Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavalli. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in Watch Right with Nick Wright episode two eighty one, and I actually oddly have some Daniel Jones news that hasn't been reported elsewhere that somehow came across my desk that we will get into momentarily. But for Demons, it's the last pod before Thanksgiving, which means for sports media consumers across America, you get served up this week some of the absolute worst, laziest, most banal content there is, which is all you a sweet potato pie or a pumpkin pie? Guy, let's draft the side dishes. You know what's not great? Turkey nobody eats it except for on Thanksgiving all the same. You call it stuffing or what do you what do you guys call it? Or dressing? What do you do like the So are you you eat at one o'clock or four o'clock? When do you take your nap? All it has been rinse and repeat since the begin since the first sports radio Mike was cracked on WFAN forty years ago that people were like, you know what America wants During one of the busiest sports week of the year college football rivalry games, Thanksgiving Football, the NBA is going all of it. You know what they want to hear. So you like the cranberry stuffing that shaped as a can or the actual authentic Nobody wants to hear it, and every I guarant it is terrible. It's and you're gonna see it on every pod but this one. My tradition is every year during this show, making fun of that thematic that exists across the industry. Put this on the internet. Please, all right, here's what missed the cut. I told you guys, Tommy DeVito was problematic. I told you that him and his agent having the whole thing be Hey, guess what it's funny that we're Italian was gonna come back and bite us, and by us I mean US Italians. And now all of a sudden, Baker Mayfield, who I love but is about as waspy as it gets, is out there doing the a baison, which again a little appropriation. Baker, you're my guy, but don't love it. Dallas, are they a playoff contender? Probably not. Aaron Rodgers banned from the show. Did I ban him from the show? Maybe? I'm not sure, Okay, I banned him from the show. All right, before we get to Monday night football demons some news, Yeah, what's going on? I don't know if anyone else has, So this is impeccably sourced. However, I totally understand if people hear this and they're like, what are you kidding me? Like, since Win, Nick, are you a newsbreaker? And if you are a newsbreaker, since Win doesn't have to do with Daniel Jones. So this is just gonna have to be something you guys, trust me on or you don't. The it's the information's free. So a bunch of teams inquired about Daniel Jones, including the Raiders, who not only inquired but basically said like, hey man, you can start for us almost immediately because Gardner broke his collar bone. He said no, thank you to that. And by the way, I think that is smart by Daniel Jones. I don't think playing for a terrible team, a new game plan, new offense, all of that will help him. So he has narrowed it down to four teams. All four of these teams would sign him, so it truly is his choice. The teams are Baltimore, Miami, Minnesota, and San Francisco. Now, from what I understand, there are people I guess what's the verbiage people use in his camp that want him to go to Baltimore he would prefer or is leaning towards San Francisco or Minnesota. That's the report, and Miami is there as well as a possibility the So that's the reporting. That's the news. And if that has been by the way, i'ven't scoured Twitter the last ninety minutes. If that has been reported elsewhere, then credit to those people. But this is my own. You know, about twice a year I put on my reporter hat uh and this one I didn't really I didn't really even.
Speaker 3: Have basically free huh.
Speaker 2: Correct, it'll be for the league minimum or close to it, right for the rest of the year. So the arguments for the teams would be quickly. Baltimore would be if something were to happen to Lamar a kind of power running quarterback offense with Derrick Henry. He knows how to run that. The argument for Miami is they almost if he comported himself well over the final part of this season, they almost assuredly would bring him back next year because their backup quarterback situation has been such a disaster. The argument for Minnesota is is Sam Donald banged up? Might you actually get to play? And even if you don't, Kevin O'Connell has said great things about him, and we've seen what Kevin O'Connell has done for Sam Donald. The argument for San Francisco and this is if I were talking to Daniel Jones, where I would tell him to go is brock Perty shoulder might be messed up.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: There's now reporting he has had two different MRIs. They've been very You can never trust the Niners about injuries because they told us Christian McCaffrey was probable for Week one, then he missed ten weeks and the and the Achilles ten tonight has spread from one leg to another like a fungus. And so when the Niners are like, ah, we're not sure about Purty should be better, he's throwing. So I would personally say to Daniel Jones San Francisco, Miami, Minnesota, Baltimore, because if I were him, I would want to go somewhere with a great offensive minded head coach, legitimate weapons, a passable if not better, offensive line, and a chance to play. And those three play San Francisco. The quarterback's already hurt. Minnesota, the quarter you know they're the Oh. The other thing about Minnesota is this real quick before I move on. They expect Darnold to get a legitimate, real contract from someone next year. They're obviously invested in JJ McCarthy, so they Minnesota won't be signing JJ McCarthy, but JJ McCarthy will essentially be a rookie coming off multiple knee surgeries, so Daniel Jones might be able to play for them next season. The argument for Miami is kind of a sad one, which is Miami's backup quarterback is on alert at all times because of too a situation. So I again people in his camp for reasons I don't totally understand think Baltimore is the best option. I think those other three places are better options. But it's gonna be one of those four. San Francisco, Minnesota, Miami, Baltimore. And if I end up being wrong, I'm retiring from the Daniel Jones beat forever. But I think I've got this one buttoned up. Take that Adam Schefter. I don't know, got nothing to get shifty, but yeah, so there it is.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So there's your news off the top of the show. Now let's get to the news everyone knows. Monday night football, go ahead.
