Speaker 1: Mother Knows Dad starring Nicole and Jemmy and Maria qk.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: Everyone welcome The Mother Knows Death. Let's get started with the story of the day.
Speaker 3: So another plane crash, but this time twenty minutes from our house, which is our houses, which is so insane to think about.
Speaker 1: The news has been crazy for the past couple weeks, Like I can't, as Nancy would say, I feel like I'm drinking from the fire hydrant, Like it's just coming so fast all the time.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: I feel like we just talked to everyone on Thursday about the other plane crash, and now it's like we're here right.
Speaker 3: Well. Yeah, And I was thinking, you know, I keep seeing I kept seeing memes last week that was like, I can't believe it's till January, And I'm like, you know, this month is going by extra long compared to normal. And then to think about how we started the year with, you know, the incident in New Orleans and in Vegas, and now we're ending the month quite literally with a bang in the Philadelphia area. It's super scary.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: I was driving to Boston and you texted me and just said another plane crash. I didn't even know it was near us because I just left my house and it turns out it was in Northeast Philadelphia just after six pm. This ambulance jet carrying six people, within under a minute after they took off from the Northeast Airport crashed into the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so terrifying that the videos and the photos are just you can't believe something like that would happen in your neighborhood. And now I can't help but think about it, like planes fly over our house all day all the time. Are the airport's right there, and you just don't even think that there's these literal like bombs flying over your house at any moment could fall and just destroy your neighborhood.
Speaker 3: You know, Well, you know, I don't think everybody obviously knew what happened at first, and I think that's what a lot of people thought, that it was a bum And when you see videos of this going down, it literally looks like a missile is dropping from the sky and this mushroom as cloud goes up. What would you even think if you saw something like that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I feel terrible for anyone that had to experience that, And I've obviously we're from this area. I've been up that way a million times. It's just crazy. I know the area so well, so it's easier for me to picture in my head what that would have been like. And just thankfully because it was rush hour on a Friday night, and I just think, by like the grace of God, that a traffic light had changed and there was that gap in between or something, because there just wasn't that many cars that you would see to be expected in Philadelphia rush hour traffic. Thank God, it doesn't. I mean, people got hurt, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Speaker 3: No, totally. And I was thinking of everybody driving on the street because the explosion was huge. I mean you could see it from all different areas of that of the city and I would just see.
Speaker 1: The hole in the ground. Yeah, there's like an eight foot crater in the ground. It's so outrageous. I want to go see it, actually, but they probably won't let us anywhere near there.
Speaker 3: No, I doubt the Press Pass. Actually. I think they just opened traffic up around that area really yesterday again. But we should try to go on a field trip tomorrow and see if they'll let us near it because I am interested in seeing it. And the first thing I think when I see all these dash cam videos is what would you possibly think if you were in traffic? I mean, I told you Ricky had been driving home around that area only an hour before that, So I was like, what would you have thought if you just saw an explosion like a couple miles ahead of you on this major road? And he was like, I would have assumed it was a bomb or something. I don't even know what I would have done or turned around because people go into shock.
Speaker 1: I know you could see by the video that people I mean, obviously it's just if you guys haven't seen any of the videos. I did put some clips up in the gross room. And then of course the aftermath was terrible. There was videos going around of a person that was on fire, which is just just awful. We know one person on the ground died so far, and there's a woman missing. You know that, right?
Speaker 3: Oh I don't think I saw there was a missing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone said that her sister's missing and she was at her boyfriends who lives around there, and he said he she had left around the time to go get something to eat.
Speaker 3: Oh my God, but like.
Speaker 1: And honestly, like that impact is so heavy and deep, like there is a possibility that someone was standing near there when that happened. But as of right now, and the mayor does keep saying that like this, the injury toll might go up, the death toll might go up, we just don't know right now everything. So I mean, what be the chances that she was just missing a forty some year old person, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is extremely odd. Right now we know all six people that were on the plane died. Not that that's not sad by itself, but this has an extra layer to it, which it was this little girl getting this treatment for a life threatening illness that she had. So I'm assuming she was going to.
Speaker 1: Chop right, because she was going to Shriners.
Speaker 3: Okay, she was going to Shriners. So she was getting this treatment and she was there for at least a month. I mean there, she was a very sick kid.
Speaker 1: And it's just think about how terrible it is as a parent to have a sick kid that's that sick, that has to go on an airplane to go get treatment in another country, and then for this to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so on that plane was the little girl, her mother, a doctor, a paramedic, and the two pilots. They were going back to Mexico. It's really really upsetting that she possibly got this treatment that maybe saved her life or at least gave her a little bit of, you know, calm in the craziness that she was going through with her illness, and then to have this tragedy happen. They're also saying right now that this thirty three year old woman is in a medically induced coma because she had seventy percent of her body burned.
Speaker 1: We also know that the worst thing ever. I just feel so terrible for that woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then there's the child. This ten year old little hero tried to save his sister from the falling debris. He got impaled in the head, but it seems like he's doing okay right now. And then the mayor had said two other people are in critical condition in the hospital.
Speaker 1: So there was another video going around of a guy sitting in the diner and it flew through the window and it knocked his baseball hat off. It did hit him in the head too, so I know that he was hospitalized with some kind of head trauma, but it didn't look like if it did hit his head, it looked like it was very superficial hopefully. But I mean something flying like that, shrapnel flying from a plane accident like that could be equivalent to getting shot. You know, it's just fast and a piece of metal flying like that at you could cause lacerations or just the impact of it, because it could have caused them a brain injury, you know what I mean. So how freaking crazy And it's all on video. I mean, so many people are outside. It's a Friday night in the city, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know, even worse is like all these people are injured. There's parts of the neighborhood that are destroyed from the debris and the explosion, and we have to talk about the psychological trauma people are going to be facing. Because I don't know if most people have seen this, but a lot of our listeners were sending this our way, which there was body parts just all over the street in people's houses. There was a full blown person on a roof.
Speaker 1: I don't I know, it's just one of the of the body parts in a person's house is so disturbing. And this spot woman was getting interviewed and saying that she thought that she she you know, she smelled smoke or something, and then she was like, there was a piece of a plane in my house. Like how outrageous is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there was the most disturbing picture for me was there was parts of a human that seemingly went through somebody's ceiling into their bedroom. So imagine going into your bedroom and there's a deceased person that was part of an explosion that just came out of the sky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just and I can't help but think because we just had the plane accident in DC last week, which had multiple fatalities, so many more than this one, and thinking like, thank god that fell over the water, because if that fell over the city right there, there's there's Alexandria right there, or there's Washington, DC. Like, if that plane crash happened over the city, that would have been catastrophic as well. Imagine a plane of that size with you know what I mean, with that many people, All of the people on board would have done as well as people on the ground would have gotten injured too. So it's at least it's lucky that it fell into the water in that case.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is really lucky. And then speaking of that case, there's you know, they're still doing an investigation, and with the Philly crash they don't. They're not going to know what happened for a while because you know, this just happened. It takes some time.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: In the DC case, they did recover the black box, so I think that'll have a lot of telling information about it.
Speaker 1: They just did in last night in Philly too, they found a hole, so yeah, they were able to Yeah, like they'll be able to figure it out. I mean, even if they could figure it out. At this point, who cares it happened, right, It's not like you're going to change anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I guess they want to see if, like you know, if it was human error or if the plane had an error, that maybe they need to look at the other models and adjust. That's why they have to look into it.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm just saying though, It's just like.
Speaker 3: But with the d gosh, they have a temporary morgue setup also because of so many bodies, which is crazy to think about. I'm assuming the people in the Philly case went to the me right, so yeah, they would in that case, since it wasn't that many people. And that's what I was going to tell you, the difference between putting like a makeshift more. I mean, six or seven people. Isn't that many people for a Philadelphia Medical Examiner's office, especially because honestly, six of those people with the exception of the guy or whatever body was on the roof there that they were in pieces and going in a body bag like they're not even you know, they're going to have to separate them and figure out what.
