Speaker 1: Are you leaving? I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 2: Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and a terminol and gay.
Speaker 2: We want to send you off in style.
Speaker 1: We wanna welcome you back home.
Speaker 3: Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared her? Was it fine? Malborn? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do your need ride?
Speaker 2: Ride with Karen and Chris? Welcome to Do you need a ride? This is Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 1: And this is Karen Kilgareth.
Speaker 2: We're starting this episode in kind of an old school way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oftentimes on podcasts or on morning radio, they you sit there and wait patiently if you know what you're doing as a guest, and wait for them to address you. So you're watching fifteen minutes of them talking about the local you know, pig roast or the watermelon festival, or you know, any number of them, and then they're finally like, well today we have a comedian and.
Speaker 1: You know there's a pig who loves watermelon.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Yeah, they look for the right segu and it's usually pig based. But we have one of our favorite little piggies on today. We love them. You know, I'm from clubs and colleges across the country. I'm bringing them in early. Everyone put your ears together for our friend, Bridger Wiger.
Speaker 4: I haven't had dinner. I just could go in any direction.
Speaker 1: Are you on the cutting edge right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I am on the cutting edge.
Speaker 2: Did you have lunch?
Speaker 4: I had a small lunch. I had it all planned out, and then I've had a thin mint. I ate one thin mint before getting in the car, so we'll see how far that carries.
Speaker 1: You put it on your tongue, and you said, ignition, let's fucking go.
Speaker 4: No, this is the time of the day that I usually most often think about breaking up with Jim, right around six Yes, blood sugar rock Bottom, yeap, Yes, ready for a fight.
Speaker 1: Just nothing's working anymore? Yes, no solutions.
Speaker 4: I start writing down the list.
Speaker 2: Is another draft of my tomatum.
Speaker 4: One more paragraph and another thing.
Speaker 1: Finn mint on the tongue.
Speaker 3: Now, if you had to pick between a junior mint, a thin mint, and an Andy's candy, which one is your number one pick?
Speaker 1: Bridger Wineger, you go first.
Speaker 4: Junior mint will not enter my mouth. That's not even part of the equation. Wow, but then it's thin mint Andy's mint.
Speaker 1: What's the problem with Junior Min's.
Speaker 4: Oh disgusting mint flavor?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The other two have a much CLASSI er mint flavor, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what's the bigger one?
Speaker 4: Is it a not a Klon diaque but all that disgusting patty.
Speaker 1: I don't like peppermint patty. You're a York peppermint.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, sir. The peppermint patty is my least favorite. I think I'm with you on the gelatinous uh minty whatever that is.
Speaker 4: It is toothpaste, just a slime in the middle of a chocolate, a cheap chocolate.
Speaker 2: Yes it is. I'm with you. I go Andy's first.
Speaker 3: But guys, have you ever in the summertime put Junior mints in the freezer and then take them out by I'm listening.
Speaker 1: It's the end.
Speaker 4: This I have not heard of.
Speaker 3: I try it for yourselves, because the gelatinousness becomes a slightly firm, it takes it more in a York peppermint patty way.
Speaker 1: But it's just like these little buttons, and it's good.
Speaker 4: They should have those directions on the box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm writing it. About it, I'll let them know they shouldn't.
Speaker 4: Be served at room temperature. Right, Well, think about them hot? What if those were served hot?
Speaker 1: What if I gave you a mug of hot Junior?
Speaker 2: Now it's yeah, it's floating on some Christmas themed beverage. Oh, I'm all of a sudden listening. Yeah, why do I keep saying I'm listening?
Speaker 1: Well, you just want people to know you're listening.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm here to be the podcast or not the listener.
Speaker 1: It'd be great if you'd listen every once in a while.
Speaker 2: It would be what did you say? That's classic? That's just classic comedy. Maybe the timing was off, but that's whether. It's a basis of wrickles and a lot.
Speaker 4: Maybe all three of us could quietly sit here and listen.
Speaker 3: Maybe we all listened to room tone for a bit, and then we just reset this fucking thing.
Speaker 4: Karen, what are your mint preferences?
Speaker 3: I'd like to say, and I think I already revealed I like Junior mints, although in general I'm not interested in mint as a dessert. My sister was describing her favorite dessert from a restaurant and it involved mint ice cream.
Speaker 1: Oreo bed and.
Speaker 3: Then something else and I was like, that's so gross, and she got really mad at me, and like after fifty years of being sisters, it was like I didn't know her anymore. I was like, I thought you didn't like mint like me. I thought this was like a set thing, like how we both don't like fish?
Speaker 4: What are we doing so you'd never change?
Speaker 1: You promised me.
Speaker 2: Sister said, you told me you'd stay cool all summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with not using mint chip ice cream.
Speaker 2: I'm going to admit something now, and I don't want everyone to yell at me. Thin Mint I thought was like a diet craze. I thought thin mint Chris upcept with me. It's a girl scout cookie, isn't it? Is it?
Speaker 4: I genuinely don't know what you're doing right now, if you thought it was a diet craze, or if you're kidding, what is do you?
Speaker 2: Does anyone know the diet that I think?
Speaker 3: I'm yes, okay, it's I think they were called thins and it was like a diet pill.
Speaker 1: Am I wrong or right?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Or does that sound familiar?
Speaker 2: I think I'm just Oh, someone's talking to me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for what reason?
Speaker 2: I don't hanging out of the she's vomiting, I think, or she has a headache.
Speaker 1: She's having a headache out of the car.
Speaker 2: She just has her head out the window. They are smaller than they appear, these objects. She said, I've run.
Speaker 1: Four yellow lights in a row. Has anyone noticed.
Speaker 4: You've got to do it.
Speaker 2: You're not running them. It's just a suggestion if it's yellow.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I'm terrible with the yellow light. I come to a screeching.
Speaker 2: Haul to you.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'll stop traffic. Yeah, I need to. I need to find a balance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's hard when you travel, too, because that yellow is different in each city.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we should just find a space of time for the yellow to be Yeah, why can't it just be the same everywhere?
Speaker 2: In Montana? It is so quick that I run red lights because I'm used to how long the yellow is in California. It's true, it's true. Thin mints are a girl scout cookie. Okay, okay, I've had them, although, but there's cookie in it. That's good.
Speaker 3: What's the name of the fancy mint bridger you were talking about?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 4: Let's see thin mint, junior mint, peppermint, patty, Andy's mint, but min.
Speaker 3: There's there's the one that's like that came out after I think in my experience everything was it the after eight mint or it was like super thin, only like the tiniest amount of that mint goo in the middle and it was dark chocolate.
Speaker 1: Oh, after eight mints in anyone, that's.
Speaker 4: Not an that's you're not thinking when Andy's Mint.
Speaker 1: No, huh, Andy's Mints.
Speaker 3: My aunt Anne, my great aunt Anne, bought those one time and me and my sister on like Thanksgiving, were left alone in the TV room and we would just started powering down Andy's Mint and I can't look at them anymore, like we made ourselves sick on me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're a little waxy, but it still is at the top of my list because I Bridger said, all mint candy to me is kind of toothpasteys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, Sandy's Mint, I think is just meant to You're meant to consume one, right, you can't go further. And after eight mint sounds like a diet. After that sounds like a diet, right.
Speaker 3: I think after eight was like for the people who are like, look, I want a mint candy, but I simply must control my calorie count.
Speaker 4: I've got to get through the workday first.
Speaker 2: After eight I used to call Andy's Mint's Smilies. I was a child, though, and I vividly remember voicing my own little commercial while breaking it in half because on if you look at the profile, there is a little green smile.
