Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: This ain't the little itty bitty teeny tiny Bowl, this is Super Bowl fifty nine. Get in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of Super Bowl fifty nine. Scored touchdown is key to hoisting best Lombardi Trophy, and you have a shot to score big by betting on them at Draft Kings Sportsbook, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something simple like a player to scored six. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bet. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app. Use code Money Moves. That's code money moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus best instantly when you bet just five bucks only on Draft King Sportsbook.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred Gambler dot NAT. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Woostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boys on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister boost Mobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boost Mobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or you're there's boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. Coming to the stage next, former NFL head coach Matt Patricia.
Speaker 5: That he.
Speaker 6: Damn coach god coach, drawing them like where Valadoska.
Speaker 3: He sees a Smike coach you aret, Hey go, how are we doing? Do a good coach? Good to see you, hood man? Thank trying great. I had to. I had to get it all that off. You look good? Thank you look sorry good? Gohe you can take it off. Time to go ahead, you want to start it off if you want me? Well, you look Good's obvious. Let's talk about the obvious. Yeah go, I mean what what's really going on? Uh yeah?
Speaker 7: Just an interesting year, know kind of coach Belichick and I do a little coaching on YouTube, which was fun.
Speaker 3: Wrote a TV show that you know that we got to get.
Speaker 7: Out and kind of do some fundamentals all that stuff that we like to talk about.
Speaker 3: So, you know, it was a lot of fun. I got to see.
Speaker 7: Chad every week, which is great, get his McDonald's every single day and make sure we get you fed right.
Speaker 8: Absolutely coaching what's next as far as coaching is concerned.
Speaker 9: Is there anything that you like to do? Is anything on the table from a coaching's.
Speaker 7: Perspective, Yeah, you know. Right now, I'm kind of just I'm trying to be dad.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: I got three kids, and I spent last year in Philly and that was great. My family was not with me, and my oldest son he went from like here to here between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I was like, I kind of I need to be home.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm doing this, which is great.
Speaker 7: You know, get to hang out and talk football, which I love to do, and get to see a lot of people that I haven't seen a long time.
Speaker 3: So it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 9: Coaches at hard before you go MVP tonight, Yeah, they gave it to Josh Allen. Yeah, with the numbers in the stats that Lamar Jackson put up this season.
Speaker 7: Yeah, your thoughts. You know, I'm gonna go the other direction. I'm going Sakuon Barkley, MVP Sakwon Barkley. I mean, this guy was doing stuff I saw. I sat with my son and he ran you know, defensive guys, right, so we appreciate this, right, So he ran and I saw him do a reverse leap frog over another human like a professional athlete.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I looked at my son and I said, you will never see that again. That is the most amazing thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 7: And I think his Yeah, I mean he has been unbelievable, right, And I think everything that he's brought, and you guys.
Speaker 3: Can appreciate, you guys are great.
Speaker 7: You guys are I mean obviously like I'm humbled to be even sitting with you. Guys are unbelievable with great players. And you all did this on your teams, and we know what great players look like, right. Those are the guys that elevate everyone around them. You know, they're the guys that take good players and make them great players that are average players and make them good players and bring that team together.
Speaker 3: And I think he's done that in Philly.
Speaker 7: I think his humility and his excitement is general joy that he has to.
Speaker 3: Watch his team succeed. I man, I love it. I love that coach.
Speaker 2: How do you build trust with a player because they say, you know, this is a player's lead. Yeah, And the players seeming that are getting younger and younger, and it's different. I mean You can't coach players like they could in time. We talk about this all the time. You can't coach players like we got coach when we were in the league and when we were growing up. So but how do you build that trust with players?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I kind of look at like I'm on like my fourth generation of NFL player, you know, my old heads.
Speaker 3: When I coach linebackers, was.
Speaker 7: Like Teddy Bruski, Mike Vrabel Junior, Say, Willie McGinnis, Roosevelt Covid, Larry Izzo, Chad Brown.
Speaker 3: My room. I'd walk in my room.
Speaker 7: I wasn't sure if we were going to coach or fight, Like, I didn't know because it was like Alpha Dog Central. But I think the biggest thing that everybody wants, they just they want to know that you're gonna help them get better. They want to know that you're trying to do everything you can to elevate their play and everything you can to you know, grow them as young men.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what we got to do.