Speaker 1: Belongs to who. But there's not even intact people. The person on the ground too, I don't know who died on the ground and what the circumstances were there. The DC one's a little bit different because there are what is there. There's sixty seven from the one plane, and then there was four from the helicopter.
Speaker 3: Right now, sixty four from the plane, three from the helicopter.
Speaker 1: Okay, so sixty seven all together. But that's a lot of bodies. So they set up a makeshift more right outside of the site. They do that like they did that for nine to eleven and stuff like that. When there's a mess casualty event, and they'll go through all of the bodies because in the DC case, for example, and I don't know this because obviously I'm not working on that case, but you could see the fuselages in the water and it's intact, which makes me think that those bodies are are intact. There were some of them that were intact, but then you had an explosion area like similar to what just happened in the one in Philly that you might see parts, do you understand? Like, it just depends where the people were sitting. So they're going to set out beds and try to lay out each one and determine what you know, keep the ones intact, put the pieces together and try to identify every single one and the remains back to their families and stuff. But it's just going to take time because it's a lot of work, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I also just saw this morning that two of the airport. Two airport workers got fired for releasing videos of the crash to news outlets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Why, I don't know, Like, do do you think something's wrong with that? Like I think the public should be able to see it. I think the public should be able to see it. But they're not only fired, they've been arrested with computer trustpassing, so I don't know if they signed something when they work there, that's like everything you see is confidential, and but people don't care about that stuff when things like this happen. They're just worried about getting it out. Yeah, I wonder why since there was already a couple of videos out, like why they want if there was a specific reason they thought that people should see it. Because it is a different angle and it does it looks It just looks crazy. You just watch it, and obviously I don't fly helicopters, so I don't know how those things work. But you just look at it and think, pretend you're driving a car right like you're looking out the front windshield and you would see something huge in front of you that that's just all.
Speaker 3: Well. I was reading yesterday that you know, they're starting to look into this now because of staffing issues, and there was the potential that one person was doing two people's jobs. But I think they're still trying to confirm that component of it. But another thing is they were saying that a lot of planes were landing around the same time, and when the air traffic control got in touch with the helicopter and asked if they had eyes on that specific aircraft and they said yes, that there's theories that they may have been looking at another plane because so many were landing at the same time. And yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's no sense of us even It's funny because it's like ever since COVID, everyone has opinions on the Internet, and there's all these funny things like, oh, I didn't know everyone was a doctor. It's like I didn't know everyone was an airline pilot. Like it's just the speculation is stupid. I just look at it from a perspective of a person that drives a car, and I know it's completely different, but at the same time, it's like the theory is is that you take it from one place to another and you don't crash into things on the way, right. Yeah, So okay, so we're all about light on celebrity news this week. I don't think. I mean, a couple stupid things happen that aren't even worth talking about in my opinion. But since we're talking about celebrities, would you think about Kanye West's wife. I don't know why that's always in quotes his wife's outfit at the Grammys last night.
Speaker 3: Well, I was honestly surprised to see a red carpet photo of them, And of course she walks up in this fur coat, takes it off, and she's just wearing a dress that's completely see through, so you could see all of her breasts and her vagina and everything. So I'm not really surprised that happened. It was more surprised that they were on the carpet. But then later I found out that they just showed up uninvited, and I guess when they got to the door to get into the event, they were like, yeah, no, you're leaving.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think that that's I don't know. I heard today that they were invited and he was nominated for something even so that was just kind of a rumor that was going around. But they did escort them off the property and make them leave afterwards, I guess for I mean, really, I don't know if there was a camera or something that a live camera. I mean, do they do live from the red carpet? Still? Yeah, okay, so was that on? I mean, listen, any person that's filming him should know, especially how she's been dressing for the past couple of years should know what to expect. She's wearing a huge fur coat, Like, what did you think was going to happen?
Speaker 3: I did not see them on the E red carpet I was watching, but also I turned it on a little late. But I think at the time in which they arrived it would have been on there. I don't think E would have shown it because I know their feed is delayed because oftentimes when I'm watching award shows, I'm looking at Vogue or Vanity Fair and seeing the live uploads of the pictures, and by the time they're on E, it's like twenty minutes later sometimes, So I don't think it was coming up on quote live television, or if they did have footage of it, they chose not to err it because of what it was. But I don't even I don't even think I could be wrong that E posted that. Look. I think it was more like.
Speaker 1: Oh, I saw a couple magazines were like not but there's like.
Speaker 3: A kid there. Yeah, I mean it's apropriate.
Speaker 1: It's just whatever. It's it's just so ridiculous. It's just I think it's so corny.
Speaker 3: On a petty note, I'm just gonna say, the Grammys are consistently the worst dressed award show all the time. I I rarely am like, wow, somebody looks really good. I of all the looks, the only one I could remember is Sabrina Carpenter, and because I like her vintagesthetic. But other than that, it's like, what was Will Smith's son doing with that weird house on his head? I just I can't get over it. I thought, Lady, God.
Speaker 1: My whole night consists of me getting screenshots of all of these things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you don't care either, Like I'm texting you literally.
Speaker 1: Don't care the whole, the whole entire thing. I was just hearing something today about how like back in the day, like the Beatles got under five Grammys, Like the Beatles or Rolling Stones are just these crazy just popular music bands. And Beyonce's had like thirty three or something. It's just like the whole thing of it just seems like it's not even it's not even authentic, like this is the best and this is like I love Beyonce. I'm not talking shit on her, but this particular album I think most people would agree is not her finest work. So it's just like what is what's the category for to just pay someone off, because then the whole thing is just fake.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to just say too, is that I think that a lot of people, and this happens with the Oscars too, that they expect the most popular movie to win. But because the Academy members are voting, I think they're voting for the artistic integrity of the works, not necessarily what's the most popular. And if you want to look at Cowboy Carter, I think it's an achievement in itself because she shifted genres and artistically it was very well done and composed and put together. But I think everybody can agree it was definitely not the most popular one per se. But if the Academy members are voting on it based on the artistic level of it, the production value of it, I can see why that won. But I think a lot of people have a lot of things to say.
Speaker 1: I can see why it won because people get paid off to you buy your spot. It's just like those signs that say, like this restaurant got best to South Jersey twenty twenty one. It's like that all that shit is just like paid off stuff. You know, it's the same I mean.
Speaker 3: I think it's hard to ignore that jay Z just complained that she's won the most Grammys ever and never won that particular award, and then this year for an album that wasn't necessarily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they had like were Taylor Swift presenting? Come on, all right, listen, Like I can't anymore with this whole shit. All right, let's talk about freak accidents.
Speaker 3: Okay, last week in Michigan, this five year old boy was receiving treatment in a hyperbaric chamber and suddenly it exploded, killing him instantly.
Speaker 1: So I guess they were at so normally a height. Do you know what that is?
Speaker 3: I know we've talked about it before, but can you just refresh my memory because I don't really understand one hundred percent what it is.
Speaker 1: So sometimes when you have let's say, for example, because it's it's commonly used for this, if you have a wound that doesn't heal, and you want to make sure that the patient has as much oxygen exposure as possible because that'll help the wound heal. So you put them inside of this chamber and it has compressed like pressurized air, along with a higher percentage of oxygen that's in the environment and it helps accelerate healing in a wound, for example, And that's the FDA approved reason to use this. Right, some this clinic that this little kid was at was using this for other reasons that are not FDA approved. People use them for everything, add autism, migraines, depression, there's just like all these random things that people use them for off label, and generally they're safe because it's oxygen. I mean, just breathing it in is not dangerous. Right, So they didn't say why this five year old child was in there, but something happened to cause it to explode. They came in, the fire department came in and said that the kid was dead when they got there, which means, I mean, think about an explosion, how awful that is. And the mother was right next.
