Speaker 1: Hey there, folks, welcome to the podcast TJ Holmes and Amy roboc Here and this episode of Amy and TJ. We are going to get you caught up on what is supposed to be the start of the fifth week of testimony in the Ditty trial and robes today as we record, this testimony is going on. But before they even got the testimony, things have been interesting. So before we even get folks to the last day of testimony that wrapped up, we need to tell you what happened this morning in court.
Speaker 2: That's right, because Ditty's defense team had made the argument, in fact, over the weekend asked for a mistrial. They said that there was prosecutorial misconduct based on the testimony of Brianna Bongolan. She was the star witness from last week. And what Didty's team is saying is that the prosecutors either knew or should have known that what she was alleging happened couldn't have happened because he was not even in the same city in La that she says he was in when she claims he dangled her off that balcony.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a tough one to think. How did you will not know this, but yeah, this is everybody. The lady you were talking about was the one you heard this story. It seemed like for a year plus now. He allegedly dangled her over this balcony on September the twenty sixth of twenty and sixteen. She of course a close friend of Cassie bin Tura Fine, it was her place at the time, but robes that date. We say it because it is very important. She did this on the stand and in previous interviews. She's stuck by September twenty six, twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: And here's the deal. You know what these people say, I've got receipts. They actually have a hotel receipt little that shows that Diddy was in New York days before and days after September twenty six, twenty sixteen. So there's absolutely no way he could have done what she claims he did on that day.
Speaker 1: So what's the issue there? Being right, he wasn't the hotel stay. It's one thing to say, well, she was off a day or two. Even if she is off a day or two, he was still in New York at the Trump International Hotel. Just so happened to be he was already there So what they're arguing now is that the prosecution you had to know this, So if you knew it, you put her up there and allowed her to perjure herself, and that is prosecutorial misconduct and we should have a mistrial. That's the argument. They filed for the mistrial on Saturday. Yeah, they did this over the weekend and this morning. It seemed pretty dramatic when they came in, but the judge didn't want the trial to start immediately. He wanted to have a couple of conversations.
Speaker 2: Yes, so prosecutors they were all huddled in separate corners of the room. The court observers have been talking about how it was not the way they've typically started Monday morning with testimony, and so it seems like the judge is now going to give prosecutors a chance to respond before he makes a decision as to whether or not there would be a mistrial. This is the second time the defense has asked for a mis trial. They asked for it last month.
Speaker 1: I believe correct same thing. Prosecutorial misconduct. They were essentially saying, they asked a lot of questioning about Kid Cutty's car blowing up, that they thought they shouldn't ask, and it tainted the jury. The judge eventually came back and said, no, we're good, we're fine, and moved on. Now. It's a pretty high bar for a mistrial, as we know, and a trial like this and all the work and the effort, and yes, the money and the resources that have gone into this, it's got to be really bad right before a judge with declare mistrial. But hey, I am no legal expert, I'm no lawyer. I don't know how bad.
Speaker 2: Was this we had this conversation, nor do I know. So, yes, they have a day to respond to the defense's argument and then the judge will make a decision based on that. But until then, testimony is going to continue today, and of course Jane Doe, the pseudonym that she is being called by Jane, will be back up on the stand today after an You know, it sounds like we're a broken record, but it was an unbelievable day of testimony on Friday. It was shocking, it was gutting.
Speaker 1: We are a broken record, but we've been correct every single time, right every single time. It sound like we're saying the same thing, but I have my I continue to be floored. I say, Okay, they're going to talk about freak offs again. What more can you hear about a freak off? Well, apparently a lot more, a lot more. There's just different details in here. We should give your heads off, folks. Some of this stuff we are going to just pass along to you that they did testify to over the past couple of days is really really gutting to hear and difficult to hear. So just the heads up there as we go through this. But yes, as we speak as this recording here on a rainy, dreary Monday morning in Lower Manhattan, I don't know if you can hear the police cars the sirens in the background here, but yes, we are literally a couple of blocks from the courthouse I hear downtown. But she's back up and testifying today. They expect her to be up the rest of the day, just on direct so not even getting to the cross examinity examination yet. So she's going to be up. But she, like you said, Robes on Friday, and this was a highly anticipated witness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she made it clear she did not want to participate in some of these what they were called an all star party freak off like it's an extended version of the freakoffs we heard so much about from Cassie Ventura. These were like even worse, even longer, more men. And she went through these text messages of talking about how she did not want to participate. And yet she also kind of surprised the court and jurors at least and those of us who are listening to her that Diddy is still paying for her rent. And she talked about the financial control he held over her, but to this day he is paying for her housing right now. And she also maybe that's wild.
