Speaker 1: What's that at the foot of my bed. It's spooky. Hey, Joky, I'm really sure it's dead. He's coming to this way. Wait a minute, hell, I said, I Nandez. Please, hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the baron normal I have on truly just one of the funniest, most delightful people in the biz, Anna Dressin, is on the pod. Anna is such a great comedy writer. She has written on the TV show Girls five Eva. She was the head writer on Saturday Night Live. I mean, come on, and we got her on the show today. So we'll get to that in a moment. But before that, I've got a story that came right to my beautiful inbox. Ghosted by ras at gmail dot com. This one's from Carla, who writes. One night in my late teen slash early twenties, I came home very late, probably one or two am. I was still living with my parents at the time. Our family dog normally would be barking her hat off. She used to always blow my cover, but this particular night I didn't hear her, as I unlocked the door. I figured she was just in a deep sleep and didn't hear my car pull up. When I opened the door, there she was sitting and staring, almost as if she was in a trance. I whispered her name, but she didn't snap out of it until I reached out to pet her head. Immediately, she went from the trance like state to her normal happy tail wagging like crazy self. What the fuck? It definitely freaked me out, but I brushed it off and continued to my room. Maybe she was just sleeping with her eyes open, waiting for me to get home. I proceeded to take a shower before getting into bed. Mid shower, the water shuts off, shampoo in my hair, and all fuck talk about something out of a horror movie. Not only am I now freaking the fuck out, but I had to go wake up my parents and help get the water back on. My mom went downstairs and was able to get it working. Something about the well pumped switch or something, doesn't matter. I finished showering and get myself ready for bed. While doing so, I could not stop thinking about my cousin's mom. I don't call her my aunt because I never met or knew her long unrelated story, but I did have a relationship with my cousin. Her mom had recently gotten very sick with terminal cancer. I had been thinking about her often since she got sick, but this night she was all I could think about. I eventually was able to fall asleep. As soon as I woke up. The next morning, I texted my cousin to see how her mom was doing. She texted me back that her mom had passed away last night. To this day, I still wonder if my strange creepy dog and shower experience and the flooding thoughts was some sort of weird premonition. Maybe her spirit had come to say goodbye. I have no clue, but my experience that night has stuck with me over these past twelve years or so. I'm a big believer in the paranormal, go spirits, whatever you want to call it. What do you think exo exo, Carla? What do I think? I mean? Yeah, it very well could be your cousin's mom. Because I think often about when you first become a ghost. We hear these stories often of these loved ones that make their rounds visiting in people's dreams and then they wait, the person wakes up, and then they hear, oh, the person just died. So I don't know how it works, but I can imagine your first day on the job as a ghost. You'd be like, Okay, let's go check out these people's house. You're like, I know that, like we're related, and then you like go and then you're like hey to the dog, and then the dog's like terrified and frozen, and you're like, oh shit, I didn't mean to like make the dog like frozen. And then you're like, oh, I should probably like wash my hands, and then you like ruin the water system. I feel like it's a lot of the clunky first day on the job kind of vibe, and it very well could have done that. I don't know, but thanks for sending me that. Okay, let's talk to a very funny, spooky bitch and a dressin on with the show. Oh my God and a dressin.
Speaker 2: Hi, Oh my god, Roz Hernandez, how are you. I'm so good? How are you?
Speaker 1: Oh? I'm great. I'm you know, just escaping the heat here in my little closet.
Speaker 2: You got a vent in there? You got some air blowing?
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to mess up the sound. When it's hot and I'm here from home, I will sweat for my listeners to get the goods.
Speaker 3: And I hope everyone listening really is giving a round of applause right now for the air for the sound quality.
Speaker 1: It sounds great. But I have a beat of sweat dripping down my back as I do this.
Speaker 2: You gotta.
Speaker 1: Hey tell me about ghosts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I love ghosts. I think about them a lot.
Speaker 3: I have kind of a push pull with scary things where they're the only thing I want to look at or watch, like ghost TV show or ghost movie. But I'm also terrified of them and they really ruin my sleep, Like if I wake up in the middle of the night, the last scary thing I saw is just like a documentary.
Speaker 1: It's just true and it's happening. Do you watch like ghost hunting shows or what? Yeah?
Speaker 3: A big My big association with like ghost hunting shows is desperately wanting to keep watching it as long as possible, and then changing the channel when it got too intense, and then once I was on the new channel, being like fuck, I just want to go back, and then going back to it and being like, oh, it's too much. It's too much, or it's like a fixed a dent commercial, which is also you know, grappling.
Speaker 2: With what's to come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, I really love My favorite movie is The Mummy, which I was.
Speaker 2: It was my favorite movie for is everyone else's favorite movie.
Speaker 3: I feel I have a hard time sharing it with people being an adult about it.
Speaker 1: I had it on VHS too. I really really loved that movie. It got me very into ancient Egypt, and I thought that it was.
Speaker 3: All very accurate, the generation of women who were considering becoming Egyptologists when what was actually happening was we were all just like kind of hot.
Speaker 1: For resttrendon Frasier and yeah, I know. I seriously was like, Okay, I'm going to move to Egypt and I'm going to be studying all of these Like I have to look out for scare beetles because they will crawl under my skin. So that's one thing I've learned.
