Speaker 1: I have to buy a new toilet paper. I you know how like a couple of weeks of this time, I had a thin ass like mucky ply like it wasn't even fucking real, and we haven't bought any yeah, because like you know, when we moved into this new place, people just like someone gave us, like a fucking military great amount of this terrible toilet paper.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And now I'm like, four years, Well, did they hate you or something like?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I think they're just like, here's a lot of toilet paper. I'm like, bro, this is a joke ting. This is not I cannot dab my eye with this ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you guys not get a.
Speaker 1: Sturdy because I'm like, that'd be the if I look, if my house burned, then that's the first thing I'm buying. So I can buy in Brian. The first fucking thing I got was a total Japanese bidet attachment. I'm like, bro, I'm not necessary Toto, but like my asshole the city clean. I had to go Toto on them Africa, bro, because this ship I needed to honor my asshole is the only thing I had. But the thing is like to.
Speaker 2: Go Toto on them. It's like a twenty one Savage Africa.
Speaker 1: But like it was just one of those things where like I, yeah, I needed to have a just I needed that comfort. And at that point when you use a the data the toilet paper is really just for drying off.
Speaker 2: Right, but you actually need better.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but you need you need something with the pick thick structural integrity as well as we call it in the industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a related complaint. I spent a lot of my time at UCLA, and their bathrooms there have the I'm not just talking about the toilet paper because I expect bad toilet paper in a public restaurant, but the college hand drying paper is tissue paper. Some of the it's just straight up it's like they're like, here, here are some fucking tissues. Like it sticks to you, like when your hands are wet. It just like turns, it just comes to pieces. And I've definitely seen that elsewhere, Like there's somebody who just had an excess of tissues who is like, we're gonna pivot. We're gonna pivot to claiming that we can dry people's hands with this ship idea.
Speaker 1: All right, I know these are the shittiest tissues. No one wanted. What if we said they were paper towels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the ones that like come out, you know, like they come out wanted to, like they're in a container kind of like this, you know where it's like they come out of the top. Yeah. I think it might be Torque brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Shit sucks.
Speaker 1: Shit sucks, dude. Yeah, I fucking told them, man.
Speaker 2: Said, let me speak to your manager. Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week friend edition of Dirt. Oh yeah, yeah, I love this show, absolutely love it. There's a production of iHeart Radio is the podcast where we tell you some of the things that we're trending over the weekend, some of the things that are trending right now. I am Jack O'Brien. That over there is mister Miles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm here, baby.
Speaker 2: Freshly new, like new video, just looking got a new looking great.
Speaker 1: I just switch it up, y'all for people who had to do it to them. Yeah, I'm sure you've heard the audio fidelity on this show or maybe four to twenty day fiance mad BOOSTI sometimes she can get a little wacky on my crackly but just replaced one of my computers. So now I'm in my new era right now.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, you look great. The camera's following you all over the room as you pace back and forth.
Speaker 1: Shout out to AI for that one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the good work today I was doing. You know, it's it's not replacing anyone. We we weren't planning on having a cameraman come in and tilt your camera backs a little and tilting follow him, follow him to stay on Miles for this.
Speaker 1: Is there a director you're speaking to it in the control So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is where we talk about the trends, about what's happening, but we also talk about what's going on with us by telling you something we think is underrated, something we think is overrated. Miles, do you want to kick us off with something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Oh? Fuck yeah? Italian back Italian brain rot content. Okay, I've talked about on the show. I'm not going to bore you with it. Just search Italian brain Rot. It's you're going to see a series of AI generated characters where people just say, oh, that's Cacodrillo Bombardino or that or that's Jim Panziniuccini or some whatever. So I go, I'll take the We go to the as a family go to the l A zoo. Yesterday, guy's child hasn't. He's now in his era where he's like, I'm like, do you want to see a monkey today? He goes yeah, you know because before and their baby, they're like they don't know what the fuck's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now you're just putting them in front of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now he's locked in. He's like, I want to see a giraffe? Can I see a giraffe? I say, yes, there's a giraft there. We go to get to feed the diraft. No, they say, did not feed the girafts. That wasn't anything too, oh dude, although there was Tell me shit, bro, when I get to the zoo. When you say that, though, I was like, oh, maybe you can. Because one dude was waving like eucalyptus in front of the draft. It came down and another dude just kept putting his beer to the giraffe's mouth. Oh no, And I was like, okay, see this is why we can't have beer at the zoo. But I get it. This is a county, this is a county facility, so all bets are off here.
Speaker 2: This sounds like it was taken over by private equity because back back then when I my kids were at this stage, we uh, you know, went to the zoo. There were people working there who were like, okay, as where you line up, you get a eucalyptus branch, and then in an orderly fashion, the giraffes know to come over here and just make sure to let go of the eucalyptus thing or they will lift you off your fucking feet.
