Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, Today's Whine About It Thursday Therapy. We've got Devin Simone and Laura Jacobs match Me and Miami now streaming on Rocus. So they're both matchmakers. Laura is actually pregnant with her second set of twins and Devin Simone just got married. But they are matchmakers and their new show MATCHMDE in Miami is basically the modern matchmaking in one of the most exciting cities for singles, The Miami Matchmaker Agencies finds their clients a real love and it is streaming now on Rocus. Let's get them on and talk all about matchmaking. Hey, Hey, how are you?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 4: Good? How are ye?
Speaker 2: I'm good? You doing good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pregnant like you. How many weeks? Say, I'm twenty one, you're twenty one?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm Sam twenty three weeks? Yeah, And I just like I was talking to a friend the other day, I'm at the point where I'm like, I'm already so they done? Like over is that? I'm just like, horo, Am I gonna go another? However many weeks?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: And it's just and I don't know. I don't know if you've I feel like I can't complain because I heard that you're pregnant with twins. So that's just a whole other level of like in.
Speaker 4: The second time.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm like, I is that does that run in the family? Was that a did you do IVF?
Speaker 1: Or is that just like A no, it's it's all natural and I don't have a history but in my family, but clearly the doctors are now like you hyperovulate, like you need to be careful after this because like as you get old I'm already thirty six, and as you get older, and.
Speaker 4: They're like, we don't want you to get pregnant again and for it to be triplets and kill you. I'm like totally like I'm done after this.
Speaker 1: But it's all four boys, So everyone's like, oh, did you if? I'm like, I would never do IVF to get four of the same gender.
Speaker 4: But love y'all.
Speaker 2: Oh, So then so then you're hey, Devin, how are you hi? Nice to see too, honey? Wait, so then you you you're done then after this, because it's like if there's a chance that like you would do triplets, like you're just going in strong with the boy.
Speaker 1: I can't do another multiple pregnancy, but it's your third one, right, so I feel like it's it's hard. I think like it's hard for you too when you're when you've done pregnancy before.
Speaker 4: I'm over it too. I'm like, how am I gonna make it till November? Like?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I don't like. I think it's one of those things where I was struggling. I was talking to my fan say yesterday about it. I'm like, I didn't really experience this in my first two, but I'm like, weirdly having this like depression, and I'm like, I've never I never experienced that in my previous pregnancy, so i'd me too.
Speaker 1: So you're having the same, Yeah, I definitely I didn't have it in my first at all. And I feel I have like low days or I'm like, what's wrong, I'm like nothing. And I do think it's it's a little bit of like perinatal just like depression, slash over it, slash. I think it's hard to be pregnant in summer too. I've never been pregnant in summer. I don't know about you, and so I just didn't realize this season would be like so hot and you can't do anything fun, can't have an operall sprints on a boat, like I don't know, it's it's just like a boring sense of boring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I totally hear you on that. And it's also like like I'm still like I'm just nauseous throughout the entire day and it's just like that that piece too. I'm just like, I'm sick of feeling nauseous. I don't know if that's like leading into my depression or if it's like you know, the hormones or I just I have never experienced. And I'm like, I'm so happy.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy. Yeah, I have hyperaemesis like you too.
Speaker 1: I read you had it, and I'm oh, I haven't had the same have the same thing, and it's yeah, it's yours.
Speaker 4: I get sick of it too. You're just like I'm so done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Devin, Do you have kids?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: Just a dog and that is enough for us. Are you so?
Speaker 2: How long have you been?
Speaker 3: Are?
Speaker 2: Because you're married?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, we got married last month actually going out honeymoon Sunday. Yeah, you're no kid zone where we're going in Africa. We're going across four countries to follow the Great Migration.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's amazing. That's gonna be so fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're excited, are you guys? I know, no kid trained for forever or is it right now?
Speaker 3: It's probably eighty percent forever. I feel like Laura has a nut is taking that that task on for I can live vicariously through Laura. Anything can change, like I'll probably freeze my eggs when we get back in the honeymoon. But we both are pretty We live in New York. We enjoy the freedoms. So yeah, we like being the uncle and the auntie. No, I'm I'm scared you not to do it, Duvin. I mean, but yours actually were so well behaved and so cute. If anything, there was a moment that you sort of walked it back a little.
Speaker 4: Because yours are really cute.
