Speaker 1: A ton of talent. I want to go two ways with Drew Holliday, but I'm gonna have to go with Reggie Miller as my two at my Actually, I'm gonna flip this. I'm gonna go Drew Holiday at my two. I'm gonna put Reggie at my three. I'm gonna put Kevin Love at my four, and I'm gonna put Kareem as center the bus bookies as I got Barren, Drew Holliday, Reggie Miller, Kevin Love, and Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
Speaker 2: Okay, bring out the brooms, y'all getting swipt man?
Speaker 1: You think so? B d Reggie Miller, I ain't gonna get to win.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's cool. Dudes were cool with them. We're cool with a lot of them when they come to playing five to five. Look it's that five.
Speaker 1: Let the march madness begin. The NCAA Tournament is officially underway and the games are being played all around the country, and the best way to track a schedule and tickets is with Game Time. I just pulled up the app and I can see that all the games are here at Crypto Arena. At the end of the month, That's what's great about the game Time app. I can see the whole NCUBA tournament schedule or just look to see when the tournament's going to be near me. Game Time has the best layout, hands down. I'm always checking the game Time app for upcoming events. It's nice to have an app that's one hundred percent reliable with the money back guarantee, so I know I'm getting the best deals on tickets, and the game Time app always comes through with the last minute deals. I'm going to concerts and games this year because of game Time. I just picked the section and I can see the view from my seats. Game Time picks the seats for the best price. I take out the frustration and guesswork out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, creat an account. Use the code Smoke for twenty dollars off your first purchase. That's code Smoke for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Download the game Time App. Last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed. Every year, millions of people fill out a bracket for March Madness. But did you know the chance of getting a perfect bracket is one in one hundred and twenty billion.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna submit my inevitably broken bracket to couselight dot com slash march hoops. Predicting a perfect bracket it's damnar impossible, but scoring some cold, hard cash or cool prizes is possible.
Speaker 1: Now that I've let go of my imperfect predictions for the tournament, I choose to chill and crack over the ice cold corse Light. I'm not letting my bracket break me. I choose chill and choose cors Light this March.
Speaker 3: Look out for some dope prizes throughout the tournament at corslight dot com slash march hoops.
Speaker 1: There's sixty seven games in the NCAA tournament, so that's sixty seven opportunities to crack open a corse Light when the mountains turn blue on the bottles. I love cors Light. It's my beverage choice because it's refreshing and easy to drink, and.
Speaker 3: It's easy to get Course Light delivered straight to your door with Instagraart by going to courselot dot com slash smoke Celebrate Responsibly Course Brewing Company, go to Colorado.
Speaker 1: Welcome Back Unplugged, our weekly look at what's going on out there. We got a special guest today, friend of the program, brother of the team, the Marcus Cousins. Welcome to the show, stack Bug, What's up?
Speaker 4: What up with it?
Speaker 1: My next show is gonna be from a new crib. I'm excited. Congratulations, Yeah, thank you, thanks, looking forward to a new environment, Boogie, going back to Taiwan. Second deal with the beer Leopards. Congratulations.
Speaker 2: I wanted him in the Big Three. That the Big Three with congra Congrats, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: So how old are you right now?
Speaker 4: I'm thirty three, thirty.
Speaker 1: Three, so you definitely still got some juice in the legs. How was the last experience out there and what took you back?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 5: It was it was amazing just to love how genuine the people are, how kind of people are, hospitality, you know, everything, everything you can imagine and want, you know, coming to a new environment or a new place. So you know, they made they definitely made it worth my while. I enjoyed my time over there. You know, I've built some some really good relationships over there, mess some really cool people.
Speaker 4: So I'm excited to be back.
Speaker 5: You know, I look forward to my future, you know, moving forward with the team and the organization, and uh, you know, I'm just enjoying life.
Speaker 4: Bro, I still love the game of hoop.
Speaker 5: Uh, so I'm gonna I'm gonna get it in where I can, you know what I mean, and be outside of that. You know, I'm still expanding, you know, my horizons, trying to spread my wings and feel my way through this, you know, just thing called life. So that's just where I'm at right now. And uh, you know I'm dibbling, dabbling and everything. So I'm in a good.
Speaker 1: Place, solid pay come on, man, you know me, Brodie, Yeah, so I gotta be solid love that point. We're gonna get to it. And it's not even that would you say it's about fifty sixty days, so a couple of months out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a month and a half something like that. So you know, you finish up the end bit of regular season and then uh, you know, off into the.
