Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season two ninety, episode two of Dirnally's I I Say production of by Heart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dove into America's share consciousness. And it is Wednesday, June seventh, three, World Food Safety Day, World National Running Day, National VCR Day for all the cooked ones out, the National Oklahoma Day, National Chocolate ice Cream Day.
Speaker 2: Boom boom. Food safety. Yeah, that's an important one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is an important one. Store your ship properly, you know what I mean. Yeah, they used to used to just be able to get poisoned. You just like order order or like eat a thing of ten beef. There's levels of your family would die.
Speaker 2: It's like, but the question is do you or do you not wash your chicken?
Speaker 1: You gotta rip soap and water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put in the washing machine, n dishwasher, dishwashers like nice mayor. I remember the first time I had a white roommate and I was making some like Japanese food that I left in a pot that I just left on the stove overnight, and They're like, you gotta put that in the refrigerator, and I'm like, no, I fucking don't don't part of it. Yeah, that that was something with my Korean mother in law where the food just stays out on the pot and then you just heat.
Speaker 1: It up, kills it boom, and I remember being like, look, man, like I get that you're not comfortable with that, but that's that's where we're in our part of the world. We leave this ship on the stuff.
Speaker 2: I just like that. You're like my first white roommate. It's like we knew where the story was going. It was incorrect.
Speaker 1: You got that thing a mayonnaise wonder bread.
Speaker 4: Brother, my brother, my brother, all right, brother, see after work, brother, don't be them.
Speaker 2: Don't be them.
Speaker 1: Don't be them, because that's the diet and word I'm telling you. I'm telling them. Ye are on the brother, Okay, brother, brother is more fuck up more.
Speaker 2: Just like what I mean. You know what, Hug Holgan has really proven that hate brother is really parallel to the Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Kind of hard to I'm just saying white bartenders don't call your black customers brother. You know, all right, brother, Sorry that we'd have to have this conversation with bartenders, but yes, please me, brother, I got you. Christ Hey, alright, oh man, my name is Jack O'Brien aka Potatoes O'Brien. Let's do that. We'll save the long ass ak for another day, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gris charge.
Speaker 5: Way too much for some tiickets. She's singing my life with her words. Piss myself softly for her song, Piss myself softly.
Speaker 2: For her song, telling.
Speaker 1: Him anyway, it's all about Taylor Swift peeing yourself. We all know that. Shout out to Lacerni.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that part ticket to the busted. That part is the fucking part of that song. Anyway.
Speaker 3: Let me get out the fucking way that was from Locarni. Shout out to you and the fujis. Yeah yeah, and Miles little house keeping up top. For the first time in the history of the show, doing a new public has schedule for the summer, We've scaled back to a mirror eight episodes a week, only one episode on Monday, which is going to be as you heard this past Monday, a long trending episode to catch you up on stuff you messed over the weekend, one just regular episode on Friday, and then Tuesday mornings episode yesterday's episode, we're we're going wild. We're trying some new stuff out. We're talking to listeners.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we talked to a listener who delivers pizza for Dominoes about you know, gives you a unique look at your community at and at a surprising number of dicks. Spoke to a renowned astrophysicist about UFOs and yeah, those episodes will be like kind of evergreen, you know, just fun.
Speaker 2: Go go check them out.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna keep talking to listeners about your jobs. You know what our jobs are. What's something interesting about your job? We also talked about a story about a a veterinary pathologist who accidentally got high while investigating a bag of dead bald eagles. So covered the bar has been set.
Speaker 2: Wow, y'all are generous with your time.
Speaker 1: Can I just say that we look, we got it, We got time. We got Hit us with craziest thing that ever happened on your job, something most people misunderstand about your job. Hit us at daily'seas on Twitter discord. Let us know, we'll keep it anonymous if you'd like us. Two miles. Yeah, we are thrilled to be joined in our third scene. Oh yeah, one of our favorite guests, one of our listeners favorite guests. Yes, she loved to roast our ass. She's you're getting helping of roast potatoes today. Baby. She's a writer, actor, one of the funniest stand up comedians doing it. She has a stand up special on HBO that I am going to keep directing you too, because it is. It's just so fucking good. It's one of the best stand up specials I've I've seen in many a years. It is called Bitch Grow Up, and she is called Marcella Arga.
Speaker 2: Marcel aka Queth Latina a k A. Bitcher Prior aka Latina Marie. What's up y'all? What uh pitcherd pror is good?
Speaker 1: Oh? Marcella? What's good? What's good? How you got?
Speaker 2: Everything is good?
Speaker 1: I love that I've been you know, I was. I was dming you earlier. Okay, because earlier you Marcella was in our Google doc being like I see you, motherfucker. I was like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: You can see someone typing typing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I always like it was my favorite thing to do when I was writing on But I love to be able to catch people when they're in the Google doc in the middle of a sentence, because you know they're deep in thought.
Speaker 1: Like I just got it right there.
Speaker 2: I was like, fuck you or whatever I said.
Speaker 1: He said, who is this? Like the fuck? And then I'll set it right under where they're.
Speaker 2: Exactly in the middle of.
Speaker 3: The second hijacked my cursor. I was like, this is fucking violent. I'm like texting everybody else on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm like, hey, one of y'allucking with me in the dock and then I go, or it's Marcella and I said, yes, does Marcella today? Never mind? Yeah, and then I DM Marcella go, this is you fucking with me and the dock? You go, you know you fucking know.
Speaker 2: It here it is? But anyway, spy at nine am.
Speaker 1: But yeah, ever since, I mean, it's I.
Speaker 3: You may have been gone when I was on leave, but I feel like I've been watching your clips and stuff and seeing you on tour and everything.
Speaker 2: It looks just killing it out there. I'm okay, I want to say I'm killing it, but I'm doing all right. I'm still waiting for a viral clip, you know, crowd work clip just going viral, mean roasting these folds no game for a lot of right now. It's real, you got you gotta get that right now they are and you know, and I don't like feel terrible because I know it's also part of like the after effect of the pandemic where the pandemic fucked up a lot of comedy businesses, like their actual business format, and they're just trying to make up still for like everything they lost, and they're trying to find a rhythm and they're trying to find this audience and they're having to just book like a list headliners or people who have you know, super viral clips millions of you know, views on one hundred thousand followers on Twitter or I'm sorry on Instagram and TikTok and that's just the name of the game right now. So I'm just posting clips and I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Right how how person get own?
Speaker 2: And that's the thing. I don't like posting that type of material because I don't I don't think crowd work clips are that great. I think that every now and again, there's some fun ones like Seth tolliv is really good at crowd work, but it's very rare that these crowd work clips are actually like actually good. You know, and like not just like a silly little clip. It's like.
