So that makes it really hard on society overall, and it makes people think that going viral is the way to go. If I go viral, I can become famous. If I become famous, I can make money. If I make money, I never have to work. And boom, I just in my life off some stupidity and some of these viral moments can also lead to your death. Limited there's so many layers into this. Honestly, Kevin tell me this. People have always behaved badly, but now we have the power to record them on our phones. Do you think that it scares people from doing it or saying racist things, or it just makes him feel like I just don't care and I'm going to say what it want and maybe this will be made viral.
Speaker 3: Moment depending on what state and city you're in.
Speaker 4: I feel like, if you're in Alabama and there's like a racist moment and it goes viral, I feel like people are like, well, you know, that's Alabama. But I feel like it depends on where you are. Like, there was a situation that happened in New York recently where there was like a group of black kids trying to get like a bike, and this white woman was trying to steal the bike await, even though he y for it, and she started crying and doing all this stuff. So to me, I was like, watching the video, I'm like, bro, this woman is literally turning on the white privilege tears, acting like this man is like trying to harm her and she and he purchased the bike, and then you have these people that come from the outside to her aid because she's crying. So I'm glad that got on video because for me, it's like she didn't have to say anything to be racist. Her actions showed that she was racist because she was just trying to be trying to make this situation seem as though it was these four or five black boys that were harming her by screaming and crying all these things that all these white men come.
Speaker 3: To her aid.
Speaker 4: So for me, it's like, sometimes it could work, and sometimes, you know, it doesn't really help, Like people are going to act a fucking fool anyway.
Speaker 1: But does it?
Speaker 2: Does it really matter to be able to get it in recording when someone is being racist, Like, I'm glad they were able to record it, and I'm glad they were able to have this on evidence.
Speaker 1: But even when you have situations like George.
Speaker 2: Floyd where we can all, oh, yeah, what the hell was going on? You know, we've seen so many cases where we have the video, we have the evidence from the beginning to the end, we have it on tape, we have it on your phone, we have it on cameras, we have whatever, and sometimes you can't even use it as evidence because they'll still say that's not true, that's not what happened, this is not it was. So to a certain extent, yes, it's good that we're able to record these situations, it just sucks and not in all occasions people actually validating care for what they see as the truth, you know, So that really sucks because and like I said, we saw the George Floyd situation.
Speaker 1: If it wasn't because of all the phones, nobody would have known.
Speaker 2: And just like him, there's so many black people, there's so many immigrants, there's so many people who have suffered injustice from police brutality, and at least, you know, being able to record it allows us to see what happened. Like I said, sometimes we don't get justice fum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean sometimes we don't get justice.
Speaker 1: For it, yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: But I'm like white American, like the majority of society paces this image of well, you know, if you just would have did what the cops said, then that wouldn't have happened.
Speaker 3: But it's like that's not the way this.
Speaker 1: Writes, right exactly, Like.
Speaker 4: How many like how many white boys, how many white girls have like done the same thing and getting to go home at the end of the day, and even like the whole bad Batti thing, Like I have a hot take on that, because I have a hot take on all those like all those white girls that go viral for their bad behavior and all this the stuff, and I say it, and I'll say it until the day that I die. If Bad Battie was black, she would not be vial read, she would not be hanging out with celebrities.
Speaker 1: She would not be a.
Speaker 2: Moment because at the same time, okay, so wait, I don't think she would have made as much money then you happen.
Speaker 1: And I love her. I love her. She's you know, I don't. I can't say she's my friend friend, but I know her.
Speaker 2: We've spent time together, we've worked together, we're in the same show, in the same franchise. But we have a perfect example. We have, for example, Suki. You know Suki with the good Kuchi. I don't know if you know her. Yeah, she's also gone viral. I think she's an amazing talent. I wish that people got to know her and see her in real life away from the you know, persona that she shows to the world. But she's another one you know that's very similar to she She's an artist, she has only fans, she has a big personality. She is just herself, unapologeticy herself, and she also is very similar. So it's like the race thing does influence but not necessarily in all cases. I just think that people overall like certain behaviors, maybe not for themselves, but they enjoy watching other people at a certain type of way.
Speaker 1: Now I'll ask you this.
Speaker 2: Have you ever gone through a racist moment, a racist situation that you wish you could have had your phone to record it, or any type of moment you're like, damn, why didn't I have my phone here for this?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately I had an ex mother in law who was pretty racist, Like.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So there were many moments where I wish I would have recorded certain things that she said and recorded certain things that she did, just so you know, I could play it back for just even so like like why would you say this? Like why would you do this? Even if like even if you don't you know like like me marry your daughter? Like why would you say this stuff about me being black?