Speaker 1: Playoffs and ready to rock. You ready to go.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to go, bro, Absolutely ready to go.
Speaker 1: How much juice? You feel like you still got? Uh in your game? You know you said you're thirty three. Obviously the goal is to get back in the NBA, and for whatever reason, that's not happening, you still play the game? How much long do you see yourself playing?
Speaker 4: Honestly?
Speaker 5: Man, you know, God willing my body holds up. You know, I put a lot of time into my body at this stage in my career to you know, just keep this engine going. But uh, you know, God willing that my body holds up. I could play this game, you know, until I'm forty. Bro, just with the way I play the game, I understand the game. I've never really relied on athleticism. I've always used I don't get a lot of credit for it. For whatever reason. I've always tried to use my IQ to you know, get me through the game. But you know, I think I got a lot left in the tank. I can help a lot of teams.
Speaker 4: But you know, like I.
Speaker 5: Said, I'm also in this space where I'm gonna go where I'm wanting and appreciate it, you know what I mean. So you know I ain't begging or kissing ass to make nothing happen.
Speaker 4: Y'all know what I can do.
Speaker 5: Y'all know what I bring, and you know, if the opportunity presents itself, you know I'm gonna be a pro and you know, go in and do what I do.
Speaker 1: What do you feel like the level of play is out there for those who are not familiar with the league, can you compare it to a level of play.
Speaker 5: You kind of get put in this place of you know, once you become a pro and that's all you've really experienced. This isn't necessarily for everybody, just for certain individuals. And I'm guilty of that. I had the luxury of only you know, playing in the NBA. You know, I never experienced the G League. I never had to do any of those type of things, so I was ignorant to you know, the talent and just basketball. And obviously we all got homies that we feel like can make it. But you know, you sometimes you you put this narrative like man with shit, if you good enough, you'll make it regardless, And that's just not necessarily the case. So it's not always about what you know. Sometimes it's who you know. You know, everybody isn't presented the opportunity. Everybody isn't putting put in a position to to see it is coaches.
Speaker 4: That's sabotaged motherfuckers out here. That's a real thing.
Speaker 5: So it's a lot of you know, different scenarios as to why you can't, you know, display your talent at the so called considered highest level. So you know, I've I've earned a new respect for it because I've realized, Man, it's some really good basketball players all over the world, bro and and and can play at a high level. And you know, I'm glad I am experiencing this side of the game because it's opened.
Speaker 4: My eyes so much.
Speaker 5: And uh, you know, and at the end of the day, it really helps you appreciate the game as a whole and what it's done on a worldwide basis.
Speaker 1: Considering it's March, man, this selection Sunday was yesterday. The tournament is right around the corner, and we have Boog today. So Kentucky and UCLA the two of the most you know, obviously prestigious schools national championships turning out pros. Currently Kentucky has one hundred and thirty two players they put in the league, UCLA one hundred and two. So Boogie and I are gonna pick our all times starting five from both of our respective schools. And Jack is gonna tell me or tell us, tell y'all which team he thinks is better. So bo We're gonna start with you. You're the guest Kentucky long list of killers. Who's your five?
Speaker 5: This's gonna be easy for me at PG. I'm going with John wall Uh. You know, he basically started, you know, this whole way, so you got to show respect, you know what's been done shooting gard I'm going with d Book small forward. I think we need to lengthen the defense to go along with shot making. I'm gonna go with Tayshaun Prince power forward. Obviously, Anthony Davis another you know, founder of this shit, and that's it. I'm going with myself. We're gonna hold the pain down and dominate.
Speaker 1: So that's a tough mat for rough That's a tough So I got a question to our panel in here are we going? I mean, what kind of because I mean, obviously we got Kareem and Bill Walton on this list, but are we playing that kind of game? Were playing the new game? What kind of game were playing? Man? Playing current basketball?
Speaker 2: If you put Bill Walton on your team, you lose. I'm telling you that now.
Speaker 1: Hey, Bill Walton had a lot of game.
Speaker 4: Bro. Yeah, Jilani too, Jilani.
Speaker 1: Too, Jelanni on the team, You're gonna lose.
Speaker 5: Man a chance, you don't stand a chance.
Speaker 4: You gotta go out number fifteen on the other side.
