Speaker 1: You're listening to The Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome to the Buck Brief. On this episode, our friend Danielle Desuza Gil. She's the author of the book The Choice, Conservative Commentator and a new mom, which is very exciting. How old is the baby?
Speaker 1: Oh, thanks, Bob, because she is six months old. So she's had such a cute phase and it's really fun.
Speaker 2: That's very exciting. Yeah, six months amazing. I had my little eighteen month old nephew visiting recently and you know, running around my apartment with you know, his mom chasing after him, and he's just like he's like a little chunky bumper car. You know, he just sort of like rolls around, runs into things. He's fine though, but like because he can't get that much speed, right, Like, it's he's kind of moving slow, but he's small, so he sort of bumps, he goes whoa, then he bums into something else. Whoa. But it's a lot of fun. Congrats on that. That's the stuff that really matters. But let's talk about the country for a second. A few things here Where are you on the Majorcus impeachment. You know, they just impeach him in the House. You think this is going to matter or is it a good move politically? What do you see from it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think it is a good move, Buck, because I think it'll force Senate Democrats to go on the record saying what they think of Majorcas. Do they stand with Biden and his horrible disaster border policies? Christen Cinema, other people will have to decide on this. So even if it doesn't result in, you know, the way that we want, I feel like in the end, the Democrats will have to defend Biden's actions or we'll have to go against Biden. And it's important that people know that it's not just Biden who is doing this to the country, it's Majorcus and really the whole party is pushing this open border disaster. So I think that in the end it's actually a good thing.
Speaker 2: And the border issue seems like it's going to be absolutely essential for if Republicans want to win. I mean, I go back to twenty sixteen, I think about Donald Trump and what was the main issue. Yes, there's Trump the persona and all that he represents, and talks about. But in terms of policy, the border was the thing more than anything else. I think quite clearly that elevated him to the front of the GOP pack and then allowed him to defeat Hillary Clinton. Is that the key this time around? And how do you think he should message it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I totally agree with you. I think the messaging on it is strong, of course, But I also think that when we look at it, it's not just about the messaging. The Democrats want our border to be porous and open because they want to import Democrat voters. We have millions of illegals coming into this country every year, and let's just say each person running for president gets around eighty million votes. That's going to make a huge difference if they're bringing in all of these millions of people. And I think when we look at this upcoming election in twenty twenty four, we see Joe who clearly has dementia, Clearly he is past his prime. And so if they're running a candidate that's that week, and we're running a president who's as vigilant and strong and successful as President Trump, then how do we not know that we have the election in the bag? I think it's because clearly the system is broken, and clearly it's because of things like an open border. So if we don't seal the border, what's going to happen to us in twenty twenty eight, What's going to happen to future elections? I think Republicans will be scratching their heads saying to themselves, how do we fix our messaging when in reality, the system needs to be fixed, and the border, I think is the key to that because we need to have only Americans voting in our elections.
Speaker 2: And it seems to me that there's finally an awakening of what these numbers really mean. Because you've got call it seven million, and even at best the official number is an estimate, right, call it seven million, but it'll be eight million by the time people are voting in the fall. And they see that number, that's a huge number, right, That alone has meeting. But beyond that, I think what's going on in New York and Chicago, where people see that these are individuals who are in the country illegally, who are going to be a drain on public resources, and that this is going to affect people's kids' schools, and it's going to affect emergency rooms and housing and the tax base.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and not to mention the fact that we're one of the only countries where you can just come across the border and have a child here and they're an American citizen. So I think that this policy is being abused, the fact that many of these people are not actually refugees. Many people are taking advantage of this because they know that they can come in under Biden and hopefully and hopefully stay here. And when we look at our schools, when we look at our hospitals and all of these things that are already burdened even just by the fact that we have a welfare state. Now we're going to have all of these illegal goals coming here, many of whom are criminals. But as you mentioned, even if you're not one of those people, you're still going to be taking from Americans. And many people who are coming in here, we don't know their intentions, you know. I mean, the Democrats always want to act like we're evil if we say that any of them are criminals. But there's not just drug trafficking, there's human trafficking, and we really need to seal the border immediately.
