Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for incenter news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters.
Speaker 2: At the Star in Frisco. And now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: Today is April twenty second, it is a Tuesday, and we are two days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. It's the final Draft Show presented by Miller Lte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. It's Miller Time as we lead into draft weekends starting on Thursday, six pm Central Time on one oh five to three the fan in Dallascowboys dot Com the Dallas Cowboys Radio Network on Thursday, and then we work all the way through the weekend, all two hundred and fifty seven picks coming up. Starting on Thursday. We've got Zach Wilchuck, Brian brought us, Tommy Yarsh, Nick Harris, I'm Kyle Yeomans with Chris and crew in the back. He's got a full team back there getting ready for this b roll and making sure that we've got every prospect covered. Because Brian, it's time. It's draft week. How about that came quickly, didn't it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Not really.
Speaker 5: No, it's been a while. I guess i'd feel like I've been working on this. I know next time, I've been working on since the summer. I started in summer at two yeah, and yeah November.
Speaker 2: So no, it's u.
Speaker 5: The thing right now is, like I say, I'm consumed with trying to figure out how their stack looks, and I'm trying to figure out around the league. So I have an idea potentially of where this thing could fall for Dallas. I'm trying to prepare for the worst possible scenarios where, you know, for a say, for example, when Ashton Genty goes to five to Jacksonville and then now that turns the Raiders into maybe a tech McMillan or something like that. I need to figure out how high they have Matthew Golden on their board they have offensive linemen above him. Is the distance between those guys pretty significant?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: Is Will Johnson and play We're gonna have a chance to talk with Will McLay and those guys and Jerry Jones and those guys today. You know, we can ask some probing questions to maybe get an idea of where they're looking at with some of these players, they probably won't tell us the names, but if you can ask them to specifically give you an idea of how they measure certain players or look at certain players, then maybe that can give you some clues. But we need to figure out how this stack is going to be because there's gonna be a possibility there's some players that we've all kind of talked about that might not be there for this football team. That part of it's the fun part for me right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's no question I think that Ted McMillan is to pick if he's there at twelve. To me, that's I think the direction they're going to go. I think he's their top wide receiver on their board personally. But you're gonna have to navigate some some minefields now, because it does sound like Ashton Genty and Brian you were on that yesterday on our show. Jackson was probably gonna snag him there at five, and maybe New England might end up just saying, you know what, we're gonna take him at four.
Speaker 2: So where does Ted go?
Speaker 6: Could Ted still be in play with New England who's been tonning for wide receivers. I know they signed Stefon Diggs, but that's a different type of wide receiver, or are they locked in on Will Campbell what happens with the Vegas Raiders. Then at six, I think that's a great point for Tech McMillan as well. New Orleans at nine, we've thought maybe a quarterback there. It doesn't sound like they'ren on George Sanders. It sounds like Jackson Dark could be the guy. Do they pivot and take Tech McMillan.
Speaker 5: It sounds like to me that Walker's in play there. The edge linebacker from Georgia is what a lot of people are saying that the corner the quarterback is not going to be the selection there.
Speaker 2: We'll see, we'll see how.
Speaker 5: But right now, the name that I'm hearing really strong in New Orleans is Jalen Walker, the edge linebacker from But he's also in play potential Carolina with Carolina at eight.
Speaker 2: So these are guys that if you asked.
Speaker 5: Me right now, give me a wild card guy that if he got through, and I think Walker's a wildcard guy. You just don't send coaches down in a private workout to just to send them down there. You're trying to kind of figure some things out. We'll figure it out with Malik Williams out there. You figure it out too with this, you know, with Walker as well. So I think they're trying to kind of set things up that if they in fact, you know, and I'm not saying to get wiped out, but there's some potentially some guys that they think might be there. Now this thing is shaking a couple of different ways that maybe those guys that they thought about here maybe a couple of weeks ago, might not be available and they have to be able to pivot off that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, five to eleven could go a million different directions.
Speaker 8: Really good, absolutely, And there's some pretty strong reports from people I trust at least that say the three offensive linemen are going to be in the top ten. And if that's factoring in Will Campbell, arm On membu Kelvin Banks, what does that look like?
Speaker 7: Where do those guys go?
Speaker 8: And then on the flip side, who falls you know, who's going to be there for you at twelve you maybe didn't expect. Is it a Jalen Walker or is it a Tech McMillan, potentially is it a Mason Graham? Even I don't think you'll slip that far, but I'm just kind of speaking speaking to the million possibilities that this top twelve will have. You know, this team, they can they can go through the possibilities, they can go through the scenarios, but they really won't know what it's going to look like until the war room is there, and there will there'll there will be a war room discussion If Teed McMillan is off the board, I think it will be a war room discussion to try to guys campaigning for their guys and we'll be watching the draft feed right here looking at them going back and forth.
Speaker 5: Do you think Nick, that they will just sit there and trust the stack though? When they you know, maybe the discussions that they need to have right now are being had. And I think this is why, you know, with with the draft being a couple of days away, these are the times you sit in that room and really has shot, Okay, what if?
Speaker 2: What if?
Speaker 5: And just and just create as much tension as you can in that room right now so that when you know, we saw what happened with the Johnny Manziel, you know, the potential Johnny Manziel discussion. Yes it was brought up, but then it was quickly brought up that Hey, we have Zach Martin in our stack here and here. I would hate for them to get in that room and start jumping tacks. If that was the case, that to me defeats everything. If you're going to put together an order and you say this is how we would take these players, and you don't window dress your board, you should take those players. So the discussions I think need to be happening right now. I don't know, it sounds like that, maybe you might feel different about that.
Speaker 8: Well, it is the benefit of having a guy like Brian Schottenheimer in the building. He's going to over communicate, he's going to go through those scenarios. He's going to talk that through with the scouting staff. Whereas a couple of years ago when there was a debate between Mazzie Smith and Matthew bergeron you know, was that something that maybe could have been addressed in the days prior and would they maybe have made a better pick, you know, whether it wasn't those two guys or somewhere else. So I wonder how much they they've learned on those kinds of things and can go back to.
Speaker 3: It kind of the way that you're outlining this, Brian, It kind of sounds like you feel like there is going to be some window dressing you talk.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I just like I said to me there, and I'm sorry I didn't let you finish there.
Speaker 2: That's my apology.
Speaker 5: I don't think they to me, they you shouldn't window dress. That's and I can't speak for them what's going on in that room right now. But if you're sitting there jumping tags, okay, let's let's be honest. Tom Seskowski lost his job here with the Sharif Floyd draft. If you remember, as they had the scouts had him, and then Rod Marinelli wanted nothing to do with Serif Floyd. When it came down to Dallas's time to pick, they dropped back out of there and they took something else Frederick out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had draft. It was it was it was something. But like I said, they had they had a.
Speaker 5: Plan for what they wanted to do, and Tom Saskowski stood up and said, hey, you know, wait a minute, we've got this player. What are we doing. Ultimately cost him his job. You know, that's that's the change that you made right there because of the discussions that weren't had beforehand.
Speaker 2: I would like to believe.