Speaker 3: To the kid.
Speaker 1: She got injured, but I mean think about what she saw. I just can't even imagine it. And it's just it. It's they didn't say why he was there. I don't know if it was a life saving thing or I don't know if it was one of these off label just like, let's try this because your kid's misbehaving. Thing. But how frickin' terrible.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it's really horrible. I think the company's really stressing that this is a really rare event. Obviously they need to do an investigation and see exactly what sparked it, Like was this machine defective or was there some weird element in the room that made it combust.
Speaker 1: So it's this air that's compressed, is just it's very, very combustible. So I don't know if someone lit a flame. I don't see why someone would light a flame within the building, but there's just other things that could have sparked it. But I don't know. Just it's just so sad to think that is sad. I know, the companies just I don't know. Just think about from the mom's perspective. You don't want to say like, oh, this has never happened. That just doesn't help, you know.
Speaker 3: It certainly doesn't help because it did happen that one time and it was fatal. So I think they're putting that out so people aren't scared to continue getting the treatment, But it doesn't make it better for this particular fan.
Speaker 1: Crazy because I've never had it done, so I don't know. Maybe you guys that have had something like this sun might be able to speak to it. But do you think that the common person that just goes and does this is aware that that's even a possibility. No, yeah, I mean that's what I'm thinking. Like, do they make you sign a waiver and say like, hey, this might happen. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess we'll see if I'm assuming a lawsuit's gonna come out of this in some yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: And I'm curious because it is being used off label too at that place, because I think that place does all off label, I'm pretty sure. So I don't I don't know. I mean they're allowed to, not that they're doing something they're not allowed.
Speaker 3: To, but but it's just not curious. It's just not approved treatment. But you know, as.
Speaker 1: Usual, we don't ever get a follow up on any case. If we ever do, we always tell you, guys, but we never do. You never hear anything again on certain things, or do.
Speaker 3: We get updates that you're purely conspiratorial and you're just like, I can't go on a show and just say this because there's somebody on red and said it. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: We got the worst, the worst conspiracies we were getting was the girl that died in the oven at Walmart. Yeah, just like the most insane things. And I was like, I'm not even saying that out loud, because there's no way that that's true. Just yeah, I can't even believe people would spread the rumor because it just sounds so.
Speaker 3: Outrageous until an official news outlet writes it up as fact or there's a lawsuit, and then that's even skeptical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is skeptical, but at least it's a little bit more than right, it, I suppose. Okay, so God, this next one is, well, I'm wondering.
Speaker 3: How you feel because I know you've done this a couple of times, and by version, I have a story. I have a story about this actually all right. Back in twenty twenty two, this woman who is twenty years old through a party for her child, and at the party, people were, you know, taking the sucking helium out of balloons to make their voices really squeaky and high pitch. I'm sure a lot of people do this. I think pretty much everybody in our life has done this at some party at some point in time. But they convinced this mother to do it, and when she did it, somebody turned up the flow on the canister with the helium and it immediately hit her in the back of the throat, according to her twin sister, and then she collapsed immediately.
Speaker 1: So I want so this is my story. A couple years ago, I was across the street with the neighbors with the kids and everything, and there was balloon at the house for whatever reason, and we started doing that to show the kids, like, hey, your voice, kids sound funny. So then the kids were like, can we do it? And then I thought to myself, you know what.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: This is probably really bad, just thinking I don't really have any experience with a person that died from this, like this particular case, but just from what I know from every carbon monoxide whatever. Let me just look this up, right, And my neighbor's a nurse, and we're just kind of like, eh, whatever, and we both look it up and we're like, oh my god, just we would never let our kids do that. We freaked out. We're like, we're never doing that again. We're so sorry. This was this is terrible. We didn't think of this and stuff, and yeah, so it's it's the same as kind of same as having carbon monoxide exposure or huffing injuries. It just replaces the oxygen on your blood cells and you can die from asphyxia. And that's what happened in this case. So they say about putting warning labels and stuff, but people don't typically have warning labels on the balloons and things like that. Now we're talking about a totally different situation here, though. You can probably in theory, die from just breathing it in from a balloon, but this woman went directly up to the tank and sucked it out of the tank. And the air pressure because if you ever see a container like that, it says that it's under pressure, because it is because it could explode, just like the hyperbaric oxygen chamber we just talked about, right, So it's under so much pressure that just that stream of air going into your lungs could cause lung damage and then the amount of it going in could cause you to die. And that's what happened with her. Like you should absolutely never ever ever put your mouth off to something like that and try to suck it in.
Speaker 3: Well, So then they brought the canister to the coroner who said there was a warning label on it, but that was in really small print. So I guess now, since it's been a years since this happened, the family's saying that she was not aware of the dangers of it, and they're trying to call for really large, obnoxious warning labels to be on these canisters so people are fully aware of what this was any other country, right, this was in New Zealand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think I'm pretty sure in America there's pretty big tags if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm thinking about it. And I feel like there are pretty big stickers on the tanks themselves, but how many people Because it has the MSCs triangle on it that says all the hazards with everything, I feel like it's pretty big, well here, but not there, so I guess over there they're trying to get it changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I mean, this is just such a such a stupid death, you know what I mean, Like it's sad, she was a mom. Just it's just it didn't need to happen. But you could see, I mean, like listen, like it just happened with us, but with me and my neighbor, and we're both educated in medical stuff, and it's just like you don't don't really think about it. But then it's like essentially, okay, well you shouldn't be doing whippets and things like. It's kind of on the same lines of like the huffing.
Speaker 3: You know, Well, I just think unfortunately, things like this need to happen so people are aware of it. Yeah, I mean not that they should happen to make people aware, but people don't realize until something really bad happen now and then they stop doing it. This next case about this forty eight year old guy. He went to the emergency room with abdominal pain, which he said started about a couple hours after he was mowing his lawn. So at first he didn't know if he like got hit by something or was stung by a bee or something like that. Couldn't really explain what the pain was. So he starts getting tests at the hospital and what did they end up seeing?
Speaker 1: So they did when he was looking at his abdomen because he was having his pain and his abdomen and he was looking and he didn't see anything. So he was just like, I don't know what's happening right now. He goes to the hospital, they do an examine. They don't see anything on his abdomen, but he's kind of freaking out so bad that he's in pain that they say, okay, let's do a set scan and let's also do an ultrasound. And when they went to do the ultrasound, he was in so much pain. They were having a hard time just pushing the doppler on his belly because his belly hurt so bad. So they did the CT scan and they saw that he had this seven centimeter piece of metal that was pierced into his abdomen. And here they think that it flew. It was like again a shrapnel injury from the lawnmower that went right through his skin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it was a rusty nail. Do you think it was just like laying in the grass and then yeah, it just shy up.
Speaker 1: I have a case in the gross room of one of our members actually sent it to us. Her husband was mowing the grass and ran over one of those little flagpoles, you know, the little the one that has my little Philly's flag on it. Yeah, like something like that small and when he ran it over, the thing broke, the blade broke the metal off and it flew into his leg and went into the bone of his leg.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like because it's just it's it's a shrapnel injury, you know what I mean. So when they looked at the guy's abdomen again, they saw that he had this area of a little tiny area of inflammation right corresponding to where that went through that they couldn't even see. They actually put a picture of his abdomen basically saying, do you see anything here because if we examine, if you examined him right now, would you think that he got pierced with something. No, it's just it's because it was so thin and it goes it's hot, and it goes through so fast that it just pierced right through like a little dot.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This episode is brought to you by the Gross Room guys.
