Speaker 1: From Los Angeles and.
Speaker 2: One and only world famous Perez Hilton.
Speaker 1: Why hello and welcome to the PHP folks. A booker. That's Perez right there. How are you fine, sir?
Speaker 2: I'm excited. I'm well, But also, you know, there's some difficult things to talk about today and some topics that might also upset people. We will be discussing Megan Markle, Scott Dissick, as well Gypsy Rose Blanchard, Jennifer Lopez, Ariana Grande and more. First and exclusive. I already posted it on my website, but I'm just excited because I think it's a really good exclusive that will get a lot of pickup. Sources tell me that Travis Kelce is getting a new job. He's still doing football, but around football, he's also going to get a new TV show, and it makes so much sense to me. He's going to be a game show host. They're bringing back that old game show Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? And he's going to be the host.
Speaker 1: R Kiddic.
Speaker 2: That just makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The old host was that comedian Jeff Foxworthy. Travis is very likable. I think it's a slam dunk, no brainer. So it'll be for Amazon, and congratulations to Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a fun gig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I gotta be on there. I need to find a way to be on.
Speaker 1: There as a guest or as a host.
Speaker 2: No, a guest, obviously, he's the host.
Speaker 1: We play something called d student trivia on my show, and I get so many things wrong. It's just shit. You forget, you know, when you learn something forty years ago. I don't know. Maybe if you have kids, you're better at things like that because you can help the kids with their homework. I got no kids. I can't remember the fourth planet from the Sun.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll test you right now, Mercury, Venus, Mark, I'm smart. I'm gonna get my timer going.
Speaker 1: Okay, see, I'm gonna fail this.
Speaker 2: This will be a good one. This will be a good one. All right. In a minute, name as many states as possible.
Speaker 1: Go Alabama, Lasta, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, and Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiada, made Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York. I can name all the states.
Speaker 2: Oly, shit, that's hard. I would have not have been able to do that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's an easy one for me.
Speaker 2: That's easy. Hell is that easy for you?
Speaker 1: Well, there's that song you learn as a kid.
Speaker 2: I guess I didn't learn that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas. It's like hooked on Phonics or something.
Speaker 2: That was a good one. Wow, you see you do better than you think you would.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Do you know all of your planets?
Speaker 2: I don't even know how many there are, like nine, twelve, ten something.
Speaker 1: I keep adding some, but I'm just the ones that we learn Mercury, Venus, Earth, Jupiter, Saturday, Uranus not to and Pluto.
Speaker 2: Urinus is not called Uranus anymore?
Speaker 1: Ah, they changed Urinus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see Urinus. Is it still called Uranus?
Speaker 1: Who knows? And like the last one they decided wasn't a planet anymore, it's just gas or something. Who fucking knows. But yeah, I don't think I do very well on that show.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations to Travis Kelsey and Amazon. Good fit there. I had a pretty good weekend. Did nothing. Saint Patrick's Day. Well I did. I went to like a small birthday thing. I went to another one on Saturday. I'm still unpacking. Yeah, really exciting stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, dam I did Weezer Friday night. Oh, Highland Park, which I'd never been to before. It's like next to Pasadena. It's really cool because it felt like Pittsburgh or something over there. It's a totally interesting pocket of LA that did not feel like LA. And went out afterwards and they did the whole Blue album and Keanu Reeves band opened up. It was so cool. Was it this tiny like Masonic temple. It was a cool like thing.
Speaker 2: So Keanu was there then?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Keanu was there. He was He's in the Man still, he's in dog Star. Yeah, he's the bassist.
Speaker 2: Oh so fun, What a fun night. I've never seen Weezer live. I've gotta I've got to see them too.
Speaker 1: You gotta see this Blue album tour because they're doing the whole first album and then the hits, so I mean they just play the hits. Fun night, all right?
Speaker 2: Well, oh you.
Speaker 1: Know what, I also met the kid Joe Joe Keirey from Stranger Things. He goes by d j O Joe. You just don't pronounce the D. But he has a song out about like Chicago, back to the Beginning or something like that. It's so so good. It's like John Hughes eighties sounding, and at first I wanted to hate it because he's an actor and you know actor singing. Speaking of Keanu Reeves, well, he doesn't sing. But it's a great, great song and it's like one of those ones it's like gets stuck in your head and it totally feels like it's out of a John Hughes film. But guys, check that out, Joe dj Oh, I gotta check it out. He's from Stranger Things.