Speaker 3: So Lamar Jackson balled out against the Chargers last night. They came out with a dub. I think they scored the most points on that Chargers defense in anybody this season.
Speaker 2: For sure. That Chargers evens was allowing fourteen a game. It was the number one scoring defense in football. They scored thirty. It was definitely the most Stay've allowed all year.
Speaker 3: Yep, when they're a drop thirty. But somehow I feel like you're gonna say this doesn't mean anything. Did this game show you anything about Lamar? Do you have any thoughts on.
Speaker 2: It well, so I'm not gonna say it doesn't mean anything. It was actually a super important game for Baltimore. So here's why it was important. The if Baltimore had lost this game, not only would their chances of getting the winning the division be hurt, but if they don't win the division, their chance of being the top wild card would have been crippled. Because if they lose this game, and then of course the Chargers win it, the Chargers get to eight and three, the Ravens drop to seven and five, and the Chargers have the tiebreaker. So the Ravens would you know, they have to finish with a better record than the Chargers. Why does that matter? Man? The difference between the five and the sixth seed is enormous. The five seed gets to go to Houston almost assuredly, and Houston right now is a wounded animal. The offensive line is cooked. CJ. Stroud, Oh, you want to know a you want to know a fun little fact, Demonsey that's gonna be featured on the television show today. This is not the topic. But as far as wanting to be the five seed and getting Houston, remember how CJ after Week two put his arm around Caleb Williams and was like, let me, let me teach you something, young fella. Since then CJ Stroud eleven touchdowns, nine picks, an eighty three rating, two hundred and thirty eight yards per game. Since then, Caleb Williams eleven touchdowns, three picks, a ninety two rating, two hundred and thirty two yards per game. Oh, has the student become the teacher so fast? My friend is either here, okay, I'm just telling you. I'm just telling you facts or facts. Maybe maybe you know as the as the wise man once set two years one mouth for a reason. Maybe a little more listening, a little less advice giving, CJ. But that's either here nor there. So you want, if you're gonna be a wild card, you want to be the five. So at both lost, not only would their chance of winning the division be hampered, they would their chance of if they don't win the division, being the five seed would have been kneecapped. Again, Chargers would have been eight and three. They would have been seven and five, And the Chargers have the head to head and the six seed's a tough spot in the AFC because the sixth seed is either going to be playing the winner of the AFC East Buffalo or the winner of the AFC North, whoever that is. So it was a big game, and I don't think folks are actually confused by my Lamar Jackson take. I think they're frustrated by how accurate it is, so they try to argue with me about it. Lamar wins seventy five percent of the games in his career. He's a two time MVP. His stats are historically great. He does things on the football field that maybe no other player has ever done. Everyone knows this. He was a road favorite last night against an excellent excellence, probably too strong, against a good Charger team, and they won convincingly, and no one is that surprised, which is why it's so disappointing that in not big games, but the biggest spots, he's so consistently bad. That's all. It's not that Lamar is like, Oh, he only beats the bad teams. He's not Tua. It's not that, oh, Lamar can't handle the bright lights. He's not Kirk Cousins. Nobody thinks that he's a future first ballot Hall of Famer, which is why it's so disappointing that against his divisional rival, the reigning dynasty, and in the playoffs he's so bad. Do I think that's gonna be that way for his entire career? Probably not. It kind of was for Peyton Manning. Now Peyton won two Super Bowls anyway, but Peyton I went through it today, like Peyton's numbers, there's just no way around it of how much of a massive drop it is regular season to postseason. Dan Marino the same way regular season to postseason. And there's two quarterbacks, ever, whose numbers get not only better, but significantly better regular season to postseason, Patrick Mahomes and Joe Montana. That's it. Even Brady's drop a little bit. But Brady had so many huge moments. So I just I what is frustrating? And Demons, you can tell me if you think I'm being unfair here. I thought the best player on the Ravens last night was Derrick Henry. I thought he was the difference in the game. But it seemed but it was close. Lamar had some unbelievable plays. He also pulled out his high school touchdown move of where he stopped right before the goal line lets the guy run past him. Sick. What is frustrating for me is hit the deep ball. And by the way, he played well after that first quarter, I think he completed two passes like they you know, it's not like it was smooth sailing from the beginning. It was like, ooh, what's wrong with the Ravens offense? And then they got rolling. What is frustrating for me and makes it feel like we're not really being consistent narratively, is every single time the Ravens win, the talk show topic is my god, Lamar is he the MVP? Or is he the MVP? And every time they lose, the narrative is why didn't they run Derrick Henry Moore? Why didn't they run JK Dobvins to the playoff game? More That to me is a little frustrating. And so that and I and I said going into yesterday's game that I thought the Ravens would win and the topic on our show would be is Lamar the MVP? And that's where we are. And so I people think because I refuse to couch my honest opinion, because I'm not actually like I think some I'm gonna really get in the weeds on this to a degree. I think some media folks really want the athletes to like them, when the reality is like Lamar Jackson and I are not gonna be buddies. Like not that I wouldn't if you know, if there was a world in which we happened to, you know, across it path socially, I think we'd get along great. But we don't. We're like Whether or not Lamar Jackson thinks I'm a jerk, a great guy, or anything has very very very little impact on my life. And I'm not rooting against him because I actually find him to be one of the most likable players in the league. I don't think he's fake at all. I think compared to the vast majority of high level quarterbacks, it would appear I agree with him on political and social issues more than I do most of these guys. His teammates adore him. He's an incredibly tough competitor. He never he almost never and I think never, intentionally throws teammates under the bus. I like the guy, so I'm not This isn't like an Aaron Rodgers thing, where there I have my criticisms and I also dislike him. I I so I'm not rooting for him to fail, but I'm also not gonna lie to the audience about what I think is a at this moment James Harden and Aaron Judge esque trajectory, and so that like, that's where it is. And so no, I was not shocked at all about last night. You know what I was shocked by. Go ahead, you go ahead.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask if I mean you said this is a huge game. La Mark can't win games in huge spots, the biggest games. Would you not say this is a big game and he won it? Like and you say it's not an excellent Chargers team, but it isn't excellent.
