Speaker 1: Points League mock Let's talk to the pros. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Prose. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It is me, Joey b Joe Piezapia, and with me today is my co host of the Welsh and special guest, our own Mike Mayer from Fantasy Pros. That's right, he is now a full time troll. Here just goes to show you everybody, if you start out on the YouTube comments, look where you could end up someday. And today we're doing another mock draft episode and I'm listening to you are Peanuts and our Cracker Jacks, and we are gonna be using our multi user draft software today for a points league draft. Welsh hates points leagues. I love them. I don't care about Mayor's feelings. So this is gonna be a great show here today, and I know a lot of you have been waiting for that content. So we're gonna talk a little bit about the strategy before we kick things off. But Welsh, we're coming off the big Fantasy Fest, which if you miss it, you could check it out on our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pro's MLB, which you should subscribe to because Welsh and I are just basically a week away from starting leading off here right here, live every single day. I believe at noon is when we're gonna start. Whenever Welsh has his coffee over on the West Coast of Things or whatever the heck Arizona time for him is. But Welsh, how are you doing after the Fantasy Fest? You you enjoy your time there mock drafting with Bagman and myself.
Speaker 2: I've done my own version of the Fantasy Fest just in my own content across the board. But you killed it on the Fantasy Fest man, you know, don't don't give us anything.
Speaker 3: It was just Bogmin and I.
Speaker 2: I was laughing too because Bogmin and I got description love in the episode too. It was like join the Fantasy Fest with Joe, Piece of Pia, Chris Welsh and Scott Bogman and Bogmin and I were on for like one hour, so I was like, look at us, we're getting all the extra love.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: You killed it man. He did a great job.
Speaker 2: Also a podcast version of some of the best clips, which everyone should go to this too if they have not, if they don't have time to go and consume four hours, but I highly suggest you do, especially.
Speaker 3: Our three of course.
Speaker 1: Yes, well we conveniently left the mock draft off of the best of because, let me tell you, it was definitely animal house by that point in time, the show with the three of us and speaking of crazy animals, Mike Mayor who I'm just very exciting. You know, Mike has worked for me this past year in the Baseball Black Books. You can check out his work there. Mike has been a huge part behind the scenes and a bit more in front of the scenes of late of Fantasy Pros and all joking aside for all of the all the funny quips back and forth that we do. I am super excited that you are part of this team on a full time basis this year.
Speaker 4: Mike.
Speaker 1: You were so helpful last year and the leading off and doing so many other things in terms of baseball and football content here at Fantasy Pros. So what's it like to like be a star now? I mean, have you changed your lifestyle? Do you upgrade your vehicle? Like? I don't know how how has this kind of impact your your lifestyle here in Jersey.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm still kind of figuring that out, But the biggest impact is that I now have like one job instead of two, and so it's like I'm still staying up till one am, which I shouldn't do, and working on like Fantasy Pro stuff. But it's it's fun. Now, this is like the first time I'm doing a podcast with you that I'm not like sneaking away from another job and like checking my email on the side while like while doing a podcast. So it'll be interesting to see how much I can actually focus.
Speaker 1: Now. Well, I now that just means that if you were doing two jobs and you should do twice as much work for us, Well, isn't that kind of like the ratio that.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well you know, Freedoman is a smart guy, so clearly we see eye to eye on that. And today, as I said, we're gonna be going through a points league. Mok. We're very excited about this. Give a little differentiation, and we're gonna be using that mock draft Lobby multi user draft software over a fantasypros dot Com slash draft Wizard. I know you guys know about the Draft Wizard by now, but I'm telling you it's the greatest tool to get you prepared. They have so many bells and whistles and when you're a premium member here at Fantasy Pros, you have access to amazing features we're talking about, like if you've got keepers already in your league, you could set those names and then run the mock draft software. It's unbelievable. I mean, there's so many little kind of you know, perks and things like that that are available here. You can back out picks if you don't like the way that team's going, which is something I may or may not have done once or twice because I'm a perfectionist and I want to try to get everything right as much as I can. But what's so great about the multi user draft software is you can send the link to friends, you can mock with some people. You could still use the computer opponents as well, and it's an easy to use interface along with our draft simulator, which obviously you know, we have so many tools right now, including that free draft kit as well that's available on Fantasy Pros and a big thing too. I want to keep stressing this. You know, a lot of paces will give you. They'll give you a one or two baseball shows a week, maybe three. We're gonna be here every single day breaking it down for you on leading off and that's going to start April six, So we're gonna start the day before the season and because we can and we will, and then every single day we're gonna take you through Fantasy Baseball. We're gonna throw a little DFS in there, We're gonna throw a little prop bets because Welsh is so great at that. So we're gonna do a whole bunch of that. But we want to encourage you right now, we're already past five thousand subscribers. It's a fantastic time to be alive. Go to YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB again, it's on the MLB channel specifically, you got to be a part of it, and that's where that's all going to happen. And as Welsh mentioned before, you can go watch the Fantasy Baseball Fest or just skip ahead to Welsh and Bogman of course if you want to do that. And all of our podcasts are gonna be on there too, and a lot of short form videos we're gonna be working on also. Now, gentlemen, when it comes to points leagues, in the past, I have been very very pitching heavy. What's happened in the last five years is this de evolution of pitching. We've gone through ten years ago where there were forty plus guys making two hundred innings a year. Now we have like four or five guys who might hit that mark. So the quality of pitching, the volume of pitching, it's really changed. And I do use the word devolved because I really feel that's what's happened. Now. I'm of the mind I'm still gonna go pitching early. It's something that I'm going to approach with Welsh. I know you're not the biggest Points League guy, but I think you'll support my theory on this, which is it's very important to make sure you get a really strong offensive base and then target where the pitching market really lies in terms of value. And for me, that pitching market really lies in that one a number two starter grouping that's out there that I feel like, that elite tier comes with a lot of risk and a big price tag. But if I can get a whole staff of maybe two or three guys that I feel really good that can have those those number one ace like starts from time to time. To me, that's my approach for twenty twenty two. How do you see the player pool when it comes to Points League specifically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and the one big points that I'm in is taut and I just did this this past weekend, and I did first of it's an auction, so I did like a studs and scrubs. But my literal construction to what you're saying was, I got a couple studs. I got Vladimir Gerer, Junior, Bryce Harper and Shohyo Tani.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty good start.
Speaker 2: And I also paired them not with the elite elite pitching because someone else went hard on it. But I still got de Gram when he was a little bit cheaper wheeler Freddie Peralta and the Points League gave a good boost for relief pitchers as far as what they were getting. So I'd also got Emmanuel Classe and Trinin and I built my core around that. I'm gonna probably be pitching heavy. I think that's one of the best plays to go. I'm always looking for boppers as well. I'm in the third spot here. There's a chance the computer might throw Vladimir Guerrero to me, and if that would be the case, I would take him. Shoho Tani is another one of those that I actually think is an extra even boost in this platform, especially if you can have one player and you can move him, you know, as a pitcher or you can align him as a hitter, whichever one you want to do. But I'm gonna still go pitching heavy regardless of the de evolving of it, because I think what you led to is as it's getting, you know, get your big boppers, get the pictures that you know are locked down right now. Injuries are happening, Guys are getting moved. You know, Tyler Molly looks a little less interesting right now as he continues to be a red Luis Castillo been a little bit banged up. Same reason that get the guys you're assured of the same strategy you would we're having for closers with like roto and head to head. I want to get that to pictures like give me my lockdown guys early and I can focus on big bats, guys like Hunter Renfro and Joey Gallo are even more enticing in this format later and I can put them in because it's a you know, we're de evolving the names and we're just boosting up categories, and that's that's how I'm going to approach it, probably in this draft at three, so it's for me, it's gonna be this is gonna be Coler Vladimir row Junior.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be one of those two.
