Speaker 1: What's that at the bed. It's spooky, Hey jooky. I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, he said, I not nandas pease. Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I like to talk to people that I like about the Bear of Normal. I want to tell you I got some tickets to sell. Honey, I'm doing stand up comedy, not talking about ghosts. And I swear it's like this weird algorithm thing now on social media where if you're posting like flyers or you're trying to sell tickets or whatever like it, just Instagram does not let people see it and it's driving me crazy. So i'll tell you here. I am going to be in San Francisco. This is a new show that has been added. There's two nights, the twelfth and thirteenth of July, so it's coming up quick, and that's at the Eclectic Box Theater. You can get the tickets on my Instagram at Roz Hernandez. I have my linktree. It's linktree dot com slash ros Hernandez. And then the following day I'm going to Austin, Austin, Texas the fourteenth of July, and that's at Capcity Comedy Club and I would love to see you there now. Full disclosure. This episode that you are listening to, the entire thing my first time recording after some tragic news happened in my life. I just lost my dog Rocky. So I feel like I'm a little lower energy than normal because it's been a rough week for me. I had my dog for fourteen years. Well, I mean I adopted him fourteen years ago. My parents had him for a couple of years. Whatever. My first time losing a dog that I was, you know, so close to, And thank you to everyone for all of the love. It's actually really it made me feel so much better. I'm already looking for another dog because I just like can't live without a little baby. And it's been really weird. Like I'm leaving the house and I'm like, does anybody care I'm leaving? There's nobody there. If I drop food, I have to pick it up now. If I fired, I have no one to blame it on. It's awful. So anyway, we do have a great episode coming at you with Bab's Gray. Before we get to that, I saw an email that was really interesting. This one comes from Kate about a story from when she was in her twenties slash thirties leaving a nannying gig. Okay, so she writes. One night, around midnight or so, as I was driving to my home in Seattle, I saw a car accident up ahead, about thirty feet in the center lane of the multi lane freeway. The scene consisted of ambulances and police cars with flashing lights, and a paramedic loading someone onto a stretcher. I slowed down and changed lanes as I approached the scene, but as I got closer, it disappeared as if it never existed. I have no way to explain this, but I believe that it was likely some residual energy from past events somehow replaying itself. But who the fuck really knows? Right? Wow, Okay, thank you Kate for sending that. That is I mean, you would, yeah, if we go with like this idea of residual energy where traumatic things happen or who knows what, and it just replays in a location over and over again. Yeah, you would think that something like that would happen. That's a wild story. Thanks for sending that. Okay, let's talk to Bab's Gray on with the show. Oh my god, I am joined by an exactly right sister from the Lady to Lady podcast, Bab's Gray. Hello, Hi, how are you, Babs?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good? Are you?
Speaker 1: I'm okay? I'm I have had a week for sure.
Speaker 2: And it's only Tuesday, so you've had a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but no, everything's great. I feel good. I'm excited to talk to you about ghosts and aliens and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I mean, that's what you talk about in here, so I guess you kind of have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess. So what do you think of all that stuff? Do you believe all that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah I do.
Speaker 2: I don't. It's like I kind of feel like about it with religion, I'm almost like agnostic, you know where I don't like seek it out, but I definitely feel some type of way about it. And I think that I am scared of aliens and ghosts, so I kind of like, you know, it freaks me out, so I kind of avoid it because I am scared of it a little bit.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you don't go gooth hat and.
Speaker 2: No ghost hunting? I am such I am such a whuss like hunted houses. They freak me out so bad. I don't like the dark. I thought I thought I was gonna get abducted by aliens when I was a kid, Like I imagined aliens coming into my room and taking me. I definitely have like specific fears around it.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting because I do feel like because of movies, aliens are so scary. And there's also of course, like people's abduction stories were real popular. I feel like, you don't you never hear those these days? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is that? Because it's like I feel like even back then, they didn't even have as much of a platform, like you'd maybe see it on a news thing. But now it's like we have TikTok, you could you know, people could be posting that shit all the time, and I'm not really seeing it either.
Speaker 1: It's because the aliens were like, Okay, we had fun kidnapping you people, but then you go squeal about it and we're we don't need that pres and yeah, and I.