Speaker 7: And you know, look, you got to make sure you go in and tell them how much you appreciate them, how much you respect what they do.
Speaker 3: You know, you guys are different like I didn't.
Speaker 7: I can't play, so you know, I can coach, but I'm not in between those white lines, you know, so I need to do everything I can do. And this is what kept me up late to make sure that you can go out and perform your best. And that's why I didn't sleep every week because I was like, there's no way I'm gonna let you know.
Speaker 3: You go in between those white lines and do.
Speaker 7: Everything that you do at an unbelievable level, and risk everything that you risk, and make sure that I didn't give you every tool possible I could to make you be successful, because I just want to see the joy in your face when you get that done.
Speaker 9: Right Sunday, we got a big game, super Bowl fifty and a half. Yes, you've been around the game of football for a very long time. Yes, offensive side of the ball, deepen the side of the ball. If I'm a bet man who put my money on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am. I am Eagles all the way. I'll say this.
Speaker 7: So there's two teams right now and then if Super Bowl history that have had the number one defense and the NFL's leading rusher, Philadelphia's won right now. The other one was the ninety two Cowboys and they won. So you know, look, defense within championships. I'm on the couch with the defensive guy, so I'm okay. But you know, I think this is where the defense comes through. And look, Kansas City, Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes like those are you know, those are guys keep me up late at night. But I like where Philly's at right now. Like the physicality, the toughness. I think that's gonna be a great game.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 10: How do you think coach uh, we just presented the NFL Coach of the Year together. How do you think Coach Belichick is going to do at the college level?
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what. I know.
Speaker 7: North Carolina is excited, and I know those kids are excited. I think those kids are going to be coached in a way that you know, Look, he's gonna teach. He's gonna take the extreme complex and he's gonna boil it all the way down into something really simple that they can understand. And he's gonna pair those guys for the next level, you know, And I think that'll be a tremendous, amazing opportunity for those guys to learn from him.
Speaker 10: I just told him, and we're just ship chatting as the coach. I saw that you went on the road and you went to the home visits. I said, you know, I don't do home visits, but he said, he said, I've been on the road for a minute. So I just it's just hard for me to think about Coach Belichick doing home visits with kids in high school.
Speaker 3: That is crazy.
Speaker 7: I mean, imagine you're, you know, you're that, you're in that home and come here comes coach walking through the door.
Speaker 3: So you know, that's got to be a great experience for all of them. Coach, thank for joining us. Thanks so much, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: And now hold on, holdo, I'm talking to the stage Steve Spell. I was like, he is strippling something the way y'all come where you see the wall? You see the wall, that's that money wall? What do you do? Baby? Yeah? See, y'all hire him? What I want to be on first take. We got the people, got the people here in front of you, so I want to get this all working out to my dog. What day I want to make sure y'all hear this. What day can I join first?
Speaker 1: Tap?
Speaker 3: What day you joined first? Take what day the day? I tell you. Okay, okay, okay, we're getting somewhere. That's enough. Who you want the thing you want to share? Noah, you ner. I'm good. Life is good.
Speaker 11: Life is good. I can't complain. It's good to see y'all. Thank y'all for coming out with my boys. And don't get no better than what they doing. And we know what the hell he been doing, so it's all good.
Speaker 1: I'm in.
Speaker 3: I'm in good company tonight.
Speaker 2: We've been we've been talking about this and we've been going back and forth. Josh Allen won the MVP.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Lamar Jackson was first team All Pro quarterback, which is I'm surprised.
Speaker 3: I'm shocked that it happened. What are your thoughts.
Speaker 11: I'm kind of glad Lamar didn't win it. Well, where you gotta let me explain. It's the setup. That's the setup. You got two league MVPs. Every other individual in NFL history who's had two league MVPs have won the.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl Championship.
Speaker 11: Lamar, if you will be quiet and let me explain, I will make sure you understand my explanation. What I'm saying is if he had won three then the heat on him next year would have intensified even more and we'd highlight his failures more instead of appreciating his greatness more. Josh Allen went into MVP, well, congratulations, Now what you're gonna do because we're gonna talk about you the same way we talked about Lamar Jackson now because now you're an MVP, where's your chip? And if we're not gonna talk about him not having a chip, we can't do that to Lamar Jackson either.