Speaker 2: Chance.
Speaker 1: So my point guard, I mean there's a long list. I mean we got Westbrook, Lonzo Ball right here. But I think I'm gonna go with the healthy Baron Davis at my point at the two guard a ton of talent. I want to go two ways with Drew Holliday, but I'm gonna have to go with Reggie Miller as my two at my Actually, I'm gonna flip this. I'm gonna go Drew Holiday at my two. I'm gonna put Reggie at my three. I'm gonna put Kevin Love at my four, and I'm gonna put Kareem as center the bus bookies as I got Barren, Drew Holliday, Reggie Miller, Kevin Love, and Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
Speaker 2: Okay, bring out the brooms. Y'all getting swept? Man?
Speaker 1: You think so b d Reggie Miller, Drew.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna get to win. That's that's that's cool. Dudes were cool with them. We're cool with a lot of when when they come to playing five five, it's that five.
Speaker 1: I don't I mean fairness. I don't know. Is there a school that you could really funk with all time over there?
Speaker 2: Give you? I give you better. You said up the U C L A line.
Speaker 1: What what you see that you see a line of who you going with?
Speaker 3: I'm going with Russ K D You, Kevin Love and Julyannie. I robb with that before I robbed the other ship you put out there.
Speaker 1: So you you wouldn't have kareem on it.
Speaker 3: But they gonna, but they gonna battle harder than the niggas that he put out there the first time.
Speaker 4: That ain't gonna work. I'm gonna tell you that right now.
Speaker 1: You gotta think Kevin Love was a killer in college, and the killer really he got a guard, Yeah you got, but you gotta guarde. You gotta guard.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you stop backing like you're playing in every position.
Speaker 2: Boogie. You were talking about a A I'm talking that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: You don't know who's gonna show up at about worry about that. I know who gonna showup.
Speaker 5: That nigga, that nigga that was next to me in New Orleans, that's gonna that's who's gonna show up. If that's the A A D. You bring it, and it's a different story telling you. I put batteries in niggas back.
Speaker 1: Like I said before, is there a college that can really match up? I mean we could probably do a due lineup that might be able to but I don't really know if there's any college, to be honest with you. I mean, Kentucky's had a hell of a run, you know what I mean. So Kentucky's definitely had North Carolina. You know, you throw it.
Speaker 4: As of recently.
Speaker 2: No, No Carolina. North Carolina can put.
Speaker 3: Up a five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not not as older. No, definitely.
Speaker 5: We're talking about if we take it back in the day, I think we can definitely, you know, make some challenging list.
Speaker 3: But with she the stack House, yeah, Sam Perkins Worthy.
Speaker 5: She was not disagreement. I'm not disagreeing, brother, No, not at all.
Speaker 1: The current Yeah, I don't think anyone could really.
Speaker 5: You got about Lancelide name a question about that though Jolani ain't got a chance.
Speaker 6: Though hey bo wasn't.
Speaker 3: He had his way bore something something.
Speaker 1: Now Boogie was still paying on himself when jumping Jelannie McCoy was was jumping Jelani McCoy or Playboy All American Boogie was still feeding on himself back in the day. So he don't know about kylege Jelinney that got suspended for smoking too much weed. That was a different Jelini back then. Speaking of the tournament, there's been a ton of historical shots and moments right now, we're gonna go through a handful of them. We're gonna pick what one we feel like is our special to us, and then we're also gonna leave it up to our fans to let them decide what moment they feel was best. And we'll start with Kimba Walker's game winner, his step back, and just his run to get to the tournament that year was crazy. Remember Randolph Childress crossed over who he costs off Jeff mcguinnis and told him to come here and still hit that jumper. Christian Laitner's greatness in college arguably one of the greatest college players of all time. His game winning shot, Chris Jenkins game winner u se l bruin Tye and he took it the length of the floor to get the game winner. Jalen Suggs, I think it was against UCLA. The half court Buzzer be MJ's mid ranger to win a championship. So those I listed, any other you guys got and if so, what are from that list I gave you guys something that do you feel like is one of the best college moments?
Speaker 2: What's the kid named from Villanova?
Speaker 4: Chris?
Speaker 1: There's a Chris Jenkins, right, yeah, Chris game winning not too long?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like that that that one right there was big.
Speaker 6: Three seconds Chins.
Speaker 1: So that would be yours, Chris Jenkins game winner.