Speaker 2: Let's talk in a moment here about the Democrats side of things and your sense of where it's all going with Joe Biden, which is, I feel like an everyday news cycle on its own now. But first up. With the world favoring online investing, stock markets and cryptocurrencies, it almost seems archaic to some people to look at tangible assets real things. But you want to be ahead of the herd, not following it, because we barely even carry cash nowadays, So why would it be a good idea to invest in something physical?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Because look at history, look at what happens. Gold and other pressures have been a sound investment for banks, governments, businesses, and individuals for decades, for centuries even There are some very clear reasons why. Primary advantage of adding gold to your portfolio is its stability. Gold is also a nice hedge against inflation, meaning a good defense against your cash getting eaten up by inflation. One popular advantage of investing in gold is nobody knows you have it unless you tell them, and the unlikely event of a massive financial crisis, you can use your gold as currency. Go to Oxford gooldgroup dot com, slash free to request your free information kid or to make a precious medals purchase yourself. I've done it. I've worked with Oxford Gold for years and I've gotten my gold from them. Oxford gooldgroup dot com slash free again. That's Oxford gooldgroup dot com slash free. Danielle, where are you look? You probably know this if you follow me on Twitter or we follow each other on Twitter, so you know that. I'm I think it's gonna be Joe Biden, no matter what. Are you? Are you one of these people that's talking the nonsense about Michelle Obama taking over suddenly?
Speaker 1: No? No, I've actually always thought it's going to be Joe Biden because Joe Biden can only be removed if he wants to remove himself. I know Republicans talk about the fact that he has some kind of puppet master, and it's Obama or his wife or someone who's controlling him all the time. And certainly he has his handlers, he has his teleprompter, but at the end of the day, he really has to be forcibly removed, and I don't think the Democrats can make him step down. He really does want to be president, I think, even though he clearly shouldn't be, and so I think it's going to be Biden. But I think the fact that they're running Joe Biden shows that the Democrats have a system, and they used it with Fetterman, who was basically comatose when he was running for Senate, to get him across the finish line. So I think that the Democrats are worried about it. They don't like Joe Biden. I'm sure they prefer a more robust candidate, maybe Gavin Newsom, but they're going to find a way to make this election as close as possible, even though we're running such a great candidate, President Trump. So it's a huge problem for us.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm happy to see that. You also are living in a little place called reality. I don't know why all these people think. Imagine this, They're gonna run all the way. They're going to have an incumbent president. It'd be one thing if it was if Biden was running, right, if he was like running against a Republican. But at this point, you know, let's say they had declared him the nominee, but there was still time before the convention. Then I could see something like this, because all right, we're gonna we're gonna change it up. They're talking about getting rid of the sitting president, the skipping over the vice president, and pulling over a third a third party, of third person of some cond Michelle Obama, Gavin knew from somebody else, which would mean that all the spending that they do all the time, you know, knocking on door saying vote Biden Harris until July is up in smoke, effectively, and you're gonna try to do that now. People say, oh, butocrats will vote for any Democrat. Yeah, but if they're going to win the election, they're going to beat Donald Trump, They're going to have to win swing voters. They're going to have to win up for grab voters, low propensity voters, and that requires infrastructure and time. So I mean, to me, this is I don't know what it is the right these days. If it's a conspiracy, people are all in on it, and if I try to tell them that this is not a good conspiracy, they think that I'm the one who's uh drinking the crazy juice.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Well, look, I feel like, if it's not Biden, let's say something happened to him. I think it's going to obviously be Harris because of course Harris is the VP, and the Democrats, they are obsessed with race, gender, politics, all of this, so they're not going to skip over the first black woman vice president because it kind of goes against their whole ideology. Obviously, as conservatives, we don't care about that kind of stuff, but on the left, that's like really taboo for them. So I think any discussion of some other third or fourth candidate is really really silly. Going to be Biden, And if for some reason, by physical reason, it can't be Biden, I think it would be Harris. And I don't really think the Democrats want Harris because Harris is actually even more unpopular than Biden. So I think they'd actually prefer to just keep it as Biden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think so too. And what we just saw in Long Island and the third Congressional District, let's actually talk Well we talked about that for a second. Then I'll ask you a Valentine's you're wearing Valentine's red. It's Valentine's Day also Ash Wednesday for those who are of the Catholic faithful. But we should first get into congressional The third Congressional district in Long Island. This it was an eight point defeat. The Republicans have a pretty good infrastructure in Long Island. Long Island has been trending red. But they had a Democrat who did three things right they're putting aside. Okay, he's known, he's been there a long time, and he did have some pretty solid advantages. But this was obviously a Republican seat belonged to Antos. Republicans decided to get rid of Santos, which to me, you're going to have an election coming up anyway, Just let the people decide on a new candidate. But