Speaker 1: What you all been waiting for?
Speaker 2: You tapped in the way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's good? Happy Monday's way up at the Angela Yee. I can't wait. Just here with me today. Oh no, what's up?
Speaker 3: We got a special guest joining us, Danny Lay will be here. She's got a new single out literally with her family called La Familiar. Oh that's what are and she's independent now, so we'll talk about the new grind that she's on. She's been through a lot and we're gonna shine a light as well when we come back. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty is a number whoever you want to shine a light on. Let us know a lot of people have been hitting me up. Also, every Friday we shine a light on an unsigned or a brand new artist that's all the way up sweet.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: So they're like, where do we submit music? How do we find it next sale? Right here? Anybody that wants to submit for that.
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So it's my email or DM me at nix steel Esq at Instagram, at nixtil esq at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Nixt seale H's we al e almost admit, okay, I didn't know you do music, all right? Well, shine a light is next eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty were.
Speaker 1: Gonna light to buck up a Maine.
Speaker 2: Turn your lights on, y'all, light spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 1: Shine a light on them, Shine a light on them.
Speaker 2: It's time to shine a light on them.
Speaker 1: It's way up and Angela y it's me and Aquen Wood. Oh no, you're ready to.
Speaker 3: Shine a light on another entrepreneur. And today we are going to shine a light on Brian Reynolds. Now, Brian Reynolds is the founder of the black owned skincare company Just for Teens, and they're actually going to be expanding into nearly ten thousand Dollar General stores Okay Dollard by September of this year. He's based out in Atlanta, and that's a huge, huge expansion, imagine ten thousand stores.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: The opportunity stem from participating in Dollar General's Small Business Supplier program that helps emerging businesses secure shelf space with them. He saw there was an opportunity in a market and took advantage of it. So this was founded just six years ago in twenty twenty. Their skincare products designed for the younger generation teens like facial clingses, moisturizeres, mineral creams, pimple patches, sun patches, BikeE patches, all of those things. And now they have expanded into these major chain.
Speaker 4: Stores here had relations six ten thousand stores. Is crazy.
Speaker 1: That is I mean humongous.
Speaker 3: And to have been around for only six years have been able to deliver that way. And then to see a program an acceleration program like this and take part in it and then actually get that and it's a black owned business and love.
Speaker 1: To see it.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: All right now, Teyanya, who do you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 6: I want to find a light on my husband that he has been put in in extra work and taking care of the family, and I just feel like he carries the weight of the world on your shoulders. And I just feel like men do not get enough credit for everything they do. So I just want to sign the light on you and let you know we love you and we thank you for everything you do.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's amazing. What's his name? His name is Beck? That is listen.
Speaker 3: That's what partnership is all about. Right, he's working hard. You're acknowledging, and I'm sure you are too, but you're acknowledging everything that he has going on.
Speaker 1: Telling him that you see it, you appreciate it, and you love him. Yes, we love you, bribing all right, thank you for calling.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 3: That was Hina Light eight hundred and two, nineteen fifty one fifty In case you couldn't get through.
Speaker 1: What do you want to start with with the eet good news or bad news?
Speaker 4: Oh let's start with bad and then end we're.
Speaker 3: Good man, Okay, all right, So this is all about relationships as in marriage, kids, divorce, all of that.
Speaker 1: It's way up rooms.
Speaker 2: From industry shade to all of gosp out. Angela's feeling that eye.
Speaker 1: All right, his way up at Angela, yea is man.
Speaker 3: I came with, oh no, listen, just so y'all know we were just looking at Martha Reeves singing the national anthem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you haven't seen it, just you know, I don't know what.
Speaker 3: All right, Ti and Tiny are celebrating sixteen years of marriage. They did a vow renewal in Jamaica, surrounded by family and friends. Congratulations, yeah, congratulations to them.
Speaker 1: They went through a.
Speaker 4: Lot sixteen years.
Speaker 1: Long in sixteen years.
Speaker 3: I saw somebody posted one of the best things is having the younger generation who clearly couldn't have been present, you know, sixteen years ago when they got married, to be there to see this and witness this. So they officially got married July thirtieth, twenty ten, after dating for several years. We've seen them on the Family Hustle, the show that they had, We've seen their blended families. So and they're also grandparents now, so congratulations to them. Also, Coco Jones and Donovan Mitchell got married. Their first dance was to music Soul Child's love.
Speaker 4: Oh I love that song, Oh you love it?
Speaker 3: I love music so child, you know, and listen. Shout out to Coco Jones and Donovan Mitchell. Just a beautiful relationship. He raves about her all the time in interviews. I feel like she's always been very private about her life, but this, you know, clearly she waited for the right time to pop out.
