Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Getty. Who doesn't want to turn into a radio show that does a deep dive on Humphrey's Executor, which is just a great phraser, a great name for a legal case, Humphrey's Executor. It all gets down to whether or not a president of the United States can fire certain people that are in the executive branch. In theory, as the head of the executive branch, you'd think he could fire anybody in the executive branch, but you can't because of Humphrey's Executor. Anyway, we're going to talk about that a little bit because the Supreme Court's looking at it right now and it could have major implications. With Anastasia Bowden who joins us on the Armstrong Ngetty Show, she's a senior attorney Equality and Opportunity for the Pacific Legal Foundation. We've talked to her before. Anastasia, how are you doing today? Yello? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Michael?
Speaker 2: Tell me what's happening? Are you there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh cool? Sorry, we must had her wrong button pressed or something like that. How you doing.
Speaker 1: End of the Supreme Court term?
Speaker 3: Which, oh, can you can?
Speaker 2: We try to fix that, Michael, And then we'll get back to her. We're gonna ask her a little bit about we're coming to the end of the Supreme Court term. Maybe hang up and try a different line. Yeah, just get a different sell because sometimes, isn't that funny how that works? Away? Have you ever done that? Sometimes if you just hang up and call back, I don't know if you get a different cell tower or a different I don't know how cell phones even work, but in some it goes from being crappy to perfectly fine. And I do that all the time, and I've never understood why. But we're coming to the end of the Supreme Court term. Every year in June, the release oftentimes their most controversial decisions come out in June for some reason, and they announced them and then they head to the hills and nobody can ask them a question about it, and when then we all debate them on cable news shows as happening. How are things looking, Michael? Nope, Ify, Well, that's disappointing since what I was planning to talk about this entire segment was talking to Anastasia Boden. I was going to ask her about Anastasia. Why you named Anastasia? Is it your mom's I did your parents fight over it? Did it drive them apart? Or questions like it? Things are looking good, Okay, let's try again. Moved outside? Okay, cool, Thanks Anastasia. Stepping outside. You were about to say, I think that we're headed into June where the Supreme Court releases a lot of their decisions.
Speaker 1: This is supposed to be the most exciting time. It's the time we're all waiting for. There's only thirty five cases left. It's the biggest cases of the term, the spiciest ones. Everyone was signed on today to see what the court would do. Which opinions they were going to release?
Speaker 3: And what are they do?
Speaker 1: They release two opinions on feel preemption and arbitration. The facts are so boring. I feel that even mentioning the topic, it's corrid.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic. Well, first of all, why do they wait until the very end to release these Is there a strategy there?
Speaker 1: I think there's a little bit of strategy. I mean, these things tend to be divisive and it's not the court's fault. It's the government's fault. The government has invaded so many aspects of our life that it forces the Court into the position of having to rule on very controversial things, and so people are naturally outraged. So the Court, you know, they want to wait to the end before they're going to go to summer recess. But also because these things are so controversial, I think there's a lot of back and forth behind the scenes at the Court. You know, they're writing descents, they're trading the opinions, they're making alterations. So it's just a technical, you know, procedural thing as much as it's a strategic thing.
Speaker 2: So we're I don't know if you heard me mentioned at least briefly Humphrey's Executor and doing my dumb guy explanation of what it means. But it is kind of weird that we have a branch of government where the person at the top of the president has a bunch of agencies in his branch and he can't touch them, at least in theory. Because of that Humphrey's Executor executive ruling, and that's what they're looking at.
Speaker 1: That's right. This is actually one of the good cases. This is a big, big case because it would overturn you know, one of a very big case in constitutional law, been on the book since nineteen thirty five that says that Congress can limit the president's ability to fire people in the executive branch. And Congress says, hey, these are independent agencies. Like independence is a good thing.
Speaker 3: But the problem is.
Speaker 2: And what branch then their own special fourth branch.