Speaker 2: Think maybe they just really liked that, Like maybe they just really liked the nineties and stuff, the aliens and they were just really into that time period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were into They were into grunge, and they just wanted to like learn more. They loved hanging out the mall, but I think ultimately our species is probably like not the best. And they were just like, Okay, these people are weird, Like we don't need those energy.
Speaker 2: That is true. They probably were like they did a few probes and they're like, we get it. We don't really what else is there learned.
Speaker 1: Because you can only probes so much exactly. So with ghosts, were you raised with like any belief on that, any like religious or cultural belief or like anything.
Speaker 2: I was raised Catholic, so you know, that's a lot of ghost ghost heavy stuff, totally ghosts haunting you and making you feel guilty guilt ghosts.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, nothing specific about like no one was ever specifically calling out like I feel like there's a spirit of someone here or anything. It was mostly yeah, just kind of just religious bullshit and yeah, that's it. And I just again was just like my own like I would be really interested in reading stuff about that, but I never had a like a one to one experience with anything, you know.
Speaker 1: I think when you're Catholic, at least from my experience of growing up Catholic, like because it was Sorry, I'm just going to use this word indoctrinated, yes, into my brain. At such a young age, I've felt like like the thought of like demons or any of that kind of thing was like so real and the scariest, and like the thought of hell where you're just like burning up with all these people like truly the scariest realist thing. And I do think there's a lot of people that feel that way that are a part of that religion. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, that's a real part of it. I mean, that's the thing, right, It's just like this, this thing's scary. So if you don't want to fuck up and end up there with all this scary hot stuff, it's nice that we're turning like we've fucked fear so much that it's turning into hell as much as it goes.
Speaker 1: You know, that doesn't seem that bad.
Speaker 2: That's really nice that we've done that. I mean, yeah, we weren't like too. My parents were never like you're gonna go to hell if something happened, you know. I think I was Catholic light like we went on you know, holidays, and they've gotten more religious as I've gotten older, but I think I kind of skated away a little bit without having to feel too shitty. I was also raised in Salt Lake City, i should say, and as yeah, and as a non Mormon being raised in Salt Lake City, I think that like they seemed much more extreme to me than anything Catholic because I was like kind of barely dipping in and out of church. You know, it seemed like the Mormon stuff was a lot more intense. Yeah, I felt like I was getting away. I was getting off easy, basically, Like I was like, I'm not in what where that is? So at least I'm not that, Yeah, because I mean I have a lot of friends who grew up in that and are like still, you know, it really fucks you up. It is a cult, and it's a very damaging I think, And so I felt grateful to not not had to deal with that growing up. Basically, Yeah, I just got to watch it. I just got to watch people go through it, which was great.
Speaker 1: You were what we used to call it, christer. You go and Christmas and Easter. That's great because then it would be the holidays and you're like, oh, look who's available now? Right?
Speaker 2: I love that idea of just like, hey, if I just check in twice a year, like, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that's that's good enough. God knows what's up. He knows I'm busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he's cool with that.
Speaker 1: Well, I did some research, and oh yes, I would love to share what I found with you.
Speaker 2: Please please share your research with me.
Speaker 1: It's actually a story that I've held on too for a while. It's it's one of the big ones in my industry here of ghosts and aliens and bigfoots and psychics. It's one of the most famous stories. And I don't know, I've just like always kind of been like, let's see what else we can find. And then I'm like, you know what, I think it's time. I think it's time that we do this story. Oh it's the story of Travis Walton. Have you ever heard of this?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I've never I guess I don't know if he's the ghost, but I guess I've just never thought of a ghost named Travis.
Speaker 1: But anyway, well, he's actually not a ghost. He was an alien abductee.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well, then never mind, that's correct. Travis does work for alien abductee.
Speaker 1: Travis is like kind of a hot name. I'm not gonna lieu. So yeah, this is like one of these famous in you know. Of course if you're like you pay attention to this, kundry, Yeah, this is this is your world. Like for me, for example, I feel like I always hear about the Travis Walton case and it inspired a movie called Fire in the Sky, which was.
Speaker 2: You know when was that really that was in like the nineties or when.
Speaker 1: Nineties or eighties?
Speaker 2: Because I think I remember that specifically that imagery really freaking me out and that being like something that did scare.
