Speaker 1: What is happening to everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome to a Wednesday edition of Texans All Access from the Texans Radio Studio. I'm your host, John Harris, Football on the sideline reporter for your Houston Texans jam Packed. On the show today, we're going men behind the Mics in their second hour with the guy that Mark vandermir knows really, really well. Now it's not the play by play voice of the Dolphins, Jimmy Seffalo, but it's Joe Rose, the game analyst for the Miami Dolphins, who Mark has known for a long long time, dating back to Mark's days with the Miami Hurricane.
Speaker 1: So Joe Rose will join us a little later in the show.
Speaker 2: Drew Doherty's gonna join us for in the lab as we give you the cream of the crop players that have to have to play well. Now you wonder why we call them the cream of the crop players, It's basically because Drew had a SoundBite he really liked from Macho Man Randy Savage, and so he kind of spun that sound bite into part of a segment on our podcast in the lap.
Speaker 1: So which players need to step up?
Speaker 2: We give you two, So that'd be a little later in the show as well. Our next segment, we're also gonna talk to k three. Kamari Lassiter is gonna stop by the show. He stopped by studio for the first time. Had a great, great, great conversation with Kamari. Absolutely get You know what's funny when we go through all this draft process and the one thing that I'm not able to do is talk with these guys the teams get to But every time after we have spoken with a rookie or young guy on the team and they leave the studio when they're done, I look at Mark and go, I get it.
Speaker 1: I understand completely.
Speaker 2: And I thought this already about Kamari, but spending you know, good ten to twelve minutes with him, just talking about football, talking about life, his mom. I looked at Market said, Taw, I totally get it. I totally completely understand what Nick and Dimico saw with with Kamari last yer.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 2: So we'll get Kamari in the next segment. But we kick off every Wednesday show with the Man the Myth. General manager Nick Caserio love ever love the fact that we could spend every Wednesday with him, and obviously we had to ask him about the big news Now.
Speaker 1: We talked with Nick on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Nothing has been decided at North Carolina about Bill Belichick, but there are a lot of rumors flying out there about what could happen in North Carolina, so obviously we had to get Nick's thoughts on it, and a lot of other things as well, including the Miami Dolphins. The scouting report is here. Buckle up, let's go. It's Nick with Mark and myself.
Speaker 3: In studio with US Executive vice president and general manager Nick Cassario. Nick, back from the bye.
Speaker 1: How was it for you, fellas good to be here like we never left. Yeah, it is like we never left. He probably, that's right.
Speaker 2: You were even coming in here on Sunday because you're a family Evan energy arena.
Speaker 4: My youngest daughter had a cheerlead competition, so she was here at seven o'clock Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, does that part of game day.
Speaker 4: She did a great job. She's did an awesome job. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: That's got to be stressful to watch, though.
Speaker 1: More for my wife.
Speaker 4: I'm just there and I just let him go through it. She's hooting, hollering, screaming, So it was awesome.
Speaker 1: It was really good.
Speaker 2: It's cool to go through that with her, to be able to be there to have the bye week.
Speaker 1: You know, we've talked about all.
Speaker 2: The negative things about having a bie weeks so late, everybody so tired, fatigue, but timing works that you get a chance to be there for that.
Speaker 4: No, last we had a chance to do that on Sunday, and then it was the middle of the week. Later in the day our middle daughter had a soccer game, so to be able to go over there and watch her play soccer. So lose sights sometimes like we have a job to do, but we're also husbands, fathers, dads, I mean, so I want to make sure we don't lose sight of what's important.
Speaker 3: Is there a time of year where you really unplug. Is it that break between mini camp and training.
Speaker 4: Yes, once you get through call, it may into June. So really June called middle of June to middle of July is literally unwined nothing. The building's empty, everybody's away, and that's the opportunity to really just be away from football, understanding the rigors of what's going to be in front of us.
Speaker 2: There was some talk last year Nick and I don't know if you want to speak to this or not, but that time is pretty important because families are getting out of school. Kids are getting out of school, so you get that chance. Well, there was some talk last year about kind of moving the off season, kind of changing around, and I remember seeing a couple of things from scouts that were unnamed, like, man, if we lose that time, holy cow, what are we ever going to be with our families?
Speaker 4: The one thing we all learned being the NFL, you'll adjust and adapt to whatever the situation. The circumstances are. There will likely be some level of discussion in the offseason about how to best structure it. So whatever the rules are, we'll be prepared for either way, and we adapt and adjust. In this league, that's probably a hallmark of a lot of people that are doing this all right.
Speaker 3: So not to ask for a state of the Union here, Nick, but we're going into a really tough three games stretch, nothing more important than Sunday against the Miami Dolphins and coming off the by what are your observations and thoughts as you embark on the final four games of the regular season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good opportunity last week for the team to just really get away. Honestly, for our situation less was more so we didn't practice. We came in out on Monday, met went through some things, and it was really best for everybody to just kind of take a step away, kind of take inventory. Coach, that an opportunity to go through some of the film, you do a little bit of the self scout. What are some of the things that we talked about this even going into last week. What are some of the things that we've done well, What can we improve upon, What are some things that we might be might be able to implement on the margins. So teams in a good spot came in the other day trying to treat normal Tuesday as a normal off day and then get back ready to go Wednesday, Thursday, Friday a normal week, if you will. And then once we get through the Miami game, then the timing will be a little bit different. So all we can do is control what's in front of us, which is Miami understanding. On the back end of that, we'll have to make some modifications and adjustments for the next few games.
Speaker 2: So Christian Harris Kenyon Green, you know, that was a little bit of a talking point about coming back to practice Kenyan, we obviously have seen play this year. Christian, we've not seen play this year. Last game we played was that game against the Ravens. It's a long time for your body to not be callous to the physicality of the NFL. Nick, what are your thoughts about just each one of them and what they might possibly be able to bring and what they bring back to practice.
Speaker 4: Anytime you're away from football, there's always going to be an adjustment period. So to your point, Kenyan has had an opportunity really went through training camp, he played eight to nine games, whatever it was, missed a period of time. We'll see where he is physically. Christian's just missed a lot of football. They're no one's fault, of anybody's fault. It's just a reality of where we are. So what we try to do when we prepare the athlete is monitor as best we can their loads, what they're going through. Are they physically ready for what a normal practice would look like. The game is a separate stimulus, So if in fact he is ready to play and does end up playing a game, that'll be another step. So nobody's going to get everything back all at once, So you have to take proper steps along the way. Christian has had a good ass attitude despite what he's had to go through. We'll go through the week of practice, we'll evaluate it, and then we'll try to make the decision that makes the most sense for the team comes Sunday.
Speaker 2: You talked about this before about monitoring players.
Speaker 1: Is that more week to week or is that more cumulative.
Speaker 4: It's twofold, Johnny, So we look at it during the course of the week. You're just trying to get e gauged of what a player's normal workload is. You kind of set a baseline and then you're able to evaluate that on a weekly basis. Is he doing more? Is he doing less? We have to do a little bit extra. Is you reaching a certain level of speed during the course of practice, Because whatever you do in practice, you want to make sure you're prepared if you're to put your body through that in the course of a game. So practice becomes reality. So you're not going to do something in a game that you haven't done in practice. So you just want to be as prepared as you can physically. But we do to your question, we monitor all that and it's really just to kind of get a baseline understanding of where the player is, so we understand if we're taxing them more, taxing them less, or just we need to increase his workloads some degree.
Speaker 3: All right, going over some things in no particular order here, we're talking about the tight end group and Kate Stover. Kate has done a really good job for you, full back, tight end, whatever he's doing out there. And Schultz obviously Irv Smith played against the Jaguars. Andrew Beck is back in the organization. What about that whole group, Nick, Yeah, we've.
Speaker 4: Had to make some adjustments as we have gone through the season. So started the year with Brevin Brevin like he's going to have significant impact on the offense. Unfortunately got hurt. So then we had a pivot in diven direction. We brought Teagan back. So Teagan was here in training camp, missed some time with the injury, was able to give us a handful of games whatever it was.
Speaker 1: Irv has kind of been here for a period of time.
Speaker 4: Ors an experienced player who's his career has kind of evolved. He's kind of been at a couple different places. He's kind of changed kind of the type of player that he is now relative to what he was coming out. But he is a very professional kid, works really hard, he's got a good attitude, went in the game and Matt was actually able to execute some of his assignments. So and Andrew has experience in our program in a variety of different levels. So at some point, whoever is in the building, there's a good chance we're probably going to need him, like we've talked about. So Detroy Harrison's given us some plays as well. In the kicking game. We activated him for whatever week that was, and then he went and played made an impact play in a kicking game. So our depth is if it's not on the roster, it's off the roster, and at some point we're likely going to have to use everybody, and those are two I'd say. HER's a really good example, especially late in a week, getting called up and he went on there and played competitively against the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about it today because I just saw Kaid a little while ago, was chatting with him for a second and I looked on the wall and I see on the wall we have offense defense special needs players of each win and you look up there and you're like, wait, kid's up there. Well, that's especially teve tackle he made against the Colts. He's done some things on special teams. He had to tackle the other day against Jacksonville. How important has that been to adding to the mix, whether you guys thought he could do it or not.
