Speaker 1: Everlance is an essential app for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and anyone else who wants to track mileage and expenses.
Speaker 2: What's going on. I'm Rich Demiro. This is rich on Tech Daily.
Speaker 1: Recently, I've been testing out an app called Everlance. It's an automatic mileage tracker, but also much more. The company sent me up with a premium account so I can try it out, and I was actually kind of hesitant to even try this app out because I was so used to what I normally use, which is called mile Iq. I've been using that for years, but I'm grown to like Everlance much more than that app. And that's because while mile iq was great at tracking the miles that you drive, everlance is more of a personal accounting tool for independent professionals. You can track your mileage and your expenses now. For starters, the app is free, but like most freemium models, if you want to unlock the best features, you're gonna have to pay for full access to the app, which is eight dollars a month if you pay monthly, but I'd recommend paying by the year because then it's only five dollars a month if you pay for the year in advance, which comes out to sixty dollars. Then if you use my referral code, which everyone gets once you sign up, that can take twenty five dollars off the annual price. So it's really just thirty five dollars for the first year and well worth it.
Speaker 2: Let me explain why.
Speaker 1: So once you set up the app, you just drive your car as usual.
Speaker 2: The app uses a combination of.
Speaker 1: GPS and the centers in your phone to capture the trips that you take.
Speaker 2: It makes a log of those. Then at the end of the day, week.
Speaker 1: Month, or whenever you feel like it, you can go in and classify the trips. I always recommend doing this earlier than later, because sometimes you forget what a trip was all about. But it's really easy to classify the trips. All you have to do is swipe. You swipe to the left for personal or swipe to the right for business, and it's really that simple. Or you can slow swipe a trip and then categorize it even further. There are custom categories like medical, charity, moving, or commute, or you can make your own, and you can also add notes to each trips. You can remember what it was all about. You can classify the car that you used if you drive with several of them, or you can just trash the trip altogether if you're in a friend's car, or say on public transportation, because sometimes it picks up those trips too. You always see an ongoing total of the miles that you've logged for the entire month, the week, the year, and more. Plus the neat thing is that everlance also lets you know how much these miles are potentially worth on your next tax report. Now I'm not a tax person, but right now it's saying that I drove two hundred and forty two miles for work for the year, and that's about one hundred and thirty two dollars in deductions. Now, the mileage logging is great, but my favorite part of everlance is also how it can help you keep track of business expenses and your transactions. Now I've used Mint in the past to try to do this, or a business only credit card.
Speaker 2: Keep it in mind that sometimes I do do freelance.
Speaker 1: Gigs like guest host a radio show or something like that, so I do rack up some expenses not covered by my regular job, and everlance makes keeping track of all these expenses really easy. So you link up your credit or your debit card. Then you see all of the transactions on those cards, and again you swipe left or right to categoriz them into work or personal. And within work, you can even create categories so you know exactly what those expenses were.
Speaker 2: When the year comes to an end, and.
Speaker 1: They take it a step further, you can even input your freelance income, so this is cool for keeping track of that. And the neat part is there's a taxes tab on Everlance that gives you a preview of your upcoming freelance tax year, so you see your revenue minus your work expenses and your mileage deduction, which equals your taxable income as a freelancer. Now, again, I am not a tax person. I'm not giving you advice here, and you're gonna have to double check all this stuff with a pro. But it's a really nice little snapshot to have and I feel like random business expenses of mine are no longer falling through the cracks. There are lots of other useful features, like generating reports to share with your accountant. You can set work hours, and also your favorite places or trips, so Everlance can automatically categorize them. But this app is a winner in my book. You can find a link to download it, and be sure to use my referral code if you're going to sign up so you can save some money on the annual fee. Just go to Rich on tech dot tv and search Foreverlance. And if you like this podcast, be sure to leave a rating and review in the Apple Podcasts app.
Speaker 2: That way more people discover it. I'm Rich Tomiro.
Speaker 1: As always, you can find links to everything I talk about here on my website.
Speaker 2: Just go to richon tech dot tv. I'll talk to you real soon.