Speaker 5: That they're not going to jump tags and they're going to have that stack how they want it. And you saw it, you know, you talked about war room discussions. It happened perfectly when you looked at how they drafted draft or they had drafted Zach Martin. When Ryan Chazer went off the board, Jerry Zones fired, Look, hey, Johnny Manziel is still there. Yeah, Johnny Manziel's tags below Zach Martin's tack. You know we're gonna take Zach Martin here. Jerry, Yeah, you know. And that's okay, that's how those things work. So but if there's window dressing going on and all that, then to me, that doesn't that that that always spells like failure. To me, I get when you jump in tags because you're not true to your board.
Speaker 6: The one question I would have, and we've all been studying this draft and you're kind of putting together your own stacks, is you do kind of have a clump of players that are all very similar.
Speaker 2: And I think that.
Speaker 6: They would probably be comfortable with a good cluster of players, which is why I like the trade back.
Speaker 2: I think would be ideal for them.
Speaker 6: The problem is you're hearing everybody kind of wants to move back, and I don't think you're gonna get a partner. So is it less of maybe jumping tags just in this weird draft? How it is when you've got players, stack them.
Speaker 2: Stack them, stack them.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you've got a cluster of players and we're all dealing with this right now, like I say, I'm gonna I'm gonna post my stack two hundred and thirty five players. Watch how I did the running backs in the second round, when it came to my board, when it came to Johnson, when it came to Hampton, when it came to Henderson. You know, I to myself, I said, I've got to do this for myself. I've got to determine my gut feeling or film whatever you want to say.
Speaker 2: Medical. I determined that my guys and what order I put them in.
Speaker 5: You know, if like you say, yeah, the cluster's nice, put the cluster in the order that you would take it. Don't just jump around. Don't all of a sudden like, oh jeez, we like this guy on the clock. You know, you don't have a lot of time as is to be having these discussions, these discussions need to be have right now.
Speaker 9: And I think when you put that much work into a board and that much work into studying these prospects, you're kind of doing yourself a disservice if you don't stick to it, because then you.
Speaker 10: Don't trust your own process.
Speaker 9: And I think with the success that Dallas has had in the draft, if you look at a broader scale of it, going back really in terms of their franchise history, and I think that they've done.
Speaker 2: A good job.
Speaker 9: And you've in that broom, Brian, so you've seen what they've been able to do in terms of this class. It is interesting because zac they very clearly it seems like, want to move back if they can, and everybody wants to move back if they can. My question is, since everybody wants to move back, I wonder if there's one of the thirty two teams out there that's saying, you know, what if we move up Denver?
Speaker 2: What if?
Speaker 7: What if ever?
Speaker 2: Broncos?
Speaker 10: What if?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: What if we're what if we're overthinking this a little bit?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: What if there's someone there, like if Tech McMillan falls and Denver calls you, yeah that I think that would be the conundrum where we're looking at that screen over there here on Thursday, and there's a lot of debate going on because what can you get it?
Speaker 10: If you if you would you be it.
Speaker 9: Would you be willing to sacrifice Ted McMillan to move back to twenty taking that cag ye, go and pick up another top one hundred, pick.
Speaker 2: Pick fifty one. That's where the debate I think is good. If you if all of a sudden, you know, the cowboys will tell you.
Speaker 5: And Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones are adamant about this and correct me if I'm wrong. Boys, you know, the minute you pick up that phone, you're losing the deal. Yeah, they say that, the minute you pick up that phone, you're losing the deal. So okay, they pick up the phone. We've seen plenty of times when they're on the clock. Stephen Jones phone, he's just waiting. Phones ring and phone ring and maybe it doesn't ring, maybe it doesn't ring it but see they're waiting. They're waiting to see. But you have to be ready for these discussions if in fact, like listen, if we're going to take this deal, what are we moving back for. That's what the cluster of players helps you, but make sure you have the clusters of players right how you would take them. You know, there doesn't need to be a discussion about that, Like, Okay, if we trade back and they and they go in order, and we're comfortable with taking the third guy in the cluster, then let's make this trade. If we're not, let's stand in here and make a pick.
Speaker 8: That's make sure of the deal with Denver that could be just kind of throw a wrench into this is that it would be a forty point overpay for Denver to go up to twelve.
Speaker 2: We saw it.
Speaker 8: We'd give it up with Detroit last year, giving them twenty to fifty one. Yeah, we saw it with Detroit last year. But because there were a lot of calls that they were fielding right, we're not going to be fielding nearly as many calls this year. I don't think fifty one would be in play if that were to happen. I think it would be a third or and then maybe you get under seventh or something.
Speaker 2: Down the line like pig eighty five.
Speaker 5: I would like to believe that Sean Payton, if he's coming up the board from twenty to twelve, has somebody in mind, and it doesn't bother him to do that. He has a relationship with the Joneses. And maybe, and Nick, I love what you're saying, I think, and I don't think you're wrong. I just think this is if there's somebody that can cut a deal with the Joneses on an overpay. Look what like I say, Dan Campbell in that group last year, it's they have a relationship. If you have relationships in the league, and sometimes you're like, listen, I want to go get this guy.
Speaker 2: And if I have to overpay a.
Speaker 5: Two, maybe the draft gods are smiling on him because they should have got a two when they traded back for Trap when they got Travis Frederick, they took a three. Maybe the draft gods are saying, this is the time you get an overpay. You know, we're going to give you one here. But you know, I mean to me, this is I think that a lot of the relationships are the ones that are in hotant here. Trading partners are important that like, listen, you want to come up here and get your player, I'll take fifty one from you, you know, and and and.
Speaker 2: We'll call it a day.
Speaker 5: And you know, you kind of put the ball in Shawn's court and if he says no, then you just move on with your day.
Speaker 3: How much what would a return pick look like that in that scenario, because you could send another pick back of those fifths and that makes up the fifty overpay, yeah, forty overpay.
Speaker 8: It would be that first fifth. And you don't want to go from what is it, seventy six?
Speaker 2: And I'm not interested in that.
Speaker 7: I'm not interested in doing that.
Speaker 3: But you pick up two seconds, you still have you have four top one hundred.
Speaker 8: I would rather get the third and send like a seventh, to be honest, sure if that's if that's what it had.
Speaker 2: To be, and that might be the back in chart. Yeah, yeah, that's right. Now, going back to what Brian.
Speaker 3: Was talking about, when it comes to hold them up and get them, get them.
Speaker 5: I would, I'd hold them up. I'm like, listen, you want to come up here and grab a player. Obviously, I'm I'm interested. Sure, you could take twelve. I want fifty one, you know, and they're like, listen, we can't do fifty one. Then I'm like okay, then I'm then I'm done. Yeah, yeah, I'm done. And then maybe somebody else wants to come up there. But to me, if you want to make that kind of move, if we're going to be in a draft where people are not gonna give me value for my pick, you know, and pick, then I'm just gonna I'm just gonna stand there and pick.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if they stand there and pick, we're talking about window dressing boards, right, and what it would look like. Let's pretend we don't have the connection. We don't talk to the war room.
Speaker 2: It's on mute.
Speaker 3: We're just watching them put the pick in on Thursday at twelve, and it ends up being one of these surprise names where it's Mikeel Williams or Shamar Stewart or will Johnson or Jade Baron or one of these other guys that's not Matthew Golden, Tedo At McMillan and kind of the guys that we think to be.