Speaker 2: It was a very big game. I've seen Lamar win big games. It is very very clear. This is what's frustrating to me. Folks want my take to be something it's not, because if it were something, it's not, it might be wrong. Instead, my take is what it is, which is correct. It's not that he doesn't I saw him beat the Niners on Christmas Day last year. It's not that he doesn't win big games. It's that if we were power ranking bigness of games, do we all agree the number one draft pick for biggest games or playoff games? Yes, we do do we all agree the number two draft pick for biggest games for an AFC contender is when you play the Cheaps, And do we all agree that the number three draft pick for biggest games when you're the Baltimore Ravens, are your against the Steelers. I think objectively we all know that's true. Those are the three spots he stinks. In every other scenario, he's one of the greatest players ever. That's that's the take. Now, folks can say I'm cherry picking, but what I'm cherry picking is the three biggest spots he plays in, and everyone agrees with that. Playoffs, trying to knock off the dynasty and quarterback of the era hated divisional rival. In literally any other scenario, he's one of the greatest ever. In those scenarios, he's four and twelve with more turnovers than touchdowns. So I can't I can't unsee how good he is in spots like last night compared to how predictably bad he is in those three spots I've laid out, And I think the argument folks want to make is its coincidence. Okay, I don't think that. Now. What I was surprised by is my dear friend Colin Cowherd with the subtweet drive by that I'm gonna have to bring up on the Herd today. Cowherd tweets, this feels like a big game, right, So does this count for Lamar Jackson? Just trying to keep track again. People can be intentionally obtuse about the take, and I'll talk to Colin about it. I mean, it's uh.
Speaker 3: I mean, I didn't see the tweet, but that was exactly what I was thinking. That was exactly what I was thinking, did you So?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you how? I how I replied to it. Yeah, of course. I quote tweeted it with three pictures. The picture was they're all game recaps. The first one was Aaron Judge caps huge may By hitting two more home runs to lead the Yankees past the Giants. Then one from December of twenty three, Joel Embiid scores fifty one points as the Sixers beat the Timberwolves one twenty seven, one thirteen, and then one from February of twenty one, Harden scores thirty eight NAT's rally from twenty four down to stun the Suns one twenty eight, one twenty four. So I mean I think, sure, the so that just you know it is what it is. We can uh all right, so we uh, I know.
Speaker 3: You basically touched on the Lamar. Yeah, so how does anybody support Justin Herbert and he hasn't won anything? Lamar Jackson obviously has the two MVPs. Herbert can't get over there.
Speaker 2: I don't listen. Danny is the only Danny Parkins the only person that I know of that thinks Justin Herbert is better than Lamar. I mean, I don't again, like when people like, how does anyone still support him? Like Justin Herbert is obviously a good player, but he's not an all time great, he's not a legend, he's not an MVP, and in order for him to move up those ranks, he's got to win some big games and play good in some big spots. So I think that I actually think the general Justin Herbert opinion is the correct one. He's obviously a very talented quarterback who up to this point in his career has at least slightly underachieved. There that can be blamed purely on coaching. I don't think that's fair to blame it purely on coaching. He hasn't played his best ball in the biggest spots. The two biggest games of his career the winning your in game against the Raiders in Week eighteen a few years ago, and then the second half of the playoff game against Trevor. Those obviously were not his finest moments. And this year's a big year for him because he's got a great defense and a great head coach. So I think that that is the I think most people's Justin Herbert opinion is, you know, within the bounds of that. I think the people who think Tua is better than him are out of their mind. And I think the people that think he's better than Joe Burrow or out of their minds. Like I think, you know what I mean, He's he's right there. Like what is if we wanted to have an actually interesting Justin Herbert conversation, the Justin Herbert, who who would you rather have? Comp the best one actually demands or the most interesting one is Jalen Hurts. And the reason I say that is Jalen Hurts has the playoff wins, the far better regular season record, the best individual season any of them have had is his, you know, his near MVP or a couple of years ago, all of that, and I think there's a lot of people my hands up as well, that would say, yeah, I still probably think Justin Herbert's better. So that's like a that's a that's about like eye test weapons, all, you know, these different things. But that's a fair that's a fair discussion. But I don't think many people are putting Justin Herbert in Lamar's class. And I don't think many people are putting Justin Herbert in the Kirk Cousins Tua class. I think most people have a fair reading of Herbert. All right, let's move on to the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so another week, another close call for your Chiefs, except this time it was against the Panthers. You guys won by three points. You almost called this one exactly. You said it'd be a four point victory for the Chiefs. After the game, Mahomes said, you want to have some blowouts. I would love to win a game before the very last play. So even Mahomes sounds a little worried that they can't jump up on these teams, you seem to not be worried about it. Is there something there?
