Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, heckma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody, it's Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday.
Speaker 4: You know a time at the time for plays Lounge?
Speaker 3: But do you buy Aristocrat gaming from the SWBC podcast studios. Heck Maharrison, Newie Scrugsbury Church, we are here with you to talk about the Dallas Cowboys losing to the Baltimore Ravens twenty eight five. Looking get the picks, bro I had at Baltimore twenty six, twenty ty you was on point.
Speaker 4: Barry Church, you had at Baltimore twenty one to seventeen.
Speaker 2: It was almost done. A.
Speaker 4: Harrison had the Cowboys winning thirty one sixteen.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, fast gotah man, God, I hate to see it man. Looking at the.
Speaker 4: Picts this week?
Speaker 3: Uh that pick there green Bay, Tennessee.
Speaker 4: I picked green Bay. You picked Tennessee?
Speaker 2: Did yeah?
Speaker 3: You went Tennessee twenty We took Tennessee, Chicago and Indye.
Speaker 4: We all took Indy.
Speaker 3: We all were there, John Anthony Richardson, Houston and Minnesota.
Speaker 2: We were all wrong rolling with.
Speaker 3: The Texans because Minnesota and Sam Donald Man when Gonzo.
Speaker 2: Up in there. That's the discussion to be had right there in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Philadelphia at New Orleans. The Eagles were trying to give the game senior boy though, and Barry George was the only one yo.
Speaker 5: What they what was they saying about Keller Moore? The last seconds of the situational ball? Can he get the down twelve to seven? Y'all saw what that man did, get the ball to the tight end. Let's go down the field, go for we're getting it. I told man, he turned the ball over. He is, but he over he overcame it though, I tell y'all, hey, sleep came you want to all right? I'll I told you all what.
Speaker 4: Sat gate out of the way.
Speaker 2: All do nothing. I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 4: Church.
Speaker 6: You went three and two on the I tell y'all, he went three and two. Ya come on me, he went three and two. Also, that would only leave to one and only big homie one for four. It's actually two for four, but it's so bad it's all bad.
Speaker 4: You picked New Orleans, yeah you did.
Speaker 2: I did, took Dallas, you took.
Speaker 4: Tennessee lost, you took Houston lost.
Speaker 6: Church was your Chris showed me the books, man. Chris showed me the books, and the books was not.
Speaker 2: Right, man, because where did you get different?
Speaker 6: I don't know he thought he went that's what it was. No, I don't think I knew. I know for sure.
Speaker 7: You guys want another the final stats here because I have the books.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So you went four and two, so I got you?
Speaker 2: Oh youkay? That's right.
Speaker 6: We had the chett all right.
Speaker 7: I mean we picked Thursday night game, do we not?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: Writer?
Speaker 7: There's to tonight right, we're gonna pick those.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, I forgot Thursday Night.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So heck one went two and four and Church you went four and two as well. So that's right New and Church at seven and seven and is at five and nine.
Speaker 2: I hate to see baby right now. The books.
Speaker 6: I got the books, man, she have integrity? Integrity? Right, you thought she'd have integrity at this point in the season. You and I had the Cowboys at one and two. That's what That's what I think?
Speaker 4: That ye right, that's what we had. That's what we had at this point time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had one.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, heck twenty eight twenty five. It was boy, it was not a competitive game. The Cowboys were nineteen points in the fourth quarter to cut that lead as the Ravens were acting like an NBA team specialized. Let's just give it up if we're done, We've got the bus warmed up.
Speaker 2: They're still a.
Speaker 3: Game to play. And yeah, they made it into something. But in the end, the Ravens doing exactly what we thought they would do. Looking at the numbers, two hundred and seventy four yards on the ground averaging six point one yards per top of the Cowboys doing we thought they would do, meaning couldn't run the football fifty one rushing yards three point two average there. Yeah, man, red zone efficiency, we talked about it before. Cowboys need to be better Cowboys three or four you sounds good. But the one you didn't get ceedee Lamb fumbles inside.
Speaker 4: The ten yard lift.
Speaker 3: You cannot have a man who you know, stood on business for a contract went out there and then dropped that it got stripped and dropped the next pass his way and connection ain't there.
Speaker 4: Man, and you know pull the t O on the side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. We're gonna talk about the body.
Speaker 4: Language too, because man, yeah, proceeds.
Speaker 2: Man connection ain't there.
Speaker 5: Man, You know, I'm gonna let heck dive into it, but I gotta talk about this body language that.
Speaker 2: We've seen from from mister eighty eight.
Speaker 5: Look, we all understand that, you know, this offense is not gonna be what it is unless that connection is what it is talking about.
Speaker 2: Dak Prescott and ceed the lambit.
Speaker 5: Let's unless they get that combination going this offense, it's not gonna go very far.
Speaker 2: It can't be productive. He's one of the best wide receivers in the game.
Speaker 5: But when you look out there, and I wasn't on the sideline, so I don't know, you know, what was said here and there.
Speaker 2: I actually just go bout.