Speaker 2: Likely to be the pick at twelve.
Speaker 3: Would you consider that window dressing your board or would you consider that stay?
Speaker 5: No, stack they they if they if they have Mikeel Williams and Stewart and all those guys, No, that's their stack, that's the stack. That's their stack. I'm not trust me we're all selfish. SOB's in this room. We want them to take the guys we like we do. It makes good, it makes good drama, it makes good theater, it makes all these.
Speaker 2: Things we want them to. We don't want. I don't want to sit here and rip them for taking a player that I didn't like. That's not good. But to me, yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: Their stack, and if that's their stack, then I'm not going to have a problem with that. If they solve we all see these players different. Hell Nick and I see players different a lot, Zach. I always see players different in this thing. So if that's what they think, if that's what they believe, that's on them. It's not on me. But you know, I'm hey, we put it out there. We're transparent.
Speaker 2: But I'm like.
Speaker 5: I said, if that's how they have it stacked it, it's not window dressing. That's that's their board.
Speaker 6: I want to kick this around, And Brian, I mean, you've you've taught me stick to the stick to the stack, stick to your board, don't wind it.
Speaker 2: Why dude, we don't do it.
Speaker 5: I'm saying if you don't, if you don't do it, if you don't believe in it then, don't I hear you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: The one thing that I wanted to ask because you were trying to figure out, Hey, what are teams wanting, and you're starting to hear corners could be a big run here and they might go higher like some of these guys Maxwell Harriston, Trey Amos out of all Ole miss right, these guys might go higher than you think. Do you end up saying like, maybe I need to prioritize a position there because I might get wiped out and I'm not going to get it there at forty four?
Speaker 5: Or if with Taco, wasn't that a Taco situation, didn't they feel like they weren't going to get a defensive end coming back around.
Speaker 6: Because that's why I'm starting to feel at forty four, you're probably not going running back. You're probably gonna have to go cornerback there else you're not going to get a guy that you think is a legit day one starter.
Speaker 5: The thing that might happen is we might see a slide on some of these defensive tackles that we like because of some medical questions. We might see because of Collins, some of the medical questions with him, we might see some of the medical questions too, potentially and maybe some other issues with harmon from you know, from Oregon as a possibly maybe some of these tackles that we really really like up high are going to slide a little bit and we'll be surprised with wow, why is that guy still there? But this is the disadvantage of this room has We don't have medical information on these players, correct, you know, we hear things and stuff like that, but not all of them.
Speaker 2: The question is how many guys on this.
Speaker 5: Board have things that teams absolutely don't want to take And we're sitting there and got these guys in the second and third round.
Speaker 2: You see it from like years past.
Speaker 3: Nikobe Dean was one that recently was one of our top fifteen sixteen players in the entire drafted.
Speaker 5: But it might have to do with the lack of size there on that one more than anything.
Speaker 3: Sure, And I think there was the same thing. Yeah, and Joey Porter Junior. Yeah, I mean it's gonna happen. There's gonna be at least one name that we're going to be sitting there middle of the first round saying why is this name still available?
Speaker 12: And it may be a guy that the Cowboys have talked to.
Speaker 3: It may be somebody completely different and off the radar to a certain extent. And Tommy, I think you've been around this team enough to see kind of where they're leaning. The conversation is Tet versus Golden? Should it be something else other than Tet versus Golden at this point.
Speaker 12: Or is that still the most likely pairing?
Speaker 9: I mean, if both of them are, that should absolutely be the conversation.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 9: I think when you've got, you know, two players of that caliber at such a position of need in that second wide receiver spot, you look at Ted McMillan and say, Okay, this is a guy who can be our downfield threat. We need a guy who can compliment CD on the outside. He can give that to us. And then Matthew Golden somewhat the same thing, just kind of in a different way. Stephen Jones said at league meetings that you know they want they want an explosive second option. I think both of them are explosive in their own separate ways. The question is going to be what kind of explosiveness are they looking for? Are they looking for the explosiveness explosiveness in the speed aspect where you've got Matthew Golden who ran you know, a four two nine forty yard dash and he's just able to create separation early when at the top of his routes. Or do you look at Tetoro McMillan's explosion in terms of what he can do in the air and with his catch radius and things like that. And so if those two guys are on the board, then that absolutely has to be the discussion.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 9: Now the interesting part of it is, I don't think McMillan's going to be there. I I really don't think so. I think he's that good of a player, and I think that there's gonna be someone in the top eleven that's going to.
Speaker 10: Have him higher.
Speaker 9: And I mean, you even look at a team like San Francisco. They're the biggest wild card out of all this because if McMillan gets past the Bears at ten, which he if he's still there, he probably will. I don't see them taking McMillan, then everything's on the table for San Franco.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so there would poach you round after.
Speaker 9: Round, absolutely, And so McMillan is the guy that you know, you could say, okay, that's possible. And saying it could be the pick, they could look at something else as a bigger position of need. But you know that that's what it comes down to. So if he's off the board, then it comes down to the conversation that we were just having, which is, what does your stack look like? Is Matthew Golden ahead of a Mike kel Williams. Is he ahead of a Shamar Stewart if he continues to drop?
Speaker 10: Is is he ahead of Jayalen Walker? If Jaylen Walker drops?
Speaker 9: I personally think Matthew Golden would do very well with the Cowboys, but I also wouldn't be surprised if there are other guys higher. I mean, I've still got Luther Burden higher on my board in terms of wide receiver. He's my second best wide receiver. I just don't know if he's the wide receiver fifth of that the Cowboys are looking for. Right well, I wrote down my notes on him. I feel like I'm watching Seeddey Lamb's Oklahoma tape. When I watch him play, it's a lot of the similar It's a lot of similar things. Now, two Ceedey Lambs on a team is not necessarily the worst thing in the world. But if you're looking for a compliment to him and not necessarily a clone. Then that that's where the conversation comes into play. So it wouldn't shock me if there are other names that are higher on the board. But if t Mack and Golden are there, that's your conversation.
Speaker 2: Buka is the big question for me.
Speaker 10: That's another one.
Speaker 6: Right, Like Buka and Golden, see, I don't really think Burden's in play for them, and you could end up being right man. Burden can end up being one of the best of this draft. But Buka is the guy that I would be advocating for personally. They talk a lot about wanting to improve the running game mechag Buka and I've stressed this. He is, in my opinion, the best blocking wide receiver in this class. I think he can play all three wide receiver spots. I don't think he's getting enough credit for the explosives that he can play with. There are times you will see them dump the ball off at Ohio State to a mechg Buka and he takes a short three five yard slant drag screen and takes it fifty yards to the house. I think he is one of the safest can't miss players in this draft, and you're talking about one, I'm filling a need. Two, I'm filling an absolute robin to my batman, and he has played that role his entire career. I love him the body, control the route, running the hands.
Speaker 2: I would be standing on the table and fighting for a mechic Buka.
Speaker 6: He's got the size at six one two oh five, and maybe Matthew gold ends up being a better player, and he certainly got the speed there. But I really wonder between those two because I think it's tet one. But who's their wide receiver too? Is it Golden? Isn't a mechic Buka. I don't think we've talked about him enough.
