Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star Infrasco.
Speaker 2: And now your host Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: Eighty four days until the NFL Draft, another edition of the Draft Show. Zach Wilchuck alongside Vach Lombardi and our godfather, the Super Bowl winning scout Brian brought us as we hang out the rest of our crew doing excellent work there in Mobile, Alabama for the Senior Bowl. Oh yes, we've got the East West Shrine Bowl that's going to be tonight. Watch you and I got the pleasure of going out there and watching practice firsthand. And then the Senior Bowl. We've been able from Afar. Guys are doing an excellent job. Kyle Nick, Tommy Boots on the ground there just absolutely crushing it. Bobby Belts actually driving back early from a family vacation in today to work the East West Shrine bol tonight with the NFL Network. So we got our Draft show tentacles all over this thing.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be a fun show.
Speaker 3: We'll do of course, Twitter on the twenty coming up on the other side, and then how about we do a little mock draft simulation. I want to do a three rounder we can debate if we're the Cowboys our own little draft show war room. How would we want to go about these three rounds?
Speaker 5: I mean, this show is going to be three hours if we're going to be That's.
Speaker 2: What I was about to say. You don't realize what you just dug yourself into. Well, see, because he and I, he and I, he and I do a show. Last night. We talked about a player, I think for thirty minutes last night. Okay, well you to you know, concise our thoughts a little bit. That's hard to do with this, you know. And I'll try and keep it moving.
Speaker 3: I'll try and like actually be a host today and attempt to be like, Okay, I need you to make a damn decision.
Speaker 2: You got two minutes on the clock. Here here you go, all right, whose name are we put? You could do that?
Speaker 3: What's going on with the good shape? Yeah, I'll do this. Appreciation, I got you, buddy, no problem. Watch all right, let's get let's preview some Shrine Bowl in Senior Bowl stuff. Obviously, Cowboys now have a new head coach and Brian Schottenheimer, and congratulations to Will McLay getting that contract extension done. I mean, I've often said I believe Will McClay the scouts here backbone of the success that the Cowboys have had, being able to win twelve games over three years, being able to compete for division titles the seasons of twenty fourteen, sixteen, Will McClay has done an excellent job. Excited to get him in the fold. And now you're starting to get more of the staff figured out, might get a feel for what do these coaches want? What are these coaches like? So as you're kind of keeping a night now with all of that information, the Shrine Bowl, the Senior Bowl. Who are some of the skies that have caught your eye that you're looking forward to see in the game.
Speaker 6: Well, Zach, we need them. We need them because you know, when you listen to the Jones is there. I don't think they're going to pay a whole bunch of money, you know, So it would be great for Will and all those guys to get back to our first round winning ways. If we're gonna lean on draft picks, we kind of got to hit on those picks. But what made Will, and you know Will's run, specially when we hit on those fives and sixes, when we just we're not even anticipating this guy being a guy like we get Jake Ferguson in the fourth or Bland in the fifth, sixth, fifth round.
Speaker 4: Eighty three, Anthony Brown in the sixth round back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 6: Sneaky wins like that. So and you know, uh, Kyle Will chuck it down. I want to call you k We was doing.
Speaker 5: We was doing.
Speaker 6: We was doing the Shrine Bowl, right, And the Shrine is different from Senior Bowl when we just breaking down players and we're just going down to big boys there. The Senior bowls a lot of top one hundred guys, there's some Top one ten guys, but the Shrine Bowl is mostly Day three guys. Yes, right, So I would love it if the Cowboys really put eyes on that bowl game and really try to hit on those And you know, Zach, we watched a bunch of great guys out there.
Speaker 3: We did, I mean, we really really really got a look at some of the guys smaller schools like Nick Nashural, San Jose State. I talked a lot on our show, like my gosh, that dude seemed like he was winning every single rep that he took. The wide receiver who was a triple Crown winner, and there were some good size as well that we saw from that receiver group. KeAndre Lambert Smith out of Auburn was another guy that stood out. But I think the dude that we were that we quickly fell in love with. And I know Cowboy fans are looking at, Okay, how can we improve this offensive? And I'd say is a consensus the three of us probably are looking at the center group this year not strong like last year. We had an abundance of centers. We were talking about a lot of good options. Cowboys end up taking my guy, Cooper Beebe, who was a guard, but they kicked over to center. There was a player that I think really was turning heads. Milbury's on Thomas Perry, who is a Duke many Weather special D three school played guard, going to kick into center and he's going against some massive defensive tackles Nazer Stackhouse out of George or Tronka Hemingway, South Carolina, and this dude is holding his own. Thomas Perry's kind of a name to be watching here from the East West Shrine Bowl.
Speaker 6: Now it's center and Zach, that's what is really all about, because I didn't even know Middleberry was a school either. And then we just see this guy and he's coming in. Oh, we got the Georgia kids stackhouse over at three hundred and fifty pounds, and we just see Thomas the Tank is what they call him on the internet. Now we see him quick sitting and punching the hell out of people and moving his feet and I go, hey, what's that helmet? I don't know what that is. We'll go down our sheet and okay, Middlebury. So now I got to sell my soul to find some Middlebury film. But that was a great find by us or from Syracuse. Right there was about six or seven Sarahcuse guys there, and our tight end or Ron day Gasson junior. We just see the athleticism on him, you know, jumping over guys, making plays to tapping in the back of the end zone. I ended up being a big fan of his, and now I'm like, hey, what.
Speaker 5: We got to do to get that? Do it on our team?
Speaker 6: And something that I liked about practice is that he wasn't just superstar tight end out there. He was doing some team stuff, right, so we're doing punt return, punt gun and stuff, because that's really what a Day three player is. You're not just going to be a Day three tight end and just be a tight end. You might have to go tackle in cover a little bit, you know. So I was really impressed walk away from that.
Speaker 2: What was the thing with the center though, you know you talked about his ability to go against the big competition and handle the guys, It is the deficiency. The only thing of where he played is that the knock on him or we're gonna, like you say, you're gonna have to sell our soul to get filmed and kind of figure that all out. Obviously he did good enough to get an invite to the Bowl game, but if you had this, say okay, this just could hold him back. Is it just the school or is there some ability or lack of that this guy has that you guys.
Speaker 5: Saw no disrespect to anybody.
Speaker 6: But if he was at a bigger school, you have some of the best coaches in the world, some you know, the best way room in the world.
Speaker 2: I describing to get that T shirt may what good? What you always say about coaching.
Speaker 5: What the hell is coaching for?
Speaker 6: Right, So so it may be technique based things with him. Right, Like I said earlier, we saw a bunch of quick says, quick says, but sometimes some of his quick says.
Speaker 5: He was, you know, he was a little leaning with it. But he's with Duke Mannyweather.
Speaker 6: Right, no help, So Duke just put a little bit of dust on him and he'll be he'll be just finding about a week or so. But I was just impressed by I don't know what that helmet is. Everybody knows George's helmet, right, And we walked away going, damn, look what he did to the Georgia kid and me walk just like, hey, look at this kid. And later on people are tagging us, hey, look at you know, look at this kid, Look at look at this guy. And now he's hex Bardette lifting seven hundred and twenty pounds, and Dame Brugler is coming out with the clip from the Anger that we didn't even right, look at what he's doing to the Georgia guys there. So he's done his part. He's built his profile or whatever. It's where we know who he is. But now we got to watch the actual Middlebury film and watch him beat up on some accountants.