Speaker 5: What I see, And from what I saw was a man that was extremely frustrated. I don't know why he was frustrated, but he was extremely frustrated out there. And when you missing those passes, it's about being professional. In my opinion, you going out there, you can't show up the other man. And from what I saw, like I said, I could be wrong, But it looked like he was showing up the quarterback right there, and you just can't have that, especially a guy like that Prescott who does everything to put his teammates up front.
Speaker 2: He's never gonna throw anybody under the bus.
Speaker 6: And from what I've seen out there, just the pouting, the slamming fist on the ground, the yelling on the sidelines, I'm a beat there, I'm a beat there.
Speaker 2: That's just that's just not that's not how to get the job done. And to me, you know, that's a problem.
Speaker 6: That's that's a problem when you talk about your best offensive weapon and your quarterback not on the same page. Now, it could be, you know, that lack of camp that they had out there, whatever the case may be, but you know that wasn't the case the first game.
Speaker 2: You know, the first game they were on target. Let's go. You know that we're picking up right where we left off last year.
Speaker 5: But that sideline outburst, the slamming, the head nodding, the shaking your head when the ball's not right where you want it to be, that's not what's going to get this team over them and where they need to be offensively. So to me, they've got to solve that issue, whatever it is between those two guys, because you need CD Lamb going forward to be that wide receiver that he was last year if you want this offense to be any type of productive. I love what I saw, you know, from Tolbert and Turping and those guys towards the end of the game.
Speaker 2: They showed a lot of fight. They were out there.
Speaker 5: Trying to get back into the game, and you're gonna need your secondary weapons to get going because you know teams are gonna try to take CD Lamb away, which Baltimore did a great job putting hands on them and being physical. But those outbursts just, you know, look like you're throwing your quarterback under the bus. It's just it's not a good look for the Cowboys right now.
Speaker 6: Man, you've you've won a helmet, and you know what it's like to have all of your body language and all that be up for interpretation and somebody sitting in the stands in the arena can't tell exactly what you're saying. They don't know what you're doing. And so Dan's for years went through that. A guy that you know was yelling at itself basically saying it's showing passion, but from everybody on the outside, it looked like he was the guy that was being a mole, content and a cancer to the.
Speaker 4: Side was telling that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well either way, I mean, you know, whatever those.
Speaker 6: Whatever those hey, you know, whatever those interpretations are. And I'm only taking I'm only talking about someone not being able to read your lips in just only interpret what your body language is.
Speaker 2: But you're correct.
Speaker 6: I mean, my thing is, you would like for a guy to react a little bit different to fumbling the ball. You know, you would like for a guy to go over to his teammates and say, my bad. You know that's not to be interpreted God doing like this, that's on me, my bad, you know, And I'll make up for the next one.
Speaker 2: But you didn't see that.
Speaker 6: And I think as when things go wrong, if you've ever been in any kind of relationship, when things go wrong, you don't want to be the one making things worse. Right, And so when I look down at the sideline, and that's what I was doing the whole game, looking at the sideline, seeing who's going to be that guy that's going to try and rally the troops. Because as we stated, all last week. Look, if you find yourself behind, you're going to have to try and you may end up having to throw the ball forty five times, not fifty one times.
Speaker 2: But if you're in that kind.
Speaker 6: Of situation where you have to throw the ball fifty one times, you need everybody to be on the same page. Something about the Dallas Cowboys offense just does not look like it's on the same page. Whether it's the running game, the passing game, there's something amiss. I don't know exactly what it is. I can't wait for somebody to tell me, but it's something missing in this offense. But it just got to the point in this game, obviously in that first half where they just had nothing. They had nothing, and every time something bad happens, you look at it and it's eleven guys going man. And so you know, look, we're gonna we're gonna spend a lot of time talking about guys body language and arguing on the sideline and all that. But if you've ever been in a competitive environment ever, you know, you know that kind of stuff happened. You know I'm gonna argue with you because we getting out the breaks beat off of us. It may not make it great enough to get us out here on the field and improve what's happening.
Speaker 2: But that's that.
Speaker 6: That happens everywhere, high school, college, everywhere. But you just can't be that guy that just completely throws up your hands and give up, you know, and then especially what happens then then the ball comes to you and what do you do? You drop it? You drop it? Are you missing assignment on defense? Because that got that hole was yours? That you know that tackle should have been made by you. But now because your head is out of the game, everything starts to snowball after that. So look, that's what That's exactly what I saw from this team.
Speaker 2: What you saying? What you see that?
Speaker 4: What did you see?
Speaker 2: It's real simple.
Speaker 4: Your stars didn't show up again.
Speaker 3: So we have three star players on this team, and people call stars Ceedee Lamb and Dak Prescott having issues on the sidelines mainly eighty eight. And then you see Michael Parsons getting into it with Tank Lawrence. This is not how you win. This is this is why you failed. You can't have these guys not only they're not producing. Now we got sniping going on. Where does this happen where there's winning. That's also following.
Speaker 4: This is this. This is bad. This is bad.
