Speaker 1: It's nine O Gene onegine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, this is it, you guys. Exciting day. Tory's back.
Speaker 3: Yes, Tory, welcome back. It is good to see you, guys. Most important question? Are you caught up on the uh train wreck that is season eight? Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, you guys? So I got to be honest.
Speaker 1: With the sickness and vertigo and everything, I couldn't focus on the show. That's why I just didn't want to watch it the season. This season is not good, you guys. So anyway, I am caught up and I'm not happy. What show is this? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. I don't know. I don't This one really set me over the edge.
Speaker 3: I think this one was as equally bad as the week before.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding?
Speaker 4: It's just not our show? I will say.
Speaker 3: Priestley looks at his that's the like.
Speaker 4: Everyone looks really good.
Speaker 2: Everyone looks pretty.
Speaker 4: Jason Priestley is so handsome and hot hot babe. Yeah, I'm gonna say so smart for leaving season eight.
Speaker 3: He makes Noah look not handsome? Do you know what I'm saying? Like, Jason Priestley is so hot that You're like, whatever, do not let me forget to talk about Noah in that jeep.
Speaker 2: Or that cut off button down?
Speaker 3: Why okay, I am Noah and I'm giving you a menacing.
Speaker 4: Look like to a.
Speaker 3: Murdery Loan shark in my red topless jeep.
Speaker 4: Like it was so dumb.
Speaker 2: I was like, dude, oh no, this is the episode where you Donna and Noah start up.
Speaker 3: The kiss was good? Actually I actually thought that was good.
Speaker 2: Well, because yeah, you real real feelings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have way more chemistry with him than than Valerie. Are you gonna say David no, no, no, no no, But then Valerie did with Noah and it takes all my strength to not call him Colin.
Speaker 2: You have more chemistry than him with David in certain respects.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Actually, wow, jet old that. I mean, life are imitating art, art imitating life? Do you think at this point like I was like, my dad knew and he was like, oh, we're going to put them together. Or I don't know, I convinced you at a drunken rat party to talk to my dad about putting us together.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I had nothing to do with it, that's all I do.
Speaker 4: You would have been like hard pass.
Speaker 2: I would have been like you guys, that's above my prey pay grade. Tell me what I'm supposed to say around here. I don't think. I mean, I don't know. Did you Did you ask for it? Do you remember?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Could you know?
Speaker 1: I would never ask for anything. I didn't want to be tree differently, but people knew something happened. I'm not sure you were very tolerant of him. I've got to say, looking back on all the boys I've been with, you were good because you had to work with him every day, so you couldn't really fire off.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't remember. I think I was kind of doing my own thing at the time. I was a new mom.
Speaker 4: You just had a baby.
Speaker 2: I didn't really Yeah, I didn't really have time or the bandwidth to think about yeah. Or I wasn't really involved in your social life at that point. Oh, you were, but.
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 1: But because you were a new mom, I just slipped by. So that was good timing on my part because you would not have been tolerant of that.
Speaker 4: Excuse me if I glitched.
Speaker 3: Are we talking about your real life romance with Noah it's his real name, against Yan? Yes? And how can you just give me again. Sorry if I just fully glitched. When did that start? How long did it go? And how was it trying to do that and work with him?
Speaker 4: It started in Hawaii?
Speaker 2: Well then when you guys were filming, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like the flirtation, getting to know each other. I remember the hospital scene with Jen when she had amnesia. I remember telling him, oh, you have to taste my lasagna. Not going anywhere else there.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, first of all, wait wait wait, wait.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait I r l O. Donna told him you have to taste my lazan.
Speaker 1: So I remember filming those scenes in the hospital when you were shot in the.
Speaker 2: Hospital, Donna, you were Donna or you were I was Tory.
Speaker 1: This is so confusing, And I remember in between takes, I was massaging him in his chair and he's like.
Speaker 4: Oh, you give such a good back. Besides, is that a new come on?
Speaker 2: I am out about?
Speaker 4: Is that a new come on? You have to taste my lazonia? And I was like, well, I'm a really good cook.