Speaker 4: When you're drafted, well, you increase your overall value to the team if you can handle multitude of roles. So in Kid's particular case, started his career on a defensive side of all, transition to a tight end, so he has a little bit of a defensive mentality. But he's got good playing strength, he's got good athleticism, and he runs well. He's tough, he's physical, he's shown the ability to make tackles in space, so in a backup capacity, sort of hybrid role, and then also have value in the kicking game. I would say Brevan is a good example of a player who really improved significantly in a kicking game. We were counting on him as much as we were offensively for a role in the kicking game as well. So anytime you can do anything to increase your overall value to the team, then it's certainly going to make a difference.
Speaker 3: How about the offensive line coming off that performance against the Jaguars, what you did in the second half and moving forward out of the buy playing the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that group has done a pretty good job really since the Jets game. We've kind of shored up some things protection wise, and we've been able to run the ball. So you'll kind of see where we are at and Kenyan back in the mix. You know, players like Zach Thomas have gotten some different reps at different points. We've had a number of players that have kind of been in and out, so similar to the tight end position, a good chance we probably need everybody there in the offensive line, but I mean the mainstay is kind of been to two tackles in shack and any inside players we've kind of had to rotate to some degree from center to left guard.
Speaker 1: So kind of see where we are here moving forward. Defensive line.
Speaker 2: Last week, no sacks, but maybe it wasn't a game that was kind of conduced to that. Max seem like he was getting the ball out obviously, you know, after Trevor went out, you what's your thought about kind of how all that's now, you know, coming together, you know, with Mario coming back off the suspension, with de Nico, back guys that were banged up. Will was banged up and now he's back. How do you that kind of the mix of what you've got on the front.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's probably been as as consistent and productive a group as we've had on a football team. They've all played, they've all impacted the game and their varying roles to some degree. So the fact that we kind of have all of them was kind of see where Fully is at some point, would expect to see him back on the field. So he certainly brings a presence on the inside part of the defense from a run perspective. So that group overall has been fairly productive and it's good to have them all available.
Speaker 3: What do you want to see from the offense overall?
Speaker 2: Here, Nick, as we get into the final four games of the regular season, more consistency, I would imagine.
Speaker 3: But what are you looking for?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think you allude to it.
Speaker 4: Mark, that's a big thing as an overall team is just playing consistent football, trying to play good, clean football from start to finish. So we've done it in spurts, We've done it at different quarters, done it in parts.
Speaker 1: Of the half.
Speaker 4: The areas that are going to have an impact on winning moving forward. Are going to be the turnover margin, how that goes production on third down, and then how you perform in a red area. So when you look across the league, typically the teams that perform the best in those areas start the ones that are going to put themselves in a pretty good position. Would say, from our perspective, those are probably three tangible areas. If we can just make some incremental improvements, it's going to help the overall football team. And then just maintain a certain level of performance in the kicking game. So that's a big thing. And each week is going to present its own challenges. So the challenge in front of us here is Miami and what they provide, well, we'll talk about them here in a minute, but overall as a team is just playing good, consistent football from start to finish, and then we'll see where we are at the end of the game.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know exactly where we're going.
Speaker 2: We're done with the state of the Union stuff about the Dolphins, the team that's won a few in a row.
Speaker 1: To his back, Tyreek Jalen names that we know.
Speaker 2: But defensively, they did some some decent things last week against the Jets.
Speaker 1: He's got a reported in Miami Dolphins. Yeah, really good football team. This is this is a playoff team.
Speaker 4: So last year they went eleven and six, made the playoffs, and a lot of players that were on that team, you know, were on the current team here. Tua makes a significant difference when he's available. He's he's played as well as any quarterback in the league since he's returned from the injury. I think he leads a league in completion percentage. He's very accurate with the football. His ball placement is exceptional, and there's a timing element to their passing game, and he does a really good job takes care of football. I think he's only he's got seventeen and four something like that. He's completing seventy plus percent of his passes, which that's a good place to start. So offensively, they just present a lot of problems because of their speed. You know, when you look at they really have four players that have fifty plus catches in including eight chain so between a Chane, John U, Tyreek and Waddle, all four of them, when they get the ball in their hands, they can literally score touchdowns. So the speed and the stress that they put on the defense presents significant challenges. So they've got good skill John who's really come on here over the last however many weeks, John who's always been a good catch and run player, A couple of players there. At the end of the Jets game, we're illustrated that I took the two screens and he ate up twenty five to thirty yards before he got touched. So they certainly put a lot of stress on the defense from the skill positions, and you know, a chain makes a difference both in the passing game in a running game. And then Moster's done a good job. They got some snaps out of right and the offensive line, mostly on the perimeter. They've had some injuries they've had to deal with Los Jackson, Tron didn't play last week, Armstead and or He came out to probably be available. But the inside they've been kind of the same core three groups. So it's a really good offense that can score points in a hurry. And then defensively, you know, coach Weaver comes over from Baltimore, so he implemented some different things. Starts with the front. They've got a lot of really good individual players, probably a couple guys are one particular play doesn't give her a lot of notoriety, which he should at siler as good as any defensive lineman in a league period. And here's a good example. Played Division two football Fair of State, late round seven round pick whatever. He was started screing in Baltimore and he's made himself into a really really good football player. So between him and Jones inside, and then that's say Chop has got kind of similar to Smith on often, but Chop Robinson has really come on, can stress the offense with his with his rush ability, looks like they're gonna get chubbed back. So they got a good front with Jordan Brooks leaves in the tackles, who's fast, like a really fast linebacker over one hundred tackles, excuse me. Then Ramsey is basically a matchup piece, matchup tool. He can line up anywhere, plays in a perimeter, plays inside the formation. But looks like they've kind of settled on him on a perimeter with Cahou inside and Fuller. And then Hollin's a really good young player. And they brought Poyer over from Buffalo, who's there's a second leading tackler. So this is I mean, this is a really good football team. Like we talked about eleven and six last year, there are maybe not quite where they thought they were going to be, but they've played really good football here as of late. So I mean we're preparing to play, you know, one of the better teams on our schedule, which is what they are.
Speaker 3: Well, when you look at a guy like Kalais Campbell, who it seems like he should have retired ten years ago, Nick, but he's still playing and he's still playing well for them. When you analyze players like that, what is it? Is it the way they take care of their body is a genetics? I mean, what do you determine is the factor.
Speaker 4: A going And he's as consistent and professional as a player as there is, and he's available, so he always starts with availability. So he's obviously done enough things to make sure that he's there for his teammates every Sunday, and he's done that over the course of his career. And just his length is six to seven three hundred pounds. Their Harvardman thirty five thirty six inch arms presents a lot of problems, but in a true professional like leadership, even even though he's only been there probably for a year. My suspicion is he's had a significant imprint on the overall program from a leadership standpoint. So a lot of respect for kalayis anytime you play that number of years, you can't put tip of your hat to a player like that at what he brings to the team.
Speaker 2: Tyrek and Jalen, do you guys We talked about it being fast when we talk about eight chan and right those guys are running back of a different element because of the speed. But with Tyrek and Jalen, and I asked us of the Miko in a kind of a sense like we know they're fast, but what makes them problematic? Like we've seen fast guys before that can't be they just don't make plays. But these guys are fast, and it's like their speed allows them to make plays.
Speaker 1: What makes them so difficult?
Speaker 4: Well, they're fast time speed, and they play fast and they play with urgency and they both have a combination of speed and or short space quickness, so they can get away from the defense lot it can get away from coverage line of scrimm. It's Tyreek transitions with the ball in an instant after the catch, So their ability to accelerate with the ball when they get into their hands to play at their speed, that's what I would say, is as taxing as anything else. And you see it when they both had over one hundred catches or whatever was last year, it was.
Speaker 1: A lot this year with two out, you know, a little bit different.
Speaker 4: But you've seen over the last however many weeks they've made a significant impact on the offense.
Speaker 3: It seems like when they can't run the ball well and I know they want to run it better, they just go with that short passing game, right, that high percentage completion stuff.
Speaker 1: It's really an extension in a running game.
Speaker 4: So given an overtime, going back to the game the other day, they had two screens of John Who and they threw a screen day chain and they were basically in a red area. So sometimes those plays are not breather plays, but they're an extension of the running game. They're just plays they get to the perimeter of the defense. So there's certain there's good a screen team, at least a perimeter screen team as there is in the league. I mean Kansas City probably put them up there. It's a more traditional kind of screen team which you'll see here, you know, in a few weeks.
Speaker 1: But they do a good job with the passing game.
Speaker 4: They mix and match a little bit, and TUA does a good job not only on the screens, but of just taking what the defense gives them and then throwing a catchable ball and then give them their skill players an opportunity to transition with the ball after the catch.
Speaker 2: I know you'd like to be good in both areas, but maybe against this group it's I mean, maybe you can't be.
Speaker 1: But what's going to be more important this week?
Speaker 2: Nick being good on first and second down or taking away the explosives.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like you want to be able to do both.
Speaker 4: The answer is yes, yes, but it always starts with first down production, so because that puts you in a position where you're in more advantageous but by the same token, long yardage, they have the ability to launch the ball over your head if you if you give that opportunity to do so, so first down production. I'm sure we'll talk about this on Sunday. It was certainly going to be the kid at this game, and I would say, you know what, these two teams offensively, it's certainly going to be at the forefront.