Speaker 2: Well? I don't think he's worried. I think so. Wilds also said he was worried. I disagree with that. I think he's maybe a little annoyed. I don't think he's worried. No, I mean this, there was a great tweet that I wish I could give credit to who wrote it, but it's exactly correct, and it was so well worded and so fun, and it said, I don't care if you're the best team in the NFL, an average NFL team, an awful NFL team, a college team, or just your local high school football team. There isn't a single team in the world the Kansas City Chiefs can't beat by exactly three points. And I was like, yeah, that's right, Like, yeah, that's uh, that's exactly right. And it doesn't like the Super Bowl against the Niners, Beacha by three, game against the Panthers with Bryce Young comeback, Beacha by three, and so I have we have growing, growing evidence that when the Chiefs need to score, they score, as evidenced by the fact that it's not even a story that once again Mahomes gets the ball with a minute left and did every just did everyone expect them to immediately drive down the field and score or just me. Oh wait, everybody did they? I I can only say this so many Now, the defense the last two weeks has played the two worst games it's played in two years. So that needs to tighten up. Like there's they allowed thirty and twenty seven. That's the most and second most points they've allowed in two years, and it's in consecutive weeks. Against the Bills, you can say you're playing a great offense. Fine, against the Panthers, it's not a great game.
Speaker 3: But I.
Speaker 2: No. So here's the thing that compared to whom do I think the Chiefs are clearly head and shoulders the best team in the league. Yeah, So what would I be worried about? Like, I just it is so much of the Chiefs concern trolling is based on in order to be concerned, people need to pretend things that didn't happen did happen. So like, oh, I would be really worried that Mahomes isn't gonna be the same player without Tyreek Kill if he hadn't won League MVP the first year without him. Oh, when they're kind of struggling and not really struggling. They have the best record in the NFL, but not wildly impressive in the regular season. I'd be really worried about that if they hadn't been ten times worst last regular season and won the Super Bowl. Oh, they're playing all these close games against some mediocre teams. I'd be really worried about that if they didn't always literally win like people want them to have lost one of these games, haven't now Listen, Buffalo is not Nobody thought they played some terrible game in Buffalo. People like, hey, Buffalo played a great game and beat them. That's another excellent team. That's not what we're talking about talking about. Whah, my goodness. Why did they almost lose to Denver but they didn't. Why did they almost lose to Atlanta but they didn't. Why did they almost lose to Cincinnati but they didn't? And this, this Panthers game, is what I would call demon's a fake close. And by fake close, I mean this And this is a good just barometer for any football game. Does the other team ever in the fourth quarter in this in the Panthers game, it would applied to the second half. It's called it fourth quarter. Do they ever have the ball with a chance to take the lead? So, is there ever a time that the Panthers had the football where it's like, oh, if they score a touchdown here they take the lead, and they answer that question was no, not for the entire second half. It was like the AFC Championship game against Baltimore. Baltimore never once had the ball with a chance to take the lead. So even if the final score is closed, it's kind of fake close. You have the team at arms distance the whole way, and I'm just I'm not gonna listen to people saying here is how a team going for a three peat is supposed to look. The Patriots were last team to try to go for a three peat. They went ten and six that year. It was the worst regular season Brady had in twenty years. Okay, the only team to come close to a three peat the nineteen ninety San Francisco forty nine ers. They also started ten to one. They all they middle of their season, they had a field goal at the gun victory over a three win team. They went four fourteen and two. Seven of their wins were by four or fewer points. There is no precedent for what the Chiefs are trying to do, and they are discussed as if they haven't simultaneously had one of the hardest schedules in football while having the best record in football. They have beaten playoff teams Chargers, Broncos, Ravens, Falcons. Only one team in the league has more victories over playoff teams. No team in the league has fewer losses. And so no, I'm just I am And if there was any concern early, it was like, what's up with Mahomes and riddle me this since they acquired DeAndre Hopkins twelve touchdowns, three picks, a one zero three rating, one of the best quarterbacks in football immediately again, and they're not even playing DeAndre that much. That's the other reason that the Chiefs are just playing by a different a different game than everyone else. The Chiefs traded Demands a fifth round pick for DeAndre Hopkins. That turns into a fourth round pick if he plays sixty percent of the snaps and they make the Super Bowl. So you know what the Chiefs are not doing playing DeAndre Hopkins sixty percent of the snaps. He had fewer snaps than Justin Watson this week. Anybody think Justin Watson's better than DeAndre Hopkins or with the Chiefs, like, let's keep his snap count down. They are wild. Yeah, they just added a left tackle. They're getting Pachecko back. They're gonna get Hollywood Brown before Christmas. They're getting Charles a. Minahu back. They're gonna have the best team up that they've had all year in December. They have the best record in football they've had. They've already gone through the tough part of their schedule.
Speaker 3: Now, with all that said, oh go ahead, Sorry, yeah, because I tell you the can.
Speaker 2: No and then and then you go ahead. With all that said, I'm very, very excited for on Black Friday, Aid and O'Connell to have the Raiders tied at halftime. I can't wait for it. I really can't wait for it. But what were you about to say go ahead?
Speaker 3: I think what kills people? What kills people about your chiefs taken? You're not worried this, that and the third? You always say there's this gear that they can tap into when it just doesn't seem like I get they're winning the games, but do they truly have control? I think there has to be something said about them not having the ability to do it and to not blow or not be in a close game with the Panthers at the end, Like it's.
Speaker 2: Like, go on, why I just listen. I until the NFL, and I haven't checked. I know they changed the kickoff rules until they changed to where margin of victory matters like it's used to in college football. I don't know what the fuck people are talking about like that. I mean, it's just they And if people question do they have an extra gear? I don't know. Man, how much time was left when they got the people like, people can question it, but the proof is in the putting of whenever they have to score, they score. They got the ball back with a minute and a half left, and guess what, Oh my goodness, mahomes, you mean that scramble was there the whole game? Like people think these things are coincidence, like Chris Jones all of his sacks coming in high leverage spots or in the fourth quarter, or it does one of the greatest players ever. Understand all sacks are not created equal. And if I'm playing this right tackle or left guard in the first quarter and I see, oh, I can beat him on this move and then he'll adjust, I'm gonna wait and let him think he's got me. Clyde Fraser used to say that he would if he saw the guy he was guarding had a ball handling weakness, he wouldn't exploit it early because then the guy would adjust and then in a high leverage spot, he wouldn't be able to go get the steal. You guys think it's just coincidence that every great Mahomes run you've ever seen comes in the fourth quarter or on fourth down or on a critical third down, or does he see it available and say, might not need it, but if I do, I'm not wasting it here that every Chris Jones play. I said going into this week's game, my assumed stat line for Chris Jones against the Panthers with zero tackle, zero sex. You know what, he finished with zero tackle, zero sex. The other thing is this when you're every year you're playing a twenty game season and everyone else is planning for a seventeen or eighteen game season. It's different. And so what actually annoys people demands about my Chiefs take is last year, because last year they actually lost games, and last year they actually had problems, and last year they actually had to go on the road, and last year the Bills were red hot, the Ravens were the best Ravens team of the lamar Era, and the Niners had a top defense, top offense, almost MVP at quarterback check check check. And so what annoys people is that last year I was confident they had another gear and I was right, And this year people are like, why isn't the team that's ten to one better? And I think they're dumb. That's the answer to those questions. Next. Oh, and by the way, Bryce played well. Bryce played well. Good for him, he made some high level throws, and I listen, I hope that he can. You know my take on Bryce, it is too small, but everybody loves him, so I hope that he can, uh, you know, build something right.
Speaker 3: Next, So you are no longer an NFC bachelor. You settled down with the Eagles. They got that doub over the Rams. But love is blinded you to come out and say that Saquon Barkley should be the front runner for MVP. Is that real love? Or are you just fading Josh Allen on the MVP.
Speaker 2: No, I listen, I right now, I think the MVP should go like this. I think is here. I think Josh is right on his heels beneath him. Here and then I think there is a massive gap. I I don't know who would be third. You could make an argument for golf. You can make an argument for Derrick Henry people, or you can make an argument for Lamar No the you can make an argument is there anybody else the there's one other person that I had just said that I'm forgetting. But regardless like those are, you can maybe sneaky make an argument somewhere on your ballot for TJ. Watt for carrying that. You know the Steelers where they are, so those are the but I am not I'm not anti Josh. This year is I think evidence. I just think Saquon, who I was dead wrong about, is having a historic, all time great season. And this Eagles team right now is really scary. Vic Fangio did turn that defense around. So now you have an offense that was good last year that until it all fell apart, that's way better because of Saquon. You then have the f defense and those rookie secondary guys in Quinn and Mitchell and Cooper Dejen playing great, and man oh man, that's a scary team.