Speaker 3: That's why I like it, but I don't love it.
Speaker 10: I understand it. I like it, but I don't. I understand your philosophy. I understand how you flip that brilliant That's what I expect from you. But nevertheless, we can't look down the street and condemn a man about what may happen tomorrow and not applaud what he's done today, because that man deserves his flowers right now, regardless of what may happen tomorrow and how we think about him. He was the most valuable quarterback in the NFL, to his team, to our league, to his offense, and by right or wrong, mister Stephen A.
Speaker 3: Smith, I'll get that to you. But allow me to retort.
Speaker 11: We walked into this season and we looked at Baltimore and the acquisition to Derek Henry, and we said that Monsters.
Speaker 3: They gonna win the AFC.
Speaker 11: We saw Josh Allen, he lost Stefon Diggs, he lost Gabe Davis.
Speaker 3: He had a rookie wide out in Keon Coleman.
Speaker 11: He didn't get Amari Cooper until the middle of the season, and he was bawling out up until the last week of the season or so. Shannon and I, along with everybody else, was debating who was the MVP. We would leaning towards Lamar Jackson, but it wasn't like we had submarily dismissed Josh Allen because he had played on an elite level and he didn't have as much to work with. So you're absolutely right with what you're seeing. If we're able to look at Lamar Jackson and say they ain't no need to discuss nobody else because nobody else was even close. But we know that wasn't the case with Josh Allen because of the personnel that he was working with, the absence of expectations, how he had exceeded expectations, and because of That is why I feel the way that.
Speaker 3: I feel looking at this game.
Speaker 2: Kansas City go and put unprecedented three p You got the Philadelphia Eagles that were here just just three years ago, just the second time they're here in three years.
Speaker 3: We know what's at stake.
Speaker 2: We got Saquan who had an unbelievable season, offensive Offensive Player of the Year. You got Jalen Hurst who played unbelievable, had the one turnover, and they ended up losing that ball game. If you had to bet your money who you like in this game on Sunday.
Speaker 11: Well, you don't bet against Patrick Mahomes. Do You don't bet against Patrick Mahomes. However, if you want to roll at dice and take chances because there's more money out there to get if you take a risk, you look at Philly. Philly collectively is the better team they are. You look it up, and then we talk about Saquon Barkley two thousand and five yards Russian.
Speaker 3: He's been electrifying. But we didn't mention this enough.
Speaker 11: Do y'all know their offensive line are just six feet six, three hundred and like, there's twenty.
Speaker 3: Eight pounds and sick boys up there. I mean, these.
Speaker 11: Brothers plug holes as wide as Broadway on a Sunday morning. If you can do that against Kansas City's defense, philadelph Ing's gonna win the championship.
Speaker 3: But I think you.
Speaker 11: Got to do that because Patrick Maholls on the other side, You're gonna have to do that in order to win this game.
Speaker 3: Old like he really answered the question. Man, if you were bet man, who you putting your money on? I would bet on Philly.
Speaker 11: I would take a chance to bet on philp okay, but I recognize that I'm taking a change, but I will still bet on filter right saying that you look at your brother right there.
Speaker 3: Hey, what they do? Hall of Famer man, you both what they do? Baby has been.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, get back you worry. Yes, he's bad, He's bad. Thank you very much. It's been a long day and even longer trying to get here from over there. But thank you for staying. Hopefully we can get you out of here surely because I got to get up early in the morning again. But uh, a tremendous day. It's Uh. It's an honor and a pleasure to follow that guy from for a change, and uh and being the first Brothers inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Oh Za, don't you. Don't you prior up here, don't do that. I want to know. You have to tell me, tell the people out here.
Speaker 9: Understanding and knowing all you've been through, where all come from, what it took, the megatin, the NFL, the struggles having to lead a game early, What this night means to you.