Speaker 1: This was like, I probably like a Last of Us type situation where someone remembered the olden days. It's like, just take a switch of this eucalyptus and wave it. The giraffes will come. And then this other dude was just like, how about Pacifical toke a beer? It's but yeah, because you know they got off anyway, so we go see the chimpanzees. All these kids kept saying, chimpanzees, look at the chimpanzees. No, did you take a picture with the crocodilo bombordino? And I was like talking about a cayman. They're already and I guess more, it's not it's just look, I'm not like all I get it, like every generation is gonna have their weird shit they like to fix it on. But just the speed at which this ship takes hold because of TikTok is absolutely mind blowing.
Speaker 2: Like you're just hearing ambient references to Italian brain rot. Yes, like chimpanzee going around, chimpanzini, so many chimpanzini. What is it chimpange? Because this is so my thing. The reason I don't like the Italian brain RD is like you talk about it and you say it in a way that like it has a rhythm, and the videos like they have a rhythm to the way they say it. But I can never fucking remember what the words are banini and like, so I just have It's like instead of having a thing stuck in my head, I have a thing that is on the tip of my tongue stuck in my head, and I'm just like it's funny, Like, babe, you gotta it's funny. Chimpanzini.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's just whatever. So anyway, under I completely underrated. How Like, I know it was popular, but it's I don't know, man, kids might not know the names of animals after this.
Speaker 2: I mean they'll know new names of animals and they'll be viral and fun.
Speaker 1: So maybemeal nomenclature. Yeah, I know it. That's a chimpanzini banini. Okay, fucking tell me about bomia.
Speaker 2: Is there a giraft one? Is there a giraft brain run?
Speaker 1: There has to be. There's fucking one. There's ones for every there's one for everything. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: My underrated is the idea of giving the pope psychedelics. I think the I think we need the pope to take psychedelics. I read a New Yorker article by Michael Pollin, who's that journalist who has a whole book about using psychedelics and like plant based medicine. And I did not read that book, but this article is specifically so fair warning, I did not read the book. Uh. This article is specifically about a study they did with people who were like seminary students and like religious you know, uh, like ministers and various religious leaders across the board, you know, Islam, Judaism, Baptists, Episcopalians, and uh, they gave them psychedelics and like most of them were like this completely changes everything about how I think about religion. It like I started, they started having visions from other religions, you know, so they're like, oh, like this like Baptist starts seeing images from Islamic art, and like this Episcopalian, which Episcopalian is like Catholicism light, it's like sort of like locked down. He starts speaking in tongues and yeah, yeah, and he was like I used to fucking think that was so whack. I was like, why are these people doing? Like they just want attention, you know what I mean, right, and yeah, exactly. When I see that, I'm like, yeah, yeah, sure, yeah, we get it. But you know, he had that experience, and I don't know, it just feels like it could be like they could be good for each other, you know, like organized religion. Obviously psychedelics could be good for organized religion, but like I also feel like a religious context is also maybe the right one for psychedelics, like because you know, right now I associate it with like medical lab settings, which feels a little weird and clinical, but like that's what needs to happen for them to be accepted. And then you know, sometimes annoying people who are like kind of new age about it and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I can see how they would have a This is the last thing that people who are like uphold those structures would want, because it's truly like these things haven't really had much change for centuries, you know, and not to the level where like many other places, like even other industries, some person kind of gets far out and brings a new idea to a certain industry or business or something like that. But like a religion, like bro, don't take no fucking shrooms and tell me what's up about this religion? Like yeah, now I can wow, I can see.
Speaker 2: I can see that kind of being like the future for both of these things. Because also, like you know, organized religion is on its way out, like it's just you know, we're seeing a lot of interest dropping off in that realm. And yeah, I mean like the substances were originally used in sacramental you know, holy contexts, and also like religions used to have more like mysticism, a lot of these like world religions, and they've just been like kind of written out of them because you know, you have to make it seem serious. And yeah, so like this allows religions to like it's not like a new direction, it's like reconnecting them with like ancient mystic traditions like across the board that have been kind of drilled out. So I don't know, like organized religion always finds a way to fuck things up. I'm sure they're like down, but also just it feels like it makes sense. It's a it's a good article. I recommend it the I don't need it.
Speaker 1: Bro I did a bunch of shrooms when I was seventeen and fully freaked out because my dog was dying. Pretty much same thing as being a cleric and taking the same deal. Yeah, same deal, same deal, same conclusions. We arrived out.
