Speaker 1: Do you not think I'm hot?
Speaker 2: I know see so that it's like, oh, okay, you think I'm fat?
Speaker 1: You think I'm fat?
Speaker 3: Calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Well time, everybody to the pregame for those of you new to the program, pre game ten minutes of Thought. We answer your questions, comments and concerns that you submit. Reminder, you can submit them anonymously, which sometimes are our favorite because then they're a little bit more risque, a lot like this red nail polish, which I will get to in the big show. The fuck not for a Halloween costume?
Speaker 3: Ooh that sparks something in my mind as a topic of discussion.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. First up, we've got Gizsy and Roscoe. Is this a compliment? I think of you, ladies every time I get a pimple on my face.
Speaker 1: I think that's adorable.
Speaker 2: And you know what, as a gal that suffers from acne her whole life, I think that is a fabulous compliment. And I'm flattered that you would think of us when you have a pimple on your face.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you and all the congestion in your pornes y mahallo.
Speaker 1: Have you ever used a Beori stripe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't think it went well. I also don't trust myself with one of those strips because I feel like I'll strip something I need in my skin. I'll go too hard, Like I just feel like something will happen. I'm I'm just a walking disaster.
Speaker 1: You know the lighting in the airplane bathrooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's never a good time to diagnose what's happening on the face because I did it the other day and I was like, whoa, we need to like clear out the congestion on the four or five.
Speaker 1: And then I came home. I found a Beori strip.
Speaker 2: Here's a killing's effort from god knows what year, and it barely adhere to the to the bridge.
Speaker 1: Take it to the bridge, take it to the house. So it didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: But I think i'd like the idea of it, Like the satisfaction of peeling that thing off when they really work, when they're new and you get all of those little black heads out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, I might get some. I love that.
Speaker 3: Here's a random tangent for you. You just thought of a song. Ticket to the house, on the bridge or something. Yesterday I thought of the Calm Down podcast because we talk about the music at stadiums. The Cowboys always have great music always. It's just it's a party at at and T Stadium. Well in game entertainment. I'm a fan, not you know, I don't want the Rams to ever drop a pass. But somebody dropped a pass and they played over the loudspeaker drop like you know that and they can go drop.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's good, that's good, that's very creative. You know who else had good music and we haven't talked about it because we had our wonderful friend Dan Patrick on the show last week, so we were getting into all things Dan.
Speaker 1: But New Orleans had oh great music.
Speaker 2: So so far my powder rankings Carolina, New Orleans and was it Kansas City? No?
Speaker 1: No, in Kansas City? Okay, So Dallas. I'm going there in a couple of weeks. I can't wait. That's so exciting.
Speaker 3: Drop okay, Kayla chit chows. I just screwed that up. I sound like a shit show. Does your husband and boyfriend husband slash boyfriend get jealous about you working with attractive men?
Speaker 2: No? I don't think my husband cares. He's just like, do you know I really? I literally asked Steve a question the other day. I said, do you ever get jealous? And he goes no. I said, I think that's a bad thing. I think you should get like a little jealous because that means that you care, and he goes, Okay, so you want me to get jealous? And then it was like such a girl thing whereas like the boyfriend's so confident that he doesn't get jealous, but now I'm mad because he doesn't get jealous at all. And he's like, just tell me what you want me to be. Do you want me to be jealous or not want me.
Speaker 1: To be jealous? And I was like, forget it.
Speaker 2: It was such a like circular conversation where I know he probably left it and was like, what if that job this galous?
Speaker 3: This would be a good conversation. I think for both of them when they you know, if they're ever around. But Jared and Steve are very much the same. I just feel like they're like we're good here. Also, Jared, he becomes friends with everyone I work with, Like he and Greg are on a text chain together, Like you know, he came to dinner the other night when we got to have it with Jeter and stuff like that. So it's not like he's just as excited to hang out, like he's not thinking.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't know. Yeah, you're right, well he come hot? Is that why? Jared you? So that it's like, okay, you say I'm back. You think I'm back. The guys are like, what I asked? What you wanted for dinner? Oh god?
Speaker 2: Okay, Allison, Oh good question, sure, cet. How was the pack has a packing?
Speaker 1: Alison? Thank you for remembering.
Speaker 2: You will be very proud of me, as Aaron already is, because I articulate, articulate, not my words. The conversation every week when revolved around packing, the cold medicines really kicking in, guy, so stay with me.
Speaker 1: Apparently the FDA says it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, I'm nursing this cold, and Aaron says the medicine isn't working. Well, something's going to my head and it's not fucking neurons to spark the conversation. Okay, here we go solely land the plane on the Hudson anywhere point is.
Speaker 1: The packing is going fabulous? I do it. The night before, and I have.
Speaker 2: The little packing things that I didn't even know that I got Aerin I forgot that I got her those for Christmas. And I empty out my suitcase right when I get home and like straight to the laundry room.
Speaker 1: I'm really pretty close.
Speaker 2: I'm really really good about that this year because I was like, there is no excuse to a not have what I need. But I also try things on before I pack them now to get alterations. I'm all grown up in the world of packing. So thank you for asking. And I'd like to thank this is the trope.
Speaker 1: I'd like to thank Aarin for inspiring me to be a better packer. Go Packers Go.
Speaker 3: I want to say this to you and your glam team, dom You guys are killing it on Thursday night. You look gorge the wind has been blowing through your hair.
