Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: All right, market Monday. This is a great special. Yeah, your screen is not fooling you. We had to switch it up. You don't know who you know, that's a fact. Yeah, let's just keep don't you know people, So this is just this, this is this is a surprise segment that we wanted to just throw ahead. And we had the good brother Steve Harvey's studio and it has been his morning show, so you know, we figured since since we have them, maybe we could just you know, talk to them for a couple of minutes and you know, get get some get some gents.
Speaker 4: Something tells that the people like there since the episode it's been creating, so you know, so it's.
Speaker 2: So really man.
Speaker 5: It was like when I did the podcast with you all, I was telling you, probably the most impactful interview I've done in my career in terms of reaching people and reaching a sector of people that I probably would normally get to that I couldn't probably get to understand, you know, my under my life, my my my understanding of the way things are done. So it was really impactful for me, man. So I really appreciated that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: That's why I don't mind doing stuff with you all, because I reach people that I I've never had more people contact me about an interview.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 5: The only thing I did bigger than this was when I did Megafest for Bishop Jakes and I did the introduction of christ at the end of my show, which I had made up a year before, that never done on stage.
Speaker 6: We're in good company.
Speaker 2: That was Yeah, that was a big way. That was a big fum.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that. Brother.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you, this is this is our investment show, so we have you was an early legion. Now this is market mondays, it's all about investing. We were just talking about We was just talking to beat child to bed and he was telling us. You know, obviously you know he helped you out out with your portfolio. What are some things you look for when somebody presents an investment, Like, are there like criterias where you're like, this is a good thing that I want to invest my money.
Speaker 5: Well, but you know, I'm sort of sort of have a little different approach to it than most people are kind of non traditional. First of all, if I have to like you, because I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to be in business with people I don't like, I ain't got to, you know, I want to.
Speaker 2: I gotta like you. Man. You gotta be a good person, a decent person. You could be. You got the best idea in the world. Man, if you're not you're not a good person. I ain't.
Speaker 5: I don't got no time for that. I don't want to deal with your personality and your shortcomings.
Speaker 2: And you you sell dope on the side to you know what.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great idea, but you do what don't Well?
Speaker 2: You know, I got some kids, man, I ain't seen them in a while. You know that.
Speaker 5: I stay away from that, but you know, I try to find stuff, man, that's innovative, because, like when we talked before, the best way to make money is to be the first, the best, or the only.
Speaker 2: And so I look for that.
Speaker 5: If I can find you to be the best, the first, or the only, that intrigues me. But I also find out, man, if you're filling a need, you know, because need is the need creates a lot of inventions, you know what I mean, You get based out of need. So I look for those two things, man, and then I turn it over to my team, because I'm not really that smart when it comes to that. But I have guys like you mentioned to Bed Stevens and you know, Brandon Williams and.
Speaker 2: Chris stelle Cease.
Speaker 5: I have a team of people, man that I put on projects who are experts at researching, finding out market value, getting the story behind you, and then running these background checks and once my team vets it and then bring it back to me with their recommendations. I usually listen to the recommendation, but sometimes I go with my heart, which ain't never been wrong, you know, when I trust it. So sometimes I just go, Okay, well, we think you ought to put two hundred fifty thousand then and I say no, I think, well I'll put five in. And then they take a deep breath and they go, okay, that's crazy, and then you know that's how it starts.
Speaker 4: So speaking of your team, obviously you've built up a trust with them. We spoke about on the episode about some of the times you put your trust on other people in the depth. How did you get to that level of trust with the team that is now making the investment recommendation.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, man, I got smarter.