Speaker 1: Me, which, from what I believe, surprise surprise, you know, the movie version. You know, I don't think that's really what he says happened, right, right, They really, you know, did their movie thing with that?
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah the first I'm just looking it up and it just I'm seeingly creepy.
Speaker 1: What year does it say?
Speaker 2: The movie was nineteen eighty three?
Speaker 1: Ninety three, Okay, that sounds about right. Also, going back to what we were saying about the nineties, I feel like this movie came out in ninety three and then all these people were like that happened to me too, Maybe that has something to do with the nineties.
Speaker 2: To ride the Travis coattails totally.
Speaker 1: And people just wanting, like I want a movie about me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, if I say this happened, I can the movie will be made.
Speaker 1: Right right? Yeah, so then the movie just starts the production. Is that how it works?
Speaker 2: Greenlit?
Speaker 1: All right, So let's get into the abduction of Travis Walton.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of different places I could have done my research from, but I chose to just watch a documentary about it. It is called Alien Abduction Colon Travis Walton. You can find it on Max or Discovery. I think it's a Discovery plus Travel channel situation. All right. The story November fifth, nineteen seventy five, Northeast Arizona, just outside of Snowflake, Arizona. That's what the town's called. See now, I don't know if I could trust this story. You know, these snowflakes, Yeah, these snowflakes these days, these snowflags.
Speaker 2: Piled up about any abduction.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're always offended by everything. You can never say anything. Uh No, But I guess that's what the town's called Snowflake Arizona. So Travis Walton. He's a twenty two year old logger hut. He and his six male friends slash coworkers, were hard at work under the Arizona sun. They're in the forest. They're chop and wood. There's no women in sight. It's just six men chopping wood with their muscles. The sun is going down. They pack it up for the day and they're like up in the you know, mountains and the forest. And so they got like a thirty minute drive back down to town to snowflake. So as they start drying, a few of the men notice a bright light in the sky. As they get closer, they notice there's a giant saucer and it's hovering low. It's just right there above them. It appears to be glowing from the inside. Now, Travis, now here's where he messes up. He's curious, so he kind of gets out of the car.
Speaker 2: It always gets you.
Speaker 1: He starts walking towards it. He's like, what is that? I want to see it closer. As he gets a little closer, he's noticing it's like it's making this noise, this kind of rumbling sound. The ground is trembling. There's a bluish green light that starts shining down right on him. Whoa, it zaps him in the chest and he flies back about thirty feet. Now this is real messed up. The other guys are like, by Travis, nice knowing you they speed off?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, They're like, by Travis, that's what you gat.
Speaker 2: Damn you thought that, after all these years of chopping wood together that they would have each other's.
Speaker 1: Backs, you would think.
Speaker 2: But does every man for himself?
Speaker 1: I guess, And that's the world of wood chopping.
Speaker 2: Could you bond? You know?
Speaker 1: But I assume that's what I thought. I guess not damn.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not very nice.
Speaker 1: So they are like speeding off, and then they pull over and they're like, okay, was that fucked up? Like should we go back? I feel like you should go back, Like that's not like he's not that bad, like we like Travis. So they pull over, they look up and they see the UFO just speed off into the sky. So they're like, Okay, now I think we should go back. Let's go back now I think it's safe.
Speaker 2: It's safe. Yeah, it's clear.
Speaker 1: So they go back and they're like Travis, hey, hey boo, like that was that was crazy? He's gone. No Travis anywhere.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: So they're like fuck, they call the police. Now, of course this is seventies, so they had to literally like go find a phone and drive all the way down the mountain or whatever, right, So they call the police. The sheriff shows up and he's.
Speaker 2: Like, shooting in the sky.
Speaker 1: You might as well. The sheriff, of course, is like, okay, you people are drunk or high or both. Yeah, this is what the sheriff is thinking. But there's no signs. It's just men and wood and muscles.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: So the Sheriff's like, okay, I guess they're not drunk or high, but still, what are they what? So they go back with the sheriff to the location and there's no evidence of Travis nothing. So if you just think about it, like this is when these things were, it's so like gas lady or something, because it's five men, grown men that are like, there was a UFO here. It took our friend and people are like, no, it didn't. Yeah, But at the same time, the friend is gone, So it's like, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, who would you be in this story? Like would you be the one who investigated the UFO, or you'd be the one who's like, fuck this, I'm staying back.