Speaker 1: This week we did an amazing case that is the John o'keeth murder that well we don't know if it was a murder actually, but because the try is incomplete, but it's a very interesting murder slash accidental slash, what the hell happened to this guy? Case? But you might have heard of the woman that's on trial for this case. Her name is Karen Reid. Well she's on a break right now, right because there was a hung jewelry. Well, there is a mistrial, so she's awaiting another trial. Yes, so she But we're talking all about the case and it's super controversial. It's one of these ones that's on the internet that's just making people go completely crazy. So you're either on the team that she did it or on the team that she didn't do it. But regardless, we're going to break down the entire case in the gross Room. This week, we went through all of the circumstances and everything leading up to it, and next week we're going to display the autopsy findings, which is going to be super interesting and I will give my opinion on it because I have a pretty strong opinion on it and it's something I don't think that they brought up in court.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, you guys can head over to the grossroom dot com for more info and to sign up forly five to ninety nine for the month. Okay, true crime. All right, So we've talked about this case on here before and many times in the grocer room, but we have updates about the Ellen Greenberg case. But as a quick reminder. She was the teacher in Philadelphia. She was twenty seven years old when she was found stabbed twenty times in her apartment during a snowstorm. Initially, because of the amount of stab wounds, the Philly and Me had determined that she died as a homicide, but then after some police pushback, he changed it to a suicide. And her family has been fighting this since twenty eleven. So what is the current update on the situation.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a really good update, actually, and it shows that you should really fight for things if you believe them not to be true. Because her parents have been fighting all this time, and now they've been saying, can you just change the death certificate to not say suicide and to say even if for it to say undetermined because they just didn't believe that her daughter killed herself off, just with all of the evidence present, and they wouldn't do it. And then finally the medical examiner that did the case said that this is exactly what he said. It is my professional opinion. Ellen's manner of death should be designated as something other than suicide, so that only leaves so there's only five manners of death, so it definitely wasn't natural. It definitely wasn't an accident. So all you have left is suicide, homicide or undetermined. Undetermined would be worst case scenario because then they're going to say, we don't know if she killed herself or we don't know if someone killed her, and that would be the worst case scenario in terrible because if someone killed her, they should be prosecuted for it.
Speaker 3: You know, do you think the timing is suspicious considering a judge just decided that the emmy and the lead detective would have to testify at trial, and now that the city has decided to settle and reopen the investigation.
Speaker 1: I I just read an article, and I don't know if I'm reading it incorrectly, but it seems like the family sued the city and then right before this lawsuit went forward, doctor Osborne, who's the medical examiner that did the autopsy, was like, you know what, I'll change it. And I'm thinking, well, that's weird. Right before you were supposed to get sued, you'll change it. And then that's what I'm saying, Yeah, I do. I think that that's why they decided to do it. But in all honesty, like he should have changed it years ago. So he's saying now that there's all this new evidence to life, which which i've been there's been. I don't. I don't one hundred percent agree with it either, though, because he's saying that he initially, especially from the medical examiner's point of view, if he did the autopsy and just looking at the body not knowing anything, because that's what originally happened, he just was like this, someone killed this girl. Then that's the end of the story. It doesn't matter if someone didn't break in or whatever like that to me doesn't matter. I know, circumstantial evidence matters, but like for you doing the death certificate, you should think that that's how that person died. Then that's how that person died. And then you let someone come in and put some ideas in your head and then you changed it your story to fit that scenario, and it's just two completely different things, you know. So I'm not I don't. I think this whole case is a giant shit show to begin with. It just has always been a shit show. I'm glad that it's getting re examined. Finally, the problem is is that her body's gone. They do still have evidence, they have pieces parts everything in jars at the medical Examinar's office, microscopic slides, reports, photographs that they could look at. But now there's always going to be some kind of a question when there really shouldn't have ever been a question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think it's I'm, you know, putting on my tinfoil hat because I think if he went on the stand, or maybe the detective did that, maybe the city feared larger issues being exposed at hand.
Speaker 1: And I think, of course, and there they're already under scrutiny anyway because of these these issues over there, you know what I mean. So they should, they should pay the family off, but they also should just reopen it. And I mean this, there's there's been proof now that they're saying that she has injuries that occurred when she was either dead or not able to do them because it's severed a part of her spinal cord like end of story.
Speaker 3: Well, I also think and I saw a lot of similarities in this when we were covering Karen Reid case yesterday. Was they start the investigation thinking it's one way, and then they only look at it that way instead of going into it totally neutral, and then figuring out what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's yeah, it's preconceived ideas and then you could you could make it. It's just when you do an autopsy, if you're really sticking to the science of it and stuff, you shouldn't be able, Like you shouldn't be able to take one autopsy and be like, how could I spin this to make it look like a suicide? Or how could I spin this to make it look like a homicide? You know it's and that's what they kind of tried to do. And and the guy listen, like, if I was this guy and did what year was the autopsy?
Speaker 3: Eleven, twenty eleven?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, I wouldn't want to even be talking about this anymore. And it probably weighs heavily on him all the time because you see these parents distraught, and like.
Speaker 3: How do you even remember something that you worked on when they've worked on hundreds of cases fourteen years later.
Speaker 1: Oh, he remembers this one. I'll tell you that he and shit for you. Yeah, I'll tell you that. They don't even want to hear her name over there because it's it's but they're they're also like standing to their ground and stuff, and listen, like I see their perspective of it. From to a certain extent, she had a history of being on psychological medications and she was having some depression and anxiety issues and things like that. I get I get that, but like the wounds, just it just was very, very unusual. And another unusual thing is recently with I think that's when we talked about her just a few weeks ago, saying that her ex fiance has come out for the first time since this has happened. He's since remarried and has children. Well, guess what, he's the suspect if they decide to change it to homicide.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he has never been suspected of foul play, which I think is kind of weird.
Speaker 1: It's fit. I I just I just think he's saying. I just think that the way and listen, this is always the thing you say, like, you don't know how you're going to react when someone when this situation we're just talking about it with the plane, what happens if there's a bomb in front of you, whatever, you don't know how you're gonna react. But just if you listen to the nine one one call, it just sounds like staged almost He's like, there's he didn't see that she had a fucking knife sticking out of her chest. They were like, do CPR on her? Okay, first of all, why wouldn't that even be your first thought? Like, just you don't know how. I don't really know how to do it. I learned it when I was nineteen years old in college. I'm just saying like, I would try I would try anything to save my loved one that I thought was in distress, no matter what. And the ladies on the phone walking them through it, like it's okay, if you touch her, you could touch her, just do it on her chest. Oh there's a knife sticking out of her chest. Oh my god, she must have killed herself. Book says that, well, yeah, it's hood. Thanks, Like if you if you find your loved one dead, why would with a knife in their chest? Why would you ever think that it's just And listen, people do kill themselves with a knife, a knife, five cases in the grocer room of it. But it's super super rare, especially in a woman. It's just so so rare.
Speaker 3: I I just think, like Karen, read the detail. When you really get into the details of this case, you could really argue it either way. Oh yeah, And because of their sloppy that's why you can't say definitively well exactly exactly. That's the problem because they treated this as a suicide from the time the police and the Medical Examiner's office showed up that they didn't treat it as a crime scene at all. And it's the same with the Karen Reid case. They didn't treat it as a crime scene. And that's when people lose all your trust. They just don't, you know. And then there was that shady shit with his uncle going the next day and taken her computer and stuff because it wasn't labeled a crime scene, so he was allowed back in to get the belongings. And you're just like, why did his uncle take her computers?