Speaker 3: And we like kids. I just I our lifestyles are such like I'm in La right now for work, and we both just travel a lot and do a lot, and we really love that when we love our careers. And you know, for your parents, we'd be amazing parents and give everything and I have so much respect for you guys. I just know that I don't multi.
Speaker 4: Test that well so do I.
Speaker 3: You know, we're good being able to give what we have to each other, to our careers, to our dog, and you know, but anything's possible. I also said I'd never do reality TV once, and well look at where that got me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I think it's great though, that you're like, you don't like, you know that twenty percent or whatever it is that you're like maybe the fact that you're like, Okay, well, let's be proactive and do the eggs because you don't want to get to a place, especially obviously for women where we're like, oh it's too late now, and like to then to be met with that like that would be because you just never no, like yeah, exactly like you said you're never going to do this and then here you are, you know, doing X. So you know, I think that's I think that's very proactive and very boss of you.
Speaker 3: So I love that. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Here's my little like admitting this. I was like so close to getting a matchmaker, like right before I met my fiance, because it's like, you know, you've got the app.
Speaker 1: Could you talk to Patty because I work for one of her, like Shell Companies, work with them, and they told me Erica who works with Patty. She's like, hey, by the way, Joanna Kramer is single, if you have anybody for her?
Speaker 4: And I was like, yeah, I might. That's amazing, and so I was like, gonna help with that if you actually signed on. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I I never officially signed out, And I was always just like, Patti, if you know anyone like you kind of know me, like ish like if there's someone that comes out because I for some reason, I didn't pull the trigger because I'm like, I don't know, I don't know why, and maybe we can talk about like maybe the stigma behind like matchmaking. But it made me go like, like, what guy really signs up to like be matchmaked and or you know, to have a matchmaker and like and so it just felt it felt weird and I'm like, are they really going to, you know, get the guy that I like? I don't know. I just so I just I never really like dove head into it because it just again I don't I don't know the full piece and like why But I'm like are these cool? Like like what are they like they're kind of guy. Well yeah, so, but I mean, what do you think is like the biggest stigma around matchmaking.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that a lot of people, men and women, like whenever I'm talking to a new client, unless they've you know, done it before and they enjoyed the if they've never worked with a matchmaker, the first comment always is like, oh, but I mean, but I can get women on my own.
Speaker 4: Especially if it's a guy.
Speaker 1: The egos like comes right up there and they're like, you know, I don't have a problem with that, and we're like, yeah, none of our clients have a problem with getting women. We're trying to find you the one. It's a different type of search, you know. And then I don't know, women don't seem to have as much of a stigma around it from what I've seen, but it's it is definitely. I think matching female clients is harder because, as you said, like we can match you with a male client, another paying male client, which is great, but the guys who are in like the free database, it's hard to get them motivated. Like I've definitely had issues where like, you know, I'll have a beautiful female paying client and I'm like, great, like you'll go out with her, and then they like, don't put a ton of effort into planning the date, and I'm trying to intervene, and like then the girls complain.
Speaker 3: It depends on the city about that, because in New York we work with a lot of female clients, right so, and you know, in currently matching across twelve different cities in the country, the vibes are very different for the different graphics. Like San Francisco is very different than Chicago. It's very different than Miami, which is very different than New York. And we have a lot of success in general. I've seen a lot of success with guys in the database. I actually just moved into a new apartment building that we love and it was recommended by a former client of mine who just moved in with her match or he moved in with her, and he was in the database. She was a client, and she's educated and talented and beautiful as is he. And they're already talking marriage Like they'll probably be engaged, you know, by the end of the year. I think as far as like the stigma goes, it's the same thing as getting an uber or ordering in food ordering in food doesn't automatically mean you can't cook. Now you maybe you can't cook, but that's not the assumption made. Or going out to a restaurant doesn't mean you can't cook. It just means you realize that you'd rather have an expert do it. Or maybe they make this dish that's amazing, or maybe you've tried to make it and it doesn't quite come out exactly the way that you know the Michelin star chef would make it, or maybe you don't feel like driving, So it's sort of the same thing. And I think matchmaking is really having a resurgence, which is cool because people are realizing that, and especially younger people men and women that like, look, if you're busy with your career, if you're doing all the things, then let Laura and I do it, Like let an expert where this week can sleep and breathe this do it. And also what's cool, like a good matchmaker is proactive. There are amazing exceptional guys in the database. They're exceptional guys who utilize a matchmaker. One of our clients that you get to see on the show, which is just a small sampling of who we work with because most of the time matchmaking is very confidential. So shout out to our team as a whole being able to find clients who also were willing to share a very personal part of their lives show it was like so hard and so shout out to them. But even like Don is a really great guy, Like Don was is a you know, an active dad. He's smart, he's accomplished, and he didn't have a problem getting women. He just kept going for the wrong type. So we had to like work through that. But makes a really great partner and you know, so yeah, I think sometimes overthinking things is how we get in our own way about anything in life, and especially the really important thing. Sometimes you just have to take the leap, especially when you feel like you've continued to do it a certain way and you're not getting the results that you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean those apps, I'm like, you know, I was on Riah for like a little bit, and you know, just like going through there, I'm just like, I mean, okay, you know it was like Australia like all these places, and this is just like I mean, I ended up.