Speaker 1: I would be the one that would have slammed on the gas the second Travis got zapped in the chest. I'm not gonna lie, but.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have been Travis. Would you have gone to investigate at all?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not? Okay, yeah, same, not interested in that.
Speaker 2: I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I would be like, Travis is stupid. That's true, that's what he gets. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So there's like documentation of all these guys saying this, that this happened.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, I mean there was a lot of you know, police reports and all of that, right, right, So the news is quickly spreading that apparently there was this young man that was abducted by a UFO and either way, wherever he went, he didn't come home. And so there's a man hunt that launches with approximately one hundred and fifty to two hundred people. They got dogs, they got helicopters flying over the area. People are looking for Travis, and of course naturally they're starting to suspect like, okay, guys, did you murder him? Was there an accident like that would be especially for like the seventy Like that would be the stupidest, like if you murdered someone. And then you're like, actually, you don't understand, it's not that it's a uf like what. So they're trying everything, they cannot figure it out. But still like these guys said that a UFO came. So at some point this is all a matter of a few days. An expert is brought in to measure radiation in the area and it is extremely high, So, you know, could that be something to do with I don't know any of this. Who knows. There's reporters flood in the area from all over the world. Everyone's like, what is this weird ass story? Then the famous men in black start showing up. No, I'm not talking about Will Smith. And who was the.
Speaker 2: Other guy, Tom Jones.
Speaker 1: Tommy Lee Jones, it was not.
Speaker 2: You're just saying, okay, whatever, Well, no men in.
Speaker 1: Black is a phenomenal that people report when these kinds of things happen.
Speaker 2: They show up, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: That there are men in black suits and usually and like uh kind of government cars, you know, like black tinted window cars, and they show up and they start interviewing people. Uh, the five guys in this story claimed that they were seeing men in black like following them around town and like kind of stalking them. Like this story, they sounded like they were actually like dudes that work for the government or whatever. Yeah. Yeah, but sometimes you hear these stories where it's like it seems like they're aliens that are trying to do human drag and like it's just very weird. It's like almost like muppet human situation where they're like not fitting in right.
Speaker 2: They're like, we're following them around, and also we're just choosing to do this and follow them around very like conspicuously.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So at this point in the story, three days have gone by, no sign of Travis. Oh, so the cops are zeroing in on one of the loggers named Alan Dallas.
Speaker 2: That is a great name.
Speaker 1: This guy had a criminal record of some sort, and he did have a fight with Travis that people had known about or like they were known to fight each other. So people are like, Okay, it seems like he's the one that might have killed Travis. They give the guys a polygraph test and asking them about the alien thing and did you kill Travis. Five out of six of them passed the test. Allen's the guy that they were suspecting. His is like inconclusive because I guess he kind of like I don't know, like had an attitude and like didn't want to answer. I don't know. But either way, they pretty much all passed this test, confirming that they did not kill Travis and that they saw this UFO. So now people after the polygraph test, people are starting to believe them. So five nights later, this is when the story gets good, I mean raptured. Five nights later, his sister, Travis's sister's phone rings at ten PM and on the phone it's like, hey, it's me Travis, And he's like, I'm at a phone booth at this part of town. Come get me. So his brother in law, his sister's husband, goes there to this phone booth. Sure enough, there's Travis. He says that he woke up on the highway with a UFO flying over him. He wandered down the road until he finally found this phone booth. He says that it just seemed like he was gone for like a brief period, like it was the same night.