Speaker 3: This is the ego turning into the enemy on the sidelines. And I'm sorry, I'm not giving CD Lambor pass at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to hear about well I wasn't in training, kid. No, you signed a contract. People expect you to go ahead and get it done. I that's it, man, that's it. This is this week three, not week one, not week two.
Speaker 4: Week three.
Speaker 3: You cannot get stripped to the football inside ten.
Speaker 4: Youre on line when your team needed. That changed the tenor of the game.
Speaker 3: I thought Brad Chanted a very good job in explaining that as it happened in after the game, it's a different football game. You can't do that. You want that much money, and people always talk about people's money. No, No, when you got with Jerry Jones say after the game, I couldn't afford to sign Derek Henry.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you know why because you got.
Speaker 3: To pay other people here, gotta pay the quarterback, gotta pay the wide receiver. So you guys want your money. He gave you your money. This ain't what you should be giving back. Where's the return on investment?
Speaker 4: Come on, baby, ain't it come on? No?
Speaker 3: No, And yes you had a drop, I mean a strip. You can't next go have a drop? Then next thing you know, you're on the sidelines getting after it.
Speaker 4: Man. That's that's that's not cutting it.
Speaker 3: And I saw somebody talk about, well, you know what, man, Dez Brian when he was here, Deaz had this.
Speaker 4: What the hell they went with Dez Brian?
Speaker 2: Not a thing. I was a part of it. What they went with Dez Bryan? How his passion?
Speaker 3: What does passion get nothing? At some point in time, all this passion needs to result in some production and getting someplace. That's facts got all these people want to put on eighty eight? Okay, what happened to the two dudes who wore eighty eight? They won championships, that's true, championships. Well, these last eighty eights. Tony O'Brien, you forgot about him. I have Tony O'Brien, Dez Brian, not CD lamb not seeing any winning, not seeing any winning going on with this man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you lost, and that's what this is. It's gonna go as a loss on on the Cowboys record. You can spin it hog if you want to they're wanted two, right, if they have an opportunity on Thursday to improve to pull within five hundred. This is a team to me that looks like they need to buy a week in a Harry Punt to to be able to kind of circle the wagons to get back on track. This was the worst game for CD to pull this in though, because we've been talking all week about who's gonna be that number two receiver. Well, finally you get Jake Ferguson six catches of ninety five yards. The problem with that is CD has four for sixty seven, right, and so the production we've been asking Cavante Turpin three catches for fifty one, Jalen Tober three catches for forty two. Jalen Tober went out there and did exactly what you needed him to do in the ball game.
Speaker 2: Be a change agent, a guy move the sticks for you. Right.
Speaker 6: But then when the running game isn't hitting on any cylinder at all, if all you're gonna rely on is this passing game, then come on give it to me, all right?
Speaker 2: This is just come on. Let's come on. If you're gonna go five, let's go five wires. This just go five why.
Speaker 6: Because obviously this offensive line isn't geared for the running game and honed.
Speaker 2: Mike McCarthy, God bless you.
Speaker 6: I know you want to try and establish some semblance of the running game, but teams ain't buying it. Teams ain't buying it. And the defense is the way that they're coming out and they're playing the Cowboys. They don't respect this running game at all. And to me, and to me, what what's kind of a scary trend that you're looking at with this Cowboys team is you know, three of the last four games, if you can, if you include that Green Bay Packers game three, the last four games, in the last three home games, this team has started extremely slow.
Speaker 5: And this was not the case, you know, leading up with Mike McCarthy usually all man and I've been, you know, an advocate of this. This man is always getting his teams ready to play. They're always going to give you their best shout out there. But the three the last four games green Bay, they went up on you fourteen oh with the quickness. You look what happened with the Saints game. This past game, they went up on you fourteen oh with the quickness. So to me, these slow starts. It's starting to become a tree.
Speaker 2: Is that And that's the thing.
Speaker 6: That's what I we talked about it on Friday. You know, you want to put your strength out on the field first. You know, we talked about the offense going out there first, bing out, bringing out you.
Speaker 3: Out, running on you, like and get what they are running through you slow starts and again not just running through you with ease, just you know, I mean, it's dude's brutal watching these drives. I mean, they're just going on them and there's no resistance. Everything that we spent talking about on the players lines through the offseason has started to come true through these games. Your defensive line is an issue. They can't stop the run. Your offensive line two rookies, they're still jelling. Nate Newton says he believes that Mike Claari was getting them, and he says he thinks, you know, give it some more time. He thinks that they can get something there. But the other issue becomes the running backs. Nobody's scared these guys at all.
Speaker 6: And got struggle. Yeah, struggled. They both they both got and they have started to look like rookies. You know, they're starting to look like rookies. But I've even on the offensive side. Look, you can, you could pound a table against that offensive line and what they were able to do with the running game or whatever. Right, sixteen sixteen carries for fifty one yards. That's not enough. That's not getting it done, and that's not keeping any balance. Throwing the ball fifty one times. It's always going to be the recipe for disaster when you come back the next day. But my question has always been with this team. We know who the superstars are, but who are the guys. You know, nobody wants to be known as a jag, right, but you have to. If you got fifty three guys on the team, you gotta have some just you gotta have some jags. You gotta have some guys that just do their job, not guys that come out there and try and play, you know, play better than what they are. Look, do your job, Stay in this hole, stay in this gap. Our safeties, linebackers, guys over running, over pursuing plays. Look, we can put a lot on this. The one to three technique got you whooped, all right, they got you whooped in the middle. But there are other things where you look at the table and go man, you're over pursuing. Bro, you what you're hopping out of the gap?