Speaker 1: I was when I was single. It's it's terrible, Like I was on it. I feel like literally seven years. But when I was single, I was on RIAH and I met a ton of people on there. None of them turned into our romantic connection, not even what and I just couldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, this app is just like who's cooler than who?
Speaker 1: It was just a felt like every guy I met on there was just like, so I play in the NFL, or like, oh, obviously a celebrary. It's like I get it, You're you're awesome, Like can we have a date or like I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like I felt like nobody know because I'm like I'm not going to be the first one to say something, so you know, then then no one just says so you like like each other, we like and then it's just sits there. And then I'm like, well this is okay. I'm I'm on matching with you because now I'm just annoyed that like you don't even like reach out.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah totally.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so that's where it's like I like the matchmaking aspect because yeah, if you're busy, you're working, and it's like, you know, especially with like kids. It's like I was talking to one of my girlfriends this morning.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: She's like, I just don't really know when I'm even going to like meet someone. She's like, because I don't. She's like, I've got my daughter, you know, with work, and it's like I'm tired by the end of the day. I don't want to go to a bar or you know. It's just like I love the cute meet cute, but like how and where?
Speaker 3: You know, so I think this cure is so annoying by the way, and unrealistic, like the meat the relationship. Cute should be the goal, right, like by the way, any matching story and however you meet your person becomes cute when you guys have a healthy relationship, like realistically, like when you guys are happy and in love and they're toasting at your wedding.
Speaker 4: Then however you met.
Speaker 3: Whether it's the emergency room, a dating app, a matchmaker, and suddenly cute. It's only not cute when it doesn't work. But if you're limiting yourself because you are hoping about like caring so much about how it's going to be perceived, yes right by like other people or what, then you've lost the plot and then you're not focusing on the things that ultimately matter in terms of what you need for your partner to make you a relationship happy and healthy.
Speaker 2: For sure, I have one thousand percent agree with you. And my fiance and I were actually just talking. He was like I was doing an interview and I'm like, yeah, he's slid into my DMS. He's like, oh, He's like I don't like it when you say that, and I'm like, why is because it just sounds so like, you know, like, oh, I stood into your DMS. I'm like, it doesn't matter, Like this is like the new people do that all the time. I was like, DMS, you know what I mean. Yes, I'm like.
Speaker 4: It's for the goal, like he's the MVP of the game.
Speaker 2: I know, it's so fun. He thinks it's like sounds like douchey. I'm like, it's not, like that's just like how you know, like that's in one of the ways of finding people is you know, being like, hey, how are you? I think you look cool and like whatever. You seemed like a great mom, like awesome in Miami, though, I feel like there's like that's got to be fun. So I'm excited to watch the show on Roku because it just seems like there's a lot of beautiful people in Miami and there's a lot of you know, singles as well, So like, what is what is the advantage I guess of doing you know, of living in the city like that, Laurel' let you take the lead out.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like Miami has advantages and it has disadvantages. Yes, there's a ton of beautiful people, but a lot of them are just visiting. That's definitely an obstacle, and a lot of them are not super serious. But we find obviously that's our job to find the people that are serious about a relationship. But I mean, what you know, I live close to here, like an hour away, and I always tell my potential clients like, hey, I'm going to search for you in the outside areas too, Like I live in Delray Beach. More serious guys like where I met my fiance are in West Palm Beach del Rey. Like, don't ignore the outskirts because a lot of those guys really want a family and you can like live an hour from Miami and still have a great life. A lot of people are like, oh and I want to live like in the city. I'm like well, then you might meet a party guy like Don but he's reformed. But like you know, it's hard to find the serious people that they do exist.
