Speaker 1: This is Suckers.
Speaker 2: I'm Bell, I'm Dean Bell, and I'm Jared han An.
Speaker 3: iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, Welcome to an all new episode of Suckers. This time it's me Dean, my wife Kaylin, and Jared is back. He's back with us. Welcome back, Jared. Hello, how is your time in? Where the hell were you? Guys? Thanks up. We don't care about NAPA at all. All we want is everything from Nick and Natalie's wedding.
Speaker 3: Let's hear it?
Speaker 1: Wow? All right, no, okay, fine, we'll break the ice a little bit. NAPA was good. We talked about it last week on our podcast a little bit. I'm just I hate I realized this yesterday. I hate wine. I hate it. I hate everything about it. I hate the way it tastes, I hate the way it makes me feel.
Speaker 3: I hate wait to come in pessimistic.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just thinking. I was talking to someone about it yesterday because they were like, how is NAPA, And I was like, honest, NAPA was great, but I just hate wine and you have to really enjoy wine to enjoy NAPA more.
Speaker 3: Dean was great because he was with all the girls. He was just girling with us, and you held your own. You did great. The next time we go, we'll be with Ben and Jess and you can golf and me and Jess do the wineries.
Speaker 1: I just can't do wine. I can't do more than two glasses of wine. It makes me so hungover, it makes me sleepy, it makes me like sugary and just feel weird and gross. I just hate it. I hate wine, and I'm not afraid to say it.
Speaker 3: Well, I told you you have to drink organic wine because I feel the same way. If I'm not drinking organic wine, I feel terrible. Yeah, and you weren't drinking organic.
Speaker 1: But we're at the best vineyard in the world and still not organic. I don't know I was in the world. Well, but I'm saying we're at like the premiere wine valley in America, I guess is a better way to say it. Like, if I'm not drinking good wine there, then what am I gonna do drink good wine here in Colorado? M M sure, I guess I could, But I'm not going to spend sixty dollars on a bottle of good wine to then be hungover and feel like crap. Yeah, give me the whiskey. Give me the IPA. That's all I need in life. Okay, let's go to a whiskey vineyard. Was does it even exist?
Speaker 3: Yeah? My grandparents want to go. It's that some Kentucky trail or something trail in Kentucky. It's a whiskey trail.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, let's do that. Yeah, tobacco road, let's go there.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah that was Napa Jared. You didn't miss much, but it was still fun. We hung out with Rachel Pilot, Rachel from A. She was the Bachelorrett a few years ago. I'm sure you certainly remember. I'm aware. Yeah, that's good. So that wasn't necessary for me to explain. And it was good. Yeah, it was really uneventful, but like in a good way. Like there wasn't any crazy drama or anything like that, you know, so.
Speaker 3: It was just the three of us, which is fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was no crazy drama at Nick's wedding either. The only drama that.
Speaker 3: Was so not because like there's always drama at someone's wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess it was all good drama. Like well, Natalie, Natalie's dad spoke at the welcome party, and he has some health issues, and I know that they're not the closest. So that was great because he got very emotional, and so that was a really nice moment.
Speaker 1: So he spoke at the rehearsal dinner. But they're not close. Why did she let him speak. I don't know, bro, I'm not going to speak for Natalie your dad. I guess I get that. It's just you know, I guess we I don't know. We kind of had a different approach with ours, where we're like, if you're not super close with us, we're not going to Like my dad would never speak at our wedding. My dad was even that wedding, I guess. But yeah, that's good. I mean, it's great to see parents get emotional, of course, like you're there to kind of like drown yourself in the emotion of the experience, and so I guess it's always a good thing to see someone get emotional, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure she was very happy to see him get emotional. But the only drama, which I totally forgot, was that Victoria Fuller was at the wedding and so was Chris Soles and they dated, which just completely escaped my mind until Peter, who was a grinsen Geist was like, oh yeah, I'm more I'm curious how Victoria and Chris are going to be And I was like why and there were? He was like they dated and I was like, holy, I just forgot that that happened.
Speaker 1: That I erase that.
Speaker 3: I remember that was like twenty twenty COVID because I remember she DMed me and she was like at his farm or something. I just remember, so Radom, Yeah, do you remember that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't remember her dming you, but I do remember them dating. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very brief. I thought you were going to say Greg Gruppo was there.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, I was not there.
Speaker 2: I'm just assuming that Nick and Greg are not that close and maybe they were just friends because Natalie's very close with Victoria because she was a maid of honor. And it was nice. So the welcome party was very nice. It was Western chic, which I went to a wedding last year that had Western chic as well. Interestingly enough, it's trending obviously, but so it was in Savannah, and the welcome already was very nice, and there were drinks and food and I got to hang out with grocery store Joe which is always so much fun because he's the man, and it was funny, it was it was weird seeing random people there because I have no idea who Nick is close with, because I haven't lived in la And quite some time, and I've seen people on his podcast, but I've knowed if he's friends with these people or not. But at one point during the rehearsal dinner, well it wasn't really rehearsal dinner.
Speaker 1: It was a walker party.