Speaker 2: I think we're I think we're done here. What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Overrated? Oh man, my resistance to tabletop gaming. I I have a lot of friends who do tabletop gaming. I've been I've been drawn in with some of the card games, your Jaws card games, your other ones. There was like a fascism one that was like really fun. And then Dungeons and Dragons is something like I did a couple times when I was a kid, a lot younger. Yeah, and obviously now it's huge, it's hugely popular again, especially with like these performances of like doing campaigns and things like that. So last night I went to the Hollywood Bowl and saw the Dimension twenty Live Dungeons and Dragons show, and holy shit, Okay, Like intellectually I knew, I knew they selled out the Madison Square Garden. I knew how you actually it went. Speaking in tongues, speaking in tongues, I'm out here, I'm chungled down, bimathy out here. Okay, That's what I was surrounded by. And it was just one of those things are like it immediately connected to like a I remember tabletop like doing Dungeons and Dragons and having that kind of fun and like the chance of you know, rolling the die and all that kind of thing. But then also the performance of it was so fun and so enjoyable. I was like, that's right, every because you know Kyle Ayers, he's come on before. He's like he runs campaigns, and he's always been like, guys, you should try it. He's like, we could have a lot of fun. It doesn't even have to be like fantasy stuff. It could be like a John McClain die hard thing. And it's been like we've been like yeah, yeah, okay, I mean like, yeah, that could be cool.
Speaker 2: And then esturing the jerk off hand motion to each other, He's like, it's a zoom, I can see what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Really fucking rude. Sorry, we're just insecure with things we don't know everything about. I don't know if that was transparent, but yeah, after this, I was like, oh, this is like totally totally fucking by my resistance to like these new things, especially new kinds of games, because I'm kind of rigid and like the things that I like totally fucking shattered so overrated. I'm slowly opening up now to to dungeons and dragons and having fun and like, watching this it was amazing and all the people on stage were such good fucking performers. Uh, Brendley Mulligan is like a fucking incredible, real fucking dungeon master. It's like when you see that, it does feel like there's like this other level of performance that you see and you're like, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: This is it's great storytelling, Like yeah, like that. The writing on the show is incredible. For people who haven't seen Amy, you can just go on YouTube, I think, or you.
Speaker 1: Have to go to there's some stuff, but yeah, if you subscribe to drop out, it's all there. And I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir because I feel like there's probably a ton of overlap with dropout listeners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and exact thing. Yeah, I'm in. I think we Yeah, could you.
Speaker 1: Imagine from Chris crofton you know what I mean? Like I even think for our listeners who don't even might not care. I think just that, like it's like another version of like a Santa University, where we can just go to.
Speaker 2: A Halloween version of Santa University. What do you think?
Speaker 1: Oh shit, all right, let's let's get in the lab. Let's get Yeah, let's get in Dexter's laboratory.
Speaker 2: I've been wanting out with. I think we should do like more Halloween content to lead up to Halloween.
Speaker 1: Halloween. Yeah, we've got I think look at look at us planning five months out, baby, this ain't six point eight weeks, motherfuckers, five under fifty days.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See the AI that they're trying to replace us with do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I gotta I gotta go.
Speaker 2: To one of these lab shows. Man, they sound incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, next time, next time we'll go Bimothy Chungus is hung chungle down, Bim chungle down. Yeah, that was the sort of main bad guy what a.
Speaker 3: Name?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Uh? My overrated is just like my assumption that I knew what songs were about, uh specifically specifically the song uh semi charmed kind of life baby Baby?
Speaker 1: Is it heroin?
Speaker 2: No, it's not, so I'm always like a heroin. It's it's a crystal meth. And the way that you know it's about crystal meth is because one of the lyrics is doing crystal meth will lift you up until you break. It won't stop, I won't come down. Uh it's yeah, I keep stock and a TikTok rhythm, A bump for the drop, and then I bumped up. I took the hit that I was given. Then A bumped again, then I bumped again. Then how do I get back to the place where I fell asleep inside you? So there's also like the down the downside scene?
Speaker 1: Yeah I did, Wow, I know right, like I just gnawing.
Speaker 2: Out mid pum. Is that what you're saying and saying? How do I get back to that place? Like that was the bar to reach? It's so wild? But yeah, I don't know. I like I went and looked at like the writing of the song, and they're just like, yeah, it was about like crystal meth and the dangers of addiction kind of, but they sound like they're flying for at least the first couple verses. I didn't read to the end, but I don't. Yeah, I guess I assumed that, like the vibe of the song just sort of washed over me and I got the drift. And but then I saw this reaction video where a guy is like really listening to the lyrics of the song and it is literally the most about drugs ass song since lou Reid named a song heroin. And then like you wade all the lyrics about the mechanics of how the needle works, Like it's really up there with just Straightorward name checking it. And I mean cocaine is even Cream or Clapton, I don't know, but anyway that one is like, is that one literally about cocaine or is it like about a person who is being compared as a metaphor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, she don't lie, she don't cocaine. I mean it's a metaphor lyric. It's not as like being like, yo, this is the fuck you pound up the rock.