Speaker 1: I don't understand that's exactly right. We don't want buocrats to be independent. We want them to be politically accountable. And if they don't answer to the president, who do they answer to? No one there, they're not elected, they don't answer to the people. So we need them to answer to the president so that if they do something bad, we can hold the president accountable and vote him out. So years ago the Supreme Court blessed this scheme where Congress can insulate bureaucrats from presidential accountability no matter what they do. And now we're going to hear whether that's a violation of the separation of powers and whether the Constitution requires that the president be able to fire people in the executive branch.
Speaker 2: Well, at first blush, it seems to me that yes, the president should have the ability to do that, and they should be responsible to voters in that way. The best examples to me being a lot of the environmental stuff. So Congress passes these laws that are very broad. Lets the agencies get into the specifics of it, but then aren't accountable to anybody, which is horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and make no mistake, Congress likes this scheme, right. They pass these broad laws, they kick it off to the aureucrats and they go, hey, go and force them. And then you know, they Congress has no political accountability either. They're like, well, we didn't do it the bureaucrafts. Blame the bureaucrats, right, so there're as much to blame as anyone.
Speaker 2: Congress ends up being to blame for lots of these days, don't they They.
Speaker 1: Do, and yet they seem to evade any accountability for it. They just throw up their hands and say, oh, it's too hard to get anything pass. Oh it's the bureaucrats.
Speaker 2: Oh the present. I really like your style, you know, as it kind of an aside, do you think there's any getting out of this situation where we are currently, where Congress doesn't do their job, which causes the president to go with a lot of you know, executive orders, which is a bad way to govern and only lasts as long as each presidency, or it ends up getting thrown to the Supreme Court where they end up in the most controversial spot because Congress won't do it. Is there any way out of this?
Speaker 1: I mean, the only way out of it is if the people start holding their representatives account to themselves into the constitution. But I think we've gotten to this place where a lot of people feel helpless, They feel very disconnected from Congress. They feel like there's nothing they can do, and so you know, it's just time for us to realize we absolutely can and we have to demand more of them. And you know that we have to also demand Think about all the scandals that are plaguing Congress, and I think we kind of roll our eyes now it seems kind of run of the mill. This is not run of the mill, So we have to do something about that.
Speaker 2: I would agree, And that the stats I've always liked around this is Congress regularly pulls very low lower now than it's ever pulled before for both parties, Like it's in the teams or twenty percent, but like ninety five percent of Congress people get reelected.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well that's the problem too, is you know that the whole machine is set up for incumbency. So it's true that there's a lot of hurdles to changing it. But you know, I remain optimistic.
Speaker 2: So if the Supreme Court decides, you know what, the president can fire these people. They're in the executive branch. He's the top executive. He can fire them. Any downside to that, anything you're worried about. I mean, no, yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: Fire them, you know, I mean, fire them all. But I don't think really missing anything. I mean, we have to realize that the principle wins out that. You know, it's interesting that the people who oppose this type of thing, they tend to oppose it in a particular administration. So people, you know, it depends on who's in power, and they're like, no, no, no, we have to let them be independent. But the principle is there, and I think the principle of separation of powers and accountability to the people, I think that's going to win out over.
Speaker 2: The long run. Yeah, the idea of all these commissions getting to write their lines of basically law because they were giving a broad law that lets them write the you know, the lines of whatever you guys call it code or something like that. The rules. I guess it's the rules and all these different commissions that we all have to follow in the then there's no there's no way for us to push back.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 1: Intimate details of our life. Gas stoves, Greek yogurt, dishwashers, you know, things that we use every day, and so absolutely they should be accountable tests.
Speaker 2: Excellent example gas stoves and Greek yogurt. Hey, Anastasia Boden, we appreciate your time. Do they Thank you very much for clarifying that. I love that.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's good. Pacific Legal Foundation Senior Attorney, Anastasia Boden, She is fantastic. If you can bring that sort of whimsy to the hump freeze executor ruling, I mean, that's a special talent right there. But we did create this like weird kind of fourth branch that's all these agencies that they get handed off, like we said, a very broad law. Tim Sander, for our other legal friend, talks about this a lot of time. Congress will will pass a law that basically says you know, don't do any bad things. And then they get to fill in the rest these agencies, and they're not answerable to anybody. Nobody can fire them, and so they can decide, you know what, gas stoves are the worst thing that ever happened to the human beings. We got to get rid of gas stoves like what according to who? We don't like that, But there's no pushback, and maybe after the Supreme Court ruling there will be. They will have to worry about public opinion when they make these decisions, or they will lose their jobs, which is the way it should work. That's fantas fantastic. Get a special gold star to anastage, or send her an Armstrong and Getty oven Mitt or something to let her know how pleased I was with her apparents Okay, do I have an ad I'm supposed to do here? Michael?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Awesome? Well cool, Well then we will take a little break and I'll come back with something much lighter. Stay tuned.