Speaker 1: I make this was always my go to. Like I was good with like shoulder massage and I make a great lasagna.
Speaker 4: So I was like going all out, try we get this guy.
Speaker 1: And he was like cool, and I remember making it and going over to his house after we filmed that night.
Speaker 3: This is the difference between when you guys were twenty and now, because now I'm like, can I have this shoulder massage?
Speaker 4: And we were together for three years?
Speaker 2: You guys, I'm calling yours. You took lasagna to Vince Young's house correct after filming all day and rubbing his back and nothing happened.
Speaker 1: You know the end story here, which you'll get with you. Nothing happened. Eventually something happened. But let's just say I was celibate for three years.
Speaker 3: Wait, you dated him for three years, so you're gonna date him season eight, nine, ten?
Speaker 4: And then do you end? Because the show ends?
Speaker 1: Now we went on, I mean I basically lived with him. What is like after the show ended? That's when he felt comfortable being like, Okay, she's my girlfriend and wait wait wait wait wait, hold out my hand in public and going on red carpets with me.
Speaker 2: I need to know this stage. Did you become celibate for three years?
Speaker 4: That night the entire time? Wait because he didn't want to do that. I don't want to talk about this.
Speaker 2: I don't blame you because it's starting to come back to me a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, because I got nervous that you guys would think we were like doing it like it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Well, of course we would think that if you guys are dating, you're grown ups.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it got to the point, but he would never it was noncommittal. We've talked about it years later, and he was like, I was nervous. I worked for your dad like I didn't. I'm like, but I slept at your house four out of seven nights a week.
Speaker 4: Like that is wild.
Speaker 3: The Internet describes your relationship as complicated and consuming consuming?
Speaker 2: How does how does the Internet know?
Speaker 3: It says it caused strain between you and Brian?
Speaker 1: It did?
Speaker 4: True? What true? It did?
Speaker 1: And Brian and I have discussed like that kind of started our eighteen year We didn't talk for eighteen years.
Speaker 4: That was a big reason. How did I not know that?
Speaker 3: This feels like multiple episodes we're doing here? So will Vincent Young be coming on this podcast or no?
Speaker 1: Maybe Jen ask him, what why wouldn't you come in asco I don't know because we're talking about this stuff.
Speaker 4: Hopefully he won't listen.
Speaker 2: If he's gonna come on the show. There's a chance he might go back and listen to him. Yeah, I gotta say, like, what have they been saying?
Speaker 4: Nah, I'm gonna go with no on that. Can you text him like do you have his number?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: So we talked again and started the convention we were at the one we got ripped off, the one I was pregnant. Vince was there and that's the first time I had seen him since we broke up. And we started talking again and dming and texting as friends, and I was like, good, we have like a reconnection and that's nice. And then when I DMed him because I did DM him to come on this show, no response.
Speaker 4: WHOA, Let's try again? Yeah? Sure? Why not?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: How do you feel about him today?
Speaker 3: Like when you watch it, is it like triggering or like fondness or do you think he's cute?
Speaker 1: Like what do you feel the same as always, I have no feelings at all.
Speaker 4: I pushed it down. I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's got to be something there. I don't know. I think it was three years. We weren't supposed to be together. We had a lot in common mentally, I know Jen's gonna be like what he's satisfied me. He had a great humor. We loved independent films, we loved shopping, and you know, he had a great design taste.
Speaker 4: So there were a lot of things.
Speaker 1: About him that I liked that people wouldn't get from watching him on the show. He's very artsy and just he was young and became and didn't want to commit to the boss's daughter.
Speaker 4: And yet I just kept going, well, that's the we all did that. I know.
Speaker 3: Did he continue acting after this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I always get defensive.
Speaker 1: Someone the other day was like, oh, he quit acting, right, and I was like, no, no, No, he's doing really well. He does a lot of independent films. He was just announcing Deadline doing something with it with Mickey Rourke.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good casting him.
Speaker 1: And he does a lot of he didn't move back to Philadelphia, but he does a lot of movies out of New York.
Speaker 4: He's married, he is he finally committed and got married.
