Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong is Joe Getty Armstrong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Minus eleven where my parents live in Salina, Kansas today.
Speaker 2: So there's some cold weather out there in the country. That's chili. Oh yeah, all sorts of historic cold and ice and snow all across the country. Musk Global Colding.
Speaker 3: Musk and Trump were on Hannity last night for a sit down interview together. I think it's the first interview to gather. We got a bunch of clips from that, some interesting stuff in there. I've decided I'm going to adopt the Elon uniform.
Speaker 2: I think I think that's going to be my uniform going forward.
Speaker 3: Do tell the black jeans, black cowboy boots, black sport coat with some sort of T shirt.
Speaker 2: That's clearly his uniform.
Speaker 3: It's the only thing I've seen him wear in the last two years, and that's very comfortable.
Speaker 2: You need a look and it's swimming. I support you in this. And speaking of Doge very briefly before we get into some fairly critical talk of the current potus, the Doge guys building momentum creating excitement might be cutting American taxpayers in on the savings. As I pointed out earlier with the help of alert listener whoever it was, Josiah. If they save a dollar and cut out like a third of that and write a check to the American people and say, hey, some for savings, some for y'all you paid these taxes, doge will become a national craze. It will have a following like the Yankees and the Kansas City Chiefs and whatever else combined. It'll be the most popular thing ever done by the government. We'll cut till there's nothing left to cut. The federal budget will be three hundred dollars, but will more on that to come. That's very to me, a very positive thing. A couple of mistakes around the edges, but very so. Why did Trump say what he said yesterday? Well, we have talked for years about how he is the most easily butt hurt man who's ever lived, and Trump had said some of this stuff are hinted at it over the last couple of days that Zelensky was unpopular, that they needed to have an election, Zolensky needed to go. Zelensky made bad decisions Ukraine started the war. These kinds of things were out there, and Zolensky said some.
Speaker 3: Fairly, I mean pulling his punches critical things of Trump about being bubbled in that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, Trump is not going to take an insult.
Speaker 3: Well, it was brought up in the press conference yesterday and that's when Trump said he likes the Zelensky as a person.
Speaker 2: But he launched into this I want to see piece.
Speaker 1: Look, you know why I want because I don't want all these people killed anymore. I'm looking at people that are being killed, and they're Russian and Ukrainian people, but they're people, doesn't matter where they're from, on the whole planet. And I think I have the power to end this war, and I think it's going very well. But today I heard, oh, we weren't invited. Well, you've been there for three years. You should have ended it three years. You should have never started it. You could have made a deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, particularly around the Zelensky unhappy that he wasn't invited to the peace talks. The guy who's the president of the country that was attacked, wasn't that the talks.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, but.
Speaker 3: He complained about that and Trump didn't like the complaint, so he said, you you could have you should have negotiated a deal, You shouldn't have started it.
Speaker 2: What the hell does that mean. I'm tempted to say Trump just shot off his mouth and or he's got this just his belief in himself as a deal maker. That's a bit over the top in my opinion, probably the short version of just that last part. You got to get the wording right here.
Speaker 1: And I think I have the power to end this war, and I think it's going very well. But today I heard, oh, we weren't invited. Well, you've been there for three years. You should have ended it three years. You should have never started it, you could have made a deal.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's absolutely not true. None of that. You've been there for three years, you were invaded by a hostile totalitarian regime.
Speaker 3: I don't get it. Six times your population or something like that. None of that is even close to true. So I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm highly troubled by it and mystified it by it. Where I am on this is that there have been quite a few times during Trump's time on the scene and in office where I've thought I have no idea what he's talking about, how could this possibly work out? And either it's abandoned or he pivots in a much more sane direction. The truth about Trump is he shoots off his mouth and then the reality comes down the road a little bit and it's different. There are a number of things he said, a very real politicky about the Ukraine situation that I agree with. As we were talking about last hour, Biden and Blinking and his whole crew, and even Obama and all they would say one thing's with the one thing with their mouths, but then their actions would be lie their words and what Trump, like Pete Hegsath said the other day, which I thought was premature, but they're just saying out loud what is the truth about some of the stuff. So I'm not saying Trump is completely off base on this. That little screed was utterly indefensible. It gained nothing and just to unless well, no, there's no excuse for what he said. I think he just shut off his mouth. He thinks. I think that Putin is in a very weak state right now with the mind boggling casualties, the incredible hit to their treasury. I mean Putin's had to recruit North Korean cannon fodder and Colombian mercenaries. And he's getting finance from China. So he's now China's pet and dependent on China. It's a terrible situation to be in. It could be that the shark Trump thinks, you know what, let's go in and negotiate with Putin right now. Let's cut all sorts of deals with Putin right now. He wants an endo, the bloodshed and a little bit of territory. We give it to him and get whatever we can get. I don't know. That's the best spin I can come up with.