Speaker 3: All right, a couple of wild card questions before. Okay, college football, we're in a playoff. Now, how is it for you, because you've analyzed college football for a long time to see an actual bracket. When I saw the bracket, I just thought, oh, we are in another era now, So how do you see this and how does it affect what you do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like the NCAA tournament, so when brackets come out, so it's interesting. Sure, they're kind of experimenting with what's the best formula. I'm sure there discussion about who made it, who didn't make it. Looks like are trying to save on travel with Notre Dame in Indiana playing right next to each other. But what you see is you see a lot of good football teams. Was you know, we actually started our kind of first round draft meetings here in preparation for the draft, which I know when I talk about the draft, we will be at some point. But you know, so it'll be fun. I'm sure it'll be exciting. Adds a little bit more to the bowl games, the meaning of the actual bowl games. And then you know's a handful of teams or four teams whatever it was to have to buy. So it'll be fun. I'm sure the fans will. We'll watch and tune in to some of the matchups, look, which look pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: We could talk the draft if you want. We can't talk draft, like wait, knife to my heart. So let's stick with college football. And you might be the perfect person. We've asked almost everybody because we saw this rumor that's floating out there about your former boss potentially taking over at North Carolina, which when people see it, go, what mind blown? North Carolina not the NFL, And then you start thinking about a little bit like, you know what college is moving towards the NFL well, and Bill's always seemingly kind of found an inefficiency somewhere to take advantage of, and there aren't a lot of college teams that are doing it like NFL teams, And that's what it looks.
Speaker 1: Like he's doing.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts about if you potentially would take this job in North Carolina.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whatever's going on externally, I would just say, from you know, Bill's perspective, Bill enjoys coaching, and he enjoys teaching, which at the end, that's what coaching is all about. And what better group to impact than eighteen to twenty one year old kids. But the landscape as a whole, you're seeing a lot of overlap between college and pro football. How you set up a roster. The NYL collective is essentially a salary cap, so you have X amount of resources that you can allocate to certain players. You essentially have free agency with the transfer portal, So there's a lot of probably more elements than people realize. So not exactly sure what's going to happen in that situation, but probably people shouldn't be as surprised as they might be, just relative to you know, Bill can basically coach probably any sport and be really good at it, regardless of the level. So it interesting kind of but there's just a lot of overlap between college and pro football, more so than probably people realize.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of these teams have general managers. Now, you know, Adrian Andrew luck going back to Stamford to do that, I guess you got to be really good at excel if you do that, So I'd be bad at this. You know, you got to be really organized.
Speaker 1: Excel is critical.
Speaker 4: No, you bring up Andrew Luckcker, there's a good example, even you kind of have a college front office, so whether it's a general manager kind of overseeing certain elements of the program. A lot of college programs out kind of a director of player of personnel, which kind of helps oversee recruiting. So again, you're seeing a lot of crossover and a lot of carryover, more so than you've probably seen in recent years. And you have a number of coaches that have worked in both arenas. You know, look at Boston College coach O'Brien in his experience in the NFL. Well mus Champ, who's at Georgia right now, has worked both in the NFL and college. You have coach Saban is another good example. So it's interesting time in collegiate sports. But there's probably more similarities than there are similarities.
Speaker 2: Has that changed y'all's approach and how you guys go about scouting and how you go about your writing reports and things like that.
Speaker 1: Has that changed at all? You're cognizant and aware of it.
Speaker 4: And it was funny we were talking about this, So, all right, some players are multi school transfers, So what's the reason behind that. Some players have been allocated resources because of the analic collective, so they're essentially making number of dollars. So one anything, it's just having an awareness and understanding. It doesn't necessarily affect the evaluation of the player. It just creates a little bit more context into the overall profile that goes into the prospect.
Speaker 3: All right, another wild card question. There was an event in Houston last weekend sumo wrestling.
Speaker 1: Hear me out that one. Hear me out. Hear me out. I talked at Parsons about this.
Speaker 3: The average weight is three twenty five and you've seen sumo wrestling. This had to be tried before.
Speaker 1: Where was this, I don't know. It was in Houston somewhere.
Speaker 3: I read it in the chronicle and I just thought, why aren't these guys looked at? Maybe maybe they are, you can tell me, because I know that there's a lot of efforts out there to find international players in the NFL. But three twenty five, Nick, and they're just I mean, they're going at each other, and maybe there's some balance and some traits that can carry over there.
Speaker 4: We got low center of gravity like that about the only thing I can think of. Okay, maybe the NFL can actually the international Pathway program of international players so maybe they can find a similar wrestler part of that here at some.
Speaker 1: Point that's probably the next that'd be the next step.
Speaker 4: Out between that, and then we'll be playing games in China as a results. Okay, don't worry about that's no, that's that's coming regardless. I got a feelings all the different places we could play. But something we were talking about earlier, we're talking about Brevin Jordan. It got me thinking about looking at players and projecting players like a like assumer wrestler or just somebody different in saying, Okay, this guy has been a tight end at such and such a place.
Speaker 2: I was watching Matt Locke. The other was Matt Locke, the kid with defensive tack chargers. Yeah, bois defensive tackle. Thats transition full back, exactly like Recard with the Ravens. How tough is that, Nick, to look at a player and go, he plays linebacker. We don't think he's a linebacker. He might be a fullback, or he might be a I don't know, Troy Harrison tight end Trump. How difficult is that to kind of look at somebody and go, no, you're not going to be that, You're going to be this.
Speaker 1: How does that kind of how difficult. No, it's interesting.
Speaker 4: You can't necessarily strapolate every player, Well he can't play this position, we're going to transition to something else. A lot of it has to do with mindset and the vision of the coaching staff, whether or not you have enough of an open mind to consider player like that. Even go back to my time in New England, we had Landon Roberts was he was playing that, he wasn't playing, he was a backup. Then we used him a little bit of fullback. Now he's a better linebacker than he as a fullback. But some players embrace it and if that's their best opportunity to get on the field and play, then go ahead and do it.
Speaker 1: So you never want a pigeonhole guy.
Speaker 4: You want to stay open minded, but you have to be careful of it doesn't work out here, well, we're just automatically going to make him this so it happens. And i'd say those two cases, you know, Matt Locke, Rickard is as good of an example. There's a guy defensive tackle didn't work out or he played, but he found kind of a perfect Niche a perfect offense. Not a guy's a Pro Bowl fullback or whatever he's been.
Speaker 2: Man, you guys did it all the time. Troy Brown, Julian Adaman playing Nick Cole.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, you guys are all ten touchdown catches. You're just trying to maximize your roster. You only get X number of players that you can take to the game each week. So if you can create more versatility for yourself, if that helps the team, then increase the overall value of what you're trying to do.
Speaker 3: And you could be a sumo wrestler and play and never mind, We'll see how that goes. Nick, thanks a lot for joining us, Good luck this week.
Speaker 1: Thanks fellas.
Speaker 2: We always one percent of time have a blast talking with Nick all the different topics we can get into.
Speaker 1: Appreciate him for stopping by each and every week.
Speaker 2: He don't have to do that, but man, we love it when he does, and we appreciate it every single time. Kamara Laster has not had a chance to step into studio like Nick does, but he did today and it is awesome stuff. Kamara Laster joins us next right here on Texas All Access the Man, It's.
Speaker 1: Texans All Access Time. I'm your host.
Speaker 2: Sean Harricks for playing on a sideline reporter, and it's time to talk with the man known as K three. Kamario last year and I were number three in college, and so that's what it came from. But I believe I've heard Kamari you talk about this. We may have asked him in a phone interview, y K three. I think he's been wearing three ever since. He wears four now because there's a really good wide receiver. Where's three that beat him here by a year that being tanked out? So Kamari wears four and he mixed it up on Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Man he got after it, and he has made a ton of plays for this team. Three interceptions through the first thirteen games, not even through his rookie season. He has been all that and a bag of chips.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: He has been really, really good.
Speaker 2: So when he sat down in the chair across from Mark and I and we just fired questions at him, he just went to work. He is fantastic on the mic, he's great in the field. So lucky to have the young man from seven at Georgia on with us.
Speaker 3: Right now, Kamori last Nar joining us in studio Kamari, great to see it's your first visit to the Hundae Texans radio studio.
Speaker 6: Yes, serious, my first time.
Speaker 3: The Maiden Voyage. Well, how's the rookie season going? Apparently pretty good looking at the numbers. I know you're out for a little bit, but you're back and you're playing well.
Speaker 7: Yes, serious, A blessing to be on his team, blessing to be able to play with the guys I play, and I just like to go out there and play fast and play physical.
Speaker 2: So against Jacksonville, I said this to coach Ryan's the other day.
Speaker 1: You were involved in the run game a lot, and it it appears just watching.
Speaker 2: The game like you like that part of the game, Like you appreciate that part of the game where there are a lot of guys that play your position, are like no, no, no, I'm gonna cover that guy, but that tackling is not my thing. But you were diving into plays and making plays in the run game.
Speaker 1: How much do you take pride in that part of the game, Kamari.
Speaker 7: I feel like that's just a part that's always been a part of me, you know, since I started playing a little league. You know, my mom used to always tell me big hits all day. So physicality was just something that was always a part of me. And uh, even when I got to Georgia, you know, coach mart super physical coach. You know, he wants us to come up and make tackle. So I mean when I translated to the league, so I mean, I just go in there and I just throw myself on fire.