Speaker 1: All right now.
Speaker 3: Tyrese Halliburton married his college sweetheart je j Jones last month and they had a lavish reception in Carmel, Indiana. And this happened on Saturday and fifty cent came and performed, and here is a little snippet of that. All right, so look like they was having a time.
Speaker 4: That's fun. A lot of marriages is coming and going.
Speaker 3: And congratulations to Vibes Cartel and set them. They are expecting their first child together. And here is their announcement to everybody.
Speaker 7: I'm all right, so and pointing to her stomach, my baby got me this.
Speaker 3: So congratulations to them. Now, I did tell you there were some bad news coming in Brittany Grinder has file for divorce. Yeah, she is moving to end her marriage to Cherrelle Griner, who was one of the people that really advocated for her when she was detained for nearly a year in Russia. Remember for that for the little bit of joint paraphernalia. Yes, so they state the marriage is irretrievably broken. There's no hope of reconciliation. They separated, according to the filing, on July twenty fourth, and they're requesting joint physical custody of their son, Bash, who was born in twenty twenty four, as well as an equitable division of marital assets and debts. All that is your yet when we come back, Oh, we do have all right, well, I told you, and I hate to do this because Martha Reeves is legendary, but here she is performing at the first women's pro Baseball league.
Speaker 8: Girl you.
Speaker 9: By bye. I'm so proud, Nat.
Speaker 3: I want to say you're the whole sab and the vandellas. Though back in the day, like when I tell you legendary, she really is, like, you know, a pretty big artist with songs that have really stood the test of time, dancing in the street heat wave, nowhere to run, Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Mac, where are you coming back? They're like, maybe I could sing?
Speaker 3: All right, when we come back, we have about last night. We'll discuss what we did over the weekend. Right now here is future Metro Woman and Kenjack like that.
Speaker 2: So about last night?
Speaker 3: I went down right his way up at Angela Yee, and it's time for about last night?
Speaker 1: What did you do? I came work.
Speaker 5: I did have a show last night, a last night, and then I also went to see The Odyssey.
Speaker 1: How was it about it?
Speaker 5: It was great, but it felt like you were on Odyssey like it was. It was extremely long. It's like three hours long.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: I want to go see an off Broadway play called Black Odyssey. Yeah, based off of you know, Odyssey, but black. It was amazing. It was really great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm going to.
Speaker 4: It was good. It was good.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend, I had a very active weekend. On Friday, I went to uh Team Hennessy dinner hosted by Ivy Rivera celebrating women in this business. The doors they called it so yes everyone was there. And then on Saturday I went to go see j Cole at the Barclays.
Speaker 4: I know, I told you.
Speaker 3: I texted you said tell j Cole. I said, Hill, No, I will say this though. What I love is Jake Cole didn't bring out no celebrity guests.
Speaker 1: It was just him performing.
Speaker 3: There was no opener, and it was he got mad hits and then if he was performing a song that wasn't a hit, he would be like, some of y'all may not know this song. You only know the hits, but you know this is a song that I, you know, selfishly like. And it was nice to see he's like a regular. He starts off in the audience, sitting with people. It was funny to look at their reaction like he's just sitting with them and like starting to show off and they're like, dude, do like here we are with j Cole part of the show.
Speaker 4: That's fun.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so shout out to Maddie for setting everything up for us in dream Bow.
Speaker 1: But it was a good time.
Speaker 4: That's fun.
Speaker 1: I was in Detroit, you know, I love Detroit.
Speaker 4: I loved The shows were amazing. Four to five shows were.
Speaker 1: Great, you said, the audiences were great the.
Speaker 5: Autist except for Friday late show, but every other show, yeah, it was me and Godfrey and it was the shows were great.
Speaker 3: And he stayed at the Camby. Shout out to the Cambria Hotel. That's a fun place to go downstairs and play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a cute hotel. The whole way. It was a fun So Detroit was fun.
Speaker 1: All right. Well when we come back, you know what time it is.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you did out there last over the weekend, but tell us a secret. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty nine.
Speaker 1: Aim. I saw you were gonna have a link up, but you fell asleep.
Speaker 4: I do know I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a secret?
Speaker 4: I was tired.
Speaker 3: Imagine that you know how many times that that's a regular happening for people, though, I say, I'm gonna come.
Speaker 1: Let's link up. You all excited.
Speaker 4: I was excited too.
Speaker 1: You had a couple waiting for you.
Speaker 4: I had a couple waiting for me.
Speaker 1: And then you fell asleep.