Speaker 1: It's kind of interesting, Oakes, because I never wanted to be in the Hall of Fame. I never expected to be in the Hall of Fame. This is not something I asked for. This is not something I wished for. This is not something I prayed for, because when I left the game, the only thing anybody ever talked about is what I didn't do. Now, I'm okay with that, I am I'm okay with what I put on film. I'm okay with that. But so I never had any expectations. This is not like Christmas to where you know, you want a skateboard, or you want a bike, or you want to compair Jordan's.
Speaker 3: This isn't like that.
Speaker 1: So for me today is kind of interestingly surreal because I didn't want this.
Speaker 3: This is not something I wished on myself.
Speaker 1: But you know, being there and seeing my friends that are in the Hall of Fame that were more excited than seemed like I am right now, but they were genuinely happy. My good friend Tero owens. I hope I'm not. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by putting Taro's business in the street.
Speaker 3: But too crop, t.
Speaker 1: O and I go way way way back to the before he even got in the lead, and he was so happy for me that he and I had about a good forty five second moment to where we just kind of we kind of got wrapped up in each other and the history and the time and all that. So it's it's been a really good day, Oach. But let me tell you, I haven't gotten there yet. It's gonna take a little more time to get there. Yeah, congratulations, thank you, Thank you. Listens, and I know thank's been a long time since you've seen that guy speechless.
Speaker 3: So you know your little brother loves you, man, Yes he does.
Speaker 11: When he talks about you, he talks about the man that the only man that he's ever hoped to be to measure up to because he knows he couldn't do it. And anybody that knows you, and anybody knows him knows how he feels about you, me personally.
Speaker 3: You know how much love I've always had for you.
Speaker 11: Get some tissue that up here for those of you who might be too young to remember. We religiously talk about Jerry Rice being the greatest receiver in NFL history.
Speaker 3: Those who know football before t O before Andy Moss.
Speaker 11: We would all mention him because he was that sensational of a wide receiver.
Speaker 3: He was big time.
Speaker 11: And so to them watch you transition into the business before your brother did. You did a hell of a job talking the game of football, teaching the game of football, working with cats in the industry is showing us the way as well, and had that pedig. There's so many people that followed that played in the NFL and now doing television. You were doing it before most and you were doing exceptionally well. And so for me to see you have this day, thank you, Thank you. It is well deserved and I'm just happy for you. It's long overdue, but it's here. Congratulations, glegulations.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is why I get so emotional, and people ask why, I say, because I had GPS to get to where I'm going because I had to follow him. You see, he did what he did with no navigational system. He had no map Quest, he had no Google, he had no instruction on manual. I had all of that because I got to walk in his footsteps. A lot of what I learned, almost everything that I learned, I learned from him. My grandfather was very very hard on my brother, and I didn't understand why until my grandmother said, Barney, why are you so hard on Spanky?
Speaker 3: That's what we call him.
Speaker 2: He said, Mary, everything that little one is going to learn, he's going to learn it from him. It's his job, because we're not going to be around Mary Long. It's his job to teach him how to build man. It's his job to teach Himright, I'm wrong, He's going to follow everything that he does.
Speaker 3: Because that's what he sees all the time. For my brother.
Speaker 2: To do what he's done with no guidance, with no instruction manual, to get to where he got to get me to where I got. You guys that heard me say, the only man I've ever wanted to be was him. He was my hero, He was my role model. He taught me to shoot a basketball. He taught me to throw a football, he taught me how to catch, he taught me how to tie my shoes. I'm not the man that's sitting before you today. I watched everything that he did. I hung on everything that he said. And then you heard me tell the story that he's only three years older than I, but he's more like my father. My sister's eight years older. She's more like my mother because everything that they did was what a mother and a father would do for a child.
Speaker 3: I'm not here. I'm not the man that I am. I'm not the person that I am. I'm not the friend that I am. I'm not the father that I am.
Speaker 2: Without seeing how he did things, he's we're brothers. Were a lot of light, but we're very different because I've always had to fight. Everything came so easy to him. I was so small. They called me pee wee, and I just I could never understood. I never understood why I couldn't beat him in certain things. He was always prouder of things that I did as opposed to what he accomplished. He was much more happy when I got drafted than he did. He would first pick in the seventh round. I mean first the seventh pick in the first round. I went to seventh round, one ninety two. He was so excited. He would just call and say, I mean he just.