Speaker 5: I mean, how many times did we see this Baltimore team capture the edge and get around the edge, Like the middle got destroyed, but the outside got destroyed. And I go back to the offensive side of the football. They were going against the worst, the thirty second ranked passing defense in the National Football League. All you got a old Humphreys out there. The only person they got in the secondary that can go ahead and be that all Pro guy is Hamilton and he showed it.
Speaker 6: We talked about it on the show all week. Where do you need to attack this team in the air.
Speaker 5: You gotta be able to go through the secondary and they didn't stand a chance. And this is a team that plays primarily zoned.
Speaker 2: You know what they did.
Speaker 5: They went out there and said clamp up. They went out there and you saw every single third down man the man lamp up.
Speaker 6: And not one of those guys was winning the one on one opportunities, not Cooks, not.
Speaker 2: Tober, not Turping, not Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 5: They put their hands on those guys and they couldn't get open that Prescott's sitting back there, man, somebody do something get open and they could and you call this is the thirty second ranked defense passing wise International Football League. I mean that that's if you got to be able to take advantage of that, you have to and we just did not see it at all.
Speaker 2: To me, that was really surprising.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys are now one and two. They go to New York this Thursday night. The Giants ended up winning their first game of the year.
Speaker 4: They happen to.
Speaker 3: Beat Cleveland in Cleveland. The Cowboys only winner of the year was in Cleveland. So we'll see exactly what they have here. This is a game that the Cowboys need the rush. The Cowboys defensive line has got problems. I'll give you stat next. It's gonna blow your mind. And where is Mike McCarthy sitting at right now in your opinion? As they are now one in two with the head coach having his contract up after the year. Pack Maharrison Burry Church Players Lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming right here on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 4: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 12: Prescott keeps it slides with a first.
Speaker 11: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookiean crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 12: Birthpick throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and right Now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollar order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 10: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy witball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year Go Cowboys to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 6: This segment is brought to you by Yeti, the official cooler and drinkwaar of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Hec Maherrison, Bear Church, Newie Scruggs. This is the players last brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 4: Bear.
Speaker 3: You were former Dallas Cowboys, so as I read this stat to you, I know you're a dB, but still you'll be horrified.
Speaker 4: The defensive player.
Speaker 3: Per esp and research, the Cowboys have allowed five hundred and fifty seven rushing yards. Oh my goodness, the most through three games since nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 2: Five what they have? Fifty sound?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They have allowed five point four yards per carry, the worst average through three.
Speaker 4: Games since nineteen seventy nine. Wow.
Speaker 3: They have given up eight rushing touchdowns, the most enfranchise history through three games.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 13: Swiss cheese, my man, Swiss cheese, Chris b Let's go, who's the official Chiefs spotsor the Cowboy.
Speaker 6: Cheese?
Speaker 8: God?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean you can't pick it up at Albertsons and Tom Thumb.
Speaker 4: There you go, artist and cheese available for yourself.
Speaker 2: Five fifty five fifty bro in three games. Three games. That's downright embarrassing, man.
Speaker 5: And when you look at it, you could like, even if you never watched the game and somebody just sat you down and was like, man, just check and look at this tape.
Speaker 6: See what you think about this tape, you could sit there and tell man, they ain't getting off no blocks. Who's winning the one on once? Who's shutting blocks? And get you saw it time after time, And I.
Speaker 5: Know we gave Bell all his you know, all he could take last season because he was in the wrong position.
Speaker 2: But the guys they got on the second level ain't doing much better this year. Belle Clark, we gave him all some awesome And then we talked about a man.
Speaker 6: Why wasn't overshown playing after that first game? Why wasn't he playing?
Speaker 2: You saw I'm in there this week, That's what he I'm in there this week. They got me a base.
Speaker 4: They saw it, and they solid and aint went.
Speaker 2: Right at that young man. I understand Derrick Henry is a big man. He is hard to bring down, trust me. I know.
Speaker 6: Come on, man, you had guys checking shoe sizes out there, of.
Speaker 2: Course you did.
Speaker 6: You had nobody hitting that man in the chin.
Speaker 2: You saw it.
Speaker 5: He was getting to the second and third level untouched. And that's what we said that cannot happen. The way to slow this man down is you gotta get hit on the early He's the juggernaut. Once you start rolling and getting that momentum, he's hard to bring down.
Speaker 2: Man. You let that man get.
Speaker 6: To the third level.
Speaker 4: You think them DB's is gonna bring that.
Speaker 6: No, my man was stiff, forming guys to the next area code Man.
