Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, arm Strong and Getty, en He Armstrong and Getty. According to The New York Times.
Speaker 2: Bill Belichick used to make his girlfriend Jordan Hudson wear red pants so he could spot her in the crowd. No wonder he kept trying to have sex with Travis.
Speaker 1: Kelcey Man, never ending jokes. You're an old, fat rich man. You date a girl fifty years younger than you, and all of a sudden, you're a sport for people's comedy. Yeah, that's cruelty, you know, Just get alive. Now.
Speaker 3: She is told at least a couple of people Jack that they are engaged.
Speaker 1: Do we have? And has that been substantiate? It has not been.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: They confirmed it on Thursday last time we're on the air on CNN, But I don't. I haven't followed up because who cares.
Speaker 3: But of course, if I was an attractive young woman who was a precious metal extractor sometimes called a gold digger, I could absolutely see saying to people were practically engaged, Yeah, we're it's definitely we're unofficially engaged and stuff, just trying to sink the claws.
Speaker 1: In a little deeper. Everybody said it wants preying up? Who wants preying up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So Kanye, Kanye, who's in rehab by the way, We got to talk about that later. Kanye ended a rehab over the weekend, apologized never endingly on Twitter, to the point that Elon kicked him off Twitter again. But to eat Kanye's at one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars a month rehab something like it. I don't know an iota about it. I will bring you up to speak completely, don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know where to get better Kanye coverage here, I guess so I thought this was interesting. There are a couple of Oh, stay tuned. In just a few minutes, I'll reveal to you who will be running for president in twenty twenty eight on both.
Speaker 1: Sides, Yes, I do so, stay tuned. Is Trump beautiful?
Speaker 3: But it's just absolutely beyond question that the Democratic Party is in hell of a state. They don't know who they are, they don't know who to follow. For a third time, I don't know if the nation can handle that. The three peat? Good lord, what a nightmare, that would be, but they are their leader. Listen Rudderless. The only energy in the party is the Bernie aoc wing, which is ridiculous. They're running away from a lot of the policies that again have provided the energy. Defund the police, dei, anti white, anti mail, the rest of it. They're in a hell of a state. So a couple of things. Number one, this from the New York Times. Six months later. Democrats are still searching for the path forward, and they talk to a variety of experts, including this one gal who runs focus groups, which may be one of my least favorite aspects of modern society. That leaf blowers, focus groups and leaf bears both horrible. God, I got my son started on this now the other.
Speaker 1: But but what was one of the morning's beautiful day We're sitting out in the backyard, the palm tree in the pool, and it couldn't be it's like a resort, beautiful. It couldn't be leaf blower down the street, right, And so like fifteen houses have to be subjected to this. And I always want to say, I just want to say, if you turn that off, I can't hear you can speak up. If you turn that off so I can enjoy the piece and quiet. I'll come over and rake your leaves. It'll take me like twenty minutes. I'll come out and rank your leaves later. I love you. Watch this. The guy standing there, got one leaf on the lawn. Just looking at that leaf.
Speaker 3: He's gonna stand there and they will read that things one stage.
Speaker 1: To get that one.
Speaker 3: He could bend over and pick it up. He could rake it, he could kick it. He could do but no, but no, he's gonna stand there with his freaking blower. Is there anything in society so ubiquitous and so ubiquitously hate it as the leaf blower? I despise them. You know it'll never get done. But in our just in our neighborhood, our development, two days a week, even three days a week, I'll settle. I'll start it to I'll settle for three three days a week. You can freaking blow leaves all right. The other four days.
Speaker 1: No, or everybody time the gardeners the same day, which would be roughly what you're doing. But it seems like now people go out of their way to time it. Let's make sure there's a leaf blower going on one of these houses every day, right, and like, and.
Speaker 3: You've got an hour shift, You've got eight to nine am. Mondays, all right, let's take it nine to ten am on Monday.