Speaker 3: Mad.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't know what this moment means, not just to our family. My mom is going to be extremely excited. I'm extremely excited. Our high school coach who coached my mom, who also coached here, and I but this is a and God heard prayers. I didn't even know he was listening to. There'll be a time that you and I have a conversation. We'll talk mapping everything out, guests that you want to bring, and the party and the entertainment that you want.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: I said it before. We'll give every die take myself out of the hall just for you to be in. I measured my life in summers. I don't say years, say I figure I pretty got hopefully pretty healthy, got twenty twenty summers left.
Speaker 3: I'm good now, I'm good. I love you. There's only two.
Speaker 2: Men guys I've ever told that I love my son, my brother. It was so hard to keep this a secret.
Speaker 3: Stephen Ay. When I got the call.
Speaker 2: And I had to get him to come to my home, and they wanted to go do it in Glenville.
Speaker 3: I said, Bro, I hadn't been to Glenville in thirteen years.
Speaker 2: He gonna know something up if I tell him to come down there so I can lure him to the house.
Speaker 3: Still, he hadn't seen me in my home in six years.
Speaker 2: So if I call and I tell him to meet me somewhere, he's gonna think something wrong.
Speaker 3: Like Bro, Bro, He's like, what's what's up? I said, Man, this come to the house. Is like, I'm in town. He's like, you all right? Said yeah, Bro, I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 2: I just you know I'm in town and you know you close by. And he had surgery on his eye. He had a detachment ret now he had a bubble place in his eye. Almost lost the vision in design about three months ago and said he had some blurred vision and design. And he went to the doctor and the doctor said, we got to perform surgery. They couldn't perform surgery that afternoon because he had already eaten, so they got him in the next morning. So that's what we've been dealing with. Had a lot on my plate dealing with that because I worry. I'm the worry of the family. I think that's my responsibility now. But bro, I'm so happy. I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 3: I'm getting there.
Speaker 1: It's it's hard to explain because you don't want to put your emotions on someone else. But you know, and I think that the easiest way to explain it is we've all experienced. I think Christmas, you have a list and you're hoping that you could get two, three, or four of those things.
Speaker 3: I never wished for this.
Speaker 1: I never wanted this, and I said it tonight out loud for the first time, and the reporter was like, what do you mean you never I'm like, man, you don't understand. I only wanted to do one thing, and that was play. I didn't want to be an All pro or a pro bowler or all that. I just wanted to play. And I got to do that for seven years and I'm good. And then the Hall of Fame comes around and they're like, okay, you've been out five years. You know Sterling Sharp is on the list of twenty five. You know it would be he would be a shoe in if he played longer. But they never talked about what I did, and I was like, if it wasn't enough, wasn't enough.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: I slept real good before I found out I was going to the Hall of Frame, and I slept good after finding out. But but I really didn't have any any aspirations on wanting this. It is a tremendous honor. I know exactly what that means. I went through it with him, and that was the greatest athletic achievement of my entire life, was going on that journey with him through the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Me going in will not exceed when he went in. It won't do it. It's not going to come close.
Speaker 1: That was probably the happiest I'd ever been because I knew where he came from, going to Savannah State a college.
Speaker 3: He said he wasn't going to go.
Speaker 1: That's one of the times that I told him what he was going to do, so I knew how hard he fought. And I mean, there's not a lot of opportunities for us in sports to where I know what stephen A's journey was like to get here, or I know what Chad's journey was like to get here.
Speaker 3: I know what his journey was like.
Speaker 1: All my prayers were for him. I'll embarrass him about one story. I paid all his bills he was in the NFL. I paid all his bills until my daughter was born, because that was that was mine, because I wanted him to always have better than what I had. He had a Mercedes before I did. He couldn't afford one, but he was driving one. And then he wanted to go to a beach party and he drove my new one and wrecked it. Jok yard junk Yeah, that's what he said, I junk yard, you carve dog?
Speaker 3: Wait what?