Speaker 4: Alec Murdo's double murdered drama still has it all. A new trial ahead gives new life to this Southern Gothic saga.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't never hurt Maggie Murden.
Speaker 3: I would never hurt Paul Murder under any circumstances.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I had people in my real life bringing this up to me when the news broke yesterday that this guy uh got his conviction overturned, killed his wife and kid, or at least that's what he was convicted of. Just a horrible thing. And then the ability to sit there in the court room and remember when he was crying little pau Pau. I would never do that, and he he's found guilty of it, and there's plenty of evidence that he did it. What a scumbag, What a psychopath. Anyway, here's more from the CBS report than what happened yesterday.
Speaker 4: Murda denied killing his wife and son in twenty twenty one. Prosecutors claimed he shot them to distract from embezzling millions from his law firm and vulnerable clients. South Carolina Supreme Court unanimously vacated those murder convictions, leading county clerk Becky Hill for shocking jury interference, denying Murdau his right to a fair when deliberations began, For example, Hill allegedly told the jurors, well, this shouldn't take us long.
Speaker 2: She later wrote a tell all book about the case, What an Idiot. Wow, There's more.
Speaker 4: Alec Murda's lawyers said they looked forward to a new trial, which prosecutors promise and is coming. We believe we have a duty to obviously pursue justice to all means. Have you been surprised by the never ending fascination with this case.
Speaker 3: It's a fascinating case.
Speaker 4: I mean every single time that you thought it couldn't get stranger.
Speaker 3: Or more interesting, it did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were so many angles to it that made it fascinating the whole. I know what I'll do to distract from these business problems is I'll murder my wife and son and then everybody will feel all guilty about what I'm going through. And what a freaking psychopath. He did that to get out of his trouble from stealing from various friends and people he's working with. And as Joe pointed out yesterday, one of the things that he did over the many years is he was an attorney and he would take on people like you know it had had something horrible happen to them, and he would sue and get them money. They deserved the money and they got the money because they were a victim of some sort of awful thing that you know, the wood chipper company did cause them to get their arm eaten off by a wood chipper. And then he would get a million of dollars, and then he would steal it from them, He'd steal the money. He was just he's just all kinds of a scumbag, leading to the worst of it, being willing to shoot his wife and son in cold blooded murder. Then what about this clerk who just couldn't keep her mouth shut. Another weird twist in the whole thing. Oh and then the angle that I think was the initial hook is that he and his kids, like his kids, had some mysterious ories too, where that it looked like they were out boting, hammered, drunk and somebody ends up drowning, but no charges are ever filed because they were such a powerful family in that part of South Carolina. His kids got away with acting like lunatics. He got away with acting like lunatics his dad and his grandpa. That's how many generations in your old boy South were able to either have cops on the payroll or judges or payoff juries or whatever. They did for years and years and years to live that lifestyle. There needs to be a long form book or movie made about that someday. But I think our big concern for most of us was when we all heard it had been overturned, that he was going to get away with it and get out, and apparently he's not actually going to get out because he's still got all the other crimes that he was guilty of. They're just going to have to retry it and we'll go through this again. It's a fascinating story. So that's that. I'm not gonna say anything, just that. If you listen to the show regularly, you know Katie Green, Katie Katie the news Lady, Katie Green, the news Machine. She hasn't been here for a while. She went on maternity leave, if you know what maternity leave is, and she talked a lot about over the last six months or so, her due date being roughly May the twelfth, which was two days ago, and she has been missing. So I won't put any finer a point on that. But she is coming on in just a few minutes to make an announcement, so stick around for that.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping for triplets.