Speaker 2: I know what he looks like. I know who he is. Yeah, he looks you know, dirty.
Speaker 1: He doesn't. He's incredibly good looking and thin in person. You look at him, you're like, oh, he looks like an actor, of course.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, but he just looks dirty, you know, like that British, very British is dirty. Esthetic Yeah, he's not British, he's not. Why do I think he was British? You sure he's not British. He's not British. He gives me Pete Dorty. Maybe's because he looks like Pete Doherty.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's it. Now you said that, and now I can't see it. You're right, he looks like Pete Doherty totally.
Speaker 2: And actually I think I know that we have international listeners. I don't even think British people pronounce Pete Doherty's name that way. I think it's Doherty. Oh really, I could be wrong. Eight hundred seven one five. Correct me if I'm mistaken. Not a clue, all right. This one photo has gone viral of Scott Disick going out to dinner in Los Angeles and he appears to have lost a considerable amount of weight, and people being people in social media doing what it does, Folks have begun to speculate, and it makes me sad because I don't want I'm not gonna. I don't fucking know. When you speculate, you have no idea. My initial reaction after seeing that photo was not drugs. I actually hope it's drugs. I looked at that photo and I'm like, God, he looks he looks like he might have cancer, and like, that's just speculation, but I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I just figured ozempic because everybody else in this town is on it.
Speaker 2: He never needed it was zeb Big. He was never overweight. It's not Azem Big.
Speaker 1: Did he have a pudgy thing.
Speaker 2: He was never even slightly pudgy.
Speaker 1: I clearly don't keep up on Scott Dissick or what the fuck he's up to, but I just made the assumption that he's just another person that decided to get really thin, because that's what everybody in this town is doing right now.
Speaker 2: Well, tonight, that special with Oprah errors on ABC and Hulu, and I got really sentimental watching clips because she's in front of us studio audience, and it just took me back to the days of the Oprah Winfrey Show, and nobody's as good as her in my opinion, Like I wish they would bring it back, Like let's just say, you know what, We're gonna do the Oprah Winfrey Show for five more years, a five year encore, and then we'll.
Speaker 1: Call it a day or pull with John Stewart and just do one day a week, because that's fucking awesome. The one day is great. I can take my time all week long getting to it and watch clips, and you know, do that, Oprah. I mean, what's wrong with that idea?
Speaker 2: Maybe she just doesn't want to work that much, which is fine.
Speaker 1: John Stewart's putting a lot of work into it because his monologues are so incredibly thought out and just his timing is impeccable.
Speaker 2: Still, I love that you're enjoying it so much. Good, good, good. What's weird is I've not seen a single clip of John Stewart go viral on social media.
Speaker 1: Really, God, it's my entire feed. Maybe it's just the algorithm what you're into. I mean, I get it. Every day. I'll literally see the entire show, including the guests at some point on TikTok or on Instagram. You didn't see the clip about the dog, about his dog, Dian.
Speaker 2: I did see that. That's the only thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I mean there's only been two shows, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, their social team needs to step it up, It's all I'm saying. Maybe, all right, speaking of speculating, that's what people continue to do about Princess Catherine, and over the weekend she was spotted out and about in public with her husband. That was very strategic. Everything the British Royal family does, every single thing, is calculated and it needs to be because they've got to keep this archaic, outdated, irrelevant thing going forward. They or maybe they don't. I mean, like, let's think about that for a minute, Like, what if all of a sudden, like every member of the British royal family just says, well, we don't believe in the monarchy anymore and we want it to end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, checking out, There's no way that check is too good. The parks are too great, the lifestyle is awesome. Who would do that?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the thing though. The lifestyle isn't that awesome. It comes with a ton of drama, and they actually have to work, like they expect them to put in all of these hours, going to all these obligations and shaking hands and stupid chit chat with thousands of people every fucking year.