Speaker 3: So the New York Post editorial board blasts what Trump says, and says in many many words what we basically just said. None of what he said there is true or even close to it. I mean not even close. There's no fud room on that. It's the opposite of true. In a lot of cases, they could have cut a deal. Hey, Vladimir, you want to talk deal. Yeah, the deal is I get your whole country. I'll be in Kiev tomorrow by dinner time.
Speaker 2: That was Putin's only offer.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna keep bombing schools full of children and raping women until you submit, that's all kidnap.
Speaker 2: But your children, by the way, and you'll never see them again. We'll make them royal loyal Russians who hate your country. So that's our terms. And then the whole he should have never started it. So how do you suppose?
Speaker 3: And the Wall Street Journal editorial board is besides himself with horror over that, also.
Speaker 2: As is Jim Garrity, very very reasonable commentator for the National Review, for instance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, commentary magazine who is often friendly to things Trump is doing foreign policy wise, called it despicable what he said. How do you suppose Marco Rubio reacted to that? I've been watching Marco on the Sunday shows for the last couple of years. I know how he feels about this whole thing, and and what a danger to the world allowing putin to you know, emerge the victor in this isn't and all that. How do you when he heard when somebody told him this is what your boss just said, he must have sat there with his head.
Speaker 2: In his hands. What am I going to do?
Speaker 3: As Yeah, do I resign? Do I try to clean this up? Do I call him? Do I pretend he didn't say it.
Speaker 2: Anybody who's had a successful career in anything knows what the expression managing up means. And if you work for Trump, you're going to have to do some serious managing up, and it's going to be a challenge.
Speaker 3: Marco Rubio is way more He's way closer to the I am than a lot of the you know, most MAGA loyalist non inventions crowd is and Marco Rubio, I guarantee you thinks I'm better off in this job trying to manage it than if I leave and somebody who actually believes, like the Maga crowd believes, takes over.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Marco Rubio thinks that. So again, I'm trying to as usual. If you're new to the show, wait a minute, are they pro Trump or anti Trump? Now we're just trying pro trying to figure out what's actually happening and what's likely to happen next. I can picture Trump, who can be extremely transactional. Thinking at the beginning of the thing, they should have called up Putin said hey, we see your mashing all those troops. Tell you what you can carve off a little of the don Boss, you can have crimea in the land route to CRIMEA don't invade, We'll just cut you that deal. I could see Trump believing that would have been smarter than allowing hundreds of thousands of people to be killed and injured and abducted in the rest of it. It's a very reptilian, real politic way to look at it. It's not completely crazy. On the other hand, if that is Trump's point of view, what he doesn't get her two things. Number One, as the old expression goes, Putin's appetite will grow with the eating. Yeah, he will just want more and more and more. And secondly, if somebody tried to take like the practice green at Bedminster Golf Club, one of Trump's properties, saying yeah, the city dump needs to expand, we just need like a thousand square feet, Trump would fight it until he was in the grave, and then he would task down Don Junior to fight it till he was in the grave. He wouldn't give away an inch of this country or his properties or whatever. Not an inch. But Zelensky's supposed to say, yeah, the cost to be too high so you can bully us into having part of our I don't get it. Here's a little more of Trump from that same press conference.
Speaker 1: I could have made a deal for Ukraine that would have given him almost all of the land everything, almost all of the land, and no people would have been killed, and no city would have been demolished, and not one dome would have been knocked down.
Speaker 2: But they chose not to do it that way.
Speaker 1: And President Biden, in all fairness, he doesn't have a clue what he was so bad for this. He was so bad, so pathetic, so sad. But with all of that being said, look well it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Zelensky could have offered up a little of his land and putting it said okay, good, we'll call it good, as opposed to I want more and you can't stop me that second one as well, obviously, and then and then Trumble goes on to say this.