Speaker 4: I fellas Oh no, we.
Speaker 3: Want to hear your secrets. Eight hundred nine two fifty one fifty. Are you that old guy in the club?
Speaker 4: Crazy? I am thirty five years young.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred fifty one fifty. Call us up. Tell us a secret.
Speaker 3: Maybe you were creeping, fell asleep at the other person's house and didn't make it home.
Speaker 1: What a good secret.
Speaker 3: Now you had to make up a whole story about how you got arrested and you just got out. Girl, Just call us eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. How can we judge you? I can't fall asleep before his link up. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. Tell us a secret.
Speaker 4: This is a judgment.
Speaker 1: Freeze one.
Speaker 4: Tell us a secret.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's what yea? But angela, ye, it's me and I key Woods. Oh no, then let.
Speaker 3: Me talk softer, okay, all right, because this is time for you to call us up. It's a no judgment zone, no judgement. You are anonymous, and you are gonna tell us a secret. Tell us all the eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty anonymous caller, tell us your secret.
Speaker 10: I gotta see what I said. My dad's HOAt this weekend?
Speaker 1: Oh sure, but you put it back.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we brought it back.
Speaker 11: That he just went on vacation.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean that's what kids do.
Speaker 5: Stay your parents car for ye how long was you was you gone?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 11: I was just gone for the night because I had a couple of dawns with me.
Speaker 1: Ooh I know. They was like, but you standing like it's your car.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm made it seem like it was my car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, your dad probably gonna know. He probably checks the mileage.
Speaker 10: I ain't even put no gas in it too.
Speaker 4: Oh come, that's still here called one O one.
Speaker 1: You want to get caught.
Speaker 4: That's crazy to fort gasing. How how much driving did you do?
Speaker 11: Also? You drive for like fIF day?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well he didn't put no gas in it, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: They might not know.
Speaker 3: All right, there's doless day off. All right, Well, thank you for calling. Hanging out in miss calling.
Speaker 4: What's up to it's a secret.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 10: Uh yeah, I was hanging out with the fellas for one night, running into a high school sweetheart and in getting a.
Speaker 11: Little too wasted.
Speaker 10: Uh, got a whole situation at home, and fell asleep at this young lady's house. He didn't make it home seven in the morning.
Speaker 1: What you said you were man's house calls? I bet so? What was your excuse?
Speaker 10: I fell my cousin the house on the couch.
Speaker 1: Did she believe you know?
Speaker 10: I mean, yeah, and no, so you know you'll believe it, so you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then you know, she got to ask the cousin. Did she ask the cousin?
Speaker 4: Of course she asked the cousin.
Speaker 11: No, she's not that type of female. She's not gonna do that.
Speaker 10: She just she's gonna take it with a grain of salt, and she's just, you know, I guess the love overpowered the bs.
Speaker 11: I mean, that was a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was a long time.
Speaker 4: I will never ever step out ever.
Speaker 10: I don't do that.
Speaker 3: That's what we get our little get out of jail free card.
Speaker 10: Well, y'all still together, Yeah, for sure, twenty eight years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she should have went out the next night and did the same thing, just not show. And I came home till seven just to show you what it's like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all bad.
Speaker 11: It's a very bad and hurting feeling.
Speaker 8: I promise.
Speaker 3: All right, Well you learned your lesson, Yes I did, all right, thanks for sharing with us, no judgment. All right, Well that was tell us a secret. Eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty. I know a lot of y'all thinking about you'll secrets right now, Like let me go on ahead, go ahead and call who hasn't stolen their parents' car. I didn't one day my parents would tell the story. All right, when we come back, we have your yet, and let's talk about all of these court orders and people who are now trying to fight them, as in poor Pierce. And we also have a story from Chris Brown about him trying to fight a judgment as well.
Speaker 4: Stay in the court.
Speaker 1: It's way up.
Speaker 2: She's about to blow the lead off this spot.
Speaker 9: Let's get it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, angels feeling that yet.
Speaker 3: Coming Gebilton County, Georgia, and they're saying this happened on August second. The case is listed as open and the charges are sexual battery against a child under sixteen aggravated child molestation and sodomy.
Speaker 1: Now that court appearance is.
Speaker 3: Scheduled for today at eleven thirty am. These are just allegations at this time, so we don't know exactly what's going on.
Speaker 1: But as things are unfolding and she's.
Speaker 3: Supposed to be in court in just a couple of minutes, we'll get more information.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, hopefully she's not guilty, because that's.
Speaker 1: Crazy, that would be insane. Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Paul Pierce is asking a court to reject his exce's request.