Speaker 5: You know, I used to trust people too quick, you know, if I liked you and you had a good vibe. But I've learned now I have a lot more patience man, in selecting my team members, and trust comes from now. I do a little bit of you know, a little you got to prove it to me. You know, like you if you if I give you the investment, I got to see how you handle the first steps of it. Now, one of the keys for me is if I get the people who I turn you over to. If I turn you to the guy that's seeking the investment or the woman that's seeking the investment, and I keep getting bad reports about they handling it on, they talking to me great, they don't return calls, they don't return emails, then you know, man, we have a problem there because you're not getting what this is about with me. But building a team of people that you trust. First, I give them small incremental details and duties to do to see how well they do that. If you see the successes in details. And I'm not a very detailed person. That's why I hire detailed people, because I do big broad strokes. I get the vision and the dreams, and I give it to them. This is what we're gonna do. Well to carry it out, I need detailed people. And so once I give you the small details, if you don't take care of the details, this is not going to work. Because I don't do details. But I'm an expert at noticing details. See, I don't miss nothing. Anybody works for me. I'll tell you I don't miss no. I might not comment on it, but I see it, and I'll make a meddle note of it. But I start by giving them small or duties to gain my trust, and then I know who I'm dealing with.
Speaker 7: If you can go back when you're twenty five or thirty years old, and if you can take all the information that you have now with you, what are the three investment tips you want to share with the audience that you wish that you knew back then.
Speaker 5: Invest now, invest often, and invest freely. Now often and freely. Sc scared man can't win? You know you in Vegas betting a dollar. You know, if you at the roulette table, it's thirty five to one. So you bet one dollar and it hit, you get thirty five. Now if it missed, you only lose a dollar. Well that's how people look at investments. But how work, man, It worked, Just like it work in Vegas. The more you put out there, the more you get back. So I would invest more freely, more often, I really would, man, And because I didn't. As a young man, I was so concerned with accumulating. But see, once you accumulating, you have it in here and you close your fist, it's all you got, you double quadruplely when you open it. Now, when you open it, you run the risk of it being taken in and falling out. But that's the risk. That's life. You don't get to be successful without risk. You just don't.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. You don't get to be successful without chances.
Speaker 5: So investing, man, is a smart way to do it.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 5: Investing grows your money quicker than anything. You can't work that many jobs, you know, to keep earning money. You gotta have some money sitting somewhere that's working for you. Your job is to work to make the money, and then you gotta get your money to work for you.
Speaker 2: And that's and.
Speaker 5: If I was younger, man, if I had it, I would invest it more.
Speaker 2: I would have been a I would have gotten a.
Speaker 5: Team together quicker at twenty five because I did everything myself. But I had to. You know, I was in a position where I couldn't afford. But then a lot of people let that stop them too. They go from one extreme to the next. Look, man, if you don't have the money, then't do it yourself. But don't let not having the money stop you from doing it yourself or anything else. A lot of people wait till they get all the money and then I'm gonna do this here when that's finna happen. When you're finish, get all the money? Who who got all the money?
Speaker 8: Who?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: And you can't wait till it's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's never right.
Speaker 5: You got to go now. You got to go now. Man, it's never going to be right. That's why so many people not successful. They keep waiting on everything in the lineup. That's not how this works.
Speaker 2: Man. You gotta take chances. Man, you gotta take risk.
Speaker 7: If I can follow up knowing what your intuition and powers, how do you mitigate risk when you're putting a capital out.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's through research, it's through your team vetting. You know.
Speaker 2: I try.
Speaker 5: I lose, man, I lose, but I have enough big wins that I I'm okay. I'm okay with trying again, you know what I mean. You can't be wiped out when you lose one time, broh that you have to understand. It's the losses. Nobody gets in this game without losing something.
Speaker 2: You know, I won't.
Speaker 5: I wish I could have a fail proof way of just winning all the time. But that's not what this is. This is baseball, man. A dude makes millions of dollars stepping to the plate and hitting three balls out of ten balls.
Speaker 2: They ain't even all got to go over the wall.
Speaker 5: He just got to get to first base three out of ten times, and he's a multi millionaire. Well, okay, what about the seven times that he's not on base?
Speaker 2: He failed?
Speaker 5: He struck out, fly out, fileball, thrown out at first base. It's just a lot of ways not to get the earners.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 9: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon. Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot Com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC.
Speaker 8: Coach, the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 9: It was the new game day scratches from the California Lottery player is everything?
Speaker 6: Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 8: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 3: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game that's off of now, coach?