Speaker 2: See, I always learned this real quick, you know. And Ron Wolf the general manager of the Hall of Fame General manager. When I worked for him, small school kids, we always felt like, you better walk on water. Do this kid have a chance walking on water? Or is he? Is he going to? Is it going to be? I mean, because I haven't seen a center yet. I mean I'm watching. I watched the USC kid, and you know, I just wasn't overly impressed by that. I haven't seen like you mentioned Monaham. I think is his name out there at USC. Yeah, I haven't seen last year at this time. I think I had probably three or four centers already in the book. Yeah, so you know, if you're hunting a center, you know, maybe I need this kid that can he walk on water? That's what you're gonna have to or is it going to be? It appears listening to you guys talk about him, it wasn't too much for him.
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, he seemed like he was there for the tak now six three three seventeen. You know, physically, maybe it was, Hey, is is he a little underside?
Speaker 2: They missed him?
Speaker 3: Did somebody miss I think they missed this middle by Yeah, yeah, they absolutely did, because he proved he can hold his own against vision to go all absolutely right, So they missed and any Academically, he was the first team Academic All American three nine six gpa molecular biology and biochemistry.
Speaker 4: Huge bleeping smart. So I don't have a.
Speaker 3: Doubt he can make the calls and the line of scrimmage. But that that's what's fun and what I love about these Bowl games is kind of being able to find here's a small school kid. Now you're up against like elite, upper level competition, how do you fare? Thomas Perry was a big time winner from our practices there at the Shrine Bowl.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he's going to be a combine guy or anything like that, but if he does go, then we'll get a better idea of how he's athletically. Athletically and all this, and some teams will just draft you if if you just move well and you just you know, snapstep and all this kind of stuff, if you just run these drills that they purposely put you in to look stiff, to see if you're stiff.
Speaker 5: If he's not stiff, moving guy. Then he'll just gain there.
Speaker 6: But it'll always come back to, hey, this is what he did in this bowl game or the bowl practices, and then the actual game is being played the night. If he goes out there and whoops up on some more people, because there's some fantastic tackles out there, you know, for him to whoop up on. If he whoops those guys, that we go all right, Yeah, Thomas the Tank. He got the nickname already.
Speaker 2: So he looked like he did not look out of place.
Speaker 4: No, he didn't. Okay, he was walking on the water out there at practice.
Speaker 5: I was walking on that water, Trian boul Waters.
Speaker 3: That bol is different different now the defensive tackles the two that really I think everybody every day was just raving about Jordan Phillips, the defensive tackle out of Maryland. A lot of Cowboy fans are now like, hey, forty four do you think Jordan Phillips would be in play? And then CJ. West, the defensive tackle out of Indiana. And one thing we know about Fluis is he he kind of wants a a three tech. But also you're looking at maybe a bigger body helps stop the run. Here at defensive tackles.
Speaker 4: CJ.
Speaker 3: West is certainly a guy that's going to provide a lot of size in the middle of that defense. Might be also a name that you could be looking at. I don't know, third round.
Speaker 4: CJ.
Speaker 2: West.
Speaker 3: Maybe he pops in the conversation there with Jordan Phillips. He was winning every single rep. I don't think I really saw him lose during the practice we were at.
Speaker 6: You know, I was just saying to Brian is that we have to watch so much more film on these guys because this is a class filled with good moving three hundred and thirty pound do Yeah, they're but you know, you know we're not in the trash can of dirt guys.
Speaker 5: You know, you know world, any.
Speaker 4: Bunch of dancing bears.
Speaker 6: These there's a bunch of dancing bears now. So you know, me and Me and Brown are just watching tackles. We kind of slowed down on them or whatever. But if we have to revisit tackles just to find all the good moving, fast guys, it's a couple of them, so we may have to get back, you know, get back in.
Speaker 2: You know, you speaking to the tackle just and and if you can switch it over from the East West to the Bowl. You're starting with, you know what, Sanders from South Carolina, Norman Lot from Tennessee, Nolan from Old miss These guys are all kind of showing up at these you know, at these uh uh at these uh these practices and stuff like that. So it looks like overall, it's looks like a group that might be pretty deep as it does.
Speaker 3: And I mean, I've been I loved what Kyle did with the inner with Mike Green. Everybody's now jumping on the micreen hive. He's dominating Senior Bowl. I think now we'll get to Twitter on the twenty. There's a lot of Migreen questions that are flooding. He's been dominating. Jalen Royles is looking really good. The wide receiver as well, Tes Johnson. I know you wanted to have a little Tedes Johnson conversation here. Wide receiver at Oregon A little bit smaller statue. Dude's an absolute blazer. Was the top target for Dylan Gabriel this year with the Ducks during their number one ranked campaign until they lost to Ohio State.
Speaker 2: He's not short, but he's slight. He's skinny. Yeah, that's I'm saying, I mean there's some guys on this, there's some guys out here that are small. Bond to me is small, slight, So that to me is a blind spot for me and five ten, one sixty for guest. Yeah, that's that's that's slight right there for the for the wait.
Speaker 6: Wise though, in the brand of football that you grew up with, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Know here we get in the old man football. Yeah, I didn't have a face mask and all that stuff.
Speaker 6: Again, this is what happened when he was in the league, right, Calvin Johnson was probably popular. Randy Marbins, Yeah, so what guys like that, So every single player had to be like them? Quarterbacks like that too. Oh we need the big size cart with the next This is new football man. We have one hundred and sixty pound receivers taking over the football game. Now, if this is one hundred and sixty pound role player, then fine, I can you know, we can bump him down the boards a little bit.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: But when we talk about that Tank Dale film, watching Tankdal watching Flowers when he was in Maryland, these are shorter, slighter dudes tearing it up. So when I watched tedz Bryant, I mean test Johnson from Oregon. Y'all could just watch a couple of games here, and Okay, he's fantastic UCLA Oregon State. That's a cool game. But when he's when he played Penn State in the championship game, one hundred and eighty five someid yards on on ten catches, that's a little slight dude taking the game over for you. And I can see how he translated to the league.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: Of course, if a big man tackles him, he's gonna fly teach him how to slide. But as but as far as being the yet due as far as being fast guy, latterly quick guy, I think he's a dude.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I have no doubts about that. What is it that scares you, Brian? Is it? Is it the injury risk? Is it's the build.
Speaker 2: It's the build, it's the physical nature that and and you know, and I I totally appreciate what Vach is saying about the guy. I have just never had that ability. And like I say, and last night, watch and I did a show, and I read Tank Dell and and I read I read Flowers. He goes, what the F's your problem?
Speaker 5: He was smiling when he ran those reports.
Speaker 3: Right, because I remember two years ago you were saying you were having a lot of trouble with these right too, because of the size of these.
Speaker 2: I do and then, but you see and know. But maybe I haven't seen enough of the tank Dells. Maybe I haven't seen enough of the Flowers. And all the years I've done this, maybe I've seen more of the John Rosses and guys like that, the smaller, fast, quick guys that haven't worked out.