Speaker 2: And people were invited if they wanted to come say a few words. So some people go to the mic and just say a couple of things that they wanted to And we were standing there, Joe and I, and then somebody behind us was like, do you guys mind sitting down? I can't see. We're like, oh yeah, yeah, totally. And then at the same time, Joe and I looked at each other and was like, was that Jay Wow.
Speaker 1: From Jersey Shore?
Speaker 3: Shut up?
Speaker 2: And of course, like I look back and I'm like, yeah, that's in Jay Wow, That's awesome. What is she doing here? I didn't know she was friends with Nick to the point where she would come to the welcome party. I didn't see her at the wedding, so I think she only went to the welcome party. But I had no idea that she was friends with Nick to the point where he'd invite her and then furthermore she would make the effort to come. But that was really cool, funny. And I saw Josh Peck there. I never I know who he is from Drake and Josh, but I don't know. And he was an Oppenheimer too, And then we sat at the same table as Jojo Seewak because their friends from.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, how was she in real life?
Speaker 1: She's great, She's so sweet.
Speaker 2: I mean, we just talked for a few minutes because it was Ben and her met at some iHeart.
Speaker 1: To one of the dancers from the Bachelor tour, so Ben went up and talked to him. And then.
Speaker 3: Is her thing a persona? Or is that really her? Like you know how she is on TikTok and stuff.
Speaker 2: I actually don't know what she's like on TikTok?
Speaker 1: What is her persona?
Speaker 3: She's very obnoxious. She speaks in this deep, high ski voice that I feel like kind of came out of nowhere. She loves herself, so she loves everything, Like everything she wears is covered, her car is covered in her face. Her shirts are always of her.
Speaker 1: She was not wearing a shirt of her face now. She was dressed on the outside. She could have been like under like you know, bass Layer, kind of like Superman.
Speaker 3: But I do feel like it's a persona. I was just talking to someone who knows Sheena from vander Pump and she's like, Shina just puts on for vander Pump. So I'm wondering if JoJo's just putting on for TikTok.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I mean, I know nothing. I just don't think she is. Her voice was very deep and raspy. I remember that. I think she's letting into that too. Yeah, you know sometimes people like start doing a voice and then they kind of get stuck in it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like, I mean, again, based off of no information, I just feel like she's doing that.
Speaker 3: Like Elvis Butler. Her TikTok sound that's shedding is a dream guest on my podcast, dream guest of my pund Like, I think she's really leaning in heavily to that. I don't know, but she did to hear that.
Speaker 2: She was pleasant, She's very sweet, talked for a few minutes. I mean I only talked for a couple minutes, but had a great interaction with her. And so that was the welcome poty.
Speaker 1: And the wedding was great. It was very nice.
Speaker 2: I got to because I was a Grounsman spent the whole day with Nick, so like there was probably like eight to ten of us, and then but some of them were family members that weren't actually a grunsman, but so got to his hotel room at like ten in the morning and then just was you know, with him all day and with all the grounsman and I went to breakfast and hung out in the hotel room and like I helped iron here shirt and stuff like that. And I was the only one to give a speech out of all the groonsmen, which I felt very humbled by because his dad gave us like a welcome speech to the wedding. His dad's the man. I don't know where Nick came from. His dad and mom are so sweet. His dad is so talkative and personable. I'm like, bro, what I talked to his brothers too, and his brothers are awesome, like just like a guy's guy, like I could just talk to and have a conversation with.
Speaker 3: His parents are very I met his parents at Sarah Wells's and they're so sweet, pleasant or something was there, maybe it was his brother.
Speaker 2: Though everybody is normal except for Nick. I'm like, what happened to this guy? And they're like, yeah, just like I know, like every time I go is m LA, Like I know that he's just going to bring me to the same restaurant.
Speaker 1: I know that he's.
Speaker 2: Always going to be on his phone, and that's just like the relationship we have. I'm like, dude, this guy's insane. But so so we get to hang out and you know, we went to the venue and got dressed and took a bunch of pictures and he did a first look with Natalie.
Speaker 1: And that was really nice.
Speaker 2: And then we went back to the trailer and then everybody started arriving and getting seated and all that jazz. So that was really nice because then we had like probably twenty minutes or so just to hang out on the trailer right before and Nick was walking down the aisle, so like we all took a shot and Nick said some words and like just saying how much you know, he cared about everybody and that's why they're there and it was actually a really nice moment. Yeah, that was cool andful.
Speaker 3: The wedding, like the whole wedding was gorgeous, and it looked the welcome party looked really fun.
Speaker 2: Welcome party was great, very like very just low key. The entire wedding felt very low key. It was very beautiful. Was on this farm outside Savannah, like thirty five minutes.
Speaker 1: I forget.
Speaker 2: I feel like I heard it was, you know, somebody like a family friend of Natalie's or Natalie's family that owns the farm and they do weddings there.
Speaker 1: But was it.
Speaker 3: The farm was just gorgeous and they had little donkeys.