Speaker 2: That Taylor cars is stiff. That was brutal. But he's the only one.
Speaker 6: I went up top, went up Topbody else was checking shoe slizes.
Speaker 2: Buy your ticket man.
Speaker 5: This to me it was I mean it's Marinal used to call it.
Speaker 2: Man on man, bone on mom.
Speaker 5: You gotta win your one on ones and nobody out there has winning their one on ones.
Speaker 3: Twenty five attempts for Derrick Henry one hundred and fifty one yards average, six point yards of tote. His longest was twenty nine yards and he rushed for two touchdowns.
Speaker 2: YEA.
Speaker 6: The thing that you know, obviously, you watch the line of scrimmage and you look at who's establishing, who's dominating the line of scrimmage, and all you can see is the line of scrimmage moving each and every snap, and it's at the point of attack. For me, it's guys that you're seeing them. Obviously, the double team is gonna come. You ask the same question, like how hard is it to stay on the double team I thought you were being funny when he said that. But anyway, you know, you see a guy getting the double team and then next thing you know, this guy's getting to the second level on the linebacker. It's impossible for Kendricks to be effective in your defense when he has a guy literally sitting in his lap. It's impossible for linebackers to scrape and get downhill and make tackles when they have tackles chasing them off of their point of attack as well. I mean, it's it's a it's a it's an all around failure as as a defense. It doesn't matter if you play a four three three four. If the middle of your defense is getting decimated and just destroyed, the rest of your defense isn't working. And you can you can talk about what's happening on the edge is all you want to, but then what happens is play action. You have to respect anything that you think is gonna come up the middle of good defense.
Speaker 3: Okay, based off what you just said here, and this is the other conversation, people are blaming Mike Zimmer defensive coordinator.
Speaker 4: People are jumping on the head coach Mike McCarthy. What's going on? Around here.
Speaker 3: They're on the hot seat. But I'd be reminiscent if we don't ask what about the general manager? GM ain't GM it because we spoke and talked about this all off season. Long, man, what we're seeing up front, this is not passing the test, the smell test.
Speaker 4: Well, Marzie's gonna get better.
Speaker 2: Lyndelle jokes that you guys, are you practicee your facial expressions now going up? I mean there.
Speaker 3: Right, We spoke about and them trying to say we like our guys, we think we're gonna be you're not.
Speaker 4: You're not.
Speaker 3: And then when they were trying to substitute run off guys here at the end, we're gonna make a trade for George Fields's gonna do up.
Speaker 4: It's not working, and as you see.
Speaker 6: Look it ain't even hindsight. It ain't even hindsight, because you came into the season talking about the same thing, and now that it's coming to roost and you see it, it's like, well, damn you. You should have known that a while ago. And look, this defense is built for speed, it's built for getting up the field getting sacks.
Speaker 5: But now everybody, I think you did say that on them.
Speaker 6: Otherwise otherwise, no teams to run exactly. Teams are gonna run at them to a straight line. In a straight line, you can't run this entire season. And if you look at Michael, Michaeh is saying, please just drop back for once, let me rush the passer just one time, because now all I have to do is stonewall with this tackle or be chipped by this tight end. And it takes all of the I guess whatever your scheme is out because you can't just pin your ears back and come out of the quarterback. You get ran at forty nine times for two hundred and seventy yards.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're not You're obviously not built for this.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you what's even more embarrassing the fact that the last two games quarterbacks have only thrown the ball fifteen times.
Speaker 2: That is the right. This is the NFL. This is the NFL.
Speaker 4: Why don't Why because but nose?
Speaker 2: Because team? Because teams can run at you.
Speaker 6: Because teams can run at you and just break your whill, they can take it out from you, you know. And that's why we were talking about. You win the coin toss, what do you do? Take the ball? Go down to school? You don't you don't score lu Lamar Jackson goes off the edge, push the ball over the and you should have saw the body language of everybody was like and on that.
Speaker 2: Same plate it was bail crow.
Speaker 4: Everybody was still attached.
Speaker 5: And look, you know, we give the you know, the bazooka or the missile, you know.
Speaker 2: Whatever you want to.
Speaker 6: But to me, at least he kind of shows some fight out there, Like where was my law?
Speaker 2: That's what I said. Where were you at? Jackson? Where were you at?
Speaker 6: Where my guys? Where are my guys? Can I get one guy?
Speaker 5: I'm just like I'm sitting there like you see it, you know, eleven chasing guys.
Speaker 2: You know it might be a big gaye chasing. Where was ninety Where was the winety seven?
Speaker 6: Hey, the carpenter's got his tools. Live mall, Joseph, Live haul Joseph.
Speaker 2: What was that? What was that?
Speaker 4: Is it even fair? To No?
Speaker 6: No, we got no, no, no, it is it is couch. No, it is caught. Okayta we gotta put his paths on. He went out there. No, because what else do we have?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 6: What literally what else do we have? I mean, you're playing the whole second half with your number one draft pick that's getting whooped on every place.
Speaker 2: What else do you have to me?