Speaker 1: Who's okay? Excellent?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know it's just a scene. So anyway, this woman does not run a leafblower. She runs focus groups, and after about two hundred and fifty of them of swing voters, some patterns have emerged. She likes to ask the folks to compare the major parties to animals. What animal is the Republican Party? Most like, how about the Democrats? And she said Republicans are seen as apex predators like lions, tigers and sharks, beasts that take what they want when they wanted. Democrats are typically tagged as tortoises, slugs or sloths, slow, plotting, and passive. One guy said, yeah, more like a deer in the headlights. But I thought that was an interesting method of trying to figure out what was going on.
Speaker 1: But it goes on and on, various study groups and experts and.
Speaker 3: All trying to figure out why the Democratic Party is so lost.
Speaker 1: Yes, Democrats got to be a scavenger of some sort. You're eating off of something that somebody else hunted and killed. Wow, that's a good one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and they talk about the trends of working class folks, men, white people, whatever, going away from the Democratic Party and it becoming just a cluster of hyper educated women and in a way that I think we've all noticed, fear and anxiety. There's one more thing I wanted to mention, Oh, the gender gap. It's swinging more and more in the favor of Republicans.
Speaker 1: For your ideological.
Speaker 3: Debates over policies, whether to push for a stricter stand on immigration, defend transgender rights less forcefully, or embrace anti corporate populism, are already playing out on Capitol Hill, et cetera. So they just they have no idea what they're doing. They're gathering at luxury hotels and spending tons of money trying to figure out how to win back working class voters. Oh, here it is. I knew there was one more thing. And one of the things that they're pitching, I'll tell you how it get back working class voters. Use the latinex a lot or Hertstree, Hertstree. Talk about Hertstreet, you know in our nation's Hurtstree, and teach little girls they can become boys. With just a little bit of surgery and some powerful hormones. We will carve up your body and turn you into a boy. Keep preaching that anyway. So various people were pitching various projects. One was a new twenty million dollar effort aimed to have reversed the erosion of democratic support among young men, especially online. It is coded code named SAM, short for Speaking with American Men, a strategic plan and promises investment to quote study the syntax, language and content that gains attention and virality in these spaces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds like a lot of fancy words and smart people who couldn't pick up on young men don't dig the whole trans restrooms thing or constantly being blamed for everything that's wrong.
Speaker 3: Ah, they do mentioned quote above all. We must shift from a moralizing tone, no way. Yeah, browbeating people constantly that they're bad unless they go along with your ridiculous radical ideology.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that tends to piss people off. It wears them out. So here you go. Red and Wall Street Journal a profile of a man who is so clearly posturing himself to run for president. It is unmistakable not Gavy Newsome, not Josh Shapiro. Very very smart, very savvy, very moderate Ram Emmanuel hm Obama's former chief of staff, mayor of Chicago. He is very very smart, and he has been unmistakably anti woke, right, and he has the spine and the verbal talents to take on the AOC crowd and put him in their place, and would have no trouble doing it. Yeah, lost, he lost his finger at an RB's. I feel like that's a strike against him. But he's going to have to explain that to America because he was working. He was a young, hard working teenager trying to get ahead in this great country.
Speaker 1: Everybody else was running the sliced beef machine and didn't lose their fingers. But hey, you live and you learn.
Speaker 3: So he is direct about what he thinks Democrats need to win the national elections.
Speaker 1: Again. Party wrong. When you point the finger at someone else, he got three and a half fingers pointing back at you. Wow, just let me know when you're done.
Speaker 3: I'll continue on with some solid analysis America's electoral politics.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: He he called the party's brand toxic and weak and woke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: He'll be the headliner at a September fish fry for Democrats in Iowa.
Speaker 1: I'd be rooting for him. He must really like Iowa fish. I hope he runs at the very least in the nomination fight to take on you know, Gavin Newsom in his crap.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be Rama Manuel versus. And I'm less certain about this one. Marco Rubio, who I believe will be more appealing to the American people than JD. Vans because the band is my prediction. People mark my words, mark them. People can't vote for a president with a beard.
Speaker 1: Uh No.
Speaker 3: I think the beard's fine, and the whole mangled finger is also fine. It's it's a question of policy and connecting with people.
Speaker 1: But it would be got Cham.
Speaker 3: I'm not freaking Gavin, although watching him torn apart by the electorate and the media will be great fun.