Speaker 2: Wow. Well, I know way more about Vincent Young than I ever.
Speaker 4: Did or ever wanted to. You're welcome, you guys.
Speaker 2: Can we please talk about the episode now?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: Episode ten of season eight, Child of the Night, Umber twelve nineteen ninety seven synopsis.
Speaker 1: Donna and Noah share a lip block on the doc. Erica McKay is back working the block. Valerie is drowning and anger. David just drowning in debt. Brandon won't reveal his source. The DA dishes a threat. Steve has caught in Jody's pregnancy drama. But even Sanders can't handle two baby mamas.
Speaker 3: Which storyline do you guys like the least? Let's start with that one, Oh good aby c and d Steve's vals, No Steve, which one?
Speaker 2: Kellie driving a van by.
Speaker 3: The way, I literally was like, where'd she get that van? It's that other lady's van, remember, And then Don is in there with you. And you've become an expert now on spotting ladies of the Evening.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I've seen so many I mean.
Speaker 3: Those storyline and first of all, Erica's not. And thank you to all our followers who actually kind of agree with us that this very dumb storyline Okay they could, they did not get mad at us for saying it. Thank happy, Thank goodness. Also, Toy doesn't know that we're doing a brady bunch of rewatched you and I I.
Speaker 4: Mean you guys talk about it when I'm on like every single time. So, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Mine, It's mine the pocket watch, Like she's gonna give that girl the pocket watch her brother Dylan Gate, Like there's so many things that I'm like, this is not happening.
Speaker 2: I would have to be honest. I was trying to brush my hair when this episode was on, and I was really tangled, so I couldn't focus. What did he get the watch back?
Speaker 3: She says, She So I think Erica keeps it at the end because Brandon says he'd want you to have it.
Speaker 4: There's some kind of toy.
Speaker 1: I would tell you where this storyline comes from. So my dad did a movie of the week, one of the early ones called Lee of the Night.
Speaker 4: Oh, and like it's coming back to me, Linda Pearl, do I have this right? Do you remember to say?
Speaker 3: First of all, you mean Patrick Duffy's girlfriend. I loved there together. There's nothing better than the fact that Linda Pearl has ended up with Patrick Duffy.
Speaker 4: I'm going to tell you that name.
Speaker 1: So it was a really big TV movie at the time, and that's where I don't know.
Speaker 4: Someone must have been like, remember that TV movie you did Let's.
Speaker 1: Little Ladies one of the Night, Little Ladies of the Night, which he then went on to do a male version which starred your ex husband Peter Fatchanelle.
Speaker 2: Little Little Fellas of the Night.
Speaker 4: Yes, what was that called?
Speaker 2: H Little Boys of the Night? Uh?
Speaker 4: Can I say that this was in.
Speaker 3: Nineteen seventy seven that Aaron Spelling did Little Ladies of the Night starring Linda Pearl and lou Gossipt Junior.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 4: Wow, And for some reason I don't know, were movies of the night, movies of the night, movies of the week not done. Then it was a really big deal and did really well. And I think people were.
Speaker 2: When it was like it wasn't just a movie of the night. It was like a special.
Speaker 3: It's probably an event, yeah, yeah movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It wasn't like the run of the mill, like Women in Peril, like oh, we got a lifetime movie here once a week. It was like a big event. You're right.
Speaker 3: Pretty young Haley Atkins runs away from her oblivious father Frank and jealous stepmother Marilyn, arriving in Los Angeles, ending up on Hollywood Boulevard. She's befriended by prostitute Maureen, who eventually turns out Haley as part of Maureene's pimps, Comfort Stable, whoa took a dark.
Speaker 2: Turn comfort Stable. Wow wait wait, okay, so you're saying this was something that your dad, it was brought to him that he it sparked interest in him. He wanted to explore this Ladies in the Night Underworld. It's not fit for me.
Speaker 1: I'm sad, Hey, guys, you know, like going back, I did this, you know, movie of the week. Let's bring this somehow into nine o two and zero or if John Eisendrat was like Hairen, like remember that we could do this?