Speaker 1: He's sitting there listening to a woman testify against him. Yes, she says, she doesn't want to be there, but she has to testify. He has to hear all this stuff. She has a prosecution star witness. And he is paying her rent as we speak. This is not he used to currently currently. I never heard of anything robes. As to why he's.
Speaker 2: Paying it, well, she said it was a part of a verbal love contract, so basically a two year deal. She gets ten thousand dollars a month. She also pointed out that he didn't like her teeth, so he paid for a new set of veneers. But then he used to say things to her like, look at that roof over your head and look at your pretty smile, basically saying, here's what I did for you, and here's what I need you to do for me, which is to do these free costs.
Speaker 1: Repeatedly she said anytime she gave any resistance, showed any resistance to wanting to do one of these sex sessions, that's the first thing that came up. So this is what the prosecution, the government is trying to prove here that this is not somebody who was there voluntarily. Now, this is not consensual. She is being paid for a service, and if she doesn't perform that service, she's punished. They're trying to prove a sexual African case. Again, I'm not a legal expert, but that is what the legal experts will tell you. They'reetting it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she too, like so one of these other women who have come up, and she was one of his ex girlfriends, but she talked about how she loved him and she just wanted to be with him and didn't realize that this was going to turn into what it seems like it turned into for just about everyone else that he dated. Where he preferred watching his girlfriend have sex with other men, whether she liked it or not, versus having sex with him. She said they even went on a trip together and she thought it was just going to be the two of them. Oh yeah, she was so excited. And she said he got bored and ended up inviting a male escort, and.
Speaker 1: So she's wild. But thinking it was going to be one thing, it turned into something else. It was weird to hear her, to see the transcript of her using the word board like he just he got bored, Like it wasn't good enough, She wasn't good enough. Whatever was going on wasn't good enough, and he needed that to be excited, which is to watch his girlfriend have sex with another man. And that was a big one Robes because into a Fine said the same thing, like she was desperate to have one on one tying with him, so they wanted to keep him happy in oneever way so they could spend time with him. And so she kept doing it and kept doing it and kept what was it, ninety percent? She said, other time.
Speaker 2: Was with it with him other men, And she said there were times where she had sex straight for more than twenty four hours. I cannot even imagine and she said, yeah, it was really painful. I was extremely sore. She talked about after all of these she would have a uti or a yeast infection and she had to keep working having sex through that, and ah, that is so painful. That makes me feel physically ill to think about as a woman. I know that pain a little bit, but nothing like for twenty four hours straight. I can't even imagine what that must.
Speaker 1: Have felt like. And she I don't remember casting into a fine And maybe you can help me on this talk about having to have sex with multiple men on one night. I know she said the sessions when low. I don't remember the multiple men in one night part of her testimony. But this, this Jane is certainly she certainly said they were occasions, there were three guys. Was this her birthday? The birthday? So she had a birthday in twenty twenty three, and for her birthday he insisted that she have sex with not one, not two, but three men on her birthday robe.
Speaker 2: She said after she had sex with two of the male escorts, she started throwing up. I mean, think about just the physical exertion. But then she obviously she even said she tried to do one sober one time, and she couldn't, so she needed to be on drugs ecstasy, et cetera, even to get through it. And so imagine all of that physical exertion, these drugs that are in your body. Yeah, she got nauseated, she threw up. She was concerned, and he said, hey, good, now you'll feel better. Let's go because the third guy's here.
Speaker 1: That's cool. That is terrible. It's true. Again, there's all allegations of how she's recalling the story, but my goodness, some of her details were incredible. So the thing she's having sex, the two guys she throws up, and the guy she's in a relationship with right that loves her, that cares for her, say, good that you threw up because the third guys here, look at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll feel better now, so you can keep on going. For the third guy, I just yeah. So she is sitting there and making just like setting a scene that is truly, truly sounds like a horror show. And she was not only she says, forced into these sex acts because she needed money and literally needed the roof over her head, but also she says she was forced to carry drugs for Diddy, across state lines. So these are all and the prosecution is setting up that charges against him right now. But there was a text message. She spent a lot of the time on the stand reading text messages, and there's one in particular, and we're going to read it because it just it's so powerful and it just gives you an idea of where her head was during all of this. But here is a text that she sent to Ditty, you know, And.
Speaker 1: This is important. It's one thing when folks get on the stand and they're recalling something and tell a good story and allegedly this allegedly that. But this is a text message from whatever, how many years ago, two, three, four, five years ago. She's sending this message not thinking she's going to end up in court. She's sending this message not thinking that anybody will ever see this. That is so important that to see where her mind was at the time. I think the text messages are more damning than most of the testimony.