Speaker 1: So there's a big Supreme Court breaking news story right now. We're headed into the time of the year, you know, in June, where they announce all their big cases and then run out the door so nobody can ask him any questions. But we've we've got one ruling that has come down today. I want to get back into Russia, Ukraine. At some point Wall Street Journal editorye with the big statement, Lindsey Graham with a major statement about it. And this could be a turning point in the whole war. Lots of stuff to talk about. Hope you can stay here.
Speaker 5: Video of President McCaw and his wife Brigitte pushing his face as they land in Vietnam is going viral. Later, mccaorn appears to offer his arm, but Francis first Lady wants to hold the railing instead. The ADZ Palace initially denied anything unusual had happened, calling it a moment of togetherness and playful teasing in a statement.
Speaker 1: See I bought that originally when I watched the video the door opens on the plane. You got the President of France, McCrone getting shoved in the face by his wife, and you see it, and then he sees that the doors open the cameras on a big smile. I originally bought the idea because I've known people who are like that. I've not been in that relationship, but I've known people who like she might playfully push him like that. Sure, yeah, and it's no big deal. The fact that he offered her his arm as they headed down the stairs, and she just stared straight ahead and didn't take it. That means that was not some sort of playful push. They were actually having an argument.
Speaker 3: To me body language segment, Yeah, absolutely true.
Speaker 1: I watched it. I had no doubt. Yeah, she was pissed. She has pissed off at him. Yeah, how very French of him surrender to his old wife. Anyway, this headline last week, I was worried about reading. It turned out to be a nothing jurors a ditty trial, learn of the disgusting way he likes his burgers. Ex employs testify, and given everything that has come out of the ditty trial, I thought, oh my god, what does he put on his burgers? What does he make people do? And then the the Levins, I thought this is gonna be this is gonna be so gross. But no, he likes apple sauce on his burgers, which is kind of weird and I've never heard of that. I wouldn't call it. Given the context of the trial and some really disgusting things that are happening, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Call it a smon beating rapist. That's the The apple sauce is not the disgusting poll.
Speaker 1: On their yurinination has played a role. I mean, there's all lots of disgusting things in this trial. Apple sauce in your burgers doesn't count as disgusting in that context. It's odd. I haven't tried it. I'm not like it. Also breaking news last week, the penny is finally going away sometime next year. The penny they will make the last penny at the us Men. The us Men has placed its final order for penny blanks will stop producing the coin when those run out early next year, marking the beginning of the end of the oldest continually printed money piece in America, the Treasury announced last week. I just think this is such a good example of why can only Trump do some things like this? Why is that.
Speaker 3: He just lacks everybody else's tendency toward inertia. Inertia plays a huge role in government. You know, we've talked about it. You start a program, it's forever. But we start a bureaucracy. All it does is grow.
Speaker 1: But whether it's something important, like now, Jerusalem is a capital of Israel. Everybody treats that's in the capitol. From now on, it's the capital. Whether it's that that every president in my lifetime has said they were gonna do but didn't because focus groups are think tanks or whatever. He doesn't. And then the penny, which is not important, but just everybody's talked about it. But what are you afraid you'd be blamed by history or something. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It just seems so crazy to me, or that, you know, commerce would come to a halt or something. It's absurd when you think about it. I mean, because way back in the day in England they had the haypenny frequently or probably featured in the Christmas is Coming the Goose is Getting Fat song, know that one. There's no hay penny anymore. You know why, because that's an absurdly small denomination of money. Given the current value of the pound or the dollar in this.
Speaker 1: Case, there's no reason for it. Likewise, the penny.
Speaker 3: If the penny existed when a dollar could buy you a horse, the penny.
Speaker 1: Should not exist.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: It's an absurdly small denomination, sure, obviously, and has been for quite some time. And then with the most recent inflation it just took it to the next level. Plus you got the fact that it costs three cents to make a penny, which is dumb. It makes it costs like seven cents to make a nickel. There's talk of doing away with the nickel. I don't know, yeah, boy, nickels probably what a penny was not that long ago.