Speaker 3: Can I also say that Vic Taybach, star of Alice, was also in this? Was he mil Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: Do you remember watching it? I've never seen this, as much as I.
Speaker 1: Would like to say I have, I do, I mean not watching it, but I remember my dad, you know, looking at dailies and stuff, and I was really young. I had no idea what it was about, except I thought Linda Pearl was super.
Speaker 4: Do you guys want to even guess how many people watched it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Back then nineteen seventy seven? Was it ABC?
Speaker 4: Is that correct? Okay? Just take a guess. Not that many people have had TVs. Well, yes they did, Ye'll take it.
Speaker 2: I think millions in the million.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, give a guess. Ooh twenty million.
Speaker 3: Gosh, very close, twenty six million. Twenty six million.
Speaker 2: People like that's because tell them why Amy?
Speaker 4: There was no other TV.
Speaker 3: There were three networks, so it was like a big old deal.
Speaker 1: Was it Monday Nights they aired back then or is that something that came later? What you were how Monday Nights? That was the movie of Oh I can't see what networks to night.
Speaker 3: It was, but I can see that it beat Helter Skelter well, and then it was it was beat by the day after.
Speaker 2: He wants to watch Helter Skelter.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, the day after My dad did that as well. He did that thing. Wow, that traumatized me, scary. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, okay, So going back, you're saying that this storyline is brought from that movie.
Speaker 1: Correct, No one told me this, but you guys, I can you're guestimating. I'm guessing it's the exact same storyline, just modernized a bit.
Speaker 2: It's the storyline of any hooker storyline basically.
Speaker 4: I know. But it's called the Child of the Night. His movie is called Ladies of the Night.
Speaker 3: I thought it was maybe like also Pretty Women? When did Pretty Woman come out? By the way, sorry to correct you, but your dad was not the producer of the Day After?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Wait are you sure? Day one? That's not the day after? Day After? Like playing the Day After? Was the was a different thing. But that's okay? Sorry? Uh when was Pretty Woman? That was like nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 3: So maybe this was sort of a combination of the Pretty Woman.
Speaker 4: Success ninety with Little Ladies of the Evening I'm gonna go with no hard now, just the Little Ladies of the Night. Yes, I'm a guarantee it. I mean it tracks?
Speaker 2: Does it track? Do you like this storyline?
Speaker 4: No? No, it's terrible.
Speaker 2: I don't really get that.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, you guys, it's not our show.
Speaker 2: She's staying on the cast. Is there something redeeming about her?
Speaker 3: I think she has a couple more episodes, Lorraine, can you look up how many she has? I just think, once again, we've tied up something with a bow in two episodes. That's like traumatizing a Yeah, but is there really a bow?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: Riggs is gonna come after Brandon. Now I think so, yeah, well, this is definitely not our show.
Speaker 3: We've also got too much of this going because we've got Rigs and The Loan Shark. It's like we've got two of these going, guys, And I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, looking at this show with all these storylines, could you compare it to what show it is reminiscent of?
Speaker 4: If not nine or two now during this time.
Speaker 2: Or TJ Hooker, I didn't watch TV back during this time.
Speaker 3: I did, what you what is it reminding you of something I don't want to watch?
Speaker 4: Like Hill Street Blue?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Like it's I got it.
Speaker 1: I see it's I don't know if I'm a girl in my twenties, which, hey, I was a girl in my twenties, this isn't the stuff I want to watch.
Speaker 4: I want to say, it's more voy skewed.
Speaker 1: I want to say, it's like it's a drama without the fun fluff.
Speaker 2: Like or the like juicy loveness. They're like, you know, cute outfits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want it's also negative, Jenny. It makes such a good point. It's like we've got this, We've got the Loan Shark, We've got the only sort of highlight is Donna and Noah, and yet it's still kind of like dramatic you're seeing with David.
Speaker 4: Just it's just it's, you know, Dawson's Creek didn't do this stuff, Gossip Girl didn't do this.
Speaker 2: What it is, you know what it is, it's older men writing. And you've said it before and you're so right. It's it's some older men's idea of what this teen drama should have been about, and they are not the same.