Speaker 2: Remember when I fell asleep inside you? I just want to go back. But yeah, I thought this was like a gen z anthem about putting a positive spin on life, and it is not. It is about getting high on crystal meth.
Speaker 1: Our listening comprehension was not still is not good with music. I'm like, if if it feels upbeat, I don't know what they're talking about. And then I'm like, oh, this is an abortion, yeah right, yes, at least brick is on the note.
Speaker 2: It's like this is this sounds like what it's about? Yeah, yeah, exactly, bricks of cocaine. That's what that song's.
Speaker 1: About, right, oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Later he talks about like jaws locking up or like it's not.
Speaker 1: Great, Yeah, hanging out with Hitler, just rocking back and forth.
Speaker 2: How do I get back to that place where I was rocking back and forth? All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and continue to talk about drugs, people people on drugs.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, and we're back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn. First my Overrated and Underrated We're all about drugs, and our first story also about drugs. Hell yeah, man, So the New York Times has filed a shocking report that absolutely everybody saw coming. So Elon Musk. The guy keeps waving chainsaws around and crashing rockets for fun and.
Speaker 1: Saying he's on Kedemine all the time out loud.
Speaker 2: Saying I'm on Kedemine and doing Nazi salutes that seem like almost involuntary.
Speaker 1: They're so like, oh, Cory Booker do it, and mag is melting down no because he did. A. My heart goes out to you as like yeah, yeah, and they're like whoa and you're like no, and you know what, I love that now you're you guys are completely chipped now because you're like, what about this guy. It's like he doesn't have a whole background of Nazi shit.
Speaker 2: He's not simultaneously working with right wing government organizations in Germany to.
Speaker 1: Be like goes out to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't imagine that. It was as uh as dramatic and stiff armed as you know, Oh.
Speaker 1: Really, it's it's pretty good. It's pretty. It's pretty, it's pretty. It's pretty up there, it's pretty up there. But again, context is everything.
Speaker 2: This does not give the same energy at all of the Elon Musk one.
Speaker 1: So same. It's because if you took a freeze frame, then they're trying to be like we're yeah. But again, I love to see for the professional hypocrites start melting down over this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, speaking of melting down, the New York Times published a report alleging that Elon Musk has been using a cocktail of drugs including ketamine, ecstasy, magic mushrooms, psilocybin, and adderall on a daily basis, which would sound a lot more fun if he was like recording an album or you know, doing something cool and not bankrolling fascism. They have photographic evidence and like they're like, yeah, we actually like took pictures of his pillbox, or like somebody took pictures of his pillbox, so we can say. Because he is immediately questioning the veracity of the reporting, but.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean, look we saw it. Elon, Come on, now, what are we doing here? What are you really denying? Every video we've seen of you has been pretty pretty out there.
Speaker 2: He's been exhibiting frequent mood swings, no shit, and has a fixation on having more children. We're also two takeaways this New York Times report, like, honestly just feels like they were like, we are able to source the stuff that everybody else has been saying, and that's been obvious to everyone. The one additional detail is the kedemine use has fucked up his bladder, which is a problem that happens if you're like using it more often than you're supposed to be using it.
Speaker 1: What does that mean, like you just have to is it damaging their bladder or something or just the sensation of having to peek kind of your brain starts being like, gotta pe, gotta p.
Speaker 2: I'm actually not sure, but it h it's consistent with like over use of.
Speaker 1: It, right, oh boy, oh boy?
Speaker 2: But yeah, just a whole mess down there with the allegations that his penises and yeah, yeah, a lot going on down there, lot going on. But yeah, I mean he's talked about taking ketemineto treat depression on multiple occasions, and is like, I have serious concerns about SSRIs as they tend to zombify people. Occasional use of ketamine is much better in my opinion, but then overusing it and just giving that a terrible name, right.
Speaker 1: Right, right, He's look, god, he's he's really been on one ever since this story came out because like, did you see the the goodbyepart?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Trump, Yeah, Trump had like a press conference where he was standing there and he just like happened to have a black eye.
Speaker 1: And also was fucking high. Yeah, he was just like it was as Trump was talking, his eyes, Bro, this dude was peaking. Bro, he looked like me without the sunglasses on, like in two thousand and two at a rave or some shit where you're like he's taking those big ass breaths. Yeah, it was not a good look to have this article article come out, and then probably in his mind he's like, man, fucking all these people think I'm high.