Speaker 2: Is he number two on your board? He's number two for me? Okay?
Speaker 3: So you're not window dressing. You're standing on it and you're saying it's three. That would end up being Golden Golden, ye golder than Verin would be four. Okay, not included trivers.
Speaker 5: Say how many players do you have between McMillan and Golden on your board?
Speaker 7: Of about twenty four to twenty five?
Speaker 2: Okay in between? So it's not close to you.
Speaker 8: My Golden is behind McMillan, mc buka and Burden for me.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Okay, but but as far as the top guys, say, for example, like if it was a Will Johnson, or it was a Michel Williams, or it was one of these offensive linemen, say like a Simmons or somebody like that, you have, is it? You have all those guys in between?
Speaker 7: What were those names?
Speaker 5: Agains Simmons, Yes, Simmons, Michel Williams, Yes, Will Johnson most definitely.
Speaker 3: Who's the closest to Tet for you, closest to Teta out of those other names?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So out of Eggbuka now non wide receiver? Who those other possible names?
Speaker 8: Yeah, then we're starting to get into guys that I don't even expect to be there, like Mason Graham.
Speaker 7: I have Mason grat after.
Speaker 2: And Tet's that far up. Yes see, I was trying to get a gauge.
Speaker 5: So you've got several players top players above Golden. Yes, right see, I'm trying to say this could happen. This could be the same same conversation, same thing here, Tommy. You know, yeah, you're right, the conversation if they're both there should be. See, you know, I just think that they might have guys. We need to figure out how many guys they have between McMillan and Golden, because it might be guys that all of a sudden, like you know, oh, it's automatically gonna be Golden.
Speaker 2: No, it's maybe it's Will Johnson. Yeah, you know, maybe it's Will Johnson. Maybe it's it's Shamar Stewart. Walter Nolan's a name that I know that they love in this building.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I mean if they, if they, if they again, if they're following their stack and they have all those players between, then it makes a lot of sense that that's maybe the direction we go. Maybe it's not as cut and dry as we all think that it's going to be either McMillan or Golden. There might be players between that we're not giving enough thought to.
Speaker 3: And I think that's a great conversation because I think here we're all pretty much in agreeance that tet's the number one board, t MAC is the number one wide receiver on the board.
Speaker 2: Do you feel think about Hunter?
Speaker 5: Depending on what you feel about Hunter, where you put Travis Hunter? I just kept Hunter out of this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've kind of put him in his own little category when it comes to Tetoroa McMillan, he's the number one wide receiver that could be available at twelve for the Cowboys. When you look across the hall, do you feel confident that that's what they think? It's Tech number one. Golden still on that list, but now Brian's throwing the names in the mix in between the two. I think that's the best way to look at this board and trying to decipher what they are going to do. Across the hallway. I think it's Tetoa, a little bit of space, and then Golden. The question that Brian continues to pose, and it's a great question, is how many guys are in between. That's what's going to determine who's going to be the twelfth pick on Thursday.
Speaker 8: The culture that Brian Schetenhamer's trying to build, a staff that he's put together, the assistance that he's had with the experience that those guys have had in different places, the experience of those guys have had recruiting different places too. At the receiver position, specifically talking about Junior Adams. If I Buka's on the board right there, I'd be surprised if there's.
Speaker 7: Not a big conversation about Abuka.
Speaker 12: To throw him in that mix, Yeah, let's go would be interesting.
Speaker 7: BOOKA at twelve, I could definitely see happening.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, somebody quoted put it in a fot Ward Star telegram.
Speaker 2: Nik Kara set all right, he's right there. I mean absolutely, he's right there.
Speaker 12: All right, we got to take our first break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, it's time for some Twitter on the twenty and we'll answer your questions and maybe even go through a little quick mock draft from five to eleven to see what we can figure out what's going to happen in front of the Cowboys.
Speaker 12: More of the draft show right after.
Speaker 13: This life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 2: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 13: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge.
Speaker 2: Smoothie King has.
Speaker 13: The fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator smooth available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothiekit.
Speaker 14: All right, you Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw a hell Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure. At lasercare I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see check.
Speaker 14: Them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 13: Hoo hoo.
Speaker 15: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And they snapped the press. Guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look throw a first down.
Speaker 15: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 11: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 15: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader. They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 15: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 16: Cowboys fan When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan, the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 3: Draft Your number one hat picked today with the official on stage hat of the NFL Draft, now available at Approach shop near you or online at Shop dot Dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: A fanatics experience.
Speaker 3: And then tonight remember Cowboys Nation twelfth Annual rely On Home Run Derby Derby tonight at seven o'clock six pm.
Speaker 2: I've read the thing completely wrong.
Speaker 3: Let me restart twelfth Annual Reliant Home Run Derby on April twenty second. Come see your favorite Cowboys player Swing for the Fences, raise money for the Salvation Army, plus meet the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and rowdy. Admission is free, gates open at six seating his first come, first served. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash reliant hr d for more details. Always a great event raising money for the Salvation Army. Can't wait to get out there for a little bit and get the swing the bats for the media derby. I'll be hitting for the March of Dimes today, so that'll be a whole lot of fun getting out there here in a little bit.
Speaker 10: What was that?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: It's for babies that are in hospitals, So I mean me and my wife had the triplets in February and close to our hearts. Just they help out families that are in need of medical bills and things like that along with you, brother, Yeah, absolutely, the nicky time certainly changes you all right. Time for some Twitter on the twenty. On the twenty, our first question comes from Jordan. You guys talked about Denver in that first segment as a possible trade up team in the first round. How would you guys feel about a trade back to twenty that would include a player. We can't talk about specific players, but this gentleman asking the question wanted to throw a wide receiver in the mix.
Speaker 12: So a veteran wide receiver and the second round, Nick.
Speaker 8: You're not going to take a Pro Bowl level wide receiver for a pick swap.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's not going to happen. You would be giving up your pick, your first round pick.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've seen that around. It's not possible. It's not feasibly possible. Nobody in their right mind is going to agree to a trade.
Speaker 3: Like that because the person here, Jordan would say twenty and then I'll just read his tweet verbatim.
Speaker 12: He says, Portland Sutton.
Speaker 2: He's a Pro Bowl wide receiver.
Speaker 3: You're not getting a first round pick back, Andy s Portland Sutton, right, we Yeah.
Speaker 2: The problems of the world of Madden. Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 6: Well, we have an old Cowboys reporter that loves to be a headline clickbait guy. Yeah, that's where this is being Jenny come from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh okay, I saw that as well, and that's just not happening.
Speaker 3: Okay, So now that we've shot that down, what would a realistic trade scenario look like I think we goes back to what we talked about second round pick swapping back to twenty, and then you would have to send something back in return, probably a fifth rus.
Speaker 2: And always have to make these deals fair. You don't.
Speaker 9: I was gonna say, you take the first and the second, and I think you shake some hands and yeah.
Speaker 2: To me, like you know, you know you you you hope you you know.