Speaker 3: Keeps again in the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's my pick right now. So here's The other thing that nobody that I tried to get into yesterday that I just think warrants. I just want to remind the audience here is what the Eagles have going for him. Their floor of a seed is at this point, Demond's the two seed. Like the NFC West in NFC South Division winner is not gonna have a great record, and with Washington having fallen apart, they are going to win that division, so it might be tough for them to get the one, but they can't fall past the two. Detroit is in a different spot because right now Detroit is the favorite for the one, and they should be, but Minnesota is one game behind them and plays them in the final game of the year. If Minnesota were to catch them, Detroit falls to the five seed. So like Detroit probably will be the one, but pretty easily could if they just slip up for two games go all the way to the five. And Jared Goff's road to the Super Bowl being by Dome game, Dome game versus what it would potentially be, which is no bye on the road, you know, in lost, you know whoever wins the NFC West and then on the road in Philly. That's a and just to get to the NFC title game. That's a different story. And so Detroit has looked awesome, but Minnesota staying right on their heels at nine and two makes Detroit a little more tenuous, while Philly has no one on their heels because Washington's falling apart. So I just think that that's another reason I like where Philly is.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, pal, Oh yeah, So on TV, you were a jersey an Eagles jersey. Yeah, you just said something weeks ago about not wearing jerseys as an adult. Yeah, your job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a performer. Yeah. I also don't believe in wearing you know, like fat suits and fake noses. But I don't mind Colin Ferrell on the Penguin doing it. He's playing a character. I mean, what are we talking about? Yes, I was. I didn't wear that walking the streets of New York.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: I was playing a role on television which was really trying to bother Brew and it worked because Bruce Bean Eagles guy, Bruce Bean, the Saquon guy. But all of a sudden, I'm wearing a set one jersey and I'm picking them to go to the Super Bowl. So yeah, I mean this is like the well, except he picked the Packers to win the super Bowl and you're to go to the super Bowl and he's not coming off it. So I mean, he maybe had the foresight, but he left that corner unguarded, and I came and snatched it up from him. All right, let's talk a little CJ. Stroud and some Thanksgiving bets. Take quick break, come back, What's right? All right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Right? And let me remind you guys that if you're getting some holiday shopping done this week and pick up some touchdowns, they're on sale at DraftKings Sportsbook. Looking big to score? Looking to score big this holiday season? DraftKings Sportsbook has your number. Right now. You can snack some serious touchdown deals with doorbuster profits and bet one get one promotions on all types of touchdown bets. The savings are huge, so whether you're a season pro or a casual fan, you can cash in on the excitement of the gridiron. Grab some tds with DraftKings Sportsbook. They're on sale from Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and use code right to opt in. That's code right, wrighd only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours. Gambling problem call one eight hundred. Gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and why four six four to sixty seven pardon me three sixty nine and Connecticut helps available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas twenty one plus age and eligibility restriction or eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void New Hampshire, Oregon, Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see dking dot co slash ball. All right, Demonse, let's talk a little CJ. Stroud before we get some Thanksgiving bets the folks have cooked up for us. Also, by the way, uh, we're gonna we've got to submit, Demonse before tomorrow evening, our picks for this week and your teaser. So I went four and one on the Gambling Show by the way back above five hundred. Uh. Demonse's teaser fell a little short. That's okay, it happens both legs, one truly awful leg and one barely right. The Chiefs were the barely half point. Yeah, and then yeah, it's I mean pretty much. I mean yeah, the Dolphins got passed. I mean they they're just cooked there the Patriots. So I was when I saw I remembered that you had the Chiefs minus three and a half, and it made me because I didn't remember what the other leg of your teaser was.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: Hoping when I checked the document that it had lost because I didn't want the Chiefs to have cost you by yeah, because they especially Oh but hey man, yeah, if only someone who told you it was gonna be a three or four point game. All right, let's go ahead, let's do CJ. Stroud.
Speaker 3: So we hit on CJ slump a little bit earlier. So, yeah, he's had a rough month without Nico Collins. New cons is back, but he's in the AFC South, so he's got a little bit of a cushion there. But before the year, we had talked about green Bay and Houston, in which team we thought was more likely to take a step back or digress. You bought staking the Texans and faded the Packers, who are now eight and three. Do you regret your choice or do you think that people are reading into the the CJ slump too deeply right now?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I think it's a real thing. I I think that he's not playing great. He almost went fuller lofski in the end zone run out the back. He was lucky he got tackled because he was gonna run out on his own, and the tackle made it less embarrassing. Also, the offensive line's been brutal. I also don't think the Packers are quite as good as their eight and three records suggests. I think they're good, but I don't think they are I don't think that the Packers feel great about their last few weeks of football, so like, obviously they feel great about the way they annihilated the Niners, but the previous week they needed the block field goal against the Bears. The Lions beat him pretty soundly. The Jags game was super close, the Texans game is super close, So I think they are maybe a little shake year, and it's because Jordan Love hasn't played quite to the level he played last year. So I just thought it was people were. I thought super Bowl for either of these teams was premature. Now, I thought the Packers could missed the playoffs because I thought the Bears were gonna be a playoff team in that division. That obviously was wrong. You look confused, Monty.
Speaker 3: I mean, put, Ye're talking about people that picked the Texans in Green Bay to go to the super Bowl, where premature. I mean you picked the Bears.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, well I was wrong about the Bears, I mean the I mean, what what what what do you mean?
Speaker 3: No? I was just like all right, yeah, no, I'm sorry that the tone I got confused. My apologies.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying that I'm trying. Actually, I don't think that the Packers or the Texans have like massively regressed. I think they're very similar to the actual Caliar teams they were last year. I just think because they both won a playoff game in impressive fashion, they people thought they were maybe gonna be a little ahead of the schedule. They're actually on That's the only point that I'm making. I'm not saying like it was a ridiculous, right, Yeah, I know, I'm just I'm just saying that if if you're judging either of these teams based on the they're disappointing. If they're not a Super Bowl contender standard I gotta kill this mosquito, then you're disappointed. If you're judging them based on you know, they were on this great trajectory. Did they level off a bit? But there are they? Do you still feel good about them? Then it's different. Listen, the Texan's got to clean a lot of things up, and they need to spend some real resources on an offensive line that's been a disaster this year. That's been their biggest problem is their offensive line, and it's led to some of CJ's skittishness. If you will, all right, let's do the Thanksgiving uh whatever Thanksgiving game we're doing here.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, So much like at the Thanksgiving table, there isn't enough room on your plate for every dish, So we're gonna pass around some dishes aka bets, and you saw what you want to put on your plate? Plate one? Bet one, We've got a Caleb Williams props over two hundred and twenty nine and a half pass yards at minus one fifteen or over twenty nine and a half rush yards at minus one fifteen.