Speaker 3: From this that is true, and that's science. Yeah, it was very much like I have to before I die see the Pyramids of Giza and it's gonna be really hard to get there, but it'll be worth it. And I was like, oh, I'm just horny. Okay, that's my I can stay home.
Speaker 2: I went to.
Speaker 3: See The Ring with a group of friends in eighth grade and there was a boy in the group who I wanted to date. And I didn't know this must have been ninth grade. I didn't know which movie we were seeing, so I was like, Oh, yeah, i'll go. If TJ.
Speaker 2: Bellow's going, I'm in.
Speaker 3: And it was The Ring and I was like, buckle the fuck up, Like I was not prepared for. It was like a fire hose of scary and I slept on the couch for two weeks because that's where my dog slept and dogs can see ghosts, and I wanted to know what was coming.
Speaker 1: You know, I've talked about this before that I've heard from a lot of people of our generation that will tell me these like sleep paralysis stories or who knows what it is? A demon? I don't know, but it manifests as Samara from The Ring. They always say. They always go, oh, it's like a little girl with like have you ever seen The Ring? And I'm like, yes, it's I swear it's because it hit us so hard when we first saw it that it's deep down in there and when we are in these situations where we're either our mind is thinking of the scariest thing or if we want to go with a demon is feeding off of your fear, and so it knows exactly what will scare you, like Pennywise does. It's like it goes right to Samara.
Speaker 3: That is so fascinating. We've summoned her up. Yeah, she's she's in our collective subconscious.
Speaker 1: She's out of the TV.
Speaker 3: Honey, she's out, and she's on the town. She's stomping the ground and.
Speaker 1: She should be and she should be.
Speaker 3: Did you have the thing where you didn't want to watch anything on VHS after seeing the Ring?
Speaker 1: Now, I feel like that was really at the end of VHS times.
Speaker 3: If I'm it was well that I was gonna say that the problem kind of solved itself, right.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, I just can't take a risk.
Speaker 3: What if I put the tape in and oops, it's the tape the yeah, And then that technology just went away and I was like, oh, okay, I think I a little bit carried over to DVDs.
Speaker 2: I was like, better safe than sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna really make sure it's the two towers extended edition before putting it in.
Speaker 1: Man, So have you had encounters with ghosts?
Speaker 2: I I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think I desperately wanted to have had them, but also in the moment, like praying that it wasn't real. But I have had like like you said, the sleep paralysis, kind of dream state where it feels like something's kind of coming through a little bit. The thing I like fell as. I have two kind of ghost stories, and they're both little tidbits. You know, this is a pretzel bite, This is not a full pretzel.
Speaker 1: Okay, give me a little snack.
Speaker 2: A little snack can tide you over. Yeah.
Speaker 3: In I guess it was like twenty ten. I am very angsty. I'm sad. Just graduated from art school. I'm applying to the Apple Store. The Apple Store application was endless. It was longer than college application.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I was up till three in the morning filling this thing out in the basement on my little white MacBook, and I fell asleep a little bit well typing, and then I woke up and there was a bunch of nonsense words typed, but not where my cursor was. It was earlier in the there's like an essay that was like describe what a computer means to you or whatever, like, I don't know why there were essay questions on this thing, but just in the middle of the text it said, oh nico ni, which I'm just scared to say it loud. But that's ghost. This is not a good story. This is my only true I can't explain it story.
Speaker 1: What does O nico ni mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Spooky?
Speaker 3: Spooky, spooky, So that that's it's so disappointing to be like a lifetime ghost fan and that my only actual like what was that experience?
Speaker 2: Was such a letdown?
Speaker 1: The cursed Cursor, the curse Cursor.
Speaker 3: See you're you're you're putting some jazz on it. I really appreciate that. Yeah, but okay, this this one, I think is actually kind of cultural and interesting. Okay, So my dad is Jewish and we grew up celebrating both holidays. So there's a well known ghost thing that if your candle flame burns tall and thin, that means there's a ghost nearby. Okay, as I'm saying it, I'm like, wait, that isn't that well known. I should have been like, here, it comes a cool thing that like when a flame goes tall and thin, that means that the spirits are near. And whenever we had light Hanukah candles and they'd go tall and thin, I'd be like, my great grandma's here, because she had passed away a few years before.
Speaker 2: Her name was Pauline. She's very nice. Shot out, shout out to Pauline, asked.
Speaker 3: Her name was asked, that's kind of funny. So there was one night where I had a really realistic, persistent dream that I was sitting in front of the Hanka candles. All lights were off in the house and the flames were going very very very skinny and tall, and I looked over and on an end table was a roll of Bounty paper towels that were still wrapped up, and it was that my grandmother's soul had gone into the Bounty paper towels and she wanted a hug, and we hugged her, and I remember feeling the plastic pushing against the paper. I was like, I guess it's my great grandma. Now that's the only other ghost story. It felt very real. I was like, oh cool, she's back. She is paper towels. But ultimately I guess this is nice.
Speaker 1: Hey, she's back, brother, she is back.