Speaker 1: Well, if shoey Otani qualifies a picture and hitter in the format that you've you're playing it in points easier one to one period because you're getting two players like that. It's it's not it's not even a debate as far as I'm concerned any head to head, especially where you have this guy who is two players in one it's just Stu, but not to take him. The other thing is Mike mahyor knowing your points system that you're playing in. I always push to make sure that saves are not the same amount of points as wins are. I hate that. You know, we're a little limited here what we can do in points leagues on the draft software in terms of tweaking certain things. But the point I want to drive home is, you know, if you're setting up a points league, value everything appropriately. You know, I've spent about ten years trying to get the perfect point system where hitting and pitching is really kind of right there with each other pitching. Always in those you know, weekly head to head formats, when you can have those elite guys going twice, that's a huge deal. But Mayor, it's so important to me that you really make sure, especially that the relief pitching is weighted appropriately, because the last thing you want is a guy to come in and get three outs and get ten points, which is the same as a win potentially. To me, that's just bad form.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure. And it's funny you say that because you know, you launched your Black Book Challenge league and there was an issue with the points initially, and I think like because of the issue, I think there were like nine players projected to like score positive points and everyone else is the negative. So that was a fun kind of like example, they missed the minus.
Speaker 1: It was not minus five, it was minus point five for a strikeout, and we quickly fix that and by the way, we click, we filled that. We filled one hundred and twenty spots in that league in twenty four hours. So thank you to everybody who joined and signed up, especially our people in Discord, because our Discord people had first crack at it. So if you're hanging out with the cool kids, you get you know, cool perks like that. But continue on, Mike Bear.
Speaker 4: Now, what are our points here?
Speaker 1: Our points here? How they're set up?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 1: You can only pick these categories of how it is. So we've picked through the category. So it's gonna give us at least a range and an idea of the outcomes. But I also recommend for those people who are trying to spice things up the hybrid that I talk about in the Black Book this year, where you play head to head points, you give everything proper weight, that way everything matters, and then you can play all plays as a season long feel to it, and you can reward the teams that have a good week every single week over time. And I think that to me is the that is the future of fantasy baseball and how we're gonna get people to come back and continue to grow our game. It's not the old school proto stuff. It's doing something. Yeah, we all play head to head point sixteen teams. It's magnificent. We reward the number one best record for the year with a bonus money. Then we chop right after the All Star break, go to eight teams in the playoffs, and we play three weeks three rounds two weeks each and then we're done by Labor Day, so you can get your football on. It's magnificent, it's great. You can read all about it in the Black Book if you want. All right, let's kick things off here. We're gonna start it off. Team three is the Welsh mayor decided to go in the middle at one eight. I'm gonna be the one to twelve year pick. So as Welsh was saying before, we've got a good set up here. He knows his targets, so we're gonna kick things off here in a few seconds. So Welsh, what again, are you home before makes it to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this is Coal or Vlad for me, I guess because we're not.
Speaker 3: We don't have like, you know, distinct details.
Speaker 2: I'll probably not take a Tani in the top three, even though I completely agree O Tani in a points format is like right near the top, especially when you get both spots for him. But I'm I mean, unless you tell me different, I'm not assuming this isn't like nope, and we've.
Speaker 1: Kicked things off here. So Turner Ramirez go one two and this isn't like ahead type of thing, right, No, it's it's weekly head to head points. Again, these are the rosters I want to construct here. What the grades are, I'm less caring about. I want to help the people who are playing in points leagues this year with roster construction and thought process there. So let's attach it like that. We've got our five starting pitchers, two relief spots for outfielders to utility. We're not going to do bench, no corner spots, no middle infield spots. Again, this is the fun fantasy baseball. So well, you went ahead and you selected who at won three.
Speaker 3: I took Vlad.
Speaker 2: I really kind of wanted to sit here and take care because I think that is maybe the play. But to your point what you said earlier, getting elite, elite hitters in points formats is a distinct advantage because there's a point where things are really going to drop into the same pool.
Speaker 3: So having a distinctly.
Speaker 2: High end hitter like Vlad with a big home run hitter, this's where I wanted to go, and that's where I went with the third pick.
Speaker 1: Okay, and look, sometimes that happens where you have a league that, even though it's a points league, they still want to go very heavy offense early on, and I don't blame them. That's what I would do nowadays as well, because the days of Randy Johnson and Page Martinez are long gone. After Vlad's Sodo, Bobaschet Shohel Tani goes, Tatisko's one to seven, and then Mike Mayer, you're up for the one oh eight with ten seconds left.
Speaker 4: So I'm going with Kyle Tucker for a lot of the reasons we're talking about. So it's points leagues, and he's a guy that can contribute kind of across the border. I can get thirty home runs out of him. I might get twenty steals out of him. And I think he's going to be you know, last year, I grabbed him a lot like in the middle kind of rounds where he was going with the idea, especially like a keeper dynasty, with the idea that he's probably going to be a first round pick this year. And here he is, and I think he's only going to get better. And I love that pick in the first round.
Speaker 1: All right. Garrett Cole goes next than Corbyn burns now the pitchers are starting to fly. Bryce Harper goes. Now I have a choice to make I can take a Bets or a Trout, or I can double up because there are two starting pitchers that I do have first round grades on. Walker Bueller is one of them. So I'm definitely taking Walker Buller with one of these picks. Now, for all this stuff that I talked about, it's always about what the draft board is coming to you. So I have my theory. I am ready to go, but I have to pivot because every draft is different. If I get Max Scherzer and Walker Buller to start ahead to head Points League, I'm gonna take that every day of the week. Both of those guys shouldn't be there. That is legitimately my cutoff of guys with the grade of one. The other ones were Corbin Burns and Garrett Cole. After that, I'm pivoting to that one a group. But I'm gonna go ahead and start and double up on the pitching. Here Akunya Trout, Mookie Bets to mayor here with a two zero five.
Speaker 4: Pick, I'm gonna go here. I'm gona double dip on hitting and go with Freddy Freeman. I like the fit in LA. I don't kind of like some of the middle first boun first base options, and so I'm gonna lock in that power production from Freddy Freeman in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: And remember, because we're not playing with the corner of middle endfields spots too, it's a little bit more of a wider berth for some of these hitting choices we can make. So the board changes quite a bit when you take those two spots out. Woodroff goes, I'm sorry. After Freeman, we got Rafield Devers at two oh six, then Woodroff two o seven to Grom too eight Starling marte a two o nine. Wells, you're on the clock at two ten.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 2: I wanted to Grom like, you don't know so close, hissed at Team five that.
Speaker 3: That dirt bag Team five.
Speaker 2: I like some of the pictures here, but I think it's gonna swing back to me. So I'm gonna take one of the better hitters, and I'm gonna go with mine. Robert, you know what, you thought it might have been Assie Albi's, But for everything that mayor is talking about with Tucker, I think that is Robert to you know, the copied degree.
Speaker 3: So I'm very excited about that.
Speaker 2: But then stupid Zach Wheeler goes, and these guys are ruining all of my fun.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you had Albi's go right after Robert then at two twelve into the turn, but shadow Zach Wheeler start the third, Shane Bieber right before you. That's got a sting cotton. Where do you go next? Three to oh three?
Speaker 2: Well, I cannot put myself in a situation, especially in this format, where I go another hitter and just avoid pitching.
Speaker 3: I'm just not going to do that. You could do that.
Speaker 2: I think there's a fantastic pick and Jordan Alver is sitting there, but I'm gonna go with pitching.
Speaker 3: And do I want to do all right, Well, you know what, we'll go.
Speaker 2: With top lift here. I like Julio Arias. We want to play for wins a little bit more. There's a picture I was kind of contemplating, but we will go with Julio Arias. Wins are important, Okay, yeah they are.
Speaker 1: And so Urius, I think, is another one of those guys you can you can bank on his an ace. You feel good, you know he's gonna get run support. You like the environment obviously, I think win potential is going to be there, so that's a big bonus quality starts nw's as a huge bust boom there. Excuse me. Also, by the way, speaking of Robert, I just today put some money on him. I want to talk about him for a second for MVP because the odds are really interesting. I'm gonna pull those up in a second. In the meantime, let's look more after Shane Bieber and Urias, Cedric Mullens, Wander Franco. Who's great in a points league? With that obp Jordan Alvarez I was hoping makes it to me. He does not Aaron Judge at three oh seven, Mike Mayor, you're on the clock at three oh eight.
Speaker 4: Well, Jordan Alvarez wouldn't have gotten past me because I was hoping for him to fallow to me. And whilst was saying, you could go hit her here again, and I'm going to. And part of that is because I love like the middle area of starting pitching this year, Like you were saying, Joe, I'm going to take Nick Castianos here and lock in some more power from my outfield. But like you were saying, Joe, those kind of top arms come with a price tag, and they come with some risk, and I'm just I find myself of avoiding that like really elite tier this year because I love so much of that middle tier of pitching, and I'm probably just gonna grab a bunch of it in the middle rounds.