Speaker 5: You got our guys if you do it, if you've if you've talked about it, maybe pre draft, Yeah, maybe that's something you know. I'm sure that Shawn and Jerry and Steven have all talked pre draft, and Shawn's made it been known that listen, I'm Sewan has a history of doing this. You know, he has a history of trying to swing and get up there and grab a player. So there's it should be. No, he's got a good football team over there in Denver, so he understands that. And you know, if he could add somebody, if he's got somebody in mind he wants to come go get then you know by all means, but I would I would pre draft talk to him and say, hey, listen, if you're interested in coming up, can we talk about fifty one, he goes, Jerry, I'm not interested in giving you fifty one.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are you interested in doing?
Speaker 5: Then this thing doesn't have to be done on the clock, But if it's done on the clock, I'm trying to get fifty one from him. You know, if you want to pre talk it out, we can maybe negotiate this thing if your guy's there, But otherwise I'm gonna take your fifty one and go on with my day.
Speaker 8: If Denver's trying to come up to grab a running back, let's say they're trying to come up to twelve to grab Hampton, really trying to get in front of and if they can't get in front of them, when does this running back run start? Because if Hampton goes before twenty, they probably roll with Henderson. I woulder these running backs are flying off the board here in the first round.
Speaker 5: All I wonder if he's I wonder if he's thinking about somebody other than.
Speaker 8: Hampton, Henderson potentially, or or just a different player, different player, just a different player, and then maybe trying to address it.
Speaker 5: But you know, if he doesn't have a two, maybe he can use his three, you know, that kind of thing. But if he's he is the one guy that you know will try and go up the board. He is the when you look at Andy Reid is another one coming from the bottom of the draft. Andy and those guys will try and move up if they can. But like I said, if I'm if I'm Sean Pate or I'm the Joneses, I'm I'm talking to Sean, and it's like, listen, if your guys here, give us a call. But I'm telling you right now, it's going to cost you fifty one if you want to make this deal. And I'll think about that. And if your guys here, we can do this. If your guys not here, then you know we'll move on with her day. But it could be for another player other than Hampton.
Speaker 2: I think it could be a tight end.
Speaker 6: I think he might be Ian Tyler Warren or Colston Loveland could be it could be one of those two because if you those corner two, yeah, because Indy could be a team that I've seen interested in the tight end potentially, So maybe you're trying to jump ahead of Indy at fourteen. And then Chicago and New Orleans both have been linked to Tyler Warren, as have the Jets, but it sounds more likely that the Jets would probably prefer to go to offensive line.
Speaker 5: I heard that if Jacksonville at five traded back to say New Orleans at nine, then that's they're looking at war at tight end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I've heard. Maybe that's what with Sean Payton's wanting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because I mean the needs that I have in front, wide receiver, running back, corner, tight end, those were kind of the four spots and there are guys at each of those positions in the early parts of the draft that you could possibly get. Now, they did sign Evan Ingram, remember in the middle of the off season, so they did. That's a good point. They have a tight end. They have a guy there that I mean, he signed her guy.
Speaker 12: He's her guy. But they signed one out of Jacksonville so one year where he was really good.
Speaker 2: But that is a good point.
Speaker 3: But there's there's at least somebody else there to compete, all right, somebody wanted us to go through this three round draft scenario for the Cowboys. This is off of sleeper Cowboys, the sleeper app that's on there.
Speaker 12: I don't know if we can even promote that stuff, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna I'm gonna just give you the three scenarios, or they have four scenarios of the first three round picks, starting with scenario one.
Speaker 12: Keep these in mind.
Speaker 3: Tedor Road McMillan, Carson Swessinger, UCLA linebacker, Damian Martinez running back from Nick's favorite school, the Miami Hurricanes.
Speaker 2: That is the first one.
Speaker 12: It's not true, Okay, I know it's not true.
Speaker 3: Number two Matthew Golden, Texas wide receiver, quin Shawn Judkins running back from Ohio State, and then Noel Williams, corner from Howe you know O'Brian likes Noel Williams quite a bit. Third scenario Amaron Hampton running back from North Carolina, Shavon Revel from East Carolina. He's a corner, and then Trey Harris Ole miss wide receiver.
Speaker 12: These are some tough scenarios. All three of these are good.
Speaker 3: Josh Simmons is the starter of the fourth scenario. I know that's Vach Lombardi's pick. Already, offensive lineman from Ohio State, Traveon Henderson. They go with the Ohio State brethren and running back, and then Alfred Collins, the defensive tackle from Texas is at the end.
Speaker 2: So four opportunities.
Speaker 12: If you need me to repeat any of them, let me know.
Speaker 5: My board would tell me the last one, Yes, same sam my board would I don't know if Dallas would do that. Yeah, my board board would tell me to take the last one.
Speaker 2: That's what it did.
Speaker 5: The Revel one is also interesting to my board would tell me to do that one as well. Uh so, But for Dallas, I think we have to have a different discussion here.
Speaker 8: You usually have a corner so damn bad and arguably two in this draft, and you hope your second one is at the top of day three rather than the bottom of day three.
Speaker 6: That's what stinks about the number one on that with Tech questions, you're Dontinez because that they would be high for me. But yep, no corner in there makes it really, really tough, and I think they've got to come away with a corner in the first three rounds they think can start immediately.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I would love to combine one and three to make it Tech, Revel and Martinez. That would be great, But in this scenario, I think I would go three with Hampton, savonn Revel and Trey Harris.
Speaker 2: I love Trey Harris. I'm with you on Harris.
Speaker 9: If you get him in the third round, still we're doing backflips down the hallway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a big time. Yeah. That one does seem to be the best one.
Speaker 5: If you'd start to talk about what the Cowboys would do, right, I mean, or what they pretend get your needs. There's a couple of different ways we need to figure out though. The Morrison worked out, Nick, I don't know if you know this or not. Maybe I'm putting you on the spot. Morrison worked out yesterday in Arizona, and I don't know if the Cowboys sent coaches down there. They did, okay, Notre Dame so okay, So now they got the Notre Dame corner covered. So they've got all these corners covered. Maybe there's a couple of these corners that have had injury histories that have first round grades, Revel Morrison, those types of guys. Maybe these are guys that you would consider at forty four. I don't know if they get to you, but if they would, that would be to me grabbing first round guys off the board, off my particular the board.
Speaker 2: I don't know about their.
Speaker 12: Board, man, I don't know which one I would go with.
Speaker 3: I think the third one is where I would lean just because it fills all three needs and I feel confident in all three of.
Speaker 2: Those guys to be starters. Henderson A R.
Speaker 12: Excuse me, Hampton, Revel and Harris. I think all three of those guys could be there specifically.
Speaker 3: All right, double R wants to know can we get a comp between Thornton the Tennessee wide receiver in the third I guess Day three possible pick and Ted Rolla McMillan. Just curious if slightly faster big wide receiver drafted in the third or later could give them a comparable production to what Ted McMillan would give them in the early parts of the draft.
Speaker 8: For me, Ted has a lot more to his game. I mean from I see Dante Thorton as a straight line guy. I mean, he's got the speed, but he's a straight line guy and he's gonna have those explosive plays for you for sure. But he's going to meet some resistance starting off in the NFL because he doesn't have much of a routrey, he doesn't have much deception, whereas Teed McMillan has a deception he can beat you in the shorts intermediate game.