Speaker 2: Like the lost time thing. Yeah, was he wearing the same clothes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because he's like, oh, that was crazy. I got zapped in the chest and then all of a sudden, I'm like on the side of the road and they're like, honey, turn on the TV, like we're looking for you. And also he says like because he's still alive, and he gives interviews and stuff, and he's like, oh my god, I have like five days worth of hair on my face, like facial hair. So he's kind of like freaked out, and he's examined and they're trying to like because of the press and stuff, they're trying to be like kind of secret about stuff because they whatever. So they contact this organization. Well actually this organization I think already knew about it. It's called the Aerial Phenomenal Research Organization or APPRO. And they're examining him and he's trying to figure out what happened, but he like can't really remember all even remembers is like the getting hit in the chest and waking up on the freeway or the highway. And they decide, let's do some regressive hypnosis therapy, so they basically, you know, hypnotize them, which is very common with these kinds of stories. And yeah, this is when these people start coming up with their details of the things that went up their button whatever. So he says that he remembers waking up after getting zapped in the chest in what appeared to be a small hospital and he's like his eyes are kind of blurry, can't really see, and then he notices that there's alien doctors and they're like five feet tall, no hair, white skin, big eyes, no expression. As he comes to he starts freaking out and he jumps off the table and he grabs some device that he starts you know, waving around at swinging at him. There. Oh, there's this big, huge device on his chest that he throws to the ground and then he grabs a piece of equipment and starts swinging it around at them. The aliens are like, okay, calm down, honey, and they just like kind of they're like, okay, we're out of here, so they like back off and leave. And he says that the air is like real thin and humid when in the wherever he is, and he's just like desperate for air. So oh. Also, he says that the lighting is very dim in this hospital room.
Speaker 2: Sexy romantic lating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of like a hot hospital. So he goes to another room and he sees what appears to be like a control room of some sort. He starts touching buttons, you know, naturally, just like what would happen if I did that? Nothing really happens. He notices what appears to be like a human, not an alien looking person like the other ones, and they're in like a spacesuit. And he says that this guy is like taller than him and muscular, and he's like, hey, help me, and the tall muscular man in the spacesuit just like doesn't respond, he doesn't say anything. And then he grabs Travis by the arm and he leads him to like this little booth like section of a hallway, and then he feels the air and it's like way better and he could start breathing better. And then he realizes that it looks like, oh, he's like in an aircraft hangar of some sort. Like he's not even he's not in like outer space, he's like somewhere else. And then they usher him to an area where there's more of these human looking creatures that basically from what they're described, they just look like white people and he's panicking. They're not responding to him, they don't speak English, whoever they are, and he's talking to them. They're not doing anything, and so then he starts fighting these bitches. They got superhuman strength. They grab him, they get him down on a table, they put an oxygen masks looking thing over his face, and then he woke up on the highway. Whoa, that's all he remembers. So, as the story starts getting out, more media going crazy. Reporters are stocking the hole, everybody involved in this showing up at their houses. There's a famous UFO debunker named Philip Class and he says, oh, this is a bunch of who we Oh. He researches and he claims that these guys needed to get out of their logging contract because they had to get this log job done and they weren't getting it finished in time. So this is what they came up with to get out of this.
Speaker 2: Their big distraction. This is similar, I will say to so justin Timberlake just got a dui right, And the conspiracy is that he did it on purpose to get out of his world tour because it wasn't selling up tickets. And then he wouldn't have to pay the insurance or something. I don't similar motive.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. Yeah, he should have just said that he was abducted and exactly can't go on the tour because he's abducted. Then you wouldn't have like a criminal ressappear for five days. Well, so of course there's like a lot of people that don't believe this story. But the guys were like, we are not going back to the location. Were done with this job. And of course people are suspecting that they were just drugged out, but again the police were under the impression that they weren't. The witnesses are just constantly harassed around town. This story has like really gotten big. But this organization appro the Aerial Phenomenon Research Organization, they're like very convinced by this story because a variety of reasons. But when they found Travis, he was dehydrated, he was ten to twelve pounds lighter. However, blood tests showed that he was likely nourished somehow I don't know how.
Speaker 2: But alien tube stuff.
Speaker 1: Some tube stuff I don't know what end. But also like the woods would have been freezing cold, so there's no way he could have survived in the woods for five nights. And also there are multiple reports of UFO sightings from other people that year previously to this story. And then there's the lie detector results, but who knows what those But I mean five got five guys, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Look, yeah, I will say I don't see five guys organizing something of this caliber, you know what I mean? Like, that's why it feels true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think they're just as they're cutting their logs, they're like okay. And then another thing we should say, we should like, no.
Speaker 2: No, they're not. They're barely figuring out like what to you know, what to eat for dinner? They're not coming up with this shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just organizing this.