Speaker 1: How many people in the family actually have to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, still, it's King Charles and his siblings, the late Queen's children, and then his son and Kate Middleton, Princess Catherine, and every once in a while some of the other outliers will also take on royal engagements. But like I said, strategic that we saw them together, especially because in the wake of Princess Catherine's extended recovery. All of these rumors that have been around for a while have resurfaced, specifically that Prince William has had and may possibly still have a mistress. The wildest rumor is that this woman Rose, whatever the fuck her name is, Rose Handby, Hanbury Hanby, I don't even remember Rose. It's because there's a stupid room. God, I'll get to the stupid rumor. But there's a rumors upon rumors. The one rumor is that Rose, at the end of last year got pregnant with Prince William's baby and decided to keep it. Dun dun, dum. I mean it's possible. I guess anything is possible, but highly unlikely.
Speaker 1: I will Yeah, Look, it's a different day, you know, when there was no social media and there was no press to this magnitude that can really find out things, you know what I mean, It'd be almost impossible to hide a relationship at their level, as much scrutiny impressed that's around them, nearly impossible. You know.
Speaker 2: Prince William lives in these very big palaces and Windsor and then he has Kensington Palace in London, and there are many entrances there that somebody could sneak into.
Speaker 1: After everything with your parents. I mean, yeah, I guess the apple falling from the tree, that whole thing.
Speaker 2: No, I don't believe it either.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it at all.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it either.
Speaker 1: And look at the guy. He doesn't look like he's got game either. Give me a break.
Speaker 2: Even worse or more ridiculous than oh, she's she's pregnant and had the baby or's having the baby. Every once in a while, the wildest, stupidest, grossest rumor that she can't even say it.
Speaker 1: It's not dumb.
Speaker 2: It's like he has a nickname, something about pegging. Basically, this rumor that she fitts Prince William goes viral every once in a while, like so dumb, so dumb. So I don't believe any of that. And then people are now like, I was about to stay nice to see Princess Catherine out and about this weekend. But then people are like, why were there no photos? How come there were no photos of the outing? How can we really believe it were no photos of her? But then the thing is, like, people are so dumb even if there were photos of her, Like there was a photo of her last week, people think that was photoshopps. Like, if there's no photos, people are suspicious. If there are photos, people are suspicious. We're living in the land of de Lulu.
Speaker 1: Well, and there's still under the date of when she said she'd be out. She said she's checking out to what It's not Easter yet after March thirty first, so we've still got over two weeks. I'm telling you. I still think to this day she just regrets putting out the photo and probably shouldn't even have done that. She should have just said, you know what, I'm on break And I bet they just regret even doing that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because she just.
Speaker 1: Did what everybody else does, photoshops things. But I still think she's got some sort of GI disease that they're not discussing, and she had something done, but who knows.
Speaker 2: I hate speculating. The latest rumor that I saw is she had something that would be embarrassing to reveal, specifically surgery on her bowels.
Speaker 1: Why would that be embarrassing and that would be a GI disease?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't fucking know why that would be embarrassing, But that's that's the theory that they didn't reveal it because they think it's embarrassed.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't. Yeah, I'm not buying that either. I don't think any of this is embarrassing, Like illness is not embarrassing. Yeah, if I got testicular cancer, I wouldn't be embarrassed about it. I'd be bummed that I had testicular cancer or the other one, prostate cancer, like I did something to get it.
Speaker 2: Also, there are reports that when Princess Catherine does return to her royal engagements, that she will open up in detail and specifically about what she went through, which I think that would be a good idea. I mean, I don't think she needs to, but I think it would be a good idea just to like silence for good.
Speaker 1: To squash all this crap. And I think it's a little bit of hey assholes, you know what I mean, Like she's not gonna say that, but she's gonna do it because she wants to say, hey, assholes. I asked for privacy. I didn't mean for this to turn into what it did. I didn't want it to be that. In my wildest dreams. I couldn't thought it was going to be this. When I told you guys, we were coming back to Easter, but I think that's going to happen and it's just going to make a lot of publications look like shit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of the British royal family, over here, the Americans, Megan Markle and her husband are making headlines for a couple of reasons. First, Prince William's sister in law has launched a new company called American Riviera Orchard and pretty smart. Actually it's a soft launched, a soft launch. They've created an Instagram account which already has in less than a week over five hundred thousand followers. And if you go to the website Americanriviera dot com, it's a placeholder and it says join the wait list, which is a really smart way to gauge interest so that before you launch any products, you can be as st is possible, like, Okay, if we have these many people interested, then maybe like ten percent of them might actually buy something, so we need to know not to make more than this. YadA, YadA YadA. Apparently it's gonna be like a lifestyle brand like Martha Stewart so home goods. Although I actually think my guess is like hello, if you're calling yourselves the Instagram handle American Riviera Orchard. They're gonna launch with wine. I would think from the orchard from Montecito, where they make a lot of wine. It would only make sense.