Speaker 3: If you were to start right now and say to people, all right, here's what you can buy for a dollar, you know, various examples of it, and it wouldn't be much, and said, the smallest increment we're going to have is a tenth of a dollar.
Speaker 1: So what can it dollar buy? It like a candy bar?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't often have a dollar in my mitt looking to buy something, So I don't know if I go to the dollar store a fair amount because my son really likes him. So give me, give me an example. What can you buy for a dollar? A variety of cheap, plastic, crappy things that are worth while.
Speaker 3: Ye, So the smallest denomination we're gonna have is one tenth of what it takes to buy a cheap, crappy plastic whatever. People will say, Yeah, that's that's plenty small, that's plenty fine enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dime is where, Yeah, the dime should probably be the smallest denomination, and we actually do okay on the dime in terms of it's about a break even of what it costs to make a dime, right. And I was shocked the other day.
Speaker 3: I did an inflation calculator from I think was the eighties to the present day, and it was I don't remember the number, and I don't want to mislead, but it was multiples. It was not like, wow, this is a third or less everybody's more expensive. No, it's like quadruple.
Speaker 1: Everybody should do that to have a really realistic view of what your salary is or what your house costs or whatever, compared to like when you were a kid and aware of those things.
Speaker 3: It's shocking coming up some impactful, important stories about the world. Plus, is it better to shower in the morning or at night? There is a clear answer from science. Okay, Well, that was us MIT talk. We'll see you next two day.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Of US high school students reported feeling sad or hopeless in twenty twenty three, and twenty percent had seriously considered attempting suicide.
Speaker 1: I appreciated that Meet the Press on Sunday did not go with the usual news of the day, particularly around Donald Trump. They went with the crisis that we've talked about a lot and should be treated like a crisis, that people are lonelier than ever, young people are killing themselves and taking medications to deal with anxiety, and all of the blah blah blah. We know all this stuff as being like a lead story, which it is should be a lead story, the lead story every week. B this is what Trump did yesterday for the cynical about these people.
Speaker 3: I wonder whether they're doing that for the right reason or if their ratings are just dropping off with never ending Trump hysteria. But anyway, back to the very very important topic.
Speaker 1: Let's hear a little more from Christian Walker of Meet the Press laying out some of the facts here.
Speaker 6: The mental health crisis in America is impacting young people in profound ways, and public health officials say it is an emergency. Two thirds of gen z report feelings of loneliness, and half of young adults report symptoms of anxiety and depression. Youth suicide rates are climbing. It is now one of the leading causes of death in adolescents and young adults. Almost one in five young adults report rarely or never receiving the social support they need. In our super connected times, over fifty five million US adults report frequent loneliness. The smartphones and social media apps that connect us to the world are also accelerating the crisis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all know that. That's one thing about this story. I feel like every single time we quickly get to smartphones, social media and everybody's aware of this already, there's a lot like there's not like the next sentence or the next whatever comes after that. So we should what make it? Have Superman fly around the world where really fast and turn back time to be four smartphones. If that were possible, I'd be all for it.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm trying to remember there was a great phrase by Caitlin Flanagan I think who wrote that we're drowning in the stuff.
Speaker 1: It's killing us, but we like it under the water. Ahh, that's pretty good. Yeah, that's pretty good. Now, combining a couple of things that are related and not related, I guess. So this Netflix show Adolescence that's getting a tremendous amount of attention. It's already got one hundred and fourteen million views, which is a lot compared to like regular TV shows, it's based on a horrifying story of a middle schooler boy who murdered his classmate girl. And one of the reasons it's getting a fair amount of attention by The New York Times, and Gavin Newsom talked about how he had to turn it off was horrifying, is because they present a lot of it as right wing, toxic masculinity that is caught on on social media and the Tate Brothers and that sort of stuff. But and it goes too far. All of that stuff is true, but it leaves out, you know, there's plenty on all sides of what's wrong with social media and what it's doing to people and their worldviews, especially young men. And then this story worry that also fits into what I think is this thing it became a TikTok craze, but the I think there's a lot of truth in it. It's the idea of men calling each other at night and saying, hey, just want to say good night to you. You know you're a good friend, and saying good night. And I thought that's because that's a thing that usually gets taken care of by having a girlfriend or wife or boyfriend or husband if you're gay, but you you have a relationship of somebody that's going to text you goodnight, call you good night, or is in bed next to you, and so many people don't. Now it was kind of presented as like a joke, but I could see how that could be a thing. I'm not going to do it, but I could see how that could be a thing because you're lacking that in your life. Nobody at the end of the day that says, yeah, I'm thinking about you, goodnight, miss you, something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are all very troubling elements. Right right, I'm struck by and I'm trying to find the right words. How much of this stuff is antiseptic is the closest I'm getting. What I'm what I'm driving at is online interaction, including everything that we've described so far.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna make fun of this, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: First they laugh at you, then they laugh at you more, then they really really laugh at you, but then they Hailey, who's a genius. I think that's how it ends anyway, an online relationship, porn, social media, online quote unquote friends. I remember railing about the term friends. Yeah, when Facebook first caught on, I was ahead of my time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right about that. The Yeah, the porn chick you're looking at is not going to text you miss you good night at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: But here's what just dawned on me is you're going through these things, all of those quote unquote relationships or being with those people. They have no smell, they have no taste, they have no feelings, physical sensation until the love bots come along and the rest of it. They are incredibly antiseptic, and they lack all of the like downside. All right, So you're with a girl, maybe she's got bad breath. Porn doesn't have bad breath, for instance.
Speaker 1: It all is so.
Speaker 3: Lacking in the rough and tumble of real life that I think people can no longer tolerate the rough and tumble of real life of a lover who's occasionally insensitive or has bad breath or is sweating from the gym or whatever, and friends who annoy you and stuff.
Speaker 4: Don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if those are the examples that are keeping people. I think it's the but it's easy, it's all so, I think it's the emotional effort is a is a problem. If if if there's a crowd out there, and we know that it's true. I've seen this with my own eyes, and it horrifies me. They like draw straws to see who's going to call to order the pizza because it's so intimidating that crowd's not going to ask somebody out and make the emotional risk that is getting into her relationship. I mean, I think pretty clearly true.
Speaker 3: Or fight through the inevitable part of the relationship where you realize, Okay, this person is fully human and has flaws and annoys me at times, and there are.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we're going to have to do stuff that they want to do and not just stuff I want to do. I think that's a big part of it. To go back a second, and I don't want to get a hung up on this, because the point is not any of this. The whole point is not any of the sex stuff. But apparently because I've read about this, I think I was out in the New York Post. You can, like a lot of these OnlyFans women, you can get some sort of set up with them where they text you throughout the day how's your day going, and text you at night to fulfill that particular desire. That desire is strong enough that dudes are not doing it with each other, at least according to a TikTok trend. You know, just thinking to you good night, you can pay somebody to do that. How would that look? I can't imagine getting any satisfaction from that whatsoever. Hey, you've got to delude yourself. You'd have to delude yourself. The person I'm paying just texted me to say good night. Hi, good night everybody. John Fetterman, he's mine. Yeah, uh god, that is horrifying. But I had another prink. Oh. So, the lead on Meet the Press was the Surgeon General saying a while back that we have a loneliness epidemic. It's cutting years off people's lives. It's a leading killer because because because it's all kinds of different problems. So do you think it's just flat loneliness because of all the stuff where you've just described.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think it's a it's a vicious circle of loneliness for the reasons we've been discussing. You have this antiseptic uh simulacrum, a faux relationship with various people from you know, and that you have your OnlyFans, girl, texts you thinking of you.
Speaker 1: And then you begin to think.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's the stripper saying, oh you're handsome on steroids, and people are primed to actually believe it. It's like, you know, falling in love with a damn robot. It's it's it's it's awful.
Speaker 1: God. I would say so if we're at the loneliness epidemic right when AI is taking off, and like only Fans has only been around for a few years, it just seems like the timing is the cures are coming. Cures. I guess I'll use my finger quote because it's not curing the underlying problem, but the the ointment or the sav for the problem.
Speaker 3: They're getting they're getting better. Yeah, the band aids over the gaping wound are getting better. That's the metaphor I would go with. Oh, yes, yes, here's a really nice band aid. Look it completely covers the gaping wound.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm telling you the human kind is doomed.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, between now and when the beavers take over, you want to protect your loved ones and stuff. And that's why I simply save home security is so incredible. This is I mean, this is five times better than the crappy old security system Judy and I had in our old house that was way over expensive it hardly even worked. Simply Safe is incredibly affordable and incredibly effective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it at my house. I always say this, I like the sign in the yard when I'm backing out of the driveway that alerts people to the fact. And I mean they don't need to be alerted. Maybe it keeps them from getting in in the first place, but they'll find out soon enough that I have censors on all the doors and windows, and the lifeguard protection and the cameras and everything else that will keep you out of my home.
Speaker 3: Human monitors AI technology. If someone's lurking around your house or acting suspiciously, the agents can see and talk to them in real time, activate spotlights, even call the cops before they smash your door in not after before, no long term contracts or cancelation fees, and monitoring plans start affordably at around a buck a day. Amazing simply safe dot com slash armstrong. You get fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan and get your first month free. That's simply safe dot com slash armstrong there's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 1: I don't know what this is gonna sound like. Let's jam this in real quick. This is from the TikTok trend, which I think is a combination of kind of funny and silly and a serious underlying problem.
Speaker 4: I'll just call and tell you good night, sleeep dreams. I'm about to lay down. I'm not get in the bad I just want to call tell you good night, bro, sleep dreams.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing? I hope you sleep tight? Bro? What do you have? What sweet drink? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Bro? I just I can't wish did you sleep good tonight?
Speaker 3: Which mean.
Speaker 1: I was just calling to say tonight. Well thanks man. I appreciate that. I don't remember the lost of time someone say good night.
Speaker 4: I just want Colin say you good night, sweet dreams. I just want Colin say you good night, bro. If you sleep tight tonight, I think we get it.
Speaker 1: So, whether it's just it's just TikTok silliness, somebody trying to go viral, but it's calling.
Speaker 3: People, if guys, to freak him out and then post it on them, but it reeks of a need, I think that is well.
Speaker 1: I don't think I guarantee it's out there. Yeah, I guess the loneliness epidemic, which is well Joe. Joe always said we're doomed, so there's no point in going on with the conversation. Humanity is doomed. I think he's right. We love it here under the water. That's the problem. Wow. Yeah, they didn't really have any answers on meet the press either, as they went through all that stuff of social media and phones and lack of connection and blah blah blah and all these different sorts of things. Uh, they didn't.
Speaker 3: They didn't really have an answer. Turn the effing thing off, leave it behind. People aren't gonna do that though. Hang out with your friends, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: And you know it. People.
Speaker 3: I'm not concerned with people, Jack, I'm not concerned with solving the problem.
Speaker 1: Quote unquote.
Speaker 3: I'm throwing starfish back in the water. If I listen to me and one other person does, that's great. I can't save society, forget it.
Speaker 1: It's doomed. I just want to save as many people as I can, including me and the people I love. We got like two generations left, and there'll be no more human beings. On earth Land of the Beavers. Yeah and thoughts. Text line is four one, five two nine five kftc.
Speaker 2: An overturned truck covered a Texas highway an eight million dime, sparking a wild frenzy of drivers picking up like three dimes and saying, this is actually hard.
Speaker 1: Let's just go.
Speaker 3: The dimes should be the smallest denomination of American coinage that has been decided.
Speaker 1: Surprising number of texts from your teas of is it better to shower in the morning or at night? Hmmm? I would like to know the answer according to science, Yes, I've I was always a morning guy. I have become a night guy. I shower at night. Yeah, well I stay too. If you work out during the day, what are you going to get in You're gonna get into bed with your sweaty body.
Speaker 3: Grows you shower again, play golf, workout, whatever, double shower. Yeah, absolutely, So it's the question is.
Speaker 1: Long better debate? Better shower in the morning or night.