Speaker 7: He can take the bubble screens and take him to the house.
Speaker 8: He can beat you with a double move down the field, Whereas Dante Thornton I don't feel like has that same type of same type of feel. But Dante Thornton, I've said it on the show a couple of times. I think he would be a fun addition to this team. If they don't end up getting that big possession guy early and they're still going into day three looking for a receiver, I think that's that's a guy that would be a lot of fun. At sixty five two oh five, he can go up and grab it. He gives you that red zone presence. He ran a four to three of the combine, so he's got the speed to you. Just hope there would be some refinement with him as well. Also one thing to note about Dante Thornton Junior. Junior, Adams recruited him to Oregon. That's where he began his career trans from from there. There are some connections between Dante Thornton Junior and this coaching stems.
Speaker 5: Thornton is really explosive. The problem is he doesn't make anybody miss yep. And that's the total opposite of what you got to McMillan. I think that's the biggest thing between these two guys when you start to talk about but the size, the ability to go get the football. Nick hit it on the head. These Tennessee receivers. We marvel at the plays they make down the field, but we also are are upset that they only run two routes. Yeah, you know, and this guy is a big slant and a big vertical guy. You know, not to say he can't learn and do other things, but at six five and two o five and the speed he has absolutely with the connections there with the Cowboys receivers, coach, you know, you'd have to consider that guy day three for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wrote kind of a one trick pony, but gosh, that trick is fun.
Speaker 2: And it is.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's a vertical threat ricks, he's got some size to him, Yeah, the size down the fields. Got a nine round throw it up to him. I mean yeah, and he's super skinny. And I wonder if you can, if you find another big corner to go against Timmy Jams at the line, is he just gonna get absolutely bullied?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a I.
Speaker 6: Don't think there is a comparison between those two. You're talking night and day difference.
Speaker 7: Can we call this episode that trick is fun.
Speaker 12: That trick is fun, trick is fun for fun trick and make that happen now.
Speaker 3: I did in my h my seven round mock draft that I released on the Blitz this past weekend. I in my simulation, Ttero at McMillan was not there at twelve. I went with Matthew Golden at twelve. That was just the pick that I had. I went with the value there on my board and I stuck in pick with Matthew Golden Because of that, Thornton was available in the fifth round for me, I double dipped at wide receiver. I could see something like that, maybe not those two specifically Golden and Thornton, but I could see them double dipping in certain spots to try and get what they weren't able to get in the first couple of rounds, depending on who they go with at twelve.
Speaker 9: If they're going to double sorry the next one. I feel like, if they're going to double dip, you look at defensive tackle because they've only got.
Speaker 2: Five on this roster. That's a good one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So that there's got to be you know, unless they signed somebody else here in the coming days before the draft or even after the draft, you gotta feel like defensive tackle is the spot where they're going.
Speaker 2: To double dip if I could give you a real quick double dip.
Speaker 5: This is from John Owning did it on his mock draft, Burchard Smith messing you and then he went with jar Quz Hunter from Auburn.
Speaker 2: Okay, how do you like that combination? I'd like that all. I think a couple of.
Speaker 8: Running backs Richard Smith would give you some slot flexibility too, so you could find packages, many packages where they're both on both on the field. For you, I would hope you get back a little bit earlier than John.
Speaker 5: He did not take one in the first three PCs, so he just double dipped it on the on day three day.
Speaker 8: I think for a similar type, I think I would like my Nungui a little bit better, or a Oli Gordon er TOAJ Brooks that's in kind of that same range for me. Yeah, a Land Larson in that same range from over Smith over Hunter Hunter and then Smith doubling back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, because a those guys are bigger than Hunter, But I do like that combination.
Speaker 2: We talked about that yesterday. But I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've got I got todge Brooks in the third. I'm a massive Todge Brooks fan. I think that guy can do everything. You don't have to take him off the field. I mean, and he's a tremendous pass blocker as well, just not a burner for you, But you get that with Brishard Smith's that would be a good compliment.
Speaker 3: I've got them all, almost all those names except for Hunter, who is in the fifth. For me, I've got everybody else that you guys talked about in the fourth. So right around that same conversation, all right.
Speaker 2: Somebody wanted to send us. It's an excerpt of the.
Speaker 3: Pre draft press conference call from the Move the Sticks podcast and Daniel Jeremiah. He talked about and he had an interesting answer for how the Cowboys could take an interior offensive lineman instead at pick number twelve. I think they need to upgrade the receiver room, for sure, is the quote. The expectation, though, in talking to folks around the league and in regards to the Cowboys, is that they've done a lot of work on the interior offensive linemen. Does that change the way you think about things or how does that fit in?
Speaker 5: Well, that's why that's why I asked Nick where he had Golden in relation to some of these other players, because I have to feel like that maybe could Booker, you know, be above, could Booker, Jackson one of these guards, you know, the guard's ohigo stage.
Speaker 12: You consider Banks in that conversation.
Speaker 5: Banks could absolutely be in that mix for sure, if you want to play mcguard, I mean I I got him at tackle, but to them he's probably a guard. Uh but yeah, I think that you know, those guys very well could be all above and maybe not Jackson, but Booker and then and sure Banks could.
Speaker 2: Be above Golden.
Speaker 5: And if that's the stack, then that's where I would say that maybe that's how they feel.
Speaker 2: Then you know, that's probably the direction that they might go.
Speaker 8: These are just alignment I have above Golden, Banks, Booker, Gray's, Abel, Membu, Campbell and connorly big Connory and Simmons excuse me, and Simmons, I'm big Connory.
Speaker 2: I remember you being big Connory. Yeah, Kin only said letting. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like Nick, you you wouldn't have a problem with them taking a guard than at twelve or you wouldn't have that a problem. Excuse me alignment at twelve.
Speaker 8: Uh, I mean for training camp content purposes, I would be crushed.
Speaker 2: But no, I we're trying to win football game.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't have that.
Speaker 8: I mean you you look back to what Brian Schenheimer said of the league meetings in Florida about out and we want to get more physical. I want to run the damn football. We want to We're going to be a physical team. I asked, and what do you want this offensive identity to be? Right out the gates? He said, this is going to be a physical football team. We're going to get after it at the point of attack. It wouldn't surprise me if if alignment is very much in play here at twelve and they go with the Banks there, or if somehow Campbell slides. If Campbell's there, then they pick pivot on that guy. The question for me that becomes really interesting is if they take Simmons, because what the hell do they do? You know, who are they moving inside? But where who's coming off the field. Because Guidan's not going to play guard, Steel's not going to play guard. Simmons isn't going to play guard. I mean, unless you're really trying to, you know, project him at a different spot on the different side of the ball. That's where things get a little interesting. But I can understand, like if you talk about winter dressing your board, if you really like a guy and he's at the top of your board there for you, you gotta pick him and you fixed out later.
Speaker 2: No chance Steele could play right guard.
Speaker 7: I don't huh.
Speaker 5: I don't think they talk about the power and stuff like that or lack of I don't think that would be the case.
Speaker 8: And you want to maximize seels athleticism, and like I said, draft one on one pole, Like I said, with a draft one on one last week, this coaching staff is gonna help Terrence Steele more than any other player on this roster.