Speaker 2: Probably, yeah, trying to act not high while you're high in front of the national media.
Speaker 1: You know what I do? Wish I do wish that on my worst. Now it's a kind of fun to see. Do you think he has any shame? I feel like he has no shame about it, Like in his mind he's leaving in a completely other like if he's fully off that ship. I don't think it even matters to him what people think. He looks like he's just like, bro, this is this is me. This how I'm getting by.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think I think he thinks it's cool. I think he's like trying to do a like rock star billionaire thing. Uh oh, you know, like I think he's like, we're, you know, a billionaire. I bet he says all the time behind closes, we're billionaires of the new rock stars.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know in the sense that they can like get away with doing literally anything they want. That's probably true. Yeah, But I will just like his run over like since the inauguration, like leading up to the inauguration, but like really like when he was like really high on the campaign trail up through now, I feel like is one of the most consistent. Like there's that video of like James Brown when he gets out of jail and he's like being interviewed on I think it's like early CNN, and he's just like flying. But then like you know, the next time he goes.
Speaker 1: On TV, he's like he's been told by people like don't do that, don't do that anyway? Night? Did night you find me that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I feel good. Yeah, I smell good, I make love good. Oh, trying to fuck the woman's interviewing him via.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like it's up there with with that. Like I feel like He is visibly that high all the time Elon Musk, like for the past, but like because nobody can tell him anything, because you know, being rich is the only thing that matters. He's just continuing continuously there in a way that's kind of gotta love seeing just the emptiness of uh, this whole worldview kind of on display.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the black guy?
Speaker 2: Do we think it's I think Jay Leno gave it to him.
Speaker 1: I know, like I'm like, hey, black Eye.
Speaker 2: Club, Black Eye Club.
Speaker 1: Look. Christy Amagucci Main posted on Twitter fire tweet that he suspects is Steven Miller who's left handed through a ass left hook and that's why he has like a like a light shiner. And also around the story as we talked about last week about Steven Miller's wife leaving the administration to go work for Musk full time now and Steven Miller went on like TV like and it's totally fun and it's fun. I'm sure it is who cares? Like all these people are fucking loveless freaks. But I don't know. I'm like, is he said, did you see his explanations? Here? Let me I'll play it. It's this whole interaction is so fucking funny because like Elon tries to make a joke about how he got it by referencing the Emmanuel Macron face mush, but here it is. And Jack, let me know if you hear this.
Speaker 2: What is your eye?
Speaker 1: Okay, what happened to your your eye? I know this was a bruce there. Well it wasn't anyone near friends. So but well, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: I didn't know?
Speaker 1: That's so fucking funny.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: You're flying on drugs? You try and make a joke in the persons, What does that mean? Uh, it's just you do friend anyway. So, uh, yeah, I was just hosking around with Alex and I said, go ahead, push me in the face, and he did. It. Turns out even a five year old punching you in the face actually does if you knew X he could do Musicisition said that, yeah, you have been horsing around with x euketamine. Molly freak, what are you talking about all the fucking time? Then he goes on because this whole thing was meant to look like Elon's goodbye party to try and be like bon Voyage special Government friends. Yeah, and it was meant to be like, this is sort of like the optics to be like, and guys, we are done with Elon Musk here at the White House. Please do not associate us with this pariah anymore. We have our own set of priority pariah as we'd like you to focus on. By the end of it, Trump basically like he'll be back, just like not even be like good guys, like I think he'll be back, and you're like, okay, exactly because this is he's not leaving. This is all to try and try and steady the polls a bit for the optics of this administration because we know this guy's going fucking nowhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah he he looks yeah once again very high.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Also beat up the dude, have we The last time we talked about the black Eye club was with Jay Leno. And there's like a whole conspiracy theory that like celebrities just show up with black eyes all the time.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: More than like, when was the last time you got a black eye, like a real like a yeah black black guy, say, like my early twenties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that shit was probably it wasn't even from like a like a fight. It was I remember Oh, I got headed in a like a soccer game. It was like, yeah, I was probably fucking twenty one twenty two.
Speaker 2: You know those motherfucker's not playing soccer.
Speaker 1: You know this motherfucker's getting black guys. Dude, he's down in the club.
Speaker 2: He's joining a black guy club man. Yeah, come on, follow, follow the black guys.
Speaker 1: Follow the black guys. Follow the black guys.
Speaker 2: Follow the black guys. Follow the black guys.