Speaker 2: I go with Chris. Chris Jenkins are kim book is the way Kimber did that? Dude?
Speaker 3: That dude shouldn't play no more after that.
Speaker 4: That's my That's my choice right there.
Speaker 2: Kimba every team, every team you see that video and be like, nah, bro.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with uh Man. That Jason Suggs ship was heartbreaking against us, but it was it was a great shot, So I'm probably gonna go with that Jason Suggs half quarter. You know, it has time to do something sucks for the win. That's our picks. You guys decide what you like and we'll see who comes up with it. We're gonna go back to and talk a little bit about Kentucky. Boogie, you were at a at a pivotal point when they you know, they changed the rules about being able to go to the league. You and John were both one and duns over there Kentucky. But you know, some say, as we were talking before, you know, you know you that run with you know, you and John and then obviously Greg Odin and KD they say it kind of say I wouldn't say saved, but some would say save college basketball at the time because there's just a lot of uncertain of what was going on. But your freshman year fifteen ten two blocks, All American, led the SEC and rebounds. Your team went thirty five and three, lost to West Virginia in the lead eight, who was headed by coach Joe Mizzoula over there in Boston. He was giving Boogie post work all game and that's why they lost. But talk to us about your college experience. Obviously, I think I saw you or did I see you talking about Are you and John talking about it not too long ago? Just about you know how heartbroken he was when you guys lost, and you know, obviously you were looking towards everything he had done and what was next? But what was that Kentucky run? And how special While we're talking about Kentucky is coach Cali Perry not obviously not a ton of a one national championship, but we feel like his presence in the game will will always be remembered, and probably more than just in the coaching space. I'm sure he seems like a dope dude too. So talk to us about Kentucky coach cal and you're running college man.
Speaker 5: College was, you know, one of the best experiences of my life. It was a big transition period for me. Definitely the most fun I've ever had, you know, playing a game of basketball. You know, it was young kids put on a huge and it's crazy because us going in I don't even think we realized how big of a stage we were really on. Because if people remember, originally we were going to Memphis. This was Kyle's This is when Kyle left Memphis going to Kentucky.
Speaker 1: So your class was gonna go to Memphis with Kyle.
Speaker 4: I was committed to Memphis.
Speaker 1: I was committed and I didn't know that, so who else? So that was John was committed to Memphis too.
Speaker 4: John was still coming along.
Speaker 5: He hadn't committed, you know, he had to do the Grand Finale ship, you know, but Blesso was coming. We also had at the time Exavier Henry Up. He ended up going to He ended up going to Kansas, Kansas, Okay. Once Kyle left, he ended up going to Kansas. We followed the Kentucky. I don't know why he didn't follow, but yeah, we went to a situation where the stage was way bigger than we ever expected. And honestly, it was just it was Eric Blessoe included, and I say we as in us three because we did everything together, like we we figured the ship out together, all of that. But with that being said, it was you know, we made the best of our situation. You know, it made us grow up, us all coming from similar backgrounds, you know, that's that was the most relatable thing for us. So that's why I say we kind of figured it out. You know, we weren't you know, the typical kids that were kind of groomed up to be pros and things of that nature. We were, you know, kids from an environment. We figured out how to make it out and we made the best of our situation.
Speaker 4: So college changed us.
Speaker 5: It turned us into you know, young adults, young men, and when it came to Kyle, uh, you know, that was probably the most important piece for our you know, our growth as young men. He prepared us to be pros. He didn't treat us like kids. He didn't treat us like college kids or collegiate athletes. He prepared us to be a pro. So he treated us like one and he expected us to act as such. So you know, he put a lot of pressure on us. And you know, they also determined, you know, if we were ready for this shit or not, and obviously we passed that test. So with that, you know, when it comes to Cal and just his ability, you know, to bring the best out of you, bring the best out of you, you know, help you understand the game as a whole and not just as an individual, because that's a real thing for up and coming hoopers. It's hard for young talent, the guys to look past themselves when it's time to you know, really learn how to play the game and be amongst other pros and other talent. So that's something that Kyle is not good at but great at. And you know, when it comes to Cayl, obviously it's you know, he doesn't have the historic you know thing where he's got twenty championships and you know, typical you know, Hall of Fame coach thing. But even though he does has one championship, I kind of put cal in that, you know that Alan iverson type, you know category where his influence and his influence on the game and what he brought to the culture and and how he changed the culture. And I think it's something that's forever lasting. And I honestly feel like Kyle was way ahead of his time. And it's the same thing that goes with Alan Irverson because you look at today's game and how people you know, carried themselves, dressed, the tattoos, the fashion, it's all good, you know what I mean. So and you know he was the pioneer for that. So I think Kyle is the pioneer for you know, this one and done thing, really embracing it to what we see today to now you know, kids are getting paid just to go to college. You know what I'm saying, I think Kyle was and I'm not saying and obviously it sounds like I'm saying something otherwise that wasn't the case.