Speaker 2: No, there's no way.
Speaker 1: And then in nineteen seventy eight he wrote a book called The Walton Experience. Ooh, and yeah, this is a story that is, you know, one of the big ones.
Speaker 2: So in the documentary you watched, is like a lot of interviews with him and stuff like what's your when you get from him? Do you think he really experienced it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so, I think why not? It's I don't know. I do think. Here's the thing I don't want to sound like I'm a part of the misogyny that we're you know, taught to believe or whatever. But the reason that I would believe these men is not because I'm like, men are great. It's because I think men are so stupid that I don't think that they would be able to pull this off.
Speaker 2: So no, that's why. Yeah, like I don't see them more like putting their heads together for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this plot. So this is like, it's definitely a situation where I'm like, oh, I trust because there are men. I believe them, but like I do, like, yeah, it's you.
Speaker 2: Know, I totally understand that makes sense. Yeah, it's that is wild. I mean, it is an interesting thing where you think, if it's true, why do the aliens pick who they pick? You know, like, why aren't you just picking someone who's already asleep and not like you're not creating a disturbance so that people know someone disappeared or whatever, picking off someone who's alone or something. Maybe they're not thinking about it. It's like, is it just that you happen to be in the area and you're like that guy looks good?
Speaker 1: You know, well, you know what's interesting is like I've I've covered quite a few of these stories on the pod, and it seems like a lot of times it's like younger men and some of these stories where the guys remember more than Travis. That's the other thing. If he remembered like all this shit, like I don't know, he doesn't, he had like a good amount for me to believe. But some of these guys will tell these stories of oh, this is like a full on mating thing where right, the aliens are like, you're hot, you're in shape, want your baby juice, and so they impregnate like lady aliens. Yes, yes, so who knows what he doesn't remember that happened up there, But.
Speaker 2: He might have some kids running around he doesn't even know about up in the sky.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure. That that's the special I want to see. Is him reuniting with his children. Yes, and then they're all pissed off at him because they're like, you know, he's an absentee father.
Speaker 2: Right If any of those kids get twenty three and meters and they're like, oh my god, this is oh.
Speaker 1: My god, this is so crazy. There's a movie about when my parents had conceived me.
Speaker 2: The screenshots from this movie, Like, I can see what you're saying. They obviously took liberties as far as what he remembered, but they are terrifying looking, Like what is it. It's like a screenshot of him under like a sheath of like skin, like screaming. It looks horrific.
Speaker 1: That's one thing I remember from that movie that he's like in this like I don't know, like skin shoot of some sort.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's not fun looking.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyway, I think I believe it. The documentary is interesting. I mean, basically I just covered everything that they talk about for the most part. But it is cool to see him And well, so there was six guys. Two of them have passed, but the other ones are in it, and like his girlfriend at the time is interviewed, and these people, I don't know. That's the other thing. It's like, wouldn't you give up on the bit at a certain point?
Speaker 2: Like totally? I think that because of course you couldn't plan for is say this was planned. You couldn't know the amount of crazy attention you were gonna get, right, you know, for it. And I think anyone who's gone through that would never do that on purpose.
Speaker 1: Well, and I just think it's such a risk to go this route to try to get a million dollars. Yeah, because if it fails, which is very likely, people are just going to think that you are absolutely insane.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's not really good for your future jobs or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, aren't you that person that said that aliens took you? Like, but then we found out it was not true.
Speaker 2: It's like I can't hire you for a job because you might get abducted. Also, like maybe you're there they like you specifically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they never found what he was doing for five days, Like they never found another thing, right, and like.
Speaker 2: To not find any evidence of that anywhere in the woods or just anything. Especially, it's like how he did survive that. Yeah, that's interesting. I mean, I definitely it makes me even though you did say you just told the whole story, I'm gonna I'm gonna watch this is very interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, watch it. I still think it's worth it to see the interviews and and you can decide for yourself if your bullshit meter is going off. Yeah, can I show you a haunted doll?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, let's do a haunted doll.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's time for a segment I call the dolls are living. Okay, So what I do, Babs is I go to eBay dot com. Oh and I type in the words haunted doll. There are thousands of them, and people are selling these dolls claiming that there is a ghost inside of them. Okay, and a lot of times they write little biographies to go with it.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, amazing.