Speaker 1: Here understandably so, by the way, Welsh Louis Robert on FanDuel right now, thirty five to one for MVP. I threw ten bucks on that bad boy.
Speaker 4: So you.
Speaker 3: Know who's forty to one. Who Byron Buxton.
Speaker 1: Is forty one job thirty five to one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go we know you guys are both bad people. You're both not good people. I'm gonna go put money right after we're done with this on Byron bucks In just to spite you.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on here to the next ones. I'm gonna start a little bit of the inside out here. I'm gonna go with wit Merryfield, one of my favorite Points League kind of guys, because he's gonna get all sorts of opportunities, gonna score runs, You're gonna be on base, gonna hit, he's gonna have a little bit of power stolen bases as well. I've got another choice here too, is really deep, so I could go with all contra or I could take my boy, who was also the top liftier in Brian Reynolds, and you know what I think I want to Joey like, So here we go. Maybe it's not the big power group here, but I'm gonna just continue to be have a steady floor of points and we'll see if we can make up the power a little bit later. Some of the guys I liked in between went unfortunately, So after casianos Olsen went, Riley went, I wanted one of those, I did not get them. Simeon then me at the turn Merryfield Reynolds, Robbie Ray Goes at four h two four oh three, Ti Oscar Rnandez, then four to four Xander Bogart's Meg Mayer. Is now the time for a picture?
Speaker 4: You know, I was kind of on the fence while you were talking, and there's a tier here that I liked. There were some other players I like, I'm gonna grab the picture at the top of my tier in Lucas Giolito and just lock in a ton of innings, a ton of strikeouts, probably, you know, definitely double digit wins as long as it stays healthy, and just kind of start to build out my staff. Although I did have a lot of hitters, I thought about just going with instead. I'll see if any make it back to me that the.
Speaker 1: Pictures specifically didn't make it to me. That did in the end of the first round. The Mike Mayer strategy of what he's doing right now, those three hitters and then Gilito. That's my ideal scenario typically in a points league, and now I would start to build the Mortons and Verlanders after that. By the way, an NFBC last night, Verlander, I think I think Sporer took him with a fourth round pick or something. So watch that. That's starting to turn very quickly. So after Giledo goes, we have sal Perez Byron Buckston at four oh seven. Welsh is not happy. Four oh eight, Trevor Story, Tim Anderson, there's a shortslop run for you. Aaron Nola at four ten to the Welsh.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I took I took Aaron Nola to get my second picture. I desperately wanted Gilito. I almost took Giolito over Urias in that last round.
Speaker 3: That's how highly I think of him. One of I think eleven.
Speaker 2: ATC pitchers projected for two hundred strikeouts this year and I really wanted him.
Speaker 3: So that's a great pick. So he took knowledge.
Speaker 1: Twenty seconds here before get back to just so you don't miss it.
Speaker 3: I am which one do I want to go?
Speaker 1: While you're thinking, Josh Hater goes at four to eleven and Liam Hendrix was also pisses off Welsh. We have two mandatory RP slots. Sandy Alcntra goes five oh one, another nice guy. You could have paired up there h five oho two Lindor and then Welsh one second.
Speaker 2: Yep, I got it. I went with mister as long as it took. Yeah, I went with Paul Goldschmid. I have a first baseman. I doubled up on the corner. Get two elite first basemen, take him off the board. I would have considered Matt Olsen earlier when he went I thought he was kind of a steal in this.
Speaker 3: So I'm taking some big boppers, and you know what.
Speaker 1: With the two utility spots, you could take the two big boppers there and not worry about it. So instead of the corner spots, we moved to two utility, which I prefer in this format. I think it's much better Pete Alonzo goes next than Corey Seeger Freddy Peralta, who is my other guy too. I would love to have a Gilito Parolta start if I could. That other strategy I was talking about Tyler O'Neil five oh seven, Mike Mayer. You're on the clock for five oh weight with twenty seconds.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna go with a guy that at the beginning of the off season, I didn't really think I was gonna have a ton of shares, but I keep finding myself drafting him in like in major leagues, and so I'm gonna take him right here, Alex Bregman, and it's I think we're going to get a bounce back year from him. I think the price is right, and third base is really gross this year once you get out of those like top handful of names, and so for all those reasons, I keep like finding myself with bregmant in like the fifth, sixth round this year.
Speaker 1: It's extremely gross. You are correct, sir for me right now, speaking of it being gross, there's two guys actually I really like here. One is my boy, Elloy Jimenez. So Eloy, that's an easy pick and Jimenez and then the next guy for me, speaking of third base being difficult. Also, he's the top lift right now. I got a value pick on Jimenez. That's nice. Thank you for the thumbs up, Wizard. I appreciate you, at least for now, until you start making bad Moji's at me when I make bad picks. Chris Bryant, who qualifies everywhere. I love in a format like this because it gives me a lot of versatility. Look, he's gonna be good in Colorado at the very least, you know, great environment in those eighty one home games. I'll take it. And I got a thumbs up there. I like the way this is going. I am a happy camper so far. Got my two studs that got my offense. Now Bpa, rest of the way from.
Speaker 4: Thing when I made the last pick that Lance Linn would come back to me even though I was just gonna lock in kind of two White Sox starters. So now I'm looking at other things to do with.
Speaker 1: That concept now, especially not you guys want a team that's gonna win one hundred games this year or why not?
Speaker 4: So I think instead I'm gonna stick with Pitcher there's another pitcher I like as a person, but I don't really like where he landed this offseason a little bit.
Speaker 1: Gus hanging out. You guys are going to Chili's together? What the hell you do?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with Max Freed instead.
Speaker 1: Let's stick a quick break in the action to tell you about fan Tracks. I want to tell you about an awesome baseball giveaway being done by our friends over at fan Tracks. You can enter to win tickets to any MLB game for you and your entire fantasy league up to one thousand dollars towards traveling accommodations, and you can enter by creating a free account over at fantracks dot com slash fantasy Pros. Then either create a new league, join an active league, or bring over your existing leagues from another platform for free. All existing fan tracks leagues are automatically included in the giveaway. And remember, more leagues you're a part of, the more chances you have to win. Each active league counts as one active entry and the winner will be chosen and emailed by April twenty nine, So get on that again. Go to fantracks dot com slash fantasy pros to enter. Now that's fantracks dot Com slash Fantasy Pros and now back to the action. All right, Max freed another solid arm. There after freed Horey Polanco, one of my favorite Points League guys is being tremendously undervalued still in my opinion, He's gonna hit four in that lineup. Then you have Kevin Gossman, Will Smith, Logan Webb at six oh nine. The Welsh is up for six'.
Speaker 2: Ten, well nothing is. Falling that's a big thing THAT i. MEAN i again my decisions Gold schmid Or. BRYANT i really Wanted. BRIAN i PROBABLY i should have just taken him for that. PAUSE i THOUGHT i could get him to slip. By he is not slipping, by and nothing really. IS i think there's a great hitter still on the. Board So i'm gonna just snap this up and see what comes back IN. Jd martinez good average. Power this is kind of a no. Brainer and then we'll come back down and see what the rest of these picks Where, Glesias Brios castillo And Javey. Baiez so it comes, Back, Tomah AND i.
Speaker 1: Love working with you BECAUSE i can take a couple of picks, off AND i know you're gonna you're gonna be such a professional and jump in. THERE i can, breathe, whoo all, RIGHT i love.
Speaker 3: It i'm gonna take a. Stab something else.
Speaker 2: Happens i'm gonna take my, guy similar to how you talked About Brian reynolds and you took him way. EARLIER i think you Get Brian, reynolds like hands down With Katel, marte who qualifies at second. Base So i'm gonna Take Katel. Marte get a little infield help, here seventh, round seventy fifth overall pretty.
Speaker 1: Good, value very. NICE i like all. Right After welsh made his, SELECTION i can Tell Marte Chris sale goes, Next Brandon, lao who had a tremendous year last, Year Joe musgrove straight out Of Mike, Cue Jose, bray you straight out Of mike C Mike mayer seven oh. Eight will he take another person out Of Mike? Cue we shall?