Speaker 8: One more questions played the new Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine Ers and Los Angeles Ram scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace may responsibily must be eighteen years or older to purchase plate or claim.
Speaker 5: That's the game. When is baseball? All I got to do is bat three hundred. If I bat three hundred, thirty percent of my investments is suppose I hit three home runs out of ten balls, I'm in the majors, man, I'm in the Major's big time. If when I hit it as a home run out of ten balls, I take that every day. People don't want the seven strikeouts and the seven misses, so now they'll never get to the three home runs.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, you.
Speaker 5: Know I know we want to mitigate these losses, but look we're trying to win, man, and to win, you got to lose.
Speaker 6: To win, you gotta lose. That's a fact.
Speaker 7: He gave a good risky remorse scenario. Risk one can make thirty five like that is a super lesson, bro.
Speaker 2: That's the roulette wheel in Vegas.
Speaker 5: If you put a dollar on Black seventeen, you win thirty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Naw, they got tables out there though. This is how the game go.
Speaker 5: They got tables in Vegas where the minimum you can put out is one hundred dollar chip. So now you got to put one hundred dollars out there because there's one hundred dollars minimum. So you put your hundred dollar chip, or you can put five twenty, you can put twenty five dollar chips out there. You do it how you want to, but the dealer will make sure it's one hundred dollars spread on that tape. But if you put that one hundred on one chip, you make thirty five hundred dollars. Now, No, when they don't land in Black seventeen, they rakes that. But Vegas is full of people, man, See why is Vegas full of people. But and yet the investment world ain't full of people because see Vegas and fool of man. See you're doing what you call it entertainment. See you've done a very smart thing in that you've copied Vegas without even realizing it. You're getting people to come and invest but have a good time. But yours is different. You actually get takeaway. Vegas is just take and you go away. You get a takeaway gods. You come, have a good time, spend this money. But you put them in these classes, these conferences, these fireside checks and they get to have takeaway Vegas don't work like that. Well, you just come and invest your money, and people have got to start investing in themselves. Man. See when you go to investfest dot com, it's an investment in yourself.
Speaker 2: Why would you not do that?
Speaker 5: Why would you not give somebody something that when you walk away you're better that you get to walk away with knowledge and wisdom and understanding principles.
Speaker 2: You know, understand. So what you've done is what Vegas is. You got people.
Speaker 5: You found a way to entertain people, have them invest something, and in Vegas that's what it is. You get your drinks, it's free it's free. Look in the casino. If you're in a high roller section, you get food. You got your own bathroom over there. You don't even see people. I've never gone to the bathroom in the high roller section and seeing anybody in there. They have doors that go down to the wall. They like you at your house. They're food in the high roller section, they don't have that. A depending slot area. Ain't no free drinks at the penny slots. You get over here and start big dollar slots. That's where the waitress walk through. And you got to invest man invest with the return and invest Fest dot com is entertainment. We're gonna entertain you, but we're gonna educate you. And when you walk away, you have takeaway.
Speaker 6: I want to thank you for that before we rap.
Speaker 3: You know, obviously Steve Harvey is talking about invest Fest, our big, big festival that we're going to do in Atlanta August fifth through the seventh. And Steve has just been a tremendous resource and partner and mentor and all of the above, and you know, has been very generous with his time. And you know, the first time that we actually met, I don't think I even told to be this story. We spent like five hours together that interview. It was like an hour before, two hours and two hours. And then when we left, I told Troy like, I'm like, our lives is never gonna our lives and it's you know, you got to get the wrong yep, because it's like for us, it's meeting Steve Harvey. But you don't necessarily have to meet Steve Harvey to change your life. You can meet a real estate developer that's worth project for real somebody. So it's like, go to invest Vest and we're going to have people at the highest level of business and talking about entrepreneurship investing, but even outside of that, it's going to be ten thousand people or more there to actually network and build with, build your community, build your resources, meet your business partner, meets your real estate developer.
Speaker 6: So it's like I feel like invest Vest.
Speaker 3: Is the place that every single person should be and it's in the mecca of lack of America, Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 6: No better place to happen.