Speaker 1: And as always, people listening to the show, you can go to ghosted by Ras on Instagram to look at a picture of this doll we are talking about under the tab called dolls on my story highlights. Uh jiha, could you show us Christy please me Christie. She's a little diva.
Speaker 2: She is a diva.
Speaker 1: She doesn't look as like busted as I want to haunted doll to look. But sometimes that's scarier.
Speaker 2: She looks very put together.
Speaker 1: I will say she is put together. She has like ringlet curly fry curls.
Speaker 2: A stole Is that a stole? Like the her coat, her little like fake fur coat.
Speaker 1: Stole my heart, stole your soul. Uh yeah, she's got like a little a little faux fur or maybe real for I don't know, with a matching hat with a ball on top.
Speaker 2: Yes, a brooch.
Speaker 1: Her feet are creeping me out a little bit. Yes, but you know, she just looks like a put together blonde. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The more I look at her, the more creepy she is. Like the vacancy in her eyes, which I guess is a standard for dolls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty standard. She could go she could use a lip.
Speaker 2: Color, yes, in my very Yeah.
Speaker 1: But that's okay too. And then yeah, she's got like straight up Arby's curly fry hair. She's cute. So anyway, here's the story. And by the way, she is available for anyone that has eighty five dollars. This person writes, I found Christy at a thrift store. When I wound her up and heard the music, I fell in love. Oh, she plays music. So Christy took a while to open up to me. I've found a lot of teenage spirits do. Christy can be quite sassy, and she's got quite a mouth on her. She passed away as an older teen of hypothermia, but told me she doesn't want to talk about it. She'd rather gossip. When I play dramas or anything that has intense gossip. Christy will move and play music on her own. She wants to focus on the here and now and focus on things that she was into when she was alive. She was a blonde and was one of the popular girls. She can't understand that her perfect life was taken from her. Sometimes she can be mean about it. I understand this because I understand teenage emotions. I think it would be more helpful to help her through her trauma and surround her with uplifting things. Although she does like to gossip from time to time. She hasn't seen the classic movie Mean Girls. I'm waiting for her adopter to show her that movie because I know she'll love it. She is extremely active when she wants to be. She is good with other spirits, pets, and kids. So eighty five dollars, Christie, Wow.
Speaker 2: Wait, what era are they? Did they say? What era they said she was alive or like her teenage self is from?
Speaker 1: I don't know, okay, because.
Speaker 2: I feel like they have to always have to be from like the eighteen hundreds or something like a teenager from nineteen eighty three years something. Wow, Christy, I think yeah. I feel like it's kind of mean that they're not just showing her Mean Girls. It's like you're holding out on her kind of.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, just play it? Yeah, what are you waiting for? Like? What are we doing to rent it? Like? It's what nine? Just watch it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can show Herming Girls the musical. How about that? There you go, This person can show her the original.
Speaker 1: So yeah, for anyone interested, that's Christy. Hey can I play you some ghost voices? Oh please, it's time for EVP or ev pase okay, baps. Here's what I do. I like to find evp's electronic voice phenomenon. So that is basically what we call in the business whenever a ghost is speaking and is captured on a recording device of any sort, and people love to just post these on TikTok and YouTube.
Speaker 2: I see these on TikTok sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're pretty good, some of them. Sometimes sometimes it's Evy pull loose. Uh. So I got two of them for you today. And this first one was posted on YouTube by Pendulum Paranormal Timeline. I don't know exactly where they captured this voice, but they say it was at a jail of some sort. What is this ghost saying? Could you hear that?
Speaker 2: Wait? Play yeah, Pilla again?
Speaker 1: Sounds like you're saying Rayola, Rayola Rayleoda.
Speaker 2: Yeah that Raleota or Crayola is the closest day.
Speaker 1: Wait, let me hear it again. I think it's saying Raleoda.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's not what Pendulum Paranormal Timeline thought. Okay, so I'm gonna give you an abc D and one of these is the correct answer. Did they think it was a Britney bitch b bring them on? C I got none or D big old balls. Okay, let me play it again.
Speaker 2: Bring them on? For sure? I can hear.