Speaker 1: Why? It's weird to me. I'm sorry, it's just fucking weird. And he was like a lawyer, and they're like, well, there's something shady there.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's unusual. I was watching this twenty twenty about Karen Reid last night and Matt Murphy was actually in it, and he said, because a lot of people were really critical of her for immediately getting a lawyer, but he said in that special that that's pretty common if you were associated with a death like this, even if you were one hundred percent innocent, you should just get legal counsel because it's smart. But the fact that he got a lawyer and they're like taking the belongings and try to get rid of stuff that is weird, but trying to get rid of what stuff or taking the computer we know she had for that suspicious Yeah, for Ellen Greenberg. Sorry, so we know she had suspicious searches. We know she was on and off of some psychiatric medications. I don't know if he's going to try to play that as he was trying to protect her because it's something not a lot of people knew, or what the hell was going on. I don't want to say either way.
Speaker 1: What happened is your text messages between them that he just seemed very douchey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that doesn't make somebody a killer.
Speaker 1: I understand that, But that might be why she was on anxiety met I'm just you know what I mean, Like, you can't say that either, you just I can't because I've been in a relationship with someone that sucked before and it gave me anxiety. So I could speak from personal experience sometimes like you could just you could just think about things like that, Like it's not wrong to just assume that, right. I'm not saying it as fact. I'm just saying, like, hey, I was I was once in a in not in a great relationship and had anxiety and wanted to be on meds to make it go away.
Speaker 3: Like, if he really didn't have anything to do with this, I feel bad because it's been going on for a while. If he did have something to do with it, I guess we're gonna see how that plays out because the investigation.
Speaker 1: How outrageous would it be if he had something to do with it and he thought he was like in the clear and then that's when he decided to get married and I have kids and stuff, and now he might be going on trial for that because who else would go on.
Speaker 3: Trial for it? Well, generally speaking, I just want to say, if you have committed a crime, it's really ignorant to think that you're beyond it. With technology, DNA everything like that going on today, I don't think there's ever a point where you should be like, cool, I'm in the clear. Because we see these things.
Speaker 1: It's a tough taste case right now too. I mean, I feel terrible for the Emmy's office to have to re examine this. It's because if whatever they say, if they say, okay, we determine that this is a homicide, then they're going to have to you then have to find somebody that did it. And it's it's like what if they are wrong? You know, that's the thing, and and you do, like I said, people do kill themselves with knives sometimes. But the whole thing is is the injuries that were made by the knife are are what's in question. And when they say that they're looking at these specific injuries and saying, you know, because one doctor said that that they looked at it and it did not incapacitate her. But then that particular doctor that looked at it said that she never looked at it. She said she has no receipts of doing a consultation for that case. But I do believe that he possibly brought it over to her to look at and just was like, hey, look at this. You know what I mean, because we do that all the time in pathologies, like totally like off the books, just like what do you think about this? But like if that was the determining thing. And doctor Rourke, who's who's an excellent, like world renowned neuropathologist, said that it would have been good if that was in writing, you know, to kind of cover all the bases here, and if she determined that, oh, she still could have been moving her arms even if she made this incision, then like end the story.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I'm curious how this is gonna play out. I mean when you were just like thinking you're in the clear, I was thinking, you know, they didn't catch Joseph DiAngelo, the Golden State killer for fifty years, but they did the last known committed c I was in the seventies and they rested him I believe, in twenty eighteen. So everybody should be on their dose. I just think it. They don't.
Speaker 1: I understand that. I just think that right now, if there's no more evidence that could come out, it's just kind of like obviously you would think it's the boyfriend because he was there and he acted weird and this and like the whole scene of it was weird and unusual. But at the same time, like there's not really any evidence besides circumstantial which is minimal. That's that that would implicate him at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I think they're gonna have a really difficult time because it all boils down to the original investigation, which was fourteen.
Speaker 1: They're gonna I would say that they'll probably just change it to undetermined. Yeah, so that would be that would be safe unless, like you know, unless a neuropathologist looks at it with certainty and says no, this, you know, I just think at this point it's too messy. But I'm happy. I'm happy for her family that they're getting some answers because if it was handled correctly, like you were saying, if the evidence was handenedled correctly in the beginning, then maybe they would have been at peace with it. And they've made their life a living fucking hell.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, I can't even imagine going through something like this and then you have to fight, you know, a government and to tea about something like this, and that just makes it all the heart Yeah, all the more difficult. So at least hopefully this is some steps to getting them some type of closure that they deserve.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Back in twenty twenty three, this woman thought it was a good idea to use a hair dryer to warm up her infant son, and of course she was high and fell asleep while the hair dryer was still on and ended up burning.
Speaker 1: The child to dead. This lady's thirty two has a baby. The kid had such severe burns on its body. I don't even know, like what the actual cause of death was, was a hyperthermia, I'm not sure. They just said that the baby's body was burned, but just from a skin burn in a couple hours, I don't think that that would be something that would kill you. It's there has to be a little bit more to the mechanism that caused the kid to actually die there. But and I don't know if it was a couple hours or how long she went to the to sleep, but she woke up and he was unresponsive, and she tried to give him CPR and everything, and he ended up dying. And they found they said that what she was trying to like hide an apparatus to smoke marijuana. See like they were just saying that she smoked weed, and you say she's high. It's like, well, she wasn't high on like heroin. You know, she was on weed, which is legal, right every like everybody smokes weed. Now, I smell it all day long outside. It's like a new flower outside.
Speaker 3: Parts of this story that are really I'm really confused about, or they're saying. She was arrested the following day on one count of cruelty to children in the second degree, but then she was released on if your kid died from something you did, why are you getting released on bond? And then of course, while she's out on bond, a year later, she gets a DUI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean this, this is the thing though she she's out on bond because in like it was negligence, but it was an accident. I don't think that they determined that she was under the influence.
Speaker 3: So can't you see this the same as like as a dui, Like you willingly did something while you were on Yeah, but if you if you get in an accident and kill somebody with a DUI, you don't always go to jail either.
Speaker 1: It just depends. It just depends. But I would I don't know, like if they put things in different categories because easily like let's say, I mean she had weed, right, but let's say she took benadryl and fell asleep or something too like the whole thing she was doing was just fucking stupid. It's it's just I don't even understand, Like did she not have heat, why was she whatever? I don't know, but it was just stupid to begin with, but it was. It was just negligence and stupidity. I don't I just don't see that she could be in jail for a long time for that when they determined that she wasn't like trying to hurt the kid.
Speaker 3: Really well, now a grand jury's hit her with second degree murder charge, so somebody thinks it's more serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I don't know what the circumstances are behind that.
Speaker 3: But well, this next one's really interesting, involving a DUI. So in Sweden, this guy was flying a drone over a temporary no fly zone that was over a car show. So police tracked a drone back to this guy and they tested his blood alcohol level, which was point zero six ' nine. And really interestingly, in Sweden their legal limit is point zero two, whereas here it's point zero eight. So because he was technically over the Sweden's legal limit, he was charged with a drone d UI. This is something I never even thought of. But it Oh but actually because he was flying in restricted airspace, and now with all this shit that just happened over the past couple days with the airplanes, you're kind of like, Okay, maybe this is just something I never even thought of. You know how we talked about this on this show that New Jersey's having, Like I don't know if we still are because I haven't seen it, but we were having this crazy drone problem with these big drones flying over and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Some of those drones are freaking big. They're like the size of a car, I know. So I don't know if a regular person, like, can I just go buy a drone that's that big if I have enough money to buy it. I don't know. There has to be some kind of regulations or whatever. But like, certainly I guess you shouldn't be driving them if you're drunk. Well, not campos to go in a certain height and in certain areas well.
Speaker 3: They're saying it's an aircraft even though it's flown by itself, it is controlled by someone down on the ground and could fall from a high height and injure somebody let alone to hit a helicopter an airplane caused significant damage or a deadly crash, depending on the size of the own, so he used charge a dui and find three thousand dollars for it. I'm curious either to get to find three thousand dollars for DOUI with a regular car in this country. No, but I'm fascinated that their legal limit is so low compared to here. It should be, yeah, it should be, but I'm just like it was boy, you know what.