Speaker 6: If I'm a coach, I'd rather go out there and lose with a guy that's gonna give me at least some effort to send a guy out there that don't want no peace of what's going on. You're slow off the line of scrimmage, you're loafing. How many loafs can I hand this guy? How many loafs can I give him? And if I'd rather lose with the guy that I know don't have anything in the tank, then some guy that's willingly out here doing the hokey pokey, he's.
Speaker 2: Going the other way.
Speaker 6: I don't know how many one technique, one technique, three sixty five yard you're doing a pirouette and it's five yards off to the ball.
Speaker 2: It's because it's like where do you turn? Like where is the solution?
Speaker 6: You look back there, like, man, you get it. You can't get in the game. Where do you turn?
Speaker 2: There's not a solution in sight. And that's the scary.
Speaker 6: But that's the part, that's the part that's on the general manager because he's got to get on the horn.
Speaker 2: You got to get on the horn.
Speaker 6: You got to make a deal because this situation is gonna happen to you next year if you don't bring somebody in, because that's what you do, the same thing in the running game. If you don't have anybody that can run the ball, if you don't have any second, third, or fourth wide receivers, No, you got to make a deal. And I'm talking about right now.
Speaker 4: What kind of d I mean, who's giving up anybody any good?
Speaker 2: And what's I don't know?
Speaker 6: I mean, that's that's the I guess the magic of being a front office person and understanding what's out there. Really No, I mean, if we're gonna say Will McClay and how great he is at these days, go find somebody, you know, because we can't sit here and say we don't have anybody.
Speaker 3: Okay, you say, go find somebody. What's the cost because trying to start giving up first second day draft picks for you can go and what's gonna be one guy, one man, one man not gonna fix all this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you absolutely need a three technique and a one technique that don't get whooped inside. And if you can get a one technique that doesn't get whooped inside. Your defense is going to be thirty percent better than what they are right now, and that thirty percent may have made the difference between two hundred.
Speaker 2: And seventy four yards being run on.
Speaker 6: That's what so Church just basically said, who do we have? You don't have no one. You don't have anyone on practice squadity. I mean, so give me another option to it, you.
Speaker 4: Know, twenty twenty five draft?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: No, no draft no man, no right.
Speaker 4: Halloween draft. Don't start that.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: I mean we're doing it like that today. Tell one three, one to three. And so look in Church, I guess I can to ask you this man, you would know you know, do you want to be playing your best football in September? Yes, But if you're going to be playing some bad football, rather it happen now than happen later.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: And look, here's a you know what I'm saying, because the truth is the truth is.
Speaker 2: They're not going to handle Lombardy out right now.
Speaker 6: And the same in the same teams that you're talking about, are I'm gonna end up playing in the Super Bowl. They played some of their worst ball in September. The Green Bays, the teams that you love since covered so much. They played bad ball. So look, I don't want to be playing my best ball right now. If I gotta have it corrected, let's get it corrected.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, answer.
Speaker 2: I don't know where you go with the answer man, but at.
Speaker 6: One point, but at one point, you're not telling me that the season is lost when you're in.
Speaker 7: You can't.
Speaker 6: I'm not going that route. You're not gonna tell me right now, Let's start the draft show. Let's get you, let's get you your draft show. It's definitely too early, but today about the draft.
Speaker 2: What scary is?
Speaker 6: You know, defensively, you don't have an answer. Offensively, you still don't have a run game or answer there.
Speaker 5: I mean, if we're being you know, keep it a hundred on the show, and that's what we do for sure. Outside of the on side, kick man, things could have gotten even worse. So like they were lucky to be in the position they were at at the end of that game. If we're keeping it all the way one hundred. So to me, what scary is usually, all right, you gotta fix one side of the ball. Early in the season, you gotta fix one side, whether it's the defensive or the offensive side of the ball.
Speaker 6: Right now, they're in a situation where they got to fix both right and that, and that is a scary thing going into this season because you got a.
Speaker 2: First play schedule. It's not like it's gonna get it easier. I mean it's not.
Speaker 5: So then they got some work to do, man, Big Mike and them boys got some work to do.
Speaker 3: Man, it's about front running. You look at the first first half the possession chart for Baltimore. First drive five place, seventy one yards touchdown. Second second drive seven plays, seventy yards touchdown, third drive, punt, fourth drive, fifth drive.
Speaker 4: Eight plays, eighty eight yards touchdown. Then it was the end of.
Speaker 2: The half explosives.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: And then you just look at the summary, man, the first half summary. You start looking and you dive into those numbers here, man, I mean twenty one to six. But in the first half, this just first half alone, now, two hundred and seventy two yards for the Ravens, one hundred and eleven those running the ball, one hundred and sixty one passing yards three to three in red zone efficiency there, they got to fumble inside the red zone there. I mean, it's hard to win when this is what's happening to you. Twenty carries one hundred and eleven rushing yards in the first half, or five point six yards of average. And Lamar Jackson completed ten passes in the first half. Okay, that's in the first half. Dude finished with how many for the game did he completed? Let me go back here in the chart. Completed twelve complete two passes in the second half.