Speaker 2: They had little donkeys. They released doves after they walked down the aisle. It was like, good God, people, but it was very pretty, Natalie gorgeous. Their vows were great. Charlene and and and well Charlene from Bachelor and her husband Andy were officiants and they did a great job. There was two officiants, two officiants, husband and wife. Nick are very close with him and so and it was nice too because so Kyle, who you know, Dean was a grunsman and I got to spend a lot of time with him and he's just so wonderful. I got to spend a lot of time with Geist because he was a grounsman as well, So that was so nice. I'm glad I knew some you know some people. But but yeah, and then you know, Ben went to the wedding, so it was great seeing him. We sat next to him at the wedding. Souls was there, Grocery Shorgioe and Serena were there, Victoria Fuller was there. I don't think anybody from else from Bachelor was there. Caitlin producer was there. But Alan wasn't there, which I felt really sad about.
Speaker 1: He couldn't make it.
Speaker 2: He was doing this show and you know, Nick and and Alan have such a great relationship and like you know, they're very close.
Speaker 1: So that was sad.
Speaker 2: But I texted a picture of Nick right before we walked down the aisle to Alan and then nice. Yeah, so that was great and it was nice. It was great. Nick cried twenty four seven. Got he's such a sap. It's insane. This man has Natalie cried during her vows? Yes, and Nick is just such a it's amazing how he is just a cold hearted exterior. And then this man just cries all the time, Like, bro, just just cry more people, you just you know, you'll be fine.
Speaker 1: But it was cool.
Speaker 2: So I gave a speech, and uh, I started off my speech. You guys be very proud. So I had the mic and I introduced myself and I said, this is probably the first time in the history of Nick and mine's friendship that I am able to speak and he is not allowed to interrupt me.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good one. It was a good one. And then so I started off the speech, so I said, Nick, so I really want to take this opportunity to tell you from the bottom of my heart that you are such a.
Speaker 1: Pain in the ass.
Speaker 2: And then of course I really laughed and laughed and it was very nice, and.
Speaker 1: Of course everybody laughed.
Speaker 2: Of course everybody laughed because I'm hysterical. But it was nice, and you know, Nick Natalie had a great time. And dude, Nick said the funniest thing to me, he maybe, you know, he maybe may have been a little intoxicated. At this point after I gave my speech, you know, they were partying and it was later in the night the speeches came. It was a little different. We were dancing at first, and then they cleared the dance floor and had some speeches. But he walked out to me and he gave me a big hug and he goes, dude, you're so charming and smart, and he goes and the best line ever, he goes, You're such a fucking TV star. I was like, Nick, that is the most endearing, sweetest thing I think you've ever said to me. And so it was great. It was a great moment and I'm very happy for them. It was it was it was a really nice time.
Speaker 1: That reminds me of when your wife once said that she loves being a reality TV star when she talked to you about it. Yeah. Yeah, it's just that's funny. Well nice man, I'm glad you guys had fine. Was what did Ashley go or? Is she She's okay, but she's pretty pregnant right now, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she's six months. But she's feeling good. You know, she's not like too sore or anything right now. And she's not really that sick. I mean, she gets, you know, sometimes sick and she's super tired sometimes, but she's doing well. But she was fine, and so obviously we were at the walkome party together on Friday Saturday. I mean I saw obviously we were at the wedding together, but during the day I was just with Nick and the Grinsman, so she it worked out well. So she got to hang out with Joe and Serena and Marco Peter's partner like during the day, so she got to go hang out with everybody in Caitlin and like have a good time. So that was really nice because I would have sucked if she was just like stuck in the hotel. R had to like explore Savannah by herself.
Speaker 1: Did you guys, was there like hotels close by that you were able to stay in?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So there was shuttles. The shuttles are whole different story because the venue is like forty five minutes out and Savannah's uber situation is not the greatest. Yeah, so there was no way of getting ubers from this place, so we had to rely on the shuttles. And then they were very strict about like they weren't leaving until there were at least twenty five people on this bus. So I was like, and it was already the wedding was going so late, like we didn't leave till midnight and we were the first ones to leave.
Speaker 1: That was like. The bummer about the shuttle thing is like, I'm also an early lever from places, and when you have to like go in a shuttle like that, you're kind of like on everyone else's schedule, which it can be frustrating sometimes.
Speaker 2: I hate relying on public transportation. I'm the guy I'd rather not drink and drive to a place by myself then go and be able to drink and then not drive, Like, no, I'm good, I don't I don't need it. I'll have one drink and then I'm good and then I'll be able to get myself.
Speaker 3: On the other end of that though, because we had a shuttle service at our wedding because we had a few people staying in Aspen, the people who missed the shuttle really pissed me off. I'm like, we spent so much money on this shuttle and you're not going to make it to the shuttle, so now you're stuck here and there's no bets for you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah on the way out of the Yeah, well that's a compliment to us. That means they were having too much fun they didn't want to leave. I was just thinking that as well. Yeah, let's look at it. But yeah, that's that's great. I do. Yeah, the shuttle thing has always been like we were on that wedding in Hawaii, which is an amazing wedding, and it was only one day that we had to go up there, but we had to go from the South Shore all the way to the North shore, which is like an hour, and you know, the shuttle on the way there is like a big party the whole way up there, and then the shuttle on the way back like everyone's a zombie. You're not really able to talk for you much.
Speaker 3: I don't really remember the way back exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of the point I'm trying to make. Oh but the way there was, which is great, which is great.
Speaker 3: Was Sandoval at the wedding? No, okay, I know they kind of have beef, but they're also kind of friends.