Speaker 4: Like, you know what, I'm even okay with soapy stuff, but this isn't even soapy stuff. It's exactly right, and.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't have been soapy stuff because our audience wasn't soapy. They were They just wanted real teen things and you know, interactions between their favorite group of people, and they wanted to learn things from these characters. But they didn't want to see the CD side of LA.
Speaker 3: I know, yeah, I never thought I'd say I miss the crab cakes flying into the you know at that weird gala party.
Speaker 4: It's like that sort of better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would take the do do like Jason, you know, yeah, fun line like stories.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it's just my dad wanted.
Speaker 1: To create TV to give people an escapism from their lives, and I feel like watching this particular episode or some of the previous.
Speaker 4: Ones on a Wednesday night makes you bummed. It's depressing. It's not like, oh my gosh, feel better.
Speaker 1: I'm like taking out of my life into this world for one hour and that's a that's a bummer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not like, what's going to happen my favorite character anymore? It's going to get It's like, I don't know what's going to happen. Who are they going to bring on this week?
Speaker 3: Well, and all the punching I don't like that, like punching David.
Speaker 4: Like on the ground. I don't. It's like, why am I watching a fistfight? Yuh because men like that? And then why am I watching that girl?
Speaker 3: I mean, I get it, it's done realistically, but that girls all beat up and it's just like calling nine one one and then Riggs comes in.
Speaker 4: It's just like dark.
Speaker 1: Dark, It's like n cis no what is it? It's one of those shows.
Speaker 2: Wait, is n cis Mates Murder? She wrote? That's how I with.
Speaker 4: A little bit of Maury Povich. Who's the daddy.
Speaker 3: Worry? She wrote?
Speaker 2: Is this girl pregnant or I mean there's a twist.
Speaker 4: Here, right, I mean, it's so weird.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like I can I believe her same at all.
Speaker 3: And I feel like he I'm very confused by, like Steve being like, it's not mine? Is it mine?
Speaker 4: It's not mine.
Speaker 3: It's like, I kept going take a paternity test, dude, what is your problem?
Speaker 4: Just one test? And he's like, I don't want to spend one thousand dollars for a thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: Is that what it costs?
Speaker 3: I have no idea, but like that seems the logical solve.
Speaker 1: It's so wait, do you think he won't take a test because maybe he's afraid?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, if you're I mean he was with her thousand percent.
Speaker 4: He's like, I am not the dad. We had protection?
Speaker 2: No, but then you see shades of didn't we didn't we have protection?
Speaker 3: Well, and then she says they did. So I'm assuming we're supposed to think, like, oops, there was an air.
Speaker 4: In the condom? Didn't dancy little hole did she put there? Is she going to be a bad character or she just? Like how episodes are we stuck with her?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I kind of when she was talking to Carly. I was like, you know what, I actually believe this girl, Jodie and Steve together more than I believe Carly.
Speaker 3: And so that's interesting. Jenny, I was like, they make.
Speaker 2: A perfect couple. Actually let him go, let them have a baby and go off with their lives.
Speaker 3: What did we forget? This thing's so messy? And then Valerie sneaking into the boat and once again sabotaging, Like I'm real sick of her.
Speaker 4: I gotta say.
Speaker 3: She comes in the boat, she's like, it's like she has amnesia that she forgot that she's the one who screwed over Noah because she wanted the rich guy. Then he does, she makes the dinner. He's very polite about it. Let me walk you out like this that's happening, like.
Speaker 2: Sleeves cut off of that shirt which I couldn't handle. Fair fair look like he came off with Gillian's eye. He's being so gentlemanly. I have to say, like, he's not he's not the angry type. He's just very like, hey, this isn't gonna because he's it's definitely done with her, like in his mind.
Speaker 4: Correct, He's like, you really no option? Mistreated me. Let me walk you out.
Speaker 3: So then here comes Donna, Hey, good guy, and then Valerie with her stink eye, and then she has to go and she can never take the high road. She can never see in her own self. I'm the one who screwed the up. So then she goes to David. Oh your girlfriends, Mike think.
