Speaker 1: Hi, Scott, Welcome to another episode of.
Speaker 2: Farm Land, Fresh Daaries Present serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is serial Killers.
Speaker 2: God, I feel like my mom. I'm wearing the same shirt a week later, saying.
Speaker 1: What you know is that a phrase?
Speaker 2: No? I just every time I go visit my parents, my mom's literally wearing the same gray shirt. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Maybe she bought them in bulk. No, and now she just has a bunch of gray shirts.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure she takes it off at night and puts it on the chair and forgot and just puts it back on.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, so it seems like a story baby for bullshit.
Speaker 2: Let's think about Welcome to Serial Killers. It's Monday. That means it's a brand new episode.
Speaker 1: Brand new.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's also kind of silly because it's not like we ever put reruns on. So anytime you hear something new, it's new.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, doesn't that make sense? Now? In the last episode, I promise that we would try something that I found at the shop right on the end cap. Okay, Okay, so I saw this and I was like, wait a minute, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, with that epic tease.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was on the end cap of the cereal aisle.
Speaker 1: You keep saying end cap as if I'm supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Like, who score Rula loot coppers?
Speaker 1: And then so you could be like, oh, you are so dumb it end cap is so do it?
Speaker 2: No, I'm guessing you know what it is. I never I never even said anything.
Speaker 1: It's whatever it means. It's about to go out right, No, not at all, And then I guess he'll be you idiot, so dumb? How coulds you you do the Cereal podcast? Idiot?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, end caps have nothing to do with cereal.
Speaker 1: Isn't it like the products that are like about to go? No, sir, they're like the newest ones because it's right when you enter the aisle.
Speaker 2: Not usually it's generally it's something that is a featured on sale item okay, or sometimes new yes, in this case new I love. But usually when I'm sorry, Usually when grocery stores have promotions or sales or whatnot, or there are things on sale in the weekly circular, they put them on the end caps at the front of each aisle. That's that's what that is. It's the front. It's the section in between the two aisles in the front of the aisle. It's like, look at the long run. That's what that is.
Speaker 1: Look at me, look at me, look at me? Yeah, look at me. So this was on the look at me section is a lot of chaotic energy.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? I don't even know what to do with this? Are you ready? From Thomas's? From Thomas's Andrew think, God, we didn't.
Speaker 1: Wait another week and are doing this episode right after we recorded the last one. Because those things I would think are mold and not.
Speaker 2: Fruit loops, Well, these are Thomas's mini bagels with fruit loops. Isn't that bananas?
Speaker 1: No, it's fruit loops. But I tell you, I wish that I brought my butter that I got from Whole Foods because it's this French butter.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't go.
Speaker 1: Yes, it would salty French butter.
Speaker 2: Trendy butter does not go with fruit loops bagels, that's what you say. But yeah, we're just gonna have one to rip it and a half because I gotta have lunch.
Speaker 1: Why don't we just you go? Well?
Speaker 2: Because I liked it, Wow, that's really interesting. I feel like it could be better. Warm though, what.
Speaker 1: It's like an assault on my senses.
Speaker 2: It's a strange combination. You totally taste a fruit lub. Right, we throw that out too.
Speaker 1: It's like a lemonee bagel.
Speaker 2: It's no. The aftertaste is not a weird aftertaste, not fun. Who tested this and said, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think they did it was Biff. Biff was like, that's CuO put it to myket.
Speaker 2: No, my guess is a two cans Sam. They're just assaulted people with his giant beak and they just did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't throw it out. He started pecking people. Cooper would love that.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can peck with that kind of beak. You can, that's not a pecking beak. Birds can peck, two can I don't think that that is a two can. Two cans don't peck peck. Two cans pack, They attack, assault, rip apart. I don't think two cans rip apart pecking beacause it's like a little robin or a cardinal or blue jay or something.
Speaker 1: Do two cans peck? If a two can is behaving aggressively, they will often resort to forceful pecking over biting. Yeah, look at that. They're scary.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: But pelicans are. They always are my number one in terms of terrifying fear.