Speaker 1: For thirty thousand dollars a month in child support.
Speaker 3: He's saying his financial situation has changed significantly since retiring from the NBA and so can't do that.
Speaker 1: He said he.
Speaker 3: Earned more than two hundred million dollars during his career, but he no longer makes that level of income.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Chris Brown is asking.
Speaker 3: For a new trial after that twelve point nine million dollar dog bite judgment. They are asking for that verdict against that was from his former housekeeper, Maria Avila.
Speaker 4: Well you have to get her a twelve point nine million A yes.
Speaker 3: The dog I mean, I don't know if you saw the pictures I saw the I think I did. Yeah, they found him liable. It was his two hundred pounds Caucasian shepherd that attacked her at his home, leaving her with a lasting facial disfigurement.
Speaker 4: Wait the dog called Caucasian shepherd.
Speaker 9: M hmm okay.
Speaker 3: So right now, her lawyer is trying to freeze his touring accounts and get profits from the R and B Tory has with usher as daily interests as accruing ahead of a September twenty second hearing on his new chrial bid.
Speaker 1: He's pushing back against that.
Speaker 3: They're saying that they want to challenge that verdict and the filing is irregularity and the proceedings that prevented a fair trial, Jerry misconduct in sufficient new findings establishing innocence and excessive damages award for the plaintiff.
Speaker 4: You got it.
Speaker 9: You gotta.
Speaker 4: You can't just have dogs on around like that.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: I do feel like her face looks wild now, yes, I mean.
Speaker 4: You gotta have that face for life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she has that face for life, all right? So malice is from the clips. He is now being accused of stealing a police sausage?
Speaker 4: Is that a.
Speaker 3: Glizzy is that considered a glizzy and so this is quite interesting. But a Chicago restaurant owner says he walked out with that without paying.
Speaker 1: This as from the Wiener Circle.
Speaker 4: I love that place.
Speaker 7: It you do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, unnecessary, but they like make fun of you and stuff.
Speaker 4: It's the and it's so good, Oh my gosh, the really taste.
Speaker 3: According to reports, he arrived with security and a cameraman and then grabbed that polish sausage and left.
Speaker 1: So here is what they had to say. The malice from the rap roof e clips wrong here, black nugget headed something here. Y'all will bring his little bail bottom of jeans wearing.
Speaker 3: At something here, but order polish and he an't gonna run to his truck and get in the drave off.
Speaker 1: He just did a whole concert. You gotta send me my mother money.
Speaker 4: For that polish mo Y know, it's funny. I know exactly who that is, and she's so I love her to death. Shout out to her. I don't know her name, but she's so cool.
Speaker 1: I guess that's part of it. They just disparage you, they do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, she's cool.
Speaker 3: She's maybe just being so that's pretty funny nine dollars and great promo and.
Speaker 4: It tastes great too. It's worth it. It's worth the nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay, weener circle when we come back under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They are flying under the radar, but you definitely need to know about it.
Speaker 1: It's way up.
Speaker 2: Pusition in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying.
Speaker 3: Under the radar, all right, it's way up at Angela ye'es me and akem woods.
Speaker 4: What's u.
Speaker 1: Let's get to these under the radar stories.
Speaker 3: So, a surrogate mother is fighting to save the life of the baby that she's carrying. The biological appearance have been pushing her to abort him after he was diagnosed with a heart condition. So the baby, baby Gabrielle, was diagnosed with hypoplastic left heart syndrome.
Speaker 1: It's a severe but treatable.
Speaker 3: Heart condition, according to this lawsuit, and they want this to happen because it's part of the clause of their surrogacy agreement. In accordance with the agreement, they can choose that. But according to this report, the surrogate mother is saying no, every life matters. No woman should be forced to end the life of the baby she is carrying, including me, baby Gabrielle should receive a chance at life.
Speaker 5: I think if you're going to be a surrogate, you have to agree with what stipulations are in the contract.
Speaker 3: I do think some things are in cut and dry though, because when woman is carrying like a life inside of her, I'm sure it's a different type of emotion that you may I agree then don't be a yeah, but you may not know until you agree to it.
Speaker 4: That's fair.
Speaker 3: Well, no, because sometimes you think one way and it sounds practical, but the reality is, you know, that's really difficult of a decision to make. Now, the nurse decided she couldn't go through with the abortion offer to take full custody responsibility. That offer was rejected and they threatened to sue her for two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. So she's in Texas hoping to give birth at a hospital that specializes in pediatric cardiac cases.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm best to look to them. I don't know contract. I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know how that's gonna work out, But.