Speaker 1: But when you see, uh, what's taking place in Ukraine, with millions of people killed, including the soldiers, millions of people killed, a big percentage of their cities knocked down to the ground, I don't know how anybody even lives there, you know, when they say they took a poll and Zelensky is at four percent, who's living there, you know, I mean, people are It's hard to believe that people live there. Their cities are being knocked down, and this is something that would have never happened, and by the way, for four years it didn't happen, was never gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Their cities are being knocked down by an evil war criminal. I just I don't even understand what he's talking about. But uh, what was that first part there? I already lost the first part of that where he jumped in the.
Speaker 2: Y, A million is killed, cities knocked downs, Zelensky's unpopular approval. Nobody that that. Nobody knows what poll he's referring to.
Speaker 3: The latest polling from two weeks ago had Zelensky at fifty two percent. He's way down from the ninety percent he had like the first two years of the war. It's gone down, but he's not at four percent. But Trump's calling for new elections that clearly the people want a new leader. I don't I don't know what the strategy is here. Uh, I get and I know a lot of you. I don't know if it's a lot, but you text and you tweet a lot that the war's got to end and wars are evil, and do you want more people to die?
Speaker 2: And wars do need to end. And I don't want more people to die.
Speaker 3: But if you reward Putin, there's going to be even more people dying in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to prevent war by showing weakness, good strategy, good luck. Let me know how that moved to a parallel universe. Please and try that stra and let me know how it works.
Speaker 3: I will be interested to see if Marco addresses this at all. Well, he's going to be asked that first time he ate, first time he sits down for an interview somewhere, they're gonna ask him this. So he's got to have an answer ready to go, right, I mean, first time Western press gets a chance to ask him questions. President Cheff said Ukraine started the war. Do you agree with that? What's he gonna select? He'll say there were missteps on both sides. It could have been prevented. Do you think Trump's gonna walk this back at all? Yes, like he's like he maybe he even thinks he shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 2: I don't know that, but I think he will walk a pack.
Speaker 3: What do you think text line four one five two nine five KFTC. We've been saying for a while. You can't do parody anymore or satire. It's impossible because he can't tell real from satire. And it got a great example of it coming up.
Speaker 2: And Joe Getty's grand unifying theme of global politics.
Speaker 3: Wow, Joe's gut grand unifying theory.
Speaker 2: Stay with us until it explains everything.
Speaker 3: Gonna make loud Einstein and Feinemannoppenheimer. We're trying to pull off with the theory of relativity and quantum physics. Putting them together seemed like nothing.
Speaker 2: Tinker toys anyway. Oh, stay tuned if you can. If you can't, grab the podcast. Have you heard about gut pop? This is the sort of thing, Katie, you'd probably be interested in. I don't know if you are. Have you heard the term gut pop?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: And I'm wondering why you think I should enjoy this?
Speaker 2: Pop is in soda, Yes, exactly. It's it is a soft drink, phizzy soft drink that is probiotic.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, probiotics are so hot right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah there, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: People say it's just changed their lives to start taking some sort of probiotic pill or food or gut pop or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm not a big soda person. I have maybe like three a year.
Speaker 3: Hanson, our executive producer, says it has changed his life. Really, we started taking a probiotic.
Speaker 2: What do you take? A pill?
Speaker 3: Or wheat germ or something? Hands on, what do you take? He takes a pill and it changed his life. He was telling me this or they are they?
Speaker 2: Hey, no details placed. Nobody wants to hear these details. I'm very happy that you have gut health, but I don't want to hear about it. Could use some myself, Me and my dog are both a bit too stopped up.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you stop now too, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, and you're off base. You're narrowing it down to just that part of your functioning. It's all it's you. It's your energy, it's your skin, it's your it's just all kinds of different stuff.
Speaker 2: It's not just the sophomore things you want to talk about. None and blotchy, by the way, my energy and my skin. So I do need to look into this, Hanson. You gotta recommend what you take.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he said, he bring there this depository to the studio.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm going home.