Speaker 6: See, that's the difference you get burned by like a John Rossll, like a Jalen Rager tag guy. I think they're just run past you guy, like Jalen Hyatt is run past you guy. But I think what makes Flowers and what makes Dell and Johnson different is that they're Dell.
Speaker 2: Is small, I mean five.
Speaker 6: The footwork for Teddy are quicker sideways and they make people miss and they create their own angles as as ball carries. That's that's why that's why Worthy works right, because Worthy is a run past you guy, but he works well sideways. I don't think Isaiah Bond works well sideways. These Jalen Raggers type, these Jalen higat Is, these I run fast, but I'm vertical run fast.
Speaker 5: They don't Royals Utah State.
Speaker 6: He works well sideways when you ask him to run sideways then and then he's physical and all that. So taking these run past you fast guys, I need one more one more change up with them. And Tedis Johnson got a couple of changes and he can run routes.
Speaker 3: I'm with you there, And is there anyone else from the Senior Bowl that you want to kind this shout out before we move on to Twitter on the twenty I mean, how about I argue with you guys about Arianta Ersery from Minnesota. Yeah, all right, my dude's holding his own and I got to say I was with you guys.
Speaker 4: He is heavy footed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I loved watching his tape against Abdul Carter said on the previous show, like I just saw the adjustments throughout the game. He is fighting for his life early on. You see him settling, you see him battle back. I love to compete the physical nature that he plays with the run blocking, to me is one of the best in the entire class. But the footwork looked pretty good for Arianta Arcerie during those one on won drills that we got to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you guys thought about again? I I'm looking at Sable from North Dakota State. Is he a guy that you're looking at as a tackle or you're looking at him now as a guard that you've seen him play a little bit. I know on my board I have him as a guard. I have him as a guard as well.
Speaker 3: And when I was watching him, I was thinking, because we always kind of hear about position flexibility. I know you've got a new take on this, but Cowboys specifically, I do think they value that. I think they like that being able to do guys do spots. And I watched Zabel and I was thinking, this might be a guy the Cowboys could really like. But I'm with you, because he's played right tackle, he's played guard.
Speaker 4: I have him as a guard as his natural position.
Speaker 6: I think he's he's better at guard. But it helps me put him at guard because he's not like small, like he's not three no right, right, right, you know, as opposed to our guy Bao from Purdue.
Speaker 5: Right you see how small?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was watching his one on ones and I'm a fan of his, you know from what he put on film, But like his legs like just so skinny. He kind of got pushed back a little bit. And that corresponds with the film that we saw, right, he'll kind of get over powered a little bit.
Speaker 2: Islam too, though didn't he wasn't strong.
Speaker 5: He wasn't he wasn't power for a big guy.
Speaker 2: You think, man, that guy's got to be stronger than that, right, I mean that's what we were seeing that that. But like I to me, the Senior Bowl, in the in the East West game just part of what you're trying to do. I'm gonna I'm gonna trust the four or five games I get to watch and hope that you know. But to your point about about Ursary the tackle from Minnesota, you know, maybe from the time that Minnesota ended their season to the time where he's now at the Senior Bowl, maybe he got with some people to work on his footwork and get coached up a little bit to be a little bit better. Because I did see a slow footed guy in the tape in Minnesota, you know, but he did, to his credit, his feet did look better at the at the Senior Bowl they than they had on tape.
Speaker 6: Was anybody else besides Millim right that you walked into the Senior Bowl going I'm excited about him, but maybe kind of let you down a little bit with just with you know what, what you've seen so far. Because because Princely uhmaman yelling from old Miss, I was ready for him to all right, we got one on one. You ain't got to worry about the run. You get to run past people. I was ready for Princely to tear it up and he hadn't really torn it up. Donovan from Boston College and Kyle Canard there from South Carolina, they've been they've been doing well. I've been proud of them, but Princeley's kind of let me down a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what the initial thought about Thomas the Corner from Florida State. I mean, I really sticky, that's that's our guy's uh one Game's brother, one Yay's brother here, and I I, you know, I really really liked his tape at Florida State. But there were a couple of reps there where, you know, on day one where there was separation, he didn't look like he was in very good balance.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: They kind of they kind of put put him in the blender a little bit on some of the stuff, So that part of me, I think he rallied back yesterday a little bit. But man, I'll tell you what. I had him as a as a second round corner on my board, and so that was a little bit of a little bit of a shock to the system to watch him that kind of get separated on the way he did well.
Speaker 6: So you mentioned our tackle from Oregon, Josh Connerley. Were you down on him just because Mike Green ran smack Dad through the middle of his chest and made him horizontal in the air. Look or is it like a whole bunch of rips you didn't lay for him.
Speaker 4: It's not a whole bunch. I've seen somewhere he's looked good.
Speaker 3: But I thought Connorley can can push to maybe be the best tackle in the draft because I like the footwork, I like the athleticison that he's playing with. I think he does have some power to his game. I think he's one of the better pass protectors. I think he got a lot of guys that can run block, which is nice, and that's why you're looking at Hey, maybe some of these stackles can get inside. But that was pretty brutal seeing what Mike Green did to him, just look making him look like a little Ragnall. But I've got Mike Green. Maybe it's like the sixth best player in the entire.
Speaker 4: Draft on my board, the whole draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love Mike Green. I think he's absolutely phenomenal. So for me, it's like I'm not stunned. I'm not stunned that Connor Ly got just destroyed by Mike Green. But I've expected a little bit more from him.
Speaker 5: So let's just play a little game.
Speaker 6: We'll chuck Mike Green from Marshall or Luther Burden from Missouri, Mike Green, Mike Green or Kelvin Banks, Mike Green, McMillan, McMillan. Okay, so you probably got Jensy and Carter and then Mike Green.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well I got McMillan over him too. Yeah, Travis Onoto, Yeah, I got Travis Center over room.
Speaker 5: Okay, so he's about four or five you, Okay, Mike.
Speaker 4: Travishner's my number one player. I got ADOTL.
Speaker 3: Carter at two, I got Gent at three, I got McMillan at four, I got Mason Graham at five, and then I got my Green.
Speaker 5: You got Mike Green, pretty high.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait till draft, the first night of the draft, and we're all sitting here and like, it comes down to Dallas's pick and who the best player on the board.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be the running back.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be the running back, and they'll take the running And do you think they will take the rum?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think so as we stand right now, Gent's there. I don't think they're passing on genty and honestly, they'd be foolish still in my opinion.
Speaker 6: Mike Green, your fifth Beth player, take the running back. Man, take the running back. And I'm I'm I'm living.
Speaker 2: You're gonna argue Mike Green there at twelve if he's there. If it's gent and Mike Green.
Speaker 6: This is where I'm phoning because size kind of makes me a little nervous, And it really depends who's on the board.
Speaker 5: For Mike Green.