Speaker 1: We'll show you a good time. Also this, there is a fun tweet from the Wall Street Journal that said Trump was often at odds with the Musk. The billionaire's eccentric humor often confused the president, who told his aides that Musk was quote fifty percent genius, fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Boy boy, which also like coming from a guy who like eats steak with fucking ketchup and McDonald's like every day, that's that is wild. And who's like prize possessions like as signed bots and glove. Uh, that's that's wild.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're not doing like Rickles style like material, then Trump thinks your copies like He's like, what is that? He's like a boy like boy jokes.
Speaker 2: He I liked that, he like came in and like tried to help Trump. He was like his first lady, the first lady he's talking about the Yeah, trying to help explain his jokes for him, like you know, their friend is just too fucked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right right, Oh, that's what he's trying to say. That's trying to actually wing manned the joke he said because Macron, Yeah, that's what he meant.
Speaker 2: I do wonder if this is it's interesting that like he is this high all the time while working for the government, notoriously like very strict drug testing for like government jobs, and then also like SpaceX has incredibly strict drug testing because they're firing rockets yeah, into the sky.
Speaker 1: But it sounds like the testing is ramping up, Like Musk tweeted last week that it's like watchingly gonna be doing more tests at a higher rate now. And you're like, oh, the FA is just fully owned by you now when you're like, oh, yeah, that one blow up. Yeah, I just keep just I don't know, brute force it til you figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He's like somebody like at a Vegas like roulette table, just like tilting, you know, just being like me again, Actually we're gonna double that, just like keep going, but just with exploding billion dollar rockets in this guy just yolo and man, Yeah, that's right. Anyways, Well, we'll be keeping an eye on him. If I had to guess, he's like going somewhere to like dry out or whatever. You know, when he's like he'll be back.
Speaker 1: It's probably just like he'll be maybe he's like he'll be back when he fucking needs something. Exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like a dad, right, You're like, yeah, he's mad, Now he'll be back.
Speaker 1: He'll be back. A little cocaine should call me in the morning, as they saying, scarface.
Speaker 2: That's right. Meanwhile, Donald Trump has retweeted a conspiracy theory that I feel like is kind of the best case scenario for Joe Biden. He's retweeted the old Biden clone theory robot clone.
Speaker 1: Let's not forget we're talking dueling technologies in this conspiracy theory.
Speaker 2: The clone clone goes on the outside, robot on the inside. It's a term exactly, don't ask more questions. Everybody knows. If you don't know, if you don't understand the canon, that don't fucking ask. It's probably just a distraction for something like way more horrible and hugely consequential. But you know, it's just.
Speaker 1: This is the exact thing that he reposted on truth this quote. There is no hashtag Joe Biden execute in twenty twenty. Hashtag Biden, clones, doubles, and robotic engineered soulless mindless entities are what you see. Hashtag democrats don't know the difference. Hashtag us steel, hashtag Steele is that real? Yes, hashtag maga.
Speaker 2: The hashtags are first of all to do hashtag Joe Biden, hashtag Biden and it's just InCom hashtag Biden, clones, doubles, and robotic engineered soulless mindless entities are what you see.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: That's great, exactly, great pool quote.
Speaker 1: Man, So their clones, clones, doubles, and robotic engine are they are these three kinds of people parading around as Joe Biden or is this like an organic clone bot? But are we talking bionics?
Speaker 2: It's like how they achieved the special effects in Jurassic Park, where they practical yeah, some practical, some puppets, some literal robots, some of that CGI yeah yeah, okay, okay, it's such a over the top claim, but yes, indeed agreed. It's truly the last possible way to salvage Joe Biden's reputation. I feel like would be a rumor where he like did the thing everybody wanted him to do and like beat Trump, and that was his last act and then he was executed somehow and now it's just bad software.
Speaker 1: Well was that, yo, that was a clone? We had out there? Multiplicity they get a little bit wonky or every kind of copy you do, every subsequent copy of a he gets a little watered down.
Speaker 2: So I feel like you could convince him of this, Like, this would really fuck with Joe Biden's head if you passed this conspiracy theory at a long.
Speaker 1: Time, I would be like, I need you to sit down, Joe. You're a clone. You're a clone? What? Yes? Yes? If you remember, Oh god, that's just no, he's old and has cancer. Just stop talking and just go just go ride out your life. Okay, thanks for dragging us down with you.
Speaker 2: Now we we do want to talk about the evidence because there is an eight hour Facebook video. Those posted in.
Speaker 1: Eight hour Facebook videos is the most frightening grouping of words I've ever heard in my life. Eight hour Facebook.
Speaker 2: People on true Social backed up his claim with posts about how Biden's eyes changed from blue to black, which just to correct them. There, his eyes have always been the same color, which is coin slot there. He just has little dashes under his eyebrows. There's nobody, nobody knows that's what color his eyes are.