Speaker 2: Oh, did she have a baby? I don't know. Did she have a baby? We don't know. Triplets. You'd have thought they'd have picked that up on the ultrasound, wouldn't you. That'd be a surprise him the lead back in the day when they had no idea and you'd go in thinking, boy, am I ready for parenthood? And you'd find out you got two or three or five? Oh my god, that'd be so crazy. Not only did you not know if it was a boy or a girl, you didn't know if you're gonna be raising one baby or five all of a sudden. Not that that happened a lot, how much time I got my go I don't know if I want to start into this story or not. Yeah, one minute I was doing I got a regular conversations about a variety of different things that I'll talk about with chatbots, you know, like maybe you want to buy a house, and do you think this would be a good idea, this be a good idea, or do I need to get this house fixed up this much to sell? Or what a blah blah. You have these conversations, and have you ever had this experience where you push back on these chatbots every time I push back on a chat bot, it caves, and I just wonder if other people have that experience, Like I pushed back on a point that chatbot make and I just told they're completely wrong, and why that's fair? Pushback honestly you're right, that you blah blah blah, and then explains how you were right. Does anybody else have that experience with the chatbots where every time you push back at caves. That's not a very good sounding board, is it? If every time you tell them they're wrong, they say, I agree, I agree you you're right, I am wrong? Anybody do that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Text line four one five two nine five KFTC or if there any chapbots that stand their ground. I kind of like a chat butt that stands its ground and says, no, here's why you're wrong, armstrong and geddy.
Speaker 3: Katie Kay the news babe, bring it to the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A smile, stal right, a stostal life. You can't help but stop and stick can't help but stop and stare.
Speaker 4: Breaking stories with us. She gotta gift, So Katie.
Speaker 3: Katy the news lady, you're all glad.
Speaker 2: Oh man, with a smile so bright and something or other. I don't know. I don't remember the lyrics, but that is really good. That's a song I made about Katie Green. Katie, Katie the news lady who joins us. Now, Katie, you have a special announcement to make.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm alive and baby Donovan is here and he's doing great.
Speaker 2: You had a baby.
Speaker 3: I had a baby.
Speaker 2: And this was expected, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is very well planned out.
Speaker 2: This. You know, you've seen those shows pregnant and didn't know it or they'll just the yeah, what was it?
Speaker 3: What did we say? It was like, oh, so you're not just stupid and.
Speaker 2: Fat right now? Though we've been talking to if you're just if you've this the first time you've ever listened to the show. Yes, Katie has been talking about her and her husband starting a family and the whole pregnancy and everything for a very very long time. Anyway, what do you want to tell us?
Speaker 3: Your mom now?
Speaker 2: Which is very very exciting. Congratulations, what's the move?
Speaker 3: Thank you? The mood is great. I the whole you know, first time I'm especially first time moms. They're like, oh, well, you know, make sure you create a birth plan. Yeah, shred it there there's no way to know. But I was in labor actively for twenty six hoursoh and this little dude, I have been telling all the nurses that I pictured him like a cat over a bathtub. He just didn't you know. I was on all sides, didn't want to come out. I like it here, Yeah, I don't want to see the world here. It's crap. So so finally, after twenty six hours, my doctor looked at me, He's like, you haven't nothing's changed at all. And so I finally just opted for a sea section, which, wow, that was an experience. I've never imagined being sliced basically and half way awake.
Speaker 2: You were awake for that. I don't know anything about sea sections because I and I have to do it, and I have no reason to read up on them since I didn't have to deal with it. So you were awake, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the initial plan was obviously to have a natural birth, but not natural in this sense. I wanted all the drugs, so I had an epidural, and then they decided to take out the epidural and put in I guess, a spine. They called it a spinal so it numbed me basically from mid chest to my toes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would want whatever they gave Michael Jackson, just short of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I was hoping for. But they they did that, and they numbed me out and wheeled me back to the or and my doctor was just freaking incredible. But I got wheeled into the r at seven pm on Tuesday, and Donovan's official time of birth when they got him out of me was seven point fifty seven. But I was awake for the whole thing, and you it, it's wow.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't even imagine, and uh.