Speaker 2: Yeah you should. I'm so sorry, Katie, you're gonna feel a little read in your career choices. Oh boy. But all the big name pop companies, the sody pop companies with soda sales gone flat, which is not a pond, it's a business thing, are jumping into the probiotic soft drink market, dominated by upstarts. Olipop and Poppy, both cocin pepsi are formulating versions they aim to sell. Now, these are not like a probiotic product that actually introduces new bacteria into your system to beef up your your biome, but it has fiber that's specifically designed to feed the bacteria already living in our system to beef them up and make them healthy and do their job.
Speaker 3: I want to get one of those trains plants where you take somebody else.
Speaker 2: Oh back to the sophomore, here we go. Unbelievable. Yeah. One of the most fascinating things I've ever learned is that the human body is not an animal. We're an ecosystem with millions of tiny creatures living in us.
Speaker 3: And the belief you're a planet, and the belief is with a lot of modern food and diet and stuff like that that are our ecosystems are all in a whack and it's got a lot to do with this.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm going to get the fecal transpont oh night.
Speaker 5: Okay, Wow, I liked what you tried to do there, Joe.
Speaker 2: That was too bad the segments of her.
Speaker 5: Well, arm strong and getty.
Speaker 2: Are you definitively getting rid of the penny Brett?
Speaker 4: I've got to say the President Trump wants to make the penny extinct, and that's part of the call savings. Custa bet three cents to make one cent and the even a Washington that math don't work.
Speaker 2: So it's going going soon. It's going.
Speaker 3: So the fact that it's lasted this long is is the crime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's probably some name for this tendency that humanity has among I don't know thinkers or academics that something clearly needs to be changed, and change will be ninety percent positive, but the ten percent complications stop you from gaining the ninety percent. Maybe it's just per perfect being the enemy of good or good enough. But yeah, it'll cost some complications and things that need to be adjusted for, but who cares? It will be fine. We survived World War Two, We'll survive the penny going away but I thought this was thought provoking. Rick from Dallas formerly the San Francisco Bay Area writ's the following. You've been vocal in your sport for getting rid of the penny. How you can't understand why it took so long. Let me offer some concerns. It is one thing to get rid of the coin itself, that's not a big deal. But without the existence of the penny, you now have to choose from one of the following two societal changes, both of which are a big deal. Either one. Nobody is now allowed to price anything in denomination smaller than five cent increments. This includes sales tax needing to be rounded up or down to the nearest five cent increment, or people must use non cash payment method. It's for some transactions. If you get rid of number one, then every gas station in the nation is going to have to not only get rid of the nine tenths decimal at the end of its gallon price. No'll be cares, but we'll have to move up and down our whole five cent increments. I think that's what's going to have to happen for decades. Stations of differentiating themselves by advertising two cents less than the guy against the street. That whole option will have to go away, as will all of the point ninety nine percent pricing or sense pricing that some stores used as a pricing code, with ninety nine representing new merchandise and ninety five representing clearance, et cetera. They'll have to find a new method.
Speaker 3: Well, they'll be fine, I'm sure, But I think that first thing is the clear answer. Just everything's going to have to be in in you know, a zero. Everything will end in a zero, a five. We're just going to have to go in increments of that. It's kind of like I remember the first time I traveled down to Mexico after they changed their money. Their inflation had been so bad for so long that they moved the decimal point over one. And the first time I was down there, you're constantly running in new money or old money. So this would either be one hundred dollars of old money or ten dollars of new money. Ours has our inflation hasn't been so bad you have to move a whole destmot point. We're just like carving off, you know, we're going from increments of a one to increments of five.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's a big deal, right, I don't think it easy. It is either Rick, you know, great job pointing out things that would have to be adjusted but will be fine. And you know you could also and I think this is the winning argument. Take a look at say, I don't know, fifty years ago, seventy five years ago, the buying power of a penny is at that point was now probably greater than the buying power of a nick, oh guaranteed. So to have a penny now would be like having a fifth of a penny coin correct in nineteen seventy And who was suggesting that. Nobody. It's it's merely an adjustment because the numbers mean different things. That's what inflation is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, sure, Joe's going to have his grand unifying theory of international something or other here in just a second. You know, the most important thing we've discussed today is probably this gut health thing. I mean, in terms of like affecting people's lives. You brought up probiotics, and there's a new probiotics soda out there, and we talked about Hansen has been doing it.