Speaker 4: We talk about all the time, right place, all the time. So the right place, Atlanta, Georgia, right time August fifth through the seventh, I mean, this is where commons and culture is going to meet, and so we're going to educate people at a high level. We're going to entertain them at a high level. Or when they walk away, they're gonna walk away something like you said that they can take with You know.
Speaker 5: Man, what if a person goes to invest fast, this is how I recommend the mindset that they have. Don't go there seeking one particular thing. People blow that all the time because you don't know how God works. Man, you don't know how the universe works.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 5: See, you can't ask God for something and then tell him how to do it. He'll need your help. Ask God for something and then go see how he gonna do it. So go to invest fast with an open mind, be open to learn everything that should be poured into you. Don't go in there, Wow, I don't talk nobody. I'm gonna find me a real estate guy and it's work.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 5: You may you may not even be in real estate. You ain't even gonna stand man. You may be you may be in something totally different. You gotta stay open minded so you can be open to what can be poured into you. A lot of people don't get stuff poured into it because they're looking for a particular beverage.
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 5: If you thirsty, what difference do it make if you drinking cold called coconut water. You're trying to cure your thirst, dog, And if it take Coke zero to get it done, it's when you're a desert. You ain't got time for this, bro, what you're talking about? Go to invest Fest.
Speaker 2: And be open to how it can be poured into you. Man.
Speaker 5: The majority of things that have happened to me happened to me man in ways that I didn't see coming, but I was open to it.
Speaker 2: So invest Fest is a great opportunity.
Speaker 5: Like you say, you have all these different angles there for a person, but take up. Don't come to invest Fest this. I'm coming in here to meet this person. I'm gonna walk away with this. Come here to meet the right person. Skip who he is, what color is, what business he is? You need to meet the right people.
Speaker 7: If you were thirty or thirty five and we were attending, how many people would you try to meet or like, who would be your networking strategy while you're there?
Speaker 5: Well kind of pretty much like I said, man, look I know where my goals in that have always been, and it's cool to have your vision board laid out in front of you, and that's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: But once again, the.
Speaker 5: How to attain it and probably ain't gonna go to where you thought it was gonna go.
Speaker 2: It almost never does.
Speaker 5: Man, nothing I've asked God for has happened in the time I wanted it to happen, and it showed didn't happen the way I wanted to happen. I would have loved to have been where I am today when I was thirty five.
Speaker 2: He would have loved to.
Speaker 5: But he said, Nah, comea let you live in the car for a little while. Yah, I ain't the person. I didn't need that. I really didn't. I didn't felt it very strongly that I did. Whatever lesson you're teaching me, God, think I got it. I hung out for a little while, and so now I look back at it. And somebody asked me and said, hey, man, if you could go back to any age, what would you go back to? And I said sixty four. He said, yeah, but you sixty five. It's as far back as I need to go back. The best I've ever had it, This is the best I've ever had it. Man, if you could go back and be twenty five again.
Speaker 2: No, man, that dude back there. No, No, that dude six sixty four is where it's at. Once you get it together, it's together. Have you look?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: You got people you went to high school with, right and you see them and they still talking about when they was in high school.
Speaker 2: Boy, man, I was this athlete. I did this.
Speaker 5: Dog, what you're doing to move this narrative forward? If high school was your best years, you've made a series of bad mistake decisions. If college was your best years, you've made a series of bad decisions.
Speaker 2: Dog, you got to move. Come on, man, how was college for my best year? I had nothing.
Speaker 6: For real?
Speaker 5: Dog, If I'm sixty five and it was better for me at thirty five, why did I grow to this?
Speaker 2: What was I doing for the thirty years?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 5: Man, I was packing and stacking. I was hustling and grinding. So like, this is as good as I got. I got, I got some means, I got some wisdom, I got a family, I got an empire. What I'm gonna trade that in for? No, I don't want to be thirty five. I don't want to be fog.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you brother Da, Thank you so much for sure.
Speaker 2: Thank y'all.
Speaker 5: My graduates from my school being forced back drop bag drop, Mike, drop back, drop drop.
Speaker 10: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday? How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need