it's total own goal for Republicans, but they love doing that. But in this in this third congressional district, Danielle, three things happened. You had a guy who said he was strong a Democrat said he was strong on the border, hit Trump and you know, democracy threats, and talked about being you know, abortion and the need for abortion to be you know, all nine months of a pregnancy or whatever. Any won And I think I think that should be concerning for people who think we're going to win in the suburbs in Pennsylvania and Georgia and elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I think that what happened was the Democrat running tried to associate Santos with the Republican opponent. I think obviously Santos made Republicans who want to run for that seat look horrible. I don't think Santos should have even been removed at this point. Because we have such a narrow majority, we really put ourselves into a tricky spot. So I personally think Democrats are immoral. They do horrible things all the time. So this idea that we're just going to flagellate our own because we have some higher principles, but we're just going to let democrats get away with crimes is ridiculous. And I think whoever does run for that seat next is actually going to be strong as a Republican. I think this was kind of the leftover of Santos's bad record running as a Republican. There.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you. I hope you're right, because this was a seat that we should have won. Lost by eight not not a good indicator of what the GOP machinery is capable of right now. But let's come back and talk about something full, which is Valentine's data. Second, are you wondering how everyone's talking about Belize these days. Whoa boy? Belize is fantastic. It's fun. Imagine visiting a country that just a couple of hours from, say Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, and you can enjoy a rainforest in white sand beaches in the same day. Belize is fun because you can float through caves, down a jungle river, climb an ancient Mayan ruin, swim with nurse sharks and rays, cast for a grand Slam the Ultimate, and fly fishing on the flats, snorkel or scuba dive the longest living reef in the world. Or simply relax, enjoy the beach bars, playing live music and dance under the stars before you know the sun comes up, and also have the best lobster dinner you've had in a very long time. Don't take my word for it, Go visit, go check it out. Belize is amazing for so many reasons. Download your free Belize handbook and God go to belizeesfun dot com. That's Belize is fun dot Com. All right, so you're a married lady, I'm a married man. Valentine's Day, I got to wipe some flowers. We're having a nice steak dinner to night at home, not go to restaurants, because restaurants rip you off on Valentine's But people get mad at me when I say that, what is your Valentine's plan? How should it happen for married ladies out there listening?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Well, our plan is we're actually campaigning. My husband's running for US Congress in Texas. He's been endorsed by President Trump and Senator Cruz and he will join the House Freedom Caucus if he wins a selection. So we are actually focusing on that and the campaign and voters here. But we're gonna be with Marrigold, our daughter, and probably just be at home.
Speaker 2: That's the way to do it. That's the I just keep telling her Valentine should be celebrated. I don't mean there's in any should be celebrated in the home. I think that's the best way to do it. You know, now, I get it if you're if you're if you're like in the dating scene, and you know you got to take somebody out and try to impress them. But to me, anytime there's pressure on a night, whether it's Valentine's, New Year's Eve or whatever, you're just making it less likely you're going to enjoy yourself. You're going to pay more, get less from the restaurant or the club or the whatever you're going to do, and for what, you know, I don't know. I feel like, you know, don't don't get caught up with all the all the peasant stuff, like go celebrate that stuff on another day and have a nice quiet night on New Year's or on Valentine's That's my take on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely not to mention the fact that I feel like when you're at home you can actually have more of a conversation and stuff and home cooked meals are really great. I think that's actually huge win on a date because going out to eat is easy. It's actually more fun to cook at home.
Speaker 2: What uh if you were? If you were, if you were going to tell yourself, it's kind of like advice for you know, new parents out there or soon to be new parents out there. You're six month and you're very excited. I can see in the background for if you're not, if you're listening on on audio right now on the podcast and you don't know, we have buck Brief the YouTube channel. We just really we just launched the YouTube channel, so it's brand new. Please go subscribe to the buck Brief that is the YouTube channel that you want. But you'll see a little baby Marrigold in the background who's absolutely adorable. But what is the one thing you've learned or advice you'd want to give people out there?
Speaker 1: I would say, don't be afraid to have kids. I think that there's a huge stigma around it. Especially, It's like the stigmas if you're a guy, you know, just only focus on your career and be a hipster. I don't know, like, go do all these other things and then you can figure those things out. I think the same thing is pushed on women to only focus on your career. But I feel like you can, actually you can have a family, you can still do interesting things and it actually brings you a lot of joy. And it's unfortunate a lot of young women especially don't realize that because they're sold a lot of lies, especially from the media, from shows like Sex and the City and all this, and I think, yet, you really can't have a lot of joy from that.
Speaker 2: All right, excellent stuff. Danielle de Susa gil my friend, Good to see you. Her book is The Choice by the way go pick up a copy of the Choice and Danielle thanks for being here.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much. Buck