Speaker 1: It's nine O Gen one with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: I know you are ready for this, uh my two lovely co hosts, but I'm talking specifically Jennifer Eve Garth.
Speaker 3: You love game shows. You love game shows, I do.
Speaker 1: Are you so excited? This was a great episode?
Speaker 2: Okay? Sure? Well, I mean the whole uh huh?
Speaker 1: What was it called? Jeopardy of it all? You loved it. Alex Trebek was on our show and he was so that was major, major.
Speaker 3: He was in so much of the show too. Yeah, he really was. I mean for that.
Speaker 1: Guy to like stop his you know life at that point he was like, you know, Alex Trebek.
Speaker 2: And doing those million things at once, what like Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then like three or four different scenes on our show and he was good.
Speaker 3: You guys went to him because that looked like the real Jeopardy. Still he did it.
Speaker 2: They got him.
Speaker 3: It was great. Do we think it wasn't on streaming because of Alex Trebek or maybe the Jeopardy music or something. Why I couldn't figure out why it wasn't on streaming and we all had to watch it on DVD.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but yes, we had to venture into our DVD collection. Thank you, Chrissell.
Speaker 2: So apparently our producer, Chuck Rosen, was a lifelong fan, like uber fan Jeopardy and Alex Trebek, and that's why it happened. He wanted that and created it and made it happen.
Speaker 3: I'm not much for the dream sequences, but otherwise I liked it. I just am like, I get those dream things when Brandon's a clown. And then I liked it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: And one of my daughters has what she calls a real fear of clowns, like she can't walk by clowns. So Stella was watching it with me, so didn't expect that, didn't remember that. That really creeped her out, and she left, and I was like, you just don't want to keep watching it. That's why you're leaving. What you're saying, it's about the clown. Oh wait, should we jump in and say what we're talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, okay people. This is season five, episode twenty five, Crazy Double Jeopardy, aired March twenty ninth, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Synopsis. Legendary game show host Alec Trebek makes a cameo. More than that, he was a real guest star here as Brandon Claire compete for a spot on college Jeopardy. Andrea and Jesse's marriage is also in jeopardy. After the double affairs, Claire can't control her feelings for Brandon, and David is longing for Donna. Who's busy missing Ray.
Speaker 1: Directed by Richard Lang. Written by Christina Elice, And that's right, she Christina Elise wrote, co wrote this episode.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Remember when we didn't know, we would see scripts and it would say Christine McCarthy and so we were like, oh, we like this female writer Christine McCarthy. Duh, it was Christina Leise and we just like didn't get the memo or we were too young, like busy even.
Speaker 1: They probably told us Christine wrote this episode.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I have no idea she wrote an episode.
Speaker 2: More than one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: She loves her writing. She's a good writer. She's great.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm good writing, good drama with with Henrea and Jesse.
Speaker 1: Really good writing. And yeah, I mean yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow. Gabrielle was great and not scene she really was. She was the whole episode, but that seemed in particular. Sorry we're not there yet.
Speaker 1: Sorry, let's just start from the top. Shall we It starts at cost A walsh Rights watching Jeopardy start Why why wouldn't Brandon?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Okay, Kelly is with the Walshes and they're in the living room and they're watching Jeopardy, and Brandon says he's going to audition for college Jeopardy and he wants to call Arey and see if she wants if she was also invited, And Kelly stops Brandon from calling Andrea and tells him she had an affair.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, real, well someone had.
Speaker 1: To tell him, somebody. Yeah, I think it was okay for Kelly to tell Brandon feels right.
Speaker 3: No, It's like you promised and then you told like one of the friend group and one of her best friends also, and millions of viewers.
Speaker 1: Well I didn't know they were listening. But I'm just why didn't Brandon tell anyone, like the family, his girlfriend friend or Andrea that he was trying out for Jeopardy?
Speaker 3: Oh, spending in the postcard right like that?
Speaker 1: He didn't even like, why wouldn't he do that if it's his favorite thing and he's always wanted to be on it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Suddenly opinions he didn't want judgment, so want someone to stop him.
Speaker 1: So he just did it, And yeah, I almost barfed with all the Jim and Cindy like kissing up to him.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're so handsome, You're so handsome.
Speaker 1: He's the president of the student body. It was his gross.
Speaker 2: Well, when Jim was kissing up to him, you just closed your eyes and pretend it was you currently all right.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's still a.
Speaker 3: Cute scene though, and you're like really in the family and it's like everybody's all good over there.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was nice.
Speaker 1: Things aren't so nice?
Speaker 2: That is you can just call it out first. That is not you watching a game show. You wouldn't play nice like that.
Speaker 3: No, are you wearing yellow? It was a cute yellow.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Competitiveness with game shows and games his next level.
Speaker 3: Have Have either of you been on Celebrity Jeopardy?
Speaker 1: No, I want to Luke was he was? Luke was he was on it before? It was easy? Like I don't know if you've noticed, but Celebrity Jeopardy used to be a lot harder, and they have dumbed it down quite a lot for the Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Even Celebrity Jeopardy, he was only just Jeopardy.
Speaker 1: I think it was celebrity.
Speaker 2: I was celebrity, but I mean we're talking twenty five years ago, like this is when like nobody did it, Like.
Speaker 3: Oh, is he really? He was really shart?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you did it, then you had to be really smart.
Speaker 2: Wow, now you just have to be cute Mian bi Alec and Luke Berry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seriously, scientist geniuses. I wanted to be on Rock and Roll Jeopardy. That was like on MTV.
Speaker 2: It was so easy.
Speaker 3: I literally know.
Speaker 2: I failed. Celebrity family feud, panicked you did. That's not even a hard one to do, Like it's it's not like, oh my god, I'm not good at this now, not a games I freeze creep.
Speaker 1: I thought you were pretty competitive.
Speaker 2: Oh you know I am, But I freeze like Cindy Brady like you always used to say lights on.
Speaker 1: So okay, well, well back to it, Okay. Andrea and Jesse return from couples therapy and it's uh, he's not happy. Jesse's not happy. He tells Andrea, You're just not the girl I fell in love with anymore?
Speaker 3: What about him? Though? I felt like it was a bit one sided, Like I get it. She had like a full bown affair and he had a one night stand, but still like, oh, she serves.
Speaker 1: It up to him. She tells Jesse that she had to Oh, I'm sorry, I had to have a baby and raise Hannah and uh, you know, go to college all at the same time. Like she like totally cut him down.
Speaker 3: Yeah she did, but I felt like they both like he seems so mad at her about the affair, but he did it too right.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly what Andrea is trying to say, not just about the affair, but about where they are in life and how they found themselves here and why she might not be the girl he fell in love with anymore, which is such bullshit, because yeah, no, she's not the girl you fell in love with. She's a girl now trying like juggling all this and trying to raise a baby, and she has no idea what she's doing and no help besides him, you know preach.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, he just got married so fast.
Speaker 2: Well, who are we to judge it? Just it happened. It's unfortunate, and they either have to acclamate or split up.
Speaker 3: I actually couldn't help myself, but went did a deep dive last night to see if they end up together. Well, you didn't remember, I didn't quite remember.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But at the end of this episode, I feel like they're back together. So we'll get there.
Speaker 3: This is it for them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you guys leave. They know she's leaving the show at this Wait what yeah? Yeah, disappointed?
Speaker 1: Hold your hats, Andrea's leaving the show this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, and we don't tell her. Let her enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Let her enjoy the right, you guys, that's setting.
Speaker 3: She returned back for visits. Yeah, she visits like a few times, maybe six times, five times, something like that.
Speaker 1: This is forever season five. She does never come back like for sorry.
Speaker 3: Not for a season for like. Yeah, she literally leaves and makes a guest appearance a few times.
Speaker 1: Choice, she was gone.
Speaker 3: She wanted to leave. It's her, it was her choice.
Speaker 1: I thought, no, right, didn't she want to a talk show?
Speaker 2: She did?
Speaker 1: Like she got offered a talk show or something and went to do that. I feel like I remember that part and it.
Speaker 2: Was on Fox, correct Fox. Fox gave her that makes the deal and did But I don't know, I feel like it was mutual. Sorry, I'm just gonna say it mutual. Yeah, yeah, okay, I think it was both parties very amicable. But it was time to move on. She had this going for she wanted to do that, so it was like the right time for everyone.
Speaker 1: WHOA Okay, So I'm really curious how they're going to wrap up this season then, because there's a lot going on, and actually this bye.
Speaker 3: This one I fully remember. Do you remember toy.
Speaker 1: This episode? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, how they how they off?
Speaker 2: She goes, correct, I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll like it, Jenny, it's not You'll be okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's really you'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll you'll actually be okay.
Speaker 1: So we go to see you next to where Steve is helping Brandon prepare for Jeopardy, and Claire tells Brandon that she is also trying out for college Jeopardy.
Speaker 3: Very hockey about it too.
Speaker 1: And this is where you, Claire and Donna are there together, right, so cute the two of Steves.
Speaker 2: Supports Brandon, Donna supports Claire.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we start to see this Steph and Claire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're starting to see that. Yeah, we're starting to see the beginnings of that a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought Claire was hot for Brandon.
Speaker 3: I mean, but what a waste of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Steve's it's starting to see that they're like, oh yeah, like one upping each other. Oh there's something there, right.
Speaker 3: Really, the thing that I find so odd is Donna and Claire's friendship despite David, Like that would actually be a bit.
Speaker 2: Irrelevant, so silly, Yeah, David waiting in the wings Claire, you guys didn't like.
Speaker 3: And they make up thirty seconds ago.
Speaker 1: Literally not very realistic of how females will be handling that.
Speaker 2: But maybe we are conditioned to think that this is how females handle it, and maybe they're handling it more like.
Speaker 3: And it is more of a younger thing. Like in high school people switched around. I'm trying to remember in college. College people did that, but they were a little mad about it. Like I remember people in.
Speaker 2: My syn you got mad.
Speaker 3: You can't date him because I dated him, you know, seven months ago. Like it's they were very like.
Speaker 2: What's the roommates?
Speaker 3: I claimed him?
Speaker 2: Their roommates?
Speaker 3: A roommate is like, yeah, that would be weird.
Speaker 2: Swapping a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Did you guys notice? Uh, Well, first of all, I love all of the it's called b roll, you know, like the extras walking around campus, like the opening shots of the show where they're it's just like they're warming up basic gay to get into the storylines and it's all just like random people walking around. I love it. It makes me feel like I'm there. So they did such a good job with that. I felt like. But the music, oh my god, there was there's custom made. I'm guessing because it's not music I've ever heard music for, like the opening credits, like after this, you know, the.
Speaker 3: Like the transition kind of into the episodes.
Speaker 1: It didn't bump anybody. I was like, what is this music?
Speaker 3: Well, and what's weird is now you're hearing probably the original because it's the DVD and not streaming.
Speaker 1: It felt so like like made for TV kind of right into the like.
Speaker 2: I hate it, I hate it shows.
Speaker 1: No. Oh, then they jump into mail Kelly is this mellow or Kelly's Kelly's So this is Jackie Kelly's like Jackie Jackie's and for some reason, and Kelly and David are just like walking down the hallway Jackie's master bedroom or whatever it is, and there's Mel in the bed with her.
Speaker 3: I mean it kind of when comes.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, kind of great, Like you're just like oh and you're like, oh, that's uncomfortable, and then you're like okay, I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: And a really cool moment between Kelly and David where they're sort of like would you I thought it was really good acting too, like Jenny, like you're really pondering like what.
Speaker 6: Could I Yeah, it was a cool I like those scenes of David and Kelly where they have their low moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I missed those because we didn't get them when they were like brother and sister. Then they were fri and it's been gone for now it's back, and I'm really.
Speaker 3: Happy with like a Donna undertone, like you know that's sub but she's sort of thinking about it in her own life. Like it was like, really, that was a cool scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a female written scene. Thank you, Christina Elise.
Speaker 3: That is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, real good that you can see right there. That's two two great scenes. Yeah, Andrea's scene with Jesse and that scene. Then we go to oh so that's where we find out that they're for sure back together.
Speaker 3: Yeah fine, I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great, it seems Jackie seems happy beach house.
Speaker 2: Donna, Aaron'll be sixteen, but okay, go on.
Speaker 1: Next we go to the beach house. I guess where Donna is calling around looking for Ray. Can't find him, Donald, can't find him anywhere. Clara reminds her that she was David. She has David waiting in the wings if things don't work out with Ray. Okay, nice for her to remind you of.
Speaker 2: Her voice awkwardly inappropriate her. Yeah, but we're of all females. I was hung up on I'm not gonna lie like it was a little bit of a I felt like a gut thing that she couldn't reach Ray. So I had a little girl feeling, a little girl feeling. I had a girl feeling for a moment, and I was like, Oh, is he cheating on her? Where is he? Or is he just like he can't deal? I thought he was cheating on her?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think we're supposed to think that.
Speaker 2: I just want can't.
Speaker 1: It's a cell phone. I was totally like.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's playing and having one night stands and she mayn't reach him.
Speaker 1: And I was just crushed, Like don I would probably be a lot more upset, but maybe he was away on a work trip.
Speaker 2: He's playing gig and what happens music somewhere else?
Speaker 3: Yeah, although they can, they're always at a motel so they can call from a landline. Well he does, but he ran into all that mess. You know, his thing got canceled, the truck had a flat. Whatever, He's filled.
Speaker 1: And then my question is why is Brandon hanging out at the Chancellor's office, Like, doesn't he have anything better to do with his time?
Speaker 2: You know, he doesn't he you know, he loves this stuff.
Speaker 1: But Claire's dad calls and like pokes fun at her. It's really funny and cute. But I'm like, why is he sitting there?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Why is he?
Speaker 3: I wonder if he has to have regular meetings as the student body president. Maybe he meets with him weekly and this was their weekly.
Speaker 2: I liked it better when I thought he just like drops in.
Speaker 3: He's just so broie with the chancellor.
Speaker 1: Okay, back to the pete. No, we haven't been there yet. At the peach pit, Nat asks Jesse if he's okay, because he doesn't look so good. That's where everybody goes to have their therapy. Yeah, well, whenever you have a breakup or something bad happens to you or your cat runs away whatever.
Speaker 2: Cheers where everybody knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, super random that He's like, oh, I was hoping you'd ask me to stay with you, Dylan.
Speaker 2: That team was weird.
Speaker 3: They're friends, they're barely friends. They've like had a few confrontations, like on porch steps.
Speaker 2: Like it's kind of the point, like we understood that Dylan wasn't saying that he was going to give him alone to go somewhere.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's going. I mean I felt bad for Dylan. He was like, Oh, here we go. This guy needs money too, like you know, he sees it coming.
Speaker 3: And he's like, Andrey is like bestie. It was that was weird, and he was Dylan was right like He's like, I don't want to be in the middle of this, Like if I let you stay with me, this is like awkward.
Speaker 2: Okay, Dylan and theory what they're Yeah, talk this scene through with Dylan and Jesse based on your theory, please, Well.
Speaker 3: I don't even know that I can. I mean, I still think they should have explored a relationship.
Speaker 2: There's something they have so based on that, I.
Speaker 3: Mean kind of like you're so right of everybody. He's going to Dylan to stay with Dylan. He could have stayed at the Walls.
Speaker 1: Didn't have any friends, yeah.
Speaker 3: You remember, they just had All his friends are like a mess.
Speaker 2: And that's why Dylan doesn't want him there.
Speaker 3: Right, because he's like, I love your.
Speaker 2: Wife somewhere deep down and were deep down.
Speaker 3: But also he is her bestie, and it's like weird that he's letting the that guy come in. I don't know, it's a little weird.
Speaker 1: And also a little weird is Dylan's facial hair in that scene, Fairness. I couldn't get past it understood. It was like sideburns and sort of goateee but like ruffy ruffy in here. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I sort of liked everything about Dylan in this episode.
Speaker 1: He's so like he's the guy everybody turns to for suage advice, and he's always to give people money. He's not so much like wisdom. Where do you get all this wisdom for such a messed up kid?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Great point. I did find the scene. I know we're not there yet, but the scene with Jesse and Dylan at the house where Jesse's just being so annoying. I was like, can you be more annoying? Like this guy did you a favor he didn't even want to do, and now you're just whistling and talking and being real annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah it'll be gone soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think that's a good roommate situation at all. Nolan should ever have roommates.
Speaker 2: He needs to totally. Yeah, okay, go on.
Speaker 1: All right. When they when they had that dream though, the Brandon dreaming about being on Jeopardy, I thought it was real until the clown and I was like.
Speaker 3: Wait, exactly, Yeah, it kind of tricked you.
Speaker 1: It's a tricky little scene.
Speaker 3: I don't like the dreaming, but dreaming drives me nuts. You don't like a these are like dream these are they're fine, but they like they're kind of cool. And then of course Claire has to ever dream.
Speaker 1: But the same exact dream, like wow, there right.
Speaker 3: And then the like you want to Brandon and every answer was branded.
Speaker 1: He so cute. He looked like like a Barbie doll.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did look cute in that like tucks or whatever. When did we get wait, yeah, what comes after this? Sorry, well we're going.
Speaker 1: To go right up to They just when they go to their Jeopardy auditions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to remember when we bow the baby comes over.
Speaker 1: Before that, Valori and Cindy are there and they're having lunch, and Andrea comes over and she needs a babysitter, and Valerie offers, and I'm screaming at the TV. Don't give your baby to her. Don't do it, don't do it.
Speaker 3: Gave her the.
Speaker 2: Val Okay, so listen. I mean, you know, I love a good vow. I just want to watch her with her top gene unbuttoned, hop button of her jeans. I want to see her making out with Dylan. I don't want to see her with a baby. I'm out over it.
Speaker 3: I mean, Cindy vouched for That's not what you want to see.
Speaker 1: Nope, I want And then she was like, she looks so cute too in that like bomber jacket or their hair was brown and the bomber jack was brown and Dylan was everything looks so good except the baby.
Speaker 3: Girl gets the baby taken away and doesn't call Andrea immediately. Right, look what I think that would be the first baby her husband just took your baby?
Speaker 2: You guys, why this storyline? So val had something this week or what what what.
Speaker 1: Do you mean? Why did Valerie get to babysit?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why that little like what CD storyline?
Speaker 1: Eh, well it got her over to be with Dylan again.
Speaker 2: Fair, I mean, I guess done another way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yes, somehow we needed to have this moment where we find out Jesse is gonna get a divorce lawyer and Andrea was at the lawyer. Okay, just like traumatic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so much is going on. They're at the Jeopardy auditions, They're at the Andrea and Jesse fight where she basically picks him out of the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was gnarly. That was kind of aggressive aggressive. Yeah, but it was like pretty good, good acting, Like I don't have any like real like they they bad acting.
Speaker 1: Moments, No, not on in that scene. They were both so good together. Yeah, I was like, wow, this she is so good in the scene. Everything's so good about the scene except what am I gonna say?
Speaker 2: You saw a boom?
Speaker 1: I thought it would bother you too. Her vest, her velvet vest.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought a feeling was her outfit. I had a feeling. They really don't.
Speaker 2: I'm never extremely happy.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, so Claire, Yeah, she says she's removing herself from the running of the Jeopardy of it All. At the beach House, Donna covers for Claire when Chancellor Arnold calls to talk about Jeopardy.
Speaker 3: That was actually funny. Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Now wait, you guys, how many times do you think people in college did every time Jeopardy is mentioned take a show?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, on every episode? Like how many times they say Brandon or we.
Speaker 2: Em You know about this right?
Speaker 3: The drinking the nine on drinking game?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Ish, but I don't know that. I totally remember that. Okay, So we heard a word, right, Jen, that like.
Speaker 2: Colleges across America, they have drinking games and they drink every time a character. For me personally, it was like every time Donna wears a bully shirt, Jen, what was it for you?
Speaker 1: I don't have any idea.
Speaker 2: I kind of do remember this every time Kelly was it cry?
Speaker 1: No, you know, cry that much?
Speaker 2: There was one for everybody, And we heard this. It was a little like not shaming, but you had to. You had to take it in like, ooh, that's the thing they think is annoying about your character. You do too much. So we just had to be like okay, cool. So anyway, this episode, what would it be about you Amy? Every time Amy brushes her hair, take a shot?
Speaker 1: No, what would our listeners if there was a drinking game for.
Speaker 3: When I say totally, totally.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, totally Every time I say that, I feel like they would drink every time I say I don't understand this or I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Or this makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: There sort of was a moment in the trajectory of the show where it was like this huge phenomenon, right, and like and dare I say cool or edgy? And then there is that moment I don't say edgy. Yeah, I don't think we're there yet, but it becomes campy is probably not.
Speaker 2: The right word, little bet a little bit.
Speaker 3: We're not there yet, like.
Speaker 2: Our producers are telling us. It was Kelly. Every time Kelly gives a quote unquote, nobody understands how hard it is to be me. Look quote unquote, what is that?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 2: I don't know, can you do that?
Speaker 1: It's so hard to be me? Look?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, but I've got a couple friends lately say to me so, especially because Tory we had like a work dinner Jenny couldn't go. I actually couldn't go because of my situation, but Tory was able to go. And I did have a couple friends in our work that are very star struck by you, and I'm sure the same happens with Jenny. That it's like there is that thing still for you guys where they're like, we know we work with you and we know you're cool, but yet at the same time, you're still Kelly and Donna and they like grew up.
Speaker 2: And were they were? Were they there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I won't name them, but I mean it happens every time when you guys are around, like a.
Speaker 1: Jim Tell, when you're like having a conversation, like playing around with somebody and having a conversation with them, and you think, oh, this is go. They like me and this is going really well. And then and then they look at you weirdly and you're like, wait, what does something happen? What I did I say something wrong? Oh my god, Jen, you didn't say or do anything. It's just that they're having that process seeing moment of like this is too fucking surreal for me to handle.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Jen is saying exactly what I feel. So there, there's a moment where you're like crushing this combo, and then all of a sudden there's a look in their eye and you're like, was I talking too much? Did I say the wrong thing? You have a human you're a human first, and you're like, oh, but then you're right, Jen, you have it. But it's hard in the moment to navigate that. It's not till later when you're.
Speaker 3: Like, it's easier if the person said.
Speaker 1: Just admits it.
Speaker 3: It's easier if the person to miss it. So I have an I have lunch meeting. I won't say with who, but two people from a very big shofter that that's on right yeah, I'll tell you, of course, two people that are on a very big show right now. And the server fully glitched right like she fully she glitched hard, and she literally just said I'm so sorry, I'm fully glitching like she was. She was in it like you know, here's your table, blah blah blah, here's so nice, friendly blah blah blah. And then she just really had a full glitch and it was like I get it, we will. That's how I am.
Speaker 2: Probably any human that is on you know, that is what are we uh recognizable? Whatever?
Speaker 3: If you call it out, we can move on normal.
Speaker 2: So call it out, We'll go okay, okay, and then we'll keep going with you.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, the Brady bunch casts. I can't I fully glitch out. Wait, well, who would make you guys glitch.
Speaker 2: Hmm I glitched in front of Channing Tatum ones that's good, not even my jam but no one. If someone had said, hey, by the way, they're gonna be entering your school and he's going to show up in your kindergarten class, I would have been prepped, but like running into him out of context and then trying to have a combo and he's like, Hi, how are you? And I'm like, are you hot?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Backwards? I'm good? Like not, okay, okay, who's yours? Jen?
Speaker 1: I don't really get glitched out. I don't know. I don't like it when like.
Speaker 3: Wait, I don't think the Brady's would glitch you out.
Speaker 6: So I feel like the two of us would somebody with like she does she can handle it, but there's somebody internally that she'd be like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know, Martha Stewart, maybe you're upset with my answer. But she's like me, I'm not upset.
Speaker 2: I've just had the experience.
Speaker 3: For me, it's more like when they're a character and then you know them, like because Martha is Martha, right, so I'm kind of like, oh you're Martha or Martha. I'm down. Like it's when I'm like, are you Peter Brady? Like what you know? Like that's what I'm all.
Speaker 1: You know, I have that Tori has her hand up, Yes, yeah, it's your turn.
Speaker 2: To speak, Ryan Goostling.
Speaker 1: Oh well that's like yeah, that'll probably happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like, Okay, that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Glitching for me is different where you have a moment. For me, glitching is like you have this moment where you're like, am I talking to Tory spelling? Or is that Dawn hair glitch?
Speaker 1: Glitchen a makeup chair for an Eeheart event actually where the night before I had watched The Bachelor whatever end of the finale something and the guy have no idea who it was, chows one of the girl no idea who that was, but I sat I was sitting in the makeup chair and the mirror I could see behind me somebody else getting their makeup done, and it was the girl that got dumped the night before on the Bachelor, and I was so I was like, wait, what is happening?
Speaker 3: It was so good. That's good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good one. Anyway, you want a character, you want a character.
Speaker 3: But for me, it's more like, yeah, it's not like George Clooney or Brad Pitt is like starstruck and that's one thing that's different. Only talking to the person and then you're like, am I talking to Kelly Taylor and you just kind of like have that moment where you're like.
Speaker 2: Your favorite TV show, your favorite kid.
Speaker 3: I got this, I got this alf that's he got the.
Speaker 1: That doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Like I the Brady's. I saw Stephen Colbert fully kind of glitching with the Brady's like once, and you know, Drew Barrymore was glitching a little bit with the cast of Facts of Life a little bit.
Speaker 1: I met Alan Alda once a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Oh wow. I grew up.
Speaker 1: Watching Mash with my sister. Yeah, And so that was for me was because I'm not an Alan Alda fan. I wasn't starstruck by Alan Alda, but I was like, wow, that guy from Mash I'm talking to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, good good ones.
Speaker 1: Anyway, good ones. Back to the show. Okay, so Donna covers for Claire and Claire has a big alley sheety moment with her hair in the background. Exactly.
Speaker 2: No, that's it. You guys, who's after they played Jakes Michael.
Speaker 3: Shoffling obviously Michael Shoffling.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, says that I would fully glitch out, Oh my god, because that's Jake Ryan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: There would be no separating for me from the character. Yeah, I would be like, where's the Porsche and your.
Speaker 2: Matt Boomer in in hotel? In the hotel Matt Bomer hold on, wait for it. I know he's been in a lot of things. In fact, was in a show with Tiffany White Collar. Yeah, I'm referring to American horror story the Hotel one with Lady Gaga. He played Tristan Hoodie, totally different than how he is in real life. He's kind of conservative and that character. Okay, anyway, good one.
Speaker 3: I think we'll move on from this. But I did just have a total memory of a full glitch at the Vicenti Foods in Brentwood. Marsha cross. You know Kimberly from Meloy Up was like at perusing the vegetables and all I could see was the wig ring ripped off, and I was fully like, I got to get out of here.
Speaker 2: Did I love that market? Wait?
Speaker 3: I was like, oh yeah, like I fully couldn't. Did great the two things yea and glitch and walk out great. I just got away from the veggies. I was like, I'll go to the you know, meat section.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 1: So after that, Claire has a nightmare about Jeopardy and then brand and clear that she has her brand and feelings. I don't really see we don't ever really see that flesh out the rest of the episode. So I'm wondering if it's coming in the future. But you're saying now that her and Steve are going to be together.
Speaker 3: So does the Brandon thing just feel a little bit random to anybody? Like?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well she did like him, yeah yeah, and she was a little girl.
Speaker 1: But I liked her dream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was better than the clown.
Speaker 1: This was better than the clown. You're absolutely right, she had a better dream. Did you notice though? Okay, Well, so then then David comes over and he says he's looking for Kelly, but Claire his girlfriend, right.
Speaker 3: They broke up. They broke away, they broke up in them.
Speaker 1: And says, uh, you're not really here to see Kelly, You're here to see Donna. And it's okay, wow, very nice of her. But then Ray calls right then and David the phone. I got nervous and Donna is but then Donna, I was so happy to hear from him.
Speaker 3: I know, he looks cute too. Ray prou It with the shades and like kind of outside of a phone booth.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 1: I thought he was going to get mad that David answered the phone, or I thought something bad was going to happen. But it was cool. It was cool, Yeah, it was cool. He was chill.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 1: And then David realizes there that Donna really loves Ray, so he that moment when he was like, do you want to go to maybe we can come to I can go to Portland with you guys, Like I don't know. He just acted like such a little baby, and my heart felt so bad for him, like a puppy God, like a puppy, like a boy, because.
Speaker 2: What he's done to me. But he saved your life, he did.
Speaker 3: Oh, David and you too, do go to Oregon? Oregon is happening?
Speaker 2: Not really though that would you know what? I never got to go anywhere.
Speaker 3: It was right right, right right.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear a word from you.
Speaker 2: Fine, fine, Uh it was your choice.
Speaker 1: Did you guys notice that there was so much nineties makeup in this episode? Like I did you look at the makeup at all? Like the scene the scene when Brandon goes over to Andrea's house to visit her, and she's like in a cash look with her hair kind of like in a low ponytail, and they have a really great talk. But she had so much makeup on that it was distracting from me. And then I kind of realized that everybody on the show has so much because that's what it was in the nies.
Speaker 3: Do you make your DVD player work on your big screen? Because I literally was watching it on a screen this big. I can't see the I could barely see anything big.
Speaker 1: That's a big literally watching it again, eyebrows.
Speaker 2: So someone else did her makeup?
Speaker 1: Is that what's happening? She looks very different.
Speaker 3: I've said this.
Speaker 2: I think I said a couple episodes ago about double ups. Are we we're really not here. No, no, what are?
Speaker 1: You can answer that question for you.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you were. I'm surebody were.
Speaker 1: Anybody? When did double Ups start?
Speaker 2: Alexi? Did two one oh? Season five episode twenty Alexa? Wait, I love she answer me? Alexa? Did nine O two one oh in season five? Do multiple episodes?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, she's talking about try again.
Speaker 2: She's she's talking about a different nine on two O and riling me up. The original, the only one that should have.
Speaker 3: The real one. I think it's real. Yeah, you have to call it Beverly Hills nine Alexa.
Speaker 2: Beverly Hills nine two one out in season five?
Speaker 1: Were the shooting double Did we shoot double ups?
Speaker 3: We're not gonna know this, she's how would she possibly know? By the way, every one, my god.
Speaker 2: She's like we she just put it together that I'm Donna Martin. She's glitching.
Speaker 3: By the way, everyone's a words are answering now because they're all hearing you.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm just impressed that you have Alexa setup in your house. Was really actually impressed by this and that you don't know how to use it.
Speaker 2: Somebody gave it to me and set it up.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's I've become so reliant on a word, Like I'm literally like, what time is it? What's the weather? What's this? Like? I asked to have her.
Speaker 2: Put a shopping list. You can, like, Alexa, next time I go to the market, here's what I need.
Speaker 1: Do you know about you can say Maddie when you go shopping? Does Alexa tell you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Only if you go true Amazon Fresh it connects.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But also, if you think you're gonna forget something, you just say a word, write a sticky note, and then like on the screen, I have the video on and it I'll have like a yellow sticky note with what I need to remember.
Speaker 2: Oh, we tell me later. How I do that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think you literally say a word, you know the name, create a sticky note.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about the scene in Andrea's house please? With brandness. It's a really sweet sweet I agree, really, and he brings her over little things and she unpacks them and then they sit down and talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just wanted him to have sex so she could knocked up with the second baby. And this one's actually brandons the way it should have been.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Yeah, that interesting, But did you like did you notice the Brandon's a pinky up drinker.
Speaker 3: Oh I wish I would have noticed that, because I.
Speaker 1: Was holding his tea like this, of course. And then Clan, I think he realized and he was like, binky down, binky down, that's not cool. But then do we like that she sat in his lap? I'm sure we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: We like that she sat in his lap to hug him.
Speaker 3: At that end, I wasn't mad about any of that, and I wasn't mad about most of this episode.
Speaker 2: I wanted to go further.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go back to Dylan's house. Jesse comes over and he tells Dylan that Andrea has hired a lawyer and he's really freaking out, and Dylan tells Jesse to just stop thinking like a lawyer and fix his marriage. Yeah again for stage advice. He's like the wise old owl.
Speaker 5: He's like, there were you know, whips and chains and handcuffs, like remember when he's like, because Jesse's really like pushing him, being like what did you see have?
Speaker 2: And he's like, dude, it wasn't pretty, he said, or is that what he said? Right?
Speaker 3: It was? And it's like he didn't see anything. He saw her in the parking lot, you.
Speaker 2: Can't see anything.
Speaker 3: Jesse was spiraling because he thinks she's still having the affair with Peter correct and it's like even though she says she wasn't, he that's why he's just totally like losing his mind.
Speaker 1: I agree, that makes sense. I would spiral too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it was so too close for comfort, like they befriended that guy. It was rough, like I get it, I get it. It was all wrapped up in a real pink bow. Though, like suddenly they're fine. So when when Jesse visits Dylan at his house, does Val come over or is Val there? I remember seeing her work shows up with the baby, and that's because she wants to like make out with Dylan with the baby, and then Jesse's like, what's my baby doing here?
Speaker 1: That was the first time I looked at Val and Dylan and thought they actually do look cute together. Because you're always hot for Val and Dylan. I never really got it. I saw it. So I was proud of myself because I let down my guard long enough to like, really, you know, objectively, look at something. I'm proud of you because I thought I think I should unpack that a little because I don't like any girl with Dylan from from the point after when Kelly was I don't like seeing him with any girl when he even when he gets married, hey to do the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Hey wait, there was foreshadowing here. There was a marriage line that Dylan says about not working out, not going there. It was foreshadowing because he's going to get married and loses it. Oh my god, some Alexa. What mine did Dylan say in regards to marriage? And then season five, episode twenty five, Double Jeopardy.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about the end of this episode?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Oh, how we don't know what happens? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well this is true because we go back to the Jeopardy tipping and Andrea remembers watching the show with her grandma as a little girl.
Speaker 3: That was cute.
Speaker 1: And Jesse shows up and wants to work it out and they kiss and it's so great.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, we go to the peach bit the entire one.
Speaker 3: Remember one month Wait?
Speaker 1: I love it when there's like a one month later, don't you You're like what that's a lot of times.
Speaker 3: I actually was like, oh cool, okay.
Speaker 1: And also, Hannah looks very different that's not the same child. Why is it always a different babe? Why couldn't they get babies that look even remotely alike. So anyway, the entire group is there and they're watching the episode of Jeopardy where it turns out that Andrea won the spot on the show show. We hear Alex Trebek ask a question and then the camera zooms in on Andrea and she's smiling, but we don't ever know.
Speaker 3: I know, lot.
Speaker 5: Twist hate that what the heck?
Speaker 3: If she got.
Speaker 1: The answer right, of course, she got the answer right, right, of course.
Speaker 2: But if she got the answer right, the answer not the answer in real life, right, did.
Speaker 1: She then would have gotten a lot of money, right, well thousand?
Speaker 3: I think she had forty eight hundred dollars or something. Okay, okay, okay, Can I give a little trivia about the baby Hannah please. So this actress, Hayley Hirsch was baby Hannah and she went on to like do a lot of things like she was on Er. She played like Anthony Edward's daughter on Er.
Speaker 1: That is crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like she went on to like do a lot of acting.
Speaker 1: Good for her little baby, which baby find her.
Speaker 2: But she's still we should find her.
Speaker 3: I want to do many things.
Speaker 2: Om jeers. When you listen to this, please in the comment section because Amy will read it and tell us. Can you let us know what the seven snow White and the seven whips chains and line was and we let us know if you picked it up. There's some marriage line Dylan references and it's foreshadowing marriage doesn't slips away, doesn't work out something with Tony later, not on purpose, but it happened. Can you let us know if you heard that?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 2: And that's it you guys.
Speaker 3: So what do you guys give it?
Speaker 2: Hmmm, that's a tough one. If I didn't know Christine wrote it, it'd be a different score.
Speaker 3: Fair That gives it a little bonus for me?
Speaker 1: Me too, Yeah, yeah, me too. Takes it right on up there to like an eight.
Speaker 2: Look what I have up that?
Speaker 3: I was an eight point seven?
Speaker 1: Of course two were all right, Yeah, she's overachiever.
Speaker 3: I was like the more than we ever for right, And that's it.
Speaker 1: So next week's episode, Ladies and Gents is drum roll please, because I don't know it. Song for my mother, A song for my mother.
Speaker 3: We're going to Oregon.
Speaker 1: Oh, David, that's nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm excited, yeah, to not really go, but nice.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it looks like you went to Oregon great, just like Instagram. Looks like you have a great life, but you never left your house.
Speaker 3: All curated edited.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, have a great week.
Speaker 2: We love you, Ey