Speaker 4: Oh it's curved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of curved up on the ends. Oh, so it looks like I'm magic ales in Wonderland, cat Mouth.
Speaker 4: It feels it's like manufacturing. Wise, it would be easier to just do a straight line.
Speaker 2: Yes, why is it curled up on the ends? If you don't want little kids to think of green smiles.
Speaker 4: During you're the only person who's ever noticed that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have problem. I just I vividly remember eating a bunch of them in Coronado in a backyard with a giant tortoise that you could ride.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've been on a turtle in Coronado. You have.
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 4: Well, San Diego ish, Yes, my friend's boyfriend. I don't know how I ended up at his house in San Diego, but they had a giant tortoise in the backyard which I took a seat on.
Speaker 2: And tunnels.
Speaker 4: There were no tunnels.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I was like, who else has a tortoise heerarium in their backyard in Coronado? This was maybe I thought, did your friend buy my dad's cousin's house? I can't remember?
Speaker 3: Oh after be one of the greatest podcasting coincidences.
Speaker 1: Of all time.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine?
Speaker 1: Did you ever come to this burger King?
Speaker 4: I've been to this burger King once during the pandemic because I thought I wanted to diet coke and I don't trust the McDonald's drive through for diet coke. And we can get into that in a minute if you'd like, I would like. But I went to that burger King and for a small diet coke, I think it was four fifty.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe what was.
Speaker 2: Happening to me. I learned a long time ago the fountain drinks. It's how they get.
Speaker 4: You well for a long time McDonald's it was ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Cents well and also it literally is like two cents to make, so yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's like four dogs k. They're required to seal it to you or they lose money or yeah, you know, it's a water is more expensive soda.
Speaker 3: At this point, I need to go back to the fact that you don't like McDonald's diicke okay, because I feel like it's so reliable.
Speaker 4: I love McDonald's diet coke if you go in. But McDonald's has started to cut some corners and they're running all of the soda through one faucet at the drive through. Oh yeah, so you're getting a diet coke that tastes like sprite strawberry orange root beer is the most revolting flavor. The company should be taken down because of it, or at least just have one faucet for the diet coke and run everything else through.
Speaker 2: What so you're forced to drink a suicide your suicide?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the great like I'm Free as a child experiences. We were like, I'm here at seven to eleven. I will put all the beverages in one cup and pretend.
Speaker 1: I like it. Yeah, well everyone else pretends they like it.
Speaker 2: Later in my life, I did that with dating. I feel like that's that was always my fear. So it's one valve spigot. If you will one spigot, you will then and he's doing it, thank you. That's yeah. Of course there's going to be cross contamination.
Speaker 4: Awful?
Speaker 1: Is that a new thing that it's one?
Speaker 4: I think it's in the last probably ten years. You know. The company is probably looking for ways to increase profits or whatever. Yeah, and so there's the rare McDonald's that still doesn't do that, but this local one, and this is really revealing a lot about how I spend my time. But the local one has switched to the horrible formula as well. And so there's nowhere for me to go. Yeah, I have to go into the store.
Speaker 1: You have to go into the city.
Speaker 4: I have to go into the city. I catch it right into the city.
Speaker 1: I take the bus, go into the city.
Speaker 4: Mom has no idea where I am.
Speaker 1: I must have my drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't is fountain is supposed to be better, like do you have it on draft? Oh?
Speaker 4: Much better?
Speaker 1: Okay for real?
Speaker 3: And if you can get it in one of those red plastic cups with crushed ice.
Speaker 2: Oh, goodbye, gorgeous, goodbye.
Speaker 3: That means you're at Round Table Pizza and it's nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, red Solo cup, the cup that made Toby Keith millions.
Speaker 4: All right, Pete or he did just pass?
Speaker 1: He did?
Speaker 2: My old neighbor said, I just wanted you to know Toby passed today, and I'm like, she was a She had a limb driving service and she talked about him a lot, and we got in a weird argument about his politics. And I don't know why I ever.
Speaker 4: I thought you were in the back of her limo.
Speaker 2: I felt, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: I'm never renting this limo again.
Speaker 2: She did a few times she had a car, like when I had a show I headlined the improv and she's so sweet and had a car take me like, ah.
Speaker 1: That's very sweet until you learned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the comics made fun of me and.
Speaker 1: That she was fiscally conservative.
Speaker 2: But later I said, you know, I like a couple of its songs. One of them is that red Solo cup, and that's just the only one I could think of. I wanted to make an amends, but it is. It does. It is a cup that makes everything a little better.
Speaker 4: A little better. Maybe, Karen, you're you're very much a diet pepsi person.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I think that if you're really gonna pin me down.
Speaker 4: To it, and I am, and you should.
Speaker 3: I feel like pepsi products are sweeter diet pepsi especially so you get a little less of I think diet coke. And I think the reason a lot of people love diet coc is because it tastes like kind of liquid aspirin that's been carbonated, whereas diet pepsi feels like it's still trying to be friends with you a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that aspirin flavor they put in just because they had to put in something. When they took out the actual cocaine.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, they were like, well this'll do.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I find it's almost like diet coke is dry, and.
Speaker 4: It is dry.
Speaker 1: It's dry.
Speaker 4: Pepsi is dewey. Diet pepsi is a dewey.
Speaker 3: Drinks to the point of almost being tart, which makes me say, why don't they bring back diet pepsi with lemon?
Speaker 1: Do you remember?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Of course, caman came was like lightly flavored.
Speaker 4: They had a lime one as well. I think maybe that was diet coke with lime. But they also had diet coke with vitamins, which didn't light the market on fire.
Speaker 2: What was that called. I don't think anyone remember.
Speaker 4: It was like diet coke Life or something. Wow, it was probably on shelves for four days.
Speaker 1: Is the one that was green?
Speaker 4: Yes, I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were psychotic.
Speaker 3: That was like a that sounds like an early twenty ten situation completely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, desperate move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pan and more panicked and desperate than the crystal.
Speaker 1: Era than the crystal Pepsi era.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these firemen won't leave us alone.
Speaker 2: You get it. You couldn't find parking.
Speaker 4: The thing I like about diet Pepsi, this is the big thing for me, is that it was originally called patio and that is such a good name for anything in my own car. Imagine cracking open a patio, but.
Speaker 1: You'd be in the basement.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: That is Did it have like a little umbrella on it.
Speaker 4: Or like what were we what was the branding like for that?
Speaker 3: At least do you mind trying to see if you can find some patio graphics.
Speaker 2: Or I mean, that is amazing. It's a great name.
Speaker 4: Actually, it's an excellent name for a drink.
Speaker 2: It makes me want to have one.
Speaker 3: Did it actually make it to market or that was just like they were working through.
Speaker 4: I believe it made it to market, and I think they rebranded and watch on a least it's going to look it up, like, none of.
Speaker 1: This is true. You dreamed it.
Speaker 4: They found it.
Speaker 2: Well, there we have it.
Speaker 4: What's the bottle of patio that is for sale?
Speaker 1: Does it say the year?
Speaker 4: It's going to be like fifty years old?
Speaker 1: At least I saw we were.
Speaker 3: We went to an antique fare in Petaluma this weekend and they had a clock.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the like Cola?
Speaker 4: Oh? No, but I like that name.
Speaker 1: It was basically.
Speaker 3: I think it was the one of the first caffeine free cola's.
Speaker 1: Oh and it was called like.
Speaker 2: Like because of the Valley Girl. Oh like totally.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, like and they're just like, oh, they'll be doing ads for it all the time.