Speaker 1: One thing. Yeah, I wish I would. I would imagine I would not be by your crowd work.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I'm and I'm good at crowd work. Oh of course I'm great at CrowdWork. But I don't like me to show up and just get like you're looking.
Speaker 6: At this camera, this white bread, white bread, not washing motherfucker bag of white bread blue into the theater today.
Speaker 3: Wait, but how how often I wonder if like it's just like it reminds you of when like in TV they were giving YouTubers all these deals and stuff because they had audiences quote unquote, and then you put in front of the camera and they just shit the bed. Like how often are people booking comedians have like two clips but then they can't put together like fifteen twenty minutes like on.
Speaker 2: I think much more often than And you know what the reality is because again this is still business. It is show business, right, So the reality is that weekend, they don't give a shit. They'll just never rebook that person if they're not good, but they got to keep that money. That then them upucker, you know. And so yeah, I think it's going to die out within the next year or so. But like, and I like the creams of the Cops. Is why I say step hollow because she's actually a legitimately solid comedian and she can actually that's that's why her crowd work clips are just the superior ones. But and she's getting work, you know, because she's and it sucks for her. She's like, I'm not verified on Instagram, so i can't make money off my clips, but I'm getting work because I'm viral on Instagram. And it's like, it's really a shitty situation right now. But real stand ups, we're just like, we just want to work, you know. We just want to be out there working and doing jokes and working on a material. So got support live comedy guys. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, Marcella, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we are going to tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. Donald Trump is melting down on truth Social, which is usually a pretty good indicator that like the meteorologists are checking the weather on truth Social and saying, oh, this looks like an indictment might be coming. So Miles, you're going to dig into that shaggy He's like, everyone misunderstood what it wasn't me was about, which it seems really to me. I think we probably talked about the Apple like goggle things on trending. We talked about that on trending yesterday, but the goggles overshadowed a big announcement that iPhone auto correct will finally let people say.
Speaker 2: Fuck fuck yeah.
Speaker 1: All that plenty more, But first, Marcella, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 2: You know what sucks? I don't really have anything interesting in my search history right now because I could give a shit about everything right now. But I will say my the tab that I keep going into, I've gotten into so dorky. I really have gotten into those New York Times games. Oh yeah, follow them beta. I mean, I'm sorry, the Numbers, the new beta Numbers game that they're testing out, the fucking letterbox, the what is it called Vertex and all.
Speaker 1: I'll only no word Wait, so okay, I know World Spelling, Bee, crosswords and wordle that's yeah.
Speaker 2: They have a mini crossword. I do that one because it's free, and they have like uh, they have just they have a ton of game there. Let me pull them up. But they have like new game that they're testing out, and it's a it's just a math. You just like figure out. They give you like six numbers and they give you a whatever, four hundred and ninety one, and you within those six numbers that they've given you have to try to land on four hundred and ninety one are closest to It's their newest game that they're doing, but they have all these other games. God damn it.
Speaker 1: Uh it appeals to the numerologist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really dorky. It's there's like letter box where you like it's like a mash but there's letters all around and you just like build words and.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah that's spelling B.
Speaker 2: Right, No, that's a different one. Spelling B is like you have to use this letter in the center. But they have another one like that that's like the mash box and you just literally have to just it's really that's all I'm doing in my safari on my on my fucking phone phone, and I'm not gouggling anything anymore. I'm sick of learning shit, I'm tired of information. I'm exhausted right now.
Speaker 1: You still play word?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Me love it and I don't feel bad about it anymore. I'm just like, I still funk with this.
Speaker 2: I got in four today, I.
Speaker 1: Got it in six. I almost yeah, double bogied.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Somebody when I was like bragging about how good I was a word, they were like, let me see your scores. All right, So six is a double bogie, A five is a bogie, fours par three is a birdie. Two is an eagle. Like that's how you like score it like golf and that awful.
Speaker 2: It's terrible. White people are ruin everything.
Speaker 1: Right, You're not gonna believe this.
Speaker 2: It was a white person. I know only white people think like that. I think it's kick the fun out of this.
Speaker 1: It's wild to me though, that like New York Times went from like this newspaper to them like.
Speaker 2: Yo, the games though.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, it's like that's really where they're strong now. Not the journalism.
Speaker 2: So much journalism was god awful.
Speaker 1: But have you played their angry bird's skin is no.
Speaker 2: I'm just joking. I'm just joking, Ja.
Speaker 1: I want to make sure that you thought you I have a joke.
Speaker 2: A story I tell on my first album called The Woke Bully, and it's about when I was thirteen. I was friends with these girls. I mean, there were my friends, and they were and I was a jokester, literally the same jokester that I am today, where I'm just like, what's up, bitch, what's up? House up? Yeah, whatever, whatever. That's how I talked. It's how I talked as I was a kid. And I had my friends write me a letter that was like, hey, Marcella, we know that you're so funny, and we know that your sense of humor is what it is, but we just want to say that if you're gonna call a sluts and whores, you need to say just kidding every time you say it. And I was like, oh my god, so fuck, it's freely helpful for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then so I went to school and they're like, hey, Marcella, did you read the letter? And I was like I did, and I just want to say, I'm absolutely gonna make sure I do that sluts just kidding. And I slipped them off and I walked away and I was never friends with them again. I tell the story much better, but I hate when people say just kidding. I don't care if people knew or didn't know you were kidding. Do not give in. I hate it.
Speaker 1: Lie to me. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck, and women do it more than men.
Speaker 1: Like you really thought that there was a New York Times skin of Angry Birds, and I didn't want you to waste your time.
Speaker 2: I was excited. I would have googled it, and you're ruined that opportunity.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just kidding. Oh, I had my sister and I like we would always like, yeah, I just have a bad habit of boys, Like.
Speaker 2: Just kidding. I know you were abused. I can tell Controlling household, right.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that that Christian wage character? Like that she did that one bit where the characters would all everything was just kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding, just kidding, just kidd There's the thing women do, and I hate it so much, drives me crazy. I hate it. I don't people don't know I'm kidding or not. Maybe I'm not kidding, bitch, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe you are a piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, I think, especially with that specific incident, it was like we're thirteen and I know you guys are all virgins, We're not, like can you relax?
Speaker 1: Like were they going to church or something where that was like that you put on them like we are not.