Speaker 2: I do too, because it's not something like you said, you're not recalling, you're not embellishing, you're not misremembering. I mean, this is exactly where you were. That was your state of mind, and you had no reason to put this in writing other than to express yourself to someone. So there was no motive behind this, no ulterior motive. Okay, here is the text that Jane sent to Ditty. I'm so much more than being loved in the dark in hotel rooms, doing things that make me feel disgusted. I don't want to play this role in your life anymore. It's dark, sleazy, and makes me feel disgusted with myself. I don't want to feel obligated to perform these nights when you with you in fear of losing the roof over my head. That is so chilling. And then Ditty's response is even more chilling. So what did he say to her? Girls stop completely dismissive.
Speaker 1: I think that might be some of the most damning and corroborating evidence at least we have come across in here that was in real time at the time, and she is begging to be let out.
Speaker 2: It's heart breaking.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I know a lot of folks and people will continue with Look, you're grown, folks. You had the option, you had the choice. You could have done this, you could have done that, And I understand and I'm yes, the therapists and the psychologists will tell you whatever difference when it comes to people who are abused. I mean, this was this young lady. I am nervous robes about what happens cross examination, Oh my goodness, because she has so much damning experience with him. Like, how do you go at this woman as a defense attorney and not look like a monster attacking her because her I don't look. You can believe what you want to believe, but if you listen to this woman, you know she went through something. If it's enough to prove and get him in jail, that's a different situation.
Speaker 2: But you kata, yeah, I mean she was, she was trying on the stand as she saw. So the video, one of the FREAKUF videos, was played and it was played for jurors, and only the attorneys and jurors could see the video. They made sure that the rest of the courtroom could only hear the audio. Can you imagine the worst, most awful, just the fact that there's a video of something that's so terrible and so embarrassing. I would think, I don't want to put that word in her mouth, but I'm just imagining what it would be like. And to know everyone's watching it, and they have to watch it in order for some of these charges to land, or at least for them to understand what was going on.
Speaker 1: You know, in there, we always think about it like the worst thing in the world. Something goes viral, the internet goes in the the video goes on the internet. Okay, that's awful. She has to sit in a courtroom and describe it. That's terrible. For a room full of strangers to walk them through it. They see her on it. And this was one the at least the audio again, the audio is playing for the whole portna. That's just as awful. One of the moments on the audio that's captured is Robes Diddy saying he doesn't want her to use a condom with this male escort, and apparently he insisted on that every time.
Speaker 2: And you know, you're that's a whole other level of cruelty, because yes, now you're I mean, you're risking potential pregnancy, I guess, but maybe she was she had some other form of protection. But mostly you're risking your physical health as well, because you don't know STDs, all these things that can be I'm just saying, I just that's a whole other level of I don't care if what you get, what you contract, what you might get from this person, you don't even know.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing they said, Oh, she was testifying he would only want to have sex with her after he had watched her have sex with another man, Like, why would he even be oway?
Speaker 2: You're right, he's putting himself also in physical jeopardy as well with what could possibly have been contracted. Or it's just a terrible, awful, just icky, gross thing that it just seems to continually have more details than I could have ever imagined.
Speaker 1: It's wild. But she continues got on the stand today so we could see her. The prosecution has already said we do not expect to be done by the end of the day with her, so that means the cross examination is not going to start before tomorrow at the earliest. But still, am I not star first thing in the morning? Who knows? And what was the schedule as well?
Speaker 2: They were so she has an international flight on Thursday, and so last week the prosecution was concerned about whether or not that timing was gonna work out. So that just shows you how much they had been planning to question her. And then yes, what the defense decides to do, is anyone's guest in terms of how they're going to handle her and how tough they're going to be with her?
Speaker 1: And they who was the I'm trying to think of a previous but they they were pretty respectful to a couple of previous folks on the stand. The fence was and then the lad was it I can't remember? They went after one? There was one?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 1: Brianna Bungling absolutely after after her? So who knows who how this is going to get handled, but she is a critically important risk witness and we are seeing that play out. So folks, we will continue, and again, thank you all for continuing to listen. We know you're listening. Anytime we think, ah, maybe we shouldn't do one today, maybe the testimony wasn't that, it's not going to be so jaw dropping. It just every single time, and we have been seeing that. Folks, you all have been listening and you continue to listen. So now we feel like we're doing it. We're doing something that least people are looking for and depending on to get their updates. A one stop shop, I think is what you.
Speaker 2: Call one stop shop. So yes, thank you, We will continue to update you all as information becomes available in the Diddy trial, but in the meantime, we hope you have a wonderful Monday, and thanks for listening.