Speaker 3: I really I was like, God, you think you have ghost stories and then you start saying them and it's like, this is just nothing.
Speaker 2: This is paper towels.
Speaker 1: Hey, it felt real to you in the moment, and I I count it.
Speaker 2: I count it.
Speaker 1: I count it, and I am I want to have like a Judge show, like Judge Judy, where you tell me your ghost story and I declare if it is a ghost story or.
Speaker 2: Not, and you why wouldn't that be a show.
Speaker 1: That should be a Listen, there's about fifteen ideas I have for shows that should be starring me, but none of them exist. And that's one of them.
Speaker 2: God damn, sign me up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you just want to think you so, do you believe in like demons?
Speaker 3: I think on some gut level, my mom is Catholic and I was confirmed Catholic, and so because of that, I do respect a demon. I know that they are. I don't think they're real, but I do respect them.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you don't think they're real, but you respect them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If shit start it's going down, I'll be like I won't be like, haha, it's just a dumb old demon.
Speaker 2: What's gonna happen if I say this thing right? Like, we're not doing ha ha, We're not fucking around with a ouiji board.
Speaker 1: Really no.
Speaker 3: I find them fun, but it's it's kind of that push pull thing where I'm like, I really want to play with it, but I also am like, we can't be calling for things that we that we know not what they are.
Speaker 1: Mmm. You know that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Where are you on demons?
Speaker 1: Well? You know, I'm also like really big on online dating, and I do call upon people I don't know anything about and I take the chance, and you know, I'm taking risks. I know you're calling things forth, I'm calling things for them opening up doors. But I will say, I, okay, I think we're in the sequel of Satanic Panic. Like I think it's part two, you know very much eighties? Do you know you know about like the eighties Satanic pants.
Speaker 2: I'm I do.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of obsessed with it. And I actually bought this really great book. I think it's just called Satanic Panic, and it's kind of like there's lots of pictures, but it's also educational about the whole thing. I got it at the Mystic Museum in Burbank, California, shout out. And anyway, I feel like there's a lot of fear of demons and like it's so fun, it's so weird. How one time I'll search on x like some kind of drag queen reading books.
Speaker 2: At children instead of Twitter. I know you said it.
Speaker 3: I know that was really brave and I had to interrupt you to point out how brave.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but I'll I'll search on there like, oh, I heard that this drag queen is is getting dragged about books to kids or something. And then forever I'll just get all these posts of people post talking about how like the look at look at this drag queen's eyes, she's a demon And these are who's you know with your children and LGBT. They're a cult and they're trying to convert whatever, like all this kind of shit, and so I don't know, it's put me in this place lately where I'm like, well, I don't know. The demons sound like I guess I'm like with them, like, I guess they're like on my side.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Yeah, what's one thing a demon has done to me? Ultimately, you're reminding me, we really are in that. I had a show, an animated show come out last year that had to do with cults and human sacrifice very minimally, but like the It was called Praise p D. It was on free Form Home of the Bold type.
Speaker 2: It is now off of every play. It came out during the strike. It's fine.
Speaker 3: But the trailer came out and it showed a part of the pilot which involved human sacrifice and like people in robes. And I saw it started the trailer was getting like a million, two million, three million views.
Speaker 2: I was like, Wow, my show's going to be a hit.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, wait, hold on, Oh that's too many, that's too many views.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: And it turned out that Charlie Kirk, who's some kind of like turning point Trump mouthpiece, had posted about it or done a video about like how it was proof of like pizzagate style stuff that it was like demons are dancing in the streets of Hollywood was something. It wasn't Tucker Carlson. It was Oh not Glenn Beck, the other guy, the guy who got in trouble for saying that Sandy Hook was fake.
Speaker 1: Oh, Alex Jones, Alex.
Speaker 3: Jones talked about it too, Wow, where they were like, this is proof that Hollywood is just flaunting in our faces that they're all demon worshiping, child blood drinking people.
Speaker 1: See. But when they talked when they just do that kind of thing, I'm like, well, what else are we supposed to do? Like I it's so ridiculous. I'm just like I'm a demon, Like I don't. It's so silly.
Speaker 3: And also they were like, you can see the messaging. They're not even trying to hide it. I was like, no, this is textually about ritual stuff. It's not We're not like slipping it into something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but those people also think that if you're not Christian, you're evil, or if you're like depicting anything not Christian, it's evil. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's also like, yeah, everyone's looking for subliminal stuff, but it's we're not doing Illuminati anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't think we are. No. Well, when I joined it, like literally nobody was at the meetings. I was like, Okay, I guess this is not it anymore. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My emails kept going through and saying like, your form has been submitted, and then I tried to check on the form and it would say submit the form, and I was like, okay.
Speaker 1: I know they I don't know who's running it anymore. I don't get your shit together because we want to join, but you're making it really confusing.
Speaker 2: We'll bake stuff for the stuff.
Speaker 1: I've heard that their chili cookoff is so fun.
Speaker 2: It is so fun.