Speaker 2: I was just I remember one of the things too, like before I almost jumped in with the matchmaking stuff. It is expensive, So like, what is like the success rate that you guys find from matchmaking? Because to invest like that amount of money, it's like, you know, you obviously can't like guarantee you're gonna find love, but like, is there a better success rate with that as opposed to like the countless hours of like being on a hinge or whatever.
Speaker 3: I understand the desire for like a guarantee and certainty, but the thing with love is right that there is no there's too many variables and moving parts. For us at the agency, we do guarantee you matches, which is why we don't take everyone on as a client. So we're selective and who we take on as clients based on your own criteria. So your must haves you tell us in the beginning. You know, you outline and in the show what's great is you get to see a part of this process and peak behind the curtains, but we find out what your mustabs are what your deal breakers are. And if there's anything we feel like is an absolute nogo or we just feel we'd be limiting in the amount of matches we can present to you, then we'll be very transparent about that and you can be in the free database, so you're guaranteed matches, guaranteed matches that fit within that criteria that are local to you. But then the love part comes down to your own chemistry and also your own openness, because the reality is, and I've seen this in my years of matchmaking, and I am sure Laura has to if you aren't doing the personal work, we can present you with the most amazing person, everything you ask for right in front of you, and you're still doing to f it up like you just are. If you're focused on the wrong things. And so you've got to do your part two and you're grown. We don't control you, so like you've got to trust in the process and we're here to support you. But if we take you on as a client, you can feel good knowing that we have your back. We are going to be proactive. You are guaranteed matches and we have.
Speaker 4: A lot of success.
Speaker 3: I mean, Laura and I've been doing this for a very long time, and the way we've continued to grow largely is just off of word of mouth refer like you know, people of people and clients who know clients, and so you know that says that that speaks volumes into what we do and how will it works for other people? Right?
Speaker 2: That makes sense?
Speaker 1: And when our clients are happy, like that's success in itself, you know, Like everyone defines success a bit differently. I mean, I have clients that have been working with me over two years that are so happy that love working with me. Now a lot of people would say, oh, it's cheers and they haven't found someone. Well, they're really happy. They're they're working through some stuff. Like this particular client I'm thinking of we just realized the other day, had like a breakthrough coaching session with him, and he's also a matchmaking client.
Speaker 4: He really tends to go for really avoidant women, Like after teers.
Speaker 1: Working with him, I'm like, I see the problem, Like you are only attracted to these women that like don't want you back, and when a woman really likes you, you're not interested. So how are we going to unravel that? And he's like, ugh, I know so, but you know what I mean. So it's like everyone has their own journey.
Speaker 2: There's therapy in this matchmaking too. I love yeah, absolutely, but I mean yeah. And then also, because you're gonna if you don't do the work on the other side of this, like, you're just going to be repeating. No matter if you guys find the better partner, you're still going to be repeating patterns that you haven't personally fixed.
Speaker 3: So I call that repeating third grade. It means you haven't learned the lesson yet. You're repeating third grade, and you're going to look up and your life will have moved forward in other aspects your career, your friends will have graduated, and you will be sitting at the desk in the third grade classroom with missus Schneider. I don't know where I got that name from, because you haven't learned the lesson and you just keep repeating it, right.
Speaker 2: Is there something when you're meeting with a client and they're like, you're surprised by maybe this the know that people like if they're like, I don't want them to X, Y, and Z, Like can you be so specific like that? In like your quest to find someone and then like, are you ever shocked by like what some people might say that they want or don't want.
Speaker 4: I've had weird, very weird tell me, I need a girl that's into cosplay.
Speaker 1: I need to find a girl that, oh yeah, like she has to be into cosplayer, she has to be a gamer. We have to have like men get very focused on these common interests, which I'm like, I personally don't think that's that important, but you know, she has to golf and she has to play ten and if she doesn't, you know, we're gonna have nothing in common. And I'm like, you know, we try to coach them through, Like maybe that's holding you back, Like, but yeah, definitely weird requests all the time.