Speaker 3: Of course, morning shower enthusiasts say that's the obvious winner. It helps you wake up start the day fresh, Absolutely true. Night shower loyalists, on the other hand, will argue it's better to wash the day away and relax before bed.
Speaker 1: You get into bed nice and clean. Yeah, I don't like into getting into bed not clean. Also, you know, getting back to our previous conversation, I got no companionship and that plays a role. I would be showering more often if I did well.
Speaker 3: The microbiologist who wrote this says, there is actually a clear answer to the question. This part is really interesting, and their perspective is mostly about body odor. Many of us think body odor is caused by sweat. It is kind of indirectly, but it's actually produced by bacteria that live on the surface of the skin. Fresh sweat is odorless, but skin dwelling bacteria, specifically staphlocaci, use sweat as a direct nutrition source. When they bring down the sweat, it releases as a sulfur compaining containing compound, which is behind pungent boh.
Speaker 1: Finding this very gross, I think I almost never have the body odor. I shower enough to avoid that.
Speaker 3: So during the day, your body and hair inevitably collect pollutants and allergens, dust pollens that are alongside the usual accumulation of sweat and sebaceous oil. While some of these particles will be retained by your clothes, others will inevitably be transferred to your sheets and pillow cases.
Speaker 1: I don't want that.
Speaker 3: The sweat and oil from your skin will support the growth of bacteria that comprise your skin microbiome. They can be transferred onto your sheets. So showering at night may remove some of the allergen sweat and oil picked up during the day, so less ends up on your bed sheets. However, even if you're freshly showered before bed, you still sweat during the night, whatever the temperature. Your skin microbes will then eat the nutrients in the sweat, and you know what that means. By the morning, you'll have both deposited microbes onto your bed sheets and you'll probably wake up with some boh all right, And what particularly negates the cleaning benefits of the night's showers If your bedding is not laundered regularly, the odor causing micro present your bed sheets may be transferred while you sleep under your clean body. So I'll cut to the chase, because this is long. Morning showers help remove dead skin cells as well as any sweater bacteria you've picked up from your bed sheets during the night. Especially important if your bed sheets aren't freshly washed when you went to bed. This microbiologist says, clear winter morning showers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for you. I'm in a shower at night, rejecting science. Mm, rejecting that scientist.
Speaker 3: You're like the priests who tortured Galileo or poisoned him or punched him in the face.
Speaker 1: I don't remember. You would have kicked Copernicus out of the temple as you reject you know, you know what I noticed coming out of my three week sickness. But usually when you're sick, it's like a week or something like that. Usually when I'm sick, I get into a habit of like not doing my normal stuff, and so like the bed sheets are all there's tissues everywhere. My room is not just when you're sick. And then finally, when I'm done being sick, it's like, okay, let's get back to real life. Let's wash all the sheets, throw all the stuff away, let's get everything straightened out again.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, so true. Yeah, Okay, So anyway, shower whenever they you want. Sarson who sleeps in socks? So why would anybody take like a cycle path? Why wouldn't anybody take any advice from you? Tell you what, there's a fire, burglary. I throw my shoes on, which are right next to the bed, next to my gun, my eyeglasses, and I'm ready to go. Somedights, I sleep in a track suit if I think, you know, there could be action tonight. Gotta be ready.
Speaker 1: Like a guy I knew in high school on the wrestling team. He would put on his socks and shoes first. Now, you younger people are going to find this shocking, like Michelangelo, as we've learned over the years, because nobody ever sees anybody naked in the modern world. But back in the day, you played sports and everybody was naked in the locker room at the same time after you showered. Anyway, he would put on his socks and shoes before anything else. And his theory was, what if there're a fire right now, I can run out the door. You your bare foot.
Speaker 3: Socks, end shoes, socks and shoe then like had to work his pants over his shoes.
Speaker 1: Now that's a psychopath. He went on to be a marine and a cop, I believe, Wow, okay, and he was always ready. Trump said the strongest things he's said about Putin yet yesterday. That's after Putin launched the biggest attacks of the entire war against Ukraine over the weekend. Yes, strong, but odd and inconclusive. We'll talk about Matt an hour three, Armstrong and Getty