Speaker 3: You know, and there was no there was no sharp pain or anything like that, but you can definitely feel the pressure playing in the tug. Drew said he saw he saw the doctor remove all of my insides and place them aside.
Speaker 2: Holy crazy. Yeah, I don't. I honestly don't know if I could have watched that. Good on your husband, I guess, I don't know if it's necessary. He sees your insides, He's now seen your liver, so he's you know, he knows what that looks like. Yeah, it's probably cute and blonde.
Speaker 3: Like you, yeah, or or damaged. One of the two. Yeah. She looked at it and he was like what he was like, I saw all of your insides outside of you, and I was like, okay, well wow yeah. And then they got Donovan out and they had to take him over to the nick you because he had some fluid in his lungs and whatnot. But they took him over there at you know, eight pm, and he was back in our room with us doing just fine by three am. And he's just darling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fantastic. That is. That is a cute baby. And I know everybody says that. I don't always say that. I just say nothing because sometimes babies look weird and it's not there doesn't mean they're not gonna be cute later. It's just you know, they've been crunched up on a body forever, and your baby looks like the kind of baby that you want to put on like a baby food jar or some.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate that, and I'm so with you on like the alien baby thing. I've had that conversation so many times where it's like, oh, look, how cute that baby is. I'm like, no, no, it's not. It will be, but right now it is. That's not cute. Yeah, that happens he's he's he's definitely. All the nurses who have come in have been like, oh my gosh, he's actually really cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is. It's a very cute baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Put him on Instagram and I'll put him on the I'll put him on Twitter and stuff so you guys can can see him if you're not on the on the Gram.
Speaker 2: Before we get to the whole, now you're a mom's stuff. Uh, how are you feeling physically since you were a split open?
Speaker 3: I feel shockingly I've been I mean I'm up walking, uh paily talking to you right now. I've been trying to spend limited time in bed. They they've been actually kind of like, hey, you need to lay down and chill out a little bit more than you are. But my pain level, you know how they give you that stupid ooh the scale of one to ten. I've been between a two and a three and I think I five, like once, yeah, okay, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: You're I assume you're your organs are back inside you. I assume, I sure hope so, and the right order and the right order yeah place. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought it was weird that I burped and a part of my intestine came out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: But you know whatever, that is pretty funny that you're because I know you and your uh, your husband like to have a drink now and then it's funny he got to see your liver and check out. Okay, I guess we got a few good years left.
Speaker 3: We do. We've got a solid few more trips to the bar.
Speaker 2: So it's having lived through it a couple of times. It's beyond words, but best you can do with words. Becoming a parent, parenthood so far, it.
Speaker 3: Is a love that I didn't know was even possible. He you know, it's it's I want to do anything and everything I can for the rest of my life to protect this little guy. And he's just he's completely melted both of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is stunning. I remember having this conversation with my wife at the time. It was like shocking and not shocking to us. At some point when I had this conversation about like if the house caught on fire, I'm getting the kids out and if you get out, fine, and I will help once the kids are out. But the kids are getting out, the kid is getting out, and you're the second priory and we're both like yeah, I agree completely, Get the kid up, don't worry about me, and you know, and that doesn't happen until and it becomes so natural. It's not like an intellectual decision. You couldn't do it any other way. Something kicks in in the in the brain when you have a kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, when they took him after the C section, I didn't I didn't get to hold him, I didn't get to touch him, I didn't get to do anything. I was laying on the operating table and they took him and so I had to go into recovery for two hours. And so now it's ten PM and I still have not seen my son, and so they agreed that they would wheel me back to the nick You to go see him. And they were all kind of joking with me because I had just had a C section and I pretty much got up off the table so I could just hold his hand, oh and see him. And Drew, Yeah, Drew had to actually grab the back of my my darling robe that they put me in and get me to lay back down because I tried to stand up because I just wanted to be with him. But yeah, I mean, it's it's a love that. I didn't. I didn't know it was even humanly possible.