Speaker 1: When I hear orchard, I think apple's though vineyard, I think wine.
Speaker 2: Oh you're right.
Speaker 1: So to me, orchard sounds more like a you know, we're gonna make fucking sheets, That's what it sounds like to make.
Speaker 2: Well, they're gonna make all that. She's got everything registered and trademarked and able to sell all of that with the name. But the thing that upsets me, here's the real issue. When she launched this Instagram page, she said American Riviera Orchard by Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex. She removed herself from that situation that she has repeatedly shit on, and yet she is still now using that institution to make money.
Speaker 1: This justin as I've always said, she's full of shit. They both are. What else do they have?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's rude, disrespectful. It is hypocritical.
Speaker 1: Hypocritical is the word. That's what they are. Hypocrites.
Speaker 2: You hate it so much, you're still aligning yourself.
Speaker 1: Surfing off of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she could have used her maiden name, which we all know, Megan Markle, or she could have used her married name mean Botton windsor as some of our supporters have clarified or made sure that I specified, it's mont Boughton windsor not Sussex as they're trying to rebrand. So very hypocritical, and that's not all. According to other reports, Megan after previously doing really boring programming for both Spotify and Netflix, although some might argue that their docu multipart film or whatever you want to call it, that was not boring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was fascinating to just see inside of their house.
Speaker 2: So she's going back to Netflix, according to reports, and is going to do a cooking show, which isn't celebrities cooking played out? Like, do we need another celebrity cooking show?
Speaker 1: Those shows are hard. You really can get a vibe on somebody pretty quick if they're unlikable, and she's just a big fraud. To me, she's just a big phony. Go ahead, do it. I can't wait to see it. A goof on it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like Martha Stewart's unlikable yet I love her.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Martha Stewart is not unlikable. I know she's lovable, are you killing? Yes?
Speaker 2: I mean she's a bit she gives off bitch vibes, but I still love her that.
Speaker 1: It's not that and bitch vibes are fine when you know what you're talking about. And Martha Stewart is so well versed in everything she's speaking of. It's not like somebody gave her like some lines to read when she's making eggs, you know what I mean, Like she knows the exact way how to make an egg. It's not put on, it's not phony. Is this duchess of my balls? Whatever? Is she really a cook in the side and we didn't know this? No, she's not. She didn't go to culinary school. Martha Stewart's been doing this for decades. So you know, when your personality comes out and your little you know, you're a little quick or you're a little sharp, it's cool, you know. But I'm telling you, I'm gonna say this is gonna make her look like a big fraud.
Speaker 2: I know, I doubt it. I mean, it's not a live show. They'll be able to edit out anything that's not good.
Speaker 1: You see all these Instagram TikTok chefs that have no idea what the fuck they're doing. It's so clear that they took a recipe from somebody else and they're passing it off as their own.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's what ninety five percent of them do.
Speaker 1: All right, And that's exactly it. It's gonna reek of that. And every time I can tell, I can tell who knows how to cook. I can tell, like when I'm watching somebody make ribs on TikTok, I can tell just by the way they handle things, unless she's doing it like Selena Gomes. Selena Gomez is like she came in like I don't know shit about this and I'm gonna learn with you guys, and that made it more authentic. So maybe it just depends on the angle.
Speaker 2: We'll see that. Kudos to them for continuing the hustle and the grift.
Speaker 1: What else are they gonna do.