Speaker 2: It's like being lols.
Speaker 4: Called it the Wow.
Speaker 1: Like Cola. And I walked by. I was like like, Cole, are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: And there was like a mid nineties coke product that was kind of aimed at gen xers. Do you remember this that? He? I? I why do I know this so much about soda? But I feel like the art was kind of like pop art, kind of black and white, trying to look kind of edgy. It's called like hey or snappers, Hey.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 4: They have been called hey. That's my bed on the street.
Speaker 1: Look, it was called hey, look, yeah, just drink this.
Speaker 2: Hey look, you're Thursday.
Speaker 1: Stop making a big deal about it.
Speaker 2: Just drink it. At least it's not diet, right. I used to want diet right because Lee Majors, fresh off the Fall Guy, used to promote it in a cut off sweatshirt like he had just done an aerobics class. And I thought he was so cool because of the Fall Guy.
Speaker 1: And it was like he was giving you an alternate to diet coke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, diet right, yeah, diet right.
Speaker 3: Oh look, it was called okay soda, that's right, Okay, yeah, kind of like, hey, yeah, a little don't.
Speaker 4: Get your hopes, okay soda. I'm not realizing. The last time I was on this show, I think we began because I had recently received an email from the Pepsi club.
Speaker 2: Points wha, he's that funny. We've said all this right, this feels like I'm a mole for pepsi.
Speaker 1: Or it's interesting, Karen, don't you like pepsi?
Speaker 3: Go on, say it is hidden microphone.
Speaker 4: I've got two cans of pepsi in my bag for you too.
Speaker 2: Yes, that episode we talked about that we talked about the writers strike which was happening.
Speaker 4: I'm still unemployed, Craig, you.
Speaker 2: Took a writing class.
Speaker 4: How that go, Well, I'm still unemployed.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: The industry is collapsing skill wise. You're ready, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If the industry would get it shit together.
Speaker 4: If we ever make television again, I am ready to exit my house.
Speaker 2: Yea, it is so much like that that I kind of knew that would be your answer. Isn't that a sad state?
Speaker 4: Horrifying? Yeah? I know about four people with jobs right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for real, It's it's tough.
Speaker 3: Also, I think you were especially punished because when they were putting together those mini.
Speaker 1: Rooms, they're not going to hire you when you are at the level that you're at.
Speaker 4: Oh, it is impossible, Yeah you were.
Speaker 3: Bridger was high up enough where it's like before the greed flation and all the bullshit that everyone's dealing with, where no one wants anyone to have a fucking job. Bridgers had been very successful as a writer for a long time.
Speaker 1: They're the first ones to go, Yeah, because they don't have they want to pay those rates.
Speaker 3: They don't want to Wow. The higher up your level is, the more they have to pay you. So they're like, well, we'll just get a bunch of beginners and put.
Speaker 2: Them in tiny rooms. What's that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, very small room, room closet, this ship, the tiny desk concerts.
Speaker 2: Why, I mean, I like miniatures, but not for people.
Speaker 4: Enough, guy, we're baking you. Uh no, it's a it's a terrible time. But you know, maybe there will be a pivot career pivot.
Speaker 1: Sure, I think so well.
Speaker 4: I mean, God knows what you are, a podcaster. I may I just remind you, yes, thank God for the podcast world.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, it's it's totally okay for that to be your job. It's reputable. That's that's what I'm leaning on.
Speaker 4: It's a place to be until it collapses, right, and then what do we do?
Speaker 3: And then we all huddle up in the offices and we start burning furniture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be fine, We'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Have you been to the offices.
Speaker 4: I haven't, but I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm assuming we have at least our own chair.
Speaker 1: We'll see see how you act.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I get excited about having an office job.
Speaker 4: I haven't been at an office. I can't remember the last time I was in an office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we were all saying this morning, because we get we basically did like a soft open so that people didn't have to work by themselves anymore if they didn't want to. But there's like very little furniture whatever. We were just like, well, let's just open. We're done waiting.
Speaker 4: Are their kitchen snacks?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The last time I had an office job and my own desk, I also had a blanket and pillow under the desk and I would openly take little naps. Oh that sounds I would announce it. I would tell my boss I'm going to sleep for like a half hour. I'm sat in my alarm and he'd.
Speaker 1: Be like, okay, what was the job? Was this knife sales?
Speaker 2: No? No, it was a little after that.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: It was seventeen when I sold knives, but it was at Fox Sports. Oh cool, yeah, super cool. Yeah, we're all about youth culture.
Speaker 4: What were you doing for Fox Sports?
Speaker 2: Action sports comedy, panel, talk show segment producing.
Speaker 4: And sleeping?
Speaker 2: It was fun and yeah, well every once in a while, I'm like, you know what, all finished this at home?
Speaker 4: And I would I love a good floor nap.
Speaker 2: Well, I would get tired because we would when we would shoot a segment, it was during the weekend, and that was like off the clock, like you had to come with your idea finished and edited, and yeah it was. It was a non union thing. Sure, I'm the one that should be in one of these tiny rooms, is what I'm saying. I was a low level but yeah.
Speaker 3: Roger, what do you miss about working in an office environment?
Speaker 4: I mean so so little, But I do I miss the office snacks. I miss unlimited access to liquid?
Speaker 1: Right, what's your number one liquid?
Speaker 4: You know? I love? I mean I will go through so many diet cokes in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ever, but do you ever prefer diapepsi.
Speaker 4: Or you just I can always reach for a diet coke. Yeah, if a diepepsy is the only option, of course, I'll drink it. But if there's a line that will really improve the diapepsy situation for me. But then you know, you've got your lacroix. And then a lot of these offices experiment with waters that you would never purchase on your own, right, So you get to just sample things and if it's not great, you can just toss it. The corporation. I had to pay for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all write off anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I have about six cans of the worst sparkling water ever made in my fridge right now.
Speaker 1: Which one?
Speaker 4: It's the Trader Joe's Blueberry Lemon and I am not a picky person. And we'll eat I disagree, We'll eat and drink almost anything.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 4: I can't finish a can. Wow, I don't know what they're doing to this thing.
Speaker 1: But it's revolting boeberry lemon.
Speaker 2: It is a sparkling water. M Yeah, I love that stuff.
Speaker 4: I love a sparkling water.
Speaker 1: But blueberry lemon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, blueberry lems I love that. Yeah, from Trader Joe's. Yeah, wow, I really like it. Chris, Who am I talking to? I love it?
Speaker 1: It's I do wait really quickly? You tell Bridger about your coffee invention that you love so much.
Speaker 2: That took off and a lot of menus across America have adopted it and what this is? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I was present for its creation.
Speaker 1: Was that your episode?
Speaker 2: I think that we talked about it a lot back to twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: We really did love talking about it.
Speaker 4: But is it taking off? No?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sorry, I just a lot of people in solidarity of word I just learned today with me were sending me menu items that were basically a version of what I was describing, but with sugar in it.
Speaker 4: It had already been invented with lemonade.
Speaker 2: I there's a place at the bottom of my street that does a lot of boba and teas and the like, and it has a coffee tonic which is basically like sparkling water with shots of espresso and that kind of little lemon. Oh that's for fresh. Yeah, it is. What I was missing, apparently is the bubbles, because I do. I am fully addicted to that. And it's not sweet. It's barely any lemon in there. It's just essence, like a squeeze, right. Yeah, it's just it's just almost like the fragrance a rumor. Yes, it is whispering from a week ago, people talking about lemon coming to town without people saying like I hate when they're here.