Speaker 2: It was so stupid. Yeah, well I'm sure they're doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, now what uh what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Okay, this is gonna be this is gonna sound worse than it actually is. But I think right now we're in movies, but the race shit is kind of getting out of hand, and I'm like, we're like more focused on race shit than we are like the actual story itself and me, you know, And this is more like a complaint about the industry being like we need Latinos, we need Asians, we need blacks to make the coming of age movie of their time without like focusing on the substance of it. And so that's my I'm like, can we just like write fun movies? Which brings me to my underrated which is and I've been saying for a while, like I wish we had more of those like eighties and nineties weirdo movies like like Labyrinthe or like Drop Dead Fred or Transavania six five thousand, all those like really weird movies. But maybe from people of different backgrounds to give it that twist that we're needing, which would fulfill my first complaint. And I fucking saw Problemista this weekend at the Los Angeles Latino Film Festival, and that shit was that It was so it reminded me of all those movies and it's still interesting, and it talked about obviously being an immigrant and all that bullshit that comes with it, but it did it in like a way that you weren't saying there like oh my god, this is the most touching and it was like, nah, that shit. It was weird, it was quirky, it was back and forth. It was very like all those elements of Drop Dead Fred and like those movies, I just listened where it's like, man, this is like so fun. I'm I also was paying attention to how uh you know, they can rate it whatever they want, but can you watch it with kids? And I like that there's potential that like eight year old ten year olds will get to watch that movie and it'll be like have the same effect that like whatever Transylvania six had on me. And I like that. I like that young people and everybody get to watch this movie and there's all these other fun movies that are coming out too, and I'm so I'm excited about that.
Speaker 1: Right is Yes, directorial debut, it was great staring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, until this Winton it's really cool. Yeah yeah, I mean Riza acting against till this Winton was probably not the wisest choice, but it was also just like who, I don't care. At the end of the day, we know it, believe you.
Speaker 1: Know, right right? Oh ship, Yeah, it's great. Isabella Russellini's the narrative.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, dude, it's it's it's a it's overwhelming for the senses, you know, especially if you're thinking, and.
Speaker 3: I think this is like the same thing, right, like to your point, like the Hollywood development has always been like about like how hard is it to be black or Asian or Hispanic, like whatever it is. It's always like how fucked up? Yeah, for pain, that's what you want to know, because it's all yeah, it's always like just racial pain porn basically exact, rather than being like, yeah, how about some goofy motherfuckers that happen to not be white doing whatever or cis hit people just fucking around and it's about what the fuck they do, rather than being like.
Speaker 1: But what, but what are we saying about race in twenty twenty three. It's like it's about it's just about showing people as they are. That's why, like everything everywhere, all at once was so great. It's like, yes, people like this is about Asian people or coach, I'm like, I mean this Asian people in it. But it's also just yeah, yeah, it's also just a wild fucking ride. And it's just it is what it is. And look, it's the best, one of the best fucking movies.
Speaker 2: One of the and and that's what that's when it is all the intersections like come together beautifully. That's a perfect example of like when the ship fucking rocks the world of like what it's like what art and cinema is supposed to be. And it's beautiful and I loved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Problem, man, you have something to say to this? Do you have any contributions to the subject matter?
Speaker 1: Uh, it just must be really like, get Out hits different, different, shi, it really hits different. Actually, get Out.
Speaker 2: You're playing a double boogie on wordle and then you just get out.
Speaker 1: Get Out and you're like, oh, none of this matters, Like solve the world because they never seen Get Out.
Speaker 2: But I have, but I did because you know I'm there, I'm there up here, you know, and in my heart.
Speaker 1: There you go. Pounded brother, cool brother, brother to the zoom screen. Did I feel like, did we talk about Loss of Spooky's on TDZ, because I mean when it was shows it's a great My mom loved that. Oh my god, so god, what a wild one. If you if you missed it, go back and watch it before HBO, before it takes it.
Speaker 2: Down or whatever, the before Max takes.
Speaker 1: Max does Yeah, before David's Max. My bad. Fuck.
Speaker 2: I keep forgetting that they have a filter on Instagram. I just used it this morning and I was like, what the fuck is this the Maxican capitalist propaganda right now? And it's also just funny to me that it's like the one to watch and it's like, bitch, the one to watch is HBO, Like that would be funing real here right right right, but like we will you know, stream your ship because you got the HBO ship. Yeah, this is and the filter is pointless. It's just like the post session character you I wish I wish it was that actually winning. It's just like the flyers behind you, like rotating behind you and you're just like, oh, I have a beautiful, perfect face.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Yes that's what It's just like, all this should scrolling.
Speaker 2: Behind loo can be complaining.
Speaker 1: They just turn your fucking basically hijacking your content to be like and this is a stealth ad and it's not even stealthy at all. You're on a billboard. Yeah, what if we put a billboard for our ship behind you.
Speaker 2: It's a filter with a filter with the myelashes, young girl stream Anyways, guys, watch my studio special streaming now on Max. Thank you.
Speaker 1: That is the one to watch. That is we got right here, all right, and we are big l supporters on this podcast, so we do we do just want to say, you know, shout out to him.
Speaker 2: He's a visionary.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Damn. I really wanted to be like are you were you just kidding?
Speaker 1: Sure, and we're back. And I got a call from a telemarketer and I said, this is content, folks. Uh no, But first of all, Marcella, you told us you don't get called, don't leave your phone, no, like your number down anywhere.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, I said that when we were off kidding joking.
Speaker 1: I just broke out into full body sweats. I thought you were serious. Wait but wait, sorry, wait, you're but you're careful like where you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you know, when you're like signing up and they're like, give us your phone number, but because we have to have it when we delivered this ordered or whatever, you don't I put my mom's house number.
Speaker 1: Is her phone just always ringing?
Speaker 2: Well, yes, but also the house's number. It's forwarded to her cell phone. And uh so when they you know, because some of these places are sending you text That's what I'm trying to avoid, is the text. So they those texts go nowhere. So that's a nice little tricket that I do. But she runs a business, so she's used to being overwhelmed and the phone's now, you know, Mark potentially. I don't like how this is making me look like a very bad child. I want to know we all do this. It's fine.
Speaker 1: I want to see that said to a landline is brilliant. I don't think I know any landline numbers right now. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: But one? I used to have a landline just specifically to send everything. But the problem was that landline number I had already existed in the world, so it was being overwhelmed by wherever that person's at that number. I'm actually tempted to get another number from my my hometown. They just expanded from the two oh nine. I think it's like three o two, and I was like, I need to get one of those numbers because that's like unused, right untainted, oh.
Speaker 1: Right, because yeah, that's not on a directory. It's not like on a.
Speaker 2: Spam it's a new Mariot code, so you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was saying that like when you get those calls though, like when you reject them, like when it said scam, likely, like those automated systems will mark it as an active phone number because you've actually interacted with it by rejecting the call versus letting.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so obnoxious.
Speaker 1: This makes so much sense.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tea because if you're a.
Speaker 1: Heavy rejector brother, like I'm a heavy rejected, I'm an immediate, angry rejector very strong. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've been in this room for four months in a row.