Speaker 1: I mean it is in the contract.
Speaker 3: But you know, real life and contracts sometimes don't mesh right, all right, Nearly sixty five thousand people have been evacuated as Spokane County wildfires are causing devastation. Yes, they're saying more than seven hundred structures have been destroyed. The five are consuming more than eight thousand acres with zero percent containment since they started Saturday.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh wow.
Speaker 3: And according to reports that wind is going to change, so that could affect other areas like Seattle and Portland.
Speaker 4: Oh no.
Speaker 3: And so they're also looking for missing persons with hundreds of homes destroyed in these wildfires.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: No, fatalities have been reported yet, but they are still searching for people. So prayers up from washing West Coast. All right, we do have the Way Up mixed for you. At the top of the hour, plus, Danny Lay is going to be joining us. She's got a new song out called La Familia literally it is her family on the song with her. She's got a lot going on in her life right now. She took quite a break and now she is back independent.
Speaker 1: It's way up.
Speaker 6: She's like the chout like they Angela Jean, like they Angela Jean.
Speaker 2: She's spilling it all.
Speaker 4: This is yete way.
Speaker 1: All right, it's way up at Angela yee. It's me and a Keen Woods. What's good? Yes?
Speaker 3: Up, all right and let's get into this ut. So ACEP Rocky did a sit down interview with Jason Lee.
Speaker 4: I know that was messy.
Speaker 3: Well here's the trailer, because this full interview is dropping on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: You've been to.
Speaker 2: Jail in two different countries, you had three kids, and you got married, right.
Speaker 10: You watched that celebrity box and that's what you did.
Speaker 1: Would you fight Drake be and knuckles like the Irish?
Speaker 4: Y'all went at the met gala and it looked like you as will arguing, Oh God, here you go.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 4: Are you the reason why we don't have an album? Damn, I'm gonna get in trouble for this. I told you.
Speaker 1: Good for Him trailer is messy.
Speaker 5: That's the perfect trailer. That's the trailer you want. So we can talk about it. People go watch it. Jason's waiting his job. Good for him, all right?
Speaker 3: Yes, is asking fans to pray for him. He said he feels like he's about to lose his mind. I have an extremely high tolerance for pain. Most of the time, I smile my way through whatever I'm carrying, but right now I'm empty, I'm depleted. My soul is tired. He said, he's not asking for money or material help. He just wants prayer, covering, love, positive energy, and genuine support. He said, what I'm carrying is heavy, very heavy, and I don't believe I can continue carrying all of it alone.
Speaker 4: Well, prayers out to him.
Speaker 3: Then everybody say a prayer for Tyree's please. Okay, all right now, Queen nausea in her group. This went viral. They went out to dinner and the bill came out to thirteen hundred dollars. She was actually streaming during the time and ended up having to figure out the splitting the bill while on stream, which is never fun when that bill comes and everybody's like, wait, what, hold on, here's what it sounded like.
Speaker 1: So I put the mill of pay for each meal, which.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're gonna split in my couple.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being a friend. Okay, so ars man, we had a Cowboys day, so yeah.
Speaker 4: How many people was on the part of you know, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know how many people it was. It was couples. It looked like four.
Speaker 1: It was only four people for thirteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess that sounds about right. That's three a person a little more and then also with tip included. But you know, I think what I will say, I was very grateful. One day I went out for dinner for one of my friends from college and that bill came and everybody wanted to pay it, and I love that. And then another time we went out to dinner and I put everything on my card and everybody zeld me the money. But literally like people were overpaying. I feel like, I, you know, I came up, but you know, you being the one to pay could either go your way or it could not go your way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but also it's so simple to just talk about that beforehand.
Speaker 4: Hey, who's paying for that?
Speaker 3: So somebody say they thought it was camped. I don't know what, you know, what was going on? And then I'm wondering if you're also streaming, and so people know you're making money streaming, do you feel like, well, I'm in your stream?
Speaker 1: Should I know?
Speaker 3: But you do have to discuss those things ahead of time, all right, Now, here is the end after the bill was paid, Like.
Speaker 4: If they would have said, Yo, you gotta pay this. I would have went up to pay it, to be like, all right, let's go. We'll is this. Just talk about it later. What are you talking about?
Speaker 7: Stop?
Speaker 4: I'm not on What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: I'm not either, I'm what happened about?
Speaker 1: And we'll talk about. Hey, y'all come down. Hey, she's arguing over the bill.
Speaker 4: I just think everything don't need to be streamed. I get it that.
Speaker 3: That's how it also makes everybody talk about it. It's real life, right, I guess you're right.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be streaming stuff like that Africa.