Speaker 3: The chili itself is fine, but the experience, the energy at the cookoff is fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's what I wanted when I signed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So going back to demons for a sac there's this story I had never heard of and I recently learned about, and I want to tell you about it because it's kind of wild. Have you ever heard about the story? In nineteen seventy nine, there was a high school kind I mean it was like a military high school like whatever that they believe the whole school got possessed by demons. No, it's good, Okay, let me tell you this story. Okay. So basically most of my info comes from this documentary that I do not recommend. I'm sorry, I recommend a lot of things on Max. See. I'm like, I'm picking up.
Speaker 3: You are just eating out of their hands. You are doing as you're told.
Speaker 1: Wow, the Illuminati. So it's on Max but it's like one of these travel channel things and it's called The Devil's Academy, and it's a one part documentary. And it's weird because they're talking about this story because it's like a Satanic panic thing, but they're so like the talking head people on it are so sincere and convinced that the only thing that happened was that demons got into the school and attack these kids. And this was the Satanic panic time, and this is when there was a lot of demon worship and possession. I'm like, girl, so much of that stuff has been proven to not be real. It was just how it is now, people freaking out about demons when there wasn't anything actually happening. So I don't know. I don't recommend the documentary, but I got some of the story from that. And also there's a bunch of articles from that time. There's a nineteen seventy nine New York Times article I found about this story, so it made it to the NYT.
Speaker 2: It's fit to print.
Speaker 1: Yet, Seriously, this was a real story. Nineteen seventy nine, October twenty fourth, Halloween time, some of these high school kids are at a party and they're doing their evil occult stuff, like they're playing tarot cards. They're probably listening to rock and roll music, and they're playing Bloody Mary. And as they're playing Bloody Mary, chaos breaks out at the party. Kids that are normally friends start fighting each other physically and they're like, oh my god, we summoned a demon. Now this is like kids at a slumber part. Like I can't tell you how many times when I was younger being like, you guys, there was there was a ghost, and like I don't think there.
Speaker 2: Was no Everyone's just excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you all kind of like jump on it, Like what else are you gonna get excited about? So anyway, October twenty fifth, nineteen seventy nine, it's the next day. They're at school, the Miami Aerospace Academy. They're called cadets, not students, and they're like tenth grade. So according to this doc, the kids are talking about, oh my god, last night was so crazy, bloody Mary, there's a demon whatever, and the teacher is like, all right, I'm gonna give hypnosis to this one girl because she won't stop freaking out about last night, which is weird, but apparently the school was very weird, and she's getting hypnosis and all of a sudden, she gets up and runs out of the room, goes to the bathroom, falls to the floor, and starts saying the devil is inside of me, and allegedly she starts levitating. In another classroom, two students start whipping each other's asses, and then one of them jumps out of a window, falls on the pavement two stories down. Everyone's like, oh my god, he just died. No, he gets up completely fine, and he's growling with red eyes.
Speaker 2: Allegedly, well, that's demon.
Speaker 1: That sounds undeniably like a demon. So the kids are kicking in walls, they're ripping down doors, kids are fainting. Everyone's screaming. I mean, it's chaos. The word that I kept seeing in these articles from nineteen seventy nine was berserk.
Speaker 2: Really good word.
Speaker 1: It's a great word. So the kids are going berserk. They're looking at each other and they're claiming that they see their friend, but their eyes it's like not them behind their eyes. They're all possessed, but it seems like not all of them got possessed. Now, let me ask you this, if you had the option in this scenario, like to get possessed or not, Like, what would you do?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Like, would you be offended if you weren't possessed, if you weren't one of the possessed ones?
Speaker 2: Totally? Yeah, I'd be so offen. I'd be like, what was it about me that wasn't good enough to get possessed?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Am I I'm actually interested in this stuff?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I feel like if that happened to me, I would pretend. I'd be like like ripping stuff down and like I just want to fit in. Yeah at that age especially.
Speaker 3: Come on, Yeah, I wouldn't opt into it, but I'd feel left out if it didn't pick me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure. So the police are showing up and apparently these kids got super human strength. They're really just tearing this place apart and this students insist that the devil is in the school. Firemen and police officers like they've gone on records saying that the kids are like freaking out. They're yelling about bloody Mary. The school's president was a man who was a former military official. His name was.
Speaker 4: Ivaristo Marina Oh, but he insisted that people called him Elineral and he was like this strict man from Castro's Cuba, and he was like the headmaster, and he apparently created a really strict environment where the teachers would be threatening these kids with.
Speaker 1: Paddles, and it was like that kind of situation, very like this wouldn't exist today. Many of the kids were, you know, kicked out of other schools or whatever, and they end up at this military school. Apparently for fun. The kids would play with Ouiji boards and tarot cards at school and they would do bloody Mary and all of that stuff. And they have claimed that the teachers taught them this, which the teachers have all denied. Of course, the students found signs of Santarilla but like dark dark magic around the school, including burnt pennies and chicken bones oh that they believed to be from el ineral No. The teachers deny that they ever did any of that, but I don't know. It seems like the students were pretty convinced that there was some dark witchery happening in the school, and even the teacher that did the hypnosis denied it. Now it in Aral. He told the press that someone must have put the students up to this to sabotage because he was running to be a city commissioner, and it just made it look like his school was unruly and out of control. Nobody was seriously injured. And then there was a New York Times article two days later that an English teacher said that it was a Wiji board session that started this whole thing. It wasn't hypnosis, it was Wiji board. And then this made all the kids become legitimately possessed by demons. Do you believe it?