Speaker 2: She always says when she goes to Brandon.
Speaker 4: I just remember what happens. I know what's coming. Oh god, it's my favorite word. And she's gonna go after me.
Speaker 2: Oh god, wait, I thought she was already going after you and your business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's already doing it. No, but something happens in the future, like murder.
Speaker 2: Murder. I'm just so excited. What's gonna happen. No, I don't think murder.
Speaker 4: It had costs a Walsh.
Speaker 2: It doesn't get I don't think it gets any better. Hold on, But I'm confused about one thing with Carly and Jody.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I know nobody cares about this.
Speaker 4: But no I do.
Speaker 2: Actually, Carly says to Jody she wants she has her over to talk to her about it, and she does a solid for Steve apparently, But then she said, do you agree with this, and Carly says, no.
Speaker 3: Right, because Carly thinks she should keep that that that lady should.
Speaker 4: Keep the baby.
Speaker 2: Why because she kept her baby, okay.
Speaker 4: Even though the father's not involved.
Speaker 2: She's like, so what's right for you is right for everybody?
Speaker 1: Okay, Right they did. I don't a problem with that. I think Carly's a lot softer now. I like her a bit more the character. But I just thought like, it was so like you can't tell someone like it was too hard.
Speaker 3: More of a problem with telling that woman what to do. Nobody was bothered by that. Well you can do this or you could give it up for adoption.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, that's just talking to Kenny.
Speaker 2: But then what did he say? He said something to Carly about like no, yes to Carly about her her baby daddy and said what choice did he have? So it's the flip side of the male's choice right to choose what she does with her body and subsequently the baby. But he's saying, this is the male perspective, where's our choice? That gets real, gets royal sticky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Carly telling him he has options of being a dad.
Speaker 4: There's variations of being fans on dad.
Speaker 3: It was like she was trying with that, but then it was also like you did this, dude, if you're the dad step up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's giving me weird vibes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like why are we doing this? That's my thing is like why are we doing this? On top of the loan shark, on top of the little ladies of the evening, on top of like Valerie up to her antics.
Speaker 4: It's just like, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, if I had to guess, it was to try to weave a storyline with Stephen Carly and call it back to her being a single mom. And now this is happening with him and this woman. They're trying to give them something, which is giving them nothing at all.
Speaker 3: How about that woman saying she was gonna throw a Brandon in jail if he didn't reveal his source.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something real. That house's so hot behind bars.
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, he definitely got a tear drop right here, DoD One, you know what I'm talking about. So yeah, I don't know. I feel I feel like the whole lady stocking Brandon. Now the what's she called? The doesn't have anything better to do, but come to this, it's da lady, The da is gonna knock knock, knock on.
Speaker 3: I looked it is possible to require the press to reveal confidential sources, particularly in federal cases, although forty nine states and DC have shield laws or court recognized privileges protecting journalists.
Speaker 2: Hm hm hmm. So he's really caught in the crosshairs, is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: He's really become a journalist too, like he was.
Speaker 3: I thought the Beverly beat was just like what's on sale at Barney's.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's it's hard to really hard. He's on the beat, he's on the street catching the beat. Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 4: No, I like that.
Speaker 3: I I could stand to be done with a lot of these storylines.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And I feel like I don't. Kelly is just no fun anymore.
Speaker 4: And she's always so combative to Brandon.
Speaker 1: It's like he's so hot storylines.
Speaker 4: She can't have fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, she can't have fun.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: It's like, God, what twenty two year olds are dealing with all this?
Speaker 4: That is my question.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know very many twenty two year olds that are, first of all, even like dealing with any of this, Nor are they like getting the most investigative journalistic story on like prostitution in La and the Beverly Beat like.
Speaker 4: Feels like the La Times. Maybe it's like a fortyeven year old show. I don't know. And they just gave you the van that seemed weird. It's like, is she licensed to drive that van?
Speaker 2: You don't have to have a special license to drive a van.
Speaker 4: Insurance?
Speaker 2: Oh maybe maybe maybe the insurance? Are you covered by the Does she work PAM for now?