Speaker 6: It depends who's on the board though, right like if it's wide receiver or Mike Green. And look also to think about this, all of our favorite pass rushers are right in the middle of the second round. They're all there, So you have to play give and take with what's available now. That's not gonna be available later. I'm really gonna lie before wy receiver if WY receivers there, because I think wide receiver gets a little more slim. If I can live without Mike Green, now I can live with Donovan Easy from Boston College in the second round.
Speaker 3: Who's also looked really, really good so far on the practice we've seen.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's actually a good lead in question.
Speaker 3: We'll get some twitter on the twenty coming up on the other side, as the Drapt Show continues.
Speaker 4: Right here, here we.
Speaker 7: Go, Tyler from Dude Perfect. Here, big news. We just dropped our very own Dude Perfect Smoothie with Smoothie King. We as strong it's my recipe. Technically, we all came up with it, Kobe. I mean you put a potato in yours. I was experimenting how we picked up on that. Guys, this is fruit smoothie perfection. I even heard it recently quoted that it was food perfect.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was on to say that, Oh that was funny, honey, Thank you. Anyways, kid, the dude Perfect Smoothie only at Smoothie King My smoothie all right.
Speaker 8: Drew Pearston, former Dallas Cowboy and now pro Football Hall of Famer. Here. If you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw aheall Mary go where I went. Laser care Ey Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 6: At Laser care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see.
Speaker 8: Check them mat at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hood.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: As they snapped the press scout, who looks right, It's not there.
Speaker 5: He escaped slapped, He'll look full a first down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Presscott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot com Cowboys fans.
Speaker 10: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Y is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 3: Back here on the Draft Show, presented to you by Monster Jam, the most action packed motor sports experience in the world, returns to Arlington Had to HT Stadium on Saturday, March eighth. Sunday Jam Get ready to cheer, stream and be Amazed is massive. Monster Jam Trucks takeover Arlington. Tickets are on sale now at seat geek dot com. I'm the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium and now it's time for some Twitter on the twenty members. Always on it man, He's the best in the business. Okay, we got a lot of good questions here. Let's start with our guy Mike Crumb. Derek Harmon is my pet cat. Truly believe he could end up the best defensive tackle in this class. What are your guys thoughts on Derek Rmon the defensive tackle out of Oregon.
Speaker 6: In this class field with good moving tackles, he might be one of the better moving guys.
Speaker 5: High effort, pretty good hands.
Speaker 6: I think if you're a team that's looking for, you know, looking for pass rush from b gap, I think that's definite where you want to go.
Speaker 5: But he's not really lacking.
Speaker 6: In power, so he brings both both to the to the party there, and I think he has some pretty good run some pretty good run reps too. I disagree with my guy Mike shots out to Mike with him being the best tackle or him possibly could be the best tackle in this draft or whatever. But I got Derek Harmon pretty high on my boy, He's a top five tackle for me.
Speaker 5: I got him in the second round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got his second round as well. I mean, it's the problem with him is he gets a little tall at times at the way he plays, and now I'll get him in trouble, but you can line him up in a lot of different spots and he could play well for me, Like the fact he did transfer from Michigan State, played there three years and you know, came to Oregon. But he's got some power to him when you watch him, can be a little disruptive the way he plays.
Speaker 3: He does, I mean he flashes being a total game wrecker. It would not surprise me as well if he ends up being one of the top tackles in this class. But he's also the almost guy like you'll see him get in the backfield, just lacks the finish. But I actually have him as my second defensive tackle behind Mason Graham'm a big fan of Derek Carmeron.
Speaker 4: I know Bobby would disagree if he were here.
Speaker 3: He thinks that he shows a little bit of maybe some laziness on tape, Like does he get a little too tired? When did that big box Bobby watch tape on himself. I would disagree. I would disagree there. So it comes to Derek Carmon.
Speaker 5: So you got Harmon over Grant from Michigan.
Speaker 2: I do It's not wrong with child.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I like Grank Grant.
Speaker 3: I've got a number three shut out to you and Mike though, Ma, but I do love me some Dereck Harmon. Okay, this is a good question from Matt Owen. You can pick one player from the Senior Bowl, one player from the East West Shrine game for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Who would you pick.
Speaker 6: The best player from the shrinebow is getting a tight end, And you know tight end is always something that the Cowboy as looking for, so we can get him in day three somewhere cool and pick a player from the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 5: Give me your fifth best player. It would be good to go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know, if you want to go tight end, then Harold Fanning from Bowling Green like this is also at the Senior Bowl. So just to key from having an easy Mike Green answer, then get you a tight end at either one of those places.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I think, to me, what's interesting Maybe these defensive tackles you've got me talking about, though, you know, that would be something I would look at there. I think in the I think in the Senior Bowl, Mike Green makes an awful lot of sense for what you're trying to do.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think I'll go Mic Green to the Senior Bowl. You know what, give me Kobe Bryant, the corner from Kansas out of the Shrine Bowl. Kobe Bryant, who I think is an absolute pass. That's co o b ee. And if I'm saying you're a pass, I think that's a super compliment. As a corner, he is an irritant and I love the way that he plays his play temperament to me, big fan of You can probably get him later some of these simulators they've got him in like the seventh round. I'm seeing people post their mocks no A and hell is Kobe Bryant going to be there in the seventh round?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: We need to go ahead and adjust that. All right, let's get another twitter on the twenty question from Christopher. This kind of goes back to a conversation we were having earlier. Assuming Genty is on the board at twelve, who are some players that you'd consider picking over him? If you're having the conversation of depth at running back and maybe you can circle back and address that later.
Speaker 6: We need some gas mask videos to come out on Hunter, Carter, McMillan or Graham. Those are the only guys that I feel really good about, you know, taking over Jens.
Speaker 2: Everybody maybe Simmons if he checks out.
Speaker 6: If Doctor Cooper says that Josh Simmons, you know, nia is fine, then I will take Simmons. It really just comes down to do you want to roll the dice on that second set of running backs being there for you? If you pass on Gensy and let's just say Caleb Johnson from Ayowa goes like twenty nine and then Hampton goes forty two, Now you're cussing everybody the table out, you know what I'm saying, when in real life, you should just take your guy if that's your guy, and now window dresher board like you've been trying to teach us for years, bro, and just move. That'll be a doomsday type situation because now you're going, all right, I do have to overpay for one of these other running backs that have a third round grade on or will that run on that that group of running backs like uh, you know Samson and Harvey and Henderson, Well, if those guys go late too before you can get back to your three Yeah. Oh now we now we're doing the same exact thing we did last season, right, but we're waiting for running back. Oh they're going, well, we don't like that guy. Let's wait for this group of guys and they never come back to you. So I would much rather be safe than sorry. If one of those top five or six guys aren't there, I'll probably feel better taking Ashton jen Zy, But if you ask me again next week, I'll change my mind again and wait on Hampton.
Speaker 3: I do think there is there's a drop off from Genty and these other backs. I know everybody just likes to assume, like, Okay, it's super deep at running backs, you're good, you can circle back. But I mean Genty compared to Caleb Johnson. I like him, but he's not as good. No, no, no, Like if you can have the best in a class that we're saying might be one of the best that we've seen in recent memory, I think that also says something too. If I'm getting the best back of a great class that speaks volumes, how darn good that running back is? I agree, and he can help the offensive line. Okay, back to Twitter on the twenty questions your dream scenario round one, two and three. Do you have any dream scenarios right now that you could just say? Okay, I'd love if I could come out of arounds one, two, and three. With these sets of players, I'd be absolutely having a dance party.