Speaker 2: I do agree with you.
Speaker 7: And are you giving up on Tyler Guyton after year one?
Speaker 2: That's that would be that you big.
Speaker 3: If they take Simmons, that's a big indictment on what they think about Guidon.
Speaker 5: And I'll tell you what those Simmons would start right off the jump. He would be fantastic for me. And I don't think I don't think you would look back, I think you would be really really happy with him playing playing tackle for you, you know, I just like I said, I I just I just think he's too good of a player. But I'm all about if they're going to take a lineman at twelve, I never have a problem.
Speaker 2: What do you guys? Real quick?
Speaker 5: And I know it's a whole different show, but with like awesome Richards, could Austin Richards play right guard?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's certainly certainly a possibility.
Speaker 5: I mean, he he likes to play. He wants to play guard more than does tackle. Are we not thinking about him or Thomas one of.
Speaker 2: These Thomas is again?
Speaker 5: I mean I know it's it's maybe they're thinking about guys that we're not thinking of, you know, And that's why then you would say, well, hell, we'll draft Simmons or one of these guys and play at tackle and then we'll let we'll let you know, get and go compete, you know, maybe on the right side there and figure this thing out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: One thing about Simmons, his medicals are pretty strong. Everyone feels pretty good about that knee going into the drafts.
Speaker 3: And every time something like that comes out, it continues to push him up and up draft.
Speaker 6: He could go way higher than we're talking. He could go before the Cowboys even pick it.
Speaker 5: I got a lot of followers from Kansas City fans because I talk about him. Everybody in Kansas City thinks he's going to be there at thirty one.
Speaker 2: Hell it might be if they do. Then Andy Reid, I'm gonn kiss you want to see you?
Speaker 3: That would be interesting, all right when we go and I see you when we come back. Frame that we're gonna hit some more three round mock drafts that we're putting together, and we've put together over these final days leading into the NFL Draft.
Speaker 12: More of the draft show right after this.
Speaker 4: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between.
Speaker 2: Don't fumble your vision any longer.
Speaker 4: Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center, they got me back on my game.
Speaker 17: Star Sports Tours is the only efficient fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 2: You want to stay at.
Speaker 17: A team hotel, attend the best tail game they parthy in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and ods with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 13: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 2: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 13: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator smooth available in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 11: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets. As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets NAT along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious and Cowboys nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft shows.
Speaker 3: Back here on the Draft Show, get excited for the most dazzling DCC experience yet. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on Tour is coming to a theater near you. Witness live performances, enjoy and onstage Q and a session, and even be a part of a live audition. If you're in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Midland, or El Paso, mark your calendar for dates and tickets. Visit Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders dot Com slash Tour. Back to the Draft Show presented by Miller Lyte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. It's Miller Time with Zach Wilchuck Brian brought us Tommy Yarsh, Nick Harris, Chris Beam in the back on Kyle Yeomans, Tommy. I'll let you start three round mock drafts. What do you think the Cowboys are going to do come Thursday.
Speaker 9: I don't feel confident about this at all, but we're going to to do it nonetheless. First round, I'm going Matthew Golden, wide receiver from Texas. Like I said, I don't think Ted McMillan is going to be there.
Speaker 2: I think Golden.
Speaker 12: All right, all right, all right, thank.
Speaker 10: You, Chris, thank you, Matthew McConahay.
Speaker 9: I think that you know, Golden's the second best receiver that the Cowboys would would would look at in that spot. I think even though you know, like I said, I still got burdened higher on my board. I think Golden is the other name that they're looking at. So I go Golden the first, uh savon Revel Junior the corner from East Carolina.
Speaker 10: In the second.
Speaker 9: I feel like that might be one where he just drops. And you know, if you're questioning the medicals too much depends what the report is on him. I've heard nothing. I don't think I've heard anything concerning if is there anything, is just.
Speaker 7: A matter if he's going to be ready at camp training camp.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think he's.
Speaker 5: I think I've heard I've heard really good stuff about him or not.
Speaker 8: The same people saying about Ravel is the same people that said Brooks is going to be ready in time for camp last year. So I worry about that. And Brooks wasn't ready to October. So that's that's that's the only thing that's holding me back on being like, yeah, Revel is fine, but you know, we'll see.
Speaker 10: Good to keep up with though, thanks for saying that after I made.
Speaker 6: Gosh, I like your pick, though, I mean, I'd still love to take He's a great player, it's awesome.
Speaker 9: And third round, I'm taking Jordan Phillips, defensive tackle Maryland.
Speaker 10: I would love.
Speaker 9: I would love Alfred Collins in this spot. I think Collins is going to go before that in the third so you get your one tech there in the middle of the defensive line because like I said, oh brother, this guy.
Speaker 7: Stick for what because you passed on the Texas guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I said, he's not going to be there. He's gonna go too high.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think he's not going to be there.
Speaker 2: That was Tommy's reaction whenever it happened.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you would play Phillips at the one tech I would. Okay, it's the line coach Aaron Whitecotton was at his pro day. Uh, he's just got three tech five tech experience, and I think there is a slide inside that's gospel in his future. You just he'd be strictly there for you on early rundowns.
Speaker 7: Zero sacks in his career.
Speaker 8: That's just the one thing that really stands out to me from a pass rush perspective.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I do like Jordan Phillips though, big fan of his.
Speaker 3: All Right, Brian, what you think I like your three picks? By the way, Tommy, you don't stink, I promise, thanks Brian.
Speaker 2: What are your three? I am?
Speaker 5: I'm struggling with two with the fact that I don't think McMillan's going to be there, so I'm kind of struggle with that. I do think that they're going to go. I think they're going to go in opposite direction here. I think they're going to take a cornerback here. I think Will Johnson's going to be the pick wow for them at at twelve. Uh, you know, there might be some possibility of him going earlier, but I have a feeling that there. I think there's just and that's why I keep asking this question about the gap between McMillan and see Golden. And I'm thinking that maybe that the way they're going to stack this thing, there's going to be defensive player or an offensive player, and it's not going to be a wide receiver that's going to be there. I think that Will Johnson might be there, might be one of the guys that they really really consider there.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna take Will Johnson with that.
Speaker 3: With that pick, I don't want to disrupt you too bad, but I do want to ask a question before moving on. Do you feel like the Matt gold the Matthew Golden conversation has been a smoke screen the entire time.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 5: I think that they're legitimately trying to figure out though about the receiver position. But I think, as you know, as we were going along here, we didn't consider where their stock. And I know I'm making a big deal about this, but I think it's really important to that is because what happens when you get in that room. You don't want big time discussions on the clock as a as a group, we agreed, this is our player, this is how we see these players.
Speaker 2: If it's our turn to pick. These are guys. I think that.