Speaker 2: Well that's a compliment to Dominique because she's hair, makeup and all things wardrobe on the road. Alyssa, thanks for the clothes, but yeah, Dominiqu's the best.
Speaker 1: And here's that's the best thing about Dominique anyone.
Speaker 2: If we've talked about Friend of the Show a lot, like Jillian, we reference them a lot Dominique is so sweet that she'll do all my hair and makeup and then I'll touch everything and I'll read you the lips and not even know what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: And she's like it's okay, it's okay, Like she's just the sweetest person. So yeah, cool as a cucumber.
Speaker 2: A who's still saying that I am trying seventy seven advice for dating in your forties.
Speaker 3: Holy heck, it's tough out there. I was a bad dater. Well, I will say this.
Speaker 2: I think we've talked about this a little bit, but I do have a couple girlfriends who have been single for a long time and that's my choice, and I always say to them. A lot of my apprehension about when I was getting a divorce was like, ock, I got to go back out there.
Speaker 1: And do it again, yeap, but it was better.
Speaker 2: My mindset was like I would rather go out there and try again than be stuck in the current situation. So, and my dad also said I did me one time. I was like, Oh, I was like, I'm okay being single.
Speaker 1: He goes, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: Be careful, like, you don't want to say that for too long because then you get too comfortable being alone, and then it's harder and harder to sort of implement or to like bring someone into your life. So I think, like my mother says, I'm all over the place with suggestions. Here is you can't win the Loto if you don't buy a ticket. You're not going to meet a guy. If you don't or a girl, whatever preferences, You're not going to meet the significant other in your life if you don't put yourself out there.
Speaker 1: So true.
Speaker 2: I say this as someone who's had to put myself out there because I've had to go back out in the dating world multiple times. And I think, just be open to suggestions. Go on the blind date, go on the setup, go on an app if that's something that you're into. Yeah, I just think I'm as exhausting as it might feel. I think the more and more you put it off, the harder and harder it is.
Speaker 1: Get back in the saddle, exactly.
Speaker 2: And if you have a type, tell us maybe we've got a guy for you.
Speaker 1: You know, serious erin is bumble? Ask the Today Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're part of it too, Knock it off.
Speaker 1: Florida golfer girl, can I guess?
Speaker 3: Oh? I just took curious, can I guess we're white to the wedding? Well, you can wear anything you want to a wedding, just know.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: I was gonna make a joke about you just know what the dress code is, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wear a costume host to. No, you can't wear white to a wedding. Oh no, that's like the bride.
Speaker 1: No, you didn't know that I did. Yes, you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I think, out of respect for the bride, you should not wear white wed Unless it's she's saying like, wear whatever you want. I still am like, there's a lot of other options. I would have a hard time showing up in white. It's kind of kind of a ballsy move, like it's your day. It's the one day you get to wear this, you know, outfit, and you're gonna show up in something. It depends on the bride. How close are you to just be like, hey, do you care what color I wear? And she's like, no, I'm gonna wear a white dress. Cool whatever. I would be the coolest bride the third time around. I'd be like, wear a Halloween costume. Just I want my friends to show up. My friends weren't at any of my weddings, any of them.
Speaker 1: Seriously, this is.
Speaker 2: The wedding I want to go to, so figure it out. Not getting married again, but I am going to.
Speaker 1: Have a party.
Speaker 3: I just have a wedding and call and say it's not Stephen Curis's wedding.
Speaker 2: Wedding like, that's not a wedding. Friends episode, which so sad, by the way, I can do, I know, I know, and you're the biggest friends. Sad. Matthew perrydnine, life is short.
Speaker 3: And I actually met him at the NHL Awards and he was so nice. We're just talking hockey and all that, and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so sad, really sad. Life is short, fifty four years old.
Speaker 2: And then you look at someone like that and it's it goes, you know, to that old adage of like you know, Instagram versus reality, right where it's like, this is someone that's had such success and the highest level of fame and then they fight their own battles. But I also liked what he said is that when he died, he wanted people to remember him for his work and advocacy in sobriety, as opposed to being remembered for friends but really sad and obviously don't know the whole story on that how he passed away.
Speaker 3: But they played that song at the Dallas Cowboys game yesterday too.
Speaker 1: They did yeah, and it's like kind.
Speaker 2: Of a moment where that's that's so, I mean, what's the word for it, chursy.
Speaker 3: You're better with your words than I am, But that's so. I know they played it the Los Angeles Kings game because he was such a hockey fan. He went to King's games. They played it, you know, at the Dallas game when we were in break and everybody was kind of like singing it. I mean, I don't want to say you've made it, but you he is a friend. He was everybody's friend. He was a fixture and everybody's home.
Speaker 2: M h. It's just like yeah, and memoriam of somebody to like pay with their respect. His stepfather talking about Matthew Perry. If anyone hasn't connected these dots, his stepfather was Keith Morrison.
Speaker 1: Did you know that? From dateline?
Speaker 2: It's like, is that the most like iconic voice of like he what, Yeah, that's his stepfather. And I didn't know that until they were showing him and his mom's showing up at his house, but thoughts and prayers with his family.
Speaker 1: That's I hate when people say thoughts and prayers.
Speaker 2: I really do, because it's like you need more than that, but just sending respect to the family. All Right, we have a big show to air on Thursday. Lots to discuss, and I hope you guys join us. You remember submit all questions, comments and concerns.
Speaker 3: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.