Speaker 2: In other social media news, Gypsy Rose Blanchard deleting all of her socials. The ex con former Inmate has said that she apologizes for not taking more accountability. She says, to all the people that I offended with the lack of accountability the first month or so that I was out of prison and the lack of accountability in my interview. I'm sorry, I'm learning. I take accountability for my part, and I'm saying this right now. I'm taking accountability. I did a bad thing. I have been given a second chance at life. Give me a little grace. Let my actions much my blahlahlahlah lah. So she said goodbye to social media and just deleted them, which actually I think is the smartest thing that she could do if she if she wants to live a normal, happy, healthy life.
Speaker 1: By the way, and I think that's admirable. I think that she did come out of the gate like a puke and we all were like, what the hell are you doing? And it shows me that there's a real person inside of her somewhere, and she could kind of maybe read the room a little bit. She's not off the reservation completely.
Speaker 2: Yeh and plot twist. That's what she wanted us to believe. However, according to People Magazine, which I have said before, they are the most credible celebrity news publication, People Magazine says that her deleting her socials was quote at the advisement of her parole officer, so she won't get in trouble or go back to jail. So basically, her parole officer said, you should delete your socials and she did good on her. You know, it's being out of jail is more important than being a social media influenza.
Speaker 1: I choose to be optimistic on this, and I choose to believe that maybe there's a human being inside of there and she's getting it together. That's what I'm choosing to believe. I'm probably dead fucking wrong, but that's what I'm hopeful of. Anyhow.
Speaker 2: Congrats to her for being a human being that's accountable. All right, some music news, congratulations to Ariana Grande. She had I mean we're only in March, but still her new album is the biggest debut of the year, coming in at number one on the Billboard two hundred. She moved over two hundred and twenty seven thousand units, which for twenty twenty four I would say is very big. Sure, Arianna came in at number one. Last week, I mentioned how Jennifer lopez Is album debuted at number thirty eight on this this same list, the Billboard two hundred chart. It's second week off the chart completely. It went from number thirty eight to not even the top two hundred. Bless. All right, more music related news.
Speaker 1: She's going to fire that manager. He's got to go.
Speaker 2: Oh, here's some tea. Actually, I'll save that for the Patreon. Oh okay, all right, let me make a note. I have another thing that I was going to talk about today, but I'm like, you know what, that's another Patreon thing that Patreon too.
Speaker 1: Everybody is on Thursday if you'd like to subscribe.
Speaker 2: Patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton. Okay. An update. I mentioned on the podcast a while ago that Kelly Clarkson was seeking money from her ex husband, specifically because she went and filed the complaint. I think it was with the Labor Board, claiming that her manager acted as her agent, and that is technically illegal. But I've been around show business long enough to know that every fucking manager does that. What's the point of a fucking manager then.
Speaker 1: If they can't do anything, if you've got their hands tied, Yeah.
Speaker 2: They all fucking do that. This is such a slimy, shady move in my opinion. So after the labor board or the organization ruled in Kelly Clarkson's favor, she now has sued her ex husband and her former father in law, the father and grandfather of her children, and she is demanding two point six million dollars.
Speaker 1: How much money did this guy take?
Speaker 2: At least two point six million.
Speaker 1: Dollars right about that, but I'm thinking it must be a lot more.
Speaker 2: His lawyer counters that he used the money to pay for his share of everything when they were.
Speaker 1: Tell it Clarks and Ink, which you know, that's plausible.
Speaker 2: Not just Kelly Clark's and Inc. But Kelly Clark's in Home Life, so home house and everything. You know, he contributed to that. So we'll see what happens there. But I don't know, like she's got a talk show, she's making so much money now, even if it's just it's it's sucky, it's sucky.
Speaker 1: I mean the old adage is what you know, the question is why is divorced so expensive? And the answer is because it's worth it, you know, And I think it's a little bit of that. You know, you get into a marriage with somebody, you got to expect if you're going to get out of it, it's going to get ugliest, especially in the state of California. Then you get into business with your husband, and you know, he's gonna want his take and I hate to say it, but rightfully so, but you know, because that's what she and they agreed to at that time. So I don't know. It's it's really hard. You know, she's just pure talent, and it's maybe hard to see it that way the way I just mapped it out. But it may just be that, you know, he could be a slime bucket. I don't fucking know.