Speaker 5: Who has this?
Speaker 4: This would be Edmund?
Speaker 2: Edmund, don are we about to do this in a mock simulator?
Speaker 4: We'll do a mock simulator. I don't know if that would be our dreams.
Speaker 3: You want to save that and see if, like maybe we are able to like no, go ahead, I mean so like that.
Speaker 6: If I hadn't walk away with a wide receiver, running back and a d tackle, I can I can be. I can live with that. I can be pretty good if if not only do we get those guys, but I like them all, Yeah, then I can. I can feel good about that. If the Cowboys find themselves in some trade vack scenario, we can add a guard or something like that. I'm really throwing a part of We're all going to go and corral if we can get four four picks in day one and two. But I'm not positive that we're gonna be able to pull that off like we did last year.
Speaker 2: Man, that's tough. I'm trying to think about. Okay, a go runner, receiver tackle.
Speaker 6: This is the hard part though, Yeah, because you can have your list, but a corner that you love could be there.
Speaker 2: Actually, So now you lacking a corner exactly exactly now you're looking at age or something. Yeah, at my the depth, I have it forty four potentially. But man, if we only got twelve to fifteen first round grades, all that second round depth that I'm looking at right now is gonna get picked in the first round. It's all gonna be gone.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm just gonna throw this out now.
Speaker 3: I can probably change this about ten different times. Give me Mike Green, give me Johnson in the second round, and then maybe I can get Zabel in the third.
Speaker 4: And I feel pretty good.
Speaker 3: I've got an offensive lineman, I got myself an elite runner, and I've gotten edge to pair with Michael Parsons.
Speaker 4: That I think is gonna be a nightmare for teams.
Speaker 6: Your new coaches on defense are going to cuss you out there. We're not gonna get any tackle help until round five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they probably will, But I mean that's the issue with how many holes there are on this football team right now, some other position is going to be cussing me out.
Speaker 5: You love Mike Green, I get that. I love them too.
Speaker 6: I think tackle is an emergency defensive tackle is emerging.
Speaker 5: I think you have edges.
Speaker 6: You may not be as set as you want to be at edge, but I think you looking at at one take in particular. I think you're looking at one take like, man, we we either gonna live. We're either gonna live or die.
Speaker 3: By that he could be losing to a free agency DeMarcus Lawrence, Chauncey Golston.
Speaker 4: How you're replacing them?
Speaker 2: Well, let me can we throw this in the scenario into this situation there? What do you think about linebacker? What if Walker could Walker from Georgia be and play at twelve? See we even we you know you're you're linebacking situation is dire.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think Jayla Walk is a linebacker, so i'd be I don't.
Speaker 3: I'd be looking at you hot Campbell and that would be a trade back scenario. I'd love it if he could get there at forty four. I think that'd be tremendous value. But considering the lack of really good and maybe Schwessinger from UCLA, could he end up being a guy that falls you.
Speaker 4: I would have that conversation in the second one.
Speaker 2: I just think that you got to start thinking about linebackers and whether I think Walker's edge or a linebacker.
Speaker 4: I think he's an edge. I know you had, and I value that.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's other scouts in the league that do think he's too short to be a full time edge, and I just worry about I don't know that he's athletic enough to be a sideline As sideline linebacker, I think he can get exploited very easily by offenses.
Speaker 4: If you more.
Speaker 2: Exploited as a linebacker or as an edge.
Speaker 4: I see as a linebacker because I think his best trades as an edge.
Speaker 6: I think, and it's so weird for him. I think his best trace Sorgia by the way. I think his best traits are just simply moving forward, because I think he has I think he has problems, like if you just call it edge, I think he got problems at edge, like you know, maybe with his size or whatever. And if if he's just at linebacker, I think I think he has problems with doing the linebacker things or moving backwards.
Speaker 5: But I think his best plays are just moving forward.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I think. If you have some type of free agency limited around here, if you're going to play that game. You better be looking for guys like Eric Kendricks. Is you to do people like that because I've seen very very few lineback.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what the conversation we're having here is why you'd have a lot of cowboy fans that are saying, because of all these needs, that's why you would punt on taking a running back early and then maybe you're able to get an Olie Gordon on Day.
Speaker 4: Three at the draft if he's able to slide.
Speaker 3: The issue is that fourth round pick, because I do think you're gonna have a lot of these running backs like we saw last year that are just gonna fly off the board in the fourth round. Do you need to end up trading up with one of your three fives to get back into that to make sure you don't miss on one of your dudes?
Speaker 2: Better off? Probably if they're gonna do it, they're probably gonna have to do it like they did against with Detroit last year and try and get the extra round roue in round one, just slide back and get the extra three and go.
Speaker 6: I'm hoping somebody's watching mill Row and going, man, I gotta get in that top twelve to get that.
Speaker 4: Guy and any stuff through interceptions.
Speaker 6: That's the problem. That's the problem. I'd like, you know, not name Sanders and Ward. I don't think there's quarterbacks there's really think we.
Speaker 3: Saw Colin McCord Kyle we He really did impress me because I was not a column accord fan, but seeing him live, he was much better with his accuracy, ball placement and his processing.
Speaker 4: I thought was impressive.
Speaker 6: See that next wave of guys. They're not gonna help you at twelve, right, But if maybe at the top of the second round somebody won some of those guys, top of the third maybe, and then that helps us by bumping players down to forty four and seventy six or wherever we're drafting, then that'll benefit us there. But as far as quarterback goes in at top twelve, so range, I think that's just who we you know, that's that's who we have. I don't think there's a bow Knicks type situation.
Speaker 2: Jackson Dark.
Speaker 6: Maybe I don't know Jackson Dark getting a twelve, but I think people are gonna like him.
Speaker 4: I think you could be on it.
Speaker 2: You've been on Jackson Dark here, You've been talking to nobody, nobody, Jackson Dark.
Speaker 4: You watch Trey Harris watched tape Jack and Dark.
Speaker 2: You watch these you watch these SEC games. You throw old miss on there because you're thinking, okay, they've got weapons on the outside, you know, weapon at quarterback, and you see him making plays. I mean you're watching watching that LSU corner the other day. So Alexander, you know, watching him play. I'm watching Jackson Dart just dice up Lsu.
Speaker 5: I would hope the league loves them.
Speaker 6: I hope the league loves Riley Leonard and all these guys come up here and take them all in, you know, help us out a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'd be nice. Just keep pushing down the good players.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: There there are some several center questions on here. We just don't think that there's really a ton of centers as Ted Johnson watching the Senior.
Speaker 5: Bowl, right.
Speaker 3: It's the route run with somebody, so, I mean the quick fit. His ability to separate there was really unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Look at a hundred and sixty pounds.
Speaker 2: You guys hav him a completely off the board, you do, I mean you've got him as an undrafted It's like a little disrespect hater.
Speaker 3: Right now, let me ask one more here. Twitter on the twenty and then let's mock draft style. This is from Christian Would you rather Okay at twelve?