Speaker 1: All right, Should we talk about Donald Trump? Yeah? Yeah, Donald Trump pathological liar, but he does seem to have patterns that in his behavior that I feel like we're starting to get a sense of like how he operates, what what the weather? Got pattern his behavioral patterns. And he just flipped out about a potential indictment from the Marxist Special prosecutor on truth Social So it feels like we got something coming. We got down, folks.
Speaker 3: Like the last way, before the Alvin Bragg New York indictments, he had a pre l tantrum on truth Social and I think and again his most effective pre l tantrum was the twenty twenty fucking big you know what I mean, Like, you know, there's like those these pre L tantrums, they go somewhere, and I think that one made him think that he could do it again for Alvin Bragg.
Speaker 1: The shit didn't go anywhere, And now he's doing it again for this federal case that he's facing or potentially, you know, if he's indicted. And at first it started yesterday with him saying report because people are like, oh, we saw Trump's lawyers at DJ, like this might mean there's some shit going down. He said, reports other marks a special prosecutor DOJ and FBI, I want to indict me on the boxes hoax coat boxes. Despite all of the wrongdoing that they have done for seven years, including spying on my campaign, Biden crimes go unpunished, including that he had boxes in Chinatown in his garage by the Corvette in air quotes and the scare quotes, and eighteen hundred and fifty boxes in Delaware that he won't allow anyone to see. That is real obstruction. That was just the beginning. And then like in the middle of the night, this motherfucker just randomly putting on true social election interference. Don't let it happen. Okay, Then like a couple of minutes later, they're also going after me as retribution for the Republicans in Congress going after them or the difference is they have crimes I don't. Then he goes on and says the Marxist and fascists and the DOJ and FBI are going after me at a level never and it just it goes on and on and on and on, talking about exonerating Mike, and then he goes back on election interference. So yeah, I think I think we might be hearing about an indictment.
Speaker 2: First of all, I'm mesmerized by your impression just like not impressed. Well, yeah, I'm mesmerized because it was just like notched differently than your real voice, Gott And I am curious, what's he what's it like to play poker with Trump? Because as soon as he, you know, finds out some information to tell immediately, like his instinct is just how does it right?
Speaker 1: And when he gets like good cards, I feel like he's probably like really like saying, this is the best hand of all time, you got one pair? My man, just always bluffing, always going all in and then like threatening to sue the pot. But that is a good that's a good. He's actually a good metaphor because like Barcela, it's like it's like he does he he'll bluff the ship on anything. But he also doesn't know poker.
Speaker 2: Not at all, Like the fuck is this? It's very chaotic, I mean that's I think. That's what I think. That's where it's scared everybody. Right when he was president and it was like anything set him off and you weren't sure how far he would take it, you know, And now we've seen how far he can take it, which is all the way to truth's social But yeah, it's just weird. He's weird.
Speaker 1: He's just yeah, I mean, he's gonna be our next president.
Speaker 2: Maybe so excited.
Speaker 1: I mean, like he's gonna, look, there's this. If this looks like the momentum we're seeing, okay, that's another indictment for him. But it's just like it's wild though too. You can see why he might be fucking tripping, like he's looking, you know, over his shoulder constantly, just thinking like it's at any time now, because like all the recent reports on the mar A Lago thing gets shadier and shadier, like at the end of the week, they're like Trump is on fucking wax talking about how he stole these fucking documents and how he basically isn't like it's implied that he knows that he can't have them or he shouldn't share the information with anyone. And then there's another report in CNN yesterday saying that someone at mar A Lago flood like drained the pool, so it flooded the it room where the servers are for the surveillance footage, and they're like, what the fuck is going on? But apparently the server room, like the footage wasn't damaged or anything. Like that, And who knows, like how much of this is total hyperbolic bullshit coming from this report. I mean, we'll know if it's in the indictment where they think that that is potentially an obstruction charge. But it definitely it's not far fetch to think Trump actually believed that he could just get some pool on the fucking video footage and then that would like make his like troubles go.
Speaker 2: Trump is like living in a Steven Seagal movie. He is just the president of a Steven Sagall movie who's just up to no good. Is very it's very cartoonish.
Speaker 1: He is a cartoon Yeah, he does love Van Dam movies. That was always thing apparently was that he would have Van Dam movies on his private plans, but he would have everything edited out except the fight, so he didn't get all the plot context. But no, yeah, he probably averages a Watergate level cover up like one a day. Maybe, like he's just like shedding fucking watergates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like just fucking.
Speaker 1: It is. It's like he's just taking it to a new level. Got oh specifically like blood Sport that you have blood Sport two. Yeah, seems like a cool, normal guy, but the Republicans are in such a weird place, like that Mike Pence, the fact that Mike Pence filed paperwork to run for president, and like CNN is treating it like this is a real campaign. Yeah, one recent poul found Pence held just four percent popularity with Republicans compared to Trump's fifty three percent. Like he is so wildly unpopular everybody nobody likes him. And it's not like he's got some fastball that he hasn't shown to the world, like we've seen Mike Tenson so like every type of context, and like when he is in a conflict, he closes his eyes and tries to pretend he's not there, like that's what we saw from him. He's just he is not built for the new role of like person in conflict who everyone hates and like has to punch his way out of a corner like he Some would say he is maybe the worst possible person for that scenario. He is like a smooth corporate product who has to be in like a cool dark back room to function properly. And this is but he did ride a motorcycle to like one of his campaign announcements, So yeah, this back maybe.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like the Republicans are in disarray right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look at him on a motorcycle. He looks like a cop. I mean like, I mean, that's I think undeniable, but like you know, like that's what he's going for for sure. But he's got like he's like, yeah, I'm with the rolling Thunders. Okay, the rolling Thunders.
Speaker 2: He wishes he was in one of those, one of those like the Clampers, do you guys, You guys know all the motorcycle gangs like the Clampers, and there's others, especially here in California. But he looks like he wishes he could have been right right right, but they would never ask him no.
Speaker 1: And also he wouldn't be able to like he would last five minutes in a Clampers or like a butt biker bar or a thing. Even if he had like a patch on his vest, they'd be like, you're not a patch in fucking biker the fuck out of here. You still got the tags on it. Still, he looks like.
Speaker 2: He thinks he's a good cop in that Republicans. He thinks Republicans would like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Country, everyone's saying, like, what is your brand? Exactly that you're running on. Because Tim Scott, who is the black Senator for South Carolina, he's trying to do like the vague like what if I was just so vaguely an old school conservative that shit isn't gonna do numbers, right.
Speaker 3: No, DeSantis is trying to do the Trump thing. But he's so wacky that they're like, I don't know. This guy's also fucking just a terrible personality in general, and hence this thing is like I'm a Republican from nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna go all in on Tim Scott. I think that's what they're eventually gonna do, because I think the Republican Party is going to come together the way the Democratic Party did when Bernie was.
