Speaker 1: I thought I'm gonna die here, And the thought I couldn't get out of my head was I'm going to die here. I'll never get to see Avatar too.
Speaker 2: You are a strange person, you know.
Speaker 1: Wow, I just couldn't get that out of my head.
Speaker 3: Now, really, really, really hello, and welcome to really know really with Jason, Alexander and Peter Tilden, who want you to know that there is no danger in subscribing to our show. But today's episode is about the incredible rise in extreme travel, or as it's often called, danger tourism, diving down to crushing depths to view the Titanic, sight seeing in a hostile dictatorships, shopping sprees, and active war zones. People are actually going to these treacherous places for vacation. Really, no, really, People like mild mannered super traveler Mike Reese, the Emmy Award winning writer producer of The Simpsons who, compelled by his wife, has visited one hundred and thirty six countries, including Iran, Syria, and North Korea. And considering that Jason and Peter think that single ply toilet paper in the bathroom is extreme tourism, this should be interesting.
Speaker 4: Here's Jason and Peter.
Speaker 5: Well, Peter this episode, this episode, we're living on the edge.
Speaker 2: We're out there. We're hanging it out there, baby, hanging it out there.
Speaker 6: I can't I don't understand. I know what the genetics are here, what the personality type, I don't.
Speaker 5: Understand it all. So let's tell everybody what we're talking about. So there is a phenomena that we've come across. Some people call it adventure tourism. I think that's under selling and it's really extreme tourism. And this is things like you know, going on the Titan Submerciful, or you go to the most dangerous places in the world.
Speaker 2: They have to try the story right exactly. I'll just give you a stupid example.
Speaker 5: There was a guy, Miles Rutledge from Britain, right, and he decided the holiday in Afghanistan. As the country fell to the Taliban. He was of course subducted. He was later freed.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: He became a YouTube sensation since then. He uh he went back to Afghanistan where he was taking prisoner by the Taliban.
Speaker 2: The second top. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: So people are just they're they're going to the craziest places and we wanted to talk more about this, so we I gotta tell you we got the face, the face of extreme tourism.
Speaker 2: This is the guy you.
Speaker 5: Go to the source you get, you get, you get the well spring. If you know the name Mike Raeese as well as I do, you probably know him as the four time Emmy award winning and screw him and Pea by the award winning a head writer for The Simpsons, but he's done many other things. He's a contributing writer to two dozen animated films, including favors like all four of the Ice Ages, the Two Despicable Mes, The Lorex, Kung Fu Panda, the Simpsons movie of course.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: He's a former president of the Harvard Lampoon. My son went to Yale, so I don't I'm Harvard.
Speaker 2: I'm in Harvard. They on my own campus.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I understand nineteen children's books, including the best selling How Murray Saved Christmas, which became an award winning animated film starring starring someone you know who. There you go, and he's got a fantastic podcast.
Speaker 2: What am I doing here? Have you heard the podcast? And I I've heard I got doing it? Ladies and gentlemen, Mike Rays, how are you, sir?
Speaker 1: What a pleasure, what a plug? That's so beautiful. You saved me the trouble of shaming myself.
Speaker 2: Right, you don't have to shamelessly promote anymore.
Speaker 6: And the first thing, and we'll start back in your childhood, because it didn't look like you were going to be an adventure or extreme tourist, because I think I read that you said it was something big travel and leaving the house with something to be dreaded in your family.
Speaker 1: That's it. Yeah, I come from a big family. There are five kids, and uh we'd all pile in the car and my dad would drive us the Civil War site.
Speaker 2: With the actors. Did they have the re enactors?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, oh, just a field.
Speaker 1: We drive to Pennful, Vania. Here's a field and you know, and he wouldn't even tell us what happened, which is there? Why are we in the field here? And uh in Virginia, here's another field And I just hated it. And uh so that was a vacation with something I really hated. And it was it was an hour kick with all these kids in the car, the dad who was always mad.
Speaker 2: So so let's take a leap.
Speaker 6: You meet this woman, you fall in love, and did you have any sense that this was somebody who for the next thirty plus years is going to drag you to hell holes all over the world where you risk your life and you would glad well, not gladly, but you would go and say yes.
Speaker 1: The answer is no, I have no idea. If we dated for two years and never left her apartment, we just go to her apartment and watch TV all weekend. Oh my gosh, and I thought I have found my dream girl. And it was it was just such a classic day and switch. And then we're getting married and we're trying to figure out where to take a honeymoon and I suggest that Disneyland or Disney World, and she said I was thinking of Yemen or Siberia, and I said those are places people want to get out of, right right, And that that was it she did. She waited right to the honeymoon to lower the boom on me that we weren't going to be sitting around the house anymore.
Speaker 2: At that point, you've been to how many countries.
Speaker 1: Now, one hundred and thirty six.
Speaker 2: How many of them are They do not go to lists currently.
Speaker 1: Uh gee, I don't know. It changes a lot day to day, A lot of them. I mean I've been I've been to every Muslim country, so I know a lot of those are.
Speaker 2: And it says are are e. I s s an your passport it's sure, you know you.
Speaker 1: Don't even need them the name yet my passport photo looks like uh, looks like anti Semitic propaganda. I look like the face on hate that.
Speaker 5: So before we get into every place that she's dragged you, what does she have on you?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 5: I know it's it's it's the source of slightly rewarding sex.
Speaker 2: But other than that, what does she have on you that you why.
Speaker 5: When she proposes going to a place that you know is going to be difficult?
Speaker 2: Why do you say yes? Is it just love?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 1: Well, yes, it is love and just sort of general married to civity. I think you know, I made a list once of everything that husbands do for their wives, and I don't think the wives understand that at all. They think the husbands are going men would never buy a house starting with that, no house would ever be sold. If a wife didn't make a husband would wear pants, they'd never go I know it's your special love, Jason. But no man would ever go to a Broadway musical. You walk, you walk into a Broadway theater. There's four hundred men there who don't want to be there, and they're want to just think I wasn't that nice?
Speaker 2: Oh my go. So your wife not only possesses the danger Jeen, she possesses the persuasion gene because she's gotta because she's gotten you to go to Let's let's just give us hot panduras. You were duck.
Speaker 1: We got kidnapped in it's it's one hundred and thirty six countries and the big ones are you know, I ran and Iraq and Liby. But it's all worked out a story. I hope I get to tell us about going to North Korea. We went to North Korea, Dalla. It was one morning. I woke up and there was an email from Harvard Travel saying do you want to go to North Korea? And I said, no, I do not, And I deleted the email and then went through the trash and delee did it again before my wife woke up. But of course she went to Harvard too, and they sent her the same email and she, of course we want to go to We want to go to North Korea. And the big scar on top of what scares everyone about North Korea is the idea that they kidnapped visiting filmmakers. Kim Jong Ill, when he was in charge back then, was an expert on film. He had a collection of forty thousand DVDs, and so he would throw these film festivals in North Korea and if an actor, if a director, if a writer showed up that he liked, he would kidnap him and force him to make movies for the regime for twenty years. So this was real danger for me to go to North Korea. And I got advice on what to put on the application. I was supposed to say I was a publicist, not a rite. And we get to North Korea and they greet me and they say, mister Reese, we know who you are, and you have nothing to worry about. I realized, we've read we don't need this guy.
Speaker 6: By the way, just in case, did you think if I get abducted, there are two things I would love to get made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know there's a guy. There's a guy who was kidnapped by the regime. He was a Japanese filmmaker, and first they put him in a concentration camp for five years, and then they let him out and let him make whatever he wanted. And if you're a fan of these things, there's a movie called Plasari, which you can see in its entirety on YouTube, and it's North Korea's Godzilla movie and it's free. He got to make this terrific Godzilla movie. And then he finally escaped North Korea and he went to Hollywood, and you know, suddenly he's in Hollywood as a sixty year old director, and I'm sure it's going, Gee, we're a little better and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm guessing he never got notes. He didn't get profit profit participation either, so that that already would put me off. But let's talk about the submersible, because I think I reached out to you when that happened, as did almost every news organization in America, because they found out you were kind of a notable guy having gone in the submersible, not once, not twice, but how many times, Mike, having gone in the submersible, not once, not twice, but how many times.