Speaker 2: Listen, I I actually would I like both of these because he is running the ball more and I think, listen, I think Chicago's gonna have to throw a lot. They're playing Detroit on Thanksgiving. Detroit's gonna put up some points, and so I wouldn't even mind parlaying these two. If if I had to pick just one, I guess I would probably pick the rushing yards. But I think he could have a big statistical game. But that you expect the Bears obviously to lose, all right.
Speaker 3: Next bet two nap time New York Dallas. Either team to score three unanswered times. Yes at minus one sixty five and No at plus one twenty five.
Speaker 2: So the three straight scores bet. That's always seem like NO should be the favorite, and Yes is always the favorite because it happens more often than people think. I actually would go with No on this one because I just think this is gonna be a lot of punts and quick drives, because both I know the Cowboys offense look good this week, but Tommy DeVito Cooper rush is not exactly gonna be a scoring bonanza. And by the way, the Kleeb thing, I can get plus two fifty if I parlay them both it's not the greatest odds in the world. That's fine, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: Bet three werecalling this one fading two in the cold got two at under two and forty one and a half yards and under one and a half touchdowns at plus one fifty.
Speaker 2: So I would I'm not gonna do the under tds. I would do the underyards. Here's what I'm gonna say about two in the cold. It is up to Mike McDaniel to set the standard that it's gonna not bother his team. So Mike McDaniel can't be bundled up like a snowman. Mike McDaniel's gotta gotta set the tone, and in that Chiefs playoff game, he looked so miserable that it set a tone for his team that the weather's going to be an excuse and he needs to set a different tone here. So I know that sounds crazy, but there was a real difference between Andy Reid wearing just his regular winter clothes, even though he had literal icicles forming on his mustache in that playoff game, and Mike McDaniel looking like he wanted to be anywhere other than where he was. Now, I understand that was one of the coldest games ever, I understand. And Andy Reid's got more natural I get it, I understand, But it's still he needs to It's such a thing for his team that he has to shake no pun intended the snow globe a bit here, all right, Let's do a couple of these other special bets from DraftKings. See if I like any of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lamb Cutlets Ceedee Lamb and Tommy DeVito to combine for four hundred plus passing, receiving and rushing yards at plus three fifty.
Speaker 2: I hate that bet. I hate it.
Speaker 3: I hate it. I hate it.
Speaker 2: I will not be a part of that bet. So what would that mean that? Let's say Ceedee Lamb has a monster game, he has one hundred and fifty yards. I need two hundred and fifty yards from Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 3: No thanks, Next, invite the neighbors mylik neighbors to have two plus receptions in each quarter at plus twenty two hundred.
Speaker 2: Hey, no, I don't like that bet, I either like Again, that's relying too much of it there, Tommy DeVito. And also, I'm gonna say something. I'm gonna give an old man take real quick, Malik Neighbors is too young to already be a deva wide Receiverlik the Molik Neighbors can't be lighten his coach up, lighten his quarterback up. You've been in a league a dozen games. I think he's gonna be a great player, and I think he's excellent. I understand his frustration, but that is also a cultural problem for the Giants that they that he thinks that's allowed. Like, sorry, man, you're you're you haven't yet done, and you I understand, Like diva wide receiver is almost like something that's just totally accepted and we're fine with it. You're not Jamar Chase yet. Bro, You're just not And the your your teammates weren't lighting you up whenning I think it was Game two, you dropped a pass that would ice the game and they lost. Like you got It's too early, too early in your career for that, in my opinion.
Speaker 3: All right, Next, the meat sweats Montes sweat to have two plus x plus eight.
Speaker 2: Hundred at eight to one. I'll take a little taste at that. I don't mind that. See if the see if you can get a Lion's got a great offensive line. But see if Montes Sweat can get going. I don't mind that one, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: Uh for Black Friday Raiders Chiefs, will the team that scores last win the game? Yes? At minus two eighty five and no at plus two oh five?
Speaker 2: I mean I would, I I know, I'm not interested in that bet, Like that's to me, that's I guess I if I know there's two from minus two eighty to plus two five. No, yeah, no, no, no, I'm not interested in that bet. All right, real quick, let's play this game because then I got a run. We'll do some listener questions too, but we're gonna roll through this demanse.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So we're deep enough into the seasons to know how teams, how good teams really are aren't but there are still a few mysteries out there. What is the biggest question mark you still have for each of these contenders? First off, Lamar is in the thick of the MVP discussion still, but even at eight and four, Baltimore shown there is shaky at times. What is the biggest question still facing the Ravens.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I don't We've talked enough about Lamar. The biggest question is for the Ravens is the defense that showed up last night gonna be their real defense, because if it is, they got a fighting chance. Like the defense have been brutal last night, the defense showed some real fight even without Rokwan Smith, so that was a very positive sign.
Speaker 3: Next h San Francisco is now plus four hundred to make the playoffs. It's crazy, but they're only a game back in the crowded West. Answering a big question or two could turn things around for them. But what is the big question still facing the Niners? Well?