Speaker 4: Well at least not for me, but.
Speaker 5: I think he was the pioneer this shit, and I think he stapled hisself in you know, basketball history, college basketball history, and you know, he's more than deserving of that.
Speaker 1: Even though he only has one championship book, I think he'll still be remember as one of the greatest coaches of all time when it comes to you know, similarly, obviously Ai. You know, only two years, no championships, but he'll still be one of the greatest players. And I think another thing point you touched on, which was great, cal embraced that one and done. A lot of these bigger universities has still have a hard time doing it. Duke doesn't like it. I know UCLA doesn't like it, like these bigger schools, these traditional schools don't like the one and done. But cal embraced that shit and made it fun. And that's why I feel like they still continue to get these top players because they were okay with Hey, come in, I'm like you said from the rip, I'm gonna treat you like a pro. And if if at the end of this year, if it's time to go, it's time to go. And it was a fun year. And I think kids appreciate that, you know, because like I said, UCLA is not big on the one and done.
Speaker 4: I mean, Mick.
Speaker 1: Cronin really barely plays freshmen at UCLA, and I think that kind of slows down the process of even getting some of these top kids. So currently cal has forty seven players in the league, and six of this past season all stars came from coach Cal you know what I mean. So not only that guy signing Max deal. What do you think Buggie as obviously someone who was around him and coach by him, and he's still, you know, a part of your life. What do you think his secret to successes is the way he's real and his ability to communicate with you guys. What makes Cal so special?
Speaker 4: First off, his honesty.
Speaker 5: You know, Kyle ain't putting sugar on ship and trying to sell it to you, you know what I mean. So he's gonna be one hundred percent straight up with you. And he also has an eye for talent. He knows if it's his system, he knows what you know. He knows what type of players he can bring the best out of. He knows what type of players he can, you know, increase their abilities.
Speaker 4: All of these things.
Speaker 5: So he has an eye for that, and I think he just has a talent for you know, managing talent like that's that's a real thing. That's talent A lot of coaches is, but a lot of coaches lack that and they struggle with that part of coaching. That's something that doesn't get highlighted enough. So with those things, I think that's what you know, that's what you get out of cale and as a player and as a young kid at one point trying to become a pro and get to that next level, that was something that you know, meant the world to me that I could have a coach that wasn't gonna you know, tell me a lie, tell me everything I wanted to hear, and also just be straight up like, look, you do this, this and this. I can help you become a pro, but it's also on you to do this, this and this. I can, I can lead you to the water, but it's up to you to go drink it, you know what I mean. And you know that's that's one of the things I appreciated mostly about God. Now, motherfucker did lie to me, though he did lied to me.
Speaker 4: In my recruitment. That motherfucker told me I was gonna be bringing the ball up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I tried in my first practice. Man, I didn't even turn the ball over. He blew the whistles, stopped the practice. He like, what the fuck are you doing? Like I got John water projected number one point guard coming out, and I got my fucking center bringing the ball up. And then that moment, I'm like, damn, this motherfucker lied to me.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 5: But and I that shit helped me opened up other areas of my game. It helped me understand how to be a you know, a big one I needed to be, and you know, it helped me balance out my talent.
Speaker 4: So in a way it helped in long.
Speaker 1: Brown dope shoutout coach. This current Kentucky team has possibly four uh new NBA prospects on the horizon. Obviously Rob Dillahan, which everyone's going crazy over, our brother, Dwan Wagner's son d J. Wagner, Rex Shepherd, who is super high on people's boards. They're talking about him top two or three, and then Aaron Bradshaw Boogie. Out of those four, they're all wrong, They're all wrong.
Speaker 3: What you mean justin Jefferson gonna be Colders out of all of them. Watch, He's gonna be the best NBA player out of all of them.
Speaker 4: Watch.
