Speaker 1: Hey, this is Stephen Ferdick.
Speaker 2: I'm the pastor of Elevation Church and this is our podcast. I wanted to thank you for joining us today. Hope this inspires you. Hope it builds your faith. Hope it gives your perspective to see God is moving.
Speaker 3: In your life.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the message.
Speaker 3: I was looking back on the sermons that I preached to you this year, just really trying to put in context what the Lord has spoken and remember some of the things that he shared with us. And it was just powerful for me to remember the times that we've shared together in his presence.
Speaker 1: I did a series called Cold, I did a series called That's What I Thought. I did a series called same Lies, New Loops. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I already forgot that one, And yeah, that's what you think about that?
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: Indeed, that must mean the Lord wanted to send you a score update.
Speaker 1: To let you know that no matter.
Speaker 3: How far down you are in the fourth quarter of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Touch somebody and say I feel a comeback. Come on, it's the last quarter of the year. But God can do anything. Look at your neighbors, say da da da da da da. Sometimes you gotta tell the devil Da da da.
Speaker 3: Da Philippians, chapter three, verse ten. Thank you to all of our campus pastors who preached so beautifully last week.
Speaker 1: Thank you for leading, thank you for shepherd, and thank you.
Speaker 3: For sharing for the people of God. Making sure you're still standing. It's good for your circulation. Philippians, chapter three, verse ten. I can't speak for you, but I.
Speaker 1: Want to know Christ. I do.
Speaker 3: I want to know Christ, yes to the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so somehow love that word. It means I'm more focused on the person than the plan. I want to know Christ so that somehow, however, he chooses to do it. And that's what we're going to talk about today, by the way, So somehow I can attain to the resurrection from the dead. Now this part is important, not that I've already obtained all this.
Speaker 1: Or have already arrived at my goal. Wearn't your neighbor, I'm not there yet, Yeah, tell him? I might. I might. I might cuss you out leaving the parking.
Speaker 3: Lot today if the Lord doesn't do a work because I'm not there yet.
Speaker 1: I don't want to. But as possible.
Speaker 3: If the traffic's real bad, if you drive stupid, all right, focus, I should read the whole verse again.
Speaker 1: I messed it up.
Speaker 3: Not that I have already obtained all this or have already arrived at my goal. But I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Beautiful brothers and sisters. I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do. Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Speaker 1: Give the Lord praise for his word. Now. Exodus chapter number thirteen for our Old Testament demonstration.
Speaker 3: Exodus chapter thirteen, verse seventeen says this, when Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter, for God said, if they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt.
Speaker 1: So God led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea.
Speaker 3: The Israelites went up out of Egypt ready for battle.
Speaker 1: Now, I want you to sit down in this order.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you are at one of our physical locations today. Play along. If you're online, just raise your hand in the chat or something like that. If everything went the way you planned it this year, and you are exactly where you intended to be in every area of your life at the end of this year. When you started the year, you planned it, and right now.
Speaker 1: You possess it. You may be seated.
Speaker 3: Because we want to look at who to hire to be our therapist or our coach or pray for because.
Speaker 1: You're a liar, but everybody else that had a plan A and then a plan B.
Speaker 3: I want you to look at your neighbor and tell them my title, because I think.
Speaker 1: The whole church is still standing.
Speaker 3: Tell him this must be my plan.
Speaker 1: See. Hey, you may be seated. Plan see.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm calling the message, Chris, this must be my plan see, and we'll talk a little bit about what that means in just a moment. There was an apocalyptic fog in the air as we drove to church today. Abby and I were driving into church and I looked at her and said, this is kind of freaky.
Speaker 1: She said, I know, but it's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: We were listening to a song that we just recorded you don't have it yet, you will soon.
Speaker 1: It's called so be It.
Speaker 3: And as I was saying this to her, the voice of the lead vocalist on our song called so be It said, like a thief in the night, he'll returned for his bride. Even so, Jesus come, Jesus come, split the skies.
Speaker 1: So be it God.
Speaker 3: And I looked at Abby and said, wouldn't it be wild if while we're listening into that, Jesus just came back on. It's like six in the morning. She's rolling her eyes at me and stuff. But I looked at her. I'm just messing with her. I said, would you be ready? And she said, uh, not really, I've got some work to do.
Speaker 1: Just keeping it honest. Like I wouldn't want him to come exactly right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on in young Abbey's life that she needs to repent of.
Speaker 1: Y'all pray for her as well. When the Israelites left Egypt, the Bible us.
Speaker 3: As an interesting phrase, and I call your attention to it once again as we bring these two amazing, amazing scriptures together today. One is located out of four hundred years of slavery, where God set his people free, and one is located in a prison cell where an apostle is being held captive for his obedience to God.