Speaker 2: Throwned, well, and also the way the Republican Party got came back together when they realized Trump was gonna have to be the one. I mean, they at some point, and I God bless them for sticking together, because I know Democrats have a harder time with that. Republicans are like, all right, we're gonna go with this rapist and they're like, all right, we're all all hands on deck. One just one piece of shit and they're they're fine, So I just I don't I don't know who they're gonna pick. So I'm I'm fascinated that you're saying Tim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think because Dysanta. I think they wanted Dasantis until they saw DeSantis and then they're I mean.
Speaker 2: He's just doing too much.
Speaker 1: Can't he can't even like a a like stop in at a diner. Yeah, it freaks out. Yeah, just like wiping his snot on people and ship, like the cameras aren't like, Bro, you don't even know how to fucking behave, like like.
Speaker 2: A strategy sucks. He's like a sorority king. He's like the king, I mean a sorority of his fraternity. Well maybe that's not that's not at all. Maybe that's accurate, but he's like a fraternity king like he was. He's the man and with his crew. Like after outside of the house, people were like, who the fuck are you?
Speaker 1: You don't know me? Yeah, They're like, no, bro, you in the fucking way, Yeah, get my food? Yeah, okay, I'm Ron. Just shut the fuck up. The vamp. Whatever you said your name was out of your Rob just Rob somebody like some ship poster pitched h where like Trump needs to start calling him rob like three years ago and Trump has started calling him rap.
Speaker 2: So it was I mean strategy, that's that's what you call strategy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, smart, just an intentional you know, fucking up somebody's name. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's the one thing is that no, it's who knows where the fuck it's gonna go. Because there's a scenario too where Trump might have so many like legal issues that it it does affect his ability to campaign, Like he could still run, but it might affect his ability to campaign. And then you know, then you have like Chris Christie apparently Glenn Younkin from Virginia. They're talking about running. There's a lot of people right now. That's the thing. There's a lot of people who are about to jump into the race. And I think this is the problem. That's how Trump won last time. Exactly, no one could settle, no one could settle on someone that wasn't Trump.
Speaker 1: And basically he's just been like, look at all these fucking herbs out here, and they're like, is it Rubio or blah blah blah. And then next thing, you know, he started taking up all the oxygen ran away with it, because if you can't get enough people in those primaries to like coalesce around somebody, it's it's gonna be a hard time.
Speaker 2: Confidence is key with the Republican Party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for real, for real, and there I'm sure they'll have the cooperation of like the mainstream media just getting behind whoever they decide has the best chance that it not being Trump. But I think there's a real like there's a there's a realization of the Republican Party like we got to do something.
Speaker 2: I think at this point, I don't know if they've gotten that to that point. I think they're right in front of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. I feel if anything, it's gonna be the donors that get them to do it. They're like, but we're my money pile. They're like, your money, I'm about to give it to the Democrats because they're gonna win, and guess what, they will probably hook us up with some tax cuts, sure you know the failed yet Yeah, they're like, you know what, we can just give our money to them because at least they know what the fuck they're doing and they can kind of, you know, bring in more austerity measures and increase you know, benefits for the wealthy. That's where I has to go. But it seems like that could be the one thing that would sway people. It's just for the donor class all takes their money or they'll just you know, get excited when Trump wins a bunch of primaries with impressive numbers and just fall in line and will be fucked.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm hoping for the opposite. I hope it falls apart unlike twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, oh me too.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the thing, the reality is that's what we assumed was going to happen in twenty sixteen. I think that's why we're all a little stressed out right now because we're like, well, we know how this can actually go. Yeah, because I definitely think, you know whatever twenty fifteen twenty fourteen were like that's not happening and that's not possible, and it was like, oh no, it totally is right.
Speaker 1: It's just yeah, it's all about the vote, like he has the votes, he has like the people and everything else is just like machinations of like trying to find ways around that.
Speaker 3: But well, yeah, because if you look like right, if you think that the GOP voters like in a primary, that like at least thirty five percent of the like in a primary goes to Trump. Yeah, if that's split up between sixteen other fucking clowns trying to run for it, then it'll be much easier for him to emerge.
Speaker 1: That's why, like people are like, maybe Chris Christy do something again unless this guy is gonna like has like you know, Bill Hicks writing material from the grave to come after Trump being doing shit, What the fuck do they think is going to have What do they think Chris Christy? Yeah, that that seems to be a big strategy where they're like, Chris Christie's gonna come in and just destroy this guy. Was like Chris CHRISTI is embarrassing even when he's not trying to like get into a public feud with somebody who is built for public feuds. Like he is an embarrassing, unsmooth, like uncool person when he's trying to just be cool, like just do like get people to like him.
Speaker 2: He sucks.
Speaker 1: Why is this going to Why is he suddenly the magic bullet that's going to you know, take Trump's campaign now, I don't know, we'll see it's like it's I guess say they're just comfortable with him that they like what it takes. Yeah, but we saw what he did. He he literally folded up like the second shit gottems like actually love Trump, even though I said all that other stuff, I'm in love with him.
Speaker 2: I just always picture him relaxing on the beach when one was allowed to be there. That's that's how I picture him, you know, when down.
Speaker 1: The highways the beaches and yeah you can have all the sand. Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about more important things, like the true meaning of the song.
Speaker 2: It wasn't me, It wasn't me.
Speaker 1: We're back, Hey, we are. Look at that.
Speaker 2: That's why you love to have me.
Speaker 1: Bring us back, bring us back, Marcella, thank you, Thank you so much. Shaggy everyone, I mean, I know y'all know it was everybody knows it wasn't me, Shaggy, Rick Rock. Everyone knew that song from the summer two thousand, did not know the other person's name. So even those Rick Rock, I don't think you had anything after that. Yeah, So if you ask someone, I'll ask y'all, what did you think the song was? About it cheating.
Speaker 2: And endorsing. It's a conversation about cheating and.
Speaker 1: Gas lighting because you're talking about like, just say it wasn't me. It's like, but bruh, she literally literally caught me red handed banging on the bathroom floor. It wasn't me. It wasn't me. Oh okay, So that's what we all thought, were like, Okay, it's a cheaters anthem. No. Shaggie just had an interview with People magazine for god knows why, but in it he reveals that the song is not about cheating. It's actually an anti cheating anthem. Uh, because people are talking about, oh, you know, like you've you've had a really long I think they're bringing up his marriage and how you been. But like one of the songs that you're really known for is it wasn't mean he goes. You know, it's a big misconception.
Speaker 2: This is a quote.