Speaker 1: And you have to put a coin into activating them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you haven't had eyes back there since the late eighties.
Speaker 1: They receded into coinslots. That's right, He's he's got I mean, Trump is like, I don't know, mass, We're dealing with another old person who's freaking out online constantly. Because he was also just screaming about a CBS conspiracy theory this weekend too. Along with this Biden clone thing. He was claiming that CBS was suppressing footage of his twenty fifteen Coal Bear Show appearance. He's like, Dan, dodn't want you to see it. It's gone. It's everywhere been e race. They don't want you to see Trump. It's nowhere scrubbed except for YouTube dot com where you can just search it, just.
Speaker 2: Watch it right there.
Speaker 1: It's like, what are you fucking saying? Dude? Who's saying things to you or is this truly just your late night freakis that you got to keep doing because you know the gray matter is starting to go mushy?
Speaker 2: Sir, the president's having the late night freakys again. What do we do?
Speaker 1: Damn it? Did you? I thought you said you drained his phone, so you have to say it would have to charge overnight for him to use it again. I'm sorry Baron showed him how to use a portable battery.
Speaker 2: That's while that at a time when he is actually perpetrating a CBS conspiracy by like trying to blackmail them into never saying anything bad about him ever. Right, he is claiming a CBS conspiracy that is the suppressing of like does he is it just because when he turns on CBS, they're not actively rerunning the interview?
Speaker 1: Like, I have no idea. I don't know. I just like to claim that it's gone forever and no one wants you to see it. But it's on the fucking first place you'd go look for something like that. It's so bizarre.
Speaker 2: I mean his response when shown the video on YouTube was, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly how you did it? That he was, I don't care. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back. We're back.
Speaker 2: According to a new poll, more Americans have a positive image of AOC than Kamala Harris or Donald Trump. She was viewed positively by forty six percent of respondents, while Trump was viewed positively by forty four percent, which.
Speaker 1: All right, stop the presses. The Democrats have chosen their next candidate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's actually absolutely not going to be her, but that's what I'm seeing. Poll has a margin of error of plus minus two percentage points. We have heard tell behind the scenes of the Democratic Party that their process for choosing a candidate is bring me your most normal.
Speaker 1: White man, neutral white. Yes, do we have any neutral whites that we could put in? Absolutely? Absolutely, you're gonna love this one. His name is Jarf a dry white. We don't want it too sweet. We want to a dry white. Now. Sorry, It's an algorithmic name, kind of a blending of all the names that create this person.
Speaker 2: I feel like the viewed positively polls are tend to under like, weren't there a lot of good, least favorable, most favorable, viewed positively? Thing like he's twenty five points Underwater in twenty sixteen, like his positive verse negative views that were like historically, like the second worst is Goldwater with like forty three percent positive forty seven percent negative, and Trump in twenty sixteen was thirty six positive sixty one negative. Yeah, yeah, and I forget who won that election.
Speaker 1: But it almost like it does Does it fucking matter? Why are they doing this? Pole still, it doesn't fucking matter. We're past like this is for the fucking forties and fifties, these kinds of polls. Do you look favorably upon this person? I'm sorry this We're so far beyond this shit now, like.
Speaker 2: This somebody to endorse your cola is like what what this is useful for? It's not where the country is to be Like they seem like a nice enough person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or like in the same instance, people like, oh god, terrible guy. I'm gonna vote for him though, right, So yeah, so how is this? What's how does what's the utility of this information? Exactly? If we know even the terrible like approval ratings or positive feelings or negative feelings really have no bearing on how people vote at the end of the day, because most people, you should be asking what the fuck people think of the policies that are out there right now and who's helping who, because that's how people if people don't most people didn't know shit, and we're voting for Trump. So this is like, what's the point of even saying this?
Speaker 2: You got stinged done. I think that's why I like him.
Speaker 1: I think again, this is not the game. Fuck these personality contests, like these kinds of polls like fucking talk get get your fucking shit together with policy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I uh. The only two people viewed more favorably than AOC are the Obamas Barack with fifty three positive versus forty three negative and Michelle Obama forty nine percent positive forty five percent negative. Do we think there's a chance that they're like, so Trump is like where you can run for a third term, Like that's what I'm doing. Like that they bring Obama back out of the oh to be like, oh we doing that, oh a third time because.
Speaker 1: Nemesis the spooky black man, right third terms. But that's so fucking well, it's so backwards, like oh my god. The Democrats would love nothing more than they're like, yeah, man, let's go back to.
Speaker 2: This feels like the the ultimate big D Democrat move. And like they said they'd vote for him a third time in that movie Get Out Out, So that's.