Speaker 5: I think Golden is a hell of a player, and yeah, they absolutely need a wide receiver. But I just wonder if there's guys on their board that they feel that's better. And that's why I asked Nick that question question. I think Nick's got a really good handle on this of the guys that between you know, between say McMillan and then also Golden, I kind of I'm not as as deep as he is on those, but I think he's going the right direction here. So I'm gonna I'm gonna pick I'm gonna pick Will Johnson there with the twelfth uh, the twelfth pick. I'm gonna turn around in the second round and I'm gonna I'm gonna say that they're going to have a chance, uh to draft Henderson here. I think Henderson is going to get to them at forty four. Somebody, somebody go with Johnson Henderson. And then I'm gonna go ahead and and and give you an idea of I'm gonna take Royals the wide receiver from Utah se I like that. So corner. I didn't get the defensive tackle. Maybe some of these guys slide, uh, you know, that would be something I think that would be, you know, would help the Cowboys. But let's go Johnson right there, Let's go Henderson, and let's go Royal Royals.
Speaker 3: I think the way that Cowboys fans would react to those three picks, they would be a little disappointed in Will Johnson just based off of initial reaction.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: I think Will Johnson can be a good player. I have a first round great on him. Specifically, I'm I'm a little higher on Will Johnson than most, so I wouldn't be upset about it. I think Cowboys fans as a whole would probably be upset. However, the two and three round haul that you get there with Henderson and Royals, I think that would subside all of the disappointment from round one and you get three solid spots filled.
Speaker 2: Oh, they'd be home runs. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Both those are two grand slams in the second and the third round. Because I'd pray they'd make it there.
Speaker 6: I don't think that they would, but gosh, if they did, Brian, you got a great cluster there. I love those three picks.
Speaker 2: What are your three?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna stick with Ted McMillan, And You're right, he might not be there, but I think that he's the guy that they want.
Speaker 2: He's the guy that I would also like.
Speaker 6: So I'm just gonna go ahead and hope that the draft gods are shining on the Cowboys like they did with Ceedee Lamb a few years ago, and Ted Roha McMillan finds his way to navigate to twelve, then I do think you're gonna get a run on corners. I don't know if this player is going to be there, but Maxwell harriston the corner of Kentucky, we haven't. I don't know that we've linked him a lot to the Cowboys. Six one six, he tied the school record for most interceptions re turn for touchdown, Super athlete, team captain. He's a great zone cover guy. I think that he's one of the better corners in this reft. He might end up sneaking into the first round of not being there and then in the third there I thought about defensive tackle as well. I do think I'm gonna just go with the running back here and Tootin from Virginia Tech is the guy. Now, I personally do like RJ. Harvey more, but they might like Bracheal Tuton a little bit more out of Virginia Tech. And he's an electrifying runner, incredible production, home run speed, He's physical between the tackles despite being a smaller bag. Those three would get me very, very excited if that's what they were able to do day one and two.
Speaker 8: We would have such a fun conversation if we're there at seventy six and they haven't taken the running back yet, because there's gonna be so many in that sweet spot where were gonna have a fun conversation about that, and probably a fun conversation in the war room between guys like Tuton, RJ. Harvey, Damien Martinez, Devin Neil if he's in that mixed for them, guys like that my three, My I'll go backwards third round. Bachelle Tooton, I'm with you. I think I think there's a lot of things that make sense about him in this offense, and you know, you factor in him being a thirty visit guy as well. I think he just makes a lot of sense, especially when you talk about being violent, being physical, He's he is that type of guy.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 8: In the second round, Trey Amos out of Ole Miss This is a this is a top twenty five player on my board.
Speaker 7: I think he's so.
Speaker 8: I think he is legit at that you would have to play some musical chairs at the corner spot to figure out, you know, who's gonna slide inside, who's going to be your inside guy, especially once Diggs gets healthy. But it also gives you the freedom until Digs gets healthy and then in the first round I'm going to mikel Williams at twelve and who knows, this could change by Thursday. But that's that's the pick I see happening right now. But if you ask my confidence level on it, I'm all the way at Narle.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: What do we all feel? If you gave me a scale of.
Speaker 12: One to ten, what would be your confidence level on your first round pick?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm one hundred percent if he's on the board. I'm just scared that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you there, let's just stuck with it. What's your confidence level that he's on the board right now? Might get ten percent? Okay, so you would give me a one out of ten, So what would you be your confidence level in your first round pick, Brian, I.
Speaker 5: Am a four five, I'm five out of five out of ten.
Speaker 3: Okay, halfway there go like four four four, probably a four. My first round right now is Golden. I think we're going to learn a lot over the next forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 3: I'm still thinking Golden at the point. My second round pick would be Shavon Revel out of ECU, going out that cornerback spot. I know he's a little banged up, but I still think he's an immediate player, in a first round caliber player when he's healthy. And then my third one would be Basial Touton as Well out of Virginia Tech. Let's let's make something out of that running back room in the third round and then we can continue to fix it from there. But I would put a three on my confidence level with Golden the first round pick.
Speaker 7: Really quick.
Speaker 8: The positions of need, the dire positions of need for this team. You talk about receiver, you talk about corner and defensive tackle. You can even throw running back in there too. Sure, the one position that I think you could get away with not picking in the first two days, and you'll find somebody in free agency still and still have a competent option at that spot is receiver. And I wonder how much they think about the same thing, because that was certainly their thinking last year at the running back position. It just didn't work out for them. I do wonder how much that factors in, because if they signed that guy yesterday, that guy would factor into a compick formula. If they sign him next Wednesday, it doesn't necessarily factor into a comp pick formula.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great point.
Speaker 6: And as we've talked, like the Golden Egbuca battle, I think Brian with will Johnson there, if Ted's not on the board, I could easily see will Johnson being the pivot pick there.
Speaker 5: I think I just think that it's somebody, and I picked somebody, and I could have picked Mikeel Williams there too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just think they're going to be a large I shouldn't say large. There's going to be several players between McMillan and Golden on the stack. That's just that's how I think this is going to play out, because they could hell, we talked about gold they could be burdened, could be there, Abuka. I mean, these are guys, they could like both those guys more than they like Golden. You know, it's just been a lot of buzz about Golden. I think a lot of it has to do with the speed. He's an outstanding player, but I think there's just a group of players that they maybe like a little bit better in between. And that's that's kind of what I factored in on my selections.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, that's going to do it for us here on the Draft Show. Next time, we're going to be on the air six o'clock Central time on Thursday. We'll have an hour lead in to get you ready for the first thirty two picks on the board will be suited and booted. The investigation, the education, all of that is done.
Speaker 12: Hey is in the barn. We'll give you some more info as we get.
Speaker 3: Closer and closer to the twelfth overall pick coming up on Thursday. Can you can find us one to five three the fan find us on the Odyssey app, Dallas Cowboys dot com, Dallas Cowboys streaming platforms. It's gonna be all over the place on Thursday. Cannot wait to go wall to wall coverage of the entire twenty twenty five NFL Draft. Yes, Voch Lombardi will be there. Yes, Bobby Belt will be there. Everybody will be rotating hourly throughout the weekend, so you will hear from every single person on our Draft Show panel throughout the weekend and even more so as all three days unfold. But that's gonna do it for us, for Zach Wilchuck Brian brought us, Tommy Yarish, Nick Harris, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans saying so long from the Draft Show.
Speaker 2: We'll see you on Thursday.
Speaker 12: It's time for the twenty twenty five NFL Draft.
Speaker 2: This has been a
Speaker 1: Production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.