Speaker 4: I think so? I guess you do.
Speaker 2: Is that what happens that she goes eases into her I'm such.
Speaker 3: It was a very pretty woman when that when Donna goes, it sounds it seems like he's asking for directions because that's literally what happened in Pretty Woman.
Speaker 4: So there was a hint of pretty woman in there.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is grossing me out now that we're talking about it. I need to like the people that wrote this, the people that wrote this, and the people that wrote this I'm just now grossing out about, like why why.
Speaker 4: Why are you proved though, like that's.
Speaker 2: This is not this is not right for the show.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like the network was just like whatever.
Speaker 3: You guys want, like because you need get that big as you were.
Speaker 2: Do you think the.
Speaker 4: Network's it's like, yeah, do it, it's fine? Why no?
Speaker 2: No, I think they would be more attuned to maybe keeping it on.
Speaker 4: I don't know, so I'm asking you.
Speaker 2: Guys, will don't.
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Can we talk about Scott Wolf? I love them.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a show about like family and connections and there's no darkness, though there's no raper rapistiding in that.
Speaker 3: I think, first of all, I think Bailey became an alcoholic if I'm I don't remember how that happens, and like their parents died, uh huh, it started dark, but it's still were you more Matthew Fox or Scott Wolf?
Speaker 4: I was gonna see them?
Speaker 2: I never the Fox parties, No, I've never.
Speaker 4: I was just I was still with Jeremy London.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jeremy, good good one to good, well done.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what to say about this. I don't know what to Wait.
Speaker 2: Who saved David Noah Tory?
Speaker 3: Obviously Noah your boyfriend's boyfriend. That's why he gave that glare from the jeep, the red topless jeep, like his usual like. First of all, he came with the glass, remember he shatters the glass and get out of here with the glass, and then obviously he knows David's in trouble. He also knows who's been kissing his girlfriend, and so now he's going to save the day and steal the girl.
Speaker 4: Hello, that's actually the only storyline I like. I actually like the storyline. Okay, I was confused. There's literally again.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's no literally nothing else to talk about about this episode. There's nothing.
Speaker 4: We're totally going through it one more time.
Speaker 2: I'm trying people like.
Speaker 3: The apartment where Rigs comes in.
Speaker 2: What would that be called the.
Speaker 3: By the way, though, can we talk about the first of all, we did talk for you to talk about jail when they go to jail, and the guy just like, let's you guys take her. But can we talk about the other girl's amazing leopard jacket?
Speaker 4: Like the styling on that was.
Speaker 3: I was like, can I just have her leopard jacket?
Speaker 2: See, that's what we want to see totally like what would a lady of the evening wear leopard?
Speaker 4: And then it was like, can I just find that?
Speaker 2: Sign me up?
Speaker 4: Totally.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I wonder where that jacket was do you think she was asked to bring in her own Yes.
Speaker 3: No, I think some stylist styled those ladies of the Evening but didn't really you know, gave him like couture.
Speaker 2: No. I think they brought their own clothes in.
Speaker 3: Oh really, like what speaking parts have to bring their own clothes?
Speaker 2: Speaking parts? I mean, what did you just call them speaking part?
Speaker 3: Speaking parts in the background actor like that girl had a lot to do talkies.
Speaker 2: She's in the talkie.
Speaker 4: Moving mouse to sound.
Speaker 3: Come guys, I don't think that those two parts. I feel like the stylist clothed them. It was so specific, and they had to have the makeup to look beat up.
Speaker 2: I don't know, probably windows.
Speaker 3: I would love that leopard jacket.
Speaker 1: Anyone out there, if you know where that leopard jacket is, imagine this actress.
Speaker 4: Wait, who is this actress?
Speaker 3: Well, and it's not the one playing Erica. It's the friend of Erica that got like beat up the.
Speaker 4: Home co stars.
Speaker 2: Julie. Is that her name?
Speaker 3: Probably Julie. You know what it's gonna happen. It's like I want to purge this episode from my mind, Like that's the thing.
Speaker 4: Do it to do this?