Speaker 2: He loves it.
Speaker 3: I know a few people that are taking either the pills or they eat yogurt every day or whatever we got. Somebody here said, for your gut, just eat a tablespoon of pure puaid pumpkin every.
Speaker 2: Day, all right. I know, I don't know where you get done, done and done. I don't know where you get that.
Speaker 3: Is zambuka the same thing? Or is that a different thing? I know somebody it swears by that for there?
Speaker 2: Is that the name of it?
Speaker 3: Or I might have the wrong name of a product. But somebody that walks around and drinks you know, Katie, are you talking about kombucha?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's it. Yeah, yeah, that's the same thing.
Speaker 3: So I know a number of people women that like carry around here at work that carry around a bottle of that all the time. M h.
Speaker 2: And that's supposed to be for your gut health yet, and yogurt's supposed to be good for it.
Speaker 3: I eat a fair mune yogurt, so I think you have to have a certain kind of yogurt. So don't you, I don't know. Don't asks me. I'm not a doctor, you're not what.
Speaker 2: I'm a DJ. Go ask your disition jobs. That's weird, Okay. So I liked this.
Speaker 3: I thought this is really good as We've talked many times about I'm actually giving away the joke here.
Speaker 2: Maybe I shouldn't give away the joke.
Speaker 3: First, I came across this uh person that has quite a few followers on Twitter, and she tweeted out my husband told me today that Elon stole his social Security number and credit card number from a government database with his Doge powers and bought a bunch of subscriptions. Is this true? Has this happened to anyone else? How do I contest these fees? Then the responses to that were unbelievable, and eventually she follows up with the tweet of I want a social media website which tests people's capacity to detect sarcasm, and only people who pass are allowed to create accounts, finally muting this post JFC, which is a reference to our savior and his middle name, which isn't accurate. She had one point one million views on this tweet and retweets and the replies taking it seriously are making me despair for our country. Yes, the number of people who responded that completely bought it one hundred. Of course, Elon and Doge are taking your social security numbers so they can buy stuff.
Speaker 2: Of course, that's happening. Wow. Wow. The filter that was actual existence as most of virtual existence, a virtual life. The filter that that the community and reality, the workplace, everything you heard, everything you experienced, other than flipping open the paper maybe in the evening, went through the filter of oh, that's bull crap, and something that ridiculous wouldn't get to the weak minded people. There's no way to get it to them without going through the filter of the town, the community, the press, whatever. But now there's a direct line from the fraudster to the defrauded in a way that's never existed before.
Speaker 3: Lord knows, I hate mainstream media, but when we had gate keepers, they didn't allow that sort of stuff through, like pre cable news. Yeah, I gotta go way back. Now you do get this kind of stuff. I mean, Joy Reid would say that on her show on MSNBC.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, and everybody would suck it up, everybody being like one hundred thousand viewers.
Speaker 3: Did you have a comment on that, Michaels, Now, okay, you look like you're a chomping at the bit. I thought maybe Elon took your social Security number and bought some subscriptions with it, and you're wondering how to fight back.
Speaker 2: Wow, what are outside?
Speaker 1: God dang it.
Speaker 3: The fact that there are many people out there that believe that that could happen, would happen, would fly under the radar, and they'd get away with it.
Speaker 2: It's just so disturbing. Yes, it is. It's incredibly discouraging. So my grand unifying theory of international relations in a moment or two, prepared to be underwhelmed. But first day work from our friends at Prize Picks, you can now went up to a thousand times your money on Prize Picks, best way to get in on sports action in many dozens of states around the country. Join over ten million users and sign up today.
Speaker 3: It's the best way to win real money this basketball season, which is really heating up, and I was talking about there's some new rules for the baseball season. I want to talk about later, but baseball be going soon. Which players are going off? Which ones aren't. Make your picks in less than sixty seconds turn your sports opinions into real money. Just download the Prize Picks app and you can get that fifty dollars instantly when you play five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, use the code Armstrong get fifty dollars instantly after you play just five dollars lineup. You don't have to win. You get it automatically. Download the Prize Picks app today use the code Armstrong Prize Picks run your game. Do you want to do your grand unifying theory when we come back or now? Now, okay, We'll just get it out of the way. I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired. I've been kept in the on the sidelines too long.