Speaker 1: Let me set this up, Okay.
Speaker 3: The richness of it is the second scripture I read you, they're coming out of captivity, and the first sure I read you, he is still in captivity. But I think there is a thread that will help us evaluate where we are, where we wanted to be, the plan we had, and what God actually did while we were making our plans, which was laugh. The Egyptians had held God's people captive to the point that they cried out to God.
Speaker 1: And I want to speak this sermon in three different stages today.
Speaker 3: One I want to talk about the crying, the crying, and then I want to talk about the crossing, the crossing.
Speaker 1: Why aren't you writing down the points? What if there's a pop quiz on this?
Speaker 3: What if the devil tries to beat you up next week and you need to go back and refer to this, write it down. The crying, the crossing, and then the covering. Those three things that I want to talk to you about today. They cried out to go Godd, it says in Exodus chapter three, verse seven.
Speaker 1: This is not for the screen, but just listen to it real quick.
Speaker 3: When the Lord appeared to Moses, he said, I've come down because I'm concerned about my people. I have seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out. I have devices all over my house that listen to me. I know they listen to me because I talk about a restaurant and it shows up on my phone without being typed in. I'm thankful that the Lord listens to me as well, and that he puts things in my path in response to the prayers that I pray. Have you ever noticed that God will put something in your path in response to the prayer that you prayed.
Speaker 1: God won't always pick you up and carry you where you need to go, but he'll put something in your path. I believe for somebody right now.
Speaker 3: God put this message in your algorithm because he's putting something in your path. You almost tripped over this video, didn't you. You didn't even want to see a forty five year old middle aged man in a black hoodie with a Bible open.
Speaker 1: You were looking for something much more entertaining.
Speaker 3: But God puts something in your path because he knows about the things that you're going through, and he wanted you to accidentally trip over this video.
Speaker 1: It's not the algorithm. It's the anointing of the.
Speaker 3: God who loves you so much and called you from an early age that he would put this message in your path at this time.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's not an accident.
Speaker 3: Don't switch it off, don't mute it, don't scroll past it, don't fast forward till I really start going good. I'm going right now to tell you that often God will answer your prayer by putting something in your path, and we praise him when he does. We praise him when he does. We praise him when he does. Now, it's not luck. It was the Lord. The Lord put that in my path. It wasn't happenstance. It wasn't coincidence. Stop blaming coincidence for God's work. You see what I'm saying. When you call it coincidence, you diminish the divine.
Speaker 1: It was God that put it in your path.
Speaker 3: God puts things in our path in response to our prayers. We are not aware of the things that He puts in our path, and answer to our prayers, we will trip right over what he put in front of us, trying to get to what we think we wanted. I said, you can trip right in front of what God put Well, I said that wrong. You can trip over what God put right in front of you, trying to get where you think you need to be, or trying to get to what you think you want it. Paul said, I want to know Christ. I'm clear about the outcome. I want to draw closer to him. If I have to suffer to get to know him. I would rather suffer and know him than succeed and forget him. I would rather go through something hard and have him than to be far from him and everybody else think my life is wonderful. I would rather have Christ. I would rather have him. I don't want to miss him on the way to it. And it's so important that you understand whatever you're going through in your life that God hears your Christ.
Speaker 1: What do we mean when we say that, Well, let me break it down for you.
Speaker 3: And I can't exactly explain this to you, but when I describe it, the Holy Spirit will.
Speaker 1: Help you to know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Sometimes God answers your prayer by putting something in your path that looks like what you prayed for that happens. But today I want to talk with you for a little bit about when God sends a problem in answer to a prayer. Sometimes God will send a problem in answer to a prayer.
Speaker 1: The example that I'm thinking about in my.
Speaker 3: Life right now is too personal to share with you, But I just recently prayed about something and then a problem arose and I didn't see the connection between the two at the time, but the Lord didn't showed me. You know, that problem that you are now praying for me to remove from your life. That problem that you're praying for me to remove, I sent to answer the last prayer you prayed.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is clear or not. It's like I asked God.
Speaker 3: To do something in my life and then something happened that did not resemble what I asked God to do, and so I'm like, oh God, I got to get rid of this problem, so you can answer this prayer. Right I'm praying about this, here comes the problem. I'm like, oh, God, take this problem out and answer the prayer. And the Lord's like, I just did, but I did it different. I did it different, and so now the answer doesn't resemble the prayer. So you are too blind to see that the thing that you're continuing to pray for me to take away is the thing that I sent to answer the prayer that you were praying to begin with. I know it's not very clear. Let me try to make it clear from the Bible. In Exodus chapter thirteen, God's people are coming out of Egyptian slavery. God answered their prayer. He sent Moses to get them out of slavery. But they're not just concerned with coming out of Egypt, because where will they go from Egypt.