Speaker 2: Man, yeah, two, I didn't get it.
Speaker 6: I mean we've already talked about what what quarterbacks are doing here, the same thing with their car in the same way with Lamar Jackson, and Lamar Jackson didn't even have to put his cap on and be MVP Lamar Jackson one point.
Speaker 2: I will say, I'm starting to see what you saw on now, Bookie. I'm starting to see it.
Speaker 4: That's take a break. We're gonna take a break.
Speaker 3: Heckna ask for hope, giving him the Great White hope when we come back next. Right here on the plays ground, rich Ocrat Gaming is your sponsor.
Speaker 4: Das Cowboy dot com.
Speaker 8: I'm Cowboys alumni Danny mccraig here with Smoothie King asking what's that sound? That's the sound of me sipping one of their powerpacks smoothies with over ten grams of protein with real fruits and organic veggies. Because that's Smoothie King. What you see is what you sip. So grab a delicious Smoothie King Smoothie, throw a straw in your jaw and gets sipping Real Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys kick off.
Speaker 14: Twenty twenty three NFL season. Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at hugoboss dot com, and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 10: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by aristocrat A. Proun, sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gamb l e r for twenty one over.
Speaker 12: Crazynes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules raising Canes chicken fingers one love, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 6: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboy Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboy fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit dallascowboys dot com slash fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 4: All right, heck Maharrison, thank you very much. Play line brought you by Aristocrat Gaming. Got Bury Church here, sir, every scrugs.
Speaker 3: So you teased it going into the break, Hunter Lymkey, hell bugey. They still don't want to get a man the ball as they Cowboys rushed sixteen times for fifty one yards, averaging three point two yards tote.
Speaker 4: But in the past game.
Speaker 3: Lymkey el boogie three, three targets, two catches, forty one yards average twenty point five pop had a long and twenty four And we're out here looking to try to get yourself back into the game, looking for a spark.
Speaker 4: Hunter Lympkey was there, heck me, like what you're gonna do next?
Speaker 3: I'll say this, Dalvin Cook and Hunter Limpkey needed to be putting. They need to be get some better options out here. I mean running Deuce Vaughan two times for five yards, not cutting it. Ezekiel Elliott three rushes for six yards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kiss the baby on that. It's a bad showing.
Speaker 6: And then and then the second time that he and Dak have not been able to connect on that. It's the second time wide open, and it's.
Speaker 2: Just I mean, it's things like that.
Speaker 6: But you know, for me, I think when you're coming around to Hunter Lifty, he's probably the only guy that you saw have any fight on that other side. I mean when you needed it, you know, Hunter Lifkey was that. I don't know when it comes down to whether Cooks gets an opportunity to finally get a jersey and show us what he has. At this point, man, I'm willing to see that over the Deuce von Package, you know, over some of these other guys, because it's not getting it done. I've always been a player over plays kind of person. Uh, And I know that Mike McCarthy's doing his best to dollar it up, but with the guys that he have has, it's just not happening. And for me, it's always been if you are a playmaker, you're a guy that we recognize when it's third and six, everybody in the whole arena knows who the ball is coming to. You've played against guys like that that have been those kinds of playmakers. Double team don't matter, bracket, don't matter what it is, no matter what it is.
Speaker 2: The Dallas Cowboys don't have that.
Speaker 6: You know, Mike McCarthy has to execute the perfect play perfect, you know, it has to be not not. This guy made a you know, five yard catch and then took it, you know, the rest of the way. None of that Yak is even up for grabs for us.
Speaker 2: And what you know he did twenty four that's crazy. But to me, Lifty is the man. We're seeing the same thing.
Speaker 5: You know, like we saw in that running back room last year where we were like, wait a second, Tony Pollock had all that speed explosiveness. Why are you just running them up into the gut and giving you know, Rico Dado the outside runs and the screens here and there.
Speaker 2: And we're seeing it this year as well.
Speaker 5: Why is Zeke in that situation where he's catching you know, football's in the flat. You know, you got a guy like Dudes who I think could be great in the screen game, could be great in that little trickeration type type back, but you're not. You're running him up the gut and it's just it's just confusing to me and to me, this Running Backs by Committee. You know, it sounded good at the beginning of the year. We're gonna make this thing work.
Speaker 6: But you know, I think it's a point in the season now and it's early, which I'm saying this is crazy, but it's a.
Speaker 5: Point in the season now where you got to establish a lead back. You gotta let that guy get the rhythm, you know, And I think that's thattle. I think Rico has the most juice out of everybody in that backfield so far. I know we haven't seen Cooks, but you gotta let those guys get.
Speaker 2: In the rhythm.
Speaker 5: I played where you know, I had to rotate in and out with guys, and it sucks because you gotta get a rhythm going against that opposing offense.
Speaker 6: With Rico in that backfield, get him a rhythm, start getting going. When he's in the ball game for three or four plays here and there, he touches the ball once, then all right, you're out for this drive.
Speaker 2: It's the next guy's turn. It's hard to get a rhythm like that.