Speaker 1: America basically, there was something very prescient about that. I'm I think, you know, if if Trump runs for a third term, it's not gonna be a fair It's not gonna be a fair fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: What could they tell you? He was like, I remeber for a third day. Well, last that one, fair and square. I guess we're out of out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think this is again, this is cover for the Democrats because what they want, The Democrats would love nothing more than to just find the most chill vibe candidate that that'll be the thing people vote for more than disrupting the status quo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an only thing they can see, like they actually can't see anything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. And maybe that's where they fuck up because I mean, obviously AOC came up outside of the mainstream party now is obviously playing the game with the establishment to sort of stay up, you know, keep her position, and maybe they're like, yeah, maybe maybe she'll play ball, and maybe she will and maybe she won't. I don't know, but y'all. This just figuring out a candidate, isn't the fucking isn't the biggest problem that the party has.
Speaker 2: Right, that's all I care. Let's look at the horse race. Let's see what's going on.
Speaker 1: People like this horse more? Does it run faster?
Speaker 2: No idea. Let's look at the metrics. Let's look at all these all this polling that doesn't mean shit, so that we can construct er fast.
Speaker 1: Does the horse go? Can it beat the other horse with speed? No clue? Not interested in that that. Things get a little weird when you start looking at that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, speaking of things getting a little weird, imagine Dragons and Radiohead, two bands that I don't know, I guess a lot of people are like, yeah, I would say radio Head had the edge heading into you know, four years ago in terms of people fucking with everything everything. So Radiohead lead singer Tom York after, you know, he was heckled for seemingly supporting Israel at a concert and walked off stage as a result, like months ago, seven months and so he just released a statement he was like, that was I've been in shock ever since that, and it took me this long to release a statement, and he specifically is in shock that his supposed silence was somehow being taken his complicity and struggled to find an adequate way to respond to this and carry on with the rest of the shows on the tour. He specifically like says, you know, calls it an unfolding atrocity, the unfolding humanitarian catastrophe, and gaza. You're like, okay, are we gonna keep going in that direction? But then he it's a lot of like both sides stuff, and it's him being like, and the real thing that we got to talk about here is people who are being affected by social media witch hunts like me. You're pro Palestinian who are no no, no, no, no, like me like me Tom.
Speaker 1: York oh for for ducking your head the whole time. Yeah, And then being like, why do they want to hear from me? Well, you're pretty outspoken on a lot of other things, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nah, not this one that leave me alone.
Speaker 1: Like cancel like debt for the Global South or climate change or the or whatever. Okay, also said another thing, He's like, well, I play in America and doesn't mean I support Trump because you know, a lot of people they're trying to get Radiohead to cancel a show in Israel, and he's like, it doesn't mean I support net and Yahoo, right, and it's like, well, there's a lot going on and a lot of artists have chosen to not sort of whatever. Okay, okay, Tom York, Yeah, that was definitely I think the biggest bummer shit as someone really enjoys radioheads and music just to be like totally fucking quiet dude, especially when he says like I struggled how to articulate, bro, just art. You're a fucking artist. I'm sure you saw that and went, oh my god, that's terrible, or maybe you did it, or maybe you saw that and said, all right, well, don't complicated.
Speaker 2: I don't know, guys, seems complicated to me.
Speaker 1: I look at it. My fucking heartbreaks. I look at it. I feel fucking terrible. I feel powerless, I feel hopeless. I fucking wonder what it takes for for the world to like intervene on behalf of Palestinian people. But you could have even fucking done them the lowest thing. It's like a heartbreak emoji or some shit. You know.
Speaker 2: That wasn't even more eloquent than the statement oh shit yeah. And then the same weekend, a band that I'm not a huge fan of, the children seem to be the children really.
Speaker 1: Like bad people.
Speaker 2: It's like yeah, he ever, just like yeah, they're they're songs that are very popular with children, with my children in particular, and they went viral because the singer was waving and kissing a Palestinian flag during a concert in Milan, so basically pulled a reverse Radiohead.
Speaker 1: They just did reverses. Now, Imagine Dragons has taken Radiohead spot every Rolling Stone list that's ever been made. You must now do a find and replace Imagine Dragons.
Speaker 2: Whatever their album was, that was the okay computer of Imagine Dragons. Yeah, to replace that. That band also played a show in Israel last year, ignoring boycott calls, so you know, their political consistency is about as solid as their songwriting. But yeah, it kissed the flag this time, so you know, Jesus, yeah.
Speaker 1: You've just duck in your head. Low. Not a great one, not a great one. Nah.
Speaker 2: All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday, June second. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines where still can't get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bye bye. The Daily Zeitgeist is executive produced by Catherine Law.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Bee Wayne, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J M McNabb, and edited and engineered by Brian Jefferies