Speaker 2: And then break it down? Break it down stuff about you being black? How gonna get worded? Yes, but she's sick achievement. We want to know.
Speaker 3: It was like there were more like microaggressions.
Speaker 4: So we used to go down to her beach house in Venice, Florida, and we used to like hang out with me and the kids stuff. And both of my kids are mixed, but obviously they look black, and you know, I'll be outside playing with them, and she would say things like children, don't you think you don't need to be outside in the sun, Like, don't you think you're black enough? Do you want to get darker? I said, I'm not going out in the sun for the same reasons that you do. You go out in the sun to get darker, to get a tear, And I'm going on the sun to play with my kids, right like microaggressive, And you know it would happen continuously, like even when our first daughter was born, we were putting stuff on the baby registry and she looked me dead in my black face and said, I'm going to get this blue dress to match her blonde hair and blue eyes. And I'm looking at her like, they're going to get this blue dress to mess the blond hair and blue eyes up the baby that me and your daughter are going to have. She's like, yeah, because she's going to have blond hair and blue ass. I said, you do realize that you're insinuating that you hope that I'm not the father, because it's very unlikely that I will produce a kid that has blond hair and blue eyes.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on it, but yeah, I know. But I was like, you know, that's kind of like, that's not right. And she was like, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Mean it, Yes, that hell you did? You know you meant it?
Speaker 3: Girl back exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, that.
Speaker 2: Really sucks because I love the word microaggression because there's a lot of people they do that and consider themselves not to be racist, which they are, but they feel that if I.
Speaker 1: Do it in a nice way and just throw my little.
Speaker 2: Bit in or my little jabs, they won't notice it as much or they won't take it as badly. But I still said what I felt, So that's messed up. There's been so many occasions I wish I wish I would have had a phone. I wish somebody would have been recording me, Like record this moment. Let this moment go viral. Let this moment go viral, because a lot of people showcase to the world like I'm so nice, I would never I'm not racist, I'm not this I hate him just to it, But then in their privacy, when they feel that nobody's watching, they really make dirty as common and they're really theirselves. I've heard people call me mona, you know, you know, calling me monkey. But in many occasions, you know, they'll they'll say, like, oh, you don't wash your hair because you know you have a you know, I have an afro, and my afro is supposed to be nappy, bad hair, this and that, you know. And I've said in many occasions or for being black and read pretty so basically by black people are ugly.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I've heard so many different things like there, I've heard so many things. I've heard the whole thing too about being in the in the sun. I've already heard so many races as comments. And I wish that we had a phone we could record it the same energy that we put to the Karens.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes it's not just.
Speaker 2: The Karens, because I feel like Karens just mean when they're Caucasian, right, But we have Karens that are Latinos, we have Karens that are Asians, we have Karens that are from different parts of the world, and even amongst our own people, we can be racist there.
Speaker 1: We got some Karens within our own people as well.
Speaker 2: I really wish that we had moments where we can record it and give that same energy we give to them to our own people and you know, make them accountable for the comments and the things that.
Speaker 1: They do, because if we don't, then this is just going to be a.
Speaker 2: Pattern that is going to continue on and on and our generation is only but going to get worse.
Speaker 4: It's just like these moments where it's like I feel like a lot a lot of society ADULTI files black kids like they look at like a fourteen year old black boy, and they like look look at him as any.
Speaker 2: And also as a threat. It's already yeah, yeah, you know your you're a threat. And I was just talking about it the other day of how as a parent when you have dark skinned children, the darker the more as a parent you have to be worried and concerned when your child, you know, leaves your household because the darker your skin is, the more people see you as a threat.
Speaker 1: Whenever a black person does something.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, the terror that this is, the danger, the thug that this. But when when a copy heaven does it all he's going.
Speaker 1: Through depression, Hey, you.
Speaker 2: Know all these things he needs there. But if it's a black person, a black person will go to jail for life for someone that a white person will go to jail for a month.
Speaker 1: If that are too so, of course, you know that black people at this.
Speaker 2: Point and black people, immigrants, minority overall, are tired, are sick, are frustrated, are just over it.
Speaker 1: So yes, I get that part.
Speaker 2: And I was talking about how when you raise a dark skinned child, you have to raise them differently.
Speaker 1: You have to raise them knowing you are different. You know, when the cop.