Speaker 3: I've had a lot of women that, yeah, that I've asked for you know, one, well, not a lot, but I've had some who've asked for multiple graduate degrees, someone who wanted to who went to a top forty school, but she didn't go to a top forty school herself. Like I'm all about like asking for certain things. Someone who's five to one but only within six or five and above? Can you even see up that high? Like no matter what she's like, why we're heels cool, but you're wearing Lady Gaga level stage performance heels. He's still gonna be taller for you, like you know, he doesn't need to be above six five, just all sorts of things. And when they hold on to that, usually there's a reason that they're overcorrecting for something oftentimes and particularly with women, but men too. And if they're still holding on to that even after we realize kind of what they are trying to protect themselves from, then to me, it's an indicator that maybe they're not ready for our level of like investment and work, because you're focused on the wrong things. Because at the end of the day, no one's getting divorced, you know, when the world ends, or when you're sick, or when you know you lovely ladies are pregnant. I'm sure there are days that don't feel so great. And when you want to support a partner a person there that extra inch of height isn't the thing that determines that he's a good partner. The third degree. I understand wanting a college education, but the third degree.
Speaker 4: Isn't the thing that's gonna determine like.
Speaker 3: If he's a good partner for you, it's his growth mindset, it's how committed he is, it's you know, his ability to communicate and listen, and those should be moved up on the priority list because those are you can do a lot with that.
Speaker 2: So true. So what can people expect when they watch the show on Roku? Like what is something that like? Because we want, you know, obviously the listeners to all go and watch like it's obviously entertaining, but like, what's something else that they're going to be able to get from it?
Speaker 3: Clothes, drama, fashion, fun, laughs, a bunch of side eyes of me and Laura looking at each other being like did that just happen? Yeah? Relatable dating stories, people being really vulnerable and sharing their stories, not only from the team but also from I mean we really had shout out to our not only our matchmaking team, but also because it is a show, even the casting team, and being able to find and really great people who were so generous with sharing their vulnerabilities and what they're going through. It's just really relatable and real, which is what Laura and I really wanted to be able to share.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. And then how do you how would you get on like a free database? Because someone's like I don't really know if I want to like jump in to the matchmaking piece of it, but like I'd like to be in the database to be considered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just made a guide for this specifically for people. Yeah, so it's in my link in Insta bio. But yeah, all you do, you click on the link, you sign up. It's confidential. Only the matchmakers see it. The biggest thing is like filling out a fully filled out profile. A lot of people they put one picture and like two things about them, and I'm like, oh, oh my god, you know, and sometimes if they look really great from that, I will text or call them and be like, hey, I think I have a match for you. Can you fill out your profile more? But honestly, a lot of the time we're busy, I'm I'm going to pass on it. So the best thing to do is like put five pictures, fully fill out your profile and bio, you know, because like it's more of a chance that we're going to call you and we're gonna want to match you with a premium member.
Speaker 2: Love that all right? Awesome, Well, girls, thank you so much for coming on the show. I cannot wait to see y'all show and yeah, have an amazing time in your honeymoon, and girl, I'll be cheering you on from over here as well.
Speaker 3: Just we got this.
Speaker 4: All right, last time for you two.
Speaker 2: I will have her take out any organ possible, to never.
Speaker 4: Take any possible, Like do you want me to tie your tubes upon delivery? I'm like, what do you think? He's like, Okay, yeah, I'm like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like take it all. I don't even like just just have it all. Just here you go, I'm done. I didn't even think I could get pregnant again, so it was kind of like a oh my gosh, you know. And I'm a lot older too than than you, Laura, so I was just like a shot.
Speaker 4: No, you're not, You're like years older.
Speaker 2: But I mean, like I thought I would be, you know, on my fortieth birthday, you know, like on a private island with my girlfriend's fireworks, round table dance, and like I've been planning this since I was like thirty pretty much years old, and I'm like, okay, God, like my my due date is like on my birthday. So I was like, cute, It's super cute. Wow, even though I'm gonna have a sea section, so it'll be the week before. So I'm like, all right, but I'll still be fortieth birthday like in my like granny panties. But yes, such a gift. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: But I bottle service, Jannet.
Speaker 2: So I was like, all right, fifty fifty is going to be a blowout.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's going to be your year.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, but all right, girls, you're awesome. Thank you so much, Thank you Bye girls, see you