Speaker 2: I have a gullet, right, how is it called a Mullet's the top? Gullet's over here, right?
Speaker 1: A mullet is a hairstyle.
Speaker 2: Then I used to have a ladies Okay, I did. I had the big long and I had a tail. Also. I wish you were around for those.
Speaker 1: It's terrifying. No, do you know that when a pelicans scoops a fish or something out of the terrifying When they scoop it out, do you know it has acid that it like slowly melts the thing apart in its stomach and.
Speaker 2: Stomach, so it'll swallow it.
Speaker 1: It'll swallow it like the fish, and then the fish basically disintegrate from the stomach, ashes the bones. But it's like swallowed alive.
Speaker 2: And I love watching them dive down. It's like they're gagging, but then they just swallow it.
Speaker 1: Terrifying. I am. I am terrified of pelicans, Always have been, always will be.
Speaker 2: Thank you Secret Squirrel Joel for pointing out the fact that Guescadian Farm has many cookies and cream Oh fun oka free Mmmm. We've done the we did the fruitfuls one we.
Speaker 1: Did, yeah, and I said they taste like bery Berry kicks, And you said, that's it possible.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not impossible, but it wouldn't to me. It does now, I'm telling you, if you think back, we've had these before, but it's not anywhere to be found at serial killers pc dot com.
Speaker 1: I have this wonderful spotlight on me. Oh damn, Spotlight's fun.
Speaker 2: You gotta remember, though, if you were saying Andrew was referring to watching us on YouTube, because.
Speaker 1: Hopefully I put this kiddy, you ups this fight, Okay, yell that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're like eighteen videos behind.
Speaker 1: I'm like five eighteen five.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a nice poor there's small. These are small again. These are probably more like an ice cream topping, just like do you remember the the uh Lucky Charms and Cinnamato's crime Yeah, minis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and didn't they put those in little bags too that I do not recall. They made them like snack pack size.
Speaker 2: So anyway, that's General Mills's brand, Cascadian Farm.
Speaker 1: I just really love that they have, Like, hey, you don't know that this is General Mills.
Speaker 2: Well you do? From the box top. I mean, I do from the box top so farmland fresh Dairyes, whole milk. Look at that.
Speaker 1: Delicious.
Speaker 2: It's fresh for two weeks.
Speaker 1: It expires on my sister's birthday, eight thirteenth.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that's going to be past this already, so it's already expired. So that's why I didn't say the date. You need to learn about dating. So they're tiny, little, tiny little pellets. A bird would totally peck these cookies and cream. Nice flavor.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: It tastes like a kid cereal. It does.
Speaker 1: It tastes like a bland oreo Oh.
Speaker 2: If this was a more sugary kid cereal, the'd be more chocolate flavor to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna give us two bowls. It just doesn't have much flavor. I don't like it. There's too much vanilla or what it should be that I'm not getting cookies and cream for what it is.
Speaker 2: I'll give it three bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: I'm not a biggest fan.
Speaker 2: It's not a bad cereal there's it's just not sweet enough. But with cascading from you wouldn't expect very sweet. You know what you would do with these is you would kind of put these in a clear container for your kid and say that it's like, oh, it's oreo stuff, you know, and just lie to them. Oh, because if they see the healthy kind of box with the butterflies and stuff on it, are you gonna do like the hummingbirds a TikTok restock might do. Hey, guys, watch me take it out of the plastic and put it into a new plastic bin. Yeah, I'm gonna pull the wool over my kid's face.
Speaker 1: I absolutely hate those TikTok restocking videos.
Speaker 2: I don't always I don't even know what you're talking.
Speaker 1: People will literally take the milk and they have a plastic thing and pour the milk into it.
Speaker 2: Never understood that. Like I've said in passed, they'll take the cereal out of the box and put it into like no different, it's dumb, no, I know, Like in my house from from a previous inhabitant. You know, I've got like pasta containers with pasta in them. You know what comes in a box. Yeah, it's all you need.
Speaker 1: It's actually probably easier to store in a box. Yes, then it is a random plastic container.
Speaker 2: Also probably stays fresher in the packaging. It came in until you need it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also another thing I'm kind of been terrified about lately, and I don't if somebody please put my furiit ease. Microplastics.