Speaker 2: Comes, put your hands up, you know, don't look into nobody's eyes. If you have a hoodie off, take it off, you know, don't put your hands in your pocket. There's these whole list of rules and regulations that people of Connor have to do and live by then no other race has to do, you know, and it's just so much pressure. It is so unfair. It is well, it's it really is hurtful. It's it's crazy to mean people have.
Speaker 4: Other racers have to worry about if they get pulled over, will it be their last time?
Speaker 2: Well, me, personally, I'm really scared of the police. I've always been open about it, and I'm scared because of just you know, the first thing that they see is gonna see.
Speaker 1: They're gonna see color. They're not gonna be like.
Speaker 2: She's one of us or whatever or whatever, and shouldn't even be like that in the first place.
Speaker 1: But the first thing they're gonna see is color.
Speaker 2: So whenever a cop gets behind me while I'm driving, I'm automatically panicking.
Speaker 1: I'm automatically bubble guts. You're like nervous, Yeah, I get nervous. It really sucks.
Speaker 2: It is that way, and that even brings me to think that now it is so important to even have cameras inside of your car to record and film.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm even thinking, but I should probably.
Speaker 2: Go to Amazon and buy middle cameras, buy a camera, put it in your car, because you just never know when it's gonna be your day.
Speaker 1: Anything can happen at any moment, and we.
Speaker 2: Live in a world where we have to protect ourselves so much consistently, even while you're in your car, Like it's really crazy. Now, let's also talk about this, right because since we're talking about viral moments and how we're making people famous off viral moments, we're also making justice and protecting ourselves with these cameras by recording the things that happen in our society. Some of the people that have gone viral after being caught up on tape for behaving badly have also been fired from their jobs.
Speaker 1: I just feel about that.
Speaker 3: I feel good about it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I honestly feel like people that do it and get caught on camera, well, I'll think that people that do it, they get caught on camera, I feel like they've done it in the past.
Speaker 3: It's not the first time. Okay, it's not the first time.
Speaker 4: So it's like when it gets caught on camera, it gives me the evidence and the pre consumption that you've done this somewhere before. It's sex an example, and like in practice, we get people are second chance. It's a second opportunity.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter, like because let's say, it doesn't all have to be for being bad. I know of a person called Ali Bray who now is well known for doing only fans, who makes thousands of dollars on only fans, who is a veteran.
Speaker 1: I believe she's a Navy veteran.
Speaker 2: She's also a nurse, a whole bunch of things, and she got fired from her job at the hospital as a nurse because they found.
Speaker 1: Out she had an only fan. She went viral for it. So that's what I'm saying, like, when.
Speaker 2: We say badly behavior, let's clarify, because if you're being racist, should that be a reason for you to get fired from your job? If you're being racist outside of workspace, should you get fired for that?
Speaker 3: I think so yes.
Speaker 4: And the reason why I say that is because I feel like, if you have a racist moment on camera, chances are that you've had a racist moments off camera.
Speaker 1: So you're thinking that they get fired.
Speaker 2: They're not going to be racist in their next job because they get fired from this one job.
Speaker 3: I think they will.
Speaker 4: But I think what it does is it sets of consequence and the sets a president that if you behave this way, you will not have another job.
Speaker 2: I was on Love and Hip Hop Miami on my first season with a known producer called you know Young Hollywood, and he had a very racist moment publicly when he said that I was never going to succeed for the way that I looked. I needed to be less Macy Grace and more Beyonce. You know, change my hair, clean my act this and that. I changed my hair eventually because I wanted to. I felt it was my moment to evolve and try different hairstyles. I've always clarified that my hair is not who I am, it is part of me. I could be ball headed tomorrow and still be a and still be a fu Latina and still represent my culture, my race, my ancestors, you know, and represents so many other things. So to me, it wasn't just about the hair. It was about the moral, the principle, about the comments that came behind it. Right, and he he had a very public racist moment. However, we were able to sit down and talk after so many conversations and after so many people, you know, hitting him over the head, and he later on understood and he apologized and people may have seen him in a bad light. But I think that we have to be forgiving as well in many occasions, because some.
Speaker 1: People act out of ignorance.
Speaker 2: That's also a question the way that you were raised, right, because nobody is born racist, nobody is born you know, whatever way something had to happen, someone had to convince you. You must have lived some type of experience what happened, you know. I think there's sometimes we were so ready to be judgmental and point fingers and just ah instead of trying to fix the problem. It's like when you put a dangerous person or someone who committed a crime in jail and you stick them in a box with no therapy, with no help. That's not going to help, and then you throw them back into society. How about us helping each other? What happened to you? Why do you feel this way? We've been dehumanized so much, you know, by society, social media, comments, music video, all this other stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, can we come back together as humans again and figure out a way how to connect with each other to fix what's wrong instead of trying to just blame us and blame each other and put each other in a box.