Speaker 4: See or WILL i take another person out of The White sox? Rotation?
Speaker 1: Right Dylan, dy there you. Go Dylan sees goes out, there what'd you think of last year and the step forward he? Made and there had been some teases in the, past but last year really seemed to be a new version of him that we hadn't.
Speaker 4: Seen, yeah and that's kind of Why i'm high on him this. YEAR i think he always had that in, him and you, finally like you, said you saw it last, year AND i think you, know there's no reason not to expect more of the same this, year if not better and potentially more.
Speaker 1: Innings all, Right Dylan ceese Than, mandacy goes class Than mantas at seven and. Eleven you, know it's. Interesting And Christian yelich is fascinating BECAUSE i don't love him In rodo BECAUSE i don't know what the ceiling, is but In points he's SOMEBODY i. Consider same thing With. Bellinger it's just WHETHER i want to take that risk right. Now Carl's korea is still on the board as, well OR i could just go ahead and take another, picture AS i am one to, do AND i THINK i just. Might So i'm gonna Take Charlie morton here as my third. Starter so let's go ahead and lock that in and, uh then let's see what's available. Here just going to reload for a. Second DO i Love Charlie morton on the bounce back as, well because to, Me Charlie gordon's one of these guys is just once again grossly. Undervalued now with the, hitters it's you, know The winkers of the. World you, know shortstops starting to run a little. THIN i think as. Well we mentioned third base is, tough BUT i do Have Chris, bryant which allows me to kind of move some guys, around which IS i think is very. Important that third Base cliff With Anthony rendon is staring me in the. FACE i walk him yesterday in a. Game he looked. Awful he was just getting all kinds of confused out. There he. Did, man that dude looked like he was. Toast maybe the timing's just not, there but he looked. Awful i'm gonna go ahead and Take correa here at. Shortstop i'm gonna go take the last guy at that spot THAT i think about. IT i Love Bobby witt. Too Bobby witt was the other guy was. Contemplating But i'm trying to stay disciplined in my love For bobby wit WHICH i think by next week might be completely out the. Window Ryan presley EIGHT o TWO U darvish aight oh Three max months he eight oh. Four Mike, mayer you are on the.
Speaker 4: Clock so for a lot of the, reasons you were just, SAYING i was looking at the shortstop kind of position thinning, out AND i didn't have ANY i was Hoping crey was gonna fall to, me and THEN i was hoping you were going to go to that third Base, cliff but you came right back To cray and took my. Guy So i'm going to pivot to the other middle endfield spot and take a. GUY i am huge on this year that a lot of other people are thinking some regressions coming for, it And i'm going all in On Jonathan india as my second.
Speaker 1: Baseman all, Right Jonathan india is the second. BASEMAN i know he's A welsh. Favorite two months he went right. Before After, india we've Got Giancarlos stanton going at eight oh, six Jess chisematos, Seven Edwin diaz eight oh, Eight blake trying in flying up draft boards at eight oh. Nine ever since The Kenley jansen signing In, Atlanta welsh you're up for eight ten.
Speaker 3: Oh all of these not great.
Speaker 1: Players, well and this is, why let me tell, you this is WHY i really am happy THAT i Took bryant WHERE i did BECAUSE i didn't have to get forced into the third base. CLIFF i just Moved brian to third and NOW i look for first base and try to fill that. Later so this is why a guy Like Ketel, Marte Chris, bryant if you take him in the right, value it really helps with the draft come to. You so what are you doing here with your fifteen? SECONDS i called another.
Speaker 2: Picture i'm gonna Take Alec, manoa get my, strikeouts get my wins on a nice pick and that coming, Back i'm tempted to double. Tap and you know what is there's some other good value out. There BUT i feel like we're gonna move to a different. Tier you know, WHAT i just caught.
Speaker 1: Myself Alec manoa went and Then Flaherty yelich to close out round. Eight starting round, nine There's Anthony. Rendon the cliff has? Happened nine, Two Yasmai Grondal welsh you're up at nine oh.
Speaker 3: Three, yeah making the.
Speaker 2: ADS i am going To, yeah we'll just go with. This, well we'll try to stay disciplined. Here i'm gonna go With Trevor. Rodgers get another, picture here.
Speaker 1: Outstanding two of my favorite. Pictures you just cleared out my picture que well, done my friend had well. Done love those. Guys outstanding. Selections So welsh making ups the ground. Hardcore in the last two Picks Jesse winker nine to, four we Have Mitch haniger going at nine to. Five Ryan. Mountcastle, oh this has got to be crushing from nine, six just two picks BEFORE Dj lemayhew nine oh. Eight oh my, goodness are you?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Mike That moncastle did not make it to. YOU i know you're you're a.
Speaker 4: FAN i, am AND i was going to start the show with that, too BECAUSE i don't THINK i didn't listen to your bus. Show and here you guys talk About ryan and you think THAT i wasn't just gonna say something so to kind of get back at you for.
Speaker 1: THAT i love it. Now it's a.
Speaker 2: FAVORITE i Had mountcastle AND i had on your. DEAL i Had india and Mount. Castle, MAN i love to.
Speaker 4: Take Bobby wait just so he doesn't get back To. Joe, well that's that's.
Speaker 1: Fair that's. FAIR i, MEAN i was probably not gonna take, him BUT i Think Bobby wit there is a fantastic. Value i'm just pissed Because verlander was my ace in the hole here And team nine swooped in there right before. Me Jerk.
Speaker 2: Joe WHEN i was going it was Between rogers And. VERLANDER i was staring at and hoping he might come.
Speaker 1: Well depending on how you built the. Front that's HOW i look At, verland, like if you have if you have two really good, starters you could take the chance On rogers. Innings, OTHERWISE i Think verlander goes right to two hundred Again Bellinger. Chapman now me on the clock for another. Pick looking at the. Queue in terms of, pictures there's two THAT i really, Like shane McClanahan And Mike. Clevenger so What i'm gonna do Is i'm gonna ahead and take. McClanahan i love. Him and Then i'm gonna go ahead AND i get a value pick thumbs, up thank you very, Much Draft, wizard and Then i'm gonna take DO i double dip AM i a complete and utter jerk in doing. That i'm gonna take a look at the pitching real quick and see what's available because there's a part of me that kind of wants to do, that kind of wants To Carls rodn has really a great spot. HERE i Think i'm gonna. WAIT i Think i'm gonna. Wait, Instead i'm gonna take a little bit more. Offense So i'm gonna go ahead and go back to the. Queue see what's available That i've thrown in. There i'm gonna take another player that can play in two different spots, here and gonna Take Jared walsh because he qualifies at first base in. Outfield between him And, SCHWARBER i was going back and forth taking a Lot schwarber this, year So i'm doing something. Different but once, AGAIN i could keep him at First if more outfield guys come, out that's. Great IF i Like schwarbur somehow he magically makes it back to, me, okay then MAYBE i take him next. Time Carls rodn goes right after that, pick no, Surprise i'm me Edmun Jordan, Romano Mike mayer ten oh. Five you are on the.
Speaker 4: Clock so my last Pick Bobby wit Was that's another one where you talk about it's kind of like a format specific, Too Like i'm more willing to bet On Bobby witt in a points league than in a categories. League so you can kind of live with some of those growing pains more and so another GUY i read.
Speaker 1: Not only that if you don't have middle, infield you could take anybody later and just Got William naums or we were Talking Brandon. Crawford just stash them on the bench just in case things don't work, out.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah and a lot of people are doing, that like they're Combining tattiste with those. Guys another GUY i like for a points league for my outfield Is Austin, meadows and So i'm going to take him. HERE i THINK i can get thirty home runs out of him this year and really just load, up continue to load up on power in my.
Speaker 1: Outfield all, Right Austin. Meadows another guy added Along. Welsh Get Blake snell does not make it To, welsh but who, knows maybe he could still make the next pick In Blake snell Voice Josh Bell ateno, Seven Kyle schwarber is not going to make it back to, me, Kids i'm sorry ten oh Eight frano mil of teno, Nine YOU'RE.
Speaker 3: Onq and was Literally sba And.
Speaker 2: Reys those were the TWO i was going here AND i just got. Murdered that was, brutal And snell was my backup. OPTION i really don't like a lot of what is going on with the.