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 3: I mean, like Miami in October is hurricane season, ooh so giving it a sense of place. I think this was an unmoored time, a little bit unhinged. I believe that like a bunch of kids freaking out about the same thing is effectively the same as a demon possessing them. Like I think that energy is as undeniable and ancient and biblical as an actual demon.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, you also have to think The Exorcist was just a few years before that, that's right, which inspired all these other movies about possession. And you know it's funny because that documentary is like when The Exorcist came out, all these people started claiming getting possessed and it's like, well, I don't know, we saw the Mummy and then all of us wanted to be ancient Egyptologists. Like it kind of happens. Yeah, with young people, they see something in a movie, it doesn't mean it's real.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean it's real.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I found it fascinating.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is fascinating. The Aerospace Academy, they're learning about flying.
Speaker 1: Well, they're flying out of windows, they're flying out.
Speaker 2: Of what come on, and they're getting up and growling. That's insane.
Speaker 1: And levitating.
Speaker 2: Don't levitate in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Don't levitate in the bathroom, at least levitate where everyone could see it.
Speaker 3: I guess I was surprised to hear that there were boys and girls there. I wonder if that was part of the panic well, because people were like, yeah, oh, there's boys and girls learning together.
Speaker 1: That's where Satan can exist. I feel like I've seen this in like comedy sketches or movies or something, but it is real. When I was in Catholic school, at dances, teachers would be like, leave room for Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: Really a thing. They said, Hey, what do you think of haunted dolls.
Speaker 2: I'm absolutely here for them.
Speaker 3: Whenever I like think about it in the abstract, I'm like, well, there's no such thing as a haunted doll, and then you see the picture of the doll and you're like, well, there's a ghost in there.
Speaker 2: Every time. What do you think of haunted dolls?
Speaker 1: Wow, this episode in particular, I feel like I'm coming up very non believery, which is not the case. It's just I think that there is the real deal, and then I think there's a lot of people trying it okay, and they're not succeeding.
Speaker 2: People want to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I get it, Yeah, I get it. But yeah, I think that the real deal can absolutely exist. However, I'm real big in the eBay haunted doll community. Come on, and I really pay attention to the market. I know what is out there. There's a whole world of beanie babies that are haunted and McDonald's, you know kids toys. You could find anything and they claim there's a ghost inside of it. Wow. I would like to show you one. Let me introduce this segment. It's time for the dolls are living. Okay, here's one I've got for you. That's currently up on eBay for forty five dollars. Her name is Agatha.
Speaker 3: Oh no, all that see that's a haunted doll. What other explanation is there there's a ghost in there.
Speaker 1: I don't know shit with the origins of this doll, because here's the thing. The dolls and the ghosts are two different, you know, entities coming together to form a haunted doll. So the spirit inside has really nothing to do with what we're looking at at this doll. I don't know, like, why does this doll exist? It's a granny that kind of has like a Swiss vibe to her, but she's also like a garden gnome or something like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like elderly female garden gnome with like Northern European traditional dress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's got a little smirk. I don't know why this doll ever existed. I don't know what it was for. I don't know is it a character from something? I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I've never seen a doll with like crows feet before. This is an elderly doll, which is nice.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, that is nice. I tend to like the ones that are I look for older dolls which do exist.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: There's we just recently had like a granny and grandpa kind of couple doll.
Speaker 3: Huh, yeah, it does beg the question why is it small?
Speaker 2: Like a baby doll? Is like, oh, yeah, babies are small.
Speaker 3: But seeing a small like a tiny a tiny old lady is like, oh is there more?
Speaker 2: Is there more context for me? Or we just we just it's tiny.
Speaker 1: I know I want to meet the kid that has like a little granny.
Speaker 2: As a Oh my god, it would be us.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait a minute, what are we looking at. There's another picture that is zoomed out a little bit. What are those things in the Oh, it looks like bullets or like vape car I think these are. I think the one is like a cat ball, which people use for ghost hunting. And then there's some other kind of little device that's probably for ghost hunting. And then they have a photograph next to the doll of a very creepy kind of Victorian lady. I don't know who she is. But here's the good news. These come with biographies. Oh good. Let's see what it says here about Agatha. It says meat Agatha, you can call me Aggie. Oh, this is great. This is one of these ones where they write it first person.
Speaker 2: It's the doll talking. Yes, the doll, give me the keys, Give me the keys.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a bad dad joke. Just came to my head.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Do you think she types it or does she use a ghost rider?
Speaker 2: Well? I just got chills. That was amazing, Thank you. That was way better than a dad joke. That was a mom joke.
Speaker 1: Ah, that was like a stepdad joke. So it says you can call me Aggie Aggie. Oh, now it's back to not first person, okay.
Speaker 2: Aggie's agent.