Speaker 1: You know, what's like an excellent example because I don't drink that much, right, so when I do, if I just were to drink to get my blood to be right at the legal limit, I would be piss ass dronk. I'm telling you, I get drunk so easily off of one drink. I would never I could never drink drive with one drink, even if it was a glass of wine. I couldn't. So it varies from person to person, especially depending on like how dependent you are on alcohol, your tolerance, but that it's very it's very high limit. Considering that there's some people that go to the bar one time and like, hey, let me just have you know, yeah, I mean I know other people that could have five or six drinks and be completely fine to drive.
Speaker 3: But well, it varies person to person. That's why. Yeah, I don't think they base it off of how many drinks you said you had, but what's going on in your body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it doesn't matter because the blood Like what I'm trying to say is the blood work and the blood alcohol level isn't necessarily telling. It's not equivalent to your impairment, you know what I mean. Like, I like my I'm saying, if I have one drink, I feel like I can't drive, but my limit would still be considered legal, even though I personally think my impairment's off. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: All right? This next one is so completely disturbing. So in Florida, this sixty three year old guy asked his thirty year old son to help him get back into his email account. I guess he got locked out typical boomer question by the typical boomer question. But while the son was trying to get his dad back into the email account, he came across child porn that was stored in the dad's phone and ended up turning him into the police. That I love this story, so it's cool that he did that.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine going through your parents' email and finding fucking child porn?
Speaker 3: Listen, what was it? Nine hundred and Yeah, we're not talking about one picture. We're talking about nine hundred and fifty two files.
Speaker 1: And the worst part is is that so this guy, the son, is thirty years old, the dad's sixty three. He has other children and has grandkids that would fucking frighten me.
Speaker 3: And they said in the pictures the kids were ranging from ages five to eight years old. That is absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for the son because, like you, like, nobody ever even wants to see those pictures. No, So it's like, now your dad is one hundred percent going to jail for this, which we could talk about him getting let out on bond two, but you have to deal with that this is now public information. You had to see these pictures against your will when you just thought you were helping an innocent boomer like get back into their email. But the dad was released after posting one hundred thousand dollars bond. I don't understand why bond is even allowed for somebody in this situation. Clearly is he has a harm to children in society If he's saving pictures like this.
Speaker 3: He admitted he was doing it. It's not like he was even trying to act like his phone got hacked. I don't.
Speaker 1: It just is so gross, it really is. It's really really discussed. I just I can't stand that a guy. I can't stand that people can get this stuff. That's what bothers me the most. It's not like he took them of a child he had access to, like he was able to get them off the internet somehow, and that bothers me so Like, I just with the amount of technology that exists, I just don't understand how this is possibly going on, that all of these people are trading. We actually had another story we didn't talk about this week that we can mention really quick that there was this law enforcement husband and wife from New Jersey that was distributing child porn of with their own children, like and people. They were doing it on some site called kick, a social media site called kick. I never even heard of it, But there's all these like new, smaller social media sites that might not.
Speaker 3: Have wasn't that the site the Yes I shooter was, like.
Speaker 1: I believe so I was like I felt like I heard this before, but like I'm saying, like they're a smaller company, so they might not have the same amount of technology that like Facebook has or something, you know, and they need to like, like, it's just so freaking disturbing that that there's not some technology that could pick up that there's that there's a child. It's just so fucking gross to me.
Speaker 3: So can't He's facing over twenty felony charges and each of those charges carries a maximum of fifteen years. So hopefully this guy just goes to jail for the rest of his life and rots in there. Do you think that the thing?
Speaker 1: Do you think honestly, like, this guy's third and he's known his dad his whole life, Like, do you think that there's other stuff too? And this was this It can't be like a total shocker that this happened.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe it's one of those like you ever eat a meeta older guy that's just like a little like pervy or creepy, Like you can't assume they're doing the absolute worst thing ever like this, But I'm sure there were certain personality traits that were probably like, you know, off putting. And now they're a piece together, and I wonder if they're they're going to have to interview the grandchildren and the kids and see if they ever were molested. Yeah, because how could you trust that he wasn't doing that. I know, it's it's really disgusting.
Speaker 1: I know, it really is. Okay, medical news, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So the FDA has announced a new non opioid painkiller called jur Navis.
Speaker 1: Suzetra that's how it is pronounced. I believe Suzetra gene that's the generic form it. So I guess it's been twenty five years since they've made a pain medication, probably because they're scared shitless because of the whole opioid thing. The last one they made was Celebrex, which is got its problems as well, used for arthritis and things like that. But the most shocking part of this article is that they're saying that the most commonly prescribed drugs in hospitals is for pain management eighty million prescriptions a year, eighty million and half of those are.
Speaker 3: For opioids, and just in the United States, just.
Speaker 1: In the United States side. It's fucking outrageous. It's so bad. They're way over prescribed. But I guess this. So this new drug, the opioids work by changing the way that your brain perceives pain, whereas the new drug is blocking the pathway, So you are experiencing the pain, but your brain doesn't know it that it's experiencing it. Now, I think that that in theory on paper, that sounds great, but I just don't trust anything now because you're just like, but what's the butt, Well, what's the terrible thing that's going to come out of this? Like what could we predict now that's going to be a problem in thirty years from now.
Speaker 3: Let's not forget that oxy cotton was also advertised as a non addictive pain management and let's how'd that turn out?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that was like not really too long ago, like in modern medicine. It's it's just like they definitely knew it was a problem.
Speaker 3: So we, you know, have this giant problem in the world now because of that, I want to have faith in this and think it's this awesome thing. I don't know if I'll fully trust it for a long time because of how oxycotton went down.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe by the time you're you're a handicapped senior citizen, you could and you're you start getting really bad pain in your joints. It'll be you'll be ready to try it in thirty years or something.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see. I you know, I've talked about this many times, how that documentary The Crime of the Century on HBO about your life and ruined my life. It really made me question, you know, entities like this and them getting paid off, and that horrible family, the Sacklers. They're still trying to fight to get immunity in court, and I'm happy that the government is like, fuck you, We're not letting you get away with any of this because they don't deserve it.
Speaker 1: So I will say it, but like I don't need to see it. I trust me. I know what's happening behind the scenes with the pharmaceuticals and stuff.
Speaker 3: There was one story in there. I literally started crying, which we know is not hard for me to do, but this one person was talking about their significant other and how they got in some type of accident and they were prescribed oxy cotton and at one point that I believe it was a wife that was on the drugs and the husband went in their living room and she had been folding laundry when he left the room, and when he came back in the room, she was literally passed stout standing up in the hamper, Like, think about how horrible that is. And that's just one example of just like how horrible these drugs are and how they could take these people that are not their traditional you know, addicdes exactly and turn them into these people. And it's disgusting and really sad. So I'll keep saying this. I want to have faith in this and hopefully it will change things around. But also it's going to be expensive. They were saying it's going to be around fifteen dollars a pill, which is a lot of money, and it's going to take some time for that to go down, and we're gonna have to wait for studies over all these years and see the long term effects of it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of this, this is like maybe a completely different side note, but I saw this Instagram account. It was like, there's a couple that document Kensington and Philadelphia. I don't know exactly which particular one this was, but just speaking of the opioid epidemic and everything, if you guys haven't seen videos from Kensington Philadelphia, it's just shocking that this exists anywhere in the world, that people are living like this. And this one photo, this one video had this woman who was just high laying there. She was alive, you could see her moving. She looked dead though, and she had like a million flies on her crotch, right, And then it panned over to a couple next to them, and there was a guy sitting on a chair and there was a woman that was like straddling him and they were both completely just high and like awake but not awake, you know. And just on this on a sidewalk in Kensington. It's just yah, it's just so outraged, like a beach chair, drugs all over the ground. It's it's just it's just so fucking sad. And it all originates from this shit, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean when you drive through that area of the city, it's like zombie land. It just feels actually so.