Speaker 3: Outfield, Now oh that's kind of a sneaky. Pick twenty seconds. LAST i just want to.
Speaker 2: Make sure you get your if you didn't, know all, Right i'm gonna go With.
Speaker 3: God i'm gonna go With Nathany. Evaldi that's a.
Speaker 1: Your get your. DUDE a lot of shares this year between our mock drafts of you And Nady. Evaldi what what is it About evaldi you like so?
Speaker 2: Much it's solid, numbers it's solid, numbers it's a good team. Context he gets it. Done we did some blind plays with him, too and it was absurd when you blindly.
Speaker 3: Look at some of his stats versus.
Speaker 2: Others it's like top twenty five sp upside or are you REALLY.
Speaker 1: I love doing. That i'm surprised you passed On, kershaw who actually went right. AFTER i thought that might be the guy you. Take But, Hoskins Kenley, Jansen Chris, bassett another guy From MIKE c gone. Eleven oh, three, wells you're up on the, clock all.
Speaker 2: Right we're gonna fill out another util spot. Here, actually that frame and one is still killing. ME i think it is a pretty good value. Here i'm gonna go With Nelson cruz at one twenty.
Speaker 1: Three all, Right Nelson cruz at one twenty. Three also in my queue no, Longer Sean. Manaya Also Mike, cue he's gone eleven oh. FOUR i think he's gonna get dealt very. Soon Will SMITH. Cj crone another fine selection there will my backup first base plans also, Gone Giovanni diegos eleven oh. Seven Mike, mayer you're on the clock for eleven to oh, Eight so.
Speaker 4: Kursha i'm glad you mention, him Because i'm he's another Guy i'm grabbing a ton like in these late rounds because he's such a value here in categories. LEAGUES i don't know THAT i love him as much in points leagues BECAUSE i don't know what the innings are gonna look.
Speaker 3: Like and how much he's gonna rest, Exactly.
Speaker 4: Whereas categories you can get away with them. MORE a GUY i do like a lot in points leagues Is Pablo, lopez And i'm gonna get. Here he's just got great. STUFF i wrote about him a lot last. Year The marlins are probably not gonna be a great team, again but he's gonna be a ton of, innings a ton of, strikeouts So i'm not worried about the injuries last. Year at the end of last, year he came. BACK i Love Pablo lopez this, year all.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i, agree great selection there On lopez Than Chris, Taylor, Tyler, Molly, Saya suzuki at eleven. Eleven SO i make a wish AND i got it because My clevenger is still. There So i'm going to take My clevenger. Here so eleven twelve for, Me so reach. ALERT i don't care reach, ALERT i want. Him i'm taking. Him leave me. Alone Draft, wizard stop judging. Me let's look at the roster right. Now SO i have filled my Staff Sureser, Walker, Bueller Charlie, morton, McClanahan And. Clevenger i'll go to war with. That remember we have no. Bench she'll keep an eye on your roster.
Speaker 4: Spots.
Speaker 1: Boys now it's back to the, rankings trying to look for what to. Do what to? Do o't field boil. Boys not the greatest position this. Year not a huge.
Speaker 2: Fan it turned it turned value very. Fast well it. Doesn't but guys Like grisham And carlson And. VERDUGO i don't, know a little less enticing in points right, now so it is a little bit More.
Speaker 1: BARREN i gonna take a player THAT i actually really believe in AND i think has another, gear and It's Cabrian. Hayes and What i'm gonna do then is flip some guys around once. AGAIN i got a value. Pick oh, okay we're, Back we're back in love again The Draft wizard AND i Taking Cabrian hayes once. Again WHAT i can do now is Move Chris bryant to the. Outfield See Chris bryant just keeps moving, around AND i can do this on The Draft wizard As i'm going, through and THEN i can move him to third Base Cabrian, hayes which is. NICE i like, THIS i like very happy about. This so let's see the rest of the picks here After, Hayes Rizzo, vado who was also under, Consideration dalton var show goes nice value at twelve oh. Four Mike, mayer you're on the clock for twelve oh.
Speaker 4: Five So i'm going to go with one of my favorite players this, year regardless of, format and especially in this format where you have locked IN rps and we have points where we you know you can choose to go after saves or see if you can get a starting pitcher eligible guy for that that. Slot And i'm gonna might get A rechelayer, here But i'm gonna go With Michael. Kopek, GUYS i.
Speaker 3: Think this was all my cue off so.
Speaker 2: MUCH i was just sitting here waiting for you TO i my plan in this. Round i'm so mad that you did. That WAS i was going to take two. PLAYERS i was gonna WHAT.
Speaker 4: I, said don't Trash Ryan, mountcastle and this one happened to.
Speaker 2: You, yeah now THAT i, know now THAT i, know things will work out IF i don't take my CUT i Wanted. Copek i'm gonna take one of these guys right, now And i'll just pivot a little bit.
Speaker 3: Later But i'm gonna Take.
Speaker 1: Rangers So Willia doms goes at twelve oh. Six Then cronenworth Uh Ty, france Another welsh favorite. Goes Then Joey Gallo Ranger. Suarez and this is the thing in points leagues. Too if you're getting higher points for, starters find those guys that qualify as relief pictures and starting pictures and just plug him in. There we gave You Copec Ranger suarez is a great. One shane bos goes Next Wilson Controllers dance By Swans Jared. Kllnick now we're in the thirteenth. Round Swanson Keller nick one Two welsh thirteen oh three year on The.
Speaker 3: Clock, yeah man ah. MAN i was so. Planned that was a game the system type of.
Speaker 1: Play you know where you Can, HEY i had we all three of us were thinking the same.
Speaker 2: Thing SO i WISH i had just done it around. EARLIER i just thought this was going to be a really great spot for me to be able to jump in on, it but it was. Not SO i Took ranger to have.
Speaker 3: One of those. Guys he was the other.
Speaker 2: GUY i wanted to pair those, two AND i think What i'm gonna?
Speaker 3: Do ooh, yeah it's beeping at. Me we're gonna do. This we're gonna go with. Power this might be a little bit of a reach for.
Speaker 2: Me i'm gonna go With Hunter Renfro and one of the Things JOE i MENTIONED i forgot to mention a while, back but when we were doing The bust, EPISODE i was talking About Mitch hanneger is if you blindly look at, Stats Hunter renfro is Essentially Mitch hanneger fifty picks. LATER i mean they're almost blindly, identical AND i think.
Speaker 3: That's just a really good. Spot but that's probably a little bit of a REACH i just.
Speaker 1: HAD i DON'T i Love Hunter. RENFRO i think he's thirty lock this, year playing every day In. Milwaukee signed me Up milans and. Goes Then Ozuna ZACHALLAN a thirteen oh six could be a huge. Value thirteen oh, Seven corey Kaniebl Mike, mayer you're on the clock for thirteen oh.
Speaker 4: Eight, yeah so outfield is still really. Gross as A Red sox, FAN i also don't really understand why they Traded Hunter renfro away after what he did for them last, year especially you, know not fantasy, related but you, know the right field he was able to play for. Them there's another PITCHER i really like that is A joe guy That i'm gonna grab right now before the clock runs. Out Is Framber valdez around out my.
Speaker 1: Staff framber is the color of my. Energy mayor you know that very, well Lordas guriel goes, next Then Trent, Grisham Edwardo, rodriguez Another Joe, pieza pa favorite three thirteen eleven is a steal in a head to head, points especially if you're playing two points per k FOR Edwardo. Rodriguez all, right that puts me on the. Clock now looking, AROUND i could go first base IF i want guys Like Gariel Trey mancini not terrible picks. There that's kind of what The wizard is pushing me to. Do DO i want to do. IT i THINK i might also kind of Like Eddie rosario, too now that he's just a brave. AGAIN i know they might give me a slight, reach BUT i think he is very. Good he's the top lift according to, that AND i could use a little bit more pop in the. OUTFIELD i think he's a safe bet. There SO i like, That and then let's go back to the queue and see who else is available for. Me there are a couple of really good PICTURES i really like out, there BUT i am a huge fan of a few guys left THAT i THINK i can wait. On even THOUGH i filled my. Staff i'm gonna be a Little i'm gonna take a sneaky snake later. ON i Think i'm gonna continue on and just get a little bit more offense looking around the. Outfield, Dylan, Carlson Alex. Verdugo those are some of the names floating out, There. Welsh anything between those two, guys is there one you favor more than?