Speaker 2: Oh that's been going on forever, and you're full of them right now.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm so scared.
Speaker 2: There's thousands of them. Menu you know what they look like? These, I'm so scared you'll be alright, like you.
Speaker 1: Have a full credit card size insiety you right now.
Speaker 2: Like right now, all jams up in your lungs and liver and stuff, tiny little, tiny little plastic.
Speaker 1: Well here's my question. Well, I guess now I answered my own question. What this didn't exist before plastic?
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, let's move on to the next cereal. I gave that three bowls in a spoon, So I mean I.
Speaker 1: Feel like they were I mean, what's the trade off, Like, I guess you don't have to sit by smoke and get like smoky lungs.
Speaker 2: Sure. Also that so our friend Elizabeth is back.
Speaker 1: Oh great, Jeff Blue.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Jeff Blue.
Speaker 1: Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: That's Kalia.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's Khalia.
Speaker 2: We still have a couple of her foreign cereals to do. When I said our friend, Elizabeth. I meant purely.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Look there she is on the back, Elizabeth, Liz, Liz. Hi, we have a friend named Liz. What's she doing? I have not spoken to her in Boca. What is going on with her?
Speaker 1: She's living in Boca, living the dream, loving life.
Speaker 2: Yeah with Dave.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, she has a pool.
Speaker 2: She gonna be in Las Vegas for the big festival. Probably hu I want to go, you know whatever. Responded to me.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you should just text her.
Speaker 2: Well, I said I would work it well, text her. Oh boy, look at the bag. Wow, Liz, the box as small as it is.
Speaker 1: Let me call you up, Liz.
Speaker 2: Well, tell you got to get a Just put this in a bag. At this point, most of their stuff is in bags. Just f y either. Granola is the cereal?
Speaker 1: I guess comes smell it through the This is actually going to taste good, though I shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Honey, peanut butter, super food cereal. You need some help there, You might need some super but don't, please don't. It's gonna go all over the place. Andrew Andrew Andrew Andrew, It's I can't for some reason, if it's reminded me of that the TV show opening What what sitcom was it? Where they're doing this and they it just goes all over the room. Come on, I could I can see it. No, it might be some alf eighties show Wonder Years. No, it's a comedy the Goldbergs. If someone's trying to do this and they'll be.
Speaker 1: Like and it just goes everywhere Modern Family, you.
Speaker 2: Know it's somebody Please comment and light and let me know what it is. Please.
Speaker 1: I still taste the monk fruit from the last episode.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, alright, So it's it's very horrible to even open this bag. Well because the bag is terrible.
Speaker 1: It's terrible and like that I gave it to you because it was like let the pro get in and then you tore it apart.
Speaker 2: Well, you mangled it, So I bear grill is you mangled it and grills fair grills. What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Like you went like survival mode on it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So there's flakes and there's little almond.
Speaker 1: Slivers, and it's smell delicious.
Speaker 2: I don't smell any peanut butter.
Speaker 1: Do you sniff that?
Speaker 2: Give it a good sniff?
Speaker 1: No, it kind of suns like pancake batter.
Speaker 2: So I told you their cookie granola's are all the rage right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was the one that I could only have a single bite of, Yes.
Speaker 2: Because I had to take home for Ashley. Yes, and she's gone through four or five bags since then. You know, I am very popular. Wow, I can't even keep those in stock. You fly right off the shelf.
Speaker 1: Well, let's try this one, so purely Elizabeth Honey peanut butter super food.
Speaker 2: It's recipe number thirty. Yeah. I taste cinnamon right off the bat.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: But again, the flakes are so crunchy. It's just a weird crunch Yeah, it's not a bad thing. It's just something that you need to get accustomed to them. Yeah, it has a nice flavor. You taste of cinnamon. There's definitely some cinnamon in there.
Speaker 1: I don't taste any peanut butter.
Speaker 2: I don't peanut butter's in here.
Speaker 1: This is the latest.
Speaker 2: Peanut butter is way down on the list of ingredients. I but I taste a slight, slight burnt flavor on the flakes, slightly, ever so slightly.