Speaker 2: It seems like he's a slime bucket. But she chose to have children with him. I wonder if she has a gag order like preventing him from talking to their children about all of these legal issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They're young, They're not young enough to not understand mommy's suing daddy.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. Look, I haven't seen anything, like read anything. He's out there yappin'. Everything i've heard is through court papers, which what are you supposed to do there? There's nothing you could do, and he's gonna won his take, and I don't know. It just sucks. Well.
Speaker 2: In other music related news, you know what, I'm really excited about the future of music because of Beyonce, meaning Just this year she had a number one song with that Texas Hold Them, that went to number one.
Speaker 1: And stayed at number one for a very long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then last year her break My Soul went to number one as well. And it used to be so rare that a female or even male pop star in their fifties could have a number one song on the Billboard Hot one hundred.
Speaker 1: Is Beyonce in her fifties?
Speaker 2: Did I say fifties? I'm in forties, sorry.
Speaker 1: To say, I don't think Beyonce was fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Katy Perry's working on new music and she's being very strategic. She's told us that her next album is going to be a dance album. It could be her renaissance moment. I hope so.
Speaker 1: Well, back to your original thought there, I don't think it's going to be as unusual as it used to be, only because the state of music sucks.
Speaker 2: Well, there aren't as many superstars. Also, let's just.
Speaker 1: Look at Texas Hold Them. It is a master class in a pop song. Everybody's gonna go it's a country song. No it's not. It's a fucking pop song, Okay, Like Texas Holdham is a pop song and It's what I always talk about on this show, getting back to the basics of what pop music is. Pop stars have gotten so far away from it, and everybody's doing the exact same sound. So what does she do. She goes back to the basics and does the verse, chorus, verse, right down the middle. It just is a masterclass in a pop song. And pop music always like ebbs and flows. You'll have like I remember the eighties. Everybody's like, you know, the eighties is so herald It is like the generation of the great eighties pop music. It was till about nineteen eighty seven or eighty eight. Then the fucking wheels came off. Music was shit, It was awful. Michael Bolton ruled the fucking pop charge.
Speaker 2: I love Michael Bolton.
Speaker 1: Tell me how that booth to hot ac, It moved to hair bands. Pop radio lost its way.
Speaker 2: What do you talk? You're crazy? Eighties.
Speaker 1: I was in radio in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 2: We still had Madonna, we had Janet Jackson popping, we had point.
Speaker 1: You're proving my point. We had all of them until about nineteen eighty seven, nineteen eighty eight. Then the wheels. Fellow, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Madonna's he was the post eighty seven.
Speaker 1: No way, Madonna's peak was nineteen eighty four, eighty five, six, those years.
Speaker 2: Yes, express Yourself like a Prayer Vogue, those were all eighty eight eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Madonna the anomaly. Everybody Else's whom I'm talking about, all right.
Speaker 2: Jenna Jackson was still phenomenal and thriving in the late eighties.
Speaker 1: That's the Taylor Swift, that's the Beyonce. And yes, there are always the outliers, the big ones. It was the second tier in the late eighties. The tires came off and didn't come back until boy bands hit. Boy Bands hit in the mid nineties, and then pop music was back again, but there was a lull. I'm just saying pop music is got to get back to the basics, and Beyonce is putting a master class on right now on how to do that. And that's what's happening. And I hope it back to your very first point about you're hopeful for music, I am too, because when you see that, you say, wow, Hopefully more people will catch on and do this. That's so obvious. Just make good pop songs.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of boy bands, justin Timberlake released his new album, and I didn't fucking listen to it, did you?
Speaker 1: I did not. I had only read yesterday that it dropped. It didn't even get to me that he dropped the whole album, and I was busy, so I was like, I'll get to it this week.
Speaker 2: I had zero interest or desire to listen to it. Speaking of music, Dylan mulvaney, this transgender content creator, released a song that got everybody talking. I saw so many videos about it on all the social media platforms. The songs called days of Girlhood and Hello. It's a song from a social media star, Like what do you expect? Like, it's not good. It's not bad either, It's just so cheesy and shallow. And the thing though, that I want to clarify a lot of people were triggered and upset, but Dylan will is not talking or trying to represent anybody but her. This is her truth, her song, her silliness, her whatever she wanted to get out there. It's not that deep. People, there's just so much anti trans hatred and anything just upsets them so much. Yeah, all right, more music News. Patreon supporter Stephanie Valenti asks, what are your thoughts on North's interview Northwest Kim Kanye's daughter. Do you agree with the amount of exposure she is receiving at her age? And do you think it will only get more intense for her? Those are great questions. Sure if you missed it over the weekend, Northwest was interviewed about her upcoming debut album. But the interviewer was done by a thirteen year old girl, So that felt okay and safe to me. You know, Oh, she's only three years older, Like that's fine.