Speaker 1: It's unreal, and I feel so terrible because I'm like, the these are people's children, you know, like nobody wants to be there. You're there because the circumstance. But it's just that life is not even a life, you know. It's just so terrible to be trapped in a body like that. It's so terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right. So, after Christmas in twenty twenty three, this family from Toronto went on what they claimed was their dream vacation and the Dominican Republic. And the first night they were there, they ate at the buffet at the resort. By the following morning, they were all pretty sick. They were begging the hotel for help and they were just kind of blowing them off, being like, yeah, yeah, go to the medical center on site, and I guess at some point they made it clear that they weren't able to get there on their own. So eventually they get wheelchaired over to the facility and the mother and the young son in this case are having difficulty breathing, so they transport them to a local hospital via ambulance and they ended up dying there shortly after.
Speaker 1: Is this like so scary?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I guess what happened, it seems is that so they didn't have symptoms for nine hours after they.
Speaker 3: Ate, and then it came on.
Speaker 1: It came on violently, and it sounds like they were saying that they couldn't leave the hotel room because they were probably throwing up and shitting so bad that I mean, like, think about this, You're in your hotel room and you got to walk down to the lobby when you're vomiting and stuff like that, Like it's really hard to think about even doing because and plus when you're like that, you're very weak and you feel well and stuff. But the problem is is that if you're losing fluids that fast, you could have a major electrolyte imbalance that it could kill you. Really if you're not getting fluids put into you as fast as you're losing them like that. You know, that's why every time you have diarrhea and stuff, they're like, drink plenty of fluids and stuff. But this is a situation where they needed an IV long before they ended up getting treatment. And I think that, I mean, they didn't really say what caused it, but I think it just the way that it sounds that it was some kind of a bacteria that put off toxins that were just just extra virulent and nasty and well, you.
Speaker 3: Know, it was complications from food poisoning, but not specifically what type of Yeah, they didn't say, I mean, that's what they did the autopsy. So imagine being on vacation with your family and then all of this going down your family having to get autopsied and freaking Dominican Republic. Like the whole thing sounds like such a nightmare. Well, so the husband and one of the other children survive, Oh my god. And now it's like the dad has to tell the other little kid, your mom and your brother did, and they're.
Speaker 1: Always making at a Windham hotel. It wasn't some shadiest thing. It was like a like a that's what I you know what I mean, Like I would think that that was a more prominent hotel that you could trust, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Well, you want to think you could trust it. But now they filed ten million dollar civil lawsuit claiming the resort lacked proper hygiene and the emergency procedures and did not respond in a timely matter when the family reported the OWNUS. So I'm curious how that's gonna work out. I'm curious about the buffet. If they were following protocols, If other people were getting sick to what.
Speaker 1: Food, someone else had to get sick too, There's no way, yeah, you know what I mean, Especially if the mom and the dad and all of the people in the one family were sick, other people got sick as well. But I think that ultimately it just was because they were losing too much fluid. Yeah, I mean, so this is crazy. I looked this up and apparently there's a website called iwspoisoned dot com where you've heard of this before, Yeah, where you could anonymously put places that you've traveled. It's actually a good idea. You couldn't. I mean, you gotta take it with a grain of salt because people are gonna it's like a review website. But on that website it says places that people have traveled and where they've gotten sick, and Dominican Republic is a big one. And then in twenty twenty three, Forbes maggot zine in the UK went through all of these travel forums, like millions of them, and they were searching terms like food poisoning, food borne illness, all this stuff, and they got hit the most hits from the Dominican Republic with over thirteen thousand posts people saying that they've gotten sick on vacation there. So apparently their standards are not as good there, because why would more people be getting sick?
Speaker 3: There was there that controversy a couple of years ago where people were dying out all the telrooms because they were like putting the bed bug bombs in the room and letting people go in right aft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I don't know. It just was saying that, you know, the Dominicans known for its nightlife and its white sandy beaches and stuff. But they're saying that over ten percent of people that have traveled complain of holiday sickness from that particular location.
Speaker 3: Like it's it's it's really that's a little too much for me, it is.
Speaker 1: That's that's a high number to think about that, and when you're especially if you're traveling and you're used to your country and used to your healthcare in your country. I don't care if you're coming from America, wherever you're coming from, Canada, UK, whatever, you go there and it's it's not your country, you know, and you're not going to get the same medical treatment and stuff there as you would hear. And it's scary to have an event like that when you're far from home over something that's preventable, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, we don't really have any other death news today, so we're just going to jump onto questions of the day. Every Friday at the APT Mother Knows Death Instagram account. We put a story up you guys can ask whatever questions you want. We got a lot this week that we're pretty interesting. So first, when somebody does with breast implants, are they removed before cremation or burial? No, I would if I had breast in plant. I have had on a couple time, not myself.
Speaker 1: On an autopsy, I will usually take them out because they usually just pop out. Honestly, when I take the chest plate off, because I'm cutting through the pector alis muscle and it usually is just sitting there and it's kind of hanging in there, and I just take it out because it's easier. But No, under normal circumstances, they wouldn't. They wouldn't take them out. I don't see why they would. I just do because they're there. But yeah, I don't think so too. What were your pregnancy cravings. I didn't really have any crazy ones. I just ate like a fat pig. I gained so much weight, so so much weight, Like they count with Lilian Progis with me, Yeah, I mean I eat Progis a lot, but I feel like I'm just like an habitual eater anyway.
Speaker 3: You know what you had with Lilian was big Max you were You've I've barely seen no you were eating them a.
Speaker 1: Lot like you. I eat everything a lot. Like it's it's really bad. I cape I hate being pregnant, but like I couldn't control my eating at all. It was really bad right like right now, I'm like, like if you brought me a big mac right now, I'd want to eat it. I can't even eat it because it's not even gluten freight, but like i'd eat it right now. But like I can control myself and be like I can't eat a big mac every day. No, when I'm pregnant. It's just like I don't give a fuck. I will eat everything under the sun, and I don't care if I consume eight thousand calories a day, like it just cupcakes, milkshakes, whatever. Like it's just really bad. Like it was like a binge, but not anything specific. I always like crave sweet stuff too, about whatever, All right, our last ques. We the busiest people that are like I gained twenty pounds.
Speaker 3: You're like I gained eighty p well, I towards the end of the pregnancy, they say.
Speaker 1: We're feel me within nutrition is because you're gaining too much weight, And I'm like, I eat five cupcakes a day. I know why I'm any weight. I don't need a nutrition is like they're gonna tell me I know why I'm gaining weight. It's not like I'm ignorant. I just want it, like I.
Speaker 3: All right. Our last question is what do you think so far on the blake and justin situation? Oh, I got.
Speaker 1: Thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: So we haven't really talked about it because this is not you know, something necessarily you know what we should We should.
Speaker 1: Talk about it though, because it is a crime to falsely accuse someone of sexual assault, and it kind of diminishes people that have really went through sexual assault.
Speaker 3: It's fucked up, actually if I mean if.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm sorry, but we're reading the text messages, like I don't care what either side of the story is. We can determine by looking at the text message is what happened?
Speaker 3: Right. I was talking about this over the weekend because it's like, you don't want to be that person that dismisses how somebody felt. Right if they do, well.
Speaker 1: Fuck her like she's making shit up.