Speaker 3: Then I will do the new rules for the baseball season, perhaps when we come back, because I want to hear your opinion on it.
Speaker 2: But so I've just been reading and reading and reading about JD. Vance's speech is two speeches in front of the EU, one about Europe needs to step up and quit acting like a bunch of fat, lazy babies, and the other one about free speech and if you're not going to embrace democracy and freedom, why do we have an alliance to protect democracy and freedom? Twisting their arms on a couple of different things. And then the situation Ukraine with Putin and then Trump and the things he said, and look, my grand unifying theory. People are going to be shouting at the radio. Thucydides or Cicero or some He wrote a book about this five thousand years ago. Yeah, dope. But it's as simple as this, and it reminds me what I've always said about American policy, domestic policy, and that is that it veers from guardrail to guardrail, and you hit the sweet spots somewhere in between the guardrails, but you have no idea you're in the sweet spot, So you just keep going to the left, say, releasing criminals and saying we've overincarcerated roar on drugs, blah blah bloah, until your streets are just teeming with scumbags and junkies and everybody's under threatened. Society sucks and all the walgreens are closing, and then the targets and you got to ask somebody to get us socks out from beyond lock a gay blah blah blah. Then we'll crack down like crazy and lock up people and blah blah bah. And good international relation, Yes, I just said good international relations. Geopolitics has a similar rhythm to it, an ebb and flow, in that the results of war and conquest lead to a desire for peace, trade and prosperity and peace, trade and prosperity over the long term create the situation that calls for conquest and war, especially because the victors become so weak and comfortable, and those who perceive that they've been getting the short end of the stick, be they China or Russia or North Korea or whatever, seize opportunities they exploit them. The globe or regions explosed into terrible wards wars. Do yourself a treat and read for half an hour about what's happening in Africa right now someday where it's absolutely wars of conquest and control and resource grabbing and all are fully continents on fire. Nobody talks about it. But so anyway, post World War Two, we built this order to protect freedom and democracy. We've become fat and lazy. We've started to doubt the dynamics of democracy here in a place like Germany, they barely ever had them. Honestly, they're so freaked out and guilt ridden over the Nazi thing, although they basically did what we told them to do, and the minute we gave them, we gave them or they took control. No, no, no, this is how we're going to run a democracy in the German way, they got way off base and are now being torn asunder by conflict, and stability in Europe is about over. I don't think Ukraine's a blip. I think it might be another several years until the real storm hits. But I think prosperity has created the playing field for chaos. Yeah, and there's no avoiding it.
Speaker 3: Won't get into it now, But there are some statistics that were I came across somewhere after JD. Vance's speech of just how little Europe has put in to their own defense over the past many years. We care about Europe being stable way more than they care about it being stable because they think, will we'll keep it stable, all right, And I've got the quotes around here somewhere. But going back to Barack Obama and Robert Gates in twenty twelve saying, hey, Euros, you've got to take an active role financially, you got to build up your military, You got to act like you're serious about this, because we are not going to carry you.
Speaker 2: Get serious. And they said, yeah, yeah, well up there spending by half a percent, Yeah, it'll be fine, and they just they do not pay heed. And now that the wolf is at their door that they don't know what to do about it.
Speaker 3: So there are some new things you're gonna try in baseball, which I find interesting for you a baseball fan. If you're not, I would like to hear.
Speaker 2: If you use the phrase golden at bat, I'm gonna punch you like you're a Canadian hockey player.
Speaker 3: We'll have to explain what that is, because that's an interesting concept. Anybody else having real luck with some sort of yogurt or probiotic pill or something like that change your life gut health wise?
Speaker 2: Did it give you a place? Abia? Right? A text line four one, five two nine to five KFTC. So we got on the.
Speaker 3: Topic of probiotics, and they're being advertised everywhere, and I know people who swear by them and are drinking What is it to you?
Speaker 2: When did you say that zambuka? What are kobucha? What is that katie?
Speaker 3: Which I guess in some cases has some alcohol in it. I actually know some alcoholics who have gone back to drinking because of drinking that stuff and not realizing there's alcohol in it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they card you now to buy it?
Speaker 2: Really okay? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know two people with long term sobriety who've gone back to drinking because of that. Oh no, and that's something that's awful. Anyway, we're getting more on these, and you know, I'm not I had got issues per year. My wife and I are making your own keifer and it's done.