Speaker 1: You don't have Rolling Stone out there talking to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I find that problematic. And I'm not her dad or her mom, so I don't know. It's a decision that they made, and they probably thought, oh, you know, no matter what we do, she's still gonna be very well known, so might as well just lean into it.
Speaker 1: I think it's just a hobby at the moment. Will she stick with it? I don't know. Maybe who knows.
Speaker 2: She's kid.
Speaker 1: Kids are whimsical. They changed their minds. And if I was filthy wretch and my kid wanted to record a song and I was a songwriter, I'd probably let them too. To each his own, you know, Could I see this going the wrong way. But if you want me answer that question, fuck yeah, I could totally see this going the wrong way. I could see this being a horrible idea. But I agree with Perez. It's not my fucking kid, do you. I mean, if you think you can manage it, okay, great, I really don't care.
Speaker 2: Fiona Beaming, another Patreon supporter, asked for my thoughts on Amanda Bynes being interviewed by the paparazzi. And I didn't even go seek this out because if Amanda Bynes releases something herself on social media, that's one thing. But I don't want to watch her be grilled by the paparazzi. I don't think she's in a good place to be answering paparazzi questions or judged on them. Yeah, exactly. And of course they're going to ask her questions. They don't care, they're the paparazzi. So there was that. Also some wacky news this actress speaking out about how Johnny Depp was awful to her on the film set. Wow, shocking news. His professional reputation precedes him.
Speaker 1: I saw a funny Johnny Depp quote. It's pretty good. He was talking about being in love with two women, and he said, if you're in love with two women, choose the second because you left the first one for the second. In the first place, you cheated on the first one to get to the second one. I was like, I don't know where that came from or how real it is, but uh, it was funny.
Speaker 2: Next season on vander Pump Rules, I'm giving you all a spoiler alert. Okay, I'm sure there'll be another season. They're going to bring back Rachel. I don't know for sure that that's just a guess, a hunch, but will. The latest news is that that restaurant, the eatery that Tom Schwartz and Tom Sandoval opened Schwartz and Sandy's, is struggling very little customers. They've pared down their menu, offering less, so I obviously expect them to show that next season on the show. Also, speaking of TV news, former talk show host James Cordon has a new show. He's now doing a show for Serious XM, which I didn't hear any buzz about. And is that a downgrade?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's a money take. Conan O'Brien does one for them, and you know they pay these people a ton of money. I just don't know who's listening to them. Yeah, I've never heard anybody say, well, I heard on Conan O'Brien the other day. I don't know that programming is for old fucking people. There's no young people listening to serious XM. It costs money. Yeah news.
Speaker 2: Let's end things with a few positive items. Okay, Bella Hadid, the model has a new boyfriend. She's dating this Latino cowboy and things are so serious with her and the professional horseback writer and trainer that she's bought a house in Texas to be with him, so she's living in Fort Worth. Also another Travis Kelsey update. Travis and Patrick Mahomes are opening a steakhouse in Kansas City. I saw that, so they better be there regularly or I would be pissed. At least once a month, each of them needs to be there, I think I would imagine, so like after games and stuff like.
Speaker 1: That, all they got to do is Dragon Taylor Swift once it's yeah, hit for the next year.
Speaker 2: All right, one last item, but before that, a thank you to some recent Patreon subscribers, Sharon Bison, Lizzie Cupcake, Ruth Doyle, Patricia R. Megan Griffith, Mari Anne, Annabelle Quinnlin, Jennifer Mltn, Alex Jordan, Tim McDonald, Christina Ho Extra. Finally, congratulations to Danielle Brigoli aka the Cashmi Outside Girl, also known as Bad Baby, the Only Fans Superstar just welcomed her first child. She's no longer a teenager. She's twenty years old. She and her boyfriend have been dating. I think about a year. Mazl Let's take some calls hi grass high booker.