Speaker 3: And now I'm like I'm kind of done with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to all delete all.
Speaker 4: Because it's just like, I don't know a six. I do love a good mel Silver parents.
Speaker 2: Every time I've had I was thinking, how many times have we seen this exact moment from Melsilver?
Speaker 3: What that's giving the money? I wanted him to go like, you've squandered your inheritance.
Speaker 2: Your grandpa. It gives him that look of disturbed disdain and is like and then we cut into a new scene.
Speaker 3: And then we have the scene where he gives Toy the money, Donna the money, and Donna's very like, I don't want I will take the money, but I will not give you forgiveness.
Speaker 1: That scene really bothered me. Why because I felt like.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is very dramatic, and I'm doing a good job.
Speaker 1: If I say it really quietly, Yeah this is me.
Speaker 2: I quite liked it.
Speaker 4: I liked it too. I actually thought you did do.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 1: You were quiet, something she's never said ever. Well, I like that, I'm quiet. Oh you know you miss me? Oh yes, no, I looking at myself. I don't remember this, but I know for a fact that I was like, I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to drive this scene home dramatically.
Speaker 2: I felt it.
Speaker 3: I actually feel like you did. I'm not even being like sarcastic about it. I actually think you did.
Speaker 2: Was that a choice? Was that a director's like, hey, let's try to have that quiet strong now, don't raise your voice.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like I was nervous with that scene because you know, I always when it was comedy, I was always really confident.
Speaker 4: When it was drama.
Speaker 1: It was like in my head from Outsiders when I was young, being like, she can't act because she's Sarah's Bone's daughter. So I was always nervous. Even through the entire ten years. Any drama scene gave me anxiety that I wasn't good enough or worthy enough.
Speaker 2: My god, you must have lived in constant anxiety then, because you were on a drama.
Speaker 4: Have you met me? He wasn't a comedy, Yes, yeah, so I know that during that I don't I don't remember now. I'm sure he wouldn't have given any direction. I just know that I was here's what I should do, quote unquote in order to make this real? So silly, So I liked it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do we have next week? Well, okay, you gave it a six amy tour.
Speaker 4: You gave it a six. Give it a four. Oh, I was low.
Speaker 2: I was going to get a five, maybe a four.
Speaker 1: You're right, I'm going to give it a three four for those booty shorts in the walk in the boat up the boat that I.
Speaker 2: Hear a little one butche hanging out a.
Speaker 1: Little bit Jen like you know, I was probably like, oh my god, he's looking here. You're like, dude, you do but first now I'm doing the wah my god, I give this deal.
Speaker 2: Knowing you.
Speaker 1: Yes, I got extreme pleasure out of that next episode. Deadline. Oh no, it's not paper.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 2: What's gonna happen? You guys, what's gonna happen? We are only on episode eleven? Do we jump shark? Do we just? Does? Omg?
Speaker 3: The podcast just like we're going to keep going into this because we've got the Brady Bunch to talk about too.
Speaker 4: So it's fine.
Speaker 2: That is not I don't know if that's enough to keep me.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's hall fun to talk about bad episodes than good ones.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie, like, if you're listening, keep listening, like, yeah, talk about stuff and we can make of it. The red Jeep, he's so menacing.
Speaker 3: In his Red Wrangler, so dumb like gives that guy a better car to be tough guy in.
Speaker 2: Well, that's our that's our homework. Yeah, to watch.
Speaker 3: I don't mind watching it. It's still very joyful for me.
Speaker 2: Just say, this one really got to the bottom of the barrel of my of my joy. Barrel's hard to get through. Yep. I gotta be honest.
Speaker 4: I didn't find that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't. There was no beach, there was no like. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Just I'm reading what next week is about and it seems to be the same.
Speaker 4: As this same episode.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: I thought. I thought so too.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should just do it too fer well, too late.
Speaker 4: Now I've been watch it. Guys, let's be positive. Let's be positive season eight.
Speaker 2: Keep me, bring us up Amy here, that's what you're here for. Come on, all right, everybody listening. We love you. I hope you're week is better than this episode.
Speaker 4: Well said