Speaker 2: Another and in this, format like if we were, talking you, Know, RODO i probably would go for Du.
Speaker 3: Goo IF i.
Speaker 2: Wanted to steal some, BASSES i might Go carlson a little bit. More but in THIS i, Mean i'll be honest with. You i've got them. BOTH i want another. OUTFIELDER i probably would look at both of those. GUYS i think maybe For. Dugo where you're what we're talking about? Here oh my, GOD i didn't even. See you Took donaldson, TOO i.
Speaker 1: Did it was a bait and. SWITCH i had you talk about those? Guys, WELL i Took Josh donaldson right off from under, you.
Speaker 3: Right from under.
Speaker 1: ME i, LITERALLY i literally. Did is there an emoji? For is there a scumbag? EMOJI i get IF i take a player from pie?
Speaker 4: Face?
Speaker 1: Please Miles straw goes next to fourteen oh? Two, well, Look donaldson's, there you, know utility spot hiobp Popped Yankee. Stadium let's go h points league. Again it's not about the counting. Stats after Straw, uh, well everything's flying here right. Now After miles Straw ian and. Goes then we Had Camille duvalgo fourteen oh, four fourteen oh, five Is Mike mayer you? Selected WHO i.
Speaker 4: Took Dylan carlson that you guys are just talking about. Him, also he's still really. YOUNG i don't have any shares this year BECAUSE i think he's going a little too early for my liking in a lot of, drafts but in this draft kind of like rounding on my. Outfield you, KNOW i love the, pick AND i love the upside. Here he's still only twenty three years. Old like you were, saying you're. EARLIER i think he's another guy that can like hit another gear and give me some agreed.
Speaker 1: Agreed Adolas garcia, Avasel garcia, Wrong, garcia hit it WHEN i get My garcia is twisted fourteen oh, six then fourteen oh, Seven Yola mancata fourteen oh, Eight Alex vrdugo right After Sunny gray fourteen oh, nine The welsh at fourteen oh ten is on the.
Speaker 3: Clock took labor get some short stop help in.
Speaker 2: THERE i probably like this format a little bit, better so he can't hurt me in other places if he gets back to.
Speaker 3: Struggling but you, know he's a power, guy SO i like.
Speaker 2: That, ISH i don't really like anything that's going on, here right. Man scene just went and.
Speaker 1: Mean rides a great value at fifteen oh. One if he if he gets anything close to last, year it's a.
Speaker 2: Value it's a pretty good. One and Now i'm gonna do one more my gaming of the. System i'm gonna Take Louis severino as my second.
Speaker 1: Relief, ah you, Jerk that's WHAT i wanted to do With joe face there is?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: YEAH i wanted these two. Guys MY rp spots were starting pitchers is WHAT i, wanted And kopek was. Taken so this is the second best to Have ranger In.
Speaker 1: SEVERNO i WOULD i don't even know if it's second. BEST i Think severino could Outperform Ranger suarez if he's. Right Logan gilbert at fifteen oh, Four Luis garcia at fifteen oh, Five, then oh my, god did you see what? Happened? Guys we had back to Back Luis garcia make a? Wish this is making signs of the. Apocalypse, no what is happening? Here i'm a little, scared. Guys the pick is coming from inside the. House Craig kimberle at fifteen oh, Seven Mike, Mayor i'm a little spooped out right, now fifteen oh, five make a. PICK i need TO i need to calm. Down that was a lot to take to.
Speaker 4: Take the Other. Louise, No i'm just. Kidding i'm gonna take continuing that same strategy of starters in our relief, Fight i'm gonna Take.
Speaker 1: Tanner HOW i WISH i have a Sale garcia had gone in that round as. Well that would have been.
Speaker 2: Amazing get the entire round of Garden mock draft only.
Speaker 1: Guard just so you, Know, Mayor Tanner hawk was in my queue to go. Next so not a, reason right. Selection where's that scumbag alert when you need? It Tyler, Stevenson Matt chapman another GUY i was looking. For all, Right i'm gonna go back to the. Queue, uh And i'm gonna queue Up Christian, javier WHO i think is going to start a whole lot of games for The astros this. Year is one of my favorite, selections one of my favorite ones to, take BECAUSE i, mean have we not seen what's going on with the uh the the arm Of Lancepa. COLORS i, mean come on, here let's let's keep it. Real looking around to there's a few other GUYS i could take in terms of relief. Pitchers i'm not as excited about. It Andrew heeney's never. Exciting ashby is a little exciting to. Me BUT i THINK i want to go for one more bat, First So i'm gonna go ahead and continue to look at the. C chapman's the guy THAT i, wanted but unfortunately he's no longer. Available don't Like, ketcher never a big fan of. That everybody who knows me knows. That looking at all the hitters, Remaining Charlie blackman's what it's telling. ME i GUESS i could do worse Than Charlie. Blackman ian Hap, rosario you know, What i'll listen to the. Wizard i'll take the top lift Of Charlie blackman for my last utility. Spot all, Right let's go To Kekey hernandez next at sixteen oh, two Then stroman at sixteen oh, Three lance Mccullor speak of The devil at sixteen oh, four sixteen oh, Five Mike, mary you're up on the, clock.
Speaker 4: So i'm probably gonna get another reach alert for. This but this is a guy WHO i really think showed some things last year but then kind of got hurt and people forgot about. Him AND i think he's gonna like take off of The twins this year And Eric alex Kirol.
Speaker 1: Off and SO i Love kiraalof just wrote about. It Taking he is in My Breakout team spoiler alert that we're gonna do next. WEEK i think That's Monday Show. Welsh so, UH i hope you're excited for that.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 1: Everyone kirolof goes. Next desklofani at sixteen oh, Six ryan, McMahon WHO i almost took at SIXTEEN i, wanted that's what you. Wanted jose You'r cudi at sixteen oh, eight Kyber luiz sixteen oh, Nine The welsh at sixteen oh ten.
Speaker 3: Is up Oh.
Speaker 2: Man third base just a it's just a constant with. ME i have to take one position AND i just have to let it completely fall, apart and that's What i've done third. Base so we've only got two more picks. Here there's a couple of good outfielders out. HERE i am going to go With, Ooh i'm gonna go With. Badu we'll take the top guy on, here a Kil badu to fill out my. Outfield and THEN.
Speaker 1: I only think With badu is the strikeouts in a format like, This just to throw that out there for folks listening the negative strikeout, things keep that in, mind depending on if it's minus point five or minus one or As mayor likes to allude to minus, five which is probably not a good.
Speaker 2: Choice and if it were minus one THAT i tend to kind of like not care about the strikeout guys LIKE i Wanted Joey gallo. Earlier he, went that doesn't gnorry. Me unless it's a format that really really pushes back on, strikeouts then of COURSE i would.
Speaker 3: Adjust so we've only got two picks.
Speaker 2: LEFT i hate all of the third, basemen, desperate just desperately hate all of, them And i'm gonna, take you know What i'm GONNA i usually don't do. This i'm gonna take my third basement last here BECAUSE i want to ensure myself THAT i Get Gary. Sanchez AND i know it won't be, popular but big power in a points league and he'll be ghing In. Minnesota that's something THAT i get excited about AND i keep missing out on, him SO i locked him as my, catcher all.
Speaker 1: Right so After kilbado went A Doulas, garcia Another. GARCIA a lot Of garcias in the draft, Today Michael Brantleyjree, Solaire Robbie, gross and Then welsh Took Gary, Sanchez Jean sigare at seventeen oh, four seventeen oh five touring. Schoolble we Have rogers from The twins at seventeen oh six And ree seventeen oh. Seven That Mike mayer is seventeen oh. Eight you are on the.
Speaker 4: Clock So Gary sanchez is probably gonna be my. PICK i was looking at him As welsh picked, them AND i was, like DO i want to do? That and Then welsh picked, him SO i don't have to worry about. It i'm GONNA i don't have this guy, anywhere AND i rarely, do But i'm gonna grab on That rosario here just to fill out my utility. Spot you, know if you're kind of like thinking roster, construction it's gonna be short stopped outfield. Eligible you can kind of gives you some roster. FLEXIBILITY i think The guardians are going to be bad and they're gonna let him run.