Speaker 3: All right now, if you watch a toxic love Story on Netflix, and I'm not going to give it all away, but it's a real news story, it's a documentary and.
Speaker 1: If you did watch it.
Speaker 3: Michelle Hadley, who was Ian's ex from the show, He had a wife, Angela Diaz, and they were accused of conspiring together to ruin Michelle's life. She literally went to jail and to see what they did to her. I mean, they traumatized this woman. Michelle ended up getting wrongfully arrested, she said, three months in jail before getting let out. He was sentenced to ten years in prison and is currently fighting to have that judgment thrown out.
Speaker 1: Angela I hate that her name is Angela. Let's sentence to serve time, but she's already been.
Speaker 3: Released, so she is now asking the judge to consider what she went through before determining how many years he'll be in prison.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How many parts the documentary is it?
Speaker 1: Mostly? I can't remember how many. It's four or five parts?
Speaker 4: Yeah, five episodes?
Speaker 1: Okay, but you got to see it.
Speaker 3: I mean I was like it was the stuff they disgustingly crazy, and you know, women sometimes can feel pressure to do things to please their significant other, but the way that he went at her was wild. When we come back, we have asked ye eight hundred nine two fifty one fifty call us up, Me and A Kim.
Speaker 1: Got you back.
Speaker 3: Any question you have, We're here to help. That's eight hundred two nine two fifty one.
Speaker 2: Fifty Women's relationship or Koreer advice. Angela's dropping facts. You should know if this is ask Kee brought to you.
Speaker 3: By Top Dog Long, what's up his way up at Angela? He I'm here with Ake Woods and today for asking yee. Emmanuel is on the line and he's trying to figure out how can he get some order in his house. It's been a big chaotic with his wife, who, by the way, has seven kids.
Speaker 1: What part from the house you said, You're.
Speaker 3: Doing your part as a husband in the household, but she's not doing hers?
Speaker 10: Yes, have a wife.
Speaker 1: What is her part?
Speaker 9: Man's?
Speaker 10: And the children and stuff? Structure?
Speaker 1: Does she have a job?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 10: Man, she does not have a dollar?
Speaker 1: Okay? And how old are the kids?
Speaker 10: Nine? Eight? Whoa and actually about to be a year in about twelve.
Speaker 1: Grays, I'm exhausted for her.
Speaker 2: How many kids do this?
Speaker 1: You're not playing no games?
Speaker 3: And so the youngest the youngest you said, is about to be one? Now, oh man, she probably going through that's a lot of work already right there.
Speaker 4: But you know what da for one person?
Speaker 1: Ya, I don't have any help in the house.
Speaker 10: I hope, like I'm not just I go to work. I don't do nothing like I'm there. I help me, I do more than what that through them, But there's no routine.
Speaker 5: I feel like that's something both of y'all should figure out, because if it was like two kids, then I'm like, yeah, she should be able to structure that. Seven kids is crazy and she just had one too.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if she's still going through like she could be having postpartum depression. It could be really hard for her to drag herself out to do certain things. Kids are also hard to get them to follow a routine, especially seven and she's got a newborn baby. It's exhausting, Like when does she even you know, manage to sleep during that time? And sometimes even for moms, I know that they can be exhausted, like just being in the house around kids all day and not being able to like move around as they wish because you have the responsibility of seven kids. Because I can also look at it from your point of view, like you're going to work, you want to come home. You've had a hard, long day. She's had a heart long day too, but your hard long days are different. What you guys need to figure out is what does she need that can be helpful to her in the home, because I think sometimes people also don't take into consideration how hard of a job a stay at home mom is.
Speaker 4: Sounds like y'all need to hire a little nanny, But I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if financially that's valuable for you. Guys might not.
Speaker 10: Be, but I would agree.
Speaker 1: Is that something that you can do?
Speaker 10: I look into it.
Speaker 3: And even if not a nanny, can you find somebody that can, even like hire a house cleaning service. Things like that are really helpful to give her a break.
Speaker 9: Let them.
Speaker 3: It feels like she just needs a little more support at home. Whatever it is that you can do to ease some of that burden on her, I think that will show that you care. You know that you're coming at this from a place of how can we be helpful? How can I make sure that you don't have too much on your plate because I see and understand how hard it is the work that you have to do, but know at the same time her understanding that, like the disorder is not easy for you either.
Speaker 4: You know, and don't have no more kids?
Speaker 3: All right, take care of good luck, good luck? All right, we'll ask ye is brought to you by Top Dog Law. Called them for any accident, big or small, go to topdog Law dot com.