Speaker 4: It's a legend passed down by generations.
Speaker 2: It was almost like the aluminum of the can overpowered the lemon.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've ever had a sparkling coffee. I would love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it's it's funny I sell everyone on it well and gets just gritting her teeth.
Speaker 3: I was just because I was sold on not any of those ideas at all. But and Arnold Palmer with coffee instead of tea right where I was like, that will never work in a million years. Then the entire Kniche rises up and says, Karen, it's so good and you know nothing, And I'm like, oh, okay, now you're describing it and the coffee part is merely a whisper.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that's something I just learned, like my evolved.
Speaker 4: Now, have either of you tried coffee and lemonade together?
Speaker 1: That's what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Yes, but have you actually tried it?
Speaker 2: Yes? And we ordered it in a drive through episode and I did. It was not great.
Speaker 4: I think I was present for this yea, unless I dreamed. I wish that's very possible.
Speaker 1: Or you listen to it and you felt like very true.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, it's probably just one of the many episodes of this podcast that you listened to.
Speaker 4: I of course was listening to the episode. And I think I think Alas tried it. Yes, I think it may have.
Speaker 1: Just as likes it. She's against me and for Chris.
Speaker 2: I just shocked. I think it was just uh Anally's was just again in solidarity with me because you felt like I was being teamed up on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, teamed up on by just me.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that we had like seven eight people college football team in the car, that.
Speaker 1: The USC linebackers were here and on my side.
Speaker 2: The podcast with break The PT cruiser in front of us has silver buckles in back. It's a pet cruiser that's trying to be a hope chest.
Speaker 4: Yes, they already look so much like a hearse.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what it is. It's like, this is a compact hearse person.
Speaker 4: This is like a hearse that you could put me in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See the buckles, they're literally it's pictures of like two silver belts on either side. Is it supposed to look like an old like a twenties car, maybe.
Speaker 4: Like a gangster's car that you know a Tommy gun would come out of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really does.
Speaker 1: That's baby Face Nelson ahead of it, so.
Speaker 4: Excited, sensible Christ.
Speaker 1: The PT Cruiser.
Speaker 3: Remember when those came out and people were like, I actually think it's cool, and I'd be like, has everyone gone insane?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I love when things come out like that, and it actually like people go. The newness makes people go.
Speaker 1: I think I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My mom was really fooled by the throwback lines on that car. She wanted one. It was really a point of contention in our house. Yeah, and I was right. It became a laughing stock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a car you drive if your name's Paula or Larry.
Speaker 3: Similar to when the Uh when the Honda Fit came out, there was another car that was also very small, and it was shit. I thought maybe I'd be able to think of it by the time I got to the end of the suns.
Speaker 4: I do know what you're talking. I can start naming compact cars if you'd.
Speaker 1: Like, starting with an f.
Speaker 2: Fiesta, Ford Fiesta.
Speaker 1: It was new though, Ford Festiva.
Speaker 4: Let's see, was it a it's.
Speaker 1: A Festiva that was a real one?
Speaker 4: Oh wait was it the Oh no, I was about to say Ford Festiva.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah it is. It is one of the first.
Speaker 3: I think that's a classic quarantine brain example of like just kind of repeating what someone else.
Speaker 1: Says and be like, did I do it? Am I talking? Am I talking? Like my friends?
Speaker 2: Am I finally at a party?
Speaker 3: Has it happening in my socializing because my friend was going to get a very small car, and she's like, I can't decide between the Fit and the this, And then I was like, it's got to be the Fit.
Speaker 1: I was like, Versa. Sorry, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's what I was trying to think of. The Nissan Versa looks exactly like a Fit. That was my vote.
Speaker 4: Oh, the Fit's a much better looking car.
Speaker 2: It's good lines. Yeah, it's really trying too hard that Versa. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Wait that man's going to go in.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you someone get hit by a train right now, especially a.
Speaker 1: Man pushing a What why would you do?
Speaker 2: Why are you doing that with a child? What a strange decision you've made.
Speaker 4: Who is the worst father in the city.
Speaker 1: He made it across though, guys.
Speaker 4: We'll look at the stupid haties wearing.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and that's not his kid.
Speaker 4: He's he's he just took that.
Speaker 2: He's just watching it for someone. He's too old to have that baby.
Speaker 4: He's like a terrible baby.
Speaker 2: You're a bad nanny, man.
Speaker 3: So today I went rist your baby's life down at the train tracks and then we went.
Speaker 1: To the park.
Speaker 2: Well, let's walk a mile in his shoes. I don't know how long he's been walking today, but maybe he could see so long down this track there's no bend in the tracks. Maybe he was like, why is this even going down? There's no train around. But from our vantage point, he's a homicidal mania.
Speaker 4: Well, and he doesn't know what speed the train is traveling. What if it's a bullet train?
Speaker 2: Right, yep, you're right. He was a lunatic.
Speaker 4: Or he gets his foot caught in the track and we have to get out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'd be first to respond, Oh.
Speaker 4: There's the train that could have taken a life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess, yeah, to slow.
Speaker 4: That conductor is furious.
Speaker 1: He's like, there's a there's a lock on it. I can't go any faster.
Speaker 2: M mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: The whole train is screaming for him.
Speaker 2: Go it's a dog. I was gonna yell at him. But it was a dog, a dog, a stroller, Yeah, it was a dog. Later he's like, maybe this will be better than youthanizer. It wasn't a baby, false alarm.
Speaker 1: Taking his dog down to the train tracks.
Speaker 2: It was a dog with hair.
Speaker 4: Toyota echo, no, wow, hello, Yeah, at least was that a natural pull or did you look.
Speaker 2: At are you image searching like vehicles?
Speaker 1: No, I was just looking up smallest Toyota models, smallest Honda.
Speaker 3: Models, yours, But imagine arguing the Fit or the Yars and I just like so hands down. Fifteen years later one I think about it all the time, like, man, I won that so good.
Speaker 4: The Fit has become a legend car. Yes, what a great introduction.
Speaker 1: The best car. That car. I swear to God.
Speaker 3: If you're like in your twenties and you're broke and you need a car that you fill up, well, I don't know. These days it's different, but I used to fill that car up with gas and not think about it for what felt like a month, truly, so the mileage was amazing. Roomy, you didn't have to do anything to it ever, No, it was kind of like a golf cart.
Speaker 1: Zippy zippy, but then roomy.
Speaker 2: And as small as it is. I will attest to safety. I was smashed in one where if if Bridger would have been in trouble, the back seat was against the front seat, but the driver and passenger seats were unaffected and the car, I mean it was totally square.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same with me when I got into my the final accident that totaled my Honda Fit.
Speaker 1: I was t boned.
Speaker 3: The guy was going fifty miles an hour and all the same. It was just all of a sudden, a loud noise and like powder in the air because the air bags went off the end I walked out.
Speaker 1: I had my arm hurt a little bit.
Speaker 3: The end nothing, and it should have been a terrible, terrible Maybe.
Speaker 2: When you make a car like that, it looks like a roller skatee. They're like, Okay, we really have to focus on safety with it.
Speaker 1: But we really have to get this roll bar going in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have since looked it up and it is way up there with the safety, up there with Volvo and better examples.
Speaker 4: I've never been in a car accident in a FIT. No, I feel now maybe I'll get into a FIT.
Speaker 2: I mean it's my next car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really recommend it.
Speaker 3: I loved it so much and the only reason I got another, the only reason I got a different car is because I had begun to actually make money.