Speaker 1: Aggie was a grandma who was a known healer. She would guide people with all kinds of issues to a less burdened path. I was so excited when I found a vessel that looked just like the picture to gift her. Aggie has the energy of a spirit guide. She is a protector and a watcher. She likes to tag along with you places and bring blessings. Aggie has been with me for some time, and I honestly thought she was going to stay, but she feels that there is someone out there who needs her more than I do. Aggie is active at night for me. She has some beautiful cream colored orbs that she loves to share. I don't like the sound.
Speaker 2: Of that, Aggy, keep it in your shirt. Come on, a keep your orbs.
Speaker 1: Keep those cream orbs to yourself, girl. Aggie would be perfect for a beginner. I honestly had so much help on my journey from my guides. Everyone needs one in their lives. She communicates through dreams and visions. She will also use other forms of divination. So that's Aggie. Well, this is great. This little granny doll in a gnome outfit has really helped this person, and she's here to help anyone else.
Speaker 2: I never considered that a haunted doll could help you.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Just like have a creepy thing. But it does.
Speaker 3: I guess maybe a lot of them are like they could do good stuff for you. Maybe that would fix all of my problems.
Speaker 2: Just you know, I'm willing to try it.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel. Even crystals and all kinds of things. I'm like, listen, if it's even a plus, by what fact for me? I don't care if you tell me that this is going to help, I'm going to be like I did something that will help me.
Speaker 3: And you said how much forty nine forty five? An acupuncture session is what one fifteen?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you get.
Speaker 2: One doll and you don't have to recharge it. You don't have to. There's no subscription model. You just have the doll.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, but look out for those cream orbs.
Speaker 3: She is active at night for this person, yes, specifically, yes, wow. And I do really like the photo of the older woman with her. I find her to be kind of like inspirationally beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she is. It's one of these things where the picture is creepy because it's like an old picture. But she she looks cool. You know, she's kind of given is. Do you know the character actress Beth Grant, she plays the Lady and Donnie Darko. She's in like literally hundreds of things. She's in Tuwong Fu. She always plays kind of like a lot of times like a like a southern.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, of course, yes, of course, of course.
Speaker 1: She kind of reminds me of her. Okay, let's do another thing. You want to hear some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: I do. I'm getting scared. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: It's time for EVP or ev plice. Okay, you know about evp's right from these ghost hunting shows. Remind me EVP in the biz stands for Electronic Voice phenomenal. So this is anytime somebody with a recording device believes they've captured a ghost speaking. And I go to YouTube sometimes TikTok, and I find people's alleged EVPs that they post online, and I'm going to play two of them for yeah, and I'm going to give you an ABCD option of what the ghost is saying, okay, and the correct answer is going to be what the person that posted it believes the ghost is saying.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: So this first one is from ghost hunter Charleston. Ooh, Charleston. Okay. It is at a place called the Strawberry Chapel. And I want you to tell me what you think this ghost might be saying. All right, what is this ghost saying? And a dressin Oh my god, Yeah, that's aggressive.
Speaker 2: Okay, here one more time, yep, Okay.
Speaker 1: Does anything come to mind before I give you some options?
Speaker 3: The only thing that comes to my mind is that it's coughing like a bugs flew into the back of its throat.
Speaker 1: I wonder if ghosts have that problem. That's interesting they do.
Speaker 3: They're always like, oh, like their mouth is always open bug fluin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's aggressive. Whatever is happening here at the Strawberry Chapel. Let me play it again.
Speaker 2: Oh that is so scary.
Speaker 1: It really is scary. Well, they believe it's saying something. Okay, they believe it is a I hate flats. Maybe they don't like shoes without a heel. Did I think it's B I hate that? Whatever that could be. Did they think it was C. My name's ball. Maybe the person's name is ball or D I'm a brat brat summer. Okay, now that we know it's one of those, let me play it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you think?
Speaker 1: What was C? Again? My name's ball.
Speaker 2: I guess my name's ball.
Speaker 3: I wanted to say I hate that, but I think my name's Ball just makes me smile and I want to live in a world where that's what a ghost said.
Speaker 1: That is what they believe it said. My name's ball. Let me play it again. Now. This is interesting because in the video the ghost hunter asks, they say, my name's Jane, what's your name and then it says my name's ball, my name's Ball, and they happened to be near a grave that belonged to the Ball family.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you know, was.
Speaker 1: It one of these Balls or not? I don't know, but it said something to me.
Speaker 3: I really think I think the ghost went to Hookah with its roommates at NYU freshman year to try to fit in, and it's just coughing and having trouble.
Speaker 1: That could be. Here's another one. It's from the same people, ghost Hunt to Charleston, and this one the location I don't know, Okay, but they ask a question, they say, do you have a favorite TV show? And then it replies with this.
Speaker 2: Favorite TV show and it says, okay, I get Happy Days. I like happy Days.
Speaker 1: That's not what they thought. Okay, what did they give you? Some options? Okay, okay, do you have a favorite TV show? Did it say, Hey, the Wire, the.
Speaker 5: I love Lucy See, I like Chips or d Little Women Atlanta?
Speaker 1: I love Little Women Atlanta. If you don't want, you better get caught up.
Speaker 2: Is it on Max?