Speaker 1: I have to have somewhere to live. I have to have some type of soil to cultivate.
Speaker 3: I have to have some type of agriculture by which.
Speaker 1: I can partner with the earth so that our babies can eat.
Speaker 3: I have to have some kind of formation. I have to have some sort of government. And God is always taking you out of something, bringing you into something, taking you out of something, bringing you into something, taking you out of something, and bringing you into something. And the Bible says something very powerful in Exodus chapter thirteen, verse seventeen, when Pharaoh let the people go. What's interesting about that God knew that although Pharaoh had let his people go with just ten plagues.
Speaker 1: His people had still not let Pharaoh go.
Speaker 3: In an amazing that it only took God ten plagues.
Speaker 1: I know that's a lot, but it's only ten.
Speaker 3: It only took God ten plagues to get Pharaoh to let his people go. Now, Pharaoh didn't let them go quickly. The enemy will never let you go quickly, not if you're gifted. Why would he Why would he let you go quickly? Why would he release his grip on you? Why would he allow you to forgive without feeling bitterness? Why would he give up your services? Why would he let you go easily? He knows what you're capable of, if you ever get liberated.
Speaker 1: Why would he let you go?
Speaker 3: Come on, somebody in New York shout, The reason the devil is squeezing you is because there's something he sees in you that if you ever get free, if you ever get loose, if you ever shake this off, if you ever.
Speaker 4: Get out of here, if I ever get out of this place, if I ever get out of this mindset, I'm gonna do something for God. Somebody shout, God has something for me. God's got something for you.
Speaker 3: That's what the attack means that's what the enemy is fighting you over.
Speaker 1: God's got something for you. And isn't it.
Speaker 3: Amazing that although it only took ten plagues for God to get Pharaoh to let his people go, it took forty years of wilderness wandering for God to get his people to let Pharaoh go. Relief is easy. Freedom is a process I felt annointed to teach today. Let's don't worry about all three points. Let's just talk about crying real quick. What if you are crying about something that God is using, that God is trying to use.
Speaker 1: What if you are crying.
Speaker 3: About something right now and the Lord is saying, those who's so in tears will reap with joy. See you think those tears are wasted, They're not wasted their water They are watering a harvest that you can't see right now. So some of you, God puts something in your life. It's a great challenge. It's a terrible situation. It's a horrible situation. It's about as bad as being at a red sea.
Speaker 1: Look at this scripture. The Bible says God could have taken them a short way, but he didn't. And this is really the challenge.
Speaker 3: Right when God could but he doesn't look at the scripture again. He led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea. The Israelites went up out of Egypt ready for battle.
Speaker 1: So now I'm confused. Work with me.
Speaker 3: If they were ready for battle eighteen, then why in verse seventeen say does God say if they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt. God is the only one who really knows when you're ready. Wow. God is the only one who really knows what's in you. So God is the only one who can fully determine what to take you through and win because He's the only one who knows what's really in you. There is a powerful thing that happens when I begin to decide in my life that God has me where he wants me, even if it was caused by an attack of the enemy.
Speaker 1: God has me where he wants me.
Speaker 3: Now, what would it look like if, at the end of this year, because I'm trying to help you, as you reflect and as you expect and as you accept and you do all the things that we have to do at this time of the year, what would it look like for you to have the kind of empathy for yourself and trust in God to realize that even if it's taking you a little little longer than you expected it to take you, watch this. You're still going to get there. Tell your neighbor You're still going to get there. Maybe that's what we'll call the message when we put it online. Because I know you're running a little late. I know you got a little bit of a limp. I know you're not looking as fresh as you were when you started out the journey. I know it's not exactly the right time. But you're still gonna get there. Tell them again and say it with faith. You're still going to get there. You're still gonna get there. And it might have some detours along the way, and it might have some disappointments along the way, and you might not get there with who you thought was going to be. Not everybody that started on the road trip is going to be in the car when you pull up. But you're still going to get there. You understand what I'm saying. You might not get through it all unscathed and unscarred.
Speaker 1: You might have to show a few of your wound us.
Speaker 3: And your scars along the way to encourage somebody else. But You're still going to get there. The tears will not stop you. The trials will not stop you. The trauma will not stop you. The traffic will.
Speaker 1: Not stop you.
Speaker 3: It will not stop you. Your boss will not stop you. The economy will not stop you. The weather will not stop you.
Speaker 4: That's why I like a day where the fog is out, because there was somebody who got up and saw the weather was bad, and Charlotte but said, I still gotta get there. And I'm looking for a few rough riders in the house today who say, come hell or high water, come wind, come rain, come storm, come set back, come difficulty, come depression. Now shove your neighbor and testify.
Speaker 1: Say I'm still gonna get there. I'm still gonna get there.