Speaker 2: How healthy is Party? And then the other the big question is if they missed the playoffs, do they pay Party this offseason or do they wait? You is unsurprisingly no, I would wait and see what he looks like next year, see if we you know, if he looks more like this year or more like he did last season. And the reason that their playoff odds are so bad is because they're in such a bad shape from divisional tiebreakers. Is if they are tied with any team atop the division, they're gonna lose that tie breaker. So they need to finish with the best record with nobody having the same record, and that's gonna be tough for them, especially with the schedule they have. I mean they have a game against Buffalo coming up this weekend next.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, so the forty nine Ers are the only struggling team in the ANFC West. The Rams are in the same boat after falling apart on Sunday night versus the Eagles. What is the big question still facing the Rams?
Speaker 2: I mean, can they have a second half the way they did last year? Terrible open to the season last year, then we're red hot going in the playoffs. I still want to believe in the Rams because I believe in Stafford so much. But they're digging themselves quite the hole. And it's not just that they lost to Philly. It's that they you know, they let go of the rope and let Saquon kill them next.
Speaker 3: Washington has gone from being the eighteen to falling apart over the last month. On this past week, they even blew it to to the tanking Cowboys by missing the point I'm sorry, the extra point. Yeah. What is the big question still facing the Commanders?
Speaker 2: I mean, how close are they to bottom? Because they should still make the playoffs and their next two are the Titans and the Saints, and the Saints are after a bye, so they should be able to steady themselves. But if they lose against the Titans and they go into the bye at seven and six after starting seven and two, then could be real trouble. And also Jaden could lose Rookie of the Year to bow Nicks. So there's that piece of it as well.
Speaker 3: All right, next, Uh you one time NFC sweetheart pairs have collapsed with many left pointing the finger at Caleb Williams Chicago. Isn't the continder you thought they were? We expect them to clean the house. So what do they then do? What is the biggest question still facing the Bears going forward?
Speaker 2: Uh? Who's gonna be their next head coach? And that's the only question that really matters because ebra Flus is gonna get fired And can they probably Ben Johnson away from the Lions, weaken the Lions and make themselves better? That's that's the big question. Like that to me is no question that that is their single biggest question. All right, quick break, right back? What's right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back in What's right with Nick right Demansey, Let's answer a few listener questions.
Speaker 3: Scott Murphy, should the NBA try to encroach on Thanksgiving, like the NFL is done with Christmas. There's always at least one bad game that they could have potentially steal viewers from.
Speaker 2: I No, I don't. I don't think that would be a good idea. I think that would be a big owl for the NBA. And listen, the NFL is just taking people's corners. There's nothing you can really do about it. So no, I don't. I don't think that they should uh try to encroach on Thanksgiving. I think it's smart to not try to start a fight they can't win.
Speaker 3: Next Alex Magley despite the poor coaching from Tomlin and Arthur Smith against Cleveland, do you see the Steelers as a potential opponent for the Chiefs or Bills in the AFC Championship game?
Speaker 2: Listen, I don't. I don't think the Steelers can be dismissed because every game is gonna be close. And listen, the Steelers are gonna play a low scoring, close game against the worst teams in the league, the best teams in the league, and the mediocre teams, and TJ. Watt can wrect games. Listen. I find this steel I think, But I think Kansity is clearly the best. I think Buffalo is clearly the biggest threat. But I put the Steelers on the same level as the Ravens and the Chargers though as like, I don't think they're worse than those teams personally. All right, next.
Speaker 3: Travis Rodgers. What does Jared Goff need to do to win win MVP? Keep maintaining and hope the others slip.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, yeah, he has to maintain and I think he does need Josh Allen to slip up quite a bit. Here's the thing, because the MVP has become something you know what, I'm gonna amend my answer. He probably what he needs to do to win MVP because I don't think they're gonna give it to a running back. Maybe they will, but it's been a dozen years. They play the Bills on national TV in three weeks December fifteenth, the and if they win that game, honestly, it'll probably be Jared Goff's award, Like that's just kind of how this goes. And so they play the Bills. If he plays well in the win that game, I think he can win MVP. I don't love that. It just kind of like, oh, they played late and this guy won, but that's how the voting went last year, and so it might go like that again. All right, last one, WX.
Speaker 3: You always criticize Siriani, but to quote you, I don't believe in quarterback wins, but I do believe in coaching wins. In quote, why won't you give him credit for how much he's won?
Speaker 2: Listen, it's a good argument. I always say wins are a coaching stat and he's one of the winning as coaches ever, so that is a great argument using my own definitions against me. So well done, sir. The answer that question is I just don't think he's very good. I'm sorry, like I I think, I just don't think he's very good. But you're right, by the way I judge coaches, I should think he's excellent. I just don't have a great Thanksgiving. Everyone. Check our socials four hour picks this weekend. Enjoy your family, friends, and if you're by yourself, go see one of these awesome movies out there. Trying not to be said this holiday. Thanksgiving Demons, I'll see you in La Thursday. Can't wait for it. Love your pal, see you guys. We'll be right back here next Tuesday. I'm going on Colin in an hour to yell at him for making fun of me on Twitter, and then we got first Things.
Speaker 3: Versus three What's right? Hey?
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget. We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get de Monday in another plaque, so like, subscribe, send a rating to do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,