Speaker 1: And when we come back, Danny Lay is joining us.
Speaker 3: She's got a new single out right now called La Familia, And I mean you heard a whole La familiar just now seven kids, but she actually has her brother and her sister on the song and just it's like family for real, all right, So we'll be talking to her. It's way up here, we go up there.
Speaker 2: This is way up with Angela.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: It's way up with Angela yee. My girl Koy has been guest hosted with me.
Speaker 9: What's up y'all?
Speaker 3: And we're both excited because Danny lay back in the building.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 9: Now you she's been on it.
Speaker 12: We had her fashion show, her first fashion show yesterday Rookies.
Speaker 9: She was walking for Nike, so she was on a walk. I'm gonna post it soon. I don't know.
Speaker 12: I mean, I'm not trying to like put her into anything herself.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly. She actually likes it.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, Okay, you've been talking a lot about your faith and showing us a lot of that too. You put out a song about God, you talked about You've been crossing your fingers and keeping it low.
Speaker 9: I've been crossing my tea. I've been keeping a low big j o d he because of my phone.
Speaker 6: If I had my line key.
Speaker 12: Being thinking my botty mean, you can see my dejament.
Speaker 3: You've gotten a lot of attention and I know some of it good, some of it not good, some of it really difficult. And you've been open about going through difficult times. But how is it like, you know, just keeping low and just kind of rebuilding.
Speaker 9: It's been good. I think that time was very much needed.
Speaker 12: It allowed me to just grow my relationship with God, and I truly feel like that just changed me as a person. So I definitely had time where I wanted to give up. So yeah, I feel good at that time was needed.
Speaker 9: I have been keeping it littles my.
Speaker 12: Daughter no, literally just valuing family and just setting myself up for the future, setting her up like that's the goal at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Right now, Koy and I are here and we're talking to Danny Leg.
Speaker 9: You're speaking a lot about your relationship with God.
Speaker 1: How would you say that your relationship with God is different from now versus like a few years ago.
Speaker 9: It wasn't there.
Speaker 12: I grew up going to church, but I just was disconnected all the way.
Speaker 9: Once my dad got diagnosed with.
Speaker 12: Cancer, that was the moment where my family, we all got together, had to take care of my dad.
Speaker 9: Seeing a loved one like.
Speaker 12: Go through so much pain and everything else outside of the world like didn't matter because all we were with was our family, and then that time we just prayed over it all and I just feel like he wouldn't have passed away, he wouldn't have made.
Speaker 9: It into heaven.
Speaker 12: I feel like our family like truly saved my dad and he's surrendered to God at the very last bit.
Speaker 9: And then it.
Speaker 12: Also felt like he was God allowed it to happen to to save all of us because I don't know if who knows if my dad would have survived, and then I would have just kept on living life, like I wouldn't have fully made the change.
Speaker 1: It was like a wake up call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your father said, was he telling you things that you never knew? Because sometimes in family, we don't have those types of conversations, especially with our parents, like we don't know what they've gone through, our things that have had all.
Speaker 12: That was our first time that my dad did like confess a lot. He went through a lot of things during his childhood that I felt like we're grabbing onto him and like when you confess your sins, that's when you really release.
Speaker 1: That's a scary thing to do.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's hard even we all confess our sins to each other as a family, like I to my family some things and like it was hard to do, but it made me be like wow, and it just shows how much like just thing that to that you're like holding on to by keeping a secret or whatever, and it's just like, oh wow, I don't feel bad about that no more.
Speaker 9: I released it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Danny Lay is here, she's got new music on the way, she's independent, she's at peace, she is back having her relationship with God and her family and the right way we have more when we come back.
Speaker 1: It's way up.
Speaker 4: I don't want to know my name, way up with.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: His way up with Angela Yee and my girl Koya is here with me today and we're talking to Danny Lay.
Speaker 1: But also all of her life changes.
Speaker 3: Her father passed away from cancer, she's back in church, and she's got new music as an independent artist, and so a lot of familiar.
Speaker 9: Dream pick your scene, a little drama to be drama looking for a dog and it's not alive.
Speaker 1: But on your con.
Speaker 9: Take us out of face off, watching down on.
Speaker 3: Us, Like let's get into this new song because you have your family, your brother's on the song and your sister's in a group, yes, lads, and she's on the song as well. And then you guys recorded the video in the Dominican Republic, right, Yes, So that was like everything back to.
Speaker 1: The fundamentals for you.
Speaker 3: Literally how important was family for you throughout this time because clearly this song, laugh Familia, it is about grief, it's about loss, but it is about love and the physical title of it is laugh Familia, right, So talk to me about why that's so important that you guys have such a strong foundation and do you feel like there was a time when that was broken?