Speaker 3: Don't cancel my reservation. I'm still gonna get there. Don't give my ticket away. I'm still gonna get there. Don't give away my seat.
Speaker 1: At the table. I'm still gonna get there. I'm not gonna be on the fast bus, but I'm still gonna get there.
Speaker 3: I'm not the valedictorian, but I intend to grant away.
Speaker 4: I'm still gonna get there.
Speaker 3: I might not do it like she did it, but I'm still.
Speaker 1: Gonna get there.
Speaker 4: I might not have the right shoes on, but I'm still gonna get there.
Speaker 1: I might have a story.
Speaker 4: To tell, but I've tell my story how I've overcome.
Speaker 3: High five three people say, just get there, Just get there, Just get there, Just get there.
Speaker 4: Wipe your deers and drive, wipe your deers and walk, wipe your tears and lift your hands.
Speaker 1: I'm still gonna get there.
Speaker 4: I would have despair had I not.
Speaker 3: Believe that, I would see.
Speaker 1: What shi of the Lord?
Speaker 3: So, Moses, why are we going this way? Can't we go the straight way? And see there's a difference between the straight way and the right way.
Speaker 1: This is plan A.
Speaker 3: This is plan A, and this is plan B. This is plan C.
Speaker 5: Watch me.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 1: Tell your neighbor. This might be your Plan C. Plan C is like this.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's where they were Egypt, right, here's where they were going Canaan.
Speaker 1: That's plan A. And then plan B is go back. That's what B stands for. We're going back to Egypt. This is Plan C. Plan C doesn't make any sense. Plan C.
Speaker 3: Is wait a minute, we're going around in a circle.
Speaker 1: Why are you taking us this way? Moses?
Speaker 6: Moses must be bad with a map, sometimes the mission doesn't look like the map.
Speaker 1: Now this is so true for your life. I need you to know that you're still gonna get there. Say it.
Speaker 3: I'm still gonna get there. I'm still gonna get there. Graham came to me this weekend. He said, something horrible happened. We had the speaker lined up to speak Sunday night at the living room and they.
Speaker 6: Can't speak now. And so what do I do? I said, Oh, it's time for plan.
Speaker 1: See. Plan see is cry out to the Lord.
Speaker 3: And then cram and then cram the message as fast as you can, because this is plan see. I know it's nice when you get to prepare Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, but this is Friday and you got to speak Sunday.
Speaker 1: So this is plan. This is when you thought you were going.
Speaker 3: To have a week off, But this is when you thought you were going to retire at age sixty two, but you got to refire.
Speaker 1: Now this is plan See. I'm preaching to somebody.
Speaker 3: I'm setting somebody free just to see this plan see. This is when it could have happened that fast, and you wanted to go back, but God won't let you go back, but you can't go forward, and God's taken you on plan see back in rehab, plan see back in recovery.
Speaker 1: Plan see sending the children to their mother's house.
Speaker 3: On the weekends. You didn't plan that getting married. This is plan see. This is plan see. I didn't want to lose my virginity, but I did.
Speaker 1: And now I'm.
Speaker 3: Asking God, can he help me move past this in a new way.
Speaker 1: This is plan see.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't mean that God left you. It just means he's leading me differently.
Speaker 1: This is plan.
Speaker 3: Ough. Ough, I feel the testimony's coming back to me even as I preach the word, it's just going to be one.
Speaker 1: Of those words where the reapers overtake the solers.
Speaker 3: Means, by the time I can even release this word into your heart, you are going to see. What God is saying to you is that you thought you were going here and then you wanted to go back. And it's not Plan A, and it's not Plan B. It's going to be Plan C. Because there is something that God knows about me that he finds it necessary for this stage of my life to take me not like this and not like this, but like this and I'm still gonna get there, but I'm gonna get there in a circular route. And I write this down. Not every circle is a sin. Not every circle is a sin. The Israelites spent forty years in the wilderness because they would not believe.
Speaker 1: But before they spent forty years.
Speaker 3: Because of their unbelief, God took them on a two week detour because of his mercy. He knew there's something I need to do in you. So I'm just trying to see will you let go of Plan A and will you refuse Plan B so you can see what God wants to do in your life.
Speaker 1: I could go home right now, but we can keep going if you want to.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the crossing. We talked about the crying. Let's talk about the crossing. Who should I use for this illustration? Volunteer yourself if you if you dare somebody that now you don't have to do this. So put your hand down and I'm going to ask you this question. Somebody, do it if you want to do it, if you feel called to do it, if you feel led to do it.
Speaker 1: You do not have to expose yourself. I wouldn't, but just if Christmas is going to be tight for you this year.
Speaker 3: And you want to use as a volunteer, and you want me to use here, we're gonna do this.