Speaker 1: It was a big misconception with that song because that song is not a cheating song. It's an anti cheating song. It's just that nobody listen to the record to the end. There's a part in the record where it's a conversation between two people and you have one guy which is me at that point, giving that bad advice, Like, yo, bro, how could you get caught? Just tell her it wasn't me. And then at the end, the guy says, I'm gonna tell her that I'm sorry for the pain that I've caused. Do do do? I've been listening to your reason It makes no sense, sad all anyway, going to tell her that I'm sorry for the pain that I've caused. You might think you're a player, but you're completely lost. And he's saying, I remember that. But he's saying that is apparently that was the operative section of the song. It wasn't the most memorable fucking part, which was everyone what it wasn't me? Yeah, no, like I remember that part. It certainly doesn't seem like that changes the meaning of the thing. Yeah, I always assumed that like that was the studio or like, I don't know, the Catholic church, like whoever the fuck? Like that was like based on a note because yeah, there's this random conversation that happens up top where he's like, hey man, I got caught cheating, and he's like, oh, well, I have some advice for you. And then the song, like the song just succeeded in spite of this weird like that they put around it. Yeah, and Shaggy is playing a character. Do not confuse him with his characters. Oh see, what was that phone.
Speaker 2: Trying to get me? But the I mean he's he's basically talking about semantics at this point because it is a song about cheating, but it's a conversation about cheating. Because I remember even when I listened to that song, I was like, oh, they're having a back and forth, like this is just two guys being guys. But I mean he cheats in the song. There's no yeah, there's like, there's no way you can't say it's about cheating, because he literally admits to cheating as his girl already caught him, and now they're trying to resolve the situation. And like, first a friend gives bad advice, which men notoriously do they give each other bad advice, and then comes back to like, no, man, I'm gonna pologize, but also it's about cheating, Like you can apologize all you want, doesn't mean she's gonna take you back. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, the guy who is the voice of reason in this song has been caught cheating, like seventeen times while repeatedly like having sex with somebody like on the like, yeah, I forget all the counter It was me. She saw me banging on the sofa. It wasn't this guy who is like our hero, who's like, I'm just going to apologize, is world's biggest like fuck boy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why don't we ask that guy what he thinks the song is about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rock, let me look at where's Rick Rock now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Instead of Shaggy who's supposedly been loyal to his wife, you know and has a you know, reputation to uphold with his wife. Let's be real here, shag Wow.
Speaker 1: Rick Rockett Man, he realized this song was twenty three years ago. I'm like, he's fifty now, Yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 2: Time for you.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Rick Rock, we heard you. But that intro now, tro sounds like it was written based on notes from Shaggy's wife, from this pastor or something, you know, Like it's like, well, gotta send a good message to the kids. It's like an eighties, like very special episode of TV.
Speaker 2: I just like that. We were in middle school dancing to that ship hanging on the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Oh that was my favorite bang it was when he got hanging on the bathroom. Yeah, how good. But the opening was yo, open up, man.
Speaker 2: He's like, what do you want?
Speaker 1: Man? My girl just got me.
Speaker 2: I don't know how the impressions today.
Speaker 1: With the girl next door, you know. Man, he goes say, it wasn't you? All right?
Speaker 2: All right, yeah that is a good idea. All right, honey, came you got me? Red hand.
Speaker 1: I remember there was a girl I had a crush on who was like very you know, like it just I wouldn't have thought that she would would like the song. And she told me she liked the song, and I was like, oh that's hmm, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Which so I want to hear judgment. What did you? What did you? What was your judgment? You know?
Speaker 1: Really she's she's like down for like an open relationship.
Speaker 2: This is why he's trying to clarify. No, no, no, that's not Oh let me let Miles do his voice.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking, like you want a dating app or something like relationship style, just but it wasn't me. It wasn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, the song is really stupid because this dude is like he's mentally ill because he's just like I forgot that I gave her a key and she saw me fucking her on the kitchen counter.
Speaker 1: It's like, and then did not stop. So I want to know was it all one thing where she just kept like he it was all like five different places.
Speaker 2: He says in the song. She she stayed until the end, so she watched everything happen. So I do believe that he jumped around the house and she was like, you know, kept hiding behind painting or some shit.
Speaker 1: And she was like, you know, she's like painting with moving eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, she had sucking a fucking lamp shade over her head, just like.
Speaker 1: Because she was just because So maybe it's like a kink that they.
Speaker 2: Had as a couple.
Speaker 1: You know, we don't know, because like he's talking about getting freaky. He's like, yo, I had her on the counter, had her in the shower. I was this, She was on camera. She saw the marks on my shoulder. The screams got louder.
Speaker 2: Shaggy thought he was going to clarify and and you know, you know, make us understand the song. It has only left us with more questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, it sounds like you're into humiliating your partner. Ye by she.
Speaker 2: Forgot she gave her a key. Yeah right, No man forgets that.
Speaker 1: Oh hell no.
Speaker 2: That's also how you know that he was fucking bullshitting her and lying to her and promising her things that he couldn't deliver.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See real shaggy get it together man. Yeah, so you're not You're not. You're not getting this with this one. No, I believe this is a cheating anthem. And I think this was. I don't know what happened between you and your wife that you're like saying this now, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the nineties and two thousands had some banger cheating songs.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, oh what numbers in your pocket? I remember when you used to throw those things away? Man, that ship one twelve over?
Speaker 2: Now I know that you're somebody e soon. Yeah, feel I mean there's a lot of cheating ass songs. And then remember with little kids like yeah, grew up to.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I fuck with Drew Hill, Yeah creep. All of these just cheating anthems that we're fine with.
Speaker 2: You know, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Man. I hate when I forget to throw all the numbers that I have in my pocket out because you know, I'm just like just weighted down with so many numbers. Yeah, I don't intend to do anything, but they're just they're there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I remember when you used to throw those things away, Jack, right, just like you got it. I was waiting for the recycling because the amount of numbers that I get is taking out forests. So oh man, but yeah, this is I just I think this is the question though that leads him to that answer and this People magazine and he goes despite being so closely associated.
Speaker 2: With it wasn't me.
Speaker 1: You've been married to Rebecca Packer for almost ten years and share three daughters. Shagi also has two sons from a previous relationship.
Speaker 2: That's a parenthetical.
Speaker 1: Do you ever find that because of that song, people assume you might still be a player even though you're in a loving relationship. And that's and he's like, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Uh no, he's he's cheap.
Speaker 1: All right. Let's talk about a new feature iPhone. I mean, Marcella, did you did you see the like goggles?
Speaker 2: What'd you think? They're stupid as fuck? People get a life, go outside, for the love of God.
Speaker 1: But I can have it looked like outside in my gobbles?
Speaker 2: Bro, did you see they're like they're basically trying to read your emotional reactions to shit, and like they're I mean they are coming for us, okay, if you.