Speaker 3: Comark, when they drafted you, a lot of people labeled you, He's a Nike gol. He's going to be a nickel on this team. And that was from the outside end. And then you get to OTAs and you're covering guys. Really well, you're playing outside. How did all that take place for you? What was that like as you became outside instead of playing nickel.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, you know, in college, I played outside, but uh, I always got reps in nickel, and I played a game in two a nickel in college. But I always just probed myself on being a football player, you know. So I mean I feel like, you know, I just played football, play defense. So it's not really a single position that I could just label myself too. If they need me to play outside, I play outside. I need to play nickel. I played Nickel. If I need to play back, I could play back or doesn't matter. I just want to be on the field.
Speaker 1: So you say that very nonchalantly.
Speaker 2: But there was one game in particular that you played inside in twenty twenty three at Georgia, in one game that I watched a lot, and there was a reason you played inside m HM and his name was Luther burden right that.
Speaker 1: Game against Miaszoo. Yes, sir, that's when because your snaps.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty three almost all of them are outside. But then that game you played inside against Luther Burdon. That's when I was convinced Kamari that Okay, this dude's gonna be able to play in the league because if you could take on that challenge, no matter where he lines up, that's where you're lining up. Was that kind of the role for you that day? And how much did you kind of relish that, whether it was inside or outside, you had him and you were going against him all day long. What are the best receivers in the country.
Speaker 7: Well, that's what I asked for at the beginning of the week. I remember asking coach fran My Corners.
Speaker 6: Coach.
Speaker 7: I was like, coach can you talked to coach Martin, let me follow him, and he was like, you know, he travels all over the field. And I was like, I don't care. And Coach Martin, he was all good with it. I had already been familiar with Nickel. He gave me a lot of reps, you know, coming in, so I was already familiar with it. And I just went out there, studied the film Playball, and uh, you know left it on the field.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of guys here from the SEC obviously. And what is it about that? Because you came in here and it didn't seem like the moment was too big at all for you. You rose to the occasion from day one. Is playing at Georgia a big part of that? It's got to be? And what else about you got you ready for that limelight here in the NFL so young?
Speaker 7: I feel like playing at Georgia is a huge part of it. I mean, Coach mart put us through every situation possible to be ready for this moment. You know, he puts us through you know, rigorous practices, meetings are very extensive.
Speaker 6: You know, you're learning a lot of football. I learned a lot of football at Georgia.
Speaker 7: So whenever I got to the league, it was almost like I'm just picking up where I left off. And a lot of guys that I'm playing with or around I've either played against before while I was watching them play in the SEC. So it's kind of like we all kind of have the same mindset because you know, in college is different than SEC. You know, there's a lot more physical. The game just means a lot more. So just coming in here it wasn't really much. I mean, at the end of the day, you know, it's football. I've been playing football since I was three, So it was really just me proven it to myself that you know, I'm here for a reason.
Speaker 2: I thought about you a little bit in Week two we played the Bears on Sunday night. I was like, you know, the light talk will be too bright. You played in every big game imaginable that you could in college. You played in front one hundred of thousands, you with Tennessee or back home at Georgia, and you get your first interception. That had to be pretty special, though, to get your first NFL interception on that Sunday night, all your Georgia guys watching you make that, what was that, like, did you get a big response from your Georgia guys congratulating you after that getting that first interception against the Bears.
Speaker 6: Man, it was a great moment. It was at home.
Speaker 7: I remember, I got the I got the book, and then first thing I looked for I looked for my mom in the stands and just being able to just run down to the side to the end zone and have all the guys coming with me and we all celebrate and everyone was just so happy for me. It just showed me how much we were really connected. And then even after the game, I just had a lot of messages from guys who I played with, guys who coached me, or anything from all the.
Speaker 6: Way from the Little League all the way up until college. So you know, a.
Speaker 2: Couple hundred, three hundred hun or a few hundred coming into your inbox for sure, that's all Comario.
Speaker 3: I'm always curious about this with rookies. You have that entire offseason before your rookie season where you have the pre draft stuff and the workouts, and then you have the rookie camp and OTAs. We came to camp early here in Houston in mid July for the Hall of Fame Game and all of that. How do you feel physically right now coming into the most important stretch of the year, and here we are with four games to go in the regular season.
Speaker 7: I mean, I would say, you know, it has been a long time since the last time I played a football game at Georgia. All up until now, it's been go, go, go, go go. But going into that, you know, I already knew that's what it was gonna be, So I already had my mind prepared, and uh, you know, we're coming off of bye week, which was kind of crucial. I mean, it was a long stretch before, but the bye week came, I feel like at a good time, and I feel like, you know, I'm ready to go tomorrow.
Speaker 1: What's that secondary room been like? You've got Sting who doesn't say a whole lot.
Speaker 2: It just goes out there on balls, but just when you guys are in there watching film and you're watching some things he does and you're watching some things you guys do.
Speaker 1: What's that room like? Is a good supportive group?
Speaker 2: Is a group you can learn from because are some vets in there that have been around and seen some things.
Speaker 1: What's that secondary room.
Speaker 3: Like for you?
Speaker 7: I mean the room is The room is, first off, is extremely funny. There's a lot of guys in the room that just you wouldn't think they're the funnier.
Speaker 6: It is just hilarious.
Speaker 7: I mean, we were so connected. We like playing with each other, we like playing for each other. So I just feel like, you know, from staying to Jimmy to CB even going to e Murray Patriots out there, I mean, it's just a lot of guys who play who played really good football, and we play what we play with a lot of passions. So it's just like, I know he's going to do his thing, so now just motivates me more to go do my thing.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: What about playing the Dolphins and everything they've got at wide receiver here, there's a lot of speed, a lot of tough guys to cover.
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean they're a really good team, really explosive offense, starting with a quarterback, really accurate guy, been watching him since he was at Bama. And then you got the two guys on the outside. You got Tyreek Hill obviously, and then you got Jase and waldall right beside him. So I mean you already know what you're getting yourself into. Explosive guys who can run routes and make explosive players after the catch. So it's just you gotta be got to have the right mindset going into the game, knowing what you're about to get into and just going out there and being a dog comar.
Speaker 2: We've talked about this market as we've been around here for a long time. We've never seen a bye week this late in the year, your rookie year. So it's the only thing you knew. But or was it to get to buy? How good was it to just kind of step back and mentally just released for a little bit physically your body, give it a chance to not play for a weekend.
Speaker 1: What was the by like for you?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: The bill was pretty smooth. I did. I didn't do a lot of traveling.
Speaker 7: I spent a little bit of time here just resting, spending time with my family, and then I went back home to Georgia and I spent a little bit more time with family, and then after that it's time to come back.
Speaker 3: What was it like growing up in Georgia? But you go to high school in Tuscaloosa, right, and then back to Georgia because that's where you're from. But was it a temptation at all to play at Alabama or Auburn or in Alabama school.
Speaker 7: I would say they recruited me pretty well, but Georgia was my last offer, so it was really it really annoyed me, like Kirby annoyed.
Speaker 6: He annoyed the crap out of me because he was my last offer.
Speaker 7: Had I had been to Georgia a couple of times before COVID hit, did a camp, did pretty well, talked to him and he just waited. It waited, and I remember I had to send videos of Georgia just because it was and they would just make me, you know, go through a little bit more than other schools went through that I had to go through other schools, and it just really just put some in my like put some in my mind, and like I'm going back to Georgia, even though the whole time I look he wanted to go back to Georgia and beginning, but I just wanted to prove it to myself. They're like, yeah, like I can play at Georgia. I can help, you know, because they hadn't won any Natties before we got there, but they were really good. And I was like I can be a part of the solution and go help us win championships. And I just put that in my mind. I told my parents. They all for it.
Speaker 2: So when I asked you about the year, you didn't win a Natty last year, and I know it's a bad thing for you guys. You lose by three in SEC Championship to Alabama. Alabama gets into the playoff, you guys don't. So you end up going to the Orange Bowl and you play another team that famously did not get in there. That's Florida State. And Florida State has a dozen or more guys, maybe we might have been two dozen guys. They aren't playing that game because they're mad, they're moving on the NFL, et cetera. You at that point, I don't know if you decided you were going on the NFL, but you decided to play that game. And there was a lot made about that that you decided to play that game instead of you know what, Floors State.
Speaker 1: Guys are out, NFL guys are out. You know what I'm playing? Hey, why did you decide to play that game?
Speaker 2: And b when you talk to NFL people afterwards, how much did they ask you about playing in that game, and why.
Speaker 7: I would say the reason I played the game is because it was a game.
Speaker 6: It was a game on our schedule. I was still at Georgia.
Speaker 7: I felt like, you know, I came here to go to school and play football, and there's a game on our schedule, and I'm completely healthy, so why would I not play. On top of that, we had lost our last game and I refused to just in my career at Georgia with a L like that. I mean, it was already we had lost a game and then they bowed us out the playoffs, so it was already a lot on our minds. And then on top of that, I just felt like I just wanted to play with the guys one more time, you know, because I had already knew in the back of my head. I talked to coach, talk to my family like I'm gonna come out. I felt like I had a good year, so I just wanted to play with the guys one more time. I'm like, we just go out with an L like I want to play with y'all. Let's go get a dub let's go enjoy Miami, let's go win, and then let let it be that.