Speaker 2: So is is Drew your husband? Is he the sort of person that's not squeamish about medical stuff or is it just because in the moment he was Okay, I honestly don't know if I could watch what you just described.
Speaker 3: You know, he he used to be squeamish, but considering his profession, he deals with a lot of a lot of violence and a lot of blood.
Speaker 2: So I'm okay, sure it was. That makes a difference.
Speaker 3: Now it's gotten a little more natural for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how big was the baby? Yeah? Yeah, Michael's really big. He's like a grandma. What he wants to know? How big the baby was?
Speaker 3: The baby was fifteen or fifteen? Good grief? Fifteen pounds fifteen point no? Good? Yeah, I wouldn't be talking to you right now that in case. Five pounds fifteen point six ounces and eighteen and a half inches long.
Speaker 2: There you go. Michael probably had one of those prop bets on one of those off shore sights. I lost twenty bucks expected to be baby Michael. So you were, we were all we all been texting a lot. So this conversation was through text, and I'm sure your medical team is great and they're just doing what all medical teams do, but you're having the experience everybody who's ever been in the hospital has of the fact that somebody comes in every five minutes and interrupts you while you're trying to sleep and then says, you get some rest. It's important you get some rest. That's the and they're gone for like five minutes when somebody else comes in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's happened more times than I can count. My favorite one was yesterday though, where she came in taking care of stuff. You get some rest. I'll be back at six forty and I looked up at the clock. I was like six forties and twelve minutes. Yeah, what do you mean, get rest?
Speaker 2: I'll get some deep rest over the next ten minutes. I wonder why that is a truism for everybody that's ever in a hospital wanting to rest. Is because they can't coordinate, because you just they can't coordinate them. And I don't know, but that's always been my experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I mean, there's we've had so many teams as this has been so funny. Right as I was doing that part of this conversation with you. There was a nurse in here that wanted to talk to me, and they're going to come back, sure, but yeah, I mean it's just been one after the other. Drew had to leave yesterday for like thirty minutes, and I think five different departments came in between occupational therapy and you know, postpartum depression and all. You know, but they are I mean, they are on rotation, coming in here one after the other after the other, and you know, and also newborns, you know, they have to eat like regularly. So we had somebody coming in twice in the middle of the night to make sure that I wake him up and feed him. And yeah, so I look, I look like I haven't slept in about two months. But I'm sure ready for it. I know it's not going to get any better.
Speaker 2: What you never know, our our first kid slept constantly. I remember calling the doctor and saying, calling the advice nurse and like, he just keeps sleeping. Is everything, Okay, be thankful, enjoy it is what they said, don't Yeah, you don't worry about it. Sometimes they sleep, sometimes they don't. You never know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been a really good sleeper so far.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. How'd you come up with the name Donovan? Is it a family name or what's that all about? Because I know people are going to ask.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, so first of all, we're both very Irish, so it's a strong Irish name. My grandfather's name was don Donald and so we went with Donovan. And then Jay is my dad's middle name. Cool, so it's Donovan.
Speaker 2: J Speaking of your dad, the judge who's been on the show many times, I'm guessing your parents are pretty excited about being grandparents.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're so excited. It's and it's been that's that's also been an aspect that I wasn't expecting to like make me emotional, but like seeing them sitting here and my dad he holds he holds Donovan the way he held me, and my mom he's gonna go. You gotta get a crick in his neck? Yeah, great, it's pretty funny. And then you know, my mom's like give him back and no, all right, guys.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, Hanson and I Joe's not here today. He's playing golf. But Hans and I were amazed that you were going to call in because you know, we've all been through the experience and not as the mom of the whirlwind is that when you have a baby. I mean, it's a it's quite a couple of days. But appreciate you taking the time to call because so many everybody was texting and asking and emailing and stuff like that. So thanks for filling all the information.