Speaker 1: You're committee. You don't know what I'm gonna do. So whatever I want to do for this illustration, you'll do it. Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: You have to do exactly what I say, nothing more, nothing less. You committed to the illustration.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Put your hand out, yeah, open like that. Can we see this on.
Speaker 3: The cameras everybody, Let's get our optimal camera angle so this illustrate and put them up a litt higher, little higher, lit higher, Yeah, right there. Now I prayed about whether to do this. You know what I'm about to do. Anybody else want to volunteer. I'm gonna just show this real quick. It's gonna be very simple. If I give you this and it says ten, and you take it and.
Speaker 1: Then you squeeze it, I mean ball it up and squeeze it.
Speaker 3: Squeeze the other hand to just to complete the illustration, and squeeze it. Squeeze the thumb in there, to the thumb. Put the thumb where you can't get to it for the sake of the illustration. There we go and she squeezes it so tight, squeeze it so tight till it hurts.
Speaker 1: And then I have one of these and I say, okay, I would like to give you this too. No no, no, no, no no no, put the thumb and lamb.
Speaker 3: But what you instinctively did is what you would have to do. You would have to release to receive right now, ball it up. And this is what we do. This is what we do. We get real tight when.
Speaker 1: God gives us something.
Speaker 3: Right, But what if God wants to give you something else?
Speaker 4: You're like, I knew he was a prosperity preacher. It's a metaphor, it's an analogy. This is my own personal money. I'm giving it away. I'm not asking her for money. I'm trying to give her something. But if I'm trying to give.
Speaker 3: Her something and her grip on what I just gave her is too tight.
Speaker 1: I I can try to give her something. No no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: You're creative.
Speaker 1: Don't mess up my illustration. Now you can receive when you release, release, ball.
Speaker 3: It up, ball it up, ball it up, till when you hand it to somebody, they wonder what has she been through?
Speaker 1: What? What happened, ball it up.
Speaker 3: But if you hold it too tight, there may be more that God wants to give you, but he can't.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, I hear I heard like this. God said, I can't fill your fists. You want one, you want one? Come on, do it real quick. I got plenty of this as long as you've got open hands on Now. It's getting really good, y'all. It's getting better and better and better.
Speaker 3: But but if she she wants to hold on to what that was, she can't get what this is.
Speaker 1: And this is a but watch what she did because she has learned by now.
Speaker 3: That this person standing in front of me is a giver, not a taker.
Speaker 4: When you learn that about God, it's just absolutely amazing.
Speaker 3: Because God's like, if you'll open your hands, come on, opening all the way up, and keep your hands open, and keep your heart open, and keep your mind open.
Speaker 1: And keep your.
Speaker 3: Spirit open, and keep your faith high and keep your hope. I will never stop meeting your needs.
Speaker 1: God sees you.
Speaker 3: God sees you season, he sees me, He sees me empty handed, he sees me broken hearted, he sees me crying at night.
Speaker 1: He sees me, and he holds me. Did you notice now listen, you gotta get through this so I can appreciate this next point.
Speaker 3: Did you notice that Paul said, I'm striving to take hold of that.
Speaker 1: For which Jesus already took hold of me. That means that I don't have to grab it because God grabed me. Man, y'all give her a hand. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: Everybody, hugger quick, everybody in that section. I'm gonna give her a hug too. Hey, thank you for helping me preach. Thank you for helping.
Speaker 1: Me show that the secret in this season of your life. Hey, it's not this, that's this. Is this.
Speaker 3: Because you raised your hand, God filled it.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love the Lord. He heard my crawl. He pitied every girl.
Speaker 3: And not only did he lead them through the desert, but he led them through the water. That's the crossing, the crossing. Why is God taking me through this? Why is God letting it be like this? Why is God allowing this season in my life? It's the crossing. It's the crossing because God knew they were too weak for war, so he led them to water. He knew they were too weak for war, so he led them to water. God knew that even though Pharaoh had temporarily let them go.
Speaker 1: He was coming back to get them.
Speaker 3: For the Bible says that no sooner had they got to that place at the Red Sea, than the chariots of Pharaoh begin to click clack behind them. And as those chariots begin to make their sound and the engines of the enemy began to rev the Bible says in Exodus fourteen fifteen that they cried.
Speaker 1: Out to the.
Speaker 4: Lord and to Moses, why did you bring us out here to die?
Speaker 1: No, we're going across this water.
Speaker 3: We're going across this water because what is against you is more than what's with you. And if you fight this enemy hand to hand, you will die. But God knew something very strategic. Now watch this.
Speaker 1: This is another reason that I love God is.
Speaker 3: Because for God, this is the strategic route, even if it's not the short route. And so they're standing in a red sea, and this is where it all comes together.