Speaker 2: Wonders. I have no idea what keifer is, Okay, I reckon.
Speaker 3: My doctor recommended sour crowd as a probiotic and it's been fantastic.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you don't have delicious and three meals a day.
Speaker 3: You don't have to rub in your fine, you don't have to buy some sort of fancy pill or anything like that. You just our crowd on top of your morning cereal in the morning. So we got a whole bunch of different texts of different stuff people are doing. And then also this probiotics are a giant scam but apparently provide some psychological comfort to the gullible.
Speaker 2: Okay, so your mind age may by very got to admit I've I'm running it through that filter. I am too.
Speaker 3: We got several texts that I will not get into detail on about how it can cause you to have bodily functions that you've not had before.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, Well, very restrained descriptions. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, then that you or whoever's writing in the car with you or not pleased able.
Speaker 2: Oh you had.
Speaker 5: To keep it off. You started off doing all right there, Jack?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, wow that bad? Huh.
Speaker 3: So new baseball seasons starting here real real soon. And here's something they're gonna try during preseason.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: So is the golden ut bat happening or not? That's where you get to bring in somebody you can bat more, You can bat out of order basically like you could bring sho hey Otani in. You know, you got three on two out and maybe he batted three batters ago, but you could bring him back in for the golden at bat. Correct you get one per game or something like that. Okay, so that's not gonna happenserable this horror? Yeah, I don't like it either.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I could see how a lot of casual fans it makes you be more interesting to watch. Well, those casual fans might allow, uh might enjoy a little beast reality on the field as well, or perhaps a ritual sacrifice of a sixteen year old virgin girls. We're into the volcano that goes off when you hit a home run. Why don't you?
Speaker 3: Seems like an odd argument from your standpoint, But here's something they're gonna try, and I think I know where this is going. I wonder how umpires feel about this. So they're gonna go to the replace you for the first time ever. You'll be able the challenge a call is a batter, the pitcher, the catcher or the batter. There are only three players in the field can challenge a pitch. Was it a ball or strike? So the picture, the catcher or the batter can say no, no, no, no, that was a strike. And then they go to the computer, which they're going to have set up like they do in tennis now, which has got the box there, and they say they'll be able to do it quickly.
Speaker 2: It won't be like the.
Speaker 3: NFL where we all stand around for eight minutes and then they say rolling on the field stands and you.
Speaker 2: Don't remember what even happened.
Speaker 3: But they'll be able to put it up on the screen and like within thirty seconds you'll say, the crowd will go, oh, that was a ball. And you'll only get two per game, and if you challenge one and you'll lose it.
Speaker 2: And blah blah, blah, how do you feel about that in the minor leagues? And it can be done very very quickly.
Speaker 3: If you can't do that, why don't you just get rid of the umpires and do it all with the computer.
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know. The whole thing makes me uncomfortable, and I'd have to get into some like really baseball leg conversation. But if the catcher sets up inside and you know, for a fastball inside or something, and the picture just wildly misses his mark and the catcher has to dive for the ball, and it's just it's a terrible pitch, but it catches the corner. I've had many baseball people tell me nobody wants that call to strike. It's just not the way the game works, which seems crazy just to a casual fan. If it crosses the plate, it crosses the plate. Or if the catcher botches a low curveball or something, because you can't tell where that caught it, I don't you know. I say, try it on a more basic level, though.
Speaker 3: Aren't they stating that we have the technology to call balls and strikes accurately? Yes, And it's better than the umpire because if they're going to take that ruling over what the umpire said.
Speaker 2: Aren't they just stating that it's more accurate than the umpire? Uh? Yeah, then I wonder why they aren't just doing it. I don't like it. I don't like the idea of it. I like human beings doing these things. But oh, that's why. It's just such a radical change to the game. I have a feeling it's coming, though it will be more.
Speaker 3: I don't like more replays. I don't like slowing down any of these games more. And it seems like they get them wrong just as often as they used to.
Speaker 2: These can be done in ten seconds, though, it's not like did the ball come loose while the receiver was tackled. That's really hard to call. Any need cameras and stuff. This is a lot easier.
Speaker 3: If you miss a segment. You can get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Will be a big hour three
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty