Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: You. I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast. Yes, I am wearing a T shirt because I have poison ivy. All up, indel arms stop it.
Speaker 2: Yes, poison oak or poison ivy.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think I have. It's are you sure it's this is what happens when you go off the course looking for.
Speaker 3: No I thought you were joking.
Speaker 2: I actually like when you're in a white T shirt, it looks good on you. But oh my god, my one of my fears is poison oak.
Speaker 1: It's it's a it's a it's a wonderland of uh rant golf balls.
Speaker 2: Did you put calamime motion on it?
Speaker 1: My wife got me calamine today. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, seasons so sorry, don't touch anything.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't no, not the kind I have doesn't spread. It's different.
Speaker 2: Oh then maybe it is poison ivy.
Speaker 1: Yeah something, but it's nasty. Oh it's so itchy. So anyway, Season seven, episode one, Oh my gosh, whatever the name of it is, The Long Morrow, The Long Morrow Morrow. I heard podcast. I Heart Media one eleven, Radio one eleven, Media one eleven podcasts. I have a question, joined by Tara Amy Danielle Hello, Hello, Hello under the weather her voice lost her voice.
Speaker 2: Please don't penalize us for the fact that your queen is gone for one day.
Speaker 1: Has nothing to do with the contract negotiation and sudden loss of.
Speaker 4: Season seven Susanne's like, I need you deal.
Speaker 2: It's weird because in the rewatch, I'm so aware of the like no more Amy and Dan and the whole thing. I don't think I was so aware of it the first ten times I watched this, I.
Speaker 1: Think was the last time. Well, when's the last time you woke up to a rocket?
Speaker 2: You every day?
Speaker 1: You just take it easy there, folks, kids are listening. Yeah, this was a little I don't know, off.
Speaker 2: It's a little off.
Speaker 1: There's so much to unpack. There's so it just started out on a here. You know, I wrote down some thoughts about the fans, and I'm wondering as a fan, you know, if they felt deceived for six years with this light and delightful show that this is only to have the rug pulled like this, or are they used to it by now and they live in a world of lowered expectations and you know, I'm only here for the jokes and the episodes I love only and we accept these storylines and we're just going to have to deal with them and maybe they don't watch them anymore on the repeat side of things, you know what I mean. I thought there were some incredibly funny bits and great jokes and great writing. Yeah, and at times it really felt like the old show, But there was something really forced about it. Yes, and yes, I think what we discussed last week was forcing a narrative or apply onto characters when characters should be driving this, not writers, not notes. And this felt all nody and impositional and.
Speaker 2: It was hashtag trying too hard for me.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's skill more girls. Here's my main point. My main point is does this I mean, this show is it's it's light at its best, it is light fair. It cannot handle this kind of a heavy lift, and it's asking the audience to go along with this massive sea change of a breakup and I want him out of stuff, out of my I mean, it almost comes off like it's cruel or mean it. I'm so out of place because this is a light, funny, breezy show at its best with a maybe a heavy little thing at the end.
Speaker 2: The heaviest laurla I would have talked to Luke, like all those scenes where she's like, we're over and I'm not talking to you really, like really, you're gonna marry this guy and you say he's like the only person you've ever loved and you've been friends with him for this long, You're not gonna talk to him like that? Just to me was like, what gossip Girl planet am I an?
Speaker 3: I have a weird theory about it. I think not even a weird theory, but I think to Lorelai is telling herself that they're broken up to make what she did with Christopher somewhat okay.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, she definitely regrets that. She hates herself for that, and.
Speaker 3: She's like, well, we were broken up, we're broken up, we're broken up. It's like you couldn't have that color.
Speaker 4: Well, even in the first scene, you can just tell from her face in bed, you can tell she's like, I messed up. I don't know how much she regrets it, but I think she just knows she don't do the right thing.
Speaker 1: So here's the strangest line ever uttered out of Lorelei's mouth is confessing to this to Luke, I found that weird crazy Scott, It's like, what, totally okay, you just that's the show shows over that relationship is dead. I mean, if you wanted to kill the relationship, there you go.
Speaker 2: You know, I ask, okay, and I know everyone's like, Amy, you just kiss up, discunt, and it's like, I don't trust me. I don't like it will be like how about this idea? And I'm just like no, and he's like, I really think we should do that, and I'm like, We're absolutely never doing that. The only character, okay, not the only, but of a lot of the characters fell off to me other than Luke, Luke felt te lucish to me, you know, authentically Luke. Your performance was the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but have you ever seen him that pathetic?
Speaker 2: Grab Actually didn't think I actually didn't a little pathetic, right, I get what you're saying. He didn't really do anything that wrong that he needed to be, so listen, I.
Speaker 1: Have a pathetic meter over here that was on tech.
Speaker 3: I would argue to say that this was the first time we saw Luke come back to being.
Speaker 2: Luke, Like, yeah, I agree with you. Danielle he was very luky to me, and I was into it, and I thought Lorlai needed to treat him a little bit better, even if it was just to say, like, let's go have dinner and talk this through, even if ultimately she still broke up with him.
Speaker 5: It was so like, really, she's treating him like he cheated on her, literally, because that's what you do when somebody cheats on you and you're in a committed, loving relationship.
Speaker 1: It's over. But get your stuff out of my house. We're not talking about it. And I banged your best friend.
Speaker 2: You're blowing my mind right now because I was about to say I have friends getting divorced from their husbands that cheated on them that that will sit down and have a conversation over dinner about it.
Speaker 3: Like it was so like you what you couldn't argue that. I mean, obviously Luke didn't cheat on Laura, but he focus depending on something else.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean his kid? Oh you mean blessing Blood.
Speaker 1: Nobody was la he's out.
Speaker 2: By the way, I just learned this, if you hold up a peace sign on the zoom loses go flying.
Speaker 1: Do I have why is it happen?
Speaker 2: Maybe you don't have that on. Wait you guys, first of all, shout out to the person in the Instagram comments, because we I think we say something like I wish we could interview somebody that has a long lost child, and the person wrote, get Gavin Rossdale, and it's like, what you literally said to Danielle? Do you think we could ask Gavin? Is that just too weirds? It's like, I don't know anyone else? Do we know anyone else? Because I want to know, Like, in my opinion, if you learn you have a kid that you don't know about, walk.
Speaker 1: Out, just walk in downtown Hollywood, swing a dead cat around, You'll hit five.
Speaker 2: Do we call Mari Povich?
Speaker 3: I know you don't want the reverse where they thought a kid was theirs until the kid was five years old and then found out it wasn't, I know.
Speaker 2: The exact reverse. That's wrong, that's rough. But my thing is if you learned you have a kid that you did not know about, and you're a Luke type person who like is going to step up, I would think your entire world stops, your relationship, you're work, everything would just stop while you deal with this. I don't I don't know why, and I know the people that write to us so disagree with me. They sort of agree, but they disagree where I'm like, of course, your relationship's gonna suffer, and your work would suffer and all kinds of things because you're like, I just wanted to have a human child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of a big deal. It's kind of a life changing moment. It's kind of I don't love you. Listen. So we've we've debated this until the cows come home, right, but yeah, just very odd this. I would I an off.
Speaker 2: I hate on it. Just from a bird's eye view, I'd rather have season seven than nothing, do you know what I'm saying? Like, I'd rather be watching slightly off version of Gilmore Girls than have them ended it.
Speaker 1: I don't want that, right, It's it's slightly off version is far more entertaining.
Speaker 2: Than than nothing. Right. The other thing I did notice is, and I'm sure when we go secene by scene there's a couple monologues, like I think Rory has one, and I think there's that just felt like, oh, we better give some zippy zang dialogue and like and I'm just like mm hmm, oh wait until we get there.
Speaker 4: But there's I have a flag on a part of this episode, so we'll get there. But Scott, I do I do a question, Scott, was it were Did you bring over any of the same writers from seasons one through six to season seven or was it a completely new staff.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it's a revolving door there, okay, where you know, imagine being a Gilmore Girls writer. You know, because of the success of the show, you know, a lot of these writers got offers for other shows and deals, so they you know, rotated out and new ones came in, and that just sort of kept happening, I think. So we were always getting fresh writers and they're all great. I mean, they're all just super great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like people were nervous almost, like okay, you know when there's like so much pressure and so much change and you're like, oh god, nervous, you know, like it's kind of like how you feel like, I don't know, imagine if you worked at the White House, right, because you know, the staff stayed the same and a new president comes in. Obviously you're not going to be like hi, like even if on Tuesday you were high five in Baraq and then incomes another guy and you're like, oh, here's or here's your neck. Like That's how I felt a little bit, like everything depends right, like uh like I'm I don't know. I just was like, something's weird.
Speaker 1: Here's your pet pills. I don't fall asleep in the middle of the speech. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You didn't. Luke didn't come across nervous to me, but I think some of the others maybe they felt a lot of pressure. Everybody it just felt like, well, we got to make a great Domore Girls episode, and then instead it was sort of like, well, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, so speaking of the writers, you know, if anybody was nervous, it was it was Dan and Amy, and I think with new writers constantly coming in, you know, Amy and Dan and Amy, it did a lot of the polishing and a lot of the work after the fact that they'd receive an episode and they go through it. So it's a full time job for them. Even though they're not writing the episode, they are writing every episode, right, so their stamp is on everything. You could really feel in this one, there's no stamp.
Speaker 2: Right, it didn't have a polish.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, yeah, but still darn funny.
Speaker 2: I hate to say what I'm about to say.
Speaker 1: Still entertaining, is all get out. I gotta tell you, uh, it's you know who.
Speaker 2: Wrote this episode, David Road. It's a good Yeah, it's a good episode. It's a super b us. Okay, before we go into it, you guys, I hate to say what I'm about to say because I really have been.
Speaker 1: Don't say it, please over, Christopher, don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, not over.
Speaker 5: Christopher's going no, no, no, no, don't, just don't do it.
Speaker 2: No. He gave me, and I'm going to say it like he gave me a little of the dick in this. I didn't want to say the because it's such a like millennial thing, doesn't describe it. So he gives me a little bit of the willies in this. So we always called it like willies, give me the willies.
Speaker 3: But he was so like, we love your Lorelie, you know, like you knows she cheated on too.
Speaker 2: Many shirt shirtless Christopher.
Speaker 1: I think that guy is delutional. Definitely, he's delusional. He doesn't understand he's he's so out of touch, and he's so obsessed with his own plight and his own he's in his own confusion, mired in his own conflicting weird thoughts about himself and his life, that he's not at all in tune with anything moralized. Guy, damn about Look why should he punched him in? Did he punch him? Yetyeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys wouldn't have gotten the fist fight back at the reway.
Speaker 1: So it's like, there's no growth here of this character. There's no maturity, there's no consciousness, there's no it's he's just the most there's no magnanimity. Nanimity is the perfect way to do it. It's just it's just weird. And here's another another observation, is you know a character that has that many warts on him as Christopher does, does he taint the likability factor of Laura and sort of bring her down to his level because he's her own.
Speaker 2: She did that on her own.
Speaker 3: Wo wow, Yeah, you're right, she's going that marched on.
Speaker 1: Over the pay we've got over here.
Speaker 2: Oh I know we're going to go and see by scene. Uh you are number three on the credits.
Speaker 1: Yes, it.
Speaker 2: And I think what I would say is like, by season seven, there is no Gilmore Girls without Luke, do you know what I mean? Like you've become such an important part. You definitely are number three now, you know what I mean, There is no debating it. Like Melissa McCarthy's amazing, Keiko's amazing, everybody there's there. This is now a three lead show. And then I'd probably say Richard and Emily and then all the rest.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's that's why the number changed. I guess.
Speaker 3: Season seven, episode one, The Longmorrow air date September twenty six, two thousand and six. Lorlai wakes up in bed with Christopher, regretting her decision of spending the night with him. Luke tries to apologize and make up for the night before it's too late. Meanwhile, Rory is puzzled by a mysterious gift that Logan left her, and Taylor has a red light camera installed in front of the diner, which leads to an accident that angers the already agitated.
Speaker 1: The So we find Rory waking up in Logan's place and there's a gift and she opens it and it's a rocket. It's at like an old Apollo nine.
Speaker 2: Apollo was a big thing of alcohol.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I thought there was something in it too, There had.
Speaker 2: To be, Like I thought there was a liquor in that sapphires something.
Speaker 1: Anyway, what what do we think of this opening?
Speaker 2: Fine?
Speaker 3: Up?
Speaker 1: A good setup for all of the theories that they had.
Speaker 2: Is this the first moment we see We don't see Laura Lai first, or do we?
Speaker 1: No? No, we see Rory see Rory first?
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, fine, yeah, fine.
Speaker 4: I personally didn't really care for her storyline with Logan in this episode, with like figuring out what it meant. I don't know, I just yeah, I was so deep into the Laura Christopher Luke of it all that I was like, I didn't really need this.
Speaker 2: But then for me, Rory and Logan are totally together. I don't I don't need this wondering and like he's so in and she's so in. It's like, and it's what is it? You can you can make it till Christmas? Or tell him? You know what, I'm gonna come sooner? Like they're together? Paris? Shut up?
Speaker 1: I mean, nice friend, Paris is what.
Speaker 3: I think. I guess we'll get to it a little bit later.
Speaker 2: Fine, and fine, start they got the.
Speaker 3: Christ they got the ticket after Christmas or during Christmas, and it's this is right before summer that is as.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, but she could say something. She could say, fine, I'm coming earlier.
Speaker 3: Oh god, he's just saying, hey, I got you a ticket for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Because maybe he doesn't know she wants to come sooner. It's not his fuck. These people want every Oh, Danielle, you want everybody to be a marine.
Speaker 4: I think if he wanted to get her the ticket for Christmas, he's like, hey, I'd love for you to spend Christmas here, but also I want to see you before that, Like like that's what he could have done.
Speaker 1: Why is he playing games with Rory? He's why didn't he go to Laurie Rory and say I really would like you to come to London with me.
Speaker 2: He never really, I agree with He could have said for the whole summer, she should go for the whole summer.
Speaker 1: There was never any communication.
Speaker 3: About this, right saying tell me not to go.
Speaker 1: But that's playing games. That's just that's not stepping up. That is not stepping up. Why is he playing a coy little game like a little boy, like tell me who is he Betty Davis or something?
Speaker 2: It's like John a King step up right, right, I mean right.
Speaker 1: Like flashing your expressive eyes and and and you know, be a man and step up and say I want you with me in London.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're right. I think I can't hack it. I think you're right, Scott, he couldn't.
Speaker 1: It is just bullshit. I'm sorry, No, I think you're right.
Speaker 2: It's like she I think she was right to say you should go. I'm not going to tell you not to go. But why she could have just said, like, hey, it's some she does need to go back to finish school, right, so she has to go back to Yale in the fall, but it's June, Like she could just say, you know what, I'm not going to tell you not to go, but I'm gonna come with you and we're gonna make this great. I don't know. I don't know, maybe because my only theory is like, oh, Dandy got him the job. He can't bring his girlfriend. I don't know. That's like my only possims he can what.
Speaker 1: There was never a discussion, right, agree, he should have stepped up. That's on him.
Speaker 2: I actually would have been fine with her going for the summer and watching that, like I don't need what I'm watching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I did enjoy the racquetball scene when they're not playing, So that was the payoff for.
Speaker 2: That was funny.
Speaker 4: Also the way that like it's not like they just started dating, Like the way she tiptoes around him, it's like it's your boyfriend to talk to him.
Speaker 3: Somebody else could take a lesson from that book.
Speaker 2: Well, these people need to start communicating. It's like that's the only all of them.
Speaker 1: So Lorli wakes up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is where I got the hard ac.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that was. That was like you know when you walk into a party. Have you ever walked into a party with somebody and then that the record player that like the needle scratches over the record and everybody's just staring. That was what That's the analogy I'm gonna use for this scene. It was stuff like what is happening here?
Speaker 3: Kouring too curringy make you breakfast.
Speaker 2: With his shirt off? And I just was like, oh god, And all I could think about was that Tyler, Tyler from tiktoking like in a stupid buzz cut, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like that was That was an uncomfortable watch. That was an uncomfortable one and a half minutes it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was I don't hate Christopher and I I don't, but it gave me a little oh google.
Speaker 1: Willy Willy. Yeah, all right, now we're at So what else would you like to add to this? I mean when she closed the door, she did kind of gag. I thought that was a little much.
Speaker 2: We've all men there, not in our forties, but in college. Oh my god, I definitely kissed people. And then the next day you're like, am I gonna what did I do? And you have to say to yourself, block it, block it from your mind, block it from your mind, block it for them.
Speaker 1: To go away eventually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you're like, I don't think that. And then ten years later someone's like, I think you kissed him and you're like, I don't think I did.
Speaker 1: I don't think. Wasn't there this conspiracy theory and going around that that Lauren and I don't like each other? And the reason that David Suckcliffe was was ramped up in season seven because Amy and Dan were going. Now she could control She was a producer on season seven, so she could sort of eliminate me and hang with him and all that stuff. And I say, I throw a flag on that because she's not stud.
Speaker 2: I am so stoked that you are never First of all, you need to get poison ivy more often because it is maybe up. Guys, this is our first of all. Season seven of Gilmore Girls maybe the worst, but season seven of I Am all In is on fire because Scott has dropped an F bomb, which we did bleep, a maybe B S bomb, Yes, and we are here for it. And now you're leaning into this rumor that has been talked about forever and I think you're right, like she.
Speaker 1: No, like.
Speaker 2: Her ragged Like the first of all, there's millions of Luke lore Li scenes and they could have been so much better. Like the chemistry between you two is way better than the chemistry between Christopher and Lorelei. I admit they have a little, but it is not comparable. The chemistry and the scene and the was amazing and you weren't even like twenty feet from each other. Oh continue, well you know more.
Speaker 1: I mean, what was the gag reflex at the end of that scene? Was it for the narrative? Was it for the storyline or what was she trying to communicate there.
Speaker 2: That she wanted to herself? Yeah, walk of shaming out of there. It was such a walk of shame in the dress the whole night, I.
Speaker 1: Have written down walk of shame.
Speaker 2: Oh so bad.
Speaker 1: And then Babet comes in and says, the day right, Yeah, seriously, is there a better comedic actress than Sally stroutherers no.
Speaker 2: That was that was good.
Speaker 1: A master class, a master class. I mean how she's got ten plates, she's got ten balls in the air in one scene she's it's it's amazing for me to She's amazing. She's absolutely amazing. It's fun.
Speaker 4: When I was watching this scene, I was like, man, she's so funny. I wonder what she's like in real life. And I'm like, oh my god, I forgot we met.
Speaker 1: That's that's what she's like in Yeah, that's she's.
Speaker 2: Much needed.
Speaker 1: It was like, please pick us up, pick us up off the ground. We're down, we've taken a knee, we need some gatorade, we're where we really need a shot of something here, and we got a whole big tubba tuba b bet which we really needed. Didn't see you, jeep there, So there's now opening up the ball on where were you last night because we didn't see it and where the heck are you?
Speaker 2: And you didn't come and she's in her dress from the night before.
Speaker 1: Right, God, yeah, that it just planted the seed beautifully there. So now we're at Yale, Paris proving yet again what an incredible, treasured friend she can be. And is this in the newsroom was funny, without question. You know, she's going to tutor high school kids to bring their grades up so that they can take the sa ts and maybe and.
Speaker 2: Even her talking to that mom and daughter, I was like, Okay, that I'm into.
Speaker 4: And then she the mom has to take a test.
Speaker 2: Did you say, like, if you're stupid, I can work with that better.
Speaker 4: Right right, It's actually like one of my favorite lines I.
Speaker 1: Wrote down exactly but lazy, that's bone deep. There's nothing that I can do for you.
Speaker 2: I didn't need the whole like putting into Rory's head that he's like cheating on or whatever.
Speaker 1: But don't you think Paris. Paris gets into it. Paris is capable like this is a certain personality of hers, This is her like most commanding, kind of crazy, uh, condescending personality, and that what she gets that lather up. She can't stop it because there's Rory, her best friend, and she continued to fire bombs at Rory after, you know, having open season on the daughter and the mother. She she aimed at it. And there are times when when Paris is contrite and and open and isn't filled with anxiety, and she's sort of reflective and she she realizes that Rory is such a valuable person, such a sweet friend, and but not this time. She just she just emptied both barrels on her. About Logan, I mean, thank god.
Speaker 2: No, it's not even a filter. It's like a sensitivity chip. Like it's just like she's so like, oh god, what she's not the friend that you want to ask, like, do I look fat in this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? She's like yeah, and just laying on thick. You know, Logan, what do you think Logan's gonna cheat? And you know, London's the city of Romance. No, that's Paris. No, well, London's the city of bimbos or whatever. London's the city of I don't know, one night stands. Whatever. She said.
Speaker 2: I feel like, look, Logan learned his lessons from the Bridesmaids. He's not gonna cheat on her. I just don't see it. But we'll see, all right.
Speaker 1: Now we're at the house and uh, and this was jarring for me, all of a sudden, here's Luke. I know what the truck it was jarring. It was so over the top desperate and it was it was just this shocked me out of the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was it was. He would have come over.
