Speaker 1: Welcome back to Good Mom's Bad Choices.
Speaker 2: I'm Erica and I'm Mila, and today's episode is going to be short, short.
Speaker 1: Because we're not doing well. We're not doing well, and we're just acknowledging it.
Speaker 2: Every week we come on here, we try to think of topics, we try to get great guests.
Speaker 3: We dig really deep into our personal lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I just don't have it in me, and I'm just going to keep it one hundred. There's just a lot going on energetically in the world, and I just.
Speaker 1: I just have to like honor that.
Speaker 2: And like I was going to try and push us to like do a full episode right now. I was gonna try and push us to do a full episode right now, but.
Speaker 1: I just can't. I can't do it. Just forget it.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of anxiety, and my chest is tight and my breathing is short, and I can't find my passport. Also I can't find my house keys. Also there's a lot of other shit that I'm behind on and I can't do a full podcast today. And also my kid keeps needing snacks. The world is happening. I had a really good birthday, though I had an amazing birthday. I appreciate all the love and support that was poured poured on me yesterday, but today I'm motherfucking tired.
Speaker 2: So I want to encourage you, if you're listening right now, to check in with yourself and you know, ask yourself if you need to take a break from anything, whether that's social media, I don't know, texting that toxic as nigga, arguing with your husband, whatever, whatever it is. Self care is important right now, especially as black people. We are being pulled in a lot of directions and the trauma that we're experiencing daily on social media is fucking draining. And I realize that it's important for us to stay activated. It's really important for us to you know, stay motivated for the cause. And I want to do all those things, but I also have to acknowledge when I.
Speaker 1: Just need.
Speaker 2: To not worry about my next social post and my next video clip and my next SoundBite and my next caption.
Speaker 3: What's gonna be posted on Monday, if.
Speaker 1: It's coming up. If I just can't do it this week, I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm I'm okay, I'm fine, We're gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: Everything, don't I don't wantnyone.
Speaker 2: To worry about us, but I just I just feel like we have a responsibility when we talk to you guys every week about how we're doing and what's going on in the world to like sometimes also say, you know what, we can't do it this week, and we don't ever take breaks like we've maybe taken we've maybe missed like two weeks ever in the last two and a half years, and so I just feel like we deserve it.
Speaker 1: Therapy is something that.
Speaker 3: We've been currently indulging it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's been helping, and I'm gonna do that this week too, and you should too. I know you guys have seen me post about it. It's called Betterhelp. It's virtual therapy. Both Jamie and I have signed up and have been going to therapy virtually, which has been really convenient. A because COVID, B because my other therapist was tripping with her prices, and see because sometimes like when you feel fucked up.
Speaker 1: You don't really want to leave your house. You'd rather just do a FaceTime call.
Speaker 2: And also like, do you know how many times I've had to leave my therapists office and I look, I go when they're looking cute. I come out looking a hot ass mess and I got to walk by people, and like, I feel like.
Speaker 3: It's also like a little bit more awkward in person.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't, I don't mind me in person ness. I actually prefer it, which is I prefer it in the ways of like, I feel.
Speaker 2: Like it's it can be easier to connect in some ways, but I do like the virtual aspect it because there is that there are times where like I don't want to walk through your office and see people, I don't want to come out looking puffy eyed and shit, I can just hang up and go about my day.
Speaker 3: I thought that it would be easier for me to connect in person, but it's actually been easier for me to connect on FaceTime because I guess it's just not as I mean, it's personal, but not as personal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you guys need therapy, or if you guys need to talk to someone, even if you're teenagers need to talk someone, or if you're a couple and you guys need therapy, I know this time has been really challenging for a lot of people, and betterhelp has been something that's been really really helpful, and it's affordable very affordable sixty five dollars a week for a phone or video call, and then unlimited messages between you and your therapist. I my last therapist in real life, there was no fucking messages.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: My last therapist in real life charged me for each message, Like if there was something going on outside of our sessions, yeah, you get charged, even if it was a text.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah.
Speaker 3: So I think that as moms, we are always checking in with ourselves. Last, I think as black people we're always checking We're always.
Speaker 1: Just trying to get through.
Speaker 3: Trying to get through, pushing down, trying to get through pushing down, trying to get through smiling. And I'm not doing that today because I don't feel like it. So I encourage everyone who's feeling off or weird in their body, recognize it, take a deep breath, lay the fuck down, don't feel guilty about it, and just kind of do what you got to do for you, because it's important to take care of your mental health, and it's important to acknowledge yourself when you're not feeling it right.
Speaker 2: And if you want to have energy for whatever you're putting your energy into, whether that's this movement that you know was happening right now, whether that's motherhood, whether that's work, whether that's whatever. It is, like, you have to you have to take the time, and everyone needs it.
Speaker 1: Everyone fucking needs it.
Speaker 3: We're not machines.
Speaker 1: We're not.
Speaker 2: But if you guys want to check out better Help, you can go to betterhelp dot com, backslash g NBC and you guys will get a nice little discount. But either way, I hope you guys take a second check in with yourself and don't feel bad about it.
Speaker 1: Do what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you gotta say no, I don't want to go to the zoom meeting drive by birthday party.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like doing X y Z.
Speaker 3: I don't want to answer the fucking phone.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel like answering your text message at that time. It's still gonna be there tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I currently have like fifty six text messages.
Speaker 1: And that can be overwhelming too on your birthday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you for a hundred times.
Speaker 1: Go you just copy paste.
Speaker 3: I mean I was overwhelmed. I mean, first of all, I'm overwhelmed. I even have this many internet friends that love and care about me. It's really cool and amazing and I feel so supported and it's so motivating, you know that people are reaching out. But then I did get anxiety and like, fuck so much, so much typing Instagram gives me anxiety.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm never I'm never putting my face on the stories because it's like.
Speaker 2: So if this week, if you see us kind of being like low key on the instagrams, this is why.
Speaker 3: It's because this is real and we can't fake it all the time. Yeah, we can't fake it at all, and so we're not going we'd.
Speaker 1: Be facan Sometimes we'd be like push through, let's do a post, and I'm like, I hate but I'm not doing that anymore. Not doing that anymore. So I hope you.
Speaker 2: Guys have a wonderful week. Take some deep in hell, yes, and let that shit go. If you haven't heard our guided meditation that we did at the top of the year, now might be a good time to check back. In matter of fact, I probably need to check back in with our own motherfucking guided meditation.
Speaker 3: As soon as we get our own lives under control, we will do another one.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, you know where to find us on Instagram. Good Mom's Bad Choices.
Speaker 3: No, it's Good Mom's underscore Bad Choices on Instagram. Okay, Good Momsbad Choices dot com to sign up for our newsletter. If you're listening to this and you listen to it last week and the week before that, rate and review us please right now for.
Speaker 2: Our mental health. Rate and review us for our mental health. If you want to make us happier, you will read and.
Speaker 3: Reviews on that whole podcast, and you'll also sign up for Patreon because there's a lot of exclusive drops over.
Speaker 2: There in Black Moms Matter, So be nice, to be nice, donate to the cause. We have ship that we're trying to do that needs to be paid for. Support black businesses, support black podcasts, all that ship.
Speaker 1: And we support you anyway. We will see you next week.
Speaker 2: Peace.
Speaker 3: Bye soloel recor