Speaker 3: Dude, I don't want to say normally, I don't want to say somebody did didn't go through something like that, if that's what they're saying, what their experience was. But it's a little hard to be that way when you're reading when her lawsuit's saying one thing, and then he has everything to prove that incorrect. So I think they're both extremely annoying people.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that is definitely that everybody could agree with that.
Speaker 3: I understand his need to make this website with all the evidence, but I think it's losery at the same time. But I mean, he's lost everything, He lost his manager, his agent deals, so he, in my opinion, he has nothing to lose, so he's trying to clear his name. But with that said, I think he's cringey on his own level. I think her and Ryan Reynolds have been kind of a problem for a while and people have always thought they were annoying. I think everybody was on her side because of the sexual harassment stuff, but it's really hard when you're you know, reading all the text messages and you see hers have things redacted, and then she's saying things and like putting Taylor Swift and her husband on him and her her dragons. Oh, talks like that.
Speaker 1: It's she's just so cringey.
Speaker 3: I just think they're both incredibly annoying, and this is like spiraling out of control.
Speaker 1: I think I have a more sustinct thing of what I think. I believe that she was having some kind of a flirtatious, slash inappropriate relationship with him, whether it be physical or emotional, and her husband found out about it, and she, instead of like getting in trouble with him and her marriage and everything, just pushed it off as like he was putting me in this position. And I don't think that they ever thought in a million years all this shit would come. They didn't think when they put this story forth that there was going to be a website with their text messages that people would be able to read the other side.
Speaker 3: Of the story, and like where she didn't think they were miked, but he was miked. So her whole account got washed because she's saying, oh, he's muzzling my neck and saying I smell really good. But then when you see the clip, which is their actual conversation, not her retelling it, you're just like, no, it didn't really go down like that. I think a lot of things they consider too, is it's my opinion that she did not read the book, and therefore she did not know how many sex scenes and how sexual the book was. I also think that because something happened between them, you agreat, did.
Speaker 1: You read the text?
Speaker 3: You read them?
Speaker 1: Yeh, because I would never text another guy with this, like these little hints and these little like you know, I get a little saucy, like it's like this this like I think she's crossing a line. Yeah, I think he was also crossing a line in some capacity as a married man and talking to him. But if you read his thing, like even she was saying all this shit to him and he was like, yeah, like my kids just left for a couple of days and my wife just left. Oh Like, I don't know, he was trying to like get around it in some of the things.
Speaker 3: It's just so there's also another component of this is there is another book in this series, but it's a prequel that he currently has the rights too. So I don't know if this is her way of trying to obtain the rights to the next movie so she could keep working on it. I don't. I actually think it's supposed to be her when she's younger, So I don't even know if she'd be good.
Speaker 1: Is it good? I don't particularly care about it.
Speaker 3: I don't particularly like this author, but people that really love this book said the movie was very good. So I can't speak on it because I don't particularly like how that author writes. But the people that do really like that book really like the movie, which I will say should be a compliment because big readers that read books of this level are usually extremely critical of the movies that come out.
Speaker 1: He's suing her for for slander.
Speaker 3: He's suing her and the New York Times. He said, I believe defamation, which we had to talk about this yesterday, Like you could sue somebody for defamation. Defamation cases are really hard to prove. You have to prove you've had monetary loss or some type of loss. You can't just be like that person said bad things about me and then you get money, Like you have to prove your life has been affected by it.
Speaker 1: In the dream and make him go away and cancel him. Is what's happening?
Speaker 3: He has lost?
Speaker 1: And yeah, like she's got more. You know, her dragons are more powerful than his.
Speaker 3: She said that, like, yeah, I think they're both kind of losers and like the text are cringey. I've heard that her private text messages with Ryan Reynolds are getting subpoenaed. And let me tell you how fast.
Speaker 2: Side tittle loss because I'm sure anybody that ever talks so their significant other has said, you know, highs and lows of every aspect of their life.
Speaker 1: So I would never want that ever. No, well, I mean, just she's really asking for it. They better just I don't. I don't want to. I actually want him to be strong and be like, no, you know what, release those Let's like, I don't need the money, Let's release it and show everyone how you guys really are. Because they had no problem trying to destroy him. Why should he be cordial right now?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's kind of weird that he's putting all this stuff out and she's not responding to it at all. And I think some of her supporters are like, she's just stronger than him, and I'm like, she has supporters, really, No, this is this is truly a Karen Reid situation. Like your team Blake or your team Justin, you cannot be in the middle, and fuck you if you're not on my lip I've.
Speaker 1: Never seen a post that has anybody supporting her. I mean, there's a lot of people supporting I mean, and that could be like an algorithm thing that I get fed everyone that you know that is uh, the other side. But I actually want to read both sides of every issue, right because I want to I want to be able to form my own opinion. But I did just go on that website and read the text messages for myself, and I'm just like, if I was sending text messages like that and Gabe bread them, he would not be happy that I was sending those to another man that I was fucking in a movie by the way, Like they're sex scenes, Like you're pretty intense in that movie I've heard, so yeah, It's which I always think is awkward anyway as an actor, Like I know you're acting and stuff, but when you're like rubbing up against a hawk girl, like you're gonna get excite, Like I'm sorry, you're playing it like It's just you can't turn that off all the time, right. That's why so many people that are in movies and stuff together end up together because they're making out and stuff and whatever. I just there's something there that he's jealous or there's something with the marriage. I'm telling you, well, I'm gonna be a genius when this comes out.
Speaker 3: Well, you're not the only person that thinks that everybody thinks that I'm I'm a little you know. Last week I was getting over it. I was like, I don't care anymore. Every podcast I listened to covers it. And now that the website came out, which should just be like, fuck, Blake.
Speaker 1: What are all the podcasts that you're listening to? Saying because I don't I don't listen to podcasts. I think, like, I don't really listen to that many podcasts, but I don't think they're covering it much.
Speaker 3: Well, at first, it seemed like everybody was on her side because of this sexual harassment stuff and him being like this cringey male feminist and all this shit. But now I think that he's coming to maleist. That's what his podcast was about, being a male femine.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't even really know who these people are, and I don't care.
Speaker 3: I've really never heard of him before this happens, so I just want to say that.
Speaker 1: But I think everyhole thing is fake, just for like a publicity stimp for the movie.
Speaker 3: No, I really don't, because the movie did really well before any of this came out. Oh so, I think everybody was initially on her side because of the sexual harassment claims and like, you don't want to be that person that's telling somebody what their experience was like. But now that he has all these receipts of everything and every single claim she's had and having the other side of it, now, I think that people are swaying to his side because it's it's undeniable, you're looking at exact evidence, and if this goes to trial, which it's scheduled for in March of twenty twenty six, I think it's going to be just as entertaining.
Speaker 1: Six that's next year. I think he tied to Discovery. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: I think this will be on the same level of the Gwyneth Paltrows the excited one exactly. And I hope it's like TV ridiculous thing. Yeah. I can't wait, but that's our thoughts. Can't wait to get some nasty grams from about that, but ugh whatever. If you guys have a story for us, please submit it to stories at motherdosdeath dot com and we will see you later in the week. Say ya.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Mother Knows Death. As a reminder, my training is as a pathologist's assistant. I have a master's level education and specialize in anatomy and pathology education. I am not a doctor and I have not diagnosed or treated anyone dead or alive without the assistance of a licensed medical doctor. This show, my website, and social media accounts are designed to educate and inform people based on my experience working in pathology, so they can make healthier decisions regarding their life and well being. Always remember that science is changing every day and the opinions expressed in this episode are based on my knowledge of those subjects at the time of publication. If you are having a medical problem, have a medical question, or having a medical emergency, please contact your physician or visit an urgent care center, emergency room.
Speaker 3: Or hospital.
Speaker 1: Please rate, review, and subscribe to Mother Knows Death on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere you get podcasts.
Speaker 3: Thanks