Speaker 1: Not getting that. I didge a little jo crunchy. I wish I would fix out a little bit. I'm gonna give it four balls.
Speaker 2: That's really good. I'm giving it three balls in a spoon. It is a nice cereal, and it is it is pretty much healthy. Yeah, ooh, maybe not look at that saturated fat twenty percent of your daily value. M It's got a lot of fiber though, I really liked it. Taste so good, I forget the fiber, uh from fruit and fiber fruit fiber fru fiber cereal taste so good, you'll forget the fiber fiber.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was thinking that. So happy you made that reference because I was like, I hope he says it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you make me laugh. I don't know. We'll be back right after this. Damn d D. Where's the box man?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't want to record with the box in here. There's just no space.
Speaker 2: But you said you'd get the sound.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll get the sound back. Okay, bye, and we're back.
Speaker 2: I'm still trying to get these almonds out of my teeth. The sliver sometimes I go in between your teeth, kind of like gentle flaws. Yeah, if you hit it just the right way and it gets lodged up in your hate that, yep, hate that the worst popcorn Kernel, Chip's the worst likes tortilla Chips. Speaking of Chips, Yeah, we're gonna get on that.
Speaker 1: What's the have you come up with titles?
Speaker 2: I'm in between a few of them. It depends. If we want to be specifically just Chips, then it's gonna have a Chips type name. If not, then it's gonna be some kind of like Cheese TV or something like that, so we can like do multiple shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but let me tell you, Chips is a great starting point. We'd have one hundred and thirty something episodes to get through. Afterwards, I'd want to do Wonder Years.
Speaker 2: I'd want to do that's not cheesy though, Oh my mom, that was one of my mom's favorites. I would Freeze Company or something.
Speaker 1: Brady Bunch perfect, Yes, I would love to recap the Brady Bunch.
Speaker 2: Yeah that great. Poor Sam the butcher, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And Alice, look at you Marsha when she gets hit? Yeah, thing under not with football?
Speaker 2: Very good? Oh yeah, she had to go to the prom or something. Right. Anyway, let's move on. The next one's in a bag. Andrew and Jen Jan was the original Meg eve Plum like from Family Guy. Yeah, Jan was the original Meg eve Plum. The way they treated jan Oh was like how they treat Mega. So she was the inspiration for Meg pretty much.
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like every single time it would always feel like.
Speaker 2: Jan idiot, how about some granola buddy? Oh? Great more? Yeah, this is Whorley Bird.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Isn't that a helicopter? Yeah, Worleybird gan like.
Speaker 1: What feels like when an old person would say, like, hey, you set that worly bird? Is that one of them handicopter?
Speaker 2: Not quite that old?
Speaker 1: I just didn't. I think it's an older a.
Speaker 2: Little younger than that, like sixties, getting in the whirlely Bird, like.
Speaker 1: An old dad and mom.
Speaker 2: Do not call it a world okay, but like an old traffic reporter from the seventies. You know they're going up in the whirly Bird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the four in their like nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they would have called it whirlybird in the seventies. Of what I'm meant, that's the seventies term. I think Whorlely Bird got it right for the traffic copter.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wasn't alive, so I couldn't tell.
Speaker 2: You Chopper four Wortley Bird four. So there's two birds on there it it looks like it's making a heart. Yes, cute. This is chocolate, pure maple syrup, rolled oats, organic a Govey nectar.
Speaker 1: Can I hold it?
Speaker 2: You know where I got this? I'll give you a dollar if you tell me. Look at the price tag that doesn't say on there, but you should come on.
Speaker 1: This is the one great value.
Speaker 2: Okay. Great value is not a store. Okay, it's also not. It's also not. I'll give you. I'll give you a clue.
Speaker 1: So big lots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh look at this. I got a coupon. They sent me this for my birthday. It's so weird. This is right here. Look five dollars off fifteen dollars and twenty percent.
Speaker 1: You're I have to say something adorable in that you print things out and are like, look, I printed this.
Speaker 2: It's much easier. I fumbled through my phone and try to find it.