Speaker 2: Did you sense that because ninety players that are in that position where you're gonna be a top two round pick aren't playing in that game. You talk about a very matter of fact, but that's kind of a rare thing, Kamari, that you ended up playing in that game when a lot of guys are begging out and not playing because they're going on to the next level.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would say, it's just really the g means the world to me. So I just wanted to play again, you know, for the fans, for my teammates, for my coaches even I mean they they helped me a lot at Georgia, you know, just helped develop me. And then it was really for my teammates, to be honest, Yeah, I just want to play with my guys one one time, show them that, you know, I really care about them energy honestly.
Speaker 3: All right, one more for you, pregame ritual. It's brought to you by Mattress Firm. What is your night before ritual? Pregame ritual? Take us through some of that, Kamari. Has it changed it all as a pro What can you share.
Speaker 6: With us pregame ritual?
Speaker 7: I would say night before I'm usually cooling night before I'm usually with the guys, like whether we're at the hotel here or whether we're at a hotel out of town, like you know, we just I'm really just cool and just kicking it with the guys, honestly laughing, talking a little smack, and then you know, when it's time to lock in towards probably like ten o'clock, then I'll go to sleep. But game day, I would say the biggest thing that I do, no matter what, before I play any game, I gotta pray with my mom, whether she comes on the sideline and we pray, whether it's on the phone before I warm up, Like that's mandatory.
Speaker 3: You know, that's awesome, That's fantastic.
Speaker 1: I think it's the best ritual we've heard.
Speaker 3: We've heard that is that's the last one year. Congratulations and good luck to you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was one of the things I remember seeing at Orange Bowl and I seen him out there playing, I'm thinking, the hell's he playing against.
Speaker 1: Florida State for Florida States.
Speaker 2: Draft eligible dudes were all gone, transfer portal dudes gone. It was like they didn't get in the playoffs and they're like, we're not playing and there Kamario Laster going, Nah, dude, I'm playing. We got a game on the schedule. I'm balling out and I can promise you, promise you. That was a big deal in scouting circles that he went out and played. Now, could have hurt him if he got hurt, yeah, probably, but it didn't. He went out and he played. Kirby Smart is blown away by it. I think scouts are blown away by it. And I think that that playing spirit you can see in him every single time he is out on the field. So glad that man we just talked to is a Houston Texan. Now, Texas got a big one on Sunday against the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Coming off of bye week. You'd like to think that the.
Speaker 2: Injury report would be okay, But there is one thing we've got to talk about because it could impact the one area that the one unit that was really good in Jacksonville but has been kind of in the spotlight.
Speaker 1: That's the offensive line. Could there be a change due to an injury.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that next and then right here in Texans All Access. Back on Wednesday edition of Texans All Access from the Hyundai Texans Radio studio, not typically Wednesday. We make this kind of our injury segment because in week fifteen there's always a lot going on. Now, coming off the bye week, well, how do I put this? There's really good and bad watching practice today. It felt like man, a lot of the guys that we have talked about probably all year long in some cases about guys being back. Christian Harris seeing number forty eight out of practice today was really really cool. Kenyan Green out at practice today. Again, Kenny's been able to play this year, but had missed since the Jets game and hopefully he's gotten right.
Speaker 1: So those two are out of practice today. That was kind of nice.
Speaker 2: But the injury report it has, well, it has some news to.
Speaker 1: Go with it, if you will, and that's.
Speaker 2: Distressing, not great news, but it is news, and so we obviously want to report it here as much as we possibly can.
Speaker 1: So let's get it to the injury report first.
Speaker 2: Then we'll get to the news because they're obviously related. So dnps today at practice. Robert Woods not injury related personal. The other two have some news that go with it. Jalen Petrie now he's been dealing with that shoulder issue.
Speaker 1: And earlier today.
Speaker 2: I believe it was Aaron Wilson had a tweet or post that said that Jalen is going to undergo season ending surgery to repair a partially torn peck muscle, per league sources. So we have not seen anything come down from the team at this point, but I kind of had a feeling it was maybe going in that direction. So my guess is that Jalen would go on IR, opening opening up a spot on the roster, and unfortunately JP five would be done for the year. And that is a gut punch because I believe that man was playing some really, really good football and we're gonna miss him. So that news came down probably I don't know, but an hour show hour or so before the show, at least that's when I saw it, so it could have been earlier. But by the way, Aaron Wilson was reporting that about Jalen Peatree undergoing season ending surgery to repair that partially torn peck that he hurt in the lost to Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 1: So he was a DNP at practice. Now. They could leave him there as a DNP. That's fine, they don't.
Speaker 2: They don't have to put him on IR, but I would imagine knowing this news and again nothing official from the team, just what we had heard. Also, thing official from the team on Juice scrugs. Juice probably played his best game at left guard last week against Jacksonville Senior reported in a few places. Now the injury is afoot as per the injury report, and it appears again we have no confirmation on this, but it appears as if Juice is gonna miss a few weeks dealing with that foot injury. And look, there's never good timing for injuries ever, But just the fact that Juice had one of his best ball games, if done his best ball game last pass Sunday, but the Sunday before against Jacksonville Jaguars just stings that much more.
Speaker 1: So hopefully Juice can get back and due time.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about this offensive line. What do you do now left guard? And that ends up being the question. You've got options? You know, Nick Broker's been here for a while, Zach Thomas is a guy that can play guard and tackle.
Speaker 1: Kenyan Green is back, but does he go.
Speaker 2: Back into the starting lineup when he returns, I don't know. He got a lot of things that Chris Strausserko Popovich, the offensive line, Bobby slowk have got to try and figure out, and of course that coach Demiko Ryan's what they want to do with that left guard position as they get ready for Miami. Facing Zach Stealer, who silo, excuse me, who was AFC.
Speaker 1: Defense play of the week.
Speaker 2: He was really really good against the Jets crap and Klay's campbell who lines up inside outside. It's a tough front to go against, There's no question. So keep an eye on that left guard position. Now, limited participants in practice, Nico Autry limited, Nico Collins not injury related, gets a rest, a, Larmie Tunsel not injury related rest day.
Speaker 1: Christian Harris, Kenyan Green.
Speaker 2: We talked about there both out their practice full of root so far to Kasi that foot injury back at practice at least in a limited participation. Those guys saw all of them in the viewing window of practice. Now, sometimes that means a lot, Sometimes it means very little other than the fact they're all back at practice.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: X Xavier Hutchinson full participant after dealing with his shoulder issue. Now Miami, a team that did play Sunday, did come out of there banged.
Speaker 1: Up a little bit.
Speaker 2: DMPs the two starting tackles Toront Armstead and former Texan Kendall Lamb. Klais Campbell got a rest day, OBJ personal day. Jordan Poyer got a rest day. Limited participants Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle. I think they can just kind of take the day off if they want. An Anthony Walker, junior linebacker, was a full participant, even though he's dealing with a hamstring. Another one to keep an eye on with the Dolphins is Bradley Chubb. He's been an ir, he's in the practice window. There's a thought and I think we're anticipating that we will see Bradley on Sunday, but he was a limited participant in practice. We'll see what that means going forward. Butts of news on Jalen Petrie Andrew Scruggs not great news whatsoever. And hopefully those guys can get back suited in later. But obviously JP, it sounds like it's gonna be out for the year. We're gonna miss him, no question. All right, we get back, it's maybe hind to Mike's time. That means Mark Vandermier is gonna sit down with Joe Rose game analyst for the Miami Dolphins, former Dolphin that's text the Texans All Access right here on Texans All Access. Appreciate you being with me, John Harris, football analyst, sideline reporter for your Houston Texans, and it's time to go man behind the mics. We kick off every second hour week of a game with the voice that will call the game on the other side. Now, this one kind of comes with a little bit of a caveat. Mark typically gets to play by play voice to join and that's Jimmy stuff well for the Miami Dolphins. But Mark is really good friends with Joe Rose, the game analyst for the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 1: So Mark reached out to Joe.
Speaker 2: They sat down and had a wonderful discussion about the Dolphins, about this matchup on Sunday, and the good old days those two being in Miami with well back in the day.
Speaker 1: I'll just put it that way.
Speaker 2: Here's Joe Rose, game analysts for Miami Dolphins, with our own Mark vanderm.
Speaker 3: Me, the Voice of the Texans, joining us now Joe Rose, WQAM morning host. More importantly, color commentator of the Miami Dolphins radio network and former Dolphin tight end, Joe, always a pleasure. How's it calling my friend Mark?
Speaker 5: It's always great talking. I wish we could play each other every year so we could talk more.
Speaker 3: I would love that. Except for the radio booth at your stadium. It's the worst of the league, and I'm not shy to say that. Is there any improvement anything happened since I've last last been there? Because that thing is horrible.