Speaker 2: Remember I said that.
Speaker 3: Justin Netwiths, just Justin Elwis, I said, Justin Jefferson, just Eedwards, he gonna be the he gonna be the best pro out of all of them.
Speaker 2: Watch.
Speaker 1: He's not. He's not coming up this year, though, Is he possibly?
Speaker 2: Possibly? I think he will? M hm, he might, he might. He might be that fifth guy. M hm.
Speaker 1: Well, Buck, talk to us about these four right here?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: Uh all super talented guys. I think they all got the ability to you know, get to that next level. H Rob, that's facts. But hey, this is a small man's league now, so it's all good. Rob Dellagham being you know, kind of the you know, the brightest name on this team obviously. I think he's the most talented, you know, possibly have the most potential, you know, long term, an electric player. Uh Kyrie irvin Ish, you know when it comes to you know, being as crafty as he is with the ball, being able to create off the dribble, things of that nature, using the dribble to creat as well. So uh Kyrie irving ish Ish, Uh DJ Wagoner we all know, you know, son of Dwan Wagoner. Wen Shepard also another pro son. I think I think he'll be fifteen possibly twenty year pro if he wants to be.
Speaker 4: He's that good.
Speaker 5: He can fit any role, plays both sides of the ball, IQ through the roof. Probably a coach's dream when it comes to, you know, having certain players on your team. Like I said, he's a do it all player, knows how to play the right way, can fit any system. So I think any coach wants that. I do agree with you. Stack Justin Wis does have a lot of potential. It's still high. He has a you know, he has a very high ceiling. He's a six seven six a wing, can do it all athletic, but you know he is still putting things together. I think this type, I think this, you know this this tournament run is you know, make a break to see if he will take that next step with intering the league or fat you know, coming back for that season. He hasn't had the greatest season. He has shown flashes though, shown a lot of you know, potential, but you know this run is going to determine a lot for him. And I think that goes for the big fellow Brasshaw as well. He got to fall in love with that weight room. He has all the potential to you know and intangients to be something special at the pro level, but you got to take care of his body and have his body go to the next level. You know, shot bocker can knock down outside shots, can run the floor really well. Like I said, the next part is you know, building up his strength and body. But you know, I think all these kids, like I said, very very talented. I hope I didn't skip out on any Oh well, DJ Wagner, you know, he was number one kid coming out of high school.
Speaker 4: So it's a lot that comes with that.
Speaker 5: You know, he's struggled a bit with finding his identity in college, which is, you know, a hard thing, especially when you're training to be The pro game in the college game is two different things, even though it's you know, it's basketball, you know what I mean, But it's two different things, and I think DJ Waannon has more of a pro game. So it's kind of hard to find your identity in at the collegiate level.
Speaker 4: But uh, you know, the flashes are there.
Speaker 5: Obviously, he's full of potential being the young kid that he is, but he's still figuring it out. And I also think this tournament run you know, will make or break his decision as well. But one thing I do love about the kid is the way that he competes on the defensive end, So that's gonna always you know, be in his favorite So but as far as who I think, you know, long run, as of right now, I'm gonna put my money on Reed Shepherd as you know, the best pro career. And that's more so because like I said this, he's a coach's dream like when it comes to intangibles as a player.
Speaker 3: We've seen a lot of players like that befold and they get to the league and you don't see it from no more so I want to see it.
Speaker 2: Who is that read Shepherd? We've seen a lot of read.
Speaker 1: Shepherds, Like who Tyler Herro is doing his thing?
Speaker 3: Everybody was just saying Austin Reeves was an All Star and now I ain't talking about him no more so.
Speaker 2: We didn't heard this type of stuff before.
Speaker 4: Who said that?
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people's matt come on, now, a lot of people saying that about Austin Reeves.
Speaker 2: But oh, my.
Speaker 1: God, say he was an All Star. He's still playing.
Speaker 4: Never heard that stat.
Speaker 1: He's still playing. He's like six.
Speaker 5: Shepherd becomes If ree Shepherd becomes an Austin Reeves, that's a really good career.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, that's gonna be a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Austin Reeves ain't no bomb. He's just not an All Star, which is okay.
Speaker 1: You know's got a lot of games. He's been playing well too. Yeah, here he goes. Well, good luck to all five of them young men in the tournament and man if they choose to come out going to the league. Next up, we got fan Questions March Madness Edition.