Speaker 1: Are truly that is what that was. My takeaway is like we are fucked. Yeah, this like people are.
Speaker 2: Going to use the shit voluntarily handing over they're in front. Like again, I'm protective of my cell phone numbers so I don't get spam calls. Like I cannot even fallom the concept of putting on something that's going to read my fucking eyes and my brain and my emotions and my body temperature and all that shit. It's like, what that's crazy.
Speaker 1: The thing that was like making a like a three D avatar for you on FaceTime because when you have those goggles on, like you clearly kind of a front facing camera that it like maps your face and then like using all this other shit to like emote.
Speaker 2: On your behalf. I'm like this, it's getting trick so weird.
Speaker 3: I get the part of like getting super high and like watching a movie like in like three thousand yeah, and being able to like move it forward and back like that ship. Other than that, I'm prior to the video, I was like no, we're's gonna use this shit.
Speaker 1: This is stupid. And then once I saw the video, I was like, Oh, everybody's going and it's so bad for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so much. I just cannot believe that we're here in technology and they still haven't done research on a women's menstruations and women's bodies and women's organs and shit, and like there's bitches that don't even know they got into metriosis because there's just no money in the research because they refuse to do.
Speaker 1: It, and wods and shit like that.
Speaker 2: Yet, Oh my god, but we have this fucking stupid four thousand dollars VR machine so that virgins can feel like they have a fucking bitch in their life. Sucking users get a life.
Speaker 1: Did you see the moment when they unveiled the price and everybody like that, They're like.
Speaker 2: No, Honestly, if I heard it was five hundred, Oh yeah, I actually heard it as in like they're they're like, oh, I have to save extra, Like that's how I heard that gas Because at first I was like, oh, people are gonna pissed, and then you hear the gas, You're like, no, this actually sounds like they're like oh I just won't go to Hawaii this week here or something.
Speaker 1: Right right, right right exactly. Well, a lesser noticed feature that was unveiled yesterday from Apple is that they are iOS seventeen Auto Correct will finally let people say fuck. It will be powered by AI and be better able to predict words and phrases that the iPhone user repeats, and this includes swear fus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I did do the thing where I added it, Like I did do all that manual shit, Like I had someone like a name in my address book, so it thought I would just be talking.
Speaker 1: About someone in my address book. And then I think you could then do like more deliberate versions.
Speaker 2: Well you, if you capitalize a word, it saves it automatically, and so like all my every time I say shit, it's capital s, which is.
Speaker 1: Really funny formal shit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and fuck was annoying because I always used to accidentally hit the like I think X is right next to it, next to the C right, so like it in my phone that way for a long time and I was like, this is really annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is gonna make all of that much easier. Mine has always made me go fucking deducting, change it back, and sometimes it'll change it again one time another time, and you have to like be like, no, this is what I meant. Yeah right, which probably led to some confusing messages over the years.
Speaker 2: But also it led to diffusing a situation because when you're pissed and you you said you fucking bitch, and then it's spelling it wrong, You're you're just like, let me get let me go recr oh god, and then you just you've diffused your own brain. They've helped you, so you know, maybe it was good.
Speaker 1: But so this is going to like happen across where it's going to be putting in words and phrases that the iPhone user repeats, including swear words. So it does feel like it could go in the opposite direction.
Speaker 2: Sure, no, it can go in any direction. Now thust buildings are endless? Yeah, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Man? Fuck? Just any more fuck in my phone book so I can get it.
Speaker 2: She just had a baby, leave alone.
Speaker 1: I need more fuck, I need more fuck, I need more fuck in my life. It wasn't me, I swear it wasn't me. No, I guess, so autocorrect was kind of overpowering in the first place, because when they first introduced it, like the only thing anybody had ever like typed with their thumbs on was BlackBerry and you couldn't like feel the keys.
Speaker 2: So people were really shitty at it.
Speaker 1: So they it had to be like more aggressive than you know, you might have thought with the iPhone, and so they seems like they're finally like we we're up to the task with I hate that like shook boy mentality of Apple. We don't want people to errently be typing fuck like I bought a fucking eight money, fucking thousand dollars square from you, I should be able to type fuck, don't worry about me. Yeah right, that's my right.
Speaker 2: I also just like that there's like this concept of like what would your mother think? Why would you say that to her?
Speaker 1: And it's like, my mother, she don't give a fuck, She don't give a duck. Don't give they yeah, they like in their announcement they were like, so we came across this problem that you're bringing up here of swearing. Let me tell you about it from the other angle. Picture yourself. You're on vacation, You've rented a house by the lake, and you want to tell grandma about it. You want to tell her about the beautiful ducks on the pond. You don't want the software to come in and replace that word and have the message take a whole other direction. It's like that is so specific, Like, yeah, just be more careful when you're texting your grandmother.
Speaker 2: You also call your grandmother, you fucking asshole.
Speaker 1: She doesn't want to text, Yeah, she.
Speaker 2: Does not want to text. I'm sorry call her. Yeah, fucking dorks. What happens when you have these fucking pious dorks make a decisions of everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the future is going to look?
Speaker 2: Bringing Rihanna? And then you get some real, actual interesting feedback in features. Yeah for real?
Speaker 1: Well, Marcella as always truly a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Over it's over, wow, over now you believe it? I can't. It's usually fucking an hour and a half of too much news. You're just going on and on about some ship I don't have a ship about.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, let me play all this reaction though, for the price that because if you haven't heard it, it's really good because it kind of lets you know that even the people who are like apple brained are like, I don't know about all this ship. Apple Vision pro starts early next year on Apple dot com and an Apple retail stores.
Speaker 2: In the US. I'm telling you, I think they're into it. I think you're miss hearing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, They're like, humiliate this one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna be the hottest guy in town with this.
Speaker 1: I mean I already I can already tell when people like you're gonna see videos with people getting their ships straight to just they're gonna get.
Speaker 2: Joxed on the street with absolutely. I don't give it.
Speaker 1: I feel like nobody's gonna wear that outside, right.
Speaker 2: You know, come on, yeah, come on you.
Speaker 1: I saw people wearing Google glass when that shit came out, and I was also they're wearing.
Speaker 2: Those dumb red boots around town. You think they're not gonna put this ship on?
Speaker 1: Yeah for real? At least this does some ship rather than give you like ankle pain. Oh well, Marcella, is such a pleasure having you as it was. Actually, to be honest with you, it was and always kidding it wasn't. Where can people find you? Follow you all that?
Speaker 2: You can follow me at Marcella Coomedy dot com on Marcella Comedy on also, and you can just catch me live this summer. I'm coming to Norfolk, Nebraska, New York City, Chicago, Denver, women. Chris Wendesday is actually coming to the Ford in Los Angeles. Let's right in the theater in my hometown of Mesto, California.