Speaker 1: Where is it? I think it's on I think it is. I don't know. I get confused, but well, miss Jessy's my girl. Okay, Okay, here we go. It's one of those. Let me play it again.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's definitely possible that you and the ghost have the same taste.
Speaker 1: You think it's little women Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it's possible. It sounds like I like chips to.
Speaker 1: Me, that is what they believe. It says I like chips. Let me play it again. Now that we know it they like Eric Estrada. All right, let's do one last thing. Okay, I'm just gonna ask you various things that are on this topic, and I'm curious if you have any thoughts, if you have any experiences, we'll see psychics.
Speaker 2: What do you think some are real, some are wrong. I think some are real.
Speaker 1: Have you been to any I have been to.
Speaker 3: I've had my palm red in the streets of Rome by an old woman who told me that I was going to have medium success and fuck a lot of people and live to the age of one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: And then I've consulted a dog psychics on behalf of my dog, and the dog psychic refused to answer any questions about her past because she said that my dog is a very private person.
Speaker 2: It didn't want to doesn't like to live in the past. And I was like, oh, okay, well.
Speaker 1: That's an easy way out. Yeah, wow, Okay. Was this an old lady in Rome? Yeah, I would trust.
Speaker 2: That she might have been thirty five, but she read old. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I have friends who like, there's like a psychic they talk to on the phone and they live in Sedona and they know stuff about their dead dad that no one else could possibly know. And I'm like, that feels real.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, but I yeah, I agree with you. Some some got it, some of it ain't. What about deja vu or like synchronoicities? Do you read into that kind of stuff when things happen too good to be true? I do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: At some point someone told me the scientific reason that it happens, which is that your brain glitches and reinterpret it interprets new stimulus as a memory. So it feels like something has already happened. But I had it while taking wedding phote. I got married a week ago, and why yes, I know. I was being so chill about it. Congratulation, thank you, But as we were coming down from taking pictures, I had huge deja vu and the wedding coordinator said, oh, that's great. That means you're on the right path. I was like, that's I've never heard that before, but I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what I always think. Oh yeah, I always think if you feel like you've been here before, it's because, yeah, you're going it's supposed you're supposed to.
Speaker 2: I'll take it. That rocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. I think you accidentally got a glimpse into the future one day and sweet, yeah, totally. Okay. What about out curses?
Speaker 3: Curses like a curse is placed on a person, or there's a cursed object that you touch and then you catch the curse.
Speaker 1: Curses like fuck shit? Oh no, no, Like, do you believe that someone can curse someone or someone can be cursed?
Speaker 2: I do, I honestly do.
Speaker 3: I think it takes so little for the vibe to shift, and I think it's possible to invoke that with words. Yeah, I think curses is real. What do you think?
Speaker 1: Sure? I think so. It's literally everything. I'm like, some of it's for real, some of it you try and too hard, but you don't got the goods. Honey.
Speaker 2: That is a direct quote from Abbi Ley Miller dance.
Speaker 1: That's what I feel like. It's like American Idol auditions in two thousand and three, Yes, where it's like you might find Kelly Clarkson, but you're gonna get a lot of William Hungs and God bless. That's how I feel about psychics, m and curses, absolutely all of it. Okay, what about UFOs.
Speaker 3: I can't think about them. That stresses me out so much. Really, I can't fucking think about it cause I don't get it. Space stuff in general I find freaky. The idea of having to go to space to me is hell, it's none of our business. That's too far. I shouldn't have to know about any of that. And when NASA, like a year ago, is like, yeah, actually there's so many aliens and they're coming in so hot and heavy and furious, I was like, you have to shut up.
Speaker 1: They never said that.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me any of this.
Speaker 3: They were like, yeah, actually, randomly there's so many UFOs and we're freaking out.
Speaker 2: I was like, you have just shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: I think it's good. I think don't be afraid.
Speaker 2: Okay, Honestly that did make me feel better.
Speaker 1: Because this is what I think. Look around, we need help, and these people are so smart and know how to like come to us, and I feel like things can't get too much worse. I think they're only here to help.
Speaker 2: That's fair, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Okay, last one Past lives, I think.
Speaker 3: Like I believe in it the way I believe in like astrology, where I'm like, it's fun to think about and I have my opinions on which things I think are right. And then also I'm not like writing on it, you know, like I wouldn't. It wouldn't prevent me from doing something else, you know, like it wouldn't change my behavior. It was like, well, you know that the past, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think the answer is no. But it's fun to think about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think it's a Kelly Clarkson or a William Hung?
Speaker 3: I would say it's a William Hung as much as I want it to be at least a Reuben Studdard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, bonus one, Okay, Bigfoot?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I think Bigfoot's real, but I think none of us have seen him.
Speaker 1: Oh where is he?
Speaker 2: He's out there, he's doing his thing.
Speaker 1: Is it also like that's none of our business? Leave him alone? No?
Speaker 3: I think it's fun and nice. I just think I think it is real. And also that one picture that we've all seen is the only picture of him, but the rest of the pictures are not real. But maybe people have seen it. That's where I'm at. I'm like, of course there's a bigfoot. I just think all these pictures are not not true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you like him?
Speaker 1: I love him?
Speaker 2: He is for me.