Speaker 9: Absolutely.
Speaker 12: We definitely were going through so much before my dad got cancer and I was just living my own life, not really caring about a lot of my decisions, and just they weren't really aligned with everything I was.
Speaker 9: On, which they should have.
Speaker 12: But I know that they were really hurt that I like straight away from them, and that just goes to like, when you're close to the people that really love you, you can do a lot of things that you wouldn't like normally do. So now, after everything that we went through, it felt right to do a song together.
Speaker 3: Right now, Danny lay is here with myself and my girl Qoiet and we're talking to her about her new single Live Familiar and what life has been like after all of the drama.
Speaker 1: So, now, Danny Lay, when you date? Are you dating?
Speaker 12: Oh Lord, I know you're gonna ask.
Speaker 13: I knew you were gonna ask, but I'm gonna just keep it to the low. But yeah, yeah, I would just you know, keep.
Speaker 1: Somebody say keep a load at me, yes, because I know you just say no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna say my music is my boyfriend exactly right. So what type of rules do you have for yourself now, like when it comes to dating, what are some things you learned about yourself?
Speaker 12: Having a man of God is really important because that just shapes their character. They're just they fear God, so they're not about to do things that's like out of But that's.
Speaker 9: A great point. So you don't even fear God. You're not gonna fear me exactly. So that was like my number one thing. And I was really just wanting.
Speaker 12: Someone that's so sweet and I feel like he's just so sweet.
Speaker 9: And caring, and those are the no rules, Like I didn't really.
Speaker 1: What about looks, how it looks, come into.
Speaker 13: It, it's key, Okay, Yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: Can you dance?
Speaker 9: Yeah you can't. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that a big deal for you because you're a great dancers.
Speaker 12: Honestly, it wasn't something that I cared about, but like we've been out and has like dance together and.
Speaker 9: Like people didn't even know like who it was or nothing, and it was just.
Speaker 13: Us and and I'm just like, yo, this is so fun. I've never had a partner I could like dance with like this and it's really fun.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you Danny lady.
Speaker 3: You know, it's always good to see you, I know, and I felt like this was a nice It was I walking yesterday like this.
Speaker 9: Is the first time if people haven't felt nervous for every time. So I'm just so happy.
Speaker 1: Thank you, of course, thank you.
Speaker 3: Check out that pH interview on my YouTube channel Way Up with You when we come back into your show, so you have the last word.
Speaker 2: To get your voice heard with the word he is the last word on Way Up with Angela.
Speaker 1: Yee, yeah, what's good his Way Up with Angela?
Speaker 10: Ye?
Speaker 3: My boy, I Keen Wedge is here today. You've been walking a lot I have. It's so good for you.
Speaker 4: Fifty blocks today, wow.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna are you gonna walk fifty blocks back home.
Speaker 4: If it's not rainy, Yeah, it's not raining, then I guess.
Speaker 1: I love that for you. That's beautiful. I feel like walking. You see so much that.
Speaker 4: You normally one city to walk in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes I mean.
Speaker 4: When the weather's bad and whatever, but also when.
Speaker 3: It's like two crowded outside. Sometimes walking down certain streets, it's.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it is a bit much, but I but I like it. I love the hustle and bustle of New York.
Speaker 1: You know. I love a good walk too. I have you walking with me sometimes. Let's go a little walk, all right, and make sure you'll go outside.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Dan Late for joining us today. I appreciate that song La Familia is out right now. Also have an announcement to make tomorrow, waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting to make. But I'll tell you it has to do what Angelau day. That's all I'll say.
Speaker 4: That's exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, make sure you follow me on social media a keyboard announcement E. E. M.
Speaker 5: Woods and I'll tell you Angela's announcement early.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I mean hopefully everybody knows.
Speaker 3: It's in August at some point now at this time, it's been going on for years, yes, but yet, so stay tuned for that.
Speaker 1: I'm excited.
Speaker 3: You guys check out our YouTube channel Way up with you, and of course you know this is your show, so you have the list.
Speaker 11: I was adopted and my cousin we kind of booked up well, like if we were adopted. I didn't want to stay up for the new body, but I just had to get it off my chest. That's been bothering me for a while. But was that wrong?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 8: Its brick from the West Bank. I want to sign a light on the whole city at New Orleans because we have been doing good, Our children have been doing good, our events have been doing good, and I just want to shine out of the city because we pop in.
Speaker 1: Let's go in
Speaker 2: Home, going way out, turn out with angela Ye