Speaker 1: I get that packed up? What are they going to Maryland for? What was the Maryland thing?
Speaker 2: Married?
Speaker 1: Like get married over in marriage Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my thing's like he would have come over. That's very Luke like. Right, he would have come over, but not with the whole truck and the I figured it out, let's go get married today. No, he would have come over and said, hey, we need to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: It looked like the opening of the Beverly Hillbillies, you know, you know, low jumper truck.
Speaker 2: Is all that too?
Speaker 1: Where are they going?
Speaker 2: There was like a chair or something.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what is that crap? Mister Romance go to Vermont for a week? You know. Okay, he would have.
Speaker 2: Come over, but not it was so hashtag trying too hard. No. Also, okay, I understand that everyone's team Loralai and oh we're so disappointed in Luke. Like Luke does have sort of a leg to stand on here, like, wait a minute, like I have a kid. I'm sorry, I didn't you know, handle it all perfectly. You're breaking up with me because you gave me an ultimatum. And I said, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: How much more powerful would it have been if it was stoic Luke who didn't react, who just suffered in silence yet again, like he wasn't dating her when he was when she was dating the other mat and then they ran into each other, or he came over over time and it was calmer and it was cooler. It would have been far more powerful, and it would have honored that relationship in a better way. I thought this destroyed six almost just obliterated six years of mutual respect. It obliterated his character, It obliterated her character. The destruction that happened in that scene was to me stunning.
Speaker 2: Well and Scott carried, You've been married for a long time, Danielle's married. I just don't think you you would have let your fiances? Is that how you say it? Yeah, fiance just end it like that, like it's just marriage is such a serious thing, right, Yeah, I don't think you're ending it on a marry me to you know, I just don't think that. I just think there's so much deeper. It's just weird.
Speaker 1: Your kid shows up, You're paying a lot of attention to your kid. Get out of my life. I mean, it's what we went from zero to one hundred miles an hour, A little quick, a little too quick.
Speaker 3: I think also for her it was one of.
Speaker 1: Those even if he's in the wrong right with the April thing, even if postuly he made a bad move, it's still not a you know, the punishment doesn't fit the crime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, But I think also part of it was the fact that he wouldn't like help come up with a date. You know that he weren't. He's just stalling, stalling, stalling, stalling, selling, solling. I think that's what got to her.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I would say, maybe you can have that reaction after some time, not two months or whatever the timeframe was that this all transpired.
Speaker 2: But am I crazy? Am I crazy? And I know that all the many people listening are like, yes you are. She said to him, I don't want to pick a date until Rory and I are good, and he's He was sad about it, he was bummed about that, but he was a point he was like, I get it. So what did he just have to say, I don't want to pick a date until April and I are good and you're integrated into this new situation properly. Is that what he was supposed to say? And then would everything be hunky dory in her head?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 3: I think they're just two extremely awful communicators, extremely offul and that's it got lost.
Speaker 4: If she wanted that, she should have just said it. But like you said, they can't communicate. She should have been like, hey, I'm not comfortable with this unknown. Can you at least give me something like are you waiting for April to go to high school? Or you know, like what whatever?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 4: Like, it could be anything, but right.
Speaker 1: He gave her, let's nail this down. Let's get specific here, like, well, what are we dealing with here?
Speaker 2: Right? Can I be a big dumb ass right now and have more people hate me on Instagram? To me, you're going to get married? Right?
Speaker 1: And it's just bots.
Speaker 2: There's like a thousand people that are like bots, we're not bots, we hate you?
Speaker 1: But whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's my question.
Speaker 1: But you know what, but that's that's a whole that's a whole ocean of people behind their computers.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with them.
Speaker 1: It has nothing to do with you. Well it does, you understand that, No, it doesn't. It has nothing to do with you. If they weren't hating on you, they'd be hating on somebody else because they must hate.
Speaker 2: Okay, and there are some people.
Speaker 1: It has nothing to do with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That's so nice.
Speaker 1: It doesn't. I don't when they hate on me, I don't take it seriously because it's got nothing to do with me. Well, maybe in my case it does a little bit.