Speaker 1: For me. The red Sea is a problem.
Speaker 3: But they are praying a prayer, so God leads them to a problem in answer to a prayer.
Speaker 1: Is this the best sermon?
Speaker 4: I ap precaw year or am I just capfeinated?
Speaker 1: So I be like God? Take me around this. What am I gonna do with a sea?
Speaker 3: And God says, oh, you'll see.
Speaker 4: Because I didn't bring you out here because I'm done with you. I brought you out here to deal with your enemies and.
Speaker 1: To drown them in this. See.
Speaker 4: This is my plan.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: And the Egyptians you see today, you will see them no more.
Speaker 1: But you got to let go now, You've got to.
Speaker 3: Let go of what you were holding on to. Paul said, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Forget about Paul forgetting what is behind me and reaching toward what's ahead. I press toward the mark for the prize of the High Calling of God. In Christ, Jesus and Paul wrote about the prize from a prison, which goes to show me God's got me right where.
Speaker 1: He and I'm still gonna get there. Well, y'all used up all your shout, or you will be shouting about.
Speaker 4: This red sea in front of you. You would be shouting about your problem.
Speaker 3: If you knew the nature of your God, it's that he leads us to impossible situations. He leads us to the deep end so that we might learn to depend on him.
Speaker 4: He leads us to the water because he knows we're not ready for war. So God sees what you're fighting against. God sees what you're up against. God sees you're outnumbered for it. God sees you're too young to do it. God sees you're too old to carry it.
Speaker 1: God sees you're too small to do it. God sees you're not smart enough to know it.
Speaker 3: And he says, I have a seed to deal with that, if you will move forward in faith. The presence of the Lord is in this place. The presence of the Lord is in this place. The spirit of God is in this place.
Speaker 1: And it's the most amazing thing.
Speaker 3: Man. If you never read the story, the Bible says that they crossed through on dry ground and their enemies didn't. There's going to be some things you look back on at the end of this year that tried to kill you. But what you didn't understand about what you were going through in your situation.
Speaker 1: That wasn't your Plan A, and it wasn't Plan B. It was Plan See, it was a crossing.
Speaker 3: After all, none of the disciples signed up to follow Jesus to death.
Speaker 1: Wow, none of them signed up for a cross Well he did.
Speaker 3: He said, if there's any other way, Plan B, take this cup from me, but he went to the cross and he died.
Speaker 1: Why it was his plan?
Speaker 3: See, Paul said, I want to know Christ.
Speaker 1: That's my plan.
Speaker 3: See hey, all of y'all that are praying about stuff, you can't control time to go to plans.
Speaker 1: See God, I can't control this. You can. I want to know you. I want to know you. I want to know you more than I want to get her number. I want to know you more than I want them to follow me back. I want to know you more than I want to like on this close. I want to know you. What good is knowing what college to go to? If you don't take Christ with you when you get there. I want to know you. God brought you to this water. Devil can't drown you in a crossing that God brought you to.
Speaker 4: Paul said, even if I have to suffer, even if I have to stay in this cell, this is not.
Speaker 1: Where I'm meant to be.
Speaker 3: And one thing the text shows us is that whether you are in captivity or whether you're headed toward freedom, God.
Speaker 1: Is with you on this plan. See somebody, stop planning.
Speaker 3: See just all over your life this year, things you don't understand.
Speaker 1: Just boom boom, don't. God's not done.
Speaker 3: It's a plan c when when he does his see with your see is going to all come full circle and you are going to understand the goodness of God at a level that you.
Speaker 1: Have never known before.
Speaker 3: Right, just crying, and there's crossing, and there's covering, there's covering. Stand up, I'm done. As they went through the sea, the Bible says that Moses had one job to do, and if he did this job, God would handle every part of the battle that he could not handle.
Speaker 1: And it's pretty simple, but it's kind of hard to do sometimes.
Speaker 3: In Exitus chapter fourteen, as the people are standing in front of a red sea, up against battles that they're not ready to fight, surrounded by enemies that they are not strong enough to subdue, you feel like that. I'm gonna stop my sermon for a minute. If you feel like that, watch what Moses did because he thought the Lord was just going to do something. This is so funny in the Bible sometimes there's little jokes, but you just you think the Bible's boring, so you don't get them. Moses gives a speech to the people. He says verse fourteen Exitus fourteen, the Lord will fight for you.
Speaker 1: You need only to be still. Then the Lord said to Moses, why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on.
Speaker 3: Crying is no substitute for cross. You can stand there and cry and get killed, or you can move forward in the season with what you have because play LJ. The Lord said, why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on? Raise your staff and stretch out your hand. So the Lord says that the key to this is going to be what Paul said in Philippians chapter three, that I am letting go of what's behind me and letting God deal with that, and I'm reaching toward what's ahead of me.
Speaker 5: And if you will do this, God will do that.
Speaker 3: And the Bible says that they had to go through some raging waters in UF two. You know, let's just rejoice for a moment in our hearts. You don't have to clap or shout or nothing like that. Just in your own heart kind of tell the Lord Lake, I know it's amazing what you brought me through. See, because nobody else really knows what it cost you to get here. Nobody knows what it cost you nobody knows what you cried. Nobody really knows how much you're having to let go of. Look, there are people in this room today who are having to unlearn their entire upbringing to follow Christ. They were not raised in a Christian family, they were not shown how to read the Bible, they were not taught about Jesus.
Speaker 1: And God has brought you this far. So as we thank God for that and what you've been through. I mean, if you.
Speaker 3: Really just would think about it for one split second of your life, the fear of what's next would look much smaller in the context of all you've been through already.
Speaker 4: I mean, the devil missed his window to take you out because there had been some things that you have been through that were much bigger than this.
Speaker 1: And as they walk through the waters, I love to.
Speaker 3: Get a picture of it man, because at this point they've basically already given up faith in their leader because he's taken them the long way. But God was leading them through him, and they have no idea what's going to happen next, only that this man is holding up a stick in front of a sea. So if you feel like that today, I need you to know that God has you covered. The Bible says in verse sixteen, raiz your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water, so that the Israelites can go through on dry ground. I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians so that they will go.
Speaker 1: In after them.
Speaker 3: And I will gain glory through Pharaoh and his army, through his chariots and his horsemen. Did you notice that everything that was going to kill them was an instrument in the hands of God for a greater glory.
Speaker 4: I prophesy it over your life, what the enemy meant for evil. Help me preach. Then somebody shout.
Speaker 3: Now, Then the Angel of God, who had been traveling in front of Israel's army, withdrew and went behind them. And the pillar of cloud also moved from in front and stood behind them, coming between the armies of Egypt and Israel. And throughout the night, the cloud brought darkness to the one side and light to the other side, so neither went near the other all night long. Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the.
Speaker 1: Lord drove the seed back. You see it. Moses is doing this, and God is doing this.
Speaker 3: Moses is doing this, and God is doing this, and Moses is and God has you covered in this season of your life. The waters were divided, and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with the wall of water on their right and on their left. The Egyptians pursued them, and all pharaohs, horses and chariots and horsemen followed them into the sea.
Speaker 1: During the last watch of.
Speaker 3: The night, the Lord looked down from the pillar of fire and cloud at the Egyptian army and threw it into confusion. And he jammed the wheels of their chariots so that they had difficulty driving. And the Egyptians, the enemies, the forces that came to conspire against the people of God, said let's get away from the Israelites.
Speaker 1: The Lord is fighting for them against Egypt.
Speaker 3: Then the Lord said to Moses, watch this, stretch out your hand over the sea, so that the waters may flow back over the Egyptians and their chariots and horsemen. Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and at daybreak the sea went back to its place. The Egyptians were fleeing toward it, and the Lord swept them into the sea. The water flowed back and covered the chariots and the horsemen, the entire army of Pharaoh that had followed the Israelites into the sea. Not one of them survived, hallelujah.
Speaker 1: But the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground.
Speaker 3: Notice how many times it says, see because this is planned. See the Israelites went through the sea, they were covered. The Egyptians drowned in the sea. It covered them. God is working all things together for your good. God is working all things together for his glory. God is working all things together for a purpose. God is working all things.
Speaker 1: Together for a plant. You just keep doing this verse thirty and I'll finish that day.
Speaker 3: The Lord saved Israel from the hands of the Egyptians, and all Israel saw the Egyptians lying dead on the shore. So I don't have to see it to believe it. Because I know that God is with me. And I've been praying about some things in my life, like you've been praying about some things in your life, and I've had some things in my life that didn't quite.
Speaker 1: Match up at this point. And honestly, I'm gonna get real specific with you.
Speaker 3: There's not that many things about my life that I can complain about. But sometimes there's some things about me that I thought would be better by now y'all just leaving me up here like I'm the only dog on one doing like this sometimes. But the Lord will bring you to the water for the worst that you're not ready for. I want to challenge you, y'all. We've got like a few weeks left and we'll be saying goodbye yesterday. I'm gonna tell you, if you take the chariots with you into the Promised Land, you won't be there long.
Speaker 1: There are some things that God wants to deal with in your life. And God might have sent a problem to answer a prayer.
Speaker 3: What was Paul's prayer? I want to know Christ. So God put him in a prison and said you'll get to know me here. So Paul said, I have a prize in the prison. So do you a prize in the prison?
Speaker 1: You hear that? A prize in the prison?