Speaker 2: This is a crazy when we get a cold white boy. Huh.
Speaker 1: This question from got hand from West Dot Dakota to six. Who are you guys haking Carmelo Anthony Syracuse Carmelo Anthony or Michigan's Chris Webber. We're talking strictly college And just for some reference, Sea Webb's number college numbers were seventeen ten and like two and a half assists and Carmelo's Anthony's were twenty two to ten and like two point two assists, so numbers not far off. Mello was the wings Sea Web was the four who were y'all taking.
Speaker 2: Mellow won it? Just throw that out there. What was that freshman year? Hollow?
Speaker 4: Not even a conversation, not a conversation at all.
Speaker 1: Brother, Hello, easy, easy, easy, Melo.
Speaker 4: And I'm a Mellow fan anyway, so me too.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna see where I'm gonna see Web A Michigan fan too.
Speaker 2: I wantwn to it.
Speaker 4: But I don't give me Melo.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 4: Alright, many smells.
Speaker 1: Man, Next question. Gwyn nineteen sixty eight. The nineteen ninety one UNLV running Rebels with Larry Johnson, Stacey ug Being, Greg Anthony or Fab five.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get I was one when this ship happened.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, I'm going.
Speaker 3: I'm going with l J and them and the Plastic man Acles and Anderson Hunt. No, I'm going with all them because they go to Mayberry.
Speaker 2: I think it was Lee Mayberry.
Speaker 1: Now he wasn't there yet.
Speaker 2: That wasn't wasn't there yet.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Un l v uh that was l Jackson, Hunt, Anderson Hunt, Greg Anthony, Stacey Anthony. Yeah there was one, but they want right, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm going. I'm going with un l V. Just my grandmama was different.
Speaker 1: He was a master. I'm gonna go with I'm just gonna just just go on the other side. I'm gonna go with with Michigan and and that's because you know they was nice to Jawan Howard. The boys are nice. But yeah, I mean that that n LV is actually no, I'm not my bad web. I'm going to un l V. The motherfuckers is just cold. Stay next up, Red Iron C C four U two. I don't know what the fuck all that means, but long name what team used to be the powerhouse and the tournament that people under thirty don't know who used to be a monster in the tournament. I mean those duke teams were always good. I mean East team we mentioned, you know, Michigan had their run. You know if we had their run.
Speaker 3: I got one Offansas with Scottie Thurman, the Carls Williams and them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think u CLA beat them on the way the National Championship with ms Miller and Uhnas Donnas and uh Joe kim Noah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are tough teams. Corey Brewers Brewer, yeah, last but not least, Jimmy Bones fifteen oh three. How good was Duke's Jason Williams? Do y'all know you want to leave it to me? He was my he was my year. Jason Williams would have been a perennial. He would have been a perennial NBA All Star, perennial NBA All Star. He was six three with bounced mid range three pointer, a dog on defense like Jason Willis would have been a problem in the NBA. And he's someone I want to get on the show too, because I don't think people realize how good he was, Like we saw him first hand in the regular season. In the tournament. That motherfucker was a kill lure. He never got back right after the motorcycle life, I think he was a number two pick in the draft. Ou no mistake. And I want to say too, he did like what was the show Marbrashaw used to do inside inside stuff. He did a show like that where he pulled up and someone's gonna pull this up, maybe Dal and find this clip. He pulled up to an interview on a motorcycle and he even spoke on how the team said they didn't want him on a motorcycle. He ends up crashing the motorcycle and never being the same after that.
Speaker 2: Man, So he never played after that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he had. I think he did play some more, Jack, I just don't think he ever got back to uh To obviously to what he was. He was never the same after that NVA. So but he was. He was number two picking the draft National Champion. Like people need to go look up the white or the excuse me, the black Jason Williams from Duke because he was cold man. Shout out to Kyrie Irving for one of the most incredible game winners you will ever see. It was a runner, a left handed runner over Jokic from the free throw line for game.
Speaker 2: I'm not on social media, so Jack.
Speaker 1: It was some of it. It was just one of the most beautiful things you'll ever see. Bro looking in Irving, Herving just one of the most beautiful things. And I mean it leads me to think that, you know, arguably him, I put him and Kobe probably the two most skilled talented players we've ever seen, but just Kyrie was absolutely incredible.
Speaker 4: I gotta put him over cold man.