Speaker 1: Tom and Nick have beef.
Speaker 3: Well, I think so. The last podcast that he did of Nick's, he looked really bad.
Speaker 2: There was somebody from vander Palm. I believe her name is Katie.
Speaker 3: Yes, I saw that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I didn't really get to talk to her, but I know who she is. And then now Sandoval was not there. What does that dude doing.
Speaker 3: Now Schwartz No, no, Tom Schwartz.
Speaker 1: No, Tom Schwartz. I didn't see anybody.
Speaker 2: They probably just like this guy, like all he does is try to get dirt on his podcast.
Speaker 3: Honestly, his wedding is a great place to get dirt on people.
Speaker 2: Everybody's lubed up, feeling good, vulnerable, you know, that's the perfect time to be.
Speaker 1: Like, by the way, was there any like anything that maybe we didn't see as the you know followers on Instagram that that happened, Like there's no crazy bee for any crazy arguments or anything like that.
Speaker 2: No, I mean nothing. It was just a nice time, a nice weddings.
Speaker 3: Now it's vander Pump people.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: It was too tame, too tame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Joe brought us dominoes, which was so sweet. Actually and I were in the hotel room. It was like one thirty in the morning. He texted me because we took the shuttle back together, and then he was like, I ordered dominoes if you guys want some, And then I was like, oh, maybe I'll come down and grab some. He was like, dude, I'll just bring it to your room. I was like, well, that's the sweetest thing. So Joe and staring it came up and just brought us a couple slices of pizza, and I was like, well, that's the sweetest thing ever.
Speaker 1: I don't know, yeah, I know, it was so nice.
Speaker 3: I was like, bro, last time I saw Joe was at the Bachelor Mansion with you guys, and I really wanted pizza, but it was freezing and I didn't want to get out of the bus, and he was like, I'll go get you a slice. So Joe and pizza, you know.
Speaker 1: Joe and I.
Speaker 2: Moments like this always make me feel very lucky to have a friend group within Bachelor Nation.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I think of you guys, I think of Joe and Serena, I think of Ben and Jess Wells and Sarah, and just like there are, you know, so many there's just a lot of great people, you know, for lack of a better way of saying it, they're just like, you know, every time I see them, every time I see you guys, or every time I see Ben or Joe, and it's just like, oh, that's right, I do look like, yeah, we just get along, like it's just like one of the we're just friends. It's not a bachelor thing. We're just friends and it's like I miss you guys. So that was really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny too because then we're like, ah, why do we never see each other? And then you're like, oh, yeah, because I live in Rhode Island and you live in Colorado, and I know New York and you live in LA and yeah, but it is nice to have the occasions that you get to be able to come together like this wedding. Obviously, the few are I events that we get to do every single year. It's nice, Like I'm always kind of dreading those, but then every time I get there, I'm always like glad that I went, you know sort of thing.
Speaker 2: So same here, one hundred percent. So the wedding was good. Wedding was fun. Damn I wish I had like more drama. Nothing happened. It was all just positive things. Nothing really occurred, just the good old time.
Speaker 1: Really did they incorporate their baby into the wedding at all? Yeah? River was there and.
Speaker 2: She partly walked down the aislewa river and then partly did not. When she first was walking down the aisle, she had River in her hands, and then before she got to where everybody was seated, somebody took River and then she finished walking down the aisle by herself, and then they took a bunch of photos with River, and obviously everybody got to see her. She's so tiny. God, she's a little lunch three months and she's so small. I'm like, was I don't even think Dawson was a small one who came out of the womb. But she's so sweet, so cute. She looks exactly like Nick's dad.
Speaker 1: Poor thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, their baby looks like a sixty year old man. But she'll grow out of that. But yeah, she's cute. The whole family was great and it was funny too. I was talking to his dad at the welcome party and his dad was like, you know, eleven kids. My wife was only sick with one. Guess who it was? Like, let me guess Nick. He goes yep, and then eleven kids, and we had one who was a collage baby. Guess who it was. I was like, let me guess it was Nick. Babyla, what's that crying? Doesn't stop crying?
Speaker 1: Heard the word my life?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know what it was. I was thinking, I've got jaundice and lay mixed up yellow a yellow baby.
Speaker 2: Right, Uh yeah, I think it's I don't know exactly what is the cause of it, but I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: I don't know. There's so many things.
Speaker 2: I think it's skin. It's it's to do with the skin. But I don't know. But cog baby is crying all the time. Let's hope you never have to hear that if you have kids, that your baby's not crying twenty four to seven. There's just nothing you could do about it.
Speaker 1: That's crazy that his dad remember is that, Like, you know, Nick is what fifty years old, so fifty years ago he remembers.
Speaker 3: I think you forget that stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, Nick is forty forty one years old, forty three, I think he's forty three, Okay, forty three years old. I mean, yes, I guess you're probably right. You probably don't forget that stuff. But if you know, if jaredan Ashley only end up having two kids, I'm sure they would remember which one was more finicky. But they have eleven children.
Speaker 3: Eleven but they're saying eleven kids and one was not bad, but one wasn't. That's true as well behaved as the other.
Speaker 1: I see your point. It is still yeah, no, I see your point. Okay, so maybe I've retracked my studium, but I still kind of think that.
Speaker 2: Just eleven kids.
Speaker 1: Eleven isn't his youngest sibling like like fifteen or something, remember nineteen fifty they were fifteen four years ago though.
Speaker 2: Yes they were good math so thank you very nice.
Speaker 1: Which is which is probably when I was no, maybe even longer than that. But yeah, that's crazy. So fift so nineteen to forty three, so that's a twenty four year age gap. Dang. And Nick's not even the oldest, is.
Speaker 2: He He's the second oldest. Yeah, his sister is older. And we were talking to her for a while again, so sweet, down to earth, normal, and all we did was talk about Nick.
Speaker 1: That's crazy there. His parents were having babies for twenty seven years. Oh it's crazy. Yeah, I mean, incredible props to them for doing that, you know, but like, how how imagine what do you do now if you're if you're like now that they both like, I wonder how they feel now they're in Their whole life has been surrounded about taking of having kids and taking care of kids, and now it's also the money.
Speaker 3: I'm like panicking about us having kids and just the money behind it. But eleven kids, the cost college for eleven kids.
Speaker 1: I feel like, I feel like the second kid is a little less expensive than the first, and so on down the line, just because you could, I mean, I don't know, I have no idea obviously, but you could probably make hand me downs and you kind of like streamline certain things, so you're wasting less.
Speaker 2: People are like, how are you guys getting ready for the second baby, and it's like, no, are you ready. We're not buying anything, we have stuff, we have hand me downs.
Speaker 1: The kid is going to be.
Speaker 2: A blob for the first year of his life, Like it doesn't matter about his room. He's fine, We're fine, Everything's gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: Imagine if we had a baby tomorrow, Kaylin, or like you got pregnant tomorrow and you were just pregnant every other year for the next until you were fifty five. Two kids, and I'm done until you were fifty five.
Speaker 3: Then you're snipping.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously, I guess Nick's mom must have started hurt late teens early twenties, but and maybe my math is not right on that, but I can't that's incredible. That's really is truly incredible. I guess that's probably just the Wisconsin in them, you know, maybe it's just the lifestyle is a little bit different out there. They're more family oriented, bigger families. That's my take on it, at least.
Speaker 3: I mean, I have six siblings, but it's like all different, right, different everything everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Louise, well, you have six siblings, diagram this for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, So my me and my sister are the only Miller keys is my mom and my dad my stepbrother no relation obviously step and then my mom married my stepdad and they had two kids, and then my biological dad had two kids.
Speaker 2: Did he ever get remarried a couple times? Oh, so you've been married twice since your mom?
Speaker 3: Well, my parents are never married, which is why my last name is Hypeen needed God.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. Okay, got it, got it, got it, got it? Yeah, big family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but eleven by one woman, one woman? Impressive?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one.
Speaker 3: We haven't even tried.
Speaker 1: Oh we haven't. We can't, can't because we haven't depends on your definition of trying. Were any of Nick's siblings, groomsman's or bridesmaids. Uh, yeah, there was his.
Speaker 2: A few of his brothers were like always in the grounsman party with us, but they weren't technically gruonsmen because they didn't walk down the aisle.
Speaker 1: So one I think one of.
Speaker 2: His brothers was a grouonsman and the rest of them just like hung out with us during the day and then didn't walk down.
Speaker 1: The aisle because I think there was only six of them. That's crazy. I would be so mad if I was one of his brothers that wasn't included, I'd be like, what, you don't love me? What's that's why we didn't have any I was like, well, not going to go through that whole scary process of picking and choosing scary scary.
Speaker 2: Well, he said that's why he said he didn't have a best man, because we were all all of his best men. I was like, all right, whatever, but I'm the one giving the speech, so I feel pretty proud of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're the best non best.
Speaker 2: Obviously, I'm the best of the non best men.
Speaker 1: Nice. And then so when you get home yesterday, what probably Sunday night, I.
Speaker 2: Guess Sunday Sunday morning. We left at nine, got in at one thirty. I had softball at four and then showered and then I had to work in a softball. Back to the grind came a softball Brokams softball. Come on, guys to improve the Who got the drunkest? Who got the drunkest? I mean Nick was definitely intoxicated, I would say, you know, I mean I don't think Marco was drunk Peter's partner, but my god, he was dancing up a store NonStop.
Speaker 3: He was like that Sarah Wills's I feel like he just because I was by myself and Dean wasn't there, so he was like my dance partner at Sarah Wills's permit.
Speaker 1: Ow goes great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who did get the drunkest? I don't know. Honestly, it's a good.
Speaker 3: Wedding if the groom gets the drunkest.
Speaker 1: Coming from experience, was that the drunkest? I think so I was top top.
Speaker 2: I think you were probably drunkest. Who got more drunk than you at your wedding?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know because I was so drunk, So I was really bad attention.
Speaker 2: You don't remember were you hungover?
Speaker 1: Like? How bad were you hung over? The next day? Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh, he was hungover the whole weekend, but he was so happy that it didn't really didn't.
Speaker 1: Affect me at all, and it was nice. We had the cold plunge in the hot tub and the sauna. So I would like be super hungover. Kailann would give me a hundred milligram a thousand milligrams of ibuprofen. I'd pop that, lay in bed for twenty more minutes, get out, go jump in the cold plunge, and then alternate. And it did. It does revitalize quite a bit. We bought it well. I bought a feeding trough to use as a cold plunge. I haven't used it yet, but I think we're getting into the season where I can. I just haven't been able to use the outside spouts yet because the weather's been so bad.
Speaker 3: But at sixty this morning, we just had coffee on our porch around chasing deer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very nice, I said lot on Instagram. The fear of being hungover makes me not drink. I can't, dude, I threking hate being hungover.
Speaker 1: It's oh, it's only getting worse and worse as we get older, too, That's what I was saying at the top of this podcast why I hate wine in Napa. Like, I wasn't really going to drink. But the first night we were there, we were, you know, kind of hanging around, hanging out. They had free wine, and so I was like, obviously going to have some. And then some led to a little bit more, and then let to a little bit more, and then I was like having reds and whites and rosees and mix and stuff. And that's probably what I went wrong.
Speaker 3: You took sparkling rose. At the end of the night, You're like, we should probably go pulls pores a full glass. I was like, Dan, Dan, that's not a good idea. It's not a good ad genuine body.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a terrible idea.
Speaker 3: Bro, you don't really listen.
Speaker 1: I do have a tendency to overdo it when I do that. But then I woke up the next morning and I was like, I'm pretty hungover, but nothing so bad. And it was like it's a slow creep of a hangover where it was worse at one pm than it was at you know, nine am.
Speaker 3: I think that's age. That's me too. And what sucks here living in the mountains is I get drunk because of the elevation after like three drinks, so to you. So I'm a one drink person and then I'm cut myself off.
Speaker 1: Well it's nice less calorie and take less expensive because you're drinking less. So it's always you know, altitude does a lot of things.
Speaker 2: I wonder how much everybody like, because everybody's like, oh, you're like you're either a lightweight or you can handle your beer. Like what is the definition of a lightweight? You have one drink.
Speaker 1: I got made fun of a lot in high school and college for being a lightweight because I would be wasted after like two or three beers. And I still kind of get like that.
Speaker 3: But I think it depends on your weight too. Yeah, I think after two it is not good.
Speaker 1: Well I was in high school.
Speaker 3: But it is good because you want to be a lightweight.
Speaker 1: And that's what I said. That's how I would spend it and be like, well, you guys wish you were lightweight. I'm spending six dollars and getting wasted. You have to spend a whole fifteen. For me, it would be like if you can't handle it, it means like you're throwing up or you're acting so erratic and like unpredictable in a bad way. That's what I would imagine to me.
Speaker 3: It's just like I get drunk.
Speaker 2: If I have two beers right now, I'm gonna I'm gonna feel it. I mean same, I'm not gonna be drunk, but like I'm like, oh okay, I could feel it. For me, it's weird between like zero and three beers, like that's I get a little tipsy, but then between three beers and eight beers it's the exact same feeling. So it's like that's why I feel like I can keep drinking. Like I've already been a little drunk, but I feel the same amount of drunk because I was five beers ago.
Speaker 3: Wait, so you guys in your twenties, after two beers you were totally fine? What do you like you always have been this way?
Speaker 1: Like like you mean like drunk after two beers?
Speaker 3: No? Were you guys like you had two beers and you felt absolutely nothing in your twenties.
Speaker 2: I would say it felt absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: If it's like a course light, yeah I wouldn't feel anything. But if it's an ipa, which I didn't really drink in my twenties, so I guess it's hard to say, but I'm just.
Speaker 3: Wondering if you became a lightweight later.
Speaker 1: Yes. No, I've always been a light weight. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've always been like, quote unquote, a lightweight. I've never been the guy that can like house ten beers and be like I'm good bro. Yeah, that sounds terrible, Nor would I ever want to be that guy.
Speaker 1: I've gone to the point now where I've never been this person. But like, if I'm drinking with some friends and someone's like, let's do some shots, I'd always be like, yeah, let's do some shots now, And for the past few years, if someone's like let's do some shots, I'll be like absolutely not not touching that, not even getting close to it, and they're like, don't be such a woos come on, come do it. And I finally can stick to my guns and be like, dude, have fun.
Speaker 3: But especially your friends here, they love shots, and I'm like, yeah, his one friend was chasing me around the kitchen like please do a shot with me. I was like, I don't do shots.
Speaker 1: I was watching the Nuggets game yesterday at my friend's house and I was just like sipping on a whiskey coat because I just had the whiskey with me because we're doing something with the whiskey brand, and they were like pouring up shots of the whiskey and they're like, do you come do a shot of whiskey? Like that sounds like my personal hell. So I will not be doing that, Thank you very much, though, But I would be remiss if I didn't mention. The Nuggets moved on to the next round of the playoffs. So that's good.
Speaker 2: Fris yok Yo, Git Yokovich worse too. We know who you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, your kids. Yeah, the Nuggets, Bro, We're great. But what else do we want to talk about besides we got Nick Natalie's wedding, We got Napa covered, we got the Nuggets covered.
Speaker 3: I do want to know, Joe. Do you guys have an h o A.
Speaker 2: It's not technically h o A, but it is because we pay for the common areas, so it's it's in a show. It's not tactically it's in h o A.
Speaker 1: But do you have like, if you wanted to do something to change the exterior of house, would you have to get it approved? No?
Speaker 3: No, we own it, well so do we, But we're controlled by these people I looked. I looked at people, how to dismantle an h o A. I'm going to get on it because.
Speaker 1: It's yes, that'd be great.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, So we pay a lot of money for ho A and we were like, whatever, it's fine because we love where we live. They're going to take care of the area, and water is included. Suddenly, a couple of weeks ago they tell us, actually, waters no longer included. We're upping the price of the h o seventy five dollars a month and you're paying for water now. Yeah, and if you hit past a certain like.
Speaker 1: Ten thousand gallons.
Speaker 3: Yes, So the whole Hoa area, our whole neighborhood is with the same water, and if someone goes over, we're all.
Speaker 1: We're we're on well water, is what it is.
Speaker 3: I don't really understand it. Actually, I don't why I'm explaining it.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I can try my hardest. We're on a well water system in our community. So like, we use the water beneath us that's in the community well and we divvy that amongst the twenty five houses in our neighborhood or whatever, twenty say, twenty four. And I said twenty five and you would have like a ten thousand gallon allotment, and now they're saying, if you go over the ten thousand gallons, you're going to be charged. And then I was asking, like what if I go, what if we go under? What if we use two thousand gallons? And then they go, oh, you're still going to be paying the seventy five dollars a month, So it doesn't really make sense. I do still think they're in the early stages of it, but like we want to be sitting on these HOA meetings and like having some conversations.
Speaker 3: I don't even know when they happen. And I think that's how they're getting away with this is no one's attending getting No, I'm going to take them down because you can't just up it by seventy seventy five dollars seventy five.
Speaker 1: Months, which you know isn't a lot of money, but it does add up, and it does like feel like they're I don't know, and.
Speaker 3: When we moved in, we're like, great, our waters covered. That's one expense we don't have to worry about. This is me off.
Speaker 1: I think they pulled the rug out. Yeah, they pulled the rug out. They got us in here, and now they're charging us more seventy five bucks a month. Bastards. I was telling them when they were telling me this, I was like, you guys should make it keep it free. But if you use over ten thousand gallons, that's when you start instituting fees. Because like we don't use family of two, there's families of like five to six seven in here that are definitely using way more water than us. There's no way we should be paying the same amount as them because we're not using nearly as much as them.
Speaker 3: So let's go to a meeting and demand answers.
Speaker 1: I agree. I'll start doing some research and get on that right.
Speaker 3: I've never so with our HOA in Vegas. We would get weekly letters in the mail and emails saying like this is when the this is when the meetings are happening. And we've never gotten a single thing from our HA here, So they're being sneaky. There's something going on. Yeah, and I'm not a fan. And our HA president lives directly across the street from us, so we could take it up with him, but I think we need the whole board there.
Speaker 1: They need to be more transparent. This is ridiculous meeting. Caitlin has started the movement, the anti hoa movement anti h It's kind of nice because like hos are nice in the sense where they make sure that no one's doing anything crazy with their house.
Speaker 3: It's like, you spend a lot of money on your house, you want the neighborhood to look nice and it all look cohesive and a certain right now.
Speaker 1: But when I want to build the detached garage right next to our house and they're like, we have to get everything approved, it's like, well, yeah, obviously I'm gonna make sure it looks nice. Don't tell me what I need to get approved from my own property.
Speaker 3: And we've been dealing with the aftermath of the previous owners and apparently they've just they were nuts. Yeah, the wife was living in a tent in the backyard because she thought there was lead in the house something. Yeah. The kids, her young little kids, she let live in the house, but she was living in a tent for months, which is not great and nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyways, that's their ho story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there's been a lot going on in Color.
Speaker 1: Lots going on.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't judge a person for living in a tent in the backyard. Dean did live in a van for like three years.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: But okay, bring your kids. Imagine if your second kid comes and then in five years, Ashly's like, I'm just gonna live in the backyard. I'll come in and like cook you guys meals. I guess, but like, I'm not. I'm not living in that.
Speaker 3: House because it's you don't care about the kids.
Speaker 1: I get.
Speaker 2: I get the bed to myself. That sounds pretty good. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: When you guys go to bed? Do you guys? Do you and actually go to bed at the same time? No, most of the time. No, sometimes it's usually right around each other. I usually go to bed before she does. Oh really, I guess because you're up at like four am probably every.
Speaker 2: Day, definitely not four am, but I wake up at like six six forty five mm, because because Kailyn.
Speaker 1: Goes to bed away early and I usually go to bed pretty late. And so I was gonna ask when you go to do you guys snuggle still? She likes to I don't. We're pretty good. We snuggle sometimes.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, but I go to bed at nine and Dean goes to bed at like midnight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, O midnight, it's not super late, Like I still go to bed probably, I'd say ten thirty eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say too. If I go to bed at midnight and I have to wake up for something, So let's say I wake up at six or seven am, I'm still gonna stay up till midnight that night. Like, I don't know what it is. I just I don't like to go to bed at ten pm, so weird. I want to be like, yeah, you're WEIRDO way up and play video games for an hour or two, watch the TV, and then go to bed. I don't know, I don't know what it is. Maybe that'll change eventually, But there are times where I'm like super tired and I'm like, I just don't really want to go to bed right now.
Speaker 3: Weird. I feel like a kid.
Speaker 1: Well I am a kid, and I can finally start I mean, I've been calling my own shots for a while now, but it's nice when you can just like be a kid and just have it.
Speaker 3: What do I mean, you can finally call your well, you.
Speaker 1: Know, when you are a kid and your parents are like you have to go to bed, be in your bed. I know. That's what I'm saying. I'm finally calling my own shots.
Speaker 3: Finally, for the first time in his life.
Speaker 1: I can finally decide when my bedtime is. It's great. I'm taking full advantage of it. Yeah, but we we Kaylin's like and stays kind of on her side of the bed. So when I whenever I go to bed and the beds it's a king size which is too big, and the queen size is too small. There needs to be like a queen and a half where it's like somewhere between those two sizes, like and a king sized bed. I feel like I go into bed and I don't even know that you're on the other side of the bed for me.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I wake up and I'm like, is he did he even come to bed?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But then we stay in a queen bed. Sometimes I at a hotel or something and I'm like, oh my god, this is the most cramped.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel really bad for you guys sleeping in king sized bed?
Speaker 3: Are you and a queen?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, we have a king We have a king. It is very it is spacious, very spacious.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 1: I like the space yeah, and then you get the dog in there, and Ouncer kind of pushes me into the middle a little bit because he takes up so much room. You know, small dogs takes It's horrible. Now.
Speaker 2: Lowis never sleeps on the bed with us. It's so annoying. Sometimes she does, but then she'll hop off in the middle of the night. What's annoying is when she jumps down from the bed and then she can't jump back up. So I hear her at like three o'clock in the morning go like and scratching. I'm like, dude, you're you got down.
Speaker 3: We have stairs for al so he can go up and down.
Speaker 2: I know I need to get the stairs, but you know what, Yeah, Lois is such a pain in the ass. She wouldn't even use them. She'd be like, pick me up.
Speaker 1: Why would I use these stairs when I can just be picked up? Yeah, that way defeats the purpose. I don't want to put the energy out. And maybe we should get rid of the stairs because Elser does hop down sometimes in like peas in the middle of the night on the floor. Yeah, but I guess it's better than the pen in the bed.
Speaker 3: M But I don't think he would he would. He wouldn't pee in the bed.
Speaker 1: No, that's where he sleeps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Well, Caitlyn, is there anything else you'd like to cover on this week's episode of Suckers?
Speaker 3: I got my venting out, You got your.
Speaker 1: Venting of the h hys. Yeah, yeah, I am. Tomorrow I'm flying to Los Angeles to pick up my motorcycle and drive it back to Colorado, which is the least. It's the thing I'm probably been least excited for in a long long time. It's gonna be the most miserable a couple of days of my life.
Speaker 3: I think, so excited than you were for like some of the fourteen ers you were dreading.
Speaker 1: Yeah, way wow, way way lease way less. How long is it going to take you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I looked up last night. It's nine hundred miles, about fourteen hours. And the motorcycle I have is like not made for highway. It's like a sport bike, so you're there's no like front wind cow on it to like break the wind up, and so you're just being hit by the wind the whole time. I tried driving it once from Vegas to LA and I got an hour in and I said, this is this, this is so bad, and I turned around and just put in the back of my truck and then drove my truck out instead. Which I'm not going to do that because it's fourteen hours and then fourteen hours back.
Speaker 3: So but I told him he could just start driving rent to U haul if he gets bored.
Speaker 1: It's not about being bored, it's about example, like my back is going to probably never be the same again.
Speaker 3: I think it's smart to just rent the U haul off the bat and go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we looked it up. It's two thousand dollars to rent a U haul. I'm not paying that. How much is your backworth to you? Yeah, abound twelve hundred dollars. Get U over twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Bro, Yeah, I don't think it really is two thousand. You didn't do enough research.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can try again. But but yes, that's what I have in store for me in the next coming day. So hopefully i'll be back on Wednesday to record the podcast. I'm leaving Sunday night, and so I give him if I read five hours a day, Yeah, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, five hours each day, which sounds like a lot but.
Speaker 3: It does soupy on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, be ready for the mail storm you guys are about to get. Yeah, so wish me luck. Hope I don't get hit by a car or anything. Don't say that, well I say it so that way doesn't happen. Yeah that makes sense. Yeah, but yeah, yeah, it's a little bit about me. That's a little bit about me. Yeah, what do you got going on? Just working?
Speaker 2: We have Daisy at Audrey's tonight, Daisy from Joey season. She's doing a charity event.
Speaker 1: That's a good that's a big get. Yeah, it's a big get. I haven't met her.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she's very sweet and it's very nice that she's coming to Audrey's.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna be such a pain in the RS.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be busy, it's gonna be so busy. But yeah, we have Daisies at Audrey's this evening, so that will be a lot of fun. And I'll tell you all about it next week on the podcast.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I cannot wait a All right, Well that's gonna do it for this week's episode of Suckers. We hope you enjoyed our voices. Be sure to tune in next week, where maybe we suck just a little bit less