Speaker 4: I get the whole thing about you know, like giving people a second chance. But do you think that if like a nurse have like a viral moment, a racist no no, let's say for season Starbucks and she has like a racist moment, do you think that, like if she got fired for doing that, Like, do you think that she give a second chance?
Speaker 1: Listen? I don't know.
Speaker 2: And like I said before, I think that every situation needs to be monitored and and you know and seeing you know, one situation at a time, because we've had we've had even our with you had even black cops, right, Even black cops do you know, do a lot of in justice to their to their.
Speaker 1: Brothers and sisters. Right. So we've had those.
Speaker 2: Issues amongst our own community because we just don't want to point into the racist. Sometimes we have racist among our own people. Like I said before, So we've had those moments. We've had, you know, moments that have really impacted people's careers for the rest of their lives in a positive or in a negative light. We've had so many different things, you know, even from bullying, which is another topic that we really didn't get to touch, like that, we have people that are committing suicide because of the pressures that they feel from society or even from videos. The power that social media has going viral has the way that we support the people that have badly behavior. What type of mindset does that create for the young generation that's growing up. What do they see if they see us supporting that, are they supposed to behave that way as well? Like, there is so much to unbus in this conversation that I'm so passionate about it because now also as a mother, I'm curious, I'm fearful, and I just wonder what their future is going to look like. If this is us now in twenty twenty three, I don't even want to know. You know, twenty years from now, what are they going to be living? You know, how's the world going to change for them? Because in my era, we went from having a map to having GPSS, to having the you know, the house phones, to having cell phones even inside your ear, to the tapes, the CDs, the But we've gone through all the evolution of technology.
Speaker 1: What will happen in their era?
Speaker 2: If this is us recording it off our phones. Who knows if when you just walk by there's cameras everywhere just recording your whole life all day everywhere with face recognition and this and that.
Speaker 4: I the meal if almost scariously from just being a human, Like everybody has human moments, right, everybody has a human experience. If we don't want to create a society where people always have to be on the edge and always have to walk on eggs, right right, that because that beats the purpose of being a human.
Speaker 2: I agree with you one hundred one hundred percent That's why I think this conversation.
Speaker 1: Was so important. Thank you so much for joining me today.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being such an amazing world, for being such a great human being, so outspoken and honestly transparently yourself. I appreciate that if anybody wants to follow you and support you, where can they go?
Speaker 4: They can find me on Instagram at Kelvin Davis, and then they can hit me up on my blog at no Tours a goat for dot com and purchase my book wherever.
Speaker 3: Books all ry.
Speaker 1: That sounds good to me. Well, I'll say this much.
Speaker 2: If there's anything you could take home with you today is listen, these phones have really big power, right, you have the power in your hand. Be careful of what you're supporting on social media when it comes to these viral moments.
Speaker 1: Be careful the type of behavior that you're supporting.
Speaker 2: Be careful the type of behavior that you are putting out there as well.
Speaker 1: On social media.
Speaker 2: Please don't think that just because you have a little viral moment your life is really going to change your to one thousand and you're going to become a millionaire.
Speaker 1: Doesn't always work that way, right.
Speaker 2: It could also be very damaging also remember that everything that you record stays on the internet, will stay online, and if it doesn't affect your career or your life at this moment in your life, it can be brought back up years from now, like it's happened in many occasions. If we want to roll in our society to change, we have to stop supporting the stupidity.
Speaker 1: Right, Let's stop supporting the stupidity. And I know that it may be funny.
Speaker 2: And it may be be entertaining for a second, but just look and see how it affects our society, our community in the long run, right, our kids, the TV, the music, just everything overall. Having by our moments also comes with big responsibilities. Be careful and if you have your phone and you see some type of injustice or something that can actually help somebody else's life by you just pressing record, go ahead and be fearless and do that because you never know what you may be recording, how impactful it may be. With that being said, guys, thank you so oh so much for being part of Exactly Amada.
Speaker 1: Make sure to find me on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Catch my show by searching for micro through that podcast on YouTube and clicking on exactly Amada. Don't forget to also follow me on my Instagram, all my social media platforms Amada Lagra a l N Ammada a l N.
Speaker 1: And remember, guys, this.
Speaker 2: Is a production of Ihearts micro through that podcast network. For more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 1: This has been your girl, Madagra. Thank you so much for tuning in.