Speaker 1: So so you have to understand that that we are. We're brothers, but we are We're one side of the same coin. We'll say different things differently, and we'll do different things differently, but we think alike. And God is truly you know. And I will tell you this story, and I'm gonna be quiet. A guy said to me, if you go into Hall of Fame, are you going to do like everybody else? And thank God? Because you think God wanted you to be a hall of famer. If there is a God, and I said this, I said, my own brother stood up and said, if you would have played longer, there's no question in my mind that we would be the first brothers in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: That was in twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: Since he said that I have not had one catch, I have not gained one yard, and I have not scored one touchdown. And we are the first brothers in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. So you tell me, if there's a God and I should give him some glory, and so you know for me that that is what I'm I'm I'm probably most proud of. Is everybody used to say, you know, Shannon, stop trying to be like him. You can't be like him, Shannon. Stop trying to do what he does. Shannon, you can't do what he does.
Speaker 3: Shannon.
Speaker 1: Stop trying to imitate him. Shannon, be you, old man, Shannon. I am so happy to say he didn't follow me around. I followed him.
Speaker 2: Class of twenty twenty five Pro Football Hall of Famer Stirley Sharp.
Speaker 6: Joining us now Night Cap, Michael Pittman Junior, Sirs.
Speaker 3: Frumbling around here here we go. How you doing good?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 2: Congratulations on a great season individually, not the season that you wanted to have team wise. What do you guys need to do in order to have success when you're in the playoffs and you're contending for a championship.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean that's a really really tough question.
Speaker 8: But uh wait wait wait wait wait, be honest, anything correct?
Speaker 3: Not here?
Speaker 13: Okay, okay me straight up, like we in the Bober shop now, all right, So.
Speaker 12: We have to have those tough conversations as you know, like just like as men, right, and and we need to call guys up right, like just like not like calling them out, I just like call them up to to like we expect more. Yeah, and and that starts with everybody, like that starts with me, That starts with every single person.
Speaker 3: And uh, we just got to find.
Speaker 12: Ways to close that gap because there's so many games that like, you know, like just that we were so closed and we just let it slip.
Speaker 8: Now, I got a question now you you speak about that gap, right, And obviously everyone's goal at the beginning of the season is you want to compete to be in San Francisco this year coming up next year. Obviously, what gaps do you think need to be filled in from an acquisition standpoint, offensively or defensively that can help you guys get to that end goal.
Speaker 12: Honestly, I think that we have a lot of our core guys, right, and like before I can focus on anybody else, like I got to focus on everything that I got to do, Like I didn't have my best season. I mean, now there are some things that happened, but just like focusing like all myself, like I have to do things to produce in any type of situation in jury, like just like you know, just like guys are like.
Speaker 3: Out there hurt too. Right, There was a lot made of the situation.
Speaker 2: I think it was the Texans game on your quarterback scrambled. He ended up taking himself out of the game. I guess there was a team meeting. There were conversations that were had. The coach ended up benching in for a couple of games. We couple he got bitched one game, a couple of games, and then I think black oldfield in or whomever came in for what was those conversations Like, because I'm telling you, as a player that been in the locker room has been a leader that's frowned upon when we feel a guy left us out there to drive because the one thing it's kind of like we adopted.
Speaker 3: There's nothing compared to the military.
Speaker 2: So military folks, don't get me wrong, but it's like we leave no man behind. Is that we're out here together. We're gonna fight together, we're gonna win together, we're gonna lose together. But the one thing we're not gonna do is lead the other guys behind. What was that conversation that you had to have with your quarterback because I believe he's gonna be there for an extended period of time, Michael Pilman Junior, and you know you guys are going to need him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we had a so we actually had all of our team, so all of our team leaders from every single position group, and we kind of had an hour long meeting and we talked about everything, like it wasn't just centered around now like it was every everybody. But I think that was a good learning experience for him to know that that is not the standard and that he can't do that and stuff like that. So it's all just learning. And I think that he handled that period of time well because everybody was like a crashing on them, right, So we saw him show up earlier, We saw him put in more work and like kind of do the things necessary to kind of earn everybody's trust.
Speaker 3: That I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that did you notice the different from that time but before that to the time that happened to after that, did you notice a noticeable improvement any absolutely, like like from like just like after that benching, I felt like he came out and he really was playing a lot better.