Speaker 5: I gotta tell you a funny story I had. Bob was shoesing on from the Jets Friday last Friday, and first thing he said, Hey, is it any better in the corner? And I go, no, it's the same He goes, great, and then we moved on. No, it's the same thing. I'm sitting here with a sore back right now. It's not meant for bigger people, and it is in the corner. And you got to be a superstar to catch everything going on on that field.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, when they crossed the fifty the game is a rumor. But anyway, we're playing at Cozy NRG Stadium this week with the Miami Dolphins. So, Joe, you've been at this for so long, what are you seeing in this year's team? It just seems like if Tua had been able to stay healthy somehow stay on the field, it would be such a different season for the Dolphins, who look like they're getting warm right now at the very least.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So if Tuoa is playing, yeah, you win some some of those games, or at least they're a lot closer than some of our backup quarterback play was just bad during his four weeks out when he went on ir But since he's been back, the numbers are just off the chain. You know, he's averaging way over three hundred yards a game passing. I think in the last four games he's got eleven touchdowns, zero interceptions. He's not thrown in interception. Since being back, they changed the offense. It's a shorter passing game. It's not down the field. They feel like everybody's gone too deep on them and keeping safeties deep. So nobody's given up the fifty to sixty seventy yard plays that we kind of got used to over the last couple of years with Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle. But Mike has really designed an offense here that allows to it to get rid of the ball pretty quickly, and he just he's been getting a lot of guys open. Nobody's running these screens outside right now with everybody receivers, tied end, running backs with blockers out front pulling a lignement out there. Nobody's blocked it better than the Miami Dolphins just become you know, we run them a lot some teams, a lot of teams try it, but we've really perfected it. Guys will cut all the way back in knowing the blocks are coming from the inside, and they're patient, and it's been a really good play to go with everything else. But they're using the whole field the inside as well. But very few throws now are over twenty yards down the field. Doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 3: Joe, What are you seeing from Hill at this stage of his career. I got to think he does like those seventy yard completions, but he's willing to do what it takes to help the football team. What are you seeing from him?
Speaker 5: I see the biggest thing for Tyreek, who got fourteen targets in the last game, the biggest thing I see he just wants he just wants to be involved in the offense. And you know, he and Wata we're going you know, you go back and mark, you look at some of the game's three catches for thirty yards, four catches for thirty eight yards, and I'm sure those guys were shell shocked, like they thought maybe a week or two and it's probably been half the season of that. And last week one guy got fourteen targets and Tyreek Hills and a Lotto had twelve. Just to give you an idea, and they win the game. They come back and win the game against the Jets down eight to fourth quarter. But I just think those guys being back involved was really important to them. Not necessarily it has to be a play that gives them a chance to run sixty or seventy yards. They just want to be part of this offense. And it got really heavy with an On Htn out of Texas A and m who's turned into a really good running back. They use Perst second and third down, and then John Newsmanthon we got from the free agent from the Atlanta Falcons. Wow, I didn't realize, And Mike's really figured out how to use him, and he's right up there at the top now with Tyreek Hill for catches, he and Thwaddle, they're all having big years and he's on his way. He's a heavy targeted guy. In the month of November he had thirty three catches alone. So he's become a big part of it. I call him the Big four now running back to tight end and two wide receivers and to auditioning into all of them right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's homecoming time for Waddle and eight Chan in particular. And Joe, tell me about eight Chan as a receiver. You mentioned the screen game. He has more touchdowns receiving than rushing. What about running the ball in general and that short passing game a little bit more on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So Mark last year he broke a ton of I mean, he only played like half the year and he put up stupid numbers. I mean it was it looked like, you know, a state champion in a Texas league going against a team that doesn't winning games aways running he was breaking the long plays every game. So he's come back now. But he's still having a really really good year. We haven't run the ball as well. That's been the biggest problem. Just have not been able to run the ball over the last four or five games, and had another stinker against the Jets. But the great thing about Devaughon if he's not running, because he has been. He's been really good running inside and outside, got real good balance. But his thing is he's really worked on his hands have gotten a lot better, a lot better. He catches everything, and you know, he's got that great speed. He's a track guy, and so they really like to get him out in space one on one. Uh even They'll swing him out there, even if it's you know, if he's a third option, if two a halftime, He's got no problem throwing to him and allowing him to try to beat a guy one on one, getting him to the ball quickly. But boy, he has been really good. We're talking about those screens earlier with with blockers out in front and receivers blocking for you. He is really good at being patient and knows when to take off and go, and he gets to that top gear real quickly, and all of a sudden, you're looking at ten or fifteen yard play.
Speaker 3: Joe Rose joining US Miami Dolphins color commentator, Joe, what about the defense here? I'm not looking at voluminous sack numbers here, pass rush, but what do they do well? What do they do that the Texans should be concerned about.
Speaker 5: I think our two guys inside are really good. Zack Steelers having another really good season, and the thirty eight year old and I know you know this guy and I have seen a lot of them. Kalais Campbell at thirty eight is just probably playing more than they planned on him playing. He has been really good. I have been surprised. You know, he came here, They pay him a lot. He wanted this is where he wanted to settle down, he and his family. But boy, I thought anybody thought he might be coming on the four oh one k Early program. He is. He's playing and playing at a really high level. So for me, it's been that the linebackers have been pretty good. The secondary has been banged up, a lot of guys in and out, and that seems to be an area where certain teams have had some success against this and especially some of the tight ends. We went to a couple of weeks where the tight ends really chewed us up with New England Patriots and also with the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Joe, what is the talk in Miami right now? You do the morning show, of course, and you've got the Texans, forty nine Ers, Cleveland and the Jets and the Texans are leading the AFC South, So it's not like you can knock off a team like Denver or the Chargers. Teams you're chasing to get into that final playoff spot or one of them anyway, But what is the thought here for postseason possibilities with four games remaining?
Speaker 5: Mark It's a great question, and we do talk a lot about it. I know the team keeps it, you know, the old one game at a time, let's be on. Everybody feels like this is the game, this is the best team we're gonna play. We're getting ready to go against this Texans team. You look at them, they look balanced. You know a lot more about your team than I do. But I think winning on the road against this team, they really circled this game to to this. This is a big game for him because it's not only the next game, but you've got the forty nine ers coming to town. They've had their problems and they're really banged up. And listen, I don't know who's going to play, but if they've got everybody back, of course, it's going to be a tough game. But I just think off of everything that's going on right now that I look at the Texans has been the most consistent team. They have the best record of what we have left, and it's on the road, and so I think guys aren't going to have any problem getting motivated for this one. It's not going to be cold weather. You know that knock on the Dolphins, and you've probably heard it. Everybody around the country's heard it that we don't win in cold weather against really good teams. And then, of course thirty nine Thanksgiving we get beat up pretty good by the Green Bay Packers. But I think they feel like it's a little different game, different temperature obviously, but also, you know, just as much as we throw the ball, I think they really like where they're going to be playing.
Speaker 3: Joe Rose with US Miami Dolphins color commentator Joe, I wanted to ask you about this, how the game has evolved, rules wise, protecting the quarterbacks, everything involved in that. You tell me, because you played in a couple of Super Bowl's early eighties, what do you think of the way the game is going in terms of protecting players, safety, all of that. I think it's a good thing. But what are your thoughts overall?
Speaker 5: Well? Mine a little different. Everybody else is man, I think it's really hard to be a defensive player right now. Of course, now again they're going to go with who you're talking like in old schooled on CULI guy, and I'm saying, well, yeah, every time I ran across the middle, you know, uh, guys where if they couldn't intercept it, they were they were trying to they were trying to hit you. They were trying to hurt you. So next time you ran across the middle, you think about it a little bit and we'd have we'd had that courage check a little bit there with with your arms and your your brain and everything else. Uh, it's hard, man, it is hard. The area to hit the quarterbacks cutting smaller, hitting area in general has been it's gotten a lot harder now. They're they're calling everything down the field. You know, every time there's a throw it's incomplete. Everybody's wondering if there's going to be pass interference, and there is a lot. So it's I'm like you, I get frustrated when a game and we we go penalty, penalty, penalty, and and a play gets called back and you know, it just gets it gets really frustrating. But uh, I understand protecting the quarterbacks. I know everybody wants to see the TuS and the CJ shrouds and and and so they're going to protect those guys the money they're making. I understand it. We do. We want to see the best quarterbacks play. But uh, you know, it's it's tough. It's it's tough. We've we've talked a lot about the sliding of quarterbacks and win to slide, and if you're going out of bounds, you've got to go out of bounds. You can't fake it and then run down the sideline. I think there's some things the league is going to have to look at a little bit when the rules committee gets together, because there there's got to be a lot of frustration, you know, with with everything that's going on and everybody's all over and you know, and if it's your quarterback and he gets hit and you're you're looking, you're mad, and as a fan, that's a cheap shot, and you're upset. So yeah, I think they got to go back. And again, I know I've got somebodies that have been affected. Now they're in their sixties that are going through stuff right now. But but saying that, I mean we all know what we're getting into. Mark, there's no secret to what we're we're all getting into. Right, everything's out there. It's well documented. If you get a concussion, usually sit out at least one game. If you play in South Florida, because of what happened to do it, you may sit out longer. And and so you know they're they're they're trying to protect guys the best they can. I think it's good. I know there's a fine line between that and still being able to watch what kind of look like football you want football to look like?
Speaker 3: All Right, a couple more for you. As a guy who played for Don sh.
Speaker 5: How did I do on that? Mark?
Speaker 3: I thought it was pretty good. I thought it was pretty good. No, Look, we're dealing with the aziz Au Shier suspension here, which we thought was certainly a suspension. Nobody was going to be surprised at a game, but three games just sounded ridiculous to us. And we move on here. But as a guy who played for Shula, Bill Belichick, are you buying that he's interested in North Carolina or do you think he's gonna chase the Shula record, which Andy Reid is chasing. As well, But who knows if either guy would last as long as necessary to pass Coach Shula.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts, my thoughts.