Speaker 4: Genty?
Speaker 3: At forty four? Ristreppo the wide receiver from Miam half of me yea Kay or Burden at twelve? Xavier Watts had a Notre Dame at forty four.
Speaker 2: I've got what don't know that spots because he hates safeties.
Speaker 5: I hate safety.
Speaker 2: He hates safety. Anytime we bring up safeties on our show, he like, he looks at me, like, why are we talking about this?
Speaker 3: You wouldn't have a conversation at about starts at twelve right from Georgia.
Speaker 4: Because I would not.
Speaker 3: I am I him probably lower on stars than the rest.
Speaker 2: Of Have you seen Mabka play Texas?
Speaker 3: I think Wats is better. I think mccooba is better from Texas to Cuba.
Speaker 5: Mccooba's my safety one. I got him higher to starts.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think he's just more physical. I see Starks miss a lot of tackles, and you see him miss tackles in big games. That first half against Alabama was bad, and against Notre Dame in the in the ball game, miss some plays.
Speaker 4: So I mean, I get it.
Speaker 3: Like you can see some athleticism, but I love to Exavier watch tape better.
Speaker 2: Notre Dame. Oh no, his tape's really good with him.
Speaker 6: Watts is so odd of being able to find the football from roaming around, you know, like, oh no, he goes to it. When we think of these ball hawking guys, we're normally thinking like a one high safety or maybe somebody that can get from the middle of the field to the numbers.
Speaker 5: Hashes to the numbers.
Speaker 6: He'll be roaming around, hooking curl and up in the flats and just you know, just catch a pick over there. Just he if he finds the football is so magne to him. And that's why I have him ranked higher than some of these other safeties. And that's why I got the safety from Texas there. I got him higher than Starks. Starks doesn't really gravitate towards picks. To me, I think Starks has the size that these teams may want. He's versatile, he can do some man cover stuff. But if I'm drafting a safety, I want a dude that gets picks. I want a ball howk in safety. I think that's the kid from Textas. I just can't say his last name, Andrew.
Speaker 3: Trans transfer from Clemson and was absolutely brilliant this year. Okay, last one. This is a personal question here because I'm seeing a lot of wide receiver.
Speaker 2: But you're not gonna leave yourself any time for the smock draft.
Speaker 4: Now and then we're gonna break. Now, we're gonna be good.
Speaker 3: H If you had to take a wide receiver at twelve not named Tess McMillan, who you're.
Speaker 2: Taking test tip mc millan ted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, I'm thinking Tess Johnson's you're watching him over here, not Nam McMillian, cause I don't think he's getting there.
Speaker 6: I think Luther Burden gives you the best opportunity to get a bona fide dude at wide receiver that probably fits what you're trying to do here at the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm going with him.
Speaker 2: I agree with Burden the band, but Booka makes a lot of sense because he's played second fiddle all his whole career, never complained about it one time, has then played at a very very high level to make himself a first round player, being a guy that's been a really a robin to a lot of really great Batman's at Ohio state.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with Yannigbuk. I think he'd be my guy.
Speaker 3: All right, let's step aside and we come back. Three round mock draft war room style.
Speaker 4: Let's do this. That's next on the Draft Show.
Speaker 11: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near, far, and between.
Speaker 4: Don't fumble your vision any longer.
Speaker 11: Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center, they got me back on my game.
Speaker 12: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and odes with me Everson Walls with Star Sports Tours. You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 7: Here we go, Tyler from Dude Perfect Tire, Big News. We just dropped our very own Dude Perfect Smoothie with Smoothie King. We as strong it's my recipe. Technically we all came up with it, Kobe. I mean you put a potato in yours. I was experimenting how we picked up on that. Guys, this is fruit smoothie perfection. I even heard it recently quoted that it was food perfect.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was on to say that, Oh that was funny, honey.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Anyways, give the dude Perfect Smoothie only at Smoothie King My smoothie.
Speaker 13: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets? As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets pat along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our cowboys.
Speaker 2: As you enjoy your stars on and off the plate.
Speaker 13: Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 3: Come on out to AT and T Stadium on February twenty second for the Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship Series. Watch the world's best two wheel racers converge for one night of NonStop action. Enjoy unprecedented access to the sports biggest stars with an up close view of the race bikes and team rigs at FanFest. Tickets are on sale now at CE dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium. Final segment here of today's Draft show, Zach Wolchuck Vatch, Lombardi, Brian brought us with you. Let's do a little war room mock Draft edition. As I've got the simulator up. Cowboys on the clock. At Big twelve, you've got cam Ward. He goes number one to the Titans. Travis Hunter cornerback, Colorado or Receiver off the board goes to the Browns. At two, shardor Sanders goes to the Giants. At three, Abdull Carter Edge, Penn State off the board goes to the Pats, followed by Mason Graham defensive tackle Michigan. He goes to the Jags. Tech McMillan wide receiver Arizona is a raid at six. Will Johnson the corner from Michigan off the board at seven to the j E T s Jets, Jets Jets, Malachi Starks.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a pen throw. Gosh, start it. I was hoping he'd get to twelve. He goes eight to the Carolina Panthers. Will Campbell lsu staying a home. He's going to the Saints at nine.
Speaker 3: Then we got two edge rushers, James Pierce Junior the edge from Tennessee to the Bears at ten.
Speaker 2: And they still haven't got anybody to block for that quarterback.
Speaker 3: And then Mike Green Edge Marshall goes to the nine right before the Cowboys pick at eleven. So Boys Ashton genty on the board, Luther Burden wide receiver, Miszoo on the board. Josh Simmons tackle from Ohio State, Kelvin Banks tackle or guard from Texas is there?
Speaker 4: Buka is there.
Speaker 3: Kenneth Grant is available the defensive tackle from Michigan.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at my board here, Zach, and I don't want to window dress because I don't want Brian brought to shame me here. We have a variable here. If Doctor Cooper taps me on the show to say we good. Yeah, Josh Simmons is my best player on my board right now. Yeah, I mean I have tackle from Ohio State.
Speaker 2: You know what it's. I mean, I would hate to I don't even want to jump tags. I don't even want to think about jumping tags. But I think that to me, you know, with Genty, unbelievable player. I think if you've got a real plan for what you want to do at offensive tackle, Simmons could come in here. I mean, if you if you want to say, okay, hey, we're gonna move on from We're gonna move on from our you know, a right tackle, we're gonna move getting over, or we're gonna make guyt in a swing or whatever. Simmons is. Simmons is one of those guys that could take me off Genty. He's that. He's that kind of player.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Cowboys first round offensive lineman reputation will be right back good if you can get Simmons up here. I think Simmons is a bona fide to do it. I think he's the best tackle in the draft. As a run block of pass blocklayer athlete. He does all the blocks, reach blocks, down blocks, second level blocks, and he's and he's powerful while he's run blocking hands and feet technique.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm you know in this class where we're having problems find the tackles we like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you if you told me that, hey, give me I have a chance to pick the best offensive tackle on the board, then I'm going to take the best offensive tackle on the board. And Simmons would be that guy for me and I and I love Genty and I think the Genty would have is going to have a hell of a career. But I think that much of Simmons that I would take him over Genty.