Speaker 3: When you get home, Yeah, today say I'm going home.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 3: So they're gonna, yeah, they're gonna come in. They've got a couple more checks to do on him. They're done checking me out. I'm I'm I'm fine. And then they're gonna you know, like the car seat things very important. You're gonna do all that. Oh and so we we took one of the blankets that we swaddled Donovan in and we gave it to the girl who is watching our dog, Frankie. She's been she's been sending me videos. Frankie will not leave that blanket. He's been carrying it around the house. He's sleeping on it. I mean, it's that's also incredible because I know he knows something's going on. Yep. But but yeah, so we're gonna go home, and I've been getting so many sweet messages from our listeners and you know, the Facebook pages and the Instagram and all that stuff. So I'm I'm glad to let everybody know, Hey, I'm here, I'm alive. Donovan's alive, Drew is alive. I didn't kill him either, so we're all good for some reason.
Speaker 2: So it blew my mind, though it still does. Just the idea that you drive to the hospital the two of you, and you leave there's three of you. I mean, it's just yeah, yeah, And then you get home it's like yeah, because when you're at the hospital you got all that help constantly and everything like that. You're home, you're like, okay, now it's just us and kind of winging it here.
Speaker 3: And my dad, my dad was saying so on Monday, before I went in to be induced, I went to the gym with my dad. He goes, hey, so just to let you know, I know that you've had a couple of moments of like are you going to be a good mom? Which I have. I've had a couple of like oh my god, what am I doing? You know? He goes, just wait until you get home. That's when the real yea, what the f yeah moment is going.
Speaker 2: To hit true if it's something, because you're so protected in the hospital with all that medical care around, and then you get home it's like, okay, all right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, I have this giant red button where if anything has happened where I'm even remotely unsure, I hit that and somebody comes running. Now I am the big red button, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations, everybody, very very happy for you, and go spend time with your baby.
Speaker 3: All right. I will thank you guys, and.
Speaker 2: Drive home with your hazard lights on. Good plan, Michael. Okay, thanks Katie, abso more on the way. I stay here. So I broke one of my own rules there with Katie. If you're just joining us, we just talked to Katie Green, our news person we've had for a very long time. She just had a baby, first child, and it's all excited about it. In good story. I broke one of my rules. I don't talk about future stuff with new parents because I didn't like it when people did it with me. Because I just let people have their own experience. Don't don't tell me, wait till this happens, wait till that happens. RelA to just let people have their experience. It's my own. I don't know if Joe would agree with us or not. He's not here, but anyway, because I brought up just for the show, the idea that when you get home with your kid in the first time you walk in the door, in the door closes and you're there with your baby is like, Wow, it's a lot more comfortable at the hospital when I knew that emergency help was this close as opposed to being home. But that is quite the feeling. But also getting in the car and you start driving, You've never driven quite the same way as you do the first time you're pulling out of a driveway with your brand new baby in the back seat, Like, is that person gotta stop? Are they stopping?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: You don't usually you're just looking at your phone driving around. Who cares? You got a baby in the car for the first time? It changes. It's final tho ho twys soon well your comments and tin us yas.
Speaker 3: Closure ah the show.
Speaker 2: Well, there's only two of us here to give final thoughts. I'm your host for final thoughts and I'm half of the final thoughts. But Michaelangelo running the board there, what's your final thought? Michael, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to hearing about Katie's stories on the show.
Speaker 2: With her kid. Yeah, that will be good. It'll be my final thought. That will be good for Joe and I to relive and all you listeners who either have never done it or have done it, just to go through the whole process of all the things that happen from the moment you get home through through raising a kid. It's good stuff, very exciting. It'll be interesting to see as happens with everybody. Your your views of what you care about, what you don't care about change as a parent also, and which is going to happen. An effect on our politics in the future is less and less people have kids. I'll tell you that AnyWho subject for a different day. Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour work day. We got all sorts of stuff at Armstrong and Getty dot com at the store, like our Enforce the Law t shirt, which we really love. You should get one of those and wear it with pride. Anyway, I was fun talking to Katie, so happy for her. Lots of good stuff. See you next time. God bless America. I'm strong and getchy. There's a fantastic podcast that you gotta listen to every day. It's got Jack and Joe, Katie and Michael Langelo.
Speaker 4: It's called I'm Strong and Geddy on themand.
Speaker 2: We subscribe now wherever you download your podcast, I'm
Speaker 3: Strong and Geddy on Them, Armstrong and Getty