Speaker 5: Bill Belichick has no interest at all in that North Carolina job. Can you see Bill Belichick recruiting fourteen fifteen sixteen year olds spend in a week in recruiting in South Florida and has to fly to North Carolina or Georgia for some top notch kid, and then he's got to go kiss his bud and then he's got to tell him what kind of money am I going to get? This new nil situation? What are we looking at here? I just don't I don't see it would drive him nuts. He's an NFL coach. He is dying to get a job. And I agree with everybody. He wants Don Shula's record. That was No Love Affair. Everybody knows it, and he would like to have that record. He's done everything else, but he would love to have on Jewlis record. And let's be honest, he got so close. I didn't think New England would let him go till he got the record. I was surprised I let him. I thought they'd let him stay around. Yea, but he is dying to get back. Is there any show? He's probably doing your show. He's doing everybody's brothers show right now.
Speaker 1: I get back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he hasn't done this one yet, but I'd love to have mine. He's actually really good. I like his media stuff. I hope he stays here the media.
Speaker 5: I got that. He and Saban are pretty damn good. I'm getting more. I like Nick Saban on the college stuff. And Belichick does do a lot of good stuff for on NFL stuff from a real insider, right, he does great stuff absolutely.
Speaker 3: All Right, Well more, what's the fallout from Mike Canes not making the playoff and the way things went down end of the season. Obviously a tough game that they lost and knocked him out. Basically were they thinking they might get in? How did all that go?
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of people were pissed off about it because I think everybody thought, well, you know, you're up twenty win nothing at Syracuse and you end up losing that game. So there was a lot of frustration from that. You end up losing two out of three games the season after finding all these wild ways to win all these shootouts, and cam Ward has just been unbelievable. I know, I'm not one to rank quarterbacks, because there's been some great ones come out of here, some of the greatest college football quarterbacks, Heisman Trophy quarterbacks. You are around us to see some of them. You saw the Ken Dorsey years. But I gotta tell you, man, this guy is he is. He is special. He's got some special physical talent, and so I thought, for all those reasons, and they score so many points, I thought they were going to let him get in and it didn't happen. But I'm happy for SMU. Man, what a great story that is SMU. Honestly, I thought they deserved to be in. I guess the question is Crimpton really screwed things up. But by winning, losing three games in the regular season and still find a way without believing in that transfer of portal, they win that acc It's just incredible by Dabble what he was able to do. But some people hurting down here, by the way, you haven't heard the latest. I got to leave you with this the um part of your blood that's still left. Cam Ward and those guys are going to play in this game in Orlando. I think the whole group, I think all the NFL guys are going to dam Ward came out the last couple of days and said, I'm playing in this bowl game, and everybody's going what I'm going to play? And I think he expects a lot of his teammates are going to play in the Senior Bowl, will play in the Senior Bowl, to go ahead and play in this bowl game. And I don't think you're going to see that a lot if you're not playing in that big playoff, twelve team playoff system. I think a lot of guys are going to start getting ready for the NFL that think they're going to get drafted in the first few rounds, don't you.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: I agree. It was happening anyway without the twelve team playoff, and now at least you know that you have twelve teams where they're going to protect most of the guys or have most of the guys in their stable ready to go for these games, which should be phenomenal. Are you a fan of this the twelve team bracket?
Speaker 1: All of it?
Speaker 5: Love it. Matter of fact, I might add a few more, but I do like it. I got excited watching all the championship games. I thought it was great because they were playing for something. They were playing for an automatic you know, automatic bid to the to the playoffs. So I like it. I like to build up to it. You think it's too many. I like the twelve right now.
Speaker 3: I'd go sixteen. Let's go to sixteen. Call of a day.
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm with you. I would I would add a few. I'm not real big on watching the SEC have so much power because I thought Alabama was going to get in, and I don't think they deserve to be in after they lost Oklahoma. But but SEC is loaded right now, and so it is a big ten.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Joe, great stuff as always, Thanks so much for visiting.
Speaker 5: You and I my friend could go forty minutes and I could go get another cup of coffee and we can still roll it right along. I can't wait to see you.
Speaker 3: Likewise, Joe, thanks a lot, a lot of respect for those two gentlemen, and for good reason. I got a chance to meet Joe a couple of years ago when I called the game with Mark up in twenty twenty one when we face the Dolphins down there at hard Rock Stadium, and he was fantastic. I love getting a chance to meet Joe, a guy that I watched when I was growing up, So it was always cool to kind of catch up with those guys. It's really it's always neat. That's one of the neat things about this job is meeting those players that meant a lot as I was growing up. And Joe Rose one of those guys that watched play a lot of football for the Miami Dolphins. All right, coming up, speaking to Mark vanderm here, he's gonna stop by and we're gonna talk about this Miami Dolphins team.
Speaker 1: I want him to calm me down, if you will.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of juiced up about this one against the Miami Dolphins because they worry me.
Speaker 1: They worry me a lot.
Speaker 2: I want to see if Mark can alleviate some of those fears that I.
Speaker 1: Have about the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Next right here in Texas Auccess Quarterback, Everybody to Wednesday issue of Texans All Access. It was great to hear from Joe Rose on the Dolphins broadcast. Mark, that's gonna be pretty cool for you, John Harris, Mark Vandermier with you. Mark's gonna be pretty cool for you each time that we play the Dolphins. To catch up with Joe Rose just given your connection with Miami.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I don't catch up with Jimmy Sepphalo, who is there play by play guy who I like? I like Jimmy. I didn't really have a background with Jimmy right now. Jimmy has had an amazing career as a receiver, obviously with the Dolphins, but he was doing game shows and did he do Good Morning America or the Today Show or something like he did one of those. This is a long time ago, kids, Jimmy Cephalo has got some TV and broadcasting pelts and then he got the Dolphin play by play job. Oh should I tell this now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: So I love have I got Air five? I got a call from the Dolphins. Do you want to come home?
Speaker 5: You know that?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like meaning my Miami was my home. It really wasn't my home. I was there for three years. But do you want to consider this? You know? And I was like, you know, tempting, okay, you know, to ride back to Miami and a white horse and be the voice of the Dolphins and all that. But I honestly, Johnny, I felt like this is my home. Houston is my home. Texas is my home. The McNair's are my home because when I got into the business of professional sports working for a professional sports team, everyone told me it's all about ownership, and they all raved about Bob McNair, right, and he's the guy who brought the NFL back to Houston and all that, and everybody I talked to they said, yeah, that's that's the organization you want to be with. And not that the Dolphins are bad, but at the time I was doing the Hurricanes and the Dolphins weren't a factor for me. So I came here. And after three years here, I got that call and I thought, I'm not leaving. And the guy he's no longer with the Dolphins. The guy who called, he was a senior VP, and he said, well, the reason you want to stay in Houston is the.
Speaker 2: Reason we want you, you know, because you're and that was flattering to me.
Speaker 3: But I really wanted to stay here with this organization, with the mcnairs. And you know, at the time, I was working for the station and doing the games, but it was all together because I was doing all the events here and everything. But yeah, Joe, you know, was a guy that I did shows with at WQAM and I love Joe's history. He downplays his playing career. You know, he caught touchdown passes from Dan Marino and David Woodley Don Strock, Yeah, you know he I think he had a couple of touchdown catches in the forty one thirty eight overtime famous playoff game where Straw came off the bench and the Dolphins were down twenty four to nothing and they almost won it. They actually took the lead. Chargers came back and won that game. And that twenty four to nothing lead was something I referenced during the break during our twenty four to nothing in Kansas City in twenty nineteen, oh twenty four to try to bring that up. But it's it's a thing. Remember the Cults were up twenty four to nothing on us on a Thursday night here in twenty fourteen, and we came back. The mcafeeons kick game, that's the McAfee on side kick game, and that's the Watt return the fumble for a touchdown game and you're down five and you're gonna win the game, but you didn't win the game anyway. I love Joe. He's a great guy, good broadcaster, my gosh. Yeah, and he's done TV there, does q AM mornings. It taught me a lot about doing live spots for clients and everything like that. He's a great dude, So that that was a fun interview.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can imagine that's that's pretty fun. It's it's kind of weird that way when you catch up with Frank Frangi because I didn't know Frank that well. I was pretty young when I was living in Jacksonville at the time, but but I didn't know him and got to know him even more over the years, right before I left there in two thousand and one. So it's always weird, like when you're talking to Frank, because I'm like, yeah, these are two guys, you know, two guys that I love the death. I think they're great, and yet I want one to lose badly on Sunday and one I want to have the best broadcast ever. But it's just kind of that connection you end up having with Joe as you were talking and got me thinking about Jimmy Seffalo, So I pulled.
Speaker 1: Up his wiki.
Speaker 2: Holy cow, it's incredible right all over the place. Yeah, like all over the place in a good way. Yeah, he's got pelts on the wall for all kinds of stuff. He did pregame coverage for the Nationalleague Championship Series in baseball in nineteen eighty seven. How about that because Marv Albert was a way in a boxing assignment for NBC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was one of the NBC stalwarts at the time. He was.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's amazing to look at the different things, but this is my best, is my favorite one. I don't even know how you say this? Okay, Ohnea file, what does that mean? You're a lover of wine?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I didn't know this.
Speaker 3: How about winoh file file. It doesn't sound good.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound why anyways, he has he has twelve hundred bottles of wine in his personal wine cellar. Oh my gosh. He and Dale Robertson should get together. Yes, that's exactly right. Maybe they have at some point. Uh, that's pretty wild. It's got all like paragraphs of his relationship to wine and his cellar, and I mean, it's it's incredible. But he's got an Honorary Actor of Business Administration, Food and Beverage Management from Johnson and Wales, which can you name where Johnson Wales is from? And just know that when your co host was in college. He knew exactly where Johnson, Wales promis RhE Island. Really, I would have been here all day. We always said somewhere in Ohio. We had Risdey, we had Right Island schools.