Speaker 1: All right down to. Me Brandon rodgers Went. Ano they're one of my favorite guys. There Ahmed rosario went To, mayor Then, Montgomery Brandon, Rodgers Scott. Barlow, now since it's only two MANDATORY rp spots, again you're twenty four deep in a twelve team, league so you have a little flexibility with. That So i'm gonna Take Hazus lozardo on the off. Channel he ends up in that, rotation he qualifies AT. Rp SO i Have, LOZARDO i Have Christian. JAVIER i want a two start weak people to. Death that is my. Plan And i'll just take A colorado catcher And Elias diaz and night roster is now officially filled going. Up Mitch garver goes. Next then we Have escobar from The mets at eighteen oh, Three Noah cindergard formerly The mets at eighteen oh. Four Mike, mayer you're on the clock for eighteen oh, five.
Speaker 4: SO i only have to fill out my, catcher And i'm just gonna take a CATCHER i take all the, time year every. Year In Christian. Vasquez he's he's hitting in a good bark lineup even gonna steal a few basis for.
Speaker 1: You there you go The Christian, Veasquez Patrick sandoval an absolute steal here at eighteen oh, Six Travis Darnault Andrew kittridge at eighteen oh, Eight bobby's all back eighteen oh. Nine, well, shoot did you select? There BECAUSE i went straight into the wizard here after Mister Spencer.
Speaker 2: Torkelsen why NOT i think to break. CAMP i think it's all but said as the first, baseman AND i get him as my third baseman in. Here and since it's the last pick and we're not doing benches and, stuff why WOULD i not take a, huge massive upside. Player and then at this POINT i would just pick up somebody else As i'm digging into the dirt hole of third basement THAT i have put myself.
Speaker 1: In so now the Draft wizard is set up for For, YEAH i, agree and all upside, right you can always pick somebody else at third base on the bench and you make it. Up the grades are going to be awful little because again it's it's not a perfect system here for The Points. League so we're gonna focus a little less on grades and a little bit more on the roster construction. Theory So, welsh what was the grade you got from the draft? Wizard just out of? Curiosity it gave me A.
Speaker 3: B plus eighty eight out of one, hundred so be play very.
Speaker 1: NICE i only got A c so seventy three for. Me BUT i love this. Team i'd go to war with this team in a. Second how about, You, MAYOR i bet it loved.
Speaker 4: YOU i got AN a, MINUS i got a ninety.
Speaker 1: Look at, you, everybody all the mayor. Stuff let's start With mayor's. Team then let's let's get the insights From mayor's. Team who liked your team quite a? Bit when it gets to the expert, opinions give us some of the, guys BECAUSE i KNOW i liked my team quite a.
Speaker 4: Bit here on My let's see the person who liked it the most Is Andy barons and expert opinions The Rodo champs site, Projections Fred, Zinky Scott engel And Andrew.
Speaker 1: Gould, okay who hated thumbs down From welsh and thumbs down from, well well that's good you.
Speaker 3: Did oh you didn't get Mount, castle so a thumbs? Down, okay all, Right?
Speaker 1: Welsh who are the expert opinion thumbs up and thumbs down for your.
Speaker 2: Draft, so my dear, friend Mister Scott white loved my draft more than anybody over AT. Cbs AND i gotta be honest with. You what DO i gotta do For dalton Delle don to like my?
Speaker 3: Draft what DO i have to do at this point every single? Draft what does he hate so? Much? What why are they so angry? Him guess who's my number one?
Speaker 4: Hater?
Speaker 3: Pinowski who is his number? Two dalton Delle? Don why do they hate so? MUCH i don't.
Speaker 4: UNDERSTAND i have some bad news for you. There do you know who the most, accurate oh, no baseball expert was last? Year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sure dalton Dell. Don, yeah and he hates. It he hits every single Draft i've ever. Done so don't listen to, me listen to my care and listen To Dalton.
Speaker 3: Hill that's what you guys should.
Speaker 4: Do.
Speaker 3: Clearly, wow this.
Speaker 1: Is the perfect segue of all. Segues CAN i just for a moment because thumbs up in my? Draft no one likes my draft more Than Joe Pisa pia, obviously but, Second dalton Dell don likes my, draft and of Course Scott bogman Because WELSH i, Mean Scott bogman always likes my, draft and you who else likes my? Draft somebody From Fantasy, pros some guy Named Mike mayer likes my. Draft so how about them apples like?
Speaker 3: Mine you LIKE.
Speaker 1: I liked it while it was, GOING i got, it And i'm.
Speaker 3: Saying and you liked it on?
Speaker 2: Here it was, you, You josh From Fantasy, pros And joe Piez apia my top three likes.
Speaker 1: Here so all, right there you have. It let's let's run through the rosters, too BECAUSE i think that's really. Important So, welsh let's go through your team here and talk about the, concept the roster, construction how you built it. Out, Yeah Gary sanchez a, Catcher Vlad guerrero at, first Kateel marte at, Second Glabor torres at, Short torcos in a, third then the Outfield Robert, MARK. Jd, Martinez, Hunter, Renfero Aquil, Badu paul Gold schmitt in utility With Nelson. Cruz so from an offense and, standpoint we certainly have some. Power you have upside with a guy Like. Torkosen If torres bounces, back it's, huge but a pretty good floor when you get Get Vlad guerrero along in the same team With Louis, ROBERT. J. D martinez And Paul. Goldschmith that that's a good weekly four.
Speaker 3: POINTS i, Think, Yeah i'm pretty happy with.
Speaker 2: It it's, interesting, though what if had said IF i had Drafted soto instead and drafted a first basement, LATER i would have scored.
Speaker 3: HIGHER i was.
Speaker 2: More looking at drafting Like Eric cole first and seeing HOW i would have put that. TOGETHER i don't know If i'm in love with this, team BUT i accomplished a lot of WHAT i wanted to. Accomplish as far as getting like really big power. Bats my obvious logic would be they are going to.
Speaker 3: Touch in on runs AND. RBI i obviously don't want.
Speaker 2: Crazy Hit albatross's that it's one of the things that might not be an advantage for guys Like Joey, gallo but the homers just means so. MUCH i accomplish most of, it though some of the players didn't work out quite WHERE i want. It LIKE i, said Having glabor in, there and you, KNOW i would have liked to have gambled less With. Torque still got, him but not have him as like the starting third base. Spot so like IF i were grading, MYSELF i probably grade this one honestly as like A b on, offense.
Speaker 3: AND i like my pitching a lot. BETTER i THOUGHT i put that pitching is.
Speaker 1: Great, yeah, yeah but the pitching is the most important. Part Urius Aaron nola than you. Got so you've locked in your top two. Guys Hopefully noel a little bit more consistent this. Year we'll see Then Rogers, Manoa Nathan, Evaldiyah Louis savarino And Ranger. SUAREZ i, MEAN i think this is a. Terrific if you can come away with this kind of pitching staff in a point so, LEAGUE i think you will be very competitive to.
Speaker 2: It, Yeah i'm that this is WHERE i would give, myself like THE a. Is as far as what the, pitchings you could push a name or two LIKE i. Wanted Joe musgrove is pitcher three so BAD i can't even.
Speaker 1: Tell you he's my pitcher. Five oh, No i'm sorry That clevenger is my pitcher.
Speaker 3: Five.
Speaker 1: YEAH i want To madres for.
Speaker 2: A, second, anything and IF i could have had, that that might have changed my perception a little. Bit BUT i like the pitching. Staff my hitting is what held me. Down it's not my favorite team THAT i put. Together you, know you got your guys' construction is probably going to be a little bit.
Speaker 1: Better let's talk About mayor's construction. Here Mike, Mayor Christian vasquez is your fallback, catcher but you Got Freddie freeman locked in there is your big. Dude then you Have Jonathan indy at second, Base bobby With junior at, Short alex bregmant. Third so the infield certainly, strong with potential for a whole lot more with a bounce back From bregman and a breakout From. Wit you've Got Kyle, Tucker Nick Cassiano's Austin, Meadows Dylan, Carlson Alex, Kirolov Ed. Rosario how do you feel about the offense, Here, MAYOR.