Speaker 3: This is Geraldine from New York. So when he comes to Jennifer Lopez, I don't understand why people don't like her music more after all of these years. People say she can't sing, but honestly, a lot of singers out there don't have that grave a voice. It's not like they all are like Ariana Grande. She is a good performer. She can dance really well. I will go see her in concert if I had the money and her single that she has out, I'm.
Speaker 1: Still in Love with You.
Speaker 3: But I mean that song, I mean, is it like the best of the best song. No, but it's a decent song. She was at the super Bowl not that many years ago. Why doesn't she have more fans? I'm shocked. Speaking of the super Bowl, I wanted to ask you, guys, who do you think should perform at the super Bowl halftime show next year? I'm thinking Christina Avrillera.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I think.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking that's the worst halftime show ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most definitely not Christina Aguilera. I said it on our recent show. I would love it to be Dolly Parton and Miley Cyrus and Dolly's friends. But you need Dolly and then Miley and then others.
Speaker 1: Back to j Love for a second. I to answer your question, I just think it's bad management. I really do. I don't think the song's that bad either. And she isn't in her forties as we were talking about earlier. She actually is in her fifties and music is a little agis and it is hard to keep that contemporary ball moving. But could she be on hot AC radio with a song like that?
Speaker 2: She could?
Speaker 1: That song is a good song. Yeah, it's not a bad song. No, you really kind of hit on it. I don't know if it was last week or if it was on the Patreon show with just the ick around her. Right now, she's got the bad vibes, the negative juju. She just doesn't have the IT thing around her. And it's bad management. And I hate to harp on that, but that's what it is. They keep putting bad things out. When you do that, it dilutes your star power. She's a superstar. She's fucking Jennifer Lopez. We're talking about her like she's fucking Danielle Bergozi on this show or something. I mean, seriously, that's bad management. That's what those people are supposed to do.
Speaker 2: I love her Hello, waiting for Tonight. I fucking love her music.
Speaker 1: Those songs were great. Yeah, And I mean she's a Vegas act. She can play Vegas. I mean that's that is something. But it really just comes down to bad decision after bad decision. It's the overexposure thing. It's pushing yourself in front of people constantly, the old adage let me miss you. I say it all the time, let me miss you.
Speaker 2: However, we do need growth and reinvention, like with Adele. I like the last Adele album, but it felt like the same. I want the next thing that Adele does to really just feel different or growth or just evol like I don't care. If you keep hearing the same thing over and over again, it's just like, okay, boring.
Speaker 1: Well, if it's good, though, I don't mind. You give me Hello over and over. I'll be happy with that. There just wasn't that on the last album that I heard.
Speaker 3: Hi there, my name is Marilyn. I'm from Las Vegas, Nevada. Now I've been here twenty.
Speaker 1: Years, so I'm a true local.
Speaker 2: This is my real hometown.
Speaker 1: Wait, if you've been there for twenty years, you're local. But I wouldn't say it's your hometown. Your hometown's where you're from.
Speaker 3: Shut ups here and they're calling this down their hometown's busting your boss. Okay, So yeah, yeah, you guys were talking about pickup prices for Gio floor level five hundred dollars, and you guys were sur price, and you guys were saying that beyond the money. No, actually I wish my floor level ticket for Beyonce. We're five hundred books. Normally people are here. We're paying a lot of money on tickets.
Speaker 2: What Beyonce eight hundred to see Taylor shows?
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, aren't you always shocked?
Speaker 2: How do you you're a normal person? You're not a normal person.
Speaker 1: I go to all these shows and I look around pres and I say the same thing, because I go for free. Yeah, betch it about the uber? How much that cost to get me there? I'm looking around, I'm like, where the fuck are all these people getting this money?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They all can't work for a radio station. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: What normal person is spending eight hundred or thousand dollars for a sponsort? And how many of those are you doing a year?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't know. All right, let's wrap this up, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, we appreciate you all so much. Share perezpodcast dot com, share that link on all of your socials. Okay, we're trying to grow this Monday show too, So thank you, thank you, thank you, appreciate you all. Have a wonderful week.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred and seven is our phone number. By the way, take care. We'll see you on Some of You on Thursday.