Speaker 3: You know, I got a question people at home, people that are watching.
Speaker 8: We always get to see the finished product, right, the finished product of a player on what they do you get to see them on Sundays. What do you think you need to work on on as far as your game is concerned, and how you can better being a better receiver?
Speaker 3: Yea, I know you're not where you want to be. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 12: I think that my next step is being able to recognize coverage and at a level that a quarterback can, right, because like I mean, like I can see coverage, but but like I see like half of the field, right, and and I'm not as good as like a like just like a Patrick Mahomes obviously, because like he can read the entire field and right quickly.
Speaker 3: So just getting like to that point.
Speaker 13: Yeah yeah, an anytime before you go anytime, if you get to that point, the game slows down tremendously, no matter how many bluffs, no matter how many disguises they do, you already know what's coming based off tennessees and down in distance.
Speaker 3: But when you get to that point where you go love it. Yeah, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: When you go outside and you line up, are you looking across the field at the other side to see what's going on over there?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 12: So so well, I mean I'm really focused on corners, the nickel safe okay, right right, And and then like if it's corner backer safety, like if it's nickel dime or like if that backers like are like mugged up, like it's gonna be pressure. But rarely do I ever get to scan the whole field because like I'm thinking about hey, like I'm gonna give them like right here, he brings his hands up, like I'm gonna do this if that doesn't work, and I gotta do that.
Speaker 2: So let mesh you a question, Like we broke it down, okay, down in distance area of the field for who they have on the field, and it would dictate kunt of the coverage. Now they might switch it up, but down in distance where we on the field, we know eighty five percent of the time they like to run this down in justice area of the field where we are. We backed up, we had midfield, were in plus territory. We're in the red zone. So that gave me a little bit of an insight. Now I was different because I learned as a tight end. Because I'm looking at for I'm looking at trucks. They're gonna play certain fronts, they're gonna play certain coverage just behind certain front Now you're not really looking at that.
Speaker 3: So now if I just if you.
Speaker 2: Like take a look back, like, okay, they got four down line, but okay, blah blah blah, they got they're playing nickel four two five, Okay, they playing they're playing dime, they're playing for one six.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: It'll give you a chip, it'll give you a hand up of what the potentially not always don't go chasing ghosts, but you'll have an extra just that extra step and you know sometime a half an it all it takes between you being open. Oh yeah, yeah that's all. Yeah, yeah, definitely thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So what you're doing down from Super Bowl? What are you promoted? Yeah? So I'm here with Toyota.
Speaker 12: I've actually been working with them for a whole year now, So we're down here supporting the future generation of athletes. And then they also have something for fans here and the Super Bowl experience where they can go sit in cars with Team Toyota athletes. So like, just like it's a really cool deal.
Speaker 2: That's dope. That's dope. Hey, Michael, appreciate you. Tell your dad to say hello. Absolutely, glad you're doing well. Band congratulation continues to says, oh, and good luck next year, man, hey, better when the Colts in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: Jayde Daniels, who's going to be the runaway rookie the other year after an outstanding season, he did something very very unique that very few rookies have ever done. He's led his team to two road playoff wins, as did the facto leader. He wasn't relying on his defense. They put a lot on his plate and he ate everything. I expect to see big things from this young man in the future. Congratulations on a great Seaton and Jayden, when you look at what you've done, the expectations now you have to improve and build on what you've done. You can't become complacent for sure, because you understand what is expected of you now only because they're talking about Man.
Speaker 3: This guy, who's to say he's not a top five quarterback.
Speaker 2: As we sit here and speak currently, what does Jade and Daniels need to do to improve to make sure this year wasn't a fluke?
Speaker 3: Man. I just think, like you said, the only make complacent.
Speaker 5: And I think the veterans that I had, like one person I really lean on a lot as Bobby Wagoner wags.
Speaker 3: So that's my that's my guy. Man.
Speaker 5: We have conversations and he just teaching me a little things. I remember like it shout out to him. I remember like we played a couple of games and that road again, we'll get back late, you know, you tired and everything, and he pulled me aside like, man, let's go get let's go get these tubs. So we were up there at like three o'clock in the morning making sure your body's back right.