Speaker 3: Father? These are your people. I didn't make them, I didn't create them. I can't lead them through deep waters.
Speaker 1: You can now, God, we're holding on to so much.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've got our fist bald up so tight on a ten dollars blessing We've got our fist bald up so tight on the way we think about us, on the way that we think about others.
Speaker 1: We've got our fist bald up so tight on our Plan A.
Speaker 3: Some of us are thinking about going back Plan bing, but today you told us that Plan C. It's for us to trust you, give the situation to you, follow you for it.
Speaker 1: And I believe God. Yeah, dude, I believe that.
Speaker 3: You're going to bring them across this red seed that they're going through.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that is a cute metaphor. God, I have faith for it for them, And.
Speaker 3: Even if they don't believe right now, would you just give them the strength to let go? Is such a strange thing to pray for. We think is so strong to hold on, but the strength to let go and to go forward. It's time for Plan See. It's time for you to see what God can do when you trust Him with your life. Head's bowed, eyes closed. There's someone here today. And the assignment on my life for this message with you is to give you the opportunity to give your life to Jesus Christ, like, to really give him your life, not just to say I'm religious, not just to say, yeah, I'm going to pray to God make my life better. Know to really give him your life is that you. God has brought you to this moment.
Speaker 1: This is a threshold for you.
Speaker 3: You are here today because God has been drawing you and leading you and calling you out of your sin, out of your.
Speaker 1: Shame, and into his love.
Speaker 3: The Bible says that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Speaker 1: I believe that this day God wants to save you.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'm going to pray a prayer for the benefit of those who are coming to God and listen. If this is you and you feel it in your heart and you're ready to repent of your sin and trust in God and give him your life, I want you to know that the work has already been done. Jesus already died the death we should have died.
Speaker 1: He lived the life we could not live.
Speaker 3: He paid a debt he did not owe, so that you could be saved.
Speaker 1: The only thing for you to do is to believe.
Speaker 3: So right now, if you're ready for that, to give your life to Christ, I want you to repeat this prayer after me.
Speaker 1: Church family, we're praying it.
Speaker 3: Out loud together for all those who are coming to God.
Speaker 1: Repeat after me, Heavenly Father.
Speaker 3: I am a sinner in need of a savior, and I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the savior of the world. Today I make Jesus the.
Speaker 1: Lord of my life.
Speaker 3: I believe he died that I would be forgiven and rose again to give me life.
Speaker 1: I receive this new life.
Speaker 3: This is my new beginning. I am a child of God. On the counter, three, raise your hand. If you prayed that one, two, three hands went up before I even said three.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Let's give the Lord a great hand of praise. Come on, everybody can praise God. Come on, I see a lot of hands. Welcome to the Family of God. Praise the Lord for all those online. You can put in the comments. I receive Jesus.
Speaker 3: Come on, cleft those hands for what God did in the house today.
Speaker 1: Praise the Lord.
Speaker 3: Hug seven people. Tell them you're still gonna get there.
Speaker 1: You're still gonna get there. Yes you are, You're still gonna get there. Yeah, you're gonna get there.
Speaker 4: Might be twelve pounds heavier in December. Still gonna get there.
Speaker 1: Still gonna get there.
Speaker 3: This is plan to see how many got something out of the word of God today.
Speaker 1: Campus Maasters, you can take it? Can I close here?
Speaker 3: You got anything important to say? We got a big offering next weekend y'all this envelope right here, Open this up, fill it out, fill it up, bring it back, put it in, and expect God to move in a great way in our church. What else you need to tell them?
Speaker 1: I don't want to oversimplify it is that all. Come up here with me.
Speaker 3: Jj come on, Holly, come on, Graham, come on, Abby, come on, Trucks, come on, Amy, come on, Brick.
Speaker 1: Come on, JT, come on, come on, come on, come on.
Speaker 4: Home, Come on Mom, come on, Eve, get up here, Come on, Mike, come on, Elane, get.
Speaker 3: Up here, Come on Anna.
Speaker 1: Who else wants to come?
Speaker 3: Where is my sister that got the blessing today?
Speaker 1: Come on join us. Do your hands like this, repeat after me.
Speaker 3: Now, unto Hell, who is able to do immeasurably more than you ask or imagine to him, be glory through Christ Jesus.
Speaker 1: In the church now and forever, say man, hey, then again I'll see you next week. You're so great. This is your husband. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to those of you who give generously to this ministry. Is because of you that this ministry is possible. You can click the link in the description to give now or visit Elevationchurch dot org slash podcast for more information and if you enjoyed the podcast, you can subscribe.
Speaker 1: You can share it with your friends.
Speaker 2: You can click the share button, take a screenshot and share it on your social stories and tag us at Elevation Church.
Speaker 1: Thanks again for listening. God bless you