Speaker 2: Look at those lines, sporty much.
Speaker 1: Look at her over there in the cute color.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh that's a yellow Fit colors.
Speaker 3: Anywhere in that thing. You can park anywhere. Yeah, it's great and go fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My fit was on its last legs when it was sold. The windshield was cracked, everything about it had kind of been abused. But yeah, it was still running perfectly fine.
Speaker 1: How long did you have it? Do you remember?
Speaker 4: I had it for six years?
Speaker 1: I think, well, color silver, nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine's I'm driving mine into the ground the resale. It's not worth it. I'm just and when things happen, I google and watch YouTube videos and just fix it myself. It's usually a fluid issue, spark plugs.
Speaker 4: It'll last one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll last forever, Thank you, Honda Corporation.
Speaker 2: Yes, and in the end, I forget that I have these smooth hands. Oftentimes strangers i'm and they're like, you could have been a hand model. But after I fixed my own car, I'm like, wait a minute, I'm a full grown man. How do you like that?
Speaker 1: I say, yeah, you prove your hands wrong.
Speaker 2: Yep, even though they just look like a hands of a geisha, you do have gorgeous hands. I'd look at that symmetrical the hands of a baby, I guess. I see that baby thumb though, Yeah, I got a big thumb and a little thumb.
Speaker 4: Oh are they different size?
Speaker 2: Broke that thumb and it just stopped growing. Huh when it doesn't bend, so yeah, that one bends, that one doesn't. Yeah, I broke it.
Speaker 4: Wow, how did you break it?
Speaker 2: I was skateboarding and fell and literally broke my thumb off in my ass. I landed on my hand with my ass and bent it. Yeah. Oh, in would have been better, it would have had some give. This was just all nothing but cheekbone. Yeah, and it really didn't hurt that much. I just kind of taped it to the rest of my hand and snowboarded all that it was when I was just snowboarding, didn't have insurance, and I kind of wish I had had it fixed, but you learn get it fixed.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Can you have a finger? I feel like fingers are always just like, we'll deal with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Even when I broke my hand right here, you can see where that is that he just said, well, it's already healed. That's just how it's going to be. And I've asked about this thumb and they're like, what do you want us to break your thumb and fix it? I'm like, yeah, it doesn't sound dumb coming out of your mouth. What do you want to do?
Speaker 3: What do you want medical care?
Speaker 2: What are you British?
Speaker 1: Have you ever broken a bone?
Speaker 4: No? I was about to ask you the same thing.
Speaker 1: My answer is no as well.
Speaker 4: I think you know. I can't speak for you, but I drink a lot of milk. I'm here for the dairy industry. I'm the last adult drinking milk.
Speaker 2: Wow, you are You're just like all of our dads.
Speaker 1: Do you mean, like in a glass separate from cereal?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Well, with a cookie, it's always there's no chance you find me in my kitchen just with a glass of milk. It has to be a company by something.
Speaker 2: We're talking full bodied, two percent homogenized. I'm a one percent sure you politically, I know, but we're talking about milk.
Speaker 4: I am so rich.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, the cookie is made of gold.
Speaker 1: Guys, look at that mini motorcycle game.
Speaker 4: Oh it's at least was that three of them? Yeah? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I kind of like those because there it's like a kid, and those are like lawnmower engines. Yeah, I make little mini bikes.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a cool scene, kind of fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love the Spanish word farah terrhea. What's it sense for hardware store? Oh? Wow, doesn't stand for means it's fun.
Speaker 1: That was on me.
Speaker 2: I confuse them for a karna soria, and I go, they're looking for meat. It's a beautiful name, fera teria it is. It's like a beautiful name for a baby. It's my daughter Farah.
Speaker 4: Is that what it means? I should say, I didn't just bring up that out out of nowhere. Was painted on the side of a building.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the listener is used to the most fucking random ship coming out of people's mouth. I think that might be the like the secret appeal, now that I think of it from the listener's point. Yeah, it's people having a normal conversation and suddenly I start screaming fuck you, and then it's like they then they realized someone cut me off.
Speaker 2: It's the behavior you can only get from someone in a back seat that can't see your face. Yeah, Tourettzi like blurts.
Speaker 1: I am in the front seat, though you are, but we.
Speaker 2: Don't look at each other's faces.
Speaker 1: Oh true, true, I.
Speaker 2: Haven't seen your face. And since Zoom.
Speaker 4: Hardware Store, we've all learned something yay, Karen. Have you ever had stitches?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry.
Speaker 3: When I was a baby, my mom tripped over my highchair. We both fell down. She broke her arm and I got a head injury and stitches up here.
Speaker 1: And that's my mummy's always go and that's why you're like this. When I was.
Speaker 3: Misbehaving, but not in a way where I would remember, but I remember my sister getting stitches because and I've told the story before, when she was in kindergarten, they had a pet parade and everyone brought their pet.
Speaker 1: Any kind of pets.
Speaker 3: So my sister brought our cat, Taffy loose, not on anything, just Taffy in her arms to a kindergarten classroom full of dogs and cats.
Speaker 2: Horror.
Speaker 1: And soon after.
Speaker 3: Taffy tried was like basically being barked at by a dog and tried to get the hell out of there, and scratched my sister right under her eye, just perfectly missing her actual eyeball, and she got stitches. And it was horrifying as a child to realize that anything that could happen.
Speaker 2: With stitches from a cat claw. Yeah, that is serious. She really got it in there.
Speaker 1: It was bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was a country cat where like we found her in the.
Speaker 4: Creek, right and like Colopo had mouse cuts all over it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that cat used to file their those closet night.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was intense.
Speaker 3: And then she had a scar for a long time where we were all kind of like, oh, that's pretty intense, and went away by the time she.
Speaker 1: Was like in fifth grade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they eventually go away. Yeah, all the scars, even the one on my hip, I mean it was that big. I'm like it from what I got my hip replaced. Oh, it was the most grotesque, misshapen and now you can barely see it's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: Major surgery, major surgeries.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I have had stitches twice in what spots, both from an older brother. The first he was towing me around in a laundry basket and it tilted back and my head hit the corner on a wall.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: And then the next time he was showing off for the neighbor Jeanine, and he had a piece of PVC pipe which he threw at my head and hit right the temple right next to my eye. And so that was I think it was like eight stitches, right.
Speaker 1: By my eye and a big bleeder because it.
Speaker 4: Was so much blood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, shit, are you close now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're perfectly fine. Now I've forgiven him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How many years did it take?
Speaker 4: It took decades. We're only just recently speaking. But I had stitches twice. Every one of my siblings had to have stitches. So my parents were doing something wrong. What does that say about debian Drew?
Speaker 3: I mean, but it also was kind of of the time because it was like, there's a lot of precautions that were not being taken. There's still like little baby clips under Nora's under the bathroom sink. In Nora's bathroom, We're like, if you try to go down and get a cue.
Speaker 1: Tip or something, you.
Speaker 3: Have to like fight the clip that keeps right where. It's like, we were free to go under the sink and play with comments if we want.
Speaker 4: To, Yeah, do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Go play in the river, yeah, or just ride your bike around the neighborhood all day, and no way of contacting your parents, and they didn't worry.
Speaker 4: My whole childhood was that way. Oh yeah, no helmet, no never, and.
Speaker 3: Also no training about not going into houses or accepting food.
Speaker 2: That was the big one at an era where there wasn't even DNA testing. I really thought that guy was basically leaping on the hood.
Speaker 1: I know. And also it was an there was and.
Speaker 2: We you'd get warned about a new white van every Monday, and there's kids always missing. Why I I didn't worry about it. I just rode around my neighborhood.
Speaker 4: We were told to look out for the old junkie green car. Oh only there was a man in an old junkie green car trying to get kids. Ooh, just so pumped.
Speaker 2: Yeah that they tell you I was worried about it all that.
Speaker 1: It's on you. Yeah, you look out for it. We have to leave. Bye, Good luck with the man in the green car.
Speaker 4: Eight year old children problems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's three o'clock, gotta go.
Speaker 1: Wow, so fucked up.
Speaker 2: There was a in my near both my schools, the elementary and middle school. Right in the middle, there was a the Witch Lady but oh that's what everyone called. Her house was covered with spray paint that I think she did to her own house.
Speaker 4: Street artist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, graffiti that said keep out and all this in retrospect aspect, maybe it was kids that did it, but I think she did it to her own house and did not pay for She was not hooked up to the sewer. My mom was the sewer billing clerk, so she knew and she liked this lady, but you had to pay into that system anyway. And she's like, no, I burn all of my waist in the fireplace.
Speaker 1: No, you can't burn tea.
Speaker 2: And she would, lady, because she would boil it, boiled it away to put out the ship fire.
Speaker 4: And she reduced it.
Speaker 2: She would ride a bike around town and with all this like dark makeup under her eyes and like make weird faces. But again my mom said, oh, she's a nice lady. She's just kind of different.
Speaker 4: What did this woman want from the community.
Speaker 2: I do not know. We all the kids thought that there was stories about you open her gate and she'd made your hand with a hammer, all these really specific and no, it was the dragon Lady. My sister who's six years older than me, knew about the dragon Lady. That was her name. Wow, and uh, she was just a member of our community.
Speaker 4: It was Carol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they and I Yeah, I just feel like, what if we had just been nice to her.
Speaker 3: If it was these days, she would be probably a leading content maker.
Speaker 1: Oh right right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Fascinating burning sewage online and telling you how to do it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that it's the better way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I saved so much money and I'm green yeah in the cheeks, yes, because I'm a witch.
Speaker 4: Did either of you ever have like a stranger pull up in a car and try to get you in?
Speaker 3: Well, one time at the movie theater, me and my friend Jennifer, who were just there trying to watch I believe Raiders a lost art, but it could have been another great early eighties hit, a man just came up and sat next to Jennifer ooh yikes.
Speaker 1: And we got up and left.
Speaker 3: Did not tell anyone that worked there, didn't tell our parents, kept it to ourselves, didn't talk to each other about it.
Speaker 2: Look, Jennifer, with you right, yes, should we both?
Speaker 3: She goes that man is sat down next to me. I think he actually may have tried to touch her leg or something. And we just got up and ran and they were like, should.
Speaker 1: We get ice cream?
Speaker 3: Like like there was a thing where it was like we didn't know to make a Yeah, we didn't know to be super freaked out by it.
Speaker 1: We're just like that guy was weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the eighties as opposed to who the fuck is this man?
Speaker 1: And everybody should be should have been alerted, right.
Speaker 2: I had a man pull up to it. I was like twenty three or something. I just moved to Austin. A man pulled up in a van and said, Hi, I am doing I'm a photographer and I'm doing a photo book about athletes, different types of athletes and their abs. Do you mind if you lift your shirt and let me take a picture of your app muscles? And I was like, well, I don't really have abs. I've been drinking a lot of beer. He's like, it's fine, and I lifted up my shirt and he took a picture and he said thank you, and he just kind of smiled and drove away. And then I was like, I he got me.
Speaker 4: Was at the top of the New York Times bestseller You're like, how do I get a hold of this book.
Speaker 2: I didn't get a cut of his Time Life sponsored Sports Abs book. I'm the cover boy.
Speaker 1: It's me.
Speaker 4: That's crazy wild gross apparently if you pixelate the face.
Speaker 2: But I want everyone to know if you have that book, those are.
Speaker 1: That's Chris with the non apps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no, it's more of a showcase of a deep navel. But I am pop. Yeah, that was that the backstory. I bought every word of it. Though it's a horrible story.
Speaker 4: Though why, I mean, very few people have like visible ads abbs. Just so you're taking pictures of stomachs?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah. Why is it open with an insult?
Speaker 1: No, it's with a tricky compliment.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you're like, you're right, I do, and yes, I will share them with the world.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you do. I mean, there's only one way to prove it. And I'm like, you're right, sir. I slowly rolled my shirt up. Oh it's funny, Yeah, because I was skateboarding. He's like, well, I want to see you what a skateboarders? Oh sir, Oh god, it was so funny. Clear it. I just wanted to be famous.
Speaker 1: Did you ever find the guy in the junkie green car?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: But I do feel like I'm having this memory of, truly within the last ten years, of someone trying to probably mistaking me as a teenager, trying to kidnap me. I feel like I was in a public place and like a scaryish person came up and asked if I was with my parents or something, and now I need to look through my journals because I have a very vague and it was not as a child, it was within adulthood.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great. Wow, Well again opening with a compliment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, mmm, I'm loving this. What do you have for me?
Speaker 2: Hey? Smelled skin? Are your parents around me? What item of clothing do I take off?
Speaker 4: Sir? I must have just looked frail and small enough to just swipe. But I do feel like that was a thing that actually happened to me. I don't know why I would just feel that had happened to me. That would be a strange thing to imagine, right, A lot.
Speaker 2: Of the stories I tell on here, I go home and then I'm like, oh, that was my cousin story. I just thought about it so much that I've developed visuals.
Speaker 4: I did have a prowler outside my whole.
Speaker 1: I heard about that. It freaked me out.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. This was before Jim had gotten back into town. He had been in New York. So I was at home alone and I had just gotten home from the gym, was taking out the garbage cans, very late dusk, very little light, left, and I see out of the corner of my eye, like this blur move into my neighbor's driveway, And so I went and looked up there and there was nothing there. And so I started walking up my porch and there's my house and then there's kind of like some a planter with some trees, and there's a little strip in between the two. And I looked down and there was an adult man in all black crouched there. We locked eyes, and it didn't occur to me to say anything. Other people, as I've told the story, they're like, well, what did you do? I just ran in the house and locked the door and was just shaking non stop. I called nine one one, and that, of course did nothing, And but I texted my neighbor and he investigated and the sky had vanished.
Speaker 2: Wow, but so spooky.
Speaker 4: It reminded me. Have you seen have you seen? Why am I forgetting the name now Keeper Scrapers? You know the Twin Peaks? Have you seen Twin Peaks?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you remember the Bob character?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I was an improv group called Bob's Family based on.
Speaker 4: That's what I picture now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just picture that scary, smiling.
Speaker 1: Face was he smiling?
Speaker 4: No, I mean it was so quick. It was just like a locked eyes and I'm moving into the house.
Speaker 1: But he looked at you. Why wouldn't you like have his head down? Horrifying hate him?
Speaker 2: Was he slightly smiling?
Speaker 4: I mean he must have if I'm picturing that now. Yeah, there wasn't like the maniacal look. But because I mean it was that feeling. I think it was more that feeling than what was actually happening. Just absolute horror.
Speaker 1: Yes, well and also so close, oh so close? Oh that's a I don't like the aperture.
Speaker 4: And then yes, I saw a snake that had just swallowed a lizard.
Speaker 2: To catch the fly.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: Wow, it was very odd. It look like a lizard had put on a snake costume.
Speaker 2: Wait, how it was dangling out of them out? Look at how cute she.
Speaker 1: Is the cutest little girl. And she waved at us.
Speaker 4: Oh that's so sweet. This is the opposite of what was happening at the train tracks.
Speaker 1: That mother was actively trying to keep that girl alive.
Speaker 4: Everyone was happy, no one was in a bad hat.
Speaker 3: Also, what when's the last time you saw an la child that was like hi, O.
Speaker 1: They're never like that.
Speaker 4: Usually an LA child is one of the worst people alive.
Speaker 1: Yes, hateful, hateful, stupid in their heart.
Speaker 2: I hate them.
Speaker 3: And they're wearing a Pixie shirt. You don't know what that band is.
Speaker 4: You have no idea who Frank Black is.
Speaker 2: Don't get me started on its sideband the Catholics. Yeah, that is. I So the lizard was hanging out of the snake's mouth.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to bring up this image to the listener to you, but the snake, the lizard's head was just there in the snake's mouth.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's like a comic book villain.
Speaker 4: Yes, And I assumed because I assumed that the snake had died because it was just completely still. But I left and then it was gone. So I think it was just like digesting. And again I apologize to everyone for this, but was just having lunch and it had taken on more than a could choose.
Speaker 3: A snake ate a lizard tail first, and then it turned into like snake lizard terducan essentially.
Speaker 1: Jus awful.
Speaker 3: I don't it may be one of the signs of the apocalypse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really don't like that visual, but I'm glad you.
Speaker 3: Brought it, but fun fun to think. What are some other fun visuals anyone can think of?
Speaker 4: Gory visual what's.
Speaker 3: A super disturbing but simple idea that you want to describe to us right now?
Speaker 2: I want to see a palandrome situation where a snake eats another snake head first, so it's a tail leading to one snakehead back into a tail again.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, And it says don't tread on me underneath. Yes, something like.
Speaker 2: That, celebrating whatever state that is that we'll never visit.
Speaker 4: Certainly a snake in history has swallowed another snake head first, right right? It has to Wow, we've all missed it.
Speaker 3: Did you guys see that video of the gigantic anaconda that was truly like the length of a bus and a guy who's swimming next to it, And I don't know, it could totally have been fake, because we truly live in a time where no one knows what is reel anymore.
Speaker 4: Snake was saying vote Republicans, like this wasn't an ice cube movie.
Speaker 2: There's one called love It.
Speaker 1: Saw it in the theater?
Speaker 2: Oh did you know?
Speaker 3: He absolutely did? If the movie is dumb like that? And I believe j Loo was also a star close. I'm there at the eleven AM showing on opening day for sure.
Speaker 4: But Karen, you saw a real or potentially real video of a snake like that.
Speaker 3: Potentially real. I checked on it, and people are saying it was real.
Speaker 4: It's a river monster.
Speaker 3: It was so huge, like but it was the kind of thing where everyone was having like these reactions. But the guy that was in the video, who apparently is famous in Australia, so he's kind of like an Australian I was gonna say Australian guy fiery, but they do different jobs. But he was wearing a short sleeved like business shirt and a tie underwater, So that's what people were talking about as much as this biggest anaconda you've ever seen, where it's like, is this whole thing kind of a symbol of disinformation and how we nobody can concentrate on the important part because a guy's wearing like business attire underwater with a snorkel and like.
Speaker 4: An AI prompt for businessman swimming next to the biggest snake I've ever seen, And then you get that video.
Speaker 1: Yep, for sure, I would go look at it yourself.
Speaker 2: Was it the host of the TV show River Monsters.
Speaker 3: No, it was not because he Yeah, that guy, that guy gets in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is pretty well dressed. I had to hang out with him for a day once underwater though, uh no, we shot that beforehand. I just was fishing in an La river and then met him at some sort of a terrarium and he really didn't like me. But he was well dressed. But yes, he wasn't Australian.
Speaker 1: Was it because he took his ship so seriously?
Speaker 2: Yes, And I was making light of it, and I kept saying, I'm gonna be the dumb guy in this interaction. It's a show where they forced us to do comedy even though it doesn't work with the.
Speaker 3: Program, even though you don't approve.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I'm a fan of you and we like you, and that's and it still didn't work. He looked at me with much hate.
Speaker 1: Well, Australians can be like that sometimes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't do well with a water monster when I'm in an open body of water. That's I am just dreading everything around me.
Speaker 1: Yep, anything's possible, truly, anything.
Speaker 2: It's another planet under there, under the sea. I'm afraid of everything. I tried to swim with goggles in my snorkel. When I was doing it in pools, I'm like, it's free to go to the ocean. It's blocks from my house, and it was so scary to be able to see what's happening down there. Yeah, I thought it would bring me come for like, oh, if I see a shark, I'll be ready.
Speaker 4: Would you be ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah? A little fish, a minnow would go by and I'd freak out. It was it's so hard to be able to see in the water. It's better to just pretend nothing is there.
Speaker 4: What's your number one animal fear?
Speaker 2: Oh me, I do. It sounds weird, but I've I've seen an angry moose before. Oh, I know how unpredictable and aggressive they are more so than a bear, and and huge cut, cute size, and they want to kick your ass. I think other bears, like bears, sharks, they will avoid humans unless you really are in a situation where you've surprised them. A moose will see you from across a body of water and be like, you know what, I'm gonna go dance on that guy's face.
Speaker 4: Karen, do you have what's yours? Well?
Speaker 1: I don't want to see snakes really at all.
Speaker 3: But I had a really hilarious reaction to a cockroach one time that was very big that was in my house that like it took me out at the knees, like I felt weak and like I was going to fall down.
Speaker 2: The cockroach having a little club.
Speaker 3: It was really weird though, because it was like I didn't I'd never been you know, growing up in the country or whatever. You just are like, oh, yeah, just ignore it or something. But the it's little antennae were coming out from underneath a tray on my bathroom things. So I got this weird feeling. Then I looked down, saw the antennae and then saw it was. It was like a june bug sized cockroach, and I lost it. It was like like I was kind of crying without tears coming out.
Speaker 1: It was just like it was so upsetting.
Speaker 4: Well, it starts making you wonder what you're doing with your how you're leading your life, How did this get here?
Speaker 1: Yes? Why aren't all the holes patched up in my house?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: And then one time, like say a week later, I opened the utensil door and there was one in there. Oh, so we were having some sort of infestation. But they were so much bigger than normal cockroaches that I'd seen before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so much bigger. In Texas, they fly one They're huge, and they fly across the room and they are everywhere. You could go in the fanciest restaurant, which in Texas is Ruth's Chris, and they're on the floor. It's just everyone's like, yeah, we'll deal with it. There's there's cockroaches here. But like you described, when you just see their antenna dangling out of a cupboard or a but it.
Speaker 3: Like it gives you this weird It gave me this very weird almost like it was like did we used to fight these?
Speaker 1: There was something inside me and it was like you need to get away from this right now. It was crazy. What about you bridger rats?
Speaker 4: Oh? I mean miles away from any other creature. The rat just makes me want to die really ooh horrifying.
Speaker 1: And did you ever have a rat encounters in New York?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. I opened a garbage can to have one scurry out towards me. I threw the garbage lid. That was I mean that and the prowler. Those are the two scariest experiences of my life, but I've had a rat run across my feet in la Oh, just too much for me.
Speaker 2: I was doing a show in Manhattan Beach and there was a woman in the audience with a cast on her leg, and this was very recently, and I said, how'd you break your leg? Because you know I like to do crowd work so much. She said, I was running from my car to my house and a rat ran under my foot and I broke my legs stepping on a rat. Oh why? And I was like, are you serious? And her husband yelled yes, so that happened. And I'm like, what happened to the rat? And she's like, I think it well, it was not in good.
Speaker 4: Shape, like it lippt on it like a banana peels.
Speaker 2: It ran under her foot, Like what the timing of that?
Speaker 1: And also did was it diseased? Like why didn't it stay away from her?
Speaker 4: Right? It's mind was going crazy.
Speaker 2: What about a rat? That's a pet? Like have you ever known it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Set a rat pet? And that's where this all started. First grade had escaped to live in our garage and then my brother shot it to death with a baby gun. No need tail, Wow, I did it break a ball. So at one point you liked rat There was a brief period and then it was all downhill.
Speaker 1: Then it was trauma, trauma, trauma.
Speaker 4: It was around the same time when you start to realize, like start to learn about death and that. I also learned about rabies, and those two things went hand in hand. And I was afraid of rabies and tapeworms until about seventh grade.
Speaker 2: Right, it starts to be like a germophobe thing. Right, Yeah, I hear you there.
Speaker 3: God, that's funny because I wanted a tapeworm. So but I was like around sixth grade I learned about tapeworms. I'm like, if I could just figure out a way to get what I'd be so skinny.
Speaker 2: Eat whatever you want.
Speaker 4: I want rabies.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It gives all those energy in those tiny writing rooms.
Speaker 3: Ooh, the tension, the muscles, imagine the abs you could have.
Speaker 1: This felt really short.
Speaker 4: It did feel short. It always feels too short. It really does next time. And so I keep driving, We're.
Speaker 1: Going to drive to Carl's back.
Speaker 2: You just feel in your arm.
Speaker 1: For sure, puture is not a gun that you're pressing into my skull.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's been a wonderful time.
Speaker 3: Yes, Wait a second, really quick before you go. Yes, Drew, will you tell the story of winning it Drag Bengo?
Speaker 4: Last Oh my god?
Speaker 1: We or no? Sorry? Last week and then the week? Okay, well you just tell it.
Speaker 4: I mean I've been to Drag Bngo twice in a row. It's a new tradition. First week, our friend Albertino won the big prize, fifty dollars gift card. They have several rounds of prizes and some of them are not good prizes. So you could win Mimosa party and for me that's nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's an immediate Mimosa party.
Speaker 4: Right, so in at seven pm? What are we talking about? Nobody wants that she won the fifty dollars prize. First week. Second week, there were a few less of us. It was just Jim and a friend and me. We made it all the way through without winning anything, and then I win the grand prize. I lost my mind?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 4: I've never felt better?
Speaker 3: What was your first when you screamed Bengo? So you got blackout Bengo?
Speaker 2: Last round?
Speaker 3: Yes, and we're using the only one because when Albertina won, she was one of.
Speaker 2: Four people right.
Speaker 4: She tied, so hers was a little more satisfying because she had to win another she had to really go through it, right. But I had a nice, clean kill. Nice I was the only person to win.
Speaker 1: Did you stand up?
Speaker 4: Did you threw my arms up.
Speaker 1: In the air?
Speaker 4: I yelled, and I'm not a yeller, but in that moment, I was a different person and I won the prize. But you also feel that heat of the rest of the restaurant hating you, Yeah, because they all are now mad that they didn't win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I felt it when I did bingo at the Halloway all the time. I would be really upset when someone would win more than once. It's like, well, this is rigged, or they bought a bunch of cards because you could buy.
Speaker 4: Ten if you want, you can buy as well as you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, there's got to be a cap on it. And that goes for trivia teams with fifteen members. That's a good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't have the whole neighborhood on your trivia.
Speaker 2: No, God, what did you win?
Speaker 4: Fifty dollars? Oh that yeah, I paid for most of our dinner. So good, that's true, wonderful.
Speaker 3: I felt really bad because the week that Albertina won, she she had a fifty dollars gift card and she was like, hey, dinner's on me, and I go, well, there's going to be some left over. It just came out of my mouth. I don't know why I said it. I felt so She was like, I know, sorry, I don't know where that came from.
Speaker 1: Dinner's not on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't want to leave with the credit of thinking she fully had paid for it.
Speaker 1: Don't you dare steal that credit?
Speaker 4: Albert Yeah, but I'm going to try to win again this week.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I want to become kind of a menace. You should like, people get mad when you win, exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they see me walking in and their night is already ruined.
Speaker 3: I start with a leather jacket, yeah, and spit on the floor when you walk in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well this was delightful.
Speaker 1: Before we wrap.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think has something that he would.
Speaker 2: Like to promote, Oh, Frederia, anything, anything, idea?
Speaker 4: The reason, I mean, the reason I'm here is to have a wonderful time. But do you mind if I promote something?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 4: I never promote anything for finally doing a live show. If I said no gifts June twenty sixth at Dynasty Typewriter. Okay, I think by that by the time this comes out, we'll have announced it. Otherwise this will be a real scoop for this podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, breaking news.
Speaker 4: I don't want to drive listeners to your show. What God, Now I'm increasing your listenership. Yeah, people are running all over to hear this June twenty sixth. If you go to Dynasty typewriter dot com to get tickets and a live stream, which is so twenty.
Speaker 1: First century, really is if you really think about it, do you have any idea who your guests might be a teaser?
Speaker 4: You have no idea. It's still we're still so far out. We haven't booked anybody, but it'll be a very special one, maybe two, and then some some surprise guests. And I've been given a lot of gifts on this podcast, so you know I might be bringing some those.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great.
Speaker 4: You know, I've got to clear out my house although my garage is currently unopenable.
Speaker 1: Because there's so many gifts in there.
Speaker 4: It's broken and we just haven't done anything to fix it. So I've got to get that open by June twenty sixth, but yes, come see the live show.
Speaker 3: I was really excited to listen to Kyle Kanane give you the same gift I gave you.
Speaker 1: Can you believe I love that?
Speaker 4: I mean, what an incredible gift to get twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bridger has owned two different stars in the galaxy because of me and Kyle Kanaane, both with double K initials.
Speaker 4: That's right. I didn't even wow. Now that's very strange.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are of one mind.
Speaker 2: This was meant to wow. Yeah, and that's how did you find that out?
Speaker 1: I listened to I said, no gifts.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, religiously, I probably own the most real estate in the galaxy.
Speaker 1: You're the Donald Trump of the galaxy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even Elon only has one. I had to think of one, must too, and it's just one.
Speaker 1: You know there, you really did.
Speaker 4: But thank you for having me. Yeah, you're the best. And I apologize to the listener for being on the show so often. I'm sure they're furious.
Speaker 2: I think you might be our most visited guest.
Speaker 1: We need you and we want turn to listen to my bingo night.
Speaker 2: Who's a guy in the leather jackets? Don't stop spitting?
Speaker 1: Stop spitting in the car well drink Pepsi.
Speaker 4: Don't forget Pepsi product.
Speaker 2: I'll see everyone soon, okay, and we you you, we will. Bye. You've been listening. What a nice man?
Speaker 1: He's all right.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to Do you need a ride?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 2: Why in? They are? This has been an Exactly Right.
Speaker 1: Production produced by Annalise Nelson.
Speaker 2: Mixed by Edson Choy.
Speaker 1: Our talent booker is Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 2: Theme song by Karen Kilgarret.
Speaker 1: Artwork by Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 3: Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar podcast That's d y nar Podcast.
Speaker 2: For more information, go to Exactlyrightmedia dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Oh You're welcome