Speaker 3: But just little stuff like that is like never thinking that you know too much.
Speaker 5: There's always room to grow, So I mean outside you always get better technically and stuff like that. It's a blessing. I get to be in the system that I was in Cliff for another year. Yes, so I can improve on that within that system, but just learning how to be a pro.
Speaker 3: You know, it's my first full all.
Speaker 5: Season, so I was like, okay, I got to figure out have a schedule like this, Well, I'm gonna do this, my ramp up period, O TA stuff like that, and just always have.
Speaker 3: A hunger to get better.
Speaker 2: How do you block out the noise, because obviously there's gonna be a lot that comes along with what you've been able to do your quarterback in the NFL. We know what comes along with the most important position in all of pro sports. So now the endorsement is gonna come. Now more fame, more adulation, more praise. Everybody. Hey, come, what's up? Everybody freeing? Now everybody's a family member now. And as your mom saying, she's like, look, I know the women are coming. Hey, my son got a hole. I got one through that. I'm still throwing them all out the way. How do you keep level head and to understand that, Yes, I understand what comes along with it, James Daniels, but I don't get outside of who I am.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: I just think it comes, like you said, supports ism, mom, dad, like friends, family, everybody, knows me for me and it's not here like okay, let me ride his hotel and stuff like that. So that's a big part. But also it's a time to play for everything. It's gonna be a time to have fun. It's gonna be a time to go out there and party, you know, make some money, do this, that and the third.
Speaker 3: But the main thing, man, none of this happened.
Speaker 5: You don't ball on the field, So that's the main thing, Like how do I get better to continue to success? And knowing like all right, first year is that like everybody gonna have a full all season to watch it fiel for year two. So it's like, man, I got to improve on different things and get better myself.
Speaker 9: Listen when you talk about that improvement, right, you guys were able to make the NFC Championship. What pieces to the puzzle do you think you get? You guys need to add to make your job a little easier. So the bulk or the weight of getting things done isn't always on your shoulders.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I think for us it's like if you look at I think I've seen something. We got like twenty some free agents like that on the team, So I mean we gotta we gotta go. We got fact so I think overall, just in general, man, we gotta we gotta get some people, and we got bring people back.
Speaker 3: But I feels on my job, man, My job is to get better.
Speaker 5: Whatever they bring in, we hold them to this standard that we set with DQ and them set and I let the front office do what theyre doing.
Speaker 3: Go to the stage right.
Speaker 2: Now, is the San Francisco forty nine US All Pro linebacker, one of the best defensive players in all the football Fred Water?
Speaker 3: What happened this year?
Speaker 2: Because you got y'all, you guys were in this situation us last year. This year some injuries. What happened?
Speaker 3: What does the forty nine ers need to do to get back in this position? And what happened this year?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean everybody talks about the injuries, right, I think it just when you go, when you go through the whole year, things just unraveled at the exact wrong time.
Speaker 3: I think you call it. Right. We thought we had a chance to really get back on track mid season.
Speaker 14: We get Christian back, right, you know, we win a big game on the road against Buccaneers Buffalo. We think we can come bounce back off their bad game against Green Bay, he gets hurt. We lose guys on the d line, we lose TRMP and lose being like all these all these injuries kind of just happened at the wrong time, and we just weren't able to continue to compete at a high level. So we got to get back, man. We got to get back on track this off season, get guys healthy and get that get that dog back in us.
Speaker 8: Now, when you when you think about the off season, right and there are there any pieces, any acquisitions that you see fit that can help and Boaster and the defense side of the ball of the office, decide, are you.
Speaker 3: Are you happy with the core guys you guys have.
Speaker 14: I mean, I see Miles Garrett asking for a trade.
Speaker 3: He look, man, we were coumping it up at the Throw Bowl. Pay somewhere you want to. I don't know, man, I love my team.
Speaker 14: I love who we have, Right, you always look at for more, more pieces, you know, more improvement. Of course, you know we need improvement going in the next season, of course, based.
Speaker 3: On the season we have. But I love everybody that we got in our locker room.
Speaker 14: It's gonna take everybody just taking a look in the mirror and just taking that next step, go on the next season.
Speaker 3: The volume