Speaker 1: That that is indeed what they believed. Yeah, okay, now that we know that, let's listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, not Raallyoda bring them on. We did think Raleiota could have been hit, maybe perhaps his ghost.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I guess they were saying we're gonna take out the Ouiji board or something like that, and then the ghosts bring them on.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's a response to that. That is the thing like whenever I watch them on TikTok, it's you are taking some liberties with what you think they're saying. Like, oh, for sure, if I never heard someone say bring them on, I don't know if I ever would have heard that, you know, but yeah, now I'm hearing it.
Speaker 1: Exactly, which is why I when I do this, I like just to play it and hear what you might get from, you know, just out of thin air, because that is what these people are doing. But it's so interesting, how Yeah, I feel like I heard it say raay liota yeah, and then I'm like, okay.
Speaker 2: Wait, It'll always be reallyoda to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's one more. This is from Trace Spirit Sense Paranormal on YouTube. What is this one saying?
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's a longer one. It's whispery and weird. Let me play it again, any guesses.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's hard for me to hear any words in there because it such sounds just like a noise. Yeah, you obviously listen to this a lot more than me, So like, for I was like that, what was the voice in there? I heard? Like, I don't know, just like ah attack or something.
Speaker 1: It's like it's a sentence that's.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, there is a lot of like choppiness.
Speaker 1: Well, let me give you some options. Okay, do they think it was a I hate Louis c K? Do they think it was b ah? Wait, I'm talking to you. Oh do they think it was C I hate looking at you or d I ate a little too much? Okay, it's one of those. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's so interesting after you hear, like after you give me words that put it into what I hear afterwards. Okay, I hate looking at you. It sounds like it is.
Speaker 1: Indeed, I hate looking at you. Whoa rude?
Speaker 2: I would really hate a ghost to say. Yes, it's like, you know what, I can't even see you, so I can't say it the other way.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, right, it's like, what do you look like? Bitch? Yeah, let's see you, bitch.
Speaker 2: This is a one way street. Funk off.
Speaker 1: Let me play it now that we know it's I hate looking at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, what do you know what the context of that one was?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't right, It didn't say and I'm sure the person that posted it was embarrassed that the ghost said that and was like, you know what, I don't even hear it is because it is technically something. It's just like this one time, probably my favorite one ever, were found there's a person farted really really loud, and then they believe they heard a ghost say I don't like that. And it's like they had to keep the fart in the video so that it made sense, but they were like embarrassed. I'm sure, but like, what do you do? Like you have to you have to use this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you got to do stuff that they're going to react to, you know, and farting could be it makes sense too. It's like a gas, you know. I can see that interacting with them.
Speaker 1: I've said famously many times, I believe that farts are the ghost of food.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: They are because food has died and it has now gone from a solid to you know, a different form, just like with humans when they die. And wow. Yeah, yeah, hey, Babs, that's about it. We're done.
Speaker 2: That was so interesting. You're a great storyteller. I was really fascinated by the alien story, which I hadn't heard so work.
Speaker 1: Ah, thank you, Bab's What do you what do you want? What do you want people to know about you? Where do you want people to find you?
Speaker 2: Oh? My god? What do I want people to know about me? Yeah? I have a podcast called Lady. It's a Lady on the Exactly Right Network.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, and uh.
Speaker 2: We're on every week. We've been on every week for over a decade, which is ridiculous. And so yeah, go check that out where we you know, have different funny ladies on every week. It's a really fun show and I do stand up, so follow me on Instagram at Bab's Gray. I've got a show called super Bloom that's every Monday in LA. It's really fun as well.
Speaker 1: I want to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're on our list, so oh i'd love to. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much, and I want you to know I don't hate looking at you.
Speaker 2: That's so creepy.
Speaker 1: I that was actually creepy, ear than saying I hate lady. Yeah, am I doing? I'm out of it all right, that's it. Yeah, thank you so much to Bab's. Also, make sure you are following us on Instagram at ghosted by Roz and my Instagram at Roz Hernandez. Get those tickets to come see me alive if I'm comeing someplace where you live.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I got tickets on sale for Philadelphia. Pretty soon Portland will be on sale. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Came on. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at Roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the Startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the Eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine Chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the Terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spooky Georgia Hard Start, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer