Speaker 1: Welcome in What's Dry with Nick Grid? Episode three sixty nine. This episode of What Dry with Nick Grid has presented to you, as always by boost Mobile. Demon's a great to see you. We're gonna get right too, Straight to voicemail because we have so much to get to today. Straight to voicemail. Brought to you, of course by our great friends at boost Mobile. This is dope. Shout out Harry Styles. He ran a marathon, did it in under three hours, did it under a fake name, and in you know I costumes the wrong word but you know, incognito. I think that's super sick. Speaking of marathons, I turned forty one in ten days, instaid I was gonna do a triathlon before I turned forty one. I think I'm gonna fail on that little self improvement commitment. Fell a little shy of the swimming and running training. The biking portion I'm good for. But uh but I maybe before I'm forty two. So that was something I really I was gonna do and then I didn't do. Syracuse fined for faking injuries and a win versus Clemson doesn't matter. We beat Clemson, Syracuse can pay for it. And in you know news that sucks, and you just feel like this team is snake bitten. Nicky Bosa tears his ACL and the nine the Niners seem demands ay to either be the healthiest, deepest team in the league going into a deep playoff run, or just ravaged by injury before we even get toked Ober with no in between. Just every year it feels like that. I and so that's a tough one for Nick Bosa. I don't know if any team could feel worse about a three and oh start than these Niners given all those injuries. Also, before we get to the news of last night, which was the Baltimore Raven losing to the Detroit Lions in what I consider a little demoralizing fashion. Before we get to that, a reminder for everyone like rate subscribe review Now, I'm not I'm not calling anyone out here. I want to make this very clear. However, my little competitive nature, my back has gotten up a bit because I've noticed popping up along the landscape new shows or shows similar to this podcast, YouTube whatever, that are out of nowhere, and before they even start, they've got hundreds of thousands, and in some cases millions of subscribers. And I'm like, how hell's that happen? And then I realized, like, oh, these folks are like transferring or buying or starting you know what I mean. It's the podcast version of being born on third base and the world thinks you had a triple We demanse we grew this from the dirt, from the from zero subscribers, and I don't know where we're and I was very very happy with our like I don't know whatever we have, whatever, our numbers are a few hundred thousand, But then I see folks starting out of nowhere with millions, and now I feel like I really need you guys to like, rate, subscribe, review, I really.
Speaker 2: Because please, folks. We got two hundred nineteen thousand.
Speaker 1: Two hundred nineteen thousand, So that's pretty good for a show that started initially with you setting up the cameras in our house and then you co hosting and also setting up the cameras in your mom's store, and now it's a full grown business. But still, yeah, I'd love it, so please and on iTunes and Spotify, subscribe, and on YouTube, you know, get the alert, subscribe, give us five stars, all of that. All right, Demon's a tough night for your Baltimore Ravens and take us through before we get to it.
Speaker 2: So last night, my Baltimore Ravens, we coughed up another one. Lamar was running for his life, Derek Henry with another costly fumble. Detroit came back on the next drive, converted on fourth, got a touchdown. So we did it for your team, we should do it for my team too. Should I be worried about my Ravens with how everything's going at the moment.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad you listen. I'm glad you put it in that context. We did it for the Chiefs for being zero in two and now one and two. Should we do it for Baltimore? And it is a very interesting test of sports media today and who has and has not earned benefits of the doubt because eye, silly me, Chiefs Homer, lifelong Kansas Citian, got a tattoo about the team. Silly me. I would have thought that a team that has been to seven consecutive conference championship games, been to five of the last six Super Bowls, won three of the last six Super Bowls, and been to three straight that if any team would have earned a benefit of the doubt for sputtering out of the gates, it would be the Chiefs, but I was wrong. It was a lot of talk about how systemically the team may be broken, about Patrick not being as good as he once was, Andy's play design not being as creative as it once was, and about how this team just isn't scary anymore. And you know, an at that we'll get to in a minute, when over the New York Giants didn't exactly quiet that for most people. We'll get to my thoughts on it in a second. And the tackle that turned the tide trademark, as Kevin Wilds would say, I wonder how folks are going to discuss the Baltimore Ravens now that they are one and two with the one victory being an uninspiring one over the Cleveland Browns. Now that they the Baltimore Ravens, who the benefit of doubt that they have earned is being to zero consecutive Super Bowls, zero in the last decade, one conference championship game appearance. If we are going to look at the Baltimore Ravens defense with the same critical eye that we have looked at the Kansas City Chiefs offense, a Baltimore Ravens defense that ultimately last year was not good enough, that up to this point this year has been down right awful, a Baltimore Ravens team that, on top of that, seems to situationally not be the most buttoned up in football, and a Baltimore Ravens team that, all of a sudden second best player seems to have an odd fumbling problem. Now, I don't know if you agree with me or not on this, Demanse. I do not think that game was lost on the Derrick Henry fumble. I think that that game was lost on the Ravens' entire inability to get us to stop Detroit from doing whatever they wanted on the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: And the two ninety five plus yard drives of Detroit just running it down their throat, to me was a flashing red light of concern. And it is you know, it's kind of perfect that, you know, the Chiefs and the Ravens now play each other on Sunday, because one of these teams is going to be zero and three with three losses to the three legitimate teams they faced, and the other team's gonna be two and two. And have studied the ship and we'll talk obviously more about that game on Thursday and Fridays, I think, but.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, go ahead, we'll talk about I was gonna say, what do you think with Kansas City winning and Baltimore coming off this loss, that it's a bad scenario for the Chiefs. Could be a potential trap game? Well?
Speaker 1: No, that again, this is I blame Wilds for this, not you. No, And nobody seems to understand what trap game means anymore. Trap game you're talking about maybe letdown spot or something. Trap game?
Speaker 2: Is you what?
Speaker 1: So let's say the Chiefs had been two to zero going into the Giants game with the Ravens coming up the following week, then the Giants are a trap game. Trap game is team flying high facing a bad opponent with a good opponent coming up. Trap game. Perfect example. Trap game is what the Packers just dealt with looking great, have the Cowboys, you know, kind of not revenge, but a big Mica game coming up, and then the Browns beat them. That's a trap game. The Chiefs playing the Ravens like not a trap game. It is a What you're talking about is the Ravens all of a sudden potentially more desperate coming off the loss. But desperation is, you know, accounts for something. Whether or not this team is quite as good as everyone assigned them as being is something else. And so let's talk about the actual game itself. So the Ravens defense was disastrous start to finish. Now, they didn't have nom Di Matabuque, but I don't know when they're getting him back. They didn't have Kyle van Noy, but I don't know when they're getting him back. And Rokwan Smith was not good. Historically, he's been excellent last year, was a little shaky. Last night he was not good. Obviously, folks are gonna focus on the Derrick Henry fumble. I want to talk about Lamar for a second. And again I texted this Greg Rosenthal this morning about alleged you know, because Greg said he didn't want to be lumped in with the quote Lamar haters, And I texted Greg, I was like, the Lamar haters group is just Bill Pollion from a decade ago in a draft evaluation. And I guess me, because everyone else in the media is in pretty much lockstep that this guy is simply unimpeachably great and one of the greatest players we've ever seen. And while I do think he's one of the greatest players we've ever seen, I think last night he was not quite as good as the numbers suggest. And let me tell you why now. Not just because that I don't really care about the final eighty yards and touchdown when they were down fourteen with less than two minutes left. That's not what I'm talking about. Even before that, like you started the game nine of ten, his pass rating was crazy. He was making some really good passes. There are two things last night that I feel are not one offs that if I were a Raven fan would be concerning. One is Lamar's refusal to throw the ball away and his hesitation to just take off and run, And those two things combining to him being sacked seven times is just a killer. Like he was great when he threw the ball, but he needed to throw the ball a little more or a little quicker or take off and run. Those sacks were drive killers time and time again. So that's the kind.
Speaker 2: Of potato crazy. And it being seven sacks, that's something that will get corrected pretty fast.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would think so, But it was the concern there is it wasn't corrected during the game. It was five sacks, you know, when they were still in the game and still on that last drive before the drive when they punted with like six minutes left, you know, he took he got sacked once there and then another one he ran, but it was essentially a sack, like, yeah, exactly, and here's the other one. And I'm just curious if other people noticed it. Man, he seemed to be wound tight from the opening snap.
Speaker 2: He was pissed off the whole game. Yeah, he was tilted the entire time I saw it. I don't know what it was. It was like very simple stuff in the beginning.
Speaker 1: So weird that the first drive of the game that they didn't score. I don't know which dride it was, but the first time they went three and out, his like body language and emotions are really yeah and so and that is we have seen that Lamar a handful of times before. It Unfortunately for him, more often than not is in the playoffs, where like early in the game, you're like, oh, he is anxious about this spot, but they were coming off a win like that. I didn't really get it. Why the last time they played Detroit, they annihilated him. He has a hilarious record in his career against NFC teams. I'm gonna pull it up real quick because it now obviously I think he was like twenty three and one. Say it again, Okay.
Speaker 2: I thought at this point he has like four losses total from the NFC. It might be less than that.
Speaker 1: Apparently, I think it's less too. The so lamar, No, you were right, you nailed it. So going into last night, he was twenty four and four in against the NFC, with forty eight touchdowns, nine picks, and like a one to oh eight rating. I think maybe he had at some point won like twenty straight or something. Whatever it was. He had had a ridiculous record against the NFC. He had beaten they annihilated the Lions last time they played he they had just come off a win, and the offense had been great in both games, or they scored forty points in both games. It was just a weird spot for him to be wound tight immediately, and those things concerned me. Man. So here is here is the I think fair read. Given everything I've said about the Chiefs being fine about where the Ravens are as they now both sit at one and two. It is hard like what either the Chiefs or the Ravens are gonna be one and three Sunday night. It will still be so hard to find seven AFC playoff teams without including both of the Chiefs and the Ravens. And here's why the Bills are three and oh they're excellent. The Chargers are three and oh they're excellent. Okay, here is the entire list of teams other than Bills and Chargers in the AFC that currently have a better record than the Ravens and Chiefs. At one and two, we're two teams. The call to are three and oh, who look excellent, But I think there is still a little bit of waiting for the bottom to fall out. And then there are only three other teams, and they all feel totally fraudulent. They the Cincinnati Banks, well, the Cincinnati Bengals who don't have their quarterback, the Steelers who are not good, flatly not good. And I worry side, you know, preview to Knicks Picks. I cannot wait to be on the Vikings this weekend as they play a London or an Ireland game, and that defense going after Aaron Rodgers, and then the Jags. Who I man, I can't. I have not been pleased with how the Jags have played through three weeks. That's it right at the and I know it's the playoffs obviously don't start today. If the playoffs started today, the AFC would have a one in two playoff team like one of the one and two teams would make it. So I will not say that the Ravens at one and two or even at one in three should panic as is making the playoffs. What I will say is one of the reasons I have this confidence about the Chiefs is for a nearly a decade now, every single year they play their best ball in the postseason, home or road. No, they play their best ball in the postseason. Particularly the AFC side of the bracket. Haven't obviously always played their best ball in the super Bowl, but in the postseason they had or in the AFC side of the bracket they have. The Ravens are the opposite. And I think that the defense last year looked hugely problematic and then turned it around at mid season. I don't know if they're going to be able to do that again, and so they are still very.
Speaker 2: Politent like this. This is a good offensive, I would I don't want to call them offensive juggernaut, but damn near, it's a pretty good team. They're gonna have you. But like you see, you're one of the better teams. You got to be able to beat the good teams.
Speaker 1: Correct, right, it's the the Ravens are trying to win a Super Bowl. They're going to have to go through the Bills, Kansas City, the Chargers just to get to whomever is in the other side of the bracket. And if you were to tell me right now, honestly, if you have an all time legend at quarterback, like the Chiefs and the Ravens both do, what would you rather if you're going to have to have one part of your team really be struggling early in the season, what would you rather be? Me personally, I'd rather be the side of the ball that my all time legend can help correct. So, like, if you're Kansas City, you the offense has not looked good, but Patrick is directly involved in that and has months to figure it out. If you're Baltimore, the defense has looked awful. Lamar's on the sidelines for that, and so that to me is legitimate reason for concern. All right, let's talk the Lion's side real quick, Demanse well S.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they struggled in Week one versus Green Bay, but they've been humming ever since. They are fifth in Super Bowl odds. Do you think that's too high, too low, or just right?
Speaker 1: I don't mind it. I listen. I've been really impressed by how they've responded to that Week one performance and last week putting fifty on the Bears, and this week, I mean they've scored what ninety points in their last two games after having six points going late, you know, late in Week one. Really impressive. And Dan Campbell's game management is excellent. That going for that fourth down was objectively the right call and a call a lot of teams up seven wouldn't have done. And you know he is doing a lot to push towards will be fine without Ben Johnson. So yeah, no, the Lions look really, really good. Today's show is brought to you by our new presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. New customers can play a five dollars bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings, but also one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. Here's what I like about the hard Rock Bet app to sportsbook app, but they give you crazy stats right there in the app and the hard Rock Bet stats Hub, and they actually show you what everyone else is betting. So if it's a Tuesday like today and you don't know what to bet, open up the app. You can see trending parlay's, most bet player props, the most bet upsets, and more. This week is a special week because the baseball postseason is almost here, last chance for teams to punch their ticket to the postseason. Every day this week on hard Rock Bet, you can get a profit boost for a baseball parlay boost a four leg parlay so your bet pays extra, So your bet pays extra winnings. Pardon me, take your swing. There's new promos every day, so if you're listening to this later, just open the app and check out what you've got. Any day of the week, download hard Rock Bet and make your first deposit. Payble and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida in Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado to Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eight to eight. Admit it. In Indiana. If you were someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. All right, demans, let's get to the Chiefs saving their season please?
Speaker 2: All right? Yeah, So, as we all know, your Chiefs got their first victory against the Giants this year, and you're already back on the never a doubt train with your tweets. Ugh yeah, so Vegas is. Vegas isn't buying into their height though they've got them as home dogs. To my Ravens is Sunday minus three. So what are you seeing different about the Chiefs that Vegas is not?
Speaker 1: Well? Listen, I I'm not gonna act like the Chiefs looked great Sunday night against the Giants. They obviously didn't. That first half was horrifying. The first half was really truly awful. So let me talk what I do think though, And I told this story on the TV show. I'm gonna tell it again here because having an encyclopedic memory about the Patrick Mahomes era for the Kansasity Chiefs can pay dividends. And so let me tell you guys a quick story. In twenty twenty, the Chiefs with the defending champions went back to the Super Bowl and got blasted by Tampa Bay. The next year, not only did they start out three and four, but Mahomes had the first real slump of his career. Is with Kelsey this Tyreek. They get blown out by Buffalo, they get blown out by Tennessee. They then play the Giants and need a field goal with a minute left to be a four and eventually four win. Joe Judge Giants team to get to three and four. The very next week, they play the Packers in the game Aaron Rodgers can't play in because of That's how we found out he didn't have the COVID vaccine because he was on the COVID list. And Jordan Love in his first career start comes to town and it's one of the ugliest games ever and with two minutes left. It is thirteen to seven Kansas City, and Mahomes has played terribly okay, And it is third and ten and a first down wins the game. And they don't get a first down, and they could lose outright and fall to three and five, and Patrick play breaks down. Patrick scrambles to his right off one leg, zips in a laser down the sideline to ice the game. And I went on TV the next day and said, I believe that's the moment Patrick snapped out of his funk. I believe that is the moment that the Chiefs will be the Chiefs again. And the rest of the season they lost one time and made it to the AFC Championship Game, where they did lose to the Cincinnati Bengals. But the rest of it, from that moment forward, they were as good as any team in football. This year, they get blown out in the Super Bowl. They look terrible through two weeks. They are playing the New York Giants. It is a tie game. Approaching halftime, Patrick attempts to swing past Isaiah Pacheco, who runs in the wrong direction. The ball is live, it is about to be Giants thirteen to six, and the Chiefs are going to be in dire straits, and Patrick Mahomes runs down the Giants player who's about to scoop and score, takes the ball back from him, steadies the team, and from that moment forward in that game was Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I do think we are going to look back on that moment as the moment the Chiefs steadied themselves. Now, are they going to be prolific, dynamic, dominant off the bat? No, I don't think so. I think it's gonna You know, Xavier will be back this week, Rice will be back in three, Yeah for sure. Oh okay, I'm the I'm telling everybody Xavier is going to be back this week. Uh no, you don't have to know. Not you're bad. You are correct in that it has not been report, but uh, I will throw on the same fake news hat. That hat is fake. The news is real that I told you guys. He definitively was not playing in week two, and I was not sure if he was playing in week three. I'm now telling you, barring something unforeseen happening, he's playing in week four. So I don't think they're fixed, to be clear, but I do think after week one I was terrified about the past defense that has slowly but surely improved. I was frustrated that Patrick still wasn't throwing the ball downfield. That has improved. It does appear that Tayekwon Thornton might be an in interesting peace. That is positive. Xavier coming back, that is positive. Rice, excuse me, Rice will be back. That will open things up for Travis. And then this is the part of this is the part of the team that right now is the shakiest and the least inspiring is the running back room. And this is where I wonder if Brett Veach is going to look at a few teams that are going nowhere, those teams being the New York Jets with Breece Hall, the Miami Dolphins with Devin h or and this would be the dream, the New Orleans Saints with Alvin Kamara and say, hey, would you guys like a draft pick for your running back? And if that happens, I think the Chiefs offense can be remade mid season. I like, I love actually how the rookie left tackle has played. The right tackle, Juwan Taylor has been good when he's not being penalized, and there are real building blocks here and now they also have an opportunity to put the Ravens in a bit of a tail spin and to where they're not the team everyone's panicked about now if they lose to the Ravens, which is certainly on the board, they are staring at being two and four when Rashi comes back. Because you lose to the Ravens, it's very hard to then say you expect them to beat the Lions. But they do have the Jags in between them, and I have not been impressed by the Jags thus far this year, but I think the I think this could have gone left on Kansas City, and I think it was going left when that ball was bouncing around the MetLife turf and it looked like it was about to be thirteen to six Giants, and then Patrick made what I believe, and we can come back and check on this what will go down as one of the most important regular season plays of his career. And I think that they've at least been steadied. Before we get to the other follow ups, de Monts go to the chat question if you would.
Speaker 2: Uh, Bryce asked Nick. Let's say the Chiefs are a lesser version of last year, not flash she will get into the playoffs at the five spot out in round two. They still get the benefit of the doubt next year with this same start.
Speaker 1: No, if they listen, if the Chiefs go ten and seven and lose in the divisional round and then start next year poorly, then we say okay, like they are in a transition phase like the but when they are literally still in the midst of the most successful seven year period any team has had in the history of the sport. It's to me two games was too quick of a trigger, and it isn't.
Speaker 2: I'm not even having like their full strength roster.
Speaker 1: Correct And now, to be fair, like Danny said this on the show yesterday, and he's right, some of the problems for the Chiefs are not solved by getting receivers back, Like the running back problem is not solved by that. The pass rush problem is not solved by that. So it's not all that, but that's part of it. But here's another, I think fun or interesting fact. So the Chiefs have made seven straight AFC championship games. The only team in league history to make more than seven consecutive conference championship games is the New England Patriots from twenty eleven to twenty eighteen, they made eight straight. Okay, and it's kind of perfect because the Patriots made every championship game in the AFC from twenty eleven until twenty eighteen. In twenty eighteen, they played the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Championship Game, and from that moment, the Chiefs have made every AFC championship game. So from twenty eleven to twenty twenty four in the Chiefs and the Pats have played in every Sea Conference championship game. Exactly right. In that eight year stretch, Demonsey where the Patriots made five Super Bowls, won three, and made eight straight conference championship games, they started two and two half of those seasons. Four of the eight years they started two and two. Now didn't start one and three. And so Kansas City, you know what I mean. This is a big game on Sunday, But two and two is not a problem. And two and two, if it comes with a win over the Ravens, will make you feel very good. All right, Let's get to the follow ups here.
Speaker 2: Kelsey had another sideline out burst with Andy Reid, are you a are you nervous about this? Is this becoming a thing.
Speaker 1: So listen, let's Andy at halftime said that the team needed juice. Here's what Andy said after the game. So here's the deal. Do I understand the frustration that if we're listen, this is what's right, we're honest about this stuff, that there is a level of passion that white athletes are you know, get to get away with and not be you know, painted with a broad brush that black athletes or not. I totally get that, do I do? I think that there is that we you know, whether it be Tom Brady screaming at Bill O'Brien or or Travis Kelcey literally bumping Andy Reid during a Super Bowl that plays differently if a lot of things aren't true. It's not just that they're white, but that helps, but also that they're all time legends and they're great and you know what I mean, that they've won share. All of that is in the stew of what we're going to freak out about or not Versus George Pickens throwing his helmet. I get that piece of it, and I understand that people think that's unfair or what I like. I get that the distinction that I am going to draw and this is not an excuse or even an explanation. It's just a reality. Is when people are trying to use this as evidence something is wrong with the Chiefs, something is off. The point that I will make is when it comes to Travis, He's always been this way. This is a guy who, in his second year in the league had a ref throw a flag at him, and he picked up the flag and threw it back at him. This is a guy that, in the first padded training camp practice after the Chiefs won a Super Bowl three years ago, punched a teammate in the helmet.
Speaker 2: I rewatched that video last night. That dude didn't even do nothing.
Speaker 1: I know, I did nothing. That was right. You're talking about the training camp punch. Yeah, they did nothing. It's a team, it's a teammate at training camp coming off a Super Bowl. And then Travis went on his pod said he's got to be better. And if I remember correctly, the next week did it again, get another teammate. This is a guy who during the Super Bowl almost knocked Andy Reid to the ground in early in the Super Bowl they won, and in this instance, he in Week one head budded Juwan Taylor and in this instance, Andy hits him like I'm just gonna be I This was not Travis hitting Andy again, this was not elder abuse. This was Andy bumping Travis and and so right for real, And so I'm not excusing it. I'm simply saying he's been he's been this intense for a decade, and to me, it is And listen, is there extra frustration for the Chiefs right now about the offense, no doubt about it. Do I think that led to Mahomes having two lateral backward passes in that game like a little as on edge. I do think that, like I do, has that maybe led to Mahomes missing some passes? Sure, but it just is what it is. And I think that because of Andy's disposition and he it's very weird, weird the wrong word interesting, what bothers and doesn't bother Andy, And he is so much more bothered by someone getting in an illegal formation penalty for lack of attention to detail pre snap than he is by Kelsey losing his shit on the sideline, and that just that. So that's where I stand on it. I don't think I'm if people think it's a double standard I have or whatever, like people can think whatever they want. I'm just being honest about what I think about it and how I think it impacts or doesn't impact the Chiefs, and so that's where you know, that's where I stand on that. And as far as Chris Jones, if people didn't see it, he evidently has been trying to get Russell Wilson's jersey for years. Russ has never given it to him, and then he was asked after the game if he tried again, and Chris said, I don't want it anymore. I would love to know the real story behind that. Why. Yeah, no, I listen, No all time great players want you know, other all time And it's weird because Chris is an all time great and so I don't know why Russ wouldn't give it.
Speaker 2: To him previous players player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but does he not jersey swap with anybody? I don't know, because there's a really have you seen the video of Miles Garrett talking to Roger rosen Garden of the Ravens when rosen Garden was a young player. He's still relatively young, but I think it was a rookie years. It's one of the coolest Miles Garrett videos ever. It's so awesome. After a Ravens Browns game, Oh russ, Oh, he changed jerseys with Mahomes. Evidently the Mahomes looks like his rookie or second year.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So Roger rosen Garden, who's a tackle for the Ravens, goes up to Miles Garrett after a game and says, like they're doing the handshakes forever. He's like, hey, man, I know I'm a nobody, but is there any way I could get that jersey from you? And Miles Garrett said hey. It was like sincerely. It was like, hey man, you're in the league, your team's winning games, you're doing your thing. You're not a nobody. And he's like, yeah, I got you. And it was like he was. Rosengarden was legit thrilled about it. And it was so cool of Miles Garrett after a game, undoubtedly that his team had lost, and the but a recognize kind of his standing in the league, like I'm a standard bearer, I'm an all time great. This kid wants my jersey and I'm going to lift him up. I thought it was a really cool Miles Garrett moment. The producers are putting a bunch of pictures in the chat or in the dock of Russ doing jersey exchanges. But listen, in Ross Polson's defense, maybe he only does quarterbacks. Yeah, I mean he's doing it with Josh Allen Mahomes and Kyler Murray, so I don't know. And he also did one with Dk Metcalf, but Dk was a former teammate. I don't know. I gotta tell you I can't figure this one out. All right, Before we get to the other stuff, let me remind you guys, seek geek helping us out, and see geek helping me out. Actually, because did I tell you guys this, I'm going to the Writer Cup this weekend. Oh my goodness, Bethpage Black Writer Cup. So here's the deal. I'm going with some friends I got uh. I was somebody hooked me up with tickets. This is an instance where you hit up the agent and you're like, hey, can I get some tickets? And they helped me out. So shout out uh to Ryan and my folks at Uta and Clutch and everybody. But I got friends who want to go too, and I may or I might have overstated how easy it was going to be to get a bunch of tickets to Saturday Writer Cup. So you know what, I you know what, I'm gonna end up doing as I have done before when I tell people, oh yeah, I'll be able to get you a ticket, and then realize I don't have quite as much juice as I thought. I use seat Geek, today's sponsor sponsored today's video, seat Geek over twenty eight million downloads. Seat Geek's number one rated ticketing app. More than seventy thousand events listed on SeatGeek, including concerts, sports, festivals, and more. NFL seasons here on the MLB playoffs approaching now is the perfect time to get to a game. I love using seat geek again. I told you guys about the right cup here. It is right here, the Writer Cup tickets for Saturday. Do we you know which club do we want to be in? What do we want to do? Again? These are the tickets for a friend, so he might not be the VIP access tickets, but we'll get them on the grounds there. It is right there. If you want to see how you can do it, it's so simple. Seat geek has your back. Each ticket's rated on a scale of one to ten. You know you're getting a good deal. Look for the big green dots. Green means good, red means bad. Every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee, so help me out. You can use code RTE ten for ten percent off your next set of tickets at seat Geek. That's ten percent off any tickets with promo code right ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later. Thank you so much to seat Geek. All right, demanse, Let's do Eagles Rams?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what the egg's going on over there in Philly? Hurts was four for eight in three for eighteen yards at halftime and then finish the game with two hundred and twenty six yards and three touchdowns. So what's going on over there? Why is Siriani in the offensive coordinator kind of putting shackles on the offense.
Speaker 1: It's so weird because Sunday's game was really bizarre. And if not for uh Sean McVeigh, as great of a coach as he is, being so conservative so consistently when it comes to fourth down stuff, the Rams might have simply put the game away early on. And obviously the Eagles needed two blocked field goals in the fourth quarter to come away with what really is a one point victory, but we'll go in the books as a seven point victory, which will go down as an all time bad beat for Rams plus three and a half, just an all timer. But this, this is not just something to watch but something that's pretty fascinating, which is the new offensive coordinator Kevin Battullo and or Nick Sirianni simply don't want to let Jalen throw the ball and only did it when they had no other.
Speaker 2: Choice, I think, and last like limit.
Speaker 1: I get that, but SA's not having a good year. Now. It's early, but of the five least productive games of Saquon's career with the Eagles, three of the five have been weeks one, two, and three. Right. Week one, they're in a dog fight, can lose. Week two, they're in a dog fight, can lose. Week three they're down huge. So it's not like last year where Saquon's crushing everyone. They're blowing people out. Why change what we're doing. It hasn't been that and they still are treating Jalen Hurd's passing as if it's break glass in case of emergency. It's really odd. And while I don't, I mean, Jalen had more passes of ten plus yards down the field in the second half yesterday or Sunday than he had in the previous the first ten quarters of the season, and so AJ Brown wants them to throw the ball more. I think Jalen wants them to throw the ball more. His posts on the field interviews happy seemed yeah, and it seemed to imply like we can do this if you'll let me. And so it is just something to watch and something interesting because you're not used to seeing a team. In fact, it's almost unprecedented for a team that has a great quarterback, which Jalen hurts is supposed to be, to look at passing like they call the games like the Ryan Tannehill, Derek Henry Raven or Titans, where it's like I get and that team, by the way, also at AJ Brown, but where it's like, I guess if we have to, And so that is that is unique to me, I guess, uh, And something to watch and I wonder how it changes this weekend against the Buccaneers. All right, what else you got here?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, you called this year's Eagles last year's Chiefs. Do you can't explain that?
Speaker 1: Uh, yes, I will explain it. Let me hold on one of my AirPods just died. Let me see if I can get it back going again. Talk to me real quick, Tom, let.
Speaker 2: Me see if yeah, Chiefs, Yeah, I got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean to me, it's pretty obvious they are undefeated in the standings but winless in hypothetical scenarios. If CD Lamb could catch, if Travis Kelsey doesn't babble the ball, if the field goal doesn't get blocked, they are now to a place where opposing fans are zupprud or filming their games to be like missed call? What about this? Here's a foul.
Speaker 2: A little with that team, but that stupid? What do you mean, Well, it's just like I think that people are gonna be like, where's the flag at when they've got that unstoppable touch push like people were, people are closely and they want like I.
Speaker 1: Think, yeah, but so hold on more on that in a second. But no, people were doing it on like they were like a J. Brown pushed off on his touchdown. They they're they're giving them the full not the full conspiracy treatment, but the full pouring over it with a fine tooth comb treatment. Their fans feel like the team is constantly disrespected, even though they're high in the Super Bowl odds and everybody talks about them as a great team. And they literally won a game with a blocked kick like the like the Chiefs did against the Broncos like. So there's a lot of similarities in that regard. Now, when it comes to the toush push or as I have coined it, did you see this is one of my what have you coined it? Well, it's not the touch push anymore. It's the toush push when other teams do it, because did you see the Saints try to do it and they got called for a false start? And they did. The Saints did it early in their game, got called for a false start. The Eagles did it early in their game, did false start and didn't get called for it, And on the broadcast, Mike Preyer pointed out, Yeah, that same right guard, he's false starting again, which is why it's no longer the touch push demonse when Philly does it, it's the early bird.
Speaker 2: That's the early that's a good one.
Speaker 1: The early bird that's a good one. It's the early Bird. They they can do it, only they can do it. And so years ago they tried to get Brotherly Shoved going. So it was like Philly related. It didn't take on. The early Bird's gonna take on. All right, Let's get to some of these other games. My god, there's so many games. We're gonna have to do these fast, buddy.
Speaker 2: So the Chargers first three and oh starts since twenty twenty two, and Herbert has.
Speaker 1: Since two thousand and two, hold on since two crap yeah.
Speaker 2: Number one, yeah, two thousand and two, guys, So he's got the third best odds to win IMVP right now. Denver. On the other hand, they have not start off great. You've already taken your victory up there, he said. You didn't like that preseason debate on them. Yeah, bigger story is the Broncos early struggles or the Chargers hot start.
Speaker 1: Well, for most it's the Chargers hot start. And let me listen, Chargers look great, looks amazing Herbert made. Herbert didn't really play great this weekend, but he made the play to win the game. And this was Herbert's least productive game then. But it also had his most iconic play, and that play up to this point is I think the offensive play of the NFL season is that Herbert throw after the Chargers had blown the lead to get them back. You know, I think that tied the game, and then obviously they win it on the field goal. Chargers are going to be someone to deal with now. The injuries are starting to mount a bit, and you always worry about that with the Chargers, but there's obviously someone to watch. The Denver thing, though, for me, is the story because I took so much shit from annoying Denver media and fans about being scared of them, about not respecting them, about all of this, when through three games they are the exact team I told you they would be a very good defense whose offensive quarterback can not cut it against good teams. And up to this point in the season, they beat the Titans, lost to a three and oh Colts team, and lost to a three and oh Chargers team, and bo Nicks has been shaky the entire season, made a few really nice plays and missed a bunch of wide open guys, And this wouldn't be something to harp on except for two facts. One is, if you remember Demanse when I said that I thought the Broncos were gonna finish last in this division and the Broncos weren't going to make the playoffs. I baked into it that I thought they might get off to an excellent start. That I was like, Oh, people are gonna be throwing stuff in my face early and then late in the year when the schedule goes Chiefs, Commanders, Raiders, Packers, Jags, Chiefs, Chargers, that's when the falloff's gonna happen. Fall off. They might not get there before the falloff happens. So that's one reason. The other one is Sean Payton said this was one of seven teams he ever coached that he thought actually could win the Super Bowl. For the record, here, guys, Sean Payton coached the New Orleans Saints for fifteen years, so he told us this is better than nearly a dozen of his Saints teams with Drew Breesh. Okay, let's see it, and I I think the Broncos have a great defense, a coach who bit off a little more than he could choose expectation wise, and a limited quarterback. That's what I thought going into the year, and we'll By the way, I also had to hear all off seasons like, oh, what about the additions of Ufanga and Greenlaw? And I said, listen, those are two excellent players who have had trouble staying healthy thus far. Hufanga's been really good, green Law hasn't played a game for them. All right, let's get too Brown's packers, please.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody was drunk on Green Bay. That hit a little snag with that Brown's loss this weekend. They allowed thirteen straight fourth quarter points. After the game, Parsons said, undefeated seasons, they're hard in the NFL, and sometimes, just like today, you ask the bed, even the best Super Bowl champs make mistakes. Clearly, the team's expectations have not changed, have yours at all? After seeing that game?
Speaker 1: Listen, No, And in fact, this was a game that kind of confirmed to me my take when they traded for Micah, which is that Jordan Love's the most intriguing player in the NFL this year because they have the pieces to be a true A List contender. Jordan just can't screw it up, and in that Browns game, he screwed it up. That Browns defense is excellent. I'm not even gonna kill the Packers for not being very productive on offense. I'm not gonna kill Jordan Love for not being productive on offense because they didn't need to be. What he needed to do was not make a mistake. And when you're up ten to three with a few minutes left and the Browns have done nothing on offense the entire game, all you can't do is throw a pick in your own territory. And that's what he did. And like people are gonna get on Micah about getting ahead of himself, the pack defense was excellent in that game. The Packers defense allowed. Yes, they allowed a touchdown at the end, but that drive started at the four thanks to the pick. All you have to do is not turn the ball over. Now, to Jordan's credit, he did drive them then back down the field for what should have been the game winning field goal, but that got blocked in the weekend of blocked kicks. If Jordan Love can just be steady, the Packers can beat anybody. But when he turned there in his career, they're four and fourteen, or sorry, fourteen and four. When he doesn't turn the ball over and have a I don't remember exactly what it is, but a really bad record, losing record when he does. Just don't turn the ball over, bro. And if you have to get in a shootout, I think he has the talent to win some shootouts. But that wasn't one of those games. Hey. You ever sign up for a phone plan thinking Wow, amazing price, Then a few months later, surprise, your bill's hired Boost Mobile. You pay twenty five dollars a month forever. That's unlimited talk, text and data starting at just twenty five dollars a month, No price hikes, no contract forever. Plus. Boost Mobile is now a legit nationwide five G network. They've invested billions building five G towers across the country. Visit boostmobile dot com or head to your local Boost store today and get a limited talk, text and data for twenty five dollars a month forever. Five G speeds not available in all areas thirty After thirty gigs customers may experience lower speeds. Customers will pay twenty five dollars a month as long as they remain active on the Boost Unlimited plan. All right, demons, let's get to cowboys bears before we get to our quick hitters.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, so my guy, Caleb Williams due for nearly three hundred yards and four touchdowns. He's my guy. Now I'm taking them from you longer your guy.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But it was against that lowly Cowboys defense. Do you think that we learned anything new about Caleb Williams in this game?
Speaker 1: The I think yeah. It was obviously a super positive game. Obviously the Cowboys defense is going to give a lot of guys great games. But Caleb took advantage of it. And we've seen steady progression. And now the Bears have a chance. They play the Raiders on Sunday, then they have the bye, beat the Raiders get your bye, and then you know who they play Week six to Monday, the team that ended their year last year, Jaden and the Commanders on the Hail Mary, you know what I mean. So it's a good flip the narrative opportunity for them. Will say it again.
Speaker 2: Will Jaden be in that game?
Speaker 1: I would imagine because Jaden missed Week three, that game is week six. I don't think Jayden's gonna miss four weeks with his knees sprain, you know, and so I I would imagine he'll be there.
Speaker 2: That's a good.
Speaker 1: Demons is Jade and your guy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Jayden's white guy too.
Speaker 1: I like, like, okay, you can't have the same draft class. Everybody knows that. Yeah, And so that Caleb, as CJ. Shrouds teaching everybody, life can come at you fast in this league, and narratives can flip fast, and so like, this is a really good opportunity for Caleb. Now you don't want to get over your skis about it, but he was excellent in that game. And the Cowboys are just a mess. And now Ceedee Lamb, by the way, the Nick Wright injury inflation calculator stays undefeated. Ceedee Lamb initial reporting high ankle sprain, but escaped major injury. Latest reporting he's gonna miss at least two weeks, maybe four. So the Cowboys this can get away from them in a hurry. They are a sixty four yard field goal against the Giants away from being zero and three. And without Ceedee Lamb, this offense isn't gonna be able to keep up, and the defense is awful, and so they tray Von Diggs is not right, Bland is hurt, they don't have a pass rush. Cowboys might be cooked here, and so they're gonna put it all on Dak's shoulders, and Javonte Williams been decent, but I don't know how much I trust the Cowboys' ability, you know, to get to six wins, much less be a real playoff contender. All right, before we get to you know, six sixty seconds ish on every other game, let me remind you, guys about my friends at HOF who helped me write my own ending to this weekend's football. Smart betters rely on data. HOF hands you powerful analytics at your fingertips to tilt the odds in your favor, to help you say goodbye to missing that one leg of your parlay. HOF gives you all the probabilities and insights you need to succeed. By using historical data and matchup grades, trends, and player performance insights, Hof's parlay Optimizer let you know which parlay legs look risky, so you can adjust before game time and maximize your chances of hitting with confidence. Hof crunches millions of data points and seconds, so whether you're building a single game parlay or picking a money line, they can let the stats help guide your decision. Send your plays from HOF directly to your sportsbook app with one click to save time. Hof is trusted by winning betters as well. Were one million total users in a rating of four point nine stars out of five on the app Store based on over seven thousand reviews. For a limited time only, our listeners not only get seven day free trial, but they get fifty percent off their first month when they use code right at checkout. Seven day free trial and fifty percent off your first month when you use use code wright right at checkout. Download theof app on iOS or Android intercode right and you're all set. All right, demons, we're gonna quickly go through these games. You and me Bill's Dolphin's Thursday Night. It was very odd to me that after that game was the day people, you know, Greeney and others came out with the Josh Allen's Greatest player I've ever seen take Like I thought Josh Allen was fine in that game. They you know, they were. That story to me was about the running backs and it was about Tua just not having the juice, like they did everything they could in that game to be competitive, and then the roughing the punter is just a killer. But despite that, they had a chance and Tua just threw an inexplicable pick, and now everyone in Miami's got to be like, man, why is this the guy.
Speaker 2: Okus a little bit right, Daniel?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, but McDaniel, here's the deal. I think McDaniel signed off on giving two of that money. But they're just they're in brutal shape. Bucks escape again against the You know, this was a weird one because the Bucks were kicking a field goal to ice the game up twenty six twenty It gets blocked and returned for a touchdown. All of a sudden, they're down twenty seven to twenty six. The Bucks and Baker then do what the Bucks and Baker do, drive down the field. I did not get the Baker live bet in shamefully, I was. It's too much going on in that moment. The Buck win, but it was a costly win. They are now down Demons currently three offensive linemen. One of their best pass rushers, Mike Evans, you know, tweaked that hamstring right, and now they play Philly. But the Bucks have to feel amazing that despite all these injuries, they're three to zero with three final minute wins, and now they've given themselves a little margin of error the Colts blasted the Titans. This is one of the worst. I had three of the worst bets I've ever had on this show. This was one of them. I picked it the Titans plus points, said they could win out right. The game starts with a pick six and it is just unbelievable. Uh, the Colts look really, really good.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Danny? I mean, there's something there, and there is something he said about his calmness in the pocket. The really will just sit there and get rid of it. He doesn't panic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like this, So, I mean, listen, I don't believe that this Colts thing is sustainable, but I have to be fair. They've been unbelievable. They've been written now. Part of it is playing the Titans and the Dolphins. But still like three and oh's three and oh and they look great. The Jags beat the Texans. The Jags did not look good. They do not yet know how to use Travis Hunter, which is so disappointing. And the Texans bro the Texans demonte have allowed fifty one total points. They've allowed fifty one points and they're own three. The defense has the first team in twenty years to allow fewer than fifty five points through three weeks and not have a win. And CJ's just a shell of himself and that offense.
Speaker 2: So it's the top three quarterbacks in the league after his first year in the league.
Speaker 1: Man, he did a lot after that first year, did that world tour with Micah was given. You know, was coaching up Kaleb as a young fella after week two, and it's just he's got to be better. That offense has to be better. And I'm ready to say the Texans are done, like zero to three. I just think they're done. The Steelers beat the Patriots and one of the worst football games ever played. The Patriots turned the ball over five times. The Aaron Rodgers did not play very well in that game, but it didn't matter. The Patriots moved the ball. That Steelers defense, good for them for forcing turnovers, but I do not believe in that team, and I think they're gonna go overseas. Yes, I mean the forcing the turnovers is good, uh, but the Pats don't know how to win. And I think the Steelers have looked incredibly shaky to be two and one. Commanders beat the Raiders in a game hand up that I didn't watch much because Jade wasn't playing and the Raiders right now just can't block. Credit to Gino for making, you know, moving the ball somewhat. Ashton gent still now has more yards after contact than he has total yards, and the Commanders get a nice one with the backup quarterback. This is another one of my worst bets ever. I had the Falcons laying five on the road. They get beat thirty to nothing. Bryce didn't even really play well. Bryce had like one hundred and forty yards. This was Michael Pennox was awful, just awful, And that's a concerning one. That's a horrible, horrible loss for the Atlanta Falcons. The Vikings defense makes Jake Browning look just horrific. That defense looked amazing. The Vikings also oddly ruled out JJ McCarthy for Week four right after that game. That was curious to me. But they're rolling with WinCE for this overseas game against Pittsburgh. The Seahawks beat the Saints by a million. I didn't watch that game. I know thee The Saints are a mess. They're probably I thought the Panthers were the worst team in football. It looks like it's the Saints and the forty nine ers and Mac Jones, despite a late Mac interception, get the stop they need against the Cardinals and then drive down for a field goal. They're three to zero, but they lose Nicky Bosa for the year. That's the whole rest of the league we didn't talk about. Also, Ben Simmons, I gotta tell you they went fishing that the people that listen to this show a lot.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I love fishing. I'm a little jealous that fish in the bottom right, I have caught one of those. The other three fish that he caught, I have not. And the one in the top right looks amazing. That's not the one that Yeah, that's me a long time ago. But that fish in the top right looks sick. The fish in the bottom right I've caught. I think I've caught one of those, at least from where it looks like here. All right. M Trey asked me, Demons, I'm gonna do these real quick. Uh is my Ryder Cup pick USA or Europe? It's USA, obviously, because I'm going to it. Benjamin asked, do I have any recommendations for raising a child to be a sports fan? I'm from Minnesota, but living in Chicago. Uh, don't would love him to root for my teams. Won't want to push him. You gotta He's your kid. One of the things in life you get to decide is what teams your kid roots for as a kid, Make them root for your teams like that, and then if as an adult, if they want to change, they can change. And Daniel says he's a loyal Cardinals fan. What was Arizona need to succeed and win their division? Listen, I don't I like the head coach, and I like what they're building defensively. Most important thing right now is is Marvin Harrison Junior's got to get back to being Marvin Harrison Junior. Speaking of that, Chris says, did Jim Harbaugh body swap Quentin Johnson Marvin Harrison Junior. It's unbelievable, the Marvin Harrison Junior fall off. I did not see coming. All Right, I've got to go so like rate subscribe review to the pod that we are organically growing No bots here, Yeah, they're not buying pages. Also, I'll be on with Colin in about ninety minutes. Justin Herbert's on with Colin in like an hour, so that's pretty cool. Then first thing's first at three, see you guys all day, and what's right