Speaker 1: Skill wise, You'll put him over you, and put him over Cod the.
Speaker 4: Motherfucker five eleven posting motherfuckers up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think you.
Speaker 3: Somebody on ESPN was saying recently though that the Mavericks didn't have no post game. They guards don't have no post game, and they got two of the best post guards in the whole league.
Speaker 2: Right, motherfuckers just be talking, know what they talk about? Uh.
Speaker 1: Dame tweeted after that shot that Kyrie is the most skilled motherfucker ever. Bruh. So, I think a lot of people are greening with you book. He was just tough. Who are your guys? Did you guys give me your your top three most skilled players of all time?
Speaker 4: Kyrie, Irvan, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm going.
Speaker 3: Kyrie, Irvin, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Call it Kyrie, Cole and Steph.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Joel, Yeah, Joel's tough.
Speaker 4: Top five for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a real life for Ship. Look, if you would have got to run your career the way you were supposed to run your career, you would definitely be in the top five. You was doing all this ship to Joel and Jokich was doing back then, dropping fifty point triple doubles. So I want to make sure you motherfuckers know about that.
Speaker 4: My handle wasn't as tight as Joe.
Speaker 1: It wasn't as No, but I think what it is. I think it's a different time. But I think, like I think, not even to your defense, because you still had a solid handle, but you were just doing point forward ship. Now he's doing more guards it. So if the game was where it is today, I feel like you would have had that type of handle too. You was just running up more of a Magic Johnson strong ball point type center type game. But yeah, no, it won't a.
Speaker 5: Lot of ice going back then either, so it wasn't necessar eily, well you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, real quick before you get out of here, shout out to our brother Eddie House and his son Jalen, who let New Mexico to the n cua A tournament. He was a Mountain West m v P. There was a viral moment where his son just went to work.
Speaker 6: House good five house of class too and took to.
Speaker 1: K I remember a little Jalen man being around the locker room with the clippers, and then you know there's there's photos of him out there as a youngster with KG and there when Eddie played for Boston. I love being able to see like our our you know, the guys we grew, you know, the guys we play in the league with their sons and this this next generation of Hoopers. Man, So definitely shout out to the house. Is that Mike Bibby's nephew, Jalen, Yeah yeah, because that's Chelsea.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah you do you definitely remember he was definitely around. Also want to shout out man. I just saw that you could hate if you want people out there, but Kim k and her skims man them ships taken over. She They had some of the top college players on the cover of Slam just recently in skims and and and she's made her way into the leagues and leagues various leagues, I man, so shout out her. And then also want to shout out my dog, JJ Reddick as he announced him and Lebron are doing a new podcast. Man, So I think I was excited for obviously jjuse that's my guy. And then every you know, everyone wants to hear Broun talk. But it just also made me think, like media is changing, man, Media is changing, and it's so yeah, it's so player driven, player heavy. Now that it's it's gonna be tough for other people out here to eat pretty soon if you're not a former player.
Speaker 4: They've been getting over too long. Bro.
Speaker 5: I love that these motherfuckers are ruined a lot of careers with you.
Speaker 1: Know, personal so absolutely, I'm.
Speaker 4: Cool with that.
Speaker 2: Did Bron and j play together?
Speaker 1: No, No, I just think I remember we're at ESPN. I remember Broun a few times since some tweets out and had a lot of respect for the way JJ was talking and moving. But Booge, it's funny you said that that the media bias that one person comes in particular is Russell Westbrook. I feel like the media fucked up his image. I don't think it was him at all, because if you know him, you love him, you fuck with them, you respect them. But the media, the Skip that, the you know, the clowns like Skip Bayless out there that continue to talk and disrespect and then the media. I mean, you know, fans that aren't well educated on the game will follow along in suit. So I think that's a perfect example of someone who, you know, if you ask his peers, a lot of love and respect his media pent or his outside perception is definitely deterred by the way the media's kind of painted him over the last handful of years.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 1: Make sure you can check out Tim Thomas this week. Arguably be one of the greatest high school players of all time. Definitely had a good time sitting down with him, I think last month in New York. So make sure you guys enjoyed that. You can catch this episode on all the Smoke Production YouTube and the Draft Kings Network. Bugie, appreciate your time.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you all boy man, Yes, sir always.
Speaker 1: Jacky Sir, appreciate you brother boys. Hold it down and we'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 2: M