Speaker 5: So why not Burden for you, Brian, right now.
Speaker 3: I'd be looking at personally, I'd take a Buck over Burden. I get the yak, I get the explosiveness. I think a Buk is going to be a really good pro. I think he's clean. I love the idea of pairing him with Ceedee Lamb. I don't have the concern about him being a slot only player. I saw him his freshman year went on the outside when Jackson Smith and Jigbubb and I get he was hurt the majority of that season, but he can win outside. But I Simmons, I'm with you, guys, He's the best tackle in the draft.
Speaker 2: If you have a plan, If you have a plan, you know, I mean to me, this kid could come in. He plays left tackle. Now you've got to figure out what you're gonna do with Geydon. Yeah, you have to figure that out. If you don't have a good plan with Geyton, let's take Genty and move on, you know, but please tell me because if you take Simmons, you're gonna have to have something, you know, and you wouldn't consider Banks out of Texas. It would be Simmons only. Gimme Simmons over Banks all day.
Speaker 6: On my board, it's Simmons, Burden, Ohio State, BUKA. Then I got Kelvin Banks.
Speaker 3: And and Tyler Warren. I know you guys wouldn't want I would have Warren up there on my board, but I don't think i'd take a tight end here.
Speaker 6: And just for reference, Brian has Banks as a guard, So you got to think about it, you know, kind of from from that way there. So is he going to be the right guard for you? Or do you draft a tackle and put him next to Tyler Smith and you know bbing, you know, fortifying that that left side.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 6: So both these players, whether it be Simmons or Banks, they have different plans.
Speaker 5: You under saying.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, you know, like, there's no world where Simmons comes and plays right guard for you.
Speaker 4: He's a true tackle, he is. So you want to go with Josh Simmons.
Speaker 6: Here, I'm going with Josh Simmons. You can fight for a book if you want, you can cuss us out.
Speaker 4: I would take Gent.
Speaker 3: I would just stick with the best player here, and I would just take Ashton Genty. But I'm totally always fine with building in the trench. It sounds like both of you want to go Simmons.
Speaker 2: Do we have a plan. Do we have a plan for simmons ornament left tackle? And then we're gonna have Guiding and Steel compete on the right side.
Speaker 5: If Steele is on his team. I'm just kind of sitting Guden.
Speaker 6: I think the worst thing that happened to Guiden was Tyron Smith left, so you just have to just throw Guiding directly in the fire. I think Guiden would have would have really benefited from just sitting down one year and he I think he'll have the same problems on the left side as he'll have on the right side, honestly, And we got some coaching in here. I don't know what Schtdenheimer thinks about thinks about Guiden, But if Shottenheimer is working out of Ohio State and he sees Simmons moving around and doctor Cooper says you good to go, then I don't see why you would be attached.
Speaker 5: To a guy in that way.
Speaker 2: I take Simmons.
Speaker 5: I'm taking Simmons, all right.
Speaker 3: Josh Simmons is to pick. They're at twelve for the Cowboys. As we have the man, I'm praying, let's hope that the running back is available. Okay, Xavier Watts went right before the Cowboys pick. So did Gray Zabel, the North Dakota State guard slash tackle to the Jets.
Speaker 4: Princely the edge rusher from on Mits is gone.
Speaker 3: J T t is gone from Ohio State, Donovan's a rock. Wou Easy from Boston College is gone, Baron's gone.
Speaker 5: Who am I running backs?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 5: That's available? Right now?
Speaker 3: You're running backs. Cam Scattabell is available. If you're interested. There you do have Dylan Sampson. Caleb Johnson still on the board. Caleb Johnson out of Iowa is still there. So is Trevon Henderson out of Ohio State.
Speaker 2: Can you give me? Can you give me any other position you want to look at it? Give me a give me a wide receiver. Save On Williams is there? Okay? Give me give me a defensive tackle, one technique.
Speaker 4: Okay, defensive tackles. Let's take a look here.
Speaker 5: Give me about give me about three o oo's tackles.
Speaker 2: I can know Norman a lot, Okay, Alfred Collins ok Texas Walker out of Kentucky.
Speaker 6: Give me, give me two more names at wide receiver. I'm thinking running back right now, I'm opting.
Speaker 2: I think Johnson, and I'm just trying to justify not taking Johnson.
Speaker 3: Here, you got Jalen royals Utah State, Jack Besh out of TCU, Higgins out of Iowa staate.
Speaker 2: Okay, Besh would be your acts, that would be your acts. He would be.
Speaker 6: But just board wise, I got Johnson way ahead of all the guys that he's missed.
Speaker 2: I think you're I think you're right.
Speaker 4: Johnson would be. You do have Johad Campbell.
Speaker 5: Linebacker John Campbell there from from Alabama.
Speaker 4: He's the best rated player left.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna have to live with Leo foul and get this running back. Man, I'm going. I'm going Caleb.
Speaker 6: I think these other running backs are fine, like Harvey, Sampson, Henderson, those guys are fine. I think the last dynamic running back, and like you said, is that they're not superstar like Jens. But I do think that Johnson and Hampton are dynamic. And if I have an opportunity to get one of those guys after passing on Jency, I think John Johnson the right.
Speaker 2: I think when you get past Johnson and Hampton, you're starting to talk about guys, you're having to pair with other running backsy So give me. I'll take Johnson.
Speaker 4: I'll take Caleb Johnson as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you got Josh Simmons, you got your running back in Caleb Johnson, and now we go all the way to round three. Besh is gone, a lot of Fannin's gone, the tight end, Walker's gone, Booker's gone. The guard from Alabama, Maxwell harst In the corner out of Kentucky went right before you.
Speaker 2: So he's had he's had a good senior ball. By the way, that's a stick.
Speaker 4: He's looking pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so we're looking now, you've got to tackle. You've got a runner, gunner helm tight end. Texas is on the board.
Speaker 2: That's kind of where I got him.
Speaker 3: Isaiah Bond still there, wide receiver out of Texas. Say his name, you're William and Mary tackle. Charles Grant's hanging out uh Asra Thomas cornerback Florida state wide receivers. Derek Harmon is still there. Defensive tackle out of Oregon. Tesz Johnson is available from Oregon. Trey Harris oh Miss is still there as well.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking Tedz Johnson and Derek Harmon off the bet right here. But let's just talk about it. What what am my age.
Speaker 4: Is there?
Speaker 5: I got a first round.
Speaker 6: Pick on got out on mccooba, and I don't know. If I don't know, is gonna fall like this? He might be going, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: The edges are look like Josiah Stewart from Michigan.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's more of a he is the third round guy. He's the top of the third round guy. He can rush.
Speaker 4: Rutger from North Carolina. I can't say, I've watched him yet.
Speaker 5: Kim r. He's a pass rush and I really run down guy, but you know, keep going.
Speaker 4: Ashton Gillotti, he's more of a yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: One guy that that I did like at the Senior Bowl Antoine Powell Ryland, the Edge from Virginia text there, but I think this might be a little early.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we're not looking at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the edges don't, don't aren't really streaming at me.