Speaker 5: Mike, Well, I have four times, and just just a classic this is the exact same company where the disaster happened, right where it imploded.
Speaker 1: This is the now I'll clarify it. Everyone gets it wrong. I took three dives with this company, with the famous Stockton Rush who built the sub and then died in the sub. I took three dives off of Satn Island with it. So that's three in the four. That's how we got involved with him and kind of caught his dream. But it was just, you know, we liked it. It was local. And we took this dive down to what's called Hudson Canyon. There's the canyon under the Hudson River that is bigger than the Grand Canyon.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And we went down. It was beautiful experience. And then we came up and it was only when we're getting out he goes, you know, you're the first people ever to do that, and was like, what, you know, I wish I don't want to be the first. I don't want to be Neil Armstrong. I want to be Harrison Schmidt. I want to be the asked man on the moon right after they got all the blugs out. And so we took those three dives with him, and then two years later he said, well, I built a new sub to go to the Titanic, and that's the titan and we we rode that with him, and again I didn't want to go. I didn't, and this is crazy, this is is I didn't. A friend of us are called this up. Hey, here's they're taking these dives now to the Titanic. And my first words were, well, that sounds like a fun way to die. So and so I had no illusions going into this. But I would never have done it in a million years except it fell on my wife's birthday.
Speaker 2: And that was it.
Speaker 1: That's my motivation comes out. I don't want to go.
Speaker 6: To ask you question here because you're a really smart guy.
Speaker 2: You're a brilliant writer. You're obviously well traveled.
Speaker 6: I saw pictures of what that saying looked like inside on a good day. It's like somebody saying.
Speaker 2: A good day is when it doesn't fold in on.
Speaker 4: You go.
Speaker 6: You're basically sitting in water in a like a metal barrel with a couple other people, with your legs folded, and the guy's using a game controller that looks like he staw from his son's PlayStation.
Speaker 1: It is definitely literally an Xbox game controller.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: So if I looked into that, if I got to the point where I put the money down and then saw inside that for the first time, weren't you deterred by what it looked like? You're going to be sitting in to go to the Titanic?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, you know what can I say? I have no children, I'm an aging Hollywood rider, I have nothing to live for. I had nothing to fear about it. There was every I knew completely that I could die in that.
Speaker 2: Wow, but there's so many ways you could die in it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't want to I don't want to speak lightly about a tragedy. But but at least with what happened on the titan in this case, was you know, an implosion that happened so fast that you have to assume hopefully they had no idea that it was just no instant death.
Speaker 2: But what about a leak and the leak is faster than we can go up?
Speaker 5: You know, there there's all kinds of things that can happen, especially if you're talking about fairly untested technology.
Speaker 2: Here, I just.
Speaker 1: True and in fact, having taken the other dives with the guy when we first heard the titan was missing. I thought, oh, they're trapped at the bottom of the ocean. My wife immediately thought it had imploded as soon as we heard the news, and they spent you know, four days looking for it. She goes, it imploded, and I thought, no, it's solow tech. How you that whole sub works. I'll tell make it through it real quick because you climb in there. Something else I didn't know was they bolt you in from the outside. Yeah. I thought there was a way out. Wow. Yeah, But they bolt you in and they push it in the water and then it just drops like a stone. It just drops for two and a half hours, two and a half It goes two and a half miles down. But that's all there is to it. It just drops like a stone. And I fell asleep. That's how unscared I was. I fell asleep on the way down. It was boring, and I woke up when we hit bottom, and it's it's I wish this on nobody. The thought that you're sleeping and you think you're home in bed, and you wake up and go, oh, no, I'm two and a half miles under the water. And so we hit bottom, and you know, they pull out the Xbox game controller that steers the ship, and we knew for some reason, we knew we were five hundred yards from the Titanic, but we couldn't see it. Here it is the biggest thing man had ever built, and we were right by it and couldn't find the thing. And we look at the compass and the compass is just spinning in circles. That was no help. So we were just sort of bumming around the bottom of the ocean looking for the Titanic, and everybody's springing into action, you know, both the crew and the paying customers, and I'm not doing anything. I'm just ballast. I you know, I don't even drive. What do you think I can help you on this? So I'm just sitting there. And so with twenty minutes to go, we found the Titanic, and we just had enough time to get all the glory shots. Wet I got photos of the anchor and the bow of the ship and the side where it says Titanic, and then we had to go.
Speaker 6: Back up a release that had death in there quite a few times, right that said you could die quite a few times, I mean right or from.
Speaker 1: You sign a waiver that mentions death three times on page one and you just page through it. And they thought of every way you can die on this thing. So anybody, you know, again, this is the news developed the narrative, which was totally unfair, and you know, like people had done what they were getting into. They everyone knew exactly what they were getting into.
Speaker 5: M Let me go into some of your other troubles just to ask this question. Has there ever been a situation in a series where where you go, oh, we're we're really in trouble. Then we have a big problem.
Speaker 2: What would that? What was that?
Speaker 1: It was just about a year ago. It was New Year's Eve in Namidia, and this is something we didn't even think would be dangerous. But my wife said, oh, let's hire a car and a driver and watch the last sunset of the year from the Namibian desert on top of the sand dune. So we go, all right, and of course I say yes because that's the only word I know. And so we booked this and it's very romantic and we're watching the sunset and then my wife looks over at the car and she goes, why are the lights on? And I said, honey, the man knows what he's doing, which, of course you're always famous last word. So the sun goes down, we pile back in the car. The guy tries to start the car and it's dead.
Speaker 2: It's dead.
Speaker 1: He ran the battery down, and we get on our cell phones and there's no phone reception from the Namibian desert, so we're stuck there, right and the desert when the sun goes down, goes from eighty degrees to forty degrees, so it's really cold. My wife is in a bathing suit. We are not prepared for this. And then this is where the car driver did something that wouldn't even go in a Wily Wily coyote cartoon. He had such a stupid plant where we get out of the car and he starts pushing it to the edge of the sand dune. And his idea is it'll roll down the sand dune and start up, and it's like, yeah, but we're not in the car. It's just gonna take off the sand, the car will be saved and we're going to freeze it out in the desert. But instead, instead he pushed it half off the sand dune, so it's teetering over the precipice, like if you remember the original Italian.
Speaker 2: Jont just like that.
Speaker 1: That classic ending was now my life where it's teetering there. So now we can't even get in the car for warm it's too dangerous. So we're just gonna have to sit there and freeze the death in the desert. And that that's the close point. I thought, I'm going to die here. And the thought I couldn't get out of my head was I'm going to die here. I'll never I'll never get to see Avatar too.
Speaker 2: You're a strange person, you know that?
Speaker 1: And wow that I just couldn't get that out of my head. And then like a miracle, the driver's phone rang, like we couldn't make calls out, the calls could still come in, and it was his boss going where the hell is the car? And he told him and he rescued us, and we got home right around midnight for New Year's Eve, and I went home and saw Avatar too, where I go What the what was that? That was terrible?
Speaker 6: Which I died in the desert. So moving moving on to a couple of other observations you made. You said that the Cuban flag I should have a broken toilet on it because there's not one workable toilet in all of Tuba.
Speaker 1: There is not one everywhere. When there's no working toilet, they're all broken. And one day we were outside of a restaurant and we see just sitting in front where the customers coming, the brokennest toilet in the world. It's just in shards and pieces and scattered all over. And she said, maybe they're bringing it in.
Speaker 2: That's the restaurant.
Speaker 6: Do you bring anything to a ensure your health, be to nail yourself in, Like, where's papa to the.
Speaker 2: Room so you can get in? You bring nails and wood?
Speaker 6: What precautionary stuff do you take that could be tips to our audience?
Speaker 1: You know what, I just have a lot of your basic medicines. I don't bring anything special, I gotta say. And sometimes I get sick. Maybe once a year I get sick. We were in Syria, okay, this I take my vacations in Syria and I loved it. I mean, this is the thing. This is right before her trouble broke out, and this is the story. Who wants to go to Syria? It's it was the loveliest place on earth with the finest people on Earth. I feel very bad that, you know what they've been going through. But I go into a restaurant. I just sit down with a bunch of mary Syrians and I reached the poor picture of water and they're all going, no, no, no, don't do it. And I drank a whole picture of water on the mistaken notion that these people are so friendly, how bad could their microbes be? And the answer is just terrible. And the next day I was in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, some world class ruin, and I had to behind a column. Behind some column had been there for four thousand years.
Speaker 2: And I don't.
Speaker 6: Ever been a place where you Has there ever been a place Mike where you you said, I got to I can't, we can't take the whole seven days and we got to get out of here.
Speaker 1: You know, it just happened, and not you know, not a scary, undeveloped place. We were in Taiwan, not too long. And again it's my wife's idea, which is pretty savvy, because anywhere we go falls apart the next year, and including Syria. So we were passing, we were in the area of Taiwan. She said, let's go to Taiwan because who knows when we'll get the chance again. And I just hated it there. I just you know, and mostly it's an island. There's not a ton of things to do there, and it's super hot or it's raining all the time. So that was one. I'm just begging my wife take me home. I want to go home.
Speaker 6: But but you've been to worst places where you've had to I mean, where stuff is broken down and you've in mud, you're hunkered down.
Speaker 2: That doesn't bother have.
Speaker 1: You really does?
Speaker 2: Wow? So you are different. It's do you also do like?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I know you go to dangerous places and I know you've you've climbed, you know, some some heights and you've done the summary. But do you regularly do dangerous things? Do you zipline? Do you hang glide? Do you do all that stuff?
Speaker 1: No? No, I mean that's a weird thing. Is I will go to these places again. I'm just baggage for my wife. I'm just I'm just I'm luggage that pays for the trip.
Speaker 5: Wait before you go out, Why do these places call to her?
Speaker 2: What is it about them that makes her so excited?
Speaker 1: She just all when she was a kid, and she didn't grow up wealthy at all. But those were the days of Europe on five dollars a day, and I think and her mom, who just had a very adventurous spirit, took her around the world twice. And I mean she had been to Iran and Afghanistan and all these places. And we got married and I hadn't been anywhere. I hadn't been to Europe. And so I keep thinking, you know, we're getting old. I keep thinking it's going to slow down, and doesn't she doesn't slow down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, is it also space?
Speaker 6: I mean, are you ready to do the Jeff Bezos thing with her and go up into space?
Speaker 1: Here's here's here's the truth of that, which is, in twenty eighteen, Mars was closer to the Earth than it will ever be again. And my wife volunteered us. She volunteered. And they want a child in this middle aged couple because if they die, who cares? That's really the thing. And we volunteered, and I know, we made it past the first mountain. When you done, got Neil deGrasse Tyson to recommend us, and we made it past the first cut, and then the whole thing just fell apart.
Speaker 4: Would you have done it?
Speaker 1: I would have done it. You know, I've lived in the New York apartments space.
Speaker 5: What would you say no to? If you're willing to go to Mars? What has anything been put on the table? You go, Okay, seriously, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: It was during the really the height of the Afghanistan lore. My wife gets another brochure come to Afghanistan and I said no, and she looked baffled. She literally had never heard that word from me in thirty five years of average. I said no, and she speaks five languages and still didn't recognize the word. So I said no, anywhere but Afghanistan, and she goes, okay, Pakistan. So we went to.
Speaker 6: So just trading a different stand Wow, good lord, right, he's either so terrified of her or so in love or so delusional.
Speaker 2: Listen, we we. If you want to hear more of these.
Speaker 5: Stories, please go check out Mike's podcast What Am I Doing here? And also he's got that fat was Buck that has a very similar.
Speaker 2: Title, which is very fun laugh out loud funny.
Speaker 5: I was sitting and reading and laughing out Mike, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Make you You guys are an absolute Joe, this is too much.
Speaker 2: So the man is insane. That's that's it's not even insane. I don't know he is insane. He's insane. I'll tell you why he is insane.
Speaker 5: The minute she said, hey, I know where we should honeymoon, I would have been how much isn't?
Speaker 2: Then I would go?
Speaker 6: But but one thing, they've been together a long time. What is that called when you're abductor you get sympathy with your abductors.
Speaker 2: There's a little bit that's right.
Speaker 1: But she doesn't want to go to Stockholm.
Speaker 2: And this is what this is like.
Speaker 6: Is when you're in the middle of a bad haircut. You never stopped the guy. You're watching the guy continue to cut your hair, and you never go stop stop.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 6: Why do you think more and more people are doing this extreme stuff?
Speaker 2: I got a theory.
Speaker 5: No, we'll give yours first, because I want to hear it's dumber. Then why do I think people are doing something extreme? I'll give you one theory. And this is really off the top of my head. If somebody said, hey, do you want to see the Titanic, I'll take you down in a submarine. It's it's dangerous, but people have done it. I think the average person doesn't believe it won't I'm not going to be the one that goes wrong. People have done it. It's it plainly can be done, and wouldn't that be exciting? How many people have seen the type time and I just think the emotionality, the charge of it makes people.
Speaker 2: Go, I want to I want to do that. So that's partial of partially my thing. Pa. Social media, Instagram and the postable stuff.
Speaker 6: People are doing it, and you're getting Instagram hits and you're you're seeing that happen, so you're saying, I can do I bet I can do that.
Speaker 2: It can't be that dangerous, and it just keeps.
Speaker 6: Upping upping the thing and more and more people want that experience because they want to be in Instagram famous, and social media drives it in a big way. Michael, thank you. We now bring in David Googleheim. Hey, hey, oh well, I'm doing very well.
Speaker 7: How are you guys doing today.
Speaker 5: I want to hear what you have to say, and then I have a little quiz for everybody to play a lot ahead.
Speaker 7: Oh oh excellent. Well Jason, one quick correction.
Speaker 8: When we're talking about the Titan, you were talking about, well, what if there's a leak in the titan. It's the same thing, elak any little hole, see you later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, yeah. So what if it's a leak and only twenty feet down?
Speaker 8: I mean you well yeah, well yeah, well there you go.
Speaker 1: Bring it up.
Speaker 8: Because we were talking about course dangerous places to visit.
Speaker 7: I wanted to look.
Speaker 8: At something a little bit closer to home that might be a little bit more dangerous than you think.
Speaker 7: And that place is actually your home.
Speaker 8: According to the National Safety Council, each year, over.
Speaker 7: One hundred and twenty thousand deaths.
Speaker 8: Occur in her home from preventable accidents. And to put that in a little bit of perspective, that dwarfs the forty thousand people who die in car accidents each year. So where do you need to be a watch out when you're in your home? Of course, I think a lot of people would say the kitchen would be the most dangerous place, but that is not correct it.
Speaker 2: I would imagine it's the bathroom.
Speaker 7: It is the bathroom. It is the bathroom, the getting in and out of the tub, in the shower with the water.
Speaker 8: But another thing, and a lot of people don't even think about this, the low toilets, getting off the toilet. If you become a senior citizen, you might want to consider getting the higher toilet. Also, of course, kitchens, the dull knives are more dangerous than the shark because that's gas stoves, stoves, sponges, sponges with the bacterian whatnot gets in there.
Speaker 7: You got the burns, you got the cleaning products. Also the stairs. The stairs. Over a million.
Speaker 8: People, mostly children and elderly, visit emergency rooms each year because of the stairs.
Speaker 2: You also have, Well, can't you just avoid them? Can't we buy a split level or no? Stevin King's the stairs.
Speaker 7: And then the one last one that you cannot get rid of is the floor.
Speaker 8: It's estimated that direct medical costs for falls in people's homes is more than thirty billion annually.
Speaker 2: So so avoid the floor. Very good advice. We'll just keep them the popular. All right, here's my quiz. You ready?
Speaker 5: Now you know me a long time, so Peter has an edge. But here's my quiz. I'm gonna name dangerous things that people do, and the question is have I done it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Ready, here we go, Have I ever skydive?
Speaker 6: I know you did a show with skydiving on it, but you didn't do it anybody else?
Speaker 2: No, I have never skydived. God help there, I would never do it. Have I ever scuba dive? Yes, yes, that you've tried. And am I scuba dot? No?
Speaker 8: No, because of the air compressed No, no.
Speaker 2: That is correct.
Speaker 5: I have snooba, which is the tanks floats on the surface and you have a hose to.
Speaker 2: Go about twenty feet. I am not allowed to scuba diet because I have mild.
Speaker 6: Here you go and the compression exactly snooba says, we're medial scuba dot on the.
Speaker 2: Sign in a scuba for dummies. Have I have I ever hang glided?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: Oh no, oh no, yes, yes, hang glide with a hang glider where you go off with the guy and you absolutely did.
Speaker 2: No, Yes, I had. You're an idiot.
Speaker 5: Yes, I did sandom hang glide and I and I started taking hand gliding lessons and it was the hang gliding tandem.
Speaker 2: That made me go, this is cool. But I would never do this myself. How and for how long did you vet the guy you were strapped to? Don't slum me? Do you have a bungee jumping? Have I ever bungee jump. No, oh yeah, yeah, probably the kids strike convention.
Speaker 4: Dinner too high, too high.
Speaker 2: My two sons have done it, good ziplining. Have I done?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you did.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course I did.
Speaker 6: Of course.
Speaker 2: Have I ever flown with the Blue Angels? That's the elite. I know who they are, Team of Blue Angels. No, yes, no, I've been invited, but I did not go.
Speaker 4: That was one that was a tricky Well, my.
Speaker 2: Friends, Peter, what do you want to wrap up with? What do you want to say? What's your next trick?
Speaker 4: Where do you want to go?
Speaker 2: I suggested the Madonna in and you laughing. I just want to.
Speaker 6: Say, it's it's fascinating that there are people like Mike to do that, and not Mike so much as his wife. That that he does that, he's gained for that. I'm sure I missed out on a lot. I mean, the travels I did were fine, but I like a mini bar and a hair dryer. So call me, call me crazy. So and you same thing.
Speaker 5: I'm probably somewhere between you and and Mike. I've gone to some places that were a little dicey.
Speaker 2: I've done some things that were a little questionable.
Speaker 5: They've all turned out just fine, and I did meet fascinating people the way. Thank you, good fortune, and goodbye announce So know what take us away.
Speaker 1: Really now, really.
Speaker 9: Really really, As another episode of really No Really comes to a close, I know you're wondering what are the ten most dangerous things that average people do on vacation?
Speaker 3: That answer in a moment, and I promise you've absolutely done at least one of them.
Speaker 4: But first let's thank our guest, Mike Grease.
Speaker 3: Follow Mike on x slash Twitter at Mike Grease Writer, and check out his wonderful podcast What Am I Doing here with Mike Grease.
Speaker 4: Find all pertinent links in our show.
Speaker 3: Notes, our little show hangs out on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and threads at Really No Really Podcast, And of course, you can share your thoughts and feedback with us online at reallynoreally dot com. If you have a really some amazing factor story that boggles your mind, share it with us, and if we use it, we will send you a little gift. Nothing life changing, obviously, but it's the thought that counts. Check out our full episodes on YouTube, hit that subscribe button and take that bell so you're updated when we release new videos and episodes, which we do each Tuesday.
Speaker 4: So listen and follow us on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: App, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Okay, what are the ten most dangerous activities average people do while on vacation. Well, according to the travel website Nomadic Yak, the top ten from bottom to top are running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain, skydiving, yes, even tandem motorcycle racing, hiking as most people hike unprepared and unresearched mountain biking. Just watch the fail videos folks, hair gliding, horseback riding, driving because you don't know where you're going and you're probably on the wrong side of the road.
Speaker 4: Cave diving remember those tai kids.
Speaker 3: And the number one most dangerous vacation activity is mountain and rock climbing, which results in one depth for every three to twenty five climbers. Really it really is a production of iHeartRadio and Blaise Entertainment.