Speaker 6: It's hard to understand where your line's blocking, what's the strength of their defensive line, so I can stay away from that.
Speaker 2: It's tough, man.
Speaker 5: So I think they gotta get themselves established a lead back and let that guy go ahead and handle the majority of the carriers and when he needs to breathe and bring the next guy in this hole.
Speaker 2: Let's rotate every series.
Speaker 6: Man, it's got to be tough for that running back room, and it's got to be equally as frustrating for the offensive line because they don't get into a rhythm with the guy as well. I mean, you block a certain way for a certain back because you know he's gonna cut off of this or do that, you know, and all three of the guys are whatever. For the guys that you have, everybody has a different running style and everybody's gonna approach it differently. But I'm with you, I mean, let's scrap all of this because what it does is it shows how dysfunctional the offense runs. When we're looking at on first down. We run the ball on first down and the guy only gets one yard, and then it's second and nine. Then you run it again, and then now it's third and eight, you know, and everything is so predictable. When it's third eight, what you're gonna do. You're gonna throw the ball, you know, and everybody knows it. But it's that part about the offense that even when they you know, with the fumble be damn. You know, they just were having so much of a hard time getting into any rhythm on defense. I don't know if you agree with this, but to me, with the mistackles, the arm tackles, the guys that are hanging on blocks, it's a preseason thing. To me. If these guys look like they are straight up playing preseason football with some of the mist assignments, now, I can accept that when I'm in the preseason situation. But in game third season, third game of the season, you can't be playing like that. Malik maliek Cook miss over committed Donovan Wilson, Come on now, I mean how many times had six and twenty eight shown up like, hey man, you cannot over pursue like that. In mister tackle, you still got to go, Yeah, I do. I'm going down with the boat, Nuie. We're gonna be here all season together. I'm telling you, man, going down with the boatie, that's that commitment. Yeah, it's commitments. Going down with the boat, Newie A man, that's me.
Speaker 7: The heart will go on right, not the Titanic.
Speaker 2: The going down with the boat with the boat.
Speaker 4: Ain't trying to go down with that boat yesterday.
Speaker 6: It's not even my ballated brother at the back.
Speaker 4: It was Dakota Frescott, the rich brother for the bank do it.
Speaker 6: Penalty all when when it was passive appearance, they would have had the ball on the one yard line right before half. But then hold the mickey talked about that on mix. Sure it would have been a whole different ball game. Yeah, but that's that's where they're at right now.
Speaker 3: Where you got your your top target fumbling inside the ten, your first round pick, with these kinds of mistakes they're making at home, and they're not good enough to do that against good teams.
Speaker 4: This week you face a team that you have more talent.
Speaker 2: There you can get away with.
Speaker 3: Let's see what they can do. And right now, the Cowboys seemingly are built the way. You're good enough, you have enough town to be a bad team. But it's hard for you to be the good team, especially when you're out here giving them these types of advantages like fumbling the ball of committing.
Speaker 4: They can't do that, they're not good enough to do it.
Speaker 3: So come Thursday, they got to get this cleaned up because if.
Speaker 2: It's I won't put that in the air.
Speaker 6: I can't do that, man, can't do it.
Speaker 2: Can't do it.
Speaker 3: You gotta win this one. You gotta come up. You got Danny Dine. You gotta come in there and just just start snaking. Got to have it, got to have you, got to have it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna pick these two games. Seven, Yeah, we do. We got seven.
Speaker 4: Trying to come back.
Speaker 2: Good up there man, the New York Waters.
Speaker 4: Trying to come back this week. Okay, all right, Beamer, what we got baby?
Speaker 7: We got Jacksonville at Buffalo Church Duval you always got.
Speaker 2: I do, but I did not do. Now give me Buffalo twenty eight seventeen.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go be low on this too. Man, my to dust shout me. But I'm gonna go twenty three seventeen.
Speaker 3: I have no faith in Trevor Lawrence anymore. Off that train thirty one. This is only keeping me twenty. I don't like this.
Speaker 4: I don't like this where Cincinnati, Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Homies, Washington at Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: Give me the Bengals. Yeah, give me the Bengals. I'm going Bengals. Uh, not gonna go thirty. I'm gonna go to Bengals twenty five fourteen's Cincinnati instant. You know what, Nah, I ain't gonna trip it off. Give you, give me the bangles, Give me the bangle. Twenty eight twenty one. I almost went with d Q for a second. Man, almost.
Speaker 3: The thirty two to seventeen Bengals are oh and two you cannot follow over and.
Speaker 4: Three they'll be like the Ravens will be desperate for a win.
Speaker 3: You got you gotta winness from Cincinnati home easily on that.
Speaker 4: Hey, heck man, good week for you.
Speaker 6: Buddyzy Man.
Speaker 2: Get us out of here, Get us out of here.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, He's like, well, take our headphones off.
Speaker 2: You're straight, You straight this time, you're straight. You'll be here. You'll be here tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Right, So I get a chance to give to you tomorrow to blow your ear drons out tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Play Lound Rocky by mister crack Gaming.
Speaker 2: We outa here, baby.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.