Speaker 1: I think I think that there's multiple level. I don't think it's a one person or a one thing. I think they're all over the place, but they're running around but they're sneaky. Can't get them. And thank god, actually someone just recently sent me these things sometimes pop up and I get tagged and them, and there's a there's a show I think it's called like Monster Hunters or something, and it's one of these like travel channel things, and it's these like mountain I it's called like Mountain Monsters or something, and it's like these men that go out there hunting bigfoot and they're like it has like six seasons or something, and they're fully convinced that they encounter bigfoot. They haven't been able to kill it, but they're like motivated to kill bigfoot.
Speaker 3: And they're hunting, like hunting, hunting to kill, not like we want to fight.
Speaker 1: They've got guns.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, get them out of there.
Speaker 1: I know. And they say that they've like they're like, oh, we just got attacked, but like, okay, no, you didn't win. And also I feel like, yeah, you got attacked because you're trying to kill bigfoot.
Speaker 2: You're doing a home invasion on bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Seriously, get out of there, don't go there. I want Bigfoot to show up in their houses. How about that.
Speaker 2: Show me monster hunter hunters?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do.
Speaker 2: You like it?
Speaker 1: Hey? Thanks for joining me? This is so fun.
Speaker 2: Was really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I like chips. Tell people where you want them to find jan what you what you want them to to now and watch and all that.
Speaker 3: I want them to find me at Porto's on Magnolia Boulevard. Yes, oh, sign me up. I'm on I guess I'm on Instagram and Twitter. I won't say it at Anadrezen and I have a podcast with your friend and mine Andrew Farmer. Oh my god, called scary stories to tell on the pod.
Speaker 1: You too, are so funny.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Oh it's my friend.
Speaker 3: He's my friend and we talk about scary stories specifically.
Speaker 2: And it's really nice.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 2: You can find us on podcast on the podcast dot com.
Speaker 1: Do you have any TV shows or anything you want us to watch? Hmmm, No, Wait a second, here's a question. Yeah, you used to work on SNL. How come every time I talk to SNL people and I ask them if thirty Rock is haunted, they say no.
Speaker 3: I feel like everyone is just so wrapped up in their own haunted hell that they're not looking around them for more of it.
Speaker 2: Like everything is just so you're just.
Speaker 3: So wrapped up in your own like uh creative panic that week that you're not like, is there a ghost?
Speaker 1: Yeah? There literally could be ghosts crawling on you? And you're like I have a deadline, like I've got to Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Have to talk to props, but they're on lunch and I don't know what room they're in. Yeah, it's like you barely know to check in with your friends, let alone like contend with the beyond.
Speaker 2: I bet it's haunted.
Speaker 1: I want to believe that, like, especially like in the off season or like when there's not as much chaos going on, there's got to be ghost creeping around there. But in my mind that place was like back in the old live radio days, like, yeah, something must have fallen on somebody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like the studio I think is the natural place to look for a ghost, but I think the seventeenth floor where all the writing offices are, that to me has felt haunted because it's like a long, beige hallway with kind of old fluorescent lights and foot black and white photos on the wall of every person who's ever been on cast, really, and that's the place where you're most likely to be alone, Like, it's rare that you're alone down in the studio. There's usually like some people bopping around, but like three am, you're turning in your little sketch and it's just you and Brad.
Speaker 1: Hall a long dark hallway.
Speaker 2: Come on, scary.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm taking it my Judge show again. I'm saying haunted it is. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The sleep deprivation too, is like that. That will open a portal. I once got off the elevator on the ninth floor and didn't know where I was. I didn't know who I was, what day it was, what building I was in, And that was a wake up call.
Speaker 1: Do you have stress streams still about that? From time to time?
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like behind the scenes producing stuff. But yeah, a lot of like it's Friday night and we don't have a cold open yet, and I haven't looked at the news and I need to write it.
Speaker 1: I have stress dreams about working there and I've never worked there. Just from talking to people, I'm like, this is so scary to me. That's actual terror to me. It is. I'll take hanging out with ghosts, but yeah, having to come up with amazing material that the whole world can see within a day or two.
Speaker 3: No, I'd rather levitate in a bathroom than be talented on the spot. I'm not doing that anymore. I'm gonna take my time.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, if I could levitate, are you kidding me? I would take over this world. First of all, in a bathroom, I would. What we don't know, what we're not talking about is the poor girl who's probably in a stall going to the bathroom, and all of a sudden she sees just above the door, this other girl just kind of creeping above. What a terrible day, terrible day. All right, Well, anyway, thanks for doing this.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. This is so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is fun. Who's that person behind you? All right, goodbye, Thank you so much to Ana Dressin and thank you, thank you for listening. As always, I got some tour dates coming up. Guess what, Oh my gosh, I'm going to be doing some Ghosted shows on stage soon. So make sure you are paying attention to my social media and you know that link and bio the link tree. That's where I put the tickets. And also I'm the Ghosted by Roz Instagram. You can see all the different sponsors that we have for the show. They're linked there and it's a great way to support the show. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Okay, by this has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, So email me at Ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's instagram at Ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at Roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spookky Georgia hard Start, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer.