Speaker 1: Thank you very much for joining us on. Well, I guess a special holiday park Hopper episode of Magical Rewind because we're just going to take a moment.
Speaker 2: To talk about our holidays, our holiday tradition.
Speaker 1: Because as we are learning these d coms, Sabrina and I are also learning each other as people. Because as many of these episodes as have done now, as many of the hours that we've talked, we've been in the same room together twice. That is literally true.
Speaker 2: We've been in a.
Speaker 3: Full year apart from each time.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: So I just wanted to ask very quickly, because I know how much you love the holidays I do.
Speaker 2: What is your favorite?
Speaker 1: Well, let me put it this way, what is the holiday tradition? Is there a holiday tradition that you've taken from growing in your family and brought to your new family with your little ones.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, a holiday tradition that's still pretty strong. We used to do it on a much bigger scale. We've scaled it down throughout the years. Is my family makes Tamali's and tamaly pies, and Tamali pie is like a layered versions. It's almost like a lasagna, but with the Tamali, So it's like masa meat veggies masa meat veggie's masa and Masa is like the corn mixture that's around it. So we do that and I love it. We put on different movies every year, depending on what kind of vibe we're feeling. A lot of times it's fun movies. We've had now added in my sister's kids. They're a little bit older. Monroe helped a tiny bit the last time we did it, but it's really something that's fun for my sister, my mom, and my dad and I that I love doing it every year.
Speaker 3: And it's awesome.
Speaker 4: We freeze them up and when we ever go to any kind of party throughout the year, we bring it and it's kind of it's just a fun traditional thing that we do with my family, and that's probably my favorite one. Usually it's either beef chicken, or we do veggies to veggie versions for people who don't like to eat meat.
Speaker 2: So I eat all meat. I eat all meat.
Speaker 1: Give me the bed, Give me the one you would recommend, because it sounds incredible and I would love to do.
Speaker 4: They're so good and you could just put it in your freezer and whenever you feel like making it. You just pop it in the oven and it's They're delicious.
Speaker 3: So I do love that.
Speaker 4: My dad actually has done a tradition throughout the years with my sister and I growing up, and now I do it for my kids on Christmas morning and it's a little scavenger hunt that goes throughout the house and it leads you to your big gift at the end, like if there's a bike or you know something that like is the big gift you kind of there's notes all around the house and you run around and.
Speaker 3: Then at the end you find the big gift.
Speaker 4: And I started doing that for Monroe last year and she loved it, So I'm really colat.
Speaker 2: What was your big gift? What did she get last year?
Speaker 3: Last year, I.
Speaker 4: Got Jordan, and I got her like her own little sized table. It's like a big tea set type table that she can have her tea parties. And I got all the tea stuff for it so she can do tea parties and stuff. And that was in her room that Jordan like snuck it up there while we were doing other things and other presents down here, so she got to go and it was all set up in her room and she loved it.
Speaker 2: So I can't wait to con you meant Santa Santa got him for her?
Speaker 3: That present is does come from.
Speaker 2: Oh from mom and dad? Okay, you do Mom and Dad, and you do Santa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my Santa kiss are Actually it's so funny. I'm doing Elf on the shelf this year for the first time, which I thought I was gonna love, and have found that I hate.
Speaker 1: What So people have talked about this. What can you walk me through what exactly is elf on a shelf?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: So an elf come is sent from Santa to come and watch you during the day and watch to see if they should that if the kids in the house should be put on the naughty or the nice list.
Speaker 2: Great, yep.
Speaker 4: They go to the north pole every night to talk to Santa about how the day went.
Speaker 3: But when you find them in the morning, they're doing kind of mischievous things around the house.
Speaker 4: So the first day I did it, I put flour all over our countertop and she was doing like snow angels, you know, or like do you just do these like fun little things. A lot of people do zip lines in their house with the pike going. There's like extreme ones and then you can find on Etsy like the easy ones, which are the ones I've been mainly doing lately because it is the last thing I feel like doing at the end of the night. And Monroe has instantly after the first day, woken up. Not the first thing she wants to do is go find this elf, so she's waking up early in the morning. It's like, what I didn't realize this was.
Speaker 2: This is a job, yes, a good job. For God's sakes. Are you getting paid for this, because it sounds like a lot of work?
Speaker 3: Of course not, nothing in motherhood is paid.
Speaker 2: That's true, right, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, So I'm enjoying those I will say, holidays now with my kids. It's like sparked a whole new level of sparkle for me.
Speaker 1: Right, you get to you get to start over, almost like you get the joy that you had as a kid, but going through somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes nice.
Speaker 3: And what about you? What do you guys do do you guys? Do you stay? I mean I could see you guys traveling even.
Speaker 2: No we stay?
Speaker 1: We like Sue Sue is. She's gotten me more into Christmas again. I was kind of a baja bun guy for a long time. Oh, but I'm getting much better. And you know, we do certain things. Christmas Eve, we have a family NERF gun fight Wowa. And there were years where it got big where we would be buying like specialty NERF guns that were automatic and all this kind of stuff. And there would be myself, my wife, my stepdaughter, my son in law, and my stepdaughter's dat who comes over for Christmas Eve, and we will we have dinner, and then there's usually some sort of a big to do with NERF guns.
Speaker 3: Do you set up like battle station?
Speaker 1: We know, we were like, oh my god, we're going this is gonna be small this year, and then we're diving behind couches and you know, Sue and I at one point we're gonna get walkie talkie so we could be like communicating each other for different parts of the house and stuff like that. So that was a fun tradition. But then we do the normal stuff, which is just you know, growing up, it was always Christmas Eve we went to church and then you know, Christmas morning, then that night we go to my grandparents' house for dinner, and then Christmas morning you wake up. We always had to take the picture on the stairs. We've had the same picture with all the brothers, and then it was the brothers and my nephews and everybody and cousins.
Speaker 2: On the stairs.
Speaker 1: We've you know, I haven't been home now since I've obviously been married, but before that there was probably twenty five thirty years of these pictures of all of us on the stairs. And then you go down and you do the stockings first, obviously, and then from stockings you the bigger gifts, so regular traditional stuff, and then and then we eat, and then you're usually back asleep by like one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do you guys do like a sit down meal for Christmas?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So Thanksgiving is my big sit down meal. I get my china out, I do all that. But Christmas is something that I've adapted from Jordan's side of the family that I love that his mom did, because she does. It's just like a buffet that we set up. We make everything Christmas Eve, and then it gets starts to get warmed up and everything, and then at that point it's just like go graze when you.
Speaker 3: Want to, like you just.
Speaker 1: Because I'm on a calorie deficit right now, I'm on another another health kick and exercising all the time and on a thousand calories a day for the last two weeks. So can you please walk me through what that buffet is? Can you just tell me, okay, what's on the table?
Speaker 4: Well in the morning is a breakfast castrole and you would spend every one of those calories you just told me in the cast role, because it is like it's his mom's breakfast cast role that I have have to do it correctly otherwise it is starting Christmas soft terribly, which is just like wonderbread and mixed in with Hawaiian rolls and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but is it like then eggs and yes, and it's it's very very good and ham that she gets.
Speaker 3: You have to get honey baked ham. You cannot just get anything.
Speaker 4: That's the morning and that that with like berries and you know, other and other like little sides.
Speaker 1: Is there a potato? Is there a potato some sort of potato like a hash brown or no?
Speaker 3: We actually I don't know, we don't actually do any hash.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is so filling and it's so thick that you don't really feel like you need any other carb, especially when you know it's not a cast role too. It's it's a souf ley I need to cook, gotcha. And then for the buffet types out, we do these like traditional Italian meatballs that you bake and then you put them in a crock pot with the sauce and everything that sits out all day. Usually broccoli salad is something that comes. We have a to molly pie that is out and done that you pick at, sandwich stuff, mashed.
Speaker 3: Potatoes, everything.
Speaker 4: It's just kind of a Schmortsborg of food that you just kind of can go and get a little bit here and then go back in an hour and get a little bit more.
Speaker 3: We don't actually sit down.
Speaker 4: And what I love her idea was she hated making the kids stop with their brand new toys or they'd be outside on their new bike. Hated to make them come inside, stop playing with their new toys that they've now fallen in love with, to eat. So this is just like come when you can't.
Speaker 3: And it's nice too because I host it.
Speaker 4: And you know, my sister has four kids. It takes her a while to go through her Christmas Morning and it's like whenever she shows up is when she shows up.
Speaker 3: There's no sit down dinner.
Speaker 4: So come when you guys, can you know you come at two o'clock. That's totally fine. It's like no, It just makes it a little bit more mellow of a day, which I really love. And then at night Jordan starts making his now sort of famous espresso martini's and those are very delicious.
Speaker 3: And we like to play games. We like to do a lot of game sets.
Speaker 2: That's a good night, freak Christmas day.
Speaker 4: It is god fun, it's easy, it's relaxing. And again, it's so fun to watch Monroe open presence. Leisure still doesn't quite getro watching her open presence.
Speaker 3: Everything is for me, like she has like this big dramatic I know you can't probably believe that, but she's just animated and oh for me, Oh, I love it. Like she's just the best.
Speaker 4: To get presents for it because she loves anything. You give her anything she loves.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. That sounds like a great day.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 6: Hi, I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know, are you a Charlotte? In nineteen ninety seven, my life was forever changed when I took on the role of Charlotte Yorke on a new HBO show called Sex and the City as we watched Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte navigate relationships in New York City. The show helped push once unacceptable conversation topics out of the shadows and altered the narrative around women and sex. We all saw ourselves in them as they searched for fulfillment in life, sex and friendships. Now I want to connect with you and share untold stories and all the behind the scenes together with special guests. What will begin with sex and the City will evolve into talks about themes that are still so relevant today. Are You a Charlotte is a much more than just rewatching our beloved show. It brings the past and the present together as we talk with heart, humor, and of course some optimism. Listen to Are You a Charlotte on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to ruin your day now though, because we're gonna bring in producer Jensen, your favorite to play another game.
Speaker 3: A holiday? What do you mean we got to do a.
Speaker 7: God, I don't even see what holidays. He To be honest with you, I asked for one thing for Christmas and it was that you lose another game.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm sure it was a sad, sad life, gents.
Speaker 7: I accept it. Do you guys want to play Christmas music trivia or Christmas movie trivia?
Speaker 1: Movie for me? But it's up to you, so I'll let Sabrina pick. But I would say movie, We'll do movie.
Speaker 2: Would you rather do music?
Speaker 4: I'm right, I'll give it to you for Christmas song titles. But if he's gonna ask me the artist.
Speaker 7: Then no, hobought I split them up.
Speaker 2: We'll do now, Okay, okay, yes, yes, yes, First.
Speaker 7: One is a movie question. Okay, what year did National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation come out in theaters?
Speaker 3: Nineteen eighty three? No, no, no, no, too early?
Speaker 2: Ninety two?
Speaker 3: Really those were in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Ninety two, eighty nine or ninety two?
Speaker 7: What was your answer? Me? Yeah, ninety two, it's eighty nine.
Speaker 2: It is eighty nine. Damn I see either eighty nine or ninety two. Damn it?
Speaker 7: All right, all right, all right. Music question? What kind of pudding is mentioned in the song we Wish You a Merry Christmas? Oh God, Christmas, Oh my gosh. Will's literally singing.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know anything. But that's that? Would it be verse?
Speaker 2: Trea Cole pudding, Tree Cole Pudding. Yeah, I didn't even know.
Speaker 7: That's the thing. It's Figgy pudding.
Speaker 2: Figgy pudding. Okay, pudding is very British.
Speaker 7: But I don't even know. I've never even heard him that.
Speaker 2: All right, we're two, We're terrible.
Speaker 7: What is the name of Frosty's friend in the nineteen sixty nine animated classic Frosty the Snowman. There's no way you get this?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: Is it the friend?
Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, I'm Frosty the Snowman, the ranky bass one.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, I don't know. I'm not even I'm not even my clue.
Speaker 7: I won't give you a correct answer. But my clue is this woman might have to talk to the manager of Frosty the Snowman, Karen. Okay, all right, how about this one? This is mus according to the song, what is used to deck the halls?
Speaker 2: Bows of Holly, Bows of Holly.
Speaker 7: Right, Okay, all right, we're back on track.
Speaker 3: I felt like that was gonna be a trick question.
Speaker 7: Alright, movie trivia, movie trivia? Which movie is the highest grossing Christmas film to date?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, good question.
Speaker 3: I would say ELF.
Speaker 1: I think The Santa Claus made more money than ELF. I'm gonna say the Santa Claus with Tim Allen.
Speaker 3: Oh, we also got Home Alone.
Speaker 1: Oh is that technically a Christmas movie? Because is Diehard technically a Christmas movie?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: I mean these are all Christmas movies.
Speaker 2: See, these are all Christmas movies. Home Alone, you might be right with Home Alone. I don't know.
Speaker 3: ELF is so good.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say Home Alone.
Speaker 3: I'll go with Home Alone too.
Speaker 7: Now you both got it wrong. Also, I like to think it's Abrina just picked Home Alone to the Lost to New York one. But I will give you a hint, just fun. You've got to think of inflation a little bit. So Home Alone made a lot of money. But this movie definitely bigger theaters, more expensive tickets.
Speaker 2: So then, yeah, it's gotten Santa Claus.
Speaker 7: No, it's it's twenty eight Teams the Grinch. Really, Yeah, that's the cartoon one.
Speaker 2: I've never even seen cartoon one.
Speaker 7: You know it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Okay, good.
Speaker 2: We are Christmas.
Speaker 7: Jim Carrey's no also good though.
Speaker 3: Great movie.
Speaker 2: Great, you've never seen that either.
Speaker 7: All right, what is the best selling Christmas song of all time? Right, yeah, okay, this this game is very recent. Okay, so I'm gonna look at the I'm gonna look at the Yeah, so this is within I would say two years years old, so Mariah would be in this game. It is listed as and I think this is correct because of all the albums and everything bing Crosby's White Christmas. Oh, okay, till I think digitally I would. I would tell you it's Mariah Carey obviously, but I think overall seller it's got to be.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes sense because it's been around forever.
Speaker 7: All right, Okay, back a movie you've already mentioned once. What year did Home Alone come out in theaters? Oh?
Speaker 2: This is there?
Speaker 1: This is Oh, I'm gonna say nineteen ninety.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's nineteen ninety. Yes, very good. Okay. Which Christmas song has appeared in the most movies?
Speaker 3: Which Christmas song? Yep? Oh?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 6: Ah?
Speaker 3: Is it the one that's actually in elf? Because I feel like that's in a lot of movies.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's cold outside.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's cold outside.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm gonna say jingle bells.
Speaker 7: It is jingle bells.
Speaker 2: Dang.
Speaker 7: I also think maybe that's.
Speaker 2: Public domain right, I think so too.
Speaker 7: That's maybe any reasons yeah, okay, I mean you know both of these. This is a movie trivia which iconic action star was in the nineteen ninety six Christmas film Jingle All the Way.
Speaker 2: Oh arm Swiss singer. Yeah, now Christmas.
Speaker 7: I was able to keep you pretty much with some harder ones until that was okay, all right, last one music trivia. Okay, I will There are two sided cards. Okay, So on one side is our other answer, which is what is the most streamed Christmas song of all time?
Speaker 2: So it's gotta be Mariah Carey right, okay, So it's.
Speaker 7: Mariah Carrey okay, in the song twelve Days of Christmas, how many Ladies were dancing?
Speaker 2: Six?
Speaker 7: The confidence in which she said it, I want you to remember.
Speaker 2: Right, because this is it, six Maids of Milking.
Speaker 7: Yes, the confidence sing when she said it, I just want you to remember it when you hear the answer.
Speaker 2: No, because it's not it's six.
Speaker 7: No, it's also about eleven.
Speaker 2: It's nine ladies dancing.
Speaker 7: It's nine ladies.
Speaker 5: She said, Oh my Christmas dreams have come through. Six Hey, eleven she's yelling numbers.
Speaker 1: Oh well, thank you so much for producer Jenson for that little Christmas Diddy for myself because that was my Christmas gift for the year.
Speaker 2: I was just watching Sabrina there. That was magical.
Speaker 3: I was so confident. Second, six Maids of Milky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five Golden Rings, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you everybody for joining us, and thank you for.
Speaker 1: This whole year, this whole holiday season. I hope you are with people that you love and you love to be around. Sometimes those aren't always the same thing, but it's the beautiful thing when the two of them intertwine in the same person.
Speaker 2: That's always the best thing in the world.
Speaker 1: And don't forget it's also a perfect time to think about people you normally wouldn't, how you can help people you normally wouldn't, how you might do things you might not normally do for people.
Speaker 2: I'm one of those people too.
Speaker 1: I'd love to say I was out there all the time helping strangers, and I could be doing it more.
Speaker 2: We could all be doing it more.
Speaker 1: And I think this is the time of the year when maybe we think about it a little more than we do.
Speaker 2: So if you can do something.
Speaker 1: For somebody you normally wouldn't, that is a good way to spend some time, so thank you everybody for being with us. We're going to be back all through twenty twenty five to two with some more gecoms. Some are gonna be good, some are gonna be well, go figure, but that is just the way it is.
Speaker 2: Everybody, have the best holiday.
Speaker 1: Be safe out there. Remember choices count, so think about what you're doing before you do it. Don't drive anywhere you shouldn't be driving, under the influence of anything you shouldn't be under. Have a safe, healthy and happy holiday season by everybody.
Speaker 2: M