Speaker 1: You know, just even that I fumbled through my phone. Look, I printed it.
Speaker 2: There's no service in the store. I can't open it. The app's not working. Yeah, you're right, paper's twenty twenty four. Hey man, when do you not have service? I still print out airline tickets?
Speaker 1: I actively hate you for that. Why just use the skinner on your phone? Nope, doesn't always work.
Speaker 2: Your Apple wallet doesn't always work.
Speaker 1: It always works unless you're flying where you need to check in there and they have to print out a paper boarding pass. Can't find it open added to your wallet.
Speaker 2: I don't know where it is. I can't find it. There's nice chunks of chocolate in here.
Speaker 1: Everything I just said about it being cute that sometimes you print stuff out has been voided.
Speaker 2: This is beautiful. This looks really nice. I'm really interested in this.
Speaker 1: Baked from scratch. That's nice.
Speaker 2: What's the name of the company that makes it? Where your finger is? It's just Whirlybird Granola.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's from Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Is there like a home company? Or it is Whirlybird.
Speaker 1: That's it, Whirlybird Granola.
Speaker 2: It's just drift the Farmland Fresh Dairy's milk all over your leg and my shorts.
Speaker 1: Remember the last time you did that too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Are you well? I am Farmland Fresh Dairries whole milk we're using today. It's gonna pair perfect with the chocolate. Great, I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: Am I getting? Is this mine?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 2: Take take take great the milk is already turning chocolately. I love it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Okay, I have one today.
Speaker 2: The clusters are good. I love that bit of chocolate in there. This is really nice. I've never heard of Whorthly Bird before. I've never seen it before. It's handmade in small batches. I don't tend to believe that there's someone in the plant with the gloves on doing this.
Speaker 1: I do in the big cement mixer, I do. Really, that's a good Biff. Bad Biff makes the bagels from Thomas.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Good Biff works at Whirlelybird, and it's like hand crafting and making like good batches of grown But what didn't you think a this has a good salt peaste too?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I love this chocolate, A.
Speaker 2: Handmade small bats So it should be more than two seventy nine for a bag. Something's up? Oh right, this is like a nine dollars bag at Whole Foods type thing. Huh.
Speaker 1: I agree?
Speaker 2: That was a good fine. Then wouldn't it natural lush? Yeah? I like that. I'm giving a four bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: Do they have any other flavors?
Speaker 2: I'm sure they do. Find it what are you thinking, I'm not gonna give it a shame for this spoom not solicious awesome? You know, I liked this episode. I'm not quite sure what I want to call it yet, maybe Whirlybird or something like that.
Speaker 1: Whirlybird if you want to advertise with us reach out wing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're not necessarily gonna like all their flavors and all their stuff, so but we have to be careful because you can't tell Whirlybird there' stuff tastes like crap if they're paying us, you know. So anyway, thank you so much for listening. Please follow us at serial Killers PC. Check out the website serial KILLERSPC dot com. That's where I found that we did not try this Cascadian form. I'm hoping that's correct. Thank you Newman for keeping up with all that. And check out our friends at Farmland Fresh Dairies on Instagram. They are pals and we are going to visit yes, yes, yes, reaching out and we're gonna get some dates right and we're gonna video and it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: You can follow me at Andrew Pug. You can follow him at Ze Scottie b. Make sure you like subscribe, rate and follow wherever you get serial killers. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Someone's at my door. Okay, my faral Strays haven't showed up in days. I'm worried. Do you have a ring?
Speaker 1: I don't because they live in an apartment.
Speaker 2: Okay. There's all kinds of crazy things.
Speaker 1: That people put My parents tell me all the time, like if there's a loud.
Speaker 2: Bang, no, I'm not even talking about that. I mean, like, there's a naked man on Root one ten throwing donuts at cars. Oh wow, but it's not real though. People just put all this crazy stuff on there. Huh. You know there's a pack of rhinoceros is running down plain View Road like it's really like, yeah, but they shouldn't be allowed to do that.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, there needs to be a content filter.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, say crunch Edrew, Crunch. We'll see you next week. Bye bye,