Speaker 5: Linebacker is a linebacker? This Wessenger or a night Available.
Speaker 4: They're both gone. You do have Barrett Carter from Clemson.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, he would drive you nuts because he really lacks instinct. Yeah, I'm sorry, I just had to say that. I know you guys need to watch him, but you're gonna you're gonna watch. He is a He's a guy that when you watch him play, it's amazing how often the ball goes right past him where he's just not aware of what's happening around him.
Speaker 6: I think the conversation comes down to the two players Oregon, Uh.
Speaker 4: Well not Jacob Parrish from Kansas State.
Speaker 6: I like the player, but compared to Tams Johnson or Derek Harmon. I don't think he's in this conversation.
Speaker 3: I mean, I got Harmon as my number two defensive tackle. I think I would absolutely take him here. He would be the dude that i'd probably lean with.
Speaker 2: Is he Is he more of a one or three?
Speaker 4: I think I think he's a one. They get you some past rush a billy.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you said Campbells still on the board not this point, but not anymore. He wasn't in the second round he was.
Speaker 4: He's gone. The linebackers are pretty wiped.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think there's a linebacker that we like enough here and Bo's there the tackle from But we've already taken an.
Speaker 6: Offensive tame and I think at this point I think we should have gone a different person. I think I think we've done fine. You just got to live with the idea that whether one tech or wide receiver, the one that you don't pick, you're probably gonna be wiped out there. But we've been watching these these bowls, you know, the bowl games and practices and all that. Can we live with one of these guys that we've been seeing lately, Uh, Jordan Phillips, Uh, you know, C. J.
Speaker 2: West?
Speaker 6: Can we can we live with one of those guys playing one take for us? And get Tedaz Johnson a receiver and and Taz I got him in the second round, So if him being here in the third, I think that's some that's some value for him.
Speaker 5: Pairs of CD land really well, get you done? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know you want to take Speed, I'd go with the other Oregon kid. I'd take Harmon here. That would be my vote.
Speaker 2: I I you know what, I I've got to do something about some of these defensive tackles.
Speaker 3: Samark Turner is still there from A and M. Is that good value here? You think I didn't love his tape? And I'm looking like a different player at the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 2: He's I got Harmon in the second round. I mean I'm top of the second. You know, JJ Pegeese is there from from Ole Miss.
Speaker 6: I can live with either, whether it be the wide receiver Johnson or the tackle Harmon. I can live with either. But I'm gonna put my my vote in for the receiver. But I don't hate either one.
Speaker 2: There are.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's deeper when I'm looking at the defensive tackles available compared to the wide receivers available.
Speaker 6: That's my point. I think there's a lot more tackles than wide receivers.
Speaker 2: But do we need an X? I mean, are we talking about the.
Speaker 6: I'm an x is that you like will be gone? This is all like slack quick do situations going on right here.
Speaker 4: Ricky White from U N l V. You wait and snag him if you already got Jalen.
Speaker 2: If you're drafting, if you're drafted, let me ask you if you're drafting Johnson from Oregon. Yeah, are you've been thinking about tendering? I mean you have to tender uh uh Turpin? Yeah, you just the same guy. I'm just I'm just the same type of play.
Speaker 6: Johnson does a lot more wide receiver things than Turping, but they're the same type of birsty, explosive guy.
Speaker 2: Sure, so we're tendering a guy like a second round but also drafting another receiver that's very similar.
Speaker 5: That's fair. Let's go Harmon there, all right.
Speaker 4: I'm in on. I'm in on Hormon.
Speaker 6: And I wouldn't even think Harmony even be here. So if Harmon's here, then I'm doing a little dance that I can get him into third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 13: R J.
Speaker 4: Harvey was the last pick there in the third round, so overall.
Speaker 5: But we stuck with Jalen Brooks and them, so we.
Speaker 4: Did, we did.
Speaker 3: We ended up getting an offensive tackle, Josh Simmons out of Ohio State. Caleb Johnson felt, I wasn't forty four the running back out of Iowa and then Derek Harmon, the defensive tackle out of Oregon able to make it there at pick seventy six. I think we're feeling pretty good about that haul in the first three rounds.
Speaker 2: Actually that the way that fell for me was one to two on my rounds. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Likewise, yeah, likewise one two too. I feel good about it. And guys, we did it.
Speaker 2: We were actually you actually moved that thing along. Man're proud of you for doing it.
Speaker 4: A good job, guys, thought I was.
Speaker 3: We did a good Let's go any final thoughts before we booget out of here.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it just goes to show you though that I'm just gonna say this. I hated hated trading away from or not trading.
Speaker 5: But moving away from chances.
Speaker 2: I hated it. But but Simmons, Simmons is one of the Simmons is one of the guys that I absolutely love in this draft Ohio State Tackle. Yeah, so genty, I mean God, I'm just gonna just gonna hold my breath and hope for the best.
Speaker 3: So this would be about, Hey, you go to the combine with him and then you get your medicals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the medical clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Doctor Cooper and all the other thirty one other teams are gonna They're gonna pull and push and see how it all is. And if you get a clean bill of health and away you go. I could say, I'm I'm you know, I'm green lighting that thing. But if there's any kind of complications, we need to figure out if they're complications, if there's something like well, potentially it could be degenerate and all that blah blah blah blah blah, that stuff that goes on long term and stuff, then that might make our determination of drafting genty a little bit easier.
Speaker 6: If doctor Cooper taps show on the shoulder and says, sim is no good at that point in this draft, do you go Burden or GenZ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would go genty. There a gent too, me too.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is about Bird, I'm scared. I love the Yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Don't see them do a bunch of wide receiver things. But but I think YAK is the purest form of football you could possibly have. Yeah, but in the league you want the stuff that translates, and that's route running, and that's awareness and like body control and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I could see him getting bullied a little bit on the outside.
Speaker 6: You need your offense coordinator to believe in motions movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna have to move.
Speaker 3: Is that a lot of what you're doing with CD? Like, I don't know. The burden fits as well.
Speaker 2: See, I was trying to argue that go get an X maybe at forty four. Yeah, there's somebody on the other side.
Speaker 4: Standford kid would make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: This has been a blast, guys.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it real quick, real quick. Could Royals Utah State play X for you?
Speaker 5: He can do it sometimes, but I wouldn't do it a whole bunch.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I have because he's physical.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like it. I like him for I like the Maybe it's my old nineteen nineties football, That's what I'm about.
Speaker 5: Well round the Kicker Bill.
Speaker 4: He ended up going to the second round. In this mock draft scenario.
Speaker 5: You got a third on him, but he might be a second.
Speaker 3: Maybe he rises with the Senior Bowl. There's been a blast. Brian Rodis watch Lombardi. I'm Zach Walchuk. We got another bonus edition of the Draft Show coming up later today. Our buddies and mobile are gonna handle that one with Kylie Yeoman's Nick Harris. We got Tommy Yarish, and then Bobby belt is gonna be working the Shrine Bowl tonight. You can catch that on NFL Network, and then of course the Senior which will be on Saturday afternoon. Thank you so much. We love you until next Tuesday, or really later this afternoon. Huggs and handpounds everybody.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.