Speaker 1: Hell Yeawtown Homecoming? You love.
Speaker 2: Called Meth Desto? Wait?
Speaker 1: I love saying homecoming or Miles love saying.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't matter, Judd.
Speaker 1: Okay, Modesta more like Meth.
Speaker 2: Death Star, I mean Midesta. We're George Lucas. We're born and raised with George Lucas. So every time you guys put me on hold to talk about Star Wars, you're disrespecting not just me, my hometown.
Speaker 1: That's me.
Speaker 2: That's on me. That's on me.
Speaker 1: Is there a work of media, Marcela that you've been enjoying? Well?
Speaker 2: Problem. So I got to see it literally a few days ago, and it was amazing. I want everyone to see it. It's very, very fucking cool. But I will say I have been keeping up with this cop city ship in Atlanta, and I don't know if you guys have talked about it, but there was this incredible speech that was made and I can obviously send you the guys a link if you want. But this gentleman, you know, because they were, you know, everyone was speaking, and he had this brilliant, brilliant speech, and this particular tweet came across my timeline. It was like, I do not believe I'm standing here cleaning with you not to spend the tax dollars of a black city to tear down a forest in a black neighborhood, to increase the policing and caging of more black people, all this in a city with black leadership. It breaks my heart. He had such a great speech. I strongly recommend if you're not following what's going on there, please do. They just approved the funding, but the but the protesters and the people the activists are just trying to remind people that's just the funding has been approved. It hasn't been built yet. So let's like, you know, keep the strength and keep the momentum, and we need to support these people. So I know, I usually share something funny, but this is like major because it has major implications for the entire United States. And you know, you know, my family's from mol Salvador, so I know how serious it can be. When the police and the government, uh, you know, really go against their people and it had it can devastate generations. So please keep up with what's going on. This is our country and we got to stay on top of it.
Speaker 1: And that's what's freaky too, is like, you know, for all the talk of like, well this shouldn't be protesting or you know, trying to do shit at cop City, they go in numbers, yeah, to speak at this fucking meeting. And to your point, it's like and if shame on all these fucking black council members. Yeah, like because you look, there was like eleven to four of that vote and you were like, how the fuck, Like so all of y'all.
Speaker 2: Are just a bunch of fucking clowns. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. And and also like that raid they did on the group that was helping pay for bomb bail and stuff for people that are protesting, Like, there's a very calculated effort to destroy this movement, but I think it's only going to just further, Like and everything that's happening is kind of radicalize people into life, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's why I go when you go back to talking about who's running in twenty twenty four, because I'm fascinated with everything that's unfolding every day literally right now across the country and what's actually going to happen in twenty twenty four. Because what they're saying is true, the prediction of the young people coming in out numbers. I don't I don't know, I don't know what to think, I don't know what to believe. And it's it's very I have a very uneasy feeling. But I also you have to remain hopeful to fucking continue, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And I think I think the biggest thing that is heartening, at the very least or the amount of you know, Atlantans that showed up just to speak to Yeah ats shut out the Italians really they like tried to really to speak up for their community and then just watch the people that supposedly represent them not fucking hear what they have to say. Like that's and you're like, this is fuck, this is rap, this is fucking it's all performative. Miles, Where can people find you? Is their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, find me at Miles of Gray, Twitter, Instagram, and like, uh, find Jack and on our basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad Boosties.
Speaker 1: Find Sophia, Alexandra and I.
Speaker 7: On our you Know ninety day Fiance trash talking show for twenty day Fiance tweet I like is from Daniel M Lavery, which is because in la we hear David Lynch's voice all the time doing the weather.
Speaker 1: So he said, quote quote, I don't think David Lynch could have the kind of could have had the kind of career he's had without a full head of hair. That's not to lay all the credit for his work on it, but his fundamental relationship to the world is an old man with young hair. He looks with the sunglasses on. You're like this guy's hippie shits. He's almost eighty. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore. Nobody asked, Oh that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Hey Jack, Where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you so much for asking. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore. Obrian a tweet I've been enjoying. Mike Scollins tweeted a picture of Mike Pence on his on his motorcycle. I guess it's not a Harley and said, don't tell mother, but I have joined the Heck's Angels. Is does his patch say rolling Thunders or is it Rolling Thunder with a like trademark sign. I can't I've been Oh yeah, maybe it is a registered trademark. That's even stupid, so like, why would you even put that on the patch? I don't want to get sued. It's the Rolling Thunders welcome.
Speaker 2: Wait speaking of that, Sorry I hit you interrupt, but I know I do. I love to interrupt. But during the NBA Finals, I just love that what one team is wearing WU wear but it's just Western Union, and then the other team is wearing what is it? You UKG And I'm like, Wow, the hip hop off brands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Underground Kings. Yeah, gotta get the woo wear. Gotta get the woo wear war all right. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram, we have Facebook fan page and website daily zeit guys dot com where we post our episodes and our foot Nope, no, we link off the information that we talked about in today's episode as well as a song and we think you might enjoy Miles, what is the song?
Speaker 2: Do you think we might enjoy?
Speaker 1: Uh? I came across this artist called Portraits of Tracy, which I was interested in because that's like a famous Jacko Pistorius kind of piece. But then it's like this self taught producer, eighteen year old producer who is putting all kinds of like their work on YouTube, and this one is like kind of a work of the Party by the Weekend, but in its like very own cool way. It's just like it's cool to see like these DIY artists come out.
Speaker 2: Tumblr ass explanation for that's Jesus Christ. Bro, you are welcome of your generation. You are of the generation.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm thirty eight, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Age we are. I followed you on Tumblr, I'm sure years ago. That's what I'm trying.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you definitely did. You definitely did when I when I said Belly the movie by Hype Williams explains everything in our society. But yeah, this is the party by Portraits of Tracy, Overrated the Matrix, underrated Belly Belly As a singular explanation, look at this show.
Speaker 2: I would have a spicy take for Asian to say too, I'm blazy. I'm not Asian, I know, but that's what I'm saying. It's like that's a spicy take for an Asian to say that. What is what's to say that the joke, his joke that he just made that the Matrix was overrated.
Speaker 1: Oh because I didn't follow that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't listen to Jack. I don't. I can tell you don't respect him.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it happens. I mean, look for saying that. That was just all exposed right now for the world to see with maybe the reason why we're not recording Fridays.
Speaker 2: Fucking Lewis c k over here. Just I was like, motherfucker this loved one.
Speaker 1: Come on, brouh Well, this conversation will continue, but the Daily zeitgeisaid well by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio at Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what's trending, and we'll talk to you all day.
Speaker 2: Well, right,