Speaker 2: But here's my question. These people are getting married, and these are not Luke and Lareli are like amazing people, right, they would take marriage vows seriously, right, So you Scott, when you got married, you probably said these vows Danielle, you did better for worse, sickness and help. Right, So we may be for worse right now. But I just feel like they are engaged. They're going to say these vows to each other. To me, you would be like, okay, well it's for better or for worse, and for six months, maybe a year, we're at or worse. Because he just discovered he as a kid and he's focusing on that, okay, like we're gonna have fifty more years together. I'm okay with a year being about this kid. And I know everyone's gonna have a response to that, and I look forward to reading them. But that's sort of where I'm at on it. That it's like, let it's okay that you're enough for worse for a minute. You'll be enough for better soon.
Speaker 1: And when somebody gets insecure the game that the environment changes, you know, the atoms change, everything changes, and then it gets to a point where it's just pure survival and you're looking for an excuse to end something right, and you know, it all sort of implodes very quickly with some people, and it obviously did with Loralai, right, And that's not just everybody would react that way. Different people react different situations, and it's just how she happens to be handling it and justified or not. You know, we're witnessing it. It's not it can't. I will make this point again. The show is too light and too airy to do this heavy a lift. And that is why it's cringe, and that is why it's not a serious drama. It's a different animal than that and you know, the writers are imposing this stuff on a show and an audience that doesn't want to see it.
Speaker 2: It can't take it, right, it can't.
Speaker 1: And it's and and rightfully.
Speaker 2: So am I create? Are we talking about the scene right now where he comes over and sort of says, let's go get married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're done. We're done with that. See we're gonna move.
Speaker 2: But is this where she's this isn't where she says I slept with Christopher that's later?
Speaker 1: No, no, yeah, all right. So now we're in Dragonfly, Michelle and Suki are arm wrestling, which was his This is this is really funny.
Speaker 3: And punks him.
Speaker 5: She punks.
Speaker 1: That was funny.
Speaker 4: And when she goes on and on about her strength, she stinks the Queen's song No Time for.
Speaker 2: Lose This, Yeah, that was funny. This is where I was like annoyed by this scene though. Is this where Lurlai is listening to Suki go on and on and on and on and on about her wrestling skills and you can clearly tell that Loralai wants to like cry, vomit die, And it's just that was a little long for me for I was like, oh my god, can we please focus on that?
Speaker 1: But I mean, Melissa McCarthy being funny, I could watch that.
Speaker 4: I mind it.
Speaker 1: Actually she's fantastic.
Speaker 2: But one thing I.
Speaker 4: Didn't like about this scene is when Suki was like, just don't tell him, Like, oh yeah, I'm like, we've already been here, Like we've already been here with the lies, like we can't go backwards and we already have. But you know what I mean, you know, it was like her advice, but like didn't see he's saying everyone gets into fights or something like that, like you just work it out.
Speaker 2: You know what's justifiable, And this is the first time I'm also saying this. What's completely justifiable is how much Luke should hate Christopher, Like Luke should just be like even though I don't Amy as Amy, I don't hate Christopher. If I was Luke, I'd be like, this guy is such an irritant to me, Like he's always the foil, do you know what I mean? Like I'm looking, I'm thinking about all the past. Every problem they sort of have half the time is because of Christopher. Christopher's dad died and then she goes over there, you know, all the things, and they never it's just been messy, right, like all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost like how much can he tolerate? At this point? It's a god, It's like, you know, he's how long suffering does this character have to be? And now he finally gets the girl. Life gets in the way, a child shows up, and now he's got to deal with sleeping with Christopher. Okay, what is he going to tolerate?
Speaker 2: And Anna is a little bit flexing the same ish to Laura Lai, like I'm not gonna allow you to be around my kid until you're married, and it's like engage isn't good enough, Like I don't know, she's sort of the thorn in the I don't know. Maybe I'm like pontific. It's like Anna's a little difficult.
Speaker 1: That's just a mama bear. That's all that is.
Speaker 2: Well true, Christopher's right, Christopher's not being right.
Speaker 1: Fair, fair, don't mess with my kid. Fair, you're not qualified to be around my kid. I don't know you, and that's all there is to it. And when mama bear speaks, watch out right.
Speaker 2: And Lauralai could do the same about Rory, right, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So that was a nice recovery from a very uncomfortable situation. We have Babette lifting us after the Christopher ick stop. We have Suky lifting us after the Luke ick thing, the pathetic begging, groveling Luke that nobody recognized, who aliens inhabited as body for a period of time, removed his well, I won't say, all right, So now we're we're at Luke's. He's busy, he's not in a good mood, and Taylor is outside.
Speaker 2: God, you scrambled that poor guy's eggs and.
Speaker 1: That was great. Horrified, that was good. That was good on our honeymoon. Oh yeah, I mean it was great. So what do we think about this thing? This is a very enjoyable and and it really you know, it got into this sort of this, you know, an issue like privacy versus is you know, a surveillance state. You want to live in a surveillance state? And stars hollow they like like like Taylor's a fascist right.
Speaker 2: Where you go out and Taylor of course calls you Lucas. But is this this is where we learn about the camera?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: You know, little social issue there and now is that.
Speaker 4: Still is that illegal?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Remember it was illegal?
Speaker 2: I think they yeah, I think they actually are. I think because they were unenforceable in court.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't I can't remember if like they they went back into court and now it's okay, like in some states or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can have the cameras anymore.
Speaker 3: Because I definitely drive by certain lights and they still flash.
Speaker 1: Really, I mean, they're not allowed to send you a photograph and a ticket.
Speaker 2: Because look, I'm making this up. I'm just gonna be I'm fully making this up, but it might be right. From what I remember is like you have no one to testify against in court, so you know, you can contest a ticket, right, but there's no one to show up to be like that. I thought there was something to do with that. So they just like threw them out. Like who's getting a red light ticket anymore? Anybody? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, there was an article that came out in October twenty twenty three that said, as of twenty fourteen, California's constitution says that red light camera tickets are constitutional, and that images taken by those cameras can legally be considered evidence in court.
Speaker 2: Traffic Land, you can get those.
Speaker 1: Of course California said that, So you.
Speaker 2: Can get a red light ticket, yep. I used to get them at that one on Wilshire, you know, on Wilshire by the veterans. Oh my god. Not only did I get in the mail a ticket of me running the light. I was on my phone holding out.
Speaker 3: That's the best.
Speaker 2: People were like, that wasn't me.
Speaker 6: And I was eating a cheeseburger one and I was on the phone. Make you had a big jacket, Daniels, just.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: I wasn't doing anything, I swear, judge.
Speaker 2: But at the time, the red light camera's pretty funny. Bit. Yeah, it was such a thing. So that was funny. And I know we're not there yet, but the kirk I'm dead, it's so good.
Speaker 1: No, that was good. All right. So it's it's Dragonfly, Rory, Lauren and Michelle.
Speaker 2: Her name is Laura. I really that's fine, Luke continue.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and Rory Waltz is in missing Luke making fun of Michelle's bandaged hand. Oh yeah, flipping off the world, and then he leaves.
Speaker 2: This is where we learn we're going to go play racquetball.
Speaker 1: Right, and this is where Laura, I says Luke and ice it up. What I want to talking about.
Speaker 2: This was awkward the second love this This was a bit awkward for me. It was just weird. It felt again kind of off. They felt off.
Speaker 1: But it just spun a great line. If you're going to venerate me, I'm going to venerate you, venerator. If you're going to venerateor me, I'm gonna venerator. There was no venting a rule that you venting.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, this felt weird to me, but it might that might just be me.
Speaker 1: It was it was strained, there was it was a little Yeah, it just didn't feel like.
Speaker 2: Racketball felt better. Racketball was sort of the what I wish this one would have been. This one just felt weird and awkward and like, who's breaking up with their person and not talk. It just was so weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right now we get to the phone call, Logan calling from Heathrow. I miss you. That was very nice, and this.
Speaker 2: Is where she doesn't know what the rocket is.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't, and we are as.
Speaker 2: Significant cute fine, cute. You seemed normal and Zukri seemed normal. I wasn't like they're acting weird.
Speaker 3: Just Logan seems to be thriving. That's one note I did put for myself, like he is cuty right, he's doing good.
Speaker 2: My friend calls me the other day and she goes, I'm watching this show The Resident and this star is really cute, and I'm like, Hi, what planet have you been living on?
Speaker 6: Like that?
Speaker 2: You don't know how awesome Zukrie is. I was like, I missed that show. I know, I'm like, rewatch it. I literally was like, why don't you try Gilmour Girls and The Good Wife, Like hello, Sukri.
Speaker 1: All right, hold that thought to be continued. Hey, everybody'll forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com