Speaker 3: I know about Risdey. I had high school friend who went.
Speaker 2: There, and we had Johnson and Wales that were literally like right close to our campus. Brown, Yeah, Sod Island has a lot of weird like Roger Williams College. They had a lot of weird ones. They do absolutely even Brown Brown is weird. But I'll tell you this. When we stayed there in Providence and for the Patriots game, and I got a chance to walk to campus, like, man, that's a beautiful campus.
Speaker 1: I get it now.
Speaker 2: When I was eighteen to twenty tails it's like, yeah, this is where I go to college. But now I get it. I look around like, Okay, this old get this place.
Speaker 1: Is pretty cool. Okay, talk me off the.
Speaker 3: Ladder here, Okay.
Speaker 2: In some sense, I'm worried about Miami.
Speaker 1: I'm worried about the team.
Speaker 2: I watched not the whole Jets game, but I did a lot of it was on red Zone, so I had already seen a good number of it, but just watching the things the Dolphins do, watching a chan on screens, watching Tyreek and Jalen just get open against whatever the coverage is and then catch the ball and run faster than anybody can run in the NFL. I didn't walk away from there going ah yeah, defense is just lock down, like I don't get that. But I also know who the defensive coordinator is and respect the hell out of him and love him. That's Anthony Weaver. So that worries me a little bit talking about a lot. I mean, I'm worried about this game. And I know whenever I had that kind of feeling that I'm a little bit worried about it, then.
Speaker 1: For it's for good reasons.
Speaker 2: But I know we're come off with bye, We're back home, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: I know it shouldn't be, but I am. I'm worried about these guys. Well, look at their last four wins. Now they lost to the Packers, which is a semi aberration game.
Speaker 1: Cold weather.
Speaker 3: They're terrible in cold weather. Nothing we can do about that. Yep, open the room. See all right, let's go open the roof. If it's a chilly day, their last four wins. Twenty three points, okay against the Rams, and the Rams are capable of beating anybody or losing to anybody, I guess. So then thirty four against the Raiders, thirty four against the Patriots, thirty two against the Jets. Now, these are not great teams they're playing at the time, but we know what that Jets defense is capable of. However, I know I don't even have to look. I don't have to live inside the locker room. I know that that Jets performance that they got is not the same one that we got a little bit earlier in the season. Right, this is a Jets team. You know, people look at the Jets, they should be able to do this and the other thing. No, they're dealing with a massive meltdown and it's tough for them to get up for every game. And they were still in that game and went overtime, So you don't know what to make of that. But this is my feeling on facing this offense. This is not like you gotta go tackle Jonathan Taylor and watch out for Pierce with the deep ball and watch out for the Pittman screens. It's not that it's holy smokes. Look what they do. Look at all that eye candy and window dressing, and then all of a sudden they're smashing through the window with one of those four guys who's capable of taking it to the end zone. As Nick said, on any given play, so be ready. And Kamari Lasseter talked about this. I think, you know, I know they are super fired up for this one. But you have to be mentally sharp as well as physically fired up for this one. Now you can say that about any game, but especially this one. You got to be real smart the way you handle them.
Speaker 2: I when you think about football, obviously, like you get you know, really intense, and you know, Jacksonville was one of those games.
Speaker 1: You know, Kamari talked about it. You know you're just diving into the run game.
Speaker 2: This is one of those games where I always use my analogy to Chinese finger lock, like if you try and give it the curve too much, you're just gonna lock yourself up because these guys get a step and is to the house. It has to be more about like, as Bruce Lee said, be water. You've got to be more flowing and fluid in this game so that you're tackling in space, you're making good cuts. This isn't for the back seven in particular. This isn't one of those We've got to stuff Derrick Henry in the whole kind of games. This is we got to be alert where all of these fast guys can be at all times, and we have to have two three four deep steel blue shirts around these guys. If one guy misses, there are three guys there to make the tackle. You can't take five and turn into fifty. You can't take fifteen and turn it into eighty five. And that's what they can do. And one of the things that I love watching Mike McDaniel's offense because there's gonna be something different that you see from them that like, I haven't seen that from anybody else, And I get why they do it. You know, last year in twenty twenty three was really you know, being the number two receiver, the inside receiver and then he'd motion outside fast and take off. And what that does is it messes with your match and your man principles right, and teams are really having a struggle with that, and they just do different things That worry me too, that if you're not locked in with eye discipline, like, okay, I know if they motion here, okay, my rules change. Are the safety this is the stafety in the corner on the same page knowing the rules change, or do they both go to tyreek and then all of a sudden here comes the inside receiver whoever that might be getting a cheap one because you you messed up the rules and the communication was off. That's not really been something I think the secondary this year. It's not really been your blown coverages that has you know, have given up explosives like against Jacksonville. Jacksonville blew a coverage against US and Dald Schultz is wide open.
Speaker 1: We haven't had that.
Speaker 2: What's happened a lot of times is rush doesn't get back there. We're in a particular coverage and because of that coverage, there's gonna be a point, kind of a breaking point that if the rush doesn't get there, we're gonna end up with a bad matchup down the field. We're gonna end up with a safety on a really fast wide receiver, which is not what you don't want. You want your corner on a wide receiver, but if he gets too much time. That happened against Tennessee with Levis. They ran her out with Calvin Ridley, and the longer that he got to hold the ball, Levis, did that put the safety or put us safety.
Speaker 1: On Calvin Ridley.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not what you want when they were going to fight to left and hit that big PLAYND.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: And so that's what I hope this week is that can get some pressure and to his thinking, get the ball out. And you're all in the same page with your rules, so you don't let Tyreek sneak behind you. You don't let Jalen, you know, catch one across the middle. And I think of that turpin play against Dallas. Yeah, and how he just caught a little slam. They can do that, and they can do that U in s page.
Speaker 3: It's weird to say you hope that Tua doesn't play as well well as Will Levis. You know, it's weird to say that because you'll hope he plays the way Josh Allen did here Jared Goff for much of the game, not the whole game, but much of the game, because you did do that to those quarterbacks. We went into the Detroit game feeling pretty much the same way about that offense. It's a little bit different, but feeling the same way, like, oh my gosh, what are you gonna do about this? And they took care of business for so much of that game didn't finish, but there were some things to take away from perhaps, and you gotta do the same kind of thing. You got to find a way to get to him. You got to find a way to pull him off the first read and sack him. He doesn't take many sacks. He's eighteen sacks on the season. The high water mark for sacks against is five in the Green Bay game. That was a loss. But you know what his completion percentage was in that Green Bay game, eighty eight. He threw for three hundred and sixty five yards, two touchdowns, no picks, eighty percent completions and they lost. Wow. Yeah, wow.
Speaker 2: And it really it got close at the end a little bit. It was gonna be a stretch for them to win that football game, but it got close in the fourth quarter in weather conditions that Miami doesn't like to play against. So I just I and it's that kind of pressure that I know Mike McDaniel has tried to place on teams with all the speed he's add it like everybody.
Speaker 1: It's almost as if.
Speaker 2: You know, like you get into college with this high SAT score and it's like, hey, what's your forty times? I run a four to three. Okay, we'll draft you. You know I run a four to three. All right, great, we'll sign you. You know those kinds and it just puts so much pressure on a defense. And yeah, the pass rush is going to be hugely important. I think one of the things with the pass rush is getting in the passing lanes. Two is only six to one. Getting in passing lanes such that you disrupt to his vision, knock them down, knock them down. You know he's gonna get rid of the ball quickly, so you might have to give up on a rush and get your hands up and try and knock things down. JJ Watt life if you will, that would be had of Dolphins before. Yes, knock it down, keep them from catching the ball in the run, and then tackle like your life depends because really in this game, your football life against the Dolphins really really depends on it. Now, the flip side of this is the Jets should have won that game twenty six to twenty three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they really have killed the clock, right, they.
Speaker 1: Really should have won it. With that.
Speaker 2: The Packers held the Dolphins to seventeen, so in some sense, I'm talking not on both sides of my mouth, but it's teams have slowed them.
Speaker 3: Now, what's the number? Are we ready to say it? On a Wednesday? What the number is? I got a number thirty. I'm gonna go twenty eight. I think twenty eight gets it down. I think twenty seven twenty eight could get I was actually.
Speaker 1: Think in twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to go all the way to thirty, So I think your number is probably better.
Speaker 1: I like twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Can you put twenty eight up on the board against these guys, because I do think I think twenty eight. I think twenty eight wins that game. Now, how many times have you scored twenty eight at home this year?
Speaker 1: Let's do it?
Speaker 2: Bears nineteen, No Jaguars twenty four, No, no Bill's twenty three, No Colts twenty three, no Lion's twenty three, No Tennessee twenty seven. So we haven't gotten to twenty eight at home. It's time. This is that time, dude, This is that time. And coming up next is the time for in the lab Drew Dordy's gonna stop by we discuss who the cream of the crop players are. I've got an offensive guy. He is going to be under the microscope because of who he faces on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Won't be every play, but it's gonna be a number of plays.
Speaker 2: Am I right in saying Titus Howard is the cream of the crop player needed against the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: That's next right here on Texas All Access.