Speaker 4: I feel pretty. Good like you, said there's a little bit of risk on the less side of my infield With bregman and With, Wit and LIKE i said at the, Time i'm a little bit more comfortable gamembling On wit in a points. FORMAT i am a little. Nervous nervous in like in, categories you, know with some of like the ups and downs you're probably going to see from him this, Year but in. POINTS i like the upside. There.
Speaker 1: Agreed all, right let's get to your pitching staff, Here Lucas, Giolino Max freed living in living in that ONE a tier so, nice, Uh Dylan cees right after, That Pablo, lopez Franber, valdez Then Michael kopek And Tanner. HAWKE i love how all three of us did the same. Thing we gained the system with two starting pitchers as. RELIEVERS i WISH i you, KNOW i have so much regret as you Took, COPEC i almost took him in that same. Round but looking back at this, staff what are your thoughts on how it would lay out and how it would play.
Speaker 4: Out it's funny you both said you might have done it around early, earlier AND i was, like AS i was doing, IT i was, like AM i around too early on? This SHOULD i wait another? Round and So i'm glad THAT i. Didn't, yeah in terms of like the, pitching AS i was, saying like in the, beginning this is like the ideal kind of build for me is avoiding the risk of degram seeing if you can slide into the top of that next tier in Gi, alito and then beefing it up with like guyas Like, freed and see Some Pablo lopez and Vanber, valdez because there's just so many good pitchers in that kind of like middle you, know it takes so long for starting pitching to just like you, know run out of the, gas whereas with like outfield and third, base there's a clear cliff.
Speaker 1: Agreed and for, ME i showed you the other, version which is the top heavy double a. Strategy so we all showed you different. Stuff welsh And mayor did WHAT i would normally. Do but at the twelve sometimes if you get those guys we got first round grades, on you got to just go with the draft. Board So i'll start with the offense. Too Here elias Di as a, Catcher Chris bryan at, First Wit maryfield at, Second Carlos kore at, Short Brian hayes a, Third Eloya, Menez Brian, Reynolds Jared, Walsh Eddie, Rosario Josh, Jonnson Charlie. BLACKMAN i look at this, Offense, welsh and these are a lot of guys who are hitting towards the top of an, order which is very. Productive that's What i'm looking for in points leagues. Too it's almost like dfs tick guys in that one through, four one through five. Spot they get the extra bats typically more, productive it's where the runs are. Scored what do you think of this?
Speaker 2: Offense, well, YEAH i mean there's some names THAT i specifically. Wanted one that's killing. ME i almost wish the Draft wizard would Have what if is The bryant? ONE i think that might have been even THOUGH i Took Paul. Goldchman by the, WAY i think from a roster construction, standpoint my team would have FELT i would have been a lot more, comfortable AND i might have made some better. Decisions that's another thing to think about when you're putting these. Together as much AS i Like, goldie HAD i Taken bryant WHEN i THOUGHT i should take, HIM i would have had that third base, spot AND i probably would have felt a little bit more comfortable about some of that, infield AND i might have put a priority later to, get you, know LIKE i Got Nelson, cruz maybe ANOTHER dh into that. SPOT i feel LIKE i would have liked my team better HAD i Taken Chris. BRANDT i also Wanted. KOREA i Love Eloi jimenez not as big as On Brian reynolds like where you took him as you, did but you've got power and contact kind of across the. BOARD i think that's a big. Key you're not going to try to kill him with big HOMER rbi. Numbers you're gonna kill him singles and. Doubles you're gonna chip away at those stats all. Week so this is a pretty SOLID i wouldn't give this like an eight plus, offense but this is a pretty solid. Offense you put together with some NAMES i really WISH.
Speaker 1: I, had it doesn't have That, Sodo Trey, Turner Vlad. Guy so instead if because you go pitching, early which you gotta do then is pivot to you got to make sure you got a dude at every, spot right like With maryfield's a. DUDE i Think Eloya mate is a. Dude reynolds is a. Dude Like Jared walsh is gonna hit thirty bombs this, Year Eddie rosario could hit twenty five to Thirty donaldson same.
Speaker 4: Thing.
Speaker 1: LIKE i think as long as you continue to pinpoint guys in good spots and lineups in points, leagues you can make up the deficit if you decide to go pitching. Early SO i did go pitching. Early that pitching staff at the end of the day Was Max, Scherzer Walker bueller one and Two Charlie morton at the. Three that's about, what, LIKE i don't, know a thousand strike caofts between those three, guys Uh seane McClanahan And Mike, clevenger Then Christian hoveyer And Hazus. LOZARDO i KNOW i took some risks with the relievers, here mayor what do you think of this pitching staff THAT i put, together especially those nasty boys at the.
Speaker 4: Top, well the only thing about the nasty boys at the top is there's a little bit of risk, there, right and so that would be fuller.
Speaker 1: Insureser what's the risk Of surezer at this? POINT i, mean every year the guy leads the league of. Shortcounts what are we doing to ourselves? Here?
Speaker 4: Right but he's just just one hundred years. Old if he finally did start to show his age a little bit last, year you, know there was some injuries and he kept coming back from.
Speaker 1: Them but like at some point Off funians while he was you, know negotiating the labor. Agreement SO i hope that's going to work. Out my favorite but you're not. Wrong you're.
Speaker 3: NOT i want to say it was Cool, ranch.
Speaker 1: But That funians is. Funnier by the, way Cool ranch is my preferred to, rito mayor do you have a preferred to?
Speaker 4: Rito definitely not Cool. Ranch what's like the? Original like red?
Speaker 1: One that's the ONE i, like not just like nacho. Cheese you know you say that spicy sweet chili one is good.
Speaker 4: TOO i like that.
Speaker 2: One nacho cheese is like the go. To BUT i find myself IF I i'm in a chip pinch THERE i do Go Cool. Ranch here's a side one if you want to pretend to feel better about. Yourself they have organic tortilla ones that are the doritos, now so you can have white cheddar organic tortilla chips and it's just like you, know your little tortilla chip, action maybe a little mark or something like.
Speaker 3: That some white. Cheddar huh go very.
Speaker 1: Nice my what if is IF i had Taken Mookie betts and just one of those two, PITCHERS i would have been significantly higher and probably so and because of the way the pitching is tiered, OUT i would have been very happy IF i ended up With verlander And morton is my two to three. INSTEAD i think that would have been perfectly. Fine but this is what's so great about the, Draft Wizards, off where it gives you all these insights so you can learn and get. Better And i'm glad we were able to give you some points league love out, there because points leagues are leagues, too and they deserve, it and a big growing sector of the fantasy baseball community a lot of people shifting over there. ENOUGH i always hate when people, say, Oh i'm in a ten by ten, league AND i, go, why why aren't you just in a points. LEAGUE i don't understand why you're doing this to yourself where every category is the, same because it's not find all the, stats wait them. Appropriately stolen base shouldn't be worth as much as a home, run a save shouldn't be as much as a quality start or a. Win this is called logic AND i hope we're bringing that to you here along with great baseball. Content and of course you can find that content at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy PROS. Mlb subscribe today and click that notifications bell when you do so you're ready every single day When Leading off goes live With, welsh myself and our cast of amazing, characters And i'm Sure Mike mayer will be showing up on that as. Well don't forget to to use our mock draft lobby over fantasypros dot com Slash Draft wizard that is. Open MUDs are open the multi user draft, software so you can draft with your, friends or you could just use the regular old Draft wizard and draft by yourself if you've just had enough of everyone for the day and their. Scumbags Like welsh said, before whenever emoji might be scumbags was.
Speaker 3: Harsh.
Speaker 2: MAN i know it sounds, harsh so actually when you say, it it sounded even. Worse and NOW i don't want to say right it sounds now that you know.
Speaker 1: What it was fun in the, moment and that's WHERE i. LIVE i live in the. Moment SO i enjoyed living in the moment with YouTube today AND i hope everybody enjoyed this. Episode we'll be back again next week with the all breakout, team And i'm telling you we're just a week away from leading. Off get. Excited you can interact with us live on the YouTube channel when we're. Recording if you've got, snarky fun things to, say then this is the place to do. It or if you just want to become A peanut and Cracker, jack go subscribe to Our Fantasy PROS mlb channel and join our discord as well at fantasypros dot com slash. Chat that'll do it for, us but the story of the game goes on